PDA

View Full Version : Naraku v.s Alucard

DarthArminius
2012-08-28, 12:23 PM
http://inuyasha.wikia.com/wiki/Naraku

http://hellsing.wikia.com/wiki/Alucard

This is non-omnipotent Alucard. Naraku discovers a means to gain an even more powerful body. He must devour Alucard, a powerful demon equal to (Or greater) than him. Alucard also discovers that there is a threat to him that may prove more than simply amusing in battle. In fact, the word "threat" might even prove true, rather than Naraku just being a cute rival to provide some fun. Not wanting to miss a challenge, Alucard decides to meet up with Naraku and have a duel to see who is more powerful.

INoKnowNames
2012-08-29, 11:00 PM
Explain to me how you take the Omnipotence out of Alucard.

No, seriously, go ahead.

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/293/590/6f6.gif

DarthArminius
2012-08-29, 11:03 PM
Explain to me how you take the Omnipotence out of Alucard.

No, seriously, go ahead.

. . . . . .

No post Shrodinger.

INoKnowNames
2012-08-29, 11:33 PM
. . . . . .

No post Shrodinger.

I don't see at what point Alucard isn't Omnipotent -pre- Shrodinger.

.... ****, I don't see what point Alucard isn't Omnipotent -period-.

So my former thoughts still stand completely uninhibited, and thus I need to repost this gif.

DarthArminius
2012-08-29, 11:35 PM
I don't see at what point Alucard isn't Omnipotent -pre- Shrodinger.

.... ****, I don't see what point Alucard isn't Omnipotent -period-.

So my former thoughts still stand completely uninhibited, and thus I need to repost this gif.

Has Alucard ever fought someone as powerful as Naraku?

Fan
2012-08-29, 11:39 PM
Alucard has nothing that can penetrate Naraku's hax barrier.

From there Naraku just sits inside and spams miasma over the area, eventually Alucard runs out of lives, and dies.

INoKnowNames
2012-08-30, 12:10 AM
Has Alucard ever fought someone as powerful as Naraku?

Hm... fair question. I don't think there's really ever been -anything- that ranks as strong as Alucard, except maybe powered up Walter / Anderson, and at least Walter was basically being trolled in that fight.

Alucard has nothing that can penetrate Naraku's hax barrier.

I suppose so, since it's really only been broken through Magic / Holy Items and Weapons. Though he could potentally use Helena's Nail on it.

From there Naraku just sits inside and spams miasma over the area, eventually Alucard runs out of lives, and dies.

Yes, because someone who'se completely immortal, even before gaining the ability to will himself in and out of existance, is going to be remotely bothered by poison. Albeit at least poison capable of melting mountains in it's most intense form, but still.

Forum Explorer
2012-08-30, 12:15 AM
Alucard has himself made the claim that a normal human can defeat him (and that monsters cannot). So clearly he is defeatable (he should know after all).

Ninjadeadbeard
2012-08-30, 12:22 AM
Alucard has himself made the claim that a normal human can defeat him (and that monsters cannot). So clearly he is defeatable (he should know after all).

Technically, Naraku's not really human. He's more a gestalt of one human and thousands of demon parts. How would you count that?

INoKnowNames
2012-08-30, 12:31 AM

..... What part of this looks even remotely defeatable by human hands?

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/11/113563/2290438-Team_Alucard_by_RaventhePenguinNinja.jpg

Where exactly does he claim that a normal human can defeat him, rather than he would prefer to be beaten by a normal human?

Technically, Naraku's not really human. He's more a gestalt of one human and thousands of demon parts. How would you count that?

Naraku's spent his existance trying to cast off his humanity, only using it as a defense against sacred items, and even then it wasn't enough. You tell me.

Forum Explorer
2012-08-30, 12:37 AM
It was during his final confrontation with Anderson that he said that.

And no I don't know how a normal human would beat him. Presumably through a lot of time and effort. We do know he was defeated in the past by normal humans though.

Naruku would not count as a human but rather as a monster. So by Alucard's standards he couldn't win :smallbiggrin:

INoKnowNames
2012-08-30, 12:48 AM

I thought he said that he -could- have done it as a normal human (even though Anderson was a freaky frankenstein thing), desperately wishing him to not use Helena's Nail to turn into a monster, since Alucard rather likes Humanity and hates Monsters.

Oh well, point still stands.

Forum Explorer
2012-08-30, 12:51 AM
I thought he said that he -could- have done it as a normal human (even though Anderson was a freaky frankenstein thing), desperately wishing him to not use Helena's Nail to turn into a monster, since Alucard rather likes Humanity and hates Monsters.

Oh well, point still stands.

Yeah but I thought it was a theme of that story on that humanity was more then just being a human.

For example I'm pretty sure that Alucard considered Seras as a human for most of the storyline.

INoKnowNames
2012-08-30, 01:00 AM
Yeah but I thought it was a theme of that story on that humanity was more then just being a human.

For example I'm pretty sure that Alucard considered Seras as a human for most of the storyline.

I thought the theme of the story was don't mess with freaking Alucard and this is how a Real Mother ****ing Vampire is.

And it seemed like Alucard was mocking Seras for most of the story, until she gave in and went full vampire, at which point he acknowledges her properly.

DarthArminius
2012-08-30, 01:23 AM

And no I don't know how a normal human would beat him. Presumably through a lot of time and effort. We do know he was defeated in the past by normal humans though.

Naruku would not count as a human but rather as a monster. So by Alucard's standards he couldn't win :smallbiggrin:

This is sort of irrelevant. It's like counting the Witch-King's prophecy in a vs debate.

Forum Explorer
2012-08-30, 01:40 AM
This is sort of irrelevant. It's like counting the Witch-King's prophecy in a vs debate.

I only brought it up to prove that he is not omnipotent since that claim was made by one of his supporters. It is mostly irrelevant though.

Fan
2012-08-30, 02:36 AM
>Albeit Poison Capable of Melting Mountains.

There's your argument for you.

And it doesn't matter if the weapons are holy or not, you do realize that even Kagome's Spirit arrow didn't pierce it 100% right? Testyuga also didn't, and it was kinda capable of doing some hax ****.

Alucard isn't immortal, he has 1 million lives inside him that he uses to regenerate so each "Death" technically affects him, in however an insignificant manner, but against mountain melting poison, it kinda does it's thing pretty quick.

Tiki Snakes
2012-08-30, 07:57 AM

And it doesn't matter if the weapons are holy or not, you do realize that even Kagome's Spirit arrow didn't pierce it 100% right? Testyuga also didn't, and it was kinda capable of doing some hax ****.

Alucard isn't immortal, he has 1 million lives inside him that he uses to regenerate so each "Death" technically affects him, in however an insignificant manner, but against mountain melting poison, it kinda does it's thing pretty quick.

Except that, as far as I understand from the Wiki, once he ran out of familiars inside him it apparently made no difference, with the whole thing of him being invulnerable once they are gone basically being a theory at best.

The terminology is wrong. Post Schroedinger, Alucard is Omnipresent. Pre Schroedinger, he is merely an apparently unkillable and incredibly powerful monster. At no point does omnipotence come in to it.

DiscipleofBob
2012-08-30, 08:22 AM
Naraku sends wave after wave of demonic minions after Alucard.

Alucard eats said demonic minions and can now use them as familiars and access their memories and powers.

Naraku dies screaming as he's ripped apart by abstract demonic wolves with hundreds of eyes.

DarthArminius
2012-08-30, 08:25 AM

Alucard eats said demonic minions and can now use them as familiars and access their memories and powers.

Naraku dies screaming as he's ripped apart by abstract demonic wolves with hundreds of eyes.

Or the other way around. :|

INoKnowNames
2012-08-30, 11:27 AM

I watched up until the end of the first series, and got to read a lot of the last fight, though I should brush up on my information.

Correct me if I'm wrong, though, but didn't Inuyasha's Adamant Barrage pierce Naraku's barrier? Only the hard shell empowered by diamonds -and- the corrupted jewel shard became a strong enough defense against it, and it still wasn't completely inpenetrable at that point. And if Naraku's allowed to have his ultimate body + a perfect Shikon No Tama (considering that's -the- macguffin/plot coupon for the entire series, then he's a fair target for Omnipresent Alucard, who could just warp into the barrier, 'cause Omnipresent.

*opens mouth to answer*

Except that, as far as I understand from the Wiki, once he ran out of familiars inside him it apparently made no difference, with the whole thing of him being invulnerable once they are gone basically being a theory at best.

The terminology is wrong. Post Schroedinger, Alucard is Omnipresent. Pre Schroedinger, he is merely an apparently unkillable and incredibly powerful monster. At no point does omnipotence come in to it.

*shuts mouth*

Or the other way around. :|

Alucard doesn't start fights off summoning minions at people. Given that he is invincible, he usually takes hits first, just 'cause he gets off on it. He'd be more likely to be in the position to absorb from Naraku and be able to tear him apart from it.

Though on his own, he still doesn't have an answer for a barrier that requires throwing sword-waves of diamond into it to be broken...

I'd say Draw, unless you let both have access to their full power, at which point Alucard just stops giving a ****.

Fan
2012-08-30, 01:41 PM

I've read the hellsing manga, and him being unkillable was never a thing, if you bound his limbs in such a way (as with razor wire) you could even prevent his regeneration, at least temporarily.

And Mina was certainly capable of dying, and I believe Van Helsing just about killed him there in his coffin, but instead bound him to service.

Also Adamant Barrage has higher end destruction feats than anything Alucard has pulled out, even with the Harkonnen being taken into account he doesn't have enough fire power.

Ridiculous street level firepower that could probably level a building given time, but not a building buster like the Adamant Barrage, or a specific counter like the spirit jewel.

INoKnowNames
2012-08-31, 01:37 PM
I've read the hellsing manga, and him being unkillable was never a thing, if you bound his limbs in such a way (as with razor wire) you could even prevent his regeneration, at least temporarily.

I've actually been looking for the hellsing manga. Where was this?

And Mina was certainly capable of dying, and I believe Van Helsing just about killed him there in his coffin, but instead bound him to service.

The issue with this is that the Helsings combated him with all sorts of holy items, things Naraku wouldn't be able to touch without either corrupting it and making it useless, or destroying it. Even the Shikon Jewel he could only use after he's tainted it with malice and hatred, and once purified of it it acted as his weakness.

So I'm not actually sure if Naraku can hurt him, really.

Also Adamant Barrage has higher end destruction feats than anything Alucard has pulled out, even with the Harkonnen being taken into account he doesn't have enough fire power.

Ridiculous street level firepower that could probably level a building given time, but not a building buster like the Adamant Barrage, or a specific counter like the spirit jewel.

I completely agree. Alucard would need to use a hell of a lot of modern tech, if it's even possible for such things, to have a chance at doing enough damage to someone like Naraku, and that's assuming he could somehow bypass the Barrier, which has the same sort of defenses as Alucard himself.

Fan
2012-08-31, 01:44 PM
I've actually been looking for the hellsing manga. Where was this?

The issue with this is that the Helsings combated him with all sorts of holy items, things Naraku wouldn't be able to touch without either corrupting it and making it useless, or destroying it. Even the Shikon Jewel he could only use after he's tainted it with malice and hatred, and once purified of it it acted as his weakness.

So I'm not actually sure if Naraku can hurt him, really.

I completely agree. Alucard would need to use a hell of a lot of modern tech, if it's even possible for such things, to have a chance at doing enough damage to someone like Naraku, and that's assuming he could somehow bypass the Barrier, which has the same sort of defenses as Alucard himself.

Well, we can't assume that Holy items are the only thing that can hurt him, as that's a no limits fallacy with him having been torn apart by regular gun fire. Yes, he has been turned into a puddle of goo before, and decapitated, but assuming that it has no limits is well, as I said. Is a no limits fallacy.

It's a matter of Naraku having, as standard, a shield that can tank more damage than Alucard can deal out, tentacles / an absorbtion technique with which to take him / finish him off, and the poison mist to negate his mobility advantage he would have while the shield was up.

Callos_DeTerran
2012-08-31, 06:41 PM
Well, we can't assume that Holy items are the only thing that can hurt him, as that's a no limits fallacy with him having been torn apart by regular gun fire. Yes, he has been turned into a puddle of goo before, and decapitated, but assuming that it has no limits is well, as I said. Is a no limits fallacy.

It's a matter of Naraku having, as standard, a shield that can tank more damage than Alucard can deal out, tentacles / an absorbtion technique with which to take him / finish him off, and the poison mist to negate his mobility advantage he would have while the shield was up.

Actually, we can assume that since Integra gives a very firm list of what can kill a vampire (an actual one, not a chipped-vampire), the Iscariot crusade is mentioned to have had all of their armaments blessed before being dispatched, and you never really see anything but holy weaponry doing any lasting damage to Alucard. And if you do go by Integra's list above, then you have to remember that the Hellsing family has improved Alucard above and beyond a 'normal' vampire so the normal weaknesses don't apply to him. (FYI: The Alucard that Van Helsing defeated was the 'pre-upgrade' Alucard, so he's not a good benchmark of what it takes to beat Alucard) So holy and/or silver weaponry and somehow 'enchanted/magic' weaponry (Rip Van's bullet, Alahambra's cards) are the only things known to actually hurt Alucard. And the later two didn't leave any lasting wounds beyond Alucard noting 'it's taking a while to regenerate from these wounds' in reference to the Dandy's cards.

As for having a shield that Alucard can't penetrate...SR-71 plane going at mach speeds+Alucard's body enhancing the body=tons of damage. That's besides the point though, Alucard can phase through objects. We have no evidence that countradicts him simply being able to walk through the barrier like he would a wall...or at least I haven't seen any evidence. Does Inuyasha have any demons that can go incorperal/ghostly that were stopped by Naraku's barrier? If so, then I point out the airplane bit above or ask if the barrier is perfectly spherical. If not, then Alucard walks through the barrier. To counter-act the other points though...

-Tentacles: Alucard can do the same. He also has Baskerville, though I don't know how much use it'd be.
-Absorbtion: By the same token, Alucard can eat Naraku and turn him into a familiar.
-Poison Mist: Alucard's perfectly capable of fighting at range either with his guns (which are holy weapons) or with his shadows/familiars. And when I mean at range, I mean at range thanks to vampiric senses and the 'third eye'. As in, he's shooting from beyond the range his target can see him.

The barrier's a good point, but it's not impentrable and if this is a fight to the death (and between these two, it actually would be), then Alucard has all the time in the world to figure out how to get inside, like an octopus trying to get inside a locked box to get the fish inside. It might take him awhile and some serious resources, but he'll figure out a way to get inside to his prey so we're better off figuring if Naraku can actually fight him in the first place, which it seems he can. Effectively? Hmm...that's tougher. Able to kill Alucard? Well...Naraku might, but from everything I've seen from the series (never saw the end or read the manga), Naraku lacks the ability to kill Alucard since poison is a non-issue unless it's of the 'hollywood style poison is acidic' variety and in which case it needs a way to affect Alucard when he turns into living shadows, an ability I haven't noticed anyone in Inuyasha capable of performing.

Mikeavelli
2012-08-31, 08:08 PM
Naraku turns human once a month, during which time he loses all his powers. Alucard can and will string this thing out for a whole month if necessary, simply waiting for Naraku to lose his powers. If we accept the running-out-of-souls-actually-kills-Alucard theory:

At (looking through the link you gave), three million, four hundred and twenty-four thousand, eight hundred and sixty-seven, Naraku could kill off one soul per second for a whole month (30 days, 2,592,000 seconds) and still have a million souls left to go through.

On top of that, there's apparently some question over whether even that would actually kill Alucard permanently.

Gotta hand this one to Alucard.