PDA

View Full Version : Sovereign [IC]

falloutimperial
2012-09-15, 01:40 PM
Officially transitioning from Skype to forum posts, here we are on the conflicted Continent.

Recruitment thread:http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=246144

OOC thread:http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13595999#post13595999

Obsidian Portal:http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/sovereigncontinent/wikis/main-page

falloutimperial
2012-09-17, 05:44 AM
Entering the Hotel, you are greeted by the yellowed light from a chandelier as it springs down onto the lobby below. A porter assists a clearly wealthy Kenku onto a pulley system as a concierge checks in a lady and her husband, who are arguing in hushed tones. You see an intense man at one of the tables rifling through some old tomes. A pale Noble speaks politely with a tall Minotaur, whose daughter peeks out from behind him. You also see a young Tiefling lady that Rowan and Chokiux recognize.

Next to you is a noticeably less wealthy Gnoll, whose brown coverings smell slightly. "Beautiful sight, ain't it"

The room is circular, with several doors going in varied directions, a pullley lift, a front desk, and an assortment of fine coffee tables with padded chairs.

Kevin Burns
2012-09-21, 11:13 AM
I approach the Tiefling woman (Laia?)

falloutimperial
2012-09-21, 03:48 PM
Indeed. She turns, seeming uncomfortable in the dark gown that she wears. A spark lights in her memory.

"Rowan.I must admit this is unexpected..." She looks between you and the party. "If I had known the hotel didn't have a dress code, I wouldn't have bothered." Looking around, she watches the rich and influential going about their business in the elegant and slick attire of the upper caste.

Kevin Burns
2012-09-22, 12:57 PM
"Well our gracious host, felt the need to put us up here until our meeting with the captain. Unfortunately we are severely under dressed. You on the other hand look lovely if not uncomfortable. What brings you here."

falloutimperial
2012-09-22, 03:16 PM
"Well..." She smiles and leans in with mock-secrecy. "I have no idea. I think I'm supposed to put some talisman on one of these rich people, I wasn't really clear on that part. But this is a pretty swanky place. There aren't hotels that prepare meals for you in Oriador. I hear that tonights dinner is a sea turtle bisque."

The Kenku in the lift begins to ascend and the Porter walks towards the party. Some of the rich have noticed your entrance, but most continue about their business.

Kevin Burns
2012-09-23, 02:04 PM
"Oh I have another uh question. Do you know why there are no animals here? If you don't know could you look into it and perhaps let me know what you find out if we see each other later." I whisper to her. I turn to the guys and say "How about we find our rooms."

cyblazegk
2012-09-23, 02:42 PM
"Sounds alright," Chokioux says.

falloutimperial
2012-09-24, 05:15 AM
"Hmm. I'll see what I can do." Laia departs. The porter reaches you. He is a tall, shaved human wearing a red uniform.

"You'll be the new arrivals?" He asks, looking at you past his nose. "eFollow me." Without waiting for a reply, he begins moving towards the lift.

Kevin Burns
2012-09-24, 09:31 AM
I follow him

falloutimperial
2012-09-26, 05:55 AM
As he leads you to the lift, Rowan and Chokioux notice that he walks with a slight limp.

After you are all in the lift, the closes the wire-cage front and pulls a basic lever until it rests on the symbol "XIII". the lift lurches upward and later comes to a stop.

"Your rooms are just ahead on the left." He says unenthusiastically. He tosses each of you a battered key, each with a different number on it: 1341, 1342, and 1343.

Kevin Burns
2012-09-26, 03:26 PM
I nod to the guys . "Uh, you guys want to meet up later to discuss our game plan after we get settled in." Then I go into my room.

falloutimperial
2012-09-27, 05:08 AM
A medium sized bed, with accompanying lamp and a small desk occupy a room that succeeds in being both ritzy and slightly dirty. There is an empty, open wardrobe, and a pretty, pretty picture.

cyblazegk
2012-09-28, 06:59 PM
Chokioux winds down and starts to relax once he enters his room, stroking his familiar's head as he lies down on the bed.

falloutimperial
2012-09-29, 08:37 AM
Slipped under both of your doors, one a few seconds after the other, is a note written on stationary bearing a watermark of the hotel.

"Dinner will be served at 6:30. Cocktails in the main parlor at 7:15."

It is currently 4:07

Kevin Burns
2012-09-30, 05:05 PM
I try to squeeze in a quick nap.

falloutimperial
2012-10-02, 05:41 PM
As you dream of masks and malcontents, you find the rare pleasure of a fine bed.

It is now 6:20. You awaken to the sound of the lift lurching pat your floor.

Kevin Burns
2012-10-06, 06:39 AM
I go to the rooms of the others to see if they are hungry.
"Dinner?"

cyblazegk
2012-10-06, 08:12 PM
"You bet. Let's eat."

Kevin Burns
2012-10-07, 01:15 AM
"Ok, lets see if the others are ready to eat" Checks to see if others are ready.

falloutimperial
2012-10-07, 09:39 AM
After taking the lift down, you find your way to the dining hall, a large room with several large paintings of landscapes, an old blackened wooden table, and many padded chairs. Chandeliers warmly light the room, and cables hold them up before returning to hatches on the walls.

Sitting around the table are the menagerie you saw earlier. Only the haggard gnoll has started eating. The intense man from earlier adjusts his spectacles as he continues his conversation with Laia, seated next to him.

"But surely, in such a dangerous time, intervention in Widerstreitian expansion would weaken the nations' dangerously? Surely as a Oriadorian-"

She cuts him off. "Oriador understands that we are people first, our nation second."

There are two seats open to her right, one across the table, and an empty one near the head of the table at the opposite end.

Kevin Burns
2012-10-07, 05:56 PM
I approach the seat to her right "I hope I am not interrupting but may I(we) join you?"

falloutimperial
2012-10-08, 06:01 AM
"Of course, Sar Rowan." she smirks.

The bellhop enters from the same door you came in carry the bloody body of the Kenku guest you saw in the lobby. Rowan can perceive his neck is snapped.

"Something has happened." The bellhop sobs. He looks wildly around the room as many guests recoil from him.

Kevin Burns
2012-10-08, 10:10 AM
"That can't be good, do either of you know who that was?" I say as I watch the passing body. "I wonder what happened"