PDA

View Full Version : IC: E-i-E - Ardent Emancipation

Pages : 1 [2]

Major
2012-11-16, 09:51 PM
"He's lying; the bridge is weakening. It can't take another blast like that." Kelaeon said with a smirk. "Keep firing, once the shield is down I'll use the Force to help toss them around."

Thundercracker
2012-11-18, 06:54 AM
Ice
"Why not just do it now, while they can't get us?" Ice asks, "or better yet, toss the leader around and get his followers to follow you instead."

Major
2012-11-18, 02:33 PM
"Hmmm...taking out the leader should damage morale too." Kelaeon states, "You're right. As long as the bridge is up I don't need to focus on defending as much." Kelaeon says, "Thank you, Ice."

He points at the leader and throws his hand up at the roof.

Move Object, throw the guy at the roof
[roll0]
[roll1] (Count order left to right, will total up once I see how many d6)

Total: 8d6 (one short of 10d6)
Damage: 31

Felhammer
2012-11-18, 10:06 PM
Kel launches the "King" up into the roof, slamming his head into the ceiling with a decidedly loud thud.

Noedig
2012-11-18, 11:05 PM
"HAHA! Do it again! Warn me this time though, I want a picture!"

Felhammer
2012-11-19, 12:49 AM
The "King" screams, "WHAT MAGIC... A-Are you a servant of the All Powerful Sky Worm...? Yes. Yes! He too has magical abilities! Children, children - you are meeting an Angel, descended from heaven to save us from this wretched plague! Bow down and worship the Crimson Angel! He shall bring us the salvation we so richly deserve!"

Major
2012-11-19, 01:06 AM
Kelaeon blinks for a moment trying to figure out what the hell happened. "Uhh...yeah, exactly..." He says confused, "The Sky Worm is here."

Felhammer
2012-11-19, 01:23 AM
The "King" howls, "THE SKY WORM HAS SENT HIS ANGEL! WE ARE SAVED! FREE US FROM THE DARK DRAGON'S HELL! WE ARE YOUR SERVANTS, CRIMSON ANGEL. IN YOUR JUDGMENT AND LEADERSHIP WE TRUST."

Iron Victory
2012-11-19, 01:54 AM
Walking through the blue door, Sairen takes in his surroundings. "Well, this has taken an interesting turn..." smirks the Chiss. Titus unwaveringly aims his blaster cannon at the nearest cultist.

Knowledge: Social Sciences [Try to determine the mindset of the prisoners. How likely are they to snap and turn on us...]
[roll0]

Knowledge: Galactic Lore [Have I ever heard of any religion or cult worshipping a Sky Worm or Dark Dragon?]
[roll1]

Titus readies an action to blow the head off any attackers.

Thundercracker
2012-11-19, 04:45 AM
Ice
"Wow, that actually worked?" Ice quips.

The Mrlssi peeks out into the chamber.

"Hey Kel, maybe you can use your divine influence to find out where the great Sky Worm last showed himself?" Ice asks, "you know, to prove their loyalty, or something."

Major
2012-11-19, 05:07 PM
"How do I truly know you are followers of the Sky Worm and not false followers and Blasphemers against the Great Sky Worm?" Kelaeon ask, "I demand a test of your knowledge and loyalty to him. Where was the Sky Worm last seen? Answer wrong, and the wrath of the Sky Worm will descend upon you!"

Noedig
2012-11-19, 05:23 PM
Jarik switched his commlink to Kel's private channel, still snickering.

"Can I be Wrath? Please?"

Felhammer
2012-11-19, 08:26 PM
The "King" prostrates himself before Kel, "DEAREST ANGEL, THE SKY WORM APPEARS TO US FROM BEYOND THE MOUNTAIN'S VEINS! HE ORDERS ME - HIS GREATEST PRIEST - TO PULL A LEVER IN THE ROOM BEYOND HIS VEINS TO CHANNEL HIS FIRE BLOOD UP TO HIGHMOUNTAIN!"

Major
2012-11-19, 09:44 PM
"It seems you do indeed know him and are truly his followers...still..." He trails off, "One more test. When does the Sky Worm order these things and how do his followers leave here when he deems them worthy to meet him?" He asked still trying to sound like he was testing them.

Felhammer
2012-11-19, 09:54 PM
"THE SKY WORM VISITS THRICE DAILY. THE TIME OF HIS ARRIVAL IS NEIGH! AS FOR YOUR SECOND QUESTION - WHEN WE ARE WORTHY, WE ASCEND TO HIGHMOUNTAIN THROUGH THE MOUNTAIN'S STOMACH!"

Thundercracker
2012-11-20, 04:56 AM
Ice
Ice enters the room and sits down near the open doorframe.

"If only I wasn't wearing this hazmat suit, I'd crack open a fizzler right now," he says on a closed line to the rest of the squad.

Noedig
2012-11-20, 12:14 PM
Jarik smirked behind his helmet and keyed the squad's private frequency.
"Better believe I'm having a few bottles after this mess."

Iron Victory
2012-11-20, 12:29 PM
An exasperated Sairen chips in on the frequency. "I'll be buying. Anyway, cut the chatter."

Major
2012-11-20, 03:43 PM
Kelaeon nods, "So, we got a group of crazies. How much do we want to believe?"

Thundercracker
2012-11-20, 06:33 PM
Ice
"I thought we're waiting because according to that guy, the Sky Worm makes an appearance three times a day, and he's about to show up. The question is, how long do we want to wait for him before deciding these guys are just nuts and we move on?" the mrlssi asks.

Ice looks around the room for a second exit.

Felhammer
2012-11-20, 09:39 PM
Ice thinks that perhaps the "King" is using metaphor to describe his surroundings. The Fireblood could be the magma and the veins the magma channels.

Thundercracker
2012-11-21, 05:10 AM
Ice
"It's also possible this guy means the magma is the fire blood and the veins are the tubes carrying the magma, but that's nothing more than a guess," Ice says.

Major
2012-11-21, 03:16 PM
"I considered it, but unless the Sky Worm is the doctor I'm not sure our waiting is the best bet..." Kelaeon said, "And if it is our enemy he probably won't be coming since we are nearby."

Thundercracker
2012-11-23, 05:03 AM
Ice
"I say we give it twelve minutes, then have him pull the lever to make the fire veins flow, or whatever he said," Ice says.

Felhammer
2012-11-23, 01:29 PM
The King walks over to Kel and says, "THE SKY WORM IS COMING! THE VEINS ARE QUIET!" He pulls a green lever back then rushes out of the blue room and bolts through the red door. All of you follow him down the hallway. The Magma has indeed stopped. As you near the end of the hall, the banging begins anew. The noise forces the King to slip and fall, slamming his head against the ground. He looks up to kell and yells, "THE ENEMY HAS INFILTRATED THE CHAMBER! WE MUST SAVE THE SKY WORM'S AVATAR! SAVE OUR SKY WORM!"

The banging gets louder and louder and louder, emulating cackling thunder. Suddenly the door collapses from the sheer weight of the mass behind it. A siren roars as the door that allowed you inside the hall slams shut. It is as if the hall will only allow one door to be open at a time... As the dust clears before you, ten horrifying, half-rotten zombies spill out into the hallway. The screech as they come to the collective awareness that there are brains in the hall. They claw and gnash and jostle for position, each wants to be the first to taste the braiiiiiins.

MAP (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqwAHuAvhXiqdF9YU21qOVkwWlBrZ3VjcGxYRklMS nc#gid=0)

You guys win initiative. First PC to post goes first. Once all PCs go, the bad guys go.

We'll pretend Graff just went back to the ship with the other Storm Troopers.

Major
2012-11-23, 03:39 PM
Kelaeon draws on the Force for a moment before pointing at the zombie on the bridge and chucking him off the bridge.

If I need to then spending a force point to get move object back and using it to chuck the zombie (ZS5) off the bridge.

[roll0]

Damage (if anything to slam him into, but main goal is off the bridge)
[roll1] (will tell which dice to count after seeing UTF check)
Damage: 35

Thundercracker
2012-11-23, 09:00 PM
Ice
Ice fires a shot at the nearest zombie.

atk: [roll0]
dmg: [roll1]

Felhammer
2012-11-24, 11:15 PM
With great effort, Ice and Kel barely slaughter the mass of zombies. Their ragged half-rotten corpses gyrate and twitch but little more. They appear dead... The hulking crowd of zombies on the other side of the busted door appear to be less dead and far more willing to devour your brains.

Noedig
2012-11-26, 12:32 AM
Kel and Ice had managed to drop the first zombie effectively, but there were a dozen more where that came from. Jarik lifted his rifle but hesitated. The blast could only go two ways, and one of those ways was back into his face. He smirked and let his rifle hang free as he took up a ready stance. The zombies were the same distance away as his old pistol targets back home, and now he had eighteen years of practice under his belt.

"I'll be your huckleberry."

His hand snapped down to his holster and whipped out his sidearm. He squeezed off eight shots in a second and a half, each one finding a mark. His pistol clicked dry on nine, and he holstered it with a flourish. The whole ordeal had taken about three seconds.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Felhammer
2012-11-26, 01:01 AM
Jarik fires off a few well aimed shots and pops the heads off six zombies. Their corpses fall flat on the ground, deader than a hotwired zygerian zero-g raditron collector.

Map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqwAHuAvhXiqdF9YU21qOVkwWlBrZ3VjcGxYRklMS nc#gid=0)

Noedig
2012-11-26, 01:05 AM
Jarik wished he could light up a cigarette. That kind of shooting deserved a reward.

"Someone get that on video?"

Felhammer
2012-11-26, 01:07 AM
Jax snorts, "It'd never look as cool as it was on vid."

Noedig
2012-11-26, 01:11 AM
"Damn, you're right. Well you all saw it so I've got twenty odd witnesses to back me up when I use this story to get laid tonight. So how about you get your big ass up here, Jax? Maybe earn a story of your own and let your CO rest on his laurels?"

Felhammer
2012-11-26, 01:15 AM
Jax rushes forward into the unknown, as he rounds the corner he yells, "Lotta undead freaks in here..."

He runs to get into the room, thus robbing him of his chance to shoot.

Noedig
2012-11-26, 01:29 AM
Jarik swore as Jax barreled passed him. Charging into a horde of teeth wasn't exactly what he'd meant.
"Don't get bit you karking retard! A good XO is hard to find, and I ain't taken care of all these kids by myself, you hear?!"

Iron Victory
2012-11-26, 03:13 AM
As the Herglic charges into the fray, Sairen mutters to himself. "The big guy sure is... enthusiastic, isn't he?" He marches forward, "Let's pull him out of the fire, gentlemen." Titus leads the Chiss, aiming to disintegrate some undead shamblers. As the duo files behind Jax, the droid fires a burst of crimson energy into the crowd of zombies. Its vocabulator crackles to life, "Filthy sacs of meat..."

Sairen
Standard: Activate Know Your Enemy. Try to learn the zombies' unarmed attack bonus and their reflex defense.
Galactic Lore: [roll0]
Move: Move to B15.
Swift: Activate Born Leader.

Titus
Standard: Shooting blaster cannon (area attack) centered on C20.
Attack: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]
Move: Move to C15.
Swift: Activate Harm's Way.

Mithric Gunn
2012-11-26, 12:56 PM
Sharka, still masked by the flow of the force, moves up, ready to rush up and tend to wounds should that become necassary.

Thundercracker
2012-11-26, 06:19 PM
Ice
Ice scampers over to the door as everyone else moves ahead of him, watching the entrance to the 'servant chamber' warily.

Major
2012-11-26, 06:34 PM
"Go forward, strike down all who oppose the Sky Worm!" Kelaeon called out trying not to facepalm at the words, but hoping to save Imperial troops by wasting crazy troops. Then he moved forward down the bridge.

Move action to move further down the hall. Not sure if I can get past people on such a small bridge, so if not just move me as close as I can, otherwise let's aim for B15. Alternatively does my Hawk Bat Swoop which is described as jumping to opponent with the force let me get over that gap and get to the zombies?

Felhammer
2012-11-26, 07:24 PM
As the group enters the room, they bare witness to a horrifying sight. Three hulking, patchwork, towering blobs of rotten flesh gyrate on the floor. Legs, arms and heads of sentients poke out from the fatty blob like the branches of a tree. Gaping orifices excrete bucket-loads of greenish red puss, which slithers down their corpulent bodies, leaving streaks of gore behind. Around them are smaller groups of zombies, which appear to be tethered together by flesh belts that have grown into their bodies. Finally, a few singular zombies shamble about. At the far end of the red-lit room lies a single lever.

Titus bursts into the room and fires off a torrent of shots, going so far as to knock a few limbs clear off. However, the corpulent mass appears unfazed by the blasts.

Mithric Gunn
2012-11-27, 12:32 AM
Sharka drops his concealment, and grasps the closest blob with the force, flinging it into the group of zombies behind it.
Using force point, utf check for move object:
[roll0] maintaining, and trying to position myself behind jax.
Will post dmg in ooc.

Felhammer
2012-11-27, 09:01 PM
The Zombie blob squeals like a Kaminoan Seal-Pig as it is flung against a smaller mass of zombies.

Major
2012-11-29, 02:47 AM
"Go forward, strike down all who oppose the Sky Worm!" Kelaeon called out trying not to facepalm at the words, but hoping to save Imperial troops by wasting crazy troops. Then he moved forward down the bridge.

Move action to move further down the hall. Not sure if I can get past people on such a small bridge, so if not just move me as close as I can, otherwise let's aim for B15. Alternatively does my Hawk Bat Swoop which is described as jumping to opponent with the force let me get over that gap and get to the zombies?

Quoting since missed.