PDA

View Full Version : The Bardic Challenge IC

Arranis Thelmos
2012-09-11, 08:56 PM
The morning light shines bright, even as you tread through the forest. Despite its cheerful glow, its contrasted by the noticeable lack of wildlife. As you march onward, an eerie feeling creeps into your demeanor, souring it slightly. You finally make it into a clearing and come upon your destination: a large dirt mound, hardly noticeable if not for the large, delicately carved stone entrance. This underground compound had once been a Dwarven fortress in cheerier days.

As you pry open the door to the crypt a sickening stench gushes out to meet you. An aide stands nearby holding four torches. Grim-faced and silent you all take one from him, light it, and begin walking down into the darkness. It doesn’t take long before you come upon a long stretch of hallway, seemingly barren. You can see that it ends and diverges to the left and right, as evidenced by two faint lights.

The lure of treasure pulls you onward, leading to the choice whether to go left or right.

Map One (https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1E1WURbQ_Olq16UKEJwKYNef_9I2uAppnLB9OOPCepRo/edit)
Combat Tracker (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtiJKg49A1m5dFF5RURiSTI0NDlDN3pfMmliVVBKS lE#gid=0)

Ianfire Archans
2012-09-11, 09:20 PM
Magonna (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=441847) pushes Bad Smith the 20ft she can go, with him as a meat shield. (Sorry Bard) them draws her bow and commands "Go down the hall on the right, I can see more of it."
We wait to see what the other characters do...

Medic!
2012-09-12, 09:43 AM
Krillak

A Dwarven treasure-trove, AH I feel at home a'ready!

Krillak moves up to the right hallway and peers down the passage.

Exsens
2012-09-12, 11:39 AM
"Really, Krillak? I doubt anyone can find this stench homely," stated Ms. noteworthy in disgust but soon added in playful nature "Unless you keep rotten corpses as company." Nudging his arm as she walked past.

She approach the corner to the right hall and stood at near the wall 5ft in. Holding the torch in front of to illuminate her path.

Arranis Thelmos
2012-09-12, 08:06 PM
As Solen approaches the crossways a mist starts to rise from cracks in the floor. It glides smoothly against the dingy floor before slowly rising up and filling out the shape of an ancient looking goblin dressed in rags and feathers.

The mist creature stares at you sullenly; curling it's lip in disgust and calling out in a winy voice, "You-ah dare to enter my tomb? I tell-ah you-ah now to turn back, you no-ah gunna think it be easy! Go back tomb robbers, THUS SPEAKETH GULLAH JACK!

Medic!
2012-09-12, 08:15 PM
Krillak

Krillak strides forward and ***** an eyebrow at Solen, Ha! Ye might be right 'bout that after all! Stand aside ghosty, Dwarf to Dwarf I'll take good care o' yer riches!

Arranis Thelmos
2012-09-12, 08:23 PM
"Oooooohhh, a dwarf eh? Just like the ones who lived here? I remember them well. They were delicious."

Medic!
2012-09-12, 08:30 PM
Krillak

His eyes going wide with understanding, the dwarf spits at the ghostly figure, DWARF EATER! I really WILL take good care of YOUR riches. BEGONE!

Arranis Thelmos
2012-09-12, 08:37 PM
Gullah Jack sneers. "Alrighty then. I'll make my exit." as he dissapates he calls out, "Oh, a word from the wise. Don't take the left passage, it'll kill you for sure."

Exsens
2012-09-12, 11:32 PM
As the goblin form dispates in the darkness with his 'wise words' left lingering in the air, Solen could not hold her back her grin as she spoke.

"What a silly fuc'er," proclaimed Ms. Noteworthy.

"He appears on the path we merely glance at and warns us of the other," the contradiction was too much not to notice and be wary of. She considered testing the depth of the goblins greed by holding a few pieces of gold in its face but Krillak had chased the despicable thing off before having the chance. Instead she formed a new plan with the gold she was so willing to part with.

"Let me to test the waters," she grabbed some gold pieces out of her belt pouch with her free hand and separated them evenly. 5gp were thrown down each path and waited to see the result of her experiment.

[-10gp]

Arranis Thelmos
2012-09-13, 07:37 AM
The coins sparkle with glee as they fly from your hand. The ones landing on the left path fall with gentle plinks. On the right, the coins are suddenly impaled upon an array of blood-stained rusted spikes ejected from the floor.

"Cheaters." Gullah Jack grumbles.

Medic!
2012-09-13, 07:57 AM
Krillak

Thinking that last bit hillarious, the dwarf gufaws loudly and squeezes words through his belly-laughs, It seems....HAHA....that a Party Saved.....GfffftBAHha....is a Penny Spurned!

Arranis Thelmos
2012-09-13, 10:28 PM
As you turn and walk down the left path, Gullah Jack calls out, Just you wait! You'll be sorry!

Exsens
2012-09-14, 12:17 AM
The blonde haired heroine joined in the dwarf's laughter with a few chuckles of her own while walking down the safer path. Feeling the trickles of excitement dance on her the tips of her fingers, as the goblin speaks his threats and promises. ""I much rather see the penny spurned on a glass of ale," in a dwarven tongue, "then a rusty toothpick." Her mouth watered at the mention of a cold beverage. Though the stench occupied her sense of smell and didn't leave much room for pleasurable thoughts.

"Why not buy me a glass back at town, Krillak," pausing to wiggle her fingers at the dwarves feet. "For every time I save those pretty little toes?" proposed the heroine with a grin and a giggle.

Arranis Thelmos
2012-09-14, 08:36 AM
The hall stretches onward, and the stench only increases. As you walk you realize that the halls are sloping downward. Suddenly you come across a set of steep stone stairs that continue the descent. However, a large hole is visible in the stairs, and some of the tiles look displaced.

Ianfire Archans
2012-09-14, 08:27 PM
Magonna chucks a rock at the poorly made trap. "Take that!" Then puts her hands to her mouth and yells "Hey Jack you dirty Goblin, dump your head in a chamber pot!"

PowerGamer
2012-09-19, 08:56 PM
Bard (who hasn't said anything until now) looks at the hole infront of him. "Give me some room, I'm gonna jump it" he says in a voice that is a little shaky. Running foward he jumps...

Jump Check: DC for 10ft horizontal is 10
Roll: [roll0]

---Edit---
As long as there's not traps I easily made it over

Exsens
2012-09-19, 11:46 PM
She watches the bard as he hurls himself across the pit, deciding to follow suite.

"You make it look easy." She states as she ready's herself and runs at full towards the edge. Every vein and muscle pumping blood and heat to her pretty white cheeks, now red. As she readys steps at the edge and pushes forward into the air.

Jump Check: DC 10, +4(spd) -2(str)
[roll0]

Exsens
2012-09-19, 11:56 PM
A misstep, a slight decrease in speed, left her just shy of her goal. Her arms stretched out, hoping to grasp the edge as she falls. Her mind and body screaming in unison against gravity's laws and science. Her excitement was now lost in a vast ocean of desperation in the mere seconds she saw herself dropping before being safe.

Reflex DC: 15 5(RB)
[roll0]

Medic!
2012-09-20, 12:32 AM
Krillak Nicklebeard

Krillak watches the others trying to jump the pit, and decides he'll do the same! But only after he's seen them make it to the other side...

If the others jump the pit and make it to the other side safely, he makes a running jump as well. [roll0] (ugh -7 ACP included in the roll)

I hope Exsens didn't steal my natural 20! FLYING DWARF!?!?!?

Arranis Thelmos
2012-09-21, 07:16 PM
After a quick recovery and grasp of the edge, Ms. Noteworthy is pulled into safety by Bard. Nickelbeard makes it, barely.

Only Magonna remains on the other side, yelling something about a chamber pot.

Ianfire Archans
2012-09-21, 08:28 PM
Jump, jump, jump the annoying obstacle.
[roll0]

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Arranis Thelmos
2012-09-21, 08:38 PM
Holy...

Magonna jumps into the air, feeling that great soaring feeling of freedom. However, she realizes she miscalculated her trajectory and jumped face first into a bat. As she tangled with the creature she realized that she was not flying, but falling. As the bat flew off it seemed to screech mockingly at her. She could only scream as she fell closer towards the set of rusted, bloody spikes arranged in a smiley face towards her. She lands with a sickening splat against them.

Magonna sustains [roll0] damage.

Medic!
2012-09-21, 08:57 PM
Krillak Nicklebeard

BWAHAHAHAHAHA Ye were suppos'ta jump O'ER the pit, not INT'A the pit! Out leaped by a dwarf, 'til make fer a grand epic!

The dwarf retrieves a length of rope from his pack and flings one end down the pit, holding steady on the other end, Ye can climb, or ye can tie yerself off and let me climb fer ye, make yer choice!

Ianfire Archans
2012-09-22, 09:01 AM
Just pull me up ye great lummox! she says, tying herself in the rope. Beam me up.

Medic!
2012-09-22, 12:22 PM
OOC
I think I broke the OOC thread, I can't see anything new in it and it won't update...I put two str checks in it, but on the off chance nobody else can see it either: [roll0] EDIT: So...it's like that huh

Ianfire Archans
2012-09-22, 09:34 PM
Up, up, up the deathly chasm! Roll for climb.
[roll0]
Re-OOCI'm sorry Medic, I can't see your posts.

Exsens
2012-09-23, 07:50 AM
"Let me get my hands around the rope," state noteworthy as she grasped excess of the rope behind the dwarf.

Aid another: +2 to their checks

Arranis Thelmos
2012-09-23, 03:09 PM
Exsens, will you please make a strength check too?

PowerGamer
2012-09-23, 06:24 PM
Decides to help with the rope too.

Str check: [roll0]

Exsens
2012-09-23, 09:06 PM
Once she firmly grips the rope, Solen pulls with as much might she could manage.

Thought I could just choose Aid another to add +2 to their checks as a standard action.
strength check: [roll0]

Arranis Thelmos
2012-09-24, 07:26 AM
With the successful group effort, Magonna is safely hoisted out of the pit.

Before you the hall continues onward nearly another 40 feet. At the end of it lies a broken statue of the Dwarven god Moradin with goblin insults scratched into it. When it was in better condition it seemed to indicate a choice between two passageways, one going left and one going right.

Medic!
2012-09-25, 05:58 AM
Krillak Nickelbeard

Upon seeing the defiled statue, Krillak's arms begin flailing about in the air. He runs in tight circles before the statue moaning and wailing, NOOOO ME KIN! It can't be! STUPID GOBLINS!!! Oooooooo OOOOOOOOO NOOOOOOOO! noooo NOOOOOOO! ME KIN!

After several moments of this, he begins futily wiping at the vandalism with his hand, his beard wet with tears and a rather impressive snot bubble deflating and re-inflating itself below one nostril. I shoulda paid more attention in Bard College...I canna' remember the spell to clean me kin. He abruptly goes back to his running and flailing upon making that admission.

Ianfire Archans
2012-09-28, 08:52 AM
Dwarf up! Magonna spits at Krillak.
Roll for spot to see if there are any enemy's about.
[roll0]

Arranis Thelmos
2012-09-30, 07:06 PM
Magonna's keen eyes notice a shifting on the ceiling. As she looks up she notices two large spiders, at least as large as dogs, hanging above. One seems to glare, foiling their ambush.

Roll for initiative.

PowerGamer
2012-09-30, 07:33 PM
Bard draws his rapier I've got a bad feeling
Init [roll0]

Ianfire Archans
2012-09-30, 08:37 PM
Ah! Ye dirty beasts! feel the pain of death!
Init
[roll0]

Medic!
2012-09-30, 09:40 PM
Either dice will say I'm still running in circles, or the dice will have me spat-upon and fightin'-ready! [roll0]

Exsens
2012-10-01, 12:34 AM
Solen noteworthy reaches for her bow and arrows.
[roll0]

Arranis Thelmos
2012-10-01, 07:32 AM
Spider 1 [roll0]
Spider 2 [roll1]
Initiative:
Krillak
Bard
Solen
Magonna
Spider 2
Spider 1

Medic!
2012-10-01, 10:06 AM
Krillak Nicklebeard

Plan A:
Seeing the spiders lurking above full of menace, Krillak whips out his...whip! He attempts to bring one of the spiders down to bashing-level.

Plan B:
Seeing the spiders perched out of reach of his trusty whip, Krillak draws his shortbow and quickly looses an arrow, hoping to skewer one before it skewers him!

If one of the spiders is within 15ft, move action to draw the whip, standard action for...I guess a trip attempt has the right mechanics? to pull it straight down to the ground. If they are out of whip-range, move action to draw his shortbow and standard to fire at one of them.

[roll0]
[roll1]

or

[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Arranis Thelmos
2012-10-01, 09:53 PM
Krillak's arrow flies true, his shaft landing in the center of it's body. In surprise the creature shrieks and falls to the ground.

Okay, my fault for not mentioning it, but the spiders are 50 feet away.

PowerGamer
2012-10-02, 05:04 AM
Seeing Krillak knock down the first spider, Bard runs over and stabes at it to end it's miserable life

Attack: Keen Rapier
Attack [roll0]
Crit [roll1]
Damage [roll2]
Crit dmg [roll3]

I wasn't sure if it falling meant it was dead or not... so I'm just making sure :P

--EDIT--
No I missed the crit by 2!!

Arranis Thelmos
2012-10-02, 07:28 AM
It squeals sharply, spilling it's life on the floor and expiring.

Ianfire Archans
2012-10-02, 09:19 AM
Magonna Rushes to inspect the bodies.
Roll for search [roll0]
Not again!

Arranis Thelmos
2012-10-02, 08:20 PM
... Ianfire, you realize that there's two of them right? And you went out of initiative too. :smallwink:

Ianfire Archans
2012-10-15, 08:39 PM
Will I be able to find anything on these spiders?

Arranis Thelmos
2012-10-15, 10:35 PM
If you want to provoke an AoO, then by all means. Especially since it's not your turn.