PDA

View Full Version : Orchimodo, Omnivorous Gliding Lizards (Pathfinder Animal Companion)

LordErebus12
2012-08-25, 03:56 PM
Orchimodo

http://i.imgur.com/Zjwcb.png

The Orchimodo is a species of giant gliding lizards that are found in both Mountainous, Forested terrains. Using their claws to climb up sheer cliffs or giant trees, they leap off into the air, gliding to a nearby surface before landing on another cliff or tree. These beasts often live in similar areas that flying Dinosaurs live in, such as the Pteranodons, as well as areas plenty in giant insects (their primary food source).

Their Diet consists of meat and eggs from both animals and insects, tree-baring fruits (they have a thing for sour fruits), and these large non-edible nuts found in their native jungles. The nuts are toxic but the Orchimodo ingests clay found in the cliffs to aid in digestion and to help absorb the toxins. Domesticated, they often show a fondness for music, often humming, purring or even fluttering its wing flaps (this produces a dry rattle, similar to the sound of a rattlesnake's tail) to the beat of the music.

But despite being voracious hunters, they are not extremely violent pets, they often make good pets for children (while the orchimodo is still smal-sized), however, they do grow fast and can easily injure or kill the child with their power and size, without long-term specialized obedience training. Trained as guard animals by elves, the Orchimodo has long been a favorite pet of the elven ruling class, as well as those who spend much time in the jungles where the Orchimodo are found.

The wing-folds of the Orchimodo are hidden within some skin flaps until they take off, jumping from higher ground to allow for maximum distance covered. These Orchimodo often climb high into the ancient forests and sheer mountainous regions that it calls its home.
http://i.imgur.com/2Qgo2.png
The eye-shaped color patterns on the feathered ears allow it to intimidate foes, making it appear as if the head was a lot larger than before. Also used in mating rituals and in territorial disputes.
http://i.imgur.com/tr9ld.png

ORCHIMODO CR 6 XP 2,400
N Huge animal
Init +2; Senses low-light vision, scent; Perception +8

DEFENSE
AC 19, Touch 10, Flat-footed 17
(+2 Dex, +9 natural, –2 size)
HP 76 (9d8+36)
Fort +10, Ref +8, Will +4

OFFENSE
Speed 40 ft.; Climb 20 ft.; Glide 20 ft.
Full Melee Bite +13 (2d6+8/×2) and 2 claws +7/+7 (1d8+4/×2)
Melee 2 claws +12 (1d8+4/×2)
Melee Bite +13 (2d6+8/×2)
Power Attack Bite +10 (2d6+14/×2)
Space 15 ft.; Reach 15 ft. (See lunge)
Special Attacks lunge (Doubles effective bite range as a standard action), sudden strike (may take a full attack in the surprise round)

STATISTICS
Str 27, Dex 14, Con 19, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 7
Base Atk +6; CMB +16; CMD 28 (32 vs. trip)
Feats Power Attack, Run, Skill Focus (Perception), Skill Focus (Intimidate), Weapon Focus (bite)
Skills Fly +6, Intimidate +6, Perception +8

ECOLOGY
Environment warm forests or mountains
Organization solitary, mated pair, or swoop (3–6)
Treasure half standard (they often eat shiny or magical objects)

SPECIAL ABILITIES
Lunge (Ex) : An Orchimodo's bite is capable of reaching much farther than normal for a creature of its size. As a full-attack action, it can make a single attack with its bite at double its normal reach. When an Orchimodo attacks with a bite in this manner, it gains a +4 bonus on its attack roll. An Orchimodo cannot make attacks of opportunity with its lunge.

Sudden Strike (Ex): An Orchimodo is particularly adept at moving quickly when its foes are surprised. During a surprise round, an Orchimodo may act as if it had a full round to act, rather than just one standard action.

Animal Companion Starting Statistics:
Size Medium
AC +4 natural armor
Speed 40 ft.; Climb 20 ft.; Glide 20 ft.
Attack 1 Bite (1d6) and 2 claws (1d4)
Ability Scores Str 12, Dex 16, Con 13, Int 2, Wis 13, Cha 6
Special Attacks lunge
Special Qualities low-light vision, scent

7th-Level Advancement:
Size Large
AC +3 natural armor
Attack Bite (1d8) and 2 claws (1d6)
Ability Scores Str +8, Dex –2, Con +4
Special Attacks sudden strike (may take a full attack in the surprise round)

LordErebus12
2012-08-31, 04:38 PM
Racial Variants.

some are differ, depending on the climate you find them in. anyone have any ideas?

ZippoMoon
2012-08-31, 09:33 PM
Looking good! To be honest though i've never really had a chance to play 3.5 with a serious group nor do I have rules memorised too well (I live in a small town and the only 3.5 group i've been able to find acted like children and didn't take it serious, it was frustrating) but I don't see any problems.

LordErebus12
2012-08-31, 10:00 PM
Looking good! To be honest though i've never really had a chance to play 3.5 with a serious group nor do I have rules memorised too well (I live in a small town and the only 3.5 group i've been able to find acted like children and didn't take it serious, it was frustrating) but I don't see any problems.

Thank you, I was surprised to see someone actually interested in my thread. Yeah i wanted it to have pounce too but that would be excessive and unbalanced for an animal.

ive encountered plenty of those types of players. i dont care much for 3.5, my self. pathfinder is my current favorite system.