PDA

View Full Version : Prologue to Disaster (PTA) IC

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

CosmicOccurence
2012-09-30, 08:52 AM
It's a beautiful day in Rustburo city. Wind blowing and sun shining, Rustboro looks like the picture of a flourishing small city. People wander around doing their normal Tuesday morning buisness, and many head to work dressed in everything from suits to coveralls. Towering over the Northern half of town, one building appears as a larger than life mansion. This is your destination, this is Devon Headquarters

A Link (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=257330) to the OOC.

You have one hour before our interview starts. It will take most of you fifteen minutes to get there. You are to present your invitation to the receptionist.

AlphaPanda
2012-09-30, 10:45 AM
Abe had no one to say goodbye to before he left. He gathered his things and quickly, quietly exited the circus's temporary grounds. A new life awaited, and he was eager to get there.

-------

Abe is overwhelmed by the city. The constant noises would take some getting used to, for sure. Out of fear of getting lost, and with no idea what to do around Rustboro anyway, Abe heads straight for Devon Headquarters. When he gets to the front door, he stops and sighs. "Here goes nothing."

Upon reaching the receptionist, Abe clears his throat to get her attention. "Hi. Abe Crane, I'm here for an interview."

planswalker
2012-09-30, 12:57 PM
Leon just now woke up in the room he stayed at in the pokecenter overnight. His flight had gotten in at 2 in the morning, and he had been exhausted. When he overslept through his alarm clock, Nicolai very dutifully zapped him to remind him that he didn't want to oversleep today.

After rising from bed and putting on his spelunking leathers (minus the gear he'd had to leave in Unova), he heads out to stop by the gym before his meeting. He'd like to do a quick reconassaince beforehand to learn what kind of gym leader was in Slateport. He hadn't really paid much attention before. He thinks he remembers something about steel, or ice. Maybe ground? Something hard, anyways. Still, whatever they ran here, they'd likely know of local 'mons in the area.

Either way, Mauville was one stop he'd definitely want to take while here in Hoenn. Wattson the gym leader there was said to be an electric master of great skill, as well as the city hosting the New Mauville power plant. He'd heard that it was a hotspot for electric pokemon to hang out at.

All of this, of course, would be immaterial if he were late. He had to make sure to be in the Devon Building on time.

Asdfth
2012-09-30, 12:58 PM
Drake looks around at the city it seems pretty nice though a plain to him. Since he had time to spare he decided to look around town before going to the Devon Headquarters

Major
2012-09-30, 04:18 PM
As the young breeder entered town, she made sure to try and keep a hat and sunglasses on. The last thing she wanted was to be late because somebody recognized her and distracted her with questions, request to teach their pokemon, or complaints about how she couldn't give just flat out battle tips.

Amber glanced at her pokegear to see the time and sighed. She wanted to hurry up so that she'd be able to look for her eevee, but at the same time with an interview at a set time her rush would most likely not matter. Nonetheless, if they weren't busy perhaps she would be fine. With that in mind, she moved to the Devon corporation and got in line behind the man already there with her invitation ready and in her hand.

Kantolin
2012-09-30, 10:20 PM
"So, here's the place."

Ken Richmond looked up at the gate, staring at Devon Headquarters. The Aron at his side also looked up, nudging Ken's leg with confidence. Idly, the martial artist reached down without bending, scritching the Aron's head.

"Chop?"

Ken nudged the machop's arm. "Don't be so worried, Kleid. A little optimism will go a long way - it'll work out this time."

That didn't seem to directly soothe the machop, but he did remain silent, so Ken let it go. "Here - we've got an hour to kill. Let's walk around town for a half hour or so - take a look around."

"Aron?"

"Are you ever not thinking about food?" Ken smiled. "I've got some extra metals for you this time, Viktor. Once we're done walking around, though."

That temporarily sated the aron, as the trio walked about for a bit. Expectantly, Kleid wanted back in his ball after a little bit of walking, to which Ken complied - that machop definitely loved his luxury ball.

Wabbajack
2012-10-01, 03:46 AM
This is the day. Jonathan waited so long for this very moment, only an hour until the job interview he always dreamt of.
He cannot fail, not with the amount of training and preparations he did. Sure, he isn't really good with people but his abilities just have to convince them that he's the right person for such a job.

He goes straight to the Devon Headquarters, arriving early never hurts, and goes directly to the reception where two other persons are already waiting, one talking with the receptionist.
"Uh, hello?"

CosmicOccurence
2012-10-01, 09:31 AM
Abe
The receptionist looks up at you after finishing with a phone call with a client. She looks up at you smiling. Welcome to Devon Corporation, may I see your invitation?

Amber and Jonothan
When the receptionist finishes with the person in front of you, she smiles and asks, "You're here for the interview correct? Do you have your invitation?

Leon
You make your way through town, and find the gym without much difficulty. You were greeted by a sign proclaiming, "Gneiss, the Mountain of Rustboro" The door to the gym enters onto the second floor balcony. There are about thirty trainers milling around talking with each other, but a single pair battles in one of many small arenas encased by walls, visible only from the balcony. The pokemon they were using looked like boulders with arms and legs, and the din from pokemon colliding sounded like thunderclaps.

Ken and Drake
You wander around town for awhile, seeing the sights and sounds, and eventually you end up in a park towards the center of town. Hobby joggers and cyclists made their way through, and some small families played in the playground, laughing hysterically.

On the other side of the park, you see somebody that doesn't quite seem to fit. Drake is seeing a very small adult with a small pokemon by his side, while Ken is looking at somebody with a very odd sense of fashion.

You two can either talk with each other, ignore each other, or do something else

planswalker
2012-10-01, 09:35 AM
Oh, yeah, ROCKS. That's the type here. Volta should have an easy time if I decide to challenge. Leon thought upon seeing the rocks. He'll scan one if he can.

After pausing for a moment, he'll head over to the nearest trainer and say, "Howdy there. I'm new in town, just flew in for a job interview. What's the pokemon battling like in this part of the world?"

CosmicOccurence
2012-10-01, 09:47 AM
The trainer, who appeared to be a student at the trainer school in town,As in league battles? Well I'm not sure how much different it is from the rest of the world. Just agree how many pokemon you'll be using, set any rules on burrowing, flying, swimming and the like. Then you battle like in any other place. Gym battles are usually either three or six pokemon, but individual leaders may have their own rules. Where are you from?

Your pokedex flashes, identifying the pokemon as Graveler.

planswalker
2012-10-01, 09:50 AM
"Just flew in from Unova. It sounds similar to what I heard about Mistralton's rules, but I haven't been doing much official battling. I spent most of my time out exploring Chargestone Cave and the surrounding areas and learning about the pokemon in that area. Mind having a friendly no-wager battle with me to help me see if I get the concept?"

AlphaPanda
2012-10-01, 10:43 AM
Abe fishes around in his pockets until he finds the piece of paper the man had given him at the circus. "Here you go." He fidgets with his sunglasses a bit.

Wabbajack
2012-10-01, 11:26 AM
"Yeah, I'm also here because..." Jonathan takes a piece of crumbled paper out of his pocket, nearly dropping it. "I mean, yes, here it is." He nervously hands over the paper.

Asdfth
2012-10-01, 11:55 AM
Drake sees the man and Pokemon and walks by and scans the Pokemon by the man's side "Nice Pokemon you got there.

CosmicOccurence
2012-10-01, 12:36 PM
Leon
Sure. For a casual match, we won't need to use the cages. One pokemon each with no flight or burrowing sound fair? He makes his way down to the lower practice courts, and releases a small pokemon that looked like a tree.

Abe and Jonathan
The woman reads the invitation carefully before looking up at you. Thank you for coming. Until 9:00 would you please wait in our lounge? She walks you to a room off of the main lobby. There are many plush chairs, a grand piano in the corner, and a few other people sitting by themselves.

AlphaPanda
2012-10-01, 01:27 PM
Abe nods and follows the woman to the lounge. He sits down in a seat that isn't next to anyone already there. He pulls out his two poke balls and stares quietly at them. Whatever happens, we're never going back. This is our life now, for better or worse.

Unless disturbed, Abe will spend the time waiting in silence, lost in thought.

Kantolin
2012-10-01, 01:51 PM
Ken stepped away from the direct path as several cyclists zipped by. "Everyone seems to be having a great time." He commented to Viktor idly.

"Aron?"

"Huh? We'll eat when - oh. Ha. Sorry Viktor, you absolutely cannot eat someone's bicycle."

"Aron." Came the dejected response. Ken smiled, scritching his Aron's metallic form behind the neck again - when he was spoken to. He looked up - that guy stood out a bit given his attire, but if there was anyone in the world who wouldn't judge based on looks, it was the adult who stood at a towering 4'6. He raised the brim of his cap as he looked up at Drake.

"Thanks! Now, if only he'd get his mind off food for just a few moments."

"Aron?" Aron nudged his trainer, who glanced at his pokemon. He recognized /that/ look.

"I don't think we have enough time for a battle, Viktor - we have to be at Devon in what, fifteen minutes?"

He then looked back up to the trainer. "Sorry about that - are you from around here? I'm new to town myself - any sights you'd suggest seeing while I'm here?"

He was nudged by his Aron. "Oh, and my name's Ken." A second nudge. "Mr. pushy here is Viktor."

planswalker
2012-10-01, 01:54 PM
Leon
Sure. For a casual match, we won't need to use the cages. One pokemon each with no flight or burrowing sound fair? He makes his way down to the lower practice courts, and releases a small pokemon that looked like a tree.

"Sure, sounds good."

Leon will scan that and bring out Nicolai.

If Nicolai will begin his turn by using thunder wave.

Wabbajack
2012-10-01, 02:23 PM
Jonathan sits down and takes out his Porygon. "It's finally time Delta, today is the day our fate will be decided. Could you stay in my Mech Arm for the duration of the interview? Having you around kind gives me some courage."

Delta makes some sounds comparable to those of a modem dial-up before vanishing in the mech arm.

And now, I wait. Come on Jonathan, remain calm. There is no way they won't take me.

Major
2012-10-01, 02:23 PM
With a nod, Amber, still in her hat and sunglasses despite being inside, hands her invitation to the receptionist. She had taken good care of it and it was in near perfect shape.

Asdfth
2012-10-01, 02:40 PM
"Hello Ken and Viktor my name is Drake. I am in a near same situation this is my first time being in this region. I also have business to attend to at Devon's. So why not travel together to the mansion. Drake set off to the manor but before he did he turned around. "Since we have no time let us have a battle when we are less busy. Then Drake set off to the Devon Headquarters

Kantolin
2012-10-01, 02:49 PM
Huh, so he was also on his way to Devon? Well, Ken knew they were hiring - and Devon was very popular indeed.

"Works for me - it's always pleasant to have company. Come on, Viktor."

The two also started walking towards the corporation - they'd get there a little early, but hey. "I'll be sure to take you up on that offer, Drake. I've still got a lot to learn about battling."

CosmicOccurence
2012-10-01, 03:15 PM
Drake and Ken
You reach Devon without incident, and the receptionist smiles at the two of you. Are you here for the interview? If so, may I please see your invitation?

Amber
Thank you, if you'd please wait in the lounge until it's time. She leads you to the same lounge as the others.

Leon
Status effects ... I hate them. Fight through it, remember our training!

The little brown pokemon runs forwards, obviously struggling with the electricity that was coursing through its body, and slams into the little Tynamo.

paralysis roll [roll0] need 6+. If so, low kick [roll1] [roll2] fighting damage, your def isn't calculated into this

Asdfth
2012-10-01, 03:18 PM
Drake reaches in his pocket and pulls out the innovation. "Here you go.

planswalker
2012-10-01, 03:24 PM
"Nicolai, let's add a spark of excitement to this battle."

Nicolai uses spark.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Major
2012-10-01, 03:29 PM
Following the receptionist, Amber arrives at the lounge and sees quite a few others. She looks over the interesting assortment of people and tilts her head seeing the boy with the mech arm. "Oh, I didn't realize there would be so much competition for the job." She says a bit surprised. "Hey there." She says politely before moving to sit near the two boys that looked about her age.

Wabbajack
2012-10-01, 03:33 PM
"Uh... Hi. Yeah, lot's of competition."

CosmicOccurence
2012-10-01, 03:35 PM
Leon
The little pokemon falls with a cry, knocked out. Right afterwards, you pokedex identifies the pokemon as a Bonsly. The student returns the pokemon, and walks up to you. That was a really good battle, you're probably ready for your first gym.

Drake and Ken
The receptionist looks over Drakes invitation, and Kens when she recieves it, then leads you both to the lounge area.

Kantolin
2012-10-01, 03:40 PM
"Absolutely."

Ken took a thin folder out of his backpack, and removed his still-crisp invitation, handing it over. He paused for a moment, noting the recipe still in the folder - which he showed to Aron. "Remember trying to cook that?"

"Aron!"

"Heh, I'm excited to try it again too." Which was in no way what the Aron had meant or said, but hey.

He glanced about the lounge for a moment. "Good morning!" He said, to nobody in particular. He sat down shortly thereafter, holding out a fist-sized chunk of steel to Viktor before the Aron had a chance to say anything. Which was absolutely fine with Viktor - who sat munching happily.

planswalker
2012-10-01, 03:41 PM
Leon
The little pokemon falls with a cry, knocked out. Right afterwards, you pokedex identifies the pokemon as a Bonsly. The student returns the pokemon, and walks up to you. That was a really good battle, you're probably ready for your first gym.

"Thank you, I'll have to try for the gym challenge after my invterview." Leon checks the time very quickly. "Speaking of which, I need to be heading out to that interview right now. See you around."

Leon heads to the Devon Building.

CosmicOccurence
2012-10-01, 03:44 PM
Leon
You reach the building without much trouble. When you enter, a crisp receptionist greets you. Hello welcome to Devon. You're Leon correct? May I see your invitation?

AlphaPanda
2012-10-01, 03:45 PM
Abe hardly reacts as more interviewees drift into the room. He merely continues to gaze into his poke balls, occasionally nudging his sunglasses up his nose. For better or worse...

planswalker
2012-10-01, 03:50 PM
Leon
You reach the building without much trouble. When you enter, a crisp receptionist greets you. Hello welcome to Devon. You're Leon correct? May I see your invitation?

"Of course." Leon says, pulling out a crumples invitation that's seen much better days. Is that a scorch mark in one corner? What did Leon do to it?

CosmicOccurence
2012-10-01, 03:59 PM
Leon
The receptionist examines the letter, eyes crinkling at the scorch marksThank you, if you would please follow me, we can continue. She gets up, and walks over to a room off of the atruim.

Everybody
The doors to the lobby open, and you see the receptionist standing with a young man with shockingly blond hair behind her. Now that everybody has arrived we can begin. You are all here to talk with Mr. Stone and some Devon Scientists about a job opportunity. Everybody here at Devon would like to thank you for your interest in our company, please do not release any pokemon from here on, and return any you have out. Is everybody ready?

Many of the others in the room voice excitement, and start to go over to the woman. Including the young man who just arrived, there are twelve individuals who will be attending the interview.

planswalker
2012-10-01, 04:00 PM
All his pokemon already securely in their balls to prevent mischeif, Leon nods his head. He'll have to get to know the others here soon. Looks like they might be working together for the foreseeable future.

Wabbajack
2012-10-01, 04:01 PM
Jonathan raises his hand.
"Question! Does a porygon inhabiting a technological device count as "out"?"

CosmicOccurence
2012-10-01, 04:02 PM
The receptionist nods at Jonathan. All pokemon must be returned to their pokeballs where we're going, please do so now.

Wabbajack
2012-10-01, 04:04 PM
"Okay." Jonathan returns his Porygon to it's pokéball.

AlphaPanda
2012-10-01, 04:04 PM
Abe nods and holsters his poke balls, then waits for further instruction.

Kantolin
2012-10-01, 04:09 PM
"You heard her, buddy."

A slightly mournful and dejected, "Aron..." came from the rocksteel. Ken took out the the friend ball.

"Tell you what. I've got a lithium pellet with some lead for afterwards. That work?"

"Aron!"

"I thought so."

Returning his aron, Ken stood and gave a stretch. "Well, here goes nothin'."

Major
2012-10-01, 04:51 PM
Amber nods and follows, watching all the pokemon get returned to their pokeballs and feeling a mix of sadness and excitement. Perhaps this job wouldn't be so bad since she could meet all these different pokemon. Then again, that assumed she successfully got the job.

Asdfth
2012-10-01, 06:49 PM
"Alright. Drake has none of his Pokemon out so he waiting on everyone else.

CosmicOccurence
2012-10-01, 08:45 PM
The group is led to a private elevator which takes you up to the fifth floor. The receptionist takes you through several hallways lined with suits of armor, portraits of famous Devon scientists, and several workers walking hurriedly with large files, and laptop computers.

The twelve of you were split into two groups, each group went into one of two adjacent rooms. You were sent into the left. Inside, lays a modern room that contrasts sharply with the traditional castle-like decor of the hallways. Light blue walls, blue carpet, a conference table in the middle of the room, a projector on the ceiling, and swivel chairs. Inside sit two people: one is recognized by all, the president of Devon. In his mid 50's with bushy brown hair, and a little overweight, he was the center of the Devon Universe. Sitting by his side was a woman in her late teens or early twenties, dressed in a summer dress, with cascading down to her lower back.

The president smiles at you. Welcome, please have a seat. No doubt you know who I am, but not many know my daughter Samantha. The girl nods curtly, but otherwise remains silent.

Everyone from Hoenn give me an Int check, Wabbajack, you get a +5 circumstance bonus

Major
2012-10-01, 09:21 PM
Once they are no longer in the lobby and Amber figures that nobody would be rude enough to comment during the interview, she removes her hat and sunglasses and gives a polite nod to the president before taking a seat.

Int: [roll0]

Kantolin
2012-10-01, 10:01 PM
This was one of those scenarios where Ken was glad he was mostly torso rather than proportionally short. While he had to scramble into the chair more than sit, once he was sitting down it was about right.

Although his feet didn't touch the floor.

"It's nice to meet you both." He responded, amiably, with a nod.

Asdfth
2012-10-01, 10:13 PM
Drake finds the closest seat to the door.It's a pleasure to meet again Devon and it's nice to meet you, Samantha.

planswalker
2012-10-01, 10:30 PM
"It is an honor to meet the president himself for the interview."

AlphaPanda
2012-10-02, 02:08 AM
Abe sits down and hesitates for a moment before taking off his sunglasses. Then he awkwardly waves at the two. "Hello."

What auras do the president and Samantha have?

Wabbajack
2012-10-02, 05:39 AM
"H-hello Mr President Sir, and uh, hi, eh, Samantha."

Int:[roll0]

Kantolin
2012-10-02, 05:49 AM
Whoops, int check:
[roll0]

CosmicOccurence
2012-10-02, 07:49 AM
Jonathan and Ken
You recall hearing about Samantha. Though she's never challenged any gyms, apparently she's one of the most powerful trainers in Hoenn, and trains with Champion Wallace on a regular basis.

Abe
They both have deep brown auras, the president's like hot chocolate, Samantha's shade is more reminiscent of coffee.

The President acknowledges you all with a small nod, but says to Drake in voice that, while stern, wasn't harsh. You will either address me as Mr. President or Mr. Stone while in my employ. Now I'd like to thank you all for coming to this interview. The reason you're here is because my family and I believe that we need a special task force. When we have problems too dangerous for security guards and too sensitive to get to the public's ears, we usually have to search high and low for people to help us, which wastes precious time and money. If accepted, the six of you will form a team that handles these kinds of problems for us.

Each of you was chosen as a finalist for this job because you have qualities that more powerful trainers lacked. I'd like you to introduce yourselves to your new teammates and explain briefly where your specialties lie.

Asdfth
2012-10-02, 08:04 AM
"Yes Mr. Stone. Drake proceeds to stand up "Greetings everyone my name is Drake Lane and I am from Kanto. He bows after introducing himself. "My specialties lie in Dragon-type Pokemon. Afterwards Drake sits back down.

planswalker
2012-10-02, 08:42 AM
"Hello everyone." Leon said. "I grew up in Unova just outside of Chargestone Cave and have several years' experience with electric pokemon, general electrical phenomena, and with subterranean exploration. I also have some experience with combating criminal elements in various places. I've also yet to meet an electric type pokemon I couldn't get along with."

Major
2012-10-02, 08:53 AM
"I'm Amber, I used to work at the daycare center here in Hoenn helping raise pokemon. And I guess that's my specialty. I'm good at breeding, hatching, and bringing out a pokemon's full potential, not sure why. Just am."

AlphaPanda
2012-10-02, 10:52 AM
Abe speaks next, without getting up. "My name is Abe. I have the ability to see others' auras and control my own. I can channel it to emulate certain attacks that can normally only be used by pokemon. I can also tell whether someone is particularly malevolent or benevolent."

He looks around at the others, noting their various auras. His gaze would be...somewhat disconcerting if the subject doesn't know what he's doing.

Wabbajack
2012-10-02, 02:39 PM
"Hi, I'm Jonathan. I'm kinda good with machines and stuff and am currently learning some computer stuff. Nothing complicated really, just how to crack the most common encryptions. Oh, and I also know a lot of stuff... compared to you guys that doesn't really sound that impressive now that I say it out loud..."

Kantolin
2012-10-02, 03:50 PM
'Hi I'm Ken and I punch people'.

No that sounded exceptionally stupid. That was, granted, what it boiled down to - but he'd worked hard on his resumé to make his abilities sound better than that. Come on, what was it.

"Well, my name is Ken Richmond, and I'm a protector. I use my own body as a weapon alongside my pokemon to try to protect others from threats."

He didn't stand up as he said it since... um, once again his feet didn't touch the floor, but that sounded a little better. Although from the sounds of it, most of the people here sounded a heck of a lot more qualified than he did. Still, nothin' for it but to hope!

CosmicOccurence
2012-10-02, 05:07 PM
After you all finish introducing yourself, Samantha brushes the hair out of her eyes, and looks around at the set of you. If you decide to take this job, we will require complete confidentiality and obedience. We won't ask you to do anything horrible, but there are many projects at Devon Corporation that shouldn't reach the public's ears. I used to handle these kinds of problems, but they've become more and more frequent lately. Danger will be a given on your assignments. In your spare time, I don't care what you do. As Devon employees you will have access to our considerable resources, within reason.

She produces a shear of papers and hands a small packet to each of you. On it is a contract with Devon Corporation to be hired in the area of "Administrative Relations." You will be paid on commission, and your income is tax exempt. It also included a confidentiality clause, a liability waiver, and a 10% discount on all official Devon Products. If any of you have questions or objections, voice them now. If not, sign these forms, and then we just have one more step before you become full employees.

As you all noticed, we brought two groups of six people in for this job. We will only be accepting one set. We know your strengths and weaknesses as an individual, but we don't know how well you work with others. The two teams will battle each other using pokemon only. The winners are hired, the losers won't be. You have 10 minutes to exchange team information and do any strategizing before the match starts.

The two stood up and walked out of the room. Mr. Stone paused at the door, nodded at the group of you, and wished you luck before leaving.

Wabbajack
2012-10-02, 05:54 PM
"We should probably discuss what pokémon we have. I've got a porygon named Delta, fast for it's species and strong in the offence but only psychic moves to attack with and a magnemite named Tesla, swift and deadly but not really tough."

Major
2012-10-02, 06:14 PM
Hearing she'd have to fight Amber blushed lightly before turning to the party. She'd have to discuss her pokemon which if they reacted like most did would cause them to belittle her friends.

"I have a Beedrill, a Magikarp, and a Togetic." She says.

Kantolin
2012-10-02, 06:37 PM
Ken blinked. Huh - he hadn't expected that. It made sense though - testing what the group could do as a group would likely be focal.

Samantha's responses were then.. interesting. Very practical and to-the-point, but definitely lacking in emotions. He was a little curious what had happened to make that the case. Would that happen to him, if he kept doing what he thought he wanted to be doing?

Hrm.

Aaanyway, pokemon. Two sets of surprises - one was a porygon. He'd only vaguely heard of porygon. Wasn't that exceptionally rare? What was that guy's name - Jonathan? Techy guy, right?

And then amber - was that a beedrill and a magikarp? Now granted, Ken wasn't exactly an expert on pokemon, but everyone knew about magikarp. The common joke was that if you kept using the blasted thing, it'd eventually evolve into an amazingly popular pokemon - and Ken was pretty sure that joke was just something they said to get novice trainers to use the blasted things.

Still, she had two other pokemon - obviously she was trying to get the thing to evolve while using her actual pokemon. And among other things, it'd be rude to mention it - maybe she really liked fish.

"I've got two. Viktor - he's an aron. Uh, steel and rock." He added, unsure if other people knew this. "The other is Kleid - " The word was pronounced 'Clyde', "- he's a machop, pure fighting. Both are physical hitters, so I'll need some help with enemies who are pretty defensive. Viktor's terrific at physical defending, Kleid at special defending, and both can utilize walls against what they're good at defending against - so reflect or light screen can help cover some other people."

He pondered for a moment. "Kleid can hit a group pretty well, and is pretty good at slowing enemy pokemon down. Viktor can make himself more sturdy - usually doing that once means physical hits stop really effecting him. If I had to pick one, it'd probably be Viktor unless Kleid's other talents would be particularly helpful here."

That was all he could think of.

planswalker
2012-10-02, 06:49 PM
"I can bring an electric/flying for an aerial ranged blitzkrieg with electric attacks or a slow-moving but high-hp and high-attack water/electric with a powerful ranged water move and a potentially nasty situational melee move. Both of them can throw status afflictions of one kind or another around. Which do y'all think would come in more useful here?"

Wabbajack
2012-10-02, 07:29 PM
"Electric/Water? A member of the Lanturn family maybe? And seeing that you seem to have the electric base covered I will probably use my porygon. And the Aron sounds like a good choice.
Amber, does that magikarp have any special moves? Otherwise you should probably use the beedrill."

planswalker
2012-10-02, 07:53 PM
"Well, my chinchou doesn't know any damaging electric moves yet, so it may not really be able to be counted on for that role. It does know a water move though."

Major
2012-10-02, 09:27 PM
A slight bit of hesitation crosses Amber's face, "Well...I wouldn't say it has special moves...it learned to tackle way earlier than most Magikarp due thanks to my breeding abilities. But the magikarp is rather special." She says trying to think of the best wording, "I'm not sure how many of you know of the daycare outside Mauville Town, but I learned a lot there and for some reason people said eggs I raised and hatched and played with tended to be stronger. No idea why, as such the magikarp itself is special even if his moves aren't much so. He's much faster than most Magikarp and hits a lot harder then them." She explains, "Plus he is growing at a pretty nice rate."

Asdfth
2012-10-02, 09:31 PM
Drake listens and starts thinking. "Alright I have three Pokemon. An Axew she is a great physical attacker and can take down some Pokemon rather easily. A Trapinch while not as strong as Axew he can do good damage and has a decent trap move. A Horsea he is a special attacker though lacking in attack. They all have good speed and decent defences .

AlphaPanda
2012-10-02, 11:43 PM
Abe had been listening and nodding, taking in information. He finally chimes in, "I have two pokemon. Clash, my Riolu, is a fighting type that hits fast and hard up close. Nebula, my Abra, is a psychic type that can launch a powerful ranged attack, but only every so often."

"I guess it comes down to this: should I send out a pokemon that hits up close or from afar?"

planswalker
2012-10-03, 01:08 AM
"I think I will go with Volta, my chinchou. Doesn't sound like we have a whole lot of defensive ones in our lineup."

AlphaPanda
2012-10-03, 01:21 AM
"Alright. If you have ranged attacks and status effects covered, I'll go with Clash. He's hardier than Nebula and has a wider variety of attacks, too. He'll go straight into the fray, if anyone else's pokemon wants to join him on the front lines."

Wabbajack
2012-10-06, 05:27 AM
"I will use my porygon then. Anyone have an interesting ability it could trace? Oh, and because some of you probably don't know the large majority of pokémon I will shout the types of our opponents as soon as the fight start, from left to right. We should then concentrate on those weak against our attacks followed by those we are weak against."

planswalker
2012-10-06, 06:01 AM
"Volta has volt absorb, allowing her to get healed from electric attacks."

Asdfth
2012-10-06, 01:17 PM
"My Axew has the ability to disable my opponent's ability. Also known as Mold Breaker.

Kantolin
2012-10-06, 02:32 PM
Huh. He'd done some studying of typing, but there were gigantic holes so large in his pokemon vocabulary that it was funny - he still kept forgetting that his own Aron was also /rock/ as he thought of it as a steel pokemon - so someone citing them would be helpful.

"So we have... Volta the chinchou, Clash the riolu, Delta the porygon, Iragore the axew, magikarp, and Viktor the aron?"

Boy it /felt/ weird saying magikarp in there.

"Oh, and Viktor - my Aron - has sturdy. Which I always have to hope is something that won't come up." Although boy, 'negate your opponent's ability' sounds exceptionally useful. So did absorbing lightning.

Major
2012-10-06, 03:29 PM
"Sounds about right." Amber says with a nod.

CosmicOccurence
2012-10-06, 04:12 PM
The door opens, and the receptionist walks into the room. Please follow me to the arena. You are led through more well furnished hallways to a plain door with the label Battle Studio A.

You enter onto a large platform that could fit about 10 people comfortably. Below is a battle arena with large walls erected in portions of the room. Across the arena stand the other six applicants for the jobs, pokeballs in hand.

A deep male voice booms from an invisible surround-sound speaker system. We will now begin the battle. A team has lost when they have no conscious pokemon on the field. One pokemon each, and no pokemon may rise above six meters in the air. Burrowing is not allowed in this battle. Begin.

The opposing trainers release three pokemon. A black and white quadraped, a steel grey oval with thorns protruding from it, and a red-breasted bird with a split tail, which Jonathan identifies as a Blitzle, Ferrowseed, and a Swellow.

Release your mons if you want. You all get first moves.
Map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Al4jVK75mdpjdG1oRnN2SjFaUE9ZQzZLalV3VmtIN 3c#gid=0)

Wabbajack
2012-10-06, 04:32 PM
"Okay, those are Electric, Steel/Grass and Flying/Normal. We should probably concentrate on the bird first because I am pretty sure it's an evolved pokémon."

Jonathan releases his Porygon into the arena.

"Go Delta, show them what you're made of!"

G28

Major
2012-10-06, 04:55 PM
Amber releases her magikarp.

M28

Asdfth
2012-10-06, 05:26 PM
"Right take down the bird first. Come on out Iragore.

B28

Kantolin
2012-10-06, 09:59 PM
"Play it safe, Viktor." Stated Ken, before tossing his pokeball, releasing the aron to H-28

planswalker
2012-10-06, 11:33 PM
Volta will be released at O28.

CosmicOccurence
2012-10-07, 01:26 AM
As you release your pokemon, your opponents begin to move.

The Ferroseed and Blitzle advance forwards; the ferroseed hardening its defenses, while the blitzle gathers the electric currents that course through it's body.

With a cry, the Swellow split into four copies of itself, and scattered to different parts of the field. There was no way to tell which one is the real Swellow and which are the fakes.

AlphaPanda
2012-10-07, 01:44 AM
"Get on the front lines, Clash." Abe releases his Riolu which quickly moves up a few paces.

Release Clash at N28, move to O24.

Major
2012-10-07, 03:20 AM
"Alright Omega, start flopping closer, but not too close!" Amber tells her magikarp.

Jump to M26 and splash.

Kantolin
2012-10-07, 05:48 AM
"Brace yourself, Viktor, but your job's out front too!" He paused, glancing at the rest. Normally, he'd say to let them come to us, but here he wasn't completely sure if it was a good idea. Thus, he kept his mouth shut.

The aron stamped his feet as he marched forward, his already hard shell shimmering.

Round one actions:
Viktor uses iron defense!
Viktor moves to H-23!

planswalker
2012-10-07, 08:57 AM
Volta, not being well-designed for surface travel, will drag itself to O26.

Asdfth
2012-10-07, 11:53 AM
"I'll right Iragore advance. Iragore marches on to B23

Wabbajack
2012-10-08, 06:37 AM
"Overclock and advance y6/x-1!"
Delta seems to become quicker and moves forward and then a bit left, ending it's movement on the other side of a wall.
Delta uses Agility (now +2 Speed Stages; Speed is now 13, speed evasion 2 and speed capabilities +1) and moves to F22.
And didn't you say we would have the first move?

CosmicOccurence
2012-10-08, 03:12 PM
The blitze runs forwards, tossing its head from side to side, daring its opponents to approach. Rolling forwards until it comes alongside the wall, the ferroseed continues to raise its defenses. Three of the swellows continue to fly forward, raising themselves further from the ground to avoid melee conflict with opponents that have less vulnerability than them.

On the map, Sw+2 means that the swellows are two meters above ground level, ground level is unmarked, but would be considered Sw+0. For those of you who use fly speeds, please keep track of this on the map. Keep in mind the moderator specified no pokemon could go higher than six meters from the ground.

planswalker
2012-10-08, 03:27 PM
Volta will move to N25 in preparation for the electric 'mon approaching.

Major
2012-10-08, 05:29 PM
"Just wait a moment Omega, don't make yourself a target yet." Amber said calmly.

Kantolin
2012-10-08, 11:51 PM
Huh, he couldn't quite reach given he'd have to jump. No point in it, then.

"Keep going forward, Viktor!" He called out. Viktor continued to bolster his own defenses as well as he moved to H-18 (Using Harden).

Wabbajack
2012-10-09, 08:28 AM
"Delta, Psybeam at enemy in front and then full advance forward."

Delta glows purple for a second before unleashing a pinkish-purple beam at the swellow in front of it. It then moves full speed forward without even waiting for the effect it's attack has on the opponent.

Psybeam at swellow on F18 and then move to F15
[roll0] with AC 2
[roll1]

Asdfth
2012-10-09, 10:19 AM
Drake sees a blast of energy at the Bird. "Advance and use leer. Iragore goes to B17.
[roll0] ACC2+DEF lowers DEF by 1

CosmicOccurence
2012-10-10, 12:09 PM
The trainers across the field seem to be having an argument on whether they should send out more pokemon or not. After a particularly loud bout of shouting by an especially large bald man, two more pokemon are released reluctantly. A tepig and a clefairy, who start to run forwards to join the battles that are starting to form around the arena.

Delta's beam shoots trhough the swellow, which dissapears upon contact. The swellow at the back of the arena twitches in irratation, and caws loudly. The swellow in the middle of the arena swoops down on Viktor buffeting the little pokemon with its strong wings.

The Ferroseed continues rolling towards battle, layers of of iron covering it's shell, hardening it to enormous levels.

As the Blitzle charges towards Clash, it releases a beam of electricity that shoots towards clash unnervingly accurately.

Sorry Alpha Panda, I needed to move the thread along.

Wing Attack vs. Viktor. Physical flying, Base AC 2 [roll0]. [roll1].

Shock Wave vs Clash, special electric. Auto Hit. [roll2]

planswalker
2012-10-10, 12:31 PM
Volta will move to O23 and bubble the blitzle.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Wabbajack
2012-10-10, 01:04 PM
"Delta, turn up your speed again, then y6/x-2 and Trace that Clefairy!"

Delta glows for a bit before moving forward, this time even faster than before.
Agility (Now +4 Speed stages, making speed 18, evasion 4 and movement 8) and then move to D9 and Trace Clefairy

Asdfth
2012-10-10, 01:24 PM
"Iragore advanced and leer that Clefairy Iragore advances to B11
[roll0]2+DEF Lowers Def by one stage

Kantolin
2012-10-10, 03:25 PM
Viktor and Ken alike both noticed Delta's beam blitz through a swellow. And summairly, Viktor didn't even attempt to move - as the swellow next to him thudded into him. Pretty much harmlessly; it probably hurt the bird more than it hurt Viktor.

"A-ha!" Ken pointed. "That one! Smash it hard!"

And the aron leapt into the air, headbutting at the spearow that just smacked it.

Viktor takes 29 - 26(Def) = 3 / 4 (4x ineffective) = .75 truncates to 0? Is damage minimum 1? Still

Viktor the Aron: 51/51HP

Viktor then uses Headbutt vs the Swellow that just smacked him! Fortunately his jump skill is 3, so he should be able to get high enough.
Attack roll: [roll0]
Damage roll: [roll1] (Flinches on 15-20)

Major
2012-10-10, 03:46 PM
"Omega, jump over and tackle the Zebra!" Amber called out.

Jump to N23, Tackle!
[roll0] vs 3
[roll1]

Asdfth
2012-10-11, 12:47 PM
(I'll post for Panda)
Clash takes a serious hit but can still stand. "Get close to the zebra and use Force Palm on the zebra. Clash to N22

[roll0]2+DEF
[roll1]

CosmicOccurence
2012-10-11, 01:43 PM
The entire room froze for a second when Amber's magikarp smashed into the blitzle as people tried to figure out how the supposedly useless pokemon harnessed so much power. Volta and Clash took advantage of the situation, launching a combination attack that pushes the blitzle into unconsciousness.

On the other side of the field, the clefairy cringes from iragore's haunting gaze. Almost to comfort itself, it begins to sing a lullaby so sweet it almost makes the lot of you, who can barely hear it, go to sleep.

The tepig and swellow charge the small group of pokemon clustered in the corner of the arena. Tepig spitting flames at Volta, while the swellow swoops around omega, pecking at the little fish's eyes.

As the ferroseed finally enters the battle, it shoots out spines from its hardened shell at Viktor. Wherever they land, they sprout, leeching the life out of anything they touch.

Sing vs Delta & Iragore. AC 11+Spd Evasion [roll0] cases sleep.
Peck vs Magikarp AC 2+Def [roll1]. [roll2]
Leech Seed vs Viktor AC 4+Spd [roll3] At beggining of your turn you lose 1/8 of max health.

planswalker
2012-10-11, 01:47 PM
Volta will blow some bubbles at the tepig

[roll0]
[roll1]

Major
2012-10-11, 01:52 PM
"Leave Omega alone!" Amber growls seeing her poor pokemon get hurt. "Tackle it then jump away!" Amber calls out.

Tackle while jumping over/under the Swellow and moving to M26

[roll0] vs 3
[roll1]

Wabbajack
2012-10-11, 02:08 PM
"Delta, attack the source of interference! Then y+4/x+2."
Delta unleashes a psionic beam on the clefairy and then continues advancing.
Psybeam: [roll0] AC 2, Damage: [roll1]
Then Delta moves to F5

Asdfth
2012-10-11, 02:14 PM
"Alright Iragore close in and use Dragon claw. Iragore moves to B10

[roll0]2+DEF
[roll1]

Kantolin
2012-10-11, 03:11 PM
"Huh." Ken was just as confused as Viktor when that swellow turned out to be another copy. He'd have sworn that only the real one could make attacks, but apparently not.

Then what was /that/?!

He blinked. Now there were things growing on - oh right! Leech seed! He remembered that one!

But that thing had been using an attack Ken was all too familiar with to bolster its physical defense. Viktor probably couldn't bust through that.

"I'm gonna need some help with that thing - Viktor's mostly physical." He warned his allies, as he pointed, calling out much louder to his pokemon. "Try a Mud-slap!"

Viktor moves above the offending pokemon and mud-slaps it.

Accuracy: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] (Attacker must hit +1 to connect)

Asdfth
2012-10-12, 11:57 AM
(I'll post for Panda)
"Move towards the Tepig and use quick attack Clash moves to N16
[roll0]2+DEF
[roll1]

CosmicOccurence
2012-10-12, 12:39 PM
Volta's bubbles strike the Tepig in the side hard, and is quikcly followed by Clash's fist to its stomach, but it manages to stay on its feet and throw itself at Clash, flames bursting out of its nostrils.

Though Clefairy withstands the beam of power from Delta, it falls to Igrore's raging claws. One of the opposing trainers, a girl with bleach blond hair, cries out in dismay.

Victors mud slap hits the wall instead of the Ferroseed, and it responds by continuing to bolster its defenses, turning itself into an untouchable tank.

As Omega tackles the swellow, it disappears, causing another flinch of annoyance from the real, and only, copy. It gives a caw, and swoops at Delta with wings outstretched.

The large bald man pulls out a pokeball and releases a blue pokemon that Jonathan easily recognizes as a marshtomp. It gives a cry and charges into battle, shooting a jet of water at Delta.

Flame Charge: [roll0]. Physical Fire [roll1].
Wing attack: [roll2]. Physical Flying [roll3]
Water gun vs Delta. [roll4]. Special Water. [roll5]

planswalker
2012-10-12, 12:55 PM
Volta will advance to O21 and take out the tepig.

[roll0]
[roll1]

wait for something else to be silly enough to get within range.

planswalker
2012-10-12, 12:57 PM
[roll0]

hope this doesn't kill it...

Asdfth
2012-10-12, 01:10 PM
(I'll post for Panda just in case he doesn't post soon.)
Before Clash goes down Abe orders it to give the Tepig as one last attack. "Use Quick Attack
[roll0]2+DEF
[roll1]

Drake smiles as he takes down the Clefairy "Alright advanced and use Dragon Rage on the real bird." Iragore moves to B4
[roll2]2+SDEF
40 damage don't apply defenses or resistance or weakness.

Major
2012-10-12, 02:21 PM
"Hop on closer!" Amber calls out satisfied she had taken out just a copy.

Kantolin
2012-10-12, 04:07 PM
Ken noted the others as they focsued on the other pokemon in the room - some on the old, some on the new. At the moment, however, none were focused on the ferroseed.

Okay. Viktor's job, thus, has become to focus on the ferroseed himself. If the ferroseed was focused on viktor, it wasn't focusing on anyone else.

"Power through it, buddy."

Viktor paused, glancing towards Ken for a moment before nodding. It understood that - as it'd seen Ken himself do this more than once. Keep it occupied, so it didn't go bother someone else.

"Try to slow it down - headbutt it!"

And Viktor did just that.

Victor will use headbutt (Normal, physical). Which I presume won't hurt much if at all, but flinches on a 15-20! C'mon, RNG!

Damage roll in case: [roll1]

Wabbajack
2012-10-12, 05:46 PM
After being missed by the bird Delta gets hit by a stream of water, though it seems to be barely hurt by it.

"Ignore those attacks. X+1/Y+1/Z+2 and give them an example of your Hidden Power!"

Delta moves on, undaunted by the attack, floats up into the air and releases a burst of psychic power.
Move to 4G+2 and then Hidden Power: [roll0] AC 2, [roll1] Damage

CosmicOccurence
2012-10-12, 07:16 PM
After Igraore's attack, the swellow seems barely conscious, but when Delta's blast of psychic power slams into it, it hits the ground hard. The marshtomp takes the hit like a champ, and spits a giant glob of mud at the offending porygon.

The ferroseed is undamaged by your attack, and any damage it might have taken is quickly healed by the parasitic link between he two pokemon. It does seem to be stunned by it though, and can do nothing more than sit for the moment.

Mudshot[roll0]. AC 3 special ground. [roll1]

planswalker
2012-10-12, 07:18 PM
Volta will limp to O19

Major
2012-10-12, 08:33 PM
"Alright, let's try and catch up to the other fight before it ends..." Amber mumbles, "Jump forward!"

Shift to N19

Asdfth
2012-10-12, 10:56 PM
"Alrightthey got two to go. Iragore advance and use Dragon Claw on Marshtop Iragore moves to G5
[roll0]2+DEF
[roll1] Dragon Attack

Kantolin
2012-10-13, 02:47 PM
"Keep near him, Viktor!"

C'mon, Viktor, tough it out. Keep the sturdy grass guy focused on you.

Viktor... uh, had to have moved adjacent to iron head him, so now he goes to I-13 and uses mud slap on the ferroseed!

Damage roll: [roll1]
(Ferroseed must roll +1 on attacks for the encounter if this hits)

Wabbajack
2012-10-13, 04:21 PM
Delta is hit hard by the Marshtomp's attack but remains conscious.

"Delta retaliate!"

The mud covered Porygon unleashes a psychic beam towards it's opponent.
Psybeam: [roll0] AC 2, Damage: [roll1]

CosmicOccurence
2012-10-13, 06:46 PM
Volta and Omega are ignored as they attempt to make their way towards the rest of the combatants on the field.

The Ferroseed seems distracted by the attack, but it took little actual damage. It seems content to wait the battle out for the moment, knowing the end for the aron was near.

The attacks of Delta and Victor hit the marshtomp hard, but it remains standing and shoots a jet of water at porygon, hoping to take the database pokemon out of the fight.

[roll]Water Gun! [roll0] AC 2 Special Water. [roll1] 17 Crit Damage

planswalker
2012-10-13, 06:50 PM
Volta creeps forward to O17.

Kantolin
2012-10-13, 07:49 PM
Viktor was getting a little shaky with the leech seed draining him. Still, he boldy kept his footing - glaring down the ferroseed.

(Viktor uses iron defense again, and will otherwise sit there!)
(Viktor's HP: 25/51)

Major
2012-10-14, 02:05 PM
"Continue the valiant charge!" Amber cheered watching Magikarp plop closer.

N15

Asdfth
2012-10-15, 05:55 AM
Ken I will help after I defeat this Pokemon. Iragore advanced and use assurance. Iragore goes to M5
[roll0]2+def
[roll1]Dark Attack

CosmicOccurence
2012-10-15, 08:57 AM
The marshtomp fell with thud that rang of finality. A second passed, then on traner returned the Ferroseed; We conceed, its over.

The six of them were escorted out by men in black suits, as you were taken to the same room that you had been in when the president and his daughter talked to you.

Congratulations! Have some XP. 1,875 to your pokemon. 1,000 if it fainted.

planswalker
2012-10-15, 09:01 AM
Volta found the workout of that combat quite brutal, dragging herself along this harsh floor. Leon will send out Nicolai really fast to hit Volta with enough electricity to heal her back full before leaving.

using brutal workout, cutting Volta's hp in half.

then taking advantage of her volt heal by having Nicolai use spark on her until she's healed.

Asdfth
2012-10-15, 09:13 AM
Iragore taking out 3 evolved Pokemon was quite a challenge but she stuck in out and that trained her. "Your power was quite impressive Iragore you never let me down."
I use Brutal Workout on Iragore.

Major
2012-10-15, 02:55 PM
Amber ran over and hugged her Magikarp, glad that it had successfully fought well for it's first pokemon battle. She didn't care what people said, a magikarp could be strong without having to evolve.

However, looking over the injuries, she was reminded why she disliked pokemon battles. She hoped that she would get a chance to heal Omega quickly. "Good work Omega, let's get you in a pokeball until you get a chance to heal."

Kantolin
2012-10-15, 03:01 PM
"Phew!"

Ken picked up his Aron. "Way to hang in there, buddy. You really toughed that out."

"Aaaa-ron." The small pokemon nuzzled into his trainer's chest. Ken smiled, carrying his pokemon towards the main meeting room.

CosmicOccurence
2012-10-16, 04:53 PM
In walk the president and hi daughter, followed by two men who seem to be in their late 30s. The first is average height with flaming red hair and a twirled goatee to match. He wears a tailored charcoal grey suit and is tucking a pokegear into his pocket. Behind him came another man, hulking to the point of gianthood. He has short cropped hair, and has a single earring dangling from his left ear. He wore a tight black tanktop, and ripped jeans soiled with grease.

They all sit down in front you, smiling widely. The president talks first: Congratulations on winning the battle. You're now officially hired as Devon employees. These are my younger brothers: Mr. Stone and Mr. Stone.

The man with red hair smiled slightly. Call me M.

The large man laughed heartily. You see, it gets confusing if someone calls Mr. Stone and three people turn around looking for the person. So we just go by M and A.

CosmicOccurence
2012-10-16, 05:02 PM
Together they run ERASE, our R&D department.

A. interjects in a booming voice, If you want to get technical, you can call us the Evolutionary Research and Seafaring Exploration department. It's a good department, I can build as many submarines and launch as many expeditions as I like. M here is trying to figure out how evolution stones work.

His brother raises an eyebrow Roughly yes, but this isn't why we're here today. They'll get the full tour later. In the meantime can we get on with things?

Oh, right. The president produces a manilla envelope for each of you and places them on the table. Your first job. We need you to go to the power plant in Mauville.

planswalker
2012-10-16, 05:20 PM
Leon immediately perks up. "New Mauville power plant? I've always wanted to go there. I've heard a lot about it."

Kantolin
2012-10-16, 05:36 PM
Wow. Normally big guys looked about the same level of 'big' to someone as short as Ken, but that guy took the cake.

He didn't look terribly professional, though. Although that likely made sense when you're the president's brother. Really, Ken didn't actually care himself about how people looked, mind you, he just was reminded of the plethora of times he'd had to wear a suit and was slightly jealous about someone who didn't.

He was very glad when they changed 'Mr. Stone, Mr. Stone, and of course Mr. Stone' to M and A. He was worried about precisely the worry they'd cited.

It seemed A was very proud of his work. M seemed more like the President's daughter - practical and to the point. He had to do a bit of reaching to get at his envelope, and seemed to be looking over the documents inside with his Aron, reading what it says to do rather than asking questions about it right that instant.

Major
2012-10-16, 08:26 PM
"You know evolution stones?" Amber asked her eyes lighting up, "Have you heard anything about a stolen eevee?"

Asdfth
2012-10-16, 08:54 PM
Drake picks up his manilla envelope and starts reading it for mission details."New Mauville power plant doesn't sound to complicated."

CosmicOccurence
2012-10-16, 09:35 PM
Leon immediately perks up. "New Mauville power plant? I've always wanted to go there. I've heard a lot about it."

Samantha smiled, seeming much more relaxed than before the battle. You'll certainly get your chance. It was no coincidence that an electric specialist was selected for this job. You seem excited for it, I'm glad some of my choices turned out well.

"You know evolution stones?" Amber asked her eyes lighting up, "Have you heard anything about a stolen eevee?"

M.'s eyes narrow for a moment before he responds. My research deals with the effects of radiation from evolution stones. I can personally assure you that all of our pokemon were either captured in the wild or raised in captivity from birth. If you'd like you may inspect our population of evees to see if you recognize any; we have quite a few, they are wondrous pokemon especially in my line of research..

Drake picks up his manilla envelope and starts reading it for mission details."New Mauville power plant doesn't sound to complicated."

It quickly becomes apparent to you that the power plant is anything but simple. The envelope contains a detailed blueprint of the plant, very detailed. Also enclosed were correspondence from resident scientists to Devon Headquarters. You can't take in many details before M. starts to speak again.

As some of you may know, Devon Corporation runs the New Mauville Power Plant that supplies 87% of electricity in Hoenn. Three weeks ago we stopped receiving correspondence from the scientists who live in the plant as well as automatic data collection from the plant. Two weeks ago the plant stopped producing energy for the entire continent. We've been running from our surpluses of energy stored over the years.

For those of you who aren't as well educated about this topic as Leon, the power plant is more than just a series of generators. Ten years ago, electric pokemon flocked to the plant and began infighting. This casued a series of blackouts throughout Hoenn. A. and I developed technology to harness their latent electricity which both increased our energy output by 400% and softened the tempers of the pokemon. Some of our last correspondences described wild pokemon becoming more and more violent. We believe something happened to our harvesting device, and the pokemon destroyed all the communications equipment. The scientists, we don't know about.

A. steps up to speak, All of Devon experiments are on hold until the power comes back on. We conduct no experiments and launch no expeditions. This could turn into a catastrophe if this gets out to the public. This needs to stop before it gets any worse. And that's where you come in.

Major
2012-10-16, 10:07 PM
Amber looks down sadly, "No...I doubt you'd steal my eevee and hire me...I just meant if you guys knew eevees and stuff maybe you'd know who would. I'll look another time..." She said softly and sadly, "I'll just get the mission done for now..."

planswalker
2012-10-16, 10:42 PM
Leon nods along in agreement as the president describes the power plant. Just what he'd heard.

"I assume our dossier has all relevant information pertaining to this mission. My only question is whether we need to provide our own transportation or if it will be provided."

Asdfth
2012-10-16, 11:53 PM
"So it is just stopping the wild Pokemon and searching and protecting any scientists. The basics sound pretty easy Drake said while looking at the blueprints."Like Leon said are we walking there or are we going by vehicle? I don't mind either.

Kantolin
2012-10-17, 02:00 AM
"...that sounds terrible!"

Ken was tense by the details. "Whatever's doing this is not only trying to black out the region, but also get these electric pokemon to go at each other's throats? I really hope this is just some freak occurance, as I don't want to even imagine what anyone can be hoping to gain out of this."

He shook his head. "And three weeks? I hope those scientists haven't been trapped there this whole time. Let's get moving however we're going - sooner than later."

Wabbajack
2012-10-17, 09:02 AM
"That sounds like a serious problem. May I ask if we are to be provided with any kind of resources for this job? Also, and I don't want to sound pretentious, but why are the mission informations in physical form? Surely it would be far less likely to be leaked or stolen if it was stored in an encrypted digital medium."

CosmicOccurence
2012-10-17, 10:16 AM
Leon nods along in agreement as the president describes the power plant. Just what he'd heard.

"I assume our dossier has all relevant information pertaining to this mission. My only question is whether we need to provide our own transportation or if it will be provided."

You'll be going yourself. All of our projects are shut down at the moment, including our forms of transportation. You'll either be able to go through Rusturf tunnel to Vendenturf town and take the road east, or you can head south through the petalburg woods, take a ferry to Slateport, and then the road north. The ferry route will be safer, but take twice as long.

He shook his head. "And three weeks? I hope those scientists haven't been trapped there this whole time. Let's get moving however we're going - sooner than later."

A. acknowledges you with a nod, The power plant doubles as an emergency disaster shelter. There's enough food to feed the scientists for at least ten years. If they survived any attacks from the wild pokemon, they'll be living there in relative comfort.

"[COLOR="Teal"I don't want to sound pretentious, but why are the mission informations in physical form? Surely it would be far less likely to be leaked or stolen if it was stored in an encrypted digital medium.[/COLOR]"

Samantha steps up, With the gaining popularity of Porygon and Rotom, pokemon that can invade computers no matter how encrypted they are, the most secure medium for information is physical formats. Easy to destroy in a hurry, and it can't be reconstructed like electronic files can.

You have three weeks to reach the Power Plant and dissolve the situation in addition to assisting the scientists in restarting the power plant. Wattson has the key to bypass the bomb shelter doors. We'll supply you with $3,000 now, $10,000 on your return. I recommend you buy paralysis healing items.

Also, M. looks at Leon but addresses the whole group, I know you'll want to capture most of the pokemon at the plant. Please do not capture more than three pokemon in the power plant, they are essential to its functioning.

You can keep asking questions, or leave and start preparations. It will take one week through vendenturf, and two through slateport. I recommend planning on the pad as opposed to in this thread.

planswalker
2012-10-17, 03:43 PM
is that three each or total?

splitting 3 total 5 ways would be rough

"We don't really have the time to waste taking the long way around."

edit: "If five of us will be going, would you consider allowing us to catch one pokemon each from the power plant? Surely if New Mauville can spare three, two more won't harm things. We can breed some new 'mons to replace the ones we take in the long run."

CosmicOccurence
2012-10-17, 11:56 PM
is that three each or total?

splitting 3 total 5 ways would be rough

"We don't really have the time to waste taking the long way around."

edit: "If five of us will be going, would you consider allowing us to catch one pokemon each from the power plant? Surely if New Mauville can spare three, two more won't harm things. We can breed some new 'mons to replace the ones we take in the long run."

They consider your suggestion for a second. Five pokemon, and we'll require you to deliver five electric type eggs to Wattson. Any more questions?

planswalker
2012-10-18, 04:13 PM
"That's all from me."

Leon will head over to the gym to see about challenging for his first badge.

Kantolin
2012-10-18, 04:33 PM
"Then I should get moving - I should work on TMs for a moment first."

Ken nodded, just before Leon left. "Let's all meet up at the gym afterwards, then. Is anyone else going to the mart first? I'll walk with you, if so."

"Aron!"

CosmicOccurence
2012-10-18, 06:11 PM
"That's all from me."

Leon will head over to the gym to see about challenging for his first badge.

You arrive at the gym which is much more populated than when you came in the morning. In addition to pokemon battling, many trainers were training with each other in the cages using their bodies as weapons.

The academy student came up to you with a smile; is bonsly, apparently healed after your battle, trailing behind him. Hey, I thought you'd be back. How'd your interview go?

planswalker
2012-10-18, 07:22 PM
"Got the job. Can't discuss details, but it looks like I'll get to travel. Anyways, I'm here to see about challenging for my first gym badge."

CosmicOccurence
2012-10-18, 09:18 PM
Did somebody say challenge? booms a loud voice behind you. When you turn you see a man that seems to be built along the same lines as A. Big, muscular, and loud. He all he's wearing are shorts and a wrapping of bandages around his hands.

You want to challenge me? What's your name and how many badges do you have? As he talks, he leads you down to the bottom level to the center cage and opens the heavy stone door for you to enter.

planswalker
2012-10-18, 09:26 PM
Did somebody say challenge? booms a loud voice behind you. When you turn you see a man that seems to be built along the same lines as A. Big, muscular, and loud. He all he's wearing are shorts and a wrapping of bandages around his hands.

You want to challenge me? What's your name and how many badges do you have? As he talks, he leads you down to the bottom level to the center cage and opens the heavy stone door for you to enter.

"Leon Kennedy, sir. This would be my first badge challenge."

CosmicOccurence
2012-10-18, 09:53 PM
"Leon Kennedy, sir. This would be my first badge challenge."

Fresh meat eh? We'll each use two pokemon in this battle, if you recall your pokemon before it faints you may send it out at a later point in the battle. Ready?

The door to the cage slams shut, and suddenly the area seems much smaller. Welcome to the cage sonny. He releases what appears to be a rock with arms.

Have a Map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Al4jVK75mdpjdGFmVjVUU05WYlVoVnc4RGxXUmdWb 3c#gid=0).

Its speed is 2, you'll probably go first

planswalker
2012-10-18, 09:55 PM
Leon will start with Nicolai and scan the 'mon.

Nicolai will start with thunder wave to paralyze the thing.

Major
2012-10-18, 11:48 PM
As the others went about their way Amber waited a bit, "Ummm...while I wait for the others to get ready and such, are there any pokemon I could see or visit?" She asked, "I like seeing new pokemon."

Asdfth
2012-10-19, 03:37 AM
"Yeah I'll get some supplies Ken we can fight the gym leader later. Then after that we would probably need some healing for our Pokemon then we can head out. Drake proceeded to go towards the market.

CosmicOccurence
2012-10-19, 02:46 PM
Leon will start with Nicolai and scan the 'mon.

Nicolai will start with thunder wave to paralyze the thing.

Nicolai's arc of electricity washes off the small rock without any effect. The pokemon grins, cracking it's knuckles menacingly. Electric attacks won't work against Shale. It digs its hands into the ground and throws jagged rock shards at Nicolai.

Rock Throw. [roll0] AC 4 Physical Rock. [roll1]

Also, I opened the maps up to be edited by you guys also, so please either edit the map or let me know where you release your mon/move and so on.

Kantolin
2012-10-19, 03:04 PM
"Oh, I'd planned on a trip to the pokemon centre on the way to supplies." Ken smiled, tapping his Aron's head as he continued to carry him. "It won't take long away from the trip, and I know Viktor here would like to get these wounds gone."

"Aaaaaron." The Aron nodded contentedly at Ken's tapping.

"So let's go there first. Thanks for the company, though - it's good to have someone to talk to."

CosmicOccurence
2012-10-19, 03:07 PM
Sightseer
Not going to the gym Amber?
M. turns to you with a thoughtful expression. I can give you a quick tour of my part of the ERASE building. You can examine the evees that we have, and look at some of the other pokemon we use in research.

planswalker
2012-10-19, 05:40 PM
Nicolai's arc of electricity washes off the small rock without any effect. The pokemon grins, cracking it's knuckles menacingly. Electric attacks won't work against Shale. It digs its hands into the ground and throws jagged rock shards at Nicolai.

Rock Throw. [roll0] AC 4 Physical Rock. [roll1]

Also, I opened the maps up to be edited by you guys also, so please either edit the map or let me know where you release your mon/move and so on.

the rock missing, Leon will say, "Well, didn't know that this thing was also ground. Looks like I'll have to switch out."

Leon will switch out Nicolai for Volta, who will bubble at the thing.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Major
2012-10-19, 07:07 PM
Amber smiles, "That'd be awesome!"

CosmicOccurence
2012-10-19, 07:32 PM
the rock missing, Leon will say, "Well, didn't know that this thing was also ground. Looks like I'll have to switch out."

Leon will switch out Nicolai for Volta, who will bubble at the thing.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Shale cringes from the bubbles Volta fired at him. When the dust clears, the pokemon is still up, though it looks little worse for ware.

Gneiss smiles at you.Water type was a good choice, but let me show you why we battle in the cage. You can't escape our attacks when the walls stop your movement. Shale raises his arms into the air, and slams them into a ground and causing a miniature earthquake.

Magnitude! [roll0] AC 2 physical ground. [roll1]
On 1 [roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5] Rolled an additional 7 damage for crit in OOC thread.
[roll6]
[roll7]

Asdfth
2012-10-19, 09:47 PM
"Alright Iragore is also a little damage so she could use to batching up. Drake walks with Ken. to the Pokemon center.

planswalker
2012-10-19, 11:47 PM
"Volta doesn't really get up and move very much anyways. But watch out for her in the water."

Volta will use bubble again.

[roll0]
[roll1]

CosmicOccurence
2012-10-20, 12:11 AM
Sightseer

M. nods and quickly walks out of the room. You follow him to the front of the mansion where a long limo waits for you. It quickly takes you across town to a large white building with ERASE scrawled in large, commercial letters.

Welcome to ERASE. Most of the department is research and development of anything that isn't part of the other departments. It also houses the special interests of A. and I. He leads you through a series of hallways with creme walls and doors labeled with small plaques.

You enter a room the size of a gymnasium. Scientists at computers terminals are scattered around the room while various pokemon run on treadmills, have tests run on them, let scientists take their vital signs, or perform practice bouts under watchful eyes. A locked cabinet labeled "Evolution Stones" receives quite a bit of traffic, with workers constantly taking and putting back small colored stones.

Here we run experiments on how evolution stones correlate with the performance levels of pokemon without evolving them. We also run radiology tests on stones to account for variations in evolutions throughout species.

You scan Gloom, Growlithe, Vulpix, Clefairy, Misdrevous, Chandelure, and Snorut

Shoppers

You find your way to the mart, larger than most, filled with a wide variety of Devon products from pokeballs to potions.

The greeter flashes a smile that reeks of boredom. Just let me know if you need any help finding anything.

CosmicOccurence
2012-10-20, 12:40 AM
Cage Boy

The pokemon falls to the ground as you pokedex identifies it as a geodude, the pokemon that evolves into the graveler that sparred in the gym during your last visit.

Gneiss releases a small pokemon with small arms and an abnormally large head.

Major
2012-10-20, 12:42 AM
Amber looks down at each of the pokemon eyes wide with a grin, "So, all those pokemon evolve because of a rock?" She ask following and loving the tour. She had seen the Clefairy, but all the others were brand new to her.

planswalker
2012-10-20, 12:45 AM
"We need to layer on some status effects to give us the time to take it down." Leon says to Volta.

She starts with a confuse ray.

confuses the target, automatically hits

Asdfth
2012-10-20, 12:50 AM
"Yes can I have five Paralyze Heals and five basic Pokeballs. Also do you have a book section I can browse and look through?

Kantolin
2012-10-20, 01:05 AM
Ken nods. "Actually, do you have any TMs? I was looking for Rain Dance - it'd be handy for my new partners."

He paused, glancing at the recently-healed Aron in his arms. "And some pokeballs, I presume. Er, two. I don't need the TM applied right now - that can happen after the gym challenge, heh"

CosmicOccurence
2012-10-20, 01:50 AM
Mrs. Questions

Well specifically the radiation that evolution stones give off, but yes the stones do stimulate evolution. Most of our experiments deal with finding the smallest amount of radiation that will allow pokemon to evolve including standard deviations within specific species. We are also looking at effects of the stones on pokemon whose evolutions use radiation to evolve as well as finding sources of radiation outside of stones, but both are in their experimental stages.

Shopping Spree

The cashier retrieves the requested TM from a locked glass case and checks you all out with the same monotonous expression he wore when you entered. When asked about books, he sighs We sell pokemon merchandise, not storybooks. There's a used bookstore down the road. The only book I have is our catalogue. A very thick tome is placed on the desk with an audible thump. It's so thick you presume it has every product sold in any Devon store in Hoenn.

CosmicOccurence
2012-10-20, 01:59 AM
Cage

You really like status effects don't you? Cranium, finish it.

The pokemon struggles to free itself from confusion and strike you with it's large head.

CONFUSION ROLL! [roll0]. Headbutt [roll1] AC 2 normal physical. [roll2]

planswalker
2012-10-20, 02:01 AM
Volta will use HER instance of thunder wave on the target. It's paralyzed.

Asdfth
2012-10-20, 02:17 AM
Drake gives a quick glance at the shopkeeper. "I'll take my Pokeballs and Paralyze Heals and I'll be on my way. Ken I'll be in the book store if you want to go to the Pokemon Center or gym go ahead I will be at the gym.

Kantolin
2012-10-20, 03:03 AM
Drake gives a quick glance at the shopkeeper. "I'll take my Pokeballs and Paralyze Heals and I'll be on my way. Ken I'll be in the book store if you want to go to the Pokemon Center or gym go ahead I will be at the gym.

Ken pondered for a moment, after pocketing his things and paying for them.

"In that case, I'll head to the gym a bit before you, then, and give you some time. It may be best for expediency, y'know?"

And after thanking the employee, he did just that.

CosmicOccurence
2012-10-20, 09:58 AM
Mr. Paralysis

Again? You sure are persistent. Cranium, finish this before it gets any worse.

The pokemon lunges backwards, and throws itself at Volta recklessley.

Take Down. Par. Roll (6+) [roll0]. [roll1] AC 5 Normal Physical [roll2]

Ouch. Remember in friendly (or non deadly) battles no DST until -200% health

Bookworm

Down the street from the mart is a small used bookstore. The lighting inside is dim and lights up a maze of bookshelves. As you walk in the girl behind the counter perks up immediately. She has curly dirty blond hair pulled up in a ponyta-tail and seems like the type of person who gets excited over small things.

Welcome to Uxie Books. My name is Linnea, just let me know if you need any help finding anything.

Not sure what you're going for here, but if you're looking for a specific book make a perception check. If you're looking for a section of books give me three. For other stuff I may ask for different things

Sticking out Like a Sore Thumb

While you arrive at the gym, most of the people on the top balcony look at you oddly. Apparently midgets didn't come to this gym often.

Down in one of the cages you can see Leon and a large man with no shirt having a pokemon battle.

Cranidos scan, as well as Volta if she hasn't been scanned yet

Wabbajack
2012-10-20, 10:25 AM
Seeing most of the other team members disperse Jonathan thinks how to use the time before they leave the city.
"Pokécenter first, that's obvious. But what after that? Hmm, what was the main type of the local Gym again?"
"I've Heard About This Place Before" roll: [roll0] vs 12
"Hmm, no Idea. Should probably go there either way, we'll meet there after all."

Jonathan will go the the 'Center, heal his Pokémon and then go to the Gym.

Asdfth
2012-10-20, 10:34 AM
Drake walks into the book store and he introduces himself to the store owner."Hello Miss. Linnea I am Drake. Yes do you have any books dealing with myths and legends?

CosmicOccurence
2012-10-20, 10:51 AM
Smarty Pants

The center bustles with trainers and nurses. After a small minute of chaos with a Frostlass and a Gengar, a nurse comes up to you. Welcome to the pokemon center, what can we do for you?

Book Man

Oh just call me Linnea. We have quite a few books on that kind of thing. The Codex has quite a bit of material in it, and then there are quite a few books on specialty material. Agatha has written an extensive volume on the legends surrounding Darkrai for example.

While talking, she leads you through the maze of bookshelves towards the back of the shop. More and more shadows appear the further you go as the lights get dimmer.

Probably should have mentioned she's around 19-20 years old

Asdfth
2012-10-20, 11:15 AM
Drake browses and looks at a few covers."The codex sounds interesting and since you brought up specialty material do you have any concerning Dragon type Pokemon?

planswalker
2012-10-20, 11:20 AM
that actually leaves him 2 hp away from -100%

Leon will bring out Nicolai again, who will use charge.

boosts sdef and adds damage die roll to next damaging electric attack done if performed next round.

CosmicOccurence
2012-10-20, 11:26 AM
Dragon Man

Linnea nods and walks off. She returns a minute later with a stepladder and removes a giant tome that looked older than you grandmother. This is the Codex, it covers everything from creation stories of various religions to stories of great trainers in the distant past. Dragon books are rather rare; most people who are interested in dragons don't care to write books. We have a couple children's fairy tale books about the sky dragon, but you'd find the same information in the codex. What kind of book on dragons are you looking for?

Wabbajack
2012-10-20, 11:30 AM
Jonathan looks a bit nervous.
"I just had a fight and my Porygon got a bit beat up so I would like to have it healed if that's possible."
He takes out the pokéball containing Delta and holds it towards the nurse.

Asdfth
2012-10-20, 11:36 AM
"Oh just looking for a book or any information on a fabled land my grandfather would tell me about when I was child. He use to tell of a land filled with dragon type Pokemon. Though since the only books you have are in the Codex I'd like to purchase it.. Drake carefully takes the book from Linnea's hands.

Kantolin
2012-10-20, 01:19 PM
Ken was neither surprised nor terribly bothered by the stares he received, although he certainly noticed. But well... in a few minutes, he'd be challenging the gym leader and thus would be the centre of attention regardless, so may as well get it out of the way now.

"Hey, that's Leon! Good luck, Leon!"

He paused. Actually, that was the gym leader - so was it fair for him to be watching? It'd give him an edge when he saw what the gym leader could do, after all.

"Hm. Maybe I'll go register first then, Viktor - I don't want to give myself an extra edge."

"Aron!"

Major
2012-10-20, 03:23 PM
Amber looks around listening and trying to understand. While the details about radiation and rocks evolving pokemon were confusing, the more she understood about pokemon the more she could help them. "I see." She says tilting her head.

CosmicOccurence
2012-10-20, 03:57 PM
Challenger with a Tynamo

We're approaching the end. Let's finish this Cranium.

Your pokedex identifies the pokemon as a Cranidos right as it gives a loud cry. Rocks shoot from the floor towards your Tynamo almost as if it was trying to bury him alive.

Rock Tomb! [roll0] AC 5 Rock Physical. [roll1] -1 Speed CS

Bookworm

Well I don't know if the Codex has any information about that, but it's certainly possible. I've only ever read bits and pieces of it. If you're really interested you could try the Diary of Vladimir, the first dragon-master that we know of. The only surviving copy is in the Conclave Library, but if anything had the information you're looking for that would be it. She sighed, I've always wanted to go to that library. They have so many rare texts just waiting to be discovered. And the beaches there are supposed to be wonderful.

The Codex is $500 if you're still interested in buying it.

The Next Challenger

As you're going down the stairs, you hear applause break out around the gym signaling the end of the match. You're quickly ushered into the cage where Gneiss waits. Another challenger, how much experience do you have?

You aren't aware if Leon won or not. This is just to move the game along.

At the Pokemon Center

The nurse takes the ball, Alright, it'll be up and about in half an hour. She collects a few other pokemon, and heads to a back room to do the healing.

ERASE TOUR

M. takes you into a side room that is much smaller. Evees tumble about the room along with their some of their evolved forms.

Welcome to the Evee room. As you probably know, evees are completely unique in the variety of evolutions they can have. They form the greatest pool of information that we as scientists have about radiological evolution. Feel free to check and see if you recognize any.

If you go through them make a perception check

Kantolin
2012-10-20, 04:06 PM
"Ha, you're straight and to the point!"

Ken nodded. "Well - I have yet to challenge a gym yet, so I have no badges. Viktor here is the stronger of my two pokemon, so I don't have too much experience under my belt."

"Aron!"

"Haha, and Viktor feels really comfortable here."

Wabbajack
2012-10-20, 04:18 PM
"Thank you, I'm gonna, uh, just wait here."
Jonathan waits somewhere in the Center where he won't stand in the way.

CosmicOccurence
2012-10-20, 05:00 PM
Ken

Gneiss releases a small pokemon that appeared to be a rock. Let's have some fun.

Map! (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Al4jVK75mdpjdGFmVjVUU05WYlVoVnc4RGxXUmdWb 3c#gid=0)

Jonathan

After half an hour the nurse brings back Delta. Here you go.

Wabbajack
2012-10-20, 05:24 PM
"Thanks, I hope I wont have to come here again... uh, not that I have anything against this place or anyone in here, or, uh... I think I need to shut up."
Embarrassed Jonathan leaves the center and goes to the Gym.

Kantolin
2012-10-20, 06:23 PM
"Okay, Viktor! You ready?"

His Aron stamped the ground. "Aaaaaaaron!" He gave a grin, as did Ken.

"Iron up!"

In which Viktor shimmered, growing more sturdy.

(Viktor uses Iron Defense!)

planswalker
2012-10-20, 08:49 PM
Challenger with a Tynamo

We're approaching the end. Let's finish this Cranium.

Your pokedex identifies the pokemon as a Cranidos right as it gives a loud cry. Rocks shoot from the floor towards your Tynamo almost as if it was trying to bury him alive.

Rock Tomb! [roll0] AC 5 Rock Physical. [roll1] -1 Speed CS

Nicolai takes the hit and barely survives.

"Nicolai, Spark the thing!"

Nicolai complies, his tiny body crackling with its stored power.

[roll0]
[roll1]

CosmicOccurence
2012-10-20, 09:33 PM
Somehow I edited over this post. I'll try to reconstruct it, but no guarantees. Sorry all.

Ken

The pokemon rolls forwards and slams its hands into the ground, vibrations shuddering through Viktor's iron shell.

Dude!

Jonathan

You enter the gym onto a balcony that looks over training grounds littered with large stone cages.

Another new face? This has been one busy afternoon.

Jonathan

The pokemon falls with a thud and is returned by Gneiss. Congratulations, you've just won your first gym badge.

He retrieves a badge and a syringe labeled "Rock Tomb" from an office and offers them to you.

Major
2012-10-20, 11:12 PM
Amber doubted she'd see her eevee, but she wasn't going to risk missing her eevee just in case. As she looked she tried to talk so that she didn't seem like she didn't trust them, "So how many different types of eevee's are there? Like I know people brought a bunch at the daycare."

[roll0]

So what eevees and evolved forms do I see?

Asdfth
2012-10-20, 11:48 PM
"Alright thanks Linnea. Yes I would still like to purchase the Codex. Then I'll make my way to Conclave Library. Once I have free time. I'll be on my thank you for the book and information. Drake purchases the Codex and sets off to the gym.

planswalker
2012-10-20, 11:53 PM
Leon

The pokemon falls to the electric onslaught from your pokemon. Gneiss returns his pokemon smiling. That was a good battle. I believe I owe you this. An small flying bird that your pokedex identifies as an Archen delivers a small bag to him. He removes two objects from it, a small piece of metal and a TM.

Your first badge, the Stone Badge. I'm happy to present it to you. Also one of my favorite TMs Rock Tomb.

"Thank you. I was hoping for a little more mileage out of my status afflictions, but Volta's raw power made the difference in the end. I thank you for the valuable learning experience."

As he takes the badge and tm, there's a shark crack of static.

Startled, he says, "Oh, I'm sorry, don't know how that happened." He ponders the nature of his electric pokemon and how they do what they do as he heads to the pokecenter.

and that gets me to air adept!

CosmicOccurence
2012-10-21, 12:40 AM
Leon

When you reach the pokemon center, a nurse comes up to you, Hello welcome to the pokemon center, what can I do for you?

Both Volta and Nikolas receive 720 xp points before modifiers.

Drake

Linnea rings you up, and as you leave the shop, chandelure appears over Linnea's right shoulder. Linnea yells across the shop at you while you walk out the door, Have a great day, and don't forget to come back if you need more books!

Your journey to the gym is relatively uneventful, though you notice the substantial weight of your purchase. The gym seems lively today, and the room is buzzing with news from what appears to be two challenges that recently occured. Jonathan, who just arrived, stands a little inside the doorway.

Amber

Evee evolves into seven different types of pokemon that we know of; each has a different typing and different strengths. If I may be so bold, what happened to your evee?

You scan evee, as well as flareon, jolteon, espeon, and umbreon

planswalker
2012-10-21, 12:49 AM
"Just won my first gym badge. It was a brutal fight, and I was hoping I could get my team healed before we have to leave for New Mauville."

Asdfth
2012-10-21, 02:35 AM
"Hi Jonathan going to fight as well. Drake looks down and sees Ken fighting. "Good luck Ken As Drake waited he starts to read the Codex. "Jonathan can you tell me when the match is over.

Major
2012-10-21, 06:51 AM
A sad look crossed Amber's face, "It's...I don't know how to put it since it isn't something that is supposed to be possible and I'd never heard of it before." She says with a sigh, "I was heading home with Natalie and then this guy I'd never seen before showed up and was demanding I give him the eevee. I refused and he pointed some weird device at eevee and somehow captured her like she was a wild pokemon. I tried to use the pokeball to bring Natalie back, but it didn't work. She was my first and at the time, only pokemon, so there wasn't much I could do to stop him..."

Wabbajack
2012-10-21, 07:08 AM
"Uh, maybe, probably, I don't really..."
Jonathan's rambling is interrupted by Drake.
"Uh, hi, no idea really, just got here myself."
Jonathan turns back to the greeter.
"I think I would like to try it, or at least speak with the gym leader if that's possible? This is a rock gym I presume?"

Kantolin
2012-10-21, 01:28 PM
"You alright, buddy?"

"Aron!"

"Haha, I know you're tough. Watch out though - that's ground! So!" Ken clasped his fists together. "Rend the earth!"

And Viktor responded.

Viktor uses Metal Claw!
Attack roll: [roll0] <- (We all knew it'd happen, right? :P)

CosmicOccurence
2012-10-21, 03:53 PM
Leon

Congratulations, of course we'll heal your pokemon. It'll be half an hour.

You can either stay here and wait or go do something else.

Also see the top of the pad about taking Air Adept. PM me if you have quesitons

Ken

Victor's claw sails over the rock's head. The pokemon slapped the ground, and shards of rock flew towards victor.

Rock Throw [roll0] AC 4. Rock Physical [roll1]

Johnathan

An incredibly large man walks up to you. Four trainers in one afternoon, this is unusual. Are you both first timers too?

Without waiting for you to respond, he continues in a booming voice. The name's Gneiss by the way; I'm the gym leader here in Rustboro.

Amber

M.'s eyebrows raise in surprise. He opened his mouth to say something, but stopped when a small evee threw itself on you.

You notice that it doesn't look anything like your old friend as far as evees go, but when it curls up on your lap and you run your fingers through its fur, you notice that the tips of little bunches of hair seem dyed. Dark and light blue, yellow, red, black, purple, and green all make appearances on its coat.

An umbreon quickly trots over and picks the little girl up by her neck and carries her away for what appears to be a thorough wash.

Drake

The codex is old, older than your mother certainly, possibly the age of your grandparents. The pages yellowed with time, the words accompanied by hand-drawn pictures.

It lacks a table of contents, but instead follows whatever rambling logic the writer thought was appropriate.

So the codex is going to be a special little book. Searching for information will be similar to searching for wild pokemon. You can pursue it once a day (mechanically, fluff wise its unlimited). Roll 1d100 and subtract your Int modifier (or add if it's negative) lower is better. You may end up with something silly or you might end up with a golden nugget of information about the land of dragons.

Kantolin
2012-10-21, 07:00 PM
Viktor ducked his head slightly, causing the rock to impact off the tough little aron harmlessly.

"Way to power through it, Viktor! Once more!"

Viktor uses metal claw again!

Major
2012-10-22, 01:04 AM
A giant grin crosses Amber's face as the pokemon jumps up to her. She pets it with a giant grin on her face. "Oh!" She says petting it before the Umbreon comes over. "What was with her fur?"

planswalker
2012-10-22, 01:44 AM
Leon will wait the half-hour. He's never been one to abandon his friends while they're injured.

While waiting, he idly rubs his fingers together and a crackle of static discharge is audible with every movement. What is going on with him?

Asdfth
2012-10-22, 02:38 AM
Drake still scans and studies the Codex while the match is happening.
[roll0]

Wabbajack
2012-10-22, 11:27 AM
"Hello Mister... Gneiss? Why is it that gym leaders alway have names that thematically fit with the type of their gym? Did you choose the type because of your name or is it some kind of stage name? And yeah, it's my first time trying something like this."

CosmicOccurence
2012-10-22, 08:55 PM
Ken

The geodude raises its arms again and shoots another round of shockwaves towards viktor.

Dice gods give me a miss. [roll0]. [roll1]

1-[roll2]
2[roll3]
3 [roll4]
4 [roll5]
5 [roll6]
6 [roll7]

Jonathan

Gneiss starts breaking out in hysteric, booming laughs. I have never been asked that before. It is weird how it happens like that, but the similarities aren't intentional.

He leads you down to the cages and produces a pokeball. Ready? A pokemon you immediately recognize as geodude is released, and it stamps it's hands against the ground menacingly.

Brownie points for getting the geology reference. Map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Al4jVK75mdpjdGFmVjVUU05WYlVoVnc4RGxXUmdWb 3c#gid=0)

Leon

The pokemon center remained uneventful throughout the wait, with few injured pokemon coming in. You scan a Blissey ushering two Leafeons to the back rooms, and a small goop-like pokemon that your pokedex identifies as ditto sits on its trainers shoulder shifting forms constantly.

Here you are, congratulations again on your victory. Feel free to come back whenever your pokemon need healing.

Drake

Though you don't find anything referencing the land of dragons, you do find some interesting information regarding the special relationship between the Dratini family of dragons and the pokemon that represent the storm: Thundurus, Tornadus. They share the responsibility to shape the storms that brought water to farmers and rivers to cities. Many a time people saw a Tornadus guiding storms away from people while a Dragonite brought refreshing rainfall to people who needed water more than anything in the world. It even suggested that a flight of Dragonites accompanied the legendary pokemon wherever they went.

Amber

That's Stella. We exposed her to minute amounts of many different evolution stones at the same time. There wasn't any change except from the coloring of her fur. We hesitate to expose anything more for fear of injuring her, but we think we're close to an answer.

I'd love to show you A.'s facilities, but he gets finicky about who goes into his workshop without him. Is there anything else you'd like to see or any other questions you have?

Major
2012-10-22, 09:14 PM
"Thanks," Amber says before giving a shrug, "I'm not really sure all the things you guys do. I just like playing with pokemon, breeding, meeting new pokemon, and teaching them new things. Not sure what else would be good to see."

planswalker
2012-10-22, 09:16 PM
That accomplished, Leon will call out Nicolai to accompany him on his way back. The crackling static with his every move hasn't subsided at all.

In fact, if anything, the walk back was even more noisy. At this level of crackle and hum, it sounded familiar. The sharp pop when Nicolai rubbed against his hand affectionately startled him into recognition! Nicolai sounded just like that shortly after he was hatched, before he mastered his powers.

What was happening to him?

Kantolin
2012-10-22, 10:41 PM
That one was enough to drop the aron, knocking him back with the floor. Ken hoisted his aron first, looking at him.

"You did great, Viktor. Way to power through it."

The aron slowly closed his eyes, quite unconscious. "Okay! Kleid, it's all up to you now!"

"CHOP!" The machop shouted at the top of his lungs. He clasped his red-gloved hands together.

"Kleid! Peg'm with a straight!"

"Ma....CHOP!" The machop rushed forward, delivering a left straight punch. Anyone that spoke pokemon would know that the giant ham was, in fact, loudly shouting the names of his punch as he delivered it... but if you didn't, it'd work as a typical battle grunt. Ken didn't.

Kleid uses karate chop! (Speed is 4)

Attack roll: [roll0] (Physical, fighting, crits on a 17-20)

Asdfth
2012-10-23, 02:26 AM
Truely fascinating Drake thought has he read about the Dratini line. Though I feel like my battle is about to start. Drake but the Codex away and stood there waiting for his match to start. "Good luck Ken and good luck Jonathan."

Wabbajack
2012-10-23, 11:11 AM
"Rock/Ground, I see. Go Delta!"
Jonathan releases his Porygon.

CosmicOccurence
2012-10-23, 11:25 PM
Amber

M. takes you out of ERASE and to Devon Headquarters in the limo you took to his laboratory.

Feel free to come talk to me anytime you'd like. I feel that I could learn as much from you as you could from us. In the meantime I'll ask around; somebody may have heard of your evee.

Ken

The pokemon falls, as your pokedex identifies it as a geodude. Gneiss quickly releases another pokemon. Blue and circular, it has a sturdy shell to protect it from attackers.

You are faster

Leon

You get some odd looks from people you brush into in the busy streets after they jump in shock, literally. As you're about halfway to the gym a girl walks up to you. She's younger than you, probably about 16 and has a pikachu on her shoulder. Belly showing and skintight pants, she is the picture of teenage rebellion.

She speaks in dramatically hushed tones Do you want to draw attention to yourself? Why do you keep cracking people?

Chu! the pikachu peeps in agreement. As she raises her hand to calm the pokemon, you see a peculiar marking on her hand. A black line circled her palm, and inside an image of a bird lay. Jagged lines sprawled around it, reminiscent of lightning bolts.

Roll an Int check with an additional +5 bonus

Drake

As you finish pursuing the Codex, polite applause breaks out around the gym. Jonathan emerges, but before you could approach him, Gneiss takes you into a new cage. I suppose you're also a first timer?

Jonathan

Porygon? Those things are everywhere these days.

You are faster

planswalker
2012-10-23, 11:36 PM
Leon

You get some odd looks from people you brush into in the busy streets after they jump in shock, literally. As you're about halfway to the gym a girl walks up to you. She's younger than you, probably about 16 and has a pikachu on her shoulder. Belly showing and skintight pants, she is the picture of teenage rebellion.

She speaks in dramatically hushed tones Do you want to draw attention to yourself? Why do you keep cracking people?

Chu! the pikachu peeps in agreement. As she raises her hand to calm the pokemon, you see a peculiar marking on her hand. A black line circled her palm, and inside an image of a bird lay. Jagged lines sprawled around it, reminiscent of lightning bolts.

Roll an Int check with an additional +5 bonus

[roll0]

"Hey, girl, I would stop if I knew how. Can't seem to be able to control it. It just started... happening... this afternoon. My body seems to be naturally inducing an electrical current just like an electric 'mon."

Kantolin
2012-10-23, 11:38 PM
Ken

The pokemon falls, as your pokedex identifies it as a geodude. Gneiss quickly releases another pokemon. Blue and circular, it has a sturdy shell to protect it from attackers.

You are faster

"Maaa-chop!"

The machop thrust both arms in the air, then stepped backwars, pointing forward with one fist. "Chop!" And then the other. "Chop!" And then both hands on his side. "Maaaaaa-CHOP!"

He crossed his arms. Ken laughed. "Haha, way to go, Kleid. Watch out though - there's another. Give it one of the same!"

"Maa!" The machop stepped forward, bringing both arms backwards in what was in fact a pointless but admittedly showy maneuver before launching himself into a somersault, bringing both hands down fiercely. "Chop!"

Kleid uses karate chop again!

Attack roll: [roll0] (Physical, fighting, Crits on a 17-20)

Asdfth
2012-10-24, 06:28 AM
"Yes this is my first time competing in a gym battle. Drake then follows Gneiss to a new cage.

Wabbajack
2012-10-24, 08:20 AM
"They are still far from common. Delta, Psybeam!"
Psybeam: [roll0], AC 2; Damage: [roll1]
How high is the "battlefield"?

CosmicOccurence
2012-10-24, 02:21 PM
Leon

You instantly recognize the pokemon tattooed on the girl's palm as Zapdos, the legendary bird of thunder and lighting.

The girl raises an eyebrow, but you can't tell is she's impressed or skeptical. You have no idea what's going on?

Another boy runs up to her, about the same age. He wears a hoodie with the name of a popular band strewn across the front and holey jeans.
Why is this taking so long Stella? He looks at you demandingly, Are you coming?

Skye I haven't told him yet.
Sky turns to you with an aggravated sigh. You're a Volter and if you don't learn to stop cracking everyone who walks down the street then the Jennies'll come after us.

Ken

Kleid's maneuvers give the turtle time to maneuver, but he manages to connect with the blue pokemon. It shakes its head to clear it, and retaliates quickly.

The air thickens as it opens it's mouth. You sense a power of ages past in its stance as it gives a roar. Rock spires fly at Kleid dangerously.

Ancientpower! [roll0] AC 2 special rock. [roll1]

Jonathan

Your attack hits the geodude hard, but it stays concious. Boulder. Rock Tomb. The stones under Delta rise up from the ground and shoot at him.

5 feet high.

[roll2] Ac 5 physical rock. [roll3]

Drake

Well, lets see if you can do as well as your friends did.

He removes a pokeball from his pocket and releases what appears to be a rock with eyes and arms.

Its speed is 2. If your pokemon is faster feel free to take your turn.

Have a Map (https://docs.google.com/a/stolaf.edu/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Al4jVK75mdpjdGFmVjVUU05WYlVoVnc4RGxXUmdWb 3c#gid=0)

Asdfth
2012-10-24, 02:27 PM
"I'll do my best. Alright Charybdis come on out and use scald. Charybdis is next to Drake and shoots out hot water towards the rock.
Charybdis's speed is seven
[roll0]2+SDEF
[roll1]

Wabbajack
2012-10-24, 02:48 PM
The rocks barely miss Delta.
"Ignore his futile attacks. Z+3 and then release your Hidden Power!"
Delta glows purple for a moment before releasing a blast-wave of psychic energy.
Seeing that the Geodudes Blast 3 didn't hit one of the trainers I'm gonna assume that Delta's Blast 3 attack doesn't either.
Delta flies up to 4C+3 and uses Hidden Power: [roll0] AC 2; Damage: [roll1]

Kantolin
2012-10-24, 03:30 PM
Ken

Kleid's maneuvers give the turtle time to maneuver, but he manages to connect with the blue pokemon. It shakes its head to clear it, and retaliates quickly.

The air thickens as it opens it's mouth. You sense a power of ages past in its stance as it gives a roar. Rock spires fly at Kleid dangerously.

[spoiler]Ancientpower! [roll0] AC 2 special rock. [roll1]

"Chop!"

The machop recoiled backwards as the stones struck him in the face. He tried to get his footing, seemed to fail to do so, tumbled backwards into a handstand, and then flipped forward. "Chop!" He called out, getting into a low stance.

It was all Ken could do to not out and out laugh. "Okay, we get it, Kleid. Try a hook!"

"Maaaaaaa - chop!" The machop feinted left, gave an extra exceptionally unnecessary feint right which more or less negated the first feint, and then gave a left hook.

Kleid uses yet another Karate chop!
Attack roll: [roll0] (Physical, fighting, crits on a 17-20)

Kleid's HP: 37/46
(Damage was 28 - 10 = 18 / 2 = 9! Huzzah for an out of the ordinary specially defensive machop!)

Major
2012-10-24, 03:51 PM
Amber thanks the man and heads back in the headquarters to wait for the others.

CosmicOccurence
2012-10-24, 04:27 PM
Amber

As you wait in the Lobby, people filter in and out, but otherwise it seems to be a relatively standard buisness day.

Just so you know, the others are meeting at the gym. Feel free to edit your last post if you'd like to go there instead.

Ken

The turtle takes the blow, and looks distinctly worse for wear, but still manages to muster up the ability to launch an attack at Kleid. It leaps at him, water coalessing around its body, and slammed itself at the machop.

Aqua Jet: [roll0] AC 2 pysical water. [roll1]

Drake

The water connects with the boulder and it blasts into a million pieces. The gym becomes eerily silent as people watch Gneiss.

He slowly stores the pokeball in his pocket. He shudders, tears streaming down his eyes. Suddenly he looks at you, and you feel the weight of a mountain on you.

Get out of my gym. Now.

Gneiss almost looks like he would cross the cage and pulverise you then and there, instead he quickly gathers the remains of the pokemon and leaves the cage.

460 xp to your horsea

Jonathan

As long as you base it in the right square, it can be engineered so that only it is hit. What square does Delta target? Just edit it into your last post and tell me on the pad or in a pm when you've edited.

Kantolin
2012-10-24, 04:41 PM
Ken

The turtle takes the blow, and looks distinctly worse for wear, but still manages to muster up the ability to launch an attack at Kleid. It leaps at him, water coalessing around its body, and slammed itself at the machop.

Aqua Jet: [roll0] AC 2 pysical water. [roll1]

"Chop!"

That chop had a distinctly different ring to it. I mean sure, both of those attacks hurt, but this one hurt a heck of a lot more.

"Maaaa - Chop!" Still, Kleid was not, in fact, all talk. He'd keep going!

Placing one hand by his side, he made a pass in front of his body with the other, which he had seen on TV was how you gathered your chi, whatever that meant - but it had looked cool.

"Go for an uppercut! Check it though - he looks pretty beat up!"

"Maaa..." Ducking down low, Kleid leapt into the air with a rising punch. "Chop!"

Kleid uses yet another Karate chop! But this time he is intentionally foregoing critical hits, if that's okay. >_>

Damage roll: [roll1] (I actually have been forgetting stab!)

Kleid's HP: 15/46
(Damage was 27 - 5 = 22! Suck for being out of the ordinary specially defensive :P)

Asdfth
2012-10-24, 05:33 PM
"Return Charybdis. Drake said somberly. "Please forgive me Gneiss I promise I will do my hardest to earn your forgiveness. Drake said as he left the gym.

Major
2012-10-24, 05:46 PM
Amer waits for a bit before being informed that the others were at the gym. She quickly facepalms and goes running to the gym worried the others would be waiting on her and think she was an idiot.

planswalker
2012-10-24, 07:45 PM
Leon

You instantly recognize the pokemon tattooed on the girl's palm as Zapdos, the legendary bird of thunder and lighting.

The girl raises an eyebrow, but you can't tell is she's impressed or skeptical. You have no idea what's going on?

Another boy runs up to her, about the same age. He wears a hoodie with the name of a popular band strewn across the front and holey jeans.
Why is this taking so long Stella? He looks at you demandingly, Are you coming?

Skye I haven't told him yet.
Sky turns to you with an aggravated sigh. You're a Volter and if you don't learn to stop cracking everyone who walks down the street then the Jennies'll come after us.

"I'd love to learn. Lead the way. I trust this will start to make sense soon." Leon said, still kinda clueless as to what's going on. These two, however, seem to know what they're doing, so he'll trust them for now. If things start to go foul, he's got a pretty strong team. He trusts that he can handle himself. Besides, seeing the symbol of Zapdos engendered some trust in him automatically. The bird was akin to Thundurus among Pokemon legends.

CosmicOccurence
2012-10-25, 02:27 PM
Drake

Stony silence permeates the gym as you leave. The air is crisp an clear outside and people walk up and down the street completely unaware of the events that transpired in the gym.

After a minute, you see Amber walking down the street towards the gym.

Amber

You walk quickly through the crowded streets of most of the city. As you approach the gym, you see Drake standing near the gym looking dejected.

Ken

The pokemon (a Tirtouga as your pokedex identifies it) falls to Kleid's carefully scripted attacks.

And that's the match. Gneiss booms. He returns the pokemon and leads you to his office on the bottom level of the gym. He quickly retrieves a small syringe and a badge and gives them to you. Your first badge, the Stone Badge. Treasure them, as this one's the easiest to earn. Also I'm giving you one of my favorite TMs: Rock Tomb.

Leon

Don't touch anybody. Sky says, and starts walking. The two lead you through back alleyways and dark side streets.

Sky talks as you walkYou're a Volter: a person who can harness the elements that pokemon can use. Usually we manifest our powers during early puberty; it's odd that you're so old and just started showing. It's probably not a natural gift that you were born with, but some kind of outside stimulus instilled it in you.

You arrive at a run down hotel building, obviously out of business. Sky takes off his hood, and you see a similar tattoo to Stella's on the back of his neck. Welcome to The Roost. It's where we live. We're part of the Storm Crows: A family of teenagers who were thrown out of their homes when their powers started appearing. As long as we don't trouble people, the Jennies are willing to ignore our living somewhere that they're supposed to tear down.

Long story short we need you to stop cracking people, or the Jennies'll stop being so accepting of our being here.

Major
2012-10-25, 02:41 PM
Amber waves to the only person she recognized, "Hey there, what's wrong?"

planswalker
2012-10-25, 02:46 PM
Leon

Don't touch anybody. Sky says, and starts walking. The two lead you through back alleyways and dark side streets.

Sky talks as you walkYou're a Volter: a person who can harness the elements that pokemon can use. Usually we manifest our powers during early puberty; it's odd that you're so old and just started showing. It's probably not a natural gift that you were born with, but some kind of outside stimulus instilled it in you.

You arrive at a run down hotel building, obviously out of business. Sky takes off his hood, and you see a similar tattoo to Stella's on the back of his neck. Welcome to The Roost. It's where we live. We're part of the Storm Crows: A family of teenagers who were thrown out of their homes when their powers started appearing. As long as we don't trouble people, the Jennies are willing to ignore our living somewhere that they're supposed to tear down.

Long story short we need you to stop cracking people, or the Jennies'll stop being so accepting of our being here.

"I would love to learn. Is there someone that can teach me?"

Kantolin
2012-10-25, 02:57 PM
"Yeah! Way to go, Kleid!"

"Chop!" The machop pumped both hands in the air. He then did a standing backflip, swinging one arm in a sweep. "Choooop!" He attempted a double backflip, making it about one and a half times through it before landing kinda hard on his head.

"CHOP!" There came that 'ouch that really hurt' shout again. He rubbed his head, as Ken patted him on the back.

"You did a great job, tough guy."

He nodded to Gneiss. "Thank you! I'll treasure it - and I think Viktor can really use that TM, since he doesn't have any rock attacks of his own yet."

He clasped his fists together politely as he walked out of the gym. "Okay, Drake's battle is next - that should give me enough time to go heal up and get both my pokemon TM'd."

(And presuming nothing else needs to happen, Ken will go the pokemon centre, heal both of his pokemon, apply rock tomb to Viktor, apply rain dance to Kleid, and then go back to the gym to meet Drake and Amber outside a bit after they've met each other)

Asdfth
2012-10-25, 03:26 PM
Drake looks at Amber and put his head down "I killed Gneiss's Pokemon Drake said in a somber voice.

Major
2012-10-25, 04:03 PM
Amber gets dead quiet as she hears that unsure what to say. A part of her wanted to know who Gneiss was, another part wanted to know why, and another wanted to ask how. But with the shock and all the questions Amber couldn't find anything to say.

"Um...oh, I see..." She says setting her backpack down and opening it up without saying anything else. She needed a way to distract herself so she released her pokemon and began gathering and trying to make food. "Ummm...if you can release your pokemon I can try and feed them too..." She says quietly.

Able to make food for [roll0] people or pokemon. Amber is focusing on her pokemon, though if I roll high she will eat one herself.

Edit: Ouch...

Amber frowns as she looks at the end result of the food. Her being emotionally upset due to the death of a pokemon had distracted her and she'd messed up and burned a large portion of the food. Looking it over, she sighed, "Great...messed it up, I only got enough for three..." She mumbles. "Errr sorry, I'm not sure I actually have enough. I'm sorry, I said I could and now I can't. That was dumb of me..."

Asdfth
2012-10-25, 04:23 PM
"That is okay Amber your intent was clear and kind."

CosmicOccurence
2012-10-25, 07:42 PM
Leon

Sky turns to you It's a skill that comes with time and effort, just like everything else. If you practice you can do [I]this![/I He shoves his hand into the air and a crackling ball of electricity shoots from it, causing the power line it hit to crackle with energy.

The two lead you into the roost, and you enter into a lobby that's filled with no ceiling. The main floor is littered with various pieces of furniture and a few beds. The stairs remained as a crumbling ruin of marble, with no apparent way to get to the upper floors. More beds sit on the second floor balcony.

Sky, Stella? Who's that? A new Volter?
Nah he's too old, probably a Jenny
Why would they bring a Jenny here?

Sky walks into a small room off the side of the lobby without responding. He returns and tosses you a small object. When you catch it, you see a small metal rod, about the size of a pencil.

Take it. Keep it on you at all times.

Ken

As you head to the pokemon center nothing spectacular occurs. One girl struggles to restrain a pack of dog like mons on several leashes. Her trial by pet care seems comical as she is constantly on the verge of being dragged down the road by the pack of rowdy hounds.

It takes half an hour for your pokemon to be healed and the TMs applied. Your pokemon seem quite sore afterwards. As you reach the gym again, you see Drake and Amber having what seems to be a serious conversation.

You scan Growlithe, Houndor, and Poochyena

You won't be able to use your pokemon for 3 hours without possibly injuring them. This will apply to all TM/HM applications

Kantolin
2012-10-25, 08:17 PM
Ken

As you head to the pokemon center nothing spectacular occurs. One girl struggles to restrain a pack of dog like mons on several leashes. Her trial by pet care seems comical as she is constantly on the verge of being dragged down the road by the pack of rowdy hounds.

It takes half an hour for your pokemon to be healed and the TMs applied. Your pokemon seem quite sore afterwards. As you reach the gym again, you see Drake and Amber having what seems to be a serious conversation.

You scan Growlithe, Houndor, and Poochyena

You won't be able to use your pokemon for 3 hours without possibly injuring them. This will apply to all TM/HM applications

"Poor girl - looks like they're taking her for a drag more than she's taking them for a walk. Looks like she's managing it, though."

"Chooooooop."

"Sorry Kleid - I know it's sore. I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun with this one once you feel better, though."

"Chooooop."

"Aw, quit your whining." He lightly nudged Kleid - just lightly, though, as he knew the machop was still quite sore. "It'll get better."

"Choooop."

"Hey, remember when I had to go get those series of shots? I was out for awhile too."

"Chop." Kleid crossed his arms moodily, and Ken let it go, carrying his Aron who was quite comfortable in his arms.

"Hey - Amber, Drake. How'd it go?"

Major
2012-10-25, 08:18 PM
"Yeah, still..." She says passing on the food to her magikarp, beedrill, and togetic. "So...ummm how'd it happen?" She finally asks.

She looks up as the other guy approaches and nods quietly.

Asdfth
2012-10-25, 08:25 PM
"The match just started and I set out Charybdis. I ordered the attack and it was too strong for the geodude. Drake said looking at the ground. Drake looks up and sees Ken. "Not that well" he said with a force smile.

Major
2012-10-25, 09:06 PM
"Umm...I'm not the best at battling, so ummm I can't say if this is stupid because I don't know something. But I don't think it is really your fault, I mean ummm gym leaders are supposed to be strong and test people and have back ups right? I mean, they are supposed to fight all the time." Amber scratches the back of her head wishing she knew more about how the league and gyms worked and all that. "But, if his job was to test you and all you did was throw one attack, I ummm that sounds like his failing...and uhhhh..." Amber trails off looking at the new comer hoping he knew more, "I'm sorry, I'm not really that great at fighting with pokemon. I mean, if you pinned his pokemon down and beat on it over and over and over again that'd be your fault, but just an attack like you normally would?"

planswalker
2012-10-25, 09:42 PM
"I take it that this is to take the shocks so I don't zap others?

Is there anyone who could show me the basics and how to practice the fundamentals? I really have no idea what I'm doing here."

CosmicOccurence
2012-10-25, 10:00 PM
Leon

They're like training wheels. You need them so you don't hurt yourself or anybody near you. The last thing we need is for you to stop somebodies heart on accident. They'll blame us not you.

We take the outcasts and make them part of the family. We're closer than most blood families, and I'll do anything to keep us together even if it means making sure people like you aren't running around on the street without knowing what kind of a danger they are.

The rod is also your training tool. Work on controlling the charge, shift it from one side of the rod to the other. You'll get the hang of it. Then work without the rod doing the same thing with your hands, that's the tricky part. The hard part is doing it in the air without losing control, but everyone manages that differently so nothing I tell ya would do any good.

You're welcome to stay here with us, but you don't look like you need a home if you ask me.

planswalker
2012-10-25, 10:10 PM
"Well, I was just hired on at Devin corporation and likely will be traveling a lot, but I would be honored to stay with you all when I am in town. I promise to bring in something to help y'all when I get back.

I thank you for the knowledge, and I will practice just as you have said. When I return, is there something I could get you all from my paycheck?"

CosmicOccurence
2012-10-25, 11:39 PM
Must be nice to have a real job, but we don't take charity. If you become a true storm crow you'll be expected to contribute, but we don't accept anything before that happens. We depend on our own, not others.

Kantolin
2012-10-25, 11:45 PM
"...Oh."

Drake's statement and Amber's followup was a decent indication of what had happened - or at least that it was pretty bad.

At first, he thought it was just a loss, but it sounded like there was more to it. Maybe changing the subject was in order.

"Well, uh... we're a little early, so I guess Leon's found something else to do? I didn't see him around the centre."

planswalker
2012-10-26, 12:58 AM
Must be nice to have a real job, but we don't take charity. If you become a true storm crow you'll be expected to contribute, but we don't accept anything before that happens. We depend on our own, not others.

"If you do not take charity, do you also not give it? If not, then I owe you for you help today, whatever self-interest you may also have had in it. I was merely offering to repay for what was given."

Major
2012-10-26, 06:43 AM
"I have not seen him, but I was back at ERASE till a while ago."

Asdfth
2012-10-26, 07:34 AM
"Yeah I think he left after the gym battle."

CosmicOccurence
2012-10-26, 11:20 AM
"If you do not take charity, do you also not give it? If not, then I owe you for you help today, whatever self-interest you may also have had in it. I was merely offering to repay for what was given."

Then how about a favor? I'll let you know when you can repay us. In the meantime I recommend mastering you skills; they're very useful if you develop them correctly. Good luck with work, and come back sometime to show us how you've developed. It's always nice to see more volters in the world.