PDA

View Full Version : My wedding today!

Talanic
2012-09-13, 12:18 PM
Five years ago, today, I met a girl at my university's Gaming Society. Within a week, we were dating. It's been a heck of a romance, struggling through unemployment, recession, graduation, and illness.

We decided about a month ago that we were tired of being engaged. We don't have money for a full ceremony. Inviting just the siblings and their families would still be 40+ people, so we've got our parents coming to the courthouse with us.

Our celebration is small in the real world but we're going to have fun regardless. It was her suggestion to me that a honeymoon activity would include the Portal 2 co-op that we didn't get to yet. From there, we found out that the Black Mesa Source mod is released tomorrow, so we'll be playing through the entire Half-Life series (minus Opposing Force, and possibly also minus Blue Side, I think it's called). Also, Avengers is in the cheap seats and Batman is still in theaters.

I'm not stopping in at work but I left behind instructions for the boss to provide pizza. Lastly, my book (check sig if interested) is flagged as free for the day.

We're a little excited. :smallbiggrin:

KingOfLaughter
2012-09-13, 12:33 PM
Congratulations! :smallbiggrin: Hope the next years go as well as the previous, and nice choice in honeymoon activities. :smalltongue:

Zorg
2012-09-13, 01:41 PM
Woo! Congratulations to you both :D

Asta Kask
2012-09-13, 02:09 PM
Congratulations!

Diva De
2012-09-13, 04:29 PM
Congratulations! My husband and I got married last year and decided to go with fun for us. It's going swimmingly, thankee very much.

Again, congrats!

Cuthalion
2012-09-13, 10:25 PM
Very many congratulations! Hope you have a good married life.

Juggling Goth
2012-09-14, 02:34 AM
Congratulations :smallbiggrin:

Scowling Dragon
2012-09-14, 02:55 AM
Yay for finding soulmates! May your unity carry you through years of life.

super dark33
2012-09-14, 03:00 AM
Mazel tov!
A good luck that was indeed!

Elemental
2012-09-14, 03:24 AM
In my opinion, a proper wedding requires getting everyone together and staying up late eating food.
But you can do that some other time.

Congratulations!

Lentrax
2012-09-14, 03:57 AM
Congratulations!

May the Gaming gods smile upon your honeymoon. (And everything to come after as well.)

pendell
2012-09-14, 05:59 AM
Five years ago, today, I met a girl at my university's Gaming Society. Within a week, we were dating. It's been a heck of a romance, struggling through unemployment, recession, graduation, and illness.

We decided about a month ago that we were tired of being engaged. We don't have money for a full ceremony. Inviting just the siblings and their families would still be 40+ people, so we've got our parents coming to the courthouse with us.

Our celebration is small in the real world but we're going to have fun regardless. It was her suggestion to me that a honeymoon activity would include the Portal 2 co-op that we didn't get to yet. From there, we found out that the Black Mesa Source mod is released tomorrow, so we'll be playing through the entire Half-Life series (minus Opposing Force, and possibly also minus Blue Side, I think it's called). Also, Avengers is in the cheap seats and Batman is still in theaters.

I'm not stopping in at work but I left behind instructions for the boss to provide pizza. Lastly, my book (check sig if interested) is flagged as free for the day.

We're a little excited. :smallbiggrin:

Huzzah! *Throws rice*

Respectfully,

Brian P.

Bulldog Psion
2012-09-14, 09:03 AM
Permit me to congratulate you!!!!!! :smallbiggrin:

HUZZAH!!!!!!! :smallcool: :smallcool: :smallcool: :smallcool:

Wyntonian
2012-09-15, 01:35 PM
I offer you the highest of fives, sir. Omedetou! Felicitations!

missmvicious
2012-09-16, 05:42 PM
Awe I hope you have a happy life together!

Knight13
2012-09-17, 09:43 AM
Congratulations!

Haha, Portal 2 and Half Life on the honeymoon, I love it. Geek couples are the best! I hope I can find a girl like that.

Kelb_Panthera
2012-09-17, 09:54 AM
*envious sigh* Makes me wish my old-lady was a gamer.

Congrat's. May you have a long and happy life together. :smallbiggrin:

Melayl
2012-09-17, 03:51 PM
Congratulations!

Worlok
2012-09-17, 06:23 PM
Well, congratulations, to both of you! :smallsmile:

Thes Hunter
2012-09-18, 12:50 AM
Congratulations!!!

And I think having a small wedding now is actually the best choice...

Why do I say that... I'm getting married next Saturday, and my groom has come to understand what I meant when I said "Maybe we should just elope, and save the party for the 5 or 10 year when we can afford it." :smallsmile:

Best wishes to you and yours. And hurray for more geeks finding geek love!