PDA

View Full Version : Tricastle: World at War



gunnar11
2012-10-02, 12:11 PM
Cyenal, City of Wonders
You're walking through the enormous human city of Cyenal, known for it's flourishing economy. Most of the workers here have established traderoutes, monopolies on certain products, and are even inventing new riches to use and/or exploit. The city truly is astonishing, and suprisingly clean!

Last night was quite rough. Even though you don't pass cities, being adventurers and all, you decided to make a stop in Cyenal after hearing the annual Pelor festivities were here. Some of you of course didn't want to, but when it comes to Pelor, Althia will go to the end of the world to get there, so obviously you got dragged along.
At this point, there being booze and other mind-affecting things (magic for example), you just decide to give in and have yourself a party.

Pelor's annual feast is one of the few national holidays, and thus always a day to be drinking with your fellow humanoids.


You're now a bit sore, maybe a bit tired even, and you're getting a last look at the city, with it's market, it's cute little cathedral and other temples. Maybe pass by the but-

Exploding Fireball! [roll0]

Half-damage for everyone who made the reflex DC 20
Evasion, etc still counts of course
Althia rolled 19, (+5 modifier) and thus didn't make it.


A huge dragon appears roaring high above the sky. Moments later he wraps his claws in and around the Wizard's Tower, his jaws taking chunks out of it on every bite.

What yesterday seemed like the most thriving city of all is now filled with dead burning corpses and debris!







Here's the OOC (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13990480)

qwertyu63
2012-10-02, 12:22 PM
"What's going on?" Engald shouts, before spotting the dragon. "Huh, what is that doing here?" He starts scanning for weaknesses.

Knowledge Devotion:
Spending 1 Inspiration for Cunning Knowledge.
Knowledge (Arcana):[roll0]
EDIT: That means I get +4 to hit and damage on dragon-type creatures for this fight.
NOTE: Breakdown on that +20: 9 ranks, +5 int, +6 from CK

Lexin
2012-10-02, 01:19 PM
"Eating the tower, dummy. Can't you see that?"
Says Alyssa trying to wipe the dirt and remains of people standing beside her from her clothes.

A bit later she takes out the hamster from her bag to see if it is alright.
"See, Cheese? I told you the dimension baggie is the best place to sleep! ... though I need to buy a bigger one for me..."
She puts hamster back to the bag and looks around...
"So... what are we doing now? Fireworks went bad, but something smells yummy, any suggestions, Shiny?" She directs the last question to Althia.


How far is the dragon?

Did you roll for beating SR (17) with the spell? Or does it auto-pass?

Azoth
2012-10-06, 04:17 PM
Mopsus looks to the beast and groans as he is patting out the few smouldering pieces of his cloak. "In my day dragons had respect enough not to crash parties and roast the guests...what are these creatures coming to? They really should be taught some manners...but...uh...perhaps by someone with a better back. Wonder if he wants money...or perhaps...there is a pretty woman up there...

Knowledge Arcana: [roll0]

So +5 to hit/damage against the dragon for this combat.

INoKnowNames
2012-10-09, 04:04 PM
Recoiling for just a moment, it takes Althia a moment to realize what just transpired. "By the gods..." is all that comes to her lips in a whispered breath.

After a moment, Althia shakes off the initial wave of shock and horror. "Come on. We can’t just leave things like this! We have to do -something-!" she responds to her companions, and begins to look around for anyone else that might have survived the blast.

Spot Check: [roll0]
Listen Check: [roll1]

Should no one else be found that can be helped, Althia should be headed immediately for the Wizard's Tower.

gunnar11
2012-10-09, 04:18 PM
Althia looks around to see if there are any survivors. On the marketplace are a lot of burning stands, but the people that were to be found here every other day certainly aren't. Everyone in the vicinity of the market has been obliterated, and the flames are spreading to other houses now.
From afar you can see and hear people coming towards the plaza, and some wizards and clerics are already containing the fire. No one is dealing with the dragon, weirdly enough.

Althia heals the 3 non-commoners who actually survived the blast, and begins moving to the Tower. Meanwhile, Mopsus is wondering what the dragon would like from the Tower. A beautiful maden perhaps?
Somehow he and Engald know this is weird behaviour for a dragon. Why would he come to a city full of- you take a moment to swallow, as to prevent throwing up - humans if he could've stayed in his cavern?

Cheese doesn't seem at ease

Azoth
2012-10-09, 09:41 PM
Mopsus graons a bit as he sees others moving into action. Such is the rashness of youth... He shakes the last bit of soot from himself before he lets his wings unfurl and beging to flap. He mutters to himself, "Guess I have ta do something..."

He takes to the sky and calls out to those below him in a booming voice, as he flies towards the castle,Come now...common folk can handle a fire fine. Those of us with magic in us should see to the castle! It'll be easier to distract that beast than kill it. Why I remember back in the day these overgrown lizards behaved properly. They didn't come bothering decent folk, and they knew better than ta crash a party...why they used ta...wait a minute...was that dragons or draggones...or maybe drakes...AH, by the lights of the infinite heavens it doesn't matter right now...point is Mages and Clerics falla me!"

qwertyu63
2012-10-10, 07:36 AM
Engald says "I'm with you!" before tailing Mopsus.

Lexin
2012-10-10, 07:41 AM
Alyssa spreads her wings and joins Mopsus in the air.

"Gonna meet a dwagon! Gonna meet a dwagon!"

gunnar11
2012-10-17, 03:12 PM
While two humanoids take control of a divine element and fly high up in the air, two, Engald and Althia run towards the dragon. You close in on him, and Althia tries to reason with him.

He couldn't care less.

You soon detect that there's something wrong about this dragon. His tail is twitching uncontrollably, and his eyes don't seem focused at all. It's as if he isn't himself, but someone else.
The dragons, however, keeps digging into the tower, trying to find something, something pretty valuable.

HELP!! sounds from within the castle, while a furious sea of flames engulfs it. There's someone in there, but maybe not for long anymore...

Azoth
2012-10-18, 02:24 AM
Mopsus groans to himself loudly when the dragon doesn't respond. Ok boys and girls! Something is wrong with the beast! Let's try and immobilize it long enough to clear out the castle. If you can avoid taking it head on that is best, no sense in getting ourselves killed.


Initiative: [roll0]

Lexin
2012-10-18, 04:01 AM
"A dwagon! A dwagon! Gonna breathe fire on the dwagon! ... or Ice? Hmm... we will see! He shouldn't move much after that!"


Initiative [roll0]

INoKnowNames
2012-10-18, 10:40 AM
"I wonder what's wrong with it..." Althia absent mindedly wonders. "Maybe it's confused? Or even worse, possessed... but who would attack a dragon, let alone direct it to assault this place?"

Her musing is cut off by the sounds of action taking place around her, and the words of her allies above. "Leave it to me! Just be careful up there!" she responds to Mopsus with a smile, and enters the base of the tower, searching for the source of the cries of help, as well as anyone else in need.

Non Magical Fire does 1d6 fire damage per turn. Althia has fire resistance 10.

Spot Check for the person screaming, as well as anyone else or anything else that might catch someone's eye:[roll0]

Same for a Listen Check:[roll1]

*I messed up my search check...*

qwertyu63
2012-10-18, 05:19 PM
Engald says "I've got your back." before following Althia, also scanning around.

Initiative:1d20+
Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]
Search (without using inspiration): [roll2]

gunnar11
2012-10-20, 09:28 AM
The dragon shakes his head furiously. It reminds you a bit of people trying to get water out of their ear. The dragon, however, seems to regain his composure and starts searching again.

On the other side of the wall, Althia and Engald find the person that called for help. An old man, standing in the middle of a spellcircle, burnmarks all over his body. Kekekee, The dance must go on, MUST GO ON! he screams. In his left hand you notice a letter, or a scroll of some sort.

A fiery blast comes in once again. The man burns a little more, the skin on him on some places already black.
The fire will teach the world about waters closing the future!
Ok, is he just rambling now?

The dragon inhales deeply.

Azoth
2012-10-20, 10:19 PM
Mopsus hovers in places as he begins to cast. His gnarled hands extend outward and the castle wall under the dragon's claws begins to ice over. He gives a call out to those below, Look out Below! Incoming heavy load! See if you can't pin it down for a few, we got people inside!


Standard Action: Cast Ice Slick under the dragon. 20'x20' section of the wall is coated in ice. DC 18 reflex save for him not to fall off and land on the ground prone taking appropriate falling damage.

Lexin
2012-10-21, 06:56 AM
"Yay! Falling Dwagon! Eat this!"

Alyssa flies in a crazy curve and suddenly stops mid-air, just to plunge down, breathing a cone of acid at the falling dragon. The acid sticks to the skin and makes it hard to move.

While diving through the air she also tries to mimic the roar of the dragon...


Entangling exhalation (acid) [roll0] dc 16 reflex for half.
If even 1 point of damage is dealt, the dragon is entangled for [roll1] rounds and suffer 1d6 damage each round.
[roll2] if needed

qwertyu63
2012-10-21, 09:00 AM
Engald reaches in and picks the man up, pulling him somewhere slightly safer.

Reflex to avoid fire: [roll0]
In the unlikely event I did catch aflame, fire damage: [roll1]
Grapple check, if the man resists: [roll2]

INoKnowNames
2012-10-25, 08:32 AM
"So odd..." Althia whispers to Engald. "He was calling for help before, yet now he seems to be ignoring the peril he's in." She glances over the spellcircle, and takes a second to consider what significance it, and the man's strange words, might hold.

As Engald attempts to move the man to safety, she brandishes the holy symbol hanging over her chest, and presents it to the man's burnt flesh. "Pardon me, but what do you mean, good sir?" she tries to ask him of his words, knowing that he might not have much more time to speak them.

First, a few checks for knowledge of the Spell Circle, and maybe his words if I'm lucky.
Spellcraft: [roll0]
Know-Arcana: [roll1]
Know-Religion: [roll2]
Know-History: [roll3]
And Lore, just to be safe: [roll4]

Next, sacrificing 1 Create Food and Water Spell to Spontaneously cast Cure Serious Wounds.
[roll5]

Finally, Diplomacy to see if the man might forge order from his chaos, so to speak. [roll6]

And as a bonus, just for the heck of it.
Spot:[roll7]
Listen:[roll8]
Search:[roll9]

Your choice if I get to use them or not. But they certainly couldn't hurt.

Also, would a Globe of Invunerability be any use against Non-Magical Fire, or Supernatural Abilities? I'd very much appreciate being able to be useful by shielding these two if so. It can be activated as a free action...

gunnar11
2012-10-26, 06:03 AM
As soon as the tower is covered in ice, the dragon loses his grip and starts to fall. You hear a screeching noise while his claws try to grab himself onto it back up, with no success. The dragon, however, is no lizard, and as such he spreads his wings to catch his fall. At that moment, a child-like voice calls out: "WRAAARWW!!". Acid hits him, and his skin begins to burn.
The dragon is truly infuriated right now, but while still being entangled, he can do nothing else than try to liberate himself.

Mopsus and Alyssa watch the events in the tower unfold:
Engald rushes in to take the man out of his spell circle, but by doing so he realizes he can't leave it anymore! It's like an invisible wall is surrounding the circle, and now he himself as well as the man are trapped!
Althia, while trying to heal the man, feels a force blocking her healing. It's just like you try to swim up against the stream in a river full of rapids. That's how the spell 'moved'.

Her knowledge of the magic arts, though, could tell her in the blink of an eye that this circle was no ordinary circle. It was a combined ritual, a bound teleportation circle.

Althia

A bound teleportation circle is a circle with a twofold effect:
1 it binds you to the place it's written.
2 you will be teleported from there to another place
These rituals are mostly used when trying to banish evil excistances from your place. When you don't have enough power to planar-banish them, or they already come from your plane, you can use this spellcircle to send them to another country, continent or planet (assuming you've got the power to do so)


Althia still feels the strong duty to protect her teammates, and as such she casts a Sphere around them.

Azoth
2012-10-26, 01:25 PM
Mopsus sees his new ally stuck in the room and groans. He shouts C'mon laddy, this ain't no time to be miming for supper! There is a pissed off 10 ton lizard out here looking to have us for supper...an not in a good way. If ya donna mind Get yer rear in gear!

Mopsus then groans as he invokes powers from his diety. Then the old codger does something stupid by any means. He seems to blur toward the dragon before attempting to punch it in the back of its head with a hard heavy slap. Wake up ya daft overgrown iguana! Now isn't the time be brain dead due to some old geezer in robes hiding somewhere! Where is a Dragon pride and spirit! Snap outa it!


Free Action: Activate protection Domain giving myself and any ally within 30ft +3 sacred AC Bonus.

Move Action: Fly down to the dragon.

Standard Action: Unarmed Strike [roll0]
Damage [roll1] Subdual Damage

Lexin
2012-10-26, 01:37 PM
Alyssa flew over the dragon and imitated a dragon. She liked it.
"One more time!"

("WRAAARWW!!")
This time the cone she breathes out is blue colored and deal no damage at all... but freezes the dragon to the bone.


Slowing Breath effect:
DC 19 fort, pass = 2 rounds of slow, fail = 1 round of slow.

A slowed creature can
take a single move action or standard action each turn, but
not both (nor can it take full-round actions). Additionally, it
takes a –1 penalty to its Armor Class and on its attack rolls and
Reflex saves. A slowed creature moves at half its normal speed
(round down to the next 5-toot increment), which affects the
creature's jumping distance as normal for decreased speed.

Ah... and if our characters know each other, then whole team is under effect of Endure Exposure invocation (after many times she simply burned them together with enemies, she learned how to make them immune to her breath weapon)

INoKnowNames
2012-10-30, 02:46 PM
"We're trying as well as we can, but this isn't as simple as it looks!" she responds to the pair outside battling the dragon. While speaking, she tucks her holy symbol back down her shirt, and reaches for the edge of the circle, her hand and eyes gloing with power. "Can you please spare a moment to explain what's going on, sir? And maybe not lock other people into where you might be teleporting to?" she continues to ask.

Casting Dispelling Touch.

Caster Level Check: [roll0]

If only it were based on Dcs...

Throwing in another Diplomacy Check: [roll1]

gunnar11
2012-10-31, 05:03 PM
"We must hurry, there isn't much time. Take this scroll!" the old man says to you. The moment Althia tries to dispell the circle, though, her hand is trapped in it. She can't seem to get it out of there in any way possible, and even though the situation is dire something is warning her.


Tell me, Althia, what happens when the circle teleports and only your hand is in it?


Outside, the dragon loosens himself from the entanglement. He shakes himself and swings its tail a full 180 degrees before slamming against Mopsus

Attack: [roll0] (precision)
Damage: None

and sends him flying through the air until he crashes against a wall.
Wait, no, not a wall! He hit the invisible wall of the spellcircle!

The dragon had noticed that everyone who got in there remained stuck, and as such launched Mopsus there!

The dragon is slowed down now.

Lexin
2012-10-31, 05:18 PM
"How could you!? You hit ... how was he called again?... the old guy! Shame on you!"

This time she just points at the dragon and a stream of energy shoots towards him.


Touch Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Range 350 ft

INoKnowNames
2012-11-01, 10:58 AM
Althia looks horrified, and her face grows pale. Not only has her attempt to free those trapped within the circle failed, but she herself has been snared by its magic. At best, she would be forced to tag along to where ever the final destination of the spell might send them. At worse...

As fear welled up inside her chest, the girl flinches as the action from outside finds its way inward. Looking back, she sees that the elderly gentleman battling the dragon has joined the rest of them within the confines of the spell. Knowing the safest course of action available to her, she passes through the wall with a sigh, trying her best to ensure no part of herself or her belongings are still trapped.

"Unfortunately, unless you wouldn't mind me continuing to try to dispel your ritual, it looks like you'll have... a few guests coming with you." she responds to the man. "Is there anything I can possibly do for you now? May you please explain what's going on?" she politely asks, a small smile reaching her lips.

Do I need to keep trying to roll Diplomacy to get him to explain what's happening? It'd be hard to beat the 49 from before...

Also, hopefully there's no chance of a horrible accident occuring... (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/PortalCut)

If he still wants to present her the scroll, she'll gladly receive it and read it.

If he doesn't object to her trying to free them, here's another Dispelling Touch Check (I'll only count the spell as used if there's a consensus to her going ahead with it) [roll0]

Also, if he'd appreciate her trying to treat his injuries. she can try... it might work since she's on the inside of the circle now. Though I wonder why she didn't get trapped when she tried it before...

Azoth
2012-11-02, 05:39 PM
Mopsus groans as he flies back into the wall of the spells. His body passing through slowly as he slumps to the ground. His old eyes flutter for a moment before he regains his knees. His hand closing into a fist as he moves to smash the ground under him. With any luck a few blows will free them and he can rejoin the fight.


Attack roll against the square under him [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Attack against ground [roll2]
Damage [roll3]

gunnar11
2012-11-13, 03:56 PM
The ground gets a beating, hard. Mopsus hammers down on it continuously, but it doesn't seem to give in. The spellcircle answers with a light flash on every hit, and it seems to power up on your energy. Then, as if dimensionally slid, the last member of your (would be) group arrives. He's suddenly there, and outside the dragon looks confused.

The man suddenly begins talking. "The war, it has to be stopped. Take this letter - he says, almost throwing it at you, and looking quite pale from anxiety and bring it to the king. You're our only hope. Don't open it though, king's eyes only" he speaks. You haven't noticed it yet, but the volume of his voice begins to increase. Come to think of it, a lot of noise is resonating around you.

The spellcircle is glowing very brightly now. The spell may be ready soon.
"This won't be enough, it needs more power, it needs a life" the man rambles, and he eyes you. He then shakes his head, and with a loud WRAAAAH! he thrusts his hand through his ribs onto his own heart, where he grabs it and pulls it out. The man drops dead, the world turns dark.

[roll0]

You find yourselves in a desert.

Lexin
2012-11-13, 04:03 PM
Alyssa stands up, tidying her clothes from the sand. Other than that she behaves like nothing strange happened... until she starts jumping around in joy.
"Look Cheese! We are on the desert again! It is hot! And Sandy! And... how did I get here? Hmm, nevermind, stranger things happened. How do you think, is there anything interesting to see here?"
She talks to the hamster and flies straight up to look around.

Spot [roll0]

Azoth
2012-11-14, 03:45 AM
Mopsus looked to the man wide eyed. The damn seal could have taken power from him. It didn't need a life if he was willing to give it power. Hell, they could have taken the dragon as a team if that seal wasn't in effect.

He pushed himself up to his feet with the aid of his staff. Groaning the whole way with effort. A hand moving to dust himself off as he looked to the others.

Well, I can tell the daft one is fine. Is everyone else still with us, or have they departed to the great beyond? If you're alive speak up...my hearing ain't what it used ta be an I won't be able ta help if I cannot hear ya!

INoKnowNames
2012-11-14, 05:51 PM
Devoted to his duty even beyond his life. May he be rewarded for his dedication, wherever his spirit rests. the woman silently prays, tears trickling down her rosy cheeks. The loss of a life cuts rather deeply into her spirits.

Snapping back to reality, Althia inspects the letter she was given. Turning it over once or twice, she tucks it into her shirt for safe keeping. "I'm perfectly fine, sir." she responds to the senior member of her de facto group. "Though slightly shaken up by what's happened... first thing's first: where are we?"

Hm.... Let's see if we can find out!

Knowledge-Geography:[roll0] (Bardic Knack for +3, Map of the World for +2)
Knowledge-Local:[roll1]
Spot:[roll2]
Listen:[roll3]
Search:[roll4]

... Hopefully it won't apply, but Knowledge-The Plains:[roll5]

And for some general knowledge, possibly about the King:
Knowledge-History:[roll6]
Knowledge-Royalty:[roll7]
Lore Check:[roll8]

Azoth
2012-11-15, 12:35 AM
Judging by the sand in my nethers...I am gonna say we aren't in Kansadon anymore my pretty. Mopsus quips as he continues to shake sand from himself. Then with a few flaps of his wings he takes to the sky trying to see any sign of a road, river, or even civilization.

Spot: [roll0]

gunnar11
2012-11-19, 11:28 AM
You see a lot, A LOT, of sand. That's pretty normal for a desert.

On the north-end you discern some specks of white-bluish lanscape, nothing more. At the west end you think you see some dark-blue too, although that could be just a Fata Morgana.

It's hot.

Althia:

You're in the great desert of Kartha Knog'ng, the home of many lizardfolk and the only living Golden Wyrm on the planet. Most people die from the heat, although some get eaten by giant Ants.

qwertyu63
2012-11-20, 12:32 PM
"What are we doing out here?" He looks around, sand as far as he can see. Well, we'd best find some shelter as quickly as we can, given the heat. What say you?

Let's see if I can do any better on a knowledge check...

No, I can't. I lack Know: Geo. Dang it. I know what I'm taking next chance I get.

INoKnowNames
2012-11-20, 05:17 PM
"We were teleported here by the elderly man's spell circle." Althia replies. "He was dedicated enough to give his life to let this information escape that Dragon... I hope the beast was driven away before anyone else was hurt..."

"As for shelter," she continues, using a set of binoculars from her bag to continue to look around "if neither of our airborne comrades may find anything nearby, then we should focus more on traveling. The elements are the least of our concerns."

"Can you fly, sir?" she asks the other land bound member of their team, pausing in her observations to address him personally. "I know I spell I could cast if need be, but it's rather painful to cast... Less painful than being consumed by Gigantic Insects, mind." she adds.

Considering I just rolled a Natural 20 on a Spot Check, I suppose getting a 29 by using a masterwork tool and taking a few moments to take 20 might not help any more in verifying what is or isn't safe to go to and figuring out our next path... but it couldn't hurt, could it?

Lexin
2012-11-20, 05:26 PM
"Yaaaaaaaay!" shouts Alyssa as she flies above other people at her top speed. Then suddenly she slows down, looks around once again and lands next to others.


Knowledge time!
Geography [roll0]
Local [roll1]
Nature (how to find shelter on the desert) [roll2]


"Are you going, or will you just stand here all day?" She asks without any hint of irony, pure curiosity.

qwertyu63
2012-11-20, 08:19 PM
"Sadly, the art of flight evades me as of yet." he says.

gunnar11
2012-11-21, 05:31 AM
Althia takes out her masterwork tools, and begins to inspect the landscape. She doesn't find out anything more of importance.

Alyssa on the other hand, while not knowing where she is, remembers it's best to walk during the nights, and sleep during the days. Sleeping would be done by excavating a hole in the ground, then lie in it and cover yourself by some kind of cloth or blanket, so you don't asfixiate in the sand.

Azoth
2012-11-22, 01:41 AM
Mopsus descends back to the ground. A slight groan from him as his weight is put back on his old legs. Mountains to the north of us. There may be a lake to the west, but that may just be heat playing tricks on my old eyes. I think it best we make up our minds and pick a direction. Anywhere is better than here in the sun just roasting for no reason.

Lexin
2012-11-22, 05:58 AM
"I don't know where we are! says Alyssa in a very cheerful tone.
"Choosing direction? I am good at it!" she turns to a random direction and says/ half sings
"Eeny, meeny, miny, moe,
Catch a tiger by the toe.
If he hollers, let him go,
Eeny, meeny, miny, moe."
... and ends up pointing more or less north.
"See? Easy!"

qwertyu63
2012-11-22, 06:42 PM
"That direction works as good as any, I suppose. Unless someone else has a better idea."

INoKnowNames
2012-11-23, 07:41 PM
"I suppose it would be easier for the Lizardfolk that live in this region to survive in the mountains than in the desert." Althia sighs, putting up her Binoculars and reaching for the Holy Symbol hanging over her chest.

"We're better off traveling through the air than on the ground." she says as she presses it against the other earthbound member of their group, while tightening her grip on the staff she carries. "This spell is slightly draining to cast, so it would be prudent to make useful the time it allows us. I won't be able to keep this up for much longer..."

After a moment, her staff, symbol, and eyes all glow white, and a pulse of energy radiates through the man's body from Althia's.

Engald

You can feel the energy that flew through you shifting between each alternate arm, the top of your head, the back of your eyes, and in between your shoulder blades. You can tell that, with just a thought, you can adjust where this energy stays.

After the spell ends, Althia staggers for a moment, and then repeats her actions, herself the new target. After a moment of focus, a brilliant pair of feathered wings sprout from her back.

"Though the essence lost is uncomfortable, the joy of flight, as well as the right to such spells, far outweigh the discomfort." she continues with a bright smile. "Shall we be off?" she asks as she begins to ascend.

Sacrificing 1 Create Food and Water and Safety to Spontaneously Cast Celestial Aspect Twice.

[roll0] + [roll1] : Althia just took that much Strength Damage.

Additionally, 2 of 3 Metamagic Rod of Extend uses per day were used in Extending both of those spells. We have 14 minutes of Flight at 100 ft. per action, with Good Maneuverability.

Azoth
2012-11-23, 11:50 PM
Mopsus looks to her and chuckles slightly. Just full of surprises. This will be interesting to say the least. Let's just hope we can make good distance.

With that he flutters back into the air and begins to take off for the mountains with the others.

gunnar11
2012-11-24, 06:26 AM
You've been travelling already thirteen minutes in flight, and the spell Althia produced seems to be wearing off. You are closer to what at first seemed mountains, now, and you realize this the north pole. That's right, the north pole. No mountains, no better environement, just the ice and cold op the pole.

Descending, to maybe recast the spell, or figure something else out, you notice that to the east something seems to be approaching. It doesn't take long before the women in the group recognize it:

"A Sandstowm!"
"A Sandstorm!"

they say in unison.

qwertyu63
2012-11-24, 10:04 AM
"Well, this is a problem." He starts looking around for cover.

Spending 1 inspiration for Cunning Knowledge on my search check.
Search: [roll0]

Lexin
2012-11-27, 03:53 AM
"Maybe we should dig a hole in the ground or something? To wait there until the storm passes?" Alyssa asks with uncertainty in her voice.

qwertyu63
2012-11-28, 07:30 AM
"That might not be a horrible idea. Who here has digging tools?

Azoth
2012-11-28, 07:46 PM
Mopsus stabs his staff into the ground with a grunt. I doubt any o us brought a shovel to a festival. Mayhap, it would be easier to make a shelter than dig one? Use my staff and larger weapons for supports, and use our cloaks and shirts to make a tent. Ain't anyone got not nothing the rest o us ain't seen before neither.

qwertyu63
2012-11-28, 10:34 PM
"Well, in terms of fabric, I only have my jacket, but it is a bit odd... Eh, here use it anyway." He tosses over his jacket.

Lexin
2012-11-29, 05:34 AM
"Digging tools?"
She looks at her claws, then briefly at the surrounding them sand, back on claws, again on sand.
"I need better claws!"
...And she starts to transform, into some kind of lizard humanoid figure... And starts digging, vanishing under the surface.
After a while sand collapses, creating a hole in the ground :
"Is that enough?"
She asks standing in the middle of the hole, back in her favorite shape.


Humanoid Shape invocation to change into Asabi (MoF), which has burrow speed.
Then back to normal.

qwertyu63
2012-11-29, 07:49 AM
He looks in the hole in shock. "Woah. Yeah, I'd say."

gunnar11
2012-11-29, 04:37 PM
The sandstorm is now only a couple of miles away. You guess you have only 5 minutes or so, before it hits you.

INoKnowNames
2012-11-29, 06:33 PM
"Wow..." Althia remarks at the other female within the group, marveling at the freshly excavated shelter. "Excellent work! What a handy skill..."

Azoth
2012-11-30, 02:23 AM
Mopsus smacks his forehead and stares in disbelief. Saints preserve us, you are a talented little ragamuffin full of surprises ain't 'cha. Well, everyone down in the hole now. I will use my cloak to cover the hole to keep the sand out of our faces. Hopefully, once this passes we can figure something out to stay alive...something tells me there aren't too many helpful eyes on us t'day!

qwertyu63
2012-11-30, 10:04 AM
Gets down in the hole. "This should work."

gunnar11
2012-11-30, 06:26 PM
You all get safely into the hole, and immediatly you can feel wind blowing over your heads. You have to hold on tight to the cloth, while the temperature drops 20 degrees. It isn't as warm as it was before, and so, you feel a little more comfortable.
This could go on for some minutes.
The wind is calming down though.


That's my cue for: Roleplay time!
Discuss something about your characters, talk it over, emotions, whatever. I want to get to know your characters, so I can utterly destroy them irrevocably enjoy them more

INoKnowNames
2012-11-30, 07:52 PM
“It looks like we might be here for a while… it’s as bad as the Blizzards back home.” Althia comments, staring at the entrance of the hole.

She turns back to the others with a warm smile. “We should probably get something to eat, shouldn’t we? Anything you each prefer?” she politely asks, her head slightly tilted to the side.

Lexin
2012-12-01, 05:53 AM
"Food? Food. Food! Umm... do you have... she thinks really hard before continuing ... squirrels in honey? ... 1/2 second delay this time ...or hawk with cheese? ... I like cheese... she licks her lips, her imagination running wild ...or, or, or the blue lizard, blue cheese and blue chocolate! small frown on her face ... is there blue chocolate?... Nevermind, I want it anyway!"

She looks expectantly at Althia.

qwertyu63
2012-12-01, 08:50 AM
"Well, I am carrying my own, but I'm never one to refuse someone else's." He looks around to see who is the most injured. He says "Does anyone need healing?" while healing himself some.

Spending 1 inspiration (now at 1/4) for Opportunistic Piety, healing 16 HP (2 uses remain)

Edited to correct a spelling mistake.

Azoth
2012-12-04, 07:33 AM
Mopsus sighs slightly now that it doesn't seem he will be sand blasted to his maker. His eyes turning to the others. Still he was unsure whether a blow from his staff for help straighten out the crazy one...or if one too many sharp blows to the head made her that way.

In either case, he smiled kindly to Althia. She seemed the reasonable and dependable type.
Whatever ye can whip up under these conditions would be more than appreciated miss...um... Blasted, don't tell me I have slipped so far inta senility I forgot the name of pretty, young lass!?

INoKnowNames
2012-12-08, 01:23 AM
"I'll see what I can do, then. Feel free to be specific about what else you might enjoy." she responds with a continued smile, as the jewelry hanging over her bust begins to faintly glow, becoming brighter over time as the spell she cast prepares itself. "And no, good sir, unless you might have heard of me, we have not been formally introduced. Perhaps while we wait a brief moment for Pelor's blessing and for the storm to die down, we might get to know one another?"

A brief look of shock flashes over the face of the young priestess. "How rude am I for not introducing myself right away? Please pardon me; my manners seem to have been lost in our travels. I am Miss Althia Rosegood of Abrinith: Student, Teacher, Healer, Musician, and Saint of Pelor. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance."

Taking a brief creative liberty in the application of Create Food and Water: 10 minutes of casting time and no specifics about the food... people can order what they want during the casting time and the caster can have it be made if (she) can envision it. Retroactively casting it during the previous bit of conversation when she first asked for everyone's tastes.

I need to edit my backstory into my sheet one of these days... I had it posted on the forum months ago....

Again, -so- sorry it's taking so long from me to keep up with everyone!

Azoth
2012-12-08, 01:57 AM
Mopsus chuckles at her sudden outburst. His hands resting gently on his staff.

I am Mopsus my dear. Traveler and scholar. I used to be a bit of an adventurer in my younger days, but now...well now it seems I am roped into it all again. Hopefully, we all get along well, because it seems we are stuck together for some time now.

qwertyu63
2012-12-08, 09:39 PM
"Well, as long as we are introducing ourselves. I'm Engald. Master Generalist. Pleasure to meet you all..." He thinks for a moment. "Excuse me while I refocus myself... Much better."

Changing stances, to Absolute Steel.

Lexin
2012-12-09, 08:57 AM
"I am Alyssa and I am... hungry! When will we get the food?" she asks impatiently.

qwertyu63
2012-12-09, 09:33 AM
"Patience, Alyssa. If she is casting what I think she is, this will take about 10 minutes." He thinks for a moment. "You think we'll be down here for at least an hour?"

Lexin
2012-12-09, 01:11 PM
"If that's how long it would take to prepare and eat the food then yes. Why?" she answers, not turning to Engald, instead staring at Althia, waiting for the food.

qwertyu63
2012-12-09, 07:46 PM
"I was wondering if I would have time to refocus myself further, as I think some survival skills are in order."

I'm wanting to switch to Wild Focus, as I haven't picked one yet this in-character day.

INoKnowNames
2012-12-10, 11:03 PM
"Sir Mopsus, Miss Alyssa, and Sir Engald, it is wonderful to meet you all." She respectfully bows her head. "Indeed, hopefully this will be a wonderful adventure... even if the start has not been the most positive."

"We may potentially be here for a while..." Althia says, taking a book from her bag and attempting to thumb through its pages. "If a Sandstorm is anything like the Blizzards back home, then we could be here anywhere from a few more minutes to a few days." she replies with a frown on her face.

"I suppose we shouldn't worry too much about it, just yet. We at the very least have enough time to enjoy a meal, which should be ready in just a few more minutes if there's anything specific you might request to taste; I'm partial to fruit myself. Anyways, after some rest, we can attempt to figure out what to do next with the resources we have... Actually, you all are quite talented, from what I've seen." she muses. "Sir Mopsus and Miss Alyssa, battling a powerful Dragon all by themselves... and Sir Engald, a man of divine talents, martial prowess, and more... I wonder what lives such interesting individuals came to live before this day."

qwertyu63
2012-12-11, 08:35 AM
"Meh, my life's rather bland by my standards. Then again, my standards call this another day on the job. The dragon caught me off guard though. My job is to help groups like... this one... go off on their grand quest and come back intact. For that reason, I learned my broad set of skills, as I never know what will be needed. So, you said you were a saint of Pelor, didn't you? That sounds like a wonderful thing... Wait. How can you be a Student and a Teacher? Those would clash, would they not?"

Exposition, now back at you.

INoKnowNames
2012-12-11, 02:50 PM
"Indeed, being born again as a tool for the Lord Pelor is a wonderful experience. I enjoyed my brief stay at Elysium more so than any other thus far. And even the wisest philosopher in the world still has much to learn. Everyone continues to learn. The library back in the City of Light is so expansive, I have actually gotten lost inside it as a little girl, and yet I suspect not even a fraction of the knowledge contained in the world lies within its hallowed walls and books."

She stops, her head facing upward, but her eyes staring into nothingness, a gleeful grin etched on her face. She stops after a pause, her cheeks slightly red from embarrassment.

"Pardon me. I was just recalling the past. Young for my age, I joined the ranks of the teachers, both for the elders and for the youth, while I myself was still studying, before I became a priestess, and that itself was years before my rebirth."

Azoth
2012-12-11, 07:13 PM
Mopsus grins a bit at the mention of the dragon. Dun go makin an old man blush nah Miss Althia. We didna manage ta beat the dragon. Even if we had fought it to the end I doubt I'da been much more use. In the old days I was much more the warrior than I am taday. Now I focus on trying not ta let a fight happen, an if ita hasta be, then I do ma best ta use my powers to stop it before some gets too hurt.

Looking around into nothingness he lets out a slow breath. Though it would seem that those peaceful days are gone again for atleast a little while now. I won't go back to being the warrior I was, but I do not think that life will afford me to be as kind as I'd like for a while. I believe now would be the time for us all to steel our resolves to prepare them for what it is we may have to do.

INoKnowNames
2012-12-13, 01:09 PM
"That you had the bravery and skill to stand before such a powerful creature is still most commendable, Sir, no matter what happens. And while I hope that the rest of the town was able to fend the dragon away, I also hope that it wasn't hurt too badly, either. It didn't seem in control of its own actions at the time, so it wasn't truly at fault for what was going on..."

While she speaks, Althia reaches into her back pack and pulls out a smaller travel bag. From it, she retrieves a cloth and a set of dishes, and sets a place for the 4 of them to be able to sit and eat. After finishing, she stops and watches the glow of her necklace once more, mentally counting out the time. "Just a minute more at most, if anyone else has anything specific in mind they might taste. Because of my own ethos, I've taken a liking to fruit myself. Preferably as sweet as possible!"

Lexin
2012-12-13, 01:13 PM
"I want my squirrels, medium! Not well done!"

qwertyu63
2012-12-13, 01:17 PM
"I don't really have anything in mind. Not what this one's having though." He says gesturing to Alyssa.

Azoth
2012-12-13, 04:21 PM
Mopsus laughs and moves to gently clasp a hand on Engald's shoulder. Hah! I agree with you whole heartedly on that one my good man. Fruits and berries are fine enough for me.

Wiping a small amount of moisture from under his eyes Mopsus turns back to Althia, Trust me, without us there that overgrown lizard will be fine. Even our efforts barely bothered the beast. Think of our tactics as a bunch of annoying flies buzzing in his face. Hopefully, the townsfolk were smart enough to realize this. It'd been best for them to run leaving the ground stained yella and brown than to stand ankle deep in their own muck.

INoKnowNames
2012-12-14, 12:12 AM
Althia nods, sits down and focuses. The light of her holy symbol turns into one final glow before subsiding. In each of their dishes materializes food, and in each cup set aside forms citrus juice.

"Sorry it took so long... and I hope you like everything, I tried to create the best I could for each of you. Alyssa... while I'd never eat a squirrel myself, I remember coming across such a recipe at home (http://laurenst.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/fried-squirrel-with-mushroom-gravy.jpg). And Mopsus, Engald, this is one of the best meals I've helped prepare (http://cajunchefryan.rymocs.com/images/ChristmasDinnerPlate_01.jpg) for some of those I've tended to back in Abrinith. I hope you all enjoy."

With that, Alex helps herself to a bite of her own food (http://fun4friends.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/f71.jpg), as well as a sip of milk from her cup. "I remember when I first cast that spell, and forgot to set a proper receptacle for the food! It made such a mess..." she adds with a laugh.

"I hope the town isn't much of a mess... I wonder at times if it's worth upholding such vows and never harming a living being, even if it means to be next to helpless in a confrontation..." she mumbles as she drinks.

qwertyu63
2012-12-14, 09:20 AM
He begins eating, before picking up on that last line. "Eh, I tend to try not to kill my foes, but that's mostly so the next group knows it's safe to surrender. Dead men tell no tales, after all, and knowledge is power... Did I just string together two completely unrelated phrases? It's rather hard to do though with some of the groups I've helped in the past." He chuckles, thinking.

INoKnowNames
2012-12-15, 09:36 PM
“May our journey be safe and prosperous, and may this new adventure be another of many to tell.” Althia replies, initiating a toast.

gunnar11
2012-12-15, 09:51 PM
And the moment everyone held their glasses up high, to bring out a toast, the wind suddenly stopped. It was now nearing dusk, and the desert was unusually cool in comparison to the hotness it normally had.

qwertyu63
2012-12-16, 08:59 AM
"Well, that was odd timing." He says before resuming his food.

Azoth
2012-12-19, 11:02 AM
Mopsus eats slowly as the winds die and the sands around them begin to cool. Deserts were a bit treacherous, and this one being so close to the North Pole made it worse.

It is going to get a lot colder soon. If we can manage to survive it, resting here for a night would be a good idea. It would allow me to change the spells I have access to, so that I may be of better use to us in the next day. We will need the ability to resist either the heat of the desert or the cold of the pole in the morning.

qwertyu63
2012-12-19, 03:29 PM
"I think that is a wonderful plan. I myself need time to refocus more in depth then a mere style. If I get some time to think, I should be able to find what I need."

INoKnowNames
2012-12-22, 06:43 PM
"Hopefully I will be able to better prepare for such travels myself. I pray for my spells from the Shining One at the break of dawn. My normal assortment of spells are usually dedicated for general use, and my signature magic is based on the care of others. Which reminds me..."

Althia channels energy from her body through her holy symbol, and places a glowing palm on Engald. His body shines slightly as her recovery magic restores his last remaining wounds on the spot. After he is taken care of, she forces a larger amount of magic into Alyssa, tending to her earlier injuries.

"Even if we stay in this hollow, we can't be sure we're entirely safe out here in this desert. Being at our healthiest until we can find somewhere safe to sleep is probably a decent cause, is it not? Mopsus, might you need any healing?"

While she waits for his answer, she continues to use her magic, choosing next to restore her own vitality.

A Spontaneous Cure Light Wounds for Engald ([roll0]), a Spontaneous Cure Moderate Wounds for Alyssa ([roll1]), and a Spontaneous Lesser Restoration for Althia([roll2]).

I wonder if we could use Althia's Map to take 20 on a Knowledge Check to figure out where we are based on what we can see between the mountains and pole, and decide a safe way to go next. Maybe with bonuses from helping each other?

Azoth
2012-12-24, 11:49 AM
Mopsus shrugs a bit as he checks himself over and notices a few burns on his flesh. Tis nothin ta worry about. These wounds are minor for me and shouldn't take much to heal, even of my own power. Though if ya feel it is best to use your own powers on me than to have me use my own, I won't argue with ya.

INoKnowNames
2012-12-24, 12:18 PM
"Few things bring me more joy than being able to serve others as much as I can." she replies as she tends to his singed skin. "Hopefully our journey will be safer than our introduction. Maybe tomorrow we'll be able to find our way to civilization... but for now, maybe rest is in order."

Packing up the dishes used for the food back into her travel bag, she then retrieves a padded sleeping bag. After pausing for a moment to cast a brief spell, she spreads out the bag onto the ground and sits upon it. "Hopefully no one here needs a lullaby to be able to sleep." she jests with a giggle as she casts two more spells, before laying down upon the makeshift bed. "If no one needs anything else, sweet dreams."

And here's to healing Mopsus ((2d8+8)[16]). Additionally, a casting of Know Direction to use as a reference for the next day, and two castings of Vigilant Slumber ("If any creature beyond those of us here approaches within 10 feet of us", "The beginning of the dawn"). If nothing else happens, then hopefully a safe night of sleep.

gunnar11
2012-12-25, 08:26 AM
You all fall asleep, dreaming sweet dreams of loved ones, epic battles, honor and riches. Somehow, after this long day of battle, both physically as emotionally, you are able to find this moment of quiet. On the exception of Althia, everyone has an uninterrupted night of sleep.
Althia herself wakes up a couple of times to some ants passing the 10ft barrier.


That's right, that's what you get for thinking I'd murder you in your sleep :smalltongue:


On the break of dawn, everyone prepares himself. The sky is blue, meaning almost no storms, but this also means hot weather, suffocating hot.

qwertyu63
2013-01-01, 09:20 AM
"A new day, filled with possibilities... But first, I must get ready." Engald sits down and starts thinking.


This is part of that "everyone prepares himself", but I wanted to say that line. Switching to Wild Focus.

Lexin
2013-01-01, 01:04 PM
Alyssa opens her eyes, raises to sitting position... "Yaaaawn"... and goes back to sleeping...

INoKnowNames
2013-01-10, 07:52 PM
"Don't go back to sleep, Alyssa. It's a whole new day! Unless you'd like to stay in the desert, we better get moving!" Bright eyed and bushy tailed, Althia immediately stretches and starts packing away her things. "I hope we get to civilization soon; I can't wait to get going."

Azoth
2013-01-11, 08:40 PM
Mopsus groans a bit as he rises to his feet from his slumber. His old bones creaking and groaning as he moves about. After a bit of prayer and food I suggest we make our choices on what to do? It won't be long before we start to feel the heat of the day on us.

With that he flies out of the hole and faces the rising sun before bowing his head in silent prayer. Asking for the power and wisdom to make it through another day in his life by the grace of his god.

qwertyu63
2013-01-12, 08:39 AM
"Alright. Now I feel ready to take on the challenges of the day." Engald says, before seeing that Alyssa went back to sleep. He pulls her to standing while saying "Oh, get up you."

Finished setting my focus, and refreshing my factotum stuff. Let's rock.

gunnar11
2013-01-14, 06:16 PM
And with that, everyone gets to breakfast (if there is any). This is going to be a tiresome day, so get moving soon, it's already getting warmer.

What way do you go? (N,S,SE, SW?)

qwertyu63
2013-01-17, 01:06 PM
"Alright, concern one, which way should we go? Althia, you know where stuff is right? Where is the nearest group of peoples to us?

Concern two, the storms. I myself have a vague understanding of weather, so I should be able to figure that one out.

Concern three, food and drink. While Althia can provide if it becomes necessary, we should try to find it via other means. I should be able to support myself and one or two others, but can anyone else help?"

Making an attempt to predict the weather. 15 means I know the next 24 hours, 20 means the next 48 hours. I have 1 rank in Survival +2 from Wild Focus.

[roll0]

"It would seem the skys are keeping their secrets today."

Lexin
2013-01-20, 04:41 AM
Alyssa finds herself in a standing position, which makes further sleeping much more difficult. She frowns and asks in a hopeful tone:
"Breakfast?"
She sways a little waiting for the answer, struggling to keep her eyes opened.

Azoth
2013-01-30, 05:57 PM
Mopsus grumbles a bit at the sleeping and rather addle brained Alyssa. His walking stick is looking more and more tempting a solution to her problems.

Any decision is better than roasting under the sun standing idle. Though I feel the sleeper here should walk a bit before being given a bite to eat. Little exercise to wake her up before we let her eat. Otherwise, she is liable to pass right back out for another round of nap time.

Besides, it won't hurt her none. When I was her age, we had to walk ten miles to get supplies for breakfast. Through the snow on the way there, and through mud and rain on the way back...and both ways you walked up hill...barefoot even. So, lets get a walking and see if she earns a bit o' breakfast.

INoKnowNames
2013-04-01, 10:49 PM
With a brief pause to catch her breath while her comrades talk, Althia pokes herself on the forehead, before pointing into the air. As her eyes turn white, she points one finger outward. "It is probably a bit better to head North West at this time." Althia points in the spoken direction with her other hand, the former still transfixed north. "It should be easier for anyone to survive near the mountains than it is outright in the desert."

"I specifically cite the Westward North because we're getting rather close to the North Pole." she continues. "I'm not fully sure the Lizardfolk lie there; it seems like it might be too cold... though that's mostly a gut assessment. I didn't sleep very well, so it might take me a minute or two to remember everything I studied. It feels like I slept for two months..."

She turns back to her allies. "As for food and travel, unless one of you can help Engald and I, I can only afford a small handful of spells that could produce food for the group or flight for he and I. I agree that we should start moving now before the full heat of the sun takes it's toll on us. On the way to that point, we can decide if it's worth a forced march to our nearest destination, and whether or not eating should be done sooner or later."

"Plus." she adds, a slight sing-song to her voice to try to catch Alyssa's attention. "We can think about exactly what we want to eat when we do finally sit down. And we'll sit down sooner once we've gotten moving again."

Lampshade:Hung.

So, do I need to reroll all the checks I made before, including the Natural 20 Spot Check? Or would you keep the same results for the spot checks and knowledge checks that are of any use, for the sake of keeping things going? Hopefully the checks were all useful enough to keep being useful.

And also, as I tried to catch you with a private message to ask you, could the spell Safety get us out of this desert, even if it isn't as dangerous as the Elemental Planes of Fire and Whatnot?

Also, since I did post before the day ended, you all get to keep your souls.

gunnar11
2013-04-20, 09:53 AM
You've been walking for hours now. It's hot and everything shimmers in the sun's heat. Your legs aren't omnipotent, and as such have been tired for quite a while now. Luckily, Althia remembered that walking on top of the sandhills was the easiest way to go forward. This of course also included very sandy gusts of wind in your face, but so be it.
There hasn't been any oasis or other place to be able to drink or eat or rest near in quite a while, and some of you already feel quite irritated. It is at that moment that Alyssa sees something in the distance. It is some kind of tower. It seems small from here. Around it are some trees, fertile ground it seems.
It will still be a couple of hours until you reach the structure, but at last, there is hope.

Azoth
2013-05-02, 08:43 PM
Mopsus stops for a moment on the top of the dune on which they are walking. He is growing rather over heated and is unaccustomed to the heat of a desert compared to his more natural surroundings. He gently sits and lays his staff across his lap.

He makes a few gestures with his hands while speaking softly to himself. Then a mist begins to spread from his body. The cool water definitely refreshing to him, but it soon grows in intensity blocking vision for those around him.

Sorry about this, but I am about to keel over in this damnable heat. We should take a minute to rest in this mist to cool off before continuing. Let our weary legs rest, and maybe try to eat some rations to recoup some strength. Not like we have seen any signs of anyone else for a while...or are likely to anytime soon.

*cast obscuring mist to cool everyone off.*

INoKnowNames
2013-05-09, 09:44 AM
"Shade from the sun, and relief from the heat. You are very talented, Mopsus."

Althia falls to her knees in the mist, rubbing her own sore legs. "I do not think I have ever walked that far at once in my life. It feels as if we have been marching for months, even if the sun has only gone down once. And I think I prefer the frost of the mountains to the harsh desert winds."

After massaging her muscles for a bit, she continues. "I am a bit more worried that we might potentially run into something hostile out in these extreme conditions. I would not be adverse to resting and eating before we continue, but I would be just as agreeable to resting at the tower. Pelor, please do not let it be a mirage..." She begins to pray, fully sitting in the cloud cloaked sand.

"I carry no food on my person, but I may provide meals for us again all the same, if we would like to take a full break at this point. I suppose since we have a clearer destination in sight, it also might be worth the pain to enable Engald and myself to join the flyers in the air for a bit.... How are you two holding up so far?" she attempts to ask to Engald and Alyssa through the fog, not knowing where anyone actually is in the cloud.

Lexin
2013-05-12, 04:25 AM
Alyssa was flying around all the time with non faltering energy.
"Hot? Is it really?" she asks when she sees that others stopped for a while.
"You should have said something earlier!" she says and pouts her lips a little.
She walks around, touching others and concentrating for a short while for each drawing a little glowing runes on their bodies.
(at will 'Endure Elements' anyone?)

"It should be better now." she says with a wide smile after she is finished.

(long pause)

"Ah and why are we going this way? The tower is a little bit more to the west than that..." She says with a curious expression, assuming that everyone saw the tower and there is a reason for wrong course.

qwertyu63
2013-05-13, 03:49 PM
"I'm fine myself, thanks for asking. I've been through worse, anyway. I don't really think I have any way to help with it though."

Azoth
2013-05-14, 05:44 PM
Mopsus feels the coolness of the mist beginning to soak his clothes before the addle brained one marks in some fashion. The heat no longer a bother, but he still decides to enjoy the break all the same. His legs still tired, and his stomach still empty.

Alas, I have no food with me either lass. If we are near some sign of civilization, then perhaps it best we barter on their hospitality than exhaust our own gifts farther than we have. My trick will only last a moment a more, and then we can be off. Just had to give these old bones a moment. I ain't as spry as I once was, and even then I was never very spry.

INoKnowNames
2013-05-15, 06:54 AM
"Believe it or not, I'm not actually too bothered by the heat of the sun since I died, even if I don't enjoy being too warm." Althia remarks. "It's definitely more being hungry, and not walking this much in a while... even back home, baring expeditions through the mountains, I was tasked in more scholarly positions."

Looking around, she continues. "We only paused for a second, since this spot seemed to offer a chance at a bit of relief. We know that we don't have much of a choice but to keep going to the tower. If it isn't a mirage, then it's the only landmark for miles, and there's a good chance that the locals would know of it's location over any others. If we are to be found, then it's better than staying out in the sand to be found. And incase anything that wouldn't share its hospitality finds us, it seems like the safest place to be."

"Once inside, I'd definitely like to go ahead and eat, be it a meal I prepare for us or if we find the resident willing to provide more than just a safe place to sit for a bit. Shall we go ahead and go?" she punctuates her final thoughts with a smile.

qwertyu63
2013-05-15, 06:59 AM
"I suppose it's our best bet... Well, no sense standing here, let's roll out." And so he does.

Lexin
2013-05-15, 07:47 AM
"To the tower!" shouts Alyssa and flies off, only to make wide circles in the air above the group a moment later.

Azoth
2013-05-15, 01:43 PM
Mopsus rises slowly, groaning as he does. Young slave drivers...pushing an old man to grave.

Once he rises, his wings unfurl and flap a few times before he lifts off the ground. Oh to have the energy that addle brain girl has...its wasted on the younguns. Give me that much energy and I'd accomplish...well...it'd be spectacular that's for sure.

With that he begins to fly over the party towards the tower.

gunnar11
2013-05-16, 01:45 PM
Nearing the tower, the group notices it's not only one tower, but the first of many. Before them, a whole landscape filled with towers, walls and houses emerges. It's interesting to say the least, and a bit beyond this city, the waves can be heard, almost seen, of the great big sea.

The group slowly descends onto the gates of the city, clearly looking for food, a place to sleep, or even some kind of entertainment for a break. The gates, though, seem a little bit worn out, and when Alyssa in all her childish intrigue touches the gate, it comes crumbling down, and the group sees the city as it really is: Abandoned.

Azoth
2013-05-17, 02:56 PM
Mopsus shakes his head, We finally find something of use...and it is older than I and emptier than Alyssa's head. Perhaps if we look around we can find a clue as to what happened, and maybe a well or some forgotten crop grown wild to eat.

Lexin
2013-05-17, 03:04 PM
"Ups!... it was already like that!" says Alyssa as the gate crumbles down.

"Empty, old buildings, crumbling to dust like the old fellow... Mopsus, was it?
... so what, do we look for another one?" she asks not showing even a slightest bit of exhaustion.

"Although, if we are staying here we might as well look for some maps, walking around is fun, but it would be nice to know where we are..."

Knowledge (any) to know where we are:
[roll0]

INoKnowNames
2013-05-19, 01:35 AM
"I do wonder where we are." Althia agrees with Alyssa, and reaches for reading material from her bag, in hopes to unearth a few answers. "At least it's not a mirage... Though we should remain careful: just because this place may be old doesn't mean it is entirely empty. We don't know what we might run into looking around, and we shouldn't try to disturb too much."

While rustling through her bags, she continues. "I suppose we can do this a number of ways. Either way, we'll probably end up splitting up. We could first have half of us look around and see what we can find, while the other half attempts to find somewhere safe for us to stay and rest at. Or, we can all work together to establish a camp, then branch out from there for supplies. In either scenario, once a spot has been found, I would be delighted to prepare us something to eat."

The priestess puts her books and her bag at her feet, and points. "Maybe once food is ready, I can call everyone back with these? You would just need to check in about 10 minutes after camp is established if we work together, or hopefully about a half hour if we split up now." A quartet of orbs appear before her glowing finger, spinning clock-wise and releasing light. She then points up, and the dancing lights fly into the sky. After a moment, she points back down, and lets them orbit herself.

"Though, if I may be honest..." the woman adds, becoming a bit quieter. "I'd actually rather enjoy going for a swim once we're comfortable... between the sand and the sounds of the ocean, there might be a beach nearby, and I even have the attire for it..." Althia pokes her fingers together shyly as she waits for an answer. "It would certainly feel good for those of us still tiring, and the water is probably wonderful...."

What time is it in game?

Also, what about these checks?

Cleric Lore (because both teachers and students learn): [roll0]

K-Geography (Where are we? Maybe I can find it on the map now that I've got another geographic figure to look at): [roll1]

K-History (What is this place? Most cities aren't in such states... maybe my history book has a few notes): [roll2]

K-Local (Maybe if anything did happen here, rumors could have blown in through town...): [roll3]

K-Architecture (Gotta help find a safe place to sleep, right?): [roll4]

K-Nature (Any signs of weird animals or such might be helpful. Possibly identifiable through book): [roll5]

Spot (Do we see anything else interesting? What about with Binoculars?): [roll6]

Listen (Any other sounds beyond the caress of the sea could tell us stuff, too): [roll7]

Search (Spread out and Search for Clues!): [roll8]

Edit: Hm... not bad. Should be enough reason to give some more information... though someone needs to watch Althia's back; she's not aware of anything in her surroundings...

Also, yay lights! No evil shall escape our sight!

Azoth
2013-05-19, 02:24 AM
[roll0]Mopsus looks to Althia for a moment. His mind drifting to thoughts of what kind of swim wear this girl would be carrying. Soon his cheeks began to flush, and he hoped no one would guess the cause.

His leathered hand met his face as he began to think on the matter himself.


Knowledge (Arcana, Religion, The Planes, Nature, Local, Dungeoneering...hell even Psionics)

A[roll1]
R[roll2]
tP[roll3]
N[roll4]
L[roll5]
D[roll6]
P[roll7]


I do not think it wise in any case to split up. A split party is easy prey for things that would avoid our numbers. Now, I am for a beach side picnic if everyone else is.

qwertyu63
2013-05-19, 07:15 AM
"I agree that we should stick together. Split up, and we may not find each other again. The beach sounds nice though, if one is there."

Lexin
2013-05-19, 11:04 AM
"...So... first half looks for interesting things, second half looks for a place to stay and the third half goes to the beach?
... too complicated... I vote for only one half! Two or three are way too much!"

Let's go to the beach!"

INoKnowNames
2013-05-19, 07:07 PM
As everyone voice concerns with part of her suggestion, Althia puts her hands up. "I didn't mean the 4 of us entirely separate! That wouldn't be safe at all!" She pauses, and floats an will-o-wisp in front of each person, to help demonstrate her thoughts. "At the worst, what I meant was that, since Engald and I can't fly as freely as you two can, he and I can search along the ground for anything strange, moving from building to building along the way while considering options that look easily sheltered. Mopsus, Alyssa, you two could scan from above us, looking for lights, movement, or anything else that might show life. This way, while we're looking from two split points of view, we're still relatively working together. Does that seem reasonable?" She provides a visual example of her plan through the movement of the lights, before directing them to orbit her again.

Her eyes appear to nearly sparkle as she continues, her smile almost naively innocent yet eager. "Of course, if everyone is up for it, we could go investigate the sea now before anything else. Given the dry desert, anyone, even the native lizardfolk, are likely to head to the nearest source of water as they are to hide from the sun. Maybe we can go set up camp near it?" She continues to try to justify her suggestion as pragmatism, but the sheer, youthful excitement in her voice betrays her primary motives, her enthusiasm blatantly written across her face.

qwertyu63
2013-05-20, 06:52 AM
"Ah, that plan makes more sense. Also, heading to the water sounds like a good idea."

Azoth
2013-05-28, 01:55 AM
Mopsus unfurls his coiled wings, shaking loose a bit of sand in the process. He gives them a few test flaps before lifting himself off of the ground with them. Then to the beach it is. I hope none of you have a problem with this old man giving his feet a rest and stretching his wings along the way?

gunnar11
2013-05-28, 06:23 AM
The group approaches the beach, some floating, some walking, others even flying. As they get near, though, it becomes a bit harder to fly; the wind is quite strong.
A couple of minutes later, having passed along a palace, some kind of fountain, and some gardens, built on different levels of a building, they see the beach. The weather is nice, the beach clean, and the water is clear.

A couple of miles away they see something stranded. A whale it seems.
Coming from the sea there are quite some turbulent clouds, dark, looming and approaching the land. Everything is calm...

for now.

INoKnowNames
2013-06-07, 11:33 PM
"I'm starting to be a bit confused... why is this beautiful place entirely abandoned? Everything seems so peculiar..." Althia muses as the group travels, somewhat somberly as she looks on the buildings and structures, particularly the gardens.

Any and all hints of depression in her voice vanish with the wind upon the group finding the beach. Any formal and professional pretense completely dissolve as she heads onto the coast. "Just look at that view! The ocean looks amazing! The surf looks wonderful right now! It's so bewitching; I almost can't wait to enjoy it!" she begins to exclaim, moving toward the water, almost entirely unaware of anything else around her.

She does stop, feet in the water at this point, as the stranded whale manages to somehow draw her focus from the beach. She tilts her head as she stares at the creature, before moving across the surf to approach it, slowing as she draws near.

Lexin
2013-06-08, 04:25 AM
Alyssa lands on the beach, completely ignoring what the shiny one was saying. She puts down all her equipment, strips to underwear, jumps high, flapping wings few times to fly a little higher... and dives into the water shouting.

"Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....."

qwertyu63
2013-06-08, 08:09 AM
"Ah, the sea. It's been a while since I've done this." he says, dipping his toes in the water.

Azoth
2013-06-09, 12:39 AM
Mopsus lands down on the sand gently. His robes fluttering a bit as wings settle back into place. All his weight coming to bare on his staff, which much to his dismay, begings to sink into the sand. With slow steps he begins to head toward the stranded creature. His eyes tired as he looks the creature over. Being a weary and wary old man, he makes sure to move as if no threat to the creature. His mind moving to try and place exactly what the creature could be, and how cautious they should all remain while in its pressense.

Knowledge (appropriate one): [roll0]

Lexin
2013-06-09, 03:00 AM
Alyssa flies out of the water, creating a huge fountain of water, flies few dozen feet higher, looking at the group on the way (Good, they didn't get in trouble yet.' ... and dives once again.
("Weeeeee....")

gunnar11
2013-06-11, 06:39 AM
The storm's really coming close now. It's menacing prescence can almost be felt on the skin of the adventurers.
The whale, who seemed dead from afar, turns out to be alive, really, though his skin is rotting off of him while he breathes what shall be his last breath. Furthermore, the ground begins to shake, seemingly originating from the city, deserted in the wastelands

INoKnowNames
2013-06-11, 05:01 PM
Neither the encoraching foul weather, nor the rumbling beneath her feet, are sufficient enough to distract Althia, whose attention is entirely locked onto the dying animal before her. Without stoping to think, she grips the holy symbol hanging over her chest and attempts to stabilize the creature's condition, not sure if anything could be done for the poor thing at this point.

I should have thrown up another set of knowledge checks as well, now that I think about it. Ah well...

Spontaneously casting Cure Light Wounds.[roll0]

Lexin
2013-06-19, 04:58 AM
Alyssa flies out of the water freshened up. And sees that nobody is guarding her things (nobody other than Cheese, at least). How could they!?
She flies back and collects her equipment, then flies after the group to scold them... or maybe kill them... she will decide when she gets there...

gunnar11
2013-08-19, 02:54 PM
The rumbling increases. It's gotten to the point you'd have to yell to hear each other. The whale seems to be a bit better now, though not cured. Actually, he's not better, he's just not worse.

Lights begin to shine out of the city, as if it was alive, as if there was life in this place.