PDA

View Full Version : Without Limit IC

DraPrime
2012-08-24, 07:18 PM
It is morning in town of Archi, a town of no great significance that merely serves as a resting point for ships traveling along the southern coast of Imisy. A ship called the Archonte is sailing out of the harbor thanks to a strong wind filling its sails. The half-elven crew scramble about the ship carrying out their tasks while the captain yells his orders in Elvish. It is a merchant vessel, about 150 ft. in length, carrying a shipment of spices. The beautiful weather makes for a picturesque scene as the ship sails in the towards the rising sun. The destination is Thessalkai, another port near the Strait of Simantiko that opens up to the Green Sea, an immense body of water that is encircled by the majority of the continent. From Thessalkai ships can be found going nearly anywhere along the Green Sea.

Travelers are not usually welcome on the Archonte, but occasionally the captain will allow a few to make some extra money. This time there are four travelers aboard, currently sitting in the galley, which is a dimly lit and somewhat grubby room with five tables used for serving food. A cook is preparing some food, some sort of a vegetable stew judging by the smell. The first mate, who introduced himself as Naftis, is also down there, explaining the journey to the travelers.

"You're generally free to roam the ship, but stay out of any private quarters, and don't wander down into the hold. Don't get in the way of anything the crew is doing; it's all for the good of the ship and our journey. If anything bad happens, like a storm or whatnot, listen to the orders the captain and I give you. We've both been sailing for decades, so we'll know what to do. You're free to eat and drink as you like, just don't give Reivo over there too much trouble. He's got a whole crew to cook for after all. Take what he serves, and thank him. Just don't cause trouble, and no trouble will find you on this trip. The journey itself is fairly short, only a few days, and uneventful. Weather looks good, and the reefs are always marked with lighthouses, so everything should go according to plan. If you need anything, just speak to me. So, any questions?"

LaZodiac
2012-08-24, 07:32 PM
Samantha, the lithe human bard, dressed in a nicely dyed red outfit clearly showing her profession, raises a hand.

http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/5083/samanthao.png: "Pray tell, shall we be sharing rooms, or do we each have one to our own? If by chance it's the former, perhaps I could provide some songs in exchange for my own room? I don't mean to impose, just..." Samantha looks over to the others, "...I'd feel a bit safer, is all."

DraPrime
2012-08-24, 07:39 PM
Naftis points a meaty finger down the hall.

"Over there is where you and the elf will be staying. The captain thought it proper to give you ladies cabins. Further down past the cabins is the quarters for the crew. We've set up two extra hammocks there for the men."

He fishes around in his pocket and then pulls out two keys.

"One for you ma'am, and one for you elf. These would be for your cabins."

Blue Ghost
2012-08-24, 07:50 PM
The red-haired elven girl, Cora, dashes forward and grabs one of the keys. Ooh yay, thanks!

She looks at the key confusedly. Wait, did he say this one's for me or for you? Well, it doesn't really matter now, I guess. Come on, let's head inside! Without waiting for a response, she's manically fitting the key into the lock and swinging the door open.

LaZodiac
2012-08-24, 07:56 PM
Samantha puts on a exasperated expression, but stays sitting.

To her right, the northernmen dwarf laughs at Cora's upbeatness, drinking from his mug of beer. His multitude of weapons clink together as he laughs.

http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/7349/gardar.png: "Well then, seem's she's a perky lass. You shant be getting your beauty sleep, bard" he laughs again, then says "So, iffen we're going to be grouped together like this, lets say we introduce ourselves. I'm Gardar Snowfall. What about you lot?

Blue Ghost
2012-08-24, 07:59 PM
The elf grins. My name's Cora! I'm from Provota, but I don't really have a home now. Just wandering here and there, looking for some adventure, y'know. Don't you like adventure?

The one, a tall, muscular man wearing a face-concealing hood, finally speaks, not looking up. My name is Seeker. Then he goes silent again.

DraPrime
2012-08-24, 08:01 PM
Naftis leans forward to briefly watch Cora opening her door.

"Huh. Well, I have work to do. Good day."

He then gets up from the table and begins to make his way out of the galley.

When the door swings open Cora sees a plain and small room. There is a bed in the corner underneath a small porthole that lets light into the room. A small table lies in the center of the room with an unlit lamp on it and a bowl of some aromatic spices to keep the cabin smelling fresh. Besides that, the room is empty.

LaZodiac
2012-08-24, 08:04 PM
"I like adventure as well, Cora. I'm Samantha. Some call me The Songstress, though in truth I'm just a simple bard looking to spread my music through the lands" she looks at Seeker a moment, wondering what could be under his hood. She shakes it off, and gets up "Just a single bed for us, then? Sailors, they know everything about their lady sea, but nothing about normal women."

DraPrime
2012-08-24, 08:09 PM
Naftis gets an irritated look on his face, and momentarily mutters something about women on ships before answering. "Ma'am, we're a merchant vessel. The Archonte is not made for luxury, or even for taking passengers. That you two have your own beds is more than the rest of us have, besides the captain.

LaZodiac
2012-08-24, 08:11 PM
Samantha thinks for a moment apon the situation, and realizes she's made a grave error. Blushing, she says "Oh, I am sorry sir, I..see, I've never really been on a boat before, so I'm not entirely all in the right mind. I missunderstood what you said completely!"

As Samantha takes the key for her room, Gardar laughs into his mug, nearly spilling it.

DraPrime
2012-08-24, 08:19 PM
Naftis just shakes his head and mutters something in another language. "Os synitos." (Elven: As usual.)

LaZodiac
2012-08-24, 08:22 PM
Samantha will pretend she doesn't understand that, but she won't make an effort of hiding that she does, at the very least, understand. She'll then attempt tp change the subject. "So..Seeker, is it? What are you seeking?"

Blue Ghost
2012-08-24, 08:57 PM
Cora giggles. You can take the bed, Samantha. I'm used to sleeping on the ground. But really, I had expected something fancier.
And she's off, bursts of magic blossoming from her fingertips, coating the walls of the cabin in dazzling shades of color. When she finishes her handiwork, she steps back and smiles. How's that?
She winks to Naftis. Don't worry, it'll wear off.

Seeker lifts his head toward Samantha. Samantha, but not any of the others, can now see his face, and his glowing red eyes. I seek my past and my future.

LaZodiac
2012-08-24, 09:10 PM
"It...looks quite good" Samantha says absentmindedly, more focused on Seeker at the moment. "It sound's like a noble quest. Perhaps when this trip is over, we shall...travel together? A strong warrior needs a voice to tell the world his actions, after all"

Blue Ghost
2012-08-24, 09:16 PM
Seeker smiles wanly. Perhaps it is a noble quest. I certainly hope so. Perhaps I shall tell you more about it, and then you can decide if you wish to stay by my side. Not here though.

LaZodiac
2012-08-24, 09:17 PM
"When. Not to beg the issue, of course"

Blue Ghost
2012-08-24, 09:24 PM
When we have a little more privacy.

Cora, who was listening in, pokes her head in, grinning. Privacy? What's that?

LaZodiac
2012-08-24, 09:33 PM
Gardar laughs again, clearly enjoying Cora's antics. He finishs off his beer and says "Well, I'm going to test out my hammock. And let it be known, hood boy, if you need a little extra muscle on your quest, I'm willing. I sense you'll go far, and someone who goes far finds information. Information a ranger such as myself may need." and with that, Gardar will head off to where Naftis pointed to the hammocks for the men, and slips into the bottom one, testing it out.

DraPrime
2012-08-24, 09:41 PM
Gardar walks down the hallways and opens the door to the men's quarters. The large room is full of hammocks hanging from the ceiling, though they are all empty at the moment because the crew is busy all over the ship. Two clean hammocks that don't smell quite so much of heavy use by unwashed sailors hang in the corner. One hangs lower than the other, and Gardar discovers it to be rather comfortable, though it does sway with every single movement of the ship.

LaZodiac
2012-08-24, 09:44 PM
Gardar mutters to himself about not exactly liking an unsteady ground, but manages to deal with it.
------------------

Samantha stands up "Well Seeker, let us talk again when we can. Untill then" and with that, Samantha shall go to her room. Unless Blue's got anything else to say, I think now would be a good time for a timeskip of sorts.

Blue Ghost
2012-08-24, 09:45 PM
Seeker gives Samantha a nod and heads off after Gardar. Sitting down in the remaining clean hammock, he looks at Gardar with his piercing red eyes. Good day, Gardar Snowfall. To where are you traveling?

LaZodiac
2012-08-24, 09:49 PM
Garder returns the stare "I'll tell you straight Seeker. There is a man who has marked himself for death. You have the look of someone who attracts people like that. I'll find him if I journey with you."

Blue Ghost
2012-08-24, 09:53 PM
Seeker gazes at Gardar intently. So, you are hunting another man. What purpose do you have for this?

LaZodiac
2012-08-24, 09:56 PM
"To do to him what he did to me, plus interest. Tear his life out from underneath him and piss on the shallow graves. No apologies if this hurts any sensibilities you may have lad. Mayhaps I'll tell you why, iffin you ask nicely" Gardar answers. He laughs, but it's much different from his amusement at Chora's antics. It's a dead man's laugh.

Blue Ghost
2012-08-24, 10:00 PM
Seeker's red eyes gaze off into the distance. The reason for my quest is a similar one. I too seek one who has done me harm. Not a man, but a creature from another world, a devil of hell. I must slay him if I am to purify myself.
He slips off his hood, reveaing the tips of two small horns poking out from his long black hair.
If we are to travel together, yes, I must know why you are hunting your enemy. For I cannot have any more innocent blood on my hands.

LaZodiac
2012-08-24, 10:07 PM
Gardar stays silent for a moment, and says "Agreed. I had a wife. A child. The best of both you could ever half. Then one day I return home from hunting in the tundra...my house is destroyed. On fire. A lanky man, blade looking like it comes out of his fist. He killed them. I still don't know why. He tried to kill me. Left me for dead in the snow. But if our spirits have taught us anything, you don't trust the snow to do the job of your hands.

Blue Ghost
2012-08-24, 10:32 PM
Seeker nods. A worthy cause you take up, but it is a dangerous one. The man who killed your wife and child needs to be brought to justice, and it is good of you to seek that. But revenge has a way of corrupting the best souls. Be careful.
He thinks for a moment. Very well. Perhaps if I can aid you and protect you, it may absolve some of my own corruption. We shall travel together. He offers Gardar his hand, and Gardar will notice several reptilian scales on the back of it.

LaZodiac
2012-08-24, 10:34 PM
Gardar takes it "No worries lad, I'm a focused revenge. I'll heed your words never the less. And don't fret about your apperance. A man's as good as his actions, no matter his looks."

Blue Ghost
2012-08-24, 10:59 PM
Seeker sighs. I'm glad you think so. The sailors probably don't. Superstitious lot, they'd throw me overboard as soon as they heard about me.

LaZodiac
2012-08-25, 07:28 PM
Now, unless Blue has anything for say, Cora to do, I think Samantha shall retire to her room as well, and we can time skip to an appropriate time, yes?