PDA

View Full Version : Battle for the Five Nations

Pages : 1 [2]

hoverfrog
2013-01-24, 06:15 AM
As everyone moves into position the shifters who did not leave with Raja hang back. Tolan asks what is required of him but seems to just want to stay out of the way.

With Raja there are currently eight additional shifters, none wear armour of any kind but they've grabbed axes from the cart or clubs from the bodies of guards and brought them along. They actually seem very eager for a fight, perhaps a little too eager.

jojolagger
2013-02-04, 07:35 PM
After spending a good 7 minutes drawing runes on various objects in his possession, Dallun begins walking to the keep, triggering spells with different timing as he nears the enemy.

"Leverage, Synergy, Paradigm, please see Tolan and his people to Lieutenant Osprey, inform him they are refugees, and also tell him we'll have the rest freed soon."

Well, no magic left. This'll be fun.
Hour long at start of walk, (Dragonskin (fire) and reverse arrows), 6 minute spells when they see me (Celestial Aspect and Glorious Raiment), saving blessing of bahamaut and shockwave for the distraction.

List of spells prepped or cast repeated here
slot Wieldskill (4 xp) out of time once the rest is prepped
slot Sudden Widened (1 AP) Shockwave (1 AP) (18 xp) instant
slot Sudden Extended (1 AP) Blessing of Bahamut (1 AP) (18 xp) (DR 10) 12 rounds
slot Glorious Raiment (1 Ap) (12 xp) (+1 Ac, DR 5) 6 minutes
slot Celestial Aspect (1 AP) (18 xp) 6 minutes
Reverse Arrows (2 AP) (18 xp) (Dr 10/magic or melee) 1 hour
Dragonskin (2 Ap) (18 xp) (3 Ac, fire resist) 1 hour
uses 5 of 5 spell slots, 10 of 10 AP, and 106 xp

hoverfrog
2013-02-05, 05:01 AM
As you walk out of the tree line and head across the open space towards the fort there is an immediate uproar. There's a shout from the wall and you see someone duck down. A minute later the door opens and a short man on a large white horse rides out. He is flanked by several Thrane soldiers, some with bows. They have arrows with padded heads notched and ready and are carrying small metal pots with burning coals in. "Halt!" he yells, "Have you come to surrender your forces? Lay down your arms and you will be treated well."

jojolagger
2013-02-05, 11:22 PM
"Funny, I was about to offer you almost the exact same terms." Responds Dallun, reforming his celestial aspect as glorious wings, while gaining 15 ft of height.
"You are undermanned and under-supplied. All of your military personnel are to leave my fort. Civilians will have free choice to go with you or leave as they chose. Thrane can lose a lot or a little today. It's your choice."

[roll0] Diplomacy to honestly convince him it the better choice to yield.
Blessing of bahamaut will be saved until I need the DR vs. melee, which I doubt will happen while I fly.

hoverfrog
2013-02-06, 06:20 AM
The soldiers appear visibly shaken by your transformation but the leader calls out, "A demon. A demon masquerading as one of the Blessed of the Silver Flame. Light the flame, my Faithful Brothers, and move back to the fort for protection."

With his instructions the fire pots are dropped on the ground, coals spilling out of some, and used to light the arrows they have readied. Moments later they are firing. Not at Dallun but at the ditch surrounding the fort. Other shots come from the walls and are aimed at different sections of the ditch. In seconds the wood there starts to smoulder and flames appear. The wood must have been soaked in oil or treated somehow. It spreads quickly but remains contained within the ditch.

The rider and the soldiers back away as the flames leap up in front of them. You'll lose sight of them in a few seconds as the fire rises about 5 feet above the level of the land. Sling armed soldiers man the walls above but have made no effort to shoot you yet. There is a wooden bridge that the soldiers are now attempting to pull back to their side of the ditch.

This happens as the other group reaches the wall. They can work on the palisade or flee before the fire catches properly and traps you inside.

The ditch itself is about 10 feet deep and 10 feet wide and now filled with burning wood. It should be possible to jump the ditch for someone skilled at jumping (DC10 long jump or DC20 standing jump) without burning yourself but running across or falling in would be hazardous. You could always fly over it, of course if you have wings or walk through it (maybe) if you're fire resistant.

Morbis Meh
2013-02-06, 09:50 AM
Raja hears the booming command of Dallan and smirks Stupid idea but at least it is effective in getting their attention... oh fanatics and their willingness to burn life. She looks back to her brethren and nods then touches the wooden pallisade, for a moment she is connected with it, she could see its life and death. A solitary tear rolled down her eye as she gently coaxed the wood to her will, shaping it into a passageway for her clan. "Remember we are here to rescue, not butcher, do not harm any innocents and at least try not to kill the fools inside but if they are foolish enough to attempt to kill you then defend yourselves. Let us run my brothers and sisters and may the Great Huntress smile upon all of you!"

mistformsquirrl
2013-02-06, 12:50 PM
Kera stumbles after Raja, trying to keep up with the shifters while staying as far out of the way as is feasible.

Imperial Psycho
2013-02-06, 04:23 PM
Edwin dives in after the shifters and Kera, keeping one eye on the cleric as he looks for targets.

Mantid
2013-02-06, 08:14 PM
"Kyber! About time we get to the good part!" Gerliow yells, charging foward and snapping a shot off from his crossbow at the top of the fort's wall. He knew he wouldn't hit anything, but it might make the soldiers duck down a bit.

hoverfrog
2013-02-07, 06:14 AM
The wood on the palisade shifts and bends to allow you to pass through a wide gap. As Raja steps through the breech she notices that the ground her foot lands on shifts under her weight slightly. This is enough to give her pause before putting her full weight down. There are two burly men in chain shirts standing by heavy iron braziers of burning coals. Each wears thick cool gloves and looks ready to push the coals over. They're about 10 feet away and are looking directly at the breech.

Across the courtyard you can see a large group of men preparing to close the main gates and past them you can see the inner keep. There are several buildings in the fort, presumably one or more hold the shifters and prisoners though you can see no sign of either.

At the other wall Dallun watches the men and their leader retreat as he prepares to unleash his stored magic.

jojolagger
2013-02-08, 07:41 PM
Dallun points through the still open gate, then taps a rune scribed on his sleeve, unleashing a shockwave to catch the Leader's squad, as well as anyone just inside the gate.

gaining 10 more ft. of height to be out the blast radius.
blast should hit everyone within 30 ft. of the door (minus those with walls between them and the blast.
[roll0] non-lethal damage, DC 16 fort save for half damage
those who fail the save are dazed for 1 round
blast is 30 when spell says 20 ft. because AP spent to sudden widen

hoverfrog
2013-02-10, 03:56 AM
Dallun's blast sends men flying in all directions, even the leader is send skidding through the gate in a heap, flying from his horse. He lies there dazed for a moment and you watch as he tries to stand several times. The archers lay unmoving on the ground. A foot priest wearing a Silver Flame badge at his neck rushes over to help him while another orders the gates closed.

Several stones fly towards you from the slings on the walls but most fly wide. Those that hit simply bounce off your protective infusions and armour.

mistformsquirrl
2013-02-11, 06:28 PM
Kera nudges Raja slightly. "S-so... what do we do now? I'm j-just a medic..." Kera whispers.

Mantid
2013-02-12, 07:35 PM
Gerilow drops his crossbow and digs into his belt pouch, pulling out a small, faintly glowing gemstone. Taking a deep breath, the short warrior focuses intensely on the stone. The stone flares for a moment before its glow fades completely. As Gerilow drops the stone and grips his large hammer, his body expands until he reached twice his size.

"Alright! Come at me and I'll send you to be with your precious Flame!" he bellows, trying his best to sound intimidating.

Using a power stone of Expansion. Same rules a scroll.

In case he's hit while casting. Concentration - [roll0]
Intimidate - [roll1]

Expansion only lasts for one round, but should be a nice distraction.

hoverfrog
2013-02-13, 09:24 AM
Round 2 of combat

Summary of previous round.

The Thrane soldiers sling a few stones at Dallun to no effect. The fire in the ditch is burning merrily and growing higher by the second. Round the side of the fort the palisade wall opens and Kera half steps through only to see guards waiting on the other side with pots of fire. They don't take any action but wait for her to move.

Team Distraction
{table]Character|Initiative|Action
Gerilow Brower|21|Activates Power Stone of Expansion
Dallun Verres d'Cannith|6|
Thrane|3|[/table]

Team Sneak in and rescue
{table]Character|Initiative|Action
Kera Tembler|18|
Edwin Tuller|15|
Raja'Umal Almach|14|
Thrane|13|[/table]

No map yet but there's not much to show. Most of the Thranes are out of sight on the walls anyway. You get to act first.

mistformsquirrl
2013-02-13, 09:29 AM
Kera backpedals a bit, kneels down, and waits.

I'm going to Delay my action until initiative 14, so I go at the same time as Raja. Being the most reactive member of the party, my going first is kind of pointless.

Morbis Meh
2013-02-14, 09:31 AM
Raja close her eyes and chants for a moment, twiddling her fingers in well practised motions. As she finishes chanting the air around the brazier's thickens as water forms above them within the span of a heart beat water comes crashing down upon the two braziers. As the water douses the pots Raja's features turn feral and she begins moving towards the pair of soldiers.

Swift action: shifting, Standard Action: casting create water so each pot will have four gallons of water rushing into them and Move action:As far as I can get towards the guards.

mistformsquirrl
2013-02-14, 12:48 PM
Kera follows Raja closely, staying just behind her in case of emergencies.

Moving with Raja, staying 5ft behind.

Imperial Psycho
2013-02-14, 01:16 PM
Edwin rushes through the hole in the wall, blade drawn, and advances on the men with the braziers.

Assuming I can move to striking range
[roll0]
[roll1]

hoverfrog
2013-02-16, 03:55 AM
Stepping on to the camouflaged pit trap Reflex save DC20 or fall in.

Raja [roll0]
Kera [roll1]
Edwin [roll2]

Raja releases her spell, washing over the two guards and easily dousing their flame pots. As she steps though the gap the ground bends beneath her. Only her amazing reflexes stop her falling in as she leaps to the side. Kera, following swiftly behind her, is not so lucky and falls 10 feet into the pit, landing with a loud splash. In seconds she is drenched in the oil that pools in the bottom 10 feet of the pit and is sinking rapidly down. Edwin is lucky enough to see this and manages to sidestep the pit, grabbing the palisade wall for balance and swinging himself to one side.

The men kick their wet pots into the oil but this does nothing as they are quite doused. Then they draw clubs and advance on either side of the pit. You hear a yell from the wall above, "Bring fire into the pit, one of them fell in."

No damage from the fall as the oil at the bottom acts like thick water. You might want to try swimming though. The pit is 20 feet deep and the lower 10 feet contain and mixture of oil and rain water, now nicely mixed up rather than separated. There are also parts of the cover, a light wooden frame covered in some loose netting and dry leaves, now all broken and bobbing about.

mistformsquirrl
2013-02-16, 11:28 AM
Kera, clearly alarmed, shouts "I think I'm going to need some help here!" - then tries to swim toward the nearest edge of the pit, trying to scramble her way up the side of it as best as possible.

Swim [roll0]
Climb [roll1]

Imperial Psycho
2013-02-16, 12:07 PM
Edwin, recovering after leaping away from the collapsing pit, goes down on one knee. Tugging a long length of silken rope from his pack, he keeps hold of the rope with one hand, and lets the rest drop into the pit. "I've got you!"

Soo.. Move action to retrieve the rope, then .. Strength Check to try to pull her out, assuming she grabs on?

[roll0]

hoverfrog
2013-02-27, 10:51 AM
Round 3 of combat

Summary of previous round.

Antics around the pit delay progress and give the Thrane soldiers a chance to recover. You see several men preparing oil flasks on the walls and troops are moving to engage Edwin and Raja. Kera is unfortunately nowhere in sight, having sunk like a stone.

The commander of the garrison looks to have recovered from the blast that knocked him down and is giving orders to seal the breach with fire. He moves towards the palisade but is over a hundred yards away.

Your actions first.

mistformsquirrl
2013-02-27, 10:55 AM
Kera makes a desperate grab for the rope Edwin dropped to her, trying her best to haul herself out or at least cling to the rope long enough to be drug out of the pit.

Climb [roll0]

Morbis Meh
2013-02-27, 10:56 AM
Raja features suddenly become Feral and she charges the oncoming soldiers and lashes out at the nearest one with her claws.

So if i can charge I will have a +2 and an extra claw attack, if not well substract 2 from the first to hit and ignore the second roll.
Claw one [roll0]
damage [roll1]

Claw two [roll2]
damage [roll3]

Morbis Meh
2013-02-27, 10:57 AM
Oh gods please let this be a charge....
Crit confirm [roll0]
damage [roll1] Wow Raja's left hand sure is itching to murder everything... 2 natural 20's in a row ouch...

jojolagger
2013-02-27, 11:26 AM
Dallun will fly up onto the wall above the gate, draw in the fire of his wings, and looses a beam of fire from his eyes at the commander.
Move to fly up onto wall above gate, free to change aspect to eyes of the firre, and then [roll0] fire damage to the commander, no save, no attack roll, no SR.

Mantid
2013-03-01, 10:44 AM
"Tsk! Where did our Cleric fall into?" Gerilow mumbles to himself has he gets a better look at the inside of the fort with his increased size. As he begins to shrink back to his normal diminutive height he bellows, "Don't just ignore me you silver-addled pansies!"

The warrior charges forward, swinging his warspikard as he moves toward the rescue team's position.

Moving as best he can without provoking OOT.

Attack on random enemy: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Cleave if needed: [roll2]
Damge: [roll3]

Mantid
2013-03-05, 01:26 PM
"Great, now everyone is getting into the action but me," Gerilow mumbles to himself as he watches Dullun fly away. As he shrinks to normal size, the warrior tries to hop across the fiery ditch and move up to the gates.

Jump - [roll0]

hoverfrog
2013-03-13, 05:28 AM
A guard moves forward to engage Raja and is swiftly cut down. The other guard moves forward to attack Edwin who is struggling with a rope. He doesn't attack with his club but attempts to shove the armoured warrior into the pit.

Kera manages to swim to the surface of the oily water and grab the end of the rope but she notices a struggle above. Two burning arrows fly into the pit, one hits the wall and goes out but the other lands in the oil and a small flame sputters into life. It is slow to spread but a few more like that will have the whole mix ablaze with Kera in it.

Dallun's flame scorches the commander who has retrieved his steed and rides full pelt at Raja. Sling bullets bounce harmlessly off his protections.

Garilow leaps the pit but stumbles on the far lip. Though he pulls himself up he's scorched by the flames. There's a ragged cheer from the walls and several sling shots are aimed at him, none come close though.

I assume Edwin is holding a weapon in his other hand so you get an attack of opportunity.
Strength check to bullrush [roll0] including bonuses for charging
As you're on one knee you have a -2 on your hit roll and strength check.

Burning arrow 1 [roll1] AC10 to hit the pit
Damage [roll2]
Burning arrow 2 [roll3] AC10 to hit the pit
Damage [roll4]
When it has taken 5 damage it will catch and occupants will take [roll5] each round

Garilow takes [roll6] damage from the fire.
First defendant
Sling [roll7]
Damage [roll8]
Critical [roll9]
Damage [roll10]

Second defendant
Sling [roll11]
Damage [roll12]
Critical [roll13]
Damage [roll14]

Third defendant
Sling [roll15]
Damage [roll16]
Critical [roll17]
Damage [roll18]

Fourth defendant
Sling [roll19]
Damage [roll20]
Critical [roll21]
Damage [roll22]

Fifth defendant
Sling [roll23]
Damage [roll24]
Critical [roll25]
Damage [roll26]

Once we resolve the AoO and Bullrush it'll be round 4

Morbis Meh
2013-03-13, 08:51 AM
Raja smiles cooly a the sight of the horse, she moves out of harms way and begins chanting serenly. Around the galloping horses legs the weeds and grass grow rapidly hampering movement.

So moving to prevent any AoO from casting if need be then casting entangle aroud the horse DC is 14 I believe...

mistformsquirrl
2013-03-15, 12:30 PM
Kera attempts to climb the rope to get out of the pit, clearly scrambling to avoid the flames.

Climb [roll0]

I am so putting a couple ranks in climb going forward...

Imperial Psycho
2013-03-15, 01:38 PM
As the guard moves towards Edwin, he stops pulling on the rope to swing his blade. The attacker stumbles from the blow, his momentum slamming him into Edwin all the same, shoving him back.

AoO
attack: [roll0]
damage [roll1]
Strength check: [roll2]

Mantid
2013-03-15, 08:03 PM
Gerilow ducks down, trying to make himself as small a target for the sling stones, and runs towards the wall, angling away from where Dallun is. He swings his War Spikard back onto his build and tugs at the strange stone-set in a frame contraption hanging from his backpack.

Reaching the wall, he pauses and takes a deep breath and squeezes his eyes shut. Issuing mental commands to the stone, he begins to rise the brightness of the area till it reached a blighting brightness.

Move to wall, sheathe weapon, draw out darklight. Umm... guess that might be three move actions, well draw out darklight next turn if needed.

Using the darklight once held is a free action.

Illumination in 80' area is affected. Anyone in that area is dazzled unless they make a DC 14 fort check.

Gerilow's fort check - [roll0]

hoverfrog
2013-03-18, 01:01 PM
Round 4 of combat - the rest of the summary.

A scuffle around the pit ends with a guard falling into the oily water trailing his own viscera. Edwin pulls Kera out in a smooth motion with one hand as he flicks the blood from his blade with the other.

Edwin and Kera can still act this round