Human Paragon 3
2012-08-20, 01:51 PM
Aristocrat

{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
+0|
+0|
+0|
+2|Master of the Hunt +3, Rights and Property (Gear)

2nd|
+1|
+0|
+0|
+3|Bonus Feat

3rd|
+2|
+1|
+1|
+3|Aristocratic Presence (skills)

4th|
+3|
+1|
+1|
+4|Master of Tactics +4

5th|
+3|
+1|
+1|
+4|Rights and Property (Landlord)

6th|
+4|
+2|
+2|
+5|Master of the Hunt +6

7th|
+5|
+2|
+2|
+5|Aristocratic Presence (AC, Opposed Rolls)

8th|
+6/+1|
+2|
+2|
+6|Bonus Feats

9th|
+6/+1|
+3|
+3|
+6|Rights and Property (Men at Arms)

10th|
+7/+2|
+3|
+3|
+7|Master of Tactics +6

11th|
+8/+3|
+3|
+3|
+7|Aristocratic Presence (Armor Penetration)

12th|
+9/+4|
+4|
+4|
+8|Master of the Hunt +9

13th|
+9/+4|
+4|
+4|
+8|Bonus Feat

14th|
+10/+5|
+4|
+4|
+9|Rights and Property (Regal Landowner)

15th|
+11/+6/+1|
+5|
+5|
+9|Aristocratic Mettle

16th|
+12/+7/+2|
+5|
+5|
+10|Master of Tactics +8

17th|
+12/+7/+2|
+5|
+5|
+10|Rights and Property (Army)

18th|
+13/+8/+3|
+6|
+6|
+11|Master of the Hunt +12

19th|
+14/+9/+4|
+6|
+6|
+11|Bonus Feat

20th|
+15/+10/+5|
+6|
+6|
+12|Rights and Property (Warlord)[/table]

Hit Die
d8.

Class Skills
The aristocrat’s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Appraise (Int), Bluff (Cha), Diplomacy (Cha), Disguise (Cha), Forgery (Int), Gather Information (Cha), Handle Animal (Cha), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (all skills taken individually) (Int), Listen (Wis), Perform (Cha), Ride (Dex), Sense Motive (Wis), Speak Language (None), Spot (Wis), Swim (Str), Survival (Wis), and Use Magic Device (Cha).

Skill Points at 1st Level
(6 + Int modifier) ×4.

Skill Points at Each Additional Level
6 + Int modifier.

Class Features
The following is a class feature of the aristocrat PC class.

Weapon and Armor Proficiency
The aristocrat is proficient in the use of all simple and martial weapons and with all types of armor and shields.

Rights and Property

The Aristocrat begins play with one masterwork item of his choice, free of charge. This item can be a weapon, shield, set of armor, or tool. He may make improvements to this item, i.e. magical enhancements, exactly as he would to any other item, except that if the item is ever destroyed, he may have it replaced free of charge by returning home for one week.

At 5th level, he gains the benefits of the landlord feat, even if he would not normally qualify for the feat. At 9th level, he gains a number of men-at-arms (followers) as if he had taken the leadership feat, but does not gain a cohort. At 14th level, the income from his landlord feat doubles. At 17th level, the aristocrat's men at arms double. At 20th level, his men at arms triples and he may immediately allocate any amount of gold from his landlord feat to equip them.

Master of the Hunt

At first level, an Aristocrat gains the service of a loyal animal, similar to the druid's animal companion. Unlike druids and rangers, there is nothing divine or mystical about this connection; it is simply a bond formed by rearing, training, and cohabitation with an animal bred for service. Therefore, the animal companion does not gain the link or shared spell abilities. This feature is otherwise identical to the druid class feature. The aristocrat may select either a dog, horse, or falcon as their companion, and gains a competence bonus to skills depending on this choice, as long as he can see or hear his animal companion.

Dog: +3 competence bonus to survival
Horse: +3 competence bonus to ride
Falcon: +3 competence bonus to perception

These bonuses increase to +6 at 6th level, +9 at 12th level, and +12 at 18th level

If the animal dies, he does not lose XP, but cannot replace the animal until he returns home for at least one week to select and train a new companion.

Bonus Feat
At 2nd, 8th, 13th, and 19th level, the Aristocrat gains a bonus feat. This feat can be from the fighter list, or any feat at the DM's discretion.

Aristocratic Presence

Aristocrats are born to duty, privilege, and greatness. They are a cut above common folk, and take to skills naturally. Starting at level 3, the aristocrat may add their charisma bonus (if any) to all strength, dexterity, and constitution-based skill checks.

At 7th level, they may add their charisma bonus to armor class and opposed rolls. At 11th they may add their charisma bonus to attack and damage rolls made against armored opponents.

Master of Tactics

Through rigorous training in the field of arms, the aristocrat learns to be a master of battle tactics and coordination. Instead of the normal +2 bonus for flanking and aid another, at 4th level the aristocrat gains and grants a +4 bonus. This increases to +6 at 10th level and +8 at 16th level.

Aristocratic Mettle

At 15th level, the aristocrat may add his charisma bonus to all fortitude and will saving throws, and gains the benefit of the mettle ability.

Omnicrat
2012-08-20, 02:30 PM
This class looks great. Two questions:

1) Where can I find landlord feats?
2) What happens if an Aristocrat takes the Leadership feat?

Human Paragon 3
2012-08-20, 02:33 PM
Thanks!

1) It's in the Stronghold Builder's Guidebook
2) Leadership functions for the aristocrat just like it functions for any other character. Track the followers from the leadership feat separately from the Rights and Property followers. You may use Warlord funds to equip your leadership followers.

Zale
2012-08-20, 03:59 PM
Shouldn't the Falcon grant a bonus to Spot checks? (Perception is from Pathfinder, right?)

My, my they get Cha to everything don't they..

Omnicrat
2012-08-20, 04:03 PM
Thanks!

1) It's in the Stronghold Builder's Guidebook

I can't seem to find a pdf of that one. Are there any other sources I could use?

Human Paragon 3
2012-08-20, 05:51 PM
Shouldn't the Falcon grant a bonus to Spot checks? (Perception is from Pathfinder, right?)

We roll them together in my game, but yeah, in standard 3.5 it should be Spot.

My, my they get Cha to everything don't they..

Just about!

I can't seem to find a pdf of that one. Are there any other sources I could use?

If you google "landlord feat" you can find the whole text on D&D tools.