PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to Endhome [IC]

Mr Tumnus
2012-09-06, 09:29 PM
Each of you have for one reason or another (most likely for the money) decided to accept Orzin Razmir's offer to join his new venture, the Greentower Adventuring Company, named after one of his fallen allies from his adventuring days. Each of you sit in the newly furnished Greentower headquarters in the heart of Endhome's trading district (http://rodinia.info/location.php?id=479), waiting to be assigned to a team. As you look about the room there are about fifteen other faces, sixteen if you count the pretty half-elf receptionist.

(Please describe yourselves)

Apropos
2012-09-06, 10:27 PM
Lylath Korhail

Lylath does his best not to look anxious, but he can't help turning his head around every time he hears someone's footsteps. walking in. To distract himself, he tries to find someone to talk to. He turns to the person next to him and says, "So, what're you in here for?"

Alchemyst
2012-09-07, 02:30 AM
Garis Stoneforge

Stout, hardy, and a brillianlt beard of red adoring an overtly equipped dwarf was perhaps the best way to describe the one sat beside the elf of the wood. Within one hand he had a sizable mug of some local brew, and the other his own invintation to be here. He had been furiously reading over it in furitive detail, just trying to find one part that he may have missed, or piece of that small text that always seemed to evade him--to no avail, however.

"Same as ye me laddie." With a voice as rough as the rocks themselves. "Same as the rest of us! Dun tell me ye fergot already!"

Apropos
2012-09-07, 02:58 AM
Lylath

A bit flustered, Lylath replies, "Well, I just thought that maybe this would be a waiting room for anyone wishing to meet the mister Razmir. There are an awful lot of people in here after all. I'm just getting a little anxious waiting is all. I'm wondering what assignment I'll get first. Also are we being assigned in groups mister...?" He looks at the dwarf expectantly for his name.

Alchemyst
2012-09-07, 04:04 AM
Garis Stoneforge

A rather sour look crossed over the dwarf's hardend visage. Which only disappeared after he had nursed a few generous sips from the frothy concoction. Despite the color and size it barely seemed to have any effects on the hardy creature. "No need for honorifics, laddie! Garis Stoneforge's da name, huntin's me game. Lil' I'll not do ta see this here big ol' world!
"Whadda 'bout yerself?" Well, seemingly mostly unaffected. The dwarf's speech could use a bit of fine tuning. Despite his tongue being a bit loose. "So far outta da woods, an' on an island t'boot!"

There was an edit in the last name that neither the DM nor I caught when copypasta'ing the latest table. Just adjusting everything to fit.

Dragonal01
2012-09-07, 05:56 AM
Baer is sitting opposite from Garis, wearing his chainmail, his medal of honour displayed proudly along with the chevrons that display his rank as a colonel, his weapons are on the floor beside him, he is watching the two opposite him intently, occasionally stroking his long white beard.

Infernally Clay
2012-09-07, 06:49 AM
"So how did Orzin get someone as pretty as you working for him?" Callan said, trying his luck with the receptionist, "Maybe I should just steal you away from under his nose..."

A shaggy haired human whose eyes seemed alive with raw power, Callan wasn't one to stand on ceremony. Rather than mingle with the crowd, he much preferred the idea of charming the most attractive person in the room. There was more to life than money and, for Callan, a fine woman and the thrill of the hunt were worth more than any pile of gold.

gunnar11
2012-09-07, 07:43 AM
Eyeing the rest of the people in the room, Heothran looked about. There was some guy at the counter, flirting with the half-elf, two others were talking, seemingly nervous. The dwarf - of course- with a looser tongue than anyone else.
Heathran shook his brown hair with his hand, hoping he'd be presentable enough for Orzin. He fiddled a bit with his holy symbol and kept analyzing the people. Making conversation was perhaps a good idea after all, and so he mingled in to the conversation the two were having at the other side of the room.

"You know, not everyone is here for the money. I myself just like to help people, and Razmin happens to be one of our dearest friend" he says, showing the holy symbol around his neck

Dragonal01
2012-09-07, 07:47 AM
Baer chuckles. "I'm not here just for the money either, it's been a while since i've fought a good battle, I want to feel the rush again, and see the light fade from some bastard Goblin's eyes." he pat's his maul which is now lying across his lap.

Apropos
2012-09-07, 11:37 AM
Garis Stoneforge

A rather sour look crossed over the dwarf's hardend visage. Which only disappeared after he had nursed a few generous sips from the frothy concoction. Despite the color and size it barely seemed to have any effects on the hardy creature. "No need for honorifics, laddie! Garis Stoneforge's da name, huntin's me game. Lil' I'll not do ta see this here big ol' world!
"Whadda 'bout yerself?" Well, seemingly mostly unaffected. The dwarf's speech could use a bit of fine tuning. Despite his tongue being a bit loose. "So far outta da woods, an' on an island t'boot!"

Seth (Lylath)

"Joseph... Seth Joseph. A pleasure to meet you Garis." He said with a slight measure of sarcasm in his voice. The dwarf would probably be too drunk to notice. "And actually I... uh, am Lord Joseph's adopted son, ." He scratches the back of his head to look abashed about the fact.

Obviously, Lylath is lying, but I'll use his fake name until the other characters figure it out. Hopefully, it'll be dramatic :smallamused:

EDIT: I just realized that Heothran was addressing us

Incredibly relieved to no longer have to talk to the dwarf, the elf lets out a small sigh... It would be a small ordeal by comparison to the mounds of gold waiting for him, anyway. Still, he might not get paired up with the dwarf at all.

"You know, not everyone is here for the money. I myself just like to help people, and Razmin happens to be one of our dearest friend" he says, showing the holy symbol around his neck

Looking utterly bewildered at the statement, the elf exclaims simply, "What? No money? You must be INSANE!" He covers his mouth immediately realizing he just said that out loud. "Err, I meant, 'Insane...ly noble and sacrificial'" He says nervously.

gunnar11
2012-09-07, 12:07 PM
"Oh gods, no, Seth. I didn't say 'no money'. I said I wasn't here for it, although my temple would gladly use it, if it perhaps was donated" Heothran answers. He still is analyzing, although now he's focused on Seth only.

"And also: You, sir Seth, are insane..ly superficial, for a man of your age. And that's coming from me, a 23 year old"

Apropos
2012-09-07, 12:33 PM
Seth

Although, donating it was almost as good as not taking it in his mind.

Seth starts to say something sarcastic but catches himself. No sense in drawing more attention. Affecting a smile he replies, "Not a knight yet, brother." He grins wider at his joke, the continues, "I apologize for my outburst. Let's start over, shall we? It appears that you know my name but I do not yet know yours." He wished Razmir would get here already so he wouldn't have to deal with these unpleasant pleasantries.

Mr Tumnus
2012-09-10, 12:21 AM
"So how did Orzin get someone as pretty as you working for him?" Callan said, trying his luck with the receptionist, "Maybe I should just steal you away from under his nose..."

The receptionist looks up at you and straightens her glasses, in a curt voice she responds "As if you could, now Sir if you could please return to your seat until your name is called." Returning her attention to the clipboard and stack of papers in front of her she begins rattling off names "Hienrich, Joel, Adam, Marquis, Ducal, and Vladamir." Several of the gathered men rise to their feet and head to the desk where the Receptionist with her clipboard leads them into the room beyond "If you could please follow me."

gunnar11
2012-09-11, 01:45 AM
"Very well, no harm done, right?" Heothran answers Seth, and follows up with his name: "My name is Heothran, if you will"
He then decides to turn his attention onto the secretary calling up others in the room, and patiently waits till it's his turn

Mr Tumnus
2012-09-12, 01:56 AM
After another fifteen minutes or so the receptionist calls the names Baer Ungart, Finwé Orc-Blood, Graward Silentall, Lylath Korhail, Heothran, Garis Stoneforge, and Callan. "If you would all please follow me." Once everyone has gathered their things she leads you through the door behind the desk into the building beyond. Walking down a long hallway you pass by a couple closed doors and an inner courtyard which has several men doing pell work. Hacking, slashing and stabbing at wooden targets. Finally you come to a plain wooden door which the Receptionist opens and steps inside of, beckoning you all to enter. Inside is a decently sized room devoid of furniture save for a desk, high backed chair, and potted plant in the far right corner. Once everyone is inside she turns and closes the door as she leaves.

A man many of you recognize as Orzin sits at the desk with a stack of files in front of him. Taking off a set of reading glasses he rises as you enter the room and moves to the front of the desk, leaning on it's edge as you all assemble inside. "Well it's good to see all of you, many of you already know me but for those who don't my name is Orzin son of Razmir, Breaker of the Black Dawn. All of you know why you're here, I'm putting together teams of able bodied men and women to act as Adventurers, as Problem Solvers and where needed, Mercenaries. A number of problems have been plaguing this land, wandering monsters, dark cults, and evil wizards. Many problems that the local guard is ill equipped to handle." Orzin turns around and gathers the scattered pile of papers on his desk and straightens them before turning around and presenting them on the desk. "These are your contracts, once you sign them you're in until the end of your service. If you have any questions or second thoughts, now is the time to ask."

(Knowledge History or Intelligence Check DC 10)
Orzin Razmir was given the Title "Breaker of the Black Dawn" because of his part in destroying the Cult of Moloch, intent on summoning their lord to this plane of existence. In their final confrontation during a solar eclipse the final blow was struck and when the eclipse ended the cult was no more.

Dragonal01
2012-09-12, 04:28 AM
I have a question, when can we be expected to recieve our payment for completing contracts?

Apropos
2012-09-12, 04:48 AM
"Very well, no harm done, right?" Heothran answers Seth, and follows up with his name: "My name is Heothran, if you will"
He then decides to turn his attention onto the secretary calling up others in the room, and patiently waits till it's his turn

Seth replies in turn, "Ahh, good, very nice to meet you." The two would engage in idle chit-chat for the next fifteen minutes or so.

After Orzin speaks with them, he walks up and signs the papers wordlessly, somewhat intimidated by the man.

The invitation would have been to Seth Joseph, not Lylath. He just stole it and decided to walk in. Sorry for the confusion

Mr Tumnus
2012-09-12, 05:50 AM
I have a question, when can we be expected to recieve our payment for completing contracts?

"Aside from rights to the various trinkets you would pick up in your service you will be rendered a bonus at the end of your term."

Alchemyst
2012-09-12, 06:18 PM
Garis

The dwarf left his tankard back at the seats--it had a weak and bad taste anyways--and put his professional face on as he stepped beyond the doorways. For many long moments he stroked his beard, clearly in deep contemplation. He tried to read over the legal jargon but only acquired a headache and felt like the room itself was spinning. "What exactly are we signing over? What do these things cover? Such as emergencies, injuries, lost equipment, payment in exact coin length of period this paper is in effect for, and what happens should someone break the terms within."

Int check!
[roll0]

Mr Tumnus
2012-09-12, 07:30 PM
Garis"What exactly are we signing over? What do these things cover? Such as emergencies, injuries, lost equipment, payment in exact coin length of period this paper is in effect for, and what happens should someone break the terms within."

Leaning against the desk Orzin gestures with his hands as he explains "Under the terms of this contract you are to accept no less than two assignments in a single three month period, subject to the situation, this condition may be waived if unforeseeable circumstances prevent you from accomplishing your duties, unforeseeable circumstances of course subject to our interpretation." Turning around he takes the mug from atop his desk, and takes a sip before turning back to you and continuing.

"In return you shall be extended an expense budget, no more than 250 gp per month per Adventurer and full use of the healers in our employ. The length of this agreement is to be no less than two full year. Should you wish to leave the employ of this company early you may buy off the time remaining on your contract. If you choose to leave without settling your affairs the bonus offered at the end of your contract will be offered as bounty to those who bring you back. If you feel that I have wronged you in any way you may bring your case to the High Justice to settle your contract."

"What I ask is not easy but you would not be here did I not think you up to the task. Keep in mind though you are not here at swordpoint and the contract has yet to have been signed. If you choose to leave here and now there will be no repercussions and I will think no less of you."

Alchemyst
2012-09-13, 12:34 AM
Garis

Those answers clearly satisfied the dwarf, but countless more popped up in their place. "And how much, pray tell, is each contract worth? Are they open to the highest bidder, as such one month we may be working for you, good sir, and another someone else with a bigger purse?"

Infernally Clay
2012-09-13, 06:21 PM
"Sending a bounty hunter af'er me?" Callan idly spoke, looking over his contract with a fine toothed comb, "I doubt that'd end well... For either of us."

His eyes then lifted up to Orzin, "But we won't find out 'cause it won't come to that. You offered me a job and I'm taking it. The pay could be better, but can't really complain. Action is action, so as long as there's something for me to hit I'll be happy."

Mr Tumnus
2012-09-13, 11:56 PM
Garis"And how much, pray tell, is each contract worth? Are they open to the highest bidder, as such one month we may be working for you, good sir, and another someone else with a bigger purse?"

"This isn't that sort of business, your contract will never be sold to another, no matter the price."

Alchemyst
2012-09-14, 01:46 AM
Garis

This news gave him another reason to take another read through the piece of paper before him. "So I merely need to do your dirty work, an' I get paid?" The dwarf asked, shooting a curious side-long glance towards Razmir. That lasted for all of a very brief second, however, as with a swift flick of his wrist the dwarf scribed his own signature upon the parchment.

"Let's see how long this partnership lats, eh?"

Dragonal01
2012-09-14, 02:36 AM
Baer feeling that enough has been talked about for him to be satified signs the papers. "Well Orzin, I look forward to working for you."

gunnar11
2012-09-14, 05:19 AM
Heothran who was quiet up until now speaks, trying to have a simple bargain with Razmin. "Is it possible to change my contract a bit, so that might I die or disappear, the money that normally would be given to bountyhunters can go to my temple instead?" Heothran inquired. His temple was everything for him, and could this be done, he'd like to sign the document.

Signing the contract anyways, just trying to do more for the temple than him. He'll still accept the 250gp/month for himself

Mr Tumnus
2012-09-15, 01:59 AM
"Let's see how long this partnership lats, eh?"

"Well Orzin, I look forward to working for you."

He nods to both of you in kind.

"Is it possible to change my contract a bit, so that might I die or disappear, the money that normally would be given to bountyhunters can go to my temple instead?"

"That could be arranged, does anyone else have someone they would like to designate as their benefactor in case the worst should befall them?"

Dragonal01
2012-09-15, 09:29 AM
Now I think of it, send the money and if they find my body, my medal to clan Ungart. They could always use some more money to train more soldiers."

Mr Tumnus
2012-09-15, 03:14 PM
Now I think of it, send the money and if they find my body, my medal to clan Ungart. They could always use some more money to train more soldiers."

"Very Well." Orzin takes his quill and makes several addendums to the proper contracts and presents them for your inspection. "If there is nothing else would you all like to sign up and get started? I actually have several things that could use your attention"

(If you guys want to make your money go to someone else in the case of your untimely demise just mention it in the OOC or here and we can assume that you did it)

Storm Vermin
2012-09-15, 06:30 PM
Graward didn't speak much up to this point. He certainly had no desire to engage in inane small talk with his potential co-workers, and took care to listen carefully to the terms of the contract with Orzin. The warlock was satisfied with the terms presented and signed the contract without a second thought.

"I hope our cooperation will be long and fruitful, mister Orzin." Graward said as he put his signature on the contract.

Infernally Clay
2012-09-15, 06:42 PM
"So what'll our first job be?" Callan said, handing over the signed contract, "Got someone, or something, to hunt down?"

Mr Tumnus
2012-09-17, 01:30 PM
After everyone has signed Orzin will file away the contracts. Returning his attention to you he says "Yes, you see several days ago the guard here in Endhome received reports of bandit activity just outside the small town of Calmwater (http://rodinia.info/location.php?id=465). There are reports of this sort of thing all the time and we don't have enough resources to chase after every problem that springs up so we elected to let the local Guardsmen handle the matter. Unfortunately, they have yet to return and since the brigands have hit several merchants traveling Soldier's Road."

Orzin returns to behind his desk, letting the information sink in. Reclining into his chair he takes his corncob pipe and with the strike of a match lights it, filling the office with the smell of tobacco. "Your task should you choose to accept it is to stop those men. I shall leave the means by which you acomplish this task up to you. Before you leave you may take your pick from the armory, just have Mr Styles, our clerk, deduct it from your account."

Infernally Clay
2012-09-17, 02:51 PM
"Our task, should we choose to accept it...?" Callan smiled nervously, "Is this room going to self-destruct in five seconds?"

Mr Tumnus
2012-09-17, 03:01 PM
"Our task, should we choose to accept it...?" Callan smiled nervously, "Is this room going to self-destruct in five seconds?"

Orzin gives you this confused look. "Of course not, by the terms of your contract you are able to refuse a mission, as I said before you are only required to complete two of these jobs in a three-month period. If you decide not to accept then I will offer the mission to one of the other teams."

Taking a deep inhale of his pipe he blows out a smoke ring and continues "This is a business, not a monarchy, while at times I may have to make hard decisions I will do my best to always give you a choice."

Infernally Clay
2012-09-17, 03:58 PM
OOC:
That was totally a Mission: Impossible reference. :smalltongue:

Mr Tumnus
2012-09-17, 04:04 PM
OOC:
That was totally a Mission: Impossible reference. :smalltongue:

I know, but you responded in character so responded in kind :smalltongue:

Alchemyst
2012-09-17, 06:02 PM
Garis

"Some bandits and rescue, eh laddie?" the Dwarf inquired, cracking a few stiff joints from being stagnant far too long. Even such a minor thing got the little man's eyes gleaming bright in the hopes of action."Before we accept, are there any other current options for us? Or is this currently the only one that plagues someone of our qualifications?"

Mr Tumnus
2012-09-17, 10:28 PM
"There's nothing else right now, I'm fairly sure that if you don't want to take this assignment another one will come up soon enough, they always do. This sort of work has it's slow times but the day when Adventurers are no longer needed is the day that the world ends."

Alchemyst
2012-09-17, 11:08 PM
Garis

"Well then, me laddie, me thinks I shall take you up on your offer. Better 'an sittin' an' doin' nothin' productive!" That dangerous gleam within the dwarf's eyes didn't disappear, rather it grew to the point where it nearly dared others to join that light. "Who's with me?"

gunnar11
2012-09-18, 01:38 AM
Heothran

"Count me in for sure! I wonder what selection of armor you have..." Heothran says. He's bored a bit, and wants to go out to the field as soon as possible.

Storm Vermin
2012-09-18, 03:53 PM
Graward

"It's not like we, or at least I, have much else to do at the moment. Who knows, frying a few bandits might even prove entertaining." Graward said, sounding a bit aloof.

Mr Tumnus
2012-09-19, 01:45 PM
"Speak to Mr Styles for any questions you may have about the equipment we have available. Good luck."

Before you leave you'll get your pick of the armory, you can basically grab any of the items out of the equipment section of the playtest just subtract it from your 250 gp. Let me know when you guys want to get moving.

Dragonal01
2012-09-19, 01:50 PM
"I'm up for getting rid of some bandits." Baer speaks with a smirk of his face all the while, patting his hammer on his back.

Infernally Clay
2012-09-19, 06:09 PM
"Thanks for the offer, but I've got everything I need," Callan said as he made his way out, "I'm ready to leave whenever you guys are. I'll be trying my luck with the receptionist again."

Alchemyst
2012-09-20, 07:40 PM
Garis

"I think I've got everything I need for the moment. Thanks for the offer, anyways." The dwarf said after patting both of his chosen weapons, just to make sure they're there. "And ready to go, t' boot!"

Mr Tumnus
2012-09-20, 09:06 PM
Everyone good?

Apropos
2012-09-23, 03:37 AM
"Ooh, great! I'll just be a moment.

Grabbing a whip and more caltrops and ball bearings (2 sets of each).

gunnar11
2012-09-23, 05:45 AM
"Let us go, then" Heothran says. He's bored out of his mind at the moment, and hadn't seen sunlight in minutes now.

Mr Tumnus
2012-09-24, 01:52 AM
Okay then, onward. The road south winds through the low foothills surrounding Endhome, in leaving the city you see a number of wagon trains and horse-drawn carriages heading into the city from the western road, many with flamboyant colors and decorations. Following the soldier's road you pass several way stations and traveler's inns in the few hours away from endhome but soon the gentle rolling hills give way to rugged hinterlands.

Approaching a copse of trees a little too small to be considered a forest a scene gives you pause. On the side of the road a few hundred yards ahead of you are several overturned wagons with a handful of bodies strewn about the area like ragdolls.

Apropos
2012-09-24, 02:04 AM
Seth had seen his fair share of death, he'd even had to deal it on occasion, but nothing like the scene before the party. He draws his bow and knocks an arrow, preparing for danger. Looking around for signs of an ambush he asks aloud grimly, "This was bandits?"

Dragonal01
2012-09-24, 02:32 AM
Baer draws his Maul, and very slowly approaches the wagons, carefully looking around to see any signs of what happened
Spot; [roll0]

Mr Tumnus
2012-09-24, 04:28 AM
You see no one moving among the wreckage, from this distance it's hard to tell if there are any survivors but several of the bodies have been eviscerated to the point where death is almost certain. Several of the wagons bear the symbol of a winged scroll.

Local Lore DC 10
The winged scroll is the emblem of a local delivery company called Endhome and Back. Famous for quick and expeident deliveries in and around Endhome.

Dragonal01
2012-09-24, 09:59 AM
Baer weapon in hand shall walk up to the symbol to get a better look to see if he knows of it, to see if there are any survivors, and to see if he recognises the type of wounds inflicted on the corpses.
INT [roll0]
Spot [roll1]
WIS [roll2]

Mr Tumnus
2012-09-24, 01:16 PM
As you close you confirm your suspicions, there are no survivors. Inspecting the wounds you can see that these were most likely swords of some kind, however in most places along the skin it looks like it tore instead of cut, meaning that whoever did this was using very dull blades.

Behind the wagons you can see several boxes and crates that were pulled out, smashed open, and the contents taken. Scraps of wood liters the ground intermingling with several turnips, lettuce leaves, and a small hank of bread. It looks like this may have been a food delivery.

gunnar11
2012-09-24, 04:06 PM
Heothran holds up his holy symbol and whispers a little prayer at each of the dead bodies. Death is never pretty to see, but these horrible ones were less. He wanted to make them a grave, but unless the rest of the party accepted, he had to continue his journey in contract of Orzin.

"Should we burry them? Cremate if the tools allow? What could possibly have caused this?" are some of the questions he fires in the air. He inspects his environements for clues and enemies in the meantime.

Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

Also: cast detect magic on this area to search for clues.
and: Search: [roll2]

Alchemyst
2012-09-24, 04:24 PM
Garis

Within the dwarf's grip laid his axe at the ready as they approached the wreck. "Hard to say." He mutters, offering a quiet prayer to the Gods within the dwarven tongue. Continuing back within the common tongue, "Small burial. We don't want to suffer the same fate as these guys."

Natural Lore - are there any critters near by that Garis may know of that could do this?
[roll0]

Perception - Against possible stealth, searching for tracks
[roll1]

Mr Tumnus
2012-09-24, 07:24 PM
@Heothran There seems to be no trace of magic lingering in the area, though you do notice several sets of tracks distinguished from yours and those of the dead by their sheer size, nearly two feet long and a foot wide with sharp, pointed toes. Other than the tracks you do not see or hear anything out of the ordinary.

@Garis It's a little hard for you to tell the tracks apart, there seems to have been a lot of traffic in and out of here. On the subject of any creatures that may have done this the list is pretty long. The most plausible given the area is most likely some sort of forest denizen, a troll or giant of some kind perhaps.

Infernally Clay
2012-09-24, 07:49 PM
"A cremation would be quickest. If we build a proper pyre with all this wood, I can do it myself," Callan said, visibly pained by the corpses littering the area, "It shouldn't take more than a few minutes, then we can go on our way and follow these tracks."

Alchemyst
2012-09-25, 05:16 AM
Garis

~Aye, me laddie. I agree that that would be the quickest route~ Thedwarf pauses, casting a watchful eye to the wilderness around; unable to look at such corpses for long. ~What'cha be needin` an` of how much, to complete this rite?~

Infernally Clay
2012-09-25, 08:04 AM
"Just help me get these wagons and crates together," Callan replied, cleaving through the wagons with ease to break them into something the bodies could be laid onto, "That'll be enough."

After several minutes, Callan and whoever lent a hand had created the pyre. It wasn't the sort of thing an artisan would be impressed by, but it would serve its purpose. Carefully laying the dead onto the bed of wood, Rafe gave everyone the signal to step back.

"Rest in peace - we'll find who did this to you and make sure they never hurt anyone ever again."

Rafe then cast Burning Hands, a torrent of flame erupting from his fingers and setting the entire pyre alight. He stood silent, watching the flames.

Callan has 2 willpower remaining.

Mr Tumnus
2012-09-25, 12:55 PM
As fire pours from your open hands it quickly engulfs the makeshift pyre. The flames make short work of the bodies but they fill the air with the smell of burning flesh. Black smoke stretches several hundred feet skyward before bending to the whims of the easterly winds.

gunnar11
2012-09-25, 02:42 PM
"Men - Heothran begins, still not taking his eyes of the tracks in front of him. - these are some sort of lizardlike tracks, really big ones too." He mentions, now pointing at them. "I think we shouldn't be here, or we actually should if we can help, or maybe... ANYWAY - he reminds himself, trying not to seem schizophrenic -does anyone know more about these tracks?"

Then he sees the pyre. "In behalve of my Lord: Thank you, kind"

Mr Tumnus
2012-09-28, 12:27 AM
What are you doing next?

Alchemyst
2012-09-28, 02:48 AM
Garis

After having helped finish the prep work, the dwarf went over to where the aforementioned pointed tracks. "Nay, laddie. Can't say I immediately know.. What you say we find what made 'em, an' bring 'em to justice?"

Storm Vermin
2012-09-28, 02:27 PM
Graward surveyed the scene of the massacre, trying to piece together what might have happened there. Clearly, ordinary bandits were not responsible, which piqued the warlock's curiosity.

"Yes, we should track these criminals. I assume someone here has some experience in following trails."

Mr Tumnus
2012-09-29, 01:08 AM
So what are you guys doing? Following the tracks or proceeding down the road?

DC 10 Survival (Wisdom) or DC 15 Spot (Wisdom)
The tracks lead into the small copse of trees leading away from the still burning funeral pyre and Soldier's Road. The tracks seem to follow a game trail uphill a ways before branching off at what looks like a large rock formation where two large stone slabs meet at an angle to create what looks like a shallow cave.

Alchemyst
2012-09-29, 01:35 AM
After just barely beating the Spot DC... Following the tracks! With one of the "tanks" heading the way

Garis

The dwarf's eyes followed the trail as far as he could, then tilted his head in curiosity. "Goin' under th' ground?" It baffled the little man for but a brief moment before a smirk drew across his bearded lips. "Hope ye all brought somethin' fer me t'light should we have ta separate." He said turning to the group before heading up to the cave, his axe at the ready. Once at the mouth, he murmured a soft prayer to the Gods to ignite his weapon in a glorious glow before peeking in.

Dragonal01
2012-09-29, 04:08 AM
Baer draws his weapon again, and follows Garris.

Mr Tumnus
2012-09-29, 03:14 PM
After just barely beating the Spot DC... Following the tracks! With one of the "tanks" heading the way

Where's your roll?

Apropos
2012-09-29, 05:39 PM
'Seth' runs his fingers through the soiled dirt then says aloud, "It appears they went that way." then proceeds to lead with whomever else identifies the trail.

After arriving at the cave, Seth's eyes widen upon seeing this display of divine power and whispers, "Incredible," under his breath.

He regains focus quickly and proceeds with bow and arrow ready to be drawn at a moments noticed.

Rolls in OOC

Alchemyst
2012-09-29, 05:42 PM
Where's your roll?

<OoC>In the OoC thread. Did it that way so I could roll, see the results, and make a post according to the results of it here.</OoC>

Infernally Clay
2012-09-29, 08:32 PM
"My hands were spitting fire earlier and you're impressed by a glowing sword?" Callan chuckled, "If bright lights court awe so easily, perhaps this'll get your approval."

Resting his Greatsword on his shoulder as he followed the trackers, Callan cast Light (a cantrip, so there is no cost) to shine the path forward.

gunnar11
2012-09-30, 09:32 AM
Heothran, being a dissappointed by the minds of his companions, comments, a bit angrily: "Really, guys? If there's something in there we might just as well come dancing in with a circus. Please think a bit before you just recklessly cast spells into the dark. I like light but I do not like enemies."
He too could cast light just to impress you, you know?

Infernally Clay
2012-09-30, 02:42 PM
"But that's the point," Callan said, "The giant pillar of smoke, the loud conversations and the bright lights - we're not telegraphing ourselves for the fun of it. We want them to know that we're here - intimidation is one of the best tools for a bounty hunter."

Alchemyst
2012-09-30, 05:36 PM
Garis

"An' besides." The dwarf grunts, "Can ye see in pitch black?"

Mr Tumnus
2012-10-02, 03:57 AM
Perched at the treeline about 100 feet from the cave you begin to hear a low rolling snore. Looking about the area you see that the area surrounding the rocky outcroping seems to have been cleared of trees. The ground in front of the small cave is mostly clear save for the remnants of several fires, black scorch marks staining the stone. It's a little hard to see anything within the cave, while light fills the entire space it looks like there is a lip separating the cave with the ground outside that's blocking your view inside. The game trail you've been following seems to continue south.

http://imageshack.us/a/img163/4288/caves.png

Spot DC 10
You're able to spot several drops of blood on the stone and in the dirt scattered between the trail and the cave.

Listen DC 15
You're able to make out several different undulations in the snoring, telling you that there are several sources.

Apropos
2012-10-02, 07:42 AM
Shhh, Seth says, "Advance quietly, don't make any sudden movements." Spotting the blood on the floor, and hearing the snoring, he knows that whatever killed those men is probably nearby. He'll walk a good distance behind Garis and Callan.

Roll move silently: [roll0]

Alchemyst
2012-10-06, 10:21 PM
Garis

"Ach. I dunno nothin' 'bout bein' quiet." Despite what he said, he still consciously attempted to try and keep his foot falls soft. All the while his eyes and ears were left open and as observant as he could as he moved deeper into the thick of danger and further towards the cave to eventually working inside.

Stealth [roll0]
Spot [roll1]
Listen [roll2]
Oblivious he is, and stealthy he is not!

gunnar11
2012-10-08, 02:19 PM
Heothran will move silently behind them.

"Hey, Garis! Keep quiet!" he whispers to Garis.

Stealth: [roll0]
Spot: [roll1]
Listen: [roll2]

Mr Tumnus
2012-10-08, 10:57 PM
You all hear a loud yawn, a rough gravely voice grates out with seems like a tired drawl "...ya heard that gnorf...?"

Infernally Clay
2012-10-11, 11:23 AM
"Ooh ooh!" Callan hooted, doing his best impression of an owl, "Ooh ooh!"

He then looked at the people following behind him and Garis with a scowl before continuing on the way. The look he gave them all was quite obviously a "shut the hell up".

I'd roll for Stealth and Bluff if I could remember how. :smalltongue:

Mr Tumnus
2012-10-11, 06:46 PM
I'd roll for Stealth and Bluff if I could remember how. :smalltongue:

Not sure what you mean by that? 1d20

Mr Tumnus
2012-10-22, 09:24 PM
Initiative.

Mr Tumnus
2012-10-26, 08:16 PM
Baer Ungart - [roll0]
Finwé Orc-blood - [roll1]
Graward Silentall - [roll2]
Garis Stoneforge - [roll3]
Callan - [roll4]

--Initiative Order--

Garis Stoneforge - 20
Baer Ungart - 18
Finwé Orc-blood - 18
Unknown Enemy 1 - 15
Lylath Korhail - 12
Heothran - 9
Unknown Enemy 2 - 8
Callan - 7
Unknown Ememy 3 - 7
Graward Silentall - 6

(Going to start picking up the pace again, sorry for the lull guys.)

Mr Tumnus
2012-10-27, 05:43 PM
Bump for great justice.

Mr Tumnus
2012-10-31, 03:29 PM
And Again!