PDA

View Full Version : Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)



Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

AlanBruce
2012-10-02, 10:19 PM
Chapter II

The Cursed Goddess

A child nymph runs through the forest crying for help in sylvan. She has barely seen a few hundred autumns, which would make her a very young fey. Her cries fall on deaf ears as a mob of growling dessicated humanoids chase after her. As the nymph begins to focus on her ability to vanish away, a handful of barbed vines rise around her. The child watches in horror as the mob stays a prudent distance away from the roving mass of brambles and a wild man in a grimy breast plate and a scythe jumps from above the trees. Another, dressed in tattered white robes begins walking towards her as the vines crumble to dust. The nymph would see this as a chance to escape, but she finds her body does not respond.

"We have been going around in circles, Balion...why?", asks the Kazym as his shadow covers the nymph.

"I...I cannot commune with her...He severed the bond. Severed MY BOND with her!" shouts the feral druid.

Kazym lifts the fey child by the throat with his hand. The nymph begins burning as the mob growls in pleasure. She sheds dry tears which quickly crystallize and soon feels her body turning stiff and dry as cracks begin to appear on her face.

"Please focus, my friend. I grow weary of killing fey. I have more important matters to attend to. Matters that will benefit you immensely, but only if we find her. Shall we regroup at your place?"

The mob and the two casters walk into the woods as the body of the nymph child, now a statue, sheds a single tear before crumbling into a pile of salt.

dantiesilva
2012-10-02, 10:55 PM
I must agree with Tarith, though I am an educated man, nothing I read could have prepared me for the world outside the church I grew up in. Dantie said before looking at Tarith But, with the knowledge from the books you read you will have a great advantage to defeat whatever you are fighting.

@Silias Silias do you happen to have a belt of healing or perhaps a Heward's Fortifying Bedroll, a shield by any chance that has spikes and can stop a ghosts attack. It would be greatly appreciated.

Archmage1
2012-10-02, 11:06 PM
"Perhaps, Dantie. You would also need to remember the information, and have the skill and ability to use it. Or you could be an experienced combatant, and know how to counter most common effects, and also know the most critical thing I ever learned: When to run away. If you can't effectively fight something, then run away, and learn how you can fight it."

"Silas, would you be capable of quickly adding a wand chamber to this dagger? Or, perhaps 3 minor crystals of returning?"
Tarith shows one of his magebane daggers.

AlanBruce
2012-10-03, 12:56 AM
@Tarith: Silas looks at your dagger. "Hmmm... it would seem you want to excercise your abilities against the unliving without wasting time, very good, yes. I may need just a few hours to work the wand into the dagger and attune both. Be advised, however, that the power of the wand will expel eventually, just like any other wand. I will give you easy instructions on how to remove the wand once this one is exhausted."

Silas turns to look at his students.

"They are oblivious as to what transpired last night. Apparently some of tehir parents who attended the ball decided to not raise an alarm. I will, however take a more defensive stance in their teachings. With any luck, by the time you return from the forest, the city will be aptly defended. Arcane and Divine-wise."

@Bishop: You walk down Merchant Street and sure enough, you spot the carpnter Silas mentioned. His chop is piled with saw dust. A strong middle aged man sweats as he hacks logs in a small patio beside the shop. He stops his duties and loks up at you.

"Good morning, sir! Interested in something?"

dantiesilva
2012-10-06, 07:54 AM
@Silias Silias do you happen to have a belt of healing or perhaps a Heward's Fortifying Bedroll, a shield by any chance that has spikes and can stop a ghosts attack. It would be greatly appreciated. Dantie said, doubting he would have the shield, but the hoping he would have the other two things he was looking for.

Then to Silias's comment he added, It will take much time for the duke to adjust to the new situation, and the parents may find it odd if you start teaching their children things that are to far ahead of them. Be weary my friend, whoever it was they were working for is sure to have their eyes on Justcrown even more now no doubt. Never mind the Hextorities.

Archmage1
2012-10-06, 09:32 AM
"Silas, that seems like precisely what I want. A few hours should be perfectly acceptable. How much will that cost me?"

Tarith hands over one of the magebane daggers.

NathanB1486
2012-10-06, 11:22 AM
@Tarith/Dantie
I agree that practical experience is very valuable, however before facing a mighty creature such as a dragon, one should study the creatures capabilities, many have observed the creatures and recorded there observations into multiple volumes, using the proper set of books can give you a distinct edge against a dragon, simply by readying you have the ability to learn expected average maneuverability, potential blind spots, even how to determine the gender of the beast. Having a plethora of like knowledge would give one a distinct tactical advantage when one was to face such a creature.

@Silas
As you know, we are planning a trip into fay woods soon, would you happen to have any books containing information regarding the typical flora and fauna we may encounter while there?

hopefully they got everything they needed done in those 3 days, glad its back up.
@Alan the book is more for RP purposes, just so i can point out random bits about occasional plants and the like while we are there.

Allyzedl
2012-10-07, 01:25 PM
Bishop approaches the carpenter and asks him, "Would you happen to sell masterwork artisan tools?"



To get things moving, if he does have the masterwork artisan tools Bishop will buy one, then head back to the others.

Also, is it me or are the forums much much slower since after they went down?

dantiesilva
2012-10-07, 03:04 PM
Yes and no, on certain areas they are slower, but in others they seem to be faster. Also it is taking longer for us to get the boot. So wounder if alan will get a post up today before he begins his groups game today.

AlanBruce
2012-10-07, 08:46 PM
@Bishop: "Why, yes sir. I do. Well, I have a spare in case mine break. You wouldn't be thinking about opening business here, would you?"

@Xander: "I may have a book regarding the local flora and fauna at the loft, Xander. You are more than welcome to borrow it after I'm done with my classes here. As for the bedroll, yes! I do happen to have one."

Allyzedl
2012-10-07, 08:49 PM
"No, I am a traveler, not a businessman."

dantiesilva
2012-10-07, 09:42 PM
Ok this is my third time posting the same thing and not getting a reply starting to get annoyed.

@Silias Silias do you happen to have a belt of healing or perhaps a Heward's Fortifying Bedroll, a shield by any chance that has spikes and can stop a ghosts attack. It would be greatly appreciated. Dantie said, doubting he would have the shield, but the hoping he would have the other two things he was looking for.

Then to Silias's comment he added, It will take much time for the duke to adjust to the new situation, and the parents may find it odd if you start teaching their children things that are to far ahead of them. Be weary my friend, whoever it was they were working for is sure to have their eyes on Justcrown even more now no doubt. Never mind the Hextorities.

Archmage1
2012-10-07, 09:58 PM
Assuming we are at the store now, to sell stuff. Also assuming we are selling the cloak of resistance +1, unless anyone else wants it. Also assuming my appraisals are correct.

"Silas, we also came into some rather nice items to sell while at the ball. All legal, so no worries. Would you be interested in a rather nice Mithril Breastplate? It is enchanted, and should sell fairly quickly, as there are many who could use such an item. 6000 Would seem to be a fair price, seeing as you could sell it for over 8000, and it won't be littering up your shop for long. We also have a couple of healing potions, invaluable to the wandering adventure, and also quite likely to sell, given the handiness of healing. 200 for each, so 400 total. We also have a couple of more mage friendly items, A headband of intellect, a favorite of mages everywhere, so I am sure it will sell very quickly, as your school has an abundance of mages who are rich, and would benefit from such an item. 3000, and a steal for you at that price. We also have one of the most ubiquitous items ever made, a cloak of resistance. A boon to everyone, and at a relatively low price, available to all. Again, easily salable, so I am confident that you will jump at the chance to own one for the low, low price of 750 gold. I also have several scrolls you may be interested in. I will also be purchasing some items, so you will be getting the majority of your gold back, making this an even better deal for you."

As each item is mentioned, Tarith produces it with a flourish, presenting it in a fine fashion.


I hope you like the street vendor advertising. I also hope that I have not set the prices too high. I tried to adjust for likelihood of saleability, which should let me sell them for more, seeing as they will occupy space for a shorter period of time.
bluff checks: breastplate[roll0]
potions:[roll1]
headband:[roll2]
cloak of resistance:[roll3]
Sadly, low rolls, but still...

@Xander: you should comment on wanting to look at the scrolls mentioned, so that Tarith gives them to you.

AlanBruce
2012-10-07, 10:26 PM
@Dantie: "Indeed, father Silva! I have one bedroll in stock Sadly, I do not have spiked shields that would deter the undead or a healing belt at the moment. I have heard, however, that there is a very well stocked trading town south of here, in Hammerbruk."

@Tarith: Silas smiles. "You're good, Spellbane, you know that? We have a deal. Mind if I see those scrolls?"

Silas shuts his eyes for a second and mutters some words in draconic and then reads the scrolls.

"What is this place?", says Silas as he eyes the scroll quizzicaly.

@Bishop: "In that case, fine sir. My tools are now yours. Planning on doing some home renovations on your own?"

Archmage1
2012-10-07, 10:44 PM
"I know nothing of the destination, beyond that it is specific. I assume it is some sort of base for Varian, the doppleganger. As such, there is probably not a time issue involving it. Additionally, before going on a trip through the planes, I would like to have a way back, which this scroll, does not provide. I think that Xander may want some of the scrolls as well, so I suppose it is his choice to sell them or not.

In terms of my buying stuff, Would you have a couple of least crystals of returning (http://zyanya.wikidot.com/weapon-crystals)(300) in stock? Or a Raptor Mask (http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/amaranthia/items/raptor-s-mask)(3500)? Or an additional anklet of translocation(1400)? They would be rather useful."

Tarith hands Silas the items he has sold, and splits the gold into four equal shares, and hands Dantie's and Xander's shares to them.


So, money made=6000+400+3000+750=10150, so 2537 gold each, Tarith will pocket the 2 extra gold...
sleight of hand to conceal this[roll0]

dantiesilva
2012-10-07, 10:53 PM
Dantie then looks to Xander, This bedroll I am asking about may help you as well Xander, for it lets you replenish your spells. Would you like to go halves on it with me? Dantie asks Xander before paying Silias.

If Xander agrees Dantie pays 1,500gp if not he uses his money to buy it making him have 0 left. Once this is done we need to all get together so I can cast spells for the day.

AlanBruce
2012-10-07, 11:05 PM
@Tarith: "I do have a spare anklet and a pair of those crystals. Sadly, I have asked everywhere for the mask, but have not been able to get it."

Silas studies the scroll.

"If you give me some time, while you travel, I can do some research into this place. If you happen to be back in the city, I may have some knowledge about it. For that, however, I will need the scroll."

Archmage1
2012-10-07, 11:15 PM
"Fair enough. I will buy the anklets and the crystals then. Hopefully, that trader in Hammerbruk will have the mask, as it will be needed for another encounter with Nerine. I see no issue with you having the scroll until we return from the wilderness, as the information could be useful, just don't lose it."

Tarith hands over the 2000 gold, and collects the anklets, and the crystals. He immediately places the Anklet on the ankle without an anklet, and sockets one of the crystals into the bastard sword.

"Well, I will need to visit a couple of other places, in order to ensure that Oliver and Bill are set up, as well as selling Nerine's clothing, so perhaps we should meet at the tavern in 4 hours or so, which should give Silas time to add the wand chamber to the dagger as well."

Tarith leaves the school, heading towards the clothing store that he and Bishop encountered Varian at before the Ball. He will also keep an eye out for one of the fences, as well as a jeweler to sell his gems and necklaces to.


In the interest of Tarith not taking significantly more actions to resolve in the town, perhaps we could handle all three stores at about the same time?
So, would be @Jeweler, @Fence, @Clothier style thing.

Allyzedl
2012-10-08, 07:17 AM
Bishop leaves the merchant to his own devices after buying the masterwork artisan tools, and heads back down the road towards Silas' shop, after seeing Tarith heading to the clothing shop he decides to follow and catch up to him.

@Tarith "How is it going? Did you manage to sell the stuff? If so, what is my share of the loot? "

Bishop then takes the pieces of cloth tied to his arm, shakes them around and turns them into 2 bandoliers, puts them on, then puts his 4 katanas into the bandoliers for quick access and a stylish look.


Maybe when we come back to Justcrown after the fey woods they will have combined their respective stores to make 1 mega store :)

NathanB1486
2012-10-08, 09:10 AM
The mention of scrolls draws Xander's attention from his browsing.
I had not realized you had any scrolls in your possession, would you mind if i took a look at them, i may be able to make more use out of them then the coin would provide.

Xander looks to Silas.
Thank you for the book, I will pick it up when you are done here.
Would you happen to have one more of those anklets Tarith is purchasing, the magic contained would go a long way in insuring my safety if a foe does happen to close there distance. If you are out would you be able to keep a eye out for one and hold it for me, i will be able check back on a later date.
If Silas has the item Xander purchases it.

At Dantie's question Xander's face lights up.
The item will be beneficial for the both of us? This seems like a positive use of funds, I would be more than happy to contribute. Do you know of any restrictions the item has we may wish to keep in mind?
Xander hands Dantie the money for his portion of the item allowing Dantie to do the actual purchasing.

To bad purchasing the item came up before we finished deciding if it would be a useful as we think. I tend to agree with Tarith's statement about the bedroll being a situational item, the only real use i think we will get would be if on a day one of us does not have the 48 hour debuff and happen to run out of spells a hour long rest could help us out in a bind, but i suspect that spells cast before would still count towards the spells casted in that 24 hour period and would make the item rather useless. (unless we had 3 and it was only to shorten resting time.) But for the sake of RP Xander is more than happy to agree to share something.

Archmage1
2012-10-08, 09:10 AM
Before leaving Sila's School, Tarith turns to Xander.
"Here are the scrolls that we found. If you don't want them, just sell them. Silas has the scroll of plane shift that we found, as he is going to research the destination for us."
Tarith hands over the scrolls of haste, true seeing, and greater invisibility, before heading out of the shop.


Seeing Bishop coming towards him, Tarith reaches into his pocket, and extracts Bishop's share of the loot.

"Bishop, I have not sold your items, seeing as selling them to Silas, who would probably recognize them, would be a bad idea. I was going to sell them to an... acquaintance of mine, who will ask no questions about the source. However, here is your share of the group funds, which will hopefully be enough to let you buy whatever it is you need."

Tarith passes the 2537 gold to Bishop, and continues walking towards the clothier.

dantiesilva
2012-10-08, 10:57 AM
And here you are Silias the money for the bedroll. Dantie says handing him over both his and Xanders 1,500 gp for the item. Then to Xander he says Well my friend if we happen to run out of spells and are in a tough spot one of us could gain most of them back within an hour. In my eyes being able to get our spells back quickly is a great boon. But if you eventually find it not useful I could buy out your half latter on. After all we still need to go see the duke. Seeing Tarith getting ready to leave Dantie calls out to him. Tarith wait. Dantie says as he goes to catch up. Here is the rest of my money. Please try to get 2 diamonds worth at least 5,000gp. This is a buy for the party so I do not expect you to throw the res tof the money in but for everyone to help you. Thank you my friend. Dantie says hoping he understands. I will head to the dukes to collect our reward so that when we meet back we can buy some food and water for the trip and then leave. Good hunting my friend. Dantie says before going back to where Xander is standing talking to Silias.

NathanB1486
2012-10-08, 12:27 PM
After receiving the scrolls from Tarith. Xander looks them over.
As i had hoped, I will be able to make more use of the spells written on these scrolls than the funds selling them would fetch us, thank you. If you happen to come across more such scrolls please keep me in mind.

After hearing Dantie's explanation Xander nods in agreement.
The item does in deed sound very useful, it is good to know if sharing it proves to be less beneficial than we hope you wish to own the item personally, let us hope however that is not the case, and the item proves to be worth the investment for the both of us.

Archmage1
2012-10-08, 01:06 PM
"Say, Bishop, would you mind if I borrowed a hat of disguise? I figure that having some diamonds available for raise dead might be a good plan, but paying for them is not such a good idea. With the hat, I can steal them without being known as myself."

Allyzedl
2012-10-08, 01:10 PM
"I suppose I only need 1, if you see a blindfold a true darkness grab it for me though, and/or some coins." Bishop then hands Tarith one of his bandoliers.


The bandolier is one of the hats of disguise.

Archmage1
2012-10-08, 01:27 PM
"Fair enough. Time to add a little magic to this disguise. Being recognized is not part of my plan."
Tarith heads to an alley, to avoid eyes as he changes his appearance.
Tarith then puts on the hat of disguise, and absorbs a charge from the menacing armor to cast Alter Self, changing his appearance to that of a wealthy looking young noblewoman, and using the hat to change the appearance of his equipment to match what a noblewoman would be wearing.
"Well, how do I look? Somehow, I doubt that anyone will suspect that this... flower is me. I should also be above suspicion of theft, and appear trustworthy to a jeweler."
The disguised Tarith sets out for a jeweler

disguise roll[roll0]would be 26, but -2 for wrong gender
Asking for Bishop to check the disguise, so Tarith knows the effectiveness of the disguise.
knowledge: Local:[roll1] name of a local noble family with a daughter, and the daughters name(disguise as the daughter)
knowledge: nobility and royalty:[roll2] name of a local noble family with a daughter, and the daughters name(disguise as the daughter)
hide[roll3](to avoid notice of any on-lookers)

Allyzedl
2012-10-08, 01:38 PM
"I can't even tell that it is you. Nice disguise."

Spot check:
[roll0]

Archmage1
2012-10-08, 01:41 PM
"Always good news. Time to play the spoiled brat..."

The disguised Tarith heads for a jeweler's store.

Allyzedl
2012-10-08, 06:48 PM
Bishop tells Tarith, "I'm going to be outside of the city making some stuff, come find me when we are ready to head out. I'll try to stay near the main gate." And with that Bishop heads out of the city, looking more a way to entertain himself. He looks for the biggest tree he can find.

He then jumps up it, and climbs the rest of the way til he reaches the top. At which point he takes out his masterwork artisan tools and begins breaking off branches and starts to build a giant tree house.

He also makes nails out of smaller branches to hold the tree house together. Then uses his sledge to hit them into place.



Jump:
[roll0]

Climb (take 10): 19

Craft (woodworking take 10): 22

dantiesilva
2012-10-08, 08:34 PM
Well Xander I shall be heading to the dukes now. Dantie says. Once he gets to the dukes he chats for a small amount of time and once he receives all of their rewards and collects Lucian with his diamond to resurrect his brother he heads to the front gate.

NathanB1486
2012-10-08, 08:51 PM
As Dantie is leaving for the duke
I am going to wait here for Silas to finish his class, after i retrieve the book from his loft, where would you like me to meet you?

After Dantie leaves, Xander turns to Silas.
Do you mind if i sit in on the remainder of this mornings classes, it would be rather nostalgic. Xander pauses a moment. How familiar would you say you are with dryads?

AlanBruce
2012-10-09, 12:50 AM
@Tarith: You walk into the alley and don Bishop's hat. You recall a family, The Miro's. A wealthy family from Justcrown, distantly related to the Pottsdorff's. They have a daughter, Rafaella. As beautiful as she is bratty and spoiled. Rarely one to walk the streets, preferring to travel abroad with her retinue of lesser nobles, Rafaella is known for her rare but brutal shopping sprees in the city, as well as for throwing quite a temper when daddy doesn't give her what she wants - let alone a merchant. As for the jeweler, Guzym of Guzym's Faceted Emporium is the place to go. The gnome jeweler has had the business for awhile and if anyone deals with trinkets of the sort, it is Guzym.

You walk into his store and notice the heavy decor: statues and paintings hang all over the place. Silks from distant lands are used as tapestries on the walls. The gnome hears the chime from the bells on top of the door and looks up and sees you.

Garl, slay me now... "Good morning, lady Rafaella! How may I be of service?"

@Xander: "I'm very sorry, old friend. That was the last anklet I had. I have sent Carl to fetch you the book from the house. It may not be much, but you may learn a thing or two about the fey forest.", Silas states.

@Dantie: You reach the palazzo. Masons are already working on the destroyed wall. A garrison of soldiers have been stacked lining the perimeter. The duke's page greets you at the door.

"Good morning, father Silva. The duke wishes to express his eternal gratitude to you, Master Spellbane, Master Corillian, and Master John. He regerts he is unable to see you now on account of..stress. However, he did instruct me to hand you these as a reward. I trust you will be seeing the other masters?"

The page hands you four heavy pouches. Each has one of your names on it. You open yours after the page leaves and peek into the duke's generosity.

2000 gp

@Bishop: You are in the northern gate of town and have begun working hard on your own forest palazzo in the woods. The tree shakes as you pummel the nails made of wood into the wooden structure. Splinters fly as you chop the lumber and mold it into a roof, walls, and a ceiling. A group of lumberjacks are taking their break and watch you from below.

"Hey! You there! Wanna make some coin?"

AlanBruce
2012-10-09, 12:54 AM
@Xander: "Of course! You know you are most welcome. In fact, upon your return from the fey woods. It would be prudent to start the paperwork for legal partnership. Silas' and Xander's School of Sorcery! You know, now it will actually make sense to call it that!"

Silas ponders for a few moments.

"Dryads... enigmatic creatures, yes. I heard there is a strong community of them in the woods. I'm sure you know as much about them as me. They are ancient fey. They have some innate abilities, many of which mirror ours, yet for all that power, they are tied to a specific spot- a tree, to be exact. Should the dryad ever leave a certain distance from their hallowed tree, or should the tree be destroyed, the dryad's life would end...grim, yes, but why do you ask?"

Carl, one of Sila' pupils enters the school with a book in hand.

"F...F..Found it, sir! The house is properly locked, sir!"

Carl hands you an old, copper colored book.


The Fey Woods
Of Its Wonders and Waylays

by Lestine C. Rarne

The woods south of Justcrown hide many marvels to the mortal eye. Even to the elves, who profess lifespans beyond that of a human, the fey thickets abound with a bounty untapped by civilization. Springs said to have been blessed by Ehlonna herself, with powers of healing. Groves , where the ancient fey frolick and discuss the events season by season, since the conception of the land itself. Truly, Justcrown is blissfuly unaware of the bounty that lies south of its iron gates.

And a good thing too. For as rich as the forest is, the inhabitants are first and foremost dedicated to its preservation from prying eyes and hands alike. To invoke the wrath of the sylvan deities is said to invite disaster upon oneself. Tales speak of mighty guardians in the deeper realms of the forest. Mighty giants of bark and leaf, who shepherd the woods. Fey covens who guard the outer realms with untamed ferocity. Truly, a treasure chest best left locked and buried.

dantiesilva
2012-10-09, 07:53 AM
As the page delivers the bags to him Dantie bows his head. Thank you, please take this for your troubles. With that Dantie reaches into the bag and pulls out 1 gold piece, handing it to the page. Do you happen to know where I can find Sir Lucian? It is most urgent and I was under the impression he had stayed here last night with the duke. And if he is here can you let him know that I am here and waiting for him. Dantie then once again reaches into the bag and says Their is another gold piece for you if you can do this.

[roll0] Diplomacy check, though I'm sure their are more secret bonuses that I can not know about.

Archmage1
2012-10-09, 08:23 AM
As the disguised Tarith enters the jewelers, he/she looks around at the displays, seeing what is there.


Thought about having Tarith pretend think that the gnome is a human child, but decided that would be a bad idea.


Talking in a very whiny tone of voice, certain to make any shopkeeper... aggravated...

"Daddy is being mean, and cutting off my spending money. Why, all my friends are taking a trip, but Daddy intends on stopping my by taking away my money. I need 150 platinum, so I will sell these. The stones always were ugly anyway."

As he/she is talking, Tarith places 2 rubies on the counter.


Figuring that the gnome will need to appraise them, and hoping to see that the diamonds needed are on display. If not, have a plan b.

Allyzedl
2012-10-09, 08:55 AM
Bishop finishes up building his tree house, jumps to the ground, then turns around to see who was talking to him. "Sure, what are you looking to hire me for?"

Bishop brakes off 8 branches that are around 4 ft. in length, and puts them into his backpack to carve into things at a later time.

NathanB1486
2012-10-09, 09:03 AM
After briefly browsing the book, Xander responds to Silas.
I met a very interesting one this morning before we left the tavern, seeing one outside of a forest is strange enough, but this one appeared in perfect health, in the center of a city, well away from its tree. Dantie had spoken of the same one possibly appearing before there dwarven friend, witch would mean this being is capable of traveling great distances freely. She mentioned being banished, and wears a wooden mask covered in runes witch I suspect must keep some sort of connection to her tree else she would surly have withered and died.

What subject are you currently covering with your students today?

AlanBruce
2012-10-09, 01:30 PM
@Dantie: "Sir Lucian is inside, father. He is finishing his daily training and will be here any minute."

Lucian indeed comes in from the left wing of the palazzo wearing a regular breastplate and a wooden shield strapped to his back. His flail has been replaced by a longsword.

"Dantie, good morning. I am sorry to have kept you waiting. Shall we?"

@Bishop: The lumberjacks are quite impressed with your feats of strength.

"We cut the woods round here to supply lumber for the city." Explains the lumberjack. "However, the trees around here aren't as durable, when it comes to the lumber quality. We have heard that the forest south of town has very old and solid trees there. Our employer has forbidden entrance into that area, and we are thankful for that, but if you could go in there and chop a tree and bring us the lumber, maybe we can get permission from him to go in and work on that lumber, which would net us a very good profit. Of course, you would get a good pay out of it as well. All we need is a strong hand to go in there and chop down a tree and bring us the lumber. Simple, right?"

@Xander: "I was thinking about the Nerine fight last night. I was able to hit her with a simple evocation spell a few times, but the more advanced ones didn't faze her at all. Similarly, Lucian attempted one of his spells and it failed to hit her. I'm teaching my students spells that can hinder the opponent immediately, without a chance to resist. It may not kill the opponent downright, but it could incapacitate it enough to give the caster a sporting chance."

@Tarith: You place the jewels in front of Guzym. The jeweler takes out his magnifying glass and inspects them.

Appraise: I assume you placed the 2 rubies for him to appraise. [roll0]

"Each one should net you about 500 pieces of gold, my lady. For a grand total of 1000."

Archmage1
2012-10-09, 01:39 PM
At this, Tarith stamps his/her foot, and appears angry.
"But Daddy said that they are worth 75 platinum each! "
He/She then points out a couple of the more expensive looking diamonds
"Those look interesting. I want a closer look at them, to ensure that they would go with my gown"


Bluff[roll0]
assuming the diamonds should be worth at least 5k

AlanBruce
2012-10-09, 01:49 PM
@Tarith: Guzym starts sweating. He wants to run a clean business, not have some brat come in shouting. He tries to calm you down placing his hands in the air gesturing you to relax. Then he listens to your claims regarding your father.

Sense Motive: [roll0]

"Fine, Miss Rafaella, fine! I had no idea your father was in the jewelry business. I will gladly take these two rubies at the price you want, but I can assure you. In all my years in this craft, I have never paid this amount for rubies. This almost seems like a steal."

He then looks at the diamonds set behind him.

"Those? They came a few weeks ago. They would fit your gown very well, and the price isn't that bad, either. A mere 1000 pieces each.

dantiesilva
2012-10-09, 01:50 PM
Dantie thanks the page and hands him a gp. Once Lucian comes out Dantie smiles to the soldier and says, It is no trouble. I am truthfully now just waiting for my friends to be finished with the work they are doing so if you want we can go now. Or we could go and collect a few of them? Whichever you prefer. Dantie says as he begins walking towards the main gate, but keeping close enough to silias shop so that he can drop of Xanders cut off the pay.

Archmage1
2012-10-09, 01:54 PM
Bluff[roll0]
Hopefully, the shopkeeper will attempt to placate her with some diamonds...

Allyzedl
2012-10-09, 02:08 PM
"That sounds reasonable, however I require some form of payment ahead of time, before putting myself in a dangerous situation."

NathanB1486
2012-10-09, 02:10 PM
I myself ran into many problems having my magic effect Varien. If I were in a situation where I did not have both Tarith and Danite present I truly would have been in a bind. Having a few spells capable of reliably effecting a opponent with out having to worry they may resit would would truly be most beneficial, ensuring your students have a firm grasp on such spells is sure to be a wise move.

AlanBruce
2012-10-09, 02:35 PM
@Bishop: The lumberjack frowns. "Well, that is the problem. We only work for our employer. We don't handle the coin. This was an idea I had presented awhile back, since those woods are untouched, the trees must provide good lumber. I'll talk to him and see if something can be arranged."

@Dantie: "By all means, Dantie. Let us go and see if we can raise my brother. It will be hard for him to understand, but if he is brought back, I will make sure he is tried lawfully for this transgression. We can see some of your acquaintances before, if you like."

@Xander: Silas strats working on Tarith's dagger. "I wish we knew what Varian was up to. You mentioned the body was destroyed? Pity. If there were a way to make his corpse speak. Granted, this would have to be done in secrecy. I doubt Mathilda and Wilhelm would approve."

@Tarith: Guzym hands you the money for the rubies and glances at the diamonds behind him.

"So, my lady? Do you want them or not?"

Allyzedl
2012-10-09, 02:37 PM
"I'll wait here til you come back." While waiting for the lumberjack Bishop continues to improve upon his tree house, until it is perfect and sturdy, as Bishop isn't the most balanced person.

Archmage1
2012-10-09, 02:38 PM
"I would like to look at them. They look like they would go very well with my dress, but I can't be sure until I get a better look at them. Please?"

As the phrase Please, Tarith puts on puppy dog eyes, practically begging the chance to get a closer look at the gems...
He/She pockets the money.


(in case anyone is wondering at the change of pace, she is now attempting to persuade the gnome, rather than making demands...)
bluff[roll0]
so, 1500 or 1000 gold for the two rubies?

AlanBruce
2012-10-09, 02:45 PM
@Tarith: Both rubies go for 1500 each

Guzym rolls his eyes. "Of course, lady Rafaella. Here you go. Check the fine quality. Mined from deep Khedesh. None will ever know the true value, thinking they are worth many thousands worth its price."

@Bishop: You jump back in the tree and resume your carpentry. A few minutes go by and the lumberjack returns, hailing you from below.

"Hey! Spoke to the chief! he says he can't lose coin like that unless he gets a sample from that forest! Sorry to have wasted your time. Nice house, by the way!"

Allyzedl
2012-10-09, 02:54 PM
Bishop, passing the time decides that he probably needs some furniture. So, he goes to another tree and gathers some more branches. Then begins to create furniture, a table, 4 chairs, a bed-frame, and some cabinets. He then takes puts them into his bag of holding, jumps back up to his house, puts the table, chairs, and cabinets in one room, then the bed-frame in the other.


The house has 2 rooms :)

Archmage1
2012-10-09, 02:56 PM
"Ooh, they are even nicer than I thought. A fine accompaniment to my planned outfit. How much do you want for them? I assure you, my father will pay for them."

Tarith holds up the gems, smiling, as he/she lets the sunlight shine through them. she/he then puts them on(assuming they are in some sort of setting), and looks in a mirror, posing. As she walks back to the counter, she pulls out an inkpen and a sheet of paper, and starts writing.

To the holder of this note, the gnome jeweler, the house of Miro owes _____ gold.
Signed, Rafaella Miro, and ______
"Would you like to fill in the blanks?"


Not sure if this will work, but forgery[roll0](writing in a feminine hand) I don't think there should be any modifications to the counter forger check.

NathanB1486
2012-10-09, 02:59 PM
I have asked myself the same thing multiple times since last night. Yes the body was mostly destroyed, Dantie burned it down to mostly a skeleton. Xander opens his sack, allowing Silas a chance to see the body. Dantie being affiliated with the church of Pelor I suspect he would disapprove and be unwilling to help as well. Do you know of any clerics that are unaffiliated with either church that may be willing to assist us?

AlanBruce
2012-10-09, 03:34 PM
@Tarith: "I will fill these forms out for you, lady Rafaella. The payment will be delivered to Sir Miro later tonight. Enjoy."

@Xander: Silas looks up from the dagger he's working on. "Sadly, no. None of the churches here would condone this. However, Lucian is a hextorite. He might be convinced to perform the spell."

NathanB1486
2012-10-09, 03:56 PM
Ah yes, how could i forget Lucian, seeing as it may give him answers regarding last night as well it would defiantly be worth speaking with him, would you mind if we cast the spell at the school, after hours of course.

Allyzedl
2012-10-09, 04:22 PM
Bishop then begins to make objects out of the raw branches in his bandolier. First he makes a wooden scythe out of the long curved branch, then he makes two wooden hammers, and with the last branch he makes a cane.

After he is done making them, he kicks back and enjoys a few tankards of ale, reveling in his accomplishments today. With his feet up on the table, while sitting on the chair, he pushes a little too hard and falls back, breaking a leg off the chair.

The drunken Bishop then takes out a knife from his artisan tools and carves inscriptions into his newly crafted objects. He carves the Elven word "Ama-tas" into the blade part of his scythe. Then carves the word "Left" on the handle of one of the hammers, and the word "Right" on the handle of the other.

NathanB1486
2012-10-09, 06:30 PM
As Xander and Silas are speaking, Xander puts aside the scroll he has been looking over for a moment, and pulls out the book he received from Silas.
I should take this time to give this book a more in depth look through, before a situation occurs in witch the knowledge would be useful.

The Fey Woods by Lestine C. Rarne: ”Springs said to have been blessed by Ehlonna herself, with powers of healing.” – While in the woods I should keep an eye out for such springs. I wonder if the healing magic will work outside of the woods. I should bottle some samples for further study.

“Tales speak of mighty guardians in the deeper realms of the forest.” -I wonder if Lestine had any knowledge of the guardians we are entering the woods in search of. “Mighty giants of bark and leaf, who shepherd the woods.” –Could there be treants in the woods? If so why did she not warn us of such? Or could it be something else?

After writing down his notes Xander looks up to Silas.
Would you happen to have a few empty vials i might be able to take with me? Seeing as few expeditions into the woods take place, I feel i should be prepared to take samples of some of the materials I may encounter in order to study them more in depth later on.

Bishop did you notice the post in OOC about the efficient quiver? could be a way to carry raw materials for when your current weapons break, and i still think a quiver of sticks that you carve into a variety of things would be interesting.

Archmage1
2012-10-09, 07:05 PM
"Good. We will be expecting your request for payment later tonight."

Tarith flounces out of the store, and once out of sight, enters an alley, and ends his disguise. He starts heading towards the clothier that he encountered yesterday.

Glad that is over. I hate disguises, although they are effective. Now to sell the rest of the goods.

AlanBruce
2012-10-09, 07:09 PM
@Bishop: You carve out the names for your weapons with your knife and kick back, before falling to the side. You stand up and take another tankard's worth of ale and admire the view: Truly the work of a master carpenter. The window provides a nice view of the main gate and the top of the buildings. Then, something catches your eye.

It comes from the direction of the Champion's camp. Normally, it would go unnoticed, but you are on top of a tree, giving you a slight advantage. It's a quick flash of light. It goes on, then off.

@Xander: "Of course, Xander. Take a few vials. Let us hope they can aid you on your research. I will inquire with Lucian regarding the spell. Naturally, it would have to be done here, at night, and ideally without the clergy present- that would include Dantie. I doubt Tarith would mind. Oh! come with me to the classroom proper. I wish to make an announcement."

Silas goes with you to the main classroom, where a group of young mages are assembled practice their craft. Silas claps twice to draw their attention.

"Young mages! I wish you to meet my dear colleague Xander Corillian! He will be co-teaching at the school in the fine arts of Conjuration for those willing to follow that path of the arcane. Master Xander will also be teaching an advanced course into the mystical arts of the wizard and the sorcerer - and how to best combine both. These classes will be available soon, since Master Corillian will be taking a journey. Rest assured, that these lessons will begin promptly, depending on how you score on your final exams."

The young mages look at you with much interest.

Allyzedl
2012-10-09, 07:18 PM
Bishop takes an interest in the shiny light, he runs then jumps out of the window without regard for safety. He then proceeds to look for the place where the flashing light came from.

dantiesilva
2012-10-09, 09:07 PM
With Lucians consent Dantie begins his way back to Silias's shop. Once their he walks in and looks for Xander. Xander thank Pelor I found you. You said you enjoy learning new things right? Well I am going to raise Sir Lucians brother, saying you helped us last night it is only fair that I offer the invitation to you. Dantie says as he then proceeds to rummage around his belt looking at the sacks on his belt, when he finds the one marked with Xanders name he hands it to the mage. And this is from the Duke for your work last night. Silias please let Tarith know to go to the front gate when he returns, it is where we shall be waiting. and with that Dantie looks to the two men with him. Shall we be off now? Once they are both ready he begins heading towards the front gate.

Archmage1
2012-10-09, 09:12 PM
When he reaches the clothier, Tarith heads inside, and pulls out Nerine's clothing.

"I would be interested in selling these clothes. I need the money to pay for the death of one of my friends, Cecile, the former owner of the clothes. She always wanted a fancy funeral in the woods, and I intend on giving her that. How much are you willing to give me?"

Tarith looks rather sad, but determined as he speaks. He seems almost on the edge of crying, but is bravely preventing himself from doing so.


bluff[roll0]

AlanBruce
2012-10-09, 09:27 PM
@Dantie: Silas receives the pouch from you.

"Of course, Dantie! Tarith will see this delivered should he stop by. Xander, the students already know who you are, my friend. I'm sure they'll be anxious for your return and to begin the new lessons."

@Tarith: Clementine, a local seamstress is almost in tears as she hears your tale.

"I wanted a wedding in the woods!And the bastard ran away!!! I know what it means to be hurt, sir!"

Clementine looks at the silk dresses and studies them with care.

"These are very fine garments! It almost looks like Miranda's stuff. Oh my, well... uhmm. I can give you 300 pieces of gold for the set?"

@Bishop: You land with a loud crack on the splintered debris left around the tree. Then head towards the general direction of the flash. As you approach the burnt camp, you notice that some of the structures still stand, albeit burnt. An oddity, however...

Kalyn's body is gone.

Archmage1
2012-10-09, 09:32 PM
"My dear Clementine, please, give me the chance to make my friends dream come true. Can you spare 400 for the set? They are very fine, and some of them are indeed Miranda's work..."


bluff[roll0]

AlanBruce
2012-10-09, 09:35 PM
@Tarith: Clementine looks at the clothes. Then ponders on your request.

"Very well, sir! Here's an extra one hundred. I'll make sure these dresses make your lovely Cecile proud!"

NathanB1486
2012-10-09, 09:38 PM
Xander takes five vials and puts them in his sack.
Thank you, I should be able to take a variety of samples while I am there. I will inform Tarith of our intentions when I next see him.

After Silas made his announcement to the classroom.
As Silas says, admittance into the mentioned courses will be strongly influenced by your scores. Only those truly dedicated are capable of combing the two, however if you are unable to excel in your studies then a deeper understanding of the arts will be outside your grasp.

Archmage1
2012-10-09, 09:38 PM
"Thank you for your kindness. It will not be forgotten."

Tarith takes the money, and leaves, heading for the fence.

AlanBruce
2012-10-09, 09:43 PM
@Tarith: Galenos, the local fence greets you in his shop as two of his men stand by the door to his shop in Mudstall Alley. Galenos smiles crookedly as he sees you walk in.

"Well, well, well...if it isn't Tarith the Raven. You have something for me?"

Archmage1
2012-10-09, 09:56 PM
"I do indeed. 5 items, each worthy of note. First, a bust of Pottsdorff, stolen from under his nose, should interest a collector for around 400. Second, a rather fine mirror stolen from the same location. No identifying marks, so it should sell for around 1200. Third, the armor and weapon of the highest ranking Hextorite in the city. Should be worth something to someone, even if it is just as weapon and armor. 2200 for the set. Finally, and most specially, an item straight out of legends, its legend only added to by its disappearance from the dukes' palazio the night it was due to be displayed, its mystery only surpassed by its value, an item straight out of legend, and the prize of any collection, the Mask of Wes Ja. A genuine relic of a goddess, who knows what magical powers it might reveal in the right hands. Easily worth fifteen thousand gold. Now, I know you are thinking that price is high, but consider this: You would be selling a unique relic to a collector far from here, a collector willing to pay a rather large fortune for the item in question. If you can find the right buyer, I can easily see this going for one hundred thousand gold. Sadly, I don't have the time to devote to such a search."

As Tarith mentions each object, he places each on the table in front of the fence. However, the mask, he produces with a flourish, letting it glitter in the sunlight, trying to give the illusion that the rubies are glittering with their own inner light.


So, going for an insanely high price on the mask, but I figure it is possible for a unique relic(even though it is a fake, if a random fence has that many ranks in knowledge religion...
Also, a lot of bluff checks, so I will list them here, and associate each one with a specific lie in editing.
bluff[roll0](price of the bust)
bluff[roll1](price of the mirror)
bluff[roll2](price of the weapons and armor)
bluff[roll3](Straight out of legends...)
bluff[roll4](disappearance from the palazio the night...)(not really a lie)
bluff[roll5](prize of any collection)
bluff[roll6](The mask is what it is)
bluff[roll7](relic of the goddess)
bluff[roll8](mysterious powers, hard to activate)

Sleight of hand[roll9](making the eyes glitter in the sunlight

dantiesilva
2012-10-09, 10:24 PM
As they all head towards the main gate Dantie looks around to see if he sees Tarith or Bishop on his travels, but in truth he is paying more attention to Xander and Sir Lucian then to anything else. So Xander if you do not mind me asking what is it that got you into the arts. You seem like the type that would make a fine scholar for sure, but it is always good to hear the story of what made a person who they are today, do you not agree? Perhaps once you are done, on our travels I could tell you my own story. Then looking at Lucian Dantie adds, And what was life like for you and your brother before, unforeseen circumstances happened. You seem to have been very close. Dantie says trying to get to know the two man in his traveling group that he knows the least about. After all he had traveled with Tarith and Bishop for many years and could trust either one at his back. But these two were still wild cards, and could turn on him at any moment.

[roll0] spot [roll1] listen

AlanBruce
2012-10-09, 10:24 PM
@Tarith: Galenos laughs out loud as he sees the items placed on display in front of him.

"You greedy bastard, Tarith! I can still see the blood on the armor set from the poor sucker you pried it from. The mirror is indeed quite nice, and bonus for getting it from the duke's home. The bust would get me hanged if I were to have it here, but It can always be ground up and used for something... you never know with spell casters..."

He looks at the mask of Wee Jas with some interest.

"Hmmm... a relic, you say? This could fetch me some coin, but I would first have to assess that would you claim is true, Tarith. Give me a day and I can have this properly researched, so to speak. I will pay for the other items, of course. If you leave me the mask, it will be in good hands, naturally...mine."

AlanBruce
2012-10-09, 10:35 PM
@Dantie: Lucian walks along with you and Xander as he looks at the city.

"My family is originally from Geoff. We always lead a martial lifestyle, in accordance to Hextor's teachings. My brother, Kalyn, was the oldest, and the most pious. He trained very hard every day, both as a warrior and a s priest. Quickly rising through the ranks within the order, until he was ordained a Champion of the Faith. I am devoted as well to my god's teachings, although I take a slightly different view than my brother did. I am, of course, aspiring to take his place one day as Champion, but it will be through hard training and dedication to the faith of the Scourge of Hell."

Archmage1
2012-10-09, 10:42 PM
"I don't have time to stay in the city for a day, and I think it will be unlikely that you will be able to find much on it, as it is a rather obscure piece of history, somehow managing to thread its way through history almost nu-noticed, leaving only an annotation here, a passing remark there. I can give you a couple of hours, but no more. I have rather pressing business elsewhere. However, assuming that you agree that the pricing on the other items is fair, we might as well exchange goods."


bluff[roll0](unlikely to find anything because it manages to avoid history)
and... the epic fail bluff...
Well, guess no 15 k gold for Tarith... Silly complex skill checks...
Guess i will need to go with plan b after this... persuading him that it is the story behind the item that matters to collectors, not the reality of the item.
Or I can hope for an epic fail sense motive check...
(pricing: 1600 for Tarith alone, 2200 split between Tarith and bishop)

AlanBruce
2012-10-09, 10:55 PM
@Tarith: "Damn you, Spellbane. You should've called yourself The Snake, rather than The Raven. Where is your crew, by the way? Haven't seen them in a few days. Very well. I'm not coughing up that amount of money because it's not within my purse at the moment. I can give you 10 thousand for it, no more. And... any jobs I wish done by you in the future, be ready to fly for free, raven. Now, I believe our business is concluded."

Archmage1
2012-10-09, 11:00 PM
"Acceptable, depending on the difficulty of the mission. I am hardly going to accept a suicide mission. You know full well that you can sell that mask for a fortune to the right buyer."

Tarith leaves the items, and takes the gold, and leaves, heading for Silas's school, intending to sell the remaining gems there.


Intending on selling the 3 remaining rubies, and the 2 necklaces to Silas. The 5k in gems, is that to be treated as gold, or as more items to be sold?

AlanBruce
2012-10-09, 11:10 PM
@Tarith: OOC: That is gold now, just the items you have left in your bag.

You leave Mudstall Alley and head for Silas', confident you can wrap up the remaining businesses in town before your departure. As you walk into the school. Silas greets you with dagger in hand.

"This is for you. The wand is already inserted, see? Just activate the wand within the dagger normally, with but a thought, and you should get the desired effect. Be mindful of how many charges left."

Silas then looks under his desk and produces a pouch with your name on it.

"Dantie says this is for you, from the duke. You certainly earned it. Right now, if I'm not mistaken, Dantie, Xander, and Lucian have gone off to see some matter regarding Lucian's brother, I believe."

Archmage1
2012-10-09, 11:15 PM
"Thank you. I suspect that they intend on raising Lucien's brother. Somehow, I believe that it will not be as simple as they would like. Still, there is nothing that I can do about it for now. How much do you want for the modifications to the dagger? And would you be interested in buying some rubies and a couple of necklaces? Or in selling a Ring of Blinking (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Ring_of_Blinking)?"

Tarith places the pouch in his bag, intending on looking at it later. He also removes, and re-inserts the wand from the dagger, ensuring he is able to do so quickly, if needed.

AlanBruce
2012-10-09, 11:22 PM
@Tarith: "Modifying the wand into the danger was a bit tricky, but it is done. I believe the price goes for 150 pieces of gold."

Silas looks at your wares.

"I can always use the pearls for divination purposes. The ruby I can't find any use off the top of my head right now, but I can buy them off from you. You never know when they might come in handy. You're in luck. I do have a ring of such nature."

Archmage1
2012-10-09, 11:28 PM
Tarith hands over 150 gold.

"Would you say 600 for each of the rubies is fair? You should be able to sell them to a jeweler for more. I was able to sell 2 similar rubies to a jeweler for 750 each, so they will sell for such a price. The handy dandy pearl necklaces, I would sell for 200 each. How much do you want for the ring? It is a rather expensive item, but there aren't that many who would buy such an item."


bluff[roll0](ruby)
bluff[roll1](the price of the ring)

AlanBruce
2012-10-09, 11:32 PM
@Tarith: "This is the most expensive item in my shop, Spellbane. It took me a fair amount of time to forge it. The ring would go as high as twenty seven thousand. I have yet to find anyone willing to pay that price, so I can part with it for twenty five. A fair deal, if I ever heard one. Plus I get the necklace and one ruby?"

Archmage1
2012-10-09, 11:36 PM
"Fair enough. Do you wish to purchase the other rubies, or the other necklace?"

Tarith digs through his pack, and starts pulling out gold coins, creating a fair sized mound on Sila's desk. Next, He places one ruby and one necklace on the table. Finally, he steps back, and looks at the pile sadly.

"It almost seems a shame to let it go, still, it will be worth it."

Tarith takes of the ring on his right hand, and replaces it with the ring of blinking, and activates it, just to see if it works. He pockets his ring of protection for later use.

AlanBruce
2012-10-09, 11:44 PM
@Tarith: I'll take the necklace and one of your rubies." Silas places his arm around the pile of gold and brings it towards him.

"Out one bag and into another."

Silas lets the gold fall off the edge of the table into a conveniently placed bag at the edge. You watch as the shining suns disappear into the greedy bag. Silas watches the last coin go in and takes the bag in his hand.

"I guess it's full. I do hope your travels turn out good, Spellbane. I have a feeling it won't be an easy journey."

Archmage1
2012-10-09, 11:48 PM
Tarith deactivates the ring, before talking to Silas again.

"Fair enough, here is the second necklace and one of the remaining rubies. Thanks for the ring. It may well be a lifesaver."

After trading the necklace and the ruby for 800 gold, Tarith heads to the gate, intending on waiting for the others. Along the way, Tarith looks in the pouch provided by the duke.

AlanBruce
2012-10-09, 11:55 PM
@Tarith: You open the pouch and see it sparkles with more gold. Not as much as the one you produced at Silas', but two thousand pieces of gold for your efforts the night prior. As you walk towards the main gate, you notice Dantie, Xander, and Lucian are already there.

Allyzedl
2012-10-10, 07:34 AM
Not much I can really do here, I'm not one for magic.

Bishop then heads back to his tree house, where he said that he would meet Tarith later.

NathanB1486
2012-10-10, 08:45 AM
Xander looks up from the scroll he is studying while he walks with Dantie and Lucien.
I was born to the east of here, in the country of Kingdom of Nyrond. A minor noble, at a young age my father passed, and i was adopted by my personal tutor, who took me to live at The University Temple in Rel Mord with him, That is where i grew up and first met Silas. I spent much of my younger years in the confines of the school, and still attempt to spend more time there then away, preferring to call the school my home, I already miss the solace its halls provide. But as the Headmaster had told me years ago, keeping myself locked away in the libraries is a much a crime as locking a tome of great lore away in some vault, never to be seen. So I travel when not working on a project, following the tenets set forth by Delleb himself, to acquire as much knowledge as i am able, and share that knowledge with the world.

So I'm having a few problems with my home computer, witch is causing me to be unable to use the internet reliably, until I figure out whats wrong and fix it I will be able to do few posts outside of work

Archmage1
2012-10-10, 08:45 AM
"Hello again. I have managed to make deals I intended to make, and am ready to go. Where is Bishop?"

Tarith follows them, confident that none of his lies are going to come home to roost for now.


So, the amazing time warping Tarith :smallbiggrin:

Allyzedl
2012-10-10, 08:54 AM
Bishop, sitting on the side of the roof of the tree house, overlooking the city spots Tarith and Dantie, and some people near them. He then yells at them, "TARITH, DANTIE, UP HERE!" as he screams at the two he almost falls off the roof, but manages to catch himself before he does. He then takes another drink from his decanter.

Archmage1
2012-10-10, 08:59 AM
"Hey, Bishop. Where did you get the Tree House? Are you ready to go? We are heading around past the Champion's fortress, and from there, to the Fey Woods."

Tarith shakes his head in general amazement at Bishop's antics.

Gone for a few hours, and Bishop gets drunk, and somehow managed to build a tree house... He always manages to surprise me...

Allyzedl
2012-10-10, 09:06 AM
"I built the tree house, waiting for you guys. I went to the Champion's fortress a little while ago after seeing a flash of light come from it, but we can go back and check it out again."

Bishop then jumps down from the roof of his tree house, the tree behind him shakes a little from the force of Bishop landing on the ground. He then walks over to Tarith, "Manage to sell the rest of our stuff?"

NathanB1486
2012-10-10, 09:06 AM
Xander continues sitting and working on copying his scroll, only glancing up briefly to acknowledge Tarith when he arrives. He mostly ignores Tariths conversation with the drunk in the tree and continues working.

dantiesilva
2012-10-10, 09:13 AM
As Dantie listens to both of their stories he takes into account what they were raised from. Lucians past was not that different then his own, being raised basically by the church, it could explain why he worshiped Hextor and not his brother, old family traditions do die hard after all. But Xander he was much more puzzling, from what it seemed like he was born to be a leader, yet instead he choose the path of a scholar. And to a God Dantie could not quite remember hearing about no less. And the fact that he had said he was a seeker of knowledge that could provide problems later on. After all some knowledge was hidden away for a reason, and while Dantie would want to keep it that way, Xander would want to expose it to the world and write down about it. Both very dangerous if the information would fall into the wrong hands.

As Dantie poundered this he came, with his two companions to the main gate. Once their he looked around to see if Bishop or Tarith were their. Not seeing either he looked to Sir Lucian and said I do not see the other two, but this should be a simple retrieval. If you want we can go on our own. Just then Dantie heard Tariths voice come out of no where. I have no idea where Bishop is, last I saw him he was talking to you Tarith. You to have been talking quite a bit actually, are you up to something Tarith? And what do you mean you have made some deals? Dantie says looking at Tarith questionably. Just as he is about to purse the matter more he hears Bishop screaming and turns to look. What he sees is quite astonishing saying they had only left him for only 4 hours by himself. How in Pelors name did you manage to do all that in 4 hours Bishop. It would have taken a team of men at least twice that amount of time. Why don't you come here, never know how sturdy a building is after all. Definalty one built so quickly. Dantie then holds out Bishops bag of gold and says I have money for you, from the duke.

As Bishop mentions a flash of light at the champions fortress, and how there was nothing their Dantie gets worried. Bishop could you please explain everything that happened. This is important.

Archmage1
2012-10-10, 09:14 AM
"Bishop, I did indeed. Here is your share, an even split"

Tarith hands over 1200 gold to Bishop, before turning to face the rest of the group.

"Shall we get going? I have some money from the sale of Nerine's clothing for you as well. Dantie, I was able to procure the needed diamonds."

He passes 100 gold to Dantie and Xander.

Archmage1
2012-10-10, 09:18 AM
@Dantie: Well, that was handy. Hopefully he will forget that little bit...

Allyzedl
2012-10-10, 09:20 AM
Bishop laughs at Dantie, "So funny, thinking that I am as weak as team of men combined. As for the flash, it was just a flash of light that I noticed from my tree house, when I went to figure out what it was Kayln's body was gone, but that is about it."

Bishop then drinks from his decanter again, then turns to the others around Tarith and Dantie, "Who are these people? They look like a burden."

Archmage1
2012-10-10, 09:25 AM
"Well, the fellow in somewhat old looking armor is Lucien, the leader of the Hextorites in the city, and wants to do something with Dantie, and the mage is Xander, who helped in the fight against Varian, and is willing to help us int the woods. Xander, this is Bishop, the fellow that town drunks are jealous of, and good in a fight."

Allyzedl
2012-10-10, 09:31 AM
"Lucien, your face looks familiar, like I have seen it somewhere before. But I can't remember why it seems familiar. Xander, nice to meet you, you seem quite sturdy."

This Xander fellow looks like he would be very useful in combat.....as a weapon.

Bishop tries to remember why he looks familiar, but the alcohol is affecting his ability to recall his memories.

NathanB1486
2012-10-10, 09:47 AM
Xander extends his hand to Bishop.
A pleasure to meet you sir, while i am not sure if study would be the words in witch i would use to describe myself i suppose you may have a view different than I.

dantiesilva
2012-10-10, 09:48 AM
Dantie looks to Lucian as Bishop says Kayln's body was gone. It is as I feared. Your brother is probably one of the undead now. Dam Lich. Dantie says grabbing a hold of his morningstar. Do you want to come with us Lucian into the fey woods, we may find your brothers body there, though not under his control. It is up to you. Know that I will try to bring him back for you. We have 9 days left before he is past my powers of healing, that much I know. Dantie says to him before looking at Bishop, This is the man I brought back to life last night who helped you fight the she devil. Then to Xander he asks Do you know of any spells that would produce what Bishop speaks of?

[roll0] arcane [roll1] Religion [roll2] spellcraft

Allyzedl
2012-10-10, 09:54 AM
"That's why you look familiar! You're Kayln's brother huh." Bishop then pulls Dantie to the side, out of range for the others to hear, "Why would you bring this man back to life? And on top of that, why is he following us? He already died once, seems like quite a burden as well."

Archmage1
2012-10-10, 09:57 AM
"I must agree with Bishop here. But, I suppose it is your choice. However, Lucien, you probably don't want to follow us, as it is going to be fairly dangerous, and you have duties in the city."

Don't want to share the loot with 4 others, 3 others is bad enough...

dantiesilva
2012-10-10, 09:59 AM
I brought him back to life because it was my duty. As for why he is following us I agreed to bring his brother back for trial, though if this is a good idea or not, I stand by my word. The two high priests shall be the judges. So in the end I have no blame if his brother is to be brought back and is found guilty.

Allyzedl
2012-10-10, 10:05 AM
"You are walking a fine line here Dantie, you can't bring every random person that has died back to life. You just met this random guy, whose brother tried to kill us, and decided to not only bring him back, but to also have him follow us. How is it your duty to bring him back to life? In the middle of all that is going on, now we have to be wary of him as well."

Archmage1
2012-10-10, 10:05 AM
"Seems like a really bad idea to me. The ultimate judges are the gods. If he died, then he is in their hands. If he had the full support of his god, it is unlikely we would have been able to kill him. This is a bad plan. Still, the body is missing, so no harm done. We should be able to get moving."

dantiesilva
2012-10-10, 10:07 AM
So if one of you die I should leave you where you are because it is the gods will? If it was indeed their will why would they grant us the power to bring the dead back to life? I know what fine of a line I am walking, but as you said no harm has come of this so far. Trust me.

Archmage1
2012-10-10, 10:10 AM
"I have no intentions of dying, but you are missing out on the crucial component: He was a cleric, and thus a servant of his god, and I am not. Still, stopping you would be counterproductive."

Well, if he continues to try such plans, I can always replace his diamonds with fakes. Things to buy next time we are in a town... Fake Diamonds.

Allyzedl
2012-10-10, 10:16 AM
"If I die, I think you may have bigger problems on your hands first. But I am going out on a limb here, only because it is you Dantie. You may trust him, but I will be keeping an eye on him. That other one though, doesn't look like he will be much of a threat if he turns on us, so I'm not too worried about him."


Dantie....always trying to be so high and mighty. It is going to backfire on him one of these days.

NathanB1486
2012-10-10, 10:24 AM
Xander puts aside his scroll for a moment, pulling out some blank paper he begins scrawling ideas for the bodies disappearance, trying to come up with a solution.
The first few ideas i can think of could be a simple glint off something metallic, or possibly a some type of teleportation magic would explain both the light and the lack of bodies, Bishop how much time would you say passed form the time to saw the light, till you arrived at the place it originated?

knowledge arcane [roll0]

Allyzedl
2012-10-10, 10:34 AM
"I didn't take my eyes off of it, and probably a few seconds."

NathanB1486
2012-10-10, 11:00 AM
Hmm...then i doubt it would be something as simple as a natural glint, from what i have heard the body being abducted and being used in the woods does indeed seem like the most sounds conclusion, no doubt it was someone retrieving the body to perform what ever ritual they needed at a separate location, the corpse may not be animated as of yet however and we may still find it uncorrupted if we set off soon.

Archmage1
2012-10-10, 11:01 AM
"Well, lets get moving then."

Tarith starts walking towards the forest.

dantiesilva
2012-10-10, 11:12 AM
Dantie follows both Tarith and Xander not waiting to see if Bishop and Lucian follow.

I think its time to wait for alan.

Allyzedl
2012-10-10, 11:14 AM
"Does anyone want to check out my tree house before we head out?"

It is really cool.

Archmage1
2012-10-10, 11:19 AM
"I saw it on the way out. Very impressive, considering the time you had to make it."

NathanB1486
2012-10-10, 11:42 AM
As Xander passes Bishop, he looks up at the tree house.
Have you been working with wood most your life? From here the craftsmanship looks excellent. However while we are in the woods I would suggest resisting the urge to damage any trees, I acquired a book from Silas that had some insight into what we may find in the woods, and given the amount of fey folk, and potential guardians of the woods, such actions would draw undue attention in our direction, and possibly complicate out mission.

Xander then addresses the rest of the group.
The book I spoke of, I have it on me if any of you have a interest in examining its contents. It spoke of things I would like to take samples of while we are there, that I may study the properties at a later date, I am most interested in what ever natural springs we may encounter, I read they may have extraordinary properties and would like the opportunity to confirm the statement.
Xander offers the book to anyone that wishes to look it over.

Archmage1
2012-10-10, 11:45 AM
"No thanks, I have never been much of a general reader. If we encounter some of these natural springs, I might consult the book, but I suspect you have already read it."

Allyzedl
2012-10-10, 11:47 AM
Bishop then pats Xander on the back, almost knocking him to the ground, takes a drink from his decanter and says, "Thanks, actually I just started wood working today. Guess I have a knack for it."

NathanB1486
2012-10-10, 12:24 PM
Not expecting Bishop's pat to have such force, the blow knocks the wind out of Xander for a moment. After he catches his breath again.
Tarith, I have indeed read over the book already, and will have it for reference if we find ourselves in need of it. Bishop, you do appear to have a knack for wood work, and the strength of a Elephant it seems, remind me not to find myself in your path while angry.

Archmage1
2012-10-10, 12:29 PM
Tarith shrugs at Xanders reply, and continues walking.

Allyzedl
2012-10-10, 12:30 PM
Bishop takes out his scythe, and examines his handiwork. He then looks at the inscription on it, "Beautiful wall? ****, it is supposed to say beautiful love, just had to mix up the e for an s. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, I was drunk."

Archmage1
2012-10-10, 12:37 PM
"And there, we have the source of Bishops strength, and his greatest weakness. Alcohol."

NathanB1486
2012-10-10, 12:58 PM
Ahh a drinker, I thought I had smelled it on your breath. That must be what is in the decanter then. Bishop, I hope you do not mind me asking, but how much time during a given day would you say you spend intoxicated?

Allyzedl
2012-10-10, 01:03 PM
"Well Xander, that depends on what I'm doing. I drink a lot, but the effects never last that long."

AlanBruce
2012-10-10, 01:04 PM
@Xander: You ponder on what could've been used on Kalyn's body. The flash Bishop mentioned. Given the brief flash and disappearance of the body from the site, it would seem some sort of teleportation spell may have been used. As for the intent of the body, that could be anyone's guess.

@Dantie: You meet at the north gate with everyone and admire Bishop's handiwork, as well as learn Kalyn's fate as well as exchange ideologies with your comrades. Lucian hears the most relevant part of the tale and announces.

"It would seem that this will require further investigation. Dantie, I thank you for your efforts. I will be returning to Geoff and arrange for an investigative council to look into this matter. May the gods smile upon your travels."

He addresses you and Xander with a military salute, clicking his heels together sharply, makes an about face, and heads back to the city.

Allyzedl
2012-10-10, 01:06 PM
"Well we got rid of him, let's head to the woods."

Archmage1
2012-10-10, 01:11 PM
"Yep. Hopefully, we will run into a guide before too long. I don't know too much about the forests. I tend to find the opportunities of a city much more interesting."

Tarith heads towards the fey woods

NathanB1486
2012-10-10, 01:21 PM
A guide would be nice, I know a fair amount about forests, however navigating through one is not a skill i excel in.

Bishop, I trust you know of the potential negative effects imbibing large amounts of alcohol over a extended period of time may have on the body? Is there something in particular witch has made to decide to spend so much time in a drunken haze? Or simply love of the beverage?

Allyzedl
2012-10-10, 01:25 PM
"Yes, I am no dwarf. I drink for a purpose, like most, to forget." Bishop then drinks a large amount from his decanter, looks down at the ground, reflects for a second, then looks back up and drinks again from his decanter, while heading into the Fey Woods with the others.

NathanB1486
2012-10-10, 01:51 PM
Forget? I assume this is a single moment in your life you are trying to forget, but is drinking away years of what you have learned the best route in witch to do that? Surely there must be a better way. Have you considered chronicling the events so you can puzzle out what led to the unfortunate outcome and the best way in witch to ensure history does not repeat itself?

Bishop didn't seem to big on chatting about it, but Xander being a little to naive to pick it up, or realize it might be a touchy subject likes to ask questions, and isn't paying enough attention to think it would bother Bishop at all due to being distracted with his reading. Should I start handing you objects to hit things with before Xander ends up making Bishop angry or soemthing?

Allyzedl
2012-10-10, 01:57 PM
"Trust me, it won't happen again. It couldn't.... Drinking allows me to numb the pain, even if it is only a temporary cure it still helps."



Bishop doesn't think much of himself, he is pretty relaxed if anyone confronts him directly, as he doesn't really care that much about what happens to him. The only thing that will anger him is insulting things that he holds dear, and don't try to steal his decanter.

NathanB1486
2012-10-10, 02:12 PM
If the event troubles you so, why have you not simply paid to have the memory removed from your mind, the loss of one memory seems a lesser evil than muddying the accumulated memories of a life time.

I was mainly talking about opening old wounds in the unpredictable drunk Xander just met, Xander only casually drinks and tries to get no drunker than a buzz from time to time, so your decanter will be safe.

Tarith I could see trying to sell it if we meet a rich parched dwarf however, but he may get penalties to trying to bluff you into thinking his water skin is really your decanter.

Allyzedl
2012-10-10, 02:21 PM
"I would never want to forget her." Bishop continues drinking heavily as he remembers Lea.

Archmage1
2012-10-10, 02:29 PM
"The past should remain the past. Better for everyone that way. Riches lost and gained, Loves gained and lost, revenge sought, and denied, there seems to be little reason to hold to the past, or plan for the future. Live in the now, not the was, or the future."

Allyzedl
2012-10-10, 02:34 PM
Bishop is now having a difficult time comprehending the words that Tarith is saying. He instead starts fiddling about with his scythe. He rapidly spins the scythe in circles around his body, throws it up in the air as it spins, catches it like a experienced scythe wielder, then trips over a tree root that he didn't notice.

Archmage1
2012-10-10, 02:39 PM
Tarith swiftly moves in, and catches the scythe, as a distraction for his pickpocketing.


Tarith borrows the flask... Should be interesting...
He also replaces it with his flask.
sleight of hand[roll0]


"Bishop, walking into unknown territory drunk is not a good plan."

NathanB1486
2012-10-10, 02:41 PM
But Tarith, does that statement not oppose our current actions? We are after all entering a area long ago sealed and forgotten, in order to uncover its secrets. And surely one such as yourself knows the benefits of planning ones actions ahead of time.
Xander simply raises a eyebrow at Bishop and Tarith's maneuvers.

Archmage1
2012-10-10, 02:45 PM
"Nah... We are investigating it because there are odd happenings, and it seems to be part of some sort of greater plan. The history is irrelevant. As far as planning goes, in order to make a good plan, you need information, which usually means you need to gather that information. But, if you are in a position to gather the info, you can just do what you came there to do in the first place. Or just go in with items for contingencies, and save yourself a lot of effort. Besides, so far, I have been lucky, and just skilled enough to succeed."

NathanB1486
2012-10-10, 03:18 PM
I suppose your method seems sound enough, and has seemed to work well for you so far, I however believe i would miss the research and study involved in devising a well planned course of action, and there are many other ways in witch one can gain the information needed with out putting yourself in harms way.

this is my last post for a bit, got a dentist appointment so i will be drugged up for awhile, and need to work with my internet a bit tonight, ill try and get a few more posts later tonight, if i end up having to use my cellphone then the posts may lack formatting and proof reading, but i can pretty them up in the morning.

Archmage1
2012-10-10, 03:20 PM
Tarith nods, and continues walking.

AlanBruce
2012-10-10, 05:09 PM
@The Party. You walk through the city and take a good look at its landmarks. Dantie, you can only hope Rosalind is doing well and by the time you return, she may surprise by being a neophyte no more, but a worthy successor to Wilhelm himself. Xander, as you walk through the busy streets, you see a few of your soon to be students walk past and bow in reverence. Surely, this city may yet to learn the true arts your teachings have to unveil. Tarith, you see the Wench in the distance and can only imagine Bill and Oliver planning their next heist, and Otis sweating profusely as he tries to cover up any messes they may do. Bishop, you can only hope, for anyones sake, that your house is unattended by the time you come back. You finally reach the southern gate. The guards open the doors solemnly and without a word. They have learnt not to ask questions anymore to those who wish to wander in there. The gate closes behind you and a dirt road leads towards an enormous forest. There is no entrance per se, but the road leads towards an opening between the trees. The sounds of the city are gradually dimmed as you venture into the woods.

This forest is vast. The huge trees reach up to the sky and battle in a war of branches and leaves, blocking out the sun, leaving but scarce light rays that manage to seep through. Flowers in full bloom, despite the time of year, spring around you, with a palette of colors yet to be matched by any artist. The entire place holds an eerie aura. You feel like you do not belong here, a place untarnished by mortals indeed. As you walk through the woods, you can feel presences watching you. A quick shadow here, a rustling of leaves over there, but no one to greet. Oddly enough, no animals can be heard in this place.

Then, you see it, broken by some tremendous force. An old statue covered in dried up roots and withered vines. The statue is made of stone, a crude carved slab. The statue depicts what looks to be like a woman, hard to tell the exact features, but looks like she bears robes. An inscription has been chiseled into the stone. The area around it has patches of sand, which trail into different directions and get lost in the woods.

Archmage1
2012-10-10, 06:45 PM
I wonder what the inscription reads.

Tarith moves up to get a better look at the inscription.

NathanB1486
2012-10-10, 07:43 PM
There are no animals...the lich you mentioned must have them ill at ease.

When they reach the statue, Xander pulls out "The Fey Woods"
The book speaks of Ehlonna having blessed the springs i spoke of earlier, this may be a depiction of the goddess herself, possibly a shrine to her, clearly long neglected.

Knowledge Religion [roll0] Knowledge Nature [roll1]

Tarith, what does the inscription say? Do any of you know what all this sand is here for?

After Tarith is done, Xander looks at the inscription anyway.

I couldn't remember if Tarith told Xander the lich used sand or if he just said it was a lich.

AlanBruce
2012-10-10, 07:58 PM
OOC. I assume one of you has Sylvan as a language

@Xander & Tarith. You get a closer look at the inscription on the broken statue. The statue itself is no bigger in size than a full grown man, probably used as a marker or decor around the forest. This is what it reads.


Arrallae the Shining One

Smile Upon Your Most Sacred Guardian

Light my Blade Upon thy Enemies

That I will forever Prowl your Garden

Archmage1
2012-10-10, 08:03 PM
As Tarith reads the inscription in sylvan, Tarith translates it into common for his less linguistically gifted companions.
"Well, this inscription is horribly wrong now. Bailon, the guardian, betrayed his trust, and is now attacking the forest. The sand is probably from that lich, he seems to desiccate the area around him. I suppose we might as well pick one of these trails, and follow it. Still, I wonder why they seem to come here so often."

Tarith casts detect magic, and searches the area near the statue for items mundane and magical.

search[roll0]

AlanBruce
2012-10-10, 08:10 PM
@Tarith. You search the area around the broken marker. There was magical activity here, not long ago. Necromancy was involved, but of what nature, difficult to tell. Rummaging through the sand left, you find a small signet ring. This ring was commissioned a few months back and made specifically to have the desired motif engraved on it - A Raven's head.

This ring belonged to Cecile.

There are currently five trails of sand going in different directions into the forest. Deeper in, a growl echoes through the woods. Unnatural in nature.

Archmage1
2012-10-10, 08:16 PM
"Well, my friend was here, and she lost a ring. Well, I think we have a direction. Time to head to the growl."

Tarith activates his ring, and starts moving stealthily as he heads down the trail that seems to head towards the growl.

AlanBruce
2012-10-10, 08:27 PM
@Tarith. You activate your ring and follow one of the trails, hopeful to lead towards the growl and, ideally, Cecile.

You may roll a Survival check DC 15 to find the right track leading to the growl

NathanB1486
2012-10-10, 08:28 PM
Xander casts invisibility on himself and follows Tarith.

AlanBruce
2012-10-10, 08:45 PM
@The Party. You follow Tarith as Xander disappears from view. You trek for about twenty minutes through the undergrowth when you come across a blasted clearing and a disturbing sight.

A family of black bears lie strewn around the area. Their bodies have apparently been punched to death and their fur is now shriveled and almost gone. Their skin has lost all moisture and appears dessicated. Amidst the slaughter stand three humanoid figures. Their skin is gray and dry, cracked even. Their faces twisted into a perpetual expression of rage. They are wearing tattered white robes very similar to those the pilgrims wore at the city. The creatures spot you from forty feet away and growl as they begin to approach you, making cracking sounds as they move.

Archmage1
2012-10-10, 09:31 PM
Tarith, moving quietly, sneaks past them, and attacks the back two, striking simultaneously.


so here are my hide and move silently rolls
[roll0] hide
[roll1] move silently
Going with a simultaneous strike, attacking the one on the left with the dagger, and the one on the right with the bastard sword. Also casting Gravestrike from the wand.
Miss chance 1-20
Enemies should be flat footed, as they are not aware of Tarith.
bastard sword attacks
attack[roll2] damage[roll3] SA[roll4] miss chance[roll5]
attack[roll6] damage[roll7] SA[roll8] miss chance[roll9]
Dagger attacks(min damage 1)
attack[roll10] damage[roll11] SA[roll12] miss chance[roll13]
attack[roll14] damage[roll15] SA[roll16] miss chance[roll17]

dantiesilva
2012-10-10, 09:35 PM
Sorry everyone can only be here for certain times during the day.

Dantie follows the others into the woods. Once they get to the statue he looks around the area to see if he can tell which path is the most recent.

[roll0] Survival

As he follows Tarith Dantie pulls out his holy symbol and holds his morningstar in the other hand. As he sees the three bodies he quickly begins chanting.

[roll1] Initiative [roll2] Turn undead [roll3] Knowledge religion, [roll4] Arcane [roll5] history, [roll6] the planes Turn check results makes anything undead with 15HD or less be destroyed within 60ft. of us.

Allyzedl
2012-10-10, 09:40 PM
Bishop takes the scythe back from Tarith, and drinks from his decanter. Upon finding it empty after just a sip he crushes the flask. Stops walking, and looks around at everyone, then yells, "WHO TOOK MY DECANTER???"

Archmage1
2012-10-10, 09:51 PM
After attacking the Zombies, Tarith looks up, and faces Bishop
"Now is probably not the time to find it if you misplaced it. Perhaps we can look for it after the zombies are dead?"

Somehow, I think this is going to be interesting

Allyzedl
2012-10-10, 09:55 PM
Bishop continues yelling, "I DON'T CARE ABOUT ZOMBIES, AND I DON'T MISPLACE MY DECANTER! NOW WHO TOOK IT?" Bishop fills with rage, and refuses to listen to Tarith anymore after his ridiculous claim.

Archmage1
2012-10-10, 09:59 PM
"You have misplaced it before. Remember that time in that tavern... What was it called... Well, you were so drink, you were trying to pick up the tavern, and the guards and the barkeep were all trying to stop you, but you just kept on trying. In the end, you passed out. You did not wake up for two days... You might not remember that... But you have been drinking for several hours so far. You might have misplaced it somewhere."


bluff[roll0]
hoping for some sort of bonus for the awesome story
Oy... You added that last bit in after I hit reply...

Allyzedl
2012-10-10, 10:13 PM
Bishop calms down a little, enough to realize that he can probably buy another one in town. However, it will never be the same.

Bishop then begins walking back the way he came, headed towards town, leaving the others to fend for themselves. He heads back to Silas' magic shop.

Archmage1
2012-10-10, 10:19 PM
"BISHOP, do you want to know where your Decanter is, then listen: Xander was prodding you about your past, and you were getting rather... Morose, and acting like an idiot, so I borrowed it to get you to sober up a bit. You were pretty drunk not to notice that one, and you kept on drinking water for hours without noticing, so I would say it was worth it..."

AlanBruce
2012-10-10, 10:21 PM
@Dantie. You see the three dessicated humanoids walking towards you and learn the following.

These are salt mummies. A rare type of undead uncommon in these lands. They are created through an ancient mummification rite. These intelligent undead have the ability to draw moisture from living creatures through mere touch.

Initiative for the salt mummies.

salt mummy 1 [roll0]

salt mummy 2 [roll1]

salt mummy 3 [roll2]

dantiesilva
2012-10-10, 10:23 PM
Alan you are missing the big bang of their death.

Allyzedl
2012-10-10, 10:29 PM
Bishop sees Tarith holding the decanter. He rips it out of Tarith's hand, then punches him in the face, then drinks from the decanter as he continues walking past Tarith.


Atk roll (punch):
[roll0]
Damage roll:
[roll1]

added something wrong, atk is actually 9 less, making it 32

Archmage1
2012-10-10, 10:33 PM
Bishop, Tarith is Blinking, so you get a 50% miss chance. 1-50 miss...
[roll0]
Also, Tarith is behind the mummies, so you just ate 3 AAO's as well...
He might even still be hiding, depending on order of actions...

Allyzedl
2012-10-10, 10:35 PM
If Bishop doesn't see the decanter, he would have kept walking towards town, since he has been ignoring Tarith.

AlanBruce
2012-10-10, 10:58 PM
@The Party. Dantie sees the dessicated beasts and raises his holy symbol, which catches one of the sun rays coming from above the canopy and directs it at the area where the mummies are. One of them begins to shine light through its cracked body, turns around to see his comrades, growls and explodes in chunks of salt and dust. The other two growl in pain as Tarith sticks a dagger in their flanks, but is cut short of his victory as Bishop punches him in return. The mummies make their moves.

Mummy 1 to Bishop (AoO) [roll0] if it hits, [roll1]

Mummy 2 to Bishop (AoO) [roll2] if it hits, [roll3]

After that, one of the mummies attempts to slam Tarith

Mummy 1 [roll4] miss chance [roll5] if it hits, [roll6]

The other monster attempts to smack Bishop

Mummy 2 [roll7] if it hits, [roll8]

Archmage1
2012-10-10, 11:03 PM
Tarith deftly evades the mummy's attack, seeing it go whizzing past him

Allyzedl
2012-10-10, 11:07 PM
Bishop drinks from his decanter two more times.

Fortitude save:
[roll0]

Archmage1
2012-10-10, 11:23 PM
"You know, Bishop, that really wasn't very nice... I was trying to help you."

As he is speaking, Tarith is turning to the mummy that attacked him, and is returning the favor, slicing deeply into it, always striking where it least expects him to.


Love blink, it means free sneak attacks, although here, Tarith will also be getting flanking benefits...
If the mummy dies, and Tarith still has attacks left, transfer the remaining attacks to the other mummy.

on a 20 or less, Tarith misses, min damage on the dagger is a 1

bastard sword[roll0] miss[roll1] damage[roll2] sa[roll3]
bastard sword[roll4] miss[roll5] damage[roll6] sa[roll7]
Dagger[roll8] miss[roll9] damage[roll10] sa[roll11]
Dagger[roll12] miss[roll13] damage[roll14] sa[roll15]

AlanBruce
2012-10-10, 11:38 PM
@Tarith. You strike true and the mummy growls in pain and anger...but is not out of the battle yet. It attempts to hit you again.

Mummy 1 [roll0] miss chance [roll1] if it hits, [roll2] and a DC 19 Fortitude or an extra [roll3] dessication damage

@Bishop. You take a few drinks from your decanter and the mummy takes his chance at you.

Mummy 2 [roll4] if it hits [roll5] and a DC 19 Fortitude or an extra [roll6] dessication damage

Allyzedl
2012-10-10, 11:46 PM
Bishop re-selects his target as the mummy attacking him then moves 60 ft. away from the mummies, then drinks from his decanter.

AlanBruce
2012-10-10, 11:58 PM
@Dantie. You raise your holy symbol again and intone the old teachings of Pelor. The mummies growl at your words and, like their brother earlier, find themselves lighting up from within. You watch as Bishop and Tarith are both covered in salt and dust as the mummies are utterly destroyed.

dantiesilva
2012-10-11, 08:21 AM
As the last enemy falls to Pelor's holy words Dantie looks to the group. I believe it is time to cast spells. Can everyone get close? Dantie says as he begins taking out all the materials he needs to cast the haste spell, once ready, and everyone is in position he cast the spell and then follows it up with a permanency spell.

Alan I need a number of XP for the spell to become Permanent. Looking at magic fang greater, I would price it at 1,500xp. But in the end comes down to you, Every this is now what you gain to your character sheet, I suggest you put the information under the additional info bar so you know where the bonus comes from.
When making a full attack action, a hasted creature may make one extra attack with any weapon he is holding. The attack is made using the creature’s full base attack bonus, plus any modifiers appropriate to the situation. (This effect is not cumulative with similar effects, such as that provided by a weapon of speed, nor does it actually grant an extra action, so you can’t use it to cast a second spell or otherwise take a extra action in the round.) A hasted creature gains a +1 bonus on attack rolls and a +1 dodge bonus to AC and Reflex saves. Any condition that makes you lose your Dexterity bonus to Armor Class (if any) also makes you lose dodge bonuses. All of the hasted creature’s modes of movement (including land movement, burrow, climb, fly, and swim) increase by 30 feet, to a maximum of twice the subject’s normal speed using that form of movement. This increase counts as an enhancement bonus, and it affects the creature’s jumping distance as normal for increased speed.

Once the spell is cast Dantie holds his hand out holding onto a tree for support as he feels the energy leave him. Slowly he begins to take a drink from his water skin, trying to regain his strength. Well that was something. Dantie says trying to laugh. So did you find anything Tarith? Dantie asks as he looks around and listens to see if he hears anything around them.

[roll0] Spot [roll1] Listen [roll2] Survival (never know we may need that roll for something.

It seems like our friend the lich has been busy, its good to know that these creatures are not as powerful as him and that Pelors light can still destroy them. Dantie says as he finally regains his strength.

NathanB1486
2012-10-11, 09:22 AM
After the battle.
So this lich has power over sand, and the ability to grant like power to its creations. That may explain the multiple trails from the marker, most creatures when turned undead lose most of the cognitive functions, possibly the marker could be used simply help ensure the lich's spawns do not get lost when then are sent out on a task. Did you notice that the inscription only spoke of a single guardian, I wonder if the marker predates the existence of this goddess.

Bishop, I must apologize for prying, I had not realized i stumbled into a touchy subject. Allow me to make amends by bolstering your defenses. I also have a spell prepared that will allow as many of us as I choose to double in size, granting all the benefits and drawbacks one would expect. And Tarith, I have that same spell I spoke of at the ball, allowing instant mental communication between the four of us, I will hold off on both spells however until such a time as it appears we will need it.

Xander casts mage armor on Bishop and himself. The other spells I mentioned were Enlarge Person(Chain), and Telekinesis.

Archmage1
2012-10-11, 09:24 AM
"Still looking. This does remind me. I brought a new ring in town, and so, have a spare ring of protection +1. Does anyone else want it? And Xander, I would prefer to remain my own size. My strength in combat is not my strength, it is my speed."

Tarith is still searching the remains(36 search)

AlanBruce
2012-10-12, 01:55 AM
********

In a cabin in the fey woods, deeper into the forest...

Kazym paces back and forth inside the cabin as Old Balion is sitting down on a rustic wooden table, scribbling notes on an old, brown ledger, his attention is completely focused on his writing, ignoring the lich and his two salt mummy attendants. Both whoch wear black, tattered cloaks and leather armor.

"How much longer must we wait, Guardian? Time is of the essence." Kazym looks at the grime covered druid in disgust, but is reminded of why he must be with him, and as such, sweetens his words (a most difficult feat, given his dry, hollow voice).

"Think about how you have been denied time with her, Ferocious Balion. Would you want Jacob to take all the glory and merit for him being the guardian?"

Old Balion, breaks his quill as the lich ends his sentence and looks up at him with wide eyes, then stands up and rushes towards the lich. Kazym, makes a grim face and prepares to bring upon the druid a fate worse than death, but the druid simply rushes past him, nearly knocking him to the side and steps out into the clearing which has a good amount of salt mummies prowling aroud the area. Looking at his surroundings, a breeze flies by and Balion takes a whiff.

"We have guests- of the living kind, not yours. Hmmm... you seem to have been followed, sand caster. I also percieve the scent of your followers where these strangers stood. Sand and dust, dissolved and carried by the winds. No mere pilgrims."

Kazym steps outside and looks around. "Odd. I came in here with these two initially. I made sure nobody followed me. Are they a threat to be considered?" Kazym smiles internally at the thought.

"Maybe, maybe not. If they are here, maybe they are after her. I cannot let that happen."

Balion kneels and places his hand on the ground, speaking in a secret language.

"She chose me to be her finest guardian, sand caster. These woods are mine. I know every inch in this place. Wherever they go, I will know. Such is the blessing of Arrallae."

"Then truly your goddess is one I must meet, Old Balion, but, most importantly, one you must be reunited with. Time to for the wronged to be rewarded, old friend."

Old Balion keeps his back turned to the lich and takes out a whistle made of bone. As he blows it, it produces no sound. A few seconds later, a huge skeletal wolf-like creature comes into view, quite stealthy, despite its size.

"Aluserk, my faithful companion, even in death. We ride for the Swan, but first, I must set some deterrents for our guests. Can you keep up Kazym?"

The Seneschal frowns as the druid rides his skeletal mount and bids his mummies to follow suit. He turns around and sees Cecile and Basil are standing idly by, growling at the sky. Kazym walks up to Cecile and smacks her swiftly, knocking the mummy to the ground.

"Stupid girl. Don't stand idly by! Now catch up with the rest!."

He then uncorks a decanter and let's sand flow from it, much like Bishop's. From the sand, three monstrous giants take form, composed of arid sand and gravel.


*********




@Tarith: You notice that one of the mummies left behind a small pocket journal. Most likely tugged into one of the robe's pockets. These are the later entries, in Common.

We met a priest in the city who tried to convince us to abandon our pilgrimage. Although I can understand where he's coming from, we need to find the Goddess. She is a boon on Oerth and I think we should all bask in her glory. I was never a pious man, but in a world with monsters, supernatural horrors, and nightmares from beyond the grave, why can't there be someone like her?


We have been in the forest for a day already. And already I have lost half the group I was leading in. We managed to hide or outrun some of them, but the others, they fell to the creatures. Why were they wearing our robes? It is dark now and we have barely managed to light a fire and set up camp. My daughter says there is a man coming in from the west, not too far away. Maybe a straggler? The more the merrier, I guess. Goddess, may you guide us tonight safely.

@Dantie: You survey the area and notice, apart from the sand trails which become thinner as they divide into the wilderness, one path that does not have a sand trail, but instead a few lights, much like fireflies, buzzing around in place. After you see them, they begin to move farther away, but not at a striking speed, just casually separating and buzzing around silently.

dantiesilva
2012-10-12, 07:39 AM
As Dantie takes in his surroundings he notices that though the sand paths eventually get smaller, that their seems to be something in the woods, for where no path of sand stays is a small line of fireflies. Not to take this without letting the others know Dantie calls out to them, I think these creatures are trying to show us something. Look. Dantie says as he watches them start to fly away, but never to fast so that their light would be gone. I think they are showing us the way we need to go. Though to do what I am not sure. Dantie says wishing Angelis was here with them right now. At least then it would be easier on everyone to get through these woods.

[roll0] Listen [roll1] Spot [roll2] Survival

Archmage1
2012-10-12, 08:24 AM
"Well, it takes us deeper into the woods, so good enough for me. Looks like the pilgrims are being turned into these sand creatures, which is bad news. There are probably a lot more, and a lot more could be a serious challenge. Bishop, you took a few hits there. Are you good to go?"

Looks like Cecile and Basil were probably turned into undead, but why? If there were so many pilgrims, it is unlikely that they would be needed, so perhaps that attack in the city was the start of events here as well.

Tarith pauses for a moment, looking around, before heading down the path that Dantie mentioned, keeping out of sight as much as he can.


So, Tarith will leave a readied action in place to activate the ring if enemies are spotted.
spot[roll0]
listen[roll1]
hide[roll2]
move silently[roll3]

Allyzedl
2012-10-12, 08:30 AM
"Yeah, I'll be fine."

Bishop then takes out a chain from his backpack. He ties the chain around his decanter with all his strength. Then wraps the other end of the chain around his right arm, several times over so to not lose his decanter or have it stolen again. He then drinks from his decanter and takes out his scythe with his other hand.

NathanB1486
2012-10-12, 09:04 AM
Xander follow follows the group, taking a moment to study the lights.

Knowledge arcana [roll0] Knowledge nature [roll1]

dantiesilva
2012-10-12, 09:13 AM
Dantie seeing everyone agrees with him, follows the lights to wherever it is they will lead.

AlanBruce
2012-10-12, 01:15 PM
@Dantie: You head into the direction the fireflies are circling about, as you push through the undergrowth, you notice the area is filled with flowers and moss covered roots. The fireflies spark with different colors and you see one has landed with a buzzing sound onto your shoulder. You turn your head to look at the bug, but this is no insect.

On your shoulder stands what appears to be a very, very small elf, of most slender and lithe design. She appears to be nude, with golden eyes and green skin. Faceted wings, like a dragon fly turn on their own accord. Buzzing one second, still the next. The creature seems to be saying something to you, but it's so small, that you can barely make out what it's saying, just a high-pitched screech into your ear.

@Tarith: You hide and walk beside the group, at a decent distance, certainly, so as to not stumble or brush against them and blow your cover, but close enough to strike anyone attacking them or pocket one of Bishop's wooden weapons with ease.

Hide [roll0]

Listen [roll1]

Spot [roll2]

You do see a group of no more than four or six of the glowing bugs circling around. One has landed on Dantie's shoulder.

@Bishop: The effects from the alcohol are wearing off slowly already, but the mind seems to play tricks on you as these fire flies buzzing around Dantie seem to concoct a most dazzling pattern of color.

Hey

A voice whispers into your left ear, but no one is there.

@Xander: You approach Dantie and take a good look at the creature on his shoulder and the few flying around. You have read about these creatures, but something is odd.

These are Shimmerlings. A very small fey race that would inhabit locales such as these. Normally, they would feed off pollen and individually they are no threat. Strangely enough, they are not only known as Shimmerlings.

The book calls them a Shimmerling Swarm.

Archmage1
2012-10-12, 01:29 PM
Somehow, I think this may turn nasty...

Tarith continues observing events, but he does activate his ring.

Allyzedl
2012-10-12, 02:42 PM
Bishop holds his position, with his scythe in one hand and his decanter in the other. Preparing for the worst, drinks two tankards worth of ale from his decanter. Then yells, "Who is there? Show yourself, or else..."

AlanBruce
2012-10-12, 03:05 PM
@Bishop: The first whisper came from the left. Now you hear a whisper from your right as a few leaves are carried by a gentle wind and circle around you then fly upwards. The voice appears feminine and carries a jesting tone in her words.

Big, strong man... what will you do?


@Tarith: Although you can see no more than the glowbugs flying around Dantie. You can hear the creature on his shoulder speak. A familiar language, but it´s too high-pitched to make anything out of it at the distance you're in. Perhaps if you stood next to the priest and leaned over, you might make a better sense of what it says.

Allyzedl
2012-10-12, 03:11 PM
Bishop then drinks 2 more tankards worth of ale from his decanter and replies, "I am not in the mood to be messed with right now. Show yourself and I might not kill you."

Archmage1
2012-10-12, 03:13 PM
Tarith sneaks up more closely to Dantie, so that he can hear what is being said.


Blinking grants concealment, so can hide :)
as an added benefit, they need to spend actions to search again :)

AlanBruce
2012-10-12, 03:25 PM
@Bishop: You hear giggling coming from the trees around you.

We have been here all along

You dart your eyes around, and seem to catch a glimpse of a form right next to you. Can't exactly tell what it is, but it's a flash of brown and green, then it vanishes.

Allyzedl
2012-10-12, 03:27 PM
Bishop drinks from his decanter, 2 times again. "Ah, I see, the trees are talking, that makes complete sense."

He then thinks to himself, "I wonder if a weapon is made from a talking tree, would the weapon then be able to talk."

AlanBruce
2012-10-12, 05:49 PM
@The Party: The flowers around burst in a flash of bright dazzling colors, enveloping al of you, revealing themselves not as flowers, but as a conflagration of minuscule elfin creatures that swirl around you, pull at your hair, bite your eyelids, fingers, and lips and sneak in and out of your armor, nose and ears. The sudden flash of light illuminates the entire area within 60ft. of multicolored hues of light, akin to the sun, should it one day become a rainbow.

Damage: [roll0] to everyone in the area, visible or not. Everyone within the 10ft. radius is automatically dazzled, taking a -1 to attack, search, and spot checks. Everyone roll a DC 15 Fortitude save to avoid their Distraction ability, which may leave targets nauseated, and casters at a further disadvantage if casting spells.

Initiative: [roll1]

As the creatures envelop you, you see that where the flowers stood, lie the remains of a a desiccated pilgrim, apparently bitten to death.

Archmage1
2012-10-12, 06:03 PM
(Speaking as a free action)
"I have a solution, although it will hurt. A lot. If anyone else has an idea, now would be the time to mention it."

(Speaking in sylvan)
"We are no threat to you. In fact, we intend on saving this forest from its attackers."


if only this was a bluff...
[roll0]diplomacy
[roll1] bluff(first part)

AlanBruce
2012-10-12, 06:17 PM
@Tarith: As the swarm envelops all of you, the elfin creatures speak as one voice, making it far clearer now.

"Despoilers! You walk with the shroud! You walk with the shroud!"

Archmage1
2012-10-12, 06:18 PM
"No, we are not allied with the undead. We destroy them on sight. If you doubt my word, look back in the valley, where we destroyed 3 of the mummies."

AlanBruce
2012-10-12, 06:20 PM
@Tarith: (In sylvan, heard from the trees)

"If what you claim is true, are you willing to stand before us?"

Archmage1
2012-10-12, 06:21 PM
"Certainly. Will you please stop attacking us?"

AlanBruce
2012-10-12, 06:33 PM
@The Party: (In Sylvan) "Release your grip, brothers and sisters. These are not with the shroud. Fly away, for now."

The swarm disengages and flies upwards into the canopy, extinguishing its light and disappearing completely amongst the leaves as they scatter.

A female emerges from a large tree a few feet behind you. Her hair is autumn colors and bears twigs caught up in its curls. Her eyes are a deep amber and her tanned skin reminds you of fine mahogany wood. Her features are sharp and wild, similar to Nerine's, in a way, but lacking that psychotic look she had during fights. The woman dresses in loose green garments made of leaves and and a brooch made of chiseled bark.

"I am Uwellyn, of the Eastern Coven. If you are here to fight off this blight, then come with me, that you may be properly assessed for your trespass."

Archmage1
2012-10-12, 06:36 PM
"All right. Talking is usually preferable to being blown up."

Hopefully, we can drop the right name, and get some useful information, such as where Basil and Cecile's bodies are. Perhaps Steiner, or mention that we killed Varian and fought Nerine...

AlanBruce
2012-10-12, 06:45 PM
@The Party: Uwellyn whistles and a blue jay lands on her hand. She seems to speak with the bird and this one flies off to the west.

"We have a trek before us. Normally, I'd just use the trees to get where we are going, but I doubt you have that ability? Who are you four. Yes, I saw one of you vanish earlier."

Archmage1
2012-10-12, 06:47 PM
"My name is Tarith, fair lady."

Tarith bows.

AlanBruce
2012-10-12, 08:42 PM
@Tarith: As you are traversing the forest, growls can be heard off in the distance.

"Our forest is slowly falling into decay. What was once a lush, verdant world is now being thoroughly poisoned by The Guardian and this shade of salt. A shame that Old Balion would consort with the unliving."

Archmage1
2012-10-12, 08:45 PM
"We have also encountered this salt lich before, in Justcrown. We fled, as we were in no position to beat him at that time. A second confrontation would be a bit... different."

I wonder if she is related to Nerine. She does look like her.

dantiesilva
2012-10-13, 12:01 AM
Dam work, ruins all my fun and Tarith gets all the glory Xd just playing my friend. [roll0] Fortitude save lets hope this passes.

Once the attack is called off from Tariths diplomacy Dantie looks to him and says Now isn't it easier to tell the truth. Imagine what would have happened if you had lied to them. Then Dantie thinks to himself that this lady looks much like the elven woman they had meet ealier that Bishop had been with. What was it she had said... We were told to tell you that we had been sent here by the western coven. Dantie says, then trying to remember the name Dantie calls out to Xander Do you remember the name we are suppose to tell the eastern coven. After all that has happened I truthfully do not. Then turnign back to the creature who is leading them as they walk Dantie asks, What has happened in your woods my lady? They seem fine from outside, and if not for those reached undead we had ran into earlier I would not have noticed that their was anything wrong here.

Dantie is not trying to lie, he really is bad with names unless they have something to deal with religion or some such thing. [roll1] spot [roll2] listen [roll3] survival [roll4] arcane [roll5] history (to learn what he can about the woods, [roll6] religion (never know something could have happened in hear besides the goddess)

AlanBruce
2012-10-13, 02:07 AM
@Dantie: You are walking a few steps behind Uwellyn as she makes a remark on the forest and its Guardian. This is what you gather:

- The Fey Woods is an old, very old place. The Forest used to be much bigger, but centuries of civilization have reduced it in size to a few hundred miles. You once read that this forest predated all known lands in the region, even. Bringing settlers from as far away as Furyondy, Geoff, Veluna and even Iuz to settle here. Alas, fey resistance proved too strong and a truce was established between the early settlers and the fey for a small patch of land. Today that patch is known as Justcrown.

- The mysterious fey have a pantheon, but they aren't as religious as other races, seeing as they themselves are as immortal as the deities they follow. Queen Titania and King Oberon preside the Seelie Court and a slew of other fey deities,notable among them Skerrit, patron god of the centaurs. There is, of course, a darker side to this coin. The Unseelie Court has its fair share of spiteful fey gods, who are lead by the enigmatic Queen of Air & Darkness.

Uwellyn turns to you at your inquiry. She looks at the ground looking for something and picks up an apple. The apple is plump and red, ready to be eaten. She shows you the apple.

"This is our forest, Dantie."

She then produces a dagger from her clothes and slices the apple in two. As one half falls to the ground, she points the other half at you. Its insides blackened and maggot -ridden.

"This is what Balion is to our forest." She drops the apple and resumes the trek.

"I blame Jacob and Lacore for this. Whatever drove them to leave our forest in his care? If he wanted to stay with her, they should have let him."

@Tarith: Uwellyn looks at you quizically.

"I really hope your words ring true, Tarith. We are headed to the Western Coven, although I belong to the Eastern one. Or rather, did. Until that monster showed up."

Archmage1
2012-10-13, 08:18 AM
"Did belong? It sounds like the fey are getting slaughtered."

dantiesilva
2012-10-13, 08:28 AM
As Dantie remembers the knowledge he has gained over the years he wonders which of the two courts she belongs to. But before he gets a chance to ask she has already picked up an apple and cut it half only to reveal that it has been rotted to the core. What kind of Guardian would do such a thing. My people only have our faith to keep us going and yet we do not try to destroy what we hold most dear. Then remembering what he knows he asks her Please do not take this as rude but which court do you belong to? And if this Guardian is so bad to have done this have you both not joined together to crush him from your lands? We know a way to get to see this so called goddess, but I believe from what you have shown me that it may be to late. Their is also the matter of the lich that walks with him. If we run into this Guardian what would you suggest we do? Try to bring out as his lighter side, or is their no hope? Dantie asks as they walk.

NathanB1486
2012-10-13, 10:43 AM
fort save [roll0] Don't know if there are any long term effects or if everything ended after they ceased there attack.

Knowledge nature (Uwellyn) [roll1]

When Xander hears Tarith speaking in a language he does not know, he casts comprehend languages to follow the conversation.

When Uwellyn mentions knowing he is invisible.
I mean no disrespect or deceit, it simply is one of the simpler methods in witch to ensure I am less likely to be attacked if we encounter something that wishes us ill. I am Xander Corillian, a humble seeker of knowledge in Delleb's name.

In response to Dantie's question.
We are supposed to seek out Uwellyn of the eastern coven, witch appears we have already accomplished. We are supposed to inform her we where sent by Steiner to offer our assistance in eliminating the threat to the woods.

Allyzedl
2012-10-13, 02:31 PM
Bishop replies to the forest dweller, "I am Bishop. Might I ask you what you know of Myriam?"

AlanBruce
2012-10-13, 02:41 PM
@Tarith: Uwellyn looks at you solemnly.

"Belonged, Tarith. It was but a few days ago. That...thing. It came into our coven. Breached our ancient defenses and used magic we had never seen before. Me and my sisters put up a good fight. Sadly, even by steel and spell we were unable to bring him down. His presence alone set the defining fate for the battle. We called our brothers around the coven to assist. It was a grave mistake..."

@Dantie: After addressing the fate of her Coven, she looks at you, cleaning her dagger from the remains of the rotten apple.

"I see you have some understanding about the inner working of the Fey, Dantie. But I ask that you do not see it in strict black and white. With our people, it is a very shifting grey when it comes to worship. The Courts, both Seelie and Unseelie exist outside this realm, but at certain points in history they have converged here. Where are they drifting off now, is anyone's guess. But to answer your question, if I were to side with one, it would be with fair Queen Titania."

Uwellyn then ponders on your next question.

"Balion was not always like he is today. He was a gentle druid who befriended us early on, before her arrival. His care for the forest was admirable, even by fey standards. When she landed, we took her as an outsider. Some of us thought she belonged to the Fey Courts. as to whether she belonged to the Seelie or Unseelie, was anyone's guess. We tended for her in the forest, keeping our distance. We have learned to be secretive and cautious of non-fey. It would be during the passing days that we would realize she was no fey. We still do not know exactly what she is. Yes, she has been referred to as a goddess, but since I have never seen a god before, how could I compare? It would be those three: Jacob, Balion, and Steiner who would take her away into their camp, the fabled Swan's Rest now. How have things changed since then. It would be many years afterwards that Balion and Steiner would come forth from their hiding in that village. Both of them had been blessed, somehow. Steiner had developed an aptitude for the arts arcane the likes had never seen before, as well as a charming personality... too charming, if you ask me. Balion was...augmented. He developed a formidable force, both physical and spiritual. His knowledge of the woods expanded to exert a control over the woods. We were wary at first, but he claimed this was for the safety of us all. We had no reason to doubt him. He had never been a harbinger of death here, so we were content. Many centuries would go by and we would learn that his blessing became also his curse. His physical and spiritual aspects are as strong as ever, but his mental state is a s strong as a bundle of dead twigs. And with his years of solitude and separation from her, they have finally snapped.

We managed to face Old Balion many times in the past, when his instability became known. He is a formidable enemy, but even he can't take on all of us at once, so we managed to keep him at bay. We were unable to kill him either. No matter how strong the spell or mighty the blow. It would seem her best wishes for him were, unintentionally, a curse for us. Nevertheless, we prevailed, and thus managed to keep him at bay. Now, though, his thoughts on her have been rekindled by this shroud of sand, and he has once again launched a massive attack on us. In a way, I feel sorry for him. All this power granted in the service of one he loves. And to never be see or be with her. If you do face Old Balion, be on your guard. Chances are, he has already seen you, and may have called upon his creations to bar your entrance into the forest further."

@Xander: Uwellyn raises an eyebrow at your comment.

"So you know Steiner? Well, this may be a blessing or not. I was never one to hold him in the highest regards, but then again, this isn't my coven, so who knows."

@Bishop: Uwellyn looks at you with a curious look.

"Myriam? You know of that traitor? She belonged to the Eastern Coven and my dear sister. She fell twice. Once, for the Wandering Minstrel, Steiner, who spun tales of the outside world to her. Then, she would befriend an outcast to the coven. One who took her down the wrong path. What relationship did you have with her?"

@The Party: You reach what looks like a fortress made of thorn-ridden trees, fashioned in a circular design. The blue jay Uwellyn spoke to earlier, is perched on one of the thorns looking down on you. She whistles to the bird and this one flies into the circle. A few moments later, a section of the fortress begins to rumble and the thorny trees part away, creating an opening.

"The Western Grove, gentlemen. Let us hope your words are true. Shall we?"

Archmage1
2012-10-13, 02:50 PM
"A lich is a difficult foe to face. Even if you destroy the body, the soul lives on, and can create another body. Any powerful caster is a grave threat, even to people prepared to face it. However, it would seem that he has some larger objective. I suspect that even this assault is just a small part of the whole."

Upon arrival

"An impressive defense, but I doubt its efficacy against the dead, who can't feel the pain of the thorns, and who will simply ignore most of it. I would appreciate a moment to clear my mind of the pain of the wounds before proceeding."

Tarith kneels, assuming a meditative stance, and drains a charge from his armor, using it to stealthily cast a spell.


Conceal spellcasting: Glibness
sleight of hand[roll0]

Allyzedl
2012-10-13, 02:50 PM
Bishop makes a curious face back at Uwellyn as she stares at Bishop, "What it is?"

AlanBruce
2012-10-13, 03:21 PM
@Tarith: "In a way, like the apple I showed you earlier, the defense is not the thorny exterior. You have arrived at a most opportune time, but you aren't the first."

@The Party: You walk into the grove and see it's a round hill. Several trees are arranged around a pool which is slowly drying up. Several dryads, like Uwellyn, lie against their respective trees. Their appearance is frail, even more so than their fey nature would indicate. Some of the trees are shedding leaves even as you walk into the grove. As if the process of decay has accelerated exponentially. Across the pool of water, a female elf dressed in a shining breastplate stands up from the grass and looks at all of you with blazing blue eyes. She speaks with a strong, commanding voice.

"Uwellyn of the Eastern Coven... who walks with you?" The elf maiden draws a sword made of sparkling blue light.

Archmage1
2012-10-13, 03:24 PM
"My name is Tarith. We came here to help. Who are you?"

AlanBruce
2012-10-13, 03:32 PM
@Tarith: The elven woman walks around the pool and stands before you.

"I am Azakiel, of the Olympian Glades of Arborea. I was called here by the Western Coven a few moons ago when the Old Guardian began rampaging the forest. It is my duty to protect this Grove so it does not befall the ate of the other. sadly, I was unable to hear the cries for help from the East, and thus I am stationed here, ever vigilant."

Azakiel looks at the sky for a few seconds, then looks at the group.

"There was one who was sent from here. One who said he'd find help. A man by the name of Felix. It is unfortunate he hasn't returned."

She then looks at Dantie.

"I see there is one who follows the Elysian gods, the Radiant One. In fact, I sensed one of his champions descend naught but a day ago. Where is he?"

Archmage1
2012-10-13, 03:38 PM
"We met Felix, but he sort of vanished. I am not sure what happened to him, but he is gone. We will probably help to defeat Balion and the lich."

Tarith examines the elven woman.

Olympian Gardens... I wonder where that is...


spot[roll0]

AlanBruce
2012-10-13, 03:53 PM
@Tarith: You take a good look at Azakiel. She looks elven, but more refined, of noble lineage. Her armor has intricate designs engraved into the metal, depicting an elven citadel high amongst the cluds. Her eyes, however, are the most intriguing. She has no pupils, per se, but glowing blue eyes. her hair is raven colored and wears a metal tiara that matches the motif on her breastplate.

Knowledge The Planes if more information is desired

dantiesilva
2012-10-13, 05:02 PM
Wow Tarith give everyone else a chance. I have to skip over half of a page of replying so that this does not take all day. Please give everyone else a chance to post.

As the woman mentions Angelis Dantie grows somber as he answers. Angelis has fallen. Two assassins snuck up on us and killed him, we have killed one of them. A man named Varien. He had been working with this lich from what a letter had said, the other got away though. A she devil whos sense of humor was of killing things. Dantie grips his hands tight as he says the next words. Soon she will be like him though, dead. And with her death Angelis shall be reborn. Then to all assembled their he speaks out. All of you do not worry, I have been sent here from the high city, and shall slay this lich, and the man who has turned to darkness. Then dantie studies the woman who says she has come from the Olympian Gardens.

[roll0] the planes [roll1] spot [roll2] Diplomacy check

AlanBruce
2012-10-13, 05:11 PM
@Dantie: Azakiel looks up to the sky as a sun ray bathes her figure from the canopy.

"So it was Angelis... I do hope you can honor your word, father. Angelis was a dear friend to me. Please, do not let this go unpunished."

You examine Azakiel and try to remember where have you seen someone like her or an inscription in the holy texts.

Azakiel is a Ghaele Eladrin, a knight from The Olympian Glades of Arborea, one of many afterlifes in the Great Wheel. Servant to no deities, but to the plane itself. Some speculate her race predates the gods themselves.

Azakiel looks at you intently after you have sworn the lich slaying and that of the guardian.

"Father, may we have a word...in private."

dantiesilva
2012-10-13, 08:36 PM
I will not. Dantie says looking into her eyes, now that he knows what she is, and to extent who she is he has less fear of her, but still holds the respect and knowledge that she will hold him to his word. As Azakiel asks for a word in private with him Dantie looks to his companions. It is fine, we can trust them. And please someone get the liquor off of Bishop. Then turning back to Azakiel he bows and says My lady lead me to where you would like to talk. I believe I have an idea of what you wish to say. Dantie says believing that she either wants him to keep her identiy a secret or to bring the old Guardian infront of them for trial.

AlanBruce
2012-10-14, 02:32 AM
@Dantie: Azakiel leads you a few feet away from the rest, past the pool and into the farthest tree within the grove. The glow in her eyes diminish, taking on a more mortal tone, complete with irises and pupils.

"Listen, Dantie. It may have crossed your mind why I have not gone and destroyed both the Guardian and the abomination that walks with him. There are... reasons why I must stay here and protect this grove. I cannot interfere, not with this particular scenario. I ask you, since you are a man of faith, to please place it on my words, no matter how cryptic they may sound."

Azakiel pauses for a moment , looks at the group far away, then looks at you.

"If you kill the Guardian and the lich. If you happen to see this goddess. Do not, under any circumstance, allow her to remember. Please Dantie, I cannot stress this enough. I cannot give further information, more so than what I have delivered now. I am bound by the highest of decrees. Promise me!"

Archmage1
2012-10-14, 07:29 PM
Watching Dantie get led into the forest by the beautiful, otherworldly elf, Tarith wonders to himself.
What are the chances that Dantie is forgetting that girl from town... what was her name again...

dantiesilva
2012-10-14, 09:41 PM
As Dantie is led to the very edge of the the place until they are at the farthest tree within the grove. As she stops and turns around to speak with him he notices that a more human tone has come to her eyes as she speaks. As Dantie listens to her words he lets them all sink in. Thinking on what she has told him and then asks Only one question. Is she not suppose to remember her past or the guardian? Both will be hard to do without much help and strength though. The Guardian it seems has been cutting the forest into paths from what we saw their were at least 8 different paths leading into the woods. Soon I have no doubt he will find her once more, so being able to keep him away may be difficult. But if you mean her past, I shall try my best. Dantie then looks around the grove and then to all the fey gathered, In truth I thought you were going to ask me to bring the guardian before you for trial in the other realms. That or to keep the secret that you are not from this world. I could tell when first I saw you. Do you know if any of the other coven still live? Perhaps we could launch a rescue mission as well. Dantie says to her as he looks back into her eyes.

AlanBruce
2012-10-14, 10:28 PM
@Tarith: Uwellyn watches Dantie and Azakiel confer elsewhere and turns to you.

"I can see Azakiel has no doubts about your friend and his intentions. We, however, are less trusting, be it a man of the cloth or otherwise. Alas, the woods are in peril, and you have vowed to help. Whether for righteous reasons or otherwise, time will tell."

Uwellyn beckons with her head for something to come towards you.

"The woods are knotted and vast. Easy for the city folk to get lost. I believe he may prove to be a useful guide for most of your trek."

You feel a lightweight perch on your left shoulder.

This one doesn't bathe as much

A miniature fey comes into view. He wears an outfit similar to yours, but fashioned from forest materials. Two pairs of firefly wings buzz in place before resting behind his back.

"I'm Gigglemug. I believe I'll be leading this team?"

@Dantie: Azakiel shakes her head.

"No, Dantie. Balion has not broken any laws against existence at a planar scale. As such, I cannot interfere. However, his goals and those of the lich could begin something that, inadvertently, may tip the scales and crash them. She may remember the Guardian. Of that, I have no doubt. However, an opportunity may arise, if you meet her, to rekindle the embers of her past. They must not. As for my presence, keep it a secret from her. I know it is difficult to understand why, but it is for everyone's safety."

Archmage1
2012-10-14, 10:39 PM
"If we are to do anything more than wander aimlessly, then a guide would come in handy. Can you offer any other assistance?"

As Gigglemug introduces himself, Tarith struggles to hold in a laugh.

Gigglemug? Who would name their child that?

"If you are the guide, then yes, you will be leading us around the forest. However, where will we be going? There are three threats to this forest that I am aware of, and dealing with each one individually would be preferred. However, since the lich and Bailon are likely always near each other, and can probably teleport, that leaves striking at the undead, unless they separate, or if you have another way of isolating them."

AlanBruce
2012-10-14, 10:51 PM
@Tarith: Gigglemug flies off your shoulder and hovers a few inches away from your nose.

"Not to worry! Old Balion and the sand caster may be in deeper, but I know the way around! Plus, the Fey Woods have many other guardians as well. All we need to do is gather their assistance! I would suggest we go see The Shepherd. He's old and sleeps most of the time, but he will be able to point us in the right direction."

Gigglemug looks at Bishop who rocks back and forth in place.

"Is he under some spell?"

Archmage1
2012-10-14, 10:55 PM
"That sounds like a possible plan. It would seem we have a destination. Now, I whould probably wait for the others to get ready to get moving. Xander is probably studying... something somewhere around here, and Dantie is with that elf. But, with Bishop, who can tell. I can check, but I don't think it would be worth the expenditure of magic. Bishop, you ok?"

dantiesilva
2012-10-14, 10:58 PM
As Dantie hears what she has to say he nods his head. I understand what you are asking and shall try my best. But my friends may prove to be the problem more then me on that account. One likes to learn new things and as such has vast knowledge from what I can tell, he may speak of you. I will try to warn him not to do so though. Then their is Bishop, though he seems like a harmless drunk, it is normally his mouth that gets us into trouble. I will try my best though. Is there anything else I should know, or should we get back to the others? It would be wise not to waste what light we have, they will have the advantage at night after all. Dantie says to Azakiel.

AlanBruce
2012-10-14, 11:10 PM
@Dantie: "That is all I can disclose, Dantie. I hope no more information is necessary t reveal in the future. I trust you will be able to handle the situation. As simple as it may appear."

Azakiel gesturers you join the others and then says one last thing.

"Do not forget, Dantie. A weapon's biggest flaw is its wielder."

@Tarith: "Sounds like a plan. I'll wait outside the grove for you and your comrades. We must make haste, though!" Gigglemug flies off a few feet into the grove's opening and disappears from sight.

Archmage1
2012-10-14, 11:14 PM
"Fair enough. We will follow when we are gathered."

dantiesilva
2012-10-14, 11:18 PM
I shall remember that Azakiel, and when next we meet may Pelors light be shining on you all. and with that Dantie goes with Tarith to wait to be led by the small little fey that had been sitting on Tariths shoulder.

Im am almost postive it would not pass the +15 never mind the roll so I am just assuming I can see it if it is still invisible.

NathanB1486
2012-10-15, 09:05 AM
In response to Uwellyn's inquiry about Steiner.
I have not had the opportunity to speak with the man myself, the others I believe have, I simply had his wishes relayed to me after agreeing to give aid to the situation in your woods.

knowledge planes(Azakiel)

When Dantie leaves with Azakiel, Xander wanders a short distance to observe the dyrads under there trees, and the drying up pool, still trying to puzzle out how the one he met earlier is alive and well, while these ones seem to be dieing inside there own grove. After studying the area a moment, Xander returns to the rest.

Uwellyn, this may seem like a strange question, but would you mind if I took a sample of the pool drying up over there, that I may study it and its effects further?

Both just to see if anything seems out of place involving the trees and pool, and, from what Xander would expect to see.(area's that the water might be escaping or speeding up the rate the pools are draining, or anyway to help transport the water to the dying trees more efficiently in order to prolong the over all life of the grove. Also Xander is still invisible, and has comprehend languages on.
spot [roll0] knowledge nature [roll1d20+15

Allyzedl
2012-10-15, 10:42 AM
Bishop follows the group, and nods his head in agreement as Tarith speaks.

dantiesilva
2012-10-15, 12:12 PM
Ok these are the roles so while we are walking and following our guide. [roll0] listen [roll1] spot [roll2] survival

Archmage1
2012-10-15, 12:14 PM
If we are rolling...
hide[roll0]
move silently[roll1]
spot[roll2]
listen[roll3]

AlanBruce
2012-10-15, 02:43 PM
@Xander: You take a good look at Azakiel and immediately your mind opens to the desired chapter back in the academy. She is an Eladrin. A Ghaele, to be exact. An ancient planar race from one of the many heavens in the Great Wheel, the Olympian Glades of Arborea.

Uwellyn seems puzzled at your request.

"The pool sustains the trees in the grove, which also sustains the dryads in it. There are many other pools that carry water underground and feed the roots. The biggest and most revitalizing font I can think of belongs to Anzaril, one of our estranged sisters deeper into the woods. Consort to Old Balion, or so she would like to believe."

@The Party: You leave the Western Grove and begin your trek through the forest with Gigglemug a few paces ahead.

"I have seen many of your kind come in in the last few days. Weeks even. But none have been to the Grove, let alone met Uwellyn. You certainly are a lucky lot. Luckier still, to have me as your guide. Once we reach the Shepherd, he will be able to guide us further in."

As the pixie rambles on, you see perched upon a column of roots and moss another stone slab. This one depicts a crude etching of three men: An archer, a robed man with a scythe, and a cloaked man with a lute.

"I never did understand why they wanted to show off so much."

Archmage1
2012-10-15, 03:30 PM
As they wander through the forest, Tarith is looking around warily, obviously uncomfortable in a place he is very unfamiliar in.
"Perhaps they just wished to be noticed. People do stupider things all the time."

AlanBruce
2012-10-15, 05:59 PM
@The Party: You walk past the stone marker into a clearing. Suddenly, the ground begins to shake and the screech of birds can be heard in the trees above. Something big approaches in your direction. At fast speed.

"I think I'll take a look...up there." Gigglemug flies upward and vanishes.

Archmage1
2012-10-15, 06:06 PM
Sounds big, and heading towards us. Time to get out of sight.

Tarith swiftly activates his ring, and hides behind a handy tree


hide[roll0]
move silently[roll1]
spot[roll2]
listen[roll3]

AlanBruce
2012-10-15, 07:03 PM
@Tarith: You hide behind a tree and look into the area where the screeching of birds and the thundering steps are heard. You hear hoofs, paws, roars and broken underbrush as a large herd of forest animals breaks into view and rush towards your general direction. The animals are not slowing down, and you can see their eyes are almost white, with blind fear. Bears, stags, small rodents and all manner of forest animals rush panicked towards your group, encompassing a wide area.

Archmage1
2012-10-15, 07:12 PM
"Up the Trees!"

Tarith tries to climb up the tree he is hiding behind.


[roll0] climb

NathanB1486
2012-10-15, 09:29 PM
As the ground, begins to shake.
We should get above ground, fast. Everyone get close.

Once they are within 30 feet of Xander, he casts levitate on himself, chaining it to the party, he then raises the group into the air.

I can raise us 20 ft a round, will bring us up until we are about 10 feet above the herd, or high enough people can grab branches that are safe to sit on. Levitate lasts 10 min. (Sorcerer lvl 5 slot)

dantiesilva
2012-10-15, 09:48 PM
Dantie runs towards Xander as he calls them to him, and before long he feels himself become almost weightless. This is quite some spell you have Xander. I must say I think we would have been in a rout if you were not here with us. As Dantie is talking he is looking of into the distance to see what is going on in the area the animals are all running from.

[roll0] spot check

AlanBruce
2012-10-15, 09:51 PM
@Xander: You hear the ground rumbling and then an explosion of fur, hooves, antlers and fangs come sin to view. Recalling your innate power, you close your eyes for a fraction of a second and envision everyone high, high above. As high as you can take your friends. When you open your eyes, you see a wave of animals stampeding a few feet below you. After a few minutes, only a stray deer evades the wake of destruction and follows suit.

Gigglemug reappears next to you, holding on to a branch.

"Well, that is weird. I haven't seen something like that since..."

Gigglemug... I should have known

Where the path of destruction from the herd once raced, you see a form take shape from leaves and branches. The form is medium sized and has a faint humanoid build. The twigs and leaves form around an airy space, using two acorns for eyes.

Archmage1
2012-10-15, 09:56 PM
Assuming Tarith can see it too.


After the stampede passes, Tarith climbs down from his tree, and pauses, amazed at what he sees

Well, if it is friendly, the others will undoubtedly try to talk to it, but if it is not, then some preparation is in order

Tarith tries to sneak around, and come at it from the side, relying on the others to keep the focus on them.


move silently[roll0]
hide[roll1]
spot[roll2]
listen[roll3]

dantiesilva
2012-10-15, 10:02 PM
As Dantie sees the last of the animals pass below them he begins to allow himself to decend when he hears a voice call out to their guide. From the area the voice came from stands a vaguely humanoid shape, that has acorns for eyes. Dantie looks from his companions to their guide before asking if this is the guardian they are looking for. Then to the creature Dantie calls out. I am Dantie Silva, Follower of Pelor. May I ask who you are and what just happened? he says to the figure.

dantiesilva
2012-10-15, 10:03 PM
Sorry forgot to role for diplomacy [roll0]

AlanBruce
2012-10-15, 10:10 PM
@Dantie: The being looks at you after your introductions.

"A follower of Pelor? Here? Listen well, Dantie. There is but ONE deity here. And she is MINE! MINEEEE!! Take this as your first and final warning. Leave my forest, or else you and your comrades shall end as topsoil. Gigglemug, tell that petty coven that they are next if they interfere."

The wind begins to change rapidly around the creature as the trees begin swaying back and forth.

Archmage1
2012-10-15, 10:23 PM
Well, I suspect that this is, in fact, not a friend, and may be Bailon. At least he is alone

Tarith moves in, and strikes, silently stabbing the figure in the back, going for extreme damage


So, 2 weapon attack, assuming need a move to get into position. Using the daggers, as this enemy will need a higher attack to hit, and I don't really want to burn wraithstrike yet.
Blink grants a +2, haste another +1. If magebane applies, another +2
dagger1[roll0] damage[roll1] magebane[roll2] SA[roll3] stealing 2 spells
dagger2[roll4] damage[roll5] magebane[roll6] SA[roll7] stealing 0 spells, but one sla, and one active effect
(please wait before listing what spells are stolen, as I intend on looking at the srd druid spell list and targeting some of those)
Targeting: sla: Wildshape, effect: Ironskin spells: Transport Via Plants, Tree stride

AlanBruce
2012-10-15, 10:34 PM
@Tarith: You move in to strike with your daggers, confident in your skills to remain unseen. Then, a tremendous surge of wind blasts around you, carrying bits of debris and attempting to lift you into the sky.

Roll a Reflex DC 33 and a Fortitude DC 33

Archmage1
2012-10-15, 10:37 PM
Ouch. DC 33 is a lot.(as in the unbeatable dc level)
If it is vs a spell, add 2
reflex[roll0]
fort[roll1]

AlanBruce
2012-10-15, 10:46 PM
@Tarith: As you move in behind the creature, the winds carry you aloft way above your party. As you are carried away, the branches in the canopy reach out and wrap around you with great force, holding you tight. he debris carried in the winds sinks into your mouth, producing a quick nausea.

Damage: [roll0] from the constriction damage by the plants above.

@The Party: You watch Tarith wrapped in branches way up high, almost out of view.

"You have been warned..."

The figure drops to the ground, ceasing all sentience and the trees wrapping around Tarith let loose, plummeting the spell thief to the ground.

Archmage1
2012-10-15, 11:00 PM
As Tarith is blasted by the wind into the sky, he frantically grabs onto the plants nearby to prevent himself from falling back to the ground. To his surprise, the branches grab him, and squeeze the breath from him, before dropping him. Sadly, he falls, trying to grab onto anything to slow down his fall, but is unable to grab onto anything, and hits the ground with a Thud. Tarith then shakily gets up, spitting debris as he does.

"That was... unpleasant."


Tarith is now at 17/74 health. fun.
Does he take fall damage?

AlanBruce
2012-10-15, 11:13 PM
@Tarith: Gigglemug appears next to you.

"Are you ok? That was Old Balion, the forest guardian. We must avoid fighting him like this. I was once told that she blessed him with gifts of wondrous power. Now you see why the forest is at his mercy."

dantiesilva
2012-10-15, 11:19 PM
Danite seeing the encounter Looks to the creature and says in a simple tone. You have given me your warning now let me give you mine. Turn away from this fiend of sands and salt and go back to the guardian who you once were. Do it for your goddess and I can bring you to her. I have been told by one of your old friends how to get in, and if you are willing to once again guard these woods then I shall reunite you with her. But I can not do so if you side with the vile lich you travel with. Do you really think he has your best interests at heart? Dantie says as he sees Tarith getting ready to attack. Think about it, you and her built this forest yet he now has you destroying it and filling it with unnatural things. Would your goddess be proud of you destroying what she loves? Would she be proud of the man you have become. Come and meet with me alone Great guardian and I promise that during this meeting no harm shall come of you unless you try to harm us. I have heard of your great deeds in serves of your goddess, but now you are straying from her path. Just then Tarith launches his attack and is sent flying into the air only to be stopped by tree branches. Dantie then looks back to the guardian, I did not know my friend would attack you, and I am sorry for that, but as you would protect your goddess he is only trying to protect us, please forgive him and accept my offer to help you. I would hate to see such a once great man fall into darkness. and with that Dantie waits for a reply.

[roll0] ok lots of talking in that post all of it diplomacy. I will do 3 rolls for the three things that he is trying to do. 1. Convince him that he does not want a fight. 2. Convince the guardian that if he is willing to go back to how he was that they can bring him and reunite him with his goddess. and 3. That Dantie is not a threat to him as long as he is willing to change and be the man he once was. [roll1] [roll2] hope this works

AlanBruce
2012-10-15, 11:28 PM
@Dantie: As Tarith is launched upwards and tangled by the branches, the creature listens attentively to you.

"She...she...chose me. ME! What would you know, perorate. I have been assigned to guard her garden. Yet it is I, who after hundreds of years of loyal servitude get banned from her warmth. Like a dog who has outlived its usefulness. I WILL NOT BE DENIED MY RIGHT!"

The figure looks up at Tarith being constricted.

"Might makes right, Dantie. And now, I have all the might I need to prove it. If you are so insistent in proving your worth, pass her trials. Continue on your path, that I will not oppose you. But I cannot guarantee the same for the other denizens of my forest. Maybe I'll see you. Maybe I won't."

Archmage1
2012-10-15, 11:36 PM
Tarith walks over to a tree, and re-sets his dislocated shoulder.

"Gigglemug, today has not been a very good day. I assume there are some limitations on that ability? Actually, why don't you tell us what you know of Bailon's powers and abilities? And Dantie, do you have any healing magic handy? I won't be good for much more at this rate."


currently at 9/72 health, with 1 non-lethal point of damage. I rolled very poorly on the fall damage rolls, which is rather nifty though. Rolled like my warlock in another game has been(usually gets 20 damage with an 8d6 blast. avg should be 27