PDA

View Full Version : Adventure to Noviarn-Pazarluk



Gamer Girl
2012-10-02, 01:48 AM
You are each doing a normal mundane activity for the day, when suddenly a tiny one foot long gold colored dragon flies over to you. After looking at you for a second, the dragon slowly changes shape into a gold scroll, that floats in the air.

If taken and unrolled it reads in common:
Dear Gentile being, I Volellumorixxiselious, am humbled to ask for your help. A great wrong has been done to me that I can not right. Through my divinations, I have found you and and seen that you are able to assist me. Though the task is filled with great danger, I can offer an equally great reward. If you accept, you need only rip this scroll in half to activate the portal that will bring you to my location.

Volellumorixxiselious



And:
OOC
Just describe your PCs a little. Maybe a little background of their thoughts. Once everyone responds we will begin.

The OOC Thread can be found here:http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=257657

only1doug
2012-10-02, 02:13 AM
A redheaded Gnome looks up from his meditations, "well, what do we have here?" he asks in draconic.

Evan's curiosity and brash self confidence know no restraints,
"Hmm, tear to help, OK", he takes the scroll and rips it in two and instantly steps through the resulting portal.

"You called and I have come", Says Evan, in Draconic again,"how may I be of assistance?"

Crazyfailure13
2012-10-02, 02:27 AM
Oarrick Looks at the scroll, reading it through. His black fur stands up a bit, and he looks around, then speaks to himself in catfolk "Well, Damn, might as well see what's going on, I've got nothing better to do after all." To anyone that is listening it just sounds like hissing and purring, then he rips the scroll in half and steps into the portal.


Are you going to make an OOC thread? and which players are playing?

Ophiuchus
2012-10-02, 08:17 AM
Acrasia is uncharacteristically jumpy as she attempts to flee her province. The minor cantrip nearly makes her choke on her grapes! Upon regaining composure and reading the scroll she give an affected cackle, "What fool would I be to slip the grasp of the law only to leap into that of a complete stranger!"

The scroll lies crumpled in the corner of her carriage for most of the day; until they come upon a well armed sentry, who appear to have a Diviner in their ranks. "Curse that mindless escort! This is exactly why I never planned on paying him." She begins to consider a battle strategy, when the abandoned scroll catches her eye. "Desperate times..." she mutters, tearing the scroll down the middle.

Erasmas
2012-10-02, 10:09 AM
Shadowslayer ducked into the alleyway, pulling his hood up over his head and pressing his body against the cold stone wall in the dark. He waited there, slowing his breath, counting the time to himself.

When the small dragon appeared, he batted the thing away, trying to shoo it from his hiding spot. When it transformed into a golden scroll, the rogue paid it more attention... almost too much attention. The sound of armored boots splashed the mud as the four town guard ran past the maw of the alley. The blackened thief shot out his hand after they had gone and snatched the shiny object out of the air, and just in time too... for a single guard returned to the alley's opening and peered down it into the darkness. Clearly, he had seen the glinting gold and had come back to investigate further.

For a moment, it seemed as though he was going to tread his way down the dark passage, but after a yell from his compatriots further up the lane, he thought second about it and then disappeared once more. After several long seconds, Shadowslayer released the tension on the black hilt of one of the shortswords at his belt, the leather of his gauntlet creaking quietly against the leather of the grip as his hand relaxed. He exhaled, slowly, feeling his pulse lessen.

And then he pulled open the scroll and read it silently to himself. The rogue then cast his eyes about the alleyway he was in, examining the rooftops as well. He looked about as if to see whether whoever this was from might actually be a simple trickster, playing games with him. Satisfied in his half-hearted search, he tore the scroll into pieces and let them fall to the ground. And, drawing the Eye of Night and nocking a dark arrow, he stepped cautiously through whatever arcane doorway awaited.

ProudGrognard
2012-10-02, 04:23 PM
The beer mug was empty and had been for quite a long time. The man who was holding did not seem to mind. Averis was never a heavy drinker, but it had been an unusual long time between jobs. And the last one had not gone that well. Damn, he was even contemplating going back to a mercenary company. "Well'', he thought, straightening his fancy doublet " as my old sergeant used to say, sometimes you just dig and wait".

Averis tried to straighten his clothes once more, with limited success. He was wearing an expensive doublet of gold and dark red, which did not exactly match his reddish brown hair or his long sideburns. He is not a tall man and his heavy shoulders and powerful legs make him look shorter.His boyish features and somewhat stocky physique hide his strength somewhat, and his friendly demeanor has already made him popular around here. He tugged at his doublet again.No matter what he did, it seems that he appeared as a slovenly soldier. He took a breath, a philosophical expression on his face. "It is what I am, after all", he thought.

His musings were disrupted by the very strange sight of a huge bee coming inside the tavern and sitting on his table. "By Desna's brown legs, what the..." Averis yelled as his mind slowly registered what he was seeing. His mug fell heavily in the silence of a stunned tavern, as Averis caught the incredible little dragon by the tail. His surprise turned to sheer exasperation, when the dragon turned to a scroll.

After reading the scroll, Averis just stood, his mouth very uncharacteristically tight. After two minutes, he smirked. Then laughed. "OK, pretty boy" he said to himself. "It is time to roll the dice and hope for the best. May Cayden 's smelly breath be with me". Buying a final round for all present in the tavern, he went up to his rented room and gathered his numerous and heavy equipment. His final thought as he ripped the scroll was
"I hope the horse can pass through. I payed good money for it".

shugyosha
2012-10-06, 11:02 AM
Levin

The errant knight had been wandering for days now. The warm glow of accomplishment was beginning to fade. His last victory had been small but decisive, an arrow to the throat had finished the serpent, but that was days ago and Levin was worried that there might not be another challenge for day to months.

He was on a dusty road when the scroll appeared. He quickly opened it a read its contents. A smirk appeared on his thin face. Another challenge, he thought.

He tore it half quickly and jumped into the portal.

Gamer Girl
2012-10-06, 11:40 PM
As each scroll is teared they fade away into wisps of golden light that swirl around for a couple seconds and form a golden portal. The portal is a good five feet around and stays active for just over a minute. The portal leads to a long tunnel made of golden light, with an opaque portal at the other end.

Stepping through that portal finds you in a large cavern, several hundred feet long and wide and a couple dozen feet high. The cavern is lit by several large glowing glass balls. The main feature of the room, is a large gold scaled dragon. The Dragon watches each portal form and fade and then studies the ones that stepped through the portal.

All:
Please describe each of your characters.

only1doug
2012-10-07, 01:14 AM
A red haired gnome in a burnished bronze breastplate embossed with the holy symbol of Sarenrae steps forward, he is brimming with self confidence, "You called and I have come", Says the Gnome, in Draconic, "how may I be of assistance?"

Crazyfailure13
2012-10-07, 01:52 AM
Oarrick steps through the portal, when he see the dragon, his ears fold back as he makes a slight hissing sound, halting himself, he smells the air quickly. His black fur glistens slightly in the light of the room whenever he move, and his long fangs protruding slight out of his mouth as his yellow eye explore the dragon. Speaking in catfolk to the dragon Hello, scaled one, I'm Oarrick, my name is actually much longer then that but I don't want to say it all. Then he notices the others in the room, and starts speaking in common to them.Hello, all, I'm O, don't bother with my full name, it's just bothersome, so just call me O.

ProudGrognard
2012-10-07, 03:47 AM
Averis

Averis comes through the portal, leading his horse on foot. With practiced ease, he manages to balance walking in full plate armor, holding a bardiche and carrying an assortment of weapons. Both the armor and the bardiche are unadorned but well used, and both have been cleaned and oiled to gleaming. Even with the armor, Averis does not seem very tall, and his whole frame is deceptively thin.

As the man and the horse step through the portal, the man gasps as the horse whines for a bit.
"This job becomes stranger by the minute!", he thinks, taking a minute to assess the situation and get his bearings.
Digging his feet as for an inspection, Averis calms the horse, and stands straight.

"Averis Peronus, here for the job offer" he says with a small theatrical bow and a friendly smile."Though I must admit I was expecting an employer of the more humanoid persuasion. No matter, though. A job is a job" he adds with a laugh. "Abadar's small change, you are big aren't you?"

Averis then turns to the others present, offering the same small theatrical bow and his name. He waits, a knowing half smile in his face, leaning on his bardiche in a seemingly relaxed pose. Experience has taught him that showing his full panoply of weapons is often a better introduction that anything he could say.

Is there anyone nearby that Averis could chat as he waits?

shugyosha
2012-10-07, 09:24 PM
Levin

A slender man steps through. His sunken eyes scan the area and stops on the golden dragon. "Well, that's something you don't see everyday."

His armor clinks as he steps forward and spots the others. His gaunt face smiles a crooked feature. "Hello, I am Levin." His breast plate is modestly adorned. A bow is slung over his shoulder while a sword and quiver are at his sides.

Ophiuchus
2012-10-07, 09:28 PM
Acrasia (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=405161)

A tall, dark-haired woman, exquisitely dressed with a supernatural beauty, rushes through the portal. Her large red eyes have grown to the size of saucers in her excitement. She drinks the air with a devilish grin. She freezes when her gaze meets that of the dragon. For several long seconds she simply stands, staring; until she brings a small dried leaf up to her lips and begins to chew. Her hungry grin reappears as she takes notice of the others. "So, dragon. I presume it is you who are in need of my considerable talents? Waste no time describing the task...and, the compensation!"

Erasmas
2012-10-08, 10:50 AM
Shadowslayer leveled his bow as his eyes adjusted to the difference in lighting, staggering back a few steps at the sight of the massive creature. His fingers nearly released the projectile they held at bay... but a second of hesitation allowed the thief to think better of attacking.

"I don't care much to trust in a dragon, and that is saying something."

A small-framed human man stood apprehensively, as if his feet wanted to flee despite the resolve upon his hardened face. His disheveled brown hair was pulled loosely back and he sported the line of a puckered scar upon his chin. He seemed to be teeming with weapons and equipment, although all of it appeared to be varying shades of black.

Gamer Girl
2012-10-08, 06:43 PM
The gold dragon looks at each of you quite closely as you speak, his large eyes glowing with a soft golden light. He does a slight nod of his head after looking at each of you.
"Gentile beings, I am Volellumorixxiselious, a dragon of the gold scales. And as my scrolls said, I have called you here as I need help." Says the dragon in a deep voice, looking over each one of you again.

"A great wrong has been done to me, and all dragon kind, and more so. An item, the Pelltrongrom Statue has been stolen from me...but one I quite mistakenly trusted. I simply must have it back. I was it's entrusted guardian, and I failed. The thief fled, to a mountain fortress known as Noviarn-Pazarluk. I tried to retrieve it...but..but...my bulk was too big and my body too aged to dig it out. In my youth I could have smashed the fortress to rubble, but now...now I must call on others to help. I offer my horde, minus the Pelltrongrom Statue, to the ones that do this task for me. What say you?" Volellumorixxiselious says as he hangs his head downward to fix is eyes on the floor.

shugyosha
2012-10-08, 08:32 PM
Levin

He had never had to deal with a dragon before. Levin had heard of legends surrounding these creatures. He gives a discerning look at the creature then asks, "Who exactly took this prize of yours and what is he capable of?"


detect evil

Ophiuchus
2012-10-08, 09:31 PM
Acrasia (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=405161)

"A dragon's horde!" She covers her mouth as she is very close to drooling.

ProudGrognard
2012-10-09, 01:13 AM
Averis


As more and more people come through the luminous gates, Averis is torn between watching the arrivals and taking stock of the dragon in front of him. He bows his head in each new arrival, appraising his improbable companions. There seem to be all sorts, from extraordinarily beautiful women to cat-people. "We may as well open a circus!" he thinks to himself, smirking.

When the dragon starts to talk, he retains his relaxed demeanor, continuing to brace himself against his bardiche " A chair would have been nice", he thinks.

When the dragon finishes, Averis addresses it, counting in his fingers as he goes
"Kind Vollelor....Vollem... kind Dragon you have left a lot of questions unanswered. Unfortunately, I have to ask them and not out of idle curiosity. I am obviously far away from where I was, and going blind against a prepared enemy is suicide.
First of all, who is the thief? What is he capable of? If he could slip by you, he is obviously a rather cunning fellow. And why did he hole up in a fortress rather than disappear?
Secondly, what is this item supposed to do? How heavy or bulky is it? It is different to retrieve a pebble than a life size statue.
Thirdly, where is this Noviarn castle? What can we expect going there, inside it and leaving it?
Fourthly, are we to expect competition? Would others know of the theft and try to recover it for themselves?
Finally, I would like some more details on your generous payment. A horde is a rather vague term. What is a fortune for one man... or woman -that with a nod towards Acracia- is barely enough for someone other. Are there more specifics? And would we be able to access some of these funds to prepare?

By Gorum 's rusty underpants, I talked too much. But standing underneath fortified castles for months in my previous work has taught me that some things should be spelled out front"

With that, Averis tries to gauge the Dragon's reactions and also remember if he had heard anything of the various names mentioned.

Relevant checks are to be made by us or you? Things like Sense Motive and Knowledge Checks? If so, what check should I roll now? In any case, some rolls in the OOC thread.

only1doug
2012-10-09, 02:09 AM
Evan

Whilst waiting politely for the questions of the strangers to be answered Evan double checks that this really is a gold dragon talking to him and thinks back to whether he has ever heard of this statue before.

Disbelieve illusion: (will save) [roll0]
See through disguise: (perception) [roll1]
Knowledge (history): [roll2](if other knowledge skills are more appropriate knowledge (the planes) is the same value and knowledge (religion) is another +2)

if not he asks about it, after the dragon has replied to the other questions, "what is the nature of the statue, that it is prized so highly?"

Erasmas
2012-10-09, 10:07 AM
The thief shifts his stance and un-nocks his arrow, re-quivering it and relaxing as the dragon's shame became apparent. Kainan forced the smirk from his face, for although it was slightly humorous to see such a great beast humbled by so small a thing as to fall prey to an obviously-noteworthy rogue, it was rude to show that you thought so.

A lot of the other details of this task melted away in his mind, as boring points do. The two that he awaited more information on, however, had already been addressed as questions... he simply needed the answers. The first of which was how much this "horde" constituted. The second of which was just who this thief was - he had no qualms in stealing from the competition, in fact he rather liked the challenge. But Shadowslayer wanted to be certain that this person was, indeed, a rival... and not a member of the guild to which he himself was a part of.

Crazyfailure13
2012-10-09, 04:50 PM
O looks around "Sure, sounds fun, But I don't really care to much for gold, so I get to do something fun and get paid for it."

Gamer Girl
2012-10-09, 06:45 PM
Levin

The Gold Dragon does not have even the slightest hint of an evil glow about him


Evan
The dragon is not an illusion or disguised, as far as you can see.

Always a good idea to re state what a skill roll is for here.. Planes and Religion get no information, but history has an old story about some sort of gnome gold dragon(maybe the same, maybe two separate persons as it's unclear) trapping red dragons in a statue.

Gamer Girl
2012-10-09, 07:35 PM
Volellumorixxiselious says "I did not intend to be so vague, it is just that I find it hard to share much with furlings like yourself. But your right, knowledge is important here."

"The thief was one, Avoren Goldtree, an elf. I dare say I don't know what he is capable off after this. As far as I knew he was a youngling wizard, but it seems he had more skills then that, as even an old dragon can be fooled. I have no idea why he went to Noviarn-Pazarluk.''

"The Pelltrongrom Statue is a item of great value that has been in my family for many years. It...it needs to be here with me. I don't want to say much more about it. As for it's size, it's quite small even to you furlings. You would have no trouble holding it in one of your paws."

"Noviarn-Pazarluk is a fortress farther north of here, several long wing beats. I've been there, so sending you there by portal drakes won't be a problem. Noviarn-Pazarluk was built by giants, at least an age or so ago, but the giants are long gone. Now it's little more then an infested nest of furlings. I don't know much about it, it's outside my domain and I have little interest in furlings. Though it's a place full of as much evil as it's full of disgusting little creatures."

"Competition? I should think not. The Pelltrongrom Statue is a great draconic secret, no one knows about it other then myself and a few trusted others. I have not even spoke it's name aloud until recently."

"Furling greed" shakes his head a bit "my horde is the life time gatherings of an old dragon. To me it's a mere bed, but would bury any one of you and even all of you at once."

"I have a small catch of life gems left, one of them each should be good for an advance."

shugyosha
2012-10-09, 08:44 PM
Levin

"How do you know he is a wizard? What spells has he cast," Levin asks.

"I don't need to be bribed, but I would like to know why he has stolen this, what can he do with the Pelltrongrom Statue."

Gamer Girl
2012-10-09, 09:43 PM
Volellumorixxiselious slowly moves his head over to look at Leven "I have only known him to cast simple spells and cantrips. His most advanced spell let him cling to the walls like a spider."


"I would perfer to not say much more about the statue. It's dangerous and im important I get it back." He looks down as he says this.

ProudGrognard
2012-10-10, 12:55 AM
As the great Gold Dragon answers his questions, Averis stores the information on his mind. Outwardly, he retains his relaxed friendly attitude. When the dragon stops, Averis let's out a small laugh.

"Well, I have been called worse things than greedy furling in my time. But I suppose that our lives and our wealth are measured differently than that of dragons. In any case, I will take up your quest."

He then turns to the others.

"I would also like a chance to coordinate with my fellow... coworkers before you send us away".

What is a life gem? Would Averis know? Also, where are rolls to be made here, or in the OCC thread? What is for here and what for there?

Gamer Girl
2012-10-10, 07:11 AM
Averis

I guess you missed my reply in the OOC Thread. I'm fine with you rolling here in the IC Thread, in Spoilers.

only1doug
2012-10-10, 10:15 AM
Evan
"I am sure that all of these fine people will agree with me that while we are eager to recover your lost statue, our task would surely be greatly aided by an advance payment to each of us of some powerful magic items from your hoard, while Lifestones are useful perhaps there are other items that would assist us even further"

Evan's words slip fluently from common to draconic, each word carefully chosen to indicate the dedication of the group to the goal and the necessity for strong precautions when taking on an unknown threat.


Diplomacy [roll0] -2 to this, I typed it from memory and I actually only have +17 not +19 as written. so only 35 on my diplomacy roll (Actually, I can't remember were I got all the bonuses from, I'm now checking back to ensure that number is legal Yup thats correct.)
Linguistics (assist) [roll1] might add a small bonus to diplomacy roll

Erasmas
2012-10-10, 11:02 AM
Shadowslayer laughed to himself quietly. What with all of the negotiations, stipulations, and "what if"s... the rogue doubted that this expedition would last very long at all.

"Dragon!"

The thief called, waiting for the wyrm's attention before he continued.

"I will do this task for you, for the agreed price. I am ready to depart, so summon your portal, if you will. I tire of questions. A job undone is money ungained."

ProudGrognard
2012-10-10, 11:21 AM
Averis

The red haired gnome fellow was doing a fine job after Averis own's heart when the black clad fellow barged in. Averis left a theatrical sigh after the speech.

"Sure kind Dragon, send him ahead. He is sure eager to go in alone in a fortified castle. We 'll catch up with him later... or what is left of him. The rest of us would perhaps like some time to organize first. In the spirit of camaraderie, I promise to safeguard his share of the fee. He well probably need it for healing."

With that, he winked at Shadowslayer, an extra friendly smile on his face and made a 'Go ahead' gesture.

"Or perhaps you could wait a bit? A few more minutes, so you would know, with whom you are going to risk your life with?"

Erasmas
2012-10-10, 12:02 PM
Shadowslayer clenched his jaw and then allowed a smile to play at the corners of his mouth.

"I make it a habit to not risk my life, soldier... but, if the moment presents itself... I might be willing to risk yours. But if you all insist on fluffing your feathers good and proper before we go on parade, then by all means. Who am I to stop your idling hands?"

The thief then took to making a wide circle around the gold dragon. This was the first he had ever seen this close before. Kainan studied the beast without touching him, trying to discern the possibility of weak points on his scaly body. You never knew when information such as a dragon's anatomy could prove useful... in a pinch.

shugyosha
2012-10-10, 12:23 PM
Levin

Levin rubbed his sharp chin. "I think you misunderstand me Volellumorixxiselious. I do what I do not for gold or glory but because it is right. I don't mind risking my life but I would rather it be for something more than a dragon's trinket. So I ask again, what can he do with it that is so terrible that you need to call us."

Ophiuchus
2012-10-10, 07:24 PM
Acrasia (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=405161)

Meanwhile, a tiny viper has emerged from the maiden's neckline and begun hissing into her ear. Acrasia nods as if listening intently; occasionally even muttering a reply. She eventually steps forward. "So we are to risk our very lives, and you throw away your last copper for...a mere sentimental piece? Come now, dragon. You think too little of us mortals. This Avoran, a trifling hedgemage, to hear you describe him, was nonetheless able to earn your confidence, and your trust. Now, we are to believe he dared your wrath merely to hide away in some dungeon? Not even an elf would have the longevity to wait that out. He knows something you're not telling us...or is working for someone who does. If you expect us to return with your prize, we will need to be provided with more essential information."

Diplomacy:[roll0]

Gamer Girl
2012-10-10, 08:36 PM
Volellumorixxiselious slowly moves his head over to look at Evan and shakes it slightly "How little you furlings understand dragons. I offer you a gem that can bring you back to life and you'd toss it aside for several more powerful items. Ha, as if my horde had dozens of powerful items. But then you furlings don't understand real power. One of my most powerful items is my elven song bird that can sing over a thousand elven tunes. Though no doubt you would find such an item useless and not powerful. No to you, your type, manamals, you think power is only destruction. So you'd want to sift through my horde like a rat? And were you to take all the prized items, why would you undertake my quest?"

Volellumorixxiselious moves his head over to look at Levin. "Knowledge of somethings is very dangerous. It really is for the best that you not know. Not all of you will be able to handle such knowledge."

Volellumorixxiselious moves his head over to look at Acrasia. "Why is it so hard for you furlings to accept that somethings are just important. And dangerous. Without knowing every detail. It's important and dangerous, that is all you should need to know."

Volellumorixxiselious closes his eyes and shakes his head "Maybe this was yet another mistake I made...."

shugyosha
2012-10-10, 09:26 PM
Levin

Crafting his words as emphatically as he could, Levin tried to explain his position, "There are a few of us fleshlings who are driven by helping people more than gold. Also us fleshlings live much shorter lives than you dragons, so those fleshlings, like me, who wish to help people, need to know that they are risking their lives for a just cause.

"I would like to help you, but right now you are asking me to throw myself in to certain peril for an object that has, for all I know, only sentimental value to you. If you were in my position would risk your life if I asked you to retrieve my favorite shirt."


[roll0] diplomacy

Ophiuchus
2012-10-10, 09:57 PM
Acrasia (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=405161)

Acrasia scowls. She raises her finger and bares her teeth in objection when the tiny snake lunges out to steal her gaze. It soon loses its balance and twists backwards, only to be caught and replaced upon her shoulder. The girl winces a little as it hisses in her ear some more. Afterwards, she remains quiet, almost pouting.

Gamer Girl
2012-10-10, 10:31 PM
Volellumorixxiselious looks at Levin "If you, of all the furlings I have gathered here can't take me at my word, then what hope is there for the others? He looks around at everyone, but does not focus on any one individual.

Crazyfailure13
2012-10-11, 01:16 AM
O laughs as the dragon bickers with the othersI would love an elven song bird, it sounds like it would be entertaining, anyway shouldn't you already know mortal greed and expect it?

ProudGrognard
2012-10-11, 01:18 AM
Averis

The ex soldier shakes his head in the inter-species misunderstandings and let's out a small laugh.

" I don't know a lot about what dragons count as valuable or not. Sometimes I don't understand humans either. Once I fought in a siege for six months because one noble killed a deer in another one's forest. So if you say that this statue is valuable to you, I believe you. I don't think that you would drag us through magical holes just to ambush us. And I believe that a lifegem is very valuable assurance that you do indeed take this very seriously.

So, as I said, I will take your quest. In my mind, there is just one thing to know. As I understand it, we will be sent there in the same way we were summoned here. How are we to get back after the retrieval? I am not sure where here is, actually.

And again, we those that agree with your quest, I would like some minutes to coordinate before we will leave"

With that, Averis stretches and let's his bardiche leaning. The deal was done.

only1doug
2012-10-11, 02:23 AM
Evan

"yes, i am sure that to a dragon, with inbuilt armour, fire breath, talons the size of greatswords, teeth capable of crunching through plate armour, to one such as yourself a preference for items that would prevent someone dying in the first place must seem foolish. Us mere 'furlings', while we welcome resurrection magics, would prefer not to die in the first place, perhaps that is a sentimental foolishness."

Diplomacy [roll0] aiming to sooth the dragons fears that we just want his horde.

"A songbird you say, is there a huge rush to start this mission? do we have time to listen to one song before we go? ... well perhaps not but we must take at least enough time to introduce ourselves to each other none the less."

Turning to the other 'Furlings',
"I am Evan, an Oracle of Flame, I can heal wounds or Burn Evil, as the Dawnflower teaches.

I am a student of Languages, History, Religion and Planar Knowledge.

I have very little skill in handling weapons but can shoot a crossbow or swing a mace if i must."

ProudGrognard
2012-10-11, 07:02 AM
Averis

Averis smiles at Evan's speech and gives him a friendly wink. This is the second time, out of two, that he finds himself agreeing with the gnome. He is starting to like him. When he finished, he gives a lazy salute to all present and says:

"I am Averis Peronus, an expert on polearms, trained by the most disreputable mercenary companies this side of the world. I know how to hold a line and how to break one. I also know a little about negotiation, I can track a bit, though I am no elven ranger, and I know something of Nobility and Fortifications, having worked for more greedy, noble blooded furlings that I can count. Watch my back, figuratively and literally, and I will make as sure as possible that nothing happens to your face"

Crazyfailure13
2012-10-11, 08:32 AM
O lays on the ground, seeming to not be all that interested in talking about pasts I'm O, and I look like a big cat, lot more like one then my other peoples, you all smell awful by the way. Vol is the worst though.

Erasmas
2012-10-11, 09:30 AM
Kainan rolled his eyes and eventually found himself a section of wall to put his back against. He waited until the introduction seemed to be expected from him and exhaled.

"I am called Shadowslayer. I deal with things that others don't seem to have the stomach for."

Ophiuchus
2012-10-11, 02:29 PM
Acrasia (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=405161)

She curtseys, "You can just call me Acrasia...for now. The eldritch power of mighty ancestors flows, awakened, in my blood."

Gamer Girl
2012-10-12, 09:59 PM
Volellumorixxiselious tilts his head and listens to each of you speak and slowly nods his head. "I'm glad to hear that you have agreed to help me. I don't much like asking for help, even more so from furlings."

"I do know well furling greed. I've slain countless treasure seekers over the years. I had thought that a part of my horde would fill anyones greed. It's after all, all I have."

"As I said I have been to Noviarn-Pazarluk. So i can send you there by portal drake easy enough. As for getting back, I had thought to simply send a portal drake with you."

"There is a bit of a need for speed. The longer time, the worse things can get....but mostly I just need this task done as soon as possible."

Crazyfailure13
2012-10-12, 10:24 PM
Ok lets get this show ob the road, or portal drake, we shalk be called the band of Recklessness.

ProudGrognard
2012-10-12, 11:29 PM
Averis hears the various introductions and smiles his not so charming smirk at everybody. After O he says:

"O is right. It is time to go."

only1doug
2012-10-13, 12:09 AM
"Very well, let us away",

Evan wonders about the abilities of those with whom he has been temporarily allied, only one of them seemed willing to discuss his skills and those were of disreputable origin.

No matter, he decided, he would find a way to persevere, although he hoped that none of his new allies would decide to run off with the prize.

Gamer Girl
2012-10-13, 04:15 PM
Volellumorixxiselious nods and turns away from your group. He casts a couple spells off to the side, speaking in drconic. Gold and yellow lights flicker around his claws, eyes and most of his front body scales. Once he is done, two small sized gray colored drakes are hovering in air before him.

shugyosha
2012-10-13, 10:58 PM
Levin

The champion of Sarenrae remains silent as the banter continues.

Gamer Girl
2012-10-14, 03:46 PM
Volellumorixxiselious opens his left claw, and six medium sized ruby's appear and float down to the ground in a small circle. "The Lifegems. They are simple enough to use, just break it on a corpse. It must be a very recently died one, though, not more then a couple weeks."


One of the smaller gray scaled drakes starts to fly in an vertical circle. Slowly it's covered with golden light, and bits of glowing gold motes fall off of it's scales. Slowly the motes of light and the whole drakes body form into a swirling disk of golden light, and that disk forms into a portal.

ProudGrognard
2012-10-14, 04:14 PM
Averis

Averis takes one of the gem and stashes it on his person. He takes notice, if it is possible, where his companions put theirs, so he can use it in a pinch. If no one objects, he takes a big breath, checks his equipment, flashes his signature smirk and says "Let us proceed to met just punishment, reap great rewards and bleed from several orifices, natural or not. See you on the other side. ".
Turning to the dragon "I would like my horse to be here when I return. In one piece, please." And steps in.

If someone tries to stop him or if the rest do not seem to follow him, he stops and listens.

Ophiuchus
2012-10-15, 08:11 AM
Acrasia (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=405161)

Acrasia studies the gem hungrilly.
Spellcraft[roll0]

After some time has passed; she stuffs it in her haversack and rallies at the portal with the others.

Erasmas
2012-10-15, 10:14 AM
"Finally."

Shadowslayer mutters under his breath and rights himself away from the wall. He unceremoniously retrieves one of the lifegems and places it into his beltpouch. He nods to the dragon and then walks through the newly-formed portal.

only1doug
2012-10-15, 10:20 AM
Evan takes a ruby and puts it in his backpack, "Thank you Volellumorixxiselious, I swear that I will do my utmost to retrieve your statue and return it to you."

Evan joins the others at the portal and follows Averis through.

shugyosha
2012-10-15, 07:49 PM
Levin

"What does this thing look like? How will we know what we are looking for? And is it's destruction preferable than letting him keep it?"

Gamer Girl
2012-10-15, 09:58 PM
Acrasia
Your Spellcraft roll reveals nothing about the ruby lifegem.

Gamer Girl
2012-10-15, 10:05 PM
Volellumorixxiselious looks over to Levin "The Pelltrongrom Statue is about the size of your paw and is shaped like the four-quarters of five red dragons sinking into the pool like base. The statue must stay intact. Though it will take at least dragon might to harm it, so it should not be an issue for you."

shugyosha
2012-10-15, 11:02 PM
Levin

"Is it dangerous to its holder, is there anything we shouldn't do while carrying it?"

Gamer Girl
2012-10-16, 07:49 PM
Volellumorixxiselious"It is not dangerous to touch or hold at all. Though it will fell slightly warm, it's not enough to burn your fur."

shugyosha
2012-10-16, 09:13 PM
Levin

"Well, my 'fur' isn't what I'm worried about," he chides. In a cavalier manner he takes a gem and tosses to Evan. "Here have another," he says as he moves to the portal.

only1doug
2012-10-17, 01:51 AM
Evan

"I shall hold it safe for you, I hope that none of us have need of it."

Evan places the second ruby carefully in his pouch.
1 ruby in his pouch, one in his backpack.

Gamer Girl
2012-10-17, 09:29 AM
The glowing golden portal leads to a small, rocky hillside and then fades away without a sound. The sky above is mostly cloudy, but you know it's not quite yet midday. The land around is very rocky and broken, with only a couple evergreen bushes and trees scattered about.

Directly to the north, several hundred feet away, the land rises sharpy into a rocky mountainside. At the top of this mountainside, half built into the earth and rock itself, is a massive fortress:Noviarn-Pazarluk. From where you are, you don't see much of a way up to the fortress other then climbing the mountainside. Some of the openings in the distant fortress glow with the flicker of fires, and several lines of smoke lazily drift upwards from the top of the fortress. It's clear the fortress is inhabited.

Much closer, a high pitched yipe echos around the area. Only about 100 feet away, down the southern sloped from where the portal brings you, a group of creatures are in a circle around a fire. Ten of them are skinny and tall hyena headed humanoids and another ten are much smaller harry humanoids. The fire they are gathered around is much more a odd pile of wood and some flickering flames and a little smoke. Next to the wood pile lay too freshly killed deer. The group is making much noise of voices, grunts, yelps, bangs and thumps.

As far as you can tell, the group of humanoids has not so much as noticed your sudden arrival...

Ophiuchus
2012-10-17, 11:14 AM
Acrasia (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=405161)

"I won't be taking any chances against these foul creatures!" She makes a complicated gesture while muttering in a strange tongue.

Casts Mage Armor (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/m/mage-armor)

"There are too many to manipulate, even by magic. Shall we bypass, or kill them all?"

Erasmas
2012-10-17, 12:00 PM
"I say we ignore them, unless they become a problem. A battle this close to the fortress is surely to be heard, with all the echo off of these rocks. Besides, I dislike a straightforward fight."

shugyosha
2012-10-17, 12:21 PM
Levin

Levin sizes them up before making any comment.


detect evil

Crazyfailure13
2012-10-17, 12:48 PM
O's tail starts to make a flicking motionThey could end up being new friends, I say we say hello, I mean, I look like a cat but I'm not unfriendly.

only1doug
2012-10-17, 01:49 PM
Evan

"I always prefer to start with negotiation if possible, we don't have to kill everything we meet do we?"

Gamer Girl
2012-10-17, 02:29 PM
Levin

Each of the humanoids glows with faint evil.

shugyosha
2012-10-17, 02:36 PM
Levin

"No, they are evil and we will vanquish them," he says readying his bow.

ProudGrognard
2012-10-17, 03:58 PM
Averis

Averis comes out of the portal ready for everything. He remains on guard, trying to safeguard the area that the others are landing. He tries to see if there are more strange creatures around before deciding what to do. As he does so, he motions his colleagues to get out of obvious line of sight and speak in whispers

Perception [roll0]
Knowledge (dungeoneering) [roll1]
General check [roll2]

Also he tries to measure the castle and compare to others he has seen on campaigns

Engineering [roll3]

As Levin speaks, he looks at him startled

"Hey just a minute there, friend. Even if we decide that we have indeed to fight them, it would require some planning. We haven't fought yet side by side and there are an awful lot of them. And please, reconsider the urge to kill everything that does not agree with you. We are not exterminators, we are here to do something specific. What do you say?"

He then goes back to assessing the situation and making plans.

Ophiuchus
2012-10-17, 03:59 PM
Acrasia (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=405161)

"A pack of clumsy brutes is hardly worth the diplomatic effort. There also exists the very real chance that they can't even understand our tongue. Besides...the noises they make...Beings have been killed for less! " Her eyes briefly flash with excitement before she regains composure.

"...Though I suppose such raucousness should make it easy to slip past their notice; sparing us the trouble of their extermination."

only1doug
2012-10-17, 04:34 PM
Evan

"Is diplomatic effort so much more strenuous than brutal murder?"

"There's a good chance we can find a language that one of us shares with almost any creature."

Ophiuchus
2012-10-17, 08:57 PM
Acrasia (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=405161)

"It often is. Yet if you are so eager to test this linguistic hypothesis, I will not interfere." She She curtseys low enough to account for their substantial height difference, and moves toward the others.

With a wide grin, Acrasia whispers, "We shall soon see if these life gems actually work!"

Gamer Girl
2012-10-17, 11:22 PM
Averis

Perception: You hear one of the heyana headed humanoids say the word ''Odda'', the Gnoll word for ''food''.
Knowledge (dungeoneering) Dungeons are often found underground.
Engineering: The fortress is far, far larger then any you have seen. All of it's features are of a huge scale. Though the dragon did say it was originally built by giants so that does make sense.

ProudGrognard
2012-10-18, 01:41 AM
Averis

Is it possible to go around the feast somewhat undetected and arrive at the castle?

Averis whispers to the others, while trying to remain undetected:

"Our fellow campers down there are getting ready to eat. On the one hand, not fighting them would be good. It would be a shame to arrive at the fortress expended. On the other, it would be even worse to get ourselves between them and the castle forces.
And by the way, any ideas on how to get inside the thing? Perhaps one of them would know? Because I don't feel like knocking on the portcullis..."

Averis' face is getting grim. Getting inside would be difficult.

Ophiuchus
2012-10-18, 07:26 AM
Acrasia (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=405161)

"I have in my possession, scrolls of Levitate (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/l/levitate) and Jump (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/j/jump). That should get at least on of us over the wall."

Erasmas
2012-10-18, 09:11 AM
"And depending on the height of the walls... I have rope and hook."


ProudGrognard: I might be wrong, but I think the fortress is up the hill from us, and the beasties are down the hill.

ProudGrognard
2012-10-18, 12:35 PM
@Erasmas: I think you are right, but I am not sure if we have to go down before we go up. Or if we can proceed to the castle without them seeing us.

Crazyfailure13
2012-10-18, 02:28 PM
O seems to be focusing on a rock, but then starts talkingSo instead of talking you would kill someone because they are not like you? How does that make you any different from them? Senseless slaughter is the same no matter who does it.

Ophiuchus
2012-10-18, 02:46 PM
Acrasia (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=405161)

"It makes me different because I will still be alive. Will you cease this pointless ethics debate? We've got a job to perform!"

Gamer Girl
2012-10-18, 09:15 PM
Averis

Of course, you could always move the direction opposite from where the group is to the fortress. They are not anything like a group of active guards on the only route to the fortress.

shugyosha
2012-10-18, 09:20 PM
O seems to be focusing on a rock, but then starts talkingSo instead of talking you would kill someone because they are not like you? How does that make you any different from them? Senseless slaughter is the same no matter who does it.

Levin

"No, they are evil," he says as if that should explain everything.

Honestly I don't know what that means until Gamer Girl answers my question.

Gamer Girl
2012-10-18, 11:44 PM
Levin

Vision:

Young red haired female human paladin sits on a rock sharpening her long sword. "But with so much evil everywhere, where do I even start?" she asks to an older female cleric next to her. The scene shifts to:

The young female paladin with a mighty war cry and charges into a village full of orcs. She fights well, both her sword and hair blazing with fire and slays many foes. Soon enough she is standing among piles of dead orc bodies, though she is alive, she is quite tired, worn out and wounded. As she stands there to catch her breath she does not even see the ape-like demon that comes up from behind her and rips her to pieces. The scene shifts to:

The young female paladin runs towards a forest with her sword blazing with fire. "Evil!" she cries as she smites the closest tree, and the next tree and the next tree. Each tree falls, aflame, to the forest ground. She smites tree after tree and soon the whole forest is ablaze, and soon after that the whole world.... The scene shifts to:

The young female paladin leading a group of human warriors in defense of a town from a gnoll army. The battle rages for a bit, until the young female paladin encounters the gnoll king. The two face off in single combat, with the troops on both sides stopping to watch. The female paladin fights well, but is over come and killed by the vile spell cast by the gnoll king. The gnolls bark in victory, but while they do so, another young woman runs over to the fallen paladin. Suddenly the wounded gnoll king is attacked from behind and killed by a gnoll prince, but he hardly has time to celebrate as two more gnoll princes also move up to attack and fight over the crown. The gnoll army quickly falls apart into a handful of mobs supporting one prince or the other. The young female then lifts up the fallen female paladins sword, and with a yell leads her people forward against the gnolls.... The scene shifts to:

Young red haired female human paladin sits on a rock as an older female cleric says "You are a flame of truth, justice and light. And like any flame, too much can be a bad thing. A small flame can cook your food or keep you warm, but a large flame can burn down a town. You must keep your flame strong, but contained within your heart, until you most need it."

ProudGrognard
2012-10-19, 01:12 AM
Averis

"I don't know if they are evil or not. I only care if they are now, or will be a problem for our mission. And it can go both ways. Taking them out now will ensure that we will face them in our terms and away from the castle. Leaving them will mean that we can go on with our mission, but take the chance that we will have to confront them in an inappropriate time. I am not really sure myself what to do."

Averis theatrically takes of his helmet and wipes non-existent sweat from his brow.

"The terrors of the battlefield are not what they used to be. I keep having these philosophical conundrums! "

only1doug
2012-10-19, 03:20 AM
Evan waits patiently for his allies to reach a consensus as to what to do next.

Erasmas
2012-10-19, 09:39 AM
"We are but a league from the very shadows of that castle. If we fight them, whatever posted guardsmen are on those walls will hear, and possibly even see, us. Even if we are victorious against those creatures and slay them all and bathe in their blood... or whatever you lot have planned to do with them... when we then march that way, they will know, without a doubt, that we come."

Kainan begins walking towards the fortress, trying to pick a path that might be easiest to traverse, while still using as much cover as possible to disrupt the line of sight from the complex. He mutters half under his breath as he starts off.

"Might as well just blow a damned horn to announce our intentions..."

shugyosha
2012-10-19, 12:33 PM
Levin

"I know they are evil", he says with confidence. "But if you want to talk to them go right ahead, but right now we have the advantage of surprise," he says to Oarrick.

ProudGrognard
2012-10-19, 12:53 PM
Averis

"I think Shadowslayer is in the right. Let's start moving. We should proceed to scouting the castle, trying to find a way in that does not make us visible to everybody posted as guard. I believe that we should find a nice defensible, secluded spot with good visibility, make camp there and send out scouts.

And when we do that, by Irori 's musty gloves, we must decide on how to decide things. We cannot keep having tactical discussions on the very shadow of our foes!"

only1doug
2012-10-19, 04:55 PM
Evan

"Sending out scouts seems a good idea, is anyone any use at skulking and scouting?"

Gamer Girl
2012-10-19, 07:39 PM
The small, four foot long gray scaled portal drake also comes through the portal. It immediately folds it's wings up onto it's back and moves along the ground. Slowly the drake looks at each one of you as it swings it's tail about just a bit.

Ophiuchus
2012-10-19, 10:23 PM
Acrasia (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=405161)

She pulls the serpent from her neckline and sets it upon the ground. It begins to slither toward the castle.
"I am capable of rendering creatures and objects invisible for several minutes at a time. Although, there is a limit to the number of castings I can do in a day."

shugyosha
2012-10-20, 12:27 AM
Levin

Moving around them might be good but consider that not all of us can move silently.

ProudGrognard
2012-10-20, 05:30 AM
Averis

"They are going to eat now. This is the time to get away and find a good spot to make a camp and send scouts. We don't need to be totally silent, just move as stealthily as we can away from here."

Averis then scans the area to see if a place can be found which would offer some concealment and good visibility.

Survival? [roll0]

ProudGrognard
2012-10-20, 05:35 AM
Averis

Or, since edit doesn't work

Perception [roll0]

shugyosha
2012-10-20, 09:37 AM
Levin

The stalwart man follows.


[roll0] stealth

only1doug
2012-10-20, 10:33 AM
Evan

"Hmmm, where did shadowsulker go? He must be one of the scouty types..."

"Well, nevermind, I'm going to follow you Averis, if you keep the nasties from hitting me then I'll keep you healthy."

Erasmas
2012-10-20, 01:31 PM
Kainan's voice preceeded his form, as he stepped out from behind a nearby rock.

"It is Shadowslayer, gnome... for I have had to kill things that are made of the very nightmares that wake you from your sleep. I implore you to not trivialize my identity any more than is absolutely necessary. It tends to put a damper on my otherwise cheery disposition."

The thief then continued on with the rest, trying to find a suitable spot to leave the noisier members to wait while those better suited for stealth explored further.

ProudGrognard
2012-10-20, 02:25 PM
Averis

"I am overjoyed that I can agree with both my amiable companions.A cheerful disposition is absolutely necessary when searching a draconic artifact of unknown powers that had been hidden in an impenetrable fortress built by giants. But keeping the man dressed in steel healthy so that he keeps the squishy enemies away is also essential. Oh, the joys of Truth! But let us proceed as quietly as possible to a secluded place to plan"

Averis' smirk almost splits his face in two as he walks as stealthily as a steel-clad hedgehog , his eyes scanning the area and the feasting humanoids.

Stealth [roll0]

Crazyfailure13
2012-10-20, 09:56 PM
O follows with the stealthy team, looking around for shiny things.

Gamer Girl
2012-10-20, 10:46 PM
Averis
Not exactly a survival check...but the rocky, broken landscape provides dozens of spots to hide and get out of sight. Though such places will limit your sight as well.
You spot a nice rock over hang that is curved in a 'C' shape, providing nice cover from three sides, with the fourth half covered by several boulders.

ProudGrognard
2012-10-21, 02:01 AM
Averis

As the party sloggs through the rocky terrain, Averis spots what he was looking for. A nice secluded C-shaped rock formation, with excellent defense capabilities and good visibility. He draws his companions' attention and points:

"There, this is what I am talking about. A natural defensive spot. We all fit inside, surprise is difficult and access can be controlled. This is where we should make our base."

He matches words and actions as he starts walking towards the spot.

only1doug
2012-10-21, 02:17 AM
Evan

Evan follows Averis as quietly as he can.

Move silently [roll0]

Erasmas
2012-10-21, 08:59 AM
Kainan also follows the man, equally impressed by the rock formation and Averis' ability in finding it.

"Aye. That will do nicely."

Gamer Girl
2012-10-21, 03:27 PM
A nice rock over hang that is curved in a 'C' shape, providing nice cover from three sides, with the fourth half covered by several boulders looms up ahead of you.

The humanoids don't seem to take any notice of your movements as far as you can tell.

Ophiuchus
2012-10-22, 01:57 PM
Acrasia

Acrasia approaches the new camp with the others. "Who shall maintain vigil?"

Erasmas
2012-10-22, 03:45 PM
"I imagine that I will be going with the expedition to scout ahead. I do not know who else plans on coming with me, if anyone."

ProudGrognard
2012-10-22, 04:02 PM
Averis

Averis puts down his backpack with a sign and checks that all his various weapons are still where they should be. He checks to see if all his companions are accounted for. And then he addresses them.

" Well now, no need to be hasty. This is a good place to discuss our options. I propose that someone gets on the rocks with his bow ready. I will do it. And then, before we sent out scouts, I think that there is something we need to decide on: So far, we keep having different opinions on how to do things. This is nice when we are alone, like we are now, but it will get us killed if enemies are nearby. We must decide how we are going to decide things from now on. As my old sergeant used to say "Bad orders are better than no orders". I have no problem to follow someone 's lead, if only in battle. And I have no problem at being the lead. But engagement by concensus is dangerous.

Damn I talk too much."

And with that, he takes out a well used crossbow and loads it, scanning for hostile forces. He also gestures for any other crossbows to be brought out and get loaded.

"Better now that when enemies appear. These things are slow" He explains.

Gamer Girl
2012-10-22, 07:31 PM
The small, four foot long gray scaled portal drake keeps it's wings folded on it's back and walks along on the ground. The drake tries to stay as close to the middle of the group as possible. Once at the rocky overhang, the drake curls up into a ball and lays down in the dirt.

shugyosha
2012-10-22, 08:20 PM
Levin

"Since you have decided to send some out alone. I suggest we let them go and see what they find. Then we can see what our options are. Am sure a leader will naturally emerge."

only1doug
2012-10-23, 02:10 AM
Evan

Evan sits down with his back to a boulder and slowly checks the action of his light crossbow.


"Talk to much Averis? you are but an amateur, why I could wax eloquent for hours at a time, but I fear that this is not the time for it and the delicate art of conversation shall have to wait for more civilised surroundings, for now I will offer just a few short words."

"Averis has a valid consideration, if we delay choosing a leader we are likely to bicker in the presence of danger instead of responding decisively. This course of action could kill us all, who then will use the lifestones to bring us back?"

"A decision should be made before the scounting party leaves, we will have little to do while we wait for their return but sit and keep watch and talk of course. Such talk may influence our decisions as to who should lead and that would be unfair to the scouting party, to miss the opportunity to offer their opinions and have their say."

"A decision now as to who will form our strategy and tactics could likely save all our lives in the future, this need not be a single decision, for instance were I to be chosen as Leader I would delegate combat leadership to another, Likely Averis as he has vast combat experience, Scouting Leadership would again be delegated, probably to shadow as he seems to be skilled in that area."


His crossbow checked, Evan loads it, making sure that it is always facing away from other party members.

Ophiuchus
2012-10-23, 08:31 AM
Acrasia (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=405161)

"I will not obey one who hasn't proven their superiority. Not unless I am additionally compensated."

only1doug
2012-10-23, 08:58 AM
Evan

"I will only heal those who obey the groups chosen leader, will that be suitable additional compensation for you?"

Erasmas
2012-10-23, 11:09 AM
Shadowslayer balks, "We need to choose a leader?! What are we... at court?"

Kainan inserted his head and right arm between the body and string of his bow, affixing the weapon across his body and freeing up his arms. He also removed his cloak and wadded it up, tossing it to the side, up against one of the boulders that was out of the way. In addition, he shortened the length of the frogs that held his scabbards in place, re-buckling them several notches higher, bringing the blades up closer to central core of his body. The thief likewise now bothered to tie the leather thongs at the scabbards' bottoms, knotting the leather strings around his thighs. As he prepared, he spoke more, his attention still on what he was doing and not on how what he said was received.

"It's really simple, m'lords and m'ladies... if someone draws upon us, we kill them... if someone comes between us and the statue, we kill them... and is someone stops us from getting back home, we most certainly kill them... I don't know about you all, but I left my battlefield maps and little wooden soldiers back at my castle. So this 'prince' is going to do whatever the situation calls for, in the moment, like I always do. Gods know, it's saved my skin more times than anything else has."

Gamer Girl
2012-10-23, 11:52 AM
The small, four foot long gray scaled portal drake keeps it's wings folded on it's back and crawls along the ground. It is careful to always stay down behind some rocks. Slowly it snuffs along the ground for several seconds. Then with a quick and fairly silent move of it's front claws it quickly digs a small hole in the dirt. Then with an equally swift and silent move the drakes head zips into the small hole and emerges with a three inch beetle in it's jaws. With a fairly simple flick of it's tongue the drake swallows the beetle whole.

only1doug
2012-10-23, 12:37 PM
Evan

"Oh Sarenrae, we are all going to die!"

"So shadow, you think that in court they vote on hierarchical order? I can assure you that is not the case, there is a hereditary power structure that is fairly inflexible although those at the top can re-arrange the structure beneath them somewhat. But I digress, that is not important right now, what is important is that we either work together or we will die separately. If you believe that you can retrieve the statue working alone then perhaps we should just all wait here, when we get bored o waiting we could ressurect
Your corpse, if we happen across it."

"Now please, stop coming up with reasons not to appoint a leader and discuss possible candidates. I am willing to stand for the role, but there are those who would say I am too verbose"

"Our decision does not have to be on a permenant basis, we could decide now for todays leader and choose again tomorrow."

Erasmas
2012-10-23, 02:16 PM
"I wouldn't know what happens at court... Evan, was it? In case it had escaped your attention, I'm not exactly the type they let in at court."

Shadowslayer knelt and poured a small amount of water from his wineskin into the dirt where the drake had just dug and scooped up a wad of dark mud from the depression. He kneaded it between the fingertips from both hands, forming it into a paste and began smearing it upon his face.

"You need to have a leader in order to press on, so be it. I nominate the witch... Acrasia, right? She wears no armor, so she's least likely to gamble with her own rear, let alone mine. Besides... if I must follow someone, it would be better to have someone decent to look at. I do not wish to do this alone, but I will if I must."

Kainan stood and climbed the rock next to the crossbowman standing guard. He looked at the gathered group and exhaled a long sigh while looking out across the rocky slope between them and the fortress.

"While we have light, it is best that we discover as much as we can about breaching these walls. After that... we can meet back here and discuss what we have found so that we can make our move under the cover of darkness. While the scouting party is gone, the rest of you can determine who to crown our king, if it will make you feel better about our chances of survival."

ProudGrognard
2012-10-23, 02:33 PM
Averis

Averis watches the debate he started, smirking at the jabs going back and forth.

"Too bad we cannot retrieve the statue based on clever use of language...or beauty. Then we would be back by now.

I have been at several courts. Not a single b@st@rd did I see that I would like to follow. The thing is... I don't know about you Shadowslayer, but if you have lived that long but reacting instead of proacting, then you are a stupendously capable fellow. I, on the other hand, have never seen even a single person survive alone without first coordinating with his team.

I also did not propose a general leader or anything as grandiose. We are not creating a kingdom here. I am just saying that when combat starts, we must coordinate. And we must listen to the people whose skills are most appropriate. I would listen to Acrasia 's advice when things magical are concerned. I would hear Evan out in things religious. And I would certainly do what you say when stealth is required.

So everyone will do what he is best at. We just need to know who is doing what and pull our resources together. And this requires someone that will have his mind set in just that.

I think I made my case. I would like to hear everyone's opinion and then get on with it.

And by the way, of you want someone pretty to look, Acrasia is bad for leadership. Leaders coordinate from behind lines usually!

So for the battles, I would put forward myself or Sir Knight over there. Otherwise, Evan or you, actually. A reluctant leader is sometimes the best."

And with that he smiles. He has said his piece. He will not press the point anymore.

shugyosha
2012-10-23, 06:23 PM
Levin

"Stop this prattle. Go scout. Once we have more information then we can all decide on what our next course of action should be. The one with the best idea on how to proceed should be the leader."

Ophiuchus
2012-10-23, 10:50 PM
Acrasia (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=405161)

"I am, of course, pleased to know I've stretched the range of opinions already! Now if we've no other competent scout; I shall accompany Sir Slayer."

She pauses to consider the drake, "Hmmm...

Casts Detect Magic (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/d/detect-magic)

Crazyfailure13
2012-10-24, 03:28 AM
O

Having been following along "So one of you would like to kill everyone, the other avoid all enemies? How about we do something similiar to both, their close to the base of this mountain right? why don't we try to cause rocks to fall on them, bet it'll be funny to, seeing as you don't want to say hello. And that way anny survivors will think it's just bad luck, and we get to kill some."

Erasmas
2012-10-24, 09:54 AM
"Gladly."

Kainan hops down off of the boulder he know stood on and began to pick his way towards the fortress, trying to stay as hidden as possible among the rocks. As he approached the walls, he would stop some distance off, looking for a place to hide and observe. In particular, Shadowslayer was looking at the presence of and the timing rotations of the guards.


Hide: [roll0]
Move Silently: [roll1]

Gamer Girl
2012-10-24, 12:00 PM
Acrasia

The drake glows with strong conjuration/summoning magic.

ProudGrognard
2012-10-25, 12:51 AM
Did Acrasia go with Shadowslayer after all? And the matter of decision making remained undecided

Averis

Averis makes himself comfortable, crossbow in hand, waiting for Shadowslayer to come back. He keeps a watchful eye (and ear) in his surroundings, but he takes to watching his companions and getting to know them better.

"So, Sir knight. We did not have a chance to meet formally. I am Averis Peronus. It seems that you dislike prattle. How do you propose we proceed?"

only1doug
2012-10-25, 04:31 AM
Evan

Shutting his mouth firmly, Evan makes a motion as if fastening a button through his lips.

He looks expectantly at the knight.

Crazyfailure13
2012-10-25, 05:05 AM
O begins a search for a large rock to roll at the gnolls

ProudGrognard
2012-10-25, 05:33 AM
Averis

Averis sees what O tries to do and a look of surprise spreads to his face. Puzzled, he says

"I am sorry, my hairy, non smelly friend, but what are you trying to do? We have decided to leave the gnolls at peace. Do you really want to give away our secure base just to annoy a bunch of gnolls? And at a time that one of our party members is missing? What happens if he tries to get back and finds himself faces with a band of gnolls hell bent on destruction? We will have blood aplenty in a few hours. If you are bored, there are other things to do."

Ophiuchus
2012-10-25, 06:38 AM
Acrasia (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=405161)

"Well I suppose that was to be expected...

What!?! Is the sneak-thief off already?"

With that, she intones some more strange chants and quickly fades from sight.

Casts invisibility (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/i/invisibility).

Acrasia will move in Shadow's direction.
Stealth:[roll0]
Perception:[roll1]

shugyosha
2012-10-25, 10:45 AM
Levin

"I am Levin, a champion of Sarenrae. I'd like to think of myself as a man of action. I have led many in to battle. Most of my skills are left to the battlefield," he answers Averis then asks, "What of you?"

Erasmas
2012-10-25, 11:17 AM
Acrasia would find Shadowslayer roughly a hundred yards or so from the walls of Noviarn-Pazarluk, tucked away in an outcropping of rocks. The thief was near motionless, having arranged himself into a fairly comfortable position. It was clear that he was watching the tops of the walls in particular.

ProudGrognard
2012-10-25, 12:37 PM
Averis

" It seems that we are colleagues after all!" Averis says with his characteristic smirk. "Though myself I have rarely led people into battle. It would be more of ...forcibly cajole? But I have seen my share of battlefields. And there lie most of my skills too. Though I can be a fair negotiator if I must, especially if my pay is on the line. I bet however that you are better a shot than me. I haven't practices in years. Lazy. Perhaps I should take it up again"

Gamer Girl
2012-10-25, 08:19 PM
The fortress is full of activity and noise as folks move about. While everyone is armed and almost everyone is in armor, it's not quite clear if anyone is a guard. The activity is just too chaotic.


A goblin female in short gray furs slowly makes her way along, more or less right towards Shadowslayer . She pauses every couple of steps to look through a pair of glasses that are tied onto the side of her spear. A gray wolf walks along with her, keeping right at her heel.

shugyosha
2012-10-25, 08:55 PM
Levin

Looking at the others he asks, "What about you all?"

Ophiuchus
2012-10-25, 11:12 PM
Acrasia (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=405161)

To Shadowslayer "The girl might serve us nicely! I plan to take her alive.

Yet, I wonder what she could be doing..."

Casts Detect Magic (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/d/detect-magic)

Sense Motive: [roll0]

Crazyfailure13
2012-10-26, 12:27 AM
O looks up "We Did? I could have sworn the arguements were still going, but if you've all decided. Anything you require of me?" As he hears Levin's question "I'm a fair talker, and I'm quite good for battle, I've caused peace in a few fights with my clan before."

ProudGrognard
2012-10-26, 01:11 AM
Averis

"Well then, we did, O. But never you mind, I believe we will have an explosion of activity in just a few hours.

So it seems that we will be the ones getting our hands bloody, literally. So, as we wait for our shadowy companion - and I must say, I have a bad feeling about this-, would you mind discussing strategy? For example, as I see it, me and O can form a line that would cover 25 feet. My bardiche can reach far. But if someone gets through , and they will, can we count on you Levin to stop him? Or you would rather be in the front line?

And by the way, how long should we wait before starting to get worried about Shadow?"

As he talks, Averis tries to see if anything is happening at the fort, any signs of battle around it.

Perception [roll0]

only1doug
2012-10-26, 03:32 AM
Evan

Evan makes a motion at his mouth, as if unbuttoning his lip.

"you would have me speak again? As I have already said, I am Evan."

"I can heal my allies or Burn my Enemies as guided by the Healing Flame, the Dawnflower is my primary allegiance and it is her Holy power that fills me but I am no cleric sworn to the goals of the church."

"I have no great skill with melee or ranged weapons although I can use them if required. My greatest skill is with words but you have probably heard too many from me already, I know quite a lot about religion, history and the planes of existance."

Gamer Girl
2012-10-26, 05:41 AM
Acrasia
The female goblins glasses glow with slight divination magic
Her spear glows with slight evocation magic
And her eyes glow with slight divination magic

Gamer Girl
2012-10-26, 05:43 AM
Averis
You don't detect any signs of battle from the fortress, but it's far from a quiet, orderly place.

Ophiuchus
2012-10-26, 08:07 AM
Acrasia (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=405161)

"Alack! Be on your guard! She is better fitted than I would have expected. I suspect she may even be able to see me!"

shugyosha
2012-10-26, 10:14 AM
Levin

Levin nods at the introductions and then says, "I'll stand on guard for our scouts."

Erasmas
2012-10-26, 10:27 AM
Kainan started when the sorceress spoke, not having seen her approach. The thief had also seen the female goblin, and had very slowly removed his bow and nocked an arrow.

"Please do not give away my position. If you think that she can see you, move away and try and get between her and whatever gate she may have come from. If this turns dire, attacking her from two directions will benefit us better... especially if I am allowed to retain the element of surprise."

Gamer Girl
2012-10-26, 11:26 PM
The female goblin looks down at a small bush. Then she kneels down and brushes the dirt with her free hand. The wolf carefully stands by her and watches the area around her.

Ophiuchus
2012-10-27, 05:33 PM
Acrasia (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=405161)

"Placing my back to potential reinforcements is of no benefit to me. If anything; I intend to draw her further from her allies..."

With that, she begins to circle the goblin away from the gate; gradually approaching to close within 35ft.


Stealth:[roll0]

Gamer Girl
2012-10-27, 09:26 PM
The alert wolf keeps watch on the area around the female goblin:


Perception[roll0]


Though the wolf does not seem to react to Acrasia approach in any way, and simply continues to look, listen and sniff around in all directions.


The female goblin meanwhile digs a small bit of fungus out of the ground and places it in a small fur pouch she pulls from her belt.

only1doug
2012-10-28, 02:50 AM
Evan

"So, O, i haven't met any catfolk before, what language do your people speak? are you allowed to teach it to outsiders? Would you be willing to teach it to me? Do you know any other languages?"

Crazyfailure13
2012-10-28, 03:50 AM
O looks at evan "I don't see why you couldn't, but It's very animalisitic in nature, and the language itself naturally come to my people, and while you could possibly figure out the language quickly enough, the body language and traditions of my people, along with the different dialects, cause even the most studious of people to take years to learn the full aspects of it." He bats the stone with his paws, and then speaks again in catfolk "I went through many years to learn proper Catfolk."

Erasmas
2012-10-28, 12:33 PM
Kainan remained in his impromptu 'outpost', training his bow at the two targets. He kept watch on both the goblin and the wolf with his arrow nocked, but not yet drawn.

only1doug
2012-10-28, 03:17 PM
Evan

"So, what is the meaning of this phrase"
Evan attempts to repeat O's words
"I went through many years to learn proper Catfolk."

Linguistics check for pronunciation [roll0]

ProudGrognard
2012-10-28, 05:29 PM
Averis

Averis had been scanning the horizon, crossbow in hand, waiting anxiously for the scout and the sorcerer to return. His mind was going over possible outcomes when he heard strange sounds behind him, like a gnome being chocked with a live cat. Startled, he turned and saw his gnomish companion miaowing to O. Puzzlement crossed his face before breaking out in silent laughter.

"By Sarenrae 's flaming bedsheets, are you talking, singing or being attacked by invisible stranglers?"

He continues to laugh for a bit.

Ophiuchus
2012-10-28, 05:58 PM
Acrasia (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=405161)

Acrasia remains in her spot, making slow gesticulations.
Casting silenced Summon Monster I (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/s/summon-monster).

Fiendish Eagle, appearing near the wolf.

Gamer Girl
2012-10-28, 10:32 PM
Evan

You get your pronunciation correct.

Gamer Girl
2012-10-28, 10:41 PM
The wolf easily spots the Fiendish Eagle and lets out a sharp bark and a low growl. The female goblin quickly looks up and over at the wolf and follows the direction it points right at the Fiendish Eagle. The female goblin lowers the tip of her spear towards the Fiendish Eagle, but does not seem to take much action.

shugyosha
2012-10-29, 10:36 AM
Levin

The paladin stands vigilant waiting for the scouts return.

Erasmas
2012-10-29, 02:49 PM
"By the nine hells..."

Kainan sighed to himself as he drew back his bowstring, lightly touching the fletchings to his cheek and closing his left eye. His right remained open, drawing an invisible line down the length of the arrow and continuing it through the empty space between him and his targets. He compensated for wind and distance, the string held firmly in the first crux of his index, middle, and ring fingers. The thief then slowed his breathing, taking longer, deeper breaths. And then he waited, despite his heart beat beginning to race in anticipation with what was surely to come next.

Ophiuchus
2012-10-29, 05:21 PM
Acrasia (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=405161)

Acrasia makes some more hand gestures, accompanied by a low incantation.

Casts Charm Person (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/spells/charmPerson.html) on the goblin, DC:17

She suddenly appears before the unsuspecting duo. "Be careful, small one! Take no chances against that infernal avian! There is more danger here than you yet realize!"

Diplomacy:[roll0]
and if Bluff if needed:[roll1]

Gamer Girl
2012-10-29, 08:06 PM
Will Save[roll0]


Acrasia
You sense your charm spell effect the goblin's mind.

The female goblins eyes glaze over a bit and she blinks several times. The wolf keeps it's eyes trained directly on the fiendish hawk.

As Acrasia suddenly appears the female goblin looks quite confused and points her spear around at random. "Danger? Where? What?" she asks Acrasia in common, and is careful not to point her spear towards her at all.

Ophiuchus
2012-10-29, 09:49 PM
Acrasia (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=405161)

Acrasia struggles to resist a smug grin as she observes her spell's effect. She points an imposing finger at the fiendish eagle, "Back to the Nine Hells with you, devil-bird!"
Dismiss Summon Monster I (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/s/summon-monster).

"Come, there are still wicked forces about. What were you doing out here in the first place?"

Gamer Girl
2012-10-29, 10:23 PM
The female goblin watches as the fiendish hawk fades away. The wolf also watches and stops growling.

"Wicked forces? What forces? I'm just out looking for cooking ingredients. I'm safe enough, the patrols form the fortress go out for many steps.I won't go that far. And I have Grumtooth to protect me too."

Ophiuchus
2012-10-30, 12:17 AM
Acrasia (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=405161)

"The patrols offer no protection. Merely a few hundred feet away, a small army of hyena-men sit, ready to batter your walls."

Gamer Girl
2012-10-30, 09:27 AM
The female goblin "Hyena? Oh, the gnolls? That would just be Gersnock's patrol. They should be around here somewhere close by. They are from the fortress. Tribe Ver'nock controls this part of the southern martches, and they have lots of gnolls. Gnolls like to go on patrol as it gives them a chance to hunt. They won't hurt me. I have nothing to fear from them."

Erasmas
2012-10-30, 10:39 AM
Shadowslayer relaxed his arms, keeping the arrow nocked but no longer trained upon the two targets. He snickered to himself.

"I'll be a son of a whore..."

The thief continued to hide and wait. He preferred to watch things develop with a little bit of discretion and distance between himself and the situation.

Crazyfailure13
2012-10-30, 11:42 AM
O looks on to questioning of his speech "It means that "this is going to be a long journey" I was talking to my self. If you want your first lesson, here." then he speaks in catfolk "I'm taught catfolk by a tricky cat." then in common "You should speak that phrase if you encounter catfolk in any land, It means "I'm a friend, and mean you no harm."

only1doug
2012-10-30, 01:26 PM
Evan



Attempting to repeat the pronounciation of the phrase, "I'm taught catfolk by a tricky cat."


Linguistics for pronounciation [roll0]

"I'm a friend, and mean you no harm, got it."

"I went through many years to learn proper Catfolk." " this is going to be a long journey, got it."

Ophiuchus
2012-10-30, 06:40 PM
Acrasia (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=405161)

"Gnolls? Gersnock? Hmmm...what nature of threats are they normally on patrol for? They certainly were unable to detect me. One can only imagine what else has slipped past their guard in this hillside. Have you no means of observing the unseen?"

Gamer Girl
2012-10-30, 11:00 PM
Female goblin "Oh, they patrol for everything. Anything, really. Everyone wants the fortress. Everyone is at war. And you never know the giants might always return. Or a dwarf army, that happens. But see the unseen? Well gnolls got good noses and can smell you even if they don't see you. Wolfs too. And goblins of Wogar. But you? Your not a threat, are you?

shugyosha
2012-10-30, 11:15 PM
Levin

The paladin continues his vigil


[roll0] perception

Erasmas
2012-10-31, 10:55 AM
Kainan grew uneasy in the lengthy pause. This is taking much too long, he thought in his head as he now shifted his gaze towards the parapets of the walls. If the sorceress stayed out in the open much longer, she was surely to be spotted by a sentry... and then the scouting would be all for naught.

Gamer Girl
2012-10-31, 12:19 PM
Lazily gliding just barley ten feet off the ground, a three feet tall with short ugly frail humanoid covered with mottled yellow scales and with leathery, bat like wings that span eight feet across comes into view. Gliding almost right over Acrasia and the female goblin.

Kainan
The DC to see the gliding humanoid for you is 10, so it's safe to say you'd spot it. And you'd get a 'surprise' action on the flying humanoid as it does not notice you, if you wish to take one.

Erasmas
2012-10-31, 02:49 PM
"What in the... damn."

Kainan retrains his bow at the flying creature that had appeared, seemingly out of nowhere. He drew back with his arrow, once more, and continued to hold his aim... waiting to see what developed with this new arrival.


I would like to ready an action, please. If the flying thing makes a hostile-looking move towards Acrasia, I would like to loose my arrow.

Gamer Girl
2012-10-31, 07:35 PM
The short ugly frail winged humanoid flaps it's wings to turn in a small circle in the air above Acrasia and the female goblin. Then it lets loose a slight ''reeeep!'' like sound and quickly flies northward towards the fortress.

Both the female goblin and the wolf look up.....

only1doug
2012-11-01, 10:29 AM
Evan

"So O, what is the Catfolk phrase for 'Heal me please', that might be useful to know"

Crazyfailure13
2012-11-01, 11:08 AM
O repeats the phrase in catfolk, then in common "How would that be useful though? I'm not a healer, and we don't have other catfolk speaking people."

only1doug
2012-11-01, 11:38 AM
Evan

"Well, if you wanted healing it could be useful, as I am a healer and you never know if there might be some reason not to speak in common."

Linguistics for pronounciation [roll0]"Heal me please", "Heal me please"

"I'm taught catfolk by a tricky cat." "I'm a friend, and mean you no harm."

"I went through many years to learn proper Catfolk." " this is going to be a long journey."


Repeating the phrases to himself over and over Evan looks up at O,"I love Languages, I'm allways trying to learning more of them and it can only help those I travel with."

Erasmas
2012-11-01, 12:01 PM
"Sh!t. Well this has just gone from better to great."

Shadowslayer brings Eye of Night back down, ignoring the flying creature, and exhales sharply and waits for a moment to be-still his body. Once again, he squints his off-eye against any unwanted stimulus and trains the tip of his arrow now in the direction of the wolf, just behind its front leg, where the beast's heart should be. In the next instant, the twang of the bowstring fwaps against his bracer and the projectile cuts through the air with lightning speed.


Attacking the wolf!
[roll0] (I am going to feel like such an @$$ when I miss, now!)
[roll1] (Damage, if I do hit.)
[roll2] (Just on the off chance that Sneak Attack figures in.)

Crazyfailure13
2012-11-01, 12:47 PM
O thinks about the idea of not being able to speak "Well in the case of preparation, how we give codewords, that way if we ever need to make sure that we are ourselves, we ask the other to repeat the words. once I had a shapeshifter get into my tribe, horrible incident. here my codeword is..." then in catfolk "Rouyte"

Ophiuchus
2012-11-01, 09:28 PM
Acrasia (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=405161)

"I warned you there was danger afoot! This fiend has called his minions upon us!"

She makes a quick chant and a forceful gesture at the fleeing avian.


Bluff:[roll0]
Casts Glitterdust (https://sites.google.com/site/pathfinderogc/magic/all-spells/g/glitterdust).

Gamer Girl
2012-11-02, 08:47 PM
The arrow files swiftly through the air to impact with a solid thud into the hide of the wolf. With a whimper, the wolf stumbles on it's paws and collapses in the dirt.

"By the Great Wolf! No!" Screams the female goblin as she drops to her knees next to the wolf. She quickly starts to chant and touches the arrow with her free hand.

Gamer Girl
2012-11-02, 08:52 PM
A cloud of golden particles forms in the sky around the flying bat winged humanoid.

[roll0]


As the golden particles form, the creature flaps it's wings hard upward in a sharp climb. And while the particles cover it's body, the humanoid flies in a straight line, it's vision unaffected.


The female goblin ends her chant and pulls the arrow out of the hide of the wolf and the wound does not seem to bleed anymore, though the wolf does not move. She looks up into the sky. "What are you doing? That is just an urd, probably one of the Kobby Klutch. They live in the fortress, the two top towers on the end is their roost."

Erasmas
2012-11-05, 11:33 AM
Kainan, unable to hear any of the conversation that was taking place, loaded another arrow and trained on the fleeing beast with flight. He steadied himself once more... it's a tricky shot, Kainan - make it count... and loosed another black arrow, trying to hit the creature before it would be able to betray their presence.


Kainan's Attack:
[roll0] (To hit.)
[roll1] (Damage, if I do hit. Forgot my +1 last time!)
[roll2] (Just on the off chance that Sneak Attack figures in again.)

Ophiuchus
2012-11-05, 07:38 PM
Acrasia (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=405161)

She casts a scowl in the direction of the next arrow to fly by; which quickly shifts to an open mouthed grin.

She makes some more utterances and gesticulations.

Casts Silent Image (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/s/silent-image)
DC17

Just then cloud of golden particles appears several yards from Shadow's hiding spot; from it emerges another "urd" creature grasping a shortbow and glowing with the particles. It takes flight, gliding down the hill.

She turns back to the goblin, "What say you now?"

shugyosha
2012-11-05, 10:46 PM
Levin

Continues his vigil, perhaps he might hear the conflict the others are engaged in.


[roll0] perception

Gamer Girl
2012-11-05, 11:51 PM
Levin

You do hear the high pitched scream of a female in the distance....

Gamer Girl
2012-11-05, 11:56 PM
Kainans arrow flies in an arc, hitting the urd square in the back. With only a slight ''yelp'' it's wings fold up and it plunges head first into the rocky ground. hitting the ground with a solid thud, it does not move again.

Gamer Girl
2012-11-06, 12:27 AM
The female goblin looks around very confused.

[roll0]


"I don't know what's going on! Someone must be out to get me! I'll need to get back to my tribe. Can you cover for me and make a distraction?

ProudGrognard
2012-11-06, 01:53 AM
Gamer Girl, in the OOC I had made a Perception roll for the exact same reason as shugyosha.

Ophiuchus
2012-11-06, 08:54 AM
Acrasia (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=405161)

"Your tribe might yet have traitors among them! No, it would be best to come with me. I will keep you safe."

Bluff:[roll0]

Erasmas
2012-11-06, 10:53 AM
Shadowslayer sighed in relief, but nocked another arrow just in case. He had been burned for not playing it safe before... and he certainly wasn't about to let it happen again, not now at least. He waited to draw back the black missile, however, thumbing the fletchings mindlessly instead as he watched Acrasia's further interactions with the goblin.

shugyosha
2012-11-06, 02:43 PM
Levin

Turning to the others he says, "I heard someone scream, let's go!"

With or without the others he rushes off in the direction he heard the scream.

Crazyfailure13
2012-11-06, 02:56 PM
O follows along "Ok, what if the scream wasn't one of ours?"

shugyosha
2012-11-06, 02:57 PM
Levin

"And what if it was?"

ProudGrognard
2012-11-06, 03:08 PM
Averis

Is there a reason why I don't get a response?

Averis sits up as suddenly half his companions spring into action, with a bewildered expression on his face. "Hey, where is everybody going? We send out scouts for that reason! And why are we splitting the company? What if we blow their cover by blundering in? Levin, for the love of Iomedea 's scabbard, think before you go on! You don't even know where they are! You could walk into an ambush!"

Gamer Girl
2012-11-06, 03:28 PM
Female goblin looks at Acrasia and scratches her chin.

[roll0]



Nods her head at Acrasia "Yes, it might be better for me to come with you for now...until I can figure out what is going on."

Gamer Girl
2012-11-06, 03:33 PM
Averis

The response, both of them, are in the OOC thread. As I said it's better to do in game actions, like skill checks here in the IC thread in spoilers. Save the OOC thread for 'out of game' stuff.

ProudGrognard
2012-11-07, 01:17 AM
As Averis speaks to the others, he sees the large cloud forming in the air. He knows it is not anything natural and he points it to the fleeing Levin.

"Levin, look! This is probably magic. Either there are two spellslingers in the woods or Acrasia has something to do with the screams. If you are determined to go, go there. But consider the situation and don't march blindly in. I will stay here to guard the rest and be your reserve. If anything happens, .... I don't know, fire a burning arrow or something. I will come"

With that, Averis sits even better for guard, with his eyes on the place the cries and the cloud seem to be coming from.

only1doug
2012-11-07, 08:08 AM
Evan

"it seems our language lesson is over for now, let us hope that it was not our scouts screaming in pain and that the Gnolls have not also heard the yells"

Evan is waiting patiently next to Averis, ready to heal or burn those who find their way into the camp.

Crazyfailure13
2012-11-07, 01:16 PM
O will stick with Evan and Averis, "shouldn't leave these two alone."

Ophiuchus
2012-11-07, 10:37 PM
Acrasia (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=405161)

"Splendid! Let us move. We must try to remain hidden."
With that, she pulls a roll of paper from her haversack, reads whatever is on it, and suddenly shrinks to half of her original height.
Uses scroll of Reduce Person (https://sites.google.com/site/pathfinderogc/magic/all-spells/r/reduce-person).
Acrasia will lead her in the direction of the base; stopping just before it becomes visible.
Stealth:[roll0]

Erasmas
2012-11-08, 12:15 PM
Kainan rolled his eyes and sighed from relief. He stayed where he was hiding, allowing the goblin and the now-shrunken sorceress to pass him by some ways before trailing them back to the encampment.


Hide: [roll0]
Move Silently: [roll1]

Gamer Girl
2012-11-08, 10:02 PM
The female goblin lets out a slight yelp when Acrasia shrinks. But then she just shakes her head and follows her along.

Gamer Girl
2012-11-13, 10:22 AM
A half sized Acrasia, followed by a female goblin in furs with a spear come around some rocks towards where most of the rest of the group is moving towards the various heard noises.

ProudGrognard
2012-11-13, 10:52 AM
Averis

Averis was on watch, anxiously watching for what has happened. He sees Acrasia and her new found friend as they approach and he let's out a silent curse. For the life of him, he could not fathom what happened. But noone seems pressed so he just let 's things be, until he has an explanation. He thinks of several clever remarks, but decides to swallow them for the time being.

Erasmas
2012-11-13, 02:14 PM
Kainan shadows the returning sorceress and her goblin traveling companion, deciding to stay out of the camp just for now. If he could, he watch catch the eye of Averis and place his finger to his lips, attempting to make it obvious that he was intent on staying hidden.


Not sure if it needs it or not, but just in case...
Innuendo - [roll0]

Hmm... Innuendo is no longer a skill in 3.5, I see. Not sure what the equivalent is, so using straight Charisma!

EDIT: I. Am. Awesome. at that.
LOL

shugyosha
2012-11-13, 02:35 PM
Levin

OOC: I'm guessing he didn't get too far then.

Levin has an arrow ready when he catches Averis. He raises an eyebrow at the goblin woman. Lowering his weapon he asks, "Who's this and what happened?"

ProudGrognard
2012-11-13, 04:52 PM
Averis

Averis sees Shadowslayer trying to tell him something, but he is not sure what. Still, the situation does not seem threatening in any way. When Levin asks, he just shrugs, a bit bewildered.

GoddessSune
2012-12-02, 04:40 PM
Thunder rolls across the sky....

shugyosha
2012-12-03, 11:45 PM
Levin

Repeating himself he asks, "Who's this?" This time directing his question at Acrasia.

GoddessSune
2012-12-10, 09:15 PM
The female goblin stands back quietly and watches the group. She slowly looks at each person through the pair of glasses she has tied to the shaft of her spear.

ProudGrognard
2012-12-11, 03:51 AM
Averis

Averis waits for someone to explain what happened.

shugyosha
2012-12-11, 11:08 AM
Levin

Deciding that nothing was going to come from his companion he decides to ask directly to the goblin, "Who are you and what are you doing here?"

GoddessSune
2012-12-26, 02:39 PM
"I'm Boleslava of no clan, WolfWalker of Sakaya. I was just out gathering roots...." says the female goblin.

shugyosha
2013-01-03, 11:06 AM
Levin

"so what do you know about that castle?" he asks and then looks to see who else is around.

only1doug
2013-01-03, 04:08 PM
Evan approaches quietly, listening in to hear the goblins response.