PDA

View Full Version : (IC) Orre: The Good, the Bad, and the Stunfisk

Pages : [1] 2

Esprit15
2012-09-30, 01:42 PM
Thalos and Luke
The ride over to Gateon was uneventful. Smooth waters, low wind, as has been common in Orrean waters in recent years. You both meet briefly on the way over (decide how you two interacted), but not for long. Had to get that Orrean language and accent down, after all, so there was little time for small talk with other rangers.

When you disembark, the dull roar of the town hits you. In 50 years, the town has grown from a small port between green land and the old desert to the "Door from Orre to the World," or so the sign welcoming new arrivals says. The Krabby Club is still visible in the distance, large claws high in the air, unchanged since its construction decades ago, aside from a few style changes on the outside land. Likely a lot of information passes through there. Several other larger buildings are also visible; some are shops, some legitimate large businesses (one has Devon's logo visible). The rest of the town is filled with smaller one or two story buildings, though most less resemble the haphazard style that those only familiar with pre-Cipher Orre would come to expect. People seem to be rushing every which way in the town, though a few seem to also be chatting in a large open square that appears to be completely torn up. Naturally, there are a few tourist stands as well, necklaces and such hanging near them. Might find some interesting supplies there.

Sarai, Rai and Duren
Wow, Gateon is way larger than Sarai remembers Agate ever being. Makes sense. Agate was an old community, slow to change with the times. Still, the town, while loud even near the outskirts, was not intimidating. The atmosphere was more rushed than Agate, but still friendly. Must come from being a tourist town. For the other two, it's just another city with a lot more accents. For Rai, the humid, ocean air is nearly choking in comparison with Phenac's still fairly dry climate.

As you entered the town from your various directions, you saw what appeared to be the gym, a large building overlooking the ocean, and what appeared to be structures that stretched off of it into the water, connected to several large windmills and a small wall about a kilometer out. Other than that, some large buildings (one resembling a Krabby), a large, open, badly beaten square, and a smaller than average ship that was unloading tourists in front of some strategically placed tourist stands.

Regalus
2012-09-30, 03:36 PM
Sarai inhaled deeply taking in the fresh sea air, even as she took in the sites along side Anaia. The air was no wear near as fresh as Agate's, but the fresh cool breeze more than made up for it; in either case it was still better than Phenac in that respite. After getting her baring she decides to send her friends a quick message through her pokegear; taking a moment to at some of the wares being sold at the stands, while she waited for a response.

To:Rai, Dur.
Hey guys, we just made it to Gateon; weather's great. U guys here yet, or ya still on the way?

Esprit15
2012-09-30, 04:00 PM
The message sends without trouble, and you are notified that the message has been successfully recieved about 5 seconds later.

Most of the stands are not very interesting. Tourist stuff, predominantly. Hats, shirts, the obligatory snow globe. A few more practical things as well. Pokéballs with interesting designs on them, a few stylized Type Boosters, and a bit further, some high quality battle items like Choice Bands. One food stand is selling some scraps of a pastry for Pokémon to enjoy (Leftovers). A few foreign trainers are crowded around the booth that actually has supplies like the boosters. The prices are obscene though. 1500 for an Ultra Ball just for adding a Krabby design over it! A few people are arguing with the venders about the prices though, so it may not be set in stone.
Prices are 150% the normal at the stands. If you do buy anything here, you can haggle with the vendors. Roll a CHA Check (DC: 13) to lower the price by 10% the normal per point over the DC (So you would have to roll an 18 after mods to get something at normal price)
In the square, you can hear the sound of Pokémon being let out as a battle starts. Too far for your dex to scan though. A few other people seem to be looking for a fight as well.

Dragonsage
2012-09-30, 05:24 PM
Thalos places on his shades as he exits off the boat and takes a look around. He then sends a message to the other ranger he had met on the ride over. 'Ah Orre. Looks interesting.' He thought as he walked off into town, trying to gauge the locals while browsing around the stands for a few minutes before looking for a location where he could check in with some other local rangers.

Message to Luke
Was nice meeting you. I'm going a head into town, maybe i'll see you around.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-09-30, 07:04 PM
Luke breathes in deep, scanning the bustling crowds. So many marks, so little time. Wait no. He is here on a mission. His phone buzzes, and he reads the. Oh that Thalos fella. Looked pretty nimble. He'd might be fun. Luke decides to track down this Thalos, whilst observing the local delights. And by delights, he means people.

Regalus
2012-09-30, 07:16 PM
Sarai frowns at the clear highway robbery taking place at the stands; preferring to save her business for the time being, even if a few pieces of merchandise had caught her eye. After traveling so long, she wasn't in the mood to haggle right now.

With her cursory search compleated, she decided to continue her stroll; upon hearing all the bustle from the plaza, she decides to scope out the area. At the very least she might find something to entertain herself while the others arrived.

shockbros
2012-09-30, 07:52 PM
Rai glanced around the port. He coughed lightly, cursing at how different the air was here. As he glanced around Gateon looking for his friends, he felt his Pokenav vibrate. Sighing deeply and trying to get used to the air, he replied to the text.

Yeah I am here. Weather fine, humidity killing me though

Esprit15
2012-09-30, 08:17 PM
Thalos
(Same info on the stands as earlier) The locals here seem friendly enough. Some are visibly rolling their eyes at the shysters at the stands, but that's true of any place. Most just seem rushed. A few are enjoying battles in a torn up square of town. You see no sign of other rangers really. Wow, they weren't kidding when they said that you were going to pretty much be on your own here. The is a small building that appears to be a police department, some ways past the square.

Luke
Thalos walks right by you and goes to browse the stands. The people seem a bit rougher than what you're used to. Many with Pokémon do seem to have a slight charm to them. General fitness, grace, better self care. Interesting.

Sarai
Several trainers are battling in the plaza. Wait, no, that's only two people, but they're commanding Pokémon with such efficiency that you mistook it for more. There are cheers on both sides as hits are landed and boos when one glances off.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-09-30, 08:30 PM
Luke licks his lips delisciously while he tails Thalos. Wasn't going to reveal himself quite yet, he wanted to see where the other boy was heading.

Regalus
2012-09-30, 08:33 PM
Sarai observes the battle, replying to Rai's text; before scaning the mon and asking around to find out who the battlers are.

To Rai, Duren:
I'm over at the main plaza, there seems to be something big going on over here; if ya ca get over here so we can meet up,

shockbros
2012-09-30, 08:59 PM
Rai read the reply. Half hoping Sarai would have suddenly suggested leaving the area so he could take a good dry breath of air, he sighed when he saw the real reply. He made his way to the square, keeping an eye out for her and hoping whatever was happening there would be interesting enough to distract him from his current discomfort.

Durami
2012-09-30, 09:13 PM
Duren sighs lightly as he walks into the plaza, the text said for them to be there and it's been awhile since he was in the plaza. things have changed considerably since he had arrived and he'd hope he could find his friends soon, he notices the commotion and starts heading towards it, maybe this is what his friend was talking about?

Esprit15
2012-09-30, 10:38 PM
Not Ranger Dudes and Dudette
Two Pokemon scan as a Meganium and an Umbreon, their trainer a man who, while healthy, still seems to be nearly 70. His left arm appears to be mechani- Why it's Wes! Seems he was enjoying a friendly battle. "Who Wes is fighting? Eh, some nobody, or at least I don't know him. Good trainer though, if he would actually demand a battle of him, an unlimited one no less."

(OOC NOTE: An unlimited battle would be a battle where a trainer may use any owned Pokémon they wish, normally only in reference to one with officials such as a leader. In one, they will normally use their strongest Pokémon.)

The other trainer appears to be a far younger man, somewhere in his late 20's or early 30's. Dark haired, thin glasses, fairly nice suit (which makes him stand out among the rest of the Orre natives). He commands an Escavalier and a Shedinja that seems to reflect an unusual amount of light.

"Sten, dual! Husk, prevent!" The Pokémon seem to understand the codes. The Escavalier makes a stab at both of Wes's Pokémon, but they seem almost uninjured. The Shedinja hums, though nothing seems to happen immediately.

"Dusk, copy the bug. Leaf, quake." The crowd doesn't even seem panicked, simply takes several steps back as the Meganium leaps over and sets off a shock wave that tears up the ground, the Shedinja bursting from the hit, the Escavalier floating above the trembling earth, only to be tackled to the ground and beaten with its own limbs, falling unconscious. The two men shake hands, the unidentified man recalling his team, laughing. "Heh, should have assumed: Still a great trainer. Took on my whole team with only two walls. Excellent match, Wesley." Wes seems to only glare at the man. Either he didn't like the name Wesley or they had some other issue... probably nothing.

Wes and the man separate, Wes returning to the station. You all spot each other at opposite sides of the plaza as Wes and the suited man walk off. Demands for battles seem to have halted briefly as people watch the two men, several following the suited man asking where he got so strong, or why he challenged Wes.

Dragonsage
2012-09-30, 10:56 PM
'Wow, they weren't kidding when they said I'd be among the first rangers here.' Thalos sighed as he couldn't any local rangers. 'Not sure if I should feel honored about that.' He shrugged he before heading into the police station, thinking it best to at least check in with the local authorities.

Esprit15
2012-09-30, 11:27 PM
Ranger and his Stalker
You enter the police station. The place is a lot more... prepared, than your ranger station back home. Rifles, tear gas, shotguns... Dang, they don't kid around here. A few of the larger weapons have a fine bit of dust on them, though, so that's reassuring. The space is pretty cramped, and the building seems to be older than you are. As you look around, an elderly man steps in, and everyone stands at attention.

Dragonsage
2012-10-01, 12:19 AM
Thalos takes note of the elder man entering the room with everyone paying him respect, he deduces that he had to be in charge. He then approached the man and saluted him. "Thalos Swiftwind, Special ops ranger. Thought I check in with the local police since I'm apparently one of first rangers here."

shockbros
2012-10-01, 12:31 AM
Rai smiled once he saw his friends, but was really more focused on the battle. He made sure to scan the pokemon before the battle ended From the sound of things, the younger man had lost by a pretty wide margin, and he knew Wes was pretty tough, but curiosity was eating away at him. How badly did the other man lose? Everyone here was probably watching the battles since near the beginning, and their thoughts would be swarming with nothing but that, so Rai did a quick scan of peoples' minds as they walked away to see what he could gather about it.

((OoC: Using Telepathy, range is 45 meters...Just in case :P))

Esprit15
2012-10-01, 12:38 AM
Thalos
The few police in the room shoot you some harsh glares and one particularly tall one stands up and begins to approach, though the elderly man signs him to sit down, which he does very quickly. The man keeps order, that's for sure. He looks at you and speaks very quietly and steadily. "I recommend you don't share that information with very many here. Locals aren't too fond your your kind." He shoots the man another glare. "I've been working towards getting us tied more closely to other regions, but..." He sighs. "Best you keep your head down. Especially in Pyrite and the Under."

Rai
The guy was completely torn apart. No deaths, but that Umbreon and Meganium made it handily. An Engineer watching was chuckling to himself. 75% and 53%. What was that fool thinking, using Heal Block?

Heh, Traced that Wonder Guard part way through and the fight was over.

You get similar thoughts for a while and eventually thoughts return to battles. Excuse me sir, but some people like privacy. Mind keeping your thoughts to yourself, or would you like to get in a fight over it?

MesiDoomstalker
2012-10-01, 12:53 AM
Duly noted Mr.....? Luke took this moment to reveal himself, though he figured half the room knew he was there anyways. He made a small, curt bow and wore a sincere smile. One of his less creepy ones. Which was still kind of creepy.

shockbros
2012-10-01, 12:58 AM
Rai bit his lip. For a moment he felt anxiety and terror, but after this immediate reaction, he seemed to maintain his composure. Sweeping around minds here and there was, admittedly, a guilty pleasure of his, but he couldn't even remember a time where he had ever been 'caught' probing minds. He made a mental note to at least try to be more careful in the future, and pick his telepathy targets more carefully and possibly perform less 'sweeping' group probes unless there was some sort of emergency.

"Pardon me, I arrived at the very end of the battle, and I was curious about how the rest of it had played out. I only wanted a more complete picture of it, didn't mean to pry. I am done and will stop now, I apologize once again.

Rai stopped searching through peoples' minds, focusing once again more on his surroundings than the several subconscious he was peering into. He glanced subtly at the people he had targeted, wondering who could have possibly been aware of what he was doing...

Esprit15
2012-10-01, 01:22 AM
The Duo
"Wes. Simply Wes. I hate titles." He steps closely to Luke, looking you directly in the eye, still speaking very slowly. "I have seen your file, boy. While I am for Ranger aid in Orre, I expect them to be here on duty. Do you understand me? I-" Sir, your blood pressure. An Espeon walks out from further in the station. Wes and the Pokémon communicate silently for a few moments, and the Pokémon leaves (you may scan it). "You're not mine to command, but I am asking that you remember who you are representing. If you behave and do well, it may make bringing more rangers here easier, and improve public opinion."

The Mind Pryer
You fail to find the guy, though a few people make note of the trainer walking around looking at everyone. (If you want to find the guy, perception check)

Dragonsage
2012-10-01, 01:23 AM
"Oh, hello Luke." Thalos just now noticed the other ranger following him, but he tried kept his expression normal. "I'll do my best to remember that sir and will try my best not to cause trouble for your progress."

Durami
2012-10-01, 09:38 AM
After a few scans through the area he spots Rai among all the other trainers, his bright yellow attire and the fact he keeps searching back and forth for something sort of giving him away, he walks towards the guy from the back and solidly gives him a hearty smack in the back RAYMOND! Long time no see man, that was SOME match huh? Wait, where's Sarai?

MesiDoomstalker
2012-10-01, 11:29 AM
Luke stands straighter and gulps. He wills himself to remain neutral. His natural urge to become submissive and subserviant were a bit out of place and unproffesional. That was exactly what Wes was talking about.Uh, yes Sir-, uh, I mean, yes Wes. Luke doesn't even acknowledge the other Ranger. He was too busy avoiding being Luke.

shockbros
2012-10-01, 05:08 PM
Rai felt like everything that was right in the world was suddenly broken and gone. Ray...mond...? The name sounded so foreign, but it must have been directed at him. He slapped his back, and then said the name. No one else is really close enough within earshot who is also male to be directed at anyone else. His name WAS Raymond once upon a time...It couldn't possibly...His eyes flashed, he felt electricity crackle in his hands, then fade as quickly as it came. He looked up at the one who dared utter this blasphemous title upon him and replied
"..."

Durami
2012-10-01, 06:32 PM
"it IS you how have you been man! Wow I haven't seen you in ages, Dude you're kind of yellow"

shockbros
2012-10-01, 10:15 PM
"...Duren...Hello. And my name is Rai. RAI. "

To make sure he got his point across, Rai also projected the name "Rai" into Duren's mind, merely once, lest he somehow accidentally read his mind instead and get lost in some sort of mental obsession about Daikaiju for what would feel like several hours. Never again...

Durami
2012-10-01, 10:21 PM
Duren blinks as the Image of the word Rai flashes in his mind and begins to chuckle lightly "Still project things into peoples heads? You know using that stuff might get you in trouble friend! Speaking of friends, where's that Sarai, and why do i feel that even if we both found each other it's still going to be US who went to the wrong place and HER who found us...."

Regalus
2012-10-01, 10:37 PM
"Well, you got it half right. Right place, but I still found ya," commented Sarai mirthfully with a smile as she closed in on the pair, her comment emphasized by a spirited "Chico!" from Anaia.

Esprit15
2012-10-01, 10:41 PM
The Guy ****ting Himself
Wes smiles. "That's more like it. That's the one problem I with rangers! Never taught the right stuff! Always about smooth talkin' people and surviving in the wilds! No real discipline! Need a bit of input from a rougher area of the world!" A few cheers come from the other police. "Speaking of discipline! Back to work! This ain't a Muking show! Ian, back on the comp! Find everything you can on Lok Hale! Muker shows up out of nowhere and asks for an unlimited battle, I want everything on him!" He fixes Luke with another glare before walking toward his office.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-10-01, 10:46 PM
Luke begins to relax as the man's attention shifts towards the others, and is caught by surprise at the last glance, stumbling backwards into Thalos in the process. Being Luke, he doesn't miss the chance to feel the guy's physique as well. Oh, I'm sorry Thalos! So clumsy of me. He says with a wink as he straighten's himself. Doesn't take long to fall back into his normal self it seems.

WOOT! First PC felt up! Feel free to describe as much or as little as you like Dragon.

Durami
2012-10-01, 11:01 PM
"Well hey there Sarai! Long time no see, See you got a chikarita following you around, and you look more like a girl too, that's nice. Duren smiles at Sarai somewhat oblivious to any insults that may have been stated.

Regalus
2012-10-01, 11:05 PM
Sarai crossed her arms and raised a brow, "And what's that supposed to mean?" she asked in an offended tone, as she stared intently at the young researcher.

shockbros
2012-10-01, 11:08 PM
"I...I think Duren's so excited to see us, his first instinct was to mess with us.....?"

Rai shuddered, still trying to push away the whole 'name' issue that just happened.

Durami
2012-10-01, 11:09 PM
"well it's Just simple facts M'dear Sarai,when last we met you where covered in mud with short hair and scratches all over your elbows, Now you're certainly more cleaned up, you have longer hair and If I'm not mistaken you've filled out in other areas quite considerably as well, Simple, data" he presses his goggles over his face slightly with his index finger before smiling lightly, he had missed his friends.

Regalus
2012-10-01, 11:22 PM
Somethings never change, Sarai sighed with an inward smile, before extending a hand towards each of her friends shoulders.

"Been way too long, good to see you two are still in one piece," she stated happily, "Honestly I was half expecting to find you two in the middle of a mon stampede; this is a nice change of pace," she joked with a wry grin.

shockbros
2012-10-01, 11:35 PM
Rai stood up straight and smiled.

"Yeah, it actually is pretty nice to see you guys too. Although right now I'm not being trampled by a stampede purely because of luck. I doubt I could get very far if I had to run, the air here is just so...bleh...I have to stop and catch my breath every now and then, the air...it's so different around here, can't say I particularly enjoy it."

Dragonsage
2012-10-01, 11:39 PM
After catching Luke, Thalos' widens his eyes hidden behind his blue shades. He could have sworn he felt a faint tickle a hand rubbing his chest through his vest and he was certain that Luke had felt up his arm. Through the arm could have been a genuine accident...or so he thought until he saw Luke wink at him.

"Umm..." He didn't quite know what to say, so he said nothing and followed after Wes. "Sir, what could we do to help ranger public opinion?"

Regalus
2012-10-01, 11:40 PM
Sarai turned to Rai with a raised brow for a moment, "Riiiiight, first time near the ocearn right Rai?"she uttered in realization.

shockbros
2012-10-01, 11:48 PM
Rai coughed lightly, nothing of much concern, but clearly indicating at least a mild discomfort. He simply nodded, a bit more vigorously than he had intended to at Sarai in response.

Esprit15
2012-10-01, 11:53 PM
The Cute Couple
The man looks up from a bit of paperwork. "Honestly? Keep quiet for now. Just saying you are a ranger will get you nasty responses. Here, I'll give you my number. Do NOT give it out or I WILL find out. You guys find out anything that you think is something I should know about, let me know. You guys actually pull off some police work and things go well in the town, ask me. But overall, you guys weren't sent here to change the public view of the rangers. You're here to help just ease ranger influence into our region slowly. Someone directly asks you, you're just a member of the Orren Police, unless they are police. Then you just say you're working for me and that I will bring the wrath of Arceus upon them if they mess with rangers without cause."

Durami
2012-10-01, 11:59 PM
Duren claps his hands together and begins walking forward, "Off we go then, people to see, things to do, Kaiju's to appreciate" He walks off into the distance...before walking back towards his friends "Where exactly are we going again?"

MesiDoomstalker
2012-10-01, 11:59 PM
Of course Wes. Thalos, shall we explore the city? We should become intimatly familiar with it and each other if we are to be working together. Luke resists the urge to lick his lips seductivly, but the rest of his face fails to remain neutral.

Dragonsage
2012-10-02, 12:32 AM
"I..i suppose we should." Thalos nodded before saluting Wes and exited while wondering how intimate Luke was planing for the both of them. "Any idea where you want to start the tour of the city." He ran his finger through his ink black tail out of habit as he exited the building.

Esprit15
2012-10-02, 12:59 AM
Rangers
The city is wide open for exploration. There's the gym, a slowly dispersing crowd in the battle plaza, a large, Krabby shaped building, and even a few fishing spots near the waters.

If you just choose to wander around due to being lost, roll a d100. Will give me an idea of what to toss at you.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-10-02, 01:34 AM
Lets try somewhere we are both familiar with shall we? To the gym! Luke pats Thalos on the back encouragingly. Or, more likely, to feel the man's back muscles. Probably both actually.

Dragonsage
2012-10-02, 01:55 AM
"Very well." Thalos nodded in agreement as he lead the way towards the gym. "So where are you from again?" He attempted in some small talk as they walked.

Esprit15
2012-10-03, 01:04 AM
Everyone! :smallcool:
Thalos and Luke make a bit of small talk as they walk, getting to know each other a bit better. The trio of friends continue to catch up on their way to the gym.

As you all approach the gym, you start to get an idea of just how big the town is. The gym ends up being a large facility on a cliff's edge at the north east end of town. As you near, you can hear a steadily louder hum from the ocean side. A look would reveal that the gym extends into the seaside, and goes well out into the sea, several turbines visible as well. Dang, they have pipes everywhere on this building!

As you all walk into the gym, you realize that your little initial groups aren't the only people there. Before you can say much, you are interrupted. "Hey, you guys here for a tour of the facility?" Some young-ish man, about mid-twenties, dressed in overalls and an oil stained shirt comes rushing up to you guys, smiling and very energetic. The interior of the building here is pretty sparse. Large room, slightly rusty, a few chairs, and an elevator. Oh, and a small TV. Poor guy must work security and just be happy to see you. "Oh, Pokéballs... Probably here for the Gym challenge then..." The guy looks less excited.

Dragonsage
2012-10-06, 04:52 PM
"Actually, I wouldn't mind a tour. Couldn't hurt learning more about this place before we challenge it." Thalos shrugged as he took notice of the other three who also entered the gym.

Regalus
2012-10-06, 10:28 PM
Sarai mentally counted down the seconds as Duren walked away, mentally sweat dripping as he turned around right on cue.Somethings never change... she commented to her self with a mental sigh. "Well, we can check the sites later. I dunno about you two, but Anaia and I are itching for a match. So, to the Gym!!!" she exclaimed gleefully with a raised fist, before asking one of the nearby trainers where the building was and dragging her friends along for the trip.

Sarai eyes the other pair curiously, a bit surprised the recently arrived ships hadn't brought more traffic towards the gym; though shrugged it off a fortune in their favor. The young lady nodded at Thalos' statement,"We'll join the tour too; a little culture never hurt anyone," she chimed in merily with a grin. Arceus on high knows these two could use some...

MesiDoomstalker
2012-10-06, 11:08 PM
A tour would be lovely sir! Luke nearly skips at the mention, but manages to keep both feet on the ground.

shockbros
2012-10-06, 11:27 PM
Rai was only partially aware of what was happening, and by the time he actually 'recovered' from the name issue, he was already being dragged along somewhere or other by Sarai. He thought he heard something about the Gym? Wherever it was, he didn't dare try to stop Sarai whenever she was doing things like this, not without good reason...

Once there, Rai was caught a little off guard by what the young man said.
"W-wait, you mean there's something more than a Gym here...?"
He was also briefly stunned as Sarai spoke for all of them the way she did.
"Well, I wasn't entirely sure if I wanted to go to this tour, Sarai, but I guess I should. Never left Phenac before so I guess I should see...stuff elsewhere? More importantly, maybe it'll give us a few hints for the battle!"

Esprit15
2012-10-06, 11:55 PM
"Well of course we do more than battles here! Those windmills out there? The tidal current generator? We run those!" The man presses a button as he leads you all to a lift. Despite the old appearance, the ride is smooth. Another man heads up as you guys descend a good 100 meters before the lift comes to a stop. You appear to be in a long hallway that twists a bit back and forth. It's well air conditioned down here. A few blue windows are visible in the distance. A light, steady rumbling is noticeable in the distance.

Dude with the Scanner
You notice several mons show up as you descend. Wild and mostly small, one or two maybe two meters.
"So here we are at the base of the dam. That rumbling you can hear is the turbines. As the tide really starts in and out, you have to wear ear phones just so you don't go deaf. Off in the distance are also a few windows so that we can keep an eye on the wilds."

Dragonsage
2012-10-07, 12:24 AM
Thalos approaches one of the windows and peers out, after adjusting his shades to get a better view of what ever wilds pop up earlier. "Do wild pokemon become a problem and how do you handle them?" He asked.

Perception to see the wild mons in better detail [roll0]

Durami
2012-10-07, 12:42 PM
"DATA! Glorious wonderful data" Duren exclaims as he observes everything he can, his eyes roaming left and right as the tour continues. It's been awhile since he was actually presented with some different stimuli than test tubes and Kaiju and truthfully he was finding it rather enjoyable to have a nice change of pace. He couldn't help but find himself rather excited for the events that where going to take place, He was going to have a match soon! he hadn't fought people in ages. as he continued his mind began to wander slightly.

I wonder how careful they need to be to handle these turbines,hmm how many volts would it take to knock out a human again? wait how many volts would it take to knock out Rai...Wait what if Rai was A giant Kaiju who could shoot lightning, OH OH what if he fights a kaiju HERE! how much structural damage might be caused, oh geez how much would that cost the city? well if his height is, and then his weight might, Yeah, perhaps turning Rai into a Kaiju wouldn't be the best idea. I think Sarai might get angry

And this is when Duren decided not to horribly mutate his friend on a whim, a story he would later tell his friends one day with pride, to their utter horror

MesiDoomstalker
2012-10-08, 10:30 AM
Luke releases his Frillish, Fondles, onto his shoulders. Look girl? Friends! Pointing out the window.

shockbros
2012-10-08, 09:45 PM
Rai's eyes sparkled a little, although he tried to hold back a bit. He took a deep breath and smiled.
Ah...The things we can do to generate more electricity...

"Excuse me, what exactly does all this supply power to? Is its reach merely local, or does it reach off into other areas as well? "

Esprit15
2012-10-09, 12:54 AM
Fish Watchers
Thalos misjudges the distance to the wall and smack right into the window, smudging it with a beautiful impression of sweat on his forehead. "Watch it!" The guide motions you back from the wall. Anyone looking out the window spots a few local water types. A few Basculin are getting into a fight off in the distance until a burst of light from under the mud knocks them all out, a few floating into the turbines and not coming out the other side while whatever knocked them out stirs up some mud as it catches he rest of them. Elsewhere, a small pod of Wailmer swim by, some stopping to look at you.

Luke
A blue Pokémon swims up to you and Fondles and smiles, seeming to giggle. Fondles tries to reach the other Frillish, but the thick glass gets in the way. The Frillish frowns, then suddenly smiles and swims away quickly.

Technophiles
"We get most of the power for the coast. This dam extends the entire length of the Orre shoreline!" The man continues walking, explaining to those who are interested how the dam works, the logistics of building it this far down and the advantages of it.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-10-09, 12:57 AM
Luke watches the poor jelly with a frown. I'm sorry girl. I'll let you out for a swim soon, I promise. Alright? Fondles bubbles happily, wrapping around Luke's shoulders for the ride, following the dull man and his dull explanation of dull.

Dragonsage
2012-10-09, 02:10 AM
Thalos rubs his forehead as he takes note Basculin getting knocked out by the light. He frowns as he when he sees some of the fishes get sucked up into the turbines, but he quickly shrugs it off figuring the alternative would be being eaten anyway. he waved to the Wailmer before following the guide to continue the tour.

"Maintenance must be a bit of a chore, with the sea life and such." He commented as he went on. "What can you tell us about the gym itself? Who is the leader and could we challenge some other gym trainers?" He asked as he waited for the tour to end.

Esprit15
2012-10-11, 10:12 PM
"The gym arena is deeper down. Large pool area, a sort of dock for those who can't swim. Har loves his deep water species, so the arena is closer to home for them. As to a few battles, a few of the workers like to have battles in their off time." As you guys continue through the dam, the water outside gets darker and a few workers appear to be either working or taking a break. Some Chinchou swim by the windows, which are getting to be smaller and harder to see through.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-10-11, 10:19 PM
Awww thats so sweet! Isn't that right Fondles? I might be interested in challenging this gym. See how it shapes up to those back in Unova.

Dragonsage
2012-10-11, 11:28 PM
"Deep water pokemon, huh?" Thalos commented as he gave a mental sighed. 'Well Lilith might be okay, but Sleipnir might be screwed.'

Regalus
2012-10-12, 02:57 PM
Sarai smiled, it was good to see those two involving themselves; even if she had a feeling Duren was getting a bit too into the little tour. The important thing was that they were enjoying themselves she supposed. As the trip went on she couldn't help but take notice as Luke bonded with Fondles, not being able to resist the slight smile that wormed it's way to her face. Sure Fondle's was a bit odd of a name; though it seemed cute somehow on the little Frillish, it certainly didn't make the scene any less adorable.

"Oh wow, you two are from Unova? You're a pretty long way from home then aren'tcha?" she chimed in with a friendly smile, "My name's Sarai, what brings you to our neck of the woods? If I may ask of course," the young lady inquired curiously.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-10-12, 05:59 PM
Fondles twists her gelatnous body at Sarai, gurgling angrily before shooting the girl with a blast of water. It wasn't very forceful, but it was enough to soak the girl right through her blouse. Luke reacts quickly, twisting to see the jelly face to face. Fondles! What have I told you about squirting girls? The Frillish flinches, recoiling at the man's anger, hiding behind him. He turns his attention to Sarai, looking her up and down disappointingly. Fondles peers over his shoulder, glaring angrily at Sarai.

Mhm. Water doesn't suit you. Here. He retrieves a pink, lace handkerchief and presents it to a girl. I am so sorry. Fondles is protective of me. She must have thought you were trying to put moves on me. You are a lovely girl and all, but I'm married to my work. Luke wears a genuine smile, but his gaze was not on Sarai's face. You could almost hear a gurgling giggle from behind Luke.

Dragonsage
2012-10-12, 09:19 PM
"Married to your work, eh?" Thalos mused as he raised a brow to Luke before turning to the girl who introduced herself as Sarai. "I am Thalos," he gave a polite nod to the girl, "I'm not actually from Unova. I hail from the Sinnoh region. I'm here for work and travel. Nice to meet some locals."

Durami
2012-10-15, 08:01 AM
He notices Sarai talking to the two people of their tour and remembers something about being polite, If he recalled correctly it was often best to begin with an introduction and follow it with a statement that includes your name, and maybe JUST MAYBE, if you fully grasped the concept that is a greeting you can add a little bit after the statement, Today Duren felt bold.

"Oh, Hello there, We where sort of distracted by all these amazing sights! the name is Duren, what brings you guys to this region of world?"

AND I STICK THE LANDING! Durern would think to himself as he smiles, He's going to have to write that one down as well as the subsequent reactions that the two subjects are going to respond with, he hopes after a few tests it will prove a good basis for introductions with foreigners in the future.

shockbros
2012-10-15, 07:51 PM
Rai was only barely aware of the socializing his friend was doing when she was suddenly drenched. He instinctively stepped closer to Sarai and momentarily glared at the pokemon responsible. From what Rai could tell, however, the trainer seemed very apologetic.

If you're going to have your pokemon out, make sure they behave...

Right after that, Duren and the other stranger introduced themselves, all the while Rai was trying to ignore the fact that Duren seemed oddly pleased with his own greeting. Rai decided to introduce himself as well, but mostly faced the trainer with the pokemon that 'attacked' his friend.

"...Hello there. I'm Rai. Please...Try to keep an eye on your pokemon in the future..."

Despite feeling somewhat cautious because of what happened, he tried to remain as curt as possible.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-10-15, 07:57 PM
She is perfectly behaved, sir. And on cue, Fondles squirts Rai with some water, though the effect isn't the same. See? She knows when to defend me. Chill out bro. You need to relaaaaaaaax! Luke stretches, his hand brushing against the boy's wet chest in the process.

Regalus
2012-10-15, 09:30 PM
"Thank you; guess that makes two of us," she replied merrily as she took hold of the hankerchief, before discretely buttoning up her jacket and blocking off Luke's visual target. The thought of Anaia's possible reaction to having seen the incident keeping her mood light.

"Pleasure to meet ya Thalos; you boys travelin' together?" she inquired politely before placing a hand on Rai's shoulder, "It's okay Rai; it was nuthin' more than playful squirt really, just shows she's got spirit and that she cares for her trainer." she interjected before a playful smile formed on her face. "Besides, after bein' out in the sun all day a little spritz will do me some good," she swiftly added, hoping to diffuse any possible tension that might've been building up between the two.

Dragonsage
2012-10-15, 11:36 PM
"I suppose we are." Thalos answered the girl's question as he glanced over to Luke for a moment. "And the three of you? You three traveling together, I assume?" He asked as he continued walking down the way. "Well since we are in a gym, how about we challenge some trainers? 'Can't know someone until you seen them fight.' Or so my brother once said." He mused and shrugged.

Durami
2012-10-16, 12:22 PM
AH YES CONFLICT, the increase of testosterone, the THRILL OF ENDORPHINS! Here in this battle ground Duren knew he would witness in miniature, what a GRAND BATTLE OF KAIJUS WOULD BE LIKE! how lucky he felt that in this world creatures like kaiju are natural and free, he felt sad for that world of Japan, unable to have Pokemon, this would be a wonderful idea for research, he could check the pokemon, see if any of them have any larger tendencies, he knows the average height of most species around. also this will be a great first step in my great KAIJU JOURNEY, the thrill of taking the first step had him almost shaking with excitement, Wait, if he acted to rashly Sarai might suspect something, he had to keep calm, was his pulse to high? he was pretty sure his sweat levels where a tad above average, he hopes Sarai doesn't notice, he turns to the two rangers and smiles lightly, the average smile was how many degrees exactly? He'd have to wing it!

"Yeah sounds like a plan"

Man he was on a roll today.

shockbros
2012-10-16, 10:09 PM
Rai shuddered at the sudden invasion of privacy. He recoiled backward, his shoulder meeting Sarai's hand. He briefly considered what Sarai said and looked back at the other man and his pokemon. After a second or two of contemplation, he bowed his head apologetically.

"I'm sorry, sir. I can get a little hotheaded when I think my friends might be in any sort of danger."

As the conversation carried on, Rai chimed in.

"I can't wait to get into a few battles myself, but has the tour finished yet? I...got a little distracted."

Esprit15
2012-10-16, 10:23 PM
"The tour can go all the way down to Har's arena for the gym, if you want." He motions you all into an elevator to go down further. "This floor is where the workers take their breaks. If you want to challenge Har for a badge, just ask one of the guys." He takes the elevator back up and leaves you all in the break room. About twenty men and women are relaxing in the room, a few watching a sport on a TV, a couple having a battle with some mons you saw earlier outside the walls.

Dragonsage
2012-10-18, 11:44 AM
"Very well." Thalos nodded as he stepped off the elevator and looked about his surroundings before he approached one of the workers. "Excuse me, my companions and I would like to challenge the gym." He gestured to the others in the tour as he spoke.

Regalus
2012-10-18, 11:51 AM
Sarai nodded, "Yup we're all old friends," she clarified before nodding in agreement with Thalos' suggestion., waving off their guide before entering main chamber; taking a moment to scan her surroundings before heading over to where the battlers were having their fun, observing the fights until a couple of the gym trainers were free and then approaching them.

"Good afternoon folks, the name's Sarai; would any of you be interested in a little 2 on 2 against me?" she asked playfully with a smile..

Esprit15
2012-10-29, 01:32 AM
Thalos
One of the workers hears your request for a challenge and quickly motions you over. "The fastest way go Har's arena is the elevator down that hallway. Here's a lift key for the elevator. Make sure to return it." The young man slips you a small metal key attached to a fist sized piece of spongey foam, and points down to a door at the end of the room.

Sarai
Several men's ears perk up at the sound of a feminine voice, but before any can make a move, a young woman about your age elbows one in the gut and takes your challenge. She doesn't seem amused at your light joking. "How about not distracting the workers? Two on two, no burrowing or flying up high. The first damages the facility and the second makes too much of a mess in here normally." She points you over to the makeshift arena. "500 pen wager?"

Dragonsage
2012-10-29, 01:55 AM
Thalos accepts the key from the man and takes note of the foam attached to it. He feels the foam in one of his hands and squeezes it before nodding to the man. "Thank you," He said before he slowly made his way to the door at the end of the room. "This way to challenge the gym." He said to the others, waiting to see who else would follow before leaving.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-10-29, 09:44 AM
Luke strolls behind Thalos, admiring the view. I'll join you Thalos. It be interesting to meet this Orrian Gym Leader.

Regalus
2012-10-29, 11:42 PM
"Oh, sorry 'bout that, thought you all were still on break; my bad," she repied mentally sweat-dropping for a moment before perking up again, "Okay, sounds good to me," she added cheerfully with a nod as she marched over to her corner of the battlefield.

First Mon: Howie
*Spd:8
*Def & S.Def:5

Esprit15
2012-10-30, 12:45 AM
Reg
{table=head]-|A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|J
1|P2|||||||||
2||||||||||
3||||||||||
4||||||||||
5||||||||||
6||||||||||
7||||||||||
8||||||||||
9||||||||||
10|||||Ho|||||
[/table]

The Machop goes down. "Blasted Psychic types..." She lets out a small, blue fish-like creature. You are first in initiative.

Regalus
2012-10-30, 08:27 AM
1|||||P1|||||
2||||||||||
3||||||||||
4||||||||||
5||||||||||
6||||||||||
7||||||||||
8||||||||||
9||||||||||
10||||Ho||||||
[/table]

Upon his release the little winged-ball of fluff made a B-Line for Sarai's head; cooing as it snuggled against her, until noticing their foe and having Sarai help him focus on the matter at hand. As per Sarai's command, lil' Howie floated lazily to the side as their foe meditated and Sarai scanned it. The young woobat swiftly focused, causing it's eyes to come a glow with energy as it assaulted it's foe

[SPOILER]
Howie: Moved to D10
*Spd:8

Confusion
*AC2:[roll0]
*Damage:[roll1] special Psychic Damage.
*Confuses on +17

Esprit15
2012-10-30, 09:26 AM
Whoops, edited when I should have quoted
Reg
1|P2|||||||||
2||||||||||
3||||||||||
4||||||||||
5||||||||||
6||||||||||
7||||||||||
8||||||||||
9||||||||||
10|||||Ho|||||
[/table]

The Machop goes down. "Blasted Psychic types..." She lets out a small, blue fish-like creature. You are first in initiative.

Regalus
2012-10-30, 09:55 AM
1|P2|||||||||
2||||||||||
3||||||||||
4||||||||||
5||||||||||
6||||||||||
7||||||||||
8||||||||||
9||||||||||
10||Ho|||||||||
[/table]

"Great job Howie!" she cheered, urging the little swoobat onwards. Lil' Howie strafed to the side before unleashing another assault against his new foe, just after Sarai scanned the fishie mon.

Howie:Moved to B10
*Def & S.Def: 5
*Spd:10

Confusion
*Damage:[roll1]

Esprit15
2012-10-30, 10:19 AM
[QUOTE=Regalus;14139640]{table=head]-|A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|J
1||||||||||
2||||||||||
3|P2|||||||||
4||||||||||
5||||||||||
6||||||||||
7||||||||||
8||||||||||
9||||||||||
10||Ho|||||||||
[/table]

"Gotcha! Octazooka!" The small fish hops forward and blasts a spray of black muck at Howie, dealing 44 Special Water damage.

Regalus
2012-10-30, 12:23 PM
1||||||||||
2||||||||||
3|P2|||||||||
4|An|||||||||
5||||||||||
6||||||||||
7||||||||||
8||||||||||
9||||||||||
10|||||||||||
[/table]

Sarai comforted Howie for a moment, before giving him a well earned rest. The young lady readied her next ball; knowing well that Howie would soon be avenged, she just hoped her partner didn't over do it. "It's all up to you now, time to bring it on home Anaia!" she called out as she released her partner.

With a great flash of light and a somersault the mighty dame came forth to the battlefield; hitting the ground running with the flames of determination burning brightly in her eyes as she charged her opposite. Loosing a pasionate battlecry of "CHICOOOOO!!!!" to the heavens before crashing into her foe with the righteous fury of a rampaging Garchomp.

Anaia
*Def:9
*S.Def:10
*Spd:5

Tackle
*AC3:[roll0]
*Damage:[roll1] + 15*=44

*Rolled in the OOC

Esprit15
2012-10-30, 01:20 PM
Anaia is buffed by a few bubbles for 20 Special Water damage, but it isn't enough, and the Horsea goes down. The woman scowls at you as she tosses a few coins your way and recalls her mon.

Dragonsage
2012-10-30, 02:01 PM
"Indeed." Thalos commented as he opened the door and boarded the Elevator with Luke and waited for anyone else who would join them before activating the lift.

shockbros
2012-11-01, 04:46 PM
Rai watched the battle intently, it had been a bit of time since he had seen Sarai battle, and it got him anxious to do some battling himself. Once the battle was done, he cheered happily.

"Congrats, Sarai! Watching you battle got me all pumped up for this! I wanna get on with the gym challenge, are we all ready to go do it? "

An excited twinkle shone in his eyes, as he stepped a bit closer to the elevator, but stopped short, waiting for his friends' decisions before actually going anywhere.

Durami
2012-11-02, 12:29 PM
"as tempting as going to a gym battle would be now I think perhaps we should heal up Sarai's pokemon first, she'd probably have a harder time with her weakened pokemon."

Esprit15
2012-11-02, 01:28 PM
"There's a healing machine in the arena," one of the workers says as he walks out, pulling on some work clothes.

Regalus
2012-11-05, 01:48 PM
Anaia looses a prideful victory cry, before prancing back to Sarai and cooing as the girl congratulates her. Sarai thanks the other girl for the good match, but decides to keep her distance to let her opponent cool off a bit; figuring she might not be in the mood for a sales pitch just then. She quickly heads over to the healing machine, to restore her pokemon before hurrying back to the group, "Sorry about the wait fellas," she began apologetically with a bit of an awkward smile as she enterred the elevator, a bit embarrassed for having read the scene poorly. "We can move on now,"

Esprit15
2012-11-05, 03:57 PM
The elevator descends slowly, taking several minutes to get down that far. The air becomes very thick. You pass a few windows, the water becoming dark before finally becoming black. A school of Chinchou led by a Lanturn swim by the window.

When the elevator finally stops, the door opens to reveal a large, spherical room. It seems that the leader had it made almost exclusively for battle. Other than the arena, there was little in the room. A few windows, a couple of machines displaying luminous readings, air pressure, water pressure, temperatures and so forth. -Please exit the elevator,- a mechanical voice asks.

The arena is simple. A medium sized wooden dock, about 25 square meters, Duren guesses. Leading to it are 1 square meter squares, floating and tied to form a loose bridge from either side. There is a clear advantage to water Pokémon, and those that can swim well.

All ranged accuracy checks at a target under the water are raised by 2. Fire moves do not pass into the water at all. Electrical moves require no AC check to hit when aimed at an aquatic target. Non-water Pokémon that end up in water loose their less prominent type and replace it with water, or add Water to their type if they are single typed (So a Pidgey would become Water/Flying, for example, a Pikachu would become Water/Electric type).

Dragonsage
2012-11-06, 03:53 PM
Thalos stepped off the elevator when the voice prompted him to do so, and looked around. "Nice arena." He gave an impressed whistle as he walked forward. 'Wonder if Lilith will enjoy this.'

MesiDoomstalker
2012-11-08, 04:42 PM
Fondles slithers off Luke's shoulders, diving into the arena's water, twirling about excited to be back in the water. Oh where oh where can the gym leader be?

Esprit15
2012-11-08, 06:34 PM
Everyone
A thin, dark skinned man in a lab coat by one of the windows looks over to you. "He is here." As he turns away, you catch a glimpse of something very large moving outside the window, but can't make out what it is due to the darkness. "And thanks. Had the place designed myself when they asked me to be the Leader here. I take it you are here for the challenge?" His eyes constantly flick over to a screen. Duren recognizes some of the data pertains to basic environmental conditions outside, and to power output of the plant, but other things seem to be beyond his understanding.

Mesi
Fondles surfaces in a few seconds with a Chinchou and a familiar Frillish friend. The three mons swim around the water, spraying each other in a game of tag.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-11-08, 07:10 PM
With a small bow and tipping an imaginary hat, Luke addresses the leader. That I am good sir. I see your fond of Frillish as well. What's his name?

Esprit15
2012-11-08, 07:36 PM
"Squirt. He's a good mon, very friendly, but a bit too reckless for me to use in Gym battles, so we let him play around the facility instead. Seems to have taken a liking to your Frillish. Oh, and as the guys up there likely too you, I'm Harry Abor, normally just called Har. You all taking the challenge, or only some? The rules are simple. Challenger picks the number of mons, owner of the last mon up is the winner." He heads off to an adjacent room, tapping a button on his computer as he goes. A bright light fills the water in the arena. You can see a cage rising in the water, preventing the battle from getting out of sight of the trainers.

Dragonsage
2012-11-08, 07:56 PM
"Yes we are here for the challenge." Thalos followed Luke's example and removed his shades momentary revealing his blue eyes as a sign of politeness before placing them back on. He then watched the cage raise as he listened to Har's explanation for the match. He then reaches for Lilith's pokeball. "So it'a a bit of a free for all then?" He asked.

Esprit15
2012-11-08, 08:02 PM
Har comes back with a belt full of Pokéballs. "Free for all? No more so than a normal battle. I still will only fight one of you at a time, if that's what you mean."

Durami
2012-11-09, 10:12 PM
"Pleasure to meet you" Duren says calmly as he prepares his pokemon for the battle. Perhaps after the fights are over I can ask some questions about the local pokemon?

Esprit15
2012-11-09, 10:29 PM
"Certainly. It's really interesting, actua- but yes, after the battle. Who first?"

Regalus
2012-11-09, 10:41 PM
Sarai smiles contently, before speaking up. "Might have to join ya for a post battle chat myself, Har" she chimed in happily before turning to the group. "So...which of you boys wants to test the waters?"

MesiDoomstalker
2012-11-09, 11:12 PM
I shall. Willingly. winking at Har.

Esprit15
2012-11-10, 12:08 AM
"How many? One, two, more?" He seems oblivious to your flirting. He does send out one mon, a brown fish.
1|W|W|W|W||M1|W|W|W|W
2|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W
3|W|W|||||||W|W
4|W|W|||||||W|W
5|W|W|||||||W|W
6|W|W|||||||W|W
7|W|W|||||||W|W
8|W|W|||||||W|W
9|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W
10|W|W|W|W|W||W|W|W|W
[/table]
Your mon goes to 10 F. You have first move if your speed exceeds 9.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-11-10, 12:12 AM
2. C'mon Fondles. Lets show 'em. Fondles swims up, taking position against the fishy fish, who Luke scans.

Esprit15
2012-11-10, 12:35 AM
1|W|W|W|W||W|W|W|W|W
2|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W
3|W|W|||||||W|W
4|W|W|||||||W|W
5|W|W|||||||W|W
6|W|W|||||||W|W
7|W|W|||||||W|W
8|W|W|||||||W|W
9|W|W|W|W|W|W|M1|W|W|W
10|W|W|W|W|Fo||W|W|W|W
[/table]
Sorry, forgot to mention that water mons can start in the water instead. Depth is 5m. Platforms only extend 1m under the water.

"Alright, Unagi. Show show 'em your skills." The beaten looking fish swims under the dock, popping up on the other side and spitting a shocking blast of blue flames that seem to ignore the water.
19 Dragon Special damage.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-11-10, 12:52 AM
Cute. Fondles, feel it up! Fondles moves F9, using Absorb on the fishy.

[roll0]
[roll1] Heal half
26/34

Esprit15
2012-11-10, 01:02 AM
Heal 11 HP
"How many? One, two, more?" He seems oblivious to your flirting. He does send out one mon, a brown fish.
1|W|W|W|W||W|W|W|W|W
2|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W
3|W|W|||||||W|W
4|W|W|||||||W|W
5|W|W|||||||W|W
6|W|W|||||||W|W
7|W|W|||M1||||W|W
8|W|W|||||||W|W
9|W|W|W|W|W|W|Fo|W|W|W
10|W|W|W|W|W||W|W|W|W
[/table]
"Not so fast!" The Feebas leaps away from Fondles, rough scales shining and cutting the Frillish as the fish slips from her grip, landing on the deck. 44 unresisted damage

MesiDoomstalker
2012-11-10, 01:12 AM
Luke returns the fainted jellyfish, swapping for Massusse. Lets kick it up a notch! Rolling Kick!

[roll0] AC 2 Phys Fighting 15+ flinch
[roll1]

Esprit15
2012-11-10, 01:45 AM
1|W|W|W|W||W|W|W|W|W
2|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W
3|W|W|||||||W|W
4|W|W|||||||W|W
5|W|W|||||||W|W
6|W|W|||||||W|W
7|W|W|||||||W|W
8|M2|W|||Ma||||W|W
9|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W
10|W|W|W|W|W||W|W|W|W

M2 is 1m below the surface[/table]
Before the Machop can get a move off, the Feebas fires off more flames, searing the muscles of the little fighting type. 12 Special Dragon damage, paralyzed.

The fish is then sent flying out of the arena by the kick, bouncing off of a window before flopping . Har recalls the Feebas and sends out a small, blue fish with antennae, which sits in the pool of water. "Lophi, section Alpha Ocho 1. Target has soft tissue, is Rho 5 meters, plus deck." The Blue mon seems to somehow understand the commands, and lets off a blast of noise, nearly damaging your ears and disorienting the Machop. Massuse is confused.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-11-10, 01:50 AM
After it! Trip it! Don't do the logic for Low Kick in the water.

[roll0]
[roll1] I assume its a weight 1.

Esprit15
2012-11-10, 01:57 AM
1|W|W|W|W||W|W|W|W|W
2|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W
3|W|W|||||||W|W
4|M2|W|||||||W|W
5||W|||||||W|W
6|W|W|||||||W|W
7|W|W|||||||W|W
8|W|W|||||||W|W
9|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W
10|W|W|W|W|W||W|W|W|W

M2 is 2m below the surface, Ma is on top since you don't say where you want to go[/table]
The Machop makes a diving kick at the Chinchou, doing some damage. It also hits one of its antennae, which gives off a strong shock, as the Chinchou swims down, doing some serious damage to the soaking wet Machop. Machop is soaked with water, becoming Water/Fighting type. Machop takes 15 Special Electric damage.

Dragonsage
2012-11-11, 02:13 PM
Thalos stands by and watches the match intently, scanning the pokemon used while debating if challenging the gym at the moment would be a good idea. He then adjusts his shades as they analyzes the pokemon's conditions. "If nothing else it's a exciting battle."

MesiDoomstalker
2012-11-11, 03:09 PM
Finish it now! Rolling Kick!

no idea if I can do this, if not, he forfeits.
[roll0] Para 8
[roll1]
[roll2]

Esprit15
2012-11-11, 03:29 PM
The burns on the Machop prevent it from getting the move off, and it begins to flail and drown. "Sparks, get him." The Chinchou wraps an antenna around the Machop and pulls it safely to the solid ground. Har looks over Masseuse, injects him with a bit of medicine, and gives you a thumbs up. The Machop coughs up a bit of water, but seems no worse for wear. "That was actually a pretty good match. I recommend you find that Machop of yours a TM for a ranged move. Smack Down is always a nice choice."
Will get EXP in a bit

MesiDoomstalker
2012-11-11, 03:51 PM
Luke did a small nod of his head to the superior trainer, in thanks for the battle and saving his masseuse. Currently short on funds, however I will note it for the future. Thank you. Masseuse hobbles over Luke, who embraces the small humanoid in a tight hug.

Esprit15
2012-11-12, 01:56 AM
"Look into it. If you're heading East towards the Mountain, I know a guy over in Bauxite. Applies TM's and PP Ups that he homebrews for cheap. Price depends if he likes you though, so it probably wouldn't come for free." He hands you a number for the guy.

"Does anyone else wish to challenge?" he asks as he recalls the Chinchou.

Dragonsage
2012-11-12, 06:32 PM
Thalos steps forward as Luke finishes his match. "I'll give it a try since we're already here." He then reaches for one of balls on his belt and tosses it, releasing a squirtle. "How about it Lilith? Up for a battle?"

"squirt!" The little turtle gave a bit of a grin as she made her way into the arena.

"Right then, but just one on one." He recalled Lukes battle. "Pretty sure my other pokemon won't fair well."

Lilith: 20/20HP 8def 6sdef 4spd

Esprit15
2012-11-12, 06:54 PM
1|W|W|W|W||W|W|W|W|W
2|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W
3|W|W|||||||W|W
4|W|W|||||||W|W
5|W|W|||||||W|W
6|W|W|||||||W|W
7|W|W|||||||W|W
8|W|W||||||M1|W|W
9|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W
10|W|W|W|W|Li||W|W|W|W
[/table]
Lilith splashes into the water. Har lets out a brown fish, which swims forward and lets forth a barage of rocks. Lilith takes 21 Physical Rock damage before defense.

Dragonsage
2012-11-12, 07:15 PM
1|W|W|W|W||W|W|W|W|W
2|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W
3|W|W|||||||W|W
4|W|W|||||||W|W
5|W|W|||||||W|W
6|W|W|||||||W|W
7|W|W|||||||W|W
8|W|W||||||M1|W|W
9|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|Li|W|W
10|W|W|W|W|W||W|W|W|W
[/table]
Thalos scans Har's pokemon before giving a bit of a cringe when Lilith took her hit. "Try giving it a tackle!"

Lilith then swam up to the brown fish and tired to ram herself against it.

tackle- normal physical
[roll0] vs 3

[roll1]

reminder: i has scanner

Esprit15
2012-11-12, 07:44 PM
(Sorry, forgot. Relicanth. You may choose a different attack if you wish.)

The Relicanth barely reacts to the hit, and sprays a stream of water at the Squirtle, hitting it right inthe face for 22 Special Water Damage. "Come on, use the terrain, man!"

Dragonsage
2012-11-12, 08:00 PM
Thalos gives a self-disappointed sigh as he recalled the fainted Lilith. 'Well that didn't last as long as i'd hope.' He shrugged. "Whelp, that was my attempt..." He placed Lilith's ball back on his waist.

Esprit15
2012-11-12, 08:07 PM
"Sorry, I tried to find our lowest level Relicanth I could. I almost tossed out a Frillish at you until I saw your Squirtle. That would have been unfortunate."
Still, 250 EXP

shockbros
2012-11-12, 08:26 PM
Rai watched intently as both of the challengers were defeated and nervously bit his lip. As he scanned all the new pokemon, he psyched himself up mentally
C'mon Rai, your pokemon are ELECTRIC types...You can do this...

He stepped forth to the gym leader, trying his best to maintain his composure.
"My turn...I'd like a 2 on 2 battle."

Plug
Def, S.Def & Spd:6

Esprit15
2012-11-12, 08:49 PM
1|W|W|W|W|M1|W|W|W|W|W
2|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W
3|W|W|||||||W|W
4|W|W|||||||W|W
5|W|W|||||||W|W
6|W|W|||||||W|W
7|W|W|||||||W|W
8|W|W|||||||W|W
9|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W
10|W|W|W|W|W|Pl|W|W|W|W
[/table]
Har sends out a blue bivalve mon. You are faster.

shockbros
2012-11-12, 09:22 PM
1|W|W|W|W|M1|W|W|W|W|W
2|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W
3|W|W|||||||W|W
4|W|W|||||||W|W
5|W|W|||||||W|W
6|W|W|||||||W|W
7|W|W|||||||W|W
8|W|W||||Pl|||W|W
9|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W
10|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W
[/table]

Plug swims to land. It looks around and spots the other pokemon.
"All right Plug, get it before it gets you! Thundershock it!"
Rai commands enthusiastically, while scanning the other pokemon.

Plug

Thundershock - Special
AC2:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1] electric damage
Attack hits automatically
Paralyze on +17

Esprit15
2012-11-12, 09:26 PM
The clam mon doesn't move from its position on the dock, but instead starts swinging its body violently, destroying its shell. The de-shelled mon seems a lot more focused and awake. The shot goes wide.

shockbros
2012-11-12, 09:54 PM
1|W|W|W|W|M1|W|W|W|W|W
2|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W
3|W|W|||||||W|W
4|W|W|||||||W|W
5|W|W|||||||W|W
6|W|W|||||||W|W
7|W|W|||||||W|W
8|W|W||||||Pl|W|W
9|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W
10|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W
[/table]

Plug dashed to the corner, as he listened to Rai issue another order.
"Darn! All right Plug, try it again, Thundershock!"

Plug

Thundershock - Special
Attack hits automatically
Paralyze on +17

Esprit15
2012-11-12, 10:06 PM
The shellfish takes aim and fires a bullet of water, slamming the Elekid for 35 Special Water damage.

shockbros
2012-11-12, 11:28 PM
1|W|W|W|W|M1|W|W|W|W|W
2|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W
3|W|W|||||||W|W
4|W|W|||||||W|W
5|W|W|||||||W|W
6|W|W|||||||Co|W
7|W|W|||||||W|W
8|W|W|||||||W|W
9|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W
10|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W
[/table]

"Oh no, I'm sorry Plug...You did a good job, come back and rest."
He called back his Elekid, took a deep breath and reached for his other pokemon. He pondered his next move and took note of the entire arena, and especially remembered the earlier fights.
"Let's try something different then, sorry but you're gonna get a little wet...go, Cotton!"
The Mareep freaked out for a moment before realizing where it was and steadying herself.

Cotton
Def:6
S.Def:5
Spd:4

Esprit15
2012-11-13, 12:03 AM
1|W|W|W|W||W|W|W|W|W
2|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W
3|W|W|||M1||||W|W
4|W|W|||||||W|W
5|W|W|||||||W|W
6|W|W|||||||Co|W
7|W|W|||||||W|W
8|W|W|||||||W|W
9|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W
10|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W
[/table]

"Odd, didn't expect that to be that effective. Clamps, hold that sheep still." The Clamperl dives into the water and hops out on the main deck. The water around your Mareep begins to churn violently, trapping her and dealing 34 special water damage (note that these damages are before resistances and defenses.

shockbros
2012-11-13, 07:20 PM
1|W|W|W|W||W|W|W|W|W
2|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W
3|W|W|||M1||||W|W
4|W|W|||||||W|W
5|W|W|||||||W|W
6|W|W|||||||W|W
7|W|W|||||||W|W
8|W|W|||||||Co|W
9|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W
10|W|W|W|W|W||W|W|W|W
[/table]

"Are you ok Cotton?"
The Mareep shook around, wincing in pain but it still seemed able to battle.
"That's a relief...Ok, we're not done yet, try to move away from it and use Thundershock!"
Cotton looked fiercely at its opponent and carried out the orders.

Cotton

Thundershock - Special
Paralyze on +17

Esprit15
2012-11-13, 08:18 PM
1|W|W|W|W||W|W|W|W|W
2|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W
3|W|W|||||||W|W
4|W|W|||Fe||||W|W
5|W|W|||||||W|W
6|W|W|||||||W|W
7|W|W|||||||W|W
8|W|W|||||||Co|W
9|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W
10|W|W|W|W|W||W|W|W|W
[/table]
The waters churn violently around the Mareep, dealing 6 damage.

The bolt of electricity does its damage though. Unprotected by its shell, the Clamperl screams out in pain. There is a faint scent of fried shellfish in the air, though a quick once over by Har reveals it to be okay, if only just. Har takes a deep breath, then lets out a Feebas that looks a bit different from the previous one. The fish flops around on the deck, then spits a dark ray at Cotton, Confusing it. Cotton is still trapped by the whirlpool.

shockbros
2012-11-13, 08:52 PM
1|W|W|W|W||W|W|W|W|W
2|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W
3|W|W|||||||W|W
4|W|W|||Fe||||W|W
5|W|W|||||||W|W
6|W|W|||||||W|W
7|W|W|||||||W|W
8|W|W|||||||Co|W
9|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W
10|W|W|W|W|W||W|W|W|W
[/table]

Cotton's eyes swirled in confusion.
"Keep it steady, Cotton! You have to be careful and focus, you might pull this off with just one more shot! Thundershock!"

Cotton

Thundershock - Special
Paralyze on +17

Esprit15
2012-11-13, 09:18 PM
The Feebas spasms as the electricity courses through its body. The water rages one last time before settling, dealing 9 damage. Har recalls the Feebas and presses a button on a small console on his arm. "An excellent battle, young man. I'll-" He is interrupted by a mechanical voice. -Yes Harry?- "Jerry, please have someone bring down the badges. We have a victor." The leader looks at Duren as the AI crackles off. "And last but not least, would you still like to challenge?"

shockbros
2012-11-13, 09:46 PM
Rai was ecstatic. He recalled his pokemon and jumped happily. After bouncing about for a moment or two, he tried to recover his composure, but could not hide his smile. He bowed politely to the gym leader and thanked him for the opportunity and the good match.

Good...Keep this up, and you'll be worthy enough in no time...

"Umm...Excuse me, where exactly was the healing machine? I was so nervous for the battle I didn't really pay attention..."
He turned to his group to say this, but spoke loud enough for anyone nearby to hear him and possibly answer him.

Durami
2012-11-13, 09:46 PM
Duren smiles fixes his goggles firmly over his eyes but points over his shoulder with his thumb. "I'm more than ready to give it a go since it will provide my mudkip with some valuable experience in a more or less safe environment, however I must regret to inform you that, however forgettable she may be, we have one more member of our group named Sarai, and me stating this in that manner will probably get me in trouble later." Duren pauses for a moment before blinking. twice. "Right well no point in regretting the actions of the past, I'd like a 1 on 1 battle."

Mudkip
SDefense 5
Defense 5
Speed 4

Esprit15
2012-11-13, 10:05 PM
Har points Rai over to a healing machine opposite the way they came in, near the center of the room.

"Heh, careful boy, she could probably tan your hide. One on one it is!" He sends out a blue mon with a leaf on its head, which your studies remind you is a Lotad, a Grass/Water type. Not too threatening. Except for any nasty grass moves it might know.

1|W|W|W|W||W|W|W|W|W
2|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W
3|W|W|||Lo||||W|W
4|W|W|||||||W|W
5|W|W|||||||W|W
6|W|W|||||||W|W
7|W|W|||||||W|W
8|W|W|||||||W|W
9|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W
10|W|W|W|W|W|Mu|W|W|W|W
[/table]

The Lotad hops forward, and a wave of lights flash from it, momentarily blinding Mudkip and doing 20 Special Normal damage.

Durami
2012-11-13, 10:25 PM
1|W|W|W|W||W|W|W|W|W
2|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W
3|W|W|||Lo||||W|W
4|W|W|||||||W|W
5|W|W|||||||W|W
6|W|W|||||||W|W
7|W|W|||Mu||||W|W
8|W|W|||||||W|W
9|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W
10|W|W|W|W|W||W|W|W|W
[/table]

Duren frowns slightly as he observes the situation. "Gaira, move forward and use Growl!"

Ac2:[roll0]

Esprit15
2012-11-13, 10:29 PM
1|W|W|W|W||W|W|W|W|W
2|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W
3|W|W|||||||W|W
4|W|W|||||||W|W
5|W|W|||||||W|W
6|W|W|||Lo||||W|W
7|W|W|||Mu||||W|W
8|W|W|||||||W|W
9|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W
10|W|W|W|W|W||W|W|W|W
[/table]

"Lightly end it." The Lotad waddles forward and bites the Mudkip, draining energy from it. 12 Special Grass damage

Regalus
2012-11-13, 10:34 PM
"Way to go Rai!" Sarai cheered exuberantly as the young psychic rejoined the group. "Told ya you'd kick ass," she quipped, before realizing the gym leader had over looked her; understandable given how the five of them unceramously plopped down there together to fight one after another.

However, before she managed to chime in, young Duren managed to make her presence known once more for her; the particular manner in which he did this earned an indignant stare however. Duren could practically feel her stare attempt to burrow through the back of his skull, "Oh. Am I now?" she inquired, her voice possessing a playful edge to it; though she couldn't help but grin in quiet agreement with Har, quickly relaxing her posture once more.

From the looks of things Duren would need the extra focus.

Durami
2012-11-13, 10:40 PM
"You did Just fine dear Gaira, let's get you fixed up" -Duren reaches for his pokeball and returns the mudkip- "well, that's that." he bows politely to the gym leader and goes to heal his mudkip.

shockbros
2012-11-13, 10:43 PM
"Hehe, thanks Sarai...It was close, though."
He diverted his attention to the battle that was about to begin. After making sure to scan the pokemon that were fighting, Rai had decided to go over to the healing machine. He returned in time to see what had happened. Although he was still pretty glad he won, he was a little sad his friend wasn't able to win too.
"Hey Duren...Next time, yeah?"
He lightly tapped his shoulder with encouragement.

Esprit15
2012-11-13, 10:45 PM
"And I believe the young lady is the only one left? Or did I miss another?"

Regalus
2012-11-13, 10:45 PM
"Rai's right; besides failures' just the first step to success right?," she commented trying to comfort Duren with a pat on the back and an old scientist axiom, before taking her place at the challengers corner.

"Looks like it's my turn; you think you're up for another two on two?" she asked with a slightly cocky smile as she prepared for the match's start.

Howie
*Def, & S.Def: 5

Esprit15
2012-11-13, 10:54 PM
1|W|W|W|W||M1|W|W|W|W
2|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W
3|W|W|||||||W|W
4|W|W|||||||W|W
5|W|W|||||||W|W
6|W|W|||||||W|W
7|W|W|||||||W|W
8|W|W|||||||W|W
9|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W
10|W|W|W|W|W|Hw|W|W|W|W
[/table]
Har smiles and sends out a blue jellyfish, which you recognize from earlier as Frillish. You are faster.

Regalus
2012-11-13, 11:08 PM
1|W|W|W|W||M1|W|W|W|W
2|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W
3|W|W|||||||W|W
4|W|W|||||||W|W
5|W|W|||||||W|W
6|W|W|||||||W|W
7|W|W|||||||W|W
8|W|W|||||||W|W
9|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W
10|W|W|W|W|Hw||W|W|W|W
[/table]

Howie U-turns in the air before the start of the match, snuggling Sarai for a moment before his trainer preps him for battle. Upon facing his tentacled friend Howie floats to the side, before plopping himself down on the water for a light soak. His eyes glowing deep eerie blue as the woobat psionicly assaulted his foe.

Howie: Psychic/Water

Confusion; Special
*Confuses on +17

Esprit15
2012-11-13, 11:25 PM
1|W|W|W|W||W|W|W|W|W
2|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W
3|W|W|||||||W|W
4|W|W|||||||W|W
5|W|W|||||||W|W
6|W|W|||||||W|W
7|W|W|||||||W|W
8|W|W||||M1|||W|W
9|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W
10|W|W|W|W|Hw||W|W|W|W
[/table]
"Learning from your friends! Smart girl. Squick, you know what to do!" The Frillish swims forward and gives a harsh glare to the bat. Howie takes 10 damage.

Regalus
2012-11-14, 06:06 AM
1|W|W|W|W||W|W|W|W|W
2|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W
3|W|W|||||||W|W
4|W|W|||||||W|W
5|W|W|||||||W|W
6|W|W|||||||W|W
7|He|W|||||||W|W
8|W|W||||M1|||W|W
9|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W
10|W|W|W|W|W||W|W|W|W
[/table]

Sarai's grin grew ever so slightly at the compliment; having Howie take strafe in the air around the field, before plopping back unto the water, and repeating his assault.

*25/35hp
Confusion; Special
*Confuses on +17

Esprit15
2012-11-14, 10:26 AM
(It's early and editing the map from my phone is a pain. M1 to B7)
"Hold on, Squick!" A wall of energy shows up around the Frillish, protecting it from any damage you would have done.

Regalus
2012-11-14, 02:16 PM
1|W|W|W|W||W|W|W|W|W
2|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W
3|W|W|||||||W|W
4|W|W|||||||W|W
5|W|W|||||||W|W
6|W|W|||||||W|W
7|W|M1|||||||W|W
8|W|W|||||||W|W
9|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W
10|W|W|W|W|Hw||W|W|W|W
[/table]

"Got ya on the defensive huh? Let's see how long Squick can keep that up." Sarai commented with a cat like grin before, turning to Howie. "You're doing great Howie, keep up the pressure!" she called out exuberantly, before having Howie strafe around the frillish once more, before launching a third assault.

*25/35hp
Confusion; Special
*Confuses on +17

Esprit15
2012-11-14, 02:30 PM
1|W|W|W|W||W|W|W|W|W
2|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W
3|W|W|||||||W|W
4|W|W|||||||W|W
5|W|W|||||||W|W
6|W|W|||||||W|W
7|W|W|||||||W|W
8|W|W|||||||W|W
9|W|W|W|W|M1|W|W|W|W|W
10|W|W|W|W|Hw||W|W|W|W
[/table]
The Frillish spasms and floats on the surface. He looks at you like he was clearly holding back. "Dang, didn't get the hit that I wanted in. Nice use of the water." Another jellyfish is sent out, and swims to Howie, a pulse of sound rushing through the water and hitting the bat for 22 Special Water Damage.

Regalus
2012-11-14, 02:38 PM
1|W|W|W|W||W|W|W|W|W
2|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W
3|W|W|||||||W|W
4|W|W|||||||W|W
5|W|W|||||||W|W
6|W|W|||||||W|W
7|Hw|W|||||||W|W
8|W|W|||||||W|W
9|W|W|W|W|M1|W|W|W|W|W
10|W|W|W|W|W||W|W|W|W
[/table]

"Why thank you; I'm a fast learner," she quipped happily, before having Howie go for another raid; quite proud of how her little boy was doing so far.

*17/35hp
Confusion; Special
*Confuses on +17

Esprit15
2012-11-14, 02:56 PM
Har smiles again at the attack. "Good. Pendage, Psychic counter." The tentacled mon hisses, and Howie screeches in pain, taking 27 Ghost damage

Regalus
2012-11-14, 03:14 PM
1|W|W|W|W||W|W|W|W|W
2|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W
3|W|W|||||||W|W
4|W|W|||||||W|W
5|W|W|||||||W|W
6|W|W|||||||W|W
7|W|W|||||||W|W
8|W|W|||||||W|W
9|W|W|W|W|M1|W|W|W|W|W
10|W|W|W|W|An||W|W|W|W
[/table]

"Howie!" Sarai exclaims as she returns the fallen mon, scanning the mon responsible for felling her boy. "Don't worry little guy; you made mamma proud and earned yourself a rest," she commented as she pocketed his ball and brought out Anaia. Sarai took a deep breath, and hopped she wouldn't have another close call.

"Come on out Anaia; time to bring it all home!" she exclaimed as she brought out the eager Chicorita, who all but dive bombed the tentacled offender with a passionate cry; causing a great splash upon hitting the water and crashing into her foe like an emerald meteor.

Anaia: Grass/Water
*Spd:5
*Def:9
*S.Def:10

Tackle
*AC3:[roll0]

Durami
2012-11-14, 03:15 PM
Duren blinks and tries to analyze what occured.

Esprit15
2012-11-14, 03:19 PM
Duren recognizes the mon as a Tentacool, a poison/water type mon. Odd that it knew Hex though- well, Gym Leaders do have access to good breeding facilities, it could have been bred from a parent. Better be careful.

Esprit15
2012-11-14, 07:19 PM
The Tentacool gets ready to ram a stinger into the Chikorita, but the Tackle takes it out before it can get a move off.

"An excellent battle, Miss. You certainly earned Gateon's Tide Badge." At the mention of a badge, a small section of the ceiling lowers, on it two small pieces of metal shaped like turbine blades. Har takes them, handing one to Sarai and one to Rai. "Both of you have shown yourselves to be proper trainers, well capable of leading your teams to victory. Sarai, especially. Rai, watch out for singling in on one type excessively. You never know when you'll run into a ground type mon and be completely out of luck. In addition," he taps a button and the tray that brought the badges disappears. "it is customary to present some other gift to winners of a badge." Another tray pops out. On it is two small wads of bills, totaling in value at ^6 000 each. Next to each stack is a syringe. "That friend I mentioned supplies the gyms with TMs to give to trainers who win. Makes a lot of custom ones for us too. Those teach Soak to one mon. Any Pokémon that registers as possessing the Fountain capability is capable of learning it." Between both of those rewards is also a small, blue egg, about fist sized in a small tank of water. "And in addition, an egg for a water type mon. We had two in stock, but one died of a fungus yesterday, so we only have the one to give away for now. Sorry." He seems to make sure to not say who the egg goes to.

Da Loot
400 EXP to Sarai's mons

Tide badge to Sarai and Rai (and the level that goes with it)

^6 000 to Sarai and Rai

One TM for Soak for Rai and Sarai

Unknown Water-type egg to bicker over!

Regalus
2012-11-14, 09:43 PM
Anaia looses a victory cry before getting back to dry port and being congratulated by Sarai; causing the little gal to coo in response. After their short celebration and healing, Sarai paid keen attention to Har's ceremony, and was more than a bit impressed by the haul they got. If it was like this every time a trainer one a match well...suffice it to say, she now understood how some people in other countries could be proffesional trainers. "Oh, I'm sorry for your loss; hope you managed to get all of it out of your system," she commented morning for the eggs loss, and a bit sadden by the revelation that the gym had it's own breeding service.

"Thank you for everything Har; it really was a good match, Howie certainly learned alot from it." she added gratefully accepting her things and the egg after a brief discussion with Rai. "You wouldn't happen to know who the parents of this little fella are would you?"The young lady inquired as she took a moment to study the egg..

Wis Check: [roll0]

Esprit15
2012-11-14, 10:00 PM
Har just smiles, not giving any indication of its parentage. Your excellent Breeder training suggest that Har is lying, and the wet, blue egg in the water is a fire type. Clever him, trying to mislead you!

shockbros
2012-11-14, 10:27 PM
Rai cheerfully congratulated his friend's victory. He was ecstatic about what they won, but his joy didn't cloud his mind. When Har spoke directly to him, he made note of it.
That's right...I've always kind of known but even with the type advantage it was a very close call...I need to do something about that, and soon.

After conceding the egg to Sarai, knowing it would be in much more capable hands with her. He thought of possibly acting on the gym leader's suggestion sooner rather than later, but he'd run the idea by his friends once they were outside.

Durami
2012-11-14, 11:26 PM
Duren pats both his friends on the shoulders and smiles widely. "Congratulations both of you, got some nice stuff I see" he stops and looks at the egg, seeing if anything about it seems interesting.

[roll0]

woops forgot my +2 wis modifer, it's a 17

Esprit15
2012-11-14, 11:31 PM
Fascinating! Such a quality specimen! So well cared for before it was handed off to you! And the machine keeping it stable! By the looks of it, you could slam this thing into the ground and the embryonic mon would be undisturbed! And the egg! While eggs were unfamiliar to you normally, this was almost certainly of the Ground/Water type. Yes, a few years back when you were younger in school your class hatched some fish eggs, and you are sure you saw one just like this back there! What did they become again? A Barboach, a Wooper, a Mudkip, and maybe one or two other things. But yes, it had to be one of those first three.

Durami
2012-11-14, 11:46 PM
"you too fantastic care of this egg!" Duren would say as he turned to nod at the Gym leader, "It shows the respect you have for pokemon I would say, by the way, I was meaning to ask, have you heard any tales or seen any larger than normal sized pokemon in the area? It's for a research I'm performing."

Esprit15
2012-11-14, 11:57 PM
Har thinks for a moment, looking at you and then away, then back. "Not that I can show you. Most mons grow larger than normal the stronger they get. My two Aces have trouble fighting comfortably in that arena. Slick is about 4 meters tall, over twice the 'average' height of his species. Blackout meanwhile could replace a small boat. Not that I would dare sit on him. But besides them and any other leader Aces, I can't say. There are rumors of monstrous mons in the desert and around other conveniently unexplored areas, but I doubt they exist. Does that help?"

Dragonsage
2012-11-15, 12:52 AM
"Congratulations, Sarai and Rai." Thalos applauded the two victors. "You've fought well. Don't you think so Luke?" He looked to his fellow ranger before approaching the winners and giving them soft a pat on the back.

His ear then twitched as Har and Duren discussed about larger then usual pokemon. He decided to make a mental note to ask more about that later if he got the chance.

Durami
2012-11-16, 11:54 AM
Duren walks towards his friends smiling broadly "Turns out there are tales of larger than normal pokemon around, once we get sufficiently stronger we simply HAVE to search for them, I'm afraid now would not be good for that however" with a large sigh he stares off into the distance before turning back to look at the pokemon egg. "also I simply can't wait to see what comes out of that egg, it's a water ground type of that I'm sure but i simply can't for the life of me figure out it's specific type, either a wooper is a good candidate, or another mudkip! either way my lovely one get's a playmate to have fun with."

Dragonsage
2012-11-16, 11:25 PM
"Well I guess we can't do much else here." Thalos gave a nonchalant stretch before turning to Har. "Guess some of us will be back for a rematch later when we've gotten more training in." He waved before making his way back to the elevator and waited for the others before ascending.

Esprit15
2012-11-16, 11:45 PM
"Alright, good to hear. I'll have some more fun mons ready for when you do! Jerry, please take them to the surface." As you begin to enter the elevator, a friendly, electronic voice comes on, the same one from when you came down here. -Please enter the elevator and don't touch anything.- Okay, kind of friendly.

Regalus
2012-11-19, 05:21 PM
Sarai smiled playfully, unsure what Har's game was, but willing to play along for the time being. She tried a bit of small talk with Har, before mentioning her family buissness; asking if it would be alright for her to put up a flyer in the lobby. After all, even if the gym had its own breeding service it never hurt to have extra options; whether it meant improving each others breeding stock, fishing for a certain move to be taught, or finding a sought after mon in the others' branch.

Upon returning to the group, she thanked Thalos for the compliment and smiled at Duren, "Seem's like you need to do some more research huh?" she commented playfully, yet ambiguous to which one of Duren's statements she was commenting about, with an inward smile as she headed towards the elevator. It was nice for Duren to try, but the boy was WAY off; then again breeding was a complex art, she doubted anyone in that elevator was as skilled at making babies as her.

"Well then Rai, how 'bout we try to find ya a mon up top while there's still some daylight left?" she asked, eager to make good on her end of the bargain. "You two are welcome to join us if you want; give ya a little taste of the local wilds among friends," she offered politely with a smile.

Dragonsage
2012-11-19, 06:03 PM
"Sure I'll tag along with you guys." Thalos smiled as he accepted the offer, seeing how he didn't have anything else planned for the day and had no assignments."Just need to get Lilith healed up before we head out." He added intending to stop by a center on the way out of town.

Wild r0ll!!!1!11
[roll0]

shockbros
2012-11-19, 06:33 PM
Rai cursed inwardly at being exposed to the uncomfortable air, but he noticed it bothered him less now, his victory keeping any other negativity at bay.
"Thanks Sarai, I was just going to ask about that. Hopefully we can find something good, I mean...electric pokemon are great! But...as much as I hate to admit it, they can't do EVERYTHING..."

[roll0]

MesiDoomstalker
2012-11-19, 06:38 PM
Luke says nothing but follows the others, undressing them mentally.

[roll0]

Esprit15
2012-11-19, 07:01 PM
After healing up your teams post fight, you guys leave the gym, thinking about wilds and each other. Suddenly, Thalos and Sarai stop. That sounded like someone screaming. Not unusual in a city this large, but still disconcerting. Then Thalos spots the source. A young woman in a lab coat is running from several men, two of them armed. That looks a like more than a simple mugging about to take place. "Get away from me! I told you I don't know anything about what you're looking for!" she yells back at them.

"That's a Judged lie, Miss Umbra and you know it!" The men seem to be gaining, but as she rounds a corner and passes you, she briefly moves with inhuman speed, weaving through the crowd with grace that would make a ninja jealous, before slowing back down again. Rai catches a thought from her. Muk, that was the last trick of the town I knew. I told Proffessor Ryuto publishing that paper was a bad idea.

What do you do?

MesiDoomstalker
2012-11-19, 07:09 PM
Luke runs after the women shouting after the others I've got her, take care of the thugs!

Dragonsage
2012-11-19, 09:51 PM
As the lady runs past the group and maneuvers through the crowds, Thalos gives an impressed whistle at her agility, before realizing that Luke had already gone after her. "Right!" He shouted back to the other ranger before rushing foreword. "On me, guys!" He stepped out intending to block the thugs' path, hoping the others would catch on and help block their way.

He has his hand hovering over his belt where his pokeballs rested, much like how a cowboy readies his hand for a quick draw, in case a battle were to break out.

Esprit15
2012-11-19, 11:17 PM
Luke
You chase after the girl. She looks back briefly, making eye contact with tou, but keeps running. A quick look back reveals quite a scene taking place with your fellow ranger.

Mr. Hero
You flick out the Ponyta's ball quickly. One of the scrawnier guys laughs and runs forward, slamming right into you, both of you tumbling to the ground. One of the armed men keeps after the girl, only to get kicked in the crotch by the tiny horse. He tumbles to the ground, groaning, gun clattering in your direction. The third man, unarmed, keeps running after Luke and the girl.

Others
The two men who challenged the gym with you leap into action. Were they police or something? Weren't they foreigners though? Whatever they were, they were trained. Duren and Rai are too shocked to act currently. Sarai, having heard the yells earlier, is not.

Regalus
2012-11-19, 11:44 PM
Sarai swears under her breath before darting for the man's gun, hoping to remove it from the picture as soon as possible. As she runs over she releases Anaia between her and the rest of the action; the young chicorita taking in her surroundings before growling menacingly. "Your surrounded so don't you dare move a muscle!" Sarai commanded with the firearm aimed squarely at the downed man.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-11-19, 11:46 PM
Ma'am! Don't worry, I'm here to protect you! Luke instinctual goes to grab his badge, but thinks twice. He has no authority here.

[roll0]

Dragonsage
2012-11-20, 12:54 AM
Assuming Sarai holding the gun to the one who was kicked in the crotch, Thalos goes to try to pin the man who had tumbled into him keeping him down. "I'd do what the lady says."

[roll0] str check to keep him down

Esprit15
2012-11-20, 03:15 AM
Chasing Labcoats
I'll take it this time, but please try to remember: 2d10. I honestly do want to try to see how it works out compared to 1d20.
The woman gives you a nod, but keeps running. She wasn't exceedingly gorgeous, but still well within your standards. Short, dark hair, slightly low cut lab coat, long leg- focus, Luke! Focus! Angry, burly man behind you, and not in a good way! You guys keep running, finally hitting a dead end, the chaser catching up to you in seconds, breathing slightly heavily, though no more than you are. "Ma'am, just give us what we want and we'll leave you alone. What's the harm in sharing a little information about the-"

"If you don't see the harm, you clearly don't know what you're dealing with! Leave me alone! You won't get any information from me." She hides behind your thin frame.

"Shame, I don't really have a choice. Guess I'll just have to bring you along. Shrimpy, step aside, please. This doesn't concern you." He makes a sweeping motion with his hands. The guy is probably six inches taller than you, and has at least fifty pounds on you, most of it lean muscle. And height, obviously.

The Pros
The man Sarai has a gun pointed to simply whimpers, probably a mix of pain from being kicked in the Pokéballs, and out of submission. Guns pointed at your head will do that to a person.

Thalos meanwhile grapples with the other man. Both of you are fairly scrawny, but your nimbleness and Ranger training help you come out on top, if only just. "Brett! Don't worry, Senn is still after her. We'll get you some ice when he comes back." The big man, Brett apparently, just groans again. The thin man looks at you and relaxes, though he also keeps an icy glare. "You're Judged lucky I can't reach my gun. Why are you even getting involved? You're not police."

MesiDoomstalker
2012-11-21, 01:02 AM
Au contrair dip****. You made it my business when you threatened such a beauty. Luke taps his shoulder, releasing Massuesse. Then, he drops to a crouch, sweeping his leg towards the man's ankles hoping to knock him off balance and go for a pin with Massusse's help.

[roll0]

Esprit15
2012-11-21, 01:23 AM
The man would probably have fallen had you not caught him off guard. He quickly begins scrambling back to his feet. "You wanna fight, pretty boy? Bring it!" The girl lets out two mice mons, one red, one blue.
You are faster. He is still on the ground.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-11-21, 01:32 AM
Stay down! Your my bottom bitch! Luke lunges at the man. Now would be a good time to help Ma'am!

[roll0]

Esprit15
2012-11-21, 01:43 AM
"Muking queer! Get off me!" He easily pushes you off of him and them swings a fist at your gut.
21 damage to you
"Ahead of you on that. Pro, Elec, shock 'em!" The mice both give a squeak, then fire bolts of electricity at the guy. He yells out in pain.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-11-21, 01:49 AM
Massusse! Make the man listen to 'reason'. The Machop does a little flip, spinning in the air towards the man's head.

[roll0]
[roll1]

MesiDoomstalker
2012-11-21, 01:52 AM
I said stay down! Luke rears his hand back, slapping the man.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Esprit15
2012-11-21, 02:08 AM
Massuse trips as he goes for the attack, falling flat on his face. The man deflects your swing, but ends up off balance for the swing to punch you and you easily dodge him. The mice both charge at him, tackling him to the ground. The woman looks at the disoriented man, giving him a quick kick to the gut. "That's for ruining my lunch. *******..." She pulls out a phone and starts dialing the police. "Thank you, by the way. You and your friends were helpful back there. Couldn't have fought all three of- Yes, I'd like to report an assault... No, he's unconscious... Lanturn Street, about two blocks from the Gym. Okay, thank you." She hangs up. "Sorry about that. Police will pick him up. Mind escorting a lady back you your friends, Mr... I'm sorry, I don't believe I caught your name." She gives a smile.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-11-21, 02:14 AM
Luke gets down on one knee, grabbing the women's hand. Kissing it gently, looking up into her eyes Lieutenant Luke Quin Ma'am. Just doing my duty. And your's gorgeous? Luke gives her his most innocent, cute smile, remaining on one knee.

Esprit15
2012-11-21, 02:19 AM
"Sarah Umbra, Chief Cryptozoologist of Lab. Now get off of that knee, you look rediculous." She starts to giggle a bit at the end.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-11-21, 02:24 AM
Of course Madame Umbra. Shall we? Luke offers her his elbow, holding himself high as his small stature allows.

Esprit15
2012-11-21, 02:41 AM
She takes your arm and you two head back to the group.

The Group
After about ten minutes, Luke and the woman return, her holding onto Luke's arm. The guy Thalos has pinned yells out and starts struggling again. "Hey, where's out friend! Where's Senn!"

MesiDoomstalker
2012-11-21, 02:55 AM
Where he belongs. Now shut it, you were given permission to speak. Seems like you handled these lot well Thalos. Sarai, a lady of your demeanor using a gun? Kinky.

Dragonsage
2012-11-21, 12:56 PM
Thalos tightens his hold on the man, before nodding over at Luke. "Thanks to Sleipnir and Sarai," He gave a smile to Sarai before looking over to the woman in the lab coat. "I see the lady is unharmed."

Sleipnir reared and gave a cheer, proud of his actions.

Regalus
2012-11-21, 09:10 PM
"What can I say? Boy's aren't the only ones who like playing with nice toys," she quipped playful before gesturing to Anaia to give the area a quick glance in case the men had friends nearby. "So, did one of you guys call the cops yet?"

MesiDoomstalker
2012-11-21, 09:16 PM
Madame Umbra here did when we handled the other brute. I'm not sure why she was running, she handled her self nicely.

Esprit15
2012-11-21, 09:21 PM
"Ever fight outnumbered? It's not easy, as he learned."

Dragonsage
2012-11-21, 10:45 PM
"Right so while we're waiting on the cops mind tell us why they were after you, Miss Umbra?" Thalos asked, curious as to why three men would be chasing after her. "They seemed to have wanted something from you?"

Esprit15
2012-11-21, 11:50 PM
"I really shouldn't say. At least not in public." She looks at you all very seriously, suddenly, studying you. "Oh, Duren, hello again. And you two," she says looking at the two Rangers. "Just a moment." She lets put a small, yellow spider, who with a happy little Tik!, wraps the two men in strong thread. A quick call to the police, and she leads you all back into the entrance to the gym. "Har already knows about my research, so it will be fine if he hears it again." Just to be safe, she locks the door before turning to all of you.

"Duren is already familiar with my work to an extent, though only loosely. If I know him at all, he's already chatted your ear off about it and what he could do with it, given the resources. On the off chance he hasn't, I'll explain. I am the lab's Chief of Cryptozoology. Lab searches for Larvitar nests, research on legendary species, abnormal members of naturally occurring species, I oversee all of that. I was doing some research on some runes that were found in Hoenn by the Frontier Brain Brandon Stone and the old Hoenn League champion Sean, about 45 years ago. There were supposed to be ancient... we don't know what they were. 'Knowing machine-keys' is our best translation. Supposedly they were built millennia ago. They were apparently supposed to protect a seal to lock away some sort of... powerful entity. I don't know what it is.

But anyways, what ties this to our interest. After two years of trying to decipher how to open the runes and find these machines, they finally translated it. Apparently the machines would move around the world on their own, to avoid being too close to each other and making it easy for someone to control them all and release whatever entity they locked away. They programmed them to dig through the earth, finding a new home befitting them every twelve lunar cycles, about a year. They ran a path, apparently. One would search for places of extreme heat, one would look for extreme dryness, and one would look for frigid locals.

The problem is, we looked at the designs for the digging mechanisms. They'd wear out after about 4,000 years, and that's under ideal conditions. And around that time, their paths would have most likely directed them to Orre. ALL of them. The ancients didn't care about 4,000 years later; they thought the world would end 500 years ago. And the being that they locked away? Our best guess is that it either is locked away north of Snowpoint in Sinnoh, or somewhere out in Orre's desert, and all our expeditions in Snowpoint showed no signs of success. You can see where this is going, I hope.

These men came after me, asking questions about finding these machines within a day of my paper on them went out. Given their demeanor, I suspected something and asked them to please leave me alone, and they quickly got hostile."

She looks at you all. "I'm only trusting you for two reasons. One: You probably saved me from getting kidnapped by those thugs. Two, I already know one of you and know of two more. Plus Duren, oddball that he is, does make friends with good people." She takes a breath, finally done. She looks at Luke and Thalos during much of the explanation. "I thought you two would find some particular interest in that."

MesiDoomstalker
2012-11-21, 11:59 PM
So magical doohickies are here in Orre, and the thugs wanted it, to release the mysterious strong thing, got it. Luke smiles, pleased with his oversimplification of the predicament.

Esprit15
2012-11-22, 12:03 AM
"No, they clearly were working for someone. They mentioned something about their boss earlier."

MesiDoomstalker
2012-11-22, 12:06 AM
Well, uh, yes of course. I was just summarizing, for the others. Luke's eyes shifts left and right nervously, hoping no one would catch the flub up.

Dragonsage
2012-11-22, 01:02 AM
"Right, those guys seem to be just grunts if nothing else." Thalos commented as he scratched his chin. "My guess is whoever they work for, they at least have some idea of what they're after and have probably been looking for it a while now, if it only took them a day to go after you after you published the paper." He speculated.

"If the expeditions in Snowpoint yielded no results, then how about the ones in Orre? How have those expeditions fared?" He asked, a bit more than curious.

Esprit15
2012-11-22, 01:32 AM
She sighs. "No luck, though not from a lack of findings. Wilds force a lot to turn back. It's not even the numbers, either. Something about them is changed. One got turned around by a massive sandstorm, and on the way back, half of them were killed by some sort of green...thing, in the ground. One guy thought it was a Tyranitar, but for one to live in the desert, and to be that large... Yeah, no luck."

Durami
2012-11-22, 07:37 PM
Well Hey! I sure didn't expect to see you here, Ah, yes your research I always did enjoy hearing you talk about it, I truly didn't visit mostly because of your beautiful amazing gorgeous wonderful FANTASTIC ELEGANT, oh so rocky Larvitars, their shape, their form, wondrous, TRULY KAIJU! I mean just think about it, their evolved form, TOWERING Over a city, lasers shouting from it's eyes! their roar, a cry that would be heard for miles on all si-oh hey tied up people, nice job on catching them by the way, figured it pointless to try and chase them with you three there," -he turns to look at the men and a smile forms on his lips- "Don't think about anything important ok" Duren walks over to his yellow adorned friend and pats his shoulder gently whispering "that's your hint to read their minds buddy"

Esprit15
2012-11-22, 07:43 PM
As you turn to the men, you realize that you all have been brought inside of the gym's entrance again. When did that happen? Turning back around, Sarah seems annoyed with your sudden outburst.

Dragonsage
2012-11-25, 11:52 AM
"Right..." Thalos stared at Duren through his shades for an awkward moment due to his out burst. "Anyway, we should probably take you to the police station. They'll more than likely would like to hear your report of what happened. They could also offer some more protection in case they decide to send more thugs after you." He suggested as he returned his attention back to Sarah. "We could also see if we can learn anything about the thugs and who they work for."

Esprit15
2012-11-25, 01:17 PM
"A good idea. Protection isn't a huge issue. I'll just bring some of my more experienced team members with me from now on. I pitty the thug that messes with them." She laughs a bit. Sarah opens the door, important information disclosed now, and you all begin walking to the police station.

When you arrive, the place seems a bit more hectic than Thalos or Luke remember it. Several people are running around, carrying folders and papers. The word "him" keeps getting mentioned. A tired looking man behind a desk, who seems to be oblivious to it all, looks at you all. "Are you here to... What... Yeah, what are you here f- Miss Umbra! Sorry, didn't recognize you for a second! Is this about the men who chased you down? They spilt everything, which isn't much."

"Well what did they say?"

"Well they didn't have much to say... Oh, said that already. A-hem! The three men, Senn, Brett and Scott, were apparently new recruits to some unnamed criminal group. Due to this having been a recruitment job, they were not given the name of who they worked for, on the chance that they failed. All they knew was that Sarah Umbra was in Gateon until the end of this week on a brief vacation, what her basic schedule had been the past four days, that she had left her more experienced team members back at the lab to better bond with newer captures, and that she possessed information that they needed. They were not informed what it was that she knew. While the information itself isn't that surprising, what is is just how good their intel apparently was. We called Prof. Ryuto at Lab; a lot of this was stuff that was only mentioned in private, or via e-mail. Whoever is after you Miss, they are good at what they do."

Sarah just stands quietly. Rai senses several thoughts in her about making such a stupid mistake.

"If you want, you can talk to them yourself. Doubt you'll get more than what the Empath could find, but some people prefer hearing for theirselves."

"No, it's not that. Just need to think."

"Suit yourself, Miss." The man shakes himself, apparently having been a bit overworked today.

The ocean begins to take an orange hue as the sun starts making its way to the horizon. It's probably about four o' clock right now.

Dragonsage
2012-11-26, 03:17 AM
Thalos takes note of the hectic condition of the station before listening to the exchange between Sarah and the man behind the desk. He nods as the man tell the group what the interrogation yielded thus far. He narrows his eyes as he processes the information. 'They had an Empath with the interrogation, so not sure what the thugs could hide from them. But then again...' He looked around the station again to see everyone worked up. 'Not sure how effective the interrogators were if they were tired.' He also made a note to ask someone who "Him" was referring to when he had the chance.

"If it's alright with everyone, I'd like to talk to these men myself." He then glances over to Luke. "Care to join me?"

MesiDoomstalker
2012-11-26, 11:43 AM
It would be my pleasure. A wicked, disturbing smile creeps across Luke's face.

Esprit15
2012-11-26, 06:46 PM
You are all shown to a sparse room. Pale blue-grey walls, tile floor, a large, glass mirror that is almost certainly a one-way window. Standard interrogation room. The three men from earlier, one nursing some light electrical burns, are handcuffed to chairs bolted to the ground. The big one with the burns glares at Sarah. The one Thalos tackled to the ground earlier, who seemed to be the leader of them, snaps at you. "What do you want? They already questioned us, and dug through what we wouldn't tell verbally."

MesiDoomstalker
2012-11-26, 08:27 PM
Luke studies the men for a moment. Then, sauntering, he walks behind them. He gently caresses each of their faces with one limp hand each, feeling the contours of their faces. Oh come know Luke bends over so he is whispering in the leader's ear. We both know that isn't true hotstuff. He breathes seductively into his ear as a hand traces his spine ever so gingerly.

Esprit15
2012-11-26, 08:34 PM
The guy recoils. "What the Void, man!" He shakes uncomfortably in his chair, but the cuffs prevent him from going anywhere. "I ain't going for that sort of thing!" He starts yelling. "Let me out of here! Someone get this creep away from me!" Sarah chuckles quietly to herself. A voice comes on the speaker. "-Mr. Quin, do note that sexual interactions with the accused is prohibited.-"

MesiDoomstalker
2012-11-26, 08:41 PM
Luke's hands slowly retraces its path back up his spine. I am perfectly aware, thank you. Now Luke's hands finds their way to the man's shoulder's and begins kneading them like dough. A little rough, but just enough to get the kinks out. I am perfectly content to enjoy your presence from a distance. However, you have made our lives difficult. You hide behind the veil of anonymity. Why? What is so precious that you must protect its identity?

message roll go!
[roll0]

Esprit15
2012-11-26, 08:44 PM
The guy pulls away from you as much as he can, which isn't far. "They didn't Muking tell us! Said that if we Muked it up they didn't want to draw attention to theirselves, and if we got this and the next job right we'd be in officially. This was just our entry job!"

MesiDoomstalker
2012-11-26, 08:48 PM
Luke's grip relaxes slightly, but continues to work the man's shoulders. Thats a real cute story handsome, but there's more to it. And there is more of your back that needs working on. Would you like me to work on your back or would you like to work your tongue? I'm good with either.

Double Entendre!
[roll0]

Esprit15
2012-11-26, 08:52 PM
More panicked struggling. "More to what!? Them? They didn't say anything more! We all got slipped some papers telling us to meet at some bar at midnight, they baited us with what we wanted or needed to get by, we took the deal! There is nothing more!"

MesiDoomstalker
2012-11-26, 08:56 PM
Results! Well then. We need names, descriptions. Or I could work out this nasty knot in your lower back. Luke takes his hands off the man, but stays close enough that he just may put them back on him again.

[roll0]

Dragonsage
2012-11-26, 09:00 PM
Thalos removes his shades and shows his blue eyes before he sits down before the three captives. He smiles as Luke goes about his ways with the men, about what he expected of the man based on what he had observed of the man's behavior.

As Luke continued to work on the man, Thalos decided to press with his own question. "Where is this bar where you were instructed to meet?"

[roll0] Cha check!

Esprit15
2012-11-26, 09:15 PM
The guy looks at Thalos as though he could hug him almost (in a "Thank the gods, a reasonable guy!" sort of way, not an "I love you," sort of way). "No names, and it was dark. It was a man, sounded about...30? Not old, but not too young. Tall, lean guy. Might have been a Psychic. They made it as much a pain to trace them as they could, though, so who knows. The bar was... Senn, what was that place called?"

"Um... Kick. Something Kick. Uh-"

"Oh! The Blaze Kick. Yeah, down in Obsidian."

Dragonsage
2012-11-26, 09:56 PM
'Could be worth our time to check out that Bar later.' Thalos made a mental note before he continued with some additional questions. "You mentioned that if you got this and the next job done, then you'd officially get in. What was the next job and how were you to be contacted when it was finished?" He shifted forward resting his arms on the table.

[roll0] Cha check

Esprit15
2012-11-26, 10:04 PM
"We'd meet them back there next week, same time, same place. It was empty, mostly." The guy just seems glad that Luke wasn't touching him anymore. "We weren't told what was next. We'd find out then."

Dragonsage
2012-11-26, 11:07 PM
"Can you tell us the exact date of the next meet up?" Thalos asked, thankful that Luke had loosen the man up...perhaps in more than one way. "And mostly empty? Who else was in the bar during your first meeting?" He was a little suspicious as to how the bar just so happened to be almost empty during this meeting.

Esprit15
2012-11-27, 01:26 AM
Not really, they're plenty compliant now.

"This Thursday, 1 am. Two days from now. What do you think you'll really manage if you get to them, anyways?" He scoffs at you and kicks his feet up on the table. "Oh, the usual you would expect of criminals who are good at not being caught. A bartender who probably was a worker for them. The guy who was our recruiter. A guard at the door, armed. Needed a password to get in. Quidciphrest or something like that. Certainly doesn't do us much good now."

MesiDoomstalker
2012-11-27, 02:41 AM
Luke nods to Thalos before skipping around the men. Thank you boys, you've been most helpful. We will keep in touch. Luke winks, making a 'call me' gesture to the leader, before leaving the room with a hop and a skip.

Dragonsage
2012-11-27, 04:52 PM
"Thank you for your time gentlemen." Thalos stood up and flicked his shades open before donning them and following Luke out of the room. When he was clear from the room he shock his head and gave a mental sigh. "Well that was easy enough. Thanks for loosening his tongue a bit." He patted Luke on his shoulder before catching what he said.

shockbros
2012-11-28, 01:03 AM
Rai watches the interrogation with interest. These two sure seemed to know how to make people talk! He felt they got some valuable information that would have otherwise been missed, and while he didn't doubt the previously mentioned Empath's reliability, he wondered if he could glean something else considering these new bits of info that came to light.

As the two men were finishing up their interrogation, Rai took a deep breath and peered into the criminals' minds, focusing mostly on the leader and hoping he could get any other useful info that could have been somehow missed. Perhaps even a relieved thought of not having revealed something important? It was worth a shot.

Esprit15
2012-11-28, 03:06 AM
You don't get much at first. Oh gods, at least that Muking queer stopped touching me. These guys are gonna get theirselves Muking killed. Heh, show them. Whoever was hiring us, they'd probably laugh if they learned these twits were the ones that stopped us. Waste of time. They got the reports of what we know. Why didn't they already know all of this? There is literally nothing we have said that they didn't already know.

Not even sure what all else we have for 'em.

(Any other information you think you need is available in a report.)

"I think we should go. Sarai, grab Duren. Don't want him ranting to the convicts about...whatever they're called. Kanji or something." She heads out, smacking the smart mouth of the group and they guy who kept chasing her, both with a very satasfying smack.

Sarah asks for a room to speak to you all in private and a copy of the report. You are shown to a room similar to before but without a glass window. A scan by Rai confirms you are alone, effectively. No people listening in that you can sense, no recording devices taping you.

"Don't be stupid, okay? Don't go after the recruiters. By the sound of it, and given what little else we know, they would kill you easily. It would be a shame to lose you all.

Actually, I have a request of you. It's nothing official, but I'll see if I can give you guys a bit of support in it, financially and basic equipment-wise. The Lab has been a bit warry of sending teams to find the Keys since the expeditions to Snowpoint had been fruitless and those into the desert disastrous. I think the keys should be safer, though. We've narrowed down some plausible locations for each of them." She pulls out her phone and shows you all a map of Orre. "The easiest to guess at was the one that seeks cold. The southern-most town in Orre, Ikaite, is one of our research outposts. Apparently there is some very interesting geology there that suggests a lot of the ground was moved. Recently. It's away from the edge of a continental plate, so any geologic activity would be odd there." The map is scrolled to the south. A peninsula juts from the bottom of the continent, turning white 1/4 of the way down. A little triangle marks the town described, and maybe a mile south of that, by the sea, a little tag labeled "Possible Ice Key."

"What I actually would like you to do is simply make sure the keys exist, and see that they haven't been disturbed. After we confirm locations, we can send people to study and then either destroy or protect them. Don't worry, most aren't as distant as that one. One should be either near Pyrite or Phenac, the other either somewhere in Mt. Battle or Citadark Isle. If you're successful, the Lab would pay you for your findings. If you're in, I'll send you the file containing my location predictions."

Durami
2012-11-28, 11:13 AM
Duren nods taking in all the information, woah had this gotten interesting. "I had been meaning to travel around for awhile anyway, so to me this would be even more of a benefit, plus, imagine what kind of interesting Pokemonwe might discover near these Keys, count me in."

MesiDoomstalker
2012-11-28, 11:59 AM
Gladly madam. Anything for a beauty such as your self. Luke breathes wispily, making a slight bow with it.

Dragonsage
2012-11-28, 01:04 PM
Thalos was honestly relieved to be given an alternative than just doing some police work, though he was still curious about the recruiters but he knew how important these keys were to Sarah and it was a chance to explore Orre. "I am more than willing to go."

Esprit15
2012-11-28, 07:37 PM
"Excelent! Thank you!" Before you can respond, she swipes Luke's phone out of his pocket, playfully smirking at him in the process. She fiddles with it for a moment, then hands it back, and goes to her phone. "And sent. Okay, you should have a map of probable locations of the keys. Keep me posted on what you find. Oh! Meet me here tomorrow! I'll have something that I think you'll all enjoy. And if you need me, Luke has my number." With that, she gives Luke a wink and runs off. A look outside shows the sun has set and darkness is falling. Fast paced day, today.

I'll get a map set up when I have my comp.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-11-28, 08:22 PM
Luke pockets the phone proudly. Mindreading reveals he is celebrating (in rather unspeakably disturbing manners) inwardly.

Dragonsage
2012-11-28, 09:31 PM
"Only been in Orre for one day and it has proven to be exciting." Thalos smiled as he gazed out into the night sky."So seeing how we have plans tomorrow, should we find a place to spend the night or is there something anyone wants to do before it gets to late out?"

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-01, 09:23 PM
Just a 'stroll' Your welcome to join. Luke winks (he does that a lot doesn't he?) before skipping on his merry way to Arceus know's where.

Dragonsage
2012-12-03, 02:55 PM
Thalos decided to follow Luke on that stroll. He wouldn't have been able to rest calmly so soon after everything anyway.

Regalus
2012-12-14, 12:29 PM
Sarai sighed as she walked out of the police station with the others; she couldn't believe what she had just gotten involved in. Oh sure, she had no obligation to them; but with Duren and the others so interested, she couldn't very well let them go on this trip alone. At the very least this meant she'd have a rather interesting story to tell how family once this was all said in done... assuming they all made it out in one piece.

"Well, Rai let's get you get you a mon," she tatted, eager to push recent events out of her mind as the trio followed close behind the rangers.

Esprit15
2012-12-16, 08:46 PM
The two who never post :P
Rai gets lost in thought, reflecting on Har's words while not hearing Sarai's, while Duren thinks about the kaiju that could be created using the power of the keys, neither noticing the others leaving.

Two rangers and the girl
As you all decide to take a stroll around town, Luke aimlessly leading the way, you take a turn down a small alleyway that turns out to be a dead end. A small clatter comes from a trash can, and out pops a green monkey. It screeches at you, and two more monkeys of different colors hop down from the building, all screeching at you, with ribs clearly visible beneath the skin. A white creature, mostly a ball of fur with arms and different looking from the rest, hops behind you and screeches.

{table=header]-|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9
A||W|W|W|W|W|W||
B||W||Ma|||W||
C||W|||||W||
D||W||L|Ma||W||
E||W|S||T||W||
F||W|||||W||
G||W|||||W||
H||W|||||W||
I||W||Po|||W||
J||W|Sa||Se||W||
K||W|||||W||[/table]

W=Wall
L=Luke
S=Sarai
T=Thalos
Ma=Massuse

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-16, 09:00 PM
Oh fun! Masseuse, hit the fluff ball. I got the others. Masseuse charges the ball of white fluff, sweeping his legs low, while Luke busts out his Styler twirling it around, trying to restrain SE.

[roll0] AC 2 Physical Fighting
[roll1]
Masseuse is at C4
[roll2] Restraint on SE

Dragonsage
2012-12-17, 02:58 PM
Thalos readied Sleipnir's ball and sent him out for the battle after scanning the wild pokemon.

"Ember, Sleipnir!" The fiery pony reared before it shot a flame out.

Released Sleipnir at C6
Ember at Ma at D5
Ember- fire special
[roll0] vs 2
[roll1]

Regalus
2012-12-17, 09:08 PM
Sarai brings out lil'Howie in front; before telling the little guy to assault Po.

Howie: Brought out at F3
*Def & S.Def: 5

Confusion

Esprit15
2012-12-18, 02:06 AM
A||W|W|W|W|W|W||
B||W|||||W||
C||W||Ma||Sl|W||
D||W||L|||W||
E||W|S||T||W||
F||W|Ho||||W||
G||W|Po||||W||
H||W|||||W||
I||W|||||W||
J||W|||Se||W||
K||W||Sa|||W||[/table]

W=Wall
L=Luke
S=Sarai
T=Thalos
Ma=Massuse
Ho=Howie
Sl=Sleipnir

The red monkey is restrained by Luke, and is unable to help its allies. The white ball of fuzz rages and swings its leg under Luke, dealing 34 Fighting damage. The green monkey gives a holler as well and flings a green tendril at Luke, dealing 15 Grass damage.

The blue one, angry at being targeted, hops onto Howie and licks him and starts trying to bite him, though failing to get through the fur, discomforting him greatly. Howie takes 19 Physical Ghost damage and is Paralyzed.

shockbros
2012-12-19, 02:29 PM
After some time contemplating, Rai looks up and notices everyone but Duren has already left. Rai couldn't help but grin when he saw the pensive and blissful look on his friend's face. He decided that the best way to interrupt his train of thought was with a foreign thought.

"Duren, they've left us. We should probably go look for pokemon ourselves and catch up with everyone later."

Durami
2012-12-19, 02:42 PM
Explosions everywhere, a majestic Tyranitar opened it's maw and unleashed a blaze of light the Enormousness Nidokiing just barely managed to move it's head in time to dodge as an entire city block explodes, the people are running on the streets, when suddenly one lone figure stops, he's dressed in yellow and turns to face the Camera.

Duren they've left us. we should probably go look for pokemon ourselves and catch up with every one later.

Duren blinks as reality fades back into view and he turns to face his lightning aspected buddy. "oh....Yeah that sounds like a good idea, let's text Sarai and then be search on our way"

Hey Sarai we're going to look for Pokemon then meet up with you, hope nothing weird is going on.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-19, 03:52 PM
Masseuse, hit the blue one! I got the fluffy one. Luke chucks a ball at the fluffy McFlufferton thing, while Masseuse rolls towards Po.

Masseuse to F4, Rolling Kick to Po
[roll0] AC 2 physical fighting, flinch on 15+
[roll1]
Ball on fluffy flufferton [roll2]

Regalus
2012-12-20, 05:26 PM
"Don't worry Howie, mommy's got ya," Sarai said as she grabbed a hold of the little Woobat, before feeding the twitching mon a small yellow pill. Within moments the little furball cooed happilyas the soreness in it's muscles faded. "Okay little buddy, now hit the green one,"

Sarai Activated Muscle Relaxant

Howie: 22/36hp
*Def, & S.Def:5

Confusion: Target SA
*Ac2:[roll0]
*damage:[roll1]
*Confuses on +17

Dragonsage
2012-12-20, 07:25 PM
"Sleipnir, Tackle the green one." Thalos commanded before the pony reared and made a dash to J4 and slammed itself against the green creature.

Tackling Sa -normal physical.
[roll0] vs 3
[roll1]

Esprit15
2012-12-20, 09:38 PM
Wailing on a bunch o' monkeys. Meanies.
A||W|W|W|W|W|W||
B||W|||||W||
C||W|||||W||
D||W||L|||W||
E||W|S||T||W||
F||W|Ho|Ma|||W||
G||W|||||W||
H||W|||||W||
I||W|Se||Sa||W||
J||W||Sl|||W||
K||W|||||W||[/table]

W=Wall
L=Luke
S=Sarai
T=Thalos
Ma=Massuse
Ho=Howie
Sl=Sleipnir
Se and Sa both run circles around Sleipnir, the green one seeming particularly furious about being attacked. Together they both run past him, slashing the small Ponyta. Sleipnir takes 15 and 13 Physical, Normal damage. Po meanwhile is sent flying into a wall and clatters into a trash can.

The hunters
Your search for wilds bring you to the beach, which is beautiful at this time of evening. Duren notices that it would be a beautiful place for a being of the deep to rise out of the ocean and attack, crushing civilians, destroying buildings! The property damage along would be enormo- Ooh, a Krabby fighting some Wingull, and not fairing too badly by the looks of it. To intervene or to watch the show...
Because coding maps sucks (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Av5PEOwmoXS7dDdNdEd6MUMtTmRyVl9mZFBHUkVkM 3c#gid=0)

Dragonsage
2012-12-20, 10:13 PM
Thalos readies of his pokeballs and adjusts his shades as he gives a command. "Tackle the other one now!" He then tossed a pokeball at the green monkey while Sleipnir tackled the other monkey.

Capture roll for Sa: [roll0]

Sleipnir's tackle on Se
[roll1]
[roll2]

...just remembered I have the scanner feat so i should be able to see health percentages.