PDA

View Full Version : In the Land of the Fey



Eisen_Hammer
2012-10-12, 01:09 PM
It is the month of June. It is two days after each of you received a strange letter telling you to meet at the Guilded Lilly this day. None of you were more than two days of a light ride away. Some of you were in the middle of the wilderness with someone on watch and no one saw anyone drop off this letter addressed specifically to you. The snow has fallen about 3 inches in the last two days around this area. Everyone in the area seems to be confused at this sudden cold front.

Illithilich

Your Letter said that if you wish to prove yourself for the court then to come to the Guilded lady.


Dire Reverand

Your Letter said that if you want a chance for true power come to the Guilded lady.


blazinghand

Your letter said that Arrkupalack has been found and if you want information to show up to the Guilded lady


Anecronwashere

Your letter said that your old mentor Pelak has been seen and if you want information to show up to the Guilded lady


PowerGamer

Your letter said that if you want true power and glory to show up to the guilded lady.


Medic!

your letter said that if you wish to undo all transgressions against the true court you will be at the guilded lady.


Chiamera

Your letter said that the gauntlents you are looking for have been found. Go to the guilded lady.


cgrela

You never recieved a letter but have been feeling an urge to go to the guilded lady.


What do you want to do once you get here? Anything else you want to do before your mystery note giver arrives?

blazinghand
2012-10-12, 03:41 PM
Josep is feeling more clear-headed than usual when the note arrives. Sitting and rereading the brief missive, he is immediately suspicious. How could someone know this about him? At the same time, there's no way he can't go, given what's on the line.

"It's definitely a trap, Joe," remarks Portize, "and we have the Scroll anyways. Even if it's slower, it means we can ignore this guy."

Josep nods his head. "It almost certainly is, but I cannot afford not to pursue this lead. And whoever this note-sender is, he knows who I am and what I want. He could make a powerful ally. Still... yes, we must be cautious."

Portize nods downwards. "I could ask the guys downstairs if they know anything about this."

Josep unfastens his holstered Wand of Magic Missile and hands it to Portize. "Tempting, but we should wait until we know better what questions to ask. For now, we fly blind. Keep your eyes open, and stay out of sight. Let's see what awaits us at the Gilded Lily."

Portize fades into invisibility and Josep begins picking his away across the snow-covered landscape, bound for the Gilded Lily.

Illithilich
2012-10-12, 05:40 PM
Reading over the short letter once again, Baldred hands it over to Sumaiel. "Well, what do you think of it? There isn't much to it, but it's the only thing we've gotten since leaving the Court. I say we go there, surely it's better than what we've done so far." The colorless light of his spell lit the hollow they had stopped for the night in.

cgrela
2012-10-12, 05:51 PM
Sumaiel's long nails click together as she reads over the letter. "Oh my, how delightful. I've been feeling and urge to go here anyway. " She looks around at the frozen world, smiling. "Snowfall in this month? Somebody is playing a trick, and one that looks like so much fun." Sumaiel picks up handful of snow, rolls it into a ball, and throws it at Baldred. "Let us be off then!"

Snowball attack: [roll0]

Illithilich
2012-10-12, 06:10 PM
Baldred sidesteps the thrown snowball. "It will take more than a snowball to hit me. Lets hope the snow keeps falling, it's an interesting change of pace for our trip."

OOC: Just for reference, but when we are just walking around or not in combat, I have the Child of Shadow stance up (concealment if I move 10ft. or more).

blazinghand
2012-10-12, 06:15 PM
As the sun rises over the snow-covered landscape, Josep stops a moment to cast an Extended Mage Armor, which he shares with Portize. Protize settles himself invisibly down on the Sorcerer's head, and spends more time examining the scroll.

Chimaera
2012-10-12, 06:38 PM
After reading the message twice, Jamal say to Rcihard: "It's seems someone know about us and our plans. I think it's a trap but we should better know about this gilded Lily".

After talking to Richard he'll prayfor Hextor for his spells:
"Oh! Bloodlord, please lend your dedicated servant some of your unholy power to destroy your foes and enemies"

After his daily prayers, he get his stuff and say to Richard: "Let's go meet this gilded Lily", and then channelize a Inflict Moderate Wounds in his heavy flail (duration 8 hours or until discharged)

Daily Spells:
0: Cure Minor Wounds (4), Detect Magic (1), Light (1);
1: Inflit Light Wounds (1), Blades of Blood (2), Faith Healing (2), Divine Favor (1), Shield of Faith (1);
2: Espiritual Weapon (1), Inflict Moderate Wounds (2), Close Wounds (1), Divine Protection (1), Wave of Grief (1);
3: Magic Circle aggaisnt Chaos (1), Cure Serious Wounds (1), Unholy Storm (1), Mass Conviction (1), Mass Resist Energy (1);
4: Divine Power (2), Poison (1);

Anecronwashere
2012-10-12, 09:25 PM
The Guard's Revenge finds his letter on top of his armor when he awakes, growling at the invasion he checks his equipment thoroughly before putting it out of his mind.

Pelak was sighted. Finding his deceased mentor one of only 2 goals that filled his life. The other is explained by where he chose to camp that night. The fires still burning from his 1man raiding party on the infernal bandits.

He gathered up his supplies, and theirs. The hypocrisy never entering his mind on stealing from thieves and denouncing them for being thieves.

He left the camp, stepping over a small child with a single sword wound all the way through it's torso.
"Pitiful bandits, and what a weak excuse too. Needing it to feed their families ha."

OOC: no Stances up as I walk, I don't need the loss of AC

Medic!
2012-10-12, 11:56 PM
Seshra

Seshra stretches as the morning greets her, light shining through the window to wake her. As she arches her back like a cat, and feels like purring to be perfectly honest, she notices a letter on her nightstand.

As she opens it and reads it she wonders, Who wrote this...and why do I get a bad feeling about it? With a sigh she nimbly pops up out of bed and washes her face in the basin provided, combs through her hair distractedly, and frowns at the reflection in the mirror. "Still old girl, if one of them's pissed off at you again, best to make it right before things get out of hand again...

She stows her pack underneath the bed and locks her door on the way out of her rented room. With any luck I can find some diversion to keep me busy for a couple days to brighten my mood.

She strolls down the stairs, carefree and graceful as a dancer. Surveying the common room she sees nothing of particular interest, and decides to try the inn down the way.

I wonder if they knew I was here, or if they just think it's some hillarious joke... she ruefully thinks as she looks up over her shoulder and glares at the shingle bearing a golden lily over the door. "Maybe the guards would like another visit today...loooove the way they drool!"

She skips off towards the main gate, packing a snowball to say hello with, a cloud over her head as she ponders the mysterious note.

OOC:Seshra will be happy to enjoy some diversions about town, returning to the Guilded Lilly each evening for meals until the note-giver shows

Eisen_Hammer
2012-10-13, 03:13 PM
Illithilich and cgrela
As you approach the small village surrounding the guilded lily you notice a few of the guards standing around talking.

blazinghand
As you approach the small village you notice a frantic looking woman.

Chimaera

You notice nothing strange as you reach the town.

Necron
As you approach the town you notice many weak spots in the guards rotations and that they do not seem to be watching outside as much as inside.

Medic
You see a little girl around the age of 8 pelting two older boys with snowballs and is not being seen by the two boys. She is currently on top of a near by roof.

Dire Reverend
2012-10-13, 03:21 PM
Rosalyn:

While power is nice and all, Rosalyn was really interested in the change of pace. The town she had been feeding on had become dull and emotionless (literally).

Rosalyn stays out of crowded areas, to avoid detection.

OOC: Rosalyn is constantly using sense emotions (135 feet), (essentially Blindsense, but I can only see those who are able to receive morale modifiers, AKA people with emotions) if anybody is near her, but looking out for anybody alone and out of sight, for a meal.

Medic!
2012-10-13, 03:24 PM
Seshra

Seeing the girl pelting the two boys with snowballs makes Seshra grin all the wider...after all she was about to head to the gate to do the very same thing wasn't she? Ha ha, Sesh...who does SHE remind you of?

On a whim, Seshra decides to join the little girl. Left my pack at the Lilly...well, guess we'll just have to make due without climbing gear... She moves around to the side (or back) of the building the girl is on, so prying eyes don't spoil her surprise, and jumps up towards the roof, activating her anklet to place her on top of the building.

Quiet as she can, she moves across the roof. Staying out of sight of the boys as best she can, she lets her snowball fly at one of them, throwing it hard enough to hopefully evoke a real reaction.


[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3] (including a -4 for non-proficiency, I'm assuming)

blazinghand
2012-10-13, 03:36 PM
Josep steps forwards and expends a 4th-level spell slot to cast Silent Suggestion (which has no verbal or somatic components). "I suggest you cease panicking and place yourself under the protection and command of me, a powerful mage." (DC 21)

Josep feels a rush as the demonic power flows through him. He follows up with soothing words. "Calm down, woman. What's going on? Perhaps I, Josep Arrkupalack-Ip of Darkwood, can help. Tell me everything you know."

Anecronwashere
2012-10-13, 06:50 PM
Pelak approaches the gate, walking up to the closest Guard
"Greetings Sir. I've noticed your guard rotations are a little odd, is there something inside the city you would rather be watching than anyone who enters?
I am Pelak Kilosi, I've had lots of experience with Guards, having been one myself for a very long time."

cgrela
2012-10-13, 07:13 PM
Sumaiel walks straight up to one of the guards. "Excuse me, would one of you be able to tell me where this inn is?", pointing to the letter, where it says "Guilded Lily" Oh, excuse me again, you obviously can't read. We are looking for the Guilded Lily.

Chimaera
2012-10-13, 08:28 PM
As soon as Jamal reach the city he try to look over any temple or anyone holding holy symbols. If someone pass near him he'll ask "Where's the city's temple?" just to know what kind of churches are in this city, then he'll leave and try to find the Guilded Lily and look for a table and sit there and wait, looking at the people in the inn for any suspicious character.

Illithilich
2012-10-14, 12:50 AM
Prehaps we should go ask someone else where it is, these men seem that they are quite busy putting their intellects to the proper use. Baldred mentally prepares himself to enter a more combative stance if needed.

(OOC: The blue is sarcasm, I wanted to keep the sarcasm in for the character, but couldn't think of any other way to show it without over-explaining. More importantly, I switch from Child of Shadow to the Pearl of Black Doubt stance.)

PowerGamer
2012-10-14, 12:48 PM
Richard read his note and shared it with Jamal. He too agreed it was suspicious, but Richard didn't worry too much, he's survived the arena, what hasn't killed him has only made him stronger.

---

Richard walks into town with Jamal

Sorry kinda lost the link and forgot about it for a few days. I'm alive. If I'm not posting, just assume I'm with Jamal.

Eisen_Hammer
2012-10-14, 01:16 PM
Powergamer & Chimaera
"There are no temples here. The people here follow the old ways." The guard you asked tells you and looks nervously at the largest building in town "Do your business here and leave no one likes outsiders."

Illitilch & cgrela
The guard you ask does not even seem taken aback by what your insult at not being able to read and just points at the largest building in town.

Necron
"Huh? Oh we have a special guest that we are not sure her intent and want to make sure that she is looked after." The guard looks at you and you notice something is off with him.

Medic
You hit the young boy in the head with a snowball. "Ow. It must be that witch who is here in town lets get out of here." The two boys run off crying. The little girl starts laughing.

Blazing
The lady looks at you "Please help me master and find my little girl I do not know where she went, and with this witch about I pray to the sun that she is alright.

Dire
You sense a lot of fear. And there are a few random people alone nothing challenging if you need a meal.

DM only[roll0]

Chimaera
2012-10-14, 01:40 PM
"The old ways then? Ok, thank you officer. Can you give me some general directions? Where can I find the Guilded Lily? Is here any magic and weapon shops around?"

After getting some general directions, Jamal and probably Richard will go to the Guilded Lily and wait there.

blazinghand
2012-10-14, 04:07 PM
Josep stops and thinks for a moment. "I'm willing to look for her (bluff [roll0] but first tell me everything you know about the witch, and tell me about the nearby town, and the gilded lily."

Anecronwashere
2012-10-14, 04:36 PM
"I see... So keeping an eye on this special guest means derelicting in your duties? Who is this special guest with unknown intentions, some high Mage?"
Pelak examines the guard, trying to put his finger on what is wrong

[roll0]

Medic!
2012-10-14, 04:47 PM
Seshra

Seshra grinsat the little girl's mirth...She definately reminds me of someone I know...

She hops down off the roof back the way she came, rolling at the end of her jump to soften the impact, and brushes the snow off her shoulders and back. If I weren't in such a good mood I'd show that boy a thing or two for calling me a witch! But those guards are waiting for me!

She heads off towards the main gate, feeling cheerier than ever.


[roll0] to reduce the distance 10ft
[roll1] to reduce it another 10ft

blazinghand
2012-10-15, 10:35 AM
After the woman says what she has to say, if it seems she probably wouldn't be missed, Josep kills her with Magic Missile. If not, he sends her on her way. Then, he goes to the gilded lily and arranges for a meal and a place to sleep.

cgrela
2012-10-15, 10:52 AM
Disappointed at the non-reaction from the guard, Sumaiel marches onward. She spots a small child, and leans down to her. "Your parents have been possessed by demons. You need to cut them open to get the fiends out. Do it while they're sleeping." Smiling at the potential chaos, she walks onwards to the inn.

Taking 10 on the Bluff check, for a total of 34.

Illithilich
2012-10-15, 04:20 PM
"Fun is fun, but why not go straight for what's bothering you? Besides a crazy girl may only make them worry, they need something to fear." Calling on his natural talents, Baldred summons forth an elemental of the air. It floats invisibly before him. Whispering to it, "Attack those guards, knock them around a bit. Try not to kill any of them."

I use one of my 1/day SLA's from the Fey Heritage feats (Nature's Ally V) to summon an air elemental. Im assuming that they are invisible unless they whirlwind, since its just air.

Eisen_Hammer
2012-10-15, 04:39 PM
It is almost time for you all to meet your mystery note giver.

Illithilich The guards bolt the first sign that the wind is even touching them.

cgrelaThe little girl looks at you with an odd look "Okay daddy, I will do as you say."

BlazingThe lady does not tell you anything other than there is a witch and a look of surprise comes over her face as your magic missile tears a hole into her gut.

MedicNothing else interesting happens.

Necron"De...de...derilictin ain't what I am doin boy. I am protectin t'is town as I see fit. Y...y...you ain't got no right to be tellon me hows to do my job. So yous best be gettun along now you ear. And she ain't no igh mage she a witch." Whatever is wrong with him it is beyond your abilities to comprehend.

Chimara"The lily is the largest building. We don't have any shops for you adventuring folk here. Please be about your business and carry on."



As you enter the Guilded Lilly the most beautiful woman you have ever met in your entire lives leads you one at a time to a back room. She says nothing to you and will not respond to any questions you ask, she simply takes you by the arm gently but with authority and guides you to this room. There is a large table with a seat with each of your names at it. Once all of you are in the beautiful quiet girl stands in the corner and food of all sorts is brought out by beautiful looking waiters and waitresses.

OOC: You may now look at each other in silence or even talk to each other.

Dire Reverend
2012-10-15, 04:50 PM
Rosalyn decides to follow one of the people who are alone, and decides to sneak behind him/her, and at the right moment, attack.
As an Incorporeal, Rosalyn does not need to make move silently checks.

Hide: [roll0]

Eisen_Hammer
2012-10-15, 04:51 PM
You eat your meal.

OOC: Please edit post to include going to the inn.

blazinghand
2012-10-15, 05:13 PM
Josep eats food the as he speaks. It's not bad. He says, "So, y'all sent me a letter asking me to be here. Or at least one of you did, seeing how we've trickled in. What's the deal? I'm Josep, by the way. Pleased to meet you all for the first time."

DM and Medic!
Josep is pretending not to recognize his old friend Sheshra. It might be valuable not to give away their knowledge of each other for now. He gives this information secretly to Sheshra as he speaks (DC 15) Bluff [roll0]. If someone wants to intercept the message, they'll need to beat that bluff (which is also being used to hide our previous friendship).

Anecronwashere
2012-10-15, 06:21 PM
Pelak nods a little, sorting the information into his head, walking off.

He had places to be, Masters to resurrect.

Entering the Lily he lets the woman lead him to the room, seating himself

"I'm here due to a note. Apparently a lead into resurrecting someone... important to me is here. I'm Pelak, Pelak Kilosi."

PowerGamer
2012-10-15, 07:50 PM
Richard enters the room, he's still mesmorized by the beautiful woman who is leading him in. After he sits down and watches her leave does he notice there are others in the room already. The first two introduce themselves. Richard sizes them up out of habbit. He eats as he listens. His table manners are a little lacking which draws some attention. "Oh.. Mph.. Mmm am Ricard Scheeelhndd" He says with a mouthful before swallowing what's in his mouth. Clearing his throat he repeat, loudly for all to hear,"I am Richard Sheildhand, champion gladiator from the arena's of Thunder Shell. Mmmm this food is good." he takes another bite, be for saying more seriously..."I come looking for power. My letter said to come here for it. If there is to be a tournament, I warn you all it is not my first by far."

Anecronwashere
2012-10-15, 07:55 PM
"A tournament? Please. I have slaughtered dozens of "Tournament champions". I'm interested in two things, neither of which a Tournament would give me."

Pelak looks faintly disgusted by the rude champion, his well-used weapon in full view of everyone in it's sheath. He looks gruff and intimidating, despite the slightly-fading laugh lines around his eyes.

Medic!
2012-10-15, 08:05 PM
Seshra

Seshra is led into the room by the tart that met her at the door. Seeing three men in the room, one of which she was already aquainted with, making hasty introductions. Old Josep eh...something must be afoot. He's not jumping up to hug me eh? Prudence would dictate that act as though we don't know eachother...and I see he thinks the same.

She flips her golden tresses over her shoulder and tries to accentuate her curves as she takes her seat, but when nobody bothers to notice she quickly becomes angry. She spits out a venomous "Bitch" and flings a fingerful of rude gesture at the door after the woman who led her in leaves the room, presumably to fetch another guest. Oh look at me I'm SO gorgeous! I should slit her pretty little neck...

Seshra glowers around the table, noticing that her outburst probably didn't constitute good table manners...Not that Mr. Tournament seems to mind table manners at all...she notes, with an upturning of her nose.

Seshra then sits in a pouting silence, waiting for the meal to be served.

Anecronwashere
2012-10-15, 08:26 PM
"Why are you upset that a non-human attracts more attention than you?
Maybe she can't help it, besides do you think Any of us would be good partners to attract? Well, I guess maybe Josep but I don't know enough of him to make a good guess."

PowerGamer
2012-10-15, 08:30 PM
"A tournament? Please. I have slaughtered dozens of "Tournament champions". I'm interested in two things, neither of which a Tournament would give me."

Not unsettled by Palek,"I see no reason to openly challenge eachother but to let the tournament decide who is better. But I see to reason no fight you before I find out who sent me this letter and acheive the power promised to me."

Anecronwashere
2012-10-15, 08:34 PM
"I see plenty of reasons to fight you. Simply none that are worth jeopardizing my chances at attaining my goals."

PowerGamer
2012-10-15, 08:41 PM
"I see plenty of reasons to fight you. Simply none that are worth jeopardizing my chances at attaining my goals."

Mumbles something to quiet for anyone else to hear before taking another large bit of food and sitting down. -I'm not fond of this person. He may stand tall now but one day will fall to my shield. This Pathetic Palek is one I must keep an eye on

blazinghand
2012-10-15, 08:44 PM
"Champions, warriors, please calm yourselves. I have no interest in seeing you fight each other, as I and several others would likely get destroyed just in the crossfire. We all have our reasons to be here-- it seems we were all summoned, and offered payments worth our while. I doubt our employer would have called for such great warriors just to have them fight each other and destroy the town in the process. I certainly don't want to lose my payment, and I doubt you would either."

As charmingly as possible, Josep gesticulates and casts a Silented Silent Image, and projects a hologram onto the table. Powerful warriors, each receiving letters from a silhouetted figure.

"We shouldn't be fighting each other. The only reason we'd all be contacted--"

Arrows from the warriors pass to the figure, then upwards towards another silhouetted figure, this time with a target over it

"Would be to fight an external enemy. Let is lay aside our grievances for now and at least hear our mystery benefactor out."

He smiles and the image projects a downpouring of coins.

"After all, that's how we'll get what we want."

Anecronwashere
2012-10-15, 08:45 PM
OOC: Shield not sheild. Sorry, it's just been bothering me.


"So, what are you two here for? I told my reason, Champion over here said his reason..."

blazinghand
2012-10-15, 08:47 PM
"I have an enemy, Arrkupalack the Demon-Bear. He is powerful and fierce, but also subtle."

The image morphs into a dark bear with glowing eyes and hideous batlike wings.

"I have been hunting him for years, and only recently have got but the faintest hint of his trail. Every time I seem to come across him, he vanishes before I can catch him."

The bear dissipates into smoke. It coalesces into a letter, of text illegible.

"I received a letter promising me his location should I aid the sender, and summoning me here."

Medic!
2012-10-15, 08:53 PM
Seshra

Seshra pointedly ignores Pelak's statement, and addresses those gathered, "We're all here because of the meddlings of one of the Courts. Don't expect anything to be as cut and dry as you seem to think it is.

She turns a glare on Pelak and Richard, "And you two slobbering primates are going to ruin my appetite, I swear! If experience has taught me anything, the meal will be the most enjoyable thing in any of our near futures, I'd prefer not to see it wasted.

Anecronwashere
2012-10-15, 09:02 PM
"Food is food. It is simply sustenance to fuel the slaughter of Bandits." Pelak spits the word like the foulest curse imaginable. "and the pursuit of resurrection magic. And as far as I'm concerned Champion here is 1 step away from being a bandit, the only thing stopping me is that he kills people who volunteer."

blazinghand
2012-10-15, 09:09 PM
"The lady has a point."

Josep's image turns into a question-mark before dissipating into shadowy figures around the table.

"That might take a bit more finesse than smashing bandits or gladiators would typically entail. Nevertheless, I doubt you weren't hired without reason. We may well have bandits, or gladiators to fight, or even intrigues to settle after this meal. But there's no point to not eating for now. We'll need our full strength. Or, at least, I will, and I doubt either of you wants to be caught below full strength while the other isn't."

The figures vanish, but Josep keeps the spell active for now.

cgrela
2012-10-15, 09:18 PM
Sumaiel strides into the room, robes flowing behind her. She notices the assembled group. "Oh, my are you the ones that we are here to meet.?" She takes a moment to read the mood of the room, and studies the faces of those moments away from baring steel "Well, I guess not. You clearly aren't the type to send mysterious letters. Well, maybe you are- pointing at Seshra, "-or you" pointing at Josep. "Anyway, why am I here? I have things to do. Excite me."

blazinghand
2012-10-15, 09:22 PM
"I'm afraid I'm in the same boat as you, friend. We were all of us summoned via letter to this room. Our benefactor has prepared a meal for us, but otherwise hasn't appeared. I suspect he's waiting until everyone has arrived."

Josep nods his head in greeting.

"I am Josep of Darkroot. Here we have Pelak and Richard, but the others haven't made proper introductions yet.

Please, have a seat."

Medic!
2012-10-15, 09:24 PM
Seshra

Seshra takes a moment to weigh the newcomer, No...no I'm much prettier than she is. She offers the woman a smile and flicks her finger against the nameplate at her seat, leaning back in her chair in what she hopes appears as a position of effortless comfort.

Illithilich
2012-10-15, 10:55 PM
Arriving, Baldred makes his way across the room lazily, barely making an effort to keep moving foward. Letting the shadows wrap around his form, he looks at the varied men and creatures gathered around the table. His eyes linger on Seshra and Rosalyn a little longer than the others. Once he reaches her, he leans against the wall next to Sumaiel and whispers in a not so quite voice, "An entire room of them and only two worth talking to".

OOC: I switch to Child of Shadow stance when I walk in and keep moving at the 10ft. minimum to activate concealment. Also, man did this grow fast today.

Anecronwashere
2012-10-15, 11:03 PM
"Talking is overrated Mister ? It is merely who we can fight with that decides a person's worth. In both meanings of that phrase."

Illithilich
2012-10-15, 11:34 PM
Baldred leans foward, off of his wall. "Oh, but what then decides the worth of something that you can't slay with your sword, or that can't pick up a shield to fight with, such as talking, or a song? The worth is in what you say, and who you say it to. One could know a thousand superfluous words and spout hundreds of proverbs, but if there's nothing behind them then whats the point? One could jabber on for the longest time, but just adding more time gives no extra worth or meaning to it. And how do you know that you yourself was not one of the two I mentioned before, and that perhaps what I thought I knew about you is only confirmed by how you spoke up first? Or maybe not, how can you know? All that you can know is that I know, and that I know that you know that I know that you know that I know something that you don't suspect or realize yourself. But perhaps that last sentence made you begin to see why words can be a waste, especially on those who you know that will do nothing with them, or don't know who else might know what they don't know about what they do know, and how those who know what he doesn't needs to know what he does, but he doesn't know that either. Besides, why waste words on someone who might be dead by the next day, by your hand or anothers. Or maybe I only like talking to certain people, people who can keep up with not only knowing what I know, but knowing what they know that I don't know, which I need to know and they do know, and know that they should share what they know that I need to know with me, in case I know something myself that they need to know, which I know but they don't know, and thus what we don't know can become what we do know, and then we all know. Those people usually tend not to be people of your type or sort at all. Understand?" Baldred finishes with a quick gasp for air, before settling back into his lean, a crooked smile on his face.

Medic!
2012-10-15, 11:38 PM
Seshra

Seshra stares at Baldred, her eyes blink dully twice. In a flat voice she breaks the silence following his speech. "Holy ****, can we just eat?"

OOC
Not discouraging the conversation, but reading that I saw it happen in my head and had to put it in type :smallsmile:

Anecronwashere
2012-10-16, 12:00 AM
A twinkle appears in the young former guard's eyes.
"Ah but you yourself make the assumption my comment was due to an offense taken due to seeming to be taken out of the two unspecified, which would in actuality prove my lack of self-worth in that I would immediately believe I was not one of the two worthy of talking.
I was merely stating the fact that talking itself is not something that measures a person's worth, no matter their length of wind.
Saying I know that you know that I know that you know does not in fact mean anything beyond the superflous and your entire speech was given simply to confuse and confound those that have limited mental capacity forgetting that strong body does not mean weak mind or in fact anything at all to do with the mind and making the assumption I would not know or care what you said, or indeed you did believe that I would think you would make that assumption and thus make a similar long-winded speech as a method of checking my mental fortitude in such things.
I also specified a Person's worth so measuring a song' worth the same was one would measure a person is folly of the highest order for they are completely different forms and different checks to discover their worth. Would you measure a poem by it's word count the same way one would an Epic novel? Or perhaps use the tempo one recites their vocabulary in to decide whether they are well-learned or simply a miscreant. Neither are checks that can be applied so why would one think that being Human or indeed Alive in the more broader sense make any and all worths compatible and even if it is, why would that then stop converting into Human-Worth then back into a 3rd sense of worth normally incompatible with the original?"

Pelak finishes his own speech, not needing to gasp for air, having taken enough time to breath not to need it.

EDIT: 16 Int, 16 Wis. He is not a dumb brute :smallamused:

Illithilich
2012-10-16, 12:07 AM
(ignore, moved downwards for pacing)

Medic!
2012-10-16, 12:08 AM
Seshra

A furious scream tears itself from Seshra's throat and she flings her nameplate at the wall.

Re-composing herself, she sits primly in her seat, patting down her hair and straightening her clothes.

Illithilich
2012-10-16, 12:10 AM
The smile on Baldred's face grows a little wider after the Guard's response. "Well, it looks like we can call it three. I would continue this, but it seems we're boring the rest of this little group, so let us save this for latter time."
OOC:Medic! its fine, I thought it was pretty funny actually.

Anecronwashere
2012-10-16, 12:11 AM
Pelak politely ignores the woman's outburst, eating his meal
"Indeed. So, why are you here? I'm here about resurrecting some people and Champion over there stuffing his face wants Power."

Illithilich
2012-10-16, 12:15 AM
"Oh, the usual. A vague letter, describing a vague reward, in return for a vague service, or maybe a vague favor, from someone who is, suprisingly, a mystery. But even that is better than no letter, with no reward, and nothing to do for any somebody, which is what we were doing before."

Anecronwashere
2012-10-16, 12:41 AM
"We? Either you came with someone or you have multiple personalities. Or a familiar, but I don't see an animal around here.
Or you use the Royal plural, but since you haven't made a habit before now..."

blazinghand
2012-10-16, 12:56 AM
Josep consumes another bite of his food. It's really, really not bad.

"Well, if nobody else is showing up, perhaps our letter-sender is already here?"

He looks around the table.

"This is pretty good, by the way. At least, in the South we have nothing like this. It has been a long time since I've eaten so well."

Medic!
2012-10-16, 04:04 AM
Seshra

When the food is served, Seshra enjoys the meal thoroghly, primly picking through bite after bite. "Mmmmm tasty indeed...I really hate being right all the time. If the food is this good, whatever the Court has in store for us must be truly tasteless."

A fleeting thought flits through her mind, It would be a grand joke to declare myself the note-writer....Her Majesty Seshra has summoned you all, you are behind on your taxes, you ****s, give me your coin pouches and flee my royal presence....scratch that, OUR royal presence! HA! She quickly dismisses the idea, but a pleasant grin spreads across her face none-the-less. A fine prank indeed....bow! bow you turds! HA!

PowerGamer
2012-10-16, 04:42 AM
Glares at Palek while eating. Completely ignores the entrence of the other. At the woman's scream he turns slightly, looks at her She doesn't look half bad either be for going back to drilling holes into the back of Palek's head with his eyes

Anecronwashere
2012-10-16, 04:53 AM
Halfway through his meal Pelak speaks
"You know you prove your lack of expertise by first, not paying attention to anyone entering and second taking what I said personally. If you wish to play with the big boys instead of in your little sandbox Arena. You need to be more professional Champion."

OOC: Nothing against your character, just think that some inter-party rivalry is a good thing.

cgrela
2012-10-16, 08:43 AM
"We refers to myself, and my companion here, Baldred. I am Suamiel Alkrie, of House Solwas." Turning to Seshra "I assure you, if this is the doing of a true noble of the Unseelie Court, whatever it may be, it will not be tasteless. Unless this is a prank by House Faroha. A more wretched hive of ill-conceived ideas and crudity I have never laid eyes upon. However, I don't think this is their doing. We did receive letters after all.

Eisen_Hammer
2012-10-16, 04:37 PM
The gorgeous woman walks up to the last empty chair and sits down. "So you all want to know why I brought you here. I am Elisia heir to the winter court my mother sent me to speak to you. She does not believe that you could handle her beauty. We wish to use you but first you must prove your worth. And then your favor will be earned."

She looks at each of you and when you make eye contact you feel excited and lustful. "My counterpart the heir of summer has a plan to steal some of my mothers power. My mother needs you to stop her without killing her. And you only have 2 weeks before the solstice. The day of the solstice the Seelie heir will take my mothers power and balance will never be had again. She will overthrow her own mother. We can not help you with more than information or it would destroy the balance."

After she finishes speaking she gingerly grabs a strawberry and eats it seductively.

Anecronwashere
2012-10-16, 04:55 PM
"So we have to stop but not kill some Fairy princess from becoming a queen in two weeks by stealing your mums power and then her own mothers? What ritual ais she using and what are the necessary components?"

cgrela
2012-10-16, 05:02 PM
Sumaiel's jaw drops, and remains gaping open for a split second until she regains her composure. She does down on one knee, bowing deeply. My lady, I am sorry I did not recognize you. I will of course assist in any way I can. She grabs Baldred by the back of his shirt, and pulls him down as well.

Medic!
2012-10-16, 05:32 PM
Seshra

Another one of those Told-You-So moments that would taste a lot better if I hadn't been right... Her apetite suddenly gone, she lays down her fork and knife in their proper places.

Icily, she speaks. "Long time no see Elisia. I don't suppose you'd be so kind as to tell us where to begin so we could get you out of our hair and be on with it?"

cgrela
2012-10-16, 05:48 PM
Without rising, Sumaiel turns her head and glares at Seshra. "Speak so disrespectfully to my lady again, and I'll skin you before turning your corpse into a puppet for the children to play with and experiment with any urges they have on."

blazinghand
2012-10-16, 07:04 PM
Josep frowns. "I'm generally unfamiliar with these things, though perhaps someone will be able to fill me in. First, though, how do I know you have that which you promised me? I'll gladly help you in this matter if I know you'll be able to lead me to Arrkupalack afterwards."

Eisen_Hammer
2012-10-16, 08:24 PM
"The ritual is of course the changing of the seasons. With the solstice winters power fades and summers becomes stronger. Other than her tampering with it we can only guess what else she would need."


"Seshra may speak her mind, she will anyways, I feel that she works better that way. And Sumaiel, your devotion to my family is sweet but you still don't understand the way that we fey operate."

"And my dear Josep," With a wave of her hand a small town appears before you burning. It is your home, it zooms in on your old house and your family save your brother are all dead their entrails eaten from their bodies. "We do not wish this possible future from happening we will help you if you help us. My mother's old ally will take you all on the Hunt if you ally yourselves with us."

"And don't kneel before me it is disgraceful I am no God."

Medic!
2012-10-16, 10:55 PM
Seshra

Hmph! Put that smoothed out wrinkle-bag in her place! Seshra suppresses a self-satisfied smirk. For a moment she contemplates "accidentially" dropping her hand onto her spoon handle and flinging a dose of soup all over Sumaiel...But who can blame her...if I were her I'd be jealous of me too.

Having dealt with each court a time or two, Seshra sits back and waits for Elisia to get to the point. She won't say her piece until she's good and ready...they never do and no prodding will force their hand.

blazinghand
2012-10-16, 11:07 PM
Josep grunts. "Very well. I will aid you in your quest. Bear in mind that I am a foreigner in these lands, and this is all strange to me. I am unaware of your customs, rituals, or even how the power here shifts between winter and summer. You will have my loyalty, however, so long as you make good on your promise after I secure the throne for you."

Chimaera
2012-10-17, 07:05 AM
After a long moment in silence and without evertoucing his meal, the bald armored knight-like finally raise his voice: "I also need proof you can help me get the gauntlets I'm looking for. My name is Jamal and I'm a unholy servant of Hextor and this is my bodyguard and friend", the cleric say pointing to Richard, "and you would do good not to threat my friend here if you're wise" he finishes looking at the guard's revenge then he look at seshra and with some dissapointed exporession in his face he keep on talking, "Is there manners from where you come from? You act like some spoiled child".

After speaking that he look to the note-giver, "Where is the Gauntlets of the Bloodlord? Tell me that and you'll have my word that both me and Richard will help you keeping the balance between winter and summer".

Anecronwashere
2012-10-17, 07:32 AM
"You seem to be as mentally deficient as Champion if you expect to call her a spoiled child and not expect some retribution. I barely know Anything about Her and I know that.
Besides, I doubt the princess would lie about this and not have some evidence, doctored or otherwise to allay your fears while proving nothing.
Madame Elisia, what 'proof' would you offer me? Simply as a method of proving to the others that a Fey does not lie or tell truths without the Appearance of truth."

Chimaera
2012-10-17, 07:38 AM
"I'm not calling the princess of Winter the spoiled child, but this one", points to Seshra, "throwing soup and stuff around and acting like a child make the pretty sight of you not that pretty at all".

The he turns again to the guard's revenge, "And even a child may recall some story about fey's lies or tricks. What I need is proof".

Anecronwashere
2012-10-17, 07:59 AM
"I was talking about her? Did you think when I said Her I immediately meant the Princess?
And yes I do know the stories of tricky Fey, but that means they must be adept liars, able to create wholecloth entire rumors and 'evidence' to convince us. Something as simple as asking for a quick demonstration is well within a liar's bag of tricks. Baldred summoned an image earlier, then Elisia did just the same yet one was a representation the other is obvious proof?"

Chimaera
2012-10-17, 08:03 AM
"I never said her show of glamer was a proof. Illusions alone won't get me to her side. I want the information I seek".

Medic!
2012-10-17, 11:44 AM
I never threw any soup at anyone...90% of my posts have been inner monologue, all of Seshra's "Talking is like this" while These are inner thoughts

Chimaera
2012-10-17, 11:46 AM
Oh I see, my bad then. Misread it, ignore the coment over your character

Illithilich
2012-10-17, 05:09 PM
"Well, if what your letter promised is true, then I don't see any reason why not to help you mi'lady. Besides, it seems my other mi'lady wants to help you as well."

Eisen_Hammer
2012-10-17, 08:09 PM
"I see that you all are an untrusting bunch. I understand that you have been wronged in the past but that does not change the fact that I brought you all here before me, my mother does not want this plot to work so I am offering you the information and some of you will even get the prizes you seek upon completing my mission. I will leave if you wish to stop her we have seen her agents working among the mountains to the south. Good luck if you choose to help and good luck if you choose to abandon my side in my time of need. Work together or you will all fail."

She stands and leaves the room before anyone can say anything else to her.

blazinghand
2012-10-17, 08:22 PM
Josep stands and shouts after her: "Wait, surely that can't be all you know! We need more information than that! Who are we looking for? What should we do when we find them? Who can we contact for resources and support? How do you expect us to help you?"

Medic!
2012-10-17, 08:24 PM
Seshra

"I've served the Unseelie Court before...say one thing for them, they keep their promises when it comes to rewards. I for one, plan on getting a good night's rest, then setting out for the south tomorrow. If anyone else plans on going, I would expect to see you in the common room for breakfast."

Seshra rises to her feet, and leaves the room, much of her saunter and good mood diminished. Oh what trouble have you cooked up for me this time? True to her word, she goes straight to her bedchambers, locks the door, and tries to get some sleep.

Chimaera
2012-10-17, 08:45 PM
Jamal is a little irritated with the princess just leaving the way she did but can't help but to trust in her, "We better rest them Richard. Even though things got a little rude around, I hope everyone around work together and make this job done. Anyone in the mood for talking before sleeping? It would be good to know what kind of people I've got in this team to better prepare my spells on tomorow", after a minute of silence Jamal keep talking to whoever long in the room, "I'll begin then: I'm a cleric of war and destruction that mix my faith, discipline and my martial trainning to smash the foes of my religion and I specialiize in spells of evil and law. Anyone wants to be next?"

Jamal himself won't stay much longer in the room, but he'll hear any decription and try to use it to better choose his spells for tomorrow and then leave to bed, praying for Hextor before sleeping. If noone speak he'll prepare the spells that he seems better fitting himself.

PowerGamer
2012-10-17, 09:13 PM
Richard grumbles in response to Jamal and waits until Jamal is ready to leave

Anecronwashere
2012-10-17, 09:19 PM
"I'm a guard. I've trained with the guard since I was hold enough to hold a wooden sword and before I became a wanderer I was the best guard in the region bar 1, who is dead now."

Chimaera
2012-10-17, 09:32 PM
"A guard then? Interesting... a man of law then? Do you worship some deity? If not would you care to talk about the teachings of Hextor? You might find that amazing", Jamal says never missing an oportunity to teach new Hextorites.

Anecronwashere
2012-10-17, 09:59 PM
"I worship Helm. God of Guardians, Law and Protection. Your deity offers nothing to me I do not gain from venerating him."

OOC: Helm is Lawful Neutral so within 1 step alignment-wise of both LG (what he was) and LE (his current alignment). It seemed to fit

blazinghand
2012-10-18, 12:48 AM
Josep exits the Inn after the woman, and casts Extended Invisibility as he does so. He follows he for as long as he can, and if he reaches a point where he can follow her no longer, he instructs Portize to do so and learn all he can. Then he heads back to the inn, and awaits Portize' return.

While he's at the inn he gathers information about the Unseelie and Seelie Courts, the interchange of power between the two people, and about activities in the mountains to the south, where there might be inns in that area.

Once most everyone has gone to sleep, even the night owls, he spends 2 hours sleeping with Portize keeping watch, then wakes back up and spends the rest of the time before dawn wandering the town and learning about its inhabitants, the inn, and that strange woman.

Gather Information [roll0]

Chimaera
2012-10-18, 06:42 AM
"You think Hextor has nothing to offer you? Don't be foolish. There are spells I can cast that works better for believers and others that would only affect believers. Anyway, you do as you think it's better. I'm going to sleep", and then Jamal lose all interest in staying there talking and go to his room sleep.

Eisen_Hammer
2012-10-18, 04:59 PM
blazinghand
As you exit the inn to follow the princess she is no where to be seen. Your information is somewhat vague. All you find out of the courts is that they are not truly enemies but they are more about keeping the balance. You find out that every solstice the queens exchange a majority of their power. The rumors to the south are wide and inconsistent, you here that the wild animals have become more active that they have all disappeared. That the Fey are raiding carriages, and also that the roads have never been safer. There are a few inns nothing extremely interesting.


Once the sun rises there is a very strange feeling and a huge release of magic washes over the town revealing a burnt out shell of a town. Nothing remains. It must have been a powerful illusion to get past all of your defenses.

Chimaera
2012-10-18, 06:33 PM
"These fairies are tricky... Can't believe they did deceived me that easy... I don't like it, but this quest may be the only tip I'll need to get the gauntlets...", after waking Jamal began his prayers, "Oh powerful Hextor, lend me some of your unholy power to see through my enemies illusions and smash their pretty faces".

He'll keep an Inflict Moderate Wounds on his morning star.

He'll look for the fairy players and ask if they can tell him anything useful about the fairies and the summer fairy.


Daily Spells:
0: Cure Minor Wounds (4), Detect Magic (1), Light (1);
1: Inflit Light Wounds (1), Blades of Blood (2), Faith Healing (2), Divine Favor (1), Shield of Faith (1);
2: Espiritual Weapon (1), Inflict Moderate Wounds (1), Close Wounds (1), Divine Protection (1), Wave of Grief (1);
3: Magic Circle aggaisnt Chaos (1), Cure Serious Wounds (1), Unholy Storm (1), Mass Conviction (1), Mass Resist Energy (1);
4: Divine Power (2), Poison (1);

blazinghand
2012-10-18, 06:55 PM
Josep nods to the others as he comes back to the inn.

"Well, this entire deal stinks like an orcish sauerkraut crock left out in the sun to cure, only to be found 4 years later after 3 goblins died on it of cholera. The Fey keep their deals, yes, but we have precious little information. Agents in the southern mountains? That's all. No resources, and no support from the court."

He regards the others, not entirely trustworthy, but not his enemies.

"I'm going to head south anyways. It's on my way, and if by chance I find more information, I might see what I can do for these folk. They've certainly made it worth my while. Anyone who wants to come with me is welcome."

If the others agree, Josep suggests setting off south along the road if there is one, and marching for the rest of the day, heading towards the mountains.

Chimaera
2012-10-18, 09:11 PM
"I agree with you, better go south and investigate".

Medic!
2012-10-18, 09:45 PM
Seshra

Seshra wakes, washes her face, and fusses over her hair a bit. She retrieves her pack and heads downstairs for breakfast. What in the Nine Hells happened to this place? DAMN FAIRIES! It was already starting again, and she was caught in the middle like a fly in a web...again. *Sigh* She sits down and opens her pack, taking out a mug of water and some dried jerky for her breakfast. Couldnt' even leave me one more good meal...

As the others come into the common room of the shell of an inn she finishes up her meal in silence.

Responding to Josep, "If anyone thinks they have a choice, they've not seen through the Unseelie Court's best illusion yet."

When he starts out to head south, she skips along next to him, thumbs under the straps of her pack, her blonde hair held up in a pony tail.

Before the others catch up, she leans over to whisper in Josep's ear, "Long time no see, Josep, you look well!"

blazinghand
2012-10-18, 09:52 PM
Josep nods, and speaks out loud.

"Something tells me there's more to this than we know. These fey are dangerous creatures, creatures with which I am unfamiliar."

Medic!
2012-10-18, 10:03 PM
Seshra

"They're easy to figure out. Think of something that would make you miserable, then place that thing in the hands of the fae and take a knee."

Anecronwashere
2012-10-18, 10:05 PM
"Yes, I am unfamiliar as well. Though I knew that Guard was fishy earlier. Looking in but never out? Still, tricks or no none of us can give up what was offered. South it is."
Pelak is dressed in his gleaming armour, obviously polished last night, his badge of membership into the Guards shining on his chest as he loosens his sword in it's sheath, looking around at the ruined town
"Those poor guards, slaughtered for no reason. I simply hope they went down fighting."

Illithilich
2012-10-18, 10:44 PM
After waking in a now ruined tavern room, Baldred strolls down to meet with the others for the morning. Going up to Sumaiel, he remarks to her, "Just another day in the Unseelie Court, isn't it?"

Eisen_Hammer
2012-10-18, 10:48 PM
As you travel along the road going south you...


roll listen and spot checks

blazinghand
2012-10-18, 10:50 PM
Josep
Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

Portize
Spot: [roll2]
Listen: [roll3]

Medic!
2012-10-18, 10:51 PM
Seshra the Keen-eared Sassy Lassy

[roll0] [roll1]

cgrela
2012-10-18, 10:55 PM
Indeed it is. What wonderful and convoluted shenanigans!

Spot:[roll0]
Listen:[roll1]

Sumaiel strides happily along the road, blissfully unaware.

blazinghand
2012-10-18, 10:59 PM
"Sorry, what was that?" asks Josep. His unusually dull senses have failed him once again.

Anecronwashere
2012-10-18, 11:56 PM
[roll0] Listen
[roll1] Spot

PowerGamer
2012-10-19, 04:30 AM
Richard has been awake for sometime now. He's angered that the fey were able to trick him so easily. He prepares to leave with the others.

Spot [roll0]
Listen [roll1]

Dang those are good for no modifiers, but that there is a waste of a good nat 20

Illithilich
2012-10-19, 05:09 AM
Listen: [roll0]
Spot: [roll1]

Chimaera
2012-10-19, 06:47 AM
Jamal always travel with his heavy flail in ahnd and besides Richard.

Listen: [roll0]
Spot: [roll1]

Eisen_Hammer
2012-10-19, 12:17 PM
Portzie
Sheshra
Richard
Jamal

You see/hear five men dressed as bandits jump out you may take an action during the surprise round. Post what you are going to try to do along with rolls and I will in my post tell you what happens. If two players attack the same person and the first person kills the enemy I will PM you about what else you would want to do.
..A B .C D. E F. G
1[] [] [] [] [] [] []
2[] [] [] [] [] [] []
3[] [] [] [] [] [] []
4[] [] [] [] [] [] []
5[] [] [] [] [] [] []
6[] [] [] [] [] [] []
7[] [] [] [] [] [] []

Please tell me where you would like to be on this chart

blazinghand
2012-10-19, 12:44 PM
Portize will be in the same square as Josep, probably 4D. He'll spend his surprise round activating his Invisibility Spell-Like Ability. In the following rounds, he's going to fly up about 20 feet, then fly forwards and look for enemies. He'll shout the location of any hidden enemies. After 2 or 3 rounds of scouting, return to the center of the party area, but stay elevated. Break invisibility and he'll engage using his Wand of Magic Missile CL 9 spend a maximum of 4 charges, then prompt for new tactics.

Josep's tactics, once his initiative count comes up: Cast Haste on party members. In the following rounds, he'll use Protection from Arrows on himself, then Acid Substituted Scorching Ray and an Empowered Magic Missile, focusing down the closest enemies first. After this, Josep attacks with his light crossbow. Use spare move and free actions to move out of melee from the enemy, try to keep allies between self and enemy. If Josep falls below 20 hp, he'll cast Invisibility-- then prompt for new tactics.

If either Josep or Portize observes spellcasting or nonhumanoids, prompt for new tactics.

Medic!
2012-10-19, 01:53 PM
Seshra

Seshra will be walking in the square at Josep's right hand. When the ambush is sprung she barks a quick command word and lets a javelin fly at the closest bandit on instinct.


[roll0] (+1 Javelin with a 30ft range inc)
[roll1] (+5 if insightful strike applies)
[roll2] if within 30ft and flat-footed/etc

PowerGamer
2012-10-19, 02:24 PM
Richard spots some the bandits. "Hextor I offer up the blood of these men to you." He says in a low voice so that the bandits can't hear. He draws his throwing axe and throws it.

Placement: C4
Only actually throws if there is a target within 10 feet
Aims at a caster if in range and I can tell it's a caster
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
Flesh grinding :p

Illithilich
2012-10-19, 04:22 PM
Baldred will be just behind Sumaiel, whenever that will be. Also, I have Child of Shadow stance on (its my default stance, unless I say otherwise assume I start with it).

Chimaera
2012-10-19, 04:46 PM
Jamal will be at 4B and cast a Divine Power on himself.

Eisen_Hammer
2012-10-19, 06:54 PM
..A B .C D. E F. G
1[] [] [] [B] [] [] [B]
2[ ] [B] [ ] [ ] [B] [ ] [ ]
3[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
4[ ] [J] [R] [P] [Se] [ ] [ ]
5[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
6[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
7[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]

This is what I have for positions right now. Is this correct? Copy and put yourself on here. If you want to start in a different spot let me know.

-----------------------------------

Surprise round:

Jamal casts Divine power on himself. Sheshra throws her javalin slamming one of the bandits in the chest, Richard throws his axe but misses. Portzie goes invisible.

The bandit that got hit in the chest looks very worried about the javalin in his chest.

Roll for init.

Medic!
2012-10-19, 07:04 PM
Seshra

"Finally a man with the sense not to stare at my chest!" With a smirk, she falls into a ready combat rhythm.


[roll0]

..A B .C D. E F. G
1[] [] [] [B] [] [] [B]
2[ ] [B] [ ] [ ] [B] [ ] [ ]
3[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
4[ ] [J] [R] [P] [S] [ ] [ ]
5[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
6[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
7[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]

This looks ok to me!

blazinghand
2012-10-19, 07:13 PM
Josep is in Portize's square I assume.

Josep Initiative: [roll0]

Portize' Initiative: [roll1]

Anecronwashere
2012-10-19, 09:08 PM
[roll0]

Pelak would be in 4A


Actions:
Free: Quick Draw my sword, shield still floating around me letting me Two-Hand it
Free: 5-foot step to 3B
Standard Action: Emerald Razor (Touch Attack, normal Melee damage)

To-Hit (Touch): [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]
Vicious: [roll3]

"Bandits! Feel my blade you scum of the earth!"

Chimaera
2012-10-19, 09:29 PM
Jamal's Init: [roll0]

cgrela
2012-10-19, 10:01 PM
Initiative: [roll0]

Standing in 6C.

Illithilich
2012-10-19, 10:14 PM
Then im in 7C. Initiative: [roll0]

PowerGamer
2012-10-19, 10:19 PM
Initiative: [roll0]

Eisen_Hammer
2012-10-20, 09:31 PM
Order of things happening.
Seshra(20)
Pelak(18)
Balred(15)
Sumaiel(14)
Portize(13)
Bandits(12)
Josep(11)
Richard(9)(guess I over looked it like 12 times)
Jamal(8)



A B C D E F G
1 [ ] [ ] [ ] [b ] [ ] [ ] [b ]
2 [ ] [b ] [ ] [ ] [b* ] [ ] [ ]
3 [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
4 [Pe ] [J ] [R ] [P&J] [Se ] [ ] [ ]
5 [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
6 [ ] [Su ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
7 [ ] [B ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]


* indicates the bandit with a javalin in his chest.

Don't worry about the order the final write up for this round will account for order.

DM notes
[roll0]

Medic!
2012-10-20, 10:59 PM
Seshra

Seshra launches a volley of javelins at the bandits in front of her, hoping to even the odds quickly before they can properly defend themselves. She Her right and left hands sprout javelins and she flings one at each bandit, the momentum of her through forcing her arms to cross in an "X." On her return swing, uncrossing her arms, javelins appear again at a barked command from her and fly out towards the men again. "There's always time for you bastards to drop your gear and run, you know..."


Seshra takes a full attack, dual wielding her +1 force javelins. I'm assuming insightful strike does apply with the javelins. Also assuming they're still flatfooted for sneak attack tasties.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]

[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]

[roll15] (whoops, should be Offhand attack 2
[roll16]
[roll17]
[roll18]
[roll19]


*If Seshra has any "unused" attacks left from one of her targets dying, please direct her extra attacks at another bandit, starting with one of the two she has already targetted.

Eisen_Hammer
2012-10-21, 03:43 AM
Sheshra unleashes her javelins but only one connects with the injured bandit. He falls over from the force of the impact he does not move, and you can tell his breathing is labored.

Eisen_Hammer
2012-10-23, 12:26 AM
Are we still playing?

Anecronwashere
2012-10-23, 12:29 AM
Well you haven't respoded to my post yet

Eisen_Hammer
2012-10-23, 12:36 AM
Okay. I was planning on doing a everyone post actions post what happens and if the ned arises to where what you were going to attack died well then I would PM you. But okay.


Pelak steps forward into the fray the bandit does not look like he was really ready for a fight when Pelak's sword draws a decent sized gap in his left arm. Pelak smells a strong smell of Urine coming from this young bandit now locked in deadly combat.

Balred you are up.

Anecronwashere
2012-10-23, 12:42 AM
Well since you responded to Seshra I think we were all assuming you were doing 1 at a time.

"Don't tell them that, they might actually take you up on your offer and we'll need to chase them down."

Chimaera
2012-10-23, 05:41 AM
"It's just a ragtag! And to think I wasted a good spell on them, well...", Jamal will approach whatever bandit is left when his turn come and full attack or charge him.

Attack One: [roll0] dmg: [roll1] (if it was a charge, I'll use a power attack of 2, adding +4 damage)

Attack Two: [roll2] dmg: [roll3] (ignore this one if it was a charge.

cgrela
2012-10-23, 01:47 PM
Sumaiel will cast phantasmal killer (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/phantasmalKiller.htm) at any bandit that has not been injured.

If fort save succeeds, the damage is [roll0]

Illithilich
2012-10-23, 03:33 PM
Baldred will use Saphirre Nightmare Blade on the closest surviving bandit when it reaches his turn.

Concentration: [roll0] (Bandit's AC is the DC of the check.)
To Hit: [roll1] (-2 if Concentration check fails.)
Damage: [roll2] (Another [roll3] if I pass the Concentration check)

PowerGamer
2012-10-23, 07:14 PM
Richard takes a step toward the nearest bandit, draws his axe, and swings at him with his shield.

Attack: [roll0]
Crit Attack: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2] + [roll3] Flaming

*Due to feats I do not lose shield bonus when attacking with it

Eisen_Hammer
2012-10-24, 11:20 AM
Balred moves up into threatening position and smacks a Bandit in the face. Sumaiel points his finger at a bandit and they die of fear. Portzie flys up and is looking for more enemies. The bandit #3 hits Richard with an arrow doing 7 points of damage. Josep casts haste. Richard walks up to a Bandit and murders him with a walloping blow. Jamal charges a bandit hurting him significantly.


DM notesAoO[roll0]
Will save [roll1]
Fort [roll2]
Attacks bandit #1[roll3][roll4][roll5] Vs Balred
Bandit #2 (archery) [roll6][roll7][roll8]Vs Sumaiel Nope he dead
Bandit #3 (archery) [roll9][roll10][roll11]


A B C D E F G
1 [ ] [ ] [ ] [b ] [ ] [ ] [b ]
2 [ ] [b ] [ Ja ] [ ] [b ] [ ] [ ]
3 [Pe ] [B ] [ R ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
4 [ ] [ ] [ ] [Jo ] [Se ] [ ] [ ]
5 [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
6 [ ] [Su ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
7 [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]

cgrela
2012-10-24, 12:08 PM
Trusting the others to finish off the remaining bandit, Sumaiel will simply wait, dagger in hand but hand at her side.

Chimaera
2012-10-24, 12:27 PM
Jamal will land two blows at the surviving bandit (same power attack):

[roll0]
[roll1]

Medic!
2012-10-24, 01:24 PM
Seshra

Seshra, seeing their attackers are well in-hand, moves up to the first one she dropped with a javelin and checks to see if he's still alive.


If he's dead:
Seshra starts rifling through all the bandits' belongings looking for valuables and a clue as to who they were and where they came from.


If he's alive:
She tries to stabilize him and calls to the group, "This one still lives, we should keep him alive to ask a few questions. I'm not so sure this is a random bandit attack. It was sloppy, but it might not have been random, if you get my meaning."

If/when he regains conciousness, she will have a fistfull of his hair and a kukri at his throat.


Dice:

[roll0]
[roll1] - Note for the future, if your life depends on Seshra, abandon all hope.
[roll2]

PowerGamer
2012-10-24, 03:19 PM
If last bandit is still alive
Richard spins around and moves to the remaining bandit, looks at him, and swings his shield

Attack[roll0]
Crit Attack[roll1]
Damage [roll2] + [roll3] flaming

If last bandit is dead
Richard looks around for a moment surveying the scene... "That was... disappointing" and starts to check the bodies for anything useful

Search: [roll4]

Illithilich
2012-10-24, 05:09 PM
Dispatching his foe, Bladred glances at the rest of the battle. Seeing the remaining bandit, he turns to search the corpses, trusting his companions to be able to dispatch the last of the bandit rabble.

Search:[roll0]

Eisen_Hammer
2012-10-25, 01:05 AM
The last bandit drops his weapons. "Don't hurt me anymore."

Do you want to continue with your attacks?

Medic!
2012-10-25, 01:08 AM
Seshra

Seshra shouts, "Leave one alive for now, you barbarians...something isn't right here. No bandits would attack a heavily armed group like ours."

She glances at the last bandit, "I'd start talking right now if I were you. You aren't in the best of company you know..."

blazinghand
2012-10-25, 01:08 AM
"I say we interrogate him." says Josep.

Anecronwashere
2012-10-25, 01:12 AM
Coup-De-Grace. Through the torso.

Pelak walks up, smiling genially, Though on his face it looks more like a sneer
"Don't worry, we won't hurt you."
His blade stabbing straight through the young robbers torso and out the other side, leaning in to whisper in his ear "You can't hurt someone already dead."


"Bandits Die at the first opportunity, if you need information talk to their damned spirits."

blazinghand
2012-10-25, 01:24 AM
As the bandit gasps his death out, Josep turns to Pelak. "I don't suppose you think those were actual bandits, do you? Are you really that foolish? These were sellswords hired to kill us, and you just destroyed the evidence we need to get at those behind them."

Anecronwashere
2012-10-25, 01:36 AM
"Then they will try again. Sellswords, bandits, whatever you want to call them they are scum. Inexperienced scum judging by the ease we took them down. Besides, if you were hiring someone to kill a group of people, would you leave any traces for an interrogation to find? Judging by the timing I would say if they Were assassins then they would have been sent by either the Fey Princess, the person who hired us to test us or someone with the Princess' interests at heart."

blazinghand
2012-10-25, 01:38 AM
"Perhaps you're right; there's no way to know now that you've killed them, though. I was going to kill him, too, but why not first learn what we can? Throwing away resources like that is very short-sighted and unintelligent."

Anecronwashere
2012-10-25, 01:40 AM
"Suffer not the bandit to live. Every second a bandit draws breath is another of unrest for me and for the people I avenge. They are more restful now another is dead."

blazinghand
2012-10-25, 01:43 AM
"And in those moments, we might have found who sent them, who provided them with filthy lucre! In your zeal to kill these bandits, perhaps you have ensured more will be hired and paid. What's done is done-- we can't change that now. But the next time hired killers come for us, let me finish them off. Their ultimate destiny will be the same, but at least we might stem the tide better with the information we glean.

Isn't it more important to end banditry permanently than to stop this one assassin slightly more quickly?"

Eisen_Hammer
2012-10-25, 01:47 AM
I assume you are taking 20 to search them?

Either way they have mundane equipment if you want me to tell you all they have I can. And a note, the note reads. On the trail from the abandoned village a group of traders will arrive within a few days, take everything they have and return it to Fat Bob at the camp to the west.

Medic!
2012-10-25, 01:49 AM
Seshra the Impressario of Grand Theater

Seshra eyes the two arguing, and hefts a rock from the ground.

She moves her hand from side to side, speaking in a slightly deeper and growly voice, obviously satirically, "Suffer not a bandit to live!"

She then addresses the rock in her own voice, but with exagerated squeek and high pitch, "But wait, what if they are part of an elaborate plot? Don't be dense!"

The rock again, "I don't care! Death to all beetles!" She smashes the rock onto a bug crawling across the ground, making a farting noise as she crushes it, then goes back about her business checking the dead for information Information, or gold...either works...

blazinghand
2012-10-25, 01:58 AM
"Clearly this 'Fat Bob' character is the mastermind behind the operation to destroy us. This letter in code is his assignment to do so. We must procede to find this 'Fat Bob' and defeat him!"

Anecronwashere
2012-10-25, 02:01 AM
Pelak facepalms
"I may be biased about bandits but I'm not that big of an idiot. Please tell me you see through this blatant attempt at manipulating us to go kill this person and go to this place? The bandits were pitifully trained so they were clearly expected to fail miserably, us either interrogate a survivor or find this note and then head off to the west."

blazinghand
2012-10-25, 02:03 AM
"You clearly underestimate the INTENSITY of the conspiracy afoot here! Why did we go to the south? Because we were told to. But who knew of this? None but us here and the Fey who sent us. No, this is not a trap, this is the opposite of a trap laid for us by the unseen enemy! We must be vigilant and not let them drive us apart, brother!"

Josep begins to rant and gesticulate wildly.

Anecronwashere
2012-10-25, 02:08 AM
"Divinations. It's not hard for a powerful mage to contact high-powered entities for information on the future. Though we should head towards the camp to the west, if only because of a lack of Other places to go."

Medic!
2012-10-25, 02:12 AM
Seshra

Seshra lifts the rock one last time, smashing it back into the ground, accompanied by another farting sound.

She then rises, dusts her knees off, and begins striding off to the west at a hustle in search of Fat Bob.

Anecronwashere
2012-10-25, 02:15 AM
"How old are you?? Mentally at least."

Medic!
2012-10-25, 02:18 AM
Seshra

Seshra looks back over her shoulder, offering up a third fart-noise, "Old enough to spot a trap, sweet-heart!" without breaking stride.

blazinghand
2012-10-25, 02:21 AM
Josep's manic energy, screaming, and ranting gradually fades into muttering and dark looks around him. Portize fades out of invisibility next to him and guides him back towards the group. He twitches occasionally and is silent.

Chimaera
2012-10-25, 06:00 AM
"What you did back there was butchery, guardboy. May Hextor take these souls to an eternal torment in Hell. Let's go west and find this fat man and get some answers, them let's go back to south. We're paid for helping feys, not to pursue random bandits", that said Jamal part to west, "I think it will hard to forget the beetle-slayer-farting-rock show, you got a gift, haha".

Anecronwashere
2012-10-25, 06:14 AM
"Bandits deserve to be butchered. And this is the only lead we've got."

Chimaera
2012-10-25, 06:32 AM
"Everyone deserves a judgement. That's the law. You were a guard so you know that".

cgrela
2012-10-25, 08:07 AM
"Well, that was certainly interesting." Sumaiel says, as she lifts her robes to avoid the blood-soaked dirt. "We might as well go find this fat man mentioned int the note. If it is a trap, we become one step closer to serving my lady. If it is a simple group of bandits, we punish them for their temerity."

Eisen_Hammer
2012-10-25, 08:14 AM
Alright Knowledge local checks to see if anyone knows where you are going, since the note just said to the west.

PowerGamer
2012-10-25, 02:50 PM
Glares at Palek, gives the royal gesture and follows after Jamal

Anecronwashere
2012-10-25, 06:44 PM
"They got their judgement. It was Death by blade. Becoming a Bandit and attacking me lethally are both Capital offences."

Don't have Knowledge Local.

Eisen_Hammer
2012-10-25, 07:21 PM
You are lost. You don't know how you got to where you are nor do you know how to get back. But luck was on your side and you came across an old cabin where a little old man wearing bark for armor sits at a fire. "Don't chu comin no closa now. Ur I'll turn in to a dragon and eat cha. Whats your business here. "

cgrela
2012-10-25, 09:41 PM
We are but lost and weary travelers. A kind gentleman along the road told us to seek out a man by the name of "Fat Bob", and assured us that this man would show us hospitality and kindness, and point us the way back to our destination.

Bluff:[roll0]

Illithilich
2012-10-25, 09:59 PM
Ignore This Post

Illithilich
2012-10-25, 10:05 PM
Please good sir, if you could help me and mi'lady here, would you know where we could find this Bob, or where anyone who does?
Baldred says, acting like the loyal knight as much as he can.

Bluff: [roll0]

Medic!
2012-10-25, 10:08 PM
Seshra

Seshra stays back away from the cabin and the strange man. She flips out a kukri and digs at some dirt under her nails while the others lie through their teeth. "Judging from the smell wafting off of him, I'd swear he was a dragon already..."

Anecronwashere
2012-10-25, 10:11 PM
"Shut. Up. Druids that can turn into a Dragon are Very in-tune with nature. Meaning they would be able to do a lot of damage even without changing shape."
Pelak glares at the immature brat Seshra

Eisen_Hammer
2012-10-25, 10:56 PM
"Bob? I think you folks is lost. It is dangerous to be lost around here bigger things than dragons stalk these woods." The old man says already starting to sober up.

"But Bob will show you less hospitality than an angry owlbear when it is that time of the month. You passed his cabin about three hours the other way."

Medic!
2012-10-25, 11:03 PM
Seshra

Whispering back to Pelak, "And how do you measure a druid's strength? If it's by his stench, this one is either exceptionally mighty..." she pinches her nose, "or has a mortal fear of water. Either way I'm not staying down-wind from him just to enjoy your company."

She walks off a ways into the woods.

blazinghand
2012-10-26, 12:34 AM
Coming to his senses for moment, Josep says, "Sorry about her attitude, friend. I would most graciously beg your pardon for a moment that I might talk to her. You have to understand, the conspiracy of the antibandits has caught her by surprise and I unbandy the left for her terry-hisker. Or else they will know... they always know..."

Josep walks over to Seshra, and begins whispering conspiracy and madness into her ear.

Medic! and DM
Josep gets close and whispers into his friend's ear.

"This Pelak fellow is clearly a problem. At some point or another he's gonna mistake another guy for a bandit, someone who's got some real power, and get wasted. I like that Jamal guy, dunno about Baldred fellow though. We could try to get rid of Pelak, either by ditching him-- I have enough Invisibility to do that-- or by killing him ourselves... but he looks pretty tough, and I can't count on the others to back us up."

He pauses for a moment.

"What do you think? You're the smart one."

Medic!
2012-10-26, 12:39 AM
Seshra

blazinghand/DM:
Seshra leans in close to Josep, "I would just stay out of their way, eventually all barbaric thugs come to the same end. Being entangled with the Court means having a dumb walking wall of meat around could be a very good thing. Now if you'll pardon me...I've some business of a personal matter to attend to..." She casts about for a likely place out of sight of all these lecherous men.

blazinghand
2012-10-26, 12:57 AM
Josep makes his way back to the main group, conferring briefly with Portize.

"My apologies, friend, for the callousness my companions have portrayed. Truth be told, we got lost in the woods after being waylaid by bandits. Perhaps you would be interested in supping and talking with us? Our trail rations are a bit mean, but I am always willing to share, and good company is hard to find."

Diplomacy [roll0]

Chimaera
2012-10-26, 05:43 AM
"It would be good to have you for supper with us, mr... What's your name mister? I'm Jamal Kuro and since we're lost I would be grateful if you could tell us which way to go to the fat Bob cabin or to the mountains to the south. We've heard there are some strange things happening at the south, do you heard of them?" .

Diplomacy: [roll0]

Illithilich
2012-10-26, 02:11 PM
As his companions speak to the man, Baldred feels the shock of recognition pass through him. Grabbing Sumeail by the arm and pulling her back a bit, he whispers to her, "Do you know who this is!?!"

cgrela
2012-10-26, 02:18 PM
Sumaiel

Sumaiel wears a puzzled expression A disgusting smelling old mortal, who by all rights should have been taken by injury or disease long ago?

Illithilich
2012-10-26, 03:15 PM
"He was in court last time before, its Master Erlking. Mab's Wild Hunt. I could recognize that kind of fey anywhere."

Eisen_Hammer
2012-10-26, 04:11 PM
"Ah don't waste your food I will prepare a feast."

He waves his hands and a feast appears.

"So why do you travel through my lands? And why do you seek Bob the cloaked enchanter?"

Chimaera
2012-10-26, 04:26 PM
"Impressive... Well, his abndits attack us while we were travelling, so some of us want revenge on that", say Jamal without a second thought.

Eisen_Hammer
2012-10-26, 04:29 PM
"His bandits? Oh you mean those guards who he threatens to kill their families if they don't work for him." The old man laughs at your ignorance. "I know of your battle and I know of your female companions struggles right now. What you did not realize is around me time flows differently your friend is now fleeing for her life from Bob himself. But there is no way you could help her. Let us see if she is worthy."

Chimaera
2012-10-26, 04:33 PM
"The brat is endangered? Where?", Jamal get up and look at Richard, "We should go help her", and then looking back at the hobo, "Can you tell me where she is? Even though we're not friends and I think she's childish, she's with me and I don't like people messing with my companions".

Daily Spells:
0: Cure Minor Wounds (4), Detect Magic (1), Light (1);
1: Inflit Light Wounds (1), Blades of Blood (2), Faith Healing (2), Divine Favor (1), Shield of Faith (1);
2: Espiritual Weapon (1), Inflict Moderate Wounds (1), Close Wounds (1), Divine Protection (1), Wave of Grief (1);
3: Magic Circle aggaisnt Chaos (1), Cure Serious Wounds (1), Unholy Storm (1), Mass Conviction (1), Mass Resist Energy (1);
4: Divine Power (1), Poison (1);

Eisen_Hammer
2012-10-26, 04:36 PM
"As I said there is no way for you to help her. She must get through this on her own, she knew what she was getting herself into but she continued on her own. So if she lives she is worthy if she dies she is not."

The old man starts to eat like a savage.

cgrela
2012-10-26, 05:02 PM
Sumaiel

In a hoarse whisper What? Why is he here? Oh, very well, let us see if we can make the best of this.

Turning to Erlking. "Ahaha, I apologize, Master Erlking, but I grow weary of this game. You have grown even more fearsome in appearance since we last saw you in Court. What was that, two seasons ago, I believe. Yes, we do seek Bob, and we are to help our dark and beloved queen."

blazinghand
2012-10-26, 07:09 PM
Eyes widening, Josep says, "No... No! The conspirators shall not win!"

He turns and heads back the way he came, where he last saw Seshra, and draws on the power of his curse. He will not let another ally die, not if he can help it. His demonic powers reach into the divide between worlds to create what he needs in his time of need.

Turn 1: Shadow Conjuration: Phantom Steed, then mount the steed.
Turn 2: Haste (on self, Portize, and the Steed). Shout at Portize to find Sendra, then spur the mount, and head where she was last seen.

Search madly-- follow tracks, or failing that, stay in contact with Portize and shout her name, galloping in the direction she was last seen.

Anecronwashere
2012-10-26, 08:29 PM
Pelak is frozen at the Druid's words.
"G-G-Guards. The people that attacked us weren't bandits they were simply Guards."

Eisen_Hammer
2012-10-26, 08:42 PM
"She is safe. But her victory is not as whole as she wanted. But safe she is."

Medic you may post once again here.

blazinghand
2012-10-26, 08:56 PM
Josep wanders in the woods, shouting maniacally and spurring his horse.

Medic!
2012-10-26, 10:37 PM
Seshra

(If I'm way off base or out of order here, lemme know and I'll change the post)

What in the Nine Hells... Seshra comes to a dead stop in the woods, seeing...Josep? On a horse? She shouts at him, waving her arms in the air.

Once she has his attention she bends over double, huffing and blowing, catching her breath from the run.

blazinghand
2012-10-27, 01:07 AM
(same here)

Josep rides close offers Seshra a hand up onto the mount. "It would seem we have both bested the conspirators. Shall we head back to the others?"

Medic!
2012-10-27, 02:06 AM
Seshra

Seshra stands up straight, blowing a stray lock of hair from her face. Good ol' Josep...sometimes I forget that he's prone to being mad as chicken in a river...good to see him now though!

"No rush. I want you to look at something first. I've never been any good with magic, but I've got a suit of armor I lifted off of Fat Bob's walls." She retrieves the armor from her pack and hands it up to Josep as she stretches her sore calves and finishes catching her breath.

EDIT: "There's a welcome face," she takes his hand and hops up into the saddle, "Seems we're already deep into Court politics. I'll explain when we get back to the others." She still has that prickling up her back, like she's waiting to take a blast of magic or a crossbow bolt to the kidney with nothing to be done about it.

Eisen_Hammer
2012-10-27, 02:14 AM
The armor is +1 leather made out of some type of humanoid hide.

blazinghand
2012-10-28, 09:53 PM
Josep, Seshra, and Portize return to the main group, riding the Phantom Steed. Portize asks it to await them outside the cabin-- and in utter silence, it blinks its black, endlessly deep eyes as its dark main smokily whisps in the wind. Josep's mania is more in check now, surrounded by familiar figures, and Portize gently guides him, whispering Infernal in his ear.

Illithilich
2012-10-28, 10:14 PM
After seconds of akward silence, Baldred finally says, "Nice horse."

Medic!
2012-10-28, 10:58 PM
Seshra

Seshra hops nimbly off the horse and walks inside. She drops her pack next to an empty seat and flops down. "No, no, please don't get up. I've only been gone for HOURS!" She plucks a fistfull of grapes from the table and pops them in her mouth one at a time. "I mean...it's not like...I was out...scouting...our...enemy..." she swallows the last grape, "or running from a bastard enchanter for my life or anything."

She looks at Pelak, "And boy did I gather some information..." her face twists into a wicked sneer. "Those "bandits" that attacked us? They're all guardman...and what's more, this Bob is holding their families lives hostage unless they do his bidding. All in a camp not far from here. Some sloppy guards on watch, a single barracks, and Fat Bob's fancy cabin itself."

Seshra reaches into her back-pack, pulling out the leather armor she took, and an armful of various papers, flopping them onto the table. "I managed to grab a few things to look over later...after Menrod and I gutted the son of a sow. Twice. Appearantly being the lover of the Lady of Summer carries some benefits when it comes to self-preservation for good ol' Bob. The remaining guards are busy hiding both of the fake bodies he left behind."

Seshra smiles, lays back in her chair, and gives every indication that she is expecting a vast array of applause, as though she'd just performed a double back-flip and caught a flaming dagger in her teeth as opposed to dumping crumpled papers and a greusome piece of armor on the dinner table in a stranger's home.

"Who's your friend?" she gestures towards the druid.

Anecronwashere
2012-10-29, 01:43 AM
Pelak winces with every mention of the word guard, his face completely stony apart from it.
"I...Appear to have made a mistake due to my overzealous attitude. Still, they were bad guards if they would lower themselves to banditry, hardly worthy of the armour. But still they wore it... I must think on this. Please tell me you did not slaughter any More of my brethren during your escapades?"

Medic!
2012-10-29, 01:49 AM
Seshra

"On the contrary, they helped me a bit without even asking. They did ask after one of their number who attack us though. Appearantly Jim's wife is slated to be the next under Fat Bob's knife if he shouldn't return from ambushing us."

Let him chew on that and see how he likes it...ignore me? Hmph...

Anecronwashere
2012-10-29, 01:53 AM
Pelak simply shrugs "Only a civilian." He mutters

blazinghand
2012-10-29, 03:08 AM
Josep grimaces. "There's no way you could have known at the time. You did what was, in your opinion, necessary-- you said so yourself. All of them we killed we did so because they attacked us, save the last one. At the time, yes, I wanted to question him before putting him to death... but the price for attacking me is death. And, whatever their origins were, they became bandits when they attacked us.

If you wish to be more prudent in the future, that is fine. But remember we were not talking to men flying the color of the guards, these were bandits that the all-knowing conspirators employed, by whatever means they had... because they can see everything... they can see your soul, like the stars in the sky, flying high above us. That's how they SEE. And when they do, that's where they come from... how do the fey know? The letter is a sign of fey magic, like the changing of the seasons the constellations move and the bandits come..."

Josep begins muttering incomprehensibly to himself again.

Anecronwashere
2012-10-29, 03:25 AM
"I'm fairly sure there was some sense in there... I shall take your advice however. You are right, their current occupation of banditry supersedes that of their guard training."
Pelak sits straighter, mind easing from the knowledge.
"Fat Bob must die however for manipulating fine upstanding Guards into the lowest form of criminal."

Chimaera
2012-10-29, 04:01 PM
"We'll get to Fat Bob and capture him, then we'll judge him and punish him accordingly. So, I would like to ask you, Pelak, when wee get Fat Bob, kill him after the questions. I hope you won't want to make more mistakes next time", he stares at Pelak, "We have to get information of our enemies, not just kill everything on sight. Anyway...", he pauses for a while, "...I'm relieved that you're safe and sound, girl. But we should work more organized, like a team. That way we won't be facing more situations like this". he finnaly add to Seshra.

"I'm a cleric of Hextor and have a spell that would help we get communicate and have a status over the rest of the group <explain the spell that make the pact> and if anyone is willing to make the pact I can ask for the power to make the pact tomorrow. This way we could talk and keep everyone aware of whatever ambush someone fall in. Of course, it's your call to make it or not".

"So... What we gonna do now? What informations you brought us, girl?"

(OOC: can Jamal cast a Speak with Dead in the armor? If so, he'll memorize it tomorrow)

Eisen_Hammer
2012-10-29, 04:51 PM
On the armor? I don't see why not. It would not remember anything since it has been dead.

Medic!
2012-10-29, 05:03 PM
Seshra

"Would you believe I have no idea? When I was scouting his cabin, Bob was at his desk, very intent on something he was writing...so I just grabbed everything readily available from his desk before I" fled in fear "decided it was time to return here."

She plucks one of the documents from the table and hides her face behind it while she begins half-heartedly reading to herself.

Eisen_Hammer
2012-10-29, 05:36 PM
It is in no language you can read.

Chimaera
2012-10-29, 05:49 PM
"Hmmm... I think I'll ask Hextor to lend me his power to decypher this manuscript tomorrow... Can you read it?", Jamal gently asks to the old druid.

Eisen_Hammer
2012-10-29, 06:37 PM
The druid is still eating ferociously. "I can but I won't."

Anecronwashere
2012-10-29, 06:40 PM
"Sure, sure, capture, interrogate, judge Then kill. He isn't a direct bandit so his slaughter can be withheld."

Chimaera
2012-10-30, 05:39 AM
"Can any of the feys here read it? If not I'll prepare Tongues tomorrow and decypher it".

Illithilich
2012-10-30, 03:45 PM
"Here, let me see it."

blazinghand
2012-10-30, 04:08 PM
Josep eyes the writing nervously and mutters to himself quietly.

Eisen_Hammer
2012-11-05, 08:16 PM
Correct me if I am wrong but I think tongues only lets you speak languages.

"Nope, it is an ancient language. Well you all have fun now I am going to go and attend to my servants now."

Medic!
2012-11-05, 11:02 PM
Seshra

Seshra crams a quick fistful of food in her mouth as she rises from the table. "We've got our own business to see to as well. I can't make heads or tails of this crap!" She angrily throws the paper she was looking at onto the table.

Seshra walks outside and squats down in a wide swath of dirt and begins drawing a map of the route she took to Fat Bob's camp and of the camp itself as best she remembers it. She calls to her companions, "Pay attention, barbarians, this is Fat Bob's camp...here you see the barracks for the guards," she gives the last word a heavy emphasis, "and here is Fat Bob's cabin..." She proceeds to point out any relevant facts she'd gleamed from her doomed solo career to anyone who cares to listen.

PowerGamer
2012-11-06, 05:33 AM
Having finished eating. Richard joined Seshra and listened as she drew a map

Chimaera
2012-11-06, 05:35 AM
Jamal will take the note and keep it for further investigation.
"Let's waste no more time then, let's go find Fat Bob and kill him... again. I need some answers and the fact that he is related to fey only means the summer queen know about us or something. Let's hurry", then looking for the druid, "Thank you for you hospitality and food. Farewell".

(I vote to go kick some fat as$!)
(If Seshra is damaged, Jamal can use cure minor, serious wounds at you, so justlet me know. He'll also try to convert anyone who ask him for healing in the future, saying that someof his spells works only on believers)

Daily Spells:
0: Cure Minor Wounds (4), Detect Magic (1), Light (1);
1: Inflit Light Wounds (1), Blades of Blood (2), Faith Healing (2), Divine Favor (1), Shield of Faith (1);
2: Espiritual Weapon (1), Inflict Moderate Wounds (1), Close Wounds (1), Divine Protection (1), Wave of Grief (1);
3: Magic Circle aggaisnt Chaos (1), Cure Serious Wounds (1), Unholy Storm (1), Mass Conviction (1), Mass Resist Energy (1);
4: Divine Power (1), Poison (1);

blazinghand
2012-11-06, 05:37 AM
Josep nods. "Action would seem the appropriate choice here. I too will go."

Illithilich
2012-11-08, 06:33 AM
"Well, what are we waiting for? Lets go kill some bandits."

Chimaera
2012-11-12, 06:09 AM
Jamal looks around and after seeing everyone lazy after all the feast he stand up and talk:

"I know I'm no leader here nor anything, but let's go and get some answers.
The fat Bob will have to answer for its crimes and, since the guards failed to defeat him and become his slave, it's our duty to do it. Also, he can offer up some information regarding the fey of summer. If you don't want to go, fine but I won't stay here and way".

And after saying it, Jamal look at Richard and the rest, get his heavy flail and go out.

blazinghand
2012-11-12, 06:26 AM
Josep nods, half to himself, and half to Portize. "I see no duty but plenty of opportunity. The more of us come at him at once, the better a chance we have, no?"

He rises and follows Jamal out. He mounts his Phantom Steed.

"It might even be fun."

Medic!
2012-11-12, 12:48 PM
Seshra

Seshra stands up from the map she drew in the dirt and ducks back inside for a moment, collecting the loot she worked so hard for. Duty? Opportunity? Don't they realize that what we're really doing is... "Let's go get our necks out of the noose."


If nobody objects, Seshra begins to stealthily make her way back to the camp with her companions in tow.

[roll0] [roll1]

Eisen_Hammer
2012-11-12, 03:04 PM
You start your long trek towards Fat Bob's camp, Seshra knows you are close now.

Chimaera
2012-11-12, 07:12 PM
"Ok, let's get some preparations now since we're close to the camp now", Jamal stops and reunite everybody close to him and begin prayer silently, "lend us your power Hextor for we shall strike the fat man now, amen!".

Jamal will cast some long duration buffs on the group:
Magic Circle vs. Chaos (centered on Jamal) - duration: 80 mins;
Mass Conviction on the whole party (+3 morale bonus on all saves) - duration 70 mins;
Mass Resist [Element] (elemental resistance 20 to one element (any suggestion of which element?) - duration 70 min;

Spells:
0: Cure Minor Wounds (4), Detect Magic (1), Light (1);
1: Inflit Light Wounds (1), Blades of Blood (2), Faith Healing (2), Divine Favor (1), Shield of Faith (1);
2: Espiritual Weapon (1), Inflict Moderate Wounds (1), Close Wounds (1), Divine Protection (1), Wave of Grief (1);
3: Cure Serious Wounds (1), Unholy Storm (1);
4: Divine Power (1), Poison (1);

Medic!
2012-11-16, 02:41 PM
Seshra

As Jamal begins laying down fortifying spells, Seshra turns her button-nose up and smirks a bit. I won't deny priests have their uses...but do they have to preach all the time? SHEESH! Once the priest is finished, she begins stalking through the woods as quietly as she can to see if any changes have been made to the camp. "Back in a jiff, Sugar-britches," she gives the cleric a playful pat on the rump, "Don't you go runnin' off without me!"

[roll0] [roll1]


Also no idea on energy type for Resist Energy...the most I know about Fat Bob is that he's an enchanter-type. Fire's always nice I suppose, as a default.

Medic!
2012-11-16, 02:50 PM
Seshra

**Back to more as it develops**


[roll0] +3, forgot the buffs!

blazinghand
2012-11-16, 03:29 PM
"That's great, Jamal. We'll need all the blessings we can get."

Josep pauses as the others cast their buffs and casts Mage Armour on his Phantom Steed and then on himself. "Be careful out there, Seshra," he says, "The enemy is everywhere."

Chimaera
2012-11-16, 09:22 PM
Jamal will wait with the others for the return of Seshra.
(OOC: I think I won't cast the resist elements spell then and wait for use it if somone throw a elemental attack aggainst the group)

PowerGamer
2012-11-16, 11:12 PM
Richard waits impatiently, stand slightly ahead of Jamal. His throwing axe in one hand and his trusty shield in the other.

Medic!
2012-11-19, 05:34 PM
Seshra
Seshra continues her quick scouting sortie, eyes sharp, blood pounding in her ears, alert for danger and mindful of changes since her last visit.
[roll0] [roll1]