PDA

View Full Version : Crawling Within the Dark Depths [IC]

Milo v3
2012-09-27, 08:40 AM
Plane over the Pacific Ocean
The trip as yet was uneventful and smooth. There was no turbulence, and most people were either alseep or eating, creating silence except for the faint hum of the plane. The person next to you wasn't asleep nor eating though, instead he gazed at a book that he apparently brought with him.

Both Robert and Zak are sitting next to each other, Zak is sitting the furthest away from the center. Your seats are in the middle section of the plane.

It was a perfectly clear night. Thousands of stars gleaming around the plane. The moon was a smooth ivory, but despite its grace, it was distant and cold.

Hearing a disturbance from the front of the plane, you look both look up from your books. A young man, appearing to be in his twenties stood trying to move past a flight attendant.

A brown package laid in his left palm, his other hand at his side.
"Excuse me sir, you ca-"
She is silenced as he reaches into his jacket, revealing a gun.
Pointing it at her she cowers and starts to move away, all the while the other passengers begin to scream.

The gunmen remains silent and emotionless as he starts to enter the cockpit.

AlphaPanda
2012-09-27, 11:08 AM
Please just let me read in peace, Robert prayed to whatever God was out here. He flipped through the worn pages of his favorite novel, Agatha Christie's And Then There Were None. It was a thoroughly familiar read, but even a mystery novel without the mystery seemed preferable to Robert than interacting with the usual idiots he sat next to on plane rides.

This time, his neighbor doesn't seem all that bad. The man wore an acceptable tuxedo, he looked like he could be in the military, and he was doing crossword puzzles. The collective image placed Robert's snap judgment of the stranger somewhere north of the default disdain. At least he won't insist on showing me pictures of his kids the entire time.
---
Robert reads for a while, until some commotion up front breaks his concentration. He looks up and sees the scene unfolding. He shuts his book and sighs deeply. "Are you serious..."

Lejosh
2012-09-27, 04:09 PM
Zak looked at his crossword puzzle, he was looking for the name of the first computer chip made, but the word had slipped his mind. Next to him, he noticed, the man was reading a mystery novel.
Suddenly a commotion at the front of the plane drew his attention. Seeing the man with the gun, Zak immediatly stood and began to make his way to the front of the plane mumbling to himself "Of course it's on MY first flight, couldnt happen to any other planes, has to happen to my first one."

Milo v3
2012-09-27, 06:52 PM
Slowly Zak reaches the front of the plane, the door leading to the cockpit standing in front of you.

AlphaPanda
2012-09-28, 02:21 AM
Yikes, this guy is either really brave or really, really stupid, Robert thinks to himself when he sees Zak approach the cabin door.

For a single moment, Robert actually feels glad that this flight would be entertaining. Then the realization that bullets probably aren't exactly plane-friendly pulls him back down to some mixture of fear and anticipation. He stands up to watch how this plays out and mutters under his breath, "Good luck, tough guy."

HoodyC17
2012-09-28, 04:40 AM
As the passengers screamed, Danielle, who was sitting behind the unusual couple of men, was suffering from experiencing a ... well... experience. Yes, Danielle has yet to meet someone who has survived a plane hijacking but that wasn't the reason she was in pain. It was the emotions she was forced to process.

It wasn't the fear, no, she had her fair share during her jobs along with excitement. It wasn't the anger she felt for the man who had caused her fear. And nor was it the annoyance she felt for this happening on he particular flight. No, it was in fact her powerlessness, her hopelessness in the situation.

She grasped her head and clenched her eyes as she began to repeatedly whisper: "He is dead, he can't hurt you."

Milo v3
2012-09-28, 04:49 AM
As Zak reaches to for the door, it slides open revealing the Gunman.
The silent terrorist starts to move out of the cockpit, the gun aimed at your chest.

I'd also like everyone roll Perception. The target differs for each person:
- 6 Zak
- 4 Robert
- 3 Danielle

Milo v3
2012-09-28, 07:54 PM
Zak and Robert
Behind the Gunmen, you notice a gleam from within the cockpit.
You eyes focus on it and you immediately recognise it.

Within the cockpit you could see a bomb.

Lejosh
2012-09-29, 01:49 AM
Using his hand, Zak attempts to hit the gun out of the gunmans hands.

[roll0]

Milo v3
2012-09-29, 07:57 PM
Your roll didn't work for some reasons so here is a reroll.
[roll0]

You try and grab the pistol, but he pushed past, as you reached out. The Gunmen started to run down to the other end of the plane.

Lejosh
2012-09-29, 08:58 PM
Getting his footing back, Zak yells "Stop that man!" Down the plane as he walks over to the bomb looking for a timer and a way to defuse it.

Looking for the timer [roll0]
And a way to stop the bomb [roll0]
(Didnt know if i needed to make 2 different roles so i just did)

Milo v3
2012-09-29, 09:53 PM
You can't see any form of timer on the devic-

BOOOM!

Fire rolled out from the device, and a torrent of heat burt through the whole plane.

The world went dark. The ocean was cold.

Swimming up to the surface you find your self surrounded by the sinking burning wreakage of the plane. Two other survivors swam near you.

HoodyC17
2012-09-29, 11:08 PM
As soon as Danielle rose to the surface she sputtered, coughed, flailed and panted. Her training has actually impeded her ability to swim due to her lack of fat. Her body ached from the trauma of surviving a plane crash and, due to drowning not so long ago, she was a little out of it.

But she had to survive and as her muscles grew tired from keeping herself afloat she looked for something to help her survival. Hopefully something that would serve as driftwood and wasn't a dead body.

Perception for searching: [roll0]
Strength for swimming: [roll1]
Health for stamina: [roll2]

Lejosh
2012-09-29, 11:59 PM
Looking aroun quickly, Zak attempts to find a piece of the plane that isnt sinking to try and climb onto with the other survivors.

HAHA, tricked you, rolls will be in the OOC

Milo v3
2012-09-30, 04:23 AM
Danielle
You quickly find a six metre long wooden plank which is floating atop the water and reach it in few seconds of swimming.

Zak
You see Danielle grasping onto a piece of wood.

HoodyC17
2012-09-30, 11:35 PM
Danielle frantically looked around for anything else of use. Her Longevity has been extended but she doubts that she would live long enough in the freezing waters for rescue to come. It would probably be a salvage operation instead of a rescue operation.

Milo v3
2012-10-01, 01:04 AM
Danielle
Past the smoke and destroyed plane parts, you can see a colossal tower, under further examination it appeared to be a light house.

Lejosh
2012-10-01, 01:45 AM
Zak swims over to Danielle and clings onto the driftwood with her asking, "What are we going to do now?"

HoodyC17
2012-10-01, 04:00 AM
Danielle jumps at the sudden presence of another survivor. However, as she is already in high alert, her breathing becomes no more frantic and her heart rate stays booming at a high velocity. She turns to face newcomer simply to anknowledge his presence, as the blazing fires doing little illuminate his details, before she raised an arm to point towards it.

"I see a something over there." She returned her gaze to the suspicious, lone tower in the middle of the ocean which was coloured onyx in the darkness. Danielle was sure she would have missed it if it wasn't for the light shining on the top and the glow of the full moon illuminating a section of night sky behind it, preventing it from blending into the background. "I have no wish to freeze to death so I'm to head to that lighthouse over there."

Danielle suddenly releases the driftwood and begins swimming towards the tower.

Lejosh
2012-10-01, 04:27 AM
After hearing the womans words, Zak decides that the only thing he can do is follow her and hope to find dry land nearby. He lets go of the driftwood and follows Danielle, staying close enough to her to help if she needed it, but far enough away to give the woman her personal space.

Milo v3
2012-10-06, 06:56 AM
You two swiftly reach the lighthouse. It appears to be a clear white marble without fault. Along the right-side is an assortment of stairs leading to a large golden door. Each step you took was sluggish, and a trail of water dripped onto the dry stone.

The door in front of you was closed, and glowed with the light of the surrounding flames.

HoodyC17
2012-10-06, 07:22 AM
Danielle flattened her palm on to the surface of the door and began to take deep breaths.

"Help me..." She said between breaths "Search for a knob or something..."

Danielle began searching for a mechanism to open the door with. She ran her pal across the surface in case her eyes missed anything within the light of the dancing flames.

Agility for speed of searching: [roll1]

Milo v3
2012-10-06, 07:30 AM
As your palm presses on the cold metallic surface, you notice it doesn't resist the presure, and could be openned with a push.

HoodyC17
2012-10-06, 07:35 AM
"Think I found something." Danielle no longer maintained even, long breaths and she was now shivering from the cold. No longer wishing to stay outside while soaked she pressed down with her palm and hoped for the best.

Milo v3
2012-10-06, 07:53 AM
The door slowly glided inward, revealing a room alit by lights. It was in several floors, this section was small having only a balcony overlooking a statue, and two staircases leading to lower levels.

The walls were bronze in colour, and shared the metalic gleen of the door. Attached to each wall was a sigil, an orb with feathered wings.

The Statue was of a grim man, glaring down upon you with a grimace. A sanguine banner hung below his face, and words of gold lay upon it.

NO GODS OR KINGS
ONLY MAN.

HoodyC17
2012-10-06, 08:49 AM
The assassin hurried on to the indoor balcony before gaping in awe at the inanimate face in front of her.

"No Gods or Kings. Only man." She read the words aloud before shivering once again from the outdoor breeze. "For some reason I don't think this is your typical lighthouse..."

To escape the cold she began shambling down the stairs.

Lejosh
2012-10-06, 04:41 PM
Zak followed Danielle through the doorway she had opened. Upon seeing the statue Zak gasped and as he read the words he grew confused. There are no such things as gods he thought to himself as he began to follow Danielle once again up there stairway.

"Where do you suppose we are?" Asked Zak as he looked around the staircase.

HoodyC17
2012-10-06, 10:28 PM
She hummed thoughtfully before replying. "Research facility? Seems likely..."

Danielle began rummaging through her skirt pockets as she descended the stairs, pulling out a small black bottle and a dark wooden box. She returned the hair dye back where she found it after confirming that it was still intact. However, she opened the makeup kit and released a sigh of relief when she found the contents untouched by the sea water. She sighed again when she realised that she wasn't wearing eye shadow and as a result she felt grateful that she doesn't look like harlot.

Lejosh
2012-10-06, 10:57 PM
As he watched the girl with her make-up he remembered his gun and quickly checked whether the water had gotten into the bullets.
As he found there was no water in them, he held it in his hands, just in case they were to run into any trouble.

Milo v3
2012-10-06, 11:26 PM
As you move down the stairs, you notice plaques along the walls.
"Art"
"Industry"
"Science"

Soon you reach the bottom floor, and a metal orb lay in the center of the room.
It looked severely damaged, with tears rending into its bronze roof. The sphere had a thick glass door which was currently ajar.

The bathysphere was dark, possessing no lights.

Lejosh
2012-10-08, 05:04 AM
Zak moved towards the bathysphere, peering inside the slightly ajar doorway.

HoodyC17
2012-10-09, 01:27 AM
"See anything in that..." In that what? Danielle had no idea what to call it. "Thingy?" That'll do.

Seeing how her companion currently had the "looking into the weird object in the room" part under control the assassin decided to start searching for anything helpful.

"Oh, and it just occured to me I haven't asked your name yet." Her eyes began scanning the walls and floor during her search. "My name's Jennifer."

She returned her makeup kit to its pocket and pulled out her soaking wet wallet.

"No..." She silently whined. "My money..."

Perception for searching [roll0]

Milo v3
2012-10-09, 02:16 AM
Zak
On the inside of the sphere is an open space to stand, and a lever which attached to the left wall.

Danielle
You didn't notice anything special.

Lejosh
2012-10-09, 06:57 PM
Moving slightly away from the sphere Zak says "Nothing much in here, just a lever, whats out here?"

HoodyC17
2012-10-10, 01:03 AM
"Nothing special." Danielle replied flatly as she began laying wet notes on the floor.

She then retrieves her fake ID and inspects it for any damage. After a quick examination she was satisfied with its status and placed it in her pocket before leaving the wallet out to dry along with her money.

"Lost my luggage. Stranded in the middle of the ocean. Soaked to the bone. Freezing to death." As the assassin went on her whining eventually turned into frustrated shouting. "And my only friend can't take a hint when I ask for his name!"

She half growl and half moaned as she violently facepalmed.

"Or he's just being annoying..." She muttered through clenched teeth.

Lejosh
2012-10-10, 02:16 AM
"Oh, sorry. My name is Zak. Zak said, a little flustered as he began pulling everything out of his pockets like Danielle had been, checking them all for damage.
His puzzle book was ruined, so no more for him, but he still had his pen, gun with ammo and knife but he had left his banjo on the plane. His money was drenched so he laid it out like Danielle and inspected the rest of his wallet as he asked "Do you think we should pull the lever in there?"

HoodyC17
2012-10-10, 03:14 AM
"Lever?" She stared at Zak inquisitively before standing up and inspecting the bathysphere herself.

She noted the damage before discovering the lever within. She also spotted a sign with the words "SERVICE RADIO" printed on it and the holder, which she assumed where the radio was meant to be, empty.

"Might be a new form of elevator which would make the guess of this place being a research facility more likely. It could probably leads into the facility, where we can get help-BUT." She really wanted to emphasise the negatives. "It is damaged and might not function properly. And it is missing its service radio so we can't call for help now or when the thing becomes our couple's coffin."

As Danielle finished speaking she finally noticed that her pessimism was having an effect on her stature. The entire time she was sliding down until she was currently on her knees.

She let out another sigh, she's been doing that a lot. "There's another problem," she shuddered conveniently, "we are soaked, it is night, and our only heat source is the hellfire that used to be a plane outside. And even then we would have to be in the water in order to be close to it! Defeating the purpose of getting dry an-" She stopped there but not because she was shouting again, as being angry and frustrated was reasonable considering the circumstances. No, she instead stopped because her vision was blurring.

She rubbed her eyes for a few moments, accidently letting out a few sniffless for Zak to hear before calming down after a few deep breaths. "What I'm trying to say is..." She began slowly, attempting to prevent herself from repeating the previous episode. "We are going to most likely freeze to death. The proper action here is to..." She took another deep breath and shuddered once again, this time not from the cold. "Is to... Remove our clothes and huddle for warmth."

"...But I'm not going to do that. I can't do that. Not to a man."

Is this pulling heart strings? Tell me I'm doing a good job.

Lejosh
2012-10-10, 04:05 AM
Zak looked at Danielle and thought she might need some time to herself to think, but he didnt know where he could go to leave her alone but be close enough if she needed help or something. He thought for a second before saying "I'm going to go and have a look outside the lighthouse to see if anything useful washed onto the shore that we might be able to use for a fire or something."

With that Zak removed the top half of his clothing and laid it out to dry "You can come with me if you want, if not, when my clothing dries you can use it for warmth, come and get me or call for me if you need any help." And with that Zak began to walk up the stairs, feeling the cold of his pants and on his chest as he walked outside of the tower and began looking around for anything of use or could be used to make a fire for the night.

Perception [roll0]

And yes RogueSpyder, it is working, although sorta freaking me out.

Milo v3
2012-10-10, 05:44 AM
As your eyes pierce into the dark abyssal waters, you notice a few stray materials, all of which were severely soaked.

You see a wallet, a brown jacket made for a large man, and a few shreds of brown paper.

Within the wallet is a around thirty dollars, and six photos of a small group who appeared to be family.

Lejosh
2012-10-10, 02:20 PM
Zak takes the brown jacket and wallet first, then carefulling takes the brown paper from the water before walking back down to the basement of the tower.

HoodyC17
2012-10-11, 12:11 AM
The assassin couldn't just lie there while she was freezing to death so she stood up and began inspecting the bathysphere once again.

She looked closely at the bronze roof before gritting her teeth. "Oh-kay! Skirt, bad decision..."

Her hands began to feel her pockets once again until she managed to retrieve a pair of scissors that was meant to be used to disguise her hair but now was needed to increase her mobility.

All these rolls are for determining the success of Danielle turning her skirt into a mini-skirt which she can run in.
Strength: [roll0]
Agility: [roll1]
Survivalist: [roll2]

Milo v3
2012-10-11, 12:40 AM
The skirt is tough to cut and takes a few tries to successfully shorten.

HoodyC17
2012-10-11, 12:50 AM
Danielle cut the detached cloth of her skirt into strips before she returned her scissor back into her pockets. She then wrapped the strips around her palms and fingers, as if they were bandages, before she began to climb the bathysphere to inspect the damages more closely.

Parkourist for climbing [roll0]

Milo v3
2012-10-17, 08:12 PM
You quickly get a grip on the blocky bathesphere. From your new position you can see that the tears are basically superficial and the device probably still works.

HoodyC17
2012-10-17, 11:16 PM
Danielle jumps back down and made no effort to hide her irritation.

"If I knew that before then that drama wouldn't have happened." She muttered angrily to herself before unwrapping her hands and throwing away the scraps.

She collected her money and wallet before she shouted at Zak who she assumed was still a distance away. "The thing isn't as damaged as I thought! I don't know about you but I'm pulling the lever!"

She returned back inside bathysphere.

Lejosh
2012-10-18, 01:38 AM
Zak reached the bottom of the stairs as Danielle shouts out to him. He quickly makes his way over to his things, picking them up and then getting inside the sphere as he tries to get his shirt and jacket back on.
"You want to pull it or should I?" Zaks asks as he finishs wrestling with his stuff.

HoodyC17
2012-10-18, 05:44 AM
Danielle merely smiled for the first time since the plane crash before grabbing hold of the lever and pulling it.

Milo v3
2012-10-18, 06:21 AM
The thick glass door slid shut, sealing you both within the device.
Darkness engulfed you as the bathesphere decended.

A blank sheet rolled down, covering the glass.
Click. And the voice of a middle aged american began to talk, his voice was inquisitive yet agressive.
"Is a man entitled to the sweat of his brow?"
*Image shows an Eagle tormenting a working man*
"No says the man in Wastington, it belongs to the poor."
*Image changes to a man kneeling before a blinding light*
"No says the man in the Vatician, it belongs to God."
*Image changes to a sickle overbearing above a frightened man.
"No says the man in Moscow, it belongs to everyone."

"I rejected those answers. And chose Rapture."
The screen ascends revealing the open sea deep below the surface.
Within the dark waters you can see a bright and colossal metropolise, hundreds of skyscrapers connected by glass halls, the siren call of a whale echoed within the capsule, and millions of fish drifted between the buildings, with sharks and squids darting away from the bathesphere.

Lejosh
2012-10-18, 05:05 PM
Looking around Zak took in what he was seeing, "Are we underwater or..." He let his voice drift off as he tried to make sense about what he was seeing before saying "Are those fish flying?"

HoodyC17
2012-10-18, 11:53 PM
Danielle didn't respond and merely stared through glass, entranced by the sight.

Lejosh
2012-10-19, 10:57 PM
"This may be a stupid question but, how do you suppose we get out of this thing and into those buildings?" Zak asked Danielle, trying to see around the sphere to anything they might be attached to.

For looking around the sphere as best he can - [roll0]

Milo v3
2012-10-19, 11:04 PM
Zak swiftly notices a thin, foot long bronze rail which connected to the top of the bathesphere. It was forcing the device down a single path.

Slowing as the capsule following its rail, it eventually entered into a building and started to rise.

A fountain of water burst around the bathesphere as it surfaced within the building.

Infront of the device lay a small conpath surrounded by puddles of water.

The door slowly opened with a sigh.

Lejosh
2012-10-21, 05:39 PM
Slowly stepping out of the sphere, Zak looked around the place they were in cautiously, checking for other people mainly. "Where do you think we are?" Zak asked Danielle.

Looking around the area for people and stuffs [roll0]

HoodyC17
2012-10-21, 11:35 PM
"I..." She was still baffled by the sight of the city and as hard as she tried, she couldn't make any sense of it.

A long pause followed before she finally admitted, "I have no idea."

Danielle cautiously followed Zak out of the bathysphere and searched for anything. Anything that would provide an explanation. Anything that would hint her whereabout or situation.

Milo v3
2012-11-01, 07:58 PM
Aside from a few corpses, there are no others around. Beside these bodies is are suitcases of luggage and clothes, all of which lay torn and wet.

Signs lean on the railing around the bathesphere, each written upon with red paint.
"LET US GO!"
"YOU DON'T OWN US"
"YOU CAN'T KEEP US DOWN HERE!"

Lejosh
2012-11-03, 06:03 PM
Seeing the writing freaks out Zak a little bit, but he decides that some of the bodies might have something useful on them and searchs through the cases and bodies for any useful items or something that might let him and Danielle out of this place.

For searching for a way out and useful items = [roll0]

HoodyC17
2012-11-03, 08:04 PM
Danielle merely nodded at Zak as she understood the necessity and was no stranger to death. And since Zak was searching bodies, she decided to look for a way to go deeper into the facility.

"Hello? We found you're wonderful welcoming party." She doesn't mean to snark, really, it's just her reaction to stress. "But they uhh... Came upon a nasty case of dead before they could meet us."

Perception: [roll0]

Milo v3
2012-11-03, 09:04 PM
As Zak searches through the pockets and clothing of the corpses, he notices that they seem to have already been searched, and that none of them had any wallets or money of any kind.

Aside from the torn shreds, a few have syringes and a small number of photos. In a womans jacket pocket you also find a device which looks like a tape recorder, but you can't see anywhere to put in a tape.

Finally, you notice that every single body, has at least one puncture wound.

Danielle, you see that there a passage down the left of the bathesphere station, under a fallen pillar.

You can probably fit through it without difficulty.

Lejosh
2012-11-04, 08:21 PM
Zak takes the 'recording device and pockets it while turning to ask Danielle "Did you find anything?"

HoodyC17
2012-11-04, 09:10 PM
The assassin takes a moment to approach the fallen pillar before she replied to Zak with a gesture towards the passage.

"I'm going through first." She stated before she crouched down and began to proceed through.

Milo v3
2012-11-04, 09:52 PM
As you passed out from under the pillar, you find yourself in a large room. To the left and right sides are a row seats, all covered in refuse. Also a set of staircases curves from the sides up to a balcony behind you.

The red carpet which lies upon the floor is wet and old. Your eyes following the trailing water leads to a a large thick steel door, the edges of which are covered in a mossy green grime.

WHIIIIRRL
The sound of a device activating could be heard up the staircase.
"My father's Smarter than Einstein! Stronger than Heracules! And can light a match with a SNAP of his fingers! Are you as good as my Daddy? Not if you don't vist the Gather's Gardens."

HoodyC17
2012-11-04, 11:35 PM
Curiosity has lead her this far, what's the harm of allowing it to lead her a bit further? Danielle decides to ascend the towards the balcony.

"Looks safe!" She shouted as the cimbed the steps.

Lejosh
2012-11-04, 11:48 PM
Zak came through the small passageway and followed Danielle up the stairs, hoping to find something to tell them where they were and how to get back to where they came from.

Milo v3
2012-11-06, 08:05 PM
As the two of you ascend the staircase you find yourself in front of a bright red vending machine, with a black screen and several buttons. Next to it lies a statue of a little girl who leans on the machines side.
Above it lies the words
"Gather's Garden"
The words appear though it was meant to be a glowing sign, but the light bulbs had been destroyed long ago.

At its base is a a group of empty syringes with a strange appearance.
The syringes look like this except without the red liquid:
http://images.wikia.com/bioshock/images/a/a9/Plasmid.png

Lejosh
2012-11-07, 04:03 AM
Zak walks up to the vending machine, examining it to see what is inside and how to get stuff out of it. As he does this he says "Better check this out, we might need some food sooner or later."

For examining the vending machine = [roll0]

HoodyC17
2012-11-07, 04:21 AM
Danielle ceased her ascent two or three steps from the top as soon as she saw the syringes. She paled at first before she released a shaky breath that she unknowingly held.

"S-sorry. Fear of needles." She was obviously unnerved but her tone carried a suspicious haste. "I'll search the rest of the balcony, you focus on the thing."

The assassin began searching anyplace on the balcony that wasn't near the vending machine and hoped she would find something to defend herself with when the need arises. And shoes which weren't heels. And pants.

Perception for searching the balcony: [roll0]

Milo v3
2012-11-07, 04:28 AM
Zak
Beside the screen and buttons is a small hole, into which the vendor's contents seem to fall.

From its appearance you can't tell what the Gather's Garden dispensors. You may have to examine it in more detail.

Danielle
With a few glances you find a few things which could be used as weapons; a wrench, a sizable shard of glass, and a rusty pipe.

Lejosh
2012-11-08, 02:52 PM
Zak attempts to press some of the buttons on the machine to see if anything comes out.

HoodyC17
2012-11-08, 03:37 PM
As she reached down to grab the wrench and pipe she annouced the presence of the tool and component.

"Hey Zak, wrench or pipe?" She asked.

Milo v3
2012-11-08, 06:19 PM
Once you press a button the screen flashes on, showing a jumble of words, then immediately deactivating.

Two of the syringes then fall into the dispensing area, both filled with a red glowing liquid.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Lejosh
2012-11-08, 10:46 PM
Zak turns to Danielle and says "Wrench please" before turning back to the machine and taking the two syringes and showing them to Danielle. "What do you think they are?" he asks her.

HoodyC17
2012-11-09, 01:03 AM
Danielle warily approached Zak and held the handle of the wrench out. She tilted her head and contemplated theories before she remembered machine's slogan.

"Performance enhancers?" She said as she raised a eyebrow.

Lejosh
2012-11-10, 03:42 PM
Taking the wrench, Zak thought Danielle's theory about them might be sound, but he wasn't going to be the one to inject himself with an unknown substance. "Well I'll keep them in my pocket till we need them unless you want to take one?" Zak asked, extending his hand out for if Danielle did want one.

HoodyC17
2012-11-10, 07:03 PM
The assassin paled and immediately stepped back. She took a moment to regain her composure before she directed a glare at Zak.

"Fear. Of. Needles!" She emphasised not only with punctuation but also a wave of the pipe.

Lejosh
2012-11-11, 06:56 PM
"Oh, sorry. I didn't know" Zak said, blushing as he pocketed the needles.

"Well, where do you think we should go from here?" Zak asked, standing and looking around.

HoodyC17
2012-11-11, 09:03 PM
Danny merely shrugged in an exaggerated fashion as she lowered her weapon. Currently she was relieved that the syringes were out of her sight but also suspicious of the man's cognitive capabilities.

A frown crossed her face after a moment of internal debating and she approached the top of the starcase to observe the leaking door.

Milo v3
2012-11-11, 09:20 PM
More and more water is leaking from the bottom of the door, also a slight hissing can be heard from it.

Lejosh
2012-11-12, 06:00 PM
"Me think we might want to move away from this door, you know, just a little bit." Zak says, standing ready to run if the door was to break open.

HoodyC17
2012-11-12, 08:26 PM
"Ahh... Humbug." Danielle cursed.

She quickly began to survey the area and hoped to find a way to escape from the inevitable flooding.

She muttered to herself as she considered her options "This is bad... eventually the water level would reach the balcony and even if it doesn't we will be stuck there with limited air..."

"The underwater-sphere-thing!" She gasped, panic evident in her voice. "Its the only place that is waterproof!"

Lejosh
2012-11-12, 08:38 PM
"Quickely, lets get back to it" Zak says, waiting for Danielle to pass him, ladies first, and then following behind her to the sphere.

HoodyC17
2012-11-12, 09:48 PM
The assassin descended the stairs and quickly ducked underneath the pillar.

Milo v3
2012-11-12, 09:59 PM
Behind you the door started to moan, and ache.

Lejosh
2012-11-12, 10:01 PM
Zak quickly followed Danielle down the stairs and ducked underneath the pillar heading towards the sphere as fast as he could running behind her.

Milo v3
2012-11-12, 11:47 PM
The Bathesphere is gone, it must have risen while you were in the other room.

Water starts to pour out from the door.

HoodyC17
2012-11-13, 09:25 PM
"Dammit! This is fecal matter on a stick, fire on the crapper annoying!" The unusual profanities were yelled by the faux blonde who was desperately trying to keep calm.

As she paced she suddenly twisted her head to face Zak with fear displayed in her eyes. "Darl-Try and find if there is a way to return the device that allowed us to enter." She cursed herself for allowing her accent and speech patterns to slip mementarily. "I will search for an alternative escape route."

Perception for searching [roll0]

Milo v3
2012-11-13, 09:55 PM
Glancing around frantically, you notice a large hole in the ceiling, which leads to another higher floor. Though you can't see a way to reach it.

More and more water starts to pour out, and the door is moaning more and more.

Lejosh
2012-11-14, 07:23 PM
"S#@T, that door is going to break any second now" Zak yells as he tries to find a way out of where he is stuck.

To find a way out of the room = [roll0]

HoodyC17
2012-11-14, 09:49 PM
The assassin lifted her arm and pointed at the opening in the ceiling.

"We have to find a way up there." She said cautiously with false composure. More for her benefit than Zak's. "And if we don't manage before the door breaks down then... Luckily we're good swimmers right?"

Lejosh
2012-11-15, 12:06 AM
Zak looks up and see's the opening, he doesn't even look around for a way up but instead gets onto one knees and says "Get on my shoulders" to Danielle. "I'll lift you up to the opening."

HoodyC17
2012-11-15, 04:39 PM
Danielle merely gaped at the spectacle and she decided to deny his plan as eloquently as possible.

"No."

Milo v3
2012-11-17, 08:54 PM
A colossal wave of water surged from door, tearing you from your feet. The world was dark and ever twisting but you could still make out the positions of the walls and each other. Most of the furniture and corpses were swept up in the currect, causing them to to be swirling around the room.

Lejosh
2012-11-17, 09:17 PM
"Try and stay in the center of the room. That way, when the water gets high enough we will go straight through the hole in the ceiling" Zak says, trying his best to stay in the center of the room.

Trying to stay in the center of the room I'm going to guess is a mix of STR and swiming so
STR - [roll0]
Swimming - [roll1]

HoodyC17
2012-11-18, 12:56 AM
Danielle attempted to stay afloat and near the hole as she looked for a place which is preferably close to the hole to anchor herself to.

Strength for swimming: [roll0]
Perception for searching for a anchoring point: [roll1]
Health for stamina: [roll2]