PDA

View Full Version : Anthropomorphic Race Template(3.5 Homebrew)

Wazirak1
2012-09-24, 12:45 PM
So to start off i'd like to say i'm new here, but not new to this site, it's content has inspired me immensely and helped with the job of dming.
I have recently gotten some requests from my players for a playable race, not monster class, that allows them some freedom of form, to make themselves as they wish, namely- mixing monsters and humanoids. So I wrote the following up, and submit it here for your perusal/criticizism.

Information at this adress. Being an idiot I wrote it in paint, so I had to copy paste it on image shack.
http://imageshack.us/f/827/anthrow.png/

Debihuman
2012-09-25, 04:27 PM
Information at this address. Being an idiot I wrote it in paint, so I had to copy paste it on image shack.
http://imageshack.us/f/827/anthrow.png/

It's a quick and dirty template for sure since it doesn't take account differences in Intelligence (mindless vermin and magical beasts that can have higher than Humanoid Intelligence.) Obviously a quadruped would have increased speed and carrying capacity over a creature with 2 legs.

I imagine that the DM would have to just approve every case-by-case situation (which in my opinion puts an an unfair burden on the DM). Too easy to take advantage with this.

Debby

Wazirak1
2012-09-25, 04:41 PM
thing is, I -am- the dm ^-^, I already do most of the work anyway. So This actually helps me, the reason it's so rough and tumble is because it has to go through me. Also, Savage species' anthropomorphic template is so many levels of bad. like the giant octopus having a lower strength bonus than the octopus

Debihuman
2012-09-26, 09:00 AM
I agree that Savage Species isn't the best book but scaling up a regular octopus to Large w/8 hit die does give you a stronger creature than a Giant Octopus. It gets +4 to Str going from Small to Medium and +8 going from Medium to Large giving it Str 24 as opposed to the giant octopus with Str 20. At least it is consistent in that area. So yes, an anthro-octopus is stronger than an anthro-giant octopus.

Also, the anthro octopus is +1 LA and the anthro-giant octopus is LA +0. Note that the giant octopus has a lower dexterity than the giant version, However, the anthro G.O. has a higher dexterity than an anthro-octopus.

If you were expecting the Giant Ocotpus to just be a scaled up version of the standard one, you were mistaken.

Debby