PDA

View Full Version : Red Dwarf X

Androgeus
2012-09-04, 09:33 AM
http://llewblog.squarespace.com/storage/RDX-poster.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=134675349193 7

Discuss?

Fragenstein
2012-09-04, 09:37 AM
Firmly dissapointed. News of this calibre clearly calls for the full-on Double Rimmer.

Way to half-arse it there, Mr. Gazspacho.

Androgeus
2012-09-04, 09:42 AM
Firmly dissapointed. News of this calibre clearly calls for the full-on Double Rimmer.

Way to half-arse it there, Mr. Gazspacho.

Ok, here's a salute I save the especially important (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=al5bErqFrDQ).

The Succubus
2012-09-04, 09:49 AM
Here is what is going to happen.

For the next few weeks, I shall complain bitterly about this, using increasingly unkind adjectives. I shall constantly remind everyone of the train wreck that was Dave's last attempt to do Red Dwarf and the APPALLING scripting (Blade Runner? Coronation Street?!). I will then lament for the days when Red Dwarf was good - Series 1 & 2 mostly but pretty much everything up to the series that had Gunmen of the Apocalypse.

And I will watch Red Dwarf X anyway.

And then I will cry. :smallfrown:

Fragenstein
2012-09-04, 09:49 AM
Much better. I would have also accepted someone writing "I am a fish" four hundred times, doing a little dance and then fainting.

I have a better recollection of the Grant Naylor novelizations than the shows themselves. While I know the scripts took a downturn at some point, they still hold a warm place in my heart.

Expect for when Lister forced himself to eat his own pet tarantula. That's an image from the show buried within my brain for life.

Aidan305
2012-09-04, 05:25 PM

You have similar intentions to myself then. I was highly disappointed with their last effort which was merely a bad rehashing of old ideas. I'm not really expecting anything more than that unfortunately.

Dienekes
2012-09-04, 05:51 PM
Huh, now I have to go back and rewatch all of the old series. But while I'm gone...

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Trazoi
2012-09-04, 10:44 PM
I didn't even know there was a Red Dwarf IX.

Should I know there is a Red Dwarf IX? Or is it better that I don't know.

turkishproverb
2012-09-05, 12:26 AM
Hmm...so I guess, at least in the UK, a lot of people are going to be cancelling plans a month from now because "It's cold outside..."

I didn't even know there was a Red Dwarf IX.

Should I know there is a Red Dwarf IX? Or is it better that I don't know.

back to earth was IX.

factotum
2012-09-05, 01:45 AM
I have a better recollection of the Grant Naylor novelizations than the shows themselves. While I know the scripts took a downturn at some point, they still hold a warm place in my heart.

That's because the novels were still written when Rob Grant and Doug Naylor were talking to each other. In the author description of one of them it describes Grant Naylor as a "gestalt entity with two brains and a single mind", which unfortunately turned out to be far truer than they knew--they just don't have the spark separately that they had together.