PDA

View Full Version : For Gold & Glory IC

Lateral
2012-09-04, 08:23 AM
OOC thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13834841#post13834841)

{table=head]Player | Character | Race | Class | Speech Colour
Lix Lorn | Vivian (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=439927) | Lesser Cryophoenix (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13761574#post13761574) | RHD 3/LA 3/Wilder 2//Radiant 8 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=249172) | Navy
Jeff the Green | Atalanteia (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=438607) | Dryad | Dryad 3 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8131810&postcount=243)/Cloistered Cleric 2/Holt Warden 2//Barbarian 1/Fighter 2/Ranger 1/Swordsage 1/Warblade 1/Witch Hunter 1| Dark Green
Postmodernist | Ek'ann Xar'cha (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=440611) | Vulkoor-Touched Drow | LA 1/Paladin of Tyranny 4/Crusader 1/Ruby Knight Vindicator 2//Binder 8 | Dark Red
Gnomish Wanderer | Arapim (http://www.coyotecode.net/profiler/view.php?id=14284) | Zenthyri | Scout 8//LA 1/Swordsage 7 | Purple
[/table]

As you all walk into the clearing surrounding the complex, you see an enormous statue kneeling on the stone deck. The statue, upon a cursory examination, is carved in the likeness of a storm giant wearing an ornate suit of armour (although much, much larger) and wields an enormous magical shield and stone maul. Aside from these, the only thing you can see that is not attached to the rest of the body is its enormous hematite belt. The complex is a simple dome, carved out of stone brick; the doors appear to once have been beautifully decorated, but have worn and been looted over the past millenia.

http://i1254.photobucket.com/albums/hh606/LateralFire/Map%20Uploads-%20For%20Gold%20and%20Glory/f1a17669.png

When you move, just tell me how many up/down, how many left/right, and whether you're going in a straight line or by any specific route.

Jeff the Green
2012-09-04, 06:47 PM
'Teia does not so much walk as stride into the clearing. She has an easy foot of height on her companions and even from the rear of their marching formation she can see the gargantuan statue in its entirety. The vista does not please her.

"A statue. This is encouraging," she says, her words laced with sarcasm. She purses her lips, strong bark-skinned arms akimbo. "Why is it I have the feeling that statue is going to be using that club on us in a few moments?"

She stretches her arms skyward and arches her back, then reaches for her bow and knocks an arrow to its plaited flax string. "Right then, let's get started. Ek'ann, I'm guessing you'll want to go first."

Lix Lorn
2012-09-04, 08:05 PM
Vivian sighs, flapping her wings and taking flight.
"Because you're not an idiot?" she suggests dryly.

How tall is this thing? Cause I'm flying that far, directly up. xD

Lateral
2012-09-04, 09:00 PM
The statue quickly stands up. "CHALLENGE ACCEPTED. COMBAT WILL COMMENCE."

How tall is this thing? Cause I'm flying that far, directly up. xD

'Bout 20 feet.

You guys win initiative, easily. Take your turns.

Jeff the Green
2012-09-04, 09:40 PM
"Challenge accepted? What does this thing think it is, a gladiator?" 'Teia blows an errant leaf out of her face and draws her bowstring back to her ear. She sights down the shaft and concentrates for a moment until the shaft begins to glow slightly. Then she releases it, along with two of its twins, in quick succession.

I assume that Arapim is moving out of my firing line. Otherwise, 5-foot step north.

Swift: Initiate burning blade (+1d6+4 fire damage per hit)
Full-round: Initiate flashing sun (additional attack at full BAB, -2 to attack)

First attack (Raptor Arrow):

To-hit: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] (normal damage + KD) + [roll2] (fire) + [roll3] (bane) + 6 (stance) = 24 piercing, 5 fire
Second attack:

To-hit: [roll4] (+2 if previous shot missed)
Damage: [roll5] (normal damage + KD) + [roll6] (fire) + 3 (stance) = 13 piercing, 8 fire
Extra attack:

To-hit: [roll7] (+2 if previous shot missed)
Damage: [roll8] (normal damage + KD) + [roll9] (fire) + 4 (stance) = 13 piercing, 7 fire

Lix Lorn
2012-09-04, 11:21 PM
"REALLY now..." mutters Vivian, swooping for the statue, and then taking a corkscrew high into the air, flaring her wings to float above it, before producing a corona of silver frost that shot down for the statue.

I move to the statue, and then as high above it as I can get (maximum 30ft above it.) Movespeed is 80ft. If I can't do this in one move action, I spend a second.

Attack is my Frost blast enhanced by Radiance. Point Blank Shot should apply.
[roll0]
[roll1] cold
[roll2] half fire, half light based untyped.

It also applies Celestial Judgment, so another 11 damage is added to the next damaging attack to hit it before my next round.

I didn't realise how scary those two abilities would get when I gestalted them together. I'm sorry. D=

Postmodernist
2012-09-05, 04:24 PM
Ek'ann glowers at the gargantuan monstrosity. At least it's slow, he thought to himself. He closed his eyes for a moment, and luminous dragonfly wings sprouted from his back and carried him aloft. His wicked looking glaive materialized in his hand with a sudden shimmer. He didn't even glance in the direction of his companions as he spoke, "Stay behind me," before he took off like a shot toward the statue.

Swift action: Animal devotion for Overland flight, with bonuses for 45' movement, average maneuverability for 1 min. Charge with an Andras smite, full power attack. Employ Awesome Smite to bypass 10 points of DR, weapon is also adamantine and ignores hardness.

Total: 14 base+ 5 smite + 2 charge -7 full PA = [roll0] for [roll1] (Damage bonuses =10 EBL from Smite, 14 PA, 10 standard)

Gnomish Wanderer
2012-09-05, 11:45 PM
Arapim stood perfectly still for a moment, kukri steady in her hand. Her lips parted, merely murmuring, "Guys, it's a stone giant. It's guarding the temple." As her teammates took the skies and attack the stone monstrosity, she tensed up and charged, rushing forward at the statue. [7 squares east, 1 square northeast] As she reached the stone statue she jumped into the air, practically soaring above the statue for a moment. Her kukri flashed out in a mighty swing as she flew past the statue.With the swift action, I'll make sure that Child of Shadow is the active stance, and she's using her standard action to use Death from Above

Jump: [roll0]
Attack: [roll1] vs. Flat-Footed
Damage: [roll2]
After she cleaved into the statue Arapim kept her momentum through the air, landing 20 ft. away [3 squares east, 1 square southeast], looking back at the impressive guardian from behind.

Lateral
2012-09-06, 04:26 PM
The giant statue brings its massive shield to bear and, with an enormous sweeping blow, smashes it directly into Atalanteia's first arrow. The other arrows slam deep into the statue's shoulder and waist, deeply cracking both places. Ek'ann's charge follows soon after, striking the statue square in the forehead and creating a sizable crater. As Arapim runs towards the statue, though, it makes a wild swing with its maul- and sends Arapim flying into Atalanteia, knocking both of them over.

The statue then smashes Ek'ann in the face with his maul twice, knocking him into the ground.

Arapim takes 24 damage. Ek'ann takes 47. Arapim and Atalanteia are both prone. You guys are more powerful in combat than I thought, and I will take that into account in the future.

Updated map:
http://i1254.photobucket.com/albums/hh606/LateralFire/Map%20Uploads-%20For%20Gold%20and%20Glory/6903ffd4.png

Jeff the Green
2012-09-06, 05:10 PM
'Teia collapses with Arapim on top of her, but rolls out from under her and stands up. By this point the arrow that the statue buffeted away has returned to her bow, and she releases it at the divot torn out by Ek'ann's glaive.

Move action to stand, 5-foot step NW
Standard action to initiate Emerald Razor (touch attack):

To-hit: [roll0] :smallannoyed: Really?
Damage: [roll1] + [roll2]

Lix Lorn
2012-09-06, 05:12 PM
Vivian takes a deep breath as she gets into position, a corona of moonlight forming, before a trio of blasts launch, heading for the head below her.

Hooray for rapid shot!
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]

@_@
I think I'mma gonna go edit the phoenix flames to be slightly weaker, which is reflected in above rolls.

Postmodernist
2012-09-06, 06:38 PM
Ek'ann stands, astounded that the creature had knocked him so effortlessly from the sky. He then musters his resolve and channel's Vulkor's fury through his glaive, striking the creature.

Stand. [roll0] for [roll1] damage. Activate Sudden Stunning property of my +1 adamantine glaive. If the attack hits, the statue must make a DC 19 Reflex save or be stunned for [roll2] rounds. Also, as he's in the Iron Guard's Glare stance, the statue is at -4 to attack anyone except Ek'ann.

Gnomish Wanderer
2012-09-06, 07:09 PM
Arapim gritted her teeth and rose to her feet, glancing as Teia rolled to her feet and mouthed a quick 'Sorry.' She shook her head, tasting blood from the monster's strike and readying for another charge. "He hits hard."

Arapim moved forward a bit, readying her blade and taking a breath as she looked over the battlefield, plotting her next move. [Just 3 squares east and 1 square southeast]

Lateral
2012-09-07, 03:18 PM
'Teia is the first to recover; unfortunately, her shot is a bit off, and she misses the statue's head entirely. Vivian's shots all strike true, however- they slam into the statue's shoulders and the crown of its head, creating massive cracks and pits.

As Arapim begins to approach, Ek'ann makes his move. The statue, however, makes a preemptive strike; it makes heavy contact, knocking Ek'ann right into Arapim and knocking both of them over in a heap.

You all hear loud creaking noises, as the statue begins to move its legs; in a single stride, it moves several feet. It then swivels its head around and upwards, looking directly at Vivian; its enormous mouth slides open, and a massive blast of air blasts her away from it.

"TRESPASSER #2 DISABLED. ELIMINATING TRESPASSER #3." It then winds up and delivers a massive blow that hammers into Ek'ann with the force of a rockslide, knocking him straight into 'Teia and leaving him in a bloody heap.

Ek'ann is prone. Arapim is prone. Atalanteia is prone. EVERYONE IS PRONE! MUHAHAHAHAAA!!!~

Anyway. Vivian is knocked back [roll0]x10 feet diagonally north and up (that's 36 feet north and 54 feet up- we'll just say 7 squares north, and your elevation is now 21 squares total) and takes [roll1] nonlethal damage.

Ek'ann takes 62 damage, which (I believe) puts you at -3 HP. I might be wrong- you've been keeping track of your own stuff, so I'm not entirely sure. In any case, you're also nauseated. And dying, unless I'm wrong. Sorry. =\ )

New map:
http://i1254.photobucket.com/albums/hh606/LateralFire/Map%20Uploads-%20For%20Gold%20and%20Glory/073b302a.png

Jeff the Green
2012-09-07, 03:43 PM
"Seriously?" screeches 'Teia, this time from under Ek'ann. "Seriously?"

She touches the drow on the chest, forcing a small amount of healing energy into his faltering heart. She then stands and steps back again, her skin changing color ever so slightly to blend with the foliage around her.

"I hate to be the voice of reason," she calls to her fellows, "but now might be a good time to head back into the forest and reassess our strategy. I.e., reconsider whether attacking a statue of a freaking giant is a good idea!"

Standard to cast CLW on Ek'ann: [roll0]
Swift to activate Child of Shadows stance.
Move to stand 5' west of the square 'Teia and Ek'ann share.
5' step west, giving concealment.

Lix Lorn
2012-09-07, 04:00 PM
Vivian scowls, flapping several times to regain balance, and considers an alternative plan. She whispers a few words to herself, an aura of moonlight forming, and her eyes glow silver-blue.

"Guardian! Step aside, for we have the right and authority to enter this place. Step aside and let us enter." she calls out, her voice laced with divine authority.

Why not try bluffing? Standard action to use Divine Truth, and then I'mma gonna bluff. Can I do that? If I can't do it this round, then I guess I'll wait til my next chance.

[roll0]

Jeff the Green
2012-09-07, 04:57 PM
'Teia groans inwardly at Vivian's decision to talk to the statue rather than do something productive, like run away. Still, less likely stratagems Had worked for her when she was commanding her company in the Last War. She decides to add her not inconsiderable charm to the phoenix-woman's attempt. "The bird-woman is correct, guardian," she calls to the statue. "We have been sent by your masters to inspect the passive defenses of this place, and cannot do so with you attacking us."

Aid another bluff, with +9 that's an automatic success. In case you want to use the rule in CA that beating the DC 10 by 10 gives you an additional +2: [roll0]

Lateral
2012-09-07, 07:18 PM
The statue turns towards 'Teia. "MY MASTERS ARE ALL DEAD. THEIR DESCENDANTS HAVE REGRESSED INTO A PRIMITIVE STATE. I AM NOT A FOOL, KTHAR DREYU."

Jeff the Green
2012-09-08, 12:53 AM
'Teia's face barely registers her chagrin before she carries on glibly. "If you know that, why do you still attack those whom would enter? Surely you can't feel loyalty to those who have departed to Dolurrh or to troglodytic barbarians?"

Since we're using Persuasion rather than Diplomacy I won't roll until we try to hammer out an agreement. Besides, even with my Charisma it should probably be Vivian that makes the roll and I'll just AA.

Lateral
2012-09-08, 11:17 AM
"CHILD, LET ME TELL YOU A STORY."

"THIS COMPLEX WAS BUILT ABOUT 50,000 YEARS AGO. IT WAS ESTABLISHED AS A RESEARCH CENTER, FOR EXPERIMENTS BOTH MAGICAL AND SCIENTIFIC. ORIGINALLY, ITS INTENTIONS WERE MOSTLY PEACEFUL; HOWEVER, AFTER 9,000 YEARS OF CONTINUOUS OPERATION, THE QUORI WAR BROKE OUT AND MY MASTERS BEGAN TURNED THIS PLACE INTO A WEAPON."

"IN THE PROCESS OF EXPANDING THE COMPLEX INTO A MAGICAL WEAPONS RESEARCH FACILITY, MY MASTERS DUG SO DEEP THAT THEY PUNCHED A HOLE INTO THE KHYBER. THERE, THEY FOUND A MASSIVE NIGHTSHARD- ABOUT THE SIZE OF A GIANT, THE LARGEST EVER DISCOVERED. USING THIS ARTIFACT, THEY ATTEMPTED TO BIND THE ESSENCE OF THE TWELVE PLANES THEMSELVES TO A GREAT WEAPON, HOPING TO EJECT DAL QUOR- THIS LATTER HAVING BEEN EXCLUDED- FROM THE ASTRAL SEA ENTIRELY."

"WHEN THE WEAPON WAS TESTED, HOWEVER, THE BOUND MAGIC PROVED TO BE TOO MUCH. IT EXPLODED, AND THE PLANAR ENERGIES COLLAPSED, BINDING ALL THE PLANES INTO MANIFESTATION AT ONCE. MY MASTERS KNEW THAT, IF SOMETHING WERE NOT DONE QUICKLY, ALL OF THE PLANES WOULD BE PULLED THROUGH THE HOLE INTO THE PRIME; USING THE THOUSANDS OF FRAGMENTS FROM THEIR GREAT CRYSTAL, THEIR OWN LIVES, AND THE POWER OF THE HOLE ITSELF, RIPPED THE ENTIRE INTERIOR OF THE COMPLEX FROM THE MATERIAL PLANE AND SET IT IN CONSTANT MOTION BETWEEN THE PRIME AND EACH OF THE TWELVE. IF THIS PRECISE BALANCE WERE TO BE DISRUPTED, EITHER FROM DIRECT INTERFERENCE OR BY A SUDDEN CHANGE IN PLANAR MOTION, IT WOULD BEGIN A CATASTROPHIC CHAIN REACTION THAT WOULD, OVER THE COURSE OF SEVERAL MILLENNIA, RELEASE THE HOLE AND CONSUME THE WORLD."

"I KNOW OF NO WAY FOR THE LATTER TO HAPPEN, NOW THAT THE MAGIC OF THE GIANTS HAS BEEN LOST, BUT THE FORMER COULD STILL HAPPEN IF AN EXPLORER WERE TO ENTER THROUGH THE PRIME INTO THE COMPLEX AND ACCIDENTALLY CAUSE ITS ALIGNMENT TO SHIFT. THEREFORE, FOR THE SAKE OF THE WORLD ITSELF, I AM BOUND TO PROTECT THIS PLACE AT ALL COSTS."

exposition duuuuuump

Postmodernist
2012-09-08, 06:31 PM
"Champion," Ek'ann yells, "Our causes are the same. My people once served your masters, and we stand against our common foe. The Quori and their Inspired pawns again threaten the world, seeking to return us to an age of darkness and nightmare. Moreover, monsters from within Khyber itself seek weaponry with which to conquer the world above them. We seek only to enter this temple and deactivate the weaponry, so that neither may threaten Eberron again. Stand aside, or aid us if you will, but we shall not be swayed from our task."

Ek'ann is pretty much telling the truth, since this is his in-character mission. If you want a diplomacy roll or the like, let me know.

Lateral
2012-09-08, 07:12 PM
"THE QUORI HAVE RETURNED?! DAL QUOR WAS PLACED IN PERPETUAL APHELION OVER FORTY THOUSAND YEARS AGO. IF THEY HAVE RETURNED..."

"...YOU MAY BE CORRECT. THEY CANNOT BE ALLOWED ACCESS TO THE RIFT. HOWEVER, IF I WERE TO ALLOW YOU TO ENTER, THERE'S A RISK THAT YOU WOULD ACCIDENTALLY REOPEN IT."

The statue sits, pondering for a few moments.

"THIS IS DISTURBING NEWS. SINCE THE FALL OF THE GIANTS, I HAVE HAD NO INFORMATION OF ANY EVENTS OCCURRING ANYWHERE OUTSIDE OF THIS GROTTO."

"I WILL MAKE YOU A DEAL, YOUNG ONES. TELL ME THE TALE OF THE LAST FORTY THOUSAND YEARS.THE RISE AND FALL OF EMPIRES, THE ASCENDANCE OF THE URKA HASEN, AND THE GREAT CATASTROPHIES OF THE WORLD."

"THEN I WILL THINK UPON YOUR WORDS, AND DECIDE WHETHER TO LET YOU PASS. THAT IS MY BARGAIN."

Jeff the Green
2012-09-09, 06:49 PM
'Teia allows her eyes to roll up for a moment as she tries to remember. Granted, she'd lived through more of history than most, but it wasn't like she'd payed much attention. She starts with the goblins and gatekeepers, with a smattering of what she remembers about the reclusive elves of Aerenal. The Daelkyr and their binding in Khyber. Then to the founding of the dragonmarked houses and the nations of Khorvaire. Once she reaches the Last War she starts to add more details; she fought in it, after all. Not entirely sure what the construct's opinion of the warforged would be, she avoids her participation in d'Cannith's experiments. She ends with the Day of Mourning and has to pause a minute to collect herself as memories of comrades and friends arise unbidden.

"There," she finishes. "The urka hasen have learned to fight off great evil since the giants have fallen. You should trust us to know how to use whatever is in this complex to fend of the Quori; we four here are among the best of our kind."

Lateral
2012-09-09, 07:20 PM
The statue listens closely, then responds

"HMM. IF, AS YOU SAY, THESE GATEKEEPERS HAVE DISTORTED XORIAT'S ORBIT, THEN THE BINDING IS ALREADY COMING APART."

"...THE HOLE MUST BE DESTROYED, PERMANENTLY, AND I CANNOT FIT THROUGH THE COMPLEX HALLS. PASS, NOBLE ADVENTURERS; FOR THE SAKE OF THE WORLD, I HOPE THAT YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING." With that, the statue steps aside and allows you to enter.

Postmodernist
2012-09-09, 07:31 PM
Ek'ann looks at Atalanteia as the giant statue allows them to pass. "Why didn't we try that first? It'd have saved me the colossal headache I now have. By the way, I wouldn't mind recovering a bit once we're inside. We should establish some sort of plan. If this place is anything like I suspect, that enormous, hard-hitting bastard outside won't be the last of the dangers." He glances at the enormous stone creature standing sentinel, guarding this uninhabited stretch of jungle for forty thousand years. He feels strangely indebted. "Our thanks, mighty guardian. We will honor your centuries of service." The drow hoped that he and his companions did indeed succeed. The stakes were nothing less than Eberron itself, it seemed.

Jeff the Green
2012-09-09, 07:57 PM
"Because it thought me nocking an arrow was a challenge rather than, you know, being prepared to be whacked. We'll get you and Arapim patched up soon enough, don't worry."

'Teia motions to the spare belts in Arapim's pack. "With your permission, perhaps Ek'ann and Vivian might wear your spares so they can use them in battle if need be."

I'll roll Healing Belt charges here for time's sake. Ek'ann first, stopping when he's within 9 HP of full, then Arapim, stopping when she's within 9 HP of full.
[roll0] Ek'ann => 22
[roll1] Ek'ann => 31
[roll2] Ek'ann => 37
[roll3] Ek'ann => 40
[roll4] Ek'ann => 48
[roll5] Ek'ann => 62
[roll6] Ek'ann => 74
[roll7] Ek'ann => 78
[roll8] Ek'ann => 87

So, Ek'ann needs 19 more healing = 1 charge from lesser vigor wand and 8 HP down, and Arapim needs 24 = 2 charges from wand and 2 HP down.

I think we're going to need to recharge the wand and/or make more soon. I think we'll probably take more than 81 damage in a day.

Gnomish Wanderer
2012-09-09, 11:16 PM
Arapim sighed as the giant moved to let them pass, disgruntled she hadn't goten a strike off on the fearsome guardian. She froze for a moment, quickly taking some practiced steps like she was doing a short dance, controlled footfalls meeting with the flash of her blade as she sheathed the weapon.

When 'Teia mentioned the belt Arapim just nodded silently for an instant before pulling the two belts free from her pack, holding them out awkwardly before her. "For when they will look set to kill themselves, I suppose."

Arapim activated her own belt, approaching the formally-bejewelled door. She knelt next to the stone structure, gingerly feeling the weight of the stone with a focused intent. From her pack, too, she pulled several sounding hammers and a level, muttering to herself, "Must be thorough."
Belt of Healing: [roll0]
Search for Traps: [roll1]

*I* don't think it's trapped, but apparently this is part of Arapim's neuroses. Also posting this from my phone, so I apologize for any errors

Lateral
2012-09-09, 11:19 PM
You find nothing. However, and this is a reminder to you guys (your characters would probably be keeping it in mind), you know that oozes have colonized the next room.

And, in case you guys don't see it in the OOC, all of you have earned 2400 XP. There will be treasure when there is treasure.

Jeff the Green
2012-09-10, 05:11 AM
As 'Teia waits for Arapim to finish her examination of the door, she pulls out two arrows from her bag, each as long as her forearm. She places them in her quiver to replace the two that ripped into the statue and shoulders her bow.

"Next is jellies, yeah?" she asks. "Slow moving, can't fly? Hell, why not just let Vivian take care of them?" She's joking of course, but only barely; she and Art have run into enough oozes to know that there were some she is ill equipped to handle.

The dryad pulls a small wooden disc out of her waist-pouch, inscribed on one side with a stylized eagle and on the other with a leaf. She places it in the palm of her hand and focuses for a moment. It bursts into flame and she blows gently on the smoke; it rises and drifts gently over each of her companions.

She stretches a bit and waits for someone to open the door. She's the one with the bow and spells, after all; she's not going first.

Casting sign; +4 to next initiative check within 70 minutes.

Lix Lorn
2012-09-10, 08:36 AM
Vivian breathes a sigh of relief as she flits after them.
"So, about the end of the world thing... maybe we should be somewhere else. Like, anywhere else. Especially, perhaps, not here?" she says.

What do you mean, 'chicken'? Well, if it flies like a chicken, lays occasional eggs like a chicken, and has a yellow streak like a chicken...

Jeff the Green
2012-09-10, 09:10 AM
"I've never payed much attention to religious texts, but doesn't the end of the world kind of not care where you are at the time?" 'Teia smirks. "Relax. Either the statue is lying—or was lied to, for whatever reason—and there's no problem, or it's right, and we're better off destroying the world than letting either the Quori or the Daelkyr get the weapon inside." The normally bubbly dryad's face grows bleak. "Believe me. I've met Inspired before. I gather Ek'ann has too."

Lix Lorn
2012-09-10, 11:43 AM
"I highly doubt that." she scowls. "If the alternative is the end of the world, they can have the damn thing."

Lateral
2012-09-10, 01:50 PM
"IF I MAY INTERJECT?"

"IT'S NOT A CHOICE BETWEEN SUBJUGATION AND ANNIHILATION. IF THE QUORI GET AHOLD OF WHAT IS IN THERE, THEY WILL EITHER UNBIND IT ACCIDENTALLY OR, WORSE, BE ABLE TO CONTROL IT- DAL QUOR IS NOT BOUND, SO THEY COULD USE IT TO RESHAPE REALITY ACCORDING TO THEIR WHIMS WITH NO RISK TO THEIR OWN HOME. IT'S A CHOICE BETWEEN POSSIBLE ANNIHILATION AND GUARANTEED ANNIHILATION- OR WORSE."

Postmodernist
2012-09-11, 09:45 PM
"I'll take possible annihilation over guaranteed annihilation any day. Shall we proceed? One of you should keep watch of traps and the like. My purview tends more toward pointing the sharp end of this thing at those that might want to hit you." Gesturing forward with his glaive, Ek'ann opens the massive stone doors and proceeds inside, his darkvision adjusting to the change in light.

Lix Lorn
2012-09-12, 08:40 AM
"I'd rather avoid annihilation altogether..." she groans, following her, floating several feet above the ground.

Gnomish Wanderer
2012-09-12, 12:52 PM
"Traps is what I do." Arapim replied curtly. One hand absently gripped at the other as she followed the two into the dungeon. "Let's go try not to destroy the cosmos."Juuuust in case
Spot: [roll0]

Lateral
2012-09-12, 05:22 PM
As you all step into the first room, your eyes shift to the dim light. Near you are two ooze monsters; they are mostly inky black, in a constantly shifting threaded pattern, with brilliant colours peeking out from gaps between the twisting threads. There's also a third ooze lurking in one of the back corners; this one has symbols all over its surface, and when you come in the symbols start spinning. You see that the room is covered in scorch marks, corroded surfaces, and shattered skeletons. There is a whole pile of treasure in a net in a top corner of the room, and a large spiral staircase going down in the center.
------------
Roll initiative, people. Room's magically lit, don't worry about darkness right now.

Map:
http://i1254.photobucket.com/albums/hh606/LateralFire/Map%20Uploads-%20For%20Gold%20and%20Glory/088530c8.png

The staircase doesn't block line of sight or effect, since it's going down.

Jeff the Green
2012-09-12, 09:55 PM
"Guys?" 'Teia murmurs. "Don't let the little ones touch you. They're living spells, and if I'm right, particularly nasty ones. Like 'paralyze and then kill you with fire' nasty. The bigger one will try to summon things, though, so it definitely belongs higher on our 'to kill' list."

She glances about the room, trying to visualize arrow trajectories. "Let me and Vivian take them on. If you can get to the big one and keep it from summoning we'll hit the others hard and fast."

The dryad whispers a short incantation and dashes to her left. By the time she reaches the wall, the incantation has taken effect: two strong tree limbs have sprouted from her back. She leaps onto the wall, using her legs and the two branches to cling to it while she draws her bow and nocks an arrow to the string. She breathes shallowly, and a tiny globe of magical energy surrounds the arrow head. The bowstring twangs and the arrow travels straight toward the closest of the living spells.

Swift action: DMM quickened girallon's blessing.
Move action: Move north two spaces, then climb north-up one space and up two more, for a total of 15' north, 15' up. Take 10 on Climb gives me 30, and -5 for accelerated still lets me beat the DC of 25.
Free action: draw bow and raptor arrow.
Standard action: Initiate Phantom Arrow on 1.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] plus [roll2] (bane and Punishing Stance) plus [roll3] (force)

Gnomish Wanderer
2012-09-12, 11:46 PM
"No touching, got it."

Arapim gritted her teeth and charged behind 'Teia, brandishing her blade in a flourish as she approached the nearest blob. Her blade skirted low to her left before flashing out at the ooze to a high left. She roared as she swung, her blade like fire for a moment, glowing white hot.

With the strike Arapim flipped up onto her open hand, somersaulting away from the blob. Her feet were back on the ground and charging again in an instant, the blade lowering to a faint red as she locked eyes with the bigger blob in the corner.Movement: 2 NE, Tumble 1 NW, 1 N, 4 NEhttp://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh260/gnome_4ever/itsthemap-1.png
No whammies, no whammies...
Tumble: [roll0]
Edit: Damn, it gets an Attack of Opportunity vs. AC32[Using Zephyr's Dance if between 29-32] and 20% Miss Chance.
Using Death Mark
Attack: [roll1]
Damage: Melee [Slashing]: [roll2] + Fire [Reflex DC18 for Half]: [roll3]

Postmodernist
2012-09-15, 02:39 PM
"Don't let me get knocked unconscious again. I'd hate to miss anything. You say that big one is a summoner? I'll keep it tied up." Once again, luminous insectoid wings materialize from Ek'ann's back, and the glaive flashes in his hand. He rises through the air to charge the largest of the three slimes in the room.

Spend 3 turn attempts to reactivate the wings (unless the conversation with the giant was brief enough that he still has them), charge the summoning slime while rising high enough to gain higher ground. Smite with Andras smite ability. Still in Iron Guard's Glare stance. PA for full, Awesome Smite to bypass 10 points of DR, also adamantine weapon. (+14 base, +5 smite, +2 charge, +1 higher ground, -7 PA) Movement is effectively 6 squares up, 13 east.

[roll0] for [roll1]

Lix Lorn
2012-09-17, 08:24 AM
"I still say we should just leave..." mutters Vivian. Regardless, she moves into the air, and a little towards the larger slime, and takes a deep breath before pulsing frosty moonlight at the creature.

Radiant frost yay
[roll0]+1 if Point Blank
[roll1]+1 if point blank.

Please don't say the thing is weak to light, cause that could make this complicated DXD

Lateral
2012-09-18, 02:40 PM
'Teia's arrow hits the living spell just as Arapim reaches it, and her flaming follow-up strike reduces it to caustic goo. Meanwhile, the whirring symbols on the larger ooze are interrupted by Ek'ann's devastating charge and Vivian's chilling moon bolts; its symbols break, but quickly reform and begin whirring again.

Map:
http://i1254.photobucket.com/albums/hh606/LateralFire/Map%20Uploads-%20For%20Gold%20and%20Glory/2c275600.png
Sorry, I couldn't get it shrunk because Photobucket doesn't like my computer. I'll shrink the next one in GIMP.

Jeff the Green
2012-09-18, 07:44 PM
"Yes!" 'Teia shouts. "Hey, Vivian! Bet you a platinum piece I can drop the other one before anyone else gets a shot in."

She hauls herself up the wall a few more feet as she sights down the arrow at the remaining living spell. The head of the arrow again bursts into flame, and she releases it, followed by two others in quick succession.

Lix, I think you should decide to take or refuse the bet before you see this. :smalltongue:
5' step up; now 20' off ground.
Swift action to initiate Burning Blade (1d6+4 fire damage)
Full round action to initiate Flashing Sun, attacking 2 (if it falls, remaining arrows to 3)

Damage: [roll1] (normal damage + KD) + [roll2] (fire) + [roll3] (bane and stance) = 20 piercing, 6 fire
Second attack:

To-hit: [roll4] (+2 if previous shot missed)
Damage: [roll5] (normal damage + KD) + [roll6] (fire) + [roll7] (stance) = 21 piercing, 9 fire
Extra attack:

To-hit: [roll8] (+2 if previous shot missed)
Damage: [roll9] (normal damage + KD) + [roll10] (fire) + [roll11] (stance) = 10 piercing, 7 fire

Postmodernist
2012-09-22, 03:46 PM
Ek'ann's magical wings flapped vigorously, carrying him backwards and then forward again, maintaining sufficient momentum to keep him aloft. The glaive spun in his hands, though the stylistic effect was undoubtedly wasted on the mindless ooze. Still, he struck outward in an overhand stance, hoping to draw the creature out and expose it to his comrades' incoming assault. Additionally, his positioning gave him superior reach, hemming the creature in should it seek to move either away from him or toward his allies.

Move back and forth 20' to keep airborne. Use Vanguard Strike with power attack for 5. [roll0] for [roll1] adamantine slashing damage. Swift action to shift into Thicket of Blades stance.

Lix Lorn
2012-09-24, 04:57 PM
Vivian swoops closer, alighting to a spot above the ooze, before blasting power down to it.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Lateral
2012-09-26, 05:38 PM
Arapim runs at the summoning ooze, gracefully leaping through the air, then using that momentum to flip and slash the ooze from underneath.

Using Death From Above and Sudden Leap. Move three right one down, then Sudden Leap two right one down, then finish the move four right, then use Death from Above (from below, I suppose). If the Jump check succeeds, land another three right one down.

Jump: [roll0]
Attack: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2] + [roll3]

Lateral
2012-09-26, 09:10 PM
The arrows blow the living spell into squishy chunks.

Meanwhile, Vivian's, Ek'ann's, and Arapim's attacks all strike true; however, none of them are able to prevent the ooze's summoning. It produces the following:

One small, humanoid creature, right next to the ooze. It looks like a small person, made of fire and rock. It appears for only a brief second; it starts to cast something, but Ek'ann stabs it in the face with his armor spikes and it dies.
Two giant eagles that each appear about 30 feet away from 'Teia. They both charge right at her. One of them hits, clawing a thin gash into her side.
Two enormous snakes appear, on either side of Ek'ann. As of yet, they do nothing.

The ooze moves five feet southeast, and the symbols start whirling again.
'Teia takes two damage (that's accounting for your DR, so don't subtract it again). The rest of you make Fortitude saves to avoid a -4 to Strength and Dexterity, and you can't see anything.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
None of you are affected. Still can't see a damn thing, though.

Map will be up tomorrow, when I stop feeling so awful. You guys can take your moves anyway; the eagles are 5 feet north of and east of 'Teia, the snakes (which are Huge) are north and south of Ek'ann, and the cloud is 20 feet in every direction from one space south and east of Ek'ann. You can't see the others, of course, but they may or may not have moved so unless you can see through the smoke (this smoke isn't like Fog Cloud, you can't see even at five feet) you'll have to fumble around at them.

Jeff the Green
2012-09-27, 12:18 AM
'Teia glances at the eagle that had scratched her. The wound is minor, and the eagle itself almost trivial. If the ooze gets off another summon, on the other hand...

She hauls herself up yet another five feet and fires. No fire this time, but she knows how to hit it to make it hurt. Well, given that it probably doesn't have a nervous system, not "hurt," exactly. It wouldn't be casting for long, in either case.

5' step up; now 25' off ground.
Full round action to initiate Multiple Shot, attacking 3 (if it falls, remaining arrows to one of the eagles). Favored enemy applies only to creatures with arcane spells and/or SLAs.

Edit: Forgot Vanguard Strike. All attacks against the ooze get +4; all attacks against the eagles get +1 from PBS.

Damage: [roll1] (normal damage + KD) + [roll2] (bane and stance) + 4 (favored enemy) = 32
Second attack:

To-hit: [roll3] (+2 if previous shot missed)
Damage: [roll4] (normal damage + KD) + [roll5] (stance) + 4 (favored enemy) = 22
Extra attack:

To-hit: [roll6] (+2 if previous shot missed)
Damage: [roll7] (normal damage + KD) + [roll8] (stance) + 4 (favored enemy) = 14

Lateral
2012-09-27, 06:08 AM
'Teia's arrows strike the ooze, and with a final gasp it liquefies.

It's dead, Jim.

Map will be up when I have more time. For now, it's the same as the old one but without the summoning ooze.

Lix Lorn
2012-09-27, 02:30 PM
Vivian nods. "Good start I guess..."
She follows this with a deep breath, a trio of shadowy blasts forming, striking out at the eagles.

Full round action! If within 30ft, +1 attack/damage.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
As flying type monsters, my ice attacks do double damage, right? :smalltongue:

Postmodernist
2012-09-29, 09:00 AM
Shaking bits of magma mephit off of his armor, Ek'ann wheeled about facing the enormous snake south of him. He swung his glaive downward in a vicious overhand chop, letting the momentum carry the weapon forward. As the blade traced the end of its arc, he whirled the weapon about his shoulders, striking out horizontally in a smooth motion.

Full attack on the southern viper, assuming that between my reach, its size, and the logical strategic placement of summoned creatures Ek'ann can perform such an act. 4 points of PA.

[roll0] for [roll1] slashing adamantine magic damage.
[roll2] for [roll3] of the same.

Lateral
2012-09-29, 09:40 AM
Arapim wheels down and around, and cuts into the northern snake with extreme prejudice. Her blade hammers into the snake's neck, killing it instantly.

Using bonecrusher strike, moving around to just west of Ek'ann and making sure to use 40ft of movement.

Lateral
2012-09-29, 11:46 AM
'Teia's arrows strike the ooze and vaporize it; however, this gives the eagles an opening and one of them slashes her in the chest. Vivian's blasts strike both eagles; the southern one falls to the ground and dissipates. Meanwhile, Ek'ann and Arapim quickly dispatch the giant snakes.

The eagle, enraged by the defeat of its mate, swoops around and cuts a gash into one of 'Teia's arms.

'Teia takes 7 damage (DR included.)
Map:
http://i1254.photobucket.com/albums/hh606/LateralFire/Map%20Uploads-%20For%20Gold%20and%20Glory/dungeon-toproom_zps116c47c1.png

Jeff the Green
2012-09-29, 07:24 PM
The corners of 'Teia's mouth twitch upward as the semblance of a scheme forms in her head. She concentrates for a moment before focusing a calming thought toward the eagle. The thought is so calming, in fact, that it should put it straight to sleep.

SLA deep slumber DC 20 or sleep; casting defensively [roll0] DC 18.

Lateral
2012-09-29, 07:50 PM
Arapim runs at the monster, leaping mid-charge...

...and misses by a few inches, falling flat on her face.

Arapim takes no damage. Except to her pride.

Postmodernist
2012-09-29, 07:53 PM
Ek'ann, freed from combat, hears the beast's screech. He hurls himself at the beast, the blade of his glaive glinting madly.

Charge, gain altitude to achieve higher ground. Full PA.
[roll0] for [roll1]

Lateral
2012-09-29, 08:01 PM
The last eagle falls to the ground and dissapears.

LEVEL COMPLETE
-----------
GAIN 1100 XP

Remember, there is loot in the corner.

Lix Lorn
2012-09-29, 08:43 PM
Vivian sighs with relief.
...then she recalls the loot, and swoops for it.

Jeff the Green
2012-09-29, 09:13 PM
'Teia lets out a cry of warning to Vivian. Flighty was one thing, but going for such an obvious trap was another.

Postmodernist
2012-09-30, 11:32 AM
Ek'ann circles the domed ceiling of the room once before alighting next to Arapim. He straps his glaive to his back, and mops a few beads of sweat from his brow. He gingerly scrapes the last remaining bits of rock and ash from the mephit from his armor spikes, taking care not to damage the finish on the armor. "Well, went as well as could be expected. Is anyone terribly hurt?" He asked, before turning his attention toward the pile of treasure. "Well it's surely tempting, remember that we have to travel light. This isn't merely some romp through the ruins for wealth and notoriety; we're trying to dismantle an apocalyptic weapon before it falls into the wrong hands. Let's find what's useful, and I say we leave the rest, at least until we've completed our mission." He looked at Vivian, greedily swooping toward their spoils before continuing, "Let's be careful, shall we? We've already nearly killed ourselves getting through the front door. I don't want our cupidity to get the better of us."

Lateral
2012-09-30, 12:14 PM
"I can check it out." Arapim walks over to the bag of loot, and studies it carefully.

Search:
[roll0]
Scratch that, take 20. Result is 33.
"Don't see anything. Should be safe."

Lix Lorn
2012-09-30, 04:14 PM
"If you forget, we lied about that part." she points out, ignoring their warnings. "I was all for leaving the apocalyptic danger the hell alone. *I* am here for the gold."

Postmodernist
2012-09-30, 04:24 PM
"Perhaps you lied, bird, but I most assuredly did not. I care little for your motives, but I will not let your greed endanger us all. Consider yourself warned," Ek'ann averred, his scowl unyielding as adamantine.

Lix Lorn
2012-09-30, 08:00 PM
"Oh, well, next time you plan on saving the world, perhaps you should TELL your companions they're risking reality." she snaps.

Jeff the Green
2012-09-30, 09:19 PM
"Would you two please stop bickering like jackdaws?" 'Teia says in a tone like honey over a dagger. "You're both right. Vivian, you can't spend your gold if Khorvaire is ruled by Xoriat or Dal Quor. Ek'ann, since we're undertaking this dangerous, dangerous mission for the good of all sentient beings, we deserve a bit of a reward, don't you think? Personally, I think Breland is appropriate recompense for such a deed, but dear old Boranel might object and we'll have to settle for the treasure we find in here.

"Actually, I met Boranel once. Such a sweet old man, and still so strong too..." 'Teia breaks off as she realizes this is neither the time nor place for that particular story. "Anyway, give me a moment, and I'll see if there's any magic auras hanging around."

'Teia leaps down to the ground. She throws her shoulders back a little and rolls her head before speaking a quick incantation. At the end of it her eyes—white, iris, and pupil—turn a brilliant electric blue and static electricity seems to leap between the leaves in her crown. She spends several moments scanning the room, scuttling up and down walls and across ceilings as necessary.

Casting detect magic, and sweeping the entire room.

Lateral
2012-09-30, 10:42 PM
The items that Vivian brings down include a simple-looking green folded cloak; a quiver, with three arrows- one white, one green, and one black- in it; a thick leather belt; and a sack full of gold and jewels. 'Teia can sense that the cloak resonates weakly in Abjuration, the belt in Transmutation, and the white arrow in Enchantment. The green and black arrows resonate more strongly, with Conjuration and Necromancy respectively; in addition, there are four pings under the treasure in the bag- three emitting a faint aura of Transmuation, and one giving off a weak Evocation. Nothing else in the room registers a blip.

Go ahead, have fun.

Lix Lorn
2012-10-01, 08:34 AM
Scowl. "No-one told me the world was at risk in the first place. I don't like being lied to." mutters the harpy.

Jeff the Green
2012-10-01, 08:49 AM
"Trust the centuries old dryad, honey," 'Teia says breezily. "The world is always at risk. If it isn't war it's illithid cabals, and if it isn't the brain scoffers it's some Quori schemer.

"We have a more immediate problem, though. There's something at the bottom of the bag that's radiating evocation magic. It could be something harmless, but it could also be something like a trap, and I don't feel like being blown up. Unless someone has a better idea, let's tie it to the ceiling where the net was and I'll shoot at it until everything falls out."

Lix Lorn
2012-10-01, 08:53 AM
She scowls yet again. "I suppose that makes sense."

Lateral
2012-10-01, 07:26 PM
'Teia's arrows slice through the bag, ripping it to shreds. What falls out is as follows:

A whole bunch of gold and jewels.
A carved wooden ring. 'Teia can sense that this is the object which emitted Evocation magic.
Three brown potions. They fall to the ground and shatter.

Jeff the Green
2012-10-01, 10:03 PM
'Teia pulls a face and utters a mild oath. "I guess we press on now, right? I'd rather keep these," she says, pointing to the grasping tree limbs on her back, "for the invisible nasties.

"Speaking of, I've got a spell for that. Should let us see them, but I've only got two prepared. Ek'ann and Arapim, you're probably the best candidates for that, since Viv and I will be too far away for the spell to work."

Lix Lorn
2012-10-01, 10:12 PM
Vivian is glaring at them.
Glaring at them so, so hard.

Postmodernist
2012-10-01, 11:23 PM
"Shall we crack on, then?" Ek'ann's scowl now seems a permanent fixture on his face. "As for unseen enemies, I might be able to prepare something for them, though I might need some preparation. I can usually modify my talents to suit our needs. I need only contact the proper entities an enlist their aid. Anyone else have any unusual capacities they'd care to share? Aside from a propensity to attack inanimate objects," he says in 'Teia's direction. He kicks idly at the shattered glass while the party lingers about the area.

Jeff the Green
2012-10-02, 11:53 AM
'Teia sticks out her tongue at Ek'ann. "Mostly what you saw here," she says. "Well, I can control plants too, but not very well. And I'm good with wands."

Lateral
2012-10-08, 10:45 PM
"Mostly what you saw. Healing belts, martial arts. I can identify weapons, but that is not helpful here."

"Although, looking at that ring..." Arapim raises her hand. "It's nearly identical to the one I wear on my finger."

Lix Lorn
2012-10-08, 11:13 PM
"Mostly, I'm good at killing things." says Vivian bluntly. "But I have a couple of useful tricks..."

Jeff the Green
2012-10-09, 06:33 AM
"Right then," 'Teia says. "I have one other thing that might help us out." She reaches into her haversack and pulls out a large glass amphora filled with sand. She pulls out the large cork that seals the vessel and dumps much of the sand on the ground.

"Art and I collected this from the Mournland. It can turn into just about anything, but I'm not as good at shaping it as I might be. If you'd help me, I think we can make it into bags full of mashed up torchbugs." A hint of a smile plays across her face. "Rather nice for ruining an invisible creature's day, I think."

Lix Lorn
2012-10-09, 01:34 PM
"Pretty smart." nods Vivian dryly.

Postmodernist
2012-10-09, 07:17 PM
"Do we have time to experiment with the stuff to determine who might be best at preparing it? How does one even shape this sand? Is it magical?" Ek'ann asks, mildly confused. "Otherwise, I think it sounds like an acceptable plan."

Jeff the Green
2012-10-09, 09:23 PM
"There's some sort of magic in there, but not the normal kind. Maybe it's left over from a Kythri manifest zone or something. Shaping it is just a matter of focusing on what you want it to become and it will react to your thoughts. I just have too short of an attention span for it." 'Teia suddenly jumps up. "Speaking of, I forgot to bring the mules in. I'll be back in a moment."

With that, 'Teia lopes out of the temple and returns a short time later leading two mules laden with equipment. She ties their leads to one of the massive door hinges and returns to her companions. "Right, then, have you had any success?"

My guess? Arapim has.

Lateral
2012-10-09, 09:28 PM
"Yes. I was able to make it transform. I believe this is the material in question?" Arapim hoists the jar full of bladders filled with a luminescent sludge.

Taking 20, any of you could have done it. It's DC 16.

Jeff the Green
2012-10-09, 09:36 PM
"Wonderful! One last thing, then." 'Teia draws an ivory rod from her pack, and then utters a short phrase and touches Arapim's forehead. The zenythri appears disoriented for a few seconds as the spell takes effect but then becomes able to perceive everything about her even with closed eyes. 'Teia then repeats the incantation on Ek'aan with similar results.

Blindsight on both of them, extended with a metamagic rod. Lasts 14 minutes.

Lateral
2012-10-09, 10:02 PM
"Interesting." Arapim shuts her eyes. "I can see everything."

"...Yes. Yes, I agree that we should proceed."

Feel free to proceed, guys. I can have the map up by tomorrow, but you can go ahead and descend.

Lix Lorn
2012-10-10, 08:46 AM
"Sure, let's get this over with." nods Vivian.

Postmodernist
2012-10-10, 06:52 PM
Ek'ann furrows his brow as 'Teia magically alters his vision. "Disorienting, though not altogether unpleasant. I'll lead the way. There better not be any traps down here, or I promise my ghost will haunt you until the end of your days. I can make good on that, too, as I have plenty of unpleasant otherworldly contacts." With that, he begins his descent down the staircase, sand-sculpted torchbug paste in hand.

Lateral
2012-10-11, 07:50 PM
You all enter a large, dark room. From what you can see, there is a corridor up ahead, but it seems to have caved in completely. There are also two much smaller tunnels- far too small for any giant- on either side of the room; you can see a faint green glow from the one on your left. The rest of the room is mostly unremarkable; there are long scrapes on the walls, the ceiling appears craggy and worn, and there are tatters of ancient tapestries on the floor around the walls.

No map yet, long day. It'll be up tomorrow, probably.

Lateral
2012-10-11, 09:00 PM
"I'll look for traps." Arapim starts slowly trawling around the room.
---------
"Booby traps. Whatever is in here thinks that we are fools." Arapim points to a thin wire strung across the corridor, and two heavy weights strung up on the top of the room. "Shall I?"

Jeff the Green
2012-10-11, 11:54 PM
"Why?" 'Teia asks from the ceiling. She speaks in a sort of stage whisper designed to travel to Arapim's ears, but no further. "We don't plan on passing over it, and it may prove useful if we are attacked."

As if the thought only just occurred to her, she looks about the room. "Speaking of, what happened to our invisible nasties? Do you see anything?"

Lateral
2012-10-12, 06:16 AM
"Don't see anything." Arapim closes her eyes. "Don't sense anything, either."

Jeff the Green
2012-10-12, 07:20 AM
"Then I vote for moving on and leaving the trap where it is for now," 'Teia says. "If one were to cut the tripwire, what would happen to the weights?"

Lix Lorn
2012-10-12, 01:06 PM
Vivian stares at the string, tempted just to sever it then.

Lateral
2012-10-12, 02:03 PM
"They would release, I think."

Jeff the Green
2012-10-12, 08:30 PM
A slow smile spreads across 'Teia's face. "Leave it, then," she says. "If we can lure any of our enemies under the weights I can trip the trap with an arrow." She digs into her pack and withdraws a few arrows with curious heads, forked like a snake's tongue and with a sharp blade between the tips. She replaces a few of the arrow in her quiver and shoulders it again.

"I suppose we should work on finding the invisible nasties that are supposed to be next."

Postmodernist
2012-10-13, 10:32 AM
Ek'ann looked uneasy, but kept silent. "Let's keep moving. That glow in the corner concerns me." As he passed by, he took the opportunity to examine the tapestries hanging on the wall.

Lateral
2012-10-28, 11:21 AM
When you move along the corridor, everyone keeps very quiet. You hear nothing but a low humming noise, coming from the direction of the green glow.

Suddenly, Arapim turns and shouts, "'Teia! Look out!" As he does so, two large slashes appear on 'Teia's chest. A split second later, you guys hear a skittering noise and another cut appears on Vivian's back.

'Teia, take [roll0] damage from the first attack and [roll1] damage from the second. Vivian, take [roll2] damage.

Ek'ann: You sensed nothing- just the claw marks.
Arapim: You sensed a creature jumping onto 'Teia and clawing at her, then run off around a corner back the way you guys came. You didn't sense whatever attacked Vivian, but you sure heard it- you know it went away from you, but not in which direction.

Everyone: The corridors are about ten feet high.

Map:
http://i1254.photobucket.com/albums/hh606/LateralFire/Map%20Uploads-%20For%20Gold%20and%20Glory/dungeon-entrancetunnels_zps57415b30.png

Lix Lorn
2012-10-28, 11:51 AM
Vivian cries out in pain, and reacts instinctively by rising to the top of the corridor, hovering just below the ceiling.

Jeff the Green
2012-10-29, 04:33 AM
'Teia yelps, more out of surprise than pain, then scuttles along the ceiling to settle above Arapim. "Might I suggest we turn around?" she suggests. "I'm not playing rearguard anymore."

Climb south 15 ft.

Lateral
2012-10-29, 08:45 AM
"I... don't understand." Arapim looks around. "Whatever attacked Vivian... I didn't see it."

Postmodernist
2012-10-29, 10:31 PM
Ek'ann starts. "What was that? I can't very well defend you from something I can't see. Keep your eyes peeled, and the rest of your senses, for that matter. We should try and use that paste we discussed before." With that, Ek'ann draws the flask of the strange fluid, and makes ready to hurl it at any incoming unseen enemies.

Ready an action to throw the torchbug paste at the square any future attacks seem to emanate from.

Lateral
2012-10-29, 11:23 PM
"I saw that one that attacked 'Teia run up that way." Arapim points the way you came. "Go for that one, or keep moving?"

Jeff the Green
2012-11-01, 02:15 PM
"I think I already said we should turn around," 'Teia says. "If you get attacked, drop your paste bad immediately and it should cover your attacker."

You can do that by readying an action.

Lateral
2012-11-02, 02:51 PM
You all walk, climb, and/or fly back up the corridor. You hear a skittering noise, and an invisible being attacks Arapim; she drops his bag, and it bursts into bright blue luminescent goop that coats Arapim, Vivian, 'Teia, and one invisible monster clinging to the ceiling above Arapim. Now visible to all, the creature yelps, attempts to attack Arapim again- she dodges with a sidestep- and skitters back the way it came.

Arapim takes [roll0] damage. She's at 62 HP.

Map:
Ignore the little green thing, it's a mispaint I didn't catch until after uploading.
http://i1254.photobucket.com/albums/hh606/LateralFire/Map%20Uploads-%20For%20Gold%20and%20Glory/dungeon-entrancetunnels_zpsdd4c201b.png

Lix Lorn
2012-11-02, 03:02 PM
"YOU!" screeches Vivian, who immediately chases after the creature as fast as she can.

Yes, that's dumb. Yes, she's gonna do it.

Jeff the Green
2012-11-05, 03:45 AM
'Teia sighs. "Well, at least she's a Phoenix," she says. "I have no clue what those things are. Maybe some sort of experiment that got loose when the giants sealed this place up."

She looks down the glowing hall and then back. "We should follow her, I suppose."

Lateral
2012-11-09, 04:44 PM
Vivian flies back into the room, pursued by the rest of the group. As she charges in, the goop-coated claw monster leaps out from behind a ceiling corner, slices her in the back, and then skitters off to the other side of the room.

Remember the booby traps. I've marked them, as well as the tripwire, in brown on the map.

Also, Vivian, there are two attacks made against you:
[roll0]
[roll1]

If they hit, they deal [roll2] damage and [roll3] damage.

Edit: They both hit- you didn't see it coming, so you were flat-footed.

You all: Roll initiative, if you'd like. That was pretty much its surprise round.
Map:
http://i1254.photobucket.com/albums/hh606/LateralFire/Map%20Uploads-%20For%20Gold%20and%20Glory/dungeon-entrancetunnels.png
The line is the tripwire, and the dots are the weights.

Lix Lorn
2012-11-09, 06:49 PM
"AGH!" Vivian screeches in pain.

Eyes glittering with fury, she attacks the creature as ferociously as she can.
[roll0] Initiative
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

Postmodernist
2012-11-10, 05:50 PM
Ek'ann adopts a combat stance, ready to engage the beast. He finds a secure route, and charges it, the glaive flashing in his hands.

Initiative:
Maneuvers: [roll1], [roll2], [roll3]
Knowledge: Religion: [roll4] in case this thing is undead.

Looks like Douse the Flames, Vanguard Strike, and Battle Leader's Charge for maneuvers. Use Battle Leader's Charge as full round action, no provoking for the charge. Avoid traps in charge route.

FULL PA, plus Andras smite: [roll]1d20+14 for 1d10+36

Jeff the Green
2012-11-10, 05:58 PM
At Vivian's yelp 'Teia climbs toward the main room. She knocks an arrow to the waxed twine of her bow and releases it at the glowing creature.

Climb west 2, up 1, so that she's on the wall above the entrance to the glowing tunnel.
Standard action attack:

To hit: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] (normal damage and KD) + [roll2] (bane and stance)