PDA

View Full Version : The Playground: Variations, Versions, and Future Work

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

VonDoom
2012-11-01, 12:36 PM
Let me draw attention to these once again:

So, hey, about the Authority advantage. I listed it as one of the (Special) advantages in the framework along with Wealth, but noticed that both Dark and Jade are listing it as Uncommon.

Are we going to be using it as Uncommon and something to roll on? Because if so, I'll have to fix the Framework post.

Oh, and we still have Stealth as Rare in the first post.

The_Snark
2012-11-01, 11:41 PM
I think we're keeping Authority as Uncommon because there are some rolled applications. For instance, if DarkDM's military governor is arguing with a stubborn Torun businessman whose smuggling connections might include members of La Resistance, he could invoke it to try and cow the guy with his rank. If somebody's trying to stir up dissatisfaction among his enlisted men, or foment corruption in the bureaucracy, Authority might get used to oppose those. That sort of thing.

Nobility was vaguely equivalent in Taelarys, and I seem to recall that being used for a few rolls. In a lot of ways they're like Special Advantages, but there's some social clout there too.

Xondoure
2012-11-01, 11:44 PM
I think we're keeping Authority as Uncommon because there are some rolled applications. For instance, if DarkDM's military governor is arguing with a stubborn Torun businessman whose smuggling connections might include members of La Resistance, he could invoke it to try and cow the guy with his rank. If somebody's trying to stir up dissatisfaction among his enlisted men, or foment corruption in the bureaucracy, Authority might get used to oppose those. That sort of thing.

Nobility was vaguely equivalent in Taelarys, and I seem to recall that being used for a few rolls. In a lot of ways they're like Special Advantages, but there's some social clout there too.

After a very long AIM discussion I think we settled on it being special because either people were under their authority, and would respect their orders, or they weren't and they wouldn't care.