PDA

View Full Version : Team Dragon (IC)

Chainsaw Hobbit
2012-09-23, 01:41 PM
In the city-state of Mistspire, you have been hired by the authorities to investigate the disappearance of three people who worked as servants at Chell Manor, a looming castle-like mansion belonging to the successful merchant Kadrin Tarik. Kadrin has always had an obsession with supernatural trinkets, which he collects. It is believed that his hobby may have had something to do with the vanishings.

The great house stands before you, its gates thick with ivy and its structing beginning to sag under the merciless rain. You know there to be three ways to get in: a main entrance, a servant's entrance, and a pair of double-doors leading to the great hall from the courtyard.

Barstro
2012-09-23, 03:05 PM
Zaubix

After the latest bar disagreement left Zaubix a little worse for wear, he is looking forward to spending some time exercising his mind with a little investigation instead of slashing.

Rubbing his right shoulder, Zaubix addresses his companions. How do you guys was to approach this? I know we're not busting down the front door, but we can still walk through it if we want. To be honest, though, I'm more inclined to stroll through the servant's entrance, were it not for the fact that I'm sure we're scare whatever servants we met, and it's all likely to go down hill from there.

Having spoken his mind, he fingers his dagger and continues walking toward the manor.

Vesth
2012-09-23, 11:45 PM
Cobien Mazer

"The servent door," the yellow haired man said simply, gazing critically at the mansion of the merchant, "Ioun demands that we smite those who hide information, and where is better to find information than where the gossip occurs?"

Starbuck_II
2012-09-24, 09:38 AM
Hmm, well servant path works. As long as we stay out of the dark, scary stuff like the Grue gets you there. Opytima says caustioisly.

Barstro
2012-09-25, 10:23 AM
Zaubix

Zaubix gives a knowing nod and begins to shamble his way over to the servant's entrance, watching for anyone entering or exiting.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2012-09-27, 02:31 PM
The servant's entrance, a plain wooden door, is also locked.

Starbuck_II
2012-09-27, 09:45 PM
Opytima follows Zaubix and ask him when he struggles with door, do you know any magic that can break through it? We could break it down physically (Str Check) or with weapons, but I think we might get arrested for that.

Vesth
2012-09-28, 06:45 AM
Cobien Mazer

"Stand aside!" Cobien calls out gruffly,

"A locked door is only a sign of hidden secrets. This will not be tolerated!"

With a yell, Cobien rushes forward, shoulder checking the door, and if it fails to budge, he lets loose a heavy smack from his mace.

Barstro
2012-09-28, 09:49 AM
Zaubix

You do understand that in some cultures, odd though it may seem, locked doors are socially acceptable. In fact, many people have successful and legitimate careers crafting and installing such devices. Generally, one can knock on a door and oftentimes expect someone inside to open the door.

To the left, breaking down doors is considered a sign of hostility. While I certainly do not want to stand in your way of demonstrating Ioun's will, I would prefer to at least be notified before you do such things so that I can be prepared for possible hostile reactions.

Zaubix backs away from the door a few feet and makes sure that he can draw his crossbow if needed.

Starbuck_II
2012-09-29, 08:07 AM
"Might as well go in since the door is ajar... literally." Opytima says as he slowly walks through. If the Door is not ajar, Optymia uses his own strength .

Chainsaw Hobbit
2012-09-29, 04:52 PM
After some furious pounding, the door breaks open.

As you examine the chamber beyond the door, you are met by a powerful stench of decomposing flesh. The room’s gloomy grey stone walls are lined with numerous portraits of noble personages and the floor is splattered with several large spots of dried blood

Barstro
2012-09-30, 11:25 AM
Zaubix

I suppose waiting for a servant to open the door would have taken a bit of time.

Zaubix looks around the room to try to determine the cause of all the blood and the stench, be it humanoid or animal.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2012-09-30, 11:38 AM
In the corners of the room, there are two large armchairs. In each sits the decaying corpse of a servant.

Barstro
2012-09-30, 11:41 AM
Zaubix

Zaubix enters the room behind the clerics and examines the bodies to determine the cause of death.

Vesth
2012-10-01, 04:18 AM
Cobien Mazer

"This...this stinks of a mystery filled with filthy secrets." he hissed, taking in the scene of the two dead. What if they had secrets that they were hiding? This is intolerable!

He stares at the face of each person, trying to determine their feelings at their point of death. Were their faces one of content, one of absolute terror, or one of an eternal sleep? These are questions Cobien would try his best to find out.

Starbuck_II
2012-10-01, 09:31 AM
Do you think they were killed with weapons or monsterous things like fangs?
Optyma tries to discern how the bodies were killed.
[roll0]

Chainsaw Hobbit
2012-10-01, 12:27 PM
One servant has a look of pain and terror on his face, and the other has a look of grim resignation. They seem to have been outfitted with new clothes since their deaths, because both have blood stains coming from under their shirts.

Simultaneously, the things open their mouths and begin to suck in air, a horrific sound indeed. They begin to lurch to life.

Barstro
2012-10-01, 12:48 PM
Zaubix

First a locked door, now the corpses are coming to life. It's as if someone does not want us to do any investigating at all.

My limited spells will be of no use in this fight. I'll help you guys out in melee if I can get into a decent position.

Zaubix positions himself a bit behind Optyma to try to move into a flanking position with whichever creature he attacks. If flanking or melee isn't an option, he will fire his crossbow at that creature instead.

To Hit [roll0]
Damage [roll1] (+1 for dagger, +2 for crossbow)

Vesth
2012-10-02, 06:52 AM
Cobien Mazer

"...Zombies! The abominations without souls! Die, demons!" Cobien roared as he charged forward, bringing his mace back, before pushing it out, akin to a spear stab, attemping to impale the closest one to his seat.

Attack roll: [roll0]

Starbuck_II
2012-10-02, 09:24 AM
Optyma stand firm," we shall send thse back to the nega world to rest" as he attacks closest one

I use my warhamer, but I don't know its damage, but I got 17 Str so +2 dam I'm guessing.
Warhammer: [roll0]
Damage +2?

Starbuck_II
2012-10-02, 03:20 PM
Damage rolls in case I hit, [roll0]

Debatra
2012-10-02, 04:17 PM
Debatra stays in the back, loosing arrows at the creatures farthest away.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Chainsaw Hobbit
2012-10-02, 04:46 PM
One of the zombies is assaulted by both arrow and mace. Buckles under the two blows, and its flesh tears, causing blood to spill down onto the carpet underfoot. It quickly recovers.

Both abominations lunge at Cobien, attempting to beat him to death.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Both need a 19 - the target's AC to hit.

In case they do hit ...
[roll2]
[roll3]

Barstro
2012-10-02, 07:17 PM
Zaubix

Their teamwork is rather impressive.

With nothing more to say, Zaubix fires his crossbow at the injured creature.

Attack
[roll0]

Damage
[roll1]

Stats
Zaubix, Level 2 Wizard
Str 14, Dex 13, Con 13, Int 14, Wis 10, Cha 10

HP: (1d4+6)[8]
AC: 9.
Save: 14 or higher.

Spells: Sleep (1/day), Charm Person (1/day).

Number Needed to Hit: 19 - target's armour class.
Damage on Hit: 1d4+1 (dagger), or 1d4+2 (crossbow).

Equipment: Adventurer's kit, spellbook, dagger, light crossbow, 19 bolts.

Starbuck_II
2012-10-02, 10:20 PM
"Get off him, you undead louts" Optyma says as he slams his mace into the wounded zombie.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Chainsaw Hobbit
2012-10-06, 12:11 PM
A crossbow bolt whizzes by the head of the wounded zombie, striking a painting on the wall right in the eye, as a mace crushes the zombie's head. Gore splatters everywhere, and the zombie collapses to the ground.

Barstro
2012-10-06, 02:37 PM
Zaubix

I hate things contraptions! Zaubix mutters as he drops the crossbow and turns to stab the remaining creature with his dagger.

With nothing more to say, Zaubix fires his crossbow at the injured creature.

Attack
[roll0]

Damage
[roll1]

Stats
Zaubix, Level 2 Wizard
Str 14, Dex 13, Con 13, Int 14, Wis 10, Cha 10

HP: (1d4+6)[8]
AC: 9.
Save: 14 or higher.

Spells: Sleep (1/day), Charm Person (1/day).

Number Needed to Hit: 19 - target's armour class.
Damage on Hit: 1d4+1 (dagger), or 1d4+2 (crossbow).

Equipment: Adventurer's kit, spellbook, dagger, light crossbow, 18 bolts.

Vesth
2012-10-06, 08:34 PM
"Heel, undead fiend! Your kind holds little interest to me!" Cobien spat in the zombie's eyes, and attempted to cave its head in with an overhead slam with his mace.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Debatra
2012-10-09, 04:17 PM
Another round, another arrow flying to the back.

[roll0]
[roll1]