PDA

View Full Version : Fallen Tribes



Pages : [1] 2

curf06
2012-10-09, 03:13 PM
You were captured by the bandit nation, stripped of all of your gear, and taken to their castle dungeon to await death. Turns out the bandits have a zero tolerance policy towards Divine Oracles. Fortunately enough for you the bandits were kind enough to "lend" you some rags to wear--which barely pass as clothing. There are two other prisoners with you in the cell. A Dragonborn and a rogue.
It took a month or two before the dragonborn eventually opened up, his name is Ormr, and he made his living as a body guard for caravans. But being a Warden can only do so much when outnumbered 10 to 1.
Ivan...well it was kind of obvious how he wound up here. He did say he was a Rogue.
What to do....

Fritz76
2012-10-13, 04:56 PM
Ivan paced through the small cell for what must have been the hundredth time. Either he was actually going mad or he was beginning to wear grooves into the floor. Art was sitting in the corner meditating as normal. Eventually something would happen and he wanted to be prepared for it when it did. He would kill for a good pair of lock picks at this point. Ivan seemed competent enough to use them.

curf06
2012-10-13, 05:03 PM
DM

[roll0]



"Are you going to keep pacing like that or would you like me to stop you?"

Fritz76
2012-10-13, 05:12 PM
Ivan "I would rather break out of here in silence, slash a throat or two and be gone before anyone else notices. But seeing as I can't pick a lock with my pinkie I will continue to pace, unless you want to break the door down Mr. beg strong Dragonborn"

Art- *snort speaking to Ivan "and here I though elves were supposed to be calm and tranquil creatures?"

Art found the scowl he received from Ivan hilarious.

curf06
2012-10-13, 05:26 PM
DM

Door Strength

Str VS 26 to break door
Dungeoneering vs 20 to know doors strength check



Ormr, while sitting down, stretches his hand over to the door and rests his palm on its surface, then gives the door a nudge.

Dungeoneering to test door strength
[roll0]

curf06
2012-10-13, 05:29 PM
DM

[roll0]



"I couldn't break the door even if I wanted to. Your strength would have to be twice mine. I suggest coming up with another solution."

Fritz76
2012-10-13, 05:39 PM
Muttering to himself Ivan proceeds to pace more searching for... well he didn't really know what. Anything.. anything would be useful at this point. ivan liked to think of himself as resourceful.

Art accepting that meditation wasn't going to do him any good thought he might as well take a look at the door. Unlikely that he'll find anything useful, but he might as well check. Besides, he hadn't heard the guards in a while and was curious if he could see anything outside of their small cell.

Fritz76
2012-10-13, 05:50 PM
Ivan's search: [roll0]
searching for anything that can be used against a lock/makeshift weapon

Art's investigation: [roll1]
Listening and looking for anyone or thing outside of their door

curf06
2012-10-13, 05:54 PM
DM

[roll0]


Ivan:
You see a skeleton of a former prisoner still shakled in the corner. Some of his bones are broken.

Art:
You hear nothing.

Fritz76
2012-10-13, 06:00 PM
Ivan search body and shackles for useful items, such as bones small enough to be used to pick something

[roll0]

Art turns to his cell mates, well either I'm going deaf or there isn't anything outs...or you seriously searching that guys corpse?!?!

Ivan-Desperate times call for desperate measures. Now be quiet.

curf06
2012-10-13, 06:09 PM
Ivan trips and falls into the pile of bones.

From the other side of the door you hear, "Look alive it's time for your morning gruel! Stand back or you'll be eating off of the floor."

A thick slat at the bottom of the floor opens up and three bowls are slid underneath. The moment the food comes through the slat slams shut.

Characters Roll Perception Checks

Ormr
Perception
[roll0]

Fritz76
2012-10-13, 06:11 PM
Ivan perception


Art perception
[roll1d20+6

Fritz76
2012-10-13, 06:15 PM
sorry typo

Art perception
[roll0]

curf06
2012-10-13, 06:21 PM
You all hear the guard take about 3 or 4 steps then anounce, "One coming out."
Another guard (you hear stand up), then say "You know you don't have to do that everytime."
A third guard (sounds like he might be sitting down) adds in, "Makes you sound like a tard."
"Shut yer mouths and let me through already."
You hear a door unlocked, the fading footsteps as the guard leaves, before the door slams shut then locks again. The two remaining guards sit back down. After a few minutes you hear one of them begin to snore.

Fritz76
2012-10-13, 06:27 PM
Ivan recheck corpse
[roll0]

Art check if anything from the try is useful
[roll1]

curf06
2012-10-13, 06:31 PM
Ivan
You find a bone shard that could pass for a small stabbing implement.

Art what are you checking against. If you're trying to get more info than what I gave you, there's nothing else to get. You need to decide what is and isn't useful about that info.

"The guards have made a slip in protocol."

Fritz76
2012-10-13, 06:38 PM
Thinking of something art calls his cellmates to him so he can whisper.
"I've got an idea. We can call "one coming out" as the other guard did and when the open the door Ivan can stab them in the neck. Thoughts?"

curf06
2012-10-13, 06:43 PM
"Small problem, we have to get out of this cell before we can get to the door. Also the two guards we heard are between our cell door and the next one that we heard the food guy leave through."

Fritz76
2012-10-13, 06:51 PM
Art- "Yes I know. That's why I told you so you could help. Why don't you make yourself useful and help us figure out how we can get out of this cell. Ivan, what can you do with that lock?"

Ivan- I'll tell you in a second. (examining lock)
[roll0]

Art- (searching food and trays for improvised weapons or tools (sharp knives improvised lock picks etc)
[roll1]

curf06
2012-10-14, 12:12 AM
Ivan
There is no access to the lock from the inside. The locking mechanism uses two 1" bolts on either side of the door.

Art
You don't find any potential weapons in the bowls. There is only the bowls and the grub inside.


"You are a Rogue why don't you play sick or attack one of us to get the guards in here."

Fritz76
2012-10-14, 12:45 AM
Ivan grins at Ormr "Are you voluteering?"

Art interjects "Oh, my gosh. Ok, you too are the strongest. I'll fake having a really bad reaction to the food. I've seen enough poison victims to play one convincingly. Ormr, do everything you can to get them to come in, they won't trust Ivan. Ivan you stay hidden and make sure the second guard doesn't close the door. If they both come in you take the second one if not you take out whoever stays in the room so they can't alert the other guards. If we're lucky the guard who is snoring will stay asleep."

curf06
2012-10-14, 10:20 AM
OOC (Out Of Character)
Ivan is starting to sound more like a neutral character than a good aligned character. Also the bone shard counts as an improvised weapon, so he gets no proficiency bonus, it does not count as a light blade, and it deals 1d4 damage.

The cell is a 3X3 square cell.


"When one of the guards comes to inspect Art, Ivan should do a sneak attack against him while I over power the other guard."

Fritz76
2012-10-14, 11:05 AM
Art- "Yes that was the idea." If the both come in Ivan takes the second one so that he isn't seen. If only one comes in he takes that one and you get the second so the door doesn't lock. Just get ready"

Art then moves to close to the far wall lying so he looks seriously ill. Ivan moves to hid behind the door when it opens, pointy bone shard in hand.

curf06
2012-10-14, 01:32 PM
Before anything happens Ormr grabs a bowl and drains its contents into his stomach. He then wipes his face and sets the bowl down. "Don't know when I'll be able to eat next." Then in a whisper, "Ivan you should call out to the guards, and tell them that Art is sick and needs help."

Fritz76
2012-10-14, 06:23 PM
As if on cue, Art begins to moan in pretended pain grasping his stomach and generally trying to sound and act like someone who is dying.
Ivan then bangs on the cell door. "Hey, something is seriously wrong with this guy. What did you guys put in the food? Poison! You need to do something with this guy, like right now!"

Ivan's bluff check
[roll0]

Fritz76
2012-10-14, 07:03 PM
Art's bluff check
[roll0]

curf06
2012-10-14, 07:09 PM
Characters
Fortunately for you the guards are too busy believing Ivan's lies than checking to make sure Art is really sick. "We'll be back with a medic." shoots one of the guards.

After the guards leave, "You may want to hide the bone shard behind your back when they come back, if they see you with it they'll see through our plan. Also Art you call that playing sick? Make it more convincing for when they come back, or else the medic will see right through you."

Fritz76
2012-10-14, 07:31 PM
Art "Well, there is a reason I didn't become a rouge. Lying has never been a strong suit of mine. I guess I can't even properly moan in pain."

Ivan- "It sounds like their will be three of them coming back. Same plan as before, but Art, you'll need to buy us a second with the medic."

Art- "I'll trip him when he gets close, should buy us enough time for you to take him out."

curf06
2012-10-14, 07:45 PM
DM

Turns before they come back
[roll0]

Number coming in
[roll1]

Medic Insight check
[roll2]


"You could try standing bending over while grabbing your stomach and moaning."

Fritz76
2012-10-14, 08:10 PM
I'll do that I just hope the hurry up and get back already.

curf06
2012-10-14, 08:58 PM
Art
Please roll a bluff check.

Fritz76
2012-10-15, 06:44 PM
Art bluff check
1d20+3

Fritz76
2012-10-15, 06:45 PM
art bluff check
[roll0]

curf06
2012-10-15, 06:49 PM
"Wow... I have an idea, how about I fake being sick and I'll take care of the Medic while you two take care of whoever is at the door."

Bluff for sickness
[roll0]

Fritz76
2012-10-15, 07:16 PM
Art walks defeatedly towards the edge of the room and switches places with Ormr, who Art would normally try to treat if he didn't know better. How on earth did a dragon born learn to make that horrendous noise. With Ivan still hiding all that was left now was to wait.

Ivan stealth check (just for good measure)
[roll0]

curf06
2012-10-15, 07:35 PM
You hear footsteps approaching your cell.
Perception Checks

Listen Ormr
[roll0]

Fritz76
2012-10-15, 08:36 PM
Art perception
[roll0]

Ivan perception
[roll1]

curf06
2012-10-15, 09:28 PM
DM
Whether or not the guard that is sitting down is sleeping.
[roll0]

Medic Initiative
[roll1]

Human Bandit
[roll2]


You hear 3 sets of feet walk through the door, one guard stops to sit down. 2 sets of feet approach your cell. "Stand back from the door or be cut down where you stand." You hear the sound of the bolts snapping open. The heavy door swings open. The Guard(I call them guards but they're really Human Bandits) stands in the doorway as the Medic steps in to examine Ormr. The Medic begins to examine Ormr.

Roll your Initiatives
Ormr
[roll3]

Fritz76
2012-10-16, 05:38 AM
Art initiative
[roll0]

Ivan initiative
[roll1]

curf06
2012-10-16, 10:06 AM
The turn order is: Bandit, Ivan, Ormr, Medic, then Art.

The Bandit stands in the doorway his attention is on the Medic.

Fritz76
2012-10-16, 11:14 AM
Ivan sneak attacks the Bandit

Stealth (not sure if this one is needed)
[roll0]

Attack
[roll1]

curf06
2012-10-16, 01:12 PM
Ivan's atk hits the Bandit. Roll Dmg. Also are you going to move? If so where?

Ormr
I use EarthGrasp Strike on the Medic.
[roll0]

I then spend an action point to use Bolstering Breath. Allies gain +1 bonus to their next atk roll, and take no damage. The breath hits everything within a 3X3 area, in short it hits Ivan, Art, Human Bandit, and Medic.
[roll1]

curf06
2012-10-16, 01:15 PM
Ormr misses with his EarthStrike Grasp. His Bolstering Breath hits everything. Art and Ivan gain a +1 to their next atk roll.

Human Bandit Damage
[roll0]

Medic Damage
[roll1]

curf06
2012-10-16, 01:57 PM
Also the Medic is targeted by Ormr.

Ivan Dmg Rolls
Human Bandit
Standard Dmg
[roll0]
Sneak Atk Dmg
[roll1]

The Medic goes to atk Art. As the Medic is about to atk Art it triggers Ormr's ability Warden's Fury [roll2]

curf06
2012-10-16, 02:03 PM
The Medic is hit by Warden's Fury. All allies gain combat advantage against the Medic (This means that on atk rolls we get a +2 against the Medic).
The Medic takes Also the Medic is targeted by Ormr.
[roll0]

The Medic atks Art with a Dagger
[roll1]
Potential Dmg
[roll2]

Fritz76
2012-10-16, 03:13 PM
Art moves to flank the medic, uses longtooth shifting (minor action,+2 to damage rolls) and attacks the medic with lance of faith (wisdom vs. reflex).(pg 63. 1d8+wis and one ally gains +2 to their next attack role, Ivan)

attack roll
[roll0]

If hit, damage roll
[roll1]

Fritz76
2012-10-16, 03:23 PM
Art then spends an action point to attack the bandit with Lance of Faith (+2 bonus to Ormr)

Attack roll
[roll0]

Potential damage
[roll1]

curf06
2012-10-16, 03:41 PM
The medic is dead and Art hit the Bandit.
As a free action the Bandit calls out to his fellow guard to help him.
The Bandit attacks Ivan using Dazing Strike. If Bandit hits Ivan, Ivan is dazed for a turn. Also the Bandit gets to shift 1 square and does not provoke an attack of opportunity. The Bandit shifts to the East 1 square placing him in the middle of the hall.
[roll0]
Potential Dmg
[roll1]

Initiative Roll, Bandit2:
[roll2]


PS: My phone is overheating again.
PPS: The hallway is 3 squares wide. So the Bandit is in the middle of the hallway.

curf06
2012-10-16, 03:43 PM
The New Turn order is: Bandit1, Ivan, Ormr, Bandit2, Art.

Fritz76
2012-10-16, 06:16 PM
Ivan, Stumbles to the side of the first bandit leaving a line of sight between the bandit and his allies (p.s. this is slightly hard to visualize)

curf06
2012-10-16, 06:58 PM
DM

Other Guards are sleeping
[roll0]


Ormr moves East 3 spuares and then 1 square south (In other words he is to the SW of Bandit 1). Ormr uses Thunder Ram Assault, primary target is Bandit 1, secondary target is Bandit 2.

Bandit 1, Str vs AC, Flanking
[roll1]

Potential Dmg and effects
[roll2]

Potential Atk and Dmg against Bandit 2, Str vs Fort
[roll3]
[roll4]

curf06
2012-10-16, 07:01 PM
Bandit 2 is targeted by Ormr.

Bandit 1 collapses unconscious.

Bandit 2

[roll0]

curf06
2012-10-16, 07:03 PM
Bandit 2 moves and begins unlocking the door in an attempt to flee.

Fritz76
2012-10-16, 07:12 PM
Art moves behind bandit and tries to grab him to prevent him from fleeing.

Grab check (Str vs Ref)
[roll0]

curf06
2012-10-16, 07:15 PM
Art fails to grab Bandit 2.

DM

Other guards sleeping
[roll0]

Fritz76
2012-10-16, 07:20 PM
Ivan comes up beside the bandit the bandit and (assuming he is still distracted trying to open the door) sneak attacks him.

Attack
1d20+4

Potential Damage
1d4+2

Sneak Attack
2d6

Fritz76
2012-10-16, 07:37 PM
Attack
[roll0]

Potential Damage
[roll1]

Sneak Attack
[roll2]

curf06
2012-10-16, 08:08 PM
Ormr takes the Mace from Bandit 1 as a minor action then uses Weight of Earth [roll0] (Str vs AC [str + flank + weapon prof])

Potential Dmg/Effects
[roll1]
Bandit 2 is slowed(this means they can only move 2 squares).

Bandit2
Opens door as Minor action then uses Dazing strike against [roll2] (1=Art, 2=Ormr, 3=Ivan). Then shifts 1 square out the door. As a free action Bandit 2 yells the alarm.

curf06
2012-10-16, 08:10 PM
Ormr misses Bandit 2.

Dazing Strike against Ormr(AC=15)
[roll0]

Potential Dmg/Effect
[roll1]
Ormr is dazed

Fritz76
2012-10-16, 08:49 PM
Art Follows Bandit preventing the door from closing and attacks the bandit with Sacred Flame (Will vs Reflex)
[roll0]

Potential Damage
[roll1]

Ormr is healed 6 damage

Ivan moves to the downed medic and grabs his Dagger before moving back to the east of Art.

Fritz76
2012-10-16, 09:19 PM
Armed with a Dagger Ivan attacks the bandit with Sly flourish (vs AC)

Attack
[roll0]

Potential Damage
[roll1]

curf06
2012-10-16, 10:16 PM
Ormr moves to the S of Bandit 2 and uses Weight of Earth
[roll0](Str vs AC[str, prof])

Potential Dmg/Effects
[roll1]
Bandit 2 is slowed

curf06
2012-10-16, 10:35 PM
Ormr strips down Bandit 2 and dons on his Chainmail, takes his daggers, and then takes his keys. "Ivan go to the other Bandit and grab his keys, then we'll open all of the prison cells, arm the prisoners, and then start a riot. Art collect all of the extra daggers and hand them out to the prisoners. Here's 4 daggers."

Bandit 2 is dead.

Roll Perception Checks
Ormr Perception
[roll0]

Fritz76
2012-10-16, 11:29 PM
Art perception
[roll0]

Ivan perception
[roll1]

curf06
2012-10-16, 11:35 PM
Ormr and Ivan relate to Art that they can hear the guards, in the central barracks on this floor, heard the ruckus and are now getting ready.

Ormr runs back into the cell block that we just came from and begins unlocking cells. He can see two more Bandits charging down the hall. Ormr can probably open two cells before they get to him.

Fritz76
2012-10-17, 02:13 PM
Ivan sprints back to the fallen bandit and strips him of all of his equipment, most importantly his keys, before running back to Ormr to free as many prisoners as possible.

Art runs to the fallen medic and takes everything that he has before sprinting back to the others.

curf06
2012-10-17, 02:31 PM
Ormr with his movement is able to open 2 more cells. Freeing 7 prisoners. Ormr yells back, "Go to the 2 at the end of the hall and take weapons. It's time we take back our freedom!"
Diplomacy
[roll0]

curf06
2012-10-17, 02:32 PM
The 7 prisoners race toward Ivan and Art for weapons.

Fritz76
2012-10-17, 03:00 PM
Ivan quickly arms each of the prisoners with a dagger and gives one of them the extra set of keys ordering him to free the other prisoners. He then quickly dons the cloth armor and secures the other 5 daggers.

Art quickly puts on the chainmail and grabs the extra Mace. "We need to get out of here now!"

curf06
2012-10-17, 03:15 PM
Ormr opens up 2 more cells freeing 6 prisoners.

The 2 Bandit guards are within range of Ormr.

Bandit1 Initiative
[roll0]
Bandit2 Initiative
[roll1]
Ormr Initiative
[roll2]

curf06
2012-10-17, 03:23 PM
Bandit1 Charges Ormr
[roll0]
Potential Damage
[roll1]

Ormr targets Bandit 1 as a minor action
Ormr uses EarthGrasp Strike
[roll2]

Potential Dmg/Effects
[roll3]
Target is prone for 1 rnd, then takes 1d10 dmg when it stands back up.

curf06
2012-10-17, 03:41 PM
Bandit1 misses Ormr and is knocked Prone.
Ivan and Art can hear the yelling of the approaching garrison of guards. You have about 2 turns before they get to you. 6 more prisoners reach Ivan and Art.

Bandit2 charges Ormr (AC=18)
[roll0]

Potential Dmg
[roll1]

Bandit1 tries to stand, taking damage
[roll2]

Ormr targets both Bandits as a minor action. Ormr uses Dragon Breath
[roll3] Bandit Reflex=14
Potential Dmg
[roll4]

Fritz76
2012-10-17, 03:53 PM
Ivan hands daggers to four of the prisoners keeping one for himself. Pointing to the guards he says "You want better weapons, take 'em from their corpses!" before running down the hall towards Ormr

diplomacy
[roll0]

Initiantive
[roll1]

Art follows after Ivan
Initiative
[roll2]

curf06
2012-10-17, 04:02 PM
The 6 prisoners take the daggers then run past Ivan and Art, thinking that it is safer going away from the fight.

The 7 Prisones that went to help Ormr have an initiative of 11.

Bandit2 uses Dazing Strike against Ormr
[roll0] (AC=18)
Potential Dmg/Effects
[roll1] and dazed

The Prisoners throw their daggers at Bandit1 and Bandit2
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
Potential Dmg
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]
[roll15]

curf06
2012-10-17, 04:04 PM
Bandit1 dies from the barrage of daggers.

Ivan and Art your turn

Fritz76
2012-10-17, 06:22 PM
Ivan runs to the east of the Bandit (ormr is South) and attacks with piercing strike (Dex vs Ref).

attack
[roll0]

Potential damage
[roll1]

Art Stops 2 squares south and 1 square east of bandit and attacks using Sacred Flame. Ivan gains 6 points temp. HP

Attack vs Wis
[roll2]

Pot damage
[roll3]

curf06
2012-10-17, 10:38 PM
Bandit2 is dead. In the distance you hear blood curling screams, followed by shouts of victory. The free prisoners gather up their daggers and begin unlocking 4 other cells, freeing 14 more prisoners. Who are then armed with 2 maces and 8 daggers.

Ormr says "Fellow prisoners if we are to be free we need to go to the other cell blocks and free the other prisoners. The greater our numbers the more assured our freedom will be. Let's continue down this hall. Be quick the enemy is at our heels!"

With a shout of acceptance the other prisoners renew their vigor.

Fritz76
2012-10-18, 02:49 PM
Art and Ivan follow Ormr and the other prisoners to the other cell block

curf06
2012-10-18, 05:15 PM
On your way out of the first cell block [roll0] prisoners are freed. The main garrison of Bandits and Guards are on your tail. Maybe about 1 turn away from catching up to your group. As you run past the door to the Barracks you can hear Guards calling out for reinforcements from above. You also notice the man sized air ducts on the walls. You are at the other cell block.

Fritz76
2012-10-18, 06:55 PM
Art attempts to pry open the cover of the air ducts
Str
[roll0]

curf06
2012-10-18, 07:04 PM
One thing. There is no cover. So...you break 1 of the 6 decayed hard wood bars. The Air duct is 4'X3'.

Ormr directs 20 of the prisoners to take on the Bandits and the Guards chasing us, and the remainder to free the rest of the guards, then for them to take on the upper levels. "To Freedom!" Ormr then goes over to Art to help break the bars.

Str Chk
[roll0]

Fritz76
2012-10-18, 07:59 PM
Normally Ivan would hate doing things in plain sight, but he makes an exception and also helps Art and Ormr break open the bars

Ivan Strength check
[roll0]

Art Strength Check
[roll1]

curf06
2012-10-18, 08:06 PM
There are 2 broken bars, 4 remain. Ormr tries again, Str Chk [roll0].

Fritz76
2012-10-18, 09:13 PM
Art Str Check
[roll0]

Ivan Str Check
[roll1]

curf06
2012-10-18, 09:51 PM
Ormr wedges his mace between 2 of the bars [roll0]

Fritz76
2012-10-18, 09:57 PM
Ivan tries to help break the bars Ormr is prying

Str
[roll0]

Art strikes the other bar with his mace. This assumes the other's hands are out of the way. If all three bars are super close together just make a normal strength check to break them, the numbers are the same for both.
[roll1]

dmg
[roll2]

curf06
2012-10-18, 10:01 PM
Dmg Rolls aren't required. 2 bars break away with a satisfying crack. Only 2 more to go...

Ormr wedges his mace between the next 2 bars.
[roll0]

Fritz76
2012-10-18, 10:05 PM
"Dammit Ormr, get out of the way!" Art then strikes the bars with his own mace
[roll0]

After Art's swing, Ivan quickly tries to clear the bars, wuitly muttering "come on come on" as if they bars are listening.
[roll1]

curf06
2012-10-18, 10:10 PM
OOC
Let's not use language.

Surprisingly only one more bar breaks. There is only one left, after that you should be able to get inside.

Ormr strikes the last bar with his mace
[roll0]

Fritz76
2012-10-18, 10:13 PM
AHHHHHH

Ivan
[roll0]

Art
[roll1]

Fritz76
2012-10-18, 10:26 PM
AHHHHHH

Ivan
[roll0]

Art
[roll1]

curf06
2012-10-18, 10:36 PM
Finally the last bar breaks free. Ormr calls into the duct, braces against both sides of the duct, and begins to climb. [roll0](bracing against both sides gives a +5 bonus) vs DC 20 (fail by <4 stay put, >5 fall and reflex check)

Fritz76
2012-10-18, 10:45 PM
Art and Ivan quickly follow and begin scaling the wall , thankful that they can brace themselves as the climb.

Ivan
[roll0]

Art
[roll1]

curf06
2012-10-18, 10:47 PM
Ormr and Ivan make up to lvl B1 Ormr reaches down the give a hand when he gets close enough (extra +1 to Art's next roll)

Fritz76
2012-10-18, 10:52 PM
Ivan
[roll0]

Art
[roll1]

Fritz76
2012-10-18, 11:00 PM
Ivan's grip slips and he tries to catch himself.
[roll0]

curf06
2012-10-18, 11:02 PM
Ivan falls flat on the ledge he was on, on B1. Ormr continues to reach down to give Art aid (+1 to next roll Art).

Fritz76
2012-10-18, 11:12 PM
Ivan
[roll0]

Art
[roll1]

curf06
2012-10-18, 11:22 PM
Ivan makes it up to the 1st floor, and pulls himself up onto a ledge. The vent cover is more ornate than the previous one have been. The vent appears to open up into some sort of broom closet.

Ormr helps pull Art up to lvl B1. Ormr stands underneath Art to give him a boost up to the next lvl (+3 on next roll Art).

Fritz76
2012-10-18, 11:26 PM
Ivan carefully and quietly tries to remove the vent cover.
(because we aren't being chased and Ivan is calm he takes a 10 on stealth giving him [B]21[B])

str check
[roll0]


Art continues to climb
[roll1]

curf06
2012-10-18, 11:29 PM
The grate slides away easily, and Ivan is able to move into the broom closet, kind of spacious. Art easily makes it to the 1st floor. Stealth check Art.

Ormr Climb chck
[roll0]

Fritz76
2012-10-18, 11:31 PM
Art Stealth check
[roll0]

curf06
2012-10-18, 11:35 PM
Ormr fails to get up and tries again.
[roll0]

Ormr whispers,"the two of you will have to move when I get up there."

Fritz76
2012-10-19, 03:40 PM
Art and Ivan both quietly crawl into the closet and wait for Ormr. The look around to see what is in the closet.

Ivan Perception
[roll0]

Art perception
[roll1]

curf06
2012-10-19, 04:06 PM
You see the typical items that you would normally find in a broom closet, in a midevil fantasy world.

Ormr stealth chk
[roll0]

Fritz76
2012-10-19, 06:46 PM
Ivan gets close to the door and tries to hear what is going on just outside of it
Perception
[roll0]

Art does the same
[roll1]

curf06
2012-10-19, 06:52 PM
Art hear's 4 Human Guards in the distance. He also hears a few Human Guards patrolling the hallways.
Ormr opens the door a crack and peers outside to see if there are any Guards patrolling the hallway.
Perception
[roll0]

curf06
2012-10-19, 06:58 PM
Ormr sees 2 Elite Human Guards guarding 2 different doors halfway down the hall.

Fritz76
2012-10-19, 07:49 PM
Ivan turns to the others. "I'm going to try to see if I can sneak out and see what is down the hall. If they spot me we need to take them out before they can alert the others"

Stealth
[roll0]

Perception
[roll1]

curf06
2012-10-19, 08:15 PM
Ivan makes his way into the entrance hallway. The front doors are to the North and are sealed. The main stairway is to the South, the doors are currently closed. You don't see any Guards, but you can hear them talking near the main stairwell.

Ormr waits in the broom closet for Ivan to come back.

Fritz76
2012-10-19, 08:29 PM
Ivan quitly walks to the corner of the hallway so he can get a better view of the gaurds.

Stealth
[roll0]

Perception (trying to identify equitment or something distinctive)
[roll1]

curf06
2012-10-19, 08:59 PM
The door is closed, Ivan cant see into the room beyond. There are 2 sets of doors between Ivan and the Guards. Yellow lines are doors.

Fritz76
2012-10-19, 09:09 PM
Ivan returns to the others to discuss their plan.

Stealth
[roll0]

curf06
2012-10-19, 09:12 PM
Ormr whispers, "So what's the plan guys?"

Fritz76
2012-10-20, 12:06 PM
"Ok" Ivan begins. "The front doors aren't far from here, but I don't think we'll handle too well armed as we are. Personally I want my stuff back" "I'd rather take out two guards quietly then attract the attention the four I've heard walking around."Sneaking up on them will be almost impossible, and distracting them would likely alert the other guards." "Do either of you have any ideas other than hit them hard and hit them fast?"

curf06
2012-10-20, 12:31 PM
"I agree, I want my stuff back, I didn't work for that stuff for nothing. If we go for the Guards by the Central Stairwell the other Guards will rush in and we'll be surrounded."

Fritz76
2012-10-20, 12:52 PM
"My thoughts exactly" Was Art reply. "Ivan, Get as close as you can and try to hit them hard. We'll be right behind you as soon as they see you. Hopefully we can take out those two before the other four get to us. If we all focus on one target, we should be ok. right?"

"Well, here is hoping they're distracted."

Ivan stealth
[roll0]


Ivan's Initiative
[roll1]

Ivan's attack roll (verses Reflex-piercing strike)
[roll2]


Sneak Attack
[roll3]

Art's Initiative
[roll4]

Art's Perception
[roll5]

Fritz76
2012-10-20, 12:55 PM
Potential Damage
[roll0]

Fritz76
2012-10-20, 12:56 PM
Ivan's Perception
[roll0]

curf06
2012-10-20, 01:23 PM
Ormr Perception
[roll0]

Elite1
[roll1]

Elite2
[roll2]

curf06
2012-10-20, 01:27 PM
Turn order Art, Ivan, Ormr, Elite1,Elite2

Fritz76
2012-10-20, 01:35 PM
Stealth ivan

[roll0]

Stealth Art (just in case)
[roll1]

curf06
2012-10-20, 01:36 PM
Ormr Stealth
[roll0]

curf06
2012-10-20, 01:44 PM
Art and Ivan are hidden. Ormr stays in the closet as he has the grace of a bull in a crystal shop, waiting for the action to start before attacking.

Fritz76
2012-10-20, 01:54 PM
Art Hugs the wall has he advances two spaces and uses longtooth shifting before attacking the closest guard with Lance of Faith

Attack vs reflex
[roll0]
Ivan gets +2 to attacks

Damage
[roll1]

Ivan then silently Sprints up to the same guard and uses sly flourish to further distract the already confused guard

Attack vs AC
[roll2]

Damage
[roll3]
Sneak Attack
[roll4]

The guards now begin to react, but Art and Ivan are faster. Art launches another Lance of Faith attack, while Ivan goes for the throat.

Attack vs reflex
[roll5]
Ivan gets +2 to attacks

Damage
[roll6]

Ivan tries to finish the guard as fast as possible.

Attack vs AC
[roll7]

Damage
[roll8]
Sneak Attack
[roll9]

(Should the first guard fall before all attacks done, use unused movement and change targets)

curf06
2012-10-20, 02:04 PM
Ormr charges out of the closet and uses Bolstering Breath right behind Art and Ivan. Art and Ivan get a +1 to their next attack roll.
[roll0] Elite1 (AC 18)
[roll1] Elite2 (AC 18)

Potential Dmg
Elite1
[roll2]

Elite2
[roll3]

curf06
2012-10-20, 02:13 PM
[ ][Omr][ ]
[Art ][Ivn ][ ]
[Elt1][ ][Elt2]

Elite1 attacks Art with Powerful Strike
[roll0] (vs AC)
Potential Dmg/Effect
[roll1]
Target is knocked prone
Recharge [roll2]

Elite2 attacks Ivan with Powerful Strike
[roll3] (vs AC)
Potential Dmg/Effect
[roll4]
Target is knocked prone
Recharge [roll5]

Fritz76
2012-10-20, 02:20 PM
Art Attacks Elite 1 with Sacred Flame

Attack vs Reflex
[roll0]

Damage
[roll1]

Ivan gains 6 temp hit points

Ivan stands from prone and attacks Elite One with Sly Flourish

Attack vs AC
[roll2]

Damage
[roll3]

curf06
2012-10-20, 02:37 PM
Elite1 is dead.

Ormr moves North of Elite2 and uses Earth Grasp Strike
[roll0]
Potential Dmg/Effects
[roll1]
Target is knocked prone and can't get up for 1 turn and then takes 1d10 dmg when they stand up

curf06
2012-10-20, 02:44 PM
Eilte2 calls out for help. You hear guards rushing in your direction.
Elite2 attacks Ivan
[roll0]
Potential Dmg
[roll1]

Elite2 moves toward the the Central Staircase
Attacks of opportunity.

Ormr
[roll2]
Dmg
[roll3]

Fritz76
2012-10-20, 02:56 PM
Art
Attack
[roll0]

Damage
[roll1]

Ivan
Attack
[roll2]

Damage
[roll3]
Sneak Attack (I love combat advantage!)
[roll4]

curf06
2012-10-20, 03:02 PM
The 4 Guards rush to the scene.
Guard1 initiative
[roll0]
Guard2 initiative
[roll1]
Guard3 initiative
[roll2]
Guard4 initiative
[roll3]

curf06
2012-10-20, 03:08 PM
Turn order: Guard2, Art, Guard1, Ivan, Guard4, Ormr, Elite2, Guard3

The Guards are lined up in a verticle line with Elite2 behind them in the middle.

curf06
2012-10-20, 03:15 PM
Also Hp's are: Ivan=23, Art=39, Ormr=54

Guard2 targets Ivan and attacks with a crossbow
[roll0] (vs AC)
Dmg
[roll1]

Fritz76
2012-10-20, 03:24 PM
Art attacks Elite with Sacred Flame

Attack vs Reflex
[roll0]

Damage
[roll1]

Ivan gains 6 Temp HP

curf06
2012-10-20, 03:34 PM
[Ormr][____][____][____][____][____][Grd 1][____]
[Ivan_][____][____][____][____][____][Grd 2][____]
[____][____][Art__][____][____][____][Grd 3][Elite2]
[____][____][____][____][____][____][Grd 4][____]
[____][____][____][____][____][____][____][____]
[____][____][____][____][____][____][____][____]

OOC
It's a new encounter

Guard1 attacks Ivan with a crossbow
[roll0]
Dmg
[roll1]

Fritz76
2012-10-20, 03:43 PM
Ivan uses second wind to heal 10 HP and moves behind Art.

curf06
2012-10-20, 03:47 PM
[Ormr][____][____][____][____][____][Grd 1][____]
[____][____][____][____][____][____][Grd 2][____]
[____][Ivan_][Art__][____][____][____][Grd 3][Elite2]
[____][____][____][____][____][____][Grd 4][____]
[____][____][____][____][____][____][____][____]
[____][____][____][____][____][____][____][____]

OOC
The Guards have Halbreds, which means they have a reach of 2, so their threat range is 2 squares, moving to an adjacent square provokes an attack of opportunity.

Guard4 attacks Art with crossbow
[roll0]
Dmg
[roll1]

curf06
2012-10-20, 03:49 PM
[____][____][____][____][Ormr][____][Grd 1][____]
[____][____][____][____][____][____][Grd 2][____]
[____][Ivan_][Art _][____][____][____][Grd 3][Elite2]
[____][____][____][____][____][____][Grd 4][____]
[____][____][____][____][____][____][____][____]
[____][____][____][____][____][____][____][____]

Ormr uses Dragon Breath
[roll0] Guard1 (reflex=16)
Dmg
[roll1]
[roll2] Guard2 (reflex=16)
Dmg
[roll3]
[roll4] Guard3 (reflex=16)
Dmg
[roll5]
[roll6] Elite2 (reflex=16)
Dmg
[roll7]

curf06
2012-10-20, 04:03 PM
Guard3 attacks Art with crossbow
[roll0]
Dmg
[roll1]

Elite2 stays put and waits to attack anyone who comes too close

Guard2 attacks Art with crossbow
[roll2]
Dmg
[roll3]

Fritz76
2012-10-20, 04:23 PM
Art Attacks guard 1 with Daunting light

Attack vs Ref
[roll0]

Damage
[roll1]

Ormr has combat advantage against Guard 1

curf06
2012-10-20, 04:26 PM
Guard1 attacks Ormr with Hlabred
[roll0]
Dmg
[roll1]

Fritz76
2012-10-20, 04:33 PM
Ivan runs to the door marked food storage and tries (and hopefully succeeds) in opening it.

"We need to get out of here!"

curf06
2012-10-20, 04:44 PM
HPs: Art=27,Ivan=25,Ormr=54

Fritz76
2012-10-20, 05:09 PM
Ivan uses the potion he grabbed from Art to heal 10 HP as a minor action. he then turns and throws his dagger at guard 1

Ivan then quickly "relieves" the dead Elite of his weapons. !1halbred *Grumble grumble grumble at least it is sharp.

Fritz76
2012-10-20, 05:31 PM
Attack
[roll0]

Damage
[roll1]

curf06
2012-10-20, 05:52 PM
[____][____][____][____][____][____][Ormr][Grd 1][____]
[Ivan_][____][____][____][____][____][____][Grd 2][____]
[____][____][____][Art__][____][____][____][Grd 3][Elite2]
[____][____][____][____][____][____][____][Grd 4][____]
[____][____][____][____][____][____][____][____][____]
[____][____][____][____][____][____][____][____][____]

Guard4 attacks Art with crossbow
[roll0]
Dmg
[roll1]

Ormr steps up to Guard1, targets Guard1 and Guard2, then uses Thunder Ram Assault on Guard1
[roll2] (vs AC=18)
Dmg/Effect
[roll3]
Target is pushed back 3 squares

Secondary Targets(this only happens if Ormr hits his primary target): Guard2, Guard3, Guard4, and Elite2. (Str vs Fort)
[roll4] Guard2 Fort=16
Dmg [roll5] and is pushed back 1 square
[roll6] Guard3 Fort=16
Dmg [roll7] and is pushed back 1 square
[roll8] Guard4 Fort=16
Dmg [roll9] and is pushed back 1 square
[roll10] Elite2 Fort=16
Dmg [roll11] and is pushed back 1 square

curf06
2012-10-20, 05:57 PM
Ormr misses

Elite2 attacks Ormr with Halberd
[roll0]
Dmg
[roll1]

Guard3 attacks Art with Crossbow
[roll2]
Dmg
[roll3]

Guard2 attacks Art with Crossbow, triggering Ormr's Warden's Fury.
Ormr attacks Guard2
[roll4] (vs Fort=16)
Dmg/Effects
[roll5]
Target is slowed and Allies gain combat advantage

Fritz76
2012-10-20, 06:36 PM
Art takes two steps to the left so he is now behind Ormr and makes a Monster Check, nature to try and figure out how much health the guards have

[roll]1d20+6[roll]

He then attacks Guard 2 with Sacred Flame
Attack vs Reflex
[roll0]

Damage
[roll1]

Ormr gains 6 temp HP

Fritz76
2012-10-20, 06:38 PM
Checking enemies HP
[roll0]

Art then quickly downs the second health potion.

curf06
2012-10-20, 06:53 PM
Guard1 attacks Ormr with Halberd
[roll0]
Dmg
[roll1]

Fritz76
2012-10-20, 07:03 PM
Ivan runs up so he is next to Ormr. Makes a Nature check and attacks Guard 2 with his newly found halbred.

Check
[roll0]

Attack
[roll1]

Damage
[roll2]

Sneak Attack (Yeah combat advantage)
[roll3]

curf06
2012-10-20, 08:07 PM
[____][____][Art__][Ormr][Grd 1][Elite2]
[____][____][Ivan_][____][Grd 2][____]
[____][____][____][____][Grd 3][____]
[____][____][____][____][Grd 4][____]
[____][____][____][____][____][____]
[____][____][____][____][____][____]

Guard4 attacks [roll0](1=Art, 2=Ivan) with crossbow
[roll1]
Dmg
[roll2]

Ormr attacks Guard2 with Mace
[roll3]
Dmg
[roll4]
Monster Kowledge
[roll5]

Elite2 moves north 2 squares and attacks Ormr with Halberd
[roll6]
Dmg
[roll7]

Guard3 attacks Ivan with crossbow
[roll8]
Dmg
[roll9]

Guard2 attacks [roll10](1=Ivan, 2=Ormr)
If '1' Ormr interrupts and uses Warden's Fury
[roll11]
Dmg
[roll12]

If '2' Guard2 hits Ormr with Halberd
[roll13]
Dmg
[roll14]

curf06
2012-10-20, 08:11 PM
Ormr knows everything about our current enemies.
Guard1 Hp=32
Guard2 Hp=18
Guard3 Hp=39
Guard4 Hp=47
Elite2 Hp=35

Elite2 scored a critical against Ormr dealing 13 dmg instead of 6

Fritz76
2012-10-20, 08:17 PM
Art attacks Guard 2 with sacred Flame

Attack vs Reflex
[roll0]

Damage
[roll1]

Ivan gains 6 temp HP

curf06
2012-10-20, 08:20 PM
Guard1 attacks Ormr with Halberd
[roll0]
dmg
[roll1]

Fritz76
2012-10-20, 08:24 PM
Ivan brings down his Hlabred with his whole might on Guard two's head

Attack
[roll0]

Damage
[roll1]

curf06
2012-10-20, 08:27 PM
Human Guards:
AC=18
Fort=16
Reflex=15
Will=14
Human Elite Guards
AC=18
Fort=16
Reflex=16
Will=16

curf06
2012-10-20, 08:33 PM
Guard4 attacks Ivan with a Crossbow
[roll0]
Dmg
[roll1]

Ormr takes a health potion from Art and drinks it, +10 to HP
Ormr then Casts Nature's Abundance (-2 to all enemy attack rolls)

Elite2 attacks Ormr with Halberd
[roll2]
Dmg
[roll3]

Guard3 attacks Ivan with Crossbow
[roll4]
Dmg
[roll5]

Guard2 attempts to run away, Ormr and Ivan attacks of Opportunity
[roll6]
Dmg
[roll7]

Fritz76
2012-10-20, 09:51 PM
Ivan attack of oportunity

Attack
[roll0]

Damage
[roll1]

Sneak Attack
[roll2]

Fritz76
2012-10-20, 09:53 PM
Art attacks fleeing guard 2 with Sacred Flame.
Attack vs Reflex
[roll0]

Damage
[roll1]

Ivan gains 6 temp HP

curf06
2012-10-20, 10:44 PM
[Art__][Ormr][Grd 1][Elite2][____][____]
[Ivan_][____][____][____][____][____]
[____][____][Grd 3][____][____][____]
[____][____][Grd 4][____][____][____]
[____][____][____][____][____][____]
[____][____][____][____][____][____]

Guard1 attacks Ormr with Halberd
[roll0]
Dmg
[roll1]

curf06
2012-10-20, 10:46 PM
Player HP: Ormr=16, Ivan=36, Art=27
Enemies: Guard1=32, Guard3=39, Guard4=47, Elite2=35

Turn Order:
Art
Guard1
Ivan
Guard4
Ormr
Elite2
Guard3

Fritz76
2012-10-20, 10:54 PM
Ivan attacks guard 1
attack
[roll0]

damage
[roll1]

curf06
2012-10-20, 10:57 PM
Ivan misses.

Guard4 attacks Ivan with Crossbow
[roll0]
Dmg
[roll1]

curf06
2012-10-20, 11:05 PM
Ormr moves south 1 square, targets Guard1 and Guard3, and then attacks Guard1 with Earthen Strike.
[roll0]
Dmg/Effects
[roll1]
Ormr heals 3 HP

Ormr uses an Action Point to use Second Wind and heals 16HP

Elite2 attacks Ormr
[roll2]
Dmg/Effects
[roll3]

Guard3 attacks [roll4](1=Art, 2=Ivan, 3=Ormr)
If Ormr with Halberd
[roll5]
Dmg
[roll6]

If anyone else, Ormr uses Warden's Fury
[roll7] (vs Fort=16)
Dmg
[roll8]

Art's turn.

curf06
2012-10-20, 11:08 PM
[Art__][____][Grd 1][Elite2][____][____]
[Ivan_][Ormr][____][____][____][____]
[____][____][Grd 3][____][____][____]
[____][____][Grd 4][____][____][____]
[____][____][____][____][____][____]
[____][____][____][____][____][____]

Allies have Combat Advantage against Guard3. And Ormr deals Critical Dmg against Guard3 which is 11dmg.

Art's turn.

Fritz76
2012-10-20, 11:11 PM
Art attacks Guard 3 with Sacred Flame
Attack vs Ref
[roll0]

Damage
[roll1]

Ivan gains 6 temp HP

curf06
2012-10-20, 11:17 PM
Allies: Ormr=35, Ivan=31, Art=27
Enemies: Elite2=35, Guard1=32, Guard3=28, Guard4=47

Guard1 attacks [roll0](1=Art, 2=Ormr)
If Art, the Ormr interrupts with Warden's Fury
[roll1]
Dmg/Effects
[roll2]
Allies gain Combat Advantage against Guard1

If Ormr, then attacks with Halberd
[roll3]
Dmg
[roll4]

Fritz76
2012-10-20, 11:24 PM
Ivan attacks guard 3 with halbred
attack vs AC
[roll0]

Damage
[roll1]

Sneak attack
[roll2]

curf06
2012-10-20, 11:32 PM
[Art__][____][Grd 1][Elite2][____][____]
[Ivan_][Ormr][____][____][____][____]
[____][____][Grd 3][____][____][____]
[____][____][Grd 4][____][____][____]
[____][____][____][____][____][____]
[____][____][____][____][____][____]

Guard4 attacks Ivan with Crossbow
[roll0]
Dmg
[roll1]

Ormr uses Strength of Stone against Guard1
[roll2]
Dmg/Effects
[roll3]
Ormr gains 3 HP

Elite2 attacks Ormr with Halberd
[roll4]
Dmg
[roll5]

Guard3 attacks [roll6](1=Ivan, 2=Ormr)
If Ivan, then Ormr interrupts with Warden's Fury
[roll7]
Dmg/Effects
[roll8]
Allies gain Combat Advantage against Guard3 for 1 turn

If Ormr, then Guard3 attacks with Halberd
[roll9]
Dmg
[roll10]

curf06
2012-10-20, 11:36 PM
Allies: Ormr=18, Ivan=25, Art=27
Enemies: Guard1=22, Guard3=14, Guard4=47, Elite2=35

Art's turn

Fritz76
2012-10-20, 11:39 PM
Art attacks guard 3 with Sacred Flame
Attack vs Ref
[roll0]

damage
[roll1]

Ormr gains 6 temp HP

curf06
2012-10-20, 11:51 PM
Guard1 attacks [roll0](1=Ormr, 2=Ivan, 3=Art)
If Ormr, then Guard1 attacks with Halberd
[roll1]
Dmg
[roll2]

If anyone other than Ormr, then Ormr interrupts with Warden's Fury
[roll3]
Dmg/Effects
[roll4]
Allies gain Combat Advantage against Guard1

Fritz76
2012-10-20, 11:53 PM
Ivan attacks guard 1
attack
[roll0]

Damage
[roll1]

Sneak Attack
[roll]2d6[roll]

curf06
2012-10-21, 12:02 AM
Guard4 attacks Ivan with crossbow
[roll0]
Dmg
[roll1]

Ormr attacks Guard1 with Strength of Stone
[roll2]
Dmg/Effects
[roll3]
Ormr gains 3HP

Elite2 attacks Ormr
[roll4]
Dmg
[roll5]

Guard3 attacks[roll6](1=Ormr, 2=Ivan)
If Ormr, then Guard3 attacks Ormr with Halberd
[roll7]
Dmg
[roll8]

If Ivan, then Ormr interrupts with Warden's Fury
[roll9]
Dmg
[roll10]

Fritz76
2012-10-21, 12:05 AM
Art attacks guard 1 with Sacred Flame
Attack vs Ref
[roll0]

damage
[roll1]

Ivan gains 6 temp HP

curf06
2012-10-21, 12:15 AM
Guard1 attacks [roll0](1=Ormr, 2=Ivan, 3=Art)
If Ormr, then Guard1 attacks with halberd
[roll1]
Dmg
[roll2]

If anyone other than Ormr, then Ormr interrupts with Warden's Fury
[roll3]
Dmg
[roll4]

Because of Nature's Abundance Guard1 can only move 2 squares.
Ormr and Ivan gain attacks of opportunity.

curf06
2012-10-21, 12:16 AM
Ormr's Attack of Opportunity
[roll0]
Dmg
[roll1]

Fritz76
2012-10-21, 12:20 AM
The time Ivan would have used to attack Guard one as he fled he uses instead to ravish in his dying screams. Then he attacks guard 3

Attack
[roll0]

Damage
[roll1]

curf06
2012-10-21, 12:28 AM
[Art__][____][Elite2][____][____][____]
[Ivan_][Ormr][____][____][____][____]
[____][____][Grd 3][____][____][____]
[____][____][Grd 4][____][____][____]
[____][____][____][____][____][____]
[____][____][____][____][____][____]

Guard4 attacks Ivan with crossbow
[roll0]
Dmg
[roll1]

Ormr targets Elite2 and Guard3, then attacks Guard3 with Weight of Earth
[roll2]
Dmg/Effects
[roll3]
Target is slowed for 1 turn

Elite2 attacks [roll4](1=Ormr, 2=Ivan, 3=Art)
If Ormr, then Elite2 attacks Ormr with Halberd
[roll5]
Dmg
[roll6]

If anyone other than Ormr, then Ormr attacks with Warden's Fury
[roll7]
Dmg/Effects
[roll8]
Allies gain combat advantage for 1 turn

curf06
2012-10-21, 12:31 AM
Guard 3 attacks [roll0](1=Ormr, 2=Ivan)
If Ormr, then Guard3 attacks Ormr with Halberd
[roll1]
Dmg
[roll2]

If anyone other than Ormr, then Ormr attacks with Warden's Fury
[roll3]
Dmg/Effects
[roll4]
Allies gain combat advantage for 1 turn

If Guard3 is still alive then Guard 3 flees West 2 squares, provoking attacks of opportunity from Ormr and Ivan

curf06
2012-10-21, 12:32 AM
Ormr's Attack of Opportunity against Guard3
[roll0]
Dmg
[roll1]

curf06
2012-10-21, 12:35 AM
[Art__][____][Elite2][____][____][____]
[Ivan_][Ormr][____][____][____][____]
[____][____][____][____][____][____]
[____][____][Grd 4][____][____][____]
[____][____][____][____][____][____]
[____][____][____][____][____][____]

Allies: Ormr=15, Ivan=31, Art=31
Enemies: Guard4=47, Elite2=31

Fritz76
2012-10-21, 12:42 AM
Art attacks Elite 2 with Sacred Flame

Attack vs Reflex
[roll0]

Damage
[roll1]

Ivan gains 6 temp HP

Fritz76
2012-10-21, 12:52 AM
Ivan moves to Guard 2's body (provoking attack of opportunity from Elite 2 I believe) removes his dagger from Guard 2's body and attacks Elite with sly flourish

Attack
[roll0]

Damage
[roll1]

Sneak Attaaaaack (yeah cover)
[roll2]

curf06
2012-10-21, 01:02 AM
Guard4 attacks Ivan with Halberd
[roll0]
Dmg
[roll1]

Ormr targets Elite2, picks of a Halberd from a dead corpse, and uses Strength of Stone
[roll2]
Dmg/Effects
[roll3]
Ormr heals 3HP

Elite2 attacks [roll4](1=Ormr, 2=Ivan)
[roll5]
Dmg
[roll6]

If Ivan, then Ormr uses Warden's Fury
[roll7]
Dmg
[roll8]

curf06
2012-10-21, 01:05 AM
Allies: Ormr=18, Ivan=17, Art=27
Enemies: Guard4=47, Elite2=23

[Art__][____][Elite2][____]
[Ivan_][Ormr][____][____]
[____][____][____][____]
[____][____][Grd 4][____]

Fritz76
2012-10-21, 01:08 AM
[____][Art__][Elite2][Ivan][____][____]
[____][Ormr][____][____][____][____]
[____][____][____][____][____][____]
[____][____][Grd 4][____][____][____]
[____][____][____][____][____][____]
[____][____][____][____][____][____]
Art steps forward and attacks Elite 2 with Sacred Flame
Attack vs Reflex
[roll0]
Damage
[roll1]

Ivan slips in behind elite flanking him and sneak attacks him with sly flourish (if Art killed Elite Ivan attacks Grd 4 the numbers will be the same since cover gives us combat advantage, Ivan is cutting off a possible retreat)

Attack
[roll2]

Damage
[roll3]

Sneak Attack
[roll4]

curf06
2012-10-21, 01:22 AM
[____][Art__][____][Ivan][____][____]
[____][____][____][Grd 4][Ormr][____]
[____][____][____][____][____][____]
Red means an area that is not protected by Nature's Abundance

Guard4 charges and attacks Ivan with Halberd
[roll0]
Dmg/Effects
[roll1]
Ivan is knocked prone

Ormr moves behind Guard4 while still in cover, targets Guard4, and then attacks with Strength of Earth
[roll2](flanking)
Dmg/Effects
[roll3]
Gains 3HP

Remember we do NOT have combat advantage unless you are flanking.

curf06
2012-10-21, 01:24 AM
Please look at previous post.
Allies: Ormr=21, Ivan=12, Art=27
Enemy: Guard4=47

Turn Order:
Art
Ivan
Guard4
Ormr

Fritz76
2012-10-21, 11:14 AM
[____][____][____][Ivan][____][____]
[____][____][____][Grd 4][Ormr][____]
[____][____][____][Art__][____][____]

Art moves to flank Grd 4 and attacks with Sacred Flame

Attack vs Reflex
[roll0]

Damage
[roll1]

Ivan gains 6 Temp HP

Ivan attacks Grd 4 with Trickster's Blade

Attack vs AC
[roll]1d20+12[roll]

Damage
[roll2]

Sneak Attack
[roll3]

Ivan's AC is 20 until his next turn.

Fritz76
2012-10-21, 11:17 AM
(sorry about the typo)

Attack vs AC
[roll0]

curf06
2012-10-21, 12:04 PM
DM

[roll0]
1-60=run

curf06
2012-10-21, 12:07 PM
Guard4 uses Powerful Strike on Ormr
[roll0]
Dmg/Effects
[roll1]
Ormr is knocked prone

If attack hits, then Guard 4 runs 4 squares West, and screams at the top of his lungs.

curf06
2012-10-21, 12:13 PM
Guard4 does critical dmg to Ormr which is =17dmg.
Everyone gets attacks of opportunity.

Ormr is prone (-2 to all rolls)
[roll0]
Dmg
[roll1]

He leaves Ormr's threat range twice. (no longer flanking and prone -2)
[roll2]
Dmg
[roll3]

Fritz76
2012-10-21, 12:28 PM
Art attacks with hi Mace
attack vs AC
[roll0]

Damage
[roll1]


Ivan slashes out with his dagger
Attack vs AC
[roll2]

Damage
[roll3]

Sneak attack (running enemies gives us combat advantage)
[roll4]

curf06
2012-10-21, 01:00 PM
Art deals Critical Damage instead =12 to Guard4.
Guard4 is cut down before he could utter a scream.

Everyone gains an Action Point. If you haven't used any, then you should have 3. If you've used 2, then you know have one.

Your total Experience should be 5300

Fritz76
2012-10-21, 01:11 PM
Panting Ivan sheaths his dagger and picks up one of the crossbows the Guards had used.

"That was way to close" he manages, obviously winded from the fight. "take everything we can use and then we'll start exploring the different rooms" he then proceeds to strip the guards of everything.

Art silently kneels checks the bodies for equipment

Ivan perception
[roll0]

Art Perception
[roll1]

curf06
2012-10-21, 01:17 PM
On each of the Human Guards you find: Chainmail, Halberd, and a crossbow with 20 bolts. The Elite Human Guards have: Chainmail, Halberd, and 2 rings of +1 dmg.

"We should stash the bodies in the closet marked 'food storage'." Ormr picks up 2 of the bodies and moves them to the closet. As soon as he's there he searches for Health Potions, and finds [roll0].

Fritz76
2012-10-21, 06:00 PM
"Good idea" Ivan responds. He and Art then move the remaining bodies to the closet and search for provisions and equipment.

Art Perception
[roll0]

Ivan Perception
[roll1]

Once inside the closet "We need to rest and recover, but we can't stay still. We need to figure out where to go now. There is a door between here and the closet we could try, but we need to be careful. I don't want another 3 vs 6 battle."

"Did either of you notice anything important?"

Ivan "Well considering the last guard was trying to get to the central room we should probably avoid it. He was probably trying to call for reinforcements. Also, we should probably wear the guards clothing. We might not fool anyone up close, but at a distance people would think we are just guards and not escaped prisoners."

curf06
2012-10-21, 06:54 PM
"I found 13 Health Potions." Ormr hands out 5 to Art and 4 to Ivan. "The Central Staircase is the main way to go between floors. If we don't want to use them we'll have to find an alternative means of going up. Also here is a sack each of us can carry our stuff in." Ormr hands out a sack to Art and Ivan that has a strap attached to it. Ormr uses 3 healing surges to get to full health.

Fritz76
2012-10-21, 07:19 PM
"Well, the stairs will be a lot easier" Ivan admits. "I'll be quite and see if there are guards near the staircase, if not we can use them. If I do see or hear someone though we should use the vents again."

Ivan uses two healing surges and is almost at full health.
Art uses two healing surges and is back to full health.

The three then leave and Ivan goes to check the stairs.

Stealth
[roll0]

Perception
[roll1]

curf06
2012-10-21, 07:29 PM
Ivan is hidden. As he nears the stairwell he can hear commotion happening in the lower level, the riot is still happening. Ivan perceives that there are people in the higher floors, but cannot tell how many, but he can tell they are not next to the stairwell.

Ormr makes his way to just outside of the main chamber that the stairwell is in, and waits for Ivan's go ahead.
Stealth
[roll0]

Fritz76
2012-10-21, 07:35 PM
Ivan signals the others and begins climbing the stairs as quietly as possible.

Stealth
[roll0]

Perception (he is still looking for the guards)
[roll1]


Art follows him
Stealth
[roll2]

Perception
[roll3]

curf06
2012-10-21, 07:42 PM
Ivan doesn't sense that anyone has been alerted to Art's horrific attempt at being silent. Either they are the stupidest Guards in the world or they were too far away to hear anything.

Ormr hangs back at the bottom of the Stairwell looking for anyone who might sneak up on them.

Fritz76
2012-10-21, 07:44 PM
Art stops moving after the death glare he received from Ivan. Ivan then continues up the stairs.
Stealth
[roll0]

Perception
[roll1]

curf06
2012-10-21, 07:49 PM
As Ivan makes his way up the stairs he sees 2 hallways: the first heads West then splits off in a T with 2 halls one going North the other South, there is 1 Human Guard to the west: the second hall heads South, partway down the South hall another hall opens up going West at this junction there is 1 Human Guard, further down the South hall at the end is a room with a closed door and no markings.

Everyone is still hidden.

Fritz76
2012-10-21, 10:29 PM
Ivan turns to Art and motions for him to come up the stairs emphasizing to be quite by putting his finger over his lips. He then holds up two fingers and makes a stabbing motion. He then holds up one finger and points west and then another finger and points south.


Art sucks at charades, but he got that Ivan wants him to come up the stairs and to be quite. Art looks down to Ormr and motions for him to come up too and tries to convey that he should be quite by putting a finger to his lips as Ivan had.

Stealth Check as Art moves
[roll0]

curf06
2012-10-21, 10:35 PM
The Guard at the end of the West hall stands up and yells out, "Who goes there and what's going on?"

Ormr moves halfway up the stairs and readies his Halberd just in case.
Stealth
[roll0]

Fritz76
2012-10-21, 10:40 PM
Ivan glares at Art and motions towards his crossbow before getting as far out of sight as possible, his own crossbow readied

stealth
[roll0]

Perception (listening for guard movement)
[roll1]

Art tries to move so that he can't be seen, quite possibly a lost cause but he tries and then readies his crossbow.

Stealth
[roll2]

curf06
2012-10-21, 10:48 PM
Ormr takes up a position infront of Ivan and Art, then whispers to Ivan "Call the Guard over and I'll lay him prone with Earth Strike Grasp. If we can kill him out in 1 go it'll be one encounter, then when more guards show up we can use our encounter abilities again, since it'll be a new encounter."

Fritz76
2012-10-21, 10:52 PM
There are two guards, they might both come so be ready.

Ivan then does his best to impersonate a stupid and klusty guard. "Oh, dangit that hurt. Hey Kurt, or Smith or whoever is on this floor. Come give me a hand with this will ya?"

Bluff
[roll0]

curf06
2012-10-21, 10:58 PM
The Guard to the West puts down his crossbow, and while walking over calls out, "You stupid git, what kind of mother raised an idiot who can't walk up some stairs."

Guard initiative
[roll0]

Ormr initiative
[roll1]

Roll initiatives before anything else can happen.

Fritz76
2012-10-21, 11:02 PM
Ivan Initiative
[roll0]

Art Initiative
[roll1]

curf06
2012-10-21, 11:08 PM
[Ivn][__][__][__][__][__][__][G1][__][__]
[Art][Or ][__][__][__][__][__][__][__][__]
[__][__][__][__]|| _][__]
[__][__][__][__]|| _][__]
______________[__][__]
______________[__][__]


Green = stairwell

Turn Order:
Ivan
Art
Guard
Ormr

Fritz76
2012-10-21, 11:22 PM
IGNORE THIS POST




[_____][____][Ivan][____][____][____][____][____]
[_____][Ormr][____][____][____][____][____][Guard]
[____][____][____][Art__][____][____][____][____]
[____][____][____][____][____][____][____][____]

Ivan takes two steps forward and fires his crossbow at the Guard. (Sly flourish)

Attack vs AC
[roll0]

damage
[roll1]

Sneak Attack
[roll2]

Art also advances and attacks the guard with Daunting light after using longtooth shifting

Attack vs Reflex
[roll3]

Damage
[roll4]

Ivan maintains combat advantage until Art's next turn

curf06
2012-10-22, 12:49 AM
OOC
I am sorry for being harsh last night. It was my fault for not communicating well, and for choosing a sucky color combo. Since it was my communication error why don't we take one step back, edit/delete your last post, and try again.

Fritz76
2012-10-22, 01:32 PM
OOC
No problem, ignore the above post, I'm keeping it their for number purposes. Tak another turn where the guard moves and then Ormr moves. That will initiate a surprise round and then I will repost my first post and we'll go from there.

curf06
2012-10-22, 01:40 PM
[Iv_][__][G1][__][__][__][__][__][__][__]
[Art][Or ][__][__][__][__][__][__][__][__]
[__][__][__][__]|| _][__]
[__][__][__][__]|| _][__]
______________[__][__]
______________[__][__]

Guard1 moves in closer, "Hey, where are you you good for nothing curr?"

At this point Ormr attacks with Earthgrasp Strike
[roll0]
Dmg/Effects
[roll1]
Target is knocked prone for 1 turn, then takes 1d10+3 dmg

Fritz76
2012-10-22, 01:43 PM
Ivan fires his crossbow at the Guard. (Sly flourish)

Attack vs AC
(1d20+10)[29]

damage
(1d8+9)[17]

Sneak Attack
(2d6+2)[10]

Art also advances and attacks the guard with Daunting light after using longtooth shifting

Attack vs Reflex
(1d20+8)[14]

Damage
(2d10+7)[16]

Ivan maintains combat advantage until Art's next turn.

Fritz76
2012-10-22, 01:56 PM
[__][Iv_][G1][Art][__][__][__][__][__][__]
[__][Or ][__][__][__][__][__][__][__][__]
[__][__][__][__]|| _][__]
[__][__][__][__]|| _][__]
______________[__][__]
______________[__][__]
Ivan reloads and fires his crossbow faster then the guard can blink. He then draws his dagger and steps forward.

Attack vs AC
[roll0]

Damage (sly flourish)
[roll1]

Sneak Attack
[roll2]

Art attacks with lance of faith. He then steps behind the guard, mace in hand, to prevent him from running.

Attack vs reflex
[roll3]

Damage
[roll4]

curf06
2012-10-22, 01:59 PM
DM

Guard2 perception
[roll0]

curf06
2012-10-22, 02:01 PM
Guard1 is dead. Guard 2 yells out, "What's going on in there? Joseph are you alright?"

Fritz76
2012-10-22, 02:29 PM
Ivan "Yeah, I'm fine."

Bluff Check
[roll0]

curf06
2012-10-22, 02:35 PM
The Guard believes you.

Ormr whispers to Ivan, "try and sneak up on him, after you get your, surprise attack round Art and I will rush him."

Fritz76
2012-10-22, 02:50 PM
Ivan sneaks up on the other guard.

stealth
[roll0]

Initiative for Ivan
[roll1]

Initiative for Art
[roll2]

curf06
2012-10-22, 03:02 PM
Guard1 hears Ivan coming, turns, begins to say "Joseph you should b...", when he sees Ivan his eyes widen in shock at the bloodstained stranger, then yells "Intruder!!!"

Guard1 initiative
[roll0]

Ormr
[roll1]

curf06
2012-10-22, 03:13 PM
[__][__][__][Ar ][__][__][__][__][__][__]
[__][__][__][Or ][__][__][__][__][__][__]
[__][__][__][__]|| _][__]
[__][__][__][__]|| _][__]
______________[__][Iv ]
______________[__][__]
______________[__][__]
______________[__][__]
[__][__][__][__][__][__]
[__][__][__][__][__][G1]
______________[__][__]
______________[__][__]

Turn Order
Ivan
Ormr
Guard1
Art

Fritz76
2012-10-22, 03:37 PM
[__][__][__][Ar ][__][__][__][__][__][__]
[__][__][__][Or ][__][__][__][__][__][__]
[__][__][__][__]|| _][__]
[__][__][__][__]|| _][__]
______________[__][__]
______________[__][__]
______________[__][__]
______________[__][__]
[__][__][__][__][__][Iv]
[__][__][__][__][__][G1]
______________[__][__]
______________[__][__]

Ivan quickly closes the distance between the guard and himself and attacks before the guard can recover.

Attack vs Ac
[roll0]

Damage
[roll1]

Sneak Attack
[roll2]

curf06
2012-10-22, 03:45 PM
[__][__][__][Ar ][__][__][__][__][__][__]
[__][__][__][__][__][__][__][__][__][__]
[__][__][__][__]|| _][__]
[__][__][__][__]|| _][__]
______________[__][__]
______________[__][__]
______________[__][Or ]
______________[__][__]
[__][__][__][__][__][Iv_]
[__][__][__][__][__][G1]
______________[__][__]
______________[__][__]

Ormr uses Bolstering Breath
[roll0]
Dmg/Efct
[roll1]
Ivan gains +1 to his next attack roll
Ormr then spends an action point to use Weight of Earth
[roll2]
Dmg/Efct
[roll3]

curf06
2012-10-22, 03:47 PM
Guard2 initiative
[roll0]
Guard3 initiative
[roll1]

curf06
2012-10-22, 03:55 PM
[__][__][__][Ar ][__][__][__][__]
[__][__][__][__][__][__][__][__]
[__][__][__][__]|| _][__]
[__][__][__][__]|| _][__]
______________[__][__]
______________[__][__]
______________[__][Or ]
______________[__][__]
.[__][__][__][__][__][Iv_]
.[__][__][__][G1][__][__]
______________[__][__]

Guard1 attacks Ivan with Powerful Strike
[roll0]
Dmg/Efct
[roll1]
Target is knocked prone (to stand up from prone uses up all of your movement)
Recharge [roll2]

The new turn order takes effect after Art's turn
Ivan, Guard2, Guard3, Omr, Guard1, Art

Fritz76
2012-10-22, 06:22 PM
[__][__][__][__][__][__][__][__]
[__][__][__][__][__][__][__][__]
[__][__][__][__]|| _][__]
[__][__][__][__]|| _][__]
______________[__][__]
______________[Ar][__]
______________[__][Or ]
______________[__][__]
.[__][__][__][__][__][__]
.[__][__][Iv][G1][__][__]
______________[__][__]

Art runs down the hall and attacks Guard with Lance of Faith just before he gets out of range

Attack vs Reflex
[roll0]

Damage
[roll1]

Ormr gets +2 on his next attack roll

Fritz76
2012-10-22, 06:49 PM
Ivan stands up as fast as he can draws his crossbow and fires

Attack vs AC
[roll0]

Damage
[roll1]

Sneak Attack
[roll2]

curf06
2012-10-22, 07:58 PM
______________[__][__]
______________[Ar.][__]
______________[__][__]
______________[__][__]
.[G3][__][Or][__][__][Iv.]
.[G2][__][__][__][__][__]
______________[__][__]

Guard2 attacks Ivan with crossbow
[roll0]
Dmg
[roll1]

Guard3 attacks Ivan with crossbow
[roll2]
Dmg
[roll3]

Ormr moves in front of Guard2 and attacks with Weight of Earth
[roll4]
Dmg
[roll5]

Fritz76
2012-10-22, 08:43 PM
______________[__][__]
______________[__][__]
______________[__][__]
______________[__][__]
.[G3][__][Or][__][__][Iv.]
.[G2][__][Ar][__][__][__]
______________[__][__]

Art moves and stands next to Ormr and attacks G3 with Sacred Flame

Attack vs Reflex
[roll0]

Damage
[roll1]

Ivan gains 6 Temp. HP

Ivan reloads and fires his crossbow at G3

Attack vs AC
[roll2]

Damage
[roll3]

curf06
2012-10-22, 09:22 PM
Guard2 attacks [roll0](Ormr, Art) with Powerful Strike
[roll1]
dmg
[roll2]
Recharge [roll3]
Target is Prone

Guard3 attacks [roll4](Ormr, Art) with Powerful Strike
[roll5]
dmg
[roll6]
Recharge [roll7]
Target is Prone

If either attacks Art, then Ormr interrupts with Warden's Fury.
[roll8]
dmg
[roll9]

[roll10]
dmg
[roll11]
Allies gain combat advantage against target

Ormr attacks Guard3 with Strength of Stone
[roll12]
dmg
[roll13]
Ormr heals 3hp

Fritz76
2012-10-22, 09:39 PM
Art attacks G3 with Sacred Flame

Attack vs Reflex
[roll0]

damage
[roll1]

Art gains 6 Temp HP

Ivan shoots G3 with his crossbow, Sly flourish

Attack vs AC
[roll2]

Damage
[roll3]

Sneak Attack
[roll4]

curf06
2012-10-22, 09:44 PM
Guard2 attacks Ormr with Halberd
[roll0]
dmg
[roll1]

Guard2 attacks Art with Halberd
[roll2]
dmg
[roll3]
Ormr interrupts with Warden's Fury.
[roll4]
dmg
[roll5]
Allies gain combat advantage against target for one turn

Ormr attacks Guard3 with Strength of Stone
[roll6]
dmg
[roll7]
Ormr heals 3hp

Fritz76
2012-10-22, 09:58 PM
Art attacks G3 with Sacred Flame

Attack vs Reflex
[roll0]

Damage
[roll1]

Ivan shots g3 with crossbow with a sly flourish

Attack vs AC
[roll2]

Damage
[roll3]

Sneak Attack
[roll4]

curf06
2012-10-22, 10:03 PM
Guard2 attacks Ormr with Halberd
[roll0]
dmg
[roll1]

Ormr attacks Guard2 with Strength of Stone
[roll2]
dmg
[roll3]
Ormr heals 3 hp

curf06
2012-10-22, 10:12 PM
The Guards are dead, and it doesn't seem like anymore are coming.

Ormr says, "Let's find the armory."

Fritz76
2012-10-23, 11:47 AM
"There was a door around the corner. I didn't see any signs though. We should start there."

(How much HP does everyone have after that last encounter?)

curf06
2012-10-23, 11:55 AM
Ormr=46/61, Ivan=35/45, Art=49/49

Ormr uses a healing surge, 59/61
Ormr whispers to Ivan, "How about you scope it out since you have the best stealth, Art and I will wait here until you get back."

Fritz76
2012-10-23, 12:06 PM
Ivan uses a healing surge and is now at full health.

"k, I'll be back in a second"

Stealth
[roll0]

Perception
[roll1]

curf06
2012-10-23, 12:08 PM
Ivan finds the Armory. And there was much rejoicing, yay.

Fritz76
2012-10-23, 12:42 PM
Yay. Ivan returns to the others and since he heard absolutely nothing to suggest that there is anyone there to hear them all three return to the armory.

curf06
2012-10-23, 01:36 PM
Sorry forgot to include that you perceive that there are 3 people in the room that is unmarked.

Ormr stealth
[roll0]

Fritz76
2012-10-23, 01:42 PM
Art stealth
[roll0]