PDA

View Full Version : [3.5/Pathfinder] My House Rules that Refine the D&D Expirience

Chainsaw Hobbit
2012-08-29, 06:25 PM
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Bhru9O181Vnt8fxgkgKZ7hBhwYAdZlixf2D-8VC_7Wg/edit#heading=h.50wzr2egm899

I have created a collection of houserules that turn the d20-system experience into something more streamlined and refined. They borrow not only from D&D Fourth and Fifth edition, but from games such as Dungeon Crawl Classics. The advancement changes are also heavily influenced by E6.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2012-09-17, 02:55 PM
I hate to do this, but I'm bumping the thread.

Kasbark
2012-09-18, 03:50 AM
A couple of thoughts / questions:

You've made quite a big change to critical hits, but haven't changed the actual weapons themselves. Have you considerd the impact this change has on weapons?

Why have you changed the AC of steel shields, but not wooden shields? This makes wooden shields inferior in every way. Why even have them in this case?

How does your group initiative interact with actions that change initiative? such as Ready and Delay?

Fitz10019
2012-09-19, 02:15 PM
If I understand correctly, a PCs hitpoints never go higher than whatever they are at 6th level. Do ability scores also plateau at 6th level?

Chainsaw Hobbit
2012-09-19, 02:19 PM
If I understand correctly, a PCs hitpoints never go higher than whatever they are at 6th level. Do ability scores also plateau at 6th level?

There are feats that raise ability scores, very slowly.

erikun
2012-09-19, 03:02 PM
Do extended rests restore HP, or must it be restored by expending Endurance points? You've mentioned that EP, ability damage, and daily abilities are restored with an extended rest, but not HP.

What happens if a character rolls a natural 20 against an opponent that they wouldn't hit with 20 + their attack modifier? Does it critical anyways, or not? The phrasing seems to imply not, but doesn't specify.

Is there a point to wearking heavy armor for anyone with 14 Dex or above? Is there a point of wooden shields?

Expanded Caster Stamina seems to have copy-pasted the benefit and special from Expanded Spell Knowledge.