PDA

View Full Version : Calibas

Raazan
2012-09-15, 02:19 PM
I have moved this thread here, where it belongs.
here is the original post

I have been working on a new roleplaying game system for some time. although it is still in progress, I am creating this thread so that I can recieve ideas from the numerous role-players on these forums. eventually, I hope to post the full rules (currently in Microsoft Word format) on these forums or on a theoretical website (any help on this would be greatly appreciated). lets start with a summary of the rules.

the system uses only d6s, which are roled using the "doubles add and roll over" mechanic. for those who are not familar with the mechanic, here is a basic description of how it works.
when you roll 2 or more d6s, and you get 2 of the same number (2 6s, 2 4s, etc.) you pick them up and roll again. if you are rolling more than 2 dice, the doubles essentially become a separate roll which is added to the main roll (example: if you roll 3 dice and get 2 5s and a 6, you would reroll the 5s. lets say you got a 4 and a 6. this would add up to 26. you DO NOT reroll the 2 new sixes, as they are essentially from separate rolls) if the reroll comes up doubles, roll the dice again until you roll something other than doubles. there is no such thing as a triple (if you get 3 6s, pick 2 sixes and roll them again, you do not reroll all 3 sixes) or a quadruple (if you get four 6s, divide them into 2 pairs and roll again, as separate pairs). this means that a die averages 4 or 5, and 2 1s are better than a 1 and a 2. (note: some rolls may not use the "doubles add and roll over" machanic. these will be marked with NDA which stands for "Non Doubles Add")

their are 15 attributes (which will be discussed later) divided into three categories. different races multiply these by different amounts. these are numbers. abilities, on the other hand, represent a number of dice. for instance Dexterity 25 means that you add 25 to any roll which uses Dex, whereas Swordsmanship 10 means roll 10 dice using the doubles add and roll over mechanic and add to whatever attribute you are rolling with (usually Dex). so Dexterity + Swordsmanship means, in this case (using the numbers mentioned earlier), roll 10 dice (Swordsmanship) and add 25 (Dexterity). this is an attack roll with a melee weapon. (wether it hits or not will be discussed in a later post.)

the races vary from humans to vampires to dragons, but their needs to be a way to balance it. enter Player points. all players have an equal number of player points. they can spend these on a more powerful race (aka dragons or vampires) or use them to increase the power of a less powerful race. this brings rather nicely to experience. experience is gained by overcoming obstacles, wether by dipliomacy, avoiding them alltogether, or simple combat. this can spent to increase attributes, abilities, or the give them a level in an art.

arts represent the training that a character has undergone. each level in an art gives you talent points (very video-gamey, but it works) which can be spent to unlock new powers (the equivelent of spells or maneuvers), level up old ones (their is no auto-scaling mechanic), or give them passive bonuses (which can also be leveled up). the precise talent trees and number of talent points is still under construction.

limits are different in calibas. a mage can wear plate armor, but they will suffer a penalty to their spellcasting. however, they can invest talent points in a passive bonus which allows them to wear heavy armour with no penalty, but that means sacrificing a point which could have gone to a spell. a similar give and take mechanic is built in to the whole system. increasing an art means your not increasing an attribute or ability, and thus you aren't as likely to hit anything if you only increase arts. increasing an atttribute means that you don't have the powers or hit points of someone who increased an art, and so on and so forth. it requires a bit more thought about what you are doing than d&d, because in d&d the decisions are entirely based on your level, but in this system, yoour level is yet another decision.

using powers requires an expenditure of Resources (Mana for Mages, Chi for Fighters, and so on) these regenerate over time, but you still have to ration it. the maximum resource you have to spend is based on an attribute, added to an ability (which is not rolled) and the total is multiplied by your level in an art.

that about does it for the rules. see the next post for the setting. please post about your opinions, thoughts and ideas.

P.S. please don't mention my grammar. it's not that i'm bad at english, it's simply that I am to lazy to check everything right now. I might fix it later I might not.

and here is the second post

now for the story.

When Humanity was young, Magic already filled the world. Dragons walked and flew. intelligent spiders the size of horses crawled through the Forests and Caves. Spirits and Elementals drew power from nature. and powerful sentient beasts had learned to grow in size when needed. Humans revered these creatures, and they, in turn, respected and nurtured humanity. some spirits of nature took on human shape and became the fey (elves, Trolls, Goblins, etc). the Beasts learned how to take on the shape of man and became the Therianthropes, werecreatures. powerful mages from across the stars came and interbred with humans, creating family lines of powerful spellshapers. Dragons tought the Humans how to record their stories in pictures and words. Elementals showed them how even the simplest human could harness the elements of magic with the proper training. but, in the shadows of the spirit world, a darkness grew.

Born of the Seven Deadly Sins of humanity, the Demons arose. they attacked, but they could not stand agaainst the forces of good. united, the inhabitants of the world cast them down. some of the demons saw virtue in humanity, and arose to became the Angelics. representing the Seven Heavenly Virtues, they fought a long and hard war with the Demons. it ended in a tie. the demons watched and waited as the world changed.

Empires rose and fell. champions of righteousness fought the forces of darkness. but not all where so righteous. in the shadows the hearts of men festered, but this was not what interested the demons. what interested them were the others. elf, dragon, werewolf and elemental, thay all had darkness in their hearts. most fought against it, but some did not. werewolves went mad and slaughtered villages. vampires lost control of their hunger and fed on mankind. dragons fell to greed and pride. but humanity remembered that most of their fellow creatures where kind and just, and so trusted them. the demons thought of a plan.

from the most cunning and decietful of their kind, they forged the Demoniacs. demons who looked like men, or dragons, or others. they stole the powers of those they imitated, and brought themselves to earth. suddenly tales of evil dragons and manipulative vampires skyrocketeted. the common people lived in fear. the Dark ages had begun.

for a thousand years the Demoniacs brought chaos and evil to the world. the nobility tried to ask the courts of Fey and others what was happening. eventually, a demoniac was swayed to the forces of good, becoming the first angelical. he revealed the demons plot, but he did not know how to stop it. they could not be hunted down, as they were almost indistingiushible from normal members of the species they chose. they could not be driven back, as the demons could always make more. it seemed that all that was good and pure in the world would be snuffed out.

then, the leaders of Europe, Africa, and Asia met with the leaders of the magical world and formed a plan. all the creatures of magic would go into hiding. magical knowledge would be suppressed. and humanity would find its own path until it was deemed ready to see the world yet again.

many things happened between that day and now but most are inconsequential (the conference marks the end of the Dark Ages, aproxiamately. how close this part of the story sticks to real history is entirely up to you, the following is simply my version of the events) new lands were discovered, and the pact was brought to them. 2 world wars occured, both of which were fought between the forces of evil and the forces of good, with magical creatures fighting on both sides. the secret and the pact that went with it were passed down through generations of leaders. some things changed, others stayed the same.

in the year 2012 (our calender), the world stood on the brink of destruction. in the months leading up to the end of the year, things looked grim. but, on December 1st, 2012, a great leader (whose name, origin, and details are entirelyy up to you, it could even have been a collaberation of many great leaders working in concert) arose and began changing everything. within 20 days he had solved almost all of the problems facing the world. those he hadn't solved, he had put plans in motion to solve within a matter of years. and so it was that, on December 21st, 2012, the creatures of magic reemerged, and the world changed.

the baseline story is set 18 years after this event. by now, the political and social climate has mostly adjusted to it. many people will remember a time when their weren't Werewolves in the police force and ghosts acting as lawyers for the dead. there are still people who oppose the change, and others who don't fully comprehend it all. magic is still impressive to many people, and there are still new tidbits of information coming to light. it is a good point for writing new stories. of course any of the information in this post is optional if you don't like it. this is just what I'm using for my current campaign.

to reiterate, please examine this and post your opinions (the original thread was ignored).

IW Judicator
2012-09-15, 10:25 PM
For the moment I will restrict myself to the actual rule set:

1. My first and most immediate concern is the sheer number of dice that will be needed for basic rolls. While it is certainly different from a lot of what is out there, it becomes cumbersome to roll that many dice at the same time. Assuming you have enough dice in the first place, holding that many can be difficult and the resulting roll will see dice going all over the table, across the room and into unreachable places (to say nothing of the time it will take to add up your roll). This is only further complicated by the "Add Doubles and Roll Again" Rule, as with your example of 10 dice we're looking at a basic roll that shouldn't have too much difficulty sailing past 50 or more, putting the game firmly in the "High Numbers Territory". (Not that there's anything specifically wrong with that if it is your intent to build a High Numbers System; I'm not particularly fond of them but then there are certainly people who like them).

2. I'm sure you have your reasoning, but 15 attributes seems like a lot to me. I think it will bog down the system, making character creation slower and cross referencing a character's stats that much more difficult. If you're looking to divide them into 3 distinct categories perhaps you might drop it to 12 (which is still a little unwieldy but that much more manageable). Otherwise, I'd need to see some more concrete information on the attributes before offering further advice.

3. I do like that it's effectively point buy for character creation. That, theoretically, should keep the party fairly balanced (starting out at least, assuming all other factors turn out roughly equal). On that note, I want to caution you to be absolutely sure the attribute multiplier system can't be too badly abused (or favors one race that much more than another, something I saw in I think it was 5th Edition Tunnels and Trolls; Dwarves, numerically, were far superior to any other starting race for any role, with the possible exception of Lycanthrope Humans, because of their multipliers and the way the system worked). I think that assigning a flat numeric bonus to X attribute(s) (+1, +2, -1, -2, etc) would help keep things a little more balanced and cut down on the actual number work the players would have to do.

4. You should elaborate on the "yoour level is yet another decision" concept. How exactly does a character's level affect how effective they are in the game? Is it something trivial, something that should be sought first, something that you want to take once in a while? Does it grant an all around bonus or does it strengthen you where you are strong/weak/based on race?

5. Do you intend to create a spell template for players to create their own spells, simply put out a list/tree of spells that you decided on or a mixture of both? And how will they be balanced to allow non-magic users to keep pace (short of granting non-magic users obscenely powerful talents)?

These are just some of my more immediate thoughts. I'll post more once you've reviewed them.

Raazan
2012-09-16, 05:58 PM
in response to the last post.
this is definately a high numbers game. hit points can reach the thousands. keep in mind that this was designed by a math genius (me) so the numbers can get a little complicated. I know that the system may seem bulky, but on the other hand, it is designed to be balanced. levels in the arts directly affect several factors, including: hit points, maximum ranks in abilities, and powers. it is something that should be taken once in a while, because if you don't keep your attributes and abilities up, your energy won't keep up, and you won't be able to hit the broad-side of a barn. it's something which should be maintained. I was planning to start the powers with pre-built talent trees, and then add a system for building your own spells, passives, and bonuses. there are no "non-magic users here, fighters get "Maneuvers" Roques get "Exploits" and so on. these abilities are used like spells, and they cost resource (fighters get chi or rage, mages get mana or power etc) in the same way. the idea behind that system is to allow a pair of fighters using brawl (hand-to-hand/martial arts) to do nearly anything a pair of martial arts characters (anyone played by Bruce Lee, Jackie Chan, Jet Li, etc) in a movie, and the same goes for every other art and specialization.
here is the list of attributes
Physical
Strength – physical lifting power and melee damage
Dexterity – accuracy and skill at delicate finger work
Agility – quickness on the draw, ability to dodge
Stamina – toughness and endurance
Speed – how fast you can move

Social
Charisma – social skills, ability to impress
Manipulation – ability to convince people to do what you want
Appearance – how you look
Luck – how likely things are to go your way (more on this later)
Empathy – ability to detect other people’s feelings, how well you coordinate with others

Mental
Perception – how good you are at noticing things
Intelligence – logical thinking over time
Wits – quick thinking
Visualization – ability to imagine and see things in your head, used in mental combat and to summon things
Willpower – mental fortitude, strength of will

and some of the reasons
Dexterity from d&d and numerous other games was split in three to represent varied aspects. someone who is good at aiming a gun or picking a lock is not neccesarily fast or good at dodging their opponents.
Charisma was split along several aspects (a dragon is very charismatic and manipulative but not neccesarily good looking)
Luck was added to represent subconscious manipulation of the universe. I have plans for rerolling dice, rolls to see if the boulder falls on you and numerous others.
the mental system is based mostly on WOD, with some modification of my own.
I have played D&D 3.5, WOD, Champions, and a game my father created based on Tunnels and Trolls. all of them had their good points and their bad points, and I wanted to create a system that worked. this system has worked fine for the people who have played it so far (me and my family, a group of rapid gamers) and I am trying to see if it will work outside this small group of people.
P.S. yes, it uses lots of dice (up to 25) but it uses only d6s, and it is easy once you get the hang of it.
P.P.S. and yes it can take a while to add up the numbers, but while your doing that, other people can discuss strategy, figure out their moves and so on. d&d takes forever unless you have every spell, feat, item, and stat memorized down to the footnotes (I know this because I am the DM of a low-level d&d campaign, and it takes forever to look through the spell lists, find them in the books, and figure out if the enemy is immune to them).

IW Judicator
2012-09-16, 08:49 PM
The next set of questions:

1. Will there be several different forms of experience or just one?

2. Roughly how much influence are you planning to put on luck? Is it a good idea to have just some due to a prohibitive cost or is it better to have a lot (to the stagnation of other skills)?

3. Will each skill, attribute, art, etc have the same incremental cost for the next level of effectiveness or will they have their own unique costs based on relative effectiveness?

4. How will starting wealth be determined in the build up?

5. Is this a system that includes Psionics, either as a basic build line or as an expansion?

6. Just to confirm: are there or are there not classes? If so, what sort of impact will that have on...pretty much everything? That is, how much influence on powers/abilities/etc will that have?

7. Is there a hard limit to the level of Attribute/Art/Power/Etc that someone can have at any point (including an absolute limit that cannot be exceeded, either minimum or maximum)?

8. How many races do you intend to make available for play? And how many 'tiers' (if you will) are you planning on using for them?

I've played D&D 3.5, Pathfinder, RIFTS, Tunnels and Trolls, Rogue Trader, Dark Heresy, and a friend's home-brew that I'm now co-creator of. I've also examined the rulesets of others such as TOON, The Game That Shall Not be Named (out of morbid curiosity), Exalted and the fan-based Pokemon Table Top Roleplaying Game. I've only been playing TTRPGs for 4-5 years, but have played quite extensively during that time.

That's all for now.

Djinn_in_Tonic
2012-09-16, 11:26 PM
in response to the last post.
this is definately a high numbers game. hit points can reach the thousands. keep in mind that this was designed by a math genius (me) so the numbers can get a little complicated. I know that the system may seem bulky, but on the other hand, it is designed to be balanced.

I can comment more when I have a device other than a phone to post on, but I question the design decision to have a high re-roll system with additive results, match checking, AND exploding dice. 10 dice is already asking for multiple addition processes, and exacerbating that by asking for pair checking and re-rolling multiple times will drag gameplay to a crawl. Doubly so if there are ever multiple rolls each round, or opposed checks.

Your point that D&D can take a long time is valid, but D&D is a very rules-heavy game, and thus has a high burden of knowledge. After playing a character for a while, it actually becomes a rather fast system due to the simplicity of task resolution. Your system, as proposed, remains time-consuming at all levels of play, which is in inviting and ultimately detrimental to standard play at a game table.

The system will also be inherently imbalanced, because it explodes in two directions at the same time. Usually balance is maintained by diminishing returns or flat gain. Your system does the opposite: each extra die increases my chance of exploding pairs (die to adding another potential match), while ALSO increasing the base number of dice, and thus the base result. Specialization becomes unbeatable. This might balance out eventually, but I fear the cut-off point will be higher than is reasonable.

In short, your core system, while mathematically simple (only matching plus addition), is overly convoluted for the standard game table (which likes quick resolution), and does not preserve a good balance over any gap in character skill, due to the explosive returns from additional skill dice. Further, your DC range for skills must scale extremely oddly to account for the range of possible results (making it hard to DM adjudicate DCs on the fly), and dealing with hit points on the thousands is an unnecessary burden to players...even those good at math.

A game should only be as complicated as it NEEDS to be. What do you feel you gain from this complexity? As someone deeply interested (and fairly well versed) in system design, I'd love it if you could enlighten me.

Edit: Another key issue is the inability of most players to calculate the probability of this system on the fly (or even at all), making it hard to even approximate your character's chances of success on a given task. Not good for a system: players should be able to at least approximately estimate their chances at any given time.

Random Comment: I rarely realize how in-depth my citique tends to be until I realize how much I type up when using the damn iPhone keyboard, thinking I'm writing a shorter-than-usual post. The sad thing is that, for a system critique post of mine, this IS short.

Raazan
2012-09-18, 10:09 PM
The next set of questions:

1. Will there be several different forms of experience or just one?

2. Roughly how much influence are you planning to put on luck? Is it a good idea to have just some due to a prohibitive cost or is it better to have a lot (to the stagnation of other skills)?

3. Will each skill, attribute, art, etc have the same incremental cost for the next level of effectiveness or will they have their own unique costs based on relative effectiveness?

4. How will starting wealth be determined in the build up?

5. Is this a system that includes Psionics, either as a basic build line or as an expansion?

6. Just to confirm: are there or are there not classes? If so, what sort of impact will that have on...pretty much everything? That is, how much influence on powers/abilities/etc will that have?

7. Is there a hard limit to the level of Attribute/Art/Power/Etc that someone can have at any point (including an absolute limit that cannot be exceeded, either minimum or maximum)?

8. How many races do you intend to make available for play? And how many 'tiers' (if you will) are you planning on using for them?

I've played D&D 3.5, Pathfinder, RIFTS, Tunnels and Trolls, Rogue Trader, Dark Heresy, and a friend's home-brew that I'm now co-creator of. I've also examined the rulesets of others such as TOON, The Game That Shall Not be Named (out of morbid curiosity), Exalted and the fan-based Pokemon Table Top Roleplaying Game. I've only been playing TTRPGs for 4-5 years, but have played quite extensively during that time.

That's all for now.

1. Just one form of experience.
2. luck will provide a "pool" (their will be separate pools for Willpower and Stamina) which allows you to do things such as: reroll your dice; make an enemy reroll their dice; use luck instead of Stength/Dexterity/Intelligence/etc. but powers can be used more often and provide powerful effects, this is just a tool to help characters in a pinch.
3. same cost, but it will increase the higher you go (increasing Brawl from 2 to 3 cost less than increasing it from 10-11, which also counterbalances the "double increase" effect Djinn in a Bottle mentioned).
4. haven't decided on that yet, but I have some ideas in the works.
5. My plan is to leave the source of magic open. one person might call magic "Psionics" another guy calls it "Sorcery" and a third guy calls it "Wizardry". they all work the same (although i am thinking of adding limitations based on how the character thinks it works) as far as game mechanics go.
6. "Arts" are training in a general area (Fighting is anything from martial arts to berserk to sniping, Magic is very broad). "Classes" are basically Calibas prestige classes. a fighter gets lots of points to throw in various abilities. a Monk (theoretical martial artist class) gets fewer points, meaning less flexibility, but they get preset class features to improve their fighting style, and are better hand-to-hand fighters than a fighter using brawl, but they lack flexibility when compared to said fighter.
7. abilities (D&d called them "Skills") have a limit based on your character level and which arts those levels are in, the rest is still undecided.
8. I have lots of races, ranging from halflings to werewolves to dragons. but this is integrated into the Player points system. more powerful races (dragons, vampires, etc) cost Player points, so if the GM (not many dungeons here to be master of) is running a high powered game, lets say 100 player points above the basic start, than one guy could play a dragon, but everyone else gets more levels, more attributes, maybe even more equipment (haven't decided quite yet), because (for the sake of the arguement) they are playing the base races (which currently include werewolves, they might be moved later).
keep in mind that this is a work in progress, which I have but here because I want the opinions of seasoned gamers, as opposed to my family which consist of 1.5 seasoned gamers (1 seasoned gamer and one who has played a lot of games, but doesn't really understand half of them) and 2 amateurs. any specifics (exp cost, player points cost, ettc.) and even some more general ideas are subject to change. half the stuff isn't even written. I only have a vague idea of how powers work in specific. maybe I'll drop doubles add, but that doesn't seem likely as the people in my family are able to add these up just fine (maybe you need to be used to it).

Djinn_in_Tonic
2012-09-18, 11:00 PM
3. same cost, but it will increase the higher you go (increasing Brawl from 2 to 3 cost less than increasing it from 10-11, which also counterbalances the "double increase" effect Djinn in a Bottle mentioned).

It's Djinn in TONIC, actually. :smallbiggrin:

But the increasing cost doesn't solve the issue: most point buy systems use increasing cost even with single increase. The problem is that the double increase effect basically means that specialization is a surefire way to win. Specialization will ALWAYS trump a wide range of less specific options, because the less specialized character is punished twofold for every point he is below his opponent.

keep in mind that this is a work in progress, which I have but here because I want the opinions of seasoned gamers, as opposed to my family which consist of 1.5 seasoned gamers (1 seasoned gamer and one who has played a lot of games, but doesn't really understand half of them) and 2 amateurs. any specifics (exp cost, player points cost, ettc.) and even some more general ideas are subject to change. half the stuff isn't even written. I only have a vague idea of how powers work in specific. maybe I'll drop doubles add, but that doesn't seem likely as the people in my family are able to add these up just fine (maybe you need to be used to it).

The math isn't the problem. Most gamers can do addition easily. It's the volume of the math (the sheer amount of numbers) coupled with the timesink of rolling.

I ran a few tests. I only used ten dice, which is less than half of the theoretical maximum of 25 (meaning ten is more than reasonable for an average character). I performed 10 rolls, and will give you the outliers of time, and number. Note that these are separate instances: the time is the time for just the matching and re-rolling, and the number is the total number of dice rolled.

Time: Max - 21.5 seconds. Min - 15.4 seconds. Average: 17.44 seconds.

Number of Dice: Min - 16. Max - 34. Average: 25.66 total dice rolled.

Then I did three cases of adding + rolling. I'm not a savant at rapid addition of multiple numbers, but I have a good head for numbers, quick matching skills (so I can assemble sets of 5 or 10 in my head quickly), and have a lot of gaming experience. I'm at least as fast as your average gamer.

Here are the times, and the total result. Remember: 10 dice.

Case 1: 39.9 seconds. Result was 59.
Case 2: 40.6 seconds. Result was 88.
Case 3: 1 minutes 33.6 seconds. Result was 179.

This means that you have at least 30 seconds taken up with every single roll made, and that's with just 10 dice. Your results can vary dramatically, so predicting the outcome is basically impossible (especially since 1s reroll just like 6s, so even the chance of getting rerolls can't give you a good estimate).

For reference? The same roll in D&D (with 5 double-digit roll modifiers spit out of a random number generator) took 7.5 seconds to get the total result. It will get fast as a player becomes more comfortable with his or her bonuses, and 5 separate modifiers is an extreme rarity for D&D. A similar 10-dice World of Darkness roll took all of 5.5 seconds to resolve.

So we're looking at a 5-7 fold minimum increase on time to resolve dice rolls, assuming you have an only moderately high amount of dice for the system, assuming you're good at matching and mental math, and assuming you have enough dice to roll them as one set. For each of those criteria a player doesn't meet, the time increases.

So adding isn't the issue. The issue is general complexity, and total workload. I'm positive that, although this might work for your family, the vast majority of players will not enjoy a system with this much time involved in a simple task resolution, especially when predicting a result is basically impossible, and even more so when there doesn't seem to be a good reason to HAVE such complexity.

Why did you make this system decision? Why is this resolution mechanic, in your mind, worth the time it takes to implement at the game table?

Edit: As a heads up, an experiment with 15 dice took me 53 seconds merely to match and roll the dice to the end of the iteration. I felt a bit slow this time around, so this number might be a bit higher than it should be...but still. That amount of time for mere rolling in incredibly high.

Raazan
2012-09-19, 07:32 PM
@Djinn and Tonic
maybe I will drop the DA mechanic. now that I think about it, I only really put it in their because that was the system my dad used. it would probably work better to simply roll straight up. come to think of it, this would solve many problems. and in response to earlier comments on imbalance in the multiplier system, I would like to point something out. I will start with an example.
Troll
Attribute Modifier Bonuses and Penalties: *5/2 Strength, *3/4 Dexterity, *3/4 Agility, *3 Sta, *1/2 Appearance, *1/2 Intelligence, *1 everything else
while it might appear that a troll is overly powerful, that only applies if he is a fighter type character. the penalties to Intelligence, Dexterity, and agiility mean that he will be hit more often, he will hit less often, and he isn't very bright. a fighter type character will even have some problems, as he'll have to invest in Dexterity just to hit with his powers. a mage or rogue type character is going to suffer considerably. this points out pretty clearly how trolls are balanced. They excel at one thing (getting hit) and they are slightly better at another thing (hitting back) but they suffer anywhere else. humans, on the other hand, get to choose how to distribute their multipliers (to a certain extent) and gain experience faster. in my current campaign, my father is playing a human fighter in a group that is almost all magical creatures. because of his bonuses, he can take on a werewolf in close combat. and win. i was going to post the stuff on the rest of the races here, but my computer seems to be broken.

Djinn_in_Tonic
2012-09-19, 07:44 PM
@Djinn and Tonic
maybe I will drop the DA mechanic. now that I think about it, I only really put it in their because that was the system my dad used. it would probably work better to simply roll straight up. come to think of it, this would solve many problems.

Alright...this still begs a question though. What does the system lend to gameplay? D&D uses d20 to allow for a simple conflict resolution with a wide spectrum of results that can be determined quickly, and can create moments of great success or great failure (the odds of a 10 or 11 are as high as those of a 1 or 20). FATE uses a VERY simply system so that the system doesn't eclipse the story. Deadlands uses playing cards, and a system of dice pools that can give a gritty feeling (success is often hard), while exploding dice can allow for spectacular saves. World of Darkness uses one that reflects it's Dot system for attributes, is easy to pick up (each die is either a success or failure), and allows for swing situations while favoring the average result.

What does this d6-based system add to gameplay? If you can't answer that, your core resolution mechanic might be misplaced. You want the game to interact strongly with the resolution mechanic.

Raazan
2012-09-19, 07:45 PM
Abilities
Abilities
Latent: these Abilities are inherent to every living thing. Anyone can give them a try.

Athletics: used for tumbling, jumping, and other, similar activities
Self-Control: used for will saves, pushing yourself and any other general willpower based activity.
Dodge: used to dodge an opponent’s attack, and helps to determine your defense when not actively dodging.
Survival: used the same way as d&d.
Subterfuge: deception, hiding your feelings, etc.
Alertness: used with perception to determine how aware you are of your surroundings
Climb: exactly what it says on the tin.
Swim: no explanation needed.
Brawl: Hand-to-hand combat. Used to hit, also determines your damage with your hands (natural weapons add dice to that damage)
Toughness: used for hit points and resisting poison.
( ): this is where you write your races unique talent, explained in the races section.

Skills: these are relatively simple to learn but hard to master. Most people, even those without formal training in them, will know a bit of them, perhaps through exposure.

Swordsmanship: skill with melee weapons. Used to hit with swords, maces, etc.
Archery: skill with bows. Because of the difficulty of creating magical firearms, this is a common skill among those using bows. Also determines accuracy with wands.
Firearms: skill with guns. Since Magi (aliens with magical powers) have been using laser beams and Gatling guns since before humanity evolved, this is quite an old skill.
Drive: how well you drive. This is beyond ordinary Joe driving. This is NASCAR driving. Or maybe combat driving (has your character every driven a military jeep through a war zone)
Abjuration: defensive magic.
Psychic: mental magic.
Stealth: sneaking. How well can you hide from your enemies.
Evocation: offensive magic.
Craft: used to make or fix things (essential to Artificers).
Sorcery: the magical grab-bag, anything from telekinesis to polymorph.
Tactics: used to perform cooperative maneuvers with your allies (flank, distract, etc.).

Knowledges: if you haven’t studied, you can’t use them, plain and simple.

Religious: knowledge of mythology and religious practices.
Health: medical knowledge. Used to provide first aid.
History: past events and important tidbits
Magical Creatures: people who have studied this can tell a troll from an ogre.
Non-magical Creatures: can you tell a frog from a toad. Can be substituted for Magical Creatures Knowledge with a penalty.
Computers: can you hack. Then use this.
Engineering: practical science. How a car works, how to construct a strong building.
Law: the ins and outs of legal process. Lawyers need this.
Science: biology, chemistry, etc.
Investigation: clues are useless unless you know what they mean. That’s what this is for.
Magic: can you identify that spell? How about that one? That one?

Raazan
2012-09-19, 07:46 PM
and a basic overview of how arts work
Arts
What are arts?
Arts represent training and practice in a group of abilities and powers. It cost five points to gain a level in an art. Your level in the various arts helps determine your hit points, resources, maximum in the various abilities, and what powers you can use. They also determine what statistics are important to you. As you gain levels in the arts, your options will expand, and your character will gain definition. Base your choices on what kind of character you would like to play.
How do they work?
Each level in an art cost 10 points. Arts have several important statistics. Each art has a multiplier of ½, ¾, or 1 for hit points, and another one for mana. To determine your hit point (or mana) multiple, multiply your levels in an art by this number and add it to all your other multipliers. This multiplier will increase as you gain levels, improving both your hit points and your resource. Each art also has a multiplier (½, ¾, or 1) for each ability. To determine your maximum in an ability, determine the multiple for it in the same way as you would for hit points or mana, using the multipliers for the ability, and add 5. This is the maximum ability level in this ability. This will increase as you gain levels.
What are power trees?
Power trees are tiered lists which allow you to customize your character. Each ability has several levels. In order to unlock higher-tier powers, you need to unlock the tier by spending 10 points in a lower tier. Some powers also require certain other powers as prerequisites. There are three types of powers.
Active powers: abilities which must be activated. These include spells, maneuvers, and so on. They have a resource cost and an activation time. They can include special attacks, defenses, or utility abilities. a mage who cast a fireball is using an active power.
Passive powers: Abilities which do not require activation. These include stances, auras, and so on. These do not require resource, but they do require a passive slot. passive slots are limited by the level of the art and the art itself. For instance, with levels in divine can have one, and only one, aura at a time, but in return it affects every ally within its radius. An artificer, on the other hand, can use one enchantment per item, but he has more limited enchantments available.
Passive Bonuses: these are more complicated: the name does not change based on the art it is based on. These bonuses add to attributes or abilities, or might provide some other benefit (increased resource, better resistances, better saves.
What are Roles?
Roles are descriptions of what each character does in a party. As characters can have many specializations and many different powers used for many different Roles, the best estimate of a characters preferred role is generally based on where MOST of their power points have been invested. A character who has invested heavily in four different aspects, one of which is Defender but THREE of which are Striker, then she is most likely a striker. The roles are as follows.
Striker: dealing most of the damage, a striker is slightly fragile (usually) but is fully capable of killing almost anything.
Defender: the opposite of a Striker, the Defender takes the enemies hits. Generally wearing mail or plate armor, although they sometimes wear lighter armor, Defenders can take almost any hit.
Supporter: these characters tend to be weak on their own, but when they join a party, they become much more dangerous. Most of their abilities heal or enhance their allies and themselves.
Controller: the opposite of the Supporter, the Controller keeps additional enemies out of the fight. The might attack many foes at once with large area of effect abilities. they might weaken enemies with debuffs. Whatever they do, they allow their allies to focus on one foe at a time. Against a single foe, they weaken they enemy or take on the role of a secondary striker.
You will notice that these are all combat roles. Some specializations focus explicitly in noncombat abilities, but this is rare. Most noncombat benefits come from the universal power tree.
Specializations
For every five levels in an art you may choose a specialization in that art. Each specialization gives an extra five power points in the aspect, a special ability, and an extra die to all rolls related to the aspect (see aspects for associated actions). If you elect not to choose a specialization, you instead gain 4 power points and 2 points to any related rolls. Special magic categories give an additional 5 power points, but you must invest 3 power points in the opposite aspect to reach tier one (with no benefit). The player may decide during character creation that they would rather not use the special magic categories, in which case the simply gain 2 power points.

Raazan
2012-09-19, 08:03 PM
sorry I didn' reply to your question earlier Djinn and Tonic, but I didn't even realize you had replied until I had posted those 2 tidbits. to answer your question, the system brings 2 things.
Simplicity: most grocery stores sell d6s extremely cheap. they are the most commonly used dice in the world. D&D, on the other hand, requires you to purchase d12s, d20s, d4s, d10s, and d8s, generally from specialty stores and companies which people who don't live in or near large cities (I am one of those people) will not have easy access to without paying unreasonable prices. it costs 6 bucks to get a set of 1 d4, 2 d10s (d%), 1 d8, 1 d6, 1d12, and a d20. this is ridiculous.
Realism: in real life, average is more common than extroardinary. my crit system is based on how well you hit, not what number you roll. a miss is reasonable since the AC (inaccurate terminology) is Agility + twice Dodge (not rolled). hitting well is also uncommon. damage and accuracy tend towards average, as in real life.

Djinn_in_Tonic
2012-09-19, 11:07 PM
Stuff

Good. Any chance we could see some actual mechanics along with target numbers and an estimate of what the verge character's capabilities are?

Raazan
2012-09-22, 12:36 PM
here is a unarmed attack
Rex (werewolf in half man form)
Str 75 (*3 multiplier)
Dex 19 (*3/4 multiplier)
Brawl 15
+2 Unarmed damage (Claws)
George (werebear in half man form)

Sta 75 (*3 Multiplier)
Toughness 15
HP 900 (Sta + toughness * fighter level(10))
Agility 44 (*7/4 Multiplier)
Dodge 15
Defense 74 (Agi +2*Dodge)
Armor 8 (Plate)

Rex rolls 15 dice + dex he gets a total of 78 (barely a hit)
he deals 9 dice of damage (half his brawl + 2 dice for claws)
his peircing is 4 (because of the claws) so he rolls 9 dice and every die that gets 4 or higher negates one point of armor.
he negates 5, leaving 3.
the 3 remaining points of armor remove three dice of damage.
he rolls 6 dice and adds his strength. he gets 95.
George subtracts 95 hit points from his total, and since that is 1/10 his hit points, he takes a penalty on all rolls until it is healed.

if rex had rolled all sixes (normally he would only have to roll twice the defense) he would deal double damage, and get twice as many dice to peirce the armor with.

if Rex uses Iron Fist, then he deals an extra 3 dice of damage and ignores armor, but he has to remove the Chi cost first. if George used Diamond Skin, than the Iron fist would still have to penetrate armor, and would only have a peircing value of 5, but George would also have to pay a Chi cost. if we SUbstitute Swordsmanship for Brawl and say that rax was using a mace, than the damge is determined by the mace, and he can't use Iron Fist. if it was a magic mace, than its powers run on mana, and he has to refuel it when it gets empty. if it was a technological mace, than he has to pay to keep it maintained. there are so many variations on a simple attack, depending on circumstance, but they all work like this. attack roll, Armor Peircing, Damage.

Raazan
2012-09-22, 12:52 PM
I finally Figured out how to post my Races. seperate them!
Races.
What are the races?
The races are the species that you can play in Calibas. One of the complaints I had with the old systems was that there were always races you couldn’t play. Not so in Calibas. In Calibas, every race is playable, but see demons. This chapter will list the races and the special rules for playing them. We will get to the abilities and such later, but for now, I want you to look at your options and start thinking about a starting character.
Are there any limitations?
There is one, and that is player points. I will get to earning them later, but for now, just know that the certain races are FOR EXPERIENCED PLAYERS ONLY. This is to insure that the more powerful or difficult to play creatures are only available to those who have earned the right to play them through good role-playing, sportsmanship, and time spent playing the game itself. Possible starting races are listed as basic.
What is a Unique Latent?
A unique latent is a latent available to only one race which generally governs the races racial traits.
How is this section organized?
First comes the group of creatures, their background, and the universal features that unify them.
Then comes the individual races in that group, their individual background, and their unique features.
Finally, some groups have a lesser version of them, such as wildborn.
This will repeat until it is finished.
Note: masculine pronouns will be used
The Races
Humanoid
There are two races that don’t fit within the groups, and they are listed here.
Humans
Racial Traits
Universal Traits
Player Points Cost: basic
Attribute Modifier Bonuses and penalties: +2 player-chooses modifier. A human player can add multiplier bonuses totaling up to an additional one two their attributes. You cannot reduce one scores modifier to increase another’s. For example you could make both your stamina and strength modifiers X2 instead of just X1, or make you stamina modifier X2 and your strength and dexterity modifiers X1.5 or give yourself a X3 intelligence modifier but you may not reduce your strength modifier to X.5 to give yourself a X3.5 modifier to intelligence etc
Perception: +1 hearing, +2 sight -1 smell
Special magic category: any
Weakened magic category: opposite
Unique talent: Human Spirit
Racial Starting Equipment: extra 5d6 (NDA) $
Unique Traits
Human Spirit: add to base luck for luck pool. Used to resist any power.
Art Bonus: Arts only cost 8 points to increase for humans (in character creation, 5 levels of arts cost only 4 of your starting levels, round cost down)
Resource Pool Increase: add 1/5 of Resource pool to pool again. Example; bob has starting pool of 170, he adds 34 to that, giving him a resource pool of 204.
Changelings
Racial Traits
Universal Traits
Player Points Cost: basic.
Attribute Modifier Bonuses and penalties: player distributes up to 17 points modifier Distributed like humans, except that they MAY reduce the modifier for one score to increase another score.
Perception: +2 and perceptions can be lowered to give more points, but they cannot be fractions.
Weakened magic category: any
Unique Talent: Changed
Racial Starting Equipment: extra 5d6 gold
Unique Traits
Changed: used as modifier for any racial abilities and for any Shapechanging powers or passives.
Special powers list: choose up to ten points in powers from the changeling powers list (a maximum of five points can be gained from powers with their points cost listed as a negative number, known as weaknesses. Spend starter points to gain additional powers. 1SP=1PP)

Raazan
2012-09-22, 12:54 PM
and now the Werecreatures
Group: Werecreatures
Group Traits
Universal Traits7
Player Points Cost: basic, but see Omniwere and Wildborn.
Attribute Modifier Bonuses and penalties: All X1 but see shape shifting
Perception: +1 Smell in human form, +3 in shape shifted forms
Special magic category: Nature
Weakened magic category: Technology
Unique Talent: instinct, is used to change form, and can be substituted for alertness always and brawl as detailed below. Also affect rage.
Racial Starting Equipment: all items (clothes, gear, books) are enchanted to allow them to be used when shape changed, all items gained are affected. Items will expand, shrink or disappear with shape changes as appropriate.
Unique Traits
Shape Shifting: all werecreatures can shape shift. They always have at least five forms to choose from. These are; human, near-human, half-human, near beast, and beast. A werecreature can change into one of these forms by making a Willpower-plus-Instinct save to change. These forms change attribute modifiers as detailed in the individual entries. In order to use shape shifting, roll your Instinct+Willpower. The roll succeeds If it equals at least 5 times your levels. If you roll between 2.5 and 5 times your levels, you simply fail to change. If you fail by more than half, your beast spirit (see below) gains control.
Shape Wheel: all forms have a place on the form wheel, with corresponding modifiers to social scores. Some werecreatures have more or less extreme modifiers, which will be listed. These may change depending on who is watching.
Near-man Half-man Near-beast Beast
cha * ¾(3/2)* *½(*2)* *¼(*2)* varies
man *½ *¼ 0 0
app *¾ *1/8 0 0
* use the second value when intimidating people
Instinct: this is used instead of awareness in all forms. It can be substituted for brawl in any form except man. It can also be used against will saves as with rages (see below) when someone is attempting to control the werecreature.
Rage: when a werecreature gets angry, they can go into a rage. Roll two dice and add your willpower, then roll one half of your instinct in dice, minimum 2 (example; if you have instinct 4, you roll 2 dice. If you have instinct 2, you roll 2 dice) always round down the number of dice. If you rage, you turn into your half-man form and your scores are modified from that. There are four kinds of rage. First comes the conditions that cause the rage, then the score modifiers, then the actions you can take.
1. Battle rage: you are dealt at least 10% of your full hit points in damage in one attack. You have double strength, double dexterity, and double stamina. You viciously attack anything in your path, including friends (except for those who would invoke a defense rage if injured) until all enemies are gone.
2. Defense rage: a life-long friend (or a close sibling, lover, etc) is dealt at least 25% of his remaining hit points in one attack. You gain the score modifiers for a battle rage. You either guard your friend and attack anything that comes close (baring someone who, if injured, would invoke a defense rage), or you viciously attack the enemy who caused the damage (GM’s choice) until the threat is gone or your friend is healed.
3. Fear rage: you take at least half your remaining hit points in damage in one attack. You get triple speed, dexterity, and stamina. You run away for at least 4d6 (NDA) turns, or longer at GM’s discretion.
4. Hunger rage: you are starving (you have had no food for ½ your stamina in days). You get the modifiers for battle rage. You attempt to find something to eat, you will even eat people! If the only food available is needed by a close friend (see defense rage, above), is a close friend (or a regular person, see below), or a close friend tries to stop you, you can attempt a willpower save on 2d6, (4*your instinct to succeed) (5*instinct to try to resist eating someone who isn’t a close friend) to stop being in a rage. You attempt to resist rage on the first day of starvation, and once every day of starvation thereafter, until you get something to eat. The rage last until you get something to eat or make a will save.
Silver vulnerable: werecreatures take triple damage from silver, any damage from silver can cause a battle rage, 10-times damage modifiers with silver automatically kill, and it stops healing (see below) for 3d6 (NDR) rounds.
Healing: stamina /10 automatic healing per round. Only when injured. If, during next round, the werecreature is still injured, increase to 2/10s stamina, then 3/10s, 4/10s, and so on each round until healing reaches stamina per round. Stops when injury is healed.
Beast Spirit: all werebreeds have an animal spirit, represented by the rage, instinct, and shape shifting failure rules. This is a second personality in your head. The gm gets to role-play this however he sees fit.
Werewolves
Racial Traits
Unique Traits
Shape Wheel: the shape modifiers are as follows.
Score NM HM NB B
Str *2 *3 *3/2 *3/4
Dex *1 *¾ 0(*2) 0(*2)
Ag *1 *11/4 *2 *1
Sta *2 *4 *2 *1
Spd *1 *3 *4 *1.5
Racial Proficiency; Pack Mind: werewolves double any attribute used in any roll to understand a close friend, interpret a close friend’s signal, or coordinate with a close friend in a special maneuver.
Werespiders
Racial Traits
Unique Traits
Racial Proficiency; Rage Resist: werespiders act as if their willpower is doubled for the purposes of will saves to resist rage and to break free.
Shape Wheel: The modifiers are below.
Score NM HM NB B
Str *3/2 *5/2 *4 *1/8(*¼)
Dex *2 *4 0(*4) 0(*5)
Ag *3/2 *3 *3/2 *2
Sta *1 *2 *3/2 *¼
Spd *1 *2 *3/2 *¼
Werecoyotes/Werefoxes
Racial Traits
Unique Traits
Racial Proficiency; Power of Laughter: you can diffuse a nasty situation by expending 10 points of resource, and making a willpower + performance roll. If you get 3*the highest willpower in the group arguing, you diffuse the situation enough for peaceful discussion.
Shape Wheel: see below.
Score NM HM NB B
Str *1 *5/2 *3/2 *1
Dex *3/2 *3 0(*4) 0(*½)
Ag *2 *3 *3 *3/2
Sta *3/2 *2 *1 *1
Spd *1 *3 *3 *3/2
Werereptiles
Racial Traits
Unique Traits
Flexible Scores: werereptiles have a flexible set of modifiers and powers. They get a set amount of points for their modifiers (if they spend one point on strength they get *1 strength, etc). and they get a certain amount of points for chimera powers. These points go to each form as follows. Scores modifiers can be Changed in a special way. For half price, you can have a strength modifier that only comes into play when you hit something, or a dexterity modifier that only comes into play when you are trying to hit something. (for example, a strength modifier of *1(*2) means that when they hit something in close combat, their strength counts double, this cost 2 points. You may have a standard dexterity modifier of 0 outside of combat, which would mean that you have no hands, just paws, or maybe no arms.)
Points NM HM NB B
Mod 7 13.5 10.5 5.25
Pwrs 0 8 5 2
Weresnakes
Racial Traits
Unique Traits
Racial Proficiency; Poison: in all forms except human, weresnakes get poison. add their stamina to the poison damage. They also count any attribute used to resist, apply, or cure poison as double.
Shape Wheel: modifiers and poison is below.
Score NM HM NB B
Str *1 *3 *2 *¾
Dex *2 *3 0(*5) 0(*3)
Ag *2 *3 *4 *3/2
Sta *¾ *2 *¾ *½
Spd *5/4 *5/2 *5/4 *1
Poison 3d6 6d6 5d6 4d6
Werehyenas
Racial Traits
Unique Traits
See werewolves except for the following
Racial Proficiency; Laughing Madness: werehyenas laugh all the time, so roll play this. A werehyena player can roll 2d6 + willpower to avoid it. They can also inflict it on any opponent as an attack. When inflicted on a non-werehyena, this laughing madness prevents the opponent from doing anything but laughing. It last 5 rounds.
Werebears
Racial Traits
Unique Traits
Shape Wheel: scores are below.
Score NM HM NB B
Str *3 *5 *4 *3
Dex *1 *½(*3) 0(*3) 0(*3/2)
Ag *½ *7/4 *½ *¼
Sta *2 *3 *4 *1
Spd *½ *7/4 *½ *¼
Racial Proficiency; Hibernation: werebears count any attribute used to resist, end, or cause a sleep effect
Wererats
Racial Traits
Unique Traits
Rats Plaque: all attacks from any form except man and near-man, wererats deal additional disease damage with their claws. This is a magical disease, and it will keep doing damage (4d6(NDA) twice a day) for three days. An infected being can be tracked by the wererat that infected them with a perception + instinct roll (difficulty 6* stealth, or the characters total levels *3/2) or manipulate the disease to cause various other effects, as in a manipulate disease spell (level either half of the total level of the wererat, or the level they cast it as). They also count any attribute used to resist, inflict, or cure a disease as doubled.
Shape Wheel: scores below.
Scores NM HM NB B
Str *3/2 *2 *1 *¼
Dex *2 *7/2 *5/2 *2
Ag *3/2 *7/2 *5 *2
Sta *1 *3 *1 *½
Spd *1 *3/2 *1 *½
Weresharks
Racial Traits
Unique Traits
Shark Rage: when rolling to resist rage, subtract 10 points. In addition, weresharks can spontaneously go into hunger rage in the middle of a battle rage. Every round, roll 1d6, on a roll of 1 or 2, you enter a hunger rage. In addition, the time before you have to start rolling for hunger rage in a starvation scenario is halved.
Racial Proficiency; Aquatic: all forms except man and near man can breath underwater with no trouble. They can also withstand crushing depths. With a successful shape changing roll at half difficulty, they can grow gills in the other two forms as well. Also, any attribute used to resist a water spell or ability is counted as double.
Variable Type: because of the vast variety in sharks, sharks get a few free attribute points to distribute among modifiers, like a less extreme version of werereptiles. They get a minimum modifier in their scores and then some points to distribute. Try to make them consistent!
Shape Wheel: minimum modifiers and free points below.
Score NM HM NB B
Str *3/2 *2 *1 *½
Dex *1 *1 0(*2) 0(*½)
Ag *1 *1 *1 *1
Sta *3/2 *2 *1 *½
Spd *1 *1 *1 *1
Free 1 6.5 5.5 2
Werebirds
Racial Traits
Unique Traits
Racial Proficiency; Flight: all forms except man and near man can fly, moving as if their speed was doubled. Also, any attribute used to resist an air spell or ability is doubled.
Variable type: see weresharks.
Shape Wheel: modifiers are below.
Score NM HM NB B
Str *1 *3/2 *1 *1/4
Dex *1 *2 *½(*2) 0(*1)
Ag *2 *4 *3 *3/2
Sta *1 *1 *1 *1
Spd *1 *1 *1 *1
Free 1 4 3 1
Werecats
Racial Traits
Unique Traits
Racial Proficiency; Curiosity: any attribute used to discover secrets, gather information, or resist a divining spell or ability is counted as double.
Variable Type: see weresharks. (note; werecats can only be based on one of the big cat breeds (tigers, lions, cheetahs, etc).)
Shape Wheel: the scores and free points are listed below.
Score NM HM NB B
Str *1 *3/2 *3/2 *¾
Dex *3/2 *5/2 0(*3 0(*2)
Ag *3/2 *5/2 *3 *5/4
Sta *1 *3/2 *1 *¾
Spd *1 *3/2 *3/2 *¾
Free 1 4 2 ¾
Wereboars
Racial Traits
Unique Traits
Racial Proficiency; Charge: in all forms except near-man and man, wereboars have a powerful charge. When they charge, the double strength for damage, double dexterity to hit, and cannot turn. The opponent can make a agility + dodge roll to see if they can get out of the way (difficulty 5* the wereboars agility plus modifiers for what form the wereboar is in (+10 for half-man, +20 for near-beast, +15 in beast))
Shape Wheel: see scores below.
Scores NM HM NB B
Str *3 *4 *5/2 *5/4
Dex *1 *¾(*3/2) 0(*3) 0(*1)
Ag *¾ *3/2 *¾ *¾
Sta *3/2 *5 *5 *2
Spd *¾ *3/2 *¾ *¾
Werebats
Racial Traits
Unique Traits
Similarity: except for Sonic Power, werebats are treated as werebirds in all respects.
Sonic Power: werebats may make an instinct + perception roll to see in the dark. This is not like normal night vision, in that no light whatsoever is required to see. Loud noises can cause confusion (gm decides on save and difficulty). They can also make a Willpower + Instinct roll to heal nearby allies. All allies within Instinct meters are healed for the amount rolled. This is a sonic affect.
Omniweres
Racial Traits
Universal Traits
Player Points Cost: 50 points
Unique Traits
Combination: omniweres pick thirteen different types of werebreed to be their forms. They cannot take anything twice (they can’t take two types of werereptile with different forms). They are tied to the moon in an unusual way. Every new moon, a new type of werebreed becomes dominant (one moon cycle could be werewolf, the next werecat, etc). they only have to roll half of the normal shape shifting difficulty to change into a shape from the dominant breed (if werewolf is dominant, it is half difficulty to change into any werewolf form). Turning into any other form is half again as hard (multiple difficulty by 1.5).
Multi-mind: omniweres suffer from extreme multiple-personality disorder. The GM decides how to use this.
Wild-kin
Racial Traits
Universal Traits
Attribute Modifier Bonuses and Penalties: 1.3* all physical attributes, 1.5* perception, 1* everything else.
Perception: +2 Smell
Special magic category: same as werecreatures.
Weakened magic category: same as werecreatures.
Unique Talent: instinct (used as werecreatures, except for shape shifting).
Racial Starting Equipment: same as human.
Unique Traits
Reduced rage: wild-kin suffer from rage as normal, except that they do not change shape.
Near-human: wild-kin are treated as humans except for the changes listed above.

remember that this is neither finished, nor is it set in stone. if you see something that doesn't make sense, please tell me.

Raazan
2012-09-22, 12:55 PM
Magi, a group of aliens that can create new spells easily
Group: Magi
Racial Traits
Universal Traits
Attribute Modifier Bonuses and Penalties: 5/2* intelligence, perception and Willpower, ½* all physical scores, 1* everything else.
Perception: +1 sight and hearing, -1 smell
Special magic category: see below
Weakened magic category: non.
Unique Talent: mage-mind.
Racial Starting Equipment: book of knowledge (see below).
Unique Traits
Mage-mind: add your mage-mind score to your intelligence when determining mana. They can roll this instead of magic knowledge for spells. It also affects alien mind (see below).
Alien mind: reduce the number of dice rolled for all mind-affecting spells aimed at the magus by one-quarter of the mages mage-mind.
Magic creation: the special magic categories do not have standard spells. Instead, they are used to create objects and spells as seen below. They gather components (genetic codes, dreams, mechanical principles and devices, etc) and record them in their book of knowledge (the book of knowledge can essentially record infinite components. They can create objects or spells with an intelligence + mage-mind save made over the course of several days. They must base the object on at least 2 components (maximum double the mages level). It cost (20* the number of components) resource to create the object or spell. Any living (or artificially intelligent machines) created by a mage have free will, but are also extremely loyal to their creator. Spells created in this way may only be used by the magus
Types: all mages are basically the same, the only real difference being how the create things. The types are; Genesplicers, Dreamers, Techno Masters, Programmers, Dancers, and Song Lords.

Raazan
2012-09-22, 12:56 PM
Fey, incarnations of nature
Group: Fey
Racial Traits
Universal Traits
Unique Traits
Natural Affinity: all fey have an affinity for nature. This manifest as a magical affinity related to the particular part of nature. All fey treat nature as a special magic category. In addition they usually have an additional special magic category based on which type of fey they are, and several special powers related to the part of nature that they are related to.
Fairies
Racial Traits
Universal Traits
Attribute Modifier Bonuses and Penalties: *½ strength *¼ stamina *¼ speed (*2 flight speed) *2 speed *2 dexterity, charisma, and luck *1 everything else
Perception: +1 Sight +1 Hearing
Special magic category: nature
Weakened magic category: technology
Unique Talent: affinity
Racial Starting Equipment: special fairy bow
Unique Traits
Affinity: this trait is added to your mana value before you multiply it by your level modifier. It can also be added to magic knowledge for the purposes of spells and powers related to their special magic category.
Type: all fairies belong to one of four groups, which determine their special fairy abilities and their attitude. The four groups, in order of rank, are; Light fairies; Elemental fairies; Plant fairies/Animal fairies. The last two are the same rank. light fairies are either moon fairies or sun fairies. Elemental fairies are fire, earth, water, or air fairies. Plant and animal fairies pick a type of plant or animal (canines, tarantulas, aspen trees, roses).
Sun Fairies: double all social scores when in direct sunlight. Halve all social scores at night. Able to emit sunlight from their bodies at a cost of 10 mana. All mana cost halved in direct sunlight. *2 social scores modifiers when dealing with humans, fairies, elves, phoenixes, fawns, brownies, dragons, centaurs, merfolk, sphinxes, hippogriffs, griffons, unicorns, all mages, and salamanders.
Moon Fairies: double all social scores when in direct moonlight. Halve all social scores during the day. Able to emit moonlight from their bodies at a cost of 5 mana. Night vision. *2 social scores modifiers when dealing with all werecreatures, all undead, Sea monsters, chimeras, changelings, giant arthropods, dwarves, ogres, trolls, and goblins.
Elemental Fairies: double all mental scores while within 3 feet of their chosen element. Automatically understand creatures with the elemental quality matching their chosen element.
Animal/Plant Fairies: double all physical scores when within 3 feet of their chosen creature. Can communicate with their chosen animal/plant.
Elves
Racial traits
Universal Traits
Attribute Modifier Bonuses and Penalties: dex *3/2, agi *3/2, chr *3/2, app *3/2
Perception: +1 Sight, +2 Hearing, -1 Smell
Special magic category: Meta
Weakened magic category: Ascension
Unique Talent: Birthright
Racial Starting Equipment: elf ring (carries one minor enchantment associated with birthright art. It is also bonded with the character, providing the bonded bonus and granting the tracking power to the ring. Anyone who has or is connected to the ring can track the elf.)
Unique Traits
Birthright: this is used in charisma and manipulation rolls. It is also used as a modifier to power rolls of one art of players choice. This represents the characters rank in elven society. The art chosen represents the characters caste.
Highborn: elves emanate an aura of power. An elf can use this to provide a bonus equal to twice his birthright to a charisma or manipulation roll to convince another creature to do what he wants. Outside of game rules, an elf’s words carry more weight than another creature’s.
Grace of the Ancestors: an elf is more likely to dodge attacks, and so they get a bonus to their defense. An elf’s dodge is counted double for defense.
Satyrs
Racial traits
Universal Traits
Attribute Modifier Bonuses and Penalties: lck *2, agi *3/2, man *2, str *3/4, sta *3/4
Perception: +1 Hearing, +1 Smell
Unique Talent: Feywild
Racial Starting Equipment: pan pipes (counts as a focus for powers with the manipulation, enhancement, or sonic modifiers, must play song to gain benefit.)
Unique Traits
Feywild: used in place of toughness when rolling to resists intoxicants, manipulation powers, and elemental damage. Can be used in place of sorcery or magic for magic resource, but if this option is taken, the Satyr may take no technology spells, sigils, or talents. Used instead of sorcery for casting nature spells and sigils.
Goat-Legged: Satyrs treat rough ground as open ground. Satyrs treat medium forests and medium slopes as open ground, and steep slopes and thick forests as rough ground. A Satyr gains can use his Feywild talent in place of climb to climb cliffs, and treats his climbing attribute as having an additional ½ multiplier for climbing only.
Songs: Satyrs can play songs to boost their allies or inhibit their enemies. A Satyr who becomes a bard can use these songs as bard songs. These use the magic resources.
Song of Pan’s Gift (enhancement, sonic): 5 per round; as long as the Satyr keeps playing this song, all allies within Feywild meters gain Goat-Legged.
Song of Irresistible Dance (manipulation, sonic): 5 per round; all creatures within Feywild meters must make a willpower + Self-Control roll vs. the Satyr’s charisma + Feywild roll. If they fail, they begin dancing wildly. Any damage interrupts the effect. The Satyr can choose to exclude individuals (up to Feywild) from the effect. The effect ends when the Satyr stops playing.
Goblins
Racial traits
Universal Traits
Attribute Modifier Bonuses and Penalties: *3/4 Str, *2 Dex, *3/2 Agi, *3/4 Sta, *3/2 Spd, *1/2 Chr, *1/2 Man, *1/2 App, *2 Lck, *2 Emp
Perception: +2 Hearing, +1 Smell, -1 Sight
Unique Talent: Hex
Racial Starting Equipment: Grudge Ring (allows the Goblin to set someone into the Grudgeweb if they are within hex meters or have a ritual connection, allowing them and other Goblins to use the curse abilities against that individual. Dark Goblins and Grey Goblins have a different Grudgeweb.)
Unique Traits
Hex: used for the curse abilities and casting any ability with the curse descriptor.
Curses: a goblin may curse an individual who is in the Grudeweb by performing a five-minute ritual and rolling empathy + Hex, if the result is greater than the targets defense roll (luck + Self-Control), the curse takes effect. The Grudge Ring will identify anyone in the Grudgeweb by pointing at them with a jeweled pointer. A goblin can put someone in the Grudgeweb if they are within Hex meters or the goblin has a ritual connection. A ritual connection can be an item of personal significance, or a piece of the person (this includes clothing) but any piece of the person must have been in contact with the person within hex days. All curses must allow the offender to right the wrong, if they cannot fulfill the condition, for instance, because the goblin dies, the curse will expire after a year and a day they have a curse pool equal to their Hex. Each curse uses a variable amount of curse points. If a goblin uses a curse that brings his curse points above his curse pool, known as overflow, then a negative effect is visited on the goblin. If the goblin is less than six overflow, a number of curses equal to his overflow expire. If his overflow is six or greater, than an number of curses equal to his overflow minus five backfire on him, leaving the cursees and coming on the goblin for a year and a day.
Curse of Marking: the target breaks out in polka dots, stripes, or some other sort of marker that allows him to be easily identified. D3 curse points
Curse of Evil Eye: the target suffers the effect of the Evil Eye spell. D6 curse points
Curse of Change: the most powerful curse, this requires a ten-minute ritual and causes the target, their possessions, or some aspect of their life to change traumatically. This could turn their money to rabbit droppings, their girlfriend’s love into hate, or the person into a frog. D6+2 curse points
Orcs
Racial traits
Universal Traits
Attribute Modifier Bonuses and Penalties: *3/2 Str, *3/2 Dex, *3/2 Agi, *3/2 Sta, *1 everything else
Perception: +2 Smell, +Hearing, -1 Sight
Unique Talent: Bloodcurse
Racial Starting Equipment: Grudge Dagger (counts as 4d6 Dagger, ignores armor, rolls 2 extra dice to hit. An Orc may apply the Grudge affect to any one weapon he carries. The most powerful weapon would be a good choice.)
Unique Traits
Bloodcurse: Orcs are a larger, more violent, form of Goblin. The Goblin’s cursing powers are also changed. Bloodcurse may be used in place of brawl or melee to hit someone affected by Bloodcursed.
Bloodcurser: an Orc afflict a target in combat with the Orc with Bloodcursed by dealing 4d6 damage to himself, ignoring armor. A model affected by Bloodcursed is subject to the following effects. Any weapons the Orc uses against the target deal 2d6 extra damage, and count the target’s armor as halved. If using the Grudge weapon, he deals an extra 4d6 damage. Only one target may be Bloodcursed by the Orc at a time.
Trolls
Racial traits
Universal Traits
Attribute Modifier Bonuses and Penalties: *5/2 Str, *3/4 Dex, *3/4 Agi, *3 Sta, *1/2 App, *1/2 Int, *1 everything else
Perception: +2 Hearing, +1 Sight, -1 Touch
Special magic category: Earth, Toughness
Weakened magic category: Air, Avoidance
Unique Talent: Stonekind
Unique Traits
Stonekind: Trolls gain half their Stonekind in armor against all physical damage. It is used instead of toughness for all purposes. Stonekind may be used in rolls for powers with the earth modifier.
Stoneskin: Trolls are immune to petrification. They cannot benefit from the Stoneskin spell, but any effects that would affect someone benefiting from that spell (except dispelling) also affect trolls. Trolls must make a Stamina + Self-control roll against a roll of the number of hours in the sun (plus one) dice, added to three times their Stonekind. If they fail, they are petrified. They may repeat this roll every hour after they are petrified to unpetrify. The clock resets when they are petrified. Trolls are petrified when they sleep. Trolls look like large and slightly unusual boulders when petrified.
Stonetype: when you create a Troll, decide on a type of rock. This will determine your character’s appearance and such. A Troll can only be a precious or semiprecious gem if he has at least a 10 Stonekind. If a Troll is a gem, he may have an appearance modifier of *1 for 5 points. A Troll may change his rock type temporarily by rolling Willpower + Stonekind. He remains changed for a number of hours equal to his result divided by 15. A troll made of basic stone can disguise himself as basic stone, not gems, and vise-versa.
Ogres
Racial traits
Universal Traits
Attribute Modifier Bonuses and Penalties: *2 Str, *5/2 Sta, *1/2 App, *3/4 Int, *5/4 Wits
Perception: +2 Smell
Unique Talent: Forestcraft
Unique Traits
Forestcraft: can be used instead of survival for every survival roll.
Instinctual Nature: Ogres embody nature’s beasts and as such have a greater connection to their inner beast. They count their perception double when tracking, or triple if tracking by smell. Ogres gain a +2 bonus to their Brawl dice, but a -2 penaltie to their Swordsmanship. They have claws, giving them a 3d6 bonus to Brawl damage rolls.
Dwarves
Racial traits
Universal Traits
Attribute Modifier Bonuses and Penalties: *3/2 Str, *2 Sta, *3/2 Will, *1 everything else
Perception: +2 Sight
Special magic category: Earth, Toughness, Blacksmithing, Tinkering, Crafting
Weakened magic category: Air, Agility, Carpentry, Enchanting, Inscription
Unique Talent: Earthborn
Racial Starting Equipment: Dwarven Artificer’s Pack (light pack. Counts as Highmasterwork Jeweler’s Box, Blacksmith’s Tools, and Tinkers Kit. Can be used as Grandmasterwork Tailor’s Box, Cook’s Kit, Alchemist’ Kit, or Leatherworker’s Box. Can be used as a Masterwork Inscriptionist’ Box, Carpenter’s Tools, or Enchanter’s Kit. Only one of these uses may be used every five minutes. It can be used as any one of these as long as the character likes, but the character must wait five minutes before he can use it as another set of equipment.)
Unique Traits
Earthborn: added to hit points instead of toughness. Can be used in place of toughness for all purposes. Used for all powers with the Earth modifier, or any power from the special magic category.
Strength of Stone: Dwarves gain +2 to their melee damage rolls and +2* HP multiplier to their hit points.
Tunnel Dwellers: Dwarves can see just as well in the dark as in the light, and they never get lost underground.
Halflings
Racial traits
Universal Traits
Attribute Modifier Bonuses and Penalties: *3/4 Str, *3/2, Dex, *3/2 Agi, *3/4 Sta, *3/2 Wits, *1 everthing else
Perception: +2 Hearing
Special magic category: any Rogue
Weakened magic category: opposing Rogue
Unique Talent: Feyheart
Racial Starting Equipment:
Unique Traits
Feyheart: used for Perception tests. Can be used for any rogue power roll.
Natural Rogue: a Halfling can use the following rogue powers (note, the Halfling must use Feyheart for these powers unless they possess them through other means) at a level equal to their character level -2: Stealth, Pickpocket, Escape Artist, and Pick Lock. They can also use the following powers once they reach level 10: Greater Stealth, Backstab, Disarm Trap, and Dimensional Escape. If the Halfling gains these powers by other means, they treat these powers as being two ranks higher.
Leprechauns
Racial traits
Universal Traits
Attribute Modifier Bonuses and Penalties: *3/4 Str, *3/4 Sta, *7/2 Lck, *1 everything else
Unique Talent: Crockfortune
Racial Starting Equipment: Crock of Gold (see below)
Unique Traits
Crockfortune: can be used for the luck pool. Add to luck before multiplying by level modifier. Used for the crock of gold, see below.
Crock of Gold: the Crock of Gold is a cauldron which can produce fairy gold on command. To do this, the Leprechaun rolls Luck + Crockfortune, and the result is the amount of fairy gold in ounces. Fairy gold is, in fact, worthless.
Wishes: a leprechaun may spend fairy gold to grant wishes as the Wish/Miracle power. Each ounce of fairy gold spent is equal to five resource.
Brownies/Boggarts and Gnomes/Hobgoblins
Racial traits
Universal Traits
Attribute Modifier Bonuses and Penalties: *3/4(*5/4) Str, *3/2 Dex, *5/4(*3/4) Agi, *1(*3/2) Sta, *2 Lck, *3/2(*1) Emp, *1 everything else
Unique Talent: Hearthbond or Wildbond
Unique Traits
Hearthbond or Wildbond: Brownies have Hearthbond, which is used for the luck pool when inside a building or home. Gnomes have Wildbond, which is used in the same way when in a natural setting (i.e. not in a city, town, building, roadway, parking lot, or other area radically changed b human hands).
Good Fortune: when in their preferred environment (anywhere where Hearthbond/Wildbond would provide a bonus to luck pool) a Brownie or Gnome can grant good luck to someone (as per the Luck power) by spending magic resource and can magically do chores and small tasks by casting the Telekinesis spell in the same way.
Boggart/Hobgoblin: when a Brownie or Gnome is wronged (what qualifies is decided by the GM) the character may make a Willpower + Hearthbond/Wildbond roll to resist becoming a Boggart/Hobgoblin. The difficulty is based on the severity of the wrongdoing. While in this form, the Character uses the second set of multipliers, is generally unpleasant, and Good Fortune is replaced by Bad Fortune. This can be reversed by an act of kindness towards the Boggart/Hobgoblin.
Bad Fortune: anywhere where a Brownie or Gnome could use Good fortune, a Boggart or Hobgoblin can use Bad Fortune. This functions similarly to Good Fortune, except that the Boggart/Hobgoblin brings bad luck (as per the Evil Eye power) and uses telekinesis to cause harm.
Merfolk
Racial traits
Universal Traits
Attribute Modifier Bonuses and Penalties: *3/2 Str, *3/2 Dex, *3/2 Agi, *3/2 Cha *1 everything else
Special magic category: Water
Weakened magic category: Fire
Unique Talent: Seakin
Unique Traits
Seakin: used for all water magic. Adds Ice resistance equal to half Seakin.
Seakind: Merfolk have legs when dry. When they get wet (even if rained on) their legs become fins. They can make a Willpower + Self-Control roll against a difficulty of 5 times their Seakin to resist. They can breath fully underwater. While they have fins, their landspeed is ¼ and their swimming speed is 3/2.
Items: items that fit in the leg slot will still be active while the Merfolk’s legs are fins, but foot slot items are not. Otherwise, Merfolk use items in the same ways as humans.

Raazan
2012-09-22, 12:57 PM
Undead, along with spirits and Incarnates (Elementals and the evil counterparts, Corruptions)
Undead
Racial traits
Universal Traits
Special magic category: Death
Weakened magic category: Life
Unique Traits
Living Dead: Undead do not gain resource in the same way as living creatures. They do not naturally gain resource. They have to gather it from somewhere. Vampires drain blood, Ghosts use the emotions of the living, and the walking dead gain it by resting in their burial place or meditating with an item from their grave. To offset this, undead can burn the energies that bind them to this world. They can deal damage to themselves to gain double the damage inflicted in Resource of their choice.
Not Alive: undead are not living creatures, and are not subject to effects which effect living creatures (death effects, Seduction, poisons, etc.).
Vampires
Racial Traits
Universal Traits
Player Points Cost: basic (see generation)
Attribute Modifier Bonuses and Penalties: *2 Per *3/2 Cha *3/2 Man *1 everything else
Perception: +1 Smell, +1 Sight, +1 Hearing, -1 Touch
Special magic category: Darkness
Weakened magic category: Light
Unique Talent: blood power
Racial Starting Equipment: Sunglasses, canteen or similar container of emergency blood.
Unique Traits
Blood Power: this score is used for many vampire powers.
The Blood: vampires do not gain resource in the same way as mortals. They must drink the blood of warm-blooded creatures to gain resource (1 fluid ounce = regen points of resource) a vampire cannot eat anything but the blood of warm-blooded creatures. They will begin to starve without blood.
Strength of Blood: a vampire may convert resource into attribute points. They spend resource as if it were experience, with the following differences. They may only spend up to twice their blood power ability in points. The score stays at the new level for only 2d6 (NDA) * blood power rounds.
Blood Sense: vampires can see the flow of blood in living creatures. They can see blood-type, diseases of the blood, any sort of irregularity in the flow of blood, its rate of flow, etc. basically they can see everything about the blood. They can do it at will.
Flit: vampires can flit by making a blood power + speed roll, they then divide that by two and treat that as their new speed score for 1d6 * their blood power in rounds. They have to spend the difference between scores in resource. (scores in this paragraph means what your score would be if you had a modifier of 1). While moving like this, vampires ignore terrain. The Vampire can choose to spend double the difference to fly. This follows the flight rules, and last for 1d6*their Blood Power in rounds.
Sunlight: although vampires don’t die in sunlight, they are weakened. All their attributes are reduced, as are their abilities, their resource, and their hit points. Hit points ore reduced after modification for reduced attributes and abilities. Here is a chart.
Light fcc pcc oc ds
Att *¾ *½ *¼ *1/6
Ab *¾ *½ *¼ *1/6
Rez *½ *¼ *1/6 *1/9
Hp *½ *¼ *1/6 *1/9
Death: when a vampire’s hit points drop to -10, the vampire crumbles to dust. A single drop of blood will bring them back from the dead, but it must be applied before a number of weeks equal to Blood Power have passed.
Generation: a vampire may be bought at a lower generation. Each generation bought cost 20 player points, and gives the vampire + ¼ on all physical and social multipliers, 2 free points of Blood Power, and every 2 generations purchased improves the time modifier for Death (2 generations equals Blood Power in months, 4 equals years, 6 equals decades, etc.).
Walking Dead
Racial traits
Universal Traits
Player Points Cost: Basic
Attribute Modifier Bonuses and Penalties: *2 Str, *3/4 Dex, *1/2 Agi, *3 Sta, *3/4 Spd, *3/4 Chr, *½ Man, *1/4 App, *2 Will, *1 Everything Else
Perception: +2 Hearing, +1 Sight, -1 Touch
Special magic category: Earth
Weakened magic category: Air
Unique Talent: Will of the Grave
Unique Traits
Will of the Grave: may be used instead of Self-Control for all will saves.
Dead Already: gain half their Will of the Grave as armor against all physical damage except the following types: Zombie; slashing: Skeleton; bashing: Mummy; piercing.
Flammable: Walking Dead take an additional 2 dice of damage against fire damage.
Type: Walking Dead come in three main types and many subtypes. Subtypes are basically slightly different versions of the main type.
Mummy: mummies are well preserved, so they have a *¾ App. they are also older and dryer, so they take an extra die of fire damage, for a total of three extra dice from every fire attack. They are more closely bound to their grave, so they may meditate without an item from their grave, but it takes twice as long.
Zombies: Zombies are stronger than other Walking Dead so they have a *5/2 Str. They also have slightly damaged minds, so they roll 2 extra dice to resist a power with the “manipulation” or “psychic” description(s). this also means that they roll 2 fewer dice whenever they use a power with those descriptions or which uses a mental attribute as the base.
Skeleton: Skeletons are less stiff than other Walking Dead, so they have *1 Agi. They have no flesh, so they do not burn as well (only +1 die from fire attacks). They have no extraneous bits, so every physical hit automatically deals an extra 2 dice (can be used for AP).
Tied to the Grave: Walking Dead regain resource by meditating in a place where the boundaries between life and death are thin (graveyards, tombs, battlefields, etc.). Every 2 rounds spent in meditation regenerates their regen in all resources.
Ghost
Racial traits
Universal Traits
Attribute Modifier Bonuses and Penalties: *0 Str, *0 Sta, *3 Emp, *3 Will, *1 everything else
Perception: +2 Sight, +2 Hearing, -2 Touch
Unique Talent: Vitality
Unique Traits
Vitality: Vitality is used instead of toughness for Hit points. Vitality is used for all Will saves.
Bodiless: a ghost uses their willpower instead of stamina for all purposes.
Incorporeal: a ghost can pass through any barrier except one with the arcane trait. All rolls to hit a ghost are rolled using Willpower + appropriate ability, and all damage rolls use Willpower. Ghosts use Willpower for defense. ranged attacks (except from powers) deal half damage to a ghost. Ghosts cannot be detected by mundane means unless they choose to be. In order for a ghost to deal damage to an opponent (except for powers with the Arcane or psychic modifiers) without incorporeal, the ghost must become corporeal. While corporeal, the ghost has a strength value equal to their base strength. While corporeal, the ghost uses Agility for defense. attack rolls are rolled normally against a corporeal ghost.
Spirit: Ghosts do not regain resource normally. In order to regain resource, a ghost must be within Vitality meters of a person experiencing strong emotion. They then make an Empathy + Vitality roll. this is the maximum amount of resource that can be gained from this person this minute. this resource may be distributed however the ghost wishes between his arts, but any single art may only receive its regen in resource.
Group: Incarnates
Racial traits
Universal Traits
Player Points Cost:
Attribute Modifier Bonuses and Penalties: *3 Special Attribute, *1 everything else.
Special magic category: Special
Weakened magic category: Special
Unique Talent: Elemental
Unique Traits
Elemetal: Elemental is used for all Spell rolls in the Incarnate’s category.
Type: Incarnates choose one type of magic to be their type. They use their Elemental for all resistance rolls against this type of magic, and gain a number of resistance points equal to their Elemental. Their Elemental also weakens their Resistance to the opposing type of magic. They cannot choose Ascension or Meta as their Magic Category. An Incarnate gains an ability based on their choice. Passive abilities can be dispelled, in which case the Incarnate must spend 2*Elemental mana. Usable abilities cost 2*Elemental mana to use.
Body; Armor: the Body Incarnate may grant all allies within Elemental meters ½ Elemental in armor against all physical damage types. A corruption instead reduces the armor of his enemies within the same radius by the same amount.
Mind; Release: a Mind Incarnate may remove Mental effects with a full action. The Incarnate then makes a Willpower + Elemental roll with a difficulty equal to the Resist of the effect. A corruption may mind control an opponent with a Willpower + Elemental roll vs. the target’s Will save.
Water; Frost Shield: any foe attacking the Water Incarnate in melee suffers a Willpower + Elemental Frost damage roll.
Fire; Fire Shield: any foe attacking a Fire Incarnate in melee suffers a Willpower + Elemental Fire damage roll.
Air; Wind Wall: an Air Incarnate gains its Elemental in armor against any non-Impact ranged attack. Against Impact ranged attacks, an Air Incarnate gains half their Elemental in Armor.
Earth; Stone Shield: an Earth Incarnate Gains ¾ their Elemental in armor against all physical damage.
Light; Radiance: a Light Incarnate provides bright illumination on everything in a radius equal to Elemental meters from the Incarnate. This also dispels all Darkness effects with a power lower than the Incarnate’s Elemental. If the power levels are equal, the Incarnate rolls Willpower + Elemental vs. the opposing powers defense roll. success dispels the effect. this counts as direct sunlight, provides elemental points of detection, and is a light effect. This can be suppressed at will.
Darkness; Cloak of Shadows: a Darkness Incarnate smothers all light in radius equal to Elemental meters. This also dispels all Light effects with a power lower than the Incarnates Elemental. If the power levels are Equal, the Incarnate rolls Willpower + Elemental vs. the opposing powers defense roll. success dispels the effect. This provides Elemental points of concealment, and is a darkness effect. This can be Suppressed at will.
Life; Healing Aura: all good creatures within Elemental meters are healed Elementald6 HP every round at the end of the Life Incarnate’s turn. This is a Holy effect. Corruptions treat this as an Unholy effect which heals evil creatures.
Death; Killing Aura: all evil Creatures within Elemental meters take Elementald6 damage every round at the end of the Death Incarnates turn. Corruptions treat this as an Unholy effect which damages good creatures.
Nature; Wild Growth: as a move action, the Nature Incarnate may root itself into the ground (no matter what the ground is made of). While rooted, the Incarnate may not move, be moved, or be knocked down. While rooted, the Incarnate and all friendly creatures within half Elemental meters of the Incarnate gain half Elemental points of physical armor and the same amount of concealment. The Incarnate can uproot as a move action.
Technology; Machine Meld: a Technology Incarnate can meld with a piece of technology as a standard action. The Incarnate loses all powers while melded. When the Incarnate melds, they may choose Technology spells with the Alteration modifier to affect the piece of technology, with a total minimum level equal to the Incarnate’s Elemental. These abilities have a power level equal to their minimum level, or the Incarnate may use their points to raise the level of certain powers (Example: an Incarnate with an Elemental score of 15 chooses to give a gun the Energy Shield power, which is minimum level 5, and the Power of Science power, which is also minimum level 5. He may distribute the remaining 5 points to raise the effective power level of either power, or to purchase more powers.). The Incarnate can stop melding as a standard action
Spirit; Spirit Cure: a Spirit Incarnate may cure Hex effects as a full action. The Incarnate then makes a Willpower + Elemental roll with a difficulty equal to the Resist of the effect. Corruptions may inflict the Spirit Burn ability (use Elemental instead of Sorcery)
Arcane; Arcane Torrent: an Arcane Incarnate can unleash a blast of Arcane damage against nearby enemies as a full action. All enemies in Elemental meters suffer Elementald6 Arcane damage and are silenced.
Resistance: all Incarnates gain resistance equal to their Elemental against the listed damage type, and weakness to the opposite damage type.
Body: ½ Elemental armor against all physical damage types.
Mind: Arcane
Water: Frost
Fire: Fire
Air: Shock
Earth: Chemical
Light Unholy(Holy)
Darkness: Unholy(Holy)
Life: Unholy(Holy)
Death: Unholy(Holy)
Nature: Frost
Technology: Shock
Spirit: Unholy(corruptions gain resistance to Holy).
Arcane: Arcane
Attribute Bonus: depending on their element, Incarnates have one attribute higher than the others. Refer to the following list.
Spirit: Willpower
Mind: Intelligence
Water: Dexterity
Fire: Strength
Air: Agility
Earth: Stamina
Light: Empathy
Darkness: Manipulation
Life: Visualization
Death: Wits
Nature: Speed
Technology: Luck
Illusion: Perception
Arcane: Charisma
Group: Spirits
Racial traits
Universal Traits
Player Points Cost: 20
Attribute Modifier Bonuses and Penalties: 17 points distributed as desired.
Perception: +2 points distributed as desired
Weakened magic category: opposite
Unique Talent: Force
Unique Traits
Force: Force is used instead of Toughness for hit points. Force is used for all power rolls.
Incorporeal: a Sprit can pass through any barrier except one with the arcane trait. All rolls to hit a Spirit are rolled using Willpower + appropriate ability, and all damage rolls use Willpower. Spirits use Willpower for defense. Ranged attacks (except from powers) deal half damage to a Spirit. Spirits cannot be detected by mundane means unless they choose to be. In order for a Spirit to deal damage to an opponent (except for powers with the Arcane or psychic modifiers) without incorporeal, the Spirit must become corporeal. While corporeal, the Spirit has a strength value equal to their base strength. While corporeal, the spirit uses Agility for defense. attack rolls are rolled normally against a corporeal Spirit.
Spirit Energy: a Spirit has a Sprit Energy pool equal to (Willpower + Force) * half total level. This may only be spent to use Spirit powers.
Spirit Powers: Spirits have 20 points to be spent on Spirit powers. Spirits can spend experience to gain points at a rate of 2 XP to 1 SP. Each point spent gives one power point. These powers are selected from the list of spells. Typical powers include Telekinesis, Astral Gate, Hex, Luck, and Greater Mind Control.
Spirit Being: when a spirit uses a power which specifies that the caster is incapacitated, the spirit fades instead. A faded spirit is treated as if it was in the location for the target of the power. For instance, when a spirit uses the Greater Mind Control, the spirit is being treated as being in the same space as the target. The Spirit may only be injured by powers directed at it. These use Willpower to hit, because the attacking creature must pierce the Barrier. Any abilities which allow normal attacks to pierce the Barrier allow normal attacks to affect the Spirit. When the power ends, the spirit immediately becomes corporeal next to the target.

Raazan
2012-09-22, 12:59 PM
Magical beasts (non-humanoids)
Group: Magical Beasts
Racial traits
Unique Traits
Nonhuman: Magical Beasts are not humanoid. They do not take up the normal 1 hex space. They cannot wield weapons and armor except for custom built pieces. They cannot wield any custom weapons except fist weapons. They have the standard item slots except where noted. Every hex over normal size increases the materials cost for items by 25%.
Dragons
Racial traits
Universal Traits
Player Points Cost: 100
Attribute Modifier Bonuses and Penalties: *6 Str, *¼ Dex, *¼ Agi, *6 Sta, *2(*5) Spd, *¼(*4) Chr, *¼ App, *½ Lck, *2 Int, *2 Will, *1 everything else
Perception: +2 all
Special magic category: Special (see below)
Weakened magic category: Special (see below)
Unique Talent: Dragonborn
Unique Traits
Dragonborn: used for the dragons breath weapon, and for determining armor.
Armor: a dragon has Dragonborn points of armor against Slashing and Bashing damage, and half Dragonborn armor against Piercing and Impact damage.
Size: a Dragon takes up
Flight: Dragon’s can fly at the second Speed multiplier. They have poor maneuverability and may hover.
Type: a dragon chooses their type at creation. The choices(with associated special magic categories) are:
Fire: Fire magic
Ice: Water magic
Swamp: Earth magic
Lightning: Air magic
Light: Light magic
Shadow: Darkness magic
Arcane: Arcane Magic
Sonic: Air Magic
Breath Weapon: dragons have a breath weapon. This is an area attack with a rating of Dragonborn (minimum 5), which deals damage equal to Willpower + Dragonborn. The dragon also gains resistance equal to Dragonborn against the damage type. The dodge difficulty is Wits + Dragonborn. All non-damage affects have a rating of ½ Dragonborn for resistance purposes.
Fire: cone of Fire. Burns target for ¼ Dragonborn every round damage for a number of rounds equal to Dragonborn.
Ice: cone of Ice. Target must make an Agility + Dodge roll against the dragon’s Willpower + Dragonborn or be frozen for a number of rounds equal to Dragonborn.
Swamp: cone of Chemical. Targets suffer Chemical burn dealing ¼ Dragonborn damage every round for a number of rounds equal to Dragonborn.
Lightning: line of Electricity. Targets must roll Stamina + Toughness against the Dragon’s Willpower + Dragonborn or be paralyzed for a number of rounds equal to Dragonborn.
Light: line of Holy. This heals good creatures for the same amount as it harms evil creatures.
Shadow: line of Unholy. This heals evil creatures for the same amount as it harms good creatures.
Arcane: line of Arcane. Those hit must roll Willpower + Sorcery against the Dragon’s Willpower + Sorcery or be Polymorphed for a number of rounds equal to Dragonborn.
Sonic: cone of Sonic. Those hit must roll Stamina + Toughness against the Dragon’s Willpower + Dragonborn or be stunned for Dragonborn turns.
Vulnerability: Dragons take an additional 5 dice of damage from attacks that deal damage opposite the damage type of their breath weapon.
Shapeshifting: a Dragon may change into a human form at will. While in human form, the Dragon is only 1 hex. While in human form, the Dragon has a *1 multipier in all physical and social attributes.
Griffons
Racial traits
Universal Traits
Attribute Modifier Bonuses and Penalties: *2 Str, *3/2 Dex, *3/2 Agi, *1(*4) Spd, *0 App, *½ Man, *½ Emp, *1 everything else
Perception: +3 Sight, +1 Hearing, +1 Smell
Special magic category: Air
Weakened magic category: Earth
Unique Talent: Skyking
Unique Traits
Skyking: used instead of acrobatics for flight. Used to cast all Air spells.
Flight: the Griffon can fly using the second multiplier for Speed. They have medium maneuverability and may not hover.
Claws: Griffons have natural weapons that deal 4d6 additional brawl dice. These deal Slashing damage and have an AP rating of 4.
Bite: Griffons have a natural bite attack, which is a secondary attack.
Size: Griffons take up a large base.
Hippogriffs
Racial traits
Unique Traits
Griffon Subtype: Hippogriffs are identical to Griffons, except they have *1 Empathy and *3/2 Strength.
Sphinxes
Racial traits
Universal Traits
Attribute Modifier Bonuses and Penalties: *3/2 Str, *1(*4) Spd, *¼ Chr, *¼ Man, *0 App, *3/2 Int, *3/2 Wits, *1 everthing else
Perception: +2 Hearing, +2 Sight
Special magic category: Mind
Weakened magic category: Spirit
Unique Talent: Riddler
Unique Traits
Riddler: used to solve any riddle, puzzle, or thinking game.
Puzzle Solver: a Sphinx may roll Intelligence + Riddler to learn something about a puzzle, riddle, mystery, or labyrinth’s solution. How much information is gleaned is up to the GM. A moderate score for a minor riddle should be good enough to solve it; a significant score should be enough to direct the Sphinx through several turns of a maze; and so on. This may be used once every 1d6+2 minutes, or the Sphinx may spend 10 luck points a round to shorten that time. In the case of a battle of wits this is an opposed roll. if the riddle, puzzle, or labyrinth is magical in nature, this is an opposed roll made against the magic power roll of the target.
Claws: the Sphinx has natural weapons which deal an additional 4d6 dice of damage.
Flight: the Sphinx can fly at a speed determined by their second modifier. Sphinxes have moderate maneuverability and cannot hover.
Size: Sphinxes take up a large base.
Items: Sphinxes may not use items for the feet, legs, hands, or back. All other items have their cost increased as normal.
Centaur
Racial traits
Universal Traits
Attribute Modifier Bonuses and Penalties: *3/2 Str, *3/2 Spd, *3/2 Will, *3/2 Int *1 everything else
Special magic category: Light, Air
Weakened magic category: Darkness, Earth
Unique Talent: Starbound
Unique Traits
Starbound: used for Light, and Air magic, collectively known as Celestial magic. Used for navigation, and any other activity as long as it relies on the stars. Navigating with a map provides no bonus, but using the stars does.
Constellation Bound: a Centaur is bound to the constellation of their birth. Each Zodiac sign provides a different benefit.

Size: Centaurs are large creatures.
Items: Centaurs may not carry items for the waist, legs, back, or feet. They may wield weapons normally, but chest armor cost double due to their horse body. They may wield weapons up to one size larger then normal.
Death Dog
Racial traits
Universal Traits
Attribute Modifier Bonuses and Penalties: *3/2 Str, *0 (*1) Dex, *3/2 Agi, *3/2 Sta, *3/2 Spd, *½ Chr, *½ Man, *½ App, *2 Emp, *2 Will
Perception: +2 Smell, +1 Hearing
Special magic category: Death
Weakened magic category: Life
Unique Talent: Deathbound
Unique Traits
Deathbound: Death Dog use Deathbound to cast Death spells and power with the Negative Energy type.
Creature of Death: Death Dogs have Negative Energy Resistance equal to Deathbound.
Spirit Beast: Death Dog can turn incorporeal at will (see ghost and other entries for rules on incorporeal creatures). They stay incorporeal for a number of rounds equal to Deathbound, and when the duration elapses they cannot turn incorporeal again for d6 rounds.
Hunter of the Dead: Death Dogs are living embodiments of death, and feel a strong connection to Death Incarnates. They are created to hunt down those who pervert the cycle of life and death. They may attack incorporeal creatures as if they were corporeal. They may roll Perception + Deathbound to detect incorporeal creatures who are attempting to be invisible (this is rolled against the incorporeal creature’s Willpower + Self-control, as normal) they may also use this to attempt to detect undead creatures (same roll). This ability has a range equal to Deathbound in meters. If the Death Dog knows the name of the target and has some sort of connection to the target (precious object, piece of hair, etc.) the range I unlimited and cross-dimensional.
Target: Death Dogs are sent out by Necra to hunt down those who would cheat or Corrupt Death. They are the reason that all who would summon the dead from their rest or resist the grasp of death pay proper respect to the Death Goddess. When someone earns the anger of either aspect of Necra (Weeja or Hel) she sends the Death Dogs to hunt them down. Weeja sends good Death Dogs and Hel Sends evil ones. When a Death Dog is given a target Their Goddess imparts the knowledge of their target’s crimes and a connection to the target. Particularly magical targets might notice this, but even normal human beings will feel a sense of dread. The connection allows Death Dogs to use their Hunter of the Dead ability to track down their target across dimensions and infinite distance.
Bringer of Death: Death Dogs are the bane of undead. They gain a bonus equal to Deathbound on attack and damage rolls against undead. They also gain an additional die on such rolls. they also gain an additional die against their target.
Creature of Death: Death Dogs may travel to the land of the dead at will. They may also travel to other Planes if their target is in that Plane, using the same method. They may not travel to any other Plane except the primary Plane. For instance, if a Death dog is given a target who is currently hiding on the Plane of Fire, she may travel freely between the Primary Plane, the Plane of Fire, or the Land of the Dead. The Death Dog may transport a number of beings equal to his Deathbound as a Dimensional Portal Spell where all rolls are based on his Deathbound (the power has a level equal to Deathbound).
Unicorns
Racial traits
Universal Traits
Player Points Cost: 40
Attribute Modifier Bonuses and Penalties: *2 Spd, *3 Emp, *1 All others
Perception: +2 Hearing, +1 Smell
Special magic category: Protection, Life, Light
Weakened magic category: Smiting, Death, Darkness
Unique Talent: Healer
Unique Traits
Healer: used for all healing affects.
Purity: A Unicorn may use its powers to heal its allies. It rolls Empathy + Healer at the beginning of each day, and multiplies it by its purity rating. It may heal that many hit points during that day. It may spend ten healing points to lessen a poison or disease’ toxin rating by one. If the toxin rating goes to 0, the poison or disease is removed. This is a positive energy affect.
Natural Weapon: the Unicorn has a horn which counts as a natural weapon that deals +2 dice of damage. Half is Piercing, and half is Positive.
Dark Unicorn: an evil Unicorn is known as a Dark Unicorn. All positive energy effects become negative energy effects.
Size: A Unicorn is a large creature.
Items: a Unicorn may not wield weapons, but it may wear items for the chest, head, neck, brow, and eyes. Its horn may be enhanced as a ring, dagger, or gem. See the self enhancement section of crafting.
Phoenix
Racial traits
Unique Traits
Flying Unicorn: a Phoenix is treated as a Unicorn in all respects except for the following. It has a speed of ¼, except in flight, when it is in the air, when it has a speed of 3/2. Instead of +2 Hearing, it has +2 Sight. It has no horn, but it does have two claws which are +1 natural weapons which deal half piercing and half fire damage. They also have a sleep cycle, meaning that they must sleep every 40 years for one full week. Their healing is only multiplied by 4, not five. They are not large creatures.
Chimeras
Racial traits
Universal Traits
Attribute Modifier Bonuses and Penalties: 18 points variable modifier. +1 point per five player points allocated.
Perception: +3 distributed as a Changeling, may also spend 4 player points to receive an additional point to distribute
Weakened magic category: any
Unique Talent: Chimeric.
Unique Traits
Chimeric: used for Chimera powers.
Chimera Traits: Chimeras are variable creatures, and they have variable traits. See the “Chimera Traits” page to view the options for traits.
Sea Monsters
Racial traits
Unique Traits
Sea Monster: Sea Monsters are Aquatic Chimeras. They all have high swim speeds and low land speeds. They are generally large. They use water magic. Other than that, they can range from 100 foot long kraken to 10 foot sea snakes.
Giant Arthropods
Racial traits
Unique Traits
Giant Arthropod: Giant Arthropods are Insectoid Chimeras. They might include giant spiders, huge scorpions, or enormous centipedes. They genrally have armor, and many have poison. They are usually slightly less intelligent then an average human, but they are powerful.

Raazan
2012-09-22, 01:01 PM
outsiders and chimera powers
Group: Outsiders
Group Traits
Universal Traits
Player Points Cost: 50
Attribute Modifier Bonuses and Penalties: based on sin
Perception: based on Sin
Special magic category: depends on type.
Weakened magic category: depends on type.
Unique Talent: Demonic/Divine
Unique Traits
Demonic/Divine: used for racial abilities.
Alignment: Outsiders come in two types: Demons and Angelics. An Angelic who becomes evil will become a Demon, and a Demon who becomes good will become an Angelic. Their main powers are dependent on which one they are.
Type: Demons and Angelics have a type based on one of the seven deadly sins or seven heavenly virtues. In this list, the sin is listed first, then the demon, then the virtue, and then the angelic
1. Lust – Luxurians Chastity – Castitagators
2. Gluttony – Gulagons Temperance – Temperators
3. Greed – Avarits Charity – Caritans
4. Sloth – Acedians Diligence – Industrials
5. Wrath – Iragons Patience – Patientas
6. Envy – Invidians Kindness – Humanitarians
7. Pride – Superbians Humility – Humilitans
Racial Magic category and weakened magic category: the racial and weakened magic categories depend on type. These are reversed for the angelic versions
1. Luxurians +Mind -
2. Gulagons +Creations -Observers
3. Avarits +Alchemy -Stonecarving
4. Acedians +Mind -Spirit
5. Iragons +Berserker -Meditate
6. Invidians +Conman -Stealth
7. Superbians +Ascension -Meta
Gift of the Seven: each Demon/Angelic has the power to inspire their Sin/Virtue in a target. Demons roll Willpower + Demonic. Angelics roll Willpower + Divine. Both are resisted by a Willpower + Self Control roll. anyone affected by this power gains +2 dice and a bonus equal to the Demon’s Demonic or the Angelics Divine to any roll that is keeping with the Sin/Virtue. It also takes a penalty of twice that if it tries to do anything opposed to the sin/virtue. This last for a number of rounds equal to Demonic/Divine + 1 round for every ten points it succeeded by. Those targeted by this power may choose to allow themselves to be affected, but it counts as if the Demon/Angelic had only succeeded by 1. (Example: john is affected by a Iragon. The demon rolled20 above his roll and has a demonic rating of 15. For 17 rounds (15 +20/10), he will be filled with Wrath. He will gain a bonus of +15 and an extra 2 dice on any roll related to Wrath (combat, intimidation) but will take a -30 penalty and lose 4 dice on any attempt related to Patience (diplomacy, pulling a punch). It is important to note that he has to make a Willpower + Self Control roll to avoid attacking his comrades which counts as related to Patience.) Demons and Angelics always count as if they are affected by this power.
Outsider Powers: Demons/Angelics have various powers which are listed in the outsider powers list.
Demoniacs/Angelicals
Racial traits
Universal Traits
Player Points Cost: base creature + 50
Attribute Modifier Bonuses and Penalties: same as base creatures + ¼ to all attributes
Perception: same as base creature +1 based on Sin
Special magic category: same as base creature.
Weakened magic category: same as base creature.
Unique Talent: Demonic/Divine
Racial Starting Equipment: same as base creature
Unique Traits
Template: a Demoniac/Angelical is treated as the baase creature in all respects except those listed above and those below. It uses it Demonic/Divine the same way as the base creature and an outsider.
Unusual looks: a Demoniac/Angelical looks unusual. These might range from hurns, burning eyes, and odd colored skin to a strange glow just out of sight. This does not subtract from their appearance. This becomes ore apparent the ore corrupt/pure the creature is.
Outsider in (Blank) Skin: a Demoniac/Angelical is a Demon/Angelic which is created in the form of another creature, such as a human, dragon, or vampire. It has the Gift of the Seven trait. Its Sin/Virtue is determined based on its type (this is up to the GM.). a few suggestions include: Werecreature – Wrath, Vampire – Gluttony, Dwarf – Greed. These are just guidelines, and it isn’t always consistent through different Demoniacs/Angelicals. Use the following guidelines.
1. Luxurians/Castitagators creatures with high appearance, charisma, and/or manipulation.
2. Gulagons/Temperators creatures with some sort of burning thirst/hunger (a vampire’s need for blood, a ghosts or Walking dead’s need for spiritual energy)
3. Avarits/Caritans creatures with a great desire for material things
4. Acedians/Industrials creatures which are uninterested in hard work, those who try to use magic or technology to do their work for them.
5. Iragons/Patientas creatures with high physical abilities, powerful combat potential or a powerful anger.
6. Invidians/Humanitarians creatures which lack something (size, power, etc)
7. Superbians/Humilitans creatures which are extremely strong, intelligent, quick, wise, attractive, large, etc.
Changeling Powers
Special powers list: choose up to ten points in powers (a maximum of five points can be gained from powers with their points cost listed as a negative number, known as weaknesses. Spend starter points to gain additional powers. 1SP=1PP)
Flight; 2 pts: gains a flight speed of 2* their Speed.
Swim; 2 pts: Swim at their base Speed instead of half base Speed.
Changer; 5 pts: the Changeling can alter its appearance and Multipliers with a move action. cost 10 points of luck per point changed.
Minor Changer; 1 pt: the Changeling can alter its appearance at will.
Armor; 1 pt per 2 pts Armor: the Changeling gains 2 points of armor for every point spent. Maximum armor equal to Changer.
Natural Weapon; 3 pts: the Changeling gains either melee weapons that add ¼ Changer to Brawl damage, or ranged weapons with a range of Changer meters that deal Changer dice of damage. These can deal physical damage type of player’s choice or Fire, Ice, Chemical, Electric, Sonic, or Arcane damage type of player’s choice for an extra point. A ranged attack can have an area effect with size equal to half Changer for an additional point.
Extra Limb; 3 pts: the Changeling gains an extra limb, giving it +2 dice too hit in melee and an additional attack. The Changeling can wield additional weapons, but no additional Rings, Arm, Hand, or Shoulder equipment slots. If the Changeling has a natural melee weapon, this is applied to the extra attacks as well.
Frail; -1 pt: the Changeling receives one less attribute modifier point to distribute. This may only be taken once.
Mechanical; -3 pts: the Changeling cannot be healed by normal powers, but can be repaired. The Changeling does not gain resource normally, and must be charged with the appropriate energy source (pick one of the energy/Elemental energy types). The Changeling is immune to this damage type. The Changeling cannot be Resurrected, reincarnated, or in any magical way be brought back to life. Instead, the Changeling must be repaired by someone with a Craft (Mechanical) skill at least equal to the Changelings Changer latent. The Changeling is immune to Spirit powers, and has resistance equal to half Changer against mind powers.
Large Size; -1 pt: the Changeling is larger than normal. It gains +½ strength multiplier and suffers -½ Dexterity and -½ Agility. This may be taken twice. If taken twice, the Changeling occupies a space of 3 hexes.
Hideous; -1 pt: the Changeling can have a maximum *¾ multiplier in appearance, and suffers a -10 modifier to all social rolls. this may be taken up to 3 times. The modifiers are cumulative, and the maximum Appearance is decreased by ¼.

Chimera Powers
Natural Weapon: Chimeras automatically possess a melee weapon at no extra cost. They may purchase a ranged natural weapon as a Changeling.
Reach; 2 pts: the Chimera possesses longer limbs, reach an opponent from farther away. Each pt purchased provides an extra 2 meters of reach.
Flight: as Changeling.
Swim: as Changeling.
Armor: as Changeling.
Extra Limb: as Changeling.
Extra head; 2 pts: the Chimera has an extra head, this is treated as an extra limb except that it may not wield weapons and it has its own personality. To determine the heads mental attributes, total the main heads mental attributes (before multipliers) and distribute them into the second heads attributes (the second head has the same multipliers as the first head). If the second head wants to take control, a battle of wills ensues (use the rules for mind control). The winner takes control.
Manual Dexterity; 1 pt: the chimera possesses manual dexterity, and may wield weapons, use items in the ring and hand slots, and use items. This cannot be taken with centaur body shape, or the manual dexterity packages for either of the other body shapes.
Frail: as Changeling.
Mechanical: as Changeling.
Large Size: as Changeling, except that the Chimera may purchase as many levels as they wish (Dex and Agi Minimum ¼) every 2 levels increases the number of hexes by one size category.
Serpentine Body; -2 pts: the creature has a long, snake-like body with no or vestigial limbs. This might include the body of a squid or octopus. The chimera may not wield weapons. It may not us items in the back, feet, or hands slot. It has no manual Dexterity (it uses shadowdex to hit). It may not use items in the ring slot. alternatively, it may use items in the ring slot aand have a manual dexterity for +1 pt. this generally represents some form of tentacle.
Quadruped Body; 0 pts: all chimeras are considered to have this disadvantage. The chimera takes up a 3 hex space. It may not wield weapons or use items in the ring or hands slots. Alternatively, the chimera may possess a centaur-like body shape for an extra point. In this case, the chimera may use weapons, rings and hand slot items, but may not use back slot items.
Insectoid Body; -1 pt: the chimera has the body of a giant insect (or something very similar to that form) it has 2 points of armor against all physical attacks, but it cannot wield weapons or use items in the hands, feet, arms, or back slots. It may use rings (generally placed around its legs). It has an additional level of hideous. It may be upgraded to be capable of using items in the Hands and arms slots, but this gives it yet another level of hideous (while most people are repulsed by giant insects, huge insects with arms are even more repulsive).
Ooze Body; -3 pts: the chimera is a creature reminiscent of the creature from The Blob. The chimera is immune to physical damage but takes double damage from elemental damage. It has no manual dexterity and cannot use items in any slot. it can use consumables such as potions and food, however. It can move through any physical barrier that possesses even a small hole, but watertight containers can hold it.

I still need demon powers, and the Chimera and changeling powers could use some work, but this is a general overview of the races. I know that the Special magic category has many that you don't know, and I am working on that.

Raazan
2012-09-22, 01:39 PM
As much as I would love to post a list of all the Arts and Aspects here, I have only completed magic and fighting. while these are the most important arts (and the ones that I started with) there are six other Arts, and a total of 36 other aspects. this means that if I where to post the information on Fighting and Magic, it would likely be weeks before you heard anything about the other Arts. if this is what you want, Please post your wishes on this thread. in the meantime, an overview of how powers work.
Powers use Resource, which varies based on the art you are using and your own choices (each art has 2 options for resource), to create an effect. Iron Fist for example, uses Chi, (or Rage) to allow the users fist to punch through armor and deal extra damage. all damage scales depending on your choices. a Fighter using a Power can, as long as he keeps it up, do the same damage as a Fireball, with some variation. powers do not automatically scale with level. your Talent points must be invested into them to keep them at maximum. unfortunetely, your Talent points are a limited resource, and so you must make decisions about where to put them. magic items work in a similar manner to powers. Magic items have their own mana pool, and they must spend mana to use their abilities (which are never as simple as extra damage, since a fighters damage increases with his powers anyway). when it runs dry, the wielder must put some of his resource (doesn't have to be mana) into the item, so that it can continue to use its powers. this is the same resource used for powers, so the character is giving up some of his ability to use powers in exchange for a magic item and its benefits. there is even an art designed around using magic items, it creates them, and it can do things with them that noone else can.
and now, a joke (its hilarious if you read the bit above it)
Seymour is a human. he has an intelligent sword which can drain his enemies health to heal him. whenever it runs out of mana, it says;
"FEED ME, SEYMOUR."

Raazan
2012-10-01, 05:09 PM
And now, a list of the arts (the specifics of their mechanics and aspects will have to wait a while)
Fighting: beat the snot out of people, simple.
Magic: spells. can be healers, can through fireballs, etc.
Artifice: makes magic items. can use them better, and gets special abilities from them.
Summoning: conjuring weapons, armor, creatures, gateways, etc.
Rogue (has anyone got a better name?): assasination, pickpocketing, stealth, and talking your way out of a tight spot.
Divine: Clerics, paladins, etc. can heal, enhance, attack, or cripple.
Null: they can dispell enemy powers (including those belonging to fighters and roques) and perform other nasty tricks (deal damage as they drain your resource, turn your resource into theirs, etc.
Shapeshifting: transform into a variety of creatures, and gain special powers related to them (like a WOW druid).

Raazan
2012-10-06, 06:44 PM
What is going on here?

Raazan
2012-10-13, 09:37 AM
time for some story, I guess.
werecreatures
these creatures evolved from basic animals. they devoloped the ability to grow in size, which allowed them to have the advantages of a larger size without the drawbacks. when humans came around, they used their abilities to take human form. eventually, the learned how to take forms in between, and modern werecreatures where born. they have a dual personality, their human mind, and their beast mind. the beast mind embodies both the actual and metaphorical asppects of the animals personality (thus coyotes and foxes are tricksters, spiders feel less, etc.). they generally come into being as the child of a werecreature and a wolf or human. those that aren't born werecreatures become wild-kin, and werecreature children can come from this line. werecreatures can also bite humans (or wolves*) to transform them into werecreatures. this is not common practice for three reasons. 1. the process is hard to survive; most humans die in the process. 2. the process is unpredictable; what kind of werecreature will come from this process is based on the personality of the subject, not the type of werecreature doing it. 3. the subject has no loyalty to the one transforming them; this does not force the new werecreature to obey or even prevent them from attacking the one who performed the procedure. as newly transformed werecreatures tend to be significantly stronger (for a few moments as the beast and human minds get accustomed to each other) and enter rage, this can be a fatal proposition if the subject was unwilling. of course, if the subject was close friends with the one performing the procedure, then this is not a problem, or at least, not as much. for these reasons, this procedure is performed only rarely, when the subject is dying and magic to heal them is unavailable, when the subject is willing, and a few other circumstances.
*I might decide to remove this bit, but on the other hand I might not. still deciding on that bit.