PDA

View Full Version : I Will Homebrew For Most Systems (Including Obscure Ones)

Chainsaw Hobbit
2012-08-31, 07:18 PM
I will make homebrew content on request for most roleplaying systems out there. If I don't already know it, I can probably learn it. Just ask me. I will build it.

Systems I already know and will make stuff for:

Basic Fantasy.
BRP.
Dungeon Crawl Classics.
Grimm.
GURPS (I'm somewhat new to this one).
Labyrinth Lord.
Mouseguard.
Risus.
Savage Worlds.
Swords & Wizardry.
True20 (I'm somewhat new to this system as well).
New World of Darkness.

Systems I would rather NOT make homebrew for:

D&D 3.x (you can go elsewhere for that).
FATAL.
D&D 4e.
Hero System (unless I get a REALLY cool request).
Palladium (see above).

Amechra
2012-08-31, 07:38 PM
Make me some Seventh Sea homebrew. Anything will do.

Barring that, some Magical Burst or Mecha RPG 'brewin' wouldn't be amiss.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2012-08-31, 07:45 PM
Make me some Seventh Sea homebrew. Anything will do.

Barring that, some Magical Burst or Mecha RPG 'brewin' wouldn't be amiss.

I don't know Seventh Sea yet, but I would be more than happy to learn. Before I start, please tell me what makes the system great, so I know what aspects to emphasize.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2012-08-31, 08:01 PM
UPDATE:

Seventh Sea is awesome. I can't wait to make stuff for it. Probably monsters, NPCs, items, and spells.

industrious
2012-08-31, 08:09 PM
How about a new adept School for Unknown Armies?

Let's base it off of...roleplaying.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2012-08-31, 08:13 PM
Do you want me to work with original Seventh Sea, or the d20 version?

How about a new adept School for Unknown Armies?

Let's base it off of...roleplaying.

I will look into Unknown Armies once I am familiar with Seventh Sea.

Amechra
2012-08-31, 09:37 PM
Stay away from the dreck that is the d20 version; go with the cool dice pool version.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2012-08-31, 10:27 PM
Stay away from the dreck that is the d20 version; go with the cool dice pool version.

Okay. I'm still learning the dice pool system. It looks pretty damn cool. I'll probably run a game for my friends.

I would like to get to know the system a bit better before I make content for it, just to make sure that said content is awesome. Maybe I'll make something for a system I do know in the mean time.

Seerow
2012-08-31, 10:40 PM
This would probably be easier if you provided a list of systems you do already know that you are willing to provide homebrew for.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2012-08-31, 10:43 PM
This would probably be easier if you provided a list of systems you do already know that you are willing to provide homebrew for.

I shall edit one into the original post!

Morph Bark
2012-09-01, 03:49 AM

Learn both.

Then figure out a way to implement dice pool stuff and other great original Seventh Sea tricks into other d20 products.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2012-09-01, 11:16 AM
Learn both.

Then figure out a way to implement dice pool stuff and other great original Seventh Sea tricks into other d20 products.

Sounds like a solid enough idea. I personally have no love for d20, but if that would mean bringing Seventh Sea to a wider audience, than I'm in.

Amechra
2012-09-01, 12:18 PM
I found out about it on the FATAL and Friends thread over on Something Awful; if you want to know anything about the flavor, the guy who did the write up was VERY comprehensive.

Here (http://tradwiki.foxxtrot.net/index.php/FATAL_%26_Friends:_0-A) are just his posts in that thread on Seventh Sea. Yes, it is those 130+ posts near the top. And all of them are long.

Also in that thread, if I can find it again, is a mechanical rewrite of the die-pool system, that fixes some of the issues with the system (like the fact that you have chargen points AND XP, and that Panache is normally the god stat; also, it fixes the regrettable fact that normally, you will almost always save Drama Dice up for when you get XP, since they turn into XP)

If I can't find it, I will upload it, with credit to the original author, and link it here.

Inglenook
2012-09-01, 07:07 PM
How about … an interesting, sapient, non-humanoid racial template for GURPS?