PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon - Origins [IC]



mrwest13
2012-10-08, 12:03 AM
Today is a special day. Asbrid has been abuzz for a couple days since word has been let slip that Kagami (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AreJmfLvsXxDdE84bWxKc19YMXJpU0pMeWRnTERHe FE#gid=17) has returned to town with a new gadget that she helped to invent. The unveiling ceremony is happening in the next few minutes.

Emperor Ing
2012-10-08, 01:54 AM
Alfred Jehovaweh stood in the crowd garbed in a casual suit with a proper top hat. If the rumors are true, this particular device is expected to create a great paradigm-shift in human-pokemon relationships. As one of the local Priests of Arceus, he did have a vested interest in anything that may effect how humans interact with the beings whose very natures are derived from Lord Arceus.

The Priest stroked his mustache in anticipation for what may appear, his mind cycling through numerous bizarre speculations for what may be unveiled. An artificial pokemon (such a thing would be Abomination,) an ancient, sacred text written by Palkia, Arceus himself appearing before them...However he quickly realized he had absolutely no idea what was going to happen.

passinglurker
2012-10-08, 07:29 AM
man the traffic out of town is terrible this morning thought Kookie as he tried to make his way through the crowd there was some hubbub over an inventor or something but kookie wasn't really one to care he doubted the forces of industry and invention could help with his hopes and dreams unless it was something to make his frequent unintended trips to the hospital shorter in which case if this trip out of town was like his last 50 he'll hear about it soon enough.

he still needed to buy a few supplies for his next attempt but he soon found that all the market stalls were closed for the event and he wouldn't dare patronize one of those over priced greedy shops so he just stood there in the crowd in his baggy pants, poncho, and headband itching his bread next to some stiff in a top hat.

mrwest13
2012-10-08, 11:38 AM
As Kookie (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Avdb8q-LrLPXdGozdFpZSmtac2NKRlBGbFFFUWVjekE#gid=17) and Alfred (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AgE6YVBaU-ZWdENtMUw4ejBTZG9kSnBpRUt2VFl4cEE&single=true&gid=0&output=html) look on, a short, mustached man with a monocle walks out onto the stage. You recognize him as the Mayor of town, and he fixes his tailcoat as he approaches the podium.

Clearing his throat, the Mayor picks up a megaphone and addresses the growing audience, "Welcome one and all. I suppose this means word of the unveiling has spread well. Kagami has been kind enough to defer the honor of this ceremony to myself. She was likewise kind enough to gift me the first of this contraption in Asbrid. So, without further ado . . ."

The Mayor walks over to the small, waist height display case that has been wheeled out onto the stage, and lifts of the sheet covering the top. What you see after the flourish of fabric is a spherical gadget covered in springs and cogs, with a few dull gemstones underneath the outer casing.

"The Pokeball," the Mayor says proudly. It seems he's expecting more of a response than he's getting from the confused crowd.

passinglurker
2012-10-08, 11:42 AM
"Aww Just get on with it some people have stuff to do!" shouts Kookie impatiently over the awkward silence

EdroGrimshell
2012-10-08, 12:28 PM
Kagami watches from the back of the crowd, "you actually need to explain what it does, idiot," she mutters, she's not really what you'd expect from one of the pokeball designers, a little short, black hair pulled back in a braid, pale, blue eyes with slit pupils, and an outfit that was rather odd to say the least. A short-sleeved black blouse with dark blue sleeves, a short skirt with black and blue stripes, and similarly striped socks that go all the way up her legs and are opened at the toes and heals. She's barefoot. An open parasol rests on her shoulder, also black and blue.

Kagami walks through the crowd towards the stage, easily slipping through with her small frame, until she's at the front, "I did say to explain what it does didn't I?" she asks the mayor in a rhetorical question before she literally jumps onto the stage, "if you're not going to do it properly I'll do it myself," she says before going over to the pokeball, or at least, the prototype model that was used as the basic one, "to explain why this is a revolution in the way humans interact with pokemon, it's important to note that pokemon have a certain resonance, a frequency they are attuned to that humans are not. By reading that frequency, we were able to construct an item that not only allows us to capture a pokemon, but bond with it on a fundamental level, in effect changing the frequency of the pokemon to match our own," she explains, looking bored, "this change has no effect on the pokemon other than offering them an understanding of the human that caught them and they cannot be caught by another. A small stock has been shipped to the local centers where everyone can obtain one or two for themselves. The supply after this main one will be limited, for anything else you'll have to go to a designer such as myself to have them made. You will be charged for the parts to make them and for labor costs, so don't expect them to come cheap."

"There are more advanced designs that are more expensive as well, but that shipment will not be in for quite some time, for now, the basic ones are the only ones that will be offered." with that, she hops off the stage and starts heading towards the forest just outside of town, which is known to contain pokemon, though she does pause for a moment, "Alfred Jehovaweh, would be so kind as to accompany me, as a priest of Arceus I'm sure you are interested in the pokeballs for a different reason than everyone else."

Hope you don't mind the interpretation I went with. It's how I actually see pokeballs working.

mrwest13
2012-10-08, 12:32 PM
The Mayor's brow furrows. "Don't you think you should take more than one person with you?" He mutters under his breath, "Arceus knows I don't want to be liable . . ."

passinglurker
2012-10-08, 12:47 PM
blah blah blah something about frequencies and understanding... funny pale girl say WHAT!? this could be just the thing he needs but he doesn't want to wait in line at one of those shops *shudder* so he invites himself along hoping to get a ball from the source "wait up you will need some one who's been out there before and I've ventured into the wilds plenty of times ask any one on the local wilderness rescue team or at the hospital. the names Kookie"

Emperor Ing
2012-10-08, 01:50 PM
The idea of "frequencies" pretty much sailed straight over Alfred's head, though he understood the basics of how it works. This brings into question the ethics of what is essentially Mind Control. Before that though, there is one question that is seriously bothering him.
Yes, yes. Of course. He says, approaching Kagami. Surely if the pokeball were as bad as Alfred thinks it is, Lord Arceus would never allow it to exist. For now though, whatever prejudices Alfred is feeling is simply from a lack of knowledge. Though first, i'm sure many of Arceus' faithful are wondering. How does a Pokemon, even as small as a Sunkern, fit in such a small device?

EdroGrimshell
2012-10-08, 03:05 PM
"That is a complex question, one I am not able to fully answer since I didn't work out that part of it," Kagami says, "however, as I understand it, the pokemon is converted into energy and absorbed into the ball. The process isn't painful or uncomfortable, as far as the researchers have told me. And they did extensive tests to make sure of that," she continues, "We also made sure that the pokemon remains their own individual, we had a few dream doctors present to help with that. I've caught a few pokemon already, though I gave them to the researchers, to make sure the process didn't harm them or change their dispositions."

passinglurker
2012-10-08, 03:29 PM
"'not painful or uncomfortable' makes sense I've seen the mons tap the energy of the plants and earth several time boosting their strength and healing wounds rapidly even causing dramatic transformations without even a second thought, am I right guessing your invention taps similar forces?" blurts out Kookie butting in into the conversation

EdroGrimshell
2012-10-08, 05:23 PM
"Yes, specifically that of the apricorn, treated and reinforced. Though the basic ones don't need apricorns, we use a resin simulate, which works just as well, though it takes longer. I personally prefer the resin since it's easier to obtain and easier to customize."

Emperor Ing
2012-10-08, 05:29 PM
Hmm, I see. There are, of course, ethical considerations regarding how the "testing" was accomplished. Hopefully none of the pokemon tested were harmed. At the very least, he should pray to Arceus for their safety. Besides, he didn't feel the need to demagogue this scientific advancement.

passinglurker
2012-10-08, 06:19 PM
"wait you're saying that apricorns can be made into pokeballs? the same apricorns that I have me been wasting planter space growing, grinding into juice, and feeding to pokemon only to find that it makes them harder to run from when they get mad?" says an astonished Kookie

EdroGrimshell
2012-10-08, 07:06 PM
"Yes, hollow them out, reinforce them both on the inside and outside, set a quartz crystal in them and a locking mechanism and you have a pokeball. It's a lot harder than it sounds though, took months to get the first prototype, and it broke almost 90% of the time," Kagami says, "I helped with the fifth and sixth prototypes, the seventh was the one that was displayed back there. They're not the same as the ones I make, which use the resin instead. I haven't gotten the specifics of making pokeballs from apricorns yet."

BluesEclipse
2012-10-08, 09:40 PM
Arayos watches the procession silently, leaning against a building and considering this new invention. After a moment, he nods, and pushes away from the wall, approaching the inventor and those near her. "So you have a way of turning Pokemon from ravenous beasts to useful allies... still, just one of those balls won't help when you've got a pack of them descending on you. If you need a hand, I've faced them down before, and am more than willing to help."

EdroGrimshell
2012-10-08, 10:19 PM
Kagami turns to the newcomer, "I have ten pokeballs on me at this time. I can catch a few once we're in the field," she says, "we'll stop by the center first, you need to pick up your pokeballs, I can take you through the back way so you don't have to worry about the lines."

Using Informed Tracker +
[roll0]

Informed Tracker +
Prerequisite: Capture Specialist, Informed Tracker, 16 INT
Daily
Target: A Route, cave, or other wild area.
Effect: Roll 1d20 and add your INT modifier. On a roll of 12 or higher, you identify the area. You know which pokemon are known to commonly inhabit identified areas, and if any apricorns commonly grow in the area. On a roll of 20 or higher, you know of any rare pokemon that may be said to inhabit the area, and subtract 10 from any Capture Rolls made identified areas for the rest of the day. This Feature replaces Informed Tracker.

BluesEclipse
2012-10-08, 10:46 PM
Nodding at the girl, Arayos replies, "That's true, but you're also limited by how many you can throw before they reach you. I'm quite accustomed to combatting Pokemon... though I look forward to seeing how these work. Arayos Vayen," he introduces himself, tipping his hat slightly, "hunter. A pleasure to meet you, Miss...?"

EdroGrimshell
2012-10-08, 10:48 PM
"Kagami Kurotsuchi."

mrwest13
2012-10-09, 10:57 AM
With the crowd already dissipating in a buzz of new conversation, you walk out of town, heading west to the forest. The guards at the gate recognize Kagami, and wave the party through.

It's a short walk across the plain to get to the forest, and the grass grows higher as you venture farther from town. Up ahead, you can see various rustlings in the grass.

passinglurker
2012-10-09, 11:14 AM
"so shall I whip up some bait, or are you just going to run in there and hope you see one of those ankle biters before it sees you?" says Kookie pulling out his cooking supplies and looking around for berries
healer berry search[roll0] vs. 15
what kind if found [roll1]
healer berry search[roll2] vs. 15
what kind if found [roll3]
flavor berry search[roll4] vs. 15
what kind if found [roll5]
flavor berry search[roll6] vs. 15
what kind if found [roll7]

Emperor Ing
2012-10-09, 01:31 PM
Right. Alfred Jehovaweh. Humble servant of Lord Arceus.


PRESENT...

I doubt they understand the situation well enough. No need to be hostile, but to show them we mean no harm would be the best thing to do. And what is it with Pokemon and tall grass? Speaking of which, forgive me for not asking earlier, and I sincerely beg your pardon if I am bothering you with my questions, but do these "pokeballs" work on humans too?

passinglurker
2012-10-09, 01:45 PM
Kookie buts in again "I doubt it other wise berries and potions would work to and I wouldn't be on a first name basis with the hospital" as pokes around for berries

EdroGrimshell
2012-10-09, 02:34 PM
"Berries do work on humans, I've used orans before, and I said the pokeballs work because of a frequency pokemon have that humans don't. It's impossible to catch a human because we lack that frequency. Think of it as a spiritual signature or extra flavor from a secret ingredient," Kagami says, associating the science to the professions of the two that were asking.

"I do suggest we go with bait," she says, "pokemon are generally more docile after they've eaten."

And yes, by the rules, humans can use berries to heal.

Emperor Ing
2012-10-09, 02:44 PM
Alfred looks at Kagami a bit more apprehensively. In his mind, she basically just admitted that the spark pokemon have that is inherited directly from Arceus, the spark that humans lack (spark or frequency, whatever it's called) has now been weaponized against them by science.

((Apologies if I seem like i'm being or going to be antagonistic, but at this point I feel Alfred can't come to the conclusion that this is a mutually positive experience.))

passinglurker
2012-10-09, 06:29 PM
where does it say that? cause if it does we are going to have to retcon some stuff cause there is no way for kookie not to know that
Kookie rolls his eyes and mentally labels the pale girl a know it all, but being right isn't worth missing out on a pokeball so after pocketing his found berries he whips up a salad with the local plants and dowses it in a strong smelling sauce "we'll start with a herbivore bait those aren't as territorial"bait roll[roll0]

EdroGrimshell
2012-10-09, 06:50 PM
It's pretty much an unspoken rule, literally every GM i've had for a PTA game rules it, and I've been in a few. And the GMs always say it's in the books, but I can't seem to find it.

"Good idea," Kagami says, "I know some pokemon in the area, I may be able to lure another one here."

Roll: [roll0]

Wilderness Tracker
Prerequisites: Collector, Informed Tracker+
Daily
Target: A Route, cave, or other wild area.
Effect: Roll 1d20 and add your DEX and INT modifiers. If the total exceeds 20, you initate an encounter with Pokemon you know to be in the area. If the total exceeds 25, a pokemon you have not captured appears during the encounter.

passinglurker
2012-10-09, 06:57 PM
funny most gm's I've had the unspoken rule has effectively been "no item works on both pokemon and humans unless it explicitly says otherwise" sure you might be able to chew a berry to get rid of a bruise but I don't think you can use it for the same sort of rapid regeneration pokemon are capable of"lets keep it to one at a time I made the mistake of feeding a spearow in view of a whole flock once and it wasn't long before they all wanted a piece and they got real mad when I ran out"

BluesEclipse
2012-10-09, 08:20 PM
Nodding, Arayos says, "We definitely want to limit how many are drawn to us. I'll stand ready in case we do need to defend ourselves, though." With that, Arayos withdraws a small crossbow, a weapon of burnished oak with an almost orange stain to it, and loads a bolt. As he pulls the bolt back into ready position, the loaded projectile begins to shimmer, as if a flame was lit just beneath the surface of the object.

Regarding the Berry issue, I read the intent as humans cannot use berries. See the following:


Berries, or fruits, cover the Pokemon world’s trees and brush with flavorful food, tasty to humans and useful to pokemon.

The bolded section seems to indicate that berries are not useful to humans.

passinglurker
2012-10-09, 08:26 PM
"put that thing away don't you think a mon knows a weapon when it sees one? if it turns violent I can keep it busy long enough for you to get ready"OOC threads are for squares :D

BluesEclipse
2012-10-09, 09:07 PM
Arayos looks at the cook curiously before nodding, tucking the loaded crossbow into his coat carefully. "While I would think it prudent to be prepared just in case, I can accept that my knowledge of Pokemon is limited more to combating them."

passinglurker
2012-10-09, 09:30 PM
"well everything is set and the breeze is beginning to waft the smell into the grass I recommend we assume cover the friendly docile loners we seem to be after are a wee bit skittish when it comes to crowds" Kookie then hides in a nearby bush and thinks I really hope this shrub is unoccupied

BluesEclipse
2012-10-09, 09:34 PM
Arayos nods, slipping into the foliage cautiously, a hand near his crossbow just in case.

Dex check for stealth, if needed: [roll0]

mrwest13
2012-10-10, 05:29 PM
The rustling in the tall grass zig-zags around for awhile, slowly tending toward the bait set by Kookie. Eventually, you see a small black nose pop out of the brush and sniff the air a couple times. Cautiously, a small critter, roughly 1' tall, walks out towards the bait and begins to nibble at the edges. After about half a minute, it starts to eat more wholeheartedly, letting out small squeaks from time to time. Its shabby fur seems to ruffle whenever the wind picks up, forming odd angles for the most part.

EdroGrimshell
2012-10-10, 05:51 PM
Kagami pulls a small book from her skirt pocket and flips through it to find the entry on the pokemon.

My Informed Tracker + should give me an idea on what pokemon are in the area, I'm still waiting on that info.

Emperor Ing
2012-10-10, 06:16 PM
Alfred simply observes the creature silently.

passinglurker
2012-10-10, 06:38 PM
Kookie springs into action and quickly whips up some soul food (-^100 celery stick dipped in more sauce herbivores are easier to please than others) and waits for the mon to finish the bait. when it does finish he sticks out the celery stick from the bush and says gently "tk-tk-tk over here little buddy want some more?" as he slowly emerges from the bushes in a crouched position to appear less threatening. thanks to his long bushy beard and hair he almost looks more mon than man squatting like that.
CHA to befriend the mon [roll0]

mrwest13
2012-10-11, 09:44 PM
As Kagami identifies the Pokemon as a Zigzagoon, it pauses to sniff the air again. Creeping over to the celery stick, it takes a few bites.

As you wait with bated breath, you hear a Pokemon cry from above. A shadow appears over the Zigzagoon as a birdlike Pokemon swoops in for an attack run. The Zigzagoon nimbly dodges out of the way, but stands its ground rather than fleeing into the grass. It seems that this is its territory, and it intends to protect it.

The flying Pokemon flies around to the north, readying for another attack.

passinglurker
2012-10-11, 09:47 PM
"don't worry bud we're on your side" says Kookie pulling out his trusty cast iron frying pan ready to swat at the bird should it stay low long enough "now would be a good time for some crossbow action fellas!"

BluesEclipse
2012-10-11, 09:51 PM
Arayos nods, pulling out his crossbow and taking aim at the bird, preparing to fire as soon as it comes within range.

Arms Attack against the bird when it comes into range 10.

Arayos: Arms Attack(Twilight's Arrow) v Bird - AC: [roll0] v 2 + Phys Evasion, [roll1] Fire Damage plus [roll2] on Crit.

Emperor Ing
2012-10-11, 10:21 PM
Alfred moves to stand between the zigzagoon and the bird.
Zagami, you have the Compendium. What is that?

mrwest13
2012-10-12, 06:47 AM
The Taillow plummets to the ground when hit by the bolt, falling into the tall grass on the other side of the path. You hear screeching as two more from the flock flap their way out of the grass and begin their assault.

EdroGrimshell
2012-10-12, 05:20 PM
"The only bird pokemon in the area is Taillow," Kagami says, pulling a pokeball from her pack and letting it spin on her finger before letting it drop and kicking it into one of the birds.

Capture Roll: [roll0]
Dealt 6 Damage from Curve Ball

passinglurker
2012-10-12, 05:44 PM
Since he is accustomed to taking hits Kookie tries to direct the last bird away from the zigzagoon and at himself with bad puns. "Hey you feather brain! come get a bite of Kookie unless you're too 'chicken' that is HA!" if it winds up close enough Kookie will swing his frying pan at it
Cha to provoke the tailow to focus on kookie [roll0]

arms attack
hit[roll1] vs. 4
damage[roll2]

mrwest13
2012-10-15, 10:25 PM
Kookie misses with his frying pan, but creates enough of a diversion for the Taillow to swoop away from the Zigzagoon and slap Kookie hard with its wing. Before flying off to ready for another attack run.

Kookie takes 48 damage

The Pokeball sits in the grass, looking relatively normal. If you hadn't seen the Taillow disappear moments before, you would wonder who had dropped it. As you look at this peculiar scene, two more Taillow join the remaining one and ready to attack.

Emperor Ing
2012-10-15, 10:35 PM
Seeing Kookie hurt is a bit more than Alfred can handle. He whips out his pistol, and fires it into one of the Tailow, hoping to at the very least scare them off.
[roll0]
[roll1]

BluesEclipse
2012-10-15, 10:46 PM
I'm assuming it's a new turn, so...

Arayos curses as the bird strikes the cook, even as he pushes his awe at the effects of the so-called "Pokeball" into the back of his mind. He could be impressed after the remaining members of the flock were handled - and to that end, he quickly loads another crossbow bolt, taking careful aim at the first bird that comes within range.

Arayos: Arms Attack(Arrow of Twilight) v Wild Taillow - AC: [roll0] v 2 + Phys Evasion, [roll1] Fire Damage plus [roll2] on Crit.

passinglurker
2012-10-15, 10:52 PM
"girl now would be a good time to prove your claim about gaining a mons trust through stuffing it in a tiny ball really works" shouts Kookie. he then offers an arm to the zigzagoon "If you want some payback on these flappers then climb up little guy you can use the height to leap off and headbutt the birds in mid air" he then gets ready to swing at the next bird to attackcha the zigzagoon if needed [roll0]

arms attack
hit [roll1] vs.4
damage [roll2]

EdroGrimshell
2012-10-15, 11:07 PM
Kagami runs over to the pokeball and grabs it before pulling a knife and throwing it at one of the birds, "the pokeball doesn't make them instantly trust me, I said it makes it easier for trainer and pokemon to understand each other! And those are it's friends, if I try to make it attack them before he gets to know me it'll end badly!"

Arms Attack
AC: [roll0] vs. 6
Damage: [roll1]
Crit: [roll2]

mrwest13
2012-10-17, 09:14 PM
Shot from the pistol strikes the airborne Taillow, injuring it badly as it flies away. A bolt flies from Arayos' crossbow, flying wide but demanding attention. Hesitating for a moment, it seems to decide that this is not a fight that it wants to have, and flaps off into the distance. Three more of its flock emerge from the grass to join it in retreat.

It takes the party a moment to move, seemly frozen in time, waiting for another feathered creature to swoop in, but nothing happens. A still falls over the plain.

passinglurker
2012-10-17, 09:33 PM
Kookie massages where he got hit thats going to leave a welt he thinks before saying to the Zigzagoon "whew close call wouldn't you say little guy? you know if you want you can come with us. it would be a big change from the life you're used to but it would mean better food and no more having to worrying so much about tailows any more because you'll have some friends watching your back. what do ya say? partners?" says Kookie offering a hand as if to shake the mons paw Cha to solidify alliance to the point of hopefully convincing the mon to hop in a ball [roll0]

EdroGrimshell
2012-10-17, 10:46 PM
Kagami looks at the pokeball for a moment, then lets the taillow out "well, that was interesting wasn't it?" she asks the bird mon.

mrwest13
2012-10-19, 06:42 AM
The Zigzagoon sniffs Kookie's hand, then starts sniffing your bag for more food. At least its tail is wagging.

The Taillow hops around, looking at Kagami warily. It doesn't seem to have any intention of flying away.

passinglurker
2012-10-19, 06:56 AM
"heh yep if you become my partner the better food is included of course" he feeds it the rest of the celery stick the taillow interrupted before saying to Kagami "uh... Kagami" first time he was polite enough to say her name "any chance I could buy one of those gizmos off you now? I don't think this little guy is going wait around for me to run back to town and stand in line for a ball"

EdroGrimshell
2012-10-19, 11:08 AM
Kagami looks at it for a moment, "I should probably find something to call you," she comments lightly. She then sighs, "I'll worry about that later," she continues before turning to the others and tossing each a single pokeball, "don't worry about payment this time."

I need the stats for the Taillow. Gender, Ability, Level, Nature, Etc. so i can put it on my sheet.

passinglurker
2012-10-19, 11:21 AM
"thanks" Kookie catches the ball and places in front of the zigzagoon "Its your choice if you want to come along eat some good food, learn some cool tricks, maybe find your self a significant other to make eggs with, and generally have a big adventure then press the button"I have no clue what sort of roll you expect for this or even if i need a roll at all but for the sake of pace here is a cha and capture roll but keep in mind I'm not throwing it I'm trying to convince it to come willingly
capture[roll0]
cha[roll1]

Emperor Ing
2012-10-19, 01:59 PM
Alfred seems particularly confused after seeing the Taillow come in and out in such a manner. He watches the Zigzagoon intently, but sure to keep a respectable distance. If there's any bright side to all this, it's that this apparent capture is voluntary on the part of pokemon.

BluesEclipse
2012-10-19, 07:32 PM
Arayos nods, catching the ball and examines it curiously. "A curious device... though the fact that it didn't immediately lash out at you upon being released is quite impressive... these could prove quite useful," he says, finishing his examination of the device and stowing it in one of his pockets. "So... what now?"

mrwest13
2012-10-19, 11:37 PM
The Zigzagoon seems to realize something just as it is about to nudge the Pokeball. Scurrying back into the brush, it comes back a minute later with a Fire Stone in its mouth. Dropping it at Kookie's feet, it presses the mechanism with its nose and disappears. There is a distinct *click* a moment later, then nothing.

The Fire Stone has a tag attached to it that reads "Stanforth's Emporium of Curiosities" on one side. You wonder how it got all the way out here.

passinglurker
2012-10-20, 12:02 AM
"well well well my old nemesis, the glowing red rock" he picks it up and puts it away "lots of bad memories of befriending a fluffy foxy mon just for it to bump into one of these, turn into a fire breathing monster and then try to set me on fire. remember that the cute ones are the most dangerous" he says to the others, he then lets the zigzagoon out and says as he picks it up "thanks for the rock little guy" notices a detail on closer examination "heh or should I say little girl. I think I'll call you zaggy sound good?" says kookie as he lets the zigzagoon ride on his head

EdroGrimshell
2012-10-20, 12:24 AM
"Fire stones, helps certain pokemon evolve," Kagami says, "they also sell rather well if you need the money," she says.

She turns to the taillow, "how about I call you Sora," she asks the bird mon, which turns its head before making a noise, "alright then, Sora it is. You can stay out if you want."

Emperor Ing
2012-10-20, 02:08 PM
Although the potential for abuse did exist, there is no use prosecuting a crime that has not been committed. Regardless, it makes Alfred smile to see his companions getting along with the pokemon so well.

Though the mention of evolution.
Evolution. That's the process in which pokemon mature into more powerful forms, correct? Like Metamorphosis?

EdroGrimshell
2012-10-20, 02:25 PM
"Correct, a lot of pokemon have an evolution," Kagami says, "or multiple evolutions. Sora here has one," she opens the compendium and goes to the page on swellow, "this is swellow, the evolution for taillow. It's faster and stronger, as well as more resilient. Zigzagoon have one too," she turns to the page, "linoone. As you can see, the change is noticeable, but not overly major for these two. Some are far more drastic."

passinglurker
2012-10-20, 08:00 PM
"Hear that zaggy? you're gonna spontaneously get big some day so live up riding on my head while you can" Jokes Kookie to the zigzagoon before saying to everyone "so what now? I for one am not bored of you guys yet, and no one is in need of immediate medical attention so shall we see if we can find some more mons to make friends with? Though I wouldn't recommend seeding more bait it sets a bad precedent."

Emperor Ing
2012-10-20, 09:53 PM
The priest shrugs. I have no reason to not continue.

BluesEclipse
2012-10-20, 10:14 PM
Nodding, Arayos says, "I'm fine with continuing... what else can we expect to find around here, Kagami?"

EdroGrimshell
2012-10-20, 11:18 PM
"Quite a few actually, for more common ones," she labels off and briefly describes the mon, going through the compendium, "there are a few rare ones too," she repeats what she had done with the common ones then closes the book, "I suggest starting closer to the forest, the grass here only offers so much cover for pokemon to be comfortable with."

passinglurker
2012-10-20, 11:54 PM
as Kagami lists off what is found locally Kookie thinks got one... bit me before... knocked me out before... gave me a welt recently... I have no idea what that one did but it hurt... DEMON! DEMON OF DROWSINESS!... knocked me out before... knocked me out before... never seen one but that would explain how I got knocked out that one time... knocked me out before... oh gods keep that one away from the glowing rocks!... he then says "forest sounds good maybe I'll find some apricorns in there to start growing I imagine they are about to get very popular, ready to go find a boyfriend zaggy?" "ZIG!" "I'll take that as a yes"

mrwest13
2012-10-21, 04:30 PM
Your party continues along the route, but it seems that your recent combat caused enough of a stir that much of the wildlife is giving you a wide berth. As you see the forest on the horizon, you notice a small path leading off of the main route. It seems to be made by small critters, judging by the width, and it quickly disappears over a hill to the north.

passinglurker
2012-10-22, 03:51 PM
"looks like something has been through here" says kookie studying the offshoot path closely looking for footprints, sniffing the air, listening for poke-calls, and tasting the dirt. To try to figure out when the last time something used that path wis[roll0]

mrwest13
2012-10-22, 04:15 PM
The path is quite recent, and at least somewhat regularly traveled. You can hear a distant call, but just as the tracks on the path are obscured by the breeze, so is the sound in the air.

passinglurker
2012-10-22, 05:08 PM
Kookie savors the taste of the dirt for a moment before spitting it back out "yep... and recently too. shall we find out what it is? its a stronger lead to finding more pokemon than just waltzing into the woods."

BluesEclipse
2012-10-22, 07:49 PM
Arayos nods, and says, "Indeed... let's see what awaits us." With that, he begins moving carefully down the path, trying to keep from detection as much as possible.

Stealth: [roll0]

passinglurker
2012-10-22, 08:06 PM
"well I won't spoil your fun sneaking around so give a holler when you break cover" says Kookie following but not cresting the hill till Arayos its ok

mrwest13
2012-10-22, 09:06 PM
Arayos sneaks off about 250 yards before spotting a small gathering of Pokemon near a few berry bushes. Their smooth, green-topped heads make them a little hard to spot against the berry bushes, but their white bodies create enough of a contrast to count how many there are: 4.

BluesEclipse
2012-10-22, 09:10 PM
Arayos watches the Pokemon for a moment, pulling out his own Pokeball consideringly, before nodding to himself and thinking, They might do... He looks back to see if he can spot the others, and if so, motions for them to come forward, before turning his attention towards the four Pokemon, waiting for the group to arrive so that he can consult Kagami's compendium.

passinglurker
2012-10-22, 09:12 PM
Since Kookie is neither stealthy nor can he see gestures due to a hill being in the way. so he stays put for the time being.

EdroGrimshell
2012-10-22, 09:52 PM
Kagami heads up to Arayos, getting Kook and Alfred to follow, looking over at the mon, it matched the description of Ralts, "psychic type, one I've been interested in too," she says, "They're friendly if you don't have any ill intent, though if they get a bad feeling about you they can hurt."

BluesEclipse
2012-10-22, 10:02 PM
Nodding, Arayos says, "Psychics... they can be powerful, but they are vulnerable to spirits, and creatures of shadow - given that those are most often what I find myself tasked with hunting, I don't believe they would be useful to me. I'll wait here, so as not to spook them, though."

passinglurker
2012-10-22, 10:09 PM
kookie whispers "what do you think zaggy think you can make an egg with one of those?" the zigzagoon shakes her head "looks like its a no for us too but those berries look interesting maybe we can come to some sort of trade what does the compendium say they eat?"

EdroGrimshell
2012-10-22, 10:18 PM
"They're omnivorous," Kagami replies.

passinglurker
2012-10-22, 10:38 PM
"easy" he pulls out a pot, pours a canteen of water in it. and then adds carrots, potatoes, seasoning, and bits of preserved meat "alright all we need is a fire to heat it up so time to break cover" when the mons look away kookie steps out casually and slowly starts setting up a fire pit and a tripod to hang the pot from before starting a fire to heat up the stew. when he is noticed he will just say "morning nice day for a picnic huh?" do telepathic mons think in english?

using soul food (-^100 worth of food)

Cha to prevent getting his mind slagged or ralts fleeing[roll0]

Emperor Ing
2012-10-22, 11:32 PM
Alfred breaks his own silence and decides to join Kookie.
Actually, I could go for something too.
He then looks to the grouped Ralts. Come on, don't be shy.

EdroGrimshell
2012-10-22, 11:49 PM
Kagami shakes her head and walks over as well, though she remains slightly back as she takes a seat, letting Sora talk to the Ralts.

mrwest13
2012-10-23, 04:57 PM
The Ralts don't seem too interested in the stew, although they do notice the smell as it permeates the area. They continue to stand in a cluster, occasionally taking bites out of the berries on the bush.

Zaggy sniffs your stew with interest, but seems to still be full from its earlier meal.

passinglurker
2012-10-24, 10:35 AM
Kookie sends a friendly shout down the hill "anybody wanna try Kookies oh so yummy potato stew? only one berry for the whole pot"
cha [roll0]

EdroGrimshell
2012-10-24, 10:52 AM
"They don't seem interested," Kagami says before she stands and slowly approaches the ralts, stopping if they show that they don't want her any closer, though their ability to sense her intentions should be enough to not make them uncomfortable, she then offers a hand to them, just to see what they'd do.

mrwest13
2012-10-24, 04:46 PM
As Kagami walks toward the Ralts, they suddenly seem startled. However, they look off to the west, rather than southward where your party stands. There is some tree cover off that way, but you can't see or hear anything moving from that direction.

passinglurker
2012-10-24, 07:11 PM
not seeing anything in the trees to be worried about Kookie jokes "heh maybe their spooked by a pack of berry steal'n invisible lizards like you were talking about earlier. heh heh" he stares at the trees regardless so he doesn't creep out the ralts by staring at them.Wis[roll0]

BluesEclipse
2012-10-24, 09:11 PM
Seeing the Ralts startle, Arayos looks off in the same direction they turn, trying to sneak a bit closer to that direction to get some idea of what it is - while still keeping close enough that he can see the rest of the group.

Perception: [roll0]
Stealth: [roll1]

mrwest13
2012-10-24, 09:53 PM
Arayos slinks around, but can't notice anything specific that gave the Ralts such a scare. They still appear to be waiting for whatever you can't see.

EdroGrimshell
2012-10-26, 11:36 PM
Kagami, seeing the ralts startled, turns and tosses a knife at the spot they're looking at to see if she hit anything or if anything moved out of the way.

Arms Attack
AC: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
Crit: [roll2]

Perception: [roll3]

passinglurker
2012-10-26, 11:49 PM
Kookie gets bored picks up the stew and starts to walk it over to the berry patch "the things I go through to prevent a good meal from going cold alright you drive a hard bargain the stew is free"

Emperor Ing
2012-10-26, 11:53 PM
I mean no offese Kookie, look at them. They clearly don't want your meal.

passinglurker
2012-10-27, 12:01 AM
"look harder stiff they don't want to leave their berries. I'm not about to allow good cooking go cold so I'm just going to leave stew where they can reach it and then see what's got them spooked" responds Kookie he then puts on a friendly smile and keeps walking Cha to look non-threatening[roll0]
Wis to see trouble coming [roll1]

BluesEclipse
2012-10-27, 02:31 AM
Arayos continues to watch from his hidden position, his crossbow at the ready.

mrwest13
2012-10-27, 10:26 AM
As the knife disappears into the brush, grass begins to rustle quite near to where it landed. Making a straight line towards the gathering of Ralts, Pokemon burst out of the brushline about 15 meters away.

It looks like a pack of 5 puppies. That is, if all puppies had needle sharp teeth and dark salt-and-pepper hair. The red eyes don't help either. These mon seem a little more desperate than many you've observed from the safety of the city, as they have made little or no attempt to surround their prey before attacking.

passinglurker
2012-10-27, 10:43 AM
Kookie whistles loudly to get the pooches attention as he tries to get between them and the ralts"PHEEEEEEWWWWWW!!! For the last time FREEEE STEEEEW!!! WITH MEAT!!!" he quickly sets the stew down in the pooches path steps back still between the pooches and the ralts and and chugs a flask(energy drink temporary hp+30) zaggy is ready to leap off and protect kookie if necessary.

Cha disrupt charge and offer stew[roll0]

mrwest13
2012-10-29, 09:40 PM
2 of the creatures veer off toward Kookie. The remaining 3 continue their charge.

EdroGrimshell
2012-10-29, 09:53 PM
Kagami narrows her eyes and tosses a pokeball at one of the charging pokemon.

Use my second Curve Ball (6 damage) and Capture Maniac usage, leaving me with one of each.
[roll0]

BluesEclipse
2012-10-29, 10:26 PM
Arayos scowls as some of the hounds continue their charge at the Ralts, and takes aim, firing a pinpoint shot at one just as Kagami captures another.

Arayos: Arms Attack v Wild - AC: [roll0] v 2 + Phys Evasion, 75 Fire Damage (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=14137917&postcount=178).
[roll1] Fire Damage plus [roll2] on Crit.

Using on-hit trigger to apply Power Attack on this shot for +2 damage base, will roll new damage + crit damage in OOC.

passinglurker
2012-10-30, 12:33 AM
As he sees the two headed for him kookie says "take it easy no need to rush there is enough for both of ya" if it doesn't look like they are going to take it easy Kookie will whistle loudly again if it looks like they want a bite of Kookie over the stew by passing by the stew and moving on to Kookie. Then Kookie will swing at one while Zaggy headbutts the other.
cha to encourage proper table manners [roll0]

mrwest13
2012-10-31, 09:00 PM
One of the pups yelps as the bolt strikes, slumping on the spot. A moment later, it bursts into flame, burning away at the fur.

The Pokeball sails over the Pokemon leading the charge and hits the other in the snout. It rapidly shrinks into a bright white light, leaving the ball to rest in a ways off. The leader, noticing that its pack has scattered, veers away from the Ralts, running off into the nearby tall grass.

The two Pokemon rushing Kookie jump over the stew, seeming to think they'll need to take you down before enjoying the meal you put out so nicely for them. Kookie and Zaggy both attack as they receive blows, but no combatant goes down.

passinglurker
2012-11-01, 09:32 AM
"not me the steeew!" Kookie tries to knock one in the direction the stew with his frying pan as he points at the pot "I won't stop you from lapping up stew but you're not getting a bite out of me or zaggy pooch" Zaggy zigs around her opponent and zags back with a tackle
arms attack
[roll0] vs. 4
[roll1]

tackle
[roll2] vs. 3
[roll3]

mrwest13
2012-11-08, 07:22 AM
Zaggy gets a good piece out of the 'mon it attacks. Fainting it, Zaggy turns to the one attacking Kookie and growls viciously.

passinglurker
2012-11-08, 12:05 PM
"I won't have good cooking go to waste so eat the dang stew before I knock you out and force feed it to you!" says a rather ticked off kookie

Cha[roll0]

mrwest13
2012-11-09, 07:38 AM
The creature runs off into the woods instead of listening to Kookie. Again, the tense silence of post-battle falls over the area.

passinglurker
2012-11-09, 08:23 AM
XP for zaggy?
grumbling to himself about stew kookie looks through his bag for his energy powder
gonna use it to slowly revive the KO'd pooch can I just pinch off enough to put it at ~1-10HP and waste the rest?

EdroGrimshell
2012-11-12, 09:45 PM
"That was eventful," Kagami says, picking up the poochyena's pokeball.

mrwest13
2012-11-14, 07:35 AM
Kookie heals the Poochyena a little bit. It looks like it may come to in a couple minutes.

The Ralts are now looking at your party with interest.

EdroGrimshell
2012-11-14, 11:21 AM
Kagami looks at the ralts, "sorry about that, they were interupting," she looks at her compendium, "them being dark types means you're weak to they're attacks, and they're virtually immune to yours... I'm sure if you come with us we can help you so you won't have to worry about that anymore. You won't even need to go into a pokeball unless you want to," she says, holding up one of said items, which she places on the ground before them, "but, it's easier if you do use one since it can prevent you from getting hurt once inside it."

passinglurker
2012-11-14, 01:16 PM
Kookie sets the stew back on the tripod to keep it warm. As the pooch begins to regain consciousness Kookie will pour some broth down its throat and have a bowl ready in front of it energy powder tastes nasty so its good to take it with a spoon full of home cooking.