PDA

View Full Version : wheel of time: the lifetree of death

Pages : [1] 2 3

da prophet
2012-09-28, 02:25 AM
this is for all my players we will play.
so here post your characters and lets see if youre character becomes a hero or a villain.
additonal sites if you are interested in someting more:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5H_1DwGZrDLdEdrRGRXSUI3SWc/edit?pli=1
if you want hirelings please choose from here:
http://it.scribd.com/doc/6105229/arms-and-equipment-guide
out of character: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13982145#post13982145
on another note you get six times the gold you ould on level one

da prophet
2012-09-28, 05:25 PM
on your way from Andor to Chairen together with the rest of the group. why you are there is up to you to decide. it has been a stressfull experiece you have encountered many a unit of whitecloacks on the way. so many some persons is starting to grow anxious. you may make a listen check :smallsmile: as you see a burning village up ahead

DrK
2012-09-30, 04:25 AM
Karl El'Caon

Karl rode with the others. A young man still in his twenties though with the lined face of one who has many things to go with the shaved head and tall warriors' top knot of a shienarian.

Dressed in a smart blue courtiers outfit and wrapped loosely in a black cloak he seems rigid and slightly uncomfortable. A hand drifting up to his collar as if something is missing...

He had joined the others on the road near Caemlyn - arriving from cross country riding with little explanation but had seemed quiet since then as he rode with a waryness and an easy grip on his long warder's sword.

"Burning ahead. Light - more whitecloaks no doubt." The dislike for the so called children of the light evident in the clipped Borderlan accent.

listen [roll0]
And seize the power
Composure to not be bothered by the weather [roll1]

daProhet:- can you start an OOC thread to keep our character sheets and for OOC chatting and rolling so the IC doesn't get clogged?

cheers

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-10-01, 10:13 AM
Melanie rode along, still unused to her companions, and keeping much to herself when she was jogged from her reverie by the Shienaran's outburst. She glanced ahead searching, whilst trying to compose herself in order to seize the power.

Composure to overcome block (DC 15)
[roll0]

Spot: [roll1]

She calmed herself until she reached a serene state of mind and then found the source hovering just within reach: she felt herself come to life as the ecstasy of the source flooded through her, and she concentrated once more on the road ahead, and what had caused the commotion.

Saint of Nights
2012-10-01, 01:11 PM
Thalric rode along with the rest of his little company.
A man a littlle out of his youth, riding in brown travellers clothes and a little visible armor underneath the cloak.

Spot:
1d20+4

Drawing his lance, and signaling too five simmilarly clad riders at his side, he throws back his cloak and spurs mount in to a higher pace.

da prophet
2012-10-01, 01:21 PM
as you aproach the village you see that you see the full carnage in the city, around twelwe whitecloaks is fighting the villagers screaming "darkfriends and shadospawn and the power of light compels you" the villagers is fighting for their lives without any dicipline and it seems like they would have been anailathed if it as not for one old man who is throwing fireballs into the fray.Karl you see the weaves he is throwing and they are pretty crude even to you and he also looks exhausted on the purge of collaps. The children and women and one fat old man clad in nice clothes is running from the city. still at some distance it seems that none has noticed you yet exept the children whom when they saw you altered direction for the woods.

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-10-01, 01:51 PM
Melanie saw her companion ride ahead with his men and nodding to the shienaran, rode after them, hoping to get close to see what was happening. When she observed the white cloaks she realised that this would not go well, but the presence of male channeller complicated matters.

Did you mean that there is also a woman holding the source in the village? Because Melanie can't sense male channelling.

Which version of the Shield weave is being used? The Entropos handbook says there is an alternate but doesn't list the rules for it?

Revised version 2:
This version of shield is cast at 3rd level.
To shield a target, make an opposed
Concentration check. The Concentration
check for both participants is modified by
their Power Rating (sum of the subject’s
Intelligence bonus, Wisdom bonus,
Charisma bonus, and levels in channeling
class, as detailed in Prophesies of the
Dragon). A victory by the shielding
character indicates that the victim is
shielded, as detailed in the weave
description. Should the victim win the
opposed roll, she is not shielded. Should
she win by 10 or more, and has the ability
to weave shield herself, she may
immediately attempt to shield her attacker.
This is a free action and requires another
opposed skill roll. The battle of wills may
continue until one character is shielded or a
character wins the opposed skill check by
less than 10, which disallows a retaliative
shielding attempt.
If the target is not channeling and has not
embraced the True Source, the channeler
receives a +6 modifier to the opposed skill
check.

This revised version can be found in the Under the Dragon's Banner (http://wot213.tripod.com/supplement/utdb.pdf) Sourcebook.

Don't worry I'll stop asking questions once we've gotten through the beginning and the rules are all worked out :smalltongue:

da prophet
2012-10-01, 02:17 PM
Melanie saw her companion ride ahead with his men and nodding to the shienaran, rode after them, hoping to get close to see what was happening. When she observed the white cloaks she realised that this would not go well, but the presence of male channeller complicated matters.

Did you mean that there is also a woman holding the source in the village? Because Melanie can't sense male channelling.

Which version of the Shield weave is being used? The Entropos handbook says there is an alternate but doesn't list the rules for it?

Revised version 2:
This version of shield is cast at 3rd level.
To shield a target, make an opposed
Concentration check. The Concentration
check for both participants is modified by
their Power Rating (sum of the subject’s
Intelligence bonus, Wisdom bonus,
Charisma bonus, and levels in channeling
class, as detailed in Prophesies of the
Dragon). A victory by the shielding
character indicates that the victim is
shielded, as detailed in the weave
description. Should the victim win the
opposed roll, she is not shielded. Should
she win by 10 or more, and has the ability
to weave shield herself, she may
immediately attempt to shield her attacker.
This is a free action and requires another
opposed skill roll. The battle of wills may
continue until one character is shielded or a
character wins the opposed skill check by
less than 10, which disallows a retaliative
shielding attempt.
If the target is not channeling and has not
embraced the True Source, the channeler
receives a +6 modifier to the opposed skill
check.

This revised version can be found in the Under the Dragon's Banner (http://wot213.tripod.com/supplement/utdb.pdf) Sourcebook.

Don't worry I'll stop asking questions once we've gotten through the beginning and the rules are all worked out :smalltongue:

we may use your rules for shielding (even though there is one in the core book)

lets see if i manage to work out the dice roller for that poor bastard:
(roll)1d20+5(/roll)

there was a female channeler but you stopped feeling her before you reached the city (i am sorry i forgot mentioning it)

as to that you will stop ask questions: i aint the best gm in the world, i am ok but nothing more, that is in face to face games. for me this s a first time for play by post so if i do something realy bad just tell me i am interested in learning and i dont learn if i dont know that i am doing wrong. so please tell me any mistakes i do:smallbiggrin:

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-10-01, 02:32 PM
we may use your rules for shielding (even though there is one in the core book)

lets see if i manage to work out the dice roller for that poor bastard:
(roll)1d20+5(/roll)

there was a female channeler but you stopped feeling her before you reached the city (i am sorry i forgot mentioning it)

as to that you will stop ask questions: i aint the best gm in the world, i am ok but nothing more, that is in face to face games. for me this s a first time for play by post so if i do something realy bad just tell me i am interested in learning and i dont learn if i dont know that i am doing wrong. so please tell me any mistakes i do:smallbiggrin:

Ok, I was assuming that those weaves mentioned in the handbook were part of your rules, and most of those names seemed to be lifted from that book.

Melanie's concentration+Power check: [roll0] (10 for concentration, 6 for wilder, 3 wis, 1 int, 2 charisma)

Melanie wove a net of spirit and hurled it at the man throwing fire, hoping she could prevent any further violence.
"Try and stop the Whitecloaks!" she called, hoping that the soldiers and Shienaran could handle them.

da prophet
2012-10-01, 02:50 PM
Ok, I was assuming that those weaves mentioned in the handbook were part of your rules, and most of those names seemed to be lifted from that book.

Melanie's concentration+Power check: [roll0] (10 for concentration, 6 for wilder, 3 wis, 1 int, 2 charisma)

Melanie wove a net of spirit and hurled it at the man throwing fire, hoping she could prevent any further violence.
"Try and stop the Whitecloaks!" she called, hoping that the soldiers and Shienaran could handle them.

yeah the upstart for this campaign was pretty messy from my side my bad :smallredface:
in play by post games is it initiative? or how does combat work? im sorry i just dont find it in a guide to play by post games.

DrK
2012-10-01, 04:13 PM
Karl brimmed with the power and could feel it reverbrrating inside him as he rode forward. The shout from the Altaran women travelling with them surprised him. As did the sudden vanishing of the source around the unusual male wilder.

Igniting the power within him flamed flowed into the midst of the white cloaks with a terrific explosion as hd fished his silver dedicated sword from his pouch. these are the dragon's lands. Get back to Amador.

Throwing a level 4 fireball so about 30ft radius and
[roll0] damage, ref DC 18 for half.

da prophet
2012-10-01, 04:20 PM
Karl brimmed with the power and could feel it reverbrrating inside him as he rode forward. The shout from the Altaran women travelling with them surprised him. As did the sudden vanishing of the source around the unusual male wilder.

Igniting the power within him flamed flowed into the midst of the white cloaks with a terrific explosion as hd fished his silver dedicated sword from his pouch. these are the dragon's lands. Get back to Amador.

Throwing a level 4 fireball so about 30ft radius and
[roll0] damage, ref DC 18 for half.

With a boom a fireball comes out of thin air raining fires upon the enemy. Suddenly chaos spread througout the whitecloaks ranks, they may kill a village of darkfriends but fighting 2 witces and at the same time fight a charging unit of cavalery is simply to much they break, now will you lete them escape?

(rollv)6d20(/rollv)

da prophet
2012-10-01, 04:21 PM
Ignore this post

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-10-01, 06:00 PM
Melanie gasped, nearly losing her composure and the source as her block threatened to clamp down, but with an effort of will she centred her mind. A man who could channel! She had been prepared to take down the old man who was attacking the Whitecloaks, but she knew she couldn't fight another one, and his weave seemed far more devastating than the first channeller's.

She called Ellis, her horse to a halt and focussed on maintaining the shield over the first channeller, hoping that the Shienaran wouldn't turn on all of them once the Whitecloaks were gone.

DrK
2012-10-01, 09:24 PM
Karl glanced at the slender Ebou Dari as she gasped. We don't fear you in the lands of the Dragon Reborn. Soon the black tower will be as mighty as the white.

If she stares she will be able to see the dedicated pin.

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-10-02, 04:14 AM
The borderlander's arrogance amazed her: it had not been long ago that a man who could channel would be ashamed of his perversion, hide it from the world lest he was cast out, but due to this Black Tower, the Shienaran had the gaul to challenge her!
Her second thought was a sudden realisation that this man knew her for a channeller, but assumed she was Aes Sedai. Well better that than a lonely wilder... she realised.

She turned her concentration back to holding her weave, and assessed the battle, staunchly refusing to antagonise the asha'man.

DrK
2012-10-02, 05:06 AM
Karl cooly watches the white cloaks flee trailing smoke as they do so readying a nasty weave of fire to unleash at the Aes Sedai if hr felt the slightest whisper of an attack on the source.

Looking at her moderates his tone. why are you here sedai? Please release the wilder. Why are you here. I mean you no harm.

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-10-02, 06:42 AM
"I am no Aes Sedai," Melanie responds, attempting a scornful voice. "I am here to help people, not to kill them." Her tone of voice made it obvious this was a criticism. "That man is dangerous, I have no intention of allowing him to continue to harm people."

da prophet
2012-10-02, 08:06 AM
In the course of your conversation a fat balding man looking like the old channeler aproaches you, clearly terrified. he is clothed in fine wool like a wealthy villager, holding his cap in his hand bracing himself. When you stop your conversation he tells you in a fastspeaking tenor, speaking to all in the group "please let my brother go, the whitecloaks said he was a darkfriend but he is not, he dont even kill the mices when he finds them." he quicly looks at a pretty woman who might be his wife. Then he blurts out; "he is just a little weird sometimes. He just found those items in a forest. He said they pulled him to them! he did not mean any harm and i did not have the heart to take them from him!"

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-10-02, 08:14 AM
Melanie was confused: these people wanted to protect that other man? She could accept that not all men who could channel were evil, but they were dangerous definitely, especially if they'd been channelling for a long time. And these objects that he spoke of?

Melanie strove for composure once more and then replied to the man: "Surely he is dangerous: can't you see that? I'm trying to stop him hurting you. Especially if these objects... Well, they could be very dangerous as well."

da prophet
2012-10-02, 08:42 AM
the man, who were ruddy before now turns to a angry violet. "he is my brother, he would never let me come to harm." he turns to carl spitting at his feets "as to male channelers being dangerous you came riding into the village with one yourself" one of the younger men in the little crowd said in a dangerous voice "what good have an aes sedai ever done to us. first you take my sister and now you will try to take my father as well!" most of the mob mumbles agressively.

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-10-02, 08:46 AM
Well he is right, that rather does kill my moral superiority.

"I am not with this man, and only believed him to be a shienaran knight till a few moments ago." However faced with the rising opposition from all sides Melanie felt both her position weakening and panic rising. Rather than face embarrassment and possible danger if her block reasserted herself, she decided to acquiesce to their demands and consciously allowed the shield to unravel, though she held fast to Saidar just in case.

da prophet
2012-10-02, 09:09 AM
"you all tell you aes sedai lies....." the ruddy fat man started agressively, before the channeler Melaine let go saYs "Carlos! she let me go, they also just saved our lives, let us hear what theyr buisiness is in our village, show them our grattitude, forget our disagreements and give them food and shelter." the man called Carlos composed himself a bit before he says.: "yes let me represent the villagers who chose to stay instead of running from the whitecloaks: he points at the chaneler this is my brother Aden with his son who already have spoken to you Nicolas." a small man, barely 5 feet tall, at the front winks showig impressive white teeths. and he starts enumerating "this is my wife: abigail and here is raphael, bobby, billy, nathan, xavier......" until his wife interupt him "surely they may talk to them in the tavern later on right now what they need is a bathtub and a cosy bed."
the tension seems to slowly lift around you as people lay don theyr makeshift weapos and start putting out the fires. the only guy not putting out fires is Aden, the channeler who looks exhausted and only looks at you half asleep. its first now when people starts moving that you notice an inn a merchant building a couple of houses, a stable, and a couple of wagons. you estimate it to be around 30 houses of various sizes without any public houses.

DrK
2012-10-02, 02:30 PM
Karl looks about. The power still held close like a beacone of fire giving him strength and power from within. Looking to the villagers he looks at the one in charge giving a short nod.

"Master Carlos. You should know that your brother would be welcome at the Black Tower. He oculd learn to control his powers and serve the Dragon Reborn and the Light as we prepare for the last battle. We have need of every soldier to join the forces of the light."

Still watching the retreating white cloaks he smiles a smile to himself - glancing to to the shadows watching him "I told you so"

Turning around back to the young lady he gives a short mounted bow. "I am Karl El'Caon. Dedicated of the Black Tower. If you are no Aes Sedai then who would you be mysterious lady?"

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-10-02, 06:02 PM
Melanie baulked at the casual reference to the Black Tower, an organisation shunned by all those who walked in the Light. But this man's manner seemed pleasant enough, and his intentions did seem to be good...

"I am Melanie Arani, and I was a Reader in Ebou Dar." That should be enough for him now, no need to involve the circle or the Kin.

Saint of Nights
2012-10-02, 06:13 PM
After riding whit his men to se of the whitecloaks, and make sure the dont cause more trouble than they already have, Thalric returns too the chaotic scene at the village. Muttering "Not one, but two channellers, what have I done to deserve this headache!?"

"So, now that that seems to be taken care of, is there anything else I might assist this lovely little hamlet with, before I continue on my way?"

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-10-02, 06:16 PM
"And you would be?" Melanie asked curiously, "It would seem your men were crucial here in seeing off those Whitecloaks."

da prophet
2012-10-06, 06:00 AM
karl: after you spoke to the major he thinks for a while before he responds "yes it would be good for him to be with his own kind, but he dont want to leave could you persuade him? i would be very thankful, maybe you also could check if the item he found in the forest? it was some more but i persuaded him to leave them there." he holds out a old man standing on a heap of sculls, you recognise what it is. and it is powerfull. (out of game level 2)
thadrik: Carlos turns to you if you would share our food and shelter for the night i would be pleased to have someone who walks in the light under my roof.

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-10-06, 07:23 AM
Melanie watches the exchange of the odd figurine curiously. "Where are the rest of those items?" she asked, "we ought to investigate them." She was reminded of the Kin's guardianship of the ter'angreal in Ebou Dar and knew then that acquiring these objects would be important, if onyl to keep them out of the hands of more dangerous folk. Suddenly a thought came to mind: "I sensed a woman channelling here just before I arrived: is she alright? I would happily offer healing to any who require it."

da prophet
2012-10-06, 08:14 AM
Melaine: Carlos looks at you for a second, then shrugs, before he starts describing the road, about 3 days ride to the north east and finishes of by adding:" me and my brother played there as kids and after he turned..... different he started coming there aswell. he sometimes claims he needs to protect the forest from shadows so i went with him once and i found he had placed the items in a little cave just outside a forest with big threes." "as to the woman she was a lonely crone who entered the village once in a while with her husband to help with births and those kind of things. She lies just over there". He ponts at a old woman merely a step from a tall hard man, face indistuinguishable, [COLOR="Purple"]"she lived a days ride to the west, she will be missed by the ill" Carlos walks away from you to shout orders to the men putting out the fires.

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-10-06, 08:22 AM
Melanie headed over to the fallen woman, and pausing just next to her body, sent forth a weave of Spirit and Delved her, trying to find if even a small amount of life remained.

Level 0 weave, reveals any injuries she has suffered.

da prophet
2012-10-06, 08:38 AM
Melanie headed over to the fallen woman, and pausing just next to her body, sent forth a weave of Spirit and Delved her, trying to find if even a small amount of life remained.

Level 0 weave, reveals any injuries she has suffered.

well she is dead, however there are many, both whitecloaks and villagers that is still alive.

DrK
2012-10-06, 09:13 AM
Karl looks about before staring at Carlos. "A strange thing indeed and dangerous in the wrong hands". His face almost sweating despite his concentration as he handles the strange figurine and the power floods into him. The roaring furnace of Saidin burning like a beacon as the angreal bring hims more power.

You mean its a +2 Angreal?

Karl looks back to the male chaneller. "If you wish to serve the light I can have you to the Black Tower with the hour. Such things can be done by those who serve the Dragon Reborn." The pride resolute in his tone.

Glancing to Melanie he mutters a short prayer for the wilder "Last embrace of the mosther welcome her home. Kinswomen, shall we be be about to this cave. Your ability with Saidar may be useful. I will return later once your brother has decided should he wish to enroll at the Black Tower."

His eyes harden at the wounded white cloaks and he glances at the cavalry that he had been journeying with. "As for the wounded Children of the Light may I suggest a hangman's noose?"

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-10-06, 09:41 AM
Melanie stared about her, without the woman she would be unable to stand against two men, especially with an angreal. She also despaired as to how best help those injured. Loathe as she was to work with those men, she knew she would need assistance.
"Are either of you skilled at Healing? I have some talent, but not the strength to heal so many. If you cannot Heal them, then I would ask all of you to help order the injured in terms of severity: I will save those most in danger, and have to hope the rest will recover." With that she set about ordering the wounded, attempting to impose her commands on the villagers.

Diplomacy: [roll0]
Intimidate: [roll1]

Once she has made an assessment of the injured, she'll decide who to Heal.

da prophet
2012-10-06, 06:07 PM
Karl: Aden (the channeler) turns to you "i would love to join to the black tower but the shadows are watching biding their time till i leave before striking i need to stay and protect my people. he sais with sadness in his eyes and voice. but could you still teach me the awesome powers of the dragon? i support the dragon aswell. he suddenly sais with hope in his eyes.

Melaine: then Aden turns to you i have slight controll over healing and will help. you soon have the worst injuried in front of you however some of them are whitecloaks and you are set between chosing the worst wounded of both or just the villagers. the asha`man seems to think about hanging the whitecloaks and the villagers seem to agree but on the other side they seem to have great respect and fear for you. the wilder is startin with his own kind healing 3 persons before until he rolls over severly fatigued gasping for air before he falls uncontius.

Karl: after his brother falls uncontius Carlos gives you the level 2 angreal with a weird look to his eyes: if it is dangerous then light banish me but i dont want my brother to have it.

DrK
2012-10-06, 06:17 PM
Karl looks at Melanie before shaking his head. I have no proficiency for healing. My talents run elsewhere. Even as he says so his eyes widen at the complex weavings of the balding male channeler.

Weavesight [roll0] +8 needing 20.

Even as Karl watches the man work his face looks on with distaste. The madness already affecting Alden. Come to the tower. You may bring your family. They will be safe.

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-10-06, 06:37 PM
Melanie was reluctant to help, but she knew that the Whitecloaks intended good, even if they vilified her kind. To each white cloak she first asked if they would allow her to Heal them, or asked one who was conscious for permission should the wounded be too injured to give permission themselves.

5 Healings, Level 0 (With all affinites)
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

On 5 different targets, alternating between a villager and a whitecloak (so 3 whitecloaks, 2 villagers).

da prophet
2012-10-07, 04:30 AM
Karl: he looks reluctant but you may check if your diplomacy works on him when he wakes up. and even though he seems weak in the power he did some healing that was very good.

Melaine: some one asks to die in peace but the other two reluctanly agrees. all of the villagers agrees you see from the corner of your eye that Aden is doing a decent jobb. when your done with the healing the villagers thanks you dearly. it seems like they have forgotten that you may channel.

All: It starts to grow late and you need to prepare for the morrow. the villagers seems to have the fire under controll and the woman, Abigail, Carlos wife walks over to you looks up on you and ask: would you like to go to your rooms, it is geting late, then you may plan the trip from there we got some pretty good maps."

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-10-07, 05:26 AM
Melanie had not exhausted herself, and was pleasantly surprised to realise that her power had increased. I'm still growing stronger, and I was already as powerful as many of the Kin...

She thanked Abigail warmly for the bed and found a room in the inn where they could meet: if these ter'angreal were male-attuned then she would need a man to find them, and from what Karl had insinuated, he might know how to Travel, which would certainly be quicker than walking.

She waited within, studying the maps, and waiting for the others to join her.

Quick question: what level is the average Aes Sedai? And what level would Egwene/Nynaeve/Rand be? And the Forsaken? Just so we know how strong we are relative to other channellers.

da prophet
2012-10-07, 06:08 AM
Melanie had not exhausted herself, and was pleasantly surprised to realise that her power had increased. I'm still growing stronger, and I was already as powerful as many of the Kin...

She thanked Abigail warmly for the bed and found a room in the inn where they could meet: if these ter'angreal were male-attuned then she would need a man to find them, and from what Karl had insinuated, he might know how to Travel, which would certainly be quicker than walking.

She waited within, studying the maps, and waiting for the others to join her.

Quick question: what level is the average Aes Sedai? And what level would Egwene/Nynaeve/Rand be? And the Forsaken? Just so we know how strong we are relative to other channellers.

this is maybe ooc but i still answer it here: your powers is still growing so you can not tell how strong you will become but as i know the system this would be about right: rand: beyond what you may achieve, the same with forsaken and nyaneve. egwene is very powerful:23 (alltogether)
you have to remember the character in the series is all very powerful
Moraine is 15
but an aes sedai is normaly between 6 and 12 ( twelve is pretty much)a wilder however is much weaker. hope this helped :smallsmile: you will gain levels pretty soon.

DrK
2012-10-07, 03:29 PM
Karl curses inwardly as the hectic swirl of spirit, air and water flow over the wounded men in a pattern to complex for him to follow. As the man pitches forward he gently catches him on heavy arms of air - the massive weaves of air string enough to hurl wagons with the angreal pulsing in his fist.

Holding the channeller some 5ft off the ground he gently floats him across to Melanie and the others of the villagers that are healing before gently placing him on the ground with a gentle wave of his hand.

Use a 0 level weave but get a 3rd level effect :smallsmile:

Joining Melanie in the inn he smiles thinly at her as he joins her by the map. The power still clutched to him lest she try anything shifty... "How have you come to be here then Kinswomen? And how have you avoided the attentions of your Tower. We had thought it was most assiduous in finding all women that possess the spark?"

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-10-07, 05:09 PM
Melanie assumed a level of calm once more: she would deal with this man and so properly, there was no need to antagonise him, they could work together.
"I did once pass through the Tower: but suffice to say I left, and learnt much instead in Ebou Dar. Did you seek out your 'talents' at the Black Tower?" The last words left a foul taste in her mouth and Melanie failed to conceal her distaste.

da prophet
2012-10-07, 06:38 PM
No matter if you celebrate with the villagers or go to sleep you will still wake up (some with a bigger hangover than others) and start preparing for leaving the city some needs suplies and other just needs saying good bye. You feel more experienced and have all learnt somethingyou level up and need to decide where to leave to.
Aden wants to help protect you from the dark trees and wants to join you.

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-10-08, 04:07 AM
Melanie was distrustful of the potentially insane old man, but decided that diplomacy would be the best approach here: "We'll need someone to watch over the village whilst we're away in case Whitecloaks or something worse come roving," she warned.

da prophet
2012-10-08, 11:42 AM
the old man just nods, "you are right i should protect the village" after being thanked by the villagers to many times to count you finaly set of into the woods folowing a small game trail with trees on both sides and you continue for a long time you may make visionbased perception tests as the night sets in without anything more eventful than dinner and the occational animals.

DrK
2012-10-08, 02:31 PM
As they rode out the asha'man dressed in his coat of unrelieved black Karl nods to the wilder. "my thanks for the healing"

Took it as my leveling up common weave to cover up those failed weavesight rolls :smallsmile:

As he mounts up he looks to the female wilder. "Do you wish to ride or we can Travel if you so wish?" The emphasis on the word and the talent?

DrK
2012-10-08, 02:37 PM
As they rode out the asha'man dressed in his coat of unrelieved black Karl nods to the wilder. "my thanks for the healing"

Took it as my leveling up common weave to cover up those failed weavesight rolls :smallsmile:

As he mounts up he looks to the female wilder. "Do you wish to ride or we can Travel if you so wish?" The emphasis on the word and the talent?

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-10-08, 02:54 PM
Melanie felt slightly nervous at the mention of the newly rediscovered Talent, but after her dream, she felt as though it would be important to do this as quickly as possible. "If you can," she answered stoicly, "then it would be certainly helpful, I believe speed is of the essence."

da prophet
2012-10-08, 04:36 PM
Karl: you remember what they told you when you were an apprentice that to make a waygate you need to know the place you travel to. of course you may travel from hilltop to hilltop but you can not travvel to a place you have not been before.

so in one or another way you travel. it is a beutiful day and the looks amazingly pretty in a wild way. the birds are singing some deers are running and it is one of those days you live for. you may all make a percetion test as you ride along and you may also tell me what you are doing, apart from riding.

DrK
2012-10-10, 07:30 AM
in the books they appear to also use maps to travel like when elayne etc.. go to Ebou Dar or when Rand travels to there (book 12) or Maradon (book 13)

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-10-10, 08:57 AM
Yeah, you need to know where you are going from I believe, but not where you are going particularly.

Melanie rode out of the gateway nervously, trying to calm Ellis who like her rider had been unnerved by the experience. She turned to Karl: "Since Aden could feel these objects, it would appear that they have some link with male channellers: do you think you could feel them?" She wasn't sure that she held out much hope for that, but instead tried to look around for any of the landmarks they had been told to look for.

Spot Check: [roll0]
Listen Check: [roll1]

da prophet
2012-10-10, 09:53 AM
You all see the stunning nature the small mountain to the west and the high trees to the east.

Melaine
(You see the nature. But apart from that nothing.

Karl
i took the liberty to roll your dice: 16 unmodded you notice a piece of a wall that looks like it have not been damaged by time. It got a three depicted on it . You may roll knowledge and study it to know more exact info. Also there is a stench of decay over this place
Thadric
the plan of the great one is to ambush them here then if they survive come with a new wave of trolloks once you are up again

DrK
2012-10-10, 01:57 PM
Stepping out the gateway Karl had led his horse casually. The beast happy to plod alongside the Asha'man through the tear in the weave.

The next few hours roaming the lush hills had been relaxing and enjoyable but ultimately he had found what he wanted. He looked carefully at the wall - the strange 3 and undamaged walls and seized the molten power of Saidin. As the smells and sights grew sharper he approached the wall looking for any indication of the power.

Spinning around he opened up his hands summoning forth a burning globe of red fire to give light as bright as the sun that shone on the wall. "Melanie, Tharic, can either of you read the old tongue or know anything of the Age of Legends?

Weavesight if helpful [roll0]
- I have no useful knowledge skills!

da prophet
2012-10-10, 04:09 PM
Karl ; this thing is made with the one power. You also see tracks that you, if you were farther north would say was trolloks but of course that can not be here in this soft lands protected from the truth shadowspawn was something used by mothers to scare their kids.

As you look down you can not avoid to notice marks in the earth going from the mystical magic wrought rock and continuing on the edge of the forest for as long you can see.
make a perception check

DrK
2012-10-11, 02:12 AM
Tracks. Curious. Maybe Trolloc? As he says the last word the light in his hand winks out and a massive 3ft long slightly curved blade of fire appears in his hands. The effort minimal with the angreal burning a hole in his pocket.

Cast Fiery sword with a level 1 weave (effect = level 4)
Spot [roll0]

He looks to the mounted man and the women "Keep a wary eye out"

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-10-11, 01:02 PM
Melanie approached the ruins curious to see if it was like anything she'd heard of before.

Knowledge One Power check. [roll0]
Spot check: [roll1]

da prophet
2012-10-12, 06:27 AM
Karl
the more you look at it the more certain you become that this is trolloks. But you also see that the tracks starts at the big mysterious wall.

Melaine
you do know that this is a artifact created by men after the breaking of the world. When they started going insane. Some tried to hide and some few of them hid in the stedding Where they did not reach the source. When they left at the end of the breaking of the world they left an item that made it posible to use the ways.
You also spot a man hiding in the forest

DrK
2012-10-12, 04:02 PM
Karl, flaming sword still in hand glances around looking confused, Peace. A strange thing this, The tracks begin at the vert wall."

da prophet
2012-10-14, 02:15 AM
stepping in for saint
Thadrik thinks for a moment before he says: we should get those things and begone before the trolloks returns.

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-10-14, 02:40 PM
"This is a Waygate!" Melanie exclaimed, recalling with a shocked cry a small passage from an ancient history she'd come across in Ebou Dar. That information coupled with the signs of Trollocs ought to have been enough to terrify her, but noticing the man almost erased the information from her mind.

She sought serenity enough to embrace the source, whilst calling out to the others: "A man stands there, be on your guard."

Composure to embrace the source.
[roll0]

DrK
2012-10-14, 03:10 PM
Still cleaving to the long curved flaming sword he looks at the wilder. "Waygate you say. Strange and worrying. Shall we follow the tracks and find this cave?"

Karl looks about and points in the direction with the blade of saidin. "Lets go shall we."

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-10-14, 03:31 PM
Thinking Karl must have misheard her, Melanie repeats herself: "We can worry about the Trollocs soon enough, but what of that man:Thadrik, would you hail him, he is hidden within the trees and with so many relics of the Age of Legends lying here, I wouldn't want to risk that this man has dangerous motives for being here."

da prophet
2012-10-15, 10:35 AM
Thadric mutters something to his menn before he calls out "you hiding there come out and name your name and state your business before my men peppers you so full with quarells the creator himself would not recognise your lightforgotten cur face." The men raised their crossbows at the poor woodsman.

da prophet
2012-10-16, 03:52 AM
The man comes out He puts his arrow back in the quiver and step out, hands out to his sides, to show that he is unarmed, appart from the undrawn bow in his left hand. "Hail. Tell me, what are you doing threatening strangers in this part of the world?" *dripping with sarcasm*r

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-10-16, 06:44 AM
Melanie eyes him steadily, Saidar still coursing through her, strengthening her resolve. "These are dangerous times, and few would have a good reason to be so near this place: these tracks have you seen them before?I am Melanie, and these are my companions, Karl and Thadric and Thadric's men. We have our own reasons for travelling as we do."

DrK
2012-10-16, 08:02 AM
Karl watches the man carefully. Why was he out here by himself? Still holding glittering red sword he watched carefully reading heavy weaves if air should the man so much as move towards his bow.
"Peace favour your sword stranger. We mean you no harm. You should have care, dangerous shadowspawn have passed by this place"

da prophet
2012-10-16, 09:54 AM
suddenly a soldier is squeaking before you may go before you see the door opening slowly to reveal several beast people- you may have no knowledge about shadowspawn even to a untrained eye this is trolloks the nightmares of your youth with the big tusks standing almost as tall as an ogier and a strength that maches their sizes. You may maybe remember your mother threatening about if you do not behave the trolloks will get you. The dread fills most of you and one of thadrics men under the nickname of undying **** squeaks out "trolloks" in a scared voice the ones that are mounted should take a ride check to controll your lojal steed from throwing you off.

you do not need initiativ you will go together then the trolloks go.

da prophet
2012-10-16, 10:32 AM
edit posted twise

DrK
2012-10-18, 04:22 AM
"Light" curses Karl as he readies to retreat under a vast hail of flames...

Initiative [roll0]

da prophet
2012-10-18, 06:14 AM
twise posting

da prophet
2012-10-18, 06:18 AM
the trolloks- looking dumbfounded shouts and do wait for you to attack.
the man in the forest quickly notches an arrow to his bo and let it go hitting a trollok for 4 damage in the shoulder. you may also see melaine loosing controll of her horse which is trying to rear away from the trolloks. also two of thadricks menn loose controll of their horse- you recall their names to be cattleglee and francis big belly
trolloks go last so just attack when you want to

DrK
2012-10-18, 06:20 AM
Get away from the gate! Karl bellows as he retreats another 30ft away from the gate, moving sideways so as not be obvious to thecreatures within. Weaving air ad fire pulled through the little angreal as a vast gout of flame seems to erupt away from the sword racing through the air to engulf the waygate in crackling fire!

Unleash the fireball of doom - 3rd level weave +3 from affinities and angreal
Going just through the waygate before exploding
Doing [roll0] Damage with Ref DC 20 for half

Then move 30ft sideways so as not to be visible from the waygate

da prophet
2012-10-18, 06:41 AM
you do not exactly know ho many they were but right now three is standing while the others is lying around. there comes a shout of glee from the knights charging in on their wounded enemies as their cry of victoy suddenly a long time before they reach their enemies turn to a cry of terror. and suddenly the trolloks charge the knights one hits his unfortunate victim for 9 damage.

melaine:
you see a myrdraal standing in the way gate

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-10-18, 10:43 AM
Melanie panics when she sees the myrdraal, but having spent a few valuable seconds getting her horse under control, she instinctively reached for the source. She did not know how she did it, but she drew heat from the air with weaves of Fire, whilst using weaves of Water and Air to assail the Trollocs. Soon the air around them was filled with driving hail and cutting ice.
She paused in her weaving long enough to call out to the others: "Fade! There is a fade in the Waygate!"

Rain of Ice (one of the Weaves in the Entropos Handbook)
Level 5 (4th level slot for all affinities)

[roll0] DC 18 reflex save for half. 25ft radius.

da prophet
2012-10-19, 12:38 AM
The trolloks looks done laying in a combination of very badly burned and very bad cutting from the ice. Two of the soliders looks freezed but the third keeps his composure but at that time the myrdraal jumps into all of your sight. White flesh and a cloak that does not move- even as he charges the wounded solider.
you all need to take a will check dc17 or get freezed for d6 minutes.

DrK
2012-10-19, 08:28 AM
Karl stares down at the Fade, a whispered "The look of the eyeless is fear. Well fear me fade. I am no easy meat."

Lashing out with massive heavy strands of air he lashes the fade's arms and legs twisting the vile shadowspawn and hefting the beast into the air where it kicked frantically.

Smiling Karl grinned at it "While you dance there Fade we'll see if you can burn as wella s the next thing"

Move 30ft towards Melanie
Use 2nd Level weave - 5th level effect - Arms of Air to hold the Fade 10ft in the air

da prophet
2012-10-19, 04:22 PM
The shade looks about done and it do not help that he got penentrated by an arrow sent from the mysterious archer combined with 3 lances into him. He is still writhing. But the archer who looks like he has done this before knows its dead and turns to thadric as he looks most noble so what are you doing here?

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-10-19, 05:27 PM
Not content with the woodsman's dismissal of the halfman, Melanie centres herself, trying to ignore the biting wind and prepares to weave Fire and Air should the myrdraal look to move beyond the confines she had to assume Karl had woven.

da prophet
2012-10-20, 05:05 AM
thadric looks very dumbfounded and dragging out the words:so shall we just get those things and be gone before more of tose apears? his oldest man undying nick asks ell thadrik if we will have to go through that i think we should ask hat is in this for us? thadrik nods and asks you what is in this for us, we should settle this before e get into the goldrush from seeing the treashures. what about splitting equaly?

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-10-20, 06:18 AM
Melanie attempts to give the man, Undying Nick, her most withering stare: "These items will have no value for you: they are ter'angreal. It would seem as though you are being paid for your time already, and you will find few safer places in these times than with myself and Karl." Still cautious of the woodsman, Melanie approached the still open waygate, attempting to work out how to close it.

knowledge one power? [roll0]

da prophet
2012-10-20, 04:17 PM
The man does not like your stare and even though he is protesting it goes from very selfconfident and fast declining via muttering to a helpless look for help from his commander. thadrik waits till nicks protests declines before he says silently i have no interests in the items but i will not continue with no profits. i think it is fair that i get my share either in money or items else i will travel to the dragon to sell my sword to him.
then the woodsman turns to you furios. we need to safeguard this plase we cannot let the Waste come here we need to get assistance to stop trolloks leaking out.

you know how to close it but it will not be possible to lock it permanently with the power

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-10-21, 06:01 AM
Melanie takes the trefoil leaf of avendesora and uses it to close the gate. "I'm not sure how to permanently hold it, save enfolding it in Air, but I do not believe my weaves would last long enough, nor hold with enough force. Perhaps we can return here to close it permanently at another time. For now perhaps leaving men to guard it would be enough: a few men ought to be able to hold such a small opening even against many foes." She didn't mention that should a Fade pass through, two swordsmen would do little unless they were Warders or Blademasters.

"If you desire payment you are in the wrong employ: Thadric, I did not believe you were a mercenary out to loot, I assumed you were a noble adventurer, perhaps a Hunter of the Horn. But should you feel greed is a more over riding motive, then go: Karl can open a gateway to Cairhien or Tear and you can join the Dragon's forces in moments."

Diplomacy [roll0]

da prophet
2012-10-21, 07:00 AM
thadric looks a little taken aback. before he replies: i am not a simle mercenary i just do not understand why i ould get a smaller parts of the items.I am an equal man to you, why should i get a smaller part of the gifts? why should not i get equal parts to the rest of you, when i do the same work?
the woodsman smiles :she is an aes sedai and you so not haggle with aes sedais- especialy not with the dark one at the door

DrK
2012-10-21, 07:45 AM
Karl watches the fade twisting in its death throes before gently hurling it through the gate to plummet through space forever.

Hearing the arguement he looks at the man with a flat stare. What will you do with objects of the one power. Sell yjem to those self righteous women of the tower. Deal with the black Ajah?

He nods at Melanie. the objects are useful to us and the lord Dragon. You can keep any gold we find.

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-10-21, 02:11 PM
"Thadric, I took your men as mercenaries, not yourself. Yet I will not back down. I had hoped you would realise that we are doing something for the good of the Light, and if you choose not to help then you can be gone easily enough."

da prophet
2012-10-22, 06:43 AM
Ok i gave you a chance. Those items will go to the dragon but not via you i will find them and bring them to him myself. I am no mercenary, only a man who do believe that it should be fairness in the world. Ok i gave you a chance. Those items will go to the dragon but not via you. I will restore my honor and land so Either we do it together or i will do it with my men. [/COLOR]He pulls his sword. And he looks at you. The wanderer looks at melaine for guidance and everyone waits for somebody else to speak.

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-10-22, 06:57 AM
Who is Anser?

da prophet
2012-10-22, 08:11 AM
darned phone auto corrector. will edit

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-10-22, 09:10 AM
Melanie didn't really support this whole idea of giving everything to the dragon as it was, but she'd hoped that it would be good enough for this man: but instead of being a reasonable diplomat he had quickly turned against them! Bullheaded men! And now she was backed into a corner, with Karl as her only ally, a man who could channel!

She still held the source, but at such close range doubted that she could stop all of them. Instead, she composed herself, strong in her serenity and looked down on Thadric imperiously. "Then I wish you all the luck in finding them, I will stay here and ensure no creature passes through this gate. Karl would you assist me? Perhaps together we will be able to find a permanent solution. Thadric, I wish you all the luck in finding these items, and once you have we will be waiting here to transport you directly to the Dragon should you desire it."

Bluff: [roll0]

She didn't expect him to be fooled by her bluff, but she also hoped that two channellers would be enough of a deterrent for the men and that they would leave. She was still sure that she or Karl would be able to find the ter'angreal first, and if they were not surprised, had a far better chance of defeating Thadric's men, especially since Karl had an angreal.

da prophet
2012-10-22, 09:35 AM
the strange woodsman turns to you no need for that i am from the borderlands and i am not afraid of dying i may stay untill you may send reinfrcements. he turns to thadric as to you you should learn on your journey that honor comes from doing your duty not boasting over what you have done.
he looks like he sees through you but he only says do what you want but i will need the map he holds out the arm that do not hold a sword expectatly the three men he got left around him.

DrK
2012-10-22, 02:41 PM
Karl looks about. come or go I will find them. You are welcome to come if you wish.

That said he begins walking towards the woods clad in the power seeking the cave on the map.

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-10-22, 02:58 PM
Melanie follows him, ellis keeping close to the Shienaran's steed: she was sorry to see the woodsman left behind, since he had seemed a voice of reason.

da prophet
2012-10-22, 03:08 PM
the woodsman shouts if im not here on your return tell them luc de petit is dead if you please? thadrik also spurrs his horse to the caverns with two men the others ere told to rest and watch out.

da prophet
2012-10-23, 05:47 AM
you soon get up to the cave and in the etrance there is a mark in the stonefloor here it says for glory, for power will all fail the only worthy companion is happyness. the goal all humans pursuit.

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-10-23, 08:12 AM
Well here goes nothing Melanie thought as she prepared to enter. Saidar filled her, but still she couldn't help feeling nervous, Thadric stilled followed them and had proved that he was an unreliable ally, threatening them previously.

Melanie fell in step with Karl trying to attract his attention.

DrK
2012-10-23, 12:26 PM
Karl glanced at the women waving her closer. Are you well good lady? I hope you no longer fear all men who can channel. Attend, I shall keep you safe against any for within.

As he speaks he holds aloft his hand, red blade of fire vanishing and a guttering red orb of fire appears illuminating a huge area like a second sun.

use a 0 level weave for level 3 light.

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-10-23, 12:47 PM
Well she certainly wasn't quite comfortable with him yet, but she hoped that he would be a more effective ally than the others.

Quietly she whispered in his ear: "I fear that Thadric means us little good. If we strike first we can impede them for a good while: enough to retrieve the ter'angreal." She felt like adding: remember not to kill them, but thought that that didn't sound very trusting.

da prophet
2012-10-23, 01:35 PM
Melaine you suddenly feel like someone teleported

suddenly you understand your dreaming from last night and you understand- thadrik as the man consumed by shadows he is dealing ith the shadospawns you defeated!

karl you see that a little furtherin the cave it stands something that looks like ice? youre not completely shure

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-10-23, 07:36 PM
A coldness envelops Melanie as she considers the possiblity: her instinct tells her that Thadric is the man, but she cannot let instinct alone drive her. She looks around for whoever channelled Saidar nearby.

da prophet
2012-10-24, 08:37 AM
you still know that the woman that channeled is still a little away- on the other side of the hill pluss a little further down.

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-10-24, 09:43 AM
Whatever it was she had felt, and Melanie was half certain it was Travelling, they ought to investigate it, but first things first...

Melanie turned slowly trying not to reveal her intentions, as she spun as large a weave of Air as she could, blocking the path behind them.

Harden Air, level 2 slot, but affinities so level 3 effect. Creates a sphere of impenetrable air, 10ft raidus, so can happily block a 20ft gap. If the cave is wider than that, Melanie places it in the middle of the path so that Thadric and his men will have to work out where it is to get round it.

She quickly muttered to Karl: "Things are worse than I feared, Thadric is not who he says he is, and another channeller approaches."

DrK
2012-10-24, 01:10 PM
Karl looks at her, "I has betrayed the light best we kill him and his men now surely?"

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-10-24, 04:21 PM
He was dealing with the shadowspawn: I know it. But I do not know if that extends to his men. Let us find these objects quickly, and once we are done come to a more permanent solution: you have that Angreal, I hope it will be enough.

Melanie heads deeper into the cave.

DrK
2012-10-24, 04:45 PM
Karl nods at Melanie. "Very well Good lady. But know if they prove false the fires of saidin will consume them."

With that he follows her into the cave. The flickering orb of red light held high to light the way.

da prophet
2012-10-25, 05:00 AM
The soliders crashes into the wall with an surpriced look on their faces cursing you.

As you go further in you see that the road splitts in three on one it says personal glory another says mercy and the third says happiness.

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-10-25, 10:55 AM
"Either Aden was truly mad, or this cave was here long before him." Melanie stated calmly, almost surprising herself by how much like an Aes Sedai she sounded: perhaps the pretence was getting to her head.

"Well in the stories like this, greed is always a downfall, but isn't seeking personal happiness greed as well? I suggest we go looking for Mercy."

DrK
2012-10-25, 02:38 PM
Karl looks back at the guards blocked by the wall of air invisble to him. Smiling slightly at them he turns to Melanie. "Let tye Dragon reborn and the Light have mercy on us."

Words said he directs the spinning ball of fire down the mercy path

da prophet
2012-10-25, 03:36 PM
You walk for a long time one place you double bend and go backwards and thats where you find two swords paired with a naked man on one and a naked woman on the other. You also find two scrolls one with the words loyality and the other glory

roll int ((+10 for old tongue. )

DrK
2012-10-25, 04:06 PM
Karl looks curious at the strage figurines. Reaching out a hand to to touch it...

Intelligence [roll0]

da prophet
2012-10-27, 02:41 AM
you may touch the figurines they got great powers. but somehowthe books also looks like they are very iportant.

da prophet
2012-10-28, 12:10 PM
okay then:-) you have been very good players but i think that this have just stopped working:-( nice to play with you but unless you want to continuing ida say this is done. Thanks for your time:-)

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-10-28, 01:29 PM
What? This has only just started. I've had a busy weekend, so haven't replied. If you wanted mroe players then perhaps you could advertise for replacements (I think having a staggered start originally may have put some people off). I would like to continue.

DrK
2012-10-28, 04:28 PM
Well. That was sudden. Are you sure you don't wanto continue. I didn't think Al'Lan or I were posting very slowly?

da prophet
2012-10-29, 12:24 AM
Ok. I am shure i jusr saw some other pbp and saw that they held a faster level i would love to continuing but i will try to rerecruit just continue playing and as i said you are fantastic players:-)

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-10-29, 04:15 AM
Ok then. Just for as a point, this is pretty fast paced for a PBP (though some recruitment pages fill up fast, they tend to lose steam by the time it gets to the actual game).

Seeing that Karl seemed mostly unharmed by the figurines, Melanie too reached forward and placed her palm upon the statuette of the woman, wondering whether she was angreal or ter'angreal.

Weavesight? [roll0]

da prophet
2012-10-29, 05:52 AM
Angreal high level-
The books is still compelling you

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-10-29, 08:18 AM
Melanie gasped at the shock of so much power: "An angreal powerful, perhaps strong enough to be sa'angreal," she breathed in awe.

"But what of these scrolls?" She knew she would have to be cautious, but with so much power from the angreal it was hard to believe anything could be a danger any more.

She reached out to the scroll that read Glory and attempted to unravel it. It was not that she was averse to loyalty, she just realised that there was nothing she was particularly loyal to. Not that she particularly sought glory either.

da prophet
2012-10-29, 09:47 AM
when you open it it seams like the world turns around, you may actualy see the sunset- which is peculiar as you entered the cave only a bit after midday and even more peculiar as you could not see the sun a moment ago. and man it is freezing cold- you did not remember it to be that cold a moment before. when you turn to the scrolls you see that the one you did not touch has crumbled and the other shows a different inscription it says "hvis du er av lyset åpne denne for å se veien til aå få navnet ditt i historiebøker. Trond A. Giske" you do not understand it but you may most likely give it to a brown sister hope that she understands.

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-10-29, 12:58 PM
Melanie cried out, surprised by the sudden change. She tries to decipher the words with her small knowledge of the Old Tongue but fails. Stumped she turns, attempting to work out why she can see the sun when in a cave.

First of she looks at the sun to check it is in fact, the sun. Then she looks at the cave to see if it is the same cave. Next she looks at the paths around them to see if they are the same as before. Lastly, she rolls up the scroll and stows it in her pack and picks up the sword with the naked woman on it and holds it in front of her, drawing Saidar through it.

da prophet
2012-10-29, 01:21 PM
you drain extreme amounts of saidar +4 saangreal. it is not the same cave, however the resemblace is great but if you are right you believe you are somewere north- karl knows you are.

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-10-29, 01:34 PM
"Did we travel? I have never seen anything like that? I thought you needed a gateway?" Melanie's confusion is evident, and she is disturbed by the situation. "This must be some sort of ter'angreal then. Perhaps opening it again will have the reverse effect."

Melanie unfurls the scroll once more, to see it it takes them back.

da prophet
2012-10-29, 03:14 PM
nothing happens, you may make a perception test however

DrK
2012-10-29, 03:40 PM
Karl looks around the cave with some wonder. Even more so as the world unfurls around them and the vast vista unfolds. He looks with some surprise at Melanie; "Peace. What has happened?"

Perception [roll0]

Karl looks at the small swordsmen picking it connnected to the raw fire of Saidin. While he handles the swordsmen he reaches down and pulls open the next scroll in the cave. Once more wishing he could understand the merest remnant of the old tongue. Looking around he searches out for any lingering weaves.

Weavesight [roll1]

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-10-29, 04:24 PM
The second scroll crumbled after the first was read.

Perception test? Spot? [roll0]

Weavesight: [roll1]

Knowledge One Power [roll2]

Knowledge Tel'aran'rhiod [roll3]

Melanie glanced around trying to work out what had happened: the only times such jumps had been possible without the One Power had been in Tel'aran'rhiod, the world of dreams, but she did not suppose she was there.

"I am not sure. But we seem to have travelled far north, though how far I could not say. Perhaps to the borderlands or the blight. I wonder if you could take us back? This place stinks of a trap and I would like to know if we could escape it. Since using these scrolls seem to destroy one, then I doubt that Adan ever came here, so his ter'angreal must still be in the previous cave."

da prophet
2012-10-30, 01:43 AM
as you look around you see beutiful nature all around you. you see a flat grassland in front of you with a little village not far ahead you see a man hiding in the bushes close to you. also there is a man with the shoulders to a smith and with a hard face a couple of yards ahead of you.
starbn ooc
thatsa you starbin
Melaine
melaine, you may sense a weak channeler in the village

Mr.C
2012-10-30, 02:40 PM
Journ was amazed. The two riders, man and woman, had just ridden out of a mountain. It was like the tale he had heard from a gleeman about the many thieves (was it thirty or forty? never mind, doesn't matter). How unbelievable!

Although part of him wished to rush up to them and find out who they were to do such great things, part of him remained cautious. Many of those he had encountered since leaving the Sept had not been friendly. Some had fled before he could speak and others had simply drawn weapons and charged at him. He would wait and watch until he could approach these two safely.

Besides, it would be interesting to see how they reacted to the big warrior and the incredibly inept lurker...

DrK
2012-10-30, 02:47 PM
Karl glanced about still holding the small swordsmen. "Strange. I saw no weaves. He looks around at the figures appearing from across the grassy plane and the woods. "Ho travellers. How fares the things. Where are we?"

He still clings to Saidin still nervous about what is happening.

da prophet
2012-10-30, 03:09 PM
the man hiding in the bushes looks behind him in a vain hope that he is not the target of the question before he says in a very small voice. you are in the villageof matrihorne who are you that may do those wonders? do you come from the dragon? do he send his men to take over the lands we live in? do you follow someone else? arw you able to channel? will you turn crazy? the boys questions do not seem to have any end and he looks realy scared.

DrK
2012-10-30, 03:22 PM
Karl looks levelly at the man. "I am a dedicated of the Asha'man. We serve the Dragon Reborn. You have nothing to fear. In what land is Matrihorne?"

Starbin
2012-10-30, 03:34 PM
Targan the Black

The warrior stood for long moments, watching these people who now stood in his path. One was a younger man, clenching something in one hand; the other a slight Ebon Dari woman. Setting the haft of his boarspear in the dirt, he paused once he had approached to hailing distance, when the man called out, "Ho travellers. How fares the things. Where are we?"

Frowning, he looked about, then back to the two. But before he could speak, a many hiding within the brush stood and spoke hesitantly, showering the newcomers with questions. Looking sternly at the three, his boarspear never wavering, the dusky warrior spoke.

"What manner of travellers are you that do not know where you are?" His voice was liked grinding rocks, low and rumbling. His features and shaved head marked him as a Shienaran, but his lack of a warrior's top knot was definitely strange. His mail was dark, as was the black cloak he work ... and the weapons he carried. Eyes dark as coal stared out from a craggy brow as he waited for an answer, still undecided if violence was going to visit this grassland today.

Targan has a reputation (6) that any from his homeland could have heard. He is known as a skilled and dangerous Shadowspawn hunter, one of the most successful in the Borderlands ... his tale is marked with tragedy that few know and fewer speak of. Suffice to say, his kin were wiped out and he wages a personal war against the Blight.

@da prophet - I think we're in the Borderlands ... Sheinar or somewhere else?

Mr.C
2012-10-30, 04:49 PM
Journ watched quietly from his hiding place.

The male horseman had taken the lead in addressing the other two men. Perhaps he was the leader of the two. Though the small woman's distraction could also explain his taking the lead.

Of the other two, the one hiding was the least interesting. A typical wetlander, his obvious fear marked him as one who could be ignored if it came to battle. The big man, on the other hand, had the bearing of a warrior.

If it were to come to battle, Journ decided, he would attack the warrior. He, at least, looked like one who could dance.

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-10-30, 07:33 PM
Melanie still held the sword sa'angreal but it seemed as though they would learn little more of how they were brought there. Silently she set out their priorities: finding out what was special about this village that they had been brought there, and then returning to the cave to collect Adan's ter'angreal. She remained silent as Karl spoke, deferring to him in his home setting.

da prophet
2012-10-31, 12:53 AM
Pthe scared youth stutters k-k-kandori and at this time other men and women have gathered to watch the new trawellers with courious eyes- they dont get a lot of that here. and that one is a big blacksmith dissing a man that will go insane dont lessen their couriosity.

DrK
2012-10-31, 01:09 AM
Karl looks round holding a twin to the figurine cluthed by Melanie stares at the warrior eyes narrowing. In contrast to Karl's own smoothly shaven face and neat top knot this man looked bedraggled yet still Shienarian.
What was the swordsmen figure i picked up?

"Thakn you boy. Peace favour your sword. he replies to boy and soldier. Eyeing the man carefully let he try anything rash. "How we got here is confusing. Is there a village nearby that I can orient myself. I may need to be in Andor by nightfall."

da prophet
2012-10-31, 01:57 AM
there is a village a very short distance ahead, you may see it.
the sword is very powerfull, you should give it to the dragon powerfull

Mr.C
2012-10-31, 07:49 AM
Journ watches as a small crowd begins to gather. He sighs inwardly as he realizes that nothing amazing is about to occur. If he wishes to learn more about the strangers, he will have to approach them.

A young man stands up suddenly, striding confidently towards the gathering crowd. He is tall and lean, with a hard angular face reminiscent of a bird of prey. The resemblance, however, is considerably blurred by the wide smile on his clean shaven face.

He is clad in simple, flowing garments mottled in shades of grey and brown with a head wrap of the same fabric. He carries a short, wicked looking spear in his right hand.

"Hello. I am Journ of the Haido Sept of Clan Shaarad, Algai'd'Siswai of the Sovin Nai. Who are you?"

He seems to be addressing the two riders.

"How did you ride out of the mountain like that? Are you magical thieves like in the story?"

Starbin
2012-10-31, 10:03 AM
Targan the Black

The other Shienaran spoke carefully, asking for directions to the village. At his words, Targan inclined his head. "Pardon my manners. You arrival and confusion was ... unexpected. You understand the dangers of the North. Peace and Beauty to you and yours."

He cocked his head, though, at the sudden appearance of an Aiel. His stance shifted slightly to take into account this new potential threat. However, he knew enough of the desert people that if the man was unveiled, then combat was not a foregone conclusion.

The Aiel seemed more interested in questioning the man and woman, although the subtle set of his feet clearly held Targan as a possible threat. The bald warrior simply waited, listening to the response before speaking further.

Silly question, but my WoT is good ... up to book five or so :smallsmile: Obviously male channellers still evoke fear, but not as bad as before the Dragon Reborn. However, how common are Aiel this side of the Spine, now?

da prophet
2012-10-31, 10:41 AM
Targan the Black

The other Shienaran spoke carefully, asking for directions to the village. At his words, Targan inclined his head. "Pardon my manners. You arrival and confusion was ... unexpected. You understand the dangers of the North. Peace and Beauty to you and yours."

He cocked his head, though, at the sudden appearance of an Aiel. His stance shifted slightly to take into account this new potential threat. However, he knew enough of the desert people that if the man was unveiled, then combat was not a foregone conclusion.

The Aiel seemed more interested in questioning the man and woman, although the subtle set of his feet clearly held Targan as a possible threat. The bald warrior simply waited, listening to the response before speaking further.

Silly question, but my WoT is good ... up to book five or so :smallsmile: Obviously male channellers still evoke fear, but not as bad as before the Dragon Reborn. However, how common are Aiel this side of the Spine, now?
common there is more in the westlands than in the wastes, but it aint that many this far north.

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-10-31, 10:44 AM
By this point Saidin has been cleansed (sorry for spoiling!) but few people know or believe this. They do however know all about the blackcoated asha'men.

Aiel are quite common as the Dragon leads a huge army into Cairhien. Before that Aiel appeared throughout the Wetlands looking for Rand. Borderlanders generally don't like Aiel as they often skirmished in the passes near the Spine of the world.

Edit: Ninjad!

"We apologise for our abrupt arrival, but we are on an important mission. How close is your town? Would you have any scholars or a library we might visit?" Melanie turns to Targan and the strange looking man. "I have not heard those titles before, Journ, but I know enough to name you an Aiel. What brings you so far north?" Pleasantries attended to Melanie heeled Ellis on, trying to get the group moving towards Matrihorne.

Mr.C
2012-10-31, 10:55 AM
The young Aiel's smile widens as he answers the woman's question.

"There is so much to the world that is wonderful and strange. I wish to see it all!"

He tilts his head slightly to the right.

"You didn't answer. Are you thieves? I have little to steal, I'm afraid.

"The big man there carries so many weapons he may be a peddler. Perhaps you should rob him. If you do, may I watch?"

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-10-31, 11:36 AM
This Aielman was certainly far stranger than any she had heard of. A far cry from the blackveiled killers who had crossed the spine of the world 20 years ago and set the world a light. "We are not thieves, rest assured, nor will we harm you or yours." Melanie felt a stab of concern as she realised that the sa'angreal she held wasn't hers, but she passed over that point quickly.

Starbin
2012-10-31, 03:25 PM
Targan the Black

Targan stared, his gaze constantly shifting between the four. It seemed unlikely that combat would ensue, but the conversation was definitely confusing. Perhaps adjourning to the village's inn would be the best bet.

"I suggest we head to the village before nightfall. There, we might share bread, meat and drink."

It seems there is little else to be gained by standing out in the open and waiting for more small-talk.

da prophet
2012-10-31, 03:38 PM
you head into the village at some time, Melaine gets approached by a young strapping looking guy in his late teens josh told me you were looking for this humble villages scribe so i thought that as this villages scribe i should hear hat you need me for. you all get many courious looks from the villagers ho have not seen this special travelers for generations.

DrK
2012-10-31, 04:44 PM
Karl looks in askance at the Aiel. His hand moving instinctively towards his sword belt before relaxing slightly as he doesn't see the aiel donning his veil.

Joining the others, the long queue of them trotting into the small and strange village he tests the strenth of the small sword figurine that he found in the cave. The flow of saidin pulsing to be used.

He'll test the limit of the sangreal using Arms of Air to see what power level he can achieve :smallbiggrin:

Looking around at the village he dismounts, sliding down tiredly from the horse. "Peace, a meal, a bath and a rest will do me good."

da prophet
2012-10-31, 04:49 PM
power 4(realy strong)

yes, yes of course you may have your bath a woman with so many cheecks that it would be no use counting says, leading you firmly towards a two storied building.

Starbin
2012-10-31, 05:24 PM
Targan the Black

Gathering his mule, Targan trudged towards the village, eyes contantly scanning the horizon. It was no shame to be surprised by an Aiel ... they were harder to find than white smoke in a cloudbank. However, that didn't stop the blacksmith from mentally chastising himself for missing such a deadly threat. What's next, let a Trolloc slip up and sip your tea?

Once they reached the village, Targan made for the nearest inn, ready to settle in for the evening. He focused on stabling his mule, finding a room to drop off his equipment, and getting food for the evening meal.

da prophet
2012-11-01, 01:40 AM
targan: as you are famed in this area you dont eat in peace, there is always someone that wants you to tell a tale or just share some ale with you.
melaine: if you allow him he will work with translating the sIcrolls all night and morning come he stil dont know much- even though he insist on speaking the old tongue fluent.

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-11-01, 08:06 AM
Melanie hands over the scroll to the man, but with a firm look of reproach indicates that she will flay him alive should he not return it in exactly the same state.

Before retiring early for bed, Melanie approaches Karl and says: "Could you ask about this town, what makes it special? I want to know why the scroll brought us here..." She leaves him without another word, and finds her room. Once there she calms herself and falling into sleep, searches for the World of Dreams.

Mr.C
2012-11-01, 09:23 AM
The young Aielsman seems to have unabashedly attached himself to the group, following them into the vaillage and to the Inn. He seems unfamiliar with the concept of paying for food and lodging, but catches on fairly quickly.

After making his payment, he sits quietly in a corner, raptly watching the crowd as he slowly eats his unfamiliar meal.

Starbin
2012-11-01, 09:49 AM
Targan the Black

Targan would nod to most of his fellow Borderlanders, but say little. When asked for tales of adventure, he would simply reply, "There is no 'adventure' where I walk. Only death." It is not that he is impolite or bitter to those that come to his table ... it is just that he knows he is no hero. A hero would have saved his town, his family ... his daughter ...

No, Targan is not a great conversationalist; he will eat quickly, as though it might be his last meal (because it could be). He will raise a glass in unison with any kinsmen who come forward to share an ale. But he will speak little of his past encounters.

Once finished, he will find the newcomers and sit with them. "What turn of events brings a male and female channeler and an Aielman to the Borderlands at the same time?"

da prophet
2012-11-01, 10:11 AM
the woman-melaine seems to have retired for the night. although the others is still sitting around you may have a drink with anyone or go to bed, some off the villagers goes pretty soon but many seem like they intend to stay for a long time, mostly dockworkers.

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-11-01, 03:31 PM
After receiving a muddled impression of events, Melanie sends out her mind to enter Tel'Aran'Rhiod.

DrK
2012-11-01, 04:40 PM
Karl sits quietly, nursing a small mug of strong ale and lightly nibbling on the heavy plate of stew. A slight smile on his face at the queue of people waiting to speak with Targan. And a flash of memory as he recalled the story of the smith who lost his village, and the smith who had become a slayer of shadowspawn.

"An honour Targan. tai'shar Shienar. Glancing at Melanie as she departs upstairs he rests his hands on the pair of angreal at his waist."We were in Andor earlier today and I must return there tomorrow. Or maybe Cairhein. It is important that I find the Lord Dragon as I have something that he may use as tarmon gaidin comes ruhing towards us.

He looks at the aiel - "You may know many of sept in Caemlyn. Though the last time I was there the spears were readying to arch. What has brought you so far North?"

Looking back at Targan he smiles. "For one seeking death the Last Battle of the light against the shadow should be what you seek."

Mr.C
2012-11-01, 05:22 PM
Journ smiles brightly at Karl.

"I left my Sept and Clan to see the wide world. Or as much of it as I can, at least.

"It has been only a few months since I left my home to come here, I fear I know little of what is happening in Caemlyn."

His smile becomes somewhat sheepish.

"I am, I fear, considered something of a disappointment to my Sept."

Starbin
2012-11-02, 09:55 AM
Targan the Black

Targan nodded, listening to Karl speak as he slowly drank his ale. The rise of the Dragon had set the world on its ear, and everyone was choosing sides.

Then the Shienaran said, "For one seeking death the Last Battle of the light against the shadow should be what you seek." He looked up sharply, a serious look on his weathered face. "Every battle could be your last battle, regardless of what mystical attachments you place on them." Taking a long pull on his ale, he shook his head. "Death is easy to find ... it is all around us. It's living that can be hard."

Standing, he nodded to the two men. "I care not for titles, but this Rand al Thor, he will fight darkspawn. That is something I can believe in. If you wish, I will join you in your travels.

And we shall see if this is our last battle."

Mr.C
2012-11-02, 10:56 AM
"It sounds interesting. I, too, will go with you."

His smile brightens momentarily, the fades slighty.

"Um, where are we going?"

da prophet
2012-11-02, 12:21 PM
at this time you all hear a womans shriek from uppstairs.

if you go up:
you will find that melaine is laying sweating screaming for a couple of minutes before she starts calming down- still asleep
if you stay
you will see nervous peasants in at a table disgusing ho is gonna run to the herbalist untill the youngest lad moans tellin them the herbalist will not like being roused before he runs out. when the screaming stops some want to go home but a free round of beer gets them of those sort of thoughts.

Starbin
2012-11-02, 01:12 PM
Targan jumped to his feet, glancing at the two men with him before rushing up the stairs, sword in hand. At the top of the staircase, he turn to follow the screams, charging forward to kick open the door. His eyes swept the room, looking for signs of an attacker, but all that he found was the woman Melaine. She was lying there, still sweating from some nightmare, but seemed to be calming down.

OOC - If Karl follows - Glancing back at the channeler, he nods towards the sleeping woman. "Do we wake her? Or will that do more harm?"

OOC - If Karl does not follow Targan stared for a moment, then decided - he reached over and gently shook the woman's shoulder, uncertain if he were doing more harm than good ...

Mr.C
2012-11-02, 01:21 PM
Journ charges up the stairs, hot on Targan's heels. His spear is held at the balance pooint, it's wickedly sharp head pointing to the floor.

After Targan has kicked the door open, he slides in past the larger warrior, his spear point raised and ready for battle. His eyes are grim above the veil he has pulled across his face.

After he has scanned the room, once he is certain that there is no imminent battle, he lowers his spear point. Taking a deep breath, he visibly relaxes as he reaches up and pulls aside his veil.

"Is she unharmed?"

da prophet
2012-11-02, 01:37 PM
"Is she unharmed?"

physicaly you think she looks unharmed, mentaly however.... you dont want to think to much about it.

DrK
2012-11-02, 03:07 PM
The discussion about the Blight and the Borderlands is relaxing enough for Karl, taking him back to the years before he could touch the raw fire of Saidin.

At the scream Karl leapt up reaching for Saidin...

Composure [roll0] Vs 20

He pauses for a few secnods, scrabbling for Saidin but the calm needed eludes him. Pulling out his steel sword he bounds up the stairs after Targan and Journ and bursts into the room. At Targan's words he shrugs and then nods. It seems best. and with that casually up ends a jug of water over Melanie...

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-11-02, 03:27 PM
Melanie wakes just holding back a scream. She shakes herself, even as she realises she is soaking wet, and surrounded by men! She yelps and jumps up,yelling at them: "Get out, how dare you come into a lady's room whilst she's sleeping!"

Sorry, seems like Melanie is channelling a bit of Nynaeve right now :smalltongue:

DrK
2012-11-02, 03:45 PM
Karl gives Toran a wry look before giving Melanie a low bow. "As the lady commands I shall obey." As he leaves he mutters loudly enough to be heard. "Next time she has a nightmare maybe she won't scream loud enough to scare half the Inn."

Mr.C
2012-11-02, 06:53 PM
Journ tilts his head slightly as he looks curiously at Melanie.

"You screamed as though Sightblinder himself was chasing you. Why would we not want to be sure you were safe?"

Shaking his head at the absurdity of wetlander behavior, he turns and makes his way back to the inn's common room.

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-11-02, 07:39 PM
Melanie grabs her cloak and throws it on trying to retain some modicum of dignity. She sits down on her bed and considers what had just happened, both in the dream and once awake. The others had seemed concerned for her, even if they didn't know of her Talent.
Her head was still ringing, and she was too exhausted to embrace Saidar, so after donning her dress quickly, she stepped out into the hall to gather the others back together to explain. Meeting an Aiel and a hero of the borderlands on their emergence was too curious to be anything but the Weaving of the Pattern, and she knew enough of Aes Sedai to know that it was woven as the Wheel Wills.

da prophet
2012-11-03, 12:59 PM
the rest of the night goes uneventfull. a couple of peasants gets into a good willed fistfight, as is just proper. the men that needs to work on the morrow either gets dragged out by their wives or realizes that they maybe should go home. some that dont have an honest work to do on the morrow stays and makes a good lot of voice- some tries to hush them down, if those that asks them to shut up is scary enough they is quiet for a minute or so before they starts making noise- as is proper. on the morrow you will be ecouraged to go to the kitchen by some wonderfull odours and a young woman cleaning up the trash from the night before. when you come down she smiles and greets you warmly, but still proper before she gets you some good breakfast and seats you next to each other.

da prophet
2012-11-05, 07:18 AM
bumpinglonger

Mr.C
2012-11-05, 08:24 AM
Journ looks somewhat askance at the various breakfast options before finally settling on a sweetbun containing bits of dried fruit and chopped nuts. After cautiously biting into it, he smiles happily and grabs two more from the tray.

Munching happily, he looks around the table at his new companions. Taking a long drink of water to clear his mouth, he speaks.

"Well, what do we do today?"

He stuffs another bun into his mouth as he awaits an answer.

DrK
2012-11-05, 08:29 AM
Karl looks about at the others as he eats breakfast. Ignoring Melanie slightly after her anger the previous evening. At the young Aiel's question he looks up.
I must find the Lord Dragon and give him something. I have not seen him for some months since we drove the seanchean from Ebou Dar but I shall try Caemlyn first and see from there.

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-11-05, 09:37 AM
Melanie has relaxed from her frostiness somewhat but still interjects to correct Karl: "The Dragon may have defeated the Seanchan and saved Ilian, but Ebou Dar is still theirs. I had heard he was in Cairhien and also in Tear. Some say even in the Waste but I can hardly credit that. There must be less there now than there was before." Noting the present company, Melanie has the good grace to look abashed, her embarrassment quashing the last remnants of her pique.

"But yes, we should first return to Cairhien and collect the rest of Aden's, ah, stockpile, and then I agree, much of it would be useful in the hands of the Lord of the Morning. I have heard he has Aes Sedai under his banner, and I expect they will readily seize on the remainder of the stock that the Dragon cannot use."

Starbin
2012-11-05, 10:19 AM
Targan the Black
Sorry about the lack of response, but I typically don't post as much over the weekend ... so any conversations that occur will usually pass me by.

The situation with Melanie had turned awkward the evening before, with Targan frowning silently and stalking back to his room without so much as a word. The next morning, he would simply eat quickly, finishing while the other spoke. He gazed at them, expressionless, for long moments before he finally broke his silence.

"Two questions. Who is Aden? And what forced your scream last night?" Subtle as a borderlander, Targan sat and watched Karl and Melanie, waiting for an answer.

da prophet
2012-11-05, 10:25 AM
Targan the Black
Sorry about the lack of response, but I typically don't post as much over the weekend ... so any conversations that occur will usually pass me by.

its ok, just wanted to give peeps a link if they needed:smallsmile:

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-11-05, 10:46 AM
Melanie considerer being circumspect and mysterious, but realised there was little harm in telling the borderlander either of the answers. Even if he was a darkfriend, the knowledge of her Dreaming, or what they were going to collect wouldn't be of much value.

"Aden is a man in Cairhien who has stockpiled many valuable things," the mention of his channellling would only raise prejudice, so Melanie skipped over that, "some of which at least are items of the Power."

"And last night, well last night I walked the world of dreams. It is a complex thing, but there all dangers are real and when I tried to investigate that mountain where we appeared yesterday, well it was not a pleasant experience."

Starbin
2012-11-05, 10:57 AM
Targan the Black

The grizzled warrior had seen many things during his time fighting in the Blight. He knew that those who wielded the Power had many different abilities, although he was not well acquainted with the 'walking of dreams.' Nodding gravely, he took a long pull of the water in front of him.

"Know that if we are to be comrades, we must earn each other's trust. Let us start small ... I will trust that you do not walk my dreams without permission. You will have to trust that I will not rush into your room without cause."

Standing up, he glanced to the others. "I will meet you outside. I must ready my mule."

da prophet
2012-11-05, 11:14 AM
your mule is already ready- these people might drink like it was no tomorrow but they know how to make you feel wanted. it is a dreary day the rain is pouring down on the poor peasants standing out in theyr soil working realy hard- some looks like they had a little much to drink last night, others just tired, but they anyway look like a sorry lot
where do you want to travvel?

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-11-05, 11:23 AM
Melanie nodded at Targan's words, though she had never learnt how to walk the dreams of others.

She turned to Karl, "I'm ready when you are, I assume you can open a gateway back to where we were before I opened the scroll?"

da prophet
2012-11-05, 01:05 PM
you get there, no problem ith a sa angreal in hand you canno even reach the top of the gate when mounted. as you get through:
targan:
[roll0]you see that journs cloak is a bit dirty.
Melaine
[roll1] you see that journs cloak is a bit dirty- men cannot even keep their clothes clean without a proper woman to help them.
journ
[roll2]you see ravens, dozens of them over some corpses where the waygate stands
karl
[roll3] you see ravens, dozens of them over some corpses where the waygate stands.

Mr.C
2012-11-05, 01:44 PM
Journ stops suddenly as the small group nears their destination.

"I do not like this," he says in a low voice, "these are birds of ill-omen."

He gestures towards the carrion birds gathered around the gate.

DrK
2012-11-05, 03:49 PM
Karl steps out of the Gateway, happy with the great size of the gateway with the power of the Angreal flowing through him. Eyeing up the crows he grimaces. The power within still coursing as a great ball of fire envelopes the Waygate in a great ball of white and yellow streaked fire...

"Filthy birds. Eyes for the Dark One." He smiles thinly at the burning feathers.

Starbin
2012-11-05, 04:11 PM
Targan the Black

When the Aielman pointed out the birds, Targan silently berated himself - to miss something so obvious was asking for a quick death. However, when a huge fireball appeared, enveloping the area, he stopped walking, his hand on his sword.

I don't think there are any observables for the use of the power, right?

"Filthy birds. Eyes for the Dark One."

Targan glanced at both Karl and Melanie. "Did one of you do that?"

DrK
2012-11-05, 04:35 PM
Targan glanced at both Karl and Melanie. "Did one of you do that?"

Karl turns to look at the borderlander hero. "You object Targan? THe eyes of the Dark One are below vermin." As the meaning of the question dawns on him he raises a hand slightly brushing the silver sword pinned to the lapel of the sheer black coat. The lack of sweat on his face from the warmth.

"I am a dedicated of the Black Tower. Forged into a weapon by the M'Hael to destroy the enemies of the Light."

Starbin
2012-11-05, 04:40 PM
Targan the Black

The warrior shook his head. "It seems ... excessively. A sledgehammer to deal with ants. But I care not - I simply am unused to such displays. With a look at me, you may guess what I am capable of ... but I do not have such familiarity with one of your abilities."

DrK
2012-11-05, 04:55 PM
Karl smiles at the words. The powers of the Angreal still blazing in him like a bonfire to his normal torch. A touch of arrogance and "That is but the merest hint of my power. We are as the Aes Sedai, we touch the other half of the source. Clean and as powerful as the Saidar they wield. Yet our word is our honour without the need for oaths to prove it so. We are the sword of the light to defeat the shadow. "

Starbin
2012-11-05, 05:14 PM
Targan the Black

The blacksmith nodded, ready to move forward. Ah ... mystical zealots. Just what I need ... Holding the reigns of his mule, he waved towards the gate. Aloud, he said, "If you are done, let us continue. No need to waste good daylight."

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-11-05, 06:40 PM
Well that was a blunt way of revealing his powers, but they would have learned soon enough that was not the only channeller amongst them. If only the Shienaran wasn't so prickly!

Melanie heeled Ellis on, headin directly for the cave mouth once more. Calming herself she reached for the source.

Composure: [roll0]

da prophet
2012-11-06, 01:20 AM
targan
as you aproach the cave you suddenly see a man in very nice clothes standing in the mouth of the cave
Karl
as you aproach the cave you suddenly see Thadrik, alone for once standing in the mouth of the cave
melaine
as you aproach the cave you suddenly see Thadrik, alone for once standing in the mouth of the cave
Journ
as you aproach the cave you suddenly see a man in very nice clothes, standing in the mouth of the cave

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-11-06, 06:03 AM
Seeing the man she yells to the group: "Stop him: he is a darkfriend, and hunts the items we do for his own gain." Gripping the sa'angreal at her waist, she channelled flows of Air about him, binding him in place.

Harden Air, cast at Level 0, but with +4 sa'angreal and affinities for the effect of a level 5.

Mr.C
2012-11-06, 07:28 AM
At Melanie's word, Journ sprints towards the elegantly clad stranger. As he runs, he reaches up with his left hand, pulling a veil across his face.

Upon reaching the man, he drops into a combat stance. The long blade of his spear flashes as he spins it into an attacking position.

initiative - [roll0]
not attacking immediately, but preparing to do so if he does anything other than stand very still

da prophet
2012-11-06, 08:59 AM
as journ reaches the gentleman the man shouts " ta de jævla fittetrynene, de har noe Aran gar vil ha" in a voice realy loud, you may hear that he is used to shout at people.
Targan understands the words:
take those bastards, they got something aran gar wants.
all: ooc
everybody before initiative 12 take their actions, everybody after initiative 12 wait for me.

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-11-06, 10:08 AM
Melanie glances around, wondering who this man is speaking to: unable to catch sight of more assailants, she draws strongly on Saidar weaving flows of Air and Fire, more powerfully than she ever has before.

The clouds above darken, and swirl in tumult. The bonds of Air around the nobleman collapse. "Stand back from him. I do not who is with him, but there is a storm coming."

Level 7 Lightning. (Level 2 slot). Brew time 1 rounds.

Mr.C
2012-11-06, 10:37 AM
The stranger suddenly shouts strange words. Journ has no idea what they mean or who they are addressed to. Nonetheless, it is obvious that the man is an enemy, probably with allies nearby who will soon be coming to his aid.

Best, then, to deal with the foe you know before the ones you don't know arrive.

Journ's spear flicks forward like a serpent's tongue.

full attack-

first attack - [roll0]
damage (if successful) - [roll1]
second attack - [roll2]
damage ((if successful) - [roll3]

Starbin
2012-11-06, 10:38 AM
Targan the Black

The blacksmith knew that foul tongue, normally only spoken by Shadowspawn. To see a human speaking the tongue instantly dispelled any chance of a misunderstanding ... and suggested there were others nearby.

Turning to the others, he roared "Ware yourselves! There are shadowspawn nearby!"

Of course, where there were Trollocs, there usually was a Halfman ...

I figure Targan can speak, but he'll have to wait to act ...

Wytwyld
2012-11-06, 11:01 AM
Alfore was going about his usual prowling grounds and thought it strange that there was little game about. He soon discovered the reason.

On the breeze, he caught a scent that made his hackles rise. He decided move in for a closer look to see what they were up to.

Hide: [roll0]
Move Silently: [roll1]

da prophet
2012-11-06, 11:44 AM
out of the cave streams a good few of trolloks together with three creatures on horseback, to cloaked and with pale skin the last a gnarled oak of a man, known to some of you as undying ****, the oldest of thadriks sellswords, and you see a black dot in his vision before he creates a sword out of his palm. slashing wildly at poor journ. [roll0][roll1] the shadospawn however does not attack two trolloks stares into the forest before running in ith roars, the rest picks other targets while the myrdraals stands behind, watching like carrionbirds.
ooc
two trolloks divides to attack each of you next round while journ is close enough to get charged 1 hits for 6 damage. hile journ gets hit for 17 damage (thanks lords for healers

Wytwyld
2012-11-06, 12:14 PM
"I've been spotted." Alfore cursed his luck as he rose to face the oncoming man-beasts.
With a howl of battle, he pulls his sword and charges the nearest Trolloc with a chopping blow to its head.Attack with longsword, MW [roll0] to hit, [roll1] damage

OOC: What does this set my initiative to?

Wytwyld
2012-11-06, 12:15 PM
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Sorry, still new to the forums.

da prophet
2012-11-06, 12:22 PM
"I've been spotted." Alfore cursed his luck as he rose to face the oncoming man-beasts.
With a howl of battle, he pulls his sword and charges the nearest Trolloc with a chopping blow to its head.Attack with longsword, MW [roll0] to hit, [roll1] damage

OOC: What does this set my initiative to?

you realy went first but sinse you hid to watch i just thougt you delayed

da prophet
2012-11-06, 12:23 PM
the trollok dodhes away in the last second but you still carve out a huge chunk of meat from its left arm.

Mr.C
2012-11-06, 12:41 PM
Journ is staggered by the horseman's attack, allowing a trolloc to slash him with a dark sword.

Spun around by the force of the attacks, he faces the new opponents. Blood drips from deep wounds to his left shoulder and ribcage. His eyes narrow as he snarls behind his veil.

17 + 6 = 23 damage total. drops his hp to 36.
hope this doesn't happen many more times...

da prophet
2012-11-06, 12:49 PM
Journ is staggered by the horseman's attack, allowing a trolloc to slash him with a dark sword.

Spun around by the force of the attacks, he faces the new opponents. Blood drips from deep wounds to his left shoulder and ribcage. His eyes narrow as he snarls behind his veil.

17 + 6 = 23 damage total. drops his hp to 36.
hope this doesn't happen many more times...

ooc
to put it like this, i expect the guy you fight to be dead pretty soon, and dont worry this battle is just for effect, soon however you want to attack or? it is very loose initiative order.

Starbin
2012-11-06, 03:29 PM
I'm having a hard time envisioning the situation; seems like a couple of trollocs are focused on the woods, a couple are attacking Journ, three myrddraal are hovering near Journ, and the big, gnarled man attacked Journ. Meanwhile, Melanie is brewing up a storm and you're waiting on Karl and Targan, right?

How many total enemies? How far away are they?

Targan saw the spawn; grabbing his spear, he started towards them in a loping run.

Not sure if I'll be able to attack or not
Move action (20ft)
Standard action (combat expertise, -5 attack, +5 AC)
AC: 27 (28 vs the first attacker) / HPs: 68

DrK
2012-11-06, 03:52 PM
Karl watched with a narrow grimace as the shadowspawn poured out of the cave. Scanning the hills he blazed with the raw power of Saidin as he embraced the source through the pair of angreal.

Looking around the hilside he searched out for a colossal boulder of huge proportions, great cables of air sneaking out to grab a boulder the size of a small cottage and crush the vile shadowspawn.

Iniative [roll0]
Use a level 4 weave +1 affinity +4+2 angreal's = level 11 arms of air effect for like a 20'000lb lumb of tree or rock to drop on the fades.

da prophet
2012-11-06, 04:29 PM
I'm having a hard time envisioning the situation; seems like a couple of trollocs are focused on the woods, a couple are attacking Journ, three myrddraal are hovering near Journ, and the big, gnarled man attacked Journ. Meanwhile, Melanie is brewing up a storm and you're waiting on Karl and Targan, right?

How many total enemies? How far away are they?

Targan saw the spawn; grabbing his spear, he started towards them in a loping run.

Not sure if I'll be able to attack or not
Move action (20ft)

there are two big trolloks on the stranger that came out of the forest, then there are 4 trolloks on the way to close in on you and the aes sedai and the asha man. there is also a big man with a burning sword attacking journ, two myrdraals is also present though right now they only watch the fray. last there is the man the rest of the group seems to know that journ attacked he is right now just wobling away.
you may all see one of the myrdraals with an trollok squeaking as they get crushed by a big three the myrdraals arms still moving though he is under a tree.

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-11-06, 08:04 PM
@ DrK
I'm not sure if in the game you can combine the effects of an angreal and sa'angreal, DM's decision though.

Melanie watched as the storm broke, lightning spewing from the sky onto the enemy and the surrounding trollocs.

[Apologies whoever is nearby]

[roll0] to undying
[roll1] to everyone within 12.5ft

Reflex (DC 20) half damage

As she watched the lightning fall, she also continued to channel, this time using Air and Fire more directly against their enemies. With the great power of the sa'angreal the threads of Fire were far larger than any she had woven before, and the air before her burst into flame as she directed it in a huge sphere towards the darkfriends and shadowspawn.

Fireball! Level 1 slot, affinities, sa'angreal.
[roll2]
50ft circle, reflex 19 half

This will be against Undying and that group if they survived the lightning.

da prophet
2012-11-07, 01:06 AM
with a big boom lightning erupts from the sky, the two myrdraals nimbly dodges to the side, 2 trolloks and undying is not that fortunate however the trolloks falls to the ground getting spasms from the electricity. undying nimbly jumps out of the saddle as the horse succumbs from the electricity, he looks shocked.

da prophet
2012-11-07, 02:31 PM
and the fireballs burns about anything that was still standing, journ luckily got dropped down by undyings hit with his sword and a moment after undying gets hit by both lightning and fire and looks realy burned, but curse the dark one, he is still standing. all the much bigger trolloks lays writhing in pain but the myrdraals is halfway standing, eyeing their odds before fleeing on their big horses.
undying, still in a crazy frenzy looks after more men to meet him.

Starbin
2012-11-07, 03:48 PM
Targan the Black

The hardened warrior continued his inexornable advance, weaving his spear in a net of steel and wool to prevent any from attacking him.

I have NO IDEA how far away we started, so rinse, lather and repeat until Targan is in combat!

Move action (20ft)

da prophet
2012-11-08, 01:21 AM
sorry i have been strugling to make a online map but it doesnt work you may get into combat this turn you stand pretty close.

da prophet
2012-11-08, 11:08 AM
this is my first map, i still will try to fix some details. ok have proxyed a bit but here is my map, melaine you are a pumpkin, karl you are a deathscull journ you are the thing in front of the horse targan are the thing in front of the pumpkin alfore you are in the forest.

da prophet
2012-11-08, 11:39 AM
http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?data=%7B%22VisualFx%22%3A%5B%5D%2C%22Char Proto%22%3A%5B%5D%2C%22Char%22%3A%5B%5D%2C%22Scena %22%3A%5B%7B%22id%22%3A1%2C%22active%22%3A0%2C%22m ap%22%3A%22http://rpgamer.ru/media/map/3377/img.png%22%7D%5D%7D&dpi=32&grid=0

Mr.C
2012-11-08, 03:06 PM
Journ rolls to his feet, shaking his head to clear it.

He spins his spear in front of him, fighting defensively until his head is cleared.

reflex save - [roll]1d20+8]

messed that one up - will try again.

full defense for the next round

Mr.C
2012-11-08, 03:09 PM
[roll0] - reflex vs dc20
lightning damage drops hit points to 22

Starbin
2012-11-08, 03:38 PM
http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?data=%7B%22VisualFx%22%3A%5B%5D%2C%22Char Proto%22%3A%5B%5D%2C%22Char%22%3A%5B%5D%2C%22Scena %22%3A%5B%7B%22id%22%3A1%2C%22active%22%3A0%2C%22m ap%22%3A%22http://rpgamer.ru/media/map/3377/img.png%22%7D%5D%7D&dpi=32&grid=0

For the record, I can't open that on my phone, so I'll have to take a look at the file at home.

How far is Targan from the bad guys?

da prophet
2012-11-08, 03:53 PM
For the record, I can't open that on my phone, so I'll have to take a look at the file at home.

How far is Targan from the bad guys?

charge distanse from the one that is killing journ

Starbin
2012-11-08, 04:14 PM
Targan frowned at the way the battle was progressing. The ones that wielded the Power were lashing out with lightning, flame and rock. But where their power caused havoc amid the shadowspawn, Journ was still bearing the brunt of these foul beasts and their evil allies.

With a roar, Targan charged forward, his boarspear held at the ready, extending it and leaning forward as he near his opponent.

Charge: [roll0]
Damage (if necessary): [roll1]

DrK
2012-11-08, 04:57 PM
Karl stood his ground as flame and lightning flared and lashed around him and the Fade's advanced with their blackened blades. Casually he lashed out with the power, a heavy throw of air lofting the Fade high into the air some 70ft up into the sky where it can do nought but kick and thrash helplessy.

Using a 0 level weave for level 7 effect.
Arms of air hold Fade 70ft in the air.

Wytwyld
2012-11-08, 05:06 PM
Alfore backs up, returning to the dense treeline, using the trees to prevent the shadowspawn from flanking him. When he sees an opening he strikes out with a quick thrust.
I didn't see the trollock's action, but unless something drastically changes, I will attack on my next initiative, preferably the one I struck before.
Attack with Longsword, MW: [roll0], damage: [roll1]

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-11-08, 06:17 PM
I love that Melanie is a pumpkin. It's just so random!

Melanie stepped back surprised, she had never held even so much as an angreal before, and the sheer devastation she had just unleashed astounded her. Yet she had harmed at least one of her allies in that maelstrom, and she silently swore she would not be so reckless again.

Focussing on the Undying, who seemed to be at the centre of the carnage she wove a complex pattern of Air, Water and Spirit, a parody of the Healing weave and hurled it at him, meaning to rend and tear his body.

Level 0 slot with a level 4 effect.
Rend
[roll0] Fort save for half damage, DC 17

da prophet
2012-11-09, 01:29 AM
undying cuickly sidesteps targans boarspear before he turns to try to stab him, but before he is able to hit his arm gets tore off he jelps and cries out in agony,, before he finaly faints of bloodloss.
in the same time a myrdraal gets flung up ito the air wailing his arms and kicking the air, the other myrdraal is quickly retreating to the forest.

alfore
the trolloks that ere charging at you got electrecuted by the wizard

Wytwyld
2012-11-09, 02:01 AM
Seeing the last of the shadowspawn fleeing, Alfore plants his blade and unslings his bow, letting an arrow fly before the fade can melt into the shadows.
Attack: shortbow 60 ft increment Damage roll]1d6[
Damage: 1d6

Wytwyld
2012-11-09, 02:03 AM
I guess it won't let me fix typos in roll in edit.

Damage: [roll0]

da prophet
2012-11-09, 04:58 PM
you aim in the weak spot in the armour in the neck but alfores arrow hits the plate armour and gets stuck, without any other effect exept from having the myrdraal have to run a little uncontroled while regaining balance
nothing happens

Wytwyld
2012-11-09, 05:03 PM
Alfor shoulders his bow and reclaims his sword, wiping the dirt and blood on a nearby bush.

He then turns crouching, toward the group, yellow eyes watching their every move. His nose keen to the air in case of the half-man's return.

DrK
2012-11-09, 05:10 PM
The first fade still hanging in the air helpless in the air wrapped in giant bands of air is still helpless as Karl channels air once more. Another giant leahs of air ensnaring the fleeing fade and dragging him back about 20ft in the air. "No shadows for you to hide in eyeless. Now you die"

I'll concentrate on both weaves to danage both Fades ~20ft up and hold them until the archers fill them both full of arrows

da prophet
2012-11-10, 06:27 AM
dont you need a consentration roll for that, but anyway they are considered dead or fleeing, there is however a yellow eyed man standing in the trees clutching his sword

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-11-11, 10:39 AM
Melanie relaxed, and tired as she was, reduced the flow of Saidar to a tiny amount, no longer drawing on that vast pool that the sa'angreal allowed.

With her Saidar enhanced vision she suddenly noticed a man approaching through the woods, not fleeing as the shadowspawn had been. She called out to him cautiously: "Those woods are dangerous, did you not see the shadowspawn there?"

Mr.C
2012-11-11, 11:21 AM
Journ reaches up and removes his veil as the last of the foes flee. His jaw is tightly clenched and his face is pale. He walks back to the channelers with his left arm held tightly to his side, blood staining the fabric of his clothing.

"They flee. Should we pursue them?"

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-11-11, 01:11 PM
Noting Journ's injury, Melanie swings out of the saddle, leaving the mysterious wanderer to Karl.
"I apologise if I caught you with any of my weavings, but I had never thought to do so much before. I can offer Healing if you desire it?"

Melanie appears truly shaken and repentant.

Mr.C
2012-11-11, 01:50 PM
Journ looks at Melanie with a slightly startled look.

"If you are able, I would gladly accept it."

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-11-11, 02:50 PM
Not trusting herself with all of the sword's power, she drew slightly on it to weave the well known Healing pattern. The web sank into Journ like shocking ice as his wounds immediately closed, though she knew he would be fatigued afterwards.

Heal Level 2. Converts [roll0] into subdual damage. (This can be suspended temporarily if necessary, but that's probably unnecessary).

DrK
2012-11-11, 04:47 PM
Karl looks at the dead Fades and the rest of the dead shadowspawn and spits on the ground in disgust. "We should head into the cave. Make sure they did not take anything." He pauses for a moment to see if anyone follows...

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-11-11, 08:30 PM
Melanie follows.

Starbin
2012-11-12, 12:42 AM
Targan the Black

Nodding towards the newcomer, Targan kept his weapons handy. "What of this one? And the strange man you just slew?"

Wytwyld
2012-11-12, 06:02 AM
"Those woods are dangerous, did you not see the shadowspawn there?"

Alfore turns his head to the side in an animal like manner. Aye, I saw the twisted ones. I bloodied onesas well. They have been getting more common in the last few seasons."

He stays warily in the woods as he speaks to the others.
"You show no fear to the neverborn, and and have power like those at the tower. What are you doing in these lands?"
Seeing no immediate threat from the group, he stands slightly and sheaths his blade.

da prophet
2012-11-12, 08:19 AM
every one that walked into the cave
there is a stone wall covering the entire cave, with no possible way around.

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-11-12, 10:32 AM
Melanie stands perplexed, wondering how this wall had come to be. She had sensed a female channeller the day before, possibly travelling which required strength, but no woman could do this. Women were weak in Earth, and even those gifted channellers who did not have this deficiency would still struggle to mould even something half this size!

Turning back to the woodsman, and ignoring his strange words for the shadowspawn she replied hastily: "We are searching for important items to prevent them falling in to the hands of our foes. As it is, well that man fought with Fades and Trollocs, his channelling does not surprise me overly."

"I am Melanie Arani, and yes both myself and Karl can channel, but I am not Aes Sedai."

She turned back to Karl and whispered: "I see two choices; either blasting this wall apart, or trying to open a gateway back to where we left. Can you do either?"

Mr.C
2012-11-12, 10:38 AM
After Melanie's healing, Journ finds a fallen log and sits. His hands probe gently at his wounds assessing his injuries.

current condition - hp 22 / 59, 16 damage is non-lethal (2 1/2 hours to heal), 21 is regular damage (3 nights sleep to heal)

da prophet
2012-11-12, 10:39 AM
melaine
, this wall is not created by the female part of the source if you could thrust your eyes this wall has alays been here.
journ
you feel very hungry, but you are still amased by the powers that woman is wielding here there ere a possibly lethal woud before al what is left is a bruise

Wytwyld
2012-11-12, 10:51 AM
Turning back to the woodsman, and ignoring his strange words for the shadowspawn she replied hastily: "We are searching for important items to prevent them falling in to the hands of our foes. As it is, well that man fought with Fades and Trollocs, his channelling does not surprise me overly."

"I am Melanie Arani, and yes both myself and Karl can channel, but I am not Aes Sedai."

"If you seek to hunt such foes, I would ask to join you. I have hunted alone for a long time, and it is dangerous to continue that way."

He heads back into the trees and returns leading a horse. "I am called Alfore."
He stands a respectable distance back but follows the group.

Starbin
2012-11-12, 11:15 AM
Targan the Black

Shrugging at the strange and accepting ways of his new companions, Targan nodded to the newcomer. "I am Targan." Turning to follow the others, he stood guard, searching the horizon for the return of the shadowspawn. He would have preferred to hunt them down and end them, but with the powers these two were flinging about, there was no telling what sort of enemy he might find.

He walked the razor's edge, unafraid of dying ... but that didn't mean he wanted to throw his life away!

DrK
2012-11-12, 06:53 PM
Karl looks at the wall po-faced. Before turning to Melanie. Strange they have gone. Now I must find the Lord Dragon. Who will come with me to Caemlyn?

He will wait and see then open a direct gateway to a hill overlooking the city of Caemlyn seeking to give the Lord Dragon the angreal
level 7 modified to level 3

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-11-12, 07:41 PM
Melanie was surprised that Karl was willing to give up so easily, but didn't intend to challenge the man. If the cave had changed like this, then perhaps it would be impossible for the minions of the shadow to reach the items as well, and stop whoever this Aran'gar was from retrieving them as well.

"Caemlyn is not so bad. May I ckeck everyone's wounds before we depart?" Melanie discovers that she had not healed all of Journ's wounds, and once more pressed her hands to his head and sent a rippling chill through his body, leaving him tired but without even a scratch.

Level 0 slot, for level 4 effect. [roll0] converted from lethal to nonlethal damage.

da prophet
2012-11-13, 09:00 AM
you soon set of to caemlyn, journ tired from getting healed twice (one is enough to wear out anyone) but atleast with his wounds closed. as you go through karls mystic door all that havent been here for a while, this is still the beutiful city from the tales, but around it lays trash, even the streets is filled with trash. and many of the people in the streets looks haggard, you get through the gates without to much trouble.where will you go, straight to the castle or to a tavern or something first?

Wytwyld
2012-11-13, 09:32 AM
"Caemlyn?"
Alfore looks puzzled.
"I thought you were hunting from this cave. I could track them if need be. I have hunted across much of the north."

When the gateway opened, the only reaction he showed was a slight widening of the eyes, and his hand moved an inch toward his blade.

"If there are more shadowspawn where you go, I will ask to follow. Many of my family have been killed by their foul kind."

Despite his calm tone, he eyed the gateway warily.

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-11-13, 10:21 AM
Melanie knew that she alone could not return to retrieve the ter'angreal but she also knew that the kinswomen in Caemlyn knew the making of Gateways, so perhaps after sometime here she could return of her volition.

"There are few creatures of the shadow in Caemlyn now, but believe me when I tell you that there are agents of the shadow." She had been shocked to learn of the Black Ajah's existence, but on their journey here from Ebou Dar, she had seen Ispan Shefar shielded and held, and later heard of her murder and that of Adeleas Sedai, it had spread quickly through the Kin that there must be Aes Sedai dedicated to the Dark One. And of those Aes Sedai sat beside Elayne Trakand in Caemlyn.

Quick question: where are we up to in Elayne's timeline- how far si the succession under way?

Wytwyld
2012-11-13, 10:48 AM
"I do not know what could make a person sink that low. To work with the shadow is worse, as it betrays their own nature."
Alfore looks up and steps forward.
"I will go with you. Maybe I can ferret out the traitors to the light. Besides, I have never been to Caemlyn. I doubt it compares to Tar Valon, but is should be interesting to see anyway."

As he steps through the gate, Alfore nearly gags as his heightened sense of smell is overpowered. He immediately brings his cloak around to cover his face.
"What has happened here?"

da prophet
2012-11-13, 10:50 AM
well it will not matter to much but it is about when rand disguises to spend some time with elayne

DrK
2012-11-13, 04:33 PM
Karl looks at the soiled streets packed with refugees with a strange expression on his face. "It was not so when last I was here. What has come to pass here?"

Scanning the hills he cannot see the tens of thousands of Aiel either. "We must find someone who knows what has happened and where the Lord Dragon is."

Karl looks about fo information form the others.

Mr.C
2012-11-14, 10:45 AM
Journ has been quiet since the battle ended.

"Pfaugh," he speaks after stepping through the gate, "this place is foul."

da prophet
2012-11-14, 11:12 AM
one chubby man looks nasty at journ when he says his home is foul. He also spits at the ground near your feets. the men and women you meet are mostly pleasant and they may tell you that the dragon is elsewhere, thanks god for that, some even insists that he is dead. And finaly you get to a man that seems trustworthy that tells you that last time the dragon was seen he as in chairen, spitting at the ground to tell what he thinks about chairen.