PDA

View Full Version : Post not showing up

Morph Bark
2012-08-21, 02:58 AM
I have attempted to post in this thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13762692#post13762692), but the post didn't show up. I retried and it didn't yet again. Any idea why this is? Is it showing up for anyone else?

Rockphed
2012-08-21, 04:43 AM
This is a known issue. Sometimes a post gets to the server, but doesn't trigger all the places that need triggering to recognize that a new post is there. It has to do with the heavier-than-designed-for load the server is often under.

If this happens the eaten posts can normally be seen below the reply box on the "reply to topic" page. In the case of the linked thread, I only see one copy of a post by you, so it might have truly bugged the first time.

Normally this issue fixes itself when someone else posts to the thread. There might be something the mods can do the force a refresh on a thread, but I think back when this first started and they would actively try fixing it they would just make a post.

HOWEVER, do not post to a bugged thread just to try fixing the problem. Not only does it not work, but it is still spam. Also, please don't post and then delete the new post. That just rankles rawhide's hide raw. It will fix itself when it fixes itself. Until it fixes itself, you can still see replies in the thread review. The only problem is quotes.