PDA

View Full Version : The Legion War (IC)

meemaas
2012-09-20, 10:16 PM
Years have passed since Legion has taken control of his empire. Since his reign, countless unspeakable crimes have been committed against the people that remain upon the continent. 85% of the continent currently belongs to the empire, with the remaining stage to a war between a resistance that was driven from their homes, and the empire itself. This is the story of a trio, working under a resistance leader named Dunkel Ortega Char.

Day passes fast for the working soldiers, preparing for the latest raid on Legions territory. As night starts to fall, and the soldiers were preparing to attack, a messenger sought out each of the three in turn.

Max Cazon

An elf runs up to you and bows, speaking then in a fast tone. "Master Dunkel wishes to see you in his quarters sir. He says you are not to take part in this raid."

Lucinda Bellrose

As you focus on your preparations, a young woman walks up to you and starts speaking quietly. "O-our boss said you need to meet with him. Y-you k-know where." As soon as she's done, she starts backing away quickly.

Jaron Heckell

The well built man you have come to respect as your commanding officer approaches you at your work. "We have business to handle. Come with me Jaron, i have a mission for you and your companions." Dunkel waves at Jaron, and starts off for his tent.

Savior
2012-09-21, 10:01 AM
Max

Hefting up his Earthbreaker of deep crystal, Max stares at the elf, and then sighs. "So, I don't get to go out?" Max walks to the elf, and rights him. He hated bows. Looks too much like slavery, or off putting.

Max bypasses the elf with a nod for respect, and makes his way to the tent/quarters of his superior of this branch. he waits on the outside, making his presence known, in case someone is inside.

Comissar
2012-09-21, 01:45 PM
Jaron looked up from his desk. Various vials and glassware were scattered across it, a few contained hissing and bubbling liquids. "I'll be with you in a minute sir."

Looking back down to his desk, he saw that one of his vials had bubbled over. A light yellow froth spilled onto the table and abruptly caught fire. Cursing to himself, he grabbed another vial of a deep blue liquid and dumped it on the growing fire. There was a muted "pop" as the flames were extinguished. A steamy vapour rose from the table leaving a new scorch pattern behind. Checking that nothing else was likely to boil over, Jaron followed Dunkel into his tent.

Morbis Meh
2012-09-21, 04:00 PM
Lucinda offers a flourishing, well practised bow "Thank you kindly and may fortune always smile warmly upon you and your loved ones! Come along now Nym we get to see Uncle Dunkel!" The bird flies onto her shoulder and chirps happily in response. They skip merrily towards the designated spot spreading cheer to all who come in their path. She gets to the designated location and finds a comfortable spot to sit in, awaiting the arrival of her superior.

meemaas
2012-09-21, 09:14 PM
Lucinda arrives first, letting herself in to the commanders meeting room, with Max arriving shortly after her, waiting outside. Afterwards both Jaron and Dunkel arrive together, Dunkel gesturing to Max to follow him in. Once all four were seated, with the Commander in his nice chair, the Commander turns to the three of them and starts to speak. "Its nice to see the three of you here so promptly. The three of you have become my most trusted allies upon my branch of this war, and for you i have a private mission. Our men are set to raid a local military base, as you full well know, looking to requisition supplies. For the most part that is true, but our soldiers are also to be a diversion. Legion is predictable. Stupid and predictable. This camp has the main outpost a good distance away from the stores, but when we attack, they will surely release their guards within the command outpost to help defend their camp. I want you three to attack the base. You are three are some of the strongest i have in my camp, and you don't have the kill on sight designation i have to boot. Your target is some paperwork describing the transport schedules. Your signal will be the same as our second wave. You are to position yourselves near the gate." He stands up and holds out a small package. "Acid for the fencing, courtesy of our friend here. Use it to get yourselves in. Kill anything that gets in your way" He returns to his seat, facing away. "You are dismissed. You have half an hour to prepare. Don't fail us. This is crucial information."

Savior
2012-09-22, 12:25 PM
Max

"We're sending out a whole movement of men, albeit willing to die for the cause, so three people can shred some paperwork?" Max is openly, not upset. He's still standing from whence he first showed up in the quarters, and has his earthbreaker proudly draped around one shoulder, and clasped in his right hand. The idea is smart, well planned, and everything, however, as a gauge, he simply wants to feel out the commander's "remorse". not so much a fan of this commander, Max steps on his toes constantly.

meemaas
2012-09-22, 07:50 PM
"Collect paperwork, Max. We needs those schedules to intercept their movements. And you know as well as i do, that this mission is in addition to our original plan. Don't make me regret choosing you for this."

Savior
2012-09-22, 09:34 PM
Max

"Of course, Sir. I'll make sure that's in some of the eulogies." Max hefts up his giant hammer, and leads himself out of the doorway, entering general mode as his team gathers with him.

Comissar
2012-09-23, 03:58 AM
Jaron took the package from Dunkel, being the only one trained to handle such dangerous substances he was probably best suited to carrying it. After listening to the mission brief, he left the command tent quickly, intending to head back to his makeshift lab. As he leaves, he notices that Max seemed to be wanting to have a word with both himself and Lucinda.

"I'll just be a moment."

Hurrying back to his tent so as not to keep the other two waiting, he quickly collects various vials and tubes. He dumped the contents of some on the grass, others he mixed together before sealing and pocketing. After a few minutes work, his lab was packed and portable again. He rejoined his companions again shortly after, a grin on his face.

"Right, are we ready to go?"

Morbis Meh
2012-09-23, 08:44 PM
Lucinda giggled "Now don't frown, Uncle Dunkel, it gives you wrinkles and I know how self conscious you are about your age!" With a wry smile and a quick curtsy she leaves quickly trailing behind Max who seemed like in a glowering mood. :So why are you such a grump? I think you should be happy getting out and doing something and lives will not be lost if we do our job properly. We just need to think positive!" She gives an impish grin "Five gold and a nights worth a drinks says I can take out more Legion lap dogs than you!"

Savior
2012-09-24, 07:32 PM
Max

Max scoffed as the team got together, being called grumpy made him give a soft chuckle. "Not grumpy, just wanted to make sure everyone was on the same page. Make sure you have everything you need, and meet me at the gates in fifteen to make it out on time for the wave." Max taps his hammer on his shoulder, signaling that their own 'meeting' was over. And with that, he moved to his tent again, to make some last minute notes on some maps or other key information he's gathered with other members of the units.

meemaas
2012-09-25, 09:04 PM
Within five minutes of the moment Max dismissed the meeting, the signal for the first wave was given. The noise echoed through the camp, and the sounds of combat could be heard quietly in the distance.

If nobody has anything to do, i'll move to the point where the group is meant to meet up.

After the fifteen minutes is up, from the gates, anyone present can see the bulk of the second wave prepared and waiting for their signal. They have five minutes left before the signal, and their own attack.

Savior
2012-09-25, 09:37 PM
Max

Resting his hammer across his right shoulder, the imposing figure waits for the rest of his team to gather, before they set off for their mission.

Morbis Meh
2012-09-25, 10:44 PM
Lucinda hums absently, content with her preparations.

Comissar
2012-09-26, 09:20 AM
Jaron shifted his heavy backpack on his shoulder and did a quick check of his pouches to make sure nothing would leak. Glancing at the others and seeing they're also ready, he sets out towards their destination.

Savior
2012-09-26, 03:29 PM
Max

Being the slower of the three, due to his armor's weight, Max is contempt with being multiple feet behind the other two. however, when it begins to be 50 or so feet, he double moves to close the distance.

meemaas
2012-09-27, 12:09 AM
The signal for the second wave sounds, and as the sounds of the charge can be heard, the party can notice in the distance a number of guards running from the main headquarters that the party can see vaguely towards the commotion, knowing full well what is going to happen. The party stops when it reaches the fence, not a gate in sight, but the building they are going to raid right beyond it.

Free reign now.

Savior
2012-09-27, 12:17 AM
Max

Assuming everyone reaches the gate at the same time, Max assumes a given right to be the leader, for he is the one with the large weapon, and armor. He snares a quick look around, but gives a light grasp to Jaron's shoulder, to go ahead and okay the placement of the key to the fence.

Perception check to notice anyone:[roll0]
Also, knowledge psionics to notice anything extra ordinary as is:[roll1]

Morbis Meh
2012-09-27, 08:47 AM
Lucinda gingerly skips along behind Max, appearing to be aloof but actually focusing on everything around her. She knew max like to take charge and he did have a good head on his shoulders but he was sometimes just not subtle enough. Why use a hammer when needle would word? She knows that the situation will get ugly she was just focused on looking for a more efficient way of dealing with it. All of the soldiers could not be branded as evil, in fact most were probably either transcipted against their will or trying to feed their families. So paying particular attention to their route, Lucinda looks for the simplest means of entry so they can complete their objective while limiting loss of life.

She will cast mage armor on herself as part of her prep
perception [roll0]

spells for the day:
0:
Detect magic
Dancing Lights

1:
Mage armor (used)
Ear Piercing Scream
Enlarge person (for max :smallbiggrin: )
Peacebond (in case we run into some officer not prepared for us)
Silent Image

2:
Glitterdust
Hold person
Web
Darkness
Blindness/Deafness

3:
Ray of Exhaustion
Stinking cloud
Suggestion

meemaas
2012-09-27, 02:10 PM
Lucinda/Max

You see little of interest that you don't already see once the soldiers have moved out.

Comissar
2012-09-29, 09:21 AM
Humming quietly to himself, Jaron produced the vial of acid from his pouch and ambled forward to set it to work on the fence. He splashed it over a wide section without ceremony, it'd take a few moments for it to eat all the way through the metal and there was nothing to do but wait while it did so. He took the oppertunity to reach into his pockets and start mixing an extract. As he crushed various plant roots and berries, he added a healthy dose of an ominous looking blue liquid. The mixture, once complete, almost looked like water, only a slight greasy texture to the liquid giving away its true nature.

Glancing up from his work, he saw that the acid had finished its job. He pocketed his extract and, accompanied by the faintest metallic scraping, drew his Rapier.

"The way is open my friends."

OoC:
I'm assuming the acid will take about a minute or so to burn through the fence, Jaron will use that time to prepare a "True Strike" extract then draw his Rapier

Savior
2012-09-29, 01:15 PM
Max

Max nods, and pushes forwards through the fence. He aims his hammer directly forward, not so much threateningly, but readying himself for some danger. If all goes smoothly, he walks to the side of the target, waiting for the rest of the team.

Morbis Meh
2012-09-29, 02:30 PM
Lucinda walks by and a dreamy expression fills her face as her humming grows silently into a quite song in elven... Anyone who knew her could tell she was keeping her magic built up and ready for any unwary soul who met them.

Readied Action: Slumber when the first hostile target is spotted DC 22 will save or fall asleep for 6 rounds

meemaas
2012-09-29, 09:22 PM
As the party gets into position, a man turns the corner behind them. Startled suddenly, Lucinda is given enough time to turn on him and release her magic, the young soldier falling on his face asleep.

He failed the save miserably. Not like he had a chance of making it.

Savior
2012-09-29, 10:38 PM
Max

Max looked around, and then motioned the other two to go forward, while he hefted the legs of the knocked out guard. Dragging the body along, he stashed it in a dark shadow, coming up behind the others.

Perception:[roll0]

Morbis Meh
2012-09-30, 06:34 PM
Lucinda gives a whimsical smile and giggles lightly, looking at Max "One for me, first blood!" She then resumes her song dancing slightly as she moves.

Perception [roll0]
readied action: Slumber hex

Savior
2012-09-30, 07:09 PM
Max

"Not first blood if all you do is put them to sleep with a lullaby." Max reaches over and pats the witch's back with a smile however. "But, great job never the less."

Comissar
2012-10-01, 05:28 AM
As they walked along, Jaron carefully pulled out a small case of a dark brown resinous substance. Taking great care to not let it touch his skin, he applied a smear of it to the tip of his blade.

OoC:
Jaron will be applying one dose of Blood Root to his Rapier as they walk. He doesn't run the risk of poisoning himself thanks to a class skill.

meemaas
2012-10-02, 12:17 AM
As you and your gang of merry men circle around the building towards the backdoor, you hear very little in the way of activity inside the building, in fact, you hear nothing more, period. It has only been a minute or two since you knocked out the sentry, who had come from this direction, and there has yet to be any lights on besides the one outside the door itself.

Savior
2012-10-08, 10:57 PM
Max

Max goes for the door, and checks for the sounds of whispers or snores.

Morbis Meh
2012-10-09, 08:25 AM
Lucinda is content to stay behind Max, singing softly in preparation for conflict, it was somewhat odd that the halls were empty. Usually during an attack people were scrambling here and there... she really hoped this wasn't a set up.

I feel like the blonde witch from hocus pocus :smallbiggrin:

meemaas
2012-10-11, 01:10 PM
Max

You hear little of note, it almost sounds like the building is empty.

Savior
2012-10-11, 04:27 PM
Max

Waiting for his team to get behind him, Max tries the door silently at first, but is ready to brutefully open the door.

meemaas
2012-10-13, 05:18 PM
Max

The door doesn't open when you try calmly. Make a strength check to break the door down.

Savior
2012-10-13, 06:02 PM
Strength check:[roll0]

meemaas
2012-10-13, 10:16 PM
Max heaves with all his strength into the door, but the door stands firm, leaving only the loud crack from the collision to note his attempt. The noise seems to startle those inside, because suddenly all at once yelling could be heard behind the door, although you can't understand all of it, you recognize orders to move into position.

Savior
2012-10-13, 11:22 PM
Max

Although his plan to barge in failed, he came up with another on the spot. He pulled the witch up front, but guarded her, giving her perfect line of sight to the door. From there, he slammed on the door with his earth breaker, giving Jaron plenty of time to come up with his own idea. Lucinda was protected by Max's body, until enemies could be seen.

Attack roll on the door: [roll0]

Comissar
2012-10-14, 04:09 AM
Jaron quickly realised that subtlety was being abandoned here. Without hesitation, he drank the concoction he had just brewed. Time seemed to crystalise as he did so, everything around him looked as though it were moving infinitely slowly. He knew with certainty that he could land a deadly blow on whoever came at him first, but he also knew that this feeling would not last long.

Jaron is drinking the True Strike Extract

meemaas
2012-10-14, 08:45 PM
Max smashes into the door with his hammer, the collision creating a loud crack as the door starts to splinter, but remains attached to the walls. Lights turn on and you can hear footsteps before your next swing.

As everything was timed to the second, thats whatjusthappened. Next, i'm going to assume Max swings again, so no need to roll or anything.

His second and third swing smashes the door to pieces, the splinters flying around as you can see three people scrambling into position, a red outlined boar between you and the enemy. The boar snarls and holds it ground as it sees the party.

This time around i'm giving you three the initiative, since you were prepared, and they weren't. Have at it. I'll geta map up tomorrow if you need it, but the doorway is five foot wide, so you can't share it

Morbis Meh
2012-10-14, 09:23 PM
Lucinda smiles and her song changes pitch and rhythmn as she begins to trace her fingers through the air in a noticible pattern. Instantaneously a cloud of thick noxious green fog materializes inside the room.

Stinking Cloud DC 19

Savior
2012-10-14, 09:57 PM
Max

Smart enough to not go inside the building, he moves his Witch teammate out of the open door, and stood in front of her.

Just going to back Lucinda up, and stand in front of her.

Comissar
2012-10-15, 05:42 AM
Jaron starts shaking in anticipation as he sees the Boar through the door. Hurriedly, he grabs a vial from his pockets and gave it a vigorous shake, mixing the pale green liquid with a dab of powder attatched to the underside of the lid. Almost instantly, the mixture began to heat up and froth. Without waiting, he threw it directly at the boar. With a loud bang, the concoction exploded violently.

Woo, Bomb! Jaron can make 10 more bombs today.

He's using the Explosive Bomb discovery (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/alchemist/discoveries/paizo---alchemist-discoveries/explosive-bomb) to increase the radius to 10 ft. (deals 8 damage in that radius, DC 18 Reflex save to halve). It also sets the Boar on fire (1d6 Fire damage per round, full round reflex save to put out) if it hits.

Bomb to hit the Boar (including True Strike and Point Blank Shot) - [roll0]

Normal Damage - [roll1]

Fire Damage (if you need them seperate) - [roll2]

meemaas
2012-10-16, 05:49 PM
As the cloud forms, the Boar and one of the men behind it collapsing, the man looking like he's going to puke, as he tries to escape out of the cloud into the door behind him. As he tries, Jaron's bomb explodes, missing the boar but still spreading enough to hit the escaping man before he gets out the door. Of the remaining two, the first leaps through the cloud, roaring as he crashes into Max shoving Max backwards to make enough room for him to fight without being inside the cloud.

Bull rush [roll0]
[roll1]

To explain, the man Bullrushed Max back 5 foot, but failed to go any further, because Lucinda's CMD was better than his second check.

The other one backs out of the room, leaving his companion to fight the three of them as he closes the door, locking it.

Savior
2012-10-16, 07:06 PM
Max

Being the strong type, max rears his weapon for a single blow across the man's body. He focused for the one hit, and devoured the man's body with his earthbreaker, in an attempt to knock the bloke out in one monstrous blow.

Expending my Psionic focus for Deep impact, along with Power attack and Furious focus.
Attack:[roll0] VS touch AC
Damage:[roll1] Using Power attack ,but without the penalty to my attack, due to furious focus.

Move action: regain Psionic Focus.

Morbis Meh
2012-10-18, 08:10 AM
Lucinda song reaches her crescendo then the tone and rhythmn changes altogether into a slower, deeper funeral song. Her finger are moving all the while in a slow decripit movement summoning forth a dark orb that she then launches out at the soldier caught in the fog.

Ray of exhaustion DC 19 Fort fail and be exhausted, pass and be fatigues
ranged touch attack [roll0]

Comissar
2012-10-19, 11:09 AM
Annoyed with himself for fumbling such an easy throw, Jaron lunged forwards with his rapier at the nearest target. The tip of the weapon promised a particularly painful wound with the resinous toxins smeared on it.

Jaron will make an attack against the nearest viable opponent, moving as far as necessary to do so unless it would take him out through the other side of the fog cloud.

Attack Roll - [roll0]
Damage Roll - [roll1]
Crit. Confirm (if appropriate) - [roll2]
Additional Crit. Damage (if appropriate) - [roll3]

If injured, the target will need to make a DC 12 Fortitude save against Blood Root (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/afflictions/poison/bloodroot). The poison remains on the rapier for another 3 succesful attacks thanks to the sticky poison discovery.

meemaas
2012-10-19, 09:33 PM
Saves
[roll0] vs. DC 12

[roll1] Vs. DC 19

Max's Earthbreaker smashes into the light suit of chain armor his foe was wearing, the reverberations shaking the man cleanly to his core. As he focuses for a mere second, the man takes the second from the recoil to shove his sword upward into Max's gut.

Attack of opportunity[roll2]
Damage [roll3]

Max takes 5 damage

Jaron's rapier thrust meanwhile finds its way right through the chain, piercing his skin as though he were unarmored, and causing the man to recoil as blood begins to leak out of the wound. In retaliation, he raises his longsword above his head with both hands, putting all his strength into it as he swings it this time towards Jaron, putting every ounce of strength he has into attempting to cleave the poor alchemist in two. Unfortunately for him, the nimble alchemist manages to avoid the attack easily, as though it were childs play.

Attack roll [roll4]
Damage [roll5]

The boar amongst the cloud gets hit by Lucinda's ray, and finds itself having a hard time trying to escape, as it tries to hobble out of range of the cloud, collapsing on the ground when it succeeds.

As it stands, Max and Jaron are mano a mano with the soldier, and the boar is pretty much out of commission.

Savior
2012-10-21, 10:54 PM
Max

Max attempts his attack once more, trying to fry the man's chances of attaining another hit like the first.

Expending my Psionic focus for Deep impact, along with Power attack and Furious focus.
Attack:[roll0] VS touch AC
Damage:[roll1] Using Power attack, but without the penalty to my attack, due to furious focus.

Move action: Regain Psionic Focus.

Morbis Meh
2012-10-22, 08:19 AM
Lucinda offers a small smile and a giggle "My, My Max, seems like you're losing your edge if it is taking you this long. I shall offer you my assistance dear friend!" She resumes her slow, soothing song and directs her focus on the injured soldier.

meemaas
2012-10-23, 04:51 PM
The man falls victim to Lucinda's music, it almost seems like the strength drains out of him as he falls to the ground, snoring where he now lays. Within moments, the cloud fades away in the room, and once you look in, you see that the boar is no longer present either. You also see no sign of the other men who were present in the room before you entered.

Savior
2012-10-23, 08:21 PM
Max

Without wasting time, Max hefts his large hammer up, and drops it on the sleeping man's skull. The art of war is a merciless one, so he walks around the corpse out of respect, and through the empty room, to the next door.

Morbis Meh
2012-10-24, 08:07 AM
Lucinda skips along merrily and says a quick prayer for the fallen as she passes by. As they make it inside the other room she looks at the door where the other man left and looks expectantly to Jaron "You're up, Jar Jar, I wouldn't be surprised if this was a trap so you better do a good job!"

Comissar
2012-10-24, 02:02 PM
Jaron walks forwards quickly, sidestepping the body as he does so. He picked out a few different ingredients from his selection and, muttering to himself as he did so, started to add different amounts to a vial.

"Yes... Yes, that should do the trick"

Holding the vial carefully, he moved up to the door. Opening it quickly, he gave the vial a quick shake and then tossed it towards the first person he saw on the other side.

"Catch!"

Once again, throwing an explosive bomb at the first target Jaron sees on the other side of the door. Radius of 10 ft. (deals 8 damage in that radius, DC 18 Reflex save to halve). It also sets the target on fire (1d6 Fire damage per round, full round reflex save to put out) if it hits.

Attack Roll - [roll0]
Bomb Damage - [roll1]
Fire Damage - [roll2]

Jaron has 9 bombs remaining today.

meemaas
2012-10-24, 07:16 PM
As Jaron looks into the next room, he ends up staying his hand. There is nobody in the hallway. Looking into the halls, he finds it goes both ways about 120 foot each, with doors on both sides sixty feet down each side, one door at each end down the hallway 120 foot away, and then one directly across the hall from the door Jaron opened. One door 60 foot down on Jaron's left is partially open, but other than that, there is no clue to where the escapees left to.

Savior
2012-10-24, 07:33 PM
Max

Walking in front of the other two, Max sets up his hammer out of the way of the door, and places his foot into the crack of the door. He looks around for anyone before he looks over to Jaron. He then whispers orders. "When I open this door, throw that in there, if you see anyone. Understood?" Without waiting for a response, he motions Lucinda behind him. "Stay behind me."

Max then waits for everyone to get into position, before he opens the door.

Morbis Meh
2012-10-26, 12:35 PM
Lucinda gets into position quietly singing to herself in preparation.

Comissar
2012-10-26, 04:31 PM
Jaron nodded silently, his fist clenched around the seemingly harmless vial. He gets ready to throw it at the first thing that moved beyond the door.

Savior
2012-10-26, 06:44 PM
Max

Max creaks the door completely open, and then turned to allow Jaron perfect view of the room.

meemaas
2012-10-26, 07:34 PM
The room is devoid of people, but appears to be a small armory. There isn't that much left in the room, but there are a few well made short swords, and a few suits of chainmail remaining noticeably on the shelves.

Comissar
2012-10-30, 04:28 PM
Glancing around the room, Jaron saw it to be empty and moved forward cautiously. Once he was convinced that there really was nobody in there, he turned to his companions and gestured vigorously that they should move up with him.

Savior
2012-10-30, 04:49 PM
Max

Max allows Lucinda to enter, and then he stayed at the door, looking around. He just scanned the room, ready to leave once more.

Morbis Meh
2012-10-30, 05:05 PM
Lucinda cheerfully steps through the door and chants her song to a simply rhythmic chant suddenly her vision changes and the world takes on a slight purplish hue.

Casting Detect Magic because I can

meemaas
2012-10-30, 05:06 PM
Lucinda

Most of the equipment doesn't show off an aura, although there's a suit of scale armor on the shelf that gives a weak magical aura

Morbis Meh
2012-10-30, 05:22 PM
Lucinda looks around herself in case her magical senses missed something obvious.
perception [roll0]

Once she is satisfied she casually strolls over to the suit of scale male and picks it up, with a definite amount of strain, then struggles awkwardly with it before throwing it at the feat of Max "Oh Maxy-poo would you mind carrying this while we continue on, it's magical and may or may not be valuable! Pretty please with a cherry on top?" She pulls out her bottom lip and gives him puppy dog eyes while clasping her hands together against her chest.

meemaas
2012-10-30, 05:26 PM
Lucinda

You can't find anything else, that isn't attached to you or your allies, not even through the walls.

Savior
2012-10-30, 07:06 PM
Max

Max lifted the weight of the armor, and planted a hand up, signalling the two to wait. He closed the door, leaving them inside the armory, where they could easily fend for themselves. Without halting, Max ran through the already cleared sections of the camp, and placed the armor by the door they entered from, letting it wait there for him. He booked it back to the armor, opening the door. "Let's move."

Double moves the whole time.

Comissar
2012-10-31, 02:50 AM
Jaron nodded, eager to get back in the action.

"Ready to go"

Morbis Meh
2012-10-31, 08:05 AM
Lucinda skips along merrily humming her steady tune, ready to change it's rhythmn at any moment.

Savior
2012-10-31, 03:07 PM
Max

Max aims his index finger down the hallway. He turns left once they leave the armory, and resumes holding his Earthbreaker with quite the authority. "Jaron, bring up the rear."

Comissar
2012-10-31, 05:13 PM
"On it boss."

Jaron dropped back so as to be the back of their small group. In one hand he still clutched his vial, with the other he held his poison-tipped Rapier.

meemaas
2012-11-02, 09:21 PM
Turning out the door, you head down quickly to the door at the end of the hallway. A preliminary examination (perception checks) finds no noise behind the door. But as always, it is your decision to go in or not

Savior
2012-11-02, 09:28 PM
Max

Max continues straight, testing the door at the end of the hallway, seeing if it was locked or not.

meemaas
2012-11-02, 09:50 PM
As you open the door, you find the two who escaped earlier digging through some bags. This appears to be a bunk room, with two dozen beds lining the walls total. The men appear to be preoccupied looking, and don't even notice the door opening.

Savior
2012-11-02, 09:51 PM
Max

Without a word, he pulls his team back, and motions to Lucinda, asking her silently to take those two out at once.

Morbis Meh
2012-11-04, 04:20 PM
Lucinda shapes her song into its standard, lulling rhythm, letting it flow out softly towards the first man.
Slumber DC 22

meemaas
2012-11-04, 06:49 PM
Will save [roll0]

The closest one drops asleep, and the other turns and looks at the party. His hands up in the air together. "Whoa. I surrender. Please don't kill me. Please." While he does he grabs his hands, one with the other, and watches them carefully, backing up a bit.

Savior
2012-11-04, 06:55 PM
Max

Max whispers, not looking at the man that surrendered. "Anyone against me killing him? Or at least knocking him out. Of course, anyone have restraints?"

meemaas
2012-11-04, 06:56 PM
The man shakes his head violently. "I have some restraints in my bag. I'll give them to you if you spare me. Please." He pulls his hands apart to point towards the bag him and his companion were looking through, stepping away from it.

Savior
2012-11-04, 06:58 PM
Max

"Get them out, and toss them to me. Make a move i don't like, i squash you. Okay?" Max raises his hammer with authority.

meemaas
2012-11-04, 07:01 PM
"Yessir." He rifles through the bag for a minute, then removes a pair of manacles and lobs them in Max's direction with one hand, allowing the pair to slide some distance on the floor before stopping not far from Max's foot. After they've stopped, the man holds his hands dutifully in front of him, his hands balled tight as he waits.

Savior
2012-11-04, 07:10 PM
Max

Hefting his hammer up, not wanting to waste time, Max held the manacles with both hands, at the same time as his hammer. Being the most well protected of the group, Max steps over the downed foe, and makes way to the new prisoner. He attempts to close the manacles on the prisoner's wrists, still resting his hammer, in order to drop the manacles, and be able to fight in an instant.

meemaas
2012-11-04, 07:11 PM
The man allows Max to bind him without a fight, keeping his hands closed tight to avoid any form of struggle.

Savior
2012-11-04, 08:06 PM
Max

Max slings the man by his new fangled chains, and placed the blunt of his force to throwing the man under the table. "Stay down there. Attempt to move or harm me, or one of mine, I'll break something. Okay?"

meemaas
2012-11-05, 10:42 PM
The man nods his head vigorously and watches Max, sighing a sigh of relief that he's still alive.

Savior
2012-11-05, 11:35 PM
Max

"Search the room you two. Anything that's worth taking, take. When we're done. He's coming with us." Max remains eye contact with the young prisoner, stern and a willingness to kill in his eyes.

Morbis Meh
2012-11-06, 09:26 AM
Lucinda giggles as she approached the young soldier, bending to stroke his face lightly "My he is a cute one isn't he, or maybe my standards have only been lowered since I hang around you too heehee." Standing up straight she goes over to where the two soldiers were looking so fervourently.

Perception [roll0]

meemaas
2012-11-07, 11:36 AM
Lucinda finds a few empty potion bottles, three pairs of intricate rings, and some sealed orders. The rings appear to have religious symbols engraved on them, with each one having exactly one other that matches it.

Read the next section only if you choose to open them.

Sealed Orders

Upon attempting to read the orders, the writing explodes, dealing [roll0] damage to the reader. anyone within 10 feet can make a reflex save (DC 16) for half. After the paper explodes, you find that it has been destroyed utterly by the spell.

Morbis Meh
2012-11-07, 11:55 AM
Lucinda grabs the rings and attempts to discern if they are magical, whilst placing the sealed orders into her bag, this was something useful to give to her superior.

Casting Detect magic on the rings, who knows we may get something for them :smallbiggrin: Also wasn't finding these orders our objective?

meemaas
2012-11-07, 12:01 PM
The rings do not glow as magical. They seem to be pretty ordinary, except for the religious symbols.

Those orders are not your objective. You are looking for various transport schedules. Things that will come in handy to the resistance. Those orders are specific to the people who have them, and, while detailing information you might need to know, will not get you a kudos for bringing them back for Dunkel. Just saying.

Morbis Meh
2012-11-07, 01:01 PM
Lucinda shrungs and places the rings on her fingers despite them not being enchanted. "Well, I suppose we can carry on, we have more documents to collect. Though these orders may or may not be worthwhile, Uncle Dunkel can be the judge of that!"

Meh she doesn't know that, better be safe than sorry IMO, who can truly say? Tally Ho group!

Savior
2012-11-07, 04:54 PM
Max

Max shrugs his hammer back into a rest over his arm, and points to the prisoner. With little hesitation, he yanks the man up by the manacles, and resumes heed through the door. "Onto the next room. Stay behind him, and let me lead."

Max walks down to the next unexplored room, and places the man against the closed door, where he can barely talk. "Anyone in there? If so, tell me now, or, they'll be attacking you."

meemaas
2012-11-08, 12:38 AM
The man smiles as they leave the room. Once pressed up against the wall, he turns his head down the hallway, listening to Max talk in the meanwhile. As he does, a translucent arrow spirals at him, hitting the half-giant clean through the chest, and piercing through. Surprisingly, the strike doesn't draw blood, but instead releases both intense cold and electricity into the body, causing him to recoil a bit as the cold attempts to slow him down.
As the arrow vanishes into thin air, having done its damage, the prisoner pulls his hands free, the manacles open within an instant, but he himself still held against the wall with strength he can't quite overwhelm.
In the distance, there stand a man, dressed as an officer, holding a bow made of what appears to be Crystal, with a glare in his eyes. "That happens to be my man you are holding. Return him, and i'll let you free." He lobs a small ring down the hallway so it can be seen, cracks through the ring.

Incoming Attack roll [roll0]
Damage [roll1] done as cold damage
Bonus Damage [roll2]

Max takes 13 damage, 7 cold, 6 electricity.
Make a Fort save DC 18 or have your speed cut in half for a round.

Next up, Initiative
Max [roll3]
Lucinda [roll4]
Jaron [roll5]
Prisoner [roll6]
??? [roll7]

Surprise round is over, party may act in any order. You guys are in the hallway, which is pretty much five foot across and 120 foot long.

Morbis Meh
2012-11-08, 10:02 AM
Lucinda pokes one eye out into the hallway, using the doorway as cover then begins to sing but this song is very gutteral and primal, the words are very dark and filled with mallice, calling forth invisible demons to scratch out the eyes of the poor victim.
Well.... I don't have knowledge religion as a skill nor do i have a rank in it but I can make the check I will do so, if not ignore the roll
[roll0]

Savior
2012-11-08, 04:18 PM
Max

Feeling the adverse effects of the arrow, Max had never intended to charge the new target. The target right now was the pinned man. He kept body weight on the prisoner, and swung with forceful might at the foe, attempting to harm the prisoner enough to knock him out.

After his attack, max channels his martial power through to his weapon, enhancing it's powers greatly.

Expand Psionic focus to make the attack touch AC. Power attack, with no penalty, due to furious focus.
Attack:[roll0] Damage:[roll1]

Martial power: Metaphysical Weapon. Additional +1 enchantment to the Earthbreaker, lost 1 PP. Current PP: 28

Move action: Regain focus.

Comissar
2012-11-10, 05:06 AM
Jaron hops from foot to foot, the narrow corridor was too long for him to get a bomb down and it would take too long to mix a new infusion at this point.

He leans close to Max and urgently whispered, "We need to get closer!"

meemaas
2012-11-10, 03:59 PM
Max smashes his hammer against the man, who feels its shockwaves coursing through him. The officer across the hallway steps forward a good distance, holding one hand on the bow, as he places his other hand where the bowstring would be. Pulling on it, a new arrow of psychic energy formed, which he released to fire towards Max once more.

Attack roll [roll0]
Damage [roll1] Done as Cold Damage. Max must make a Fort save DC 18 to move at full speed
Shock Damage [roll2]

As soon as his shot is fired, he hears the dark and malicious tone of Lucinda's music, the power of such music actually scratching out his eyes. The prisoner takes advantage of the sudden confusion, opening the door it would let him fall from where he was held, giving him a chance to scurry away into the room. Jaron finally finds his movement unimpeded as he passes by Lucinda to hide behind Max

New round. Post in any order. Also, right now, the order is from front to back, Max, Jaron, Lucinda, with Lucinda still in the room they came from. The prisoner escaped into the room Max was going to enter, but Max and Jaron can both take an AoO on him for retreating.

Savior
2012-11-10, 05:07 PM
Max

Max notices the man's retreat, and takes a full swing at the last image he could see of the would be prisoner. Miss or not, Max turns his attention to the blinded man. Nodding, he motions for Jaron to take control of the man retreating, and for Lucinda to stay and do as she wishes. After that was said, Max surges his psionic force, and creates a force in front of him, a shield. After that, he walks forward, lugging his hammer around.

AoO: Expending Psionic focus. Attack:[roll0] Damage:[roll1]

Move action, move 20 feet. Standard, cast Force screen on myself.

PP Remaining: 27

Comissar
2012-11-11, 05:56 AM
Jaron notices Max's hostage attempting to escape and takes the oppertunity to take a stab at him as he runs past. After making the lunge he turns his attention back to the archer at the end of the hall. Seeing that he was now within throwing distance, he moved forward as far as he could whilst staying behind Max and, giving the vial in his hand a shake for good measure, tossed the concoction down the corridor.

I don't know how far away the archer is in relation to Jaron, so I'm leaving range modifiers out, add them in after as appropriate :smallsmile:. The range increment on a bomb is 20ft. so he can throw it up to 100 ft. (albeit at a -10 penalty).

Attack of Opportunity - [roll0]
Damage - [roll1]
Crit. Confirm (If appropriate) - [roll2]
Crit. Damage (If appropriate) - [roll3]

If injured, the target will need to make a DC 12 Fortitude save against Blood Root (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/afflictions/poison/bloodroot). The poison remains on the rapier for another 2 successful attacks thanks to the sticky poison discovery.

Bomb has radius of 10 ft. (deals 8 damage in that radius, DC 18 Reflex save to halve). It also sets the target on fire (1d6 Fire damage per round, full round reflex save to put out) if it hits.

Bomb thrown at the Archer (sans. range modifiers) - [roll4]
Damage Roll - [roll5]
Fire Damage - [roll6]
Scatter (Assuming a miss, Table showing miss direction here (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/combat#TOC-Throw-Splash-Weapon)) - [roll7]

Morbis Meh
2012-11-13, 07:52 PM
Lucinda's song switchs pitch and tempo yet again becoming more frigid and slow, the words cutting through the muscle like a chilling wind freezing them to the bone thus impeding their movement.

Hold person on the officer DC 18 VS so this guys should be good lol

meemaas
2012-11-14, 12:03 AM
As soon as Max creates his shield, the man, his eyes closed, starts launching attacks towards Max trying to shoot him down from memory. As he does so, he takes a step back, careful with his movement to avoid tripping up.

Attack 1 [roll0]
Damage [roll1] As cold damage
Damage 2 [roll2] As cold damage
Miss chance [roll3]
Attack 2 [roll4]
Damage [roll5]
Miss chance [roll6]
Attack 3 [roll7]
Damage [roll8]
Miss chance [roll9]

Max must make a fort save DC 18 again.

As the arrows fly, Lucinda's song strikes out at the archer, but he shrugs it off as though it were nothing. The prisoner disappears out into the room he escaped into, bleeding from the wounds he was left. Jaron's bomb collides with the archer and causes him to catch on fire, the explosion sending him off balance.

Late, but Fort save for Blood root [roll10]

Round 3 starts.

Morbis Meh
2012-11-14, 09:40 AM
Lucinda noting the resistance of the of officer yet again, this time into an upbeat joyous melody renewing vigor to the heart, she steps out and moves towards Max and focus it on him.

Move towards max + Fortune Hex, I will cackle the next round so it will come into effect when it's time to hit the bugger.

Savior
2012-11-14, 10:26 AM
Max

Sighing with a military mind, he puts his wisdom to work, and focuses on getting out of this alive. his body engrosses, becoming more toned and powerful.

Fully augmented Vigor, for 6PP 30 temporary hp. 35 Hp.
Move action to regain psionic focus. Swift action, to move 5 feet toward the man.

21 PP remaining.

Comissar
2012-11-14, 05:17 PM
Jaron grinned as he saw the archer catch fire. It was about time he saw his mixture at work in the field! Without hesitating he selected another of the seemingly innocent vials and, giving it a vigorous shake first, tossed it at the burning opponent.

Again, not entirely sure how far away the archer is so I'll leave range modifiers out, just add them in as appropriate.

As ever, bomb has radius of 10 ft. (deals 8 damage in that radius, DC 18 Reflex save to halve). It also sets the target on fire (1d6 Fire damage per round, full round reflex save to put out) if it hits.

Bomb thrown at the Archer (sans. range modifiers, +1 if within 30 ft.) - [roll0]
Damage Roll - [roll1]
Fire Damage (I don't know if this can actually be reapplied, ignore if it can't) - [roll2]
Scatter (Assuming a miss) - [roll3]

8 Bombs left for today.

meemaas
2012-11-14, 06:31 PM
Max's power invigorates him, giving him a second wind, as the archer tries to slide himself backwards, shaking and hitting a wall trying to wrestle the fire off of him. His efforts, unfortunately for our heroes, succeeds, and as he regains his composure, he holds up his bow again, as though ready to go on.

Reflex save DC 18 [roll0] or take [roll1]

Lucinda's music reaches max, and he begins to feel as though he is having the luckiest moment he's ever had, and Jaron's bomb, lobbing over the parties heads, bounces off a wall and explodes, the blast lurching out at its range to hit the archer anyways.

Reflex save DC 18 [roll2] for half

Savior
2012-11-14, 09:32 PM
Max

Max notices the time limit they all had, and forces his body into a maximum run. He used his focus to force himself further than he normally could, and was on the man in no time.

Run, and spend 3 PP to use hustle, gaining the extra 10 feet to be directly in front of the archer.

18 PP remaining.

Morbis Meh
2012-11-15, 09:09 AM
Lucinda's song breaks as she lets out a maddening cackle from her lips while she follows behind Max. To everyone else it is a harsh laugh that's slightly disconcerning but to Max he feels his good luck stay on a roll.

So they ye have it, Savior next turn you can get a free reroll if you so need to

Comissar
2012-11-15, 06:48 PM
Jaron frowned as he saw Max charge the archer. He couldn't throw another bomb at their opponent without catching Max in the explosion. Instead, he started work on a concoction designed to mend wounds, glancing up occasionally to keep track of the fighting.

Jaron is going to start creating a Cure Light Wounds extract, I'm working on the assumption that the rounds needed to make it don't need to be consecutive which will allow him to stop and start fighting again if needs be.

Also, I'm going to be unable to post this weekend. I'll be back late Sunday, but likely won't post until Monday.

meemaas
2012-11-15, 11:00 PM
Max charges up to close the distance with the archer, and the archer, hearing his approach, turns and tries to run. As he does, both Lucinda and Jaron prepare themselves for more.

Acrobatics check for the archer. [roll0]

The archer runs thirty feet. He stops there, unsure of where he is. Max gets an attack of opportunity for this.

New round starts.

Savior
2012-11-15, 11:30 PM
Max

AoO:[roll0] Damage:[roll1]

Max allowed the man to leave, only after getting in a decent attempt at harming him. Once he could react, Max charged at his foe, and attempted a clean strike through any and all armor the man had on.

Power attack, Deep Impact, Furious focus.
Charging Attack:[roll2] Damage:[roll3]

meemaas
2012-11-15, 11:53 PM
The man takes both hits, and collapses after Max's charge. He is bleeding heavily, and starts talking with his last breath. "Lord...Pagen...He's coming. The ring..will alert him. You are strong...It'll be a shame to see you die...but its for the best." After his exertion, he collapses facefirst into the ground, dead. The ring on his hand begins to crack.

Within less than ten seconds, a teleportation circle appears in the middle of the room behind the archer, and out from it steps a face familiar to both Lucinda and Max. As you knew him, Lord Pagen, one of two who work directly under Legion himself. He takes a look at the fallen and smiles. "Useless scum. Trash like you never belonged in our empire. He holds out his hand, a number of rays of fire releasing from it, each would collide with the corpse and burn through it, the end result being a pile of ash where the corpse once was. The only items left were his headband and the bow he held. Pagen then steps forward towards Max and the others, and despite having seen him before, they find themselves locked in place. It is as though his sheer power is preventing them from acting. "Max, i see you're still alive. I guess the assassin failed, didn't he? Maybe i should do that job right now. Ah, but no. I'm a fair man. You've taken this camp fair and square, but its barely important to us. Once we uncover the legend, this war will mean nothing." He turns, laughing, and then begins vanishing, the last thing to be seen going is his head.

Congratulations. You have won. There is still the prisoner, hiding in the room, but as Pagen just said, you guys just captured an entire enemy camp singlehandedly. Be proud of yourselves. Post at will.

Savior
2012-11-16, 12:00 AM
Max

Plucking the headband and bow he earned, Max returned down the hallway and kicked in the door. Before anything else, he finds the man that eluded them, and smiled, holding his hammer up. "I could either slowly kill you, or you can talk to us, and maybe live. Personally, i want to murder you."

Regained Focus during the walk.

meemaas
2012-11-16, 12:14 AM
As Max enters, he finds a pile of ash where the man would have been. Apparently Pagen paid him a visit.

Savior
2012-11-16, 12:20 AM
Max

"Welp, there goes that lead. With the boss out of commission, this place should be easy to dictate. Find the documents we came for, and meet back in the room we first entered."

Max departed for the first unopened door he could find. he looked around for anything of worth.

perception:[roll0]

Morbis Meh
2012-11-18, 02:34 PM
Lucinda sighs deeply at the unexpected destruction of the corpses... for they know important information could have been on them, she says nothing as Max recovers the items left behind by the officer. While Max goes into the other room to presumably speak to the prisoner, Lucinda does what she can to finish the mission thus begins searching for the required documents.

meemaas
2012-11-18, 05:22 PM
Max

The room you search turns out to be a kitchen, being situtated across from the dining area. There is plenty of food, spices, and so on, but nothing of interest militarily.

Lucinda

A search of the area finds you the following layout.

{table=head]Map
{table=head]Ding? | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
A | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - |
B | - | - | Sparring | - | Kitchen | - | Sparring | - | - |
C | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - |
D | Bunks | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | Office |
E | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - |
F | - | - | Armory | - | Dining | - | Armory | - | - |
G | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - |
[/table][/table]

The Sparring rooms contain target dummies practice weaponry, and both have doors outside. The exits lead to a ramp that declines and meets in the center, and the first armory is the one you've visited already. The Office appears to have been the quarters for the officer you've just now beaten.

Comissar
2012-11-19, 08:00 AM
Jaron adds the final few ingredients to the vial he was holding, causing the liquid within to take on a deep blue colour. He offers the vial to Max, "You look like you could use this, you took a bit of a beating."

Having passed the concoction over, he begins the search for the papers they were sent to retrieve.

Savior
2012-11-19, 09:12 AM
Max

"Thank you." Max exits just in time to see the vial. He downs the drink, and moves on, in order to go past the officer, and towards the room near the ash pile. He searched around for as long as he needed to find his objective.

Taking as long as it takes to find the files.

Morbis Meh
2012-11-19, 09:15 AM
Lucinda goes into the office of the fallen commander but before beginning to blindly search she first begins chanting in a lone tone, causing her vision to change to a slightly purple hue.

Detect Magic because you never know...

meemaas
2012-11-19, 10:00 PM
You find nothing in the office that is magical, and a quick search through the office finds a large number of papers that seem important. Among others, you find the troop distribution schedules for the area, a few maps for the local area, and most importantly, plans for an attack on your own camp scheduled for tomorrow.

Morbis Meh
2012-11-20, 09:23 AM
Lucinda delicately grabs the documents and places them in her satchel "Well then, looks like we have completed our mission, shall we return to Uncle Duncle now? I feel it is time we get back for Max here owes me a drink!"

Savior
2012-11-20, 12:58 PM
Max

"Not quite. Find the armories. I want every weapon this place has. No point in a defeated camp, to own weapons."

Max retires to the door way from whence the group started at. He marched to collect the armor he set aside before, waiting on the two to grab the remaining items.

meemaas
2012-11-21, 03:14 PM
As max passes, he finds that at least the dead man there is still in one piece.

Checking the other armory, the party finds a very nice broadsword, that glows with the aura of magic, but not much else that isn't mundane.

Savior
2012-11-21, 03:27 PM
Max

As the others gather with the loot, Max lifts the armor from the first search, and begins off back to the camp to turn in the objective.

Morbis Meh
2012-11-21, 05:11 PM
Lucinda, who definitely is not a pack mule by any definition, skips along behind Max with her satchel carrying the documents retrieved from the office.

Comissar
2012-11-24, 04:54 AM
Jaron watches Lucinda leave a little despondently. "I suppose I'm carrying all of this then?"

Muttering to himself, he picks up the remainder of the loot that they'd taken and staggers off after the other two.

I must remember to research a potion to help with this...

Savior
2012-11-24, 11:00 AM
Max

Max turned around, and walked past Lucinda, a scowl on his face. The larger man makes an arm empty, carrying the bow and armor in his right arm. Max picks up half the things Jaron carried, and held onto it with his right arm. Turning around, Max resumed his lead, hustling ahead of Lucinda.

Morbis Meh
2012-11-24, 04:04 PM
Lucinda giggle "Now now, no scowling or grumbling men, you know a delicate little flower like me is no pack mule! Besides, I am here to make battle easier for you two, so in turn you can carry all of the findings. It's not like I am taking you to a bazaar and forcing you to lug around all of my purchases!"

Savior
2012-11-24, 08:33 PM
Max

Turning around, Max stops to look Lucinda in the face. "You do equal work in battle, you carry your share of rewards. Next time, I want to see you lugging around things, or you'll regret it." Max turns on his heels, and marches on towards the camp, hoping to end this mission already.

meemaas
2012-11-24, 09:36 PM
The party makes it back to the camp with little resistance, those few people that they did encounter on their trip back quickly surrendered, with the knowledge that their leader was gone. As you return to camp, you find the triumphant attacking force returning, with a large number of prisoners, but you avoid them in favor of hunting out Dunkel's tent.

Savior
2012-11-26, 07:21 PM
Max

Entering the tent, Max holds open the flaps for the rest of his team. Once everyone is in Dunkel's presence, he motions for Lucinda to show the files they captured.

Morbis Meh
2012-11-27, 09:18 AM
Lucinda glides through the tent opening and throws her satchel unceremoniously onto the table "Here you are uncle Dunkel, I even managed to find some sealed orders, i left them on top."

meemaas
2012-11-27, 07:11 PM
Dunkel opens the sealed orders first, interested in what they contained. After the papers explode in his face, he discards the flaming envelope, and gets to work on checking the remaining papers. After about ten minutes of going through them, he starts to speak. "Good job. It seems like you three have completed both your objective, and one that we had before now failed at. I'm impressed. As soon as you three took down their commanding officer, everyone we were fighting just gave up. It was a rousing success, and this information here will help me plan our next move. You are dismissed, although, if you'll speak with Minoru, he'll be able to check out that stuff you brought back."

Minoru is the camp's artificer. Yes, he is the 3.5 artificer, for those of you who know what that is. In essence, he is your store/crafter.

You guys have free reign to do as you wish for the remainder of the evening, or to move on to the next day. let me know when you wish to move on.

Savior
2012-11-27, 08:05 PM
Max

Leaving the other two with the armor and sword, Max left for the vendor, and placed the headband onto the counter, wanting a decent price. "Also, I would like to go up a size on my Earthbreaker, as soon as possible."

Morbis Meh
2012-11-27, 10:12 PM
Lucinda shrieks as the letter explodes in Dunkel's face she begins to tear up "I'm so soorrrrry Uncle, I thought, I thought it was important. Please forgive me!!! Anyway I am off to go drink, toodles~!" She dashes out the door and finds the nearest dice game (she usually does fairly well off of the guards)

Comissar
2012-11-28, 03:27 AM
Jaron jumps in surprise as the sealed orders explode. "If you give me a minute, sir, I can mix a healing potion for you."

He starts work on the potion, adding a small amount of various ingredients to a vial before finally passing it over. When he finished he turned to ask Max if he'd help him carry the armour and weapon to Minoru. The question died before it even left his lips as he saw he'd been left alone with their acquired loot. Again. Grumbling, he carried the two items to the artificer, making slow progress thanks to the weight.

meemaas
2012-11-28, 09:58 AM
Dunkel refuses the potion, the explosion seems to have not even scratched him. As the others leave, he sits down with his papers, going through them one after another.

Lucinda

Make a few d100 rolls for me, and tell me how much if anything you're betting on them.

Max

Minoru looks over the headband for a minute, then looks back at Max. "I can give you 2,000 gold for this, but i think you'd rather hold onto it yourself. It'll enhance your own innate powers. As for your earthbreaker, if you give it to me, i'll have you a new one in the proper size by tomorrow morning, no extra charge."

That headband is a headband of inspired wisdom +2

Jaron

When you get to the artificers tent, he's all alone, assuming the others have already left. He takes the items you give him and gives them a thorough looking over. "I can give you 1,110 gold for the sword, and 600 for the armor. Unless you wanna keep it for yourself."

+1 Longsword, and +1 Scale Mail.

Morbis Meh
2012-11-28, 10:31 AM
Dice Rolling!
Also... using fortune hex on meself because why not, cackling will make it last another round I shall roll three times so the first two rolls will have doubles (taking the best of each of course :smallbiggrin: )
Betting 10 gold on each dice roll [roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
you can treat it as the dice almost landing on a bad number then switching to a better one at the last minute and since it is a SLA no verbal or somatic components required XD

meemaas
2012-11-28, 10:33 AM
Lucinda

The other guards are still astounded by your luck, and after about an hour of playing with them, you walk away with an extra 80 gold from the four guards who were playing tonight. Lucky you.

Completely misread the numbers. You didn't win that much, but the 40 was enough to win. I gave a nudge for just being naturally lucky.

Morbis Meh
2012-11-28, 10:39 AM
whoops forgot the second rolls for the first two lol
[roll0]
[roll1]

Savior
2012-11-28, 12:06 PM
Max

Leaving his Earthbreaker with the competent man, Max retires to his tent, and drives a metal sliver into one of the larger wooden beams. Resting his prize from the war effort, the crystal bow, max begins wearing his headband, feeling the affects all at once, but knowing them to be futile in this state.

Max doesn't wait up for anything else, instead, he just wanders to bed, stripping his large armor off.

Beginning the 24 hour process of the headband now.

Comissar
2012-12-01, 03:28 AM
"1700, hmm? That seems a reasonable enough price."

Jaron pushes the armour and weapon across to the merchant and waits expectantly for the money in return.

meemaas
2012-12-02, 10:03 PM
The artificer takes the gear and counts out the proper coins for Jaron, handing him a small bag filled with platinum coins. "Nice doing business with you, my friend. I'll be around in a couple of days. I need a few alchemical supplies. Purely research i promise you."

As the party presumably hits the hay for the night, they find that night passes quickly, and morning arrives just as soon. As there are no orders for them, and no plans made, the party is on their own.

If you have anything you wish to do, you may request it. If not, just give me an ok, and i'll forward you to the next objective.

Savior
2012-12-03, 04:31 PM
Max

Max scrambles around his tent, putting his armor and the like on. Once ready, he moves down to the shop, and attends it for his new Earthbreaker.

Morbis Meh
2012-12-04, 12:42 AM
Lucinda awakes, groggy, disoriented and grumpy. As she clambers out from her cot she knocks over a half drunk bottle of wine which shatters as it makes contact. She spews out a line of curses that would make a pirate blush before waving her hand in a practised motion causing the wine to spontaneously disappear and the glass fragments to be swept away into the corner. Holding her head she shambles forth from her tent in very bad spirits.

meemaas
2012-12-05, 11:18 AM
Max

When you speak with Minoru, he immediately presents you with your new larger Earthbreaker, which as soon as you pick it up, you can feel it as naturally as you did your old one.

Lucinda

As you leave your tent, you find the typical hustle bustle of the camp, with a lot of it towards the new war prisoners.

Morbis Meh
2012-12-05, 11:24 AM
Lucinda mumbles darkly to herself, damn soldiers and their noisy tendancies, didn't they know she was a precious flower that needed her rest? She wished she could make everything go silent so her head could have a moments reprieve from the building headache. Plodding on she makes her way to Dunkel's tent for todays orders if there were any if not, she will simply make a B-line to the nearest alchemist and strangle them into making her an anidote.

meemaas
2012-12-05, 11:30 AM
There are no orders for today. And you realize that Jaron is the nearest Alchemist. Minoru, while capable, is not nearly as good as Jaron.

Comissar
2012-12-05, 05:47 PM
Jaron spends the morning at his lab, experimenting with various concoctions. Several of them issue some rather alarming noises whilst others create particularly pungent odours.

Jaron is preparing his extracts for the day:

Level 1: Cure Light Wounds x3, True Strike x1, Shield x1
Level 2: Invisibility x2, Restoration x1, Cat's Grace x1

Morbis Meh
2012-12-06, 09:32 AM
Lucinda drags herself to Jaron's tent and nearly vomits as she enters, she hated the ever present funny smell to the place but she knew that at the very least his concoctions did the trick. "Oh Jaaaaarrrroooon, I need to you to whip me up something for my hangover, that is unless you want me vomiting all over your tent!"

Comissar
2012-12-06, 01:43 PM
Jaron doesn't bother to look up from his work as Lucinda stumbles in, word of his work got around quickly in the camp and many soldiers had already badgered him for hangover cures. Initially he'd just turned them away but such a large number came that he'd resigned himself to providing for them. He gestured at a small table with dozens of vials of a slightly blue tinted liquid, "Drink one of those then find some water to wash it down with."

He glances up, making sure she was paying attention, "The water is important, if you don't follow that potion with enough of it then it could make the hang over worse rather than better."

He returns to his work, glancing up occasionally to make sure Lucinda isn't interfering with any of his delicate equipment.

The vials are just water with a little sugar in them, tinted blue with crushed flower petals. There's no cure quite like a placebo!

Morbis Meh
2012-12-06, 03:19 PM
Lucinda slumps over to the designated table, grabs three vials and proceeds to chug them down, halfway through this delicate display of supreme lady-like behaviour she spits out the contents and looks up furiously at the alchemist. "What the hell is this? These are vials of Alchemists kindness! I would definitely know if they were because they taste like fish blended with ginger! This merely a slightly sweet, flowery liquid that isn't even fizzy! Damn you I demand my fizzy bubbles you charlotan, what kind of sleazy operation you running here... oh my poor head... looks like I will have to wander to Minoru." Disheartened and still hung over, Luncinda meanders out of the tent.

Placebo's only work for people who aren't massive lushes and know the stuff that works :smallwink:

Savior
2012-12-07, 02:50 PM
Max

Heading from a silent, desolate area of the camp, of course practicing with his new weapon, Max brushes by all the hustling soldiers and prisoners. Making his way into Dunkel's tent, he assumed they had no orders, or else they would have been called upon. So, instead, he asked for permission to search the campsite that he and his team just secured.

meemaas
2012-12-09, 10:09 PM
After a short exchange with Dunkel, Max was granted the permission he requested, and it was suggested to take the others along. After they were sure it was safe, Dunkel planned to take full control of it for them, so having a first look was more than acceptable.

Savior
2012-12-09, 10:22 PM
Max

Max walks around the camp, already ready to go on to the empty camp site. He finds both Jaron and Lucinda, asking if they care to trek with him to the camp. He made sure to mention he was going with or without them, but they were more than welcome to come.

Morbis Meh
2012-12-10, 09:21 AM
Lucinda mutters to herself and follows behind Max begrudgingly, still yearning for an alchemical respite.

meemaas
2012-12-13, 09:42 AM
As the two of them enter the newly captured base, they find a number of options within sight to explore. There's the HQ building in which they invaded the night before, along with twelve other buildings scattered around the area, two of which are much taller than the others, one with a huge hole blown in its side.

It's up to the two of you what you want to explore

Sorry about the delay, i was waiting for whether or not Comissar was going to go with you, although this really is going to be uneventful

Savior
2012-12-13, 04:15 PM
Max

Max moves towards the large building with a hole blown into it. Knowing he didn't do it, it peaked his interest, and wants to find out what happened.

I'm batman.

Comissar
2012-12-14, 10:01 AM
Jaron continued with his various alchemical experiments. He had no particular desire to join Max on his trip, viewing it as merely an exercise in indulging curiosity. Instead he felt it best if he remained at the camp, able to lend his services were they required.

Exams over, I'll have a lot more free time now, post rate should pick up again.

meemaas
2012-12-15, 10:13 PM
As you approach the building with the hole in it, you find that the inside contains walls of shelves, and a staircase, part of which was blown with the wall. The door appears to be barred from the inside, and there's still traces of food on some of the shelves, mostly a bag of something or another every couple levels.

Morbis Meh
2012-12-17, 09:24 AM
Lucinder did what she could to find a nice shady spot to nurse her hangover "I got your back Max, just scream your head off and maybe I will show up..." She calls off as she watches him leave, searching again for a place to nap.

Takin 20 on this for a 32 it is serious business looking for a proper napping spot

Savior
2012-12-17, 01:13 PM
Max

Not enjoying the idea that a member of his team stays up drinking and gambling, Max simply scoffs, and turns off his foot, to search the place of any importance.

Perception check:[roll0]

meemaas
2012-12-17, 07:50 PM
Lucinda finds a nice little ledge by one of the buildings, a great shaded place to lay down and take a comfortable nap.

Max searches the tower, and doesn't find anything of interest in it, at least as far as he can make it up the tower. It appears to have been fully looted last night.

Savior
2012-12-17, 09:29 PM
I'll post the next eleven perception checks. If one of the buildings has something, let me know. Other than that, all up to you on fluff.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]

meemaas
2012-12-20, 09:35 AM
Six of the buildings turn out to be Barracks, with plenty of beds to house far more than the number of prisoners they had taken. One is another food storage tower, obviously. One contains the kitchen, it is close to the towers, two are armories, both of which have been fully plundered, and the final one is a large...for lack of a better term, Gym. There is nothing of interest in any of the buildings.

Savior
2012-12-20, 07:05 PM
Max

Max returns to Lucinda and taps her to gain her attention. "C'mon, we're done here."

With or without her, Max returns to attend Dunkel's tent, telling him what he found, and that everything of worth, such as weaponry, had been plundered. Also, Max mentioned the camps and barracks, meaning that most of the buildings were just ripe enough to house people. So, if prisoners ever became too many to hold here, the option was open to caravan to the newly discarded camp, and use their barracks and mess hall to hold prisoners of war.

Morbis Meh
2012-12-21, 09:42 AM
Lucinda grumbles mildly and Max rudely awakes her from a truly wonderful dream full of unicorns and gold and RUM... Her head still a little fuzzy she walks behind Max silently hoping that he will trip on a loose branch and fall on his face. She doesn't bother going into the tent with him knowing it will be some long winded report on the finding of nothing. So instead she goes on a quest for more RUM... just enough to get her moving then she may sit down and converse with some of the soldiers, telling a few fortunes to pass the time.

meemaas
2012-12-22, 09:08 PM
Max

Dunkel smiles at the information, and then, once Max is done with his report, starts to speak. "Our actual intentions are to use that area as our new base of operations, instead of these tents we have been using. I wish to have you three within the main building, along with my other lieutenants, and we will have a few tents up in the free space. It's all already been planned out. You are dismissed."

Barring any actual plans (no gambling rolls today) we can move on to the next day.

meemaas
2012-12-28, 09:22 PM
A couple days pass uneventfully, and the camp move to take over the area they had just conquered. Within a few days after that, Dunkel calls the three into his study. Once they are all there, he begins speaking.

"I have gone over the paperwork you retrieved, and plotted a possible plan of action. A good distance away is a workshop from which a lot of the Empire's weapons and armor are manufactured, and destroying it would be a terrible blow to the Empire. I've got a scout willing to lead you into the enemy territory, but it is up to you three to eliminate the workshop and everyone working in it. Do you accept?" He finished his sentence calmly, and a small seemingly little girl steps up next to him, beaming like she had been praised.

Sorry i held you guys up. Time for the next mission.

Savior
2012-12-28, 10:17 PM
Max

Standing in the meeting, Max held his now large crafted earthbreaker with the head on the floor, and his hands clasped overlapping on the pommel of the handle. Nodding solemnly, Max finally spoke up at the end.

"Yes, Sir. We'll of course accept."

Comissar
2012-12-31, 06:30 AM
Jaron raised an eyebrow, "She's leading us in?"

He shrugged, "Whatever, a kids going to draw less attention I guess. Any idea how far this place is? How long should we expect to be away from the camp?"

meemaas
2012-12-31, 09:31 PM
"She may look young, but she's the fastest scout i've got in my employ. She doesn't hold up in combat well, but she could outrun any of you in a heartbeat. As for your mission, i'm expecting well over a week, at best. Plan for a long trip."

He turns around and buries his face in more paperwork, then the girl steps forward and bows. "My name is Helga, It's nice to work with you. The men tell glorious stories of your victory over the empire this last fortnight."

Morbis Meh
2013-01-01, 05:08 PM
Lucinda chuckles "Well I am sure they didn't tell you of me getting hammered and Big Max here becoming a pin cushion. Let us keep the formalities and hero worship to a minimum please. Call me Lucy if you please and ignore Max he is a crabby pants from time to time but he is a teddy bear, also if you have a hangover.... steer clear of Jaron he is a cheat I tell you! Though if you're in the market for fireworks and other more powerful explosives well he's your man! So ugh this work shop how many people are there?"

Savior
2013-01-01, 08:14 PM
Max

Max bends forward as a bow, too. Assuming it was respectful, and a greeting between strangers.

"Don't listen to most of what she says. She's correct in saying, we're not worth worship. She is, however, immature, and bratty. She'll probably give you a nickname, or something. And she'll be all, bleh. Granted, i admit, I get crabby. But only when i see members of my unit, drinking, and whining. So. Welcome about, as a temporary member. Answer to me, or, we won't click so well."

Max finishes up, and leaves the tent, with nothing else to say to Dunkel. Being prepared constantly, he waits for the rest outside, for them to collect what they need.

meemaas
2013-01-02, 01:00 PM
She nods and pokes Lucinda quickly. "I need to grab some stuff from my bunk. Please tell Max that i will be back within an hour." She then runs off, bolting out the door like a blur past Max towards the Barracks

Giving Jaron and Lucinda time to prepare. If you are ready to go, we'll move on right away.

Morbis Meh
2013-01-02, 03:55 PM
Lucinda turns her head slightly to the left as she watches the little on bolt off "Hmmm... I do believe that little one has a significant amount of energy, now if only would could harness it and put it to use. Maybe put her in a wheel and get her to run then have something attached to it that could benefit from the running..."

Lucinda is ready

Comissar
2013-01-03, 06:54 AM
Jaron gives Lucinda a long look, "Like a donkey in a windmill? I can't see that being too helpful."

Jaron is also ready

meemaas
2013-01-04, 09:46 PM
The hour passes calmly, and by the end of it, the young girl meets up with the rest of the party and starts to lead them off. The party travels for two days, mostly keeping to the forested areas to avoid being seen, before the girl stops them all and takes cover behind a large bush. As she does, the party can hear a large number of voices nearby, along with the clanking of heavy armor. It doesn't seem to be that far off, but they don't appear to have heard you yet.

Savior
2013-01-04, 10:20 PM
Perception check With Alertness since my psicrystal is within my clothing, to see if i can tell how many there are. [roll0]

I'm with holding my actual post, until i know whether or not i made the check.

Max relays his information with the two members of his party that decided to remain out in the open. Already disgusted with the young woman's methodology, Max waits for a few seconds to transpire, before he goes on to speak about a plan.

"Here's what we're going to do. A little shock and awe treatment. I spectate they're not that battle hardened, and may be downright jelly in the guts. You both take up position a few feet down the path, find spots with direct line of sight to each other, but not visible. Assuming the plan backfires, we'll need both of your talents to mold the battle field to our advantage. I'll stay near the... 'scout', and make sure our asset isn't murdered."

With a nod, Max points Jaron and Lucinda down the path, and hopes that they can find something. Pulling up seat next to the scout, Max moves his Psicrystal from his person, and wills the small construct to grow legs. Propelling down the side of the path, past Jaron, the psicrystal remains within a mile of Max, allowing it to convey what it sees, once near the caravan. Given a spectacle of time, Max gains the quality and quantity of the oncoming group.

If his assumption is correct, and it is a Training group, he'll commend the psicrystal, still out of sight, to use Telepathic speech translating the message "Leave here. If you continue, the future will be full of blight and pain. Turn back now.. Run, or face the wrath of that which you have yet to know.. TRUE FEAR..."

Morbis Meh
2013-01-07, 10:11 AM
Lucinda arches her eyebrow at Max then rolls her eyes then smiles an impish grin "Right away mein Fuhrer! Would you like me to polish your boots as well or perhaps give you a sensual massage?" She gets up and begins looking for cover with a line of sight.

perception [roll0]

Comissar
2013-01-07, 03:46 PM
Jaron waves a hand impatiently at Max's instructions.

"Yes, yes, yes. I'll have a couple of my concoctions at the ready."

Having said his piece, he followed Lucinda's lead in trying to find somewhere to hide.

Perception - [roll0]
Also, prepared extracts:
Level 1 - 2x True Strike, 1x Shield, 2x Cure Light Wounds, 1x Enlarge Person
Level 2 - 2x Invisibility, 1x Cat's Grace, 1x Restoration

meemaas
2013-01-10, 10:03 PM
As the crystal floats into view, and the speech is heard, you can hear the group break in screams. In less than a minute though, you hear something far less reassuring. The leader starts yelling. "Get in line you worthless maggots, NOW!!" As he does, the formation starts to put itself together, and all of them march towards the crystal. As Max can see it, the squadron each draws their swords and charge at the crystal, remaining in perfect formation. The Crystal draws back into the woods for cover as the squadron follows after it.

Initiative rolls

Lucinda [roll0]
Jaron [roll1]
Max [roll2]

Squadron [roll3]

The entire squadron will be acting on the same initiative count.

You have three rounds in the Squadrons charge before they reach melee range with Lucinda or Jaron.

You are in a sparsely wooded area, enough so to give cover from or to enemies. As long as you remain hidden, they will not see you. Crap Perception checks, i'm not even bothering to roll them. The enemies leader is at the back of the squadron, farthest from any of you.

Savior
2013-01-10, 10:19 PM
Max

Max willed his crystal in cover, and kept it hidden, while still assessing the situation. Max stood up, and vocalized orders to his scout. "Stay here. Stay down, and hidden. That's all you're going to do, understood? Good."

After a calm sprint, Max bypassed the check mark on the path that contained the other two. "Both of you, don't leave your cover. I'll let you know if i need you. I know you undermine me a lot, but STAY HERE. Okay? Thank you."

Now, Max was the only clear target for the squadron making it's way down the path. He was still given more time than enough time to gain ground on the rushing Squadron. Using his momentum, Max stomps his foot down, and echoes a long tremor towards the ranks.

Stomp, fully augmented, using one of Max's three psi-like abilities of Stomp. Damage:[roll0] Nonlethal. Reflex save DC 17

Comissar
2013-01-16, 04:39 AM
Jaron sighed, toying with his vials while he waited for Max's plan to come to fruition. He glanced over at Lucinda and pulled a face, "It's so dull when he's in charge."

Morbis Meh
2013-01-16, 09:38 AM
Lucinda simply shrugs "I figure it's best to let the big baby have his bottle or else he will begin to pout and believe me you don't want to see HIM mope around for days. Besides give it a few moments before he needs us to back him up you know when the entire camp rouses and charges at him... I am giving it 18 seconds tops."

meemaas
2013-01-16, 07:22 PM
As Max makes himself out to be the target and allows the squadron to run towards him, ready to attack, he belts out his attack, a shockwave that knocks out the majority of the men, with about half of them out for the count, and the rest moving forward. The men close in on Max and start to attack him with their swords.

There's about ten men left, excluding the commander who avoided the burst.

Attacks [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Attacks [roll2]
Damage [roll3]

Attacks [roll4]
Damage [roll5]

Attacks [roll6]
Damage [roll7]

Attacks [roll8]
Damage [roll9]

As they do so, the commander closes his eyes, and three of the standing men who are not carrying swords all draw out their crossbows and fire at Max, their shots expertly aimed to avoid their companions

Ranged attack rolls

Attack roll [roll10]
Damage [roll11]

Attack roll [roll12]
Damage [roll13]

Attack roll [roll14]
Damage [roll15]

Also, Max must make a DC 18 will save.

Initiative goes to the party.

Savior
2013-01-16, 08:23 PM
Max

Max smiles at the authority of the squadron. On a very militaristic sense, Max is envious of the man in charge of these fighters. If only his team would be this obedient and willful to follow orders. At any rate, Max takes a bit of damage, some he mentally kicks himself for not avoiding. Taking a step back, Max corrects his mistake from the beginning, and mentally prepares his body.

Five-foot step backwards, and using 5 power points for +5 Force Screen.

25 PP left. 60 HP

Morbis Meh
2013-01-17, 10:24 AM
Lucinda with a wry smile upon her lips shakes her head "Called it, though it was far less than 30 seconds, the old boy is losing his touch, be sure to remind him of that later. Maybe make him a tonic for the elderly or somethign to really hit it home? Bah, I suppose it's time to bail him out." Lucinda clams herself and begins to sing gently, allowing the power to slowly grow within her and shape itself into its own entity. The tone of the first movement forms into a deep repulsive sound which soon manifests as a cloud of putrid air surrounding the archers and commander.

Still using the bushes as cover but just cast stinking cloud on the archers Fort Save DC 19

Comissar
2013-01-17, 05:22 PM
Raising an eyebrow as he sees Lucinda chanting, Jaron risks a glance out from behind his cover over at the soldiers. As he does, he sees a noxious cloud descending over them. Ducking back down, he gives her a stern look.

"Really now, you can't expect him to learn if you keep dealing with his mistakes for him."

The illusion of seriousness was spoiled only by the barest trace of amusement in his voice.

"I suppose I should get a few of my little presents ready for when they come over here..."

meemaas
2013-01-19, 09:29 PM
The Archers collapse, but the commander remains firm, and quickly and surely escapes the cloud, directing his attention towards Lucinda.

Max
You hear a voice in your head suddenly. Welcome to the army, soldier. Now, lets see how your friend likes what you did to us.

Make a DC 19 will save. Fail, and you must manifest Stomp, fully augmented and lethal, at Lucinda.

Lucinda
DC 19 will save

As the commander allows a soft smile to form, the soldiers, much less unified than before, break formation, with four of them retreating, avoiding the cloud, while two attack at Max

Not gonna roll, because i don't even want to bet on the odds for getting any natural 20's. As for locations, Max cannot see the commander through the cloud. The other two can see, but only due to their location relative to it.

Also, in case you're curious, i've been rolling the saving throws with physical dice, just because there's been a lot of them.

Savior
2013-01-19, 09:55 PM
Max

Max bounces the two blows off of his armor, and stares down at the two attacking him. "It's not nice to poke people.."

With that, Max raises his large hammer, that shines in the light of the sun, reflection through and off it's deep crystal body. In the final moment, he flashes a smile, and pummels the large Earthbreaker down towards the man closest to his right.

At the same moment, he cracked his neck, handling his moving hammer over his right shoulder. His psicrystal books it back to him, jumping until it was nestled behind his full-plate of armor.

Attack roll: [roll0]
Damage, including psionic weapon for maintaining focus:[roll1]

Comissar
2013-01-24, 05:58 AM
Jaron selected a vial with great care and, adding a little of a white powder to it, stepped out from cover and tossed it high towards the man he assumed to be the commander.

Jaron's throwing an Explosive Bomb at the Commander, don't know the distance so range modifiers aren't included. It has range increments of 20ft. and is a touch attack. The radius is increased to 10 ft. (deals 8 damage in that radius, DC 18 Reflex save to halve). It also sets the Commander on fire (1d6 Fire damage per round, full round reflex save to put out) if it hits.

Attack Roll (+1 if within point blank shot range) - [roll0]
Normal Damage - [roll1]
Fire Damage (if needed seperately) - [roll2]

Morbis Meh
2013-01-24, 09:40 AM
Lucinda scowls at the commander and moves in closer to get a clear shot at the prick, her song slows down in tempo giving it a lethargic feel to it. She holds out her right hand and shoots a black ray at the commander.

Ray of exhaustion, I will move as far as I need to to get 40 ft within range. Ranged Touch attack [roll0]
Fort save 19 to prevent exhaustion, if passes still fatigued... take that psion! I doubt he could hold a mind link up while exhausted

meemaas
2013-01-24, 09:49 AM
The man Max hits goes down like a rock, dead. The next one, seeing how easily he was felled, turns tail and runs into the cloud, scared out of his mind. Jaron's bomb hits dead center, the Commander catching on fire, he freaks out and starts patting himself else, too distracted to focus on the others for now. The other running men are now 90 foot away, almost out of sight in these woods, while Lucinda's song reaches the Commanders ears, his energy being sapped away in a fraction of a second, he'd start to breath heavily.

Max gets an AoO on the runner before he can get away. The Commander took the full round action to make a reflex save that he passed. But he failed his will save. Even with the wrong modifier. Your post again.

Also, his collective only dies out if he dies. You can get out of its range to be removed, or die, or drop your wisdom to zero to escape it. And he's still not a Psion, although he's almost as good.

Savior
2013-01-24, 12:31 PM
Max

Max hefts his large hammer up, and drives it towards the turned and running soldier. Hit or miss, he attempts to recollect his unit, the three people accredited for fragging this squadron's ranks into a mess of scared or knocked out members.

AoO:[roll0] Damage:[roll1]

Morbis Meh
2013-01-29, 10:18 PM
Lucinda begins singing id a deep haunting voice that begins to rasp, dark tendrils shoot forth from her hands going forward to the weakened commanders eyes.

Blindness DC 19

Comissar
2013-01-30, 02:05 PM
Grinning when he saw his bomb connect, Jaron quickly prepared another vial with the same ingredients. Giving it a quick shake to ensure it mixed properly, he tossed the concoction at the commander.

Jaron's throwing an Explosive Bomb at the Commander, don't know the distance so range modifiers aren't included. It has range increments of 20ft. and is a touch attack. The radius is increased to 10 ft. (deals 8 damage in that radius, DC 18 Reflex save to halve). It also sets the Commander on fire (1d6 Fire damage per round, full round reflex save to put out) if it hits.

Attack Roll (+1 if within point blank shot range) - [roll0]
Damage Roll - [roll1]
Fire Damage - [roll2]

meemaas
2013-01-31, 10:11 PM
The Commander collapses to his knees after the bomb strikes him, and after Lucinda's song reaches his ears, a voice starts to ring out in Lucinda and Max's heads. "Stop!!. I concede my life to you. I cannot win, and i cannot escape, but spare my life, and i will do what you wish." As the voice finishes, he collapses to the ground, the fire still burning on his body.

Savior
2013-01-31, 11:05 PM
Max

Walking the long way around the cloud, Max shoves his long hammer head down into the writhing commander's chest. Keeping the man pinned, max waved the entire group over, to make sure he had arms around, in case it was a hoax for the commander's life.

Comissar
2013-02-06, 11:40 AM
Taking a moment to ensure that all the other soldiers had fled, Jaron left the cover he was behind and approached the still smoldering captain.

"You might want to put him out before you kneel on him like that, could give you a nasty burn."

Morbis Meh
2013-02-06, 11:24 PM
As the voice ripples through her mind, Lucinda lets out a squeal of glee "Oh GOODY! You just said anything so no taksies backsies, you hear?" The delicate elven woman skipped merrily towards the helpless man and frowned at the sight of Max's hammer on his chest "Now see here Maxykins, you shouldn't be putting your blood soaked hammer on this poor fellow, it's just not hygenic! Now..." THe platinum haired woman begins pushing at the hammer, obviously struggling with its weight until it finally toppled over. With a sigh she takes the hammers place on the commander's chest and looks into the man's opaque eyes whilst pulling out a simply dagger. "Now hold still, this will only sting for a second!"

She gingerly picks up the man's hand and makes a shallow cut atop his palm, just enough to have a light line of blood form. With a quick motion she reciprocates the action on her own hand then places the wounds against each other before setting with knife down. With her free hand she pulls out a few rather pungent herbs from her pouch as well as her wand. She begins chanting lightly in an odd, lilting tongue, the words falling upon them like the warm sunlight, as she chants she slips in the trigger word for her wand causing both of their wounds to bind instantly. Once her hand had mended she switches her tongue back to common "Blood is an oath to you and to me, our blood is a contract joined we shall be. You will be my day and I shall be your night, eclipsed only in death we're are bound in this light. May you never stray from your oath lest your soul be its cost, for you dear beast belong to me your freedom now lost." She leans in and whisper's sweetly in her ear like a lover "You my dear are my new familiar and I hope that you serve me faithfully in the years to come... do not worry it may be a new experience but my old friend Wren here will guide you in your duty." She places a gentle kiss on the man's cheek and gets up off of his chest with a wry smile.

"Get up my pet, I can't have you moping around all day, we have work to do and if you act up I will make you wear a pink dress when we get back to camp~~!"

Alrighty hope this makes you laugh and go wtf at the same time, she is obviously messing with the guy's head he is exhausted and blind and she is a cunning harlot lol she here goes my bluff check I hope that I gain some bonuses with the performance!
[roll0]

meemaas
2013-02-06, 11:33 PM
The look of fear in the Commanders eyes is so vivid after listening to Lucinda's statement that it appears like he'd rather die than be submitted to it. Unfortunately for him, rather than be given a chance to kill himself, he passes out where he stands, the raw fear overwhelming everything else.

Savior
2013-02-07, 01:16 AM
Max

"I'm not carrying him." Max holds his hammer with the heated head at the back of his neck. He motioned to the scout, telling her that everything was clear, and that she could come out.

Morbis Meh
2013-02-12, 04:00 PM
Lucinda looks back, hurt "Oh come on! You can at least help me wake him up, you're just mad because I got a shiny new toy and you don't! Come back... please." Giving up with a defeated sigh she turns to their potionsmith and smiles innocently "Oh dearest Jaron would you be so kind to provide with your smelliest concoction? I won't use it I just need to provide a jolt to my new familiar's sense..." Grabbing her water skin, Lucinda sits down yet again atop of the man's chest and begins dumping its contents on the passed out man's face whilst slapping him with her free hand. "Wakey wakey Mr. Familiar, now's not the time to have an overly dramatic feinting session! Wake up now and tell me your name or I swear to you I will start introducing you as SUNNYMUFFINS to everyone and their mother!"

meemaas
2013-02-14, 11:48 PM
The unconscious man doesn't stir through Lucinda's attempts.

Anyone, make a Heal check, or an Intelligence check.

Morbis Meh
2013-02-14, 11:50 PM
Intelligence check [roll0]

meemaas
2013-02-14, 11:53 PM
Lucinda

You notice the man isn't breathing, at all, and recognize signs in the mans skin that make it appear like he's bleeding to death, even though he isn't sporting any physical wounds that are bleeding.

Morbis Meh
2013-02-15, 12:14 AM
Lucinda slaps him once more "Nuh uh Mr. Familiar you are not going to die on me now!" The elf pulls out the wand of cure light wounds and triggers it in sylvan.

so unless this is GM fiat, which is legit, this should stabilize the kamikaze hp gain! [roll0]

meemaas
2013-02-16, 10:07 AM
The magic of the spell goes towards his mouth, and slowly regains consciousness, keeping his eyes tightly shut though.

meemaas
2013-02-20, 10:13 PM
The young girl steps out from her hiding place and walks up beside Max, looking at the barely conscious prisoner. "That was amazing. I've never seen people do stuff like that. Oh, you're even more awesome than the stories say."

Savior
2013-02-20, 10:17 PM
Max

"Yep, we're super heroes. Lucinda, we're not standing here any longer. Either I kill that man, or you do it. Either way, he's not coming with us."

Max adjusts his hammer on his right shoulder blade, and holds a stern gaze on his face.

Morbis Meh
2013-02-25, 09:36 AM
Lucinda snarls "Like hell you will, you will not kill my new familiar or I garauntee you'll regret it, never kill a witch's familiar unless you want the witch to hunt you down. Besides, why throw away some one this valuable, he cannot betray me he is bound by blood. If you're in such a hurry then why don't you scout ahead and I will catch up, I can move faster than you can since I can travel by air." She turns to the downed man and keeps blasting him with the wand until he wakes up.

Let me know how many charges it will take or if he will just die/be killed

Savior
2013-02-25, 04:36 PM
Max

Max reaches his left hand out, and grasps Lucinda's collar. He turns around, still dragging the rude witch behind him. "Jaron, keep him the commander pinned, or at least unable to fight anymore. I need a word with Lucinda."

Using his strength to keep her feet moving, he stops when they are out of earshot. "What you're doing is down right pathetic. Keeping a war prisoner, who would rather kill himself, than be caught. That was the whole reason I joined this resistance, is because taking people by force, and keeping them tortured and threatened is down right wrong. So, I am going to go over there, and give him a warrior's way out. You can either hold your tongue, and come with me back over there, or sit your childish ass down here."

Max didn't raise his voice for once, and he didn't sound too angry. But his eyes were quivering, and his nostrils flared like a raging boar. His Giant features were throbbing and mean, and he stormed off, holding his Hammer.

Upon reaching the low to the floor commander, he holds out a hand. "Get up. I want a duel with you. You win, we let you go. You lose, I kill you. "

meemaas
2013-02-28, 11:08 AM
The Commander shakes his head. "I'd never be able to beat you in single combat. We all must know our limits, and in challenging me, you knew you were submitting me to a rigged contest. I am a leader, not a warrior, and i have long since forgone my combat skills. Kill me if you must, but a fight will result in the end we've already come to."

Savior
2013-02-28, 11:49 AM
Max

"I wouldn't ask you to change sides, simply because I know how it feels to defect from a general's forces. Would you like to die with your squadron?"