PDA

View Full Version : Prologue to Disaster (PTA) IC

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

Arcran
2012-11-26, 12:35 AM
Jakob's grin falters as Squint is pummeled under a hundred pounds of cow flesh.

"It's alright Squint! You did your best!" he says, although whether or not that was sarcastic is hard to tell. If he wanted to win this, he'd have to go big.

"Alright Rammus, let's show this overgrown bovine how it's done!" he says, releasing his friend across the arena, hopefully out of range of the cow.

You're faster, your move.

planswalker
2012-11-26, 12:52 AM
Bovinia will hide behind the strange trainer and curl up defensively.

moves to put Jakob between herself and the sandshrew and will use defense curl.

Arcran
2012-11-26, 12:57 AM
Bovinia will hide behind the strange trainer and curl up defensively.

moves to put Jakob between herself and the sandshrew and will use defense curl.

Jakob looks at the cow in surprise. He'd never had that happen in a trainer battle.

"Hey girl," he says, reaching out to pet the Miltank. "You're really supposed to stay out there, in the battle," he says, rubbing it on the head.

"Rammus, get ready for a big boom," he says.

The Sandshrew jumps up, burrowing quickly underground, pulling his armor plating together to create a shield.

Rammus uses Defense Curl!

+1 DEF stage.

Rammus is currently 2 Underground.

planswalker
2012-11-26, 01:01 AM
"Hm... apparently Bovinia trusts you. That says good things about your character to me." Leon observes.

Bovinia will stay near the other trainer, curling up at his feet again.

and another defense curl...

Arcran
2012-11-26, 01:06 AM
"Sorry girl," Jakob says, dashing across the field, hoping his timing is correct. "But this is a Pokemon Battle!"

The Sandshrew continues to shift, stopping when he feels the pressure of a big fat cow over him. Smashing the walls with his spikes, he shakes the very earth.

Rammus triggers his Attack Booster! +1 Attack Stage!
Rammus uses Tremors Bulldoze!
AC: [roll0] 2+DEF,-1 SPEED stage if it hits.
Damage: [roll1]
Crit: [roll2]

planswalker
2012-11-26, 01:14 AM
Bovinia will lash out at the 'mon, trying to smash the thing that hurt her so much.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Kantolin
2012-11-26, 01:27 AM
"Aw, that's a pity." Ken noted, to the lack of books. He did glance at the maps, but his pokedex came with a town map already which was likely sufficient.

He looked at the first aid kit that Amber had, exhaling. He didn't have the money yet to afford more potions or the like. She, however, seemed to know exactly what she wanted from the first aid kit. "Can... can you show me how to use that? I know I'll be a slow learner, but if I can assist even a little..."

"Aaron!"

"Hey, not now - you had plenty of treats yesterday."

Viktor pouted. Dangit, no getting Ken to give him tons of treats today it seemed.

Asdfth
2012-11-26, 10:05 AM
Drake sees the boys playing with the scraps of Pokeball. Hey kid." Drake said with a smile. "You seem rather handy with Pokeballs and are you willing to sell some to me?

Arcran
2012-11-26, 11:54 AM
Rammus takes the blow, spinning away.

"Alright buddy, end this!"

The Sandshrew dashes away, blasts of pure energy arcing away from the Sandshrew to slam into the cow.

Swift! Moving to J6, just can't edit the map.
Crit[roll0]
Crit damage: [roll2]

planswalker
2012-11-26, 12:44 PM
The blow knocks out Bovinia.

"That's a tough 'mon you have there. You should be proud of it."

Leon will send out Volta to finish this off, releasing her right next to the sandshrew.

speed 12. If the cow was faster, this girl will be too.

She'll spit a few bubbles at the thing.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Arcran
2012-11-26, 01:21 PM
The seemingly harmless bubbles connect heavily with the Sandshrew, dropping him unconcious.

Jakob can only sigh. He just couldn't catch a break, could he?

"Good job buddy. Return," he says, recalling the Sandshrew.

"Any chance of upping this to three on three?" Jakob asks hopefully. He could have easily won if he had not led with Squint, but what was done was done. He'd need a rematch with him at some point.

planswalker
2012-11-26, 01:24 PM
"Sure, why not?"

Arcran
2012-11-26, 01:43 PM
"Alright!" Jakob shouts, a huge grin on his face. He dashes futher left, lobbing Rhopa hopefully far enough to avoid an attack.

"Let's go girl!"

You're faster.

planswalker
2012-11-26, 02:04 PM
I need to see exactly where you're "lobbing" yourself that's supposed to be far enough away... link to the map?

Arcran
2012-11-26, 02:19 PM
Here. (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0Akuo1v6xJCoXdHFqcHkxWlBEZjhINDQ3OXNDbldwVG c&f=true&noheader=false&gid=5)

Sorry, doing from phone so can't do Sprites ATM.

planswalker
2012-11-26, 04:05 PM
okay, by my count, that's still within rang of a confuse ray if Volta drags herself closer

Volta will drag herself towards the distant opponent and unleash a confusing ray at her foe.

cannot miss; confuses

Arcran
2012-11-26, 04:11 PM
okay, by my count, that's still within rang of a confuse ray if Volta drags herself closer

Volta will drag herself towards the distant opponent and unleash a confusing ray at her foe.

cannot miss; confuses

By my count I'm out of range unless diagnol rules are different for attacks.

planswalker
2012-11-26, 04:13 PM
by my count, I'm exactly in range if I move over Volta's maximum overland closer.

Arcran
2012-11-26, 04:19 PM
by my count, I'm exactly in range if I move over Volta's maximum overland closer.

Sorry, can you show me the exact math? I can't see it. Overland 2 and Range 10, right?

planswalker
2012-11-26, 04:24 PM
how about you stop trying to pull cheap shots to give you an extra turn and just accept the goddamn confusion?

Arcran
2012-11-26, 04:42 PM
how about you stop trying to pull cheap shots to give you an extra turn and just accept the goddamn confusion?

I'm only able to release there becauae I had to move away from human shield cow.

Show me HOW you're hitting me and I'll take it.

planswalker
2012-11-26, 05:40 PM
okay, fine, whatever. Ignore the confuse ray and respond to this post instead.

Seeing his opponent yet again trying to release his 'mon forever away from the field of combat, Leon will return Volta and say, "Okay, look, pal, is this supposed to be a fight between pokemon or an exercise in seeing how far you can run away from the battle before I get fed up with it? If the latter, you've found the limit."

Major
2012-11-26, 05:56 PM
Amber shrugs at Ken, "I'm not an expert, but we can go over basics." She said, "Let me get changed and I can show you what I know." She says handing him the first aid kit. "Inside there is usually a basic manual too that should explain some things and we can mess around and practice with it after."

Arcran
2012-11-26, 06:58 PM
okay, fine, whatever. Ignore the confuse ray and respond to this post instead.

Seeing his opponent yet again trying to release his 'mon forever away from the field of combat, Leon will return Volta and say, "Okay, look, pal, is this supposed to be a fight between pokemon or an exercise in seeing how far you can run away from the battle before I get fed up with it? If the latter, you've found the limit."

Roth looks at the trainer, somewhat bewildered. He had strong Pokemon. Did he honestly not think about the strategy of the fight at all?

"It's strategy," Jakob says simply, returning Rhopa. He'd never had a problem with this before. "My Pokemon would be lucky to take one or two hits from your Pokemon so I have to improvise. I assure you that this is all legal. If you don't care to finish the battle, I don't mind," Jakob says, walking away. Maybe he was a new trainer. He didn't even have enough control to keep him Miltank on the battlefield.

Roth keeps in mind where the boy was, then heads back to a Pokemon Center. Squint and Rammus needed food healing badly.

planswalker
2012-11-26, 08:00 PM
Leon will depart without another word.

Arc, I love having you as an addition to the team, but I refuse to fight you pvp again.

Arcran
2012-11-26, 08:02 PM
Leon will depart without another word.

Arc, I love having you as an addition to the team, but I refuse to fight you pvp again.

Feeling is mutual.

CosmicOccurence
2012-11-26, 09:47 PM
Amber & Ken
The clerk shows Amber to a small bathroom where you can change in privacy. The new clothes are soft mareep wool, and feel wonderful on her skin.

When she came out, the two of you found a small instruction booklet inside the first aid kit. It described basic medical techniques including how to use a bandage and potion, to CPR and the Heimlich maneuver.

Drake
Well of course I do. Why else do you think I would make so many?

His selection isn't great, only basic, great, and ultra balls, but his prices aren't any more expensive than you were used to.

Leon

Anywhere in particular you're going? 510 xp to milktank
210 to chinchou
before ace modifiers

Jakob
There isn't a pokemon center in this town, but after a bit of looking, you do find a friendly psychic who's willing to heal you mons up for $200.

Sandshrew 350
Ekans 70

Arcran
2012-11-26, 09:58 PM
Jakob feels his empty coin purse and sighs.

"Any chance of you taking a trade? A Pokeball is worth 200," he says desperately.

planswalker
2012-11-26, 10:09 PM
Leon will step outside the town gates and look to see if there's something he can catch.

[roll0]

Asdfth
2012-11-27, 08:56 AM
"Hmm Drake said looking at his funds I'll take two basic balls. Hey since you live here do you know where I can get a book or map of the tunnel since me and my friends have plans to go through. Drake gave the boy 400 Pokedollars.

CosmicOccurence
2012-11-27, 11:33 PM
Drake
He happily hands the balls over to you, but makes on last comment before you leave. You sure you only want four? They're good balls - I guarantee it.

Leon
After a short while of searching, you see three green blobs sliding across the ground across the road ahead of you. They are too far for you to scan, but don't seem to have noticed you yet.

Jakob
The psychic quickly agreed, and you leave her one pokeball short, but with a fully healed team.

Arcran
2012-11-27, 11:46 PM
Jakob
The psychic quickly agreed, and you leave her one pokeball short, but with a fully healed team.

You didn't say she was a giiiirl. :smalltongue:

"Thanks," Jakob says with a wide grin, happily handing over the Pokeball. "Is there anything in particular to do around here to make money? I'm a little short on cash."

Sure, he could try to chat it up with that kid for a job, but a psychic friend could definitely be useful.

planswalker
2012-11-28, 01:57 AM
Leon will slowly approach the blobs, dex out ready to scan as soon as they're in range.

Asdfth
2012-11-28, 02:29 PM
"Yes I am quite short on funds but thank you so much. Drake still looks around to get a map for their travels for the upcoming tunnel.

CosmicOccurence
2012-11-29, 10:24 PM
Drake
You find yourself at the general store where Amber and Ken seem to be pouring over instructions to a first aid kit. The store has a small variey of maps, one specifically for the tunnels. It costs $100 but seems to be fairly detailed, though it was written two years prior.

Leon
The blobs seem content to ignore you as they continue to make their journey to the light forest across the road.

Your dex will identify in 2 more rounds, or if you decide to ignore the encounter. Map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Al4jVK75mdpjdENxemoxM0V0NXdZTHRFTVlfd1ZuV VE#gid=0)

Jakob
Most people have permanent jobs doing manual labor or working in some kind of store. I make enough healing mons to get by, and there's a couple other people who perform duties, like the priest. Your best bet for quick cash would be with Medina, the village elder. You can find her in the big building near the center of town. Grandma can be scary, but unless you really piss her off she shouldn't hurt you.

Amber and Ken
As you look over the instructions, Drake walks into the store.

Arcran
2012-11-29, 10:29 PM
Jakob nods amiably, thanking the woman before heading off towards where the kid had been. If he was going to make money, he needed Pokeballs. And the kid had those.

Major
2012-11-29, 11:34 PM
Amber looks up and waves as she sets down the instruction kit, "Oh hey there!" She says seeing Drake.

planswalker
2012-11-30, 05:43 AM
Leon will advance towards the blobs, curious to see more about them. Perhaps catch one if they look interesting.

Asdfth
2012-11-30, 09:32 AM
"Hmm alright worse case scenario we have to improvise." Drake hands the clerk 100 Pokedollars Thanks for the map." as Drake was about to leave a familiar voiced called out to him. "Oh hi there Amber and Ken what are you doing?"

Kantolin
2012-11-30, 11:53 AM
Ken, as he kinda figured, was having trouble making heads or tails of the instructions. Some of it made sense, mind you, but some was hard for him to wrap his head around - mostly then 'when to utilize particular things' part.

He was pretty sure he had the heimlich maneuver down, though.

"Oh - Drake! Amber was helping me look over this healing kit. Did you find pokeballs?"

"Aron!" Chimed in Viktor, for really no reason.

Major
2012-11-30, 03:54 PM
"After our various injuries I figured it might be a good idea for me to grab a first aid kit." Amber explained. "Ken asked some questions so I was trying to help him with that."

Asdfth
2012-11-30, 09:26 PM
"Yeah there is a kid who is selling and repairing Pokeballs. Well that is quite wise of you Amber."

CosmicOccurence
2012-11-30, 09:42 PM
Jakob
You find the boy where you saw him before. A small batch of pokeballs lay by his side, and a small bag sits beside him. You in the market for some pokeballs?

Leon
The blobs seem content to ignore you, but they do seem more aware ow your presence. Their movement seems more hurried than before, but they aren't obviously alarmed.

planswalker
2012-11-30, 10:55 PM
Leon will pull out Bast's ball but hold off on sending him out just yet. While he waits for his 'dex to finish the scan, he will approach them.

Arcran
2012-11-30, 11:08 PM
"No, not right now. What I really want to know is if you need some help. I'm good with Pokeballs. If you have some spare parts I can make some higher quality ones for you. Can repair them too, or just makr some regular balls."

CosmicOccurence
2012-12-02, 12:55 PM
Jakob
The boy gasps, You're one of the really good ones? Of course you can help me! Let me go get my parts. he runs and gets a small wagon full of spare parts that he obviously collected.

Do you think you could teach me how to make better balls? His eyes shone with hope as he asked.

Leon
The green things continue to move towards the trees while keeping an eye on you. When they reach the edge of the foliage, your dex identifies them as gulpin: a small poison type that can manipulate its body to fit into spaces that pokemon of its sizes normally couldn't.

The Group
The store clerk comes up and asks politely if there is anything she can help you with.

Kantolin
2012-12-02, 01:27 PM
"Some of this is pretty hard to wrap my head around, but thanks, Amber."

He stretched, as the clerk came over. "Oh, no thanks on my part. Actually, we should probably get moving - I could use some pokeballs, but I don't have the funds for anything really. Are you two done with everything in town?"

He paused. "Also, you guys seen Leon? I haven't seen him since this mor.... this noon, but we were all walking around doing things."

Arcran
2012-12-02, 01:28 PM
Jakob grins. The kid was enthusiastic, that was for sure.

"I'd love to," Jakob says, starting to look for some parts. "I'm going to show you how to make a Quick Ball, alright? It works best on Pokemon that aren't completely aware of what is happening, so use it right away in a fight," he says, starting to slide parts together as his nimble fingers work with the Pokeball, occasionsly stopping to see if the kid was able to follow him.

"Now, the biggest problem with these is that first off, the parts are more expensive. They cost quite a bit more to make. In addition, these kind can take an hour of two to make, meaning you can't make as many. Still, one good ball is often better than a bag full of regulars. Are you followibg alright?" Jakob says, purposefully going slower than normal.

Major
2012-12-02, 10:58 PM
"Errr no, no, not unless your village has an idiot that gets stabbed by Taruoses and thus needs treating. That's the type of experience I need." Amber jokes.

planswalker
2012-12-02, 11:15 PM
Leon has a sudden, inexplicable sneeze. Perhaps someone was talking about him?

Leon will send out Bast and temporarily activate the electrical potential in his body. He'll then command Bast to fake out the lead gulpin in an ambush.

yes, that's right, Leon just commanded a frontal "ambush".

[roll0]
[roll1]

Asdfth
2012-12-03, 05:19 PM
Drake pauses for a little bit."Yeah I think I got everything. As for Leon no clue but we should head out and complete the job.

CosmicOccurence
2012-12-03, 07:51 PM
Leon
The gulpins trill angrily at the unprovoked attack on their family. The three of them spit sludge at the meowth.

If you don't post where you're moving on the map (https://docs.google.com/a/stolaf.edu/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Al4jVK75mdpjdENxemoxM0V0NXdZTHRFTVlfd1ZuV VE#gid=0) please edit it yourself.

Sludge! AC 2 poison special poison 15+
[roll0] [roll1]
[roll2] [roll3]

Jakob
The boy follows along decently well. Sometimes he asks you to slow down or show him exactly how you're arranging the parts to make it different from other types of balls. He's obviously a bright kid with a good future as a pokeball smith, but seems to be self taught.

The construction takes a little longer than normal, but by the time you finished, a perfectly functional quick ball sits in front of you. A notebook full of sketches of balls sits in front of you as he took notes throughout the lesson.

Arcran
2012-12-03, 08:22 PM
Leon
The gulpins trill angrily at the unprovoked attack on their family. The three of them spit sludge at the meowth.

If you don't post where you're moving on the map (https://docs.google.com/a/stolaf.edu/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Al4jVK75mdpjdENxemoxM0V0NXdZTHRFTVlfd1ZuV VE#gid=0) please edit it yourself.

[roll0] [roll1]
[roll2] [roll3]

Jakob
The boy follows along decently well. Sometimes he asks you to slow down or show him exactly how you're arranging the parts to make it different from other types of balls. He's obviously a bright kid with a good future as a pokeball smith, but seems to be self taught.

The construction takes a little longer than normal, but by the time you finished, a perfectly functional quick ball sits in front of you. A notebook full of sketches of balls sits in front of you as he took notes throughout the lesson.

Jakob holds the ball. He could really use it, but they weren't his parts. He wasn't going to take something for nothing.

"Here kid," he says, tossing the Quick Ball to the kid. "Two is always better than one," he says, lounging back. "Got a name?"

planswalker
2012-12-03, 10:53 PM
Leon will throw a Great Ball at the one Bast flinched.

[roll0]

If the capture is successful, Leon will recall the poor ko'd Bast and flee. If it's not, he'll switch out Bast for Volta and command her to use thunder wave on the injured one.

Major
2012-12-04, 01:24 AM
"Yeah, we are on a timer after all." Amber says with a nod, "Though while we look for him perhaps I can find someone to train and try out my new friends with." Amber notes.

Kantolin
2012-12-04, 11:11 AM
"It's not a very big place - it should be pretty easy to find him, heh."

Ken began looking around for Leon as the group got moving... when he paused, turning back to Amber and Drake. "Wait - actually, would one of you mind sending a flier up to scout for him? That should make it even faster."

Asdfth
2012-12-04, 11:21 AM
"Yeah alright. Come on out Nightingale." Drake releases Swablu. "Alright Nightingale can you please look for our friend he looks like... actually now that I think about it we look awfully similar. So someone who looks like me but it isn't me. Nightingale flew up into the sky though a little confused to look for someone who looks like her owner but isn't.

CosmicOccurence
2012-12-04, 03:56 PM
Jakob
Marcus, what about you? He handles the quick ball almost reverently as he makes sure he knows everything about it so he could make one when he had time.

Here He hands you the ball after examining it. You can use this more than I could. It'll be a long time before I'm able to go capture pokemon on my own.

Leon
Your greatball smashes into the gulpin and breaks apart. It spits angrily as Volta's electricity coursed through its body. It shudders as Volta's attack renders it unable to move as the other two advance. They trill angrily; the high noise penetrates the air, and a few seconds later you hear a similar trill rise from the trees.

One of the gulpin lets out a large yawn that spreads contagiously to Volta and its companion. The other smashes its fist into Volta's side, and promptly drifts off to sleep.

Yawn: Can't miss. Volta falls asleep after her next action.
Pound: [roll0] AC 2 Normal Physical [roll1]

Group
Nightingale returns quickly and leads you down one of the roads out of town. Ahead of you, you see Leon and Volta in combat with what appears to be small green blob pokemon. A shrill trilling sound flies through the air as you approach the group.

map (https://docs.google.com/a/stolaf.edu/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Al4jVK75mdpjdENxemoxM0V0NXdZTHRFTVlfd1ZuV VE#gid=0)

Arcran
2012-12-04, 06:38 PM
"Jakob," he says, pocketing the Pokeball with a nod.

"Any ideas for some quick money out here?" he asks. "I'm a little bit broke at the moment."

Kantolin
2012-12-05, 01:08 AM
"...huh! Leon!"

Ken promptly hurried forward - thrusting one hand forward. "Viktor! Try to - "

When he paused. No, they were way too far away. But now... after a thought, Ken hurled the ball as close to Leon as he could.

"Solvering! Get in front of Leon!"

The phanpy arrived from his ball, stamping the ground fiercely and rapidly as though he was furious at it. "Phan!" He called out, rushing forward in what was a mix between walking and rolling.

Ken moves to I-29 and sends out Solvering, his Phanpy, who can barely make it to G-15 from there with a release and his movement.

Solvering uses defense curl, though, as he's still too far away to actually whack anything this turn.

planswalker
2012-12-05, 09:02 AM
Leon gives a start when Ken gives out, not realizing they'd followed him, but he's very grateful for the support.

"Hey, guys! Found some sort of poison blob 'mon called gulpin. Trying to catch one."

he punctuates his words by throwing a basic ball at the one that's sleeping.

[roll0]

Asdfth
2012-12-05, 11:47 AM
"Again Leon you need to stop getting into these situations." Drake and Nightingale move to I27 and J25.

planswalker
2012-12-05, 12:18 PM
"But I was just trying to find a new friend or two to capture..."

Volta will move to G11 and use confuse ray to confuse all the blobs. She then promptly falls asleep.

Using a copy of the column 10 guide, I believe I can hit all three from there.

CosmicOccurence
2012-12-05, 01:16 PM
Jakob
He thinks for a moment, but quickly shakes his head. Probably not. Medina might have some work, but apparently another group came last night and took care of the rabid wilds that have been attacking the village. You must have been lucky for them to not go after you. They went for individuals, not groups. There isn't much other work here aside from the long term labor jobs.

I'd like to get you with the rest of the group for the battle they're doing now and get the lot of you in the tunnel. It's time to move on with the story.

Major
2012-12-05, 03:37 PM
Amber moves quickly as she scans the pokemon trying to get close enough. This was the perfect chance to try out her new friends. "Francis go!" She said releasing one of the Ledyba. "Charge the blob things!" She called out. Francis moved quickly towards the blobs.

Not sure range of release so released adjacent to Amber after she moved to K8, Francis moves six squares closer, ending in F27

Arcran
2012-12-05, 06:04 PM
Jakob
He thinks for a moment, but quickly shakes his head. Probably not. Medina might have some work, but apparently another group came last night and took care of the rabid wilds that have been attacking the village. You must have been lucky for them to not go after you. They went for individuals, not groups. There isn't much other work here aside from the long term labor jobs.

I'd like to get you with the rest of the group for the battle they're doing now and get the lot of you in the tunnel. It's time to move on with the story.

Jakob nods slowly, not especially happy with the answer but accepting it.

"Thanks Marcus," he says, patting the kid on the head. "I think I'll go explore around town a bit. Keep up the good work; a few more years and you'll be one of the best Pokeball Smiths in the region," he says, wandering towards this tunnel he's heard so much about. A Whismur could be a useful Pokemon for him. They've always seemed like fun little Pokemon.

CosmicOccurence
2012-12-06, 11:02 PM
Group

Leon's ball captures the gulpin with a satisfying ding.

Lv 14 male gulpin, venom

The two remaining gulpins don't seem to be having much luck, one hits itself while trying to hit volta, and the other one remains soundly asleep - oblivious to the battle raging around it. Another trill sounds, much closer this time. When you turn, you see a small horde of gulpins. The one leading the charge seems to be larger than the others.

Jakob
After walking a short while, you hear a lout trill coming from over a hill. When you come over it, you see a group of four trainers battling what appear to be green blobs with a yellow feather on their heads.

Arcran
2012-12-06, 11:07 PM
Jakob dashes over, Pokeball in hand, releasing Squint.

"Let's see if we can't catch ourself a friend," he says, Pokeball grasped firmly in his grasp.

Major
2012-12-06, 11:47 PM
Amber continues trying to catch up moving closer to the group as Francis keeps up the charge.

Amber shifts to J26.

Francis double shifts to H17

planswalker
2012-12-07, 06:18 AM
Leon will direct Volta to gun down the one that's awake with a water gun.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Asdfth
2012-12-07, 02:05 PM
Drake sees the herd of upcoming Pokemon. "Dang it Leon once again you get caught in these situation that could easily be avoided. Drake moves to I21 and Nightingale moves close at J21

Kantolin
2012-12-08, 03:28 AM
"...whoa!"

Ken hurried towards the encoming mob, slightly tense. They were clearly poison, dripping poison and all - that meant Kleid could probably really smash into them with bulldoze.

"Phan!"

...but that reminded him that Solvering had his own targets as well. He nudged Viktor towards the mob for a moment, hoping his were sufficient. "Solvering - smash that one!"

Solvering uses tackle on F-10 blob! (normal, physical)
Attack roll: [roll0]
Damage roll: [roll1]

Solvering will move to F-11, Ken will move to J25, Viktor will hop off him there (For convienience, K-25)

CosmicOccurence
2012-12-08, 05:51 PM
The conscious gulpin faints while the sleeping one continued to snooze. The horde advanced menacingly, and they trilled their anger at the defeat of their companions. The lead gulpin, who was larger than the others, spewed poison at Nightengale.

[roll0]. [roll1]

Arcran
2012-12-08, 08:10 PM
Jakob moves towards the other people, directing his serpent into battle as he pulls out his Pokedex, scanning the goo.

"Squint, let's do this! Bite!"

The Ekans flies forward, fangs outstretched as it prepares to strike.

Attacking the Gulpin in N10.

AC: 2 [roll0] 17-20 Flinch

planswalker
2012-12-09, 04:53 AM
Leon has Volta fire a stream of water at the big one next.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Major
2012-12-09, 04:36 PM
Amber quickly stumbles away from the advancing horde of gulpin hoping that her alliance with her friends would allow them to repel the horde.

Meanwhile she nodded at Francis to back up some and group with the rest of their allies so they could fight the horde as a group.

Amber shifts to F26

Francis shifts to G12

Kantolin
2012-12-10, 01:54 AM
"Phan!" Exclaimed Solvering, as Ken turned - focusing his attention on the larger group. He noted a new person had stepped onto the road - but pokemon were being sent forward, and hopefully that would keep the pokemon's attention.

And hopefully this wouldn't be too much for Kleid. "Okay - Kleid!" Ken called out, releasing his pokemon - who came out amidst a handstand.

"Chop!"

He flipped to his feet, pointing forward - to note a gulpin right in front of him. Still, he recovered gracefully, clasping one fist into the palm of his other hand. "Ma - Chop!"

"Kleid! Bulldoze!"

"Maa - " Began the machop, reaching backwards - then swinging at the air. Raising one foot, he stomped the ground in a fashion akin to a sumo wrestler. "CHOP!" He called out, loudly, as the ground in front of him quaked.

Ken sends out Kleid, to K-26. Kleid then moves to N-23.

Kleid then uses bulldoze, on N-19! I /believe/ that hits the bottom five Gulpin, but feel free to correct me. ^_^

(Physical, Ground, lowers speed 1 stage on a successful hit. 3m radius burst)
Kleid's Attack roll: [roll0]
Kleid's Damage roll: [roll1]

Asdfth
2012-12-10, 08:04 AM
The attack hurt Nightingale and cause it poison. Darn Nightingale return and go Iragore. Iragore is sent out at J21 and moves to K16 "Now use Dual Chop on the big Gulpin"

[roll0]3+DEF
[roll1]3+DEF
[roll2]Dragon Physical
[roll3]Dragon Physical

CosmicOccurence
2012-12-10, 10:51 PM
Attacks fly across the battlefield as chaos reigns. Volta and Iragore fell the lead gulpin while the ground explodes in front of Kleid as he puts dents in half the oncoming horde. Squint sinks his fangs into another.

Poisonous green gas rises from four of the gulpins, and the mist covers Ken, Drake, Drake, Iragore, and Squint. Two others slam their fists against squint and Iragore. The sleeping gulpin wakes up and does the same to Slovering. Another spews noxious sludge at Iragore.

Poison Gas. AC 6.
vs Ken/Viktor [roll0]
vs Drake [roll1]
vs Iragore [roll2]
vs Squint [roll3]

Pound AC 2 normal physical
vs Iragore [roll4] [roll5] on crit [roll6]
vs Squint [roll7] [roll8] on crit [roll9]
vs Slovering [roll10] [roll11] on crit [roll12]

Sludge AC 2 poison 15+ poison special
vs Iragore [roll13], [roll14]

Arcran
2012-12-10, 10:58 PM
Jakob doesn't even flinch as the gas covers Squint; he's an Ekans, that stuff will barely phase him. The Pound though... That might hurt a little more.

"Squint, you can take that all day! Hit him again!" Jakob shouts, pulling out a Great Ball and looking at the Pokemon around. If one looks close to going down, he's snagging the thing.

Squint biting the goo (same one as last round)
AC: 2 [roll0] 17-20 Flinch

Capture Roll: [roll2]

Arc no read good.

Major
2012-12-11, 12:45 AM
Amber moved a bit closer as she quickly called out to Francis, "Get close and punch the blobby thing!" She said.

Amber shifts to F21

Francis shifts over the blob and punches down on him. (f10)

Comet Punch vs 4 (until miss)
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]

planswalker
2012-12-11, 07:51 AM
Volta will continue bringing supporting fire from the rear.

[roll0]
[roll1]
I don't normally do this, but I'm about to lose my internet, so:
[roll2]

Kantolin
2012-12-11, 11:15 AM
Ken manages to cover himself from the poison. He mentally paused for a moment to thank the felt-stupid-at-the-time breath control exercises.

Kleid was a little disappointed that his targets were still standing. He shifted into a basic pose, sweeping one arm in front of himself - as Ken noticed the shout of 'Phan!' His head swept back and forth between Kleid and Solvering - he really didn't multitask well.

Um.

"Solvering! Tackle it back!" Ken called out, as he punched the nearby poison.

"Phan!" Spinning into a roll, here went another tackle.

Ken moves to K-24
Ken uses trainer attack (Normal, physical, AC 2)
Attack roll: [roll0]
Damage roll: [roll1]

Solvering uses tackle (Normal, physical, AC 2)
Attack roll: [roll2]
Damage roll: [roll3]

Solvering's HP: 32/53
(33-12 = 21 damage)

Asdfth
2012-12-11, 02:00 PM
Drake was poisoned and Iragore went down. Drake moves to G19 and summons Pineco at k18. Pineco use self-destruct

[roll0]2+DEF Normal Physical
[roll1]

CosmicOccurence
2012-12-12, 03:34 PM
The madness on the battlefield intensifies. Half blind from residual smoke, Squint misses his target, only Francis's first punch connects, but it doesn't seem to do anything to the gulpin, but Slovering finishes it off. Volta's spray of water slows down the the 8th gulpin immensely, bringing it close to unconcioiusness.

When Drake gives the yet unnamed pineco his very first order in a trainer battle, an order to faint itself, it glares daggers at its new trainer, obviously regretting approaching the sadistic trainer. Still, it obeys, and half the battlefield goes up in smoke. When it clears, the pineco lays fainted on the ground while you don't see any trace of the presumably deceased gulpins.

The gulpins respond angrily while they revoice their super high trills. They start spitting acid again, except for the one that continues to slam itself into Squint.

Jacob: Gulpin 6&8 look weakened.
Pound AC 2 normal physical
vs Squint [roll0] [roll1] on crit [roll2]

Sludge AC 2 poison 15+ poison special
vs Drake [roll3], [roll4]
vs Volta [roll5], [roll6]
vs Kleid [roll7], [roll8]

Arcran
2012-12-12, 05:08 PM
"Mother Muker!" Jakob shouts as the Pokemon explodes. What the hell had happened? That was not normal. He runs to the Pokemon, pulling out a Potion as he does so. He wouldn't be able to make it this turn, but maybe he could still save the Pokemon.

"SQUINT! I'll handle the blob, you save that Pokemon," he says, lobbing a Pokeball at the green Pokemon as he rushes closer to the exploded one.

Squint puts on a burst of speed, slithering all the way to the pine cone Pokemon, gripping it in its mouth and slithering back towards Jakob who already has a Potion in hand, ready to heal the Pokemon. Nobody was dying on his watch.

Capture Roll!
[roll0]

Also, Squint used a Double Shift; if those aren't allowed, I'll retcon. Pineco is just outside an Ekans Power Threshold (10 vs. 15 lbs.), so if he can't move quite that far I can fix that as well.

Major
2012-12-12, 06:19 PM
Amber sighed, she wasn't very good at this battling thing. She rubbed her temple as she moved closer.

"Uhhh Francis, come back. Let's try your friend!" She said returning the first Ledyba and sending out Rogue. "Uhhhh fly up and you try doing that lots of punches thing!"

Amber to E16

Rogue shifts to I 16 and comet punches

Comet Punch vs 5
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]

planswalker
2012-12-13, 07:55 AM
Volta takes the hit with equanimity. This wasn't the first time she's taken a little damage. She'll tough through it.

"Volta, keep up the power!"

Volta will fire another gun of water, this time at the one that attacked her.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Asdfth
2012-12-13, 10:44 AM
Drake was going to return the pineco as a wild ekans picks it up. Darn. I'll deal with the snake later. Go Krayt Drake summons Krayt at L19 Use Sand Tomb on the Gulpin. Use sand tomb at G9
[roll0]4+DEF Ground ATK
[roll1]
[roll2]trapped

Kantolin
2012-12-13, 05:49 PM
Ken punches the one next to him while Kleid moves forward and utilizes another bulldoze.

(Normal, physical, AC 2)
Ken's attack roll: [roll0]
Ken's damage roll: [roll1]

(Ground, physical, No Guard ability. Kleid is aiming to hit G9 without maiming any allies)
Kleid's attack roll: [roll2]
Kleid's damage roll: [roll3]

CosmicOccurence
2012-12-13, 06:03 PM
Volta and Krayt's attacks both fly wide, but Ken, Viktor, and Viktor land successful hits on their enemies. As unconscious gulpin's hit the ground Jakob hears the characteristic noise that pokeballs make when they successfully capture a wild. His pokedex also updates, giving information on the gulpins.

The one remaining gulpin trills in fear, and begins to flee into the undergrowth.

lv 14, stick hold, male

Arcran
2012-12-13, 06:09 PM
Need a Nature

Jakob ignores the last Gulpin.

"Sorry Squint," he says, gesturing at the massive bruises crossing the body of the Ekans. "This one might be dead though," he says, taking the pine cone. He can't tell whether or not the thing was alive or dead; how does he? What is it, a Grass type? Do they even need to breathe? Regardless, he starts spraying his Potion all over the Pokemon.

Pineco should be at -14 from Self Destruct.

Potion: [roll0]

"Don't be dead, don't be dead, don't be dead," he mutters, cradling the spiny Pokemon, accidentally poking himself a few times. He looks up to see his battered snake as well.

"Squint, return. You've had more than enough for the day," he says, the Ekans disappearing into the Pokeball.

planswalker
2012-12-13, 06:41 PM
"Thanks for coming out to help, guys. There were only three of them when I started."

Asdfth
2012-12-14, 09:14 AM
Drake returns Krayt and slowly walks to Leon. "YOU IDIOT WHAT IS THE MATTER WITH YOU! HAVE YOU EVER ONCE REALIZE WHAT YOUR ACTIONS DO TO OTHERS. LOOK AT US WE ARE INJURED AND SO ARE OUR POKEMON! THIS IS THE SECOND TIME WE HAD TO SAVE YOU! WE CAN'T GO INTO THE CAVE IN THIS CONDITION! NOW MORE TIME HAS TO BE WASTED DUE TO YOUR STUPIDITY! HOW DID YOU MANAGE TO LIVE ALL THIS TIME? IN JUST TWO DAYS YOU GOT YOUR SELF AMBUSHED TWICE! WE HAVE TO ASK THAT OLD CRONE TO HEAL US AGAIN. AND MORE SCIENTIST COULD BE IN DANGER!

planswalker
2012-12-14, 12:22 PM
"First off, if you lot hadn't been total cowards about the tauros, I would not have faced them by myself. Second off, no one saved me from that one. Third off, you did not even ask me if I was willing to let you pay for healing me. Last of all, if you all hadn't shown up just then, I would have retreated instead of staying to attack them all. Don't you dare blame me because you sought out this fight.

However, I do have to question your competence to succeed on this mission if you are unable to handle more than one encounter with wild pokemon in a single day. What in the world were you thinking ordering your pokemon to blow itself up like that?"

Asdfth
2012-12-14, 12:49 PM
Cowards? Only a real coward would die so foolishly. If I wasn't there for support you would be dead by now. You seem to have forgotten you were gored and dying. You need to realise Pokemon are wild and powerful creatures especially if you interrupted their mating ritual. The Gulpins were right there they would have seen and seeked you for hurting their allies. There are safety in numbers yet you seem to not care about yours. Selfdestruct is a move Pineco possed that was able to get rid of most of the threats in an instance. I didn't force it to learn it it's natural for it to learn that move. Drake reaches in his pocket and shows Leon the ball with the Ursaring."Do you want to know how we took down the bears attacking this village? Amber, Ken, and I work together as a team. None of us ran off and ignored the group we stuck close and stayed together that is how a team should be. You seem more interested in what's best for you not all of us.

Major
2012-12-14, 04:19 PM
Amber clenched her fist and called Rogue over as she watched Drake yell at Leon. It was good that she wasn't the only one and she decided to stay out this time. One person constantly chewing into someone would look bad, but if multiple members did it perhaps it'd work out better.

Unrelated note: exp?

Arcran
2012-12-14, 04:53 PM
"Hey!" Jakob shouts, obviously worried. "This Pokemon just exploded! Are any of you a medic? I put a Potion on it but I can't tell if it's okay or not!"

Kantolin
2012-12-15, 03:09 PM
Heart still pounding, Ken's first focus was on the battle at hand. It took him a moment to realize - but it seemed that the battle was well in hand. The only potential threat was trying to escape.

...in which he felt a little bad for it. Running off would make it a lot harder for him to find food. Summarily, out came a pokeball - maybe he'd be able to catch it. He gave it a throw.

...then tuned back in in time to hear Drake's yelling, and the responses. In which he tensed - that would just cause egos to explode at each other. He wanted to say something, but had no idea what to say to try to defuse the argument. Leon apparently didn't like working with other people, while Drake was apparently out of straws. Likely, granted, because he was poisoned, but still. Did either side really need to be actively insulting the other? Idiot? Cowards?

Um. Also, there was a new guy, holding Drake's pineco.

...also, Kleid was quite annoyed that Ken was not paying attention to his awesome victory dance, and tugged on his pants leg as Solvering walked towards Ken, avoiding the argument. This earned Kleid a muttered, "One second, Kleid."

Man, did Ken wish he was better at talking to people.

So! Enough worrying about what wasn't happening. Right now, he wasn't sure that he could do anything about the argument. He could, however, try to look at the pineco - and thus he walked towards the new guy, trying to remember what he'd just learned about blood vessels and the like. Softly, he touched the pineco.

"I'm... I'm no medic, but it feels like his blood is still pumping as normal. So he's just fainted, I'm pretty sure. I think he's okay."

Arcran
2012-12-15, 03:42 PM
"Tough little guy, isn't he. I mean, he just blew up and he's alive?" Jakob says, amazed.

"Jakob," he says, extending his almost skeletal thin hand.

CosmicOccurence
2012-12-15, 04:46 PM
The pineco wakes with a start as Jakob's potion finally starts to take effect. It spins until it finds Drake and hops at his new trainer chattering angrily. It jumps up and down in front of Drake's face with a sour expression all the while making a racket.

In the background, you hear the ding that signifies a successful capture.

Arcran
2012-12-15, 04:49 PM
Jakob starts as it spins out of his hands.

"Hey! Wait! Are you okay!" Jakob shouts, chasing after the Pokemon and trying to scoop it up.

Major
2012-12-15, 07:11 PM
Amber looks behind her at the new guy she didn't know, "Name's Amber. I'm more a breeder than anything. I take it you are from the village?"

Arcran
2012-12-15, 07:28 PM
"Village?" Jakob says, confused, trying to hold back the Pineco.

"Oh, that village," he says, comprehension dawning on his face. "No, I'm from New Bark. Just traveling, you know? Get out and see the world," he says with a smile.

"Breeder you said? You must know a lot about Pokemon then. Is it... normal for these things to go around blowing themselves up?"

Major
2012-12-16, 02:08 PM
"It's...a defense mechanism. They kinda go bomb taking a temporary knock out to hurt people. We had to be careful back at the breeder's to not startle them while mating." Amber says with a chuckle, "Cause...yeah it's bad. But it hurts so it is usually as a last resort and they get pretty upset when ordered to blow up."

Arcran
2012-12-16, 02:17 PM
"It's...a defense mechanism. They kinda go bomb taking a temporary knock out to hurt people. We had to be careful back at the breeder's to not startle them while mating." Amber says with a chuckle, "Cause...yeah it's bad. But it hurts so it is usually as a last resort and they get pretty upset when ordered to blow up."

"It must've thought it was in a lot of danger from those slime things to blow itself up like that," Jakob says, amazed that something would nearly kill itself like that.

Kantolin
2012-12-17, 12:18 AM
"Ken." The short man's very thick hand dwarfed Jakob's, but the shake was quite gentle.

Ding? He turned around - oh geez, he'd honestly forgotten about that gulpin. Boy was it clear that he couldn't control two pokemon at once - he could barely do two of anything at once. He quickly retrieved the pokeball, before stepping back into the conversation.

"Well, it's not a wild pineco - Drake caught it in the forest." He responded, to Jakob's comment.

Arcran
2012-12-17, 12:21 AM
"Wait," Jakob says, looking at Drake. "You ordered it to explode? To fight off these things?" Jakob says, looking at him like he was an idiot. "What sort of a monster are you? Here you are calling your friend an idiot while you order your Pokemon to blow up for no good reason? What kind of double standard is that? You could have killed it!" he almost shouts. "You aren't even fit to talk to this thing, much less be its trainer," Jakob says.

He gives a small nod at the man he had battled earlier, recognizing the face.

Kantolin
2012-12-17, 01:09 AM
"Jakob, uh... well, part of the point of it is that it's a temporary knock out for the user." Ken attempted to interject. Sigh, there were already two people arguing; there didn't need to be three.

"The pineco was not in danger of dying - remember, they learn the move naturally." He scratched the back of his head. "Now I mean... the pineco looks pretty annoyed, but that's between him (her?) and Drake. After all, it wasn't like we were playing around here. They had knocked out Iragore, and a lot more blasts would have been incoming, so that definitely helped reduce the number of incoming hits."

Ken sighed. "And... and we really have to step back, so we can get moving."

Arcran
2012-12-17, 01:15 AM
Jakob just shakes his head.

You're protecting the behavior? he asks, amazed. "What if your.. he says, looking at his Pokedex, Machop could explode to take out a handful of Pokemon that we were obviously winning against. Would you even consider it? Would the thought cross your mind? Jakob says, completely amazed that he'd defend the trainer.

Here, let's settle this like Pokemon trainers. You're not fit for the Pineco. We'll battle for it Pineco. Winner takes it. Deal? Jakob asks, glaring at the trainer.

planswalker
2012-12-17, 09:10 AM
Leon does not say another word, knowing that if he says anything more, it will be words along the lines of "I don't have to put up with your ****." and walk off. Such a decision was best not made in the heat of anger.

okay, y'all chewing out Leon like this is really killing the fun of this game for me. If y'all are just going to continue ragging on him like this for things he didn't have control over, I'm quitting.

Asdfth
2012-12-17, 11:33 AM
Drake looks at his pineco "Forgive me it was a desperate and rushed decision I had made in a haste. Drake looks at the stranger "After my Pokemon and I are healed then we shall fight."

Arcran
2012-12-17, 11:45 AM
I'll meet you outside the Pokemon Center in an hour, Jakob says, turning and heading back to town to get Squint patched up.

Kantolin
2012-12-17, 02:46 PM
Ken was... more than a little surprised, but he shook his head.

"Uh... guys, we don't - well, first of all there isn't a pokemon centre in town. We have to go find Medina - and hope she doesn't want any other tasks that take very long. And then, guys, we're on a mission here - can't this battle wait? We need to speak with Medina and get moving, not speak with Medina, do a battle, speak with her again, and then get moving."

Arcran
2012-12-17, 03:02 PM
Jakob remembers the lack of the Pokemon Center.

"Right. Here, how many healthy, non-exploded Pokemon do you have?"

Major
2012-12-17, 03:30 PM
"Ya know...I've been studying up on medicine in order to help provide medical attention, but if we constantly have unnecessary battles, especially among each other, it's going to use our supplies." Amber said with a sigh as now two more people were fighting over a pokemon.

Asdfth
2012-12-17, 04:16 PM
Drake returns the pineco. "Yes you are right Amber and Ken we should see if Medina would heal us and be off. Unnecessary is wasting time and the scientists might be in trouble. Sorry stranger the battle will be postponed.

Arcran
2012-12-17, 06:27 PM
Drake returns the pineco. "Yes you are right Amber and Ken we should see if Medina would heal us and be off. Unnecessary is wasting time and the scientists might be in trouble. Sorry stranger the battle will be postponed.

No, we won't postpone this any longer than it takes to get you healed.. How long will a battle take? Two minutes? Maybe three at most? How urgent is this mission that you can't spend three minutes in a battle?, Jakob mutters, turning to head back to town, leaving the party behind. Man was both a coward and a bad trainer. He needed to get that Pineco from his for its sake.

CosmicOccurence
2012-12-17, 06:53 PM
Anyone Looking for a Healer
Medina is nowhere to be found if you look for her, but the female psychic (that Jakob already knows) offers to fully heal your mons for $100 each.

2400 exp split how you like among active mons.

Plans gets another 210.

As always this is before modifiers.

Arcran
2012-12-17, 06:56 PM
Jakob waits by the healer until Drake arrives. He did technically owe him. He'd healed his Pineco for him.

Hey, I need two Pokemon healed. That's 200. Guess how much a Potion costs? he says, looking at the trainer with not an ounce of respect.

Kantolin
2012-12-17, 07:20 PM
"Okay!"

Ken abruptly hoisted his very surprised machop into the air, patting him on the head. "Way to go, Kleid! You bulldoze'd with the best of them!"

He gave the machop a noogie, elicting laughter as he set his pokemon down. All was forgiven... for now. He'd put extra effort into his next victory dance.

Ken then knelt by Solvering. "First battle, Solvering. Not too bad?"

"Phan!"

Ken returned the two of them, patting Viktor. "Thanks for being there, buddy. Always a helpful anchor."

The pair headed back to town, to be healed.

~~~~~~~~~~

Ken inhaled, and exhaled at Jakob's statement, but shook his head.

"Luxury balls cost 1000." He stated to the psychic, holding it forward. "Will this work to heal all our pokemon? I don't think we have ten who were hurt."

He bit his lip; he'd spent a lot of effort getting that luxury ball, but well... this was more important. They had to get moving.

CosmicOccurence
2012-12-17, 07:25 PM
The psychic happily takes the luxury ball from Ken and heals all the pokemon that need it. Don't forget to stop by if you come back this way. I can always use buisness, and its sure to go down now that the pack is gone. Sadness flashed in her eyes, there were always hurt people when they were hunting.

Kantolin
2012-12-17, 07:31 PM
Ken opened his mouth, and shut it.

Stared at her for a few moments.

Open his mouth and shut it again.

Did another stare.

Then turned around. "Okay!" He said, more forcefully than he probably needed to, fists clenched tightly. He nodded to Leon, Amber, and Drake. "We should get moving, then."

Arcran
2012-12-17, 07:31 PM
Jakob looks at the bulky man with new-found respect.

"Thanks, Ken, was it? Thanks for that, he says, glad that his team was healed. I owe you one.

Now you! he says, glaring at Drake. Let's do that battle.

Kantolin
2012-12-17, 08:02 PM
Ken sighed. "Jakob, we really don't have time for another battle - we have a job to do that could be hurting a wide array of people and pokemon during this spent time. We don't even know what further complications we may end up running into - and can't afford to heal our pokemon /again/."

He shook his head; his voice was a bit worn, but not really angry. "I'm sorry that you're upset, but we really have to get moving. Thank you for the help against the gulpin, though."

Arcran
2012-12-17, 08:05 PM
What the hell is so important that you can't spend two minutes on a battle?

And I'll pay for healing either way, so that's out of the way. You'll need a better excuse than that.

Kantolin
2012-12-17, 08:22 PM
Ken placed one oversized hand on his forehead.

"We're Devon employees." He said, keeping his voice level. "There have been a series of problems therein which have cut off the power plant from the outside world. All of the scientists therein are in questionable states of health, while from the sounds of it, the pokemon therein are causing a localized problem of greater magnitude than even the pack. Every living thing near the power plant is likely to be in danger, and whatever is driving these pokemon into a frenzy could be even worse."

He shook his head. "Thus. We need to go. You can have your battle when we're done, as we need to go, and now."

Arcran
2012-12-17, 08:26 PM
Ken placed one oversized hand on his forehead.

"We're Devon employees." He said, keeping his voice level. "There have been a series of problems therein which have cut off the power plant from the outside world. All of the scientists therein are in questionable states of health, while from the sounds of it, the pokemon therein are causing a localized problem of greater magnitude than even the pack. Every living thing near the power plant is likely to be in danger, and whatever is driving these pokemon into a frenzy could be even worse."

He shook his head. "Thus. We need to go. You can have your battle when we're done, as we need to go, and now."

Jakob lets out a low whistle. That sounded bad. Pretty damn bad. But, can't give something for nothing. That kid was different. The kid had been nice initially. But these two? One was a whiny kid who couldn't handle a fair battle, the other an abusive trainer. Helping these people? He'd need payment for that.

Sounds like you guys are up for some trouble. How'd you like a highly skilled Capture Specialist on the team? For the cost of a short three minute battle you can have one, Jakob says, leaning back.

Or if that's too much work, just give me the Pineco. Consider it my share of whatever money you guys are earning. Do we have ourselves a deal?

planswalker
2012-12-18, 12:19 AM
Volta really learned from the brutal workout the fight put her through, granting her all sorts of new insights. Leon will forgo paying someone else to heal his 'mon and instead have Nicolai use his charged-up sparking moves to heal her.

Leon will stay silent over the whole "battle for the pineco" thing. He was currently pissed off at Drake and still smarted at the dirty tricks that new guy pulled in a "friendly" battle. He didn't care who ended up with what, but he also thought Ken's insistence that two minutes mattered was absurd. It'll take them six days to get there. It's not like stopping for a two minute battle is actually going to matter. If they feel the need to make up the time, they can always just... you know... walk a little faster or eat an extra meal on the go.

Major
2012-12-18, 01:02 AM
A sigh escaped Amber's lips as she finished reading the medical instruction kit, "On the upside I think I get how this medical kit works so I can provide some basic healing." She states trying to change the subject. "On a side note, I realize that my saying this probably doesn't matter...especially with a capture specialist who wants to catch them all and a trainer that probably feels the same way, but perhaps it wouldn't hurt to let the Pinco decide...It did chose to listen and despite it grumping at Drake it hasn't run off. While trades and friendly teamwork are one thing, it seems a bit wrong to battle with a pokemon on the line as if it is some sort of prize with no regards to its feelings..."

Amber holds up a pokeball, "For example, a trade. I happen to have two Ledian who are both friends. As such, since we are traveling together, I figured it'd add a bit of a connection in the sense that as our pokemon get along HOPEFULLY we can as well. So, anyone want to trade a Ledian for something? Or, alternatively, Mr. Capture Specialist, how about I let you hold onto my Ledian, you can see if the Pinco even WANTS to leave, and if not you can come along and make sure the Pinco is treated fairly."

Arcran
2012-12-18, 01:05 AM
A sigh escaped Amber's lips as she finished reading the medical instruction kit, "On the upside I think I get how this medical kit works so I can provide some basic healing." She states trying to change the subject. "On a side note, I realize that my saying this probably doesn't matter...especially with a capture specialist who wants to catch them all and a trainer that probably feels the same way, but perhaps it wouldn't hurt to let the Pinco decide...It did chose to listen and despite it grumping at Drake it hasn't run off. While trades and friendly teamwork are one thing, it seems a bit wrong to battle with a pokemon on the line as if it is some sort of prize with no regards to its feelings..."

Amber holds up a pokeball, "For example, a trade. I happen to have two Ledian who are both friends. As such, since we are traveling together, I figured it'd add a bit of a connection in the sense that as our pokemon get along HOPEFULLY we can as well. So, anyone want to trade a Ledian for something? Or, alternatively, Mr. Capture Specialist, how about I let you hold onto my Ledian, you can see if the Pinco even WANTS to leave, and if not you can come along and make sure the Pinco is treated fairly."

Jakob considers the offer, but finds that he'd rather try to secure the safety of the Pineco before trying for the Ledian.

Let's let him speak first, he says, gesturing at Drake.

Major
2012-12-18, 01:13 AM
"Why not like the Pinco speak first..." Amber mumbles.

Arcran
2012-12-18, 01:18 AM
"Why not like the Pinco speak first..." Amber mumbles.

Because it is in the Pokeball at the moment. If Drake would kindly let it out, we can let it decide. Would that make you happy?

Major
2012-12-18, 01:31 AM
"It'd be better than making a demand of 'Let's fight and winner gets to decide this pokemon's fate without its input'." Amber replies. "I'm sure you wouldn't like it if I challenged Drake to a battle and said 'If I win, Jakob has to come with us' without ever asking your opinion as if you were merely a prize."

Arcran
2012-12-18, 01:38 AM
This one was smart! The remark actually coaxed a small smile out of Jakob.

That's true. I'm sorry, I was focusing more on getting it away from a bad trainer than thinking about its feelings. My apologies.

Major
2012-12-18, 03:04 AM
"Wait what?" Amber blinked surprised. Holy hell, this guy actually apologized and didn't start a huge agreement. Oh thank Arceus. "Holy hell, I like this guy. I think I WILL battle someone to bring this guy along." She says jokingly.

Asdfth
2012-12-18, 11:08 AM
Drake arrives at the healer. He looks at Jackob and throws him a potion. "Before you stole Top I was going to heal him. Drake heard his offer "Since you offered I will gladly yet you heal me and my Pokemon please pay the healer 400 for me, Iragore, Nightingale, and Top. After Drake and his Pokemon are healed he keeps Top out. "Top since this man is persistent who do you wish to go with?"

CosmicOccurence
2012-12-19, 02:41 AM
After a minute of consideration, the pineco stays with Drake, but shoots him a look that practically shouts "Don't you EVER tell me to do that again." Apparently it was willing to give Drake a second chance, but that didn't mean it was happy with him.

Arcran
2012-12-19, 02:43 AM
Jakob rolls his eyes, stunned by the Pineco's stupidity.

Alright. Got anything else to get me to come along?

Asdfth
2012-12-19, 10:17 AM
"Thank you Top." He then returned the Pineco. "The only thing I can think of is that Devon will probably pay you for your services"

Arcran
2012-12-19, 12:01 PM
I guess that will have to do, Jakob says, disappointed all around with this situation.

When do we leave?

Major
2012-12-19, 04:43 PM
"If you like catching pokemon then the fact that you'd be traveling around with a breeder and a few others should be good motivation." Amber says with a shrug.

Arcran
2012-12-19, 04:50 PM
What the hell. Not like I have anything better to do. But don't expect to just turn my Pokemon into sex slaves. I've seen what you Breeders do, he says with a wink.

Major
2012-12-19, 07:01 PM
"Don't worry, that's what all you guys are for." Amber says jokingly before turning back to the group, "Alright, now that the drama is settled let's try and get official introductions out the way and get back on the road." She said before releasing each of her pokemon and introducing them to everyone.

Magikarp, Ledianx2, Audino, Togetic, Ditto, Beedrill

Arcran
2012-12-19, 07:04 PM
Jakob scans the Pokemon with a smile.

Nice team, he says with a nod. When are we heading out?

Major
2012-12-19, 07:14 PM
"No idea, I'm just here for the support and helping raise pokemon. Mind if I see yours?" Amber asks.

Arcran
2012-12-19, 07:34 PM
All in good time. Can't go and show off all my tricks, can I? Jakob says with a small grin. Surprises are way more fun, aren't they?

Major
2012-12-19, 07:37 PM
A soft sigh escapes Amber's lips as she recalls her pokemon, "Not really, but they are your pokemon. Helps work better with a team to know what each person is capable of." She says with a shrug.

planswalker
2012-12-20, 12:57 AM
"I'm sure we'll all get to know each others' pokemon quite well given enough time together. For now, let's get going." Leon suggests.

Asdfth
2012-12-20, 09:58 AM
"Yes I agree with Leon we should leave now. Plus I got a somewhat current map of the cave."

CosmicOccurence
2012-12-20, 02:59 PM
If you open the map to examine the map, you see a rather basic, yet effective, map of Rusturf Tunnel. The only writing on it is one cave labled "Whismur Colony."

Map (https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1QJ_73wJo2OlN_sB2rXven6-77YYZkbPN2F7WP0F59bQ/edit)

Kantolin
2012-12-20, 03:32 PM
"Nice having you along then, Jakob. Let's get moving."

Ken tried to peek at the map as they walked, but being short was a detriment to 'looking over someone's shoulder'. Still, he shrugged. "Whismur colony?" He questioned, having never heard of a whismur.

Viktor was enjoying the walk.

Arcran
2012-12-20, 04:01 PM
Jakob walks along, Rhopa fluttering at his side, pondering whether he should catch a Whismur or not.

planswalker
2012-12-20, 06:20 PM
"Dunno what a "whismur" is, but if it comes in colonies, it's probably a pokemon."

CosmicOccurence
2012-12-23, 01:15 PM
You reach the mouth of the cave right before night falls. About 10 minutes back, there was a shack whose only purpose appeared to be to shelter travelers from the elements. You have two options: spend the night in the shack, or press on into the cave at night.

Here's the deal for travelling through dangerous locations. Somebody rolls a 1d100. The lower you get, the harder the encounter. Higher is easier, and if you get high enough, you won't encounter any battles. Everybody in the party can choose one of three options: 1)Subtract your Con modifier, 2) Add your Int modifier, or 3) not affect the roll. There is a cap for how much the roll can be modified. At night, the roll receives an automatic -10.

This does not replace your optional roll to search out wilds during a day, but instead occurs during travel. Note that using a roll to search for wilds does take time from travelling.

Arcran
2012-12-23, 06:08 PM
Should we press on for this extremely urgent and time dependent mission? Jakob says, mostly sarcastic.

Major
2012-12-24, 03:52 PM
"On one hand I'd prefer getting to those people quickly..." Amber says thinking, "On the other hand, if we race ahead and get exhausted and pass-out we won't be much help to the people at the plant, especially with the dangers of traveling at night." She notes, ignoring the man's sarcasm. "And saving lives IS a rather urgent mission. If you disagree, you don't have to come along."

planswalker
2012-12-24, 07:31 PM
"You can't have it both ways. Either every minute counts and we need to press on or we had the time to let them have their pissing match of a battle. I think, as long as we stop gratuitously exploding our own 'mons, that we're capable of handling this cave as-is and our time is more valuable."

Major
2012-12-24, 07:50 PM
"I realize we can't have it both ways, doesn't mean we can't WANT it both ways." Amber says wit ha shrug, "I'm all for pressing on, we just gotta make sure to be careful, retreat when we have to, etc etc."

Asdfth
2012-12-25, 11:52 PM
"It seems it's decided that we move on.

CosmicOccurence
2012-12-26, 12:04 AM
The cave is quite dark as you travel through it. Your pokegears light up your immediate surroundings, and if you choose to use a glow pokemon, you can see a decent amount of the area in front of and behind you.

I edited the map of the tunnel to be editable (there is a link on the pad) figure out which route you plan on using to get through.

Also, due to fatigue, you will take a -1 on all d20 rolls that consult one of your trainer stats (including arm attack AC rolls, rolls for class features, and things like perception checks).

Somebody roll a 1d100 for this leg of the journey, and everyone needs to choose how they're going to affect that roll (if they choose to).

Major
2012-12-26, 01:20 AM
[roll0]

Edit: shiiiiiit

Amber nods, "So it seems...we'll probably want to rest in the next town where it is safer." She says with a yawn.

Kantolin
2012-12-26, 05:58 AM
"Yeah."

Ken tried to keep himself and Viktor by the front, just in case. "Let's try to hurry through this cave, then."

Arcran
2012-12-26, 12:16 PM
Jakob pulls out Pokeballs, putting a Great Ball in his left and a Quick Ball in his right. Maybe he could end whatever attacks in one round.

planswalker
2012-12-26, 11:06 PM
Leon will call out Nicolai to provide light.

"I know some of y'all will give me strange looks for saying this, but perhaps its best if we avoid that "whismur colony". If it was worth marking on the map, I don't think they'll be cuddly little pink puffballs who want to help us out."

Asdfth
2012-12-27, 01:47 PM
"You are right Leon since there are on great number we should avoid them.

CosmicOccurence
2012-12-28, 07:24 PM
The cave is filled with a constant, and rather loud, jumble of noised. Cries of many different pokemon echo throughout long sections of the tunnel. The dark stone walls are rough and stalagmites and stalactites occasionally appear.

Suddenly, the electrical glow your party sees by illuminates several angry pokemon in front of the group. Two of them appear to be masses of fur, one red humanoid looks like it might have come from a volcano, and another two appear to be small dragon pokemon with black and blue skin. As you see them, a distince rumbling comes up on the group from behind. Three quadrupeds with large neck shields and horns run up and paw the floor of the cavern angrily. Off their backs jump two small brown pokemon with a spine on their heads.

The air stills for a moment as it often does before a large brawl occurs.

Map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Al4jVK75mdpjdG95aHB6dFpGR3JQTTVrdUpVOXBGZ Xc#gid=0) You may place your characters anywhere in the box.

Give me the speeds of any mon you have out or release.

I wish you all the best of luck.

Arcran
2012-12-28, 08:03 PM
Jakob instantly springs into action. He drops the Quick Ball in his left hand, spinning to gain momentum, then kicks the ball, sending it straight at one of the blue and black dragons.

Targeting Blk 1.
[roll0]
-20 Quick Ball, -3 Conditional Advantage, -1 Capture Speciliast

In the same motion he tosses Momo's Pokeball, the large Slowpoke appearing sluggishly.

Alright Momo! Be ready to get hit! Use Yawn!

The Slowpoke obliges, yawning lazily.

Should hit all but Brn1.

Jakob then begins rapidly scanning his foes.

Major
2012-12-28, 09:18 PM
Amber throws her only pokeball at the other of the dragon pokemon before tapping a pokeball to release Morph the Ditto, "Copy the red thing!" She said as she started trying to scan pokemon, starting with the red one so that she could know what to order Morph to do.

Ditto:
50/50 HP
Def/SDef: 8
Speed: 5

Transform

Pokeball
[roll0] vs Dragon

Asdfth
2012-12-29, 08:40 AM
Drake eyes widen upon seeing the dragons that would be excellent addition to the team." Drake toss a ball at the one Amber targeted in hopes that she failed at catching it Drake sent out nightingale in front of him.

[roll0] C'mon dice

planswalker
2012-12-30, 11:04 PM
Leon will throw a pokeball at Brn 2 and command Nicolai to charge up, readying to attack.

[roll0]

Nicolai (speed 4) will use charge, boosting sdef by 1 and super-charging an electric attack next turn.

Arcran
2013-01-01, 12:51 AM
"Alright," Ken shouts, releasing Viktor. Give us a Reflect little guy! Keep us safe! Help out that pink guy! he says, releasing the Pokemon after Momo uses Yawn.

Viktor obliges, creating a semi-solid wall, surrounding Momo and he on all sides but one.

Rounds: [roll0]
Bottom and sides of their little rectangle, leave off top.

CosmicOccurence
2013-01-01, 01:44 AM
As the lot of you rain pokeballs down upon the attacking pokemon, they begin their assault. Only one of the black dragons disappears inside a ball, the quickball that Jakob had thrown.

The red humanoid shoots a ring of fire at Morph, which lassos it for 26 damage and traps it. The furballs follow up and lob large spheres of mud at the congregated group. Though one is a dud, it hits Ken and Leon for 36 damage and gets in their eyes (need +1 accuracy). Nicolai seems to avoid the attack by what Leon recognizes as his levitate ability. One of the brown mons cries out loudly, causing Momo and Viktor to suffer from -2 Def stages while the other starts a Sandstorm.
Sandstorm. Y'all loose 1/16 of your health at the start each round unless you're special and happen to be rock, steel, or ground type. So subtract that from your health before you post. Rock mons get effective +2 spDef CS

Then, Morph transforms into a firey little copy of the red mon while Nicolai charges up an attack and Viktor hurries to defend Momo.

Amber Moves: Smog, Ember, Smokescreen, Faint Attack, Fire Spin, Clear Smog. Overland 4

The remaining black dragon shoots a ball of pure draconic energy at Jakob, which connects for 40 damage. Then, the rocky quadrapeds start to move. One attempts to gore Ken with its horn, but fails to connect due to a quick dodge by the small man. The other two, howling at the bright light, smash their feet into the little pink mon doing 68 damage between the two of them. Then, Momo gets off his yawn and the mons surrounding it become drowsy, ready to fall asleep.

planswalker
2013-01-01, 01:59 AM
The area-effect ground moves could quickly off the trainers if they weren't stopped, so Leon has Nicolai approach Furry 1 and deliver a supercharged spark of power to it.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Arcran
2013-01-01, 03:11 AM
The jet of dragon fire did not make Jakob's life an easier, almost dropping him to the ground in fiery agony. He just stays standing, just barely.

Rammus, you're up! Hit that Pokemon with Poison Sting! he shouts, pointing his Sandshrew forward, knowing the howling winds of the sandstorm would not affect him.

Can somebody fix the weather? he shouts, lobbing a Great Ball at the dragon as soon as Rammus makes contact.

While Momo is hurt by the storm, his reaction to the pain likely won't come for at least a few seconds.

Also, do we have a Medic? I could use a little help here!

Poison Sting on Blk 2!
AC: 2 [roll0] 17-20 Poison

Capture: Great Ball
[roll3]

Asdfth
2013-01-02, 11:57 AM
Drake summons Nightingale at K39. "Nightingale use sleep to reduce their numbers."
Speed 8
[roll0]ACC11+SPD

Kantolin
2013-01-02, 01:43 PM
Whack the enemy... fix the weather.

Ken wasn't sure which was the smarter response - the time spent fixing the weather could be spent punching something, and it'd basically lock down both he and his pokemon simultaneously... and that pokemon looked like it was made of stone.

But... wait. Yawn. Okay, hopefully things would cool off. Ken gritted his teeth, eyeing the rest of the group - especially Jakob. Weather needed to change.

"Keep it up, Viktor." He called out, sending out Kleid. "Kleid! Wash away this sand!"

Ken sends out Kleid(Machop), and has him use rain dance to get rid of the sand.

Major
2013-01-03, 03:50 PM
Amber bit her lip as she tried to think of what moves to use. "Uhhh try 'smog' behind the furry things!" Amber said. Smog sounded like it could be useful.

Morph shift to H43
Smog on G39 to hit both furs.

[roll0] vs 5
Smog creates a 3-meter Blast. Smog Poisons all Legal Targets on 13-20 during Accuracy Check.

[roll1]
Crit Damage: 7 (See ooc for crit roll)

CosmicOccurence
2013-01-04, 12:42 AM
Jakob's greatball failed to even hit its target, but instead smashed into the ground and split into several jagged shards. Your pokedexes beep, and identify the pokemon as magby, deinio, larvitar, rhyhorn, and swinub.

The magby launches a toxic cloud of smoke into the air, which does 15 special poison damage and poisons Morph, Nicolai, Amber, Leon, and Drake. The two swinubs launch flurries of snow into the fray. One burst flies wide, but the other hits Nicolai for 24 ice special damage. Then nightengale bursts into song and lulls the magby and swinubs into sleep.

Then, out of the ground burst two more pokemon. One, a small dragon pokemon launches a ball of draconic energy at nicolai, which hits for 40 damage. The other, was a sight to behold. Hunks of giant crystals as large as a human torso connected together to form a giant serpent of light blue crystals.

NIIIIIIX it roared, as it quickly coils itself around Ken, as it does 26 damage and traps him.

Morph launches a smoky at the enemies in the front, and poisoned several of the mons, including the swinubs, magby, and the newest dragon to arrive. Nicolai's attack splutters against the swinub, who you now know is a ground type. Kleid's rain clears the air of the gritty sand that was wearing the rest of you down, and washes away some of the grit from the road. The deinio lets out a scary roar, which scares Nightengale and forces her to be returned. Rammus joins the battle by slamming a barb into the denio.

Arcran
2013-01-04, 12:53 AM
Jakob curses loudly, jumping back from the massive crystalline snake. He quickly moves into action, ordering Rammus forward.

"Rammus, hit him hard! Bulldoze!" he shouts, waving his Sandshrew forward.

Rammus slams his hands into the ground, creating small tremors.

Jakob lobs a Greatball after Rammus attacks, putting a little extra spin on it for optimal capture conditions.

Rammus uses Bulldoze!
AC: 2 [roll0]
-1 Speed Stage
[roll1] Physical Ground
[roll2] Crit

Jakob will use Curve Ball on his Greatball, doing a whole 2 damage to the crystal Pokemon.

[roll3]

LEAVE THE SNAKE TO ME! Jakob shouts. I can handle it! You take the rest!

planswalker
2013-01-04, 02:06 AM
With himself now poisoned and Nicolai taken out, Leon isn't liking the looks of the odds around here. He'll throw another ball in desperation at a larvesta. He'll then quickly switch out Nicolai for Volta, whom he places between himself and the magby and swinub.

"Throw some confusion onto their ranks." Leon commands.

Volta obediently unleases a confusing column or rays that pass through the Magby and the Swinub on the right, confusing them.

[roll0]

Asdfth
2013-01-04, 08:52 AM
Drake moves to M44 and summons Iragore at M40 "Use scratch on the dragon. After the attack Drake will throw a ball at the Deino.

Speed 10
[roll0] 2+Def Normal Attack
[roll1]
[roll2]

Major
2013-01-04, 05:13 PM
Amber coughed weakly. The sandstorm and the poison were starting to hurt. "Morph, fire spin on the sleeping uhhh..." She looks at her pokedex, "Larvitar!"

Fire Spin on Larvitar 1
[roll0] vs 4
[roll1]

Trap: [roll2]

Throwing great ball at sleeping, trapped larvitar :P

[roll3]

CosmicOccurence
2013-01-08, 02:30 PM
None of the greatballs thrown by you managed to capture anything, mostly due to the chaotic nature of the battle.

Sleep holds most of the combatants in its thrall, and morph's poison begins to take its toll on the swinubs and magby. The dragon launches a blast of sand at Drake while the rhyhorn and deinio converge on him. He falls under the onslaught of blows, and he falls to the ground, neck twisted gruesomely.

The conscious larvitar deals 39 damage to morph by physically throwing rocks at it. It also flinches the ditto.

Ken takes another 3 damage from the crystal monolith, and it throws a barrage of rocks at the little sandshrew that attacked it dealing 38 damage.

[url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Al4jVK75mdpjdG95aHB6dFpGR3JQTTVrdUpVOXBGZ Xc#gid=0]Map[url]

Arcran
2013-01-08, 07:31 PM
Muk! Jakob curses, seeing multiple Pokemon converge on him. He couldn't handle this many! And Rammus needed a few seconds to recharge his main attack! Fumbling for Rhopa's Pokeball, Jakob sends out the Butterfree.

Rhopa, put them to sleep! he shouts, pointing at where the Deino and Rhyhorn are.

The Butterfree obliges, scattering spores centered on Drake's dead body.

Sleep Powder
[roll0]
AC: 6

After the attack successfully hits, Jakob launches a ball at the Rhyhorn, putting some spin on to try to knock it away from full health.

2 damage.
[roll1]

Rammus, hold in there! You can take a hit from it!

Major
2013-01-08, 09:34 PM
"Return Morph..." Amber said recalling the knocked out ditto, "Go...ummm...Joy. Use refresh." Amber said needing to get rid of the poison as she tossed another ball at the larvitar.

Great Ball at larvitar [roll0]

Refresh on Amber

planswalker
2013-01-08, 11:23 PM
Leon will throw a pokeball at one of the swinubs, thinking their typing would be useful.

[roll0]

Volta will then fire a powerful stream of water at the magby.

[roll1]
[roll2]

CosmicOccurence
2013-01-10, 10:22 AM
While Leon's and Jakob's balls miss their targets, Amber manages to hit the Larvitar squarely, and after a few seconds of frenzied battling, you all here a ding signifying a successful capture. At the same time, your pokedexes bring back information on the two new pokemon - gible and onix, but the onix has a large question mark next to its name and no information on type, height/weight, or usual behavior.

The magby falls unconscious under the jet of water that Volta launches at it, which one of the swinubs sees as it wakes up, and it sends a volley of ice at Volta doing 26 special ice damage. The other swinub remains sleeping, and the poison is obviously starting to take a toll on them.

The onix flexes its muscles, and Ken cries out in pain as his body twisted into an unmanagable position as the gible finished him off by throwing himself at the martial artist with wild abandon. The other larvitar glares at Joy, and lowers her defense combat stage 1 Stage. One of the rhyhorns next to momo wakes up, and slams one of its feet into it, doing 36 normal physical damage, and flinching the slowpoke, who was no longer protected by the reflection barrier.

Map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Al4jVK75mdpjdG95aHB6dFpGR3JQTTVrdUpVOXBGZ Xc&pli=1#gid=0)

planswalker
2013-01-10, 10:57 AM
Glad to see some progress at last, Leon will throw a pokeball at the still-sleeping swinub.

[roll0]

He then directs Volta to fire a stream of water at the conscious swinub.

[roll1]
[roll2]

Major
2013-01-10, 03:31 PM
Amber thinks for a minute and gets an idea, "Joy, come back." She says calling back the Audino. What she was going to do was risky and she could only hope it worked.

"Sunny, blast the piggies!"

If the attack hit and assuming the swinub are still alive (most likely) Amber tosses one of the crappier pokeballs at one of the Swinub hoping to take it out of the fight.

Switch out Joy for Sunny, Sunny shift three squares into the air and fire a hidden power rock three squares above the pokemon. 3m burst above them should miss Volta

[roll0] vs 3 on both swinub
[roll1]

Pokeball at Swinub 2, all those status ailments should help...
[roll2]
Edit: nope, they won't

Arcran
2013-01-10, 09:09 PM
Jakob looks at Momo. He had to help his Slowpoke but there was no way he could both save Momo and protect himself.

Hang in there buddy! he shouts, sad that he could not protect his own.

Rammus, help us out here! Hit as many as you can! he shouts, gesturing towards the Rhyhorn, Deino, and Crystalix trio.

The Sandshrew obliges, slamming his tiny paws down once again.

AC: 2 [roll0] -1 Speed Stage
Should hit Onix, Deino, Rhyhorn, and Gible.

After the attack, Jakob lobs another Pokeball at the Rhyhorn.

[roll3]

CosmicOccurence
2013-01-11, 01:34 AM
As attacks land and pokeballs fly, both swinubs and one of the rhyhorns disappear permanantly into the balls you throw, and both the onix and gible seem to be holding on to consciousness by very thin margins.

It seems though, that these mons will fight to the end. The gible launches itself at Leon, and does 29 damage. The crystal onix whips its tail at Rammsus and deals 50 normal physical damage. The Larvitar goes after sunny and deals 24 physical normal damage. The remaning denio wakes up with the blast of earth and launches an attack at the same time the rhyhorn does. They do 33 rock physical damage to Momo, but the bite of the Deinio just misses Jakob's leg.

Map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Al4jVK75mdpjdG95aHB6dFpGR3JQTTVrdUpVOXBGZ Xc&pli=1#gid=0)

Arcran
2013-01-11, 01:41 AM
HOLD ON RAMMUS! MOMO, I'M COMING AS FAST AS I CAN!

Jakob flinches as Momo went down and Rammus barely weathered the powerful blow from the Onix. He had to end this now. He looks at the Pokemon trying to bite his leg off. He'd have to risk it. Unless he caught this Onix, they were done for. It simply did to much damage.

Squint, go! he shouts, lobbing out his Ekans. Paralyze it!

The Ekans obliges, glaring at the mighty beast with his tiny beady eyes.

AC: 3 [roll0]

Whether or not Squint succeeds, Jakob lobs his best chance of capturing the beast, his Timer Ball.

[roll1]

He prepares for the Deino to attack, bracing for the bite to drop him.

planswalker
2013-01-11, 01:56 AM
Leon will recall Volta in favor of Big Boss, his newly-caught gulpin, whom he brings out on the larvitar's left to box it in. The gulpin yawns, making the 'mon drowsy.

Major
2013-01-11, 06:39 PM
Amber cursed. Somehow the little guy had hit Sunny and had done just enough damage to take her out of the action. "Damn it...Omega, go!" Amber said hoping nobody was paying attention to the fact that she just sent out a magikarp.

"Tackle the Gible!" Amber called out.

Magikarp, tackle Gible
[roll0] vs 3
[roll1]

CosmicOccurence
2013-01-11, 07:00 PM
The crystal onix disappears inside Jakob's ball; it thrashed in the air, but in the end landed with a resounding pinging sound.

Omega knocks the Gible out of action, and the mons respond ferociously. Panicked, the Larvitar dashes off, but falls to the ground sleeping before it can make it too far. The two rhyhorns split up. One does 33 normal physical damage to squint with its horns, while the other, unable to make it to the battle, lowers Omega's defense by 1 CS . The Deinio breaths what appears to be black fire at Volta doing 29 dragon special damage.

Arcran
2013-01-11, 07:18 PM
Jakob grins as the Onix disappears into the Pokeball. As the others flee he refuses to let them leave without a fight. He looks at the Deino next to him, still trying to fight.

Squint, Glare! he cries, pointing at the fleeing Rhyhorn. Squint slithers away from the beast, staring it down as it does so.
[roll0] AC: 2 2/3 Successful Uses
[roll1]

Jakob then slams a Pokeball into the Deino, trying to add to his growing collection.

[roll2]

Major
2013-01-12, 12:27 AM
"Omega charge the sleeping Larvitar and knock it one." Amber said as she grabbed another pokeball. She didn't really need two, but if the two were friends or family she didn't want to separate them.

[roll0] vs 3
[roll1]

Pokeball [roll2] vs sleeping larvitar

Edit: Normally two ones would piss me off...but I'll take that.

planswalker
2013-01-12, 07:50 PM
Big Boss, Leon's currently active pokemon, will shift over to line up with rhyhorn 2 and spew forth a column of sludge at it.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Leon will follow through with another pokeball at Big Boss's target.

[roll2]

CosmicOccurence
2013-01-12, 08:25 PM
They Rhyhorn, Deinio and Larvitar are all captured by you balls. The last rhyhorn, seeing it's defeat, bows its head in submission. You have won, but the price was quite high.

Samantha's warning that the tunnel was more dangerous rings in Leon and Amber's ears. Obviously she was right.

Congratulations. I'll have xp and such on pad tonight or tomorrow. In the meantime, feel free to clean up here.

Arcran
2013-01-12, 08:30 PM
Jakob grins widely. They'd done it! They'd won!

But then he looks around. Looks at the battered and broken bodies. He hadn't known them, they hadn't been his friends. Still, two dead was never good.

Silently he walks up to the final Rhyhorn, Pokeball in hand. He taps on the Pokemon's thick hide with a Pokeball, trying to catch it.

Not sure if I need it, but here [roll0]

Jakob hustles over to Momo, returning him.

I'm sorry, he mutters, feeling bad that he had forced his friend to be knocked unconscious simply to gain an edge. He also returns Squint, his Ekans being heavily damaged as well. Willy too; that tail had hurt. Rhopa flutters closer to him, staying by his side.

He hustles over to the unconcious Gible, twitching and unconscious on the ground as the Poison seeps through its veins. He pulls out an Antidote, jamming it into the Pokemon. He leaves Rhopa to stand guard and make sure the Pokemon doesn't move. He also scoops up the Magby, letting out Dash to keep the others away from that unconscious form. He'd talk to them upon their awakening.

Finally, Jakob goes around the field picking up the shards of Pokeballs. There were quite a few; more than he would have thought. Still, free stuff for him.

So, what do we do? Do we bury them? If we leave them out something will eat their bodies, Jakob says, pointing at the dead.

planswalker
2013-01-13, 12:08 AM
"Yes, let us make a cairn for them. It's the only decent thing to do."

Arcran
2013-01-13, 12:18 AM
Should we... You know. Take their stuff? Jakob says awkwardly, unsure how to act. Seems a waste to leave it all.

planswalker
2013-01-13, 12:22 AM
"Well, we certainly can't abandon their pokemon out here all alone, and I think it would be our deaths to abandon the supplies they had, though it would feel wrong to take their money or personal belongings. We can survive without that, and some decency is in order. Do the two of you agree?"

Arcran
2013-01-13, 12:27 AM
"Well, we certainly can't abandon their pokemon out here all alone, and I think it would be our deaths to abandon the supplies they had, though it would feel wrong to take their money or personal belongings. We can survive without that, and some decency is in order. Do the two of you agree?"

I agree. Their supplies and Pokemon are one thing; personal belongings is just wrong, Jakob says, releasing Rammus once more.

Can you get us some rocks? Smaller ones, a size that we could build a cairn out of, Jakob says, using his hands to help illustrate for the simple-minded Pokemon.

The Sandshrew must have gotten the bulk of the meaning as it heads over to the wall and begins using his mighty arms to pulverize it, creating small chunks of rock.

Arcran
2013-01-13, 06:38 PM
While Rammus is collecting rocks, he finds something!

Using Pickup.

[roll0]

He finds a Status or Healing item!

Major
2013-01-14, 04:35 PM
Amber let out a deep breath as the fight had finished. She hated fighting and really disliked this tunnel. Now two people were dead and countless pokemon were sick or worse.

"We need to heal up..." Amber said as she got out her first aid kit. She released the barely standing Joy, the Audino, and quickly asked her to heal Morph. Once Morph was back up, Amber quickly hugged the blob pokemon, "I'm so sorry." She says softly, "I know you are tired, but please we need your help." Amber says motioning over the party. "Can you please help Joy with the healing? I'll get you some yummy berry snacks and cook you both a good meal once we are outside this cave and safe." She asks. Although she wasn't the best with her first aid kit and most injuries were a bit too severe, Amber still tried to help as best she could so as to avoid forcing her pokemon to do all the work.

"Um...do you think we are able to save any of these wild pokemon? I know they tried to hurt us but that doesn't mean they have to die."

Devolve roll failed on Omega, Omega is a Gyarados for now. Grrrr.

Pickup roll selected "a pokeball of some type"

Wish/Transform shenanigans while the others are working on the graves.

Arcran
2013-01-14, 04:52 PM
Amber let out a deep breath as the fight had finished. She hated fighting and really disliked this tunnel. Now two people were dead and countless pokemon were sick or worse.

"We need to heal up..." Amber said as she got out her first aid kit. She released the barely standing Joy, the Audino, and quickly asked her to heal Morph. Once Morph was back up, Amber quickly hugged the blob pokemon, "I'm so sorry." She says softly, "I know you are tired, but please we need your help." Amber says motioning over the party. "Can you please help Joy with the healing? I'll get you some yummy berry snacks and cook you both a good meal once we are outside this cave and safe." She asks. Although she wasn't the best with her first aid kit and most injuries were a bit too severe, Amber still tried to help as best she could so as to avoid forcing her pokemon to do all the work.

"Um...do you think we are able to save any of these wild pokemon? I know they tried to hurt us but that doesn't mean they have to die."

Devolve roll failed on Omega, Omega is a Gyarados for now. Grrrr.

Pickup roll selected "a pokeball of some type"

Wish/Transform shenanigans while the others are working on the graves.

Jakob nods, stopping from stacking the stones for a bit.

Sure. I'll work on them, Jakob says, putting the pile of loot from their dead companions on the ground. He looks through the Pokeballs, picking up Kleid, the Horsea, the Pineco, and the Teddiursa. He also grabs their Pokeballs and cash, but leaves the rest of their goods.

I'll take care of them. They won't be too difficult to catch, he says.

Also, anybody want some trades? My Rhyhorn aren't exactly what I'd want; Leon, care to trade for yours? And Amber, I'll trade you a Deino and a Rhyhorn for that Swinub and Larvitar, he says, holding out the proposed Pokeballs.

Whether or not the two take the deal, he uses a Potion on the Magby. He has Rammus and Dash stand guard, waiting for it to become conscious. He decides to use the time to break in his new team members. He lets out the Horsea, Pineco, and Machop. He is about to let out the Teddiursa when Amber stops him, keeping him from letting out the menace.

His new comrades out, he squats next to them.

Hey, he says, looking at them all. I doubt many of you know me, but I'm Jakob. I was traveling with your trainers through the tunnel. While we were traveling we were attacked, as I'm sure at least one of you knows, Jakob says, looking at Kleid. Anyways, your trainers... Well, they didn't make it through the battle, Jakob says, uncomfortable with the whole situation. If you want I can be your new trainer and try to take care of you. I know I can't replace your old trainers, but I can try, Jakob says, sorry to even have to share this news.

CosmicOccurence
2013-01-14, 05:16 PM
The magby wakes up with a start, but when it sees that it has no hope of escaping, it doesn't put up any resistance. Mags?

The pokemon that you 'acquired'' from your companions and have released cry out in agony. Their wails fill the cavern and drown out the constant humming that has been part of this cave since you set foot in it. They hurry to the rock cairns and sit next to them, crying. After a few minutes, they settle down and turn to you, nodding in resignation.

Arcran
2013-01-14, 05:18 PM
The magby wakes up with a start, but when it sees that it has no hope of escaping, it doesn't put up any resistance. Mags?

The pokemon that you 'acquired'' from your companions and have released cry out in agony. Their wails fill the cavern and drown out the constant humming that has been part of this cave since you set foot in it. They hurry to the rock cairns and sit next to them, crying. After a few minutes, they settle down and turn to you, nodding in resignation.

Jakob nods, glad that they can handle the change. He returns them, deciding to give them some time.

Jakob taps the Magby with a Pokeball, then heals the Gible, having Rhopa come out to help as well.

planswalker
2013-01-14, 08:27 PM
"One is much like the other to me, I don't mind at all." Leon says to the offer of trading rhyhorns. Now that a course of action has been decided, he goes about completing the tasks without saying a word. He chooses three of his fallen comrades' pokemon at random and releases them, giving them a chance to grieve. "I am not your original trainers, and I would never dream of replacing them, but if you'll have me, I'll raise you and keep you safe." he says.

CosmicOccurence
2013-01-15, 09:43 PM
Leon
Your pokemon react in the same way Arcs did, but they seem willing to follow you and not live in the past.

Jakob
The magby disappears into the pokeball without issue, as does the gible when you attempt to capture it.

Lv 19 gible, landslide, bold nature, female.
Lv 19 Female magby, flame body, Quirky

When you guys decide to head out, I'll timeskip.

Arcran
2013-01-15, 10:10 PM
Jakob looks around, trying to find a Whismur before he leaves.

[roll0]

Arcran
2013-01-15, 10:17 PM
Jakob attempts to capture said Whismur!

[roll0] This should catch it.
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]

planswalker
2013-01-16, 12:36 AM
Once their duties are attended to for their fallen comrades, Leon will limp out of the cave with what remains of the party.

CosmicOccurence
2013-01-17, 11:03 AM
The rest of the travel through the tunnel remains relatively uneventful. You see a couple woobats, and a diglet, but they won't come near you. Word must have spread in the tunnel about your defeat of the crystalix and his gang, because nobody wanted a piece of you anymore.

It took two more days before you reached sunlight again. While the light might have blinded you at first, liberal use of glow pokemon helped to make the transition from eternal night to bright daylight bearable - if not comfortable. You emerge from what appears to be a carved out arch into the outskirts of a city. Guards stand outside the tunnel, making sure nobody went in that couldn't handle themselves, something you hadn't seen on the other side.

Vendenturf is a small city, but peaceful. Nothing larger than three stories could be found, certainly nothing as monolithic as Devon Headquarters. You see a pokemon center and several shopping centers that would have anything you could want to buy, or you could probably find several local shops that would carry the same merchandise. You breathe easy here, and just standing in the town makes you feel healthier and more energetic.

Arcran
2013-01-17, 07:45 PM
As the group exists the cave Jakob focuses on patching up some Pokeballs, trying to repair two of the Greatballs that had been thrown in the battle.

DC: 15
1: [roll0]
2: [roll1]

Holy ****, two 19s? I fix both I guess.

Jakob shrugs his shoulders, breathing in the clean air. He liked it here. He'd passed through once before and this was probably his favorite place in Hoenn. The clean air let him feel like, just once, that he wasn't going to die at any minute.

The trip through the tunnel had taken its toll. He just needed to sit and relax for a little bit. He ached all over, despite the magical healing of that Ditto. He doesn't even say goodbye to his new companions, simply waving his hand goodbye and walking off. He needed to introduce his new team mates and try to see which ones could be useful to him.

He quickly tries to find someplace secluded in town, releasing his new Pokemon one by one. To each he gives the same schpeal, flanked on either side by Momo and Rammus.

Hey, I'm Jakob. While I know that you likely don't particularly like me at the moment, I captured you in the tunnel. If you behave yourself I will give you more freedom than most other trainers grant their Pokemon. If you'll give me a shot, I'll try to help make the transition from wild to Trainer Pokemon as smooth as possible. I'm a good trainer; as long as you don't hurt anybody, do as you wish, he says to each, and, if they answer in the positive, he gives them a quick pat on the head and gives them their name before returning them. He spends a little bit of extra time with the Pokemon

Jakob feels his money-pouch. He didn't have much, which was a shame. He goes to the Pokemart, purchasing ^800 of whatever spare Pokeball parts they have lying around. He heads out to a high traffic area, trying to find an area where he as well as his monumental team could fit.

Once he does, he lays out a small blanket, calling out much of his team. Momo fills his usual role of a backrest, standing like a stone. Most of his core team begins to nap; Squint and Dash lie down, napping almost right away. Rammus, always vigilant, squats by his trainer, watching his hands work with Pokeballs. He then releases the Pineco, sitting it by his side as he works, occasionally talking to it. Well, not to it, more like at it, but still. It was the thought that counted.

Finally, he sends out Kleid, Rhopa, and Squirt, as well as much of his new team.

The three of you are veterans, alright? I'm going to let out most of the new catches, except the Onix and Teddiursa, of course. I want you guys to keep an eye on them, make sure they don't get out of line. Try to make them feel at home. Wake up Dash and Squint if you need extra help, alright? he says, more than confident that Rhopa could handle anything these guys could throw at her. With that he lets out his new team, the menagerie of Pokemon sure to draw attention.

Finally done, he lays out his new parts in front of him as well as setting down his Pokeball Toolbox.

Custom Pokeballs for sale! Quick, Nest, Net,don't let an inferior ball fail the capture! Carry your Pokemon in style in a Luxury Ball! Order one today for the low price of ^1,000! Best quality you can buy! he says, starting to assemble the basic shell of a ball, leaving out any of the more technical parts that decide the skills of the ball. Get one free if you bring a couple Apricorns!

planswalker
2013-01-17, 11:00 PM
The first thing Leon will do when he sees Verdanturf is get to the pokemon center to get all of his team looked at.

Major
2013-01-18, 10:23 AM
As Amber arrived at the town she grinned. While it wasn't her home town, it was very close and just to the east of town was the breeder couple that had trained her. It was good to be this close to them and she couldn't wait to see them.

As the group split up to do their thing, Amber quickly looked for a nice open spot to sit down and get to work on the promise she had made Joy and Morph. With a soft hum, she started taking out her pots and pans and started mixing in berries and other ingredients to try and cook some tasty food for her pokemon.

Once she finished cooking, Amber nodded. She had done better this time than last time. Only a little had gotten wasted and she had twice the amount of food she had expected. Amber released Joy and Morph from their pokeballs to feed them the home cooked meal as she pondered who else to give the other two meals for.

"OH!" Amber said quickly releasing Omega and feeding her a nice tasty home cooked meal. "Thanks for being willing to go back to a Magikarp. We'll show that even as a Magikarp you can kick ass!"

Finally, Amber released Sunny and feed her the final meal as she scratched the Togetic behind her ears. "Alright everyone, once you are all done eating we'll meet our new friends and then go meet some old friends."

Cooking result!
[roll0]

Home Cooking
Prerequisites: Breeder
Daily – Every 10 levels gained, you may perform this Feature another time per day.
Effect: Roll 1d4 and add your WIS modifier. The total represents the amount of food portions you make for humans and or Pokemon, feeding them for the whole day. Pokemon that eat your food have their mood towards you slightly increased. You know what dietary needs a Pokemon has.

CosmicOccurence
2013-01-19, 12:02 AM
Jakob
Your new pokemon seem to react well to your speech, and the newly caught wilds gave you no trouble. Hestia and Kleid hit it off quickly, and they spend most of their time chattering away with each other.

While hawking your wares, business is good, but not overwhelming. Enough trainers venture into Rusturf tunnel for training and wild hunting that you are able to sell as many balls as you make.

A few people bring apricorns to trade for balls. You get several offers including:

2 Reds and a Green for a Quick Ball
A Pink, Red, Blue, and White for a Luxury Ball
Two Greens for an Ultra Ball
One Black and 3 Yellows for a Great Ball
One blue for a Timer Ball
Two Pinks, A Green, Blue, White, and Three Blacks for a Luxury, Timer and Great Ball.

Amber
Your pokemon love the work you do with food, and what you offer them is quickly gobbled up. Though it seems sad to no longer be a giant sea serpent, Omega seems excited to prove the world wrong about it.

About when you finish eating, a cocky young boy struts up to you with a cocky smile on his face. You a trainer? You certainly look like one, though your pokemon are kind of pathetic. Care for a battle? I'd wager some money on a battle with those pokemon. How about it?

He fingers a pokeball at his belt, in anticipation of what he marks as an easy win.

Leon
You are greeted with a happy bell tolling when you enter the center as two young chimechos announce your entrance. A nurse quickly hurries up to you and declares your team healthy after a quick examination, though she didn't run them through the healing machine.

Most of the people in the waiting area seem to be gathered around the TV, which is airing the evening news.

planswalker
2013-01-19, 02:08 AM
Curious, Leon will go look over at what's on tv, trying to quietly practice his technique of passing current from one hand to the other.

Arcran
2013-01-19, 12:03 PM
Jakob's fingers move quickly, trying to fulfill as many orders as he can. He first takes two regular jobs, needing the spare cash to make some parts.

2 hours of work, +2k parts.

Part Stock: 2,000
Time: 2 hours
Apricorns: 0

After that he takes the large apricorn job, making a Luxury, a Timer, and a Great Ball.

2 hours 37.5 minutes of work, -1050 parts

Part Stock: 950
Time: 4 hours 37.5 minutes
Apricorns: 2 Pink
1 Green
1 Blue
1White
3 Black

Following that he'll take the job he'll take another cash one to resupply his stocks.

1 hour, +1k parts
Part Stock: 1,950
Time: 5 hours 37.5 minutes
Apricorns: 2 Pink
1 Green
1 Blue
1White
3 Black

After that he'll take the other two Apricorn jobs, the second and fourth offers.

1 hour 37.5 minutes of work, -650 parts
Part Stock: 1,300
Time: 7 hours 15 minutes
Apricorns: 3 Pink
1 Green
2 Blue
2 White
4 Black
1 Red
3 Yellow

Finally, he'll do one last cash job, pocketing the money this time.

1 hour 37.5 minutes of work, -400 parts, +1k cash
Part Stock: 900
Time: 8 hours 15 minutes
Apricorns: 3 Pink
1 Green
2 Blue
2 White
4 Black
1 Red
3 Yellow

At this point Jakob is quite literally exhausted from the Pokeballs he has made. He packs up his supplies, putting his newfound items in his pack. Looking at a clock he sees that he still has way too many hours in the day. He decides to try to make three more so that he can pay for some Nature Changes on his Pokemon. After all, they needed to be at their best before they headed out. The more gear he could make the better.

3 more orders. This should give me a bit more cash.

Done for the day, Jakob swings by the Pokemart to pick up some more parts for tomorrow. Afterwards he starts to ask around, trying to see if there is a person capable of changing Natures in town.

Major
2013-01-19, 07:08 PM
Amber smirks as the kid approaches. She had been expecting a battle this quickly, but it'd give Omega a chance to kick some ass.

"Sure, how many pokemon and what's the wager?"

CosmicOccurence
2013-01-20, 06:23 PM
Amber

Two pokemon each, with a $1,500 wager. Hope you're ready to get destroyed by my team. He quickly releases what appears to be a collection of gears with a face from a dark colored ball.

Speed 15

Jakob

After asking around in the marketplace and walking around town a little, you find yourself at a large circus tent like structure. Inside was a ring which doubled as both a contest ring and a battle arena. Currently what appeared to be a high class beauty contest was being held. A large crowd had turned out for the event. The pokemon - two miolotics, a smoochum, and and belossum - were gorgeous. Petals flew through the air in intricate patterns as the bellosum spun around the stage and awing the crowd with its beauty.

Off to the side was a small stall with a large sign:

Nature Changes!
Get 'em cheap here!
Only $600 to make your favorite contest mon compete in the big leagues!
Smart! Beautiful! Cool! Tough! Cute! We do them all!

Leon

It took a little bit of jockeying to get a place where you could see the screen, but the audio you was auidble as soon as you were near the TV. When you do find a spot, images of a blazing fire ripping through a forest met your eyes, along with shots of the charred wreakage of a town. After some time, you realize it was the village you had just left, but you barely recognize the landscape anymore.

... conducting a body count, but firefighters with wingull are currently attempting to quell the flames. They have already dispatched the hostile pokemon who started the conflagration, but the damage has been done, and the League is currently doing its best to handle the aftermath of this tragic event.

Early autopsy reports have come back with information that the pokemon in question were infected with an unknown biological virus, probably made by man. Spread by combat, this virus makes pokemon lose their minds and attack anything they can. Humans and captured pokemon seem to be immune, though one wild pokemon fleeing the wildfire was seen to have been infected by a rabid and joint the pack. Rangers are currently scouring the woods looking for any other specimens that may spread this epidemic further.

Currently, no survivors have been seen, and at least 103 deaths have been reported. We will keep you updated on the situation as it develops, but for now please avoid travelling to Rustburo from Rusturf tunnel or going north from Rustburo until the situation has been deemed safe by the Pokemon League.

In other news, Devon has recently announced that they have lessened production due to upgrades in their assembly line technology. Lead scientest on the project Dr. David Wallard tells us ...

The scene changes to a reporter and a man in a lab coat with an unusually large nose sitting in the room inside Devon HQ that you had received your jobs in.

Arcran
2013-01-20, 06:28 PM
Jakob heads into the stall, glad that the service existed. He pulls out the five Pokeballs that need the Nature Changes, setting them down on the counter.

I want Nature Changes on these Pokemon, Jakob says, laying out all of the Pokemon. I understand you provide said services?

Major
2013-01-21, 12:01 AM
"Oh a steel type, very good choice to hide from a Magikarp. I'm sure a skilled trainer like yourself needs the type handica--err type advantage, just to beat a magikarp." Amber says with a nod as she looks over the pokemon. She quickly scans it as she looks around at her many pokeballs unsure which one to use.

Perhaps I should try out one of my new friends...I can watch them work and teach them new moves and such. Rebecca thought as she grabbed one of the pokeballs that Jakob had given her.

"Go...ummmm Kura!" Rebecca said sending out her new Deino.

Speed: 11, you first

CosmicOccurence
2013-01-21, 12:56 AM
Jakob
Of course we do. says the front worker, signaling at the sign. It takes half an hour per shift, and we only have one nature shifter for each contest stat, so it may be a little bit of a wait for some 'mons. How many were you interested in purchasing? As a promotional offer, we'll throw in a contest seal of your choice for every ten shifts you purchase with us if you sign up on our frequent shifter mailing list. Are you interested?

Amber
The boy smirked, obviously amused secretly at something. Type advantage? I have no idea what you're talking about. Obviously you don't know much about pokemon battling. Now let's get started. Go!

The gears lunge at your deino and struck it several times with its gears doing 33 normal physical damage.

Major
2013-01-21, 01:01 AM
"Oh wow...that hit hard..." Amber says blinking her eyes before looking at the man, "If I admit that I don't will you take it easy on me?" She ask teasingly.

"Run away and do that dragon rage thing!" Amber called out.

Edit: Forgot to mention, shift to J2
HP: 20/50

[roll0] vs 2
Damage: 40 ignore everything.

(Not sure if I need another charisma check, but just in case: [roll1])

Arcran
2013-01-21, 01:10 AM
Jakob almost chuckles at them. Selling a Pokeball modification? To him?

No, I'm alright. I have other plans for my seal slots. Give me a minute to check this stuff, alright? Jakob says, pulling out his Pokedex to look up Natures and such.

Slowly he starts sliding Pokeballs over.

These two, he says, sliding over the Gible and Larvitar, ^1,200 under the Pokeballs, need to be Adamant. This one, he says, the Magby's Pokeball with the wad of cash under it, should be Bold, and these need to be Proud and this needs to be Modest, he says, sliding over the Swinub and Whismur respectively.

Can I watch some Contests while I wait?

planswalker
2013-01-21, 10:07 AM
Disturbed at this news, Leon will find a secluded spot to practice manipulating currents, seeing if he can go from passing it between his hands directly to handling a small gap in between.

CosmicOccurence
2013-01-21, 10:12 PM
Amber
Your blow hits the gears squarely, but when the dust clears from the attack, you see that it is no longer gears. Instead, a dark black and red canine pokemon leers at you.

See? I didn't use any type advantage. You just couldn't see what was in front of your eyes. Better try harder, or you'll lose!

Your opponet leaps forwards and slams into your deinio doing 36 physical dark type damage.

Jakob
Alright, it will take us about an hour to get all of these fixed up for you.

This contest is the last one for the night. All the rest are battles. Two pokemon bashing at each other blindly without any grace or poise.
The clerks brow wrinkled in displeasure at the thought of the contest wring being used for such barbarianism.

Leon
You find the currents much easier to control than before you had entered the cave. By the end of two hours work, you managed to gain complete control of the electrical currents surging through your veins.

You mastered your power, and it formed one more bond between you and your electrifying team.

You have gained access to Air Adept.

Arcran
2013-01-21, 10:21 PM
Jakob can't help but chuckle.

I'll go watch the Contest before the fights, he says, hoping to catch the last few round. They usually were a bit more entertaining than just a battle.

planswalker
2013-01-21, 10:35 PM
Grinning from ear to ear, Leon will experimentally zap a random piece of trash nearby. Seeing his results succeed, he'll call out Volta, newly evolved into a Lanturn, and send a few dozen amps of revitalizing current through her. Pleased to see it working so well, Leon will head to see if he can find a trainer to have a practice duel with.

Major
2013-01-22, 12:25 AM
"Yeah, yeah..." Amber mumbled, "It looked like a thing of gears." She mumbled. "It wants to get in your face, headbutt the thingy!" Amber called out.

Headbutt
[roll0] vs 2 (15-20 flinch)
[roll1]

Devolve: [roll2] if I hit, if this is over 21 and if the target is at 10% after this hit, it devolves

CosmicOccurence
2013-01-22, 10:52 PM
Jakob

The master contest continued for another fifteen minutes, the crowd roaring approval. In the end though, the smoochum came out on top after making a glistening ice statue of Cresselia in the middle of the stage.

As the stage is being converted into a battle arena, a voice calls out on the intercom: Registration for the beginner battle tent challenge ends in five minutes.

Amber

The pokemon, which your dex identifies as a Zoroark, falls to the ground unconscious. The trainer gapes in surprise as the mon falls. He returns it quickly and sends out another pokemon. This time it was a an extremely fat cat. Ironically, it lept into attack at lightning speed hitting for 47 normal physical damage.

Leon

As you walked through town searching for a fellow battler, you have trouble finding one. Most of them seem to have headed to something called the battle tent for a night of pokemon battles. As you walk through the relatively secluded portion of town, you pass by an abandoned warehouse on the corner of the street an an alley. A trainer of about twenty years lounges against the wall petting a large red canine with a bushy mane of hair and flamboyant tail.

Perception please, also, have you statted up your new mon from your comrades dead bodies?

Arcran
2013-01-22, 10:54 PM
Did I snag any scans?

Oh, what the hell, Jakob mutters, looking at his Pokeballs. May as well, right?

He jogs over to the battle tent. Wait! he shouts. I'd like to register for the Beginner Rounds!

Would my Attack Booster have refreshed?

planswalker
2013-01-23, 03:59 AM
Jakob

The master contest continued for another fifteen minutes, the crowd roaring approval. In the end though, the smoochum came out on top after making a glistening ice statue of Cresselia in the middle of the stage.

As the stage is being converted into a battle arena, a voice calls out on the intercom: Registration for the beginner battle tent challenge ends in five minutes.

Amber

The pokemon, which your dex identifies as a Zoroark, falls to the ground unconscious. The trainer gapes in surprise as the mon falls. He returns it quickly and sends out another pokemon. This time it was a an extremely fat cat. Ironically, it lept into attack at lightning speed hitting for 47 normal physical damage.

Leon

As you walked through town searching for a fellow battler, you have trouble finding one. Most of them seem to have headed to something called the battle tent for a night of pokemon battles. As you walk through the relatively secluded portion of town, you pass by an abandoned warehouse on the corner of the street an an alley. A trainer of about twenty years lounges against the wall petting a large red canine with a bushy mane of hair and flamboyant tail.

Perception please, also, have you statted up your new mon from your comrades dead bodies?

roll=perception]d20-3[/roll]

No, but I've decided that it wouldn't really be in-character for Leon to use them. He'll hold onto them for now, but if/when he finds someone gentle to raise them, he's gonna give them to that person so they can get the care they deserve.

"Hi there, fellow. Think you and Pooch here are up for a battle?"

Major
2013-01-23, 12:34 PM
Amber recalls the unconscious Deino and scans the new pokemon before sending out the Godikarp, "Alright buddy...I got faith in you..." She mumbled as she bite her lip. A part of her wanted to send out a pokemon she knew could beat the cat. However, if she didn't believe in her Magikarp then she was wrong for having constantly built up his hopes and dreams.

"Alright Omega, let's start off with a tackle." Amber declared.

Release it I10, flying tackle of justice to I3
Magikarp:
HP: 48/48
Speed: 13

Tackle:
[roll0] vs 3 (fuuuuuuuuuucccccckkkk)
[roll1]

CosmicOccurence
2013-01-24, 10:08 PM
Jakob
Under the section that best fits your level of skill, you can choose between two options. "Battle Roulette" and "Gladiator." Battle Roulette was described as fighting randomly typed opponets, while the Battle Roulette's goal was to faint the opposing trainer before you yourself were fainted.

You scanned miolotic, bellosum, and smoochum. And yes, attack booster refreshed.

Amber
The cat dodged under the flying fish, and responded by turning its eyes into pinwheels in an attempt to hypnotize your devolved mon, but luckily, they sailed over his head.

Leon
A gleam catches your eye as you look at the trainer. An ornate badge with an S on it gleams on his chest. Suddenly, you feel something hard and metallic pressed against the back of your head. The trainer must have given some kind of signal that you hadn't seen.

I wouldn't move if I were you. The man with the large canine said. You're one of the Devon workers, correct? I have a proposal for you.

planswalker
2013-01-24, 10:11 PM
"Well, I guess I have the time to listen." Leon says as he builds up a slight charge in his left hand.

Arcran
2013-01-24, 10:30 PM
Getting attacked doesn't particularly appeal to Jakob, so he selects the "Battle Roulette" style of battle.

Major
2013-01-25, 12:53 AM
"You got this Omega, you are the strongest Magikarp ever!" Amber cheered.

Jumping tackle!
[roll0] vs 3
[roll1]

CosmicOccurence
2013-01-26, 01:16 AM
Amber
The cat drifts in and out of focus, striking unnervingly accurately, and does 27 physical dark damage.

Jakob
When signing up, you are required to enter three pokemon to enter into the battle. Then, you draw a lotto ticket for each pokemon you enter. The number on the ticket corresponds with the type of the pokemon you will be battling. Win two out of three battles to win back double any money you choose to bet.

PM your mon choices and their order to me, and then roll d17 3 times. These rolls will correspond with the type each mon will face.

Leon
The man smiles amiably. Glad to hear it. It's so nice when others cooperate. Makes the job less messy. He draws out a cigarette, which his canine lights with a small jet of flame. He pulls deeply on it, blows out a puff, and sighs in contentment.

Now. You've been hired to fix the problems with the power plant. The organization that I belong to would rather these problems be fixed in a certain way - a way that would benefit us. We'd like some help from you to make it happen. You'll be compensated generously if you choose to accept. It won't even be that difficult. All we want is a little favor. Care to help?

planswalker
2013-01-27, 12:04 AM
"You seem to have me in a bind. How could I dare refuse?"

Major
2013-01-28, 02:20 PM
Amber looks at Omega and sees that the Magikarp is still in good shape. She grins, feeling very proud of the pokemon. "Alright, tackle again!" She says. She was hoping to see the Magikarp bite the cat, but the cat didn't look very clean and she didn't want Omega getting sick.

[roll0] vs 3
[roll1]

Arcran
2013-01-28, 03:29 PM
Type rolls:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

CosmicOccurence
2013-01-28, 04:18 PM
Amber
The trainer continues to look on in awe as your magikarp fights toe to toe with one of his evolved pokemon. Finish this!

The cat leaps forwards with a volley of paw strikes. Unfortunately, only the first one hits, and does 25 normal physical damage.

Leon
The man smiles and snaps his hand. The pressure behind your head disappears, and what appears to be a flying saucer with arms floats to hover beside its trainer.

I'm glad to hear that. It's good to have a partner. He pulls a small manilla envelope out of his jacket pocket. Inside of this, there is a disc. Please download its contents into the computer mainframe. All you need to do is slide the disc into any of the computer terminals of the power plant. Then eject the disc and throw it away. It's that simple.

He turns to walk away, but stops. Also, you'll meet some resistance in the plant. Don't be afraid to kill them, if they lose to your team, then they don't belong in our organization.

And remember ... we'll be watching you.

If you don't try to stop him, or if you don't ask him any questions/other stuff, he leaves without any other comments.

Jakob
After you draw lots, you entries are put on a corkboard where all matchups were listed.

Rammus: Bug
Rhopa: Poison
Squint: Poison

Your pokemon will fight early, so you are asked to go to a waiting room so a nurse can ensure their health. You are reminded that these battles are all in good faith, and you should not try to kill the battle tent's pokemon. After a twenty minute wait, you are led out of the room and onto the main stage, comprised of packed dirt, where a red bug type pokemon waited for you. It would be controlled telepathically by one of the battle tent staff members.

Your pokedex identifies it as a airados - a poison bug type - and you release rammus for the battle. This will be a three bout match. Begin!

The spider, being faster than your little sandshrew, shot itself at rammus using a long strand of silk and deals 16 physical normal damage, and lowers your speeed 1 Combat Stage.

Map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Akuo1v6xJCoXdEVwb21UMlJSRmZxRDhUVUl1eFZld UE#gid=2) You are battle b

Major
2013-01-28, 05:07 PM
Amber looks at Omega and looks at the cat. On one hand Omega was getting tired, he probably couldn't take another hit. On the other hand surely the cat was almost done by now. It had only been able to launch one hit and the opponent was getting flustered.

She bite her lip and nodded, "Alright Omega...it's all on this one. Show them that you are the best! Prove that you are in the top percentage of Magikarp!"

[roll0] vs 3
[roll1]

Arcran
2013-01-28, 07:37 PM
The attack barely phases Rammus, barely even breaking through his thick armor. He quickly curls up, preparing himself for another attack.

Defense Curl!

What move was that?

planswalker
2013-01-28, 09:41 PM
Leon tries his best to actually go 24 hours without needing serious medical attention by shutting up and letting them walk off. He'll slide the envelope in his pocket for now and deal with the crisis later. Once they've left, Leon will go to check out the battle tent.