PDA

View Full Version : the S.S.S. V.A.S.C.U NWoD crossover



the_common_man
2012-10-14, 07:57 PM
and here's the in game thread

the_common_man
2012-10-14, 11:05 PM
you both find your self in the directors office, the first thing you notice about it is the smell it hits you like a punch: tobacco, coffee, sweat and just the general sent of stress. the second thing you notice is the desk, whats on it and the man sitting behind it. The desk - like everything else in room - is very minimalist and cheap, it's pilled high with documents and there's a ashtray overflowing with butts and finally there's the man himself: he's older but his exact age is indeterminate, he's got five o' clock shadow and he's typing with one hand and filling out a report with his other hand. It takes him a second to even acknowledge your presence , he shakes his head and looks at you two surprised "Lovegood? Stayer? what are you doing in my office?" before you can answer he leans to look out the door "Stiller what'd I say about letting people into my office when i'm trancing!" he shouts "you asked to see them sir." Stiller calls back in a board tone of voice. the Director blinks "I did? Oh **** I did!" he mumbles something to himself and goes through his paper pile pulling out a few select sheets. After a few seconds he looks up and stands up gesturing to the two chairs in front of him "sit, sit you ladies want any coffee? actually scratch that i put way to many drugs in there." After pouring him self a cup he sits down "Do you know why your here?" he ask assuming a professional posture.
what do you do?

NotScaryBats
2012-10-15, 12:12 AM
"I assume it is in regards to my report? I've nearly finished it, sir," Agent Lovegood replies. She vaguely indicates her armful of papers.

horus42
2012-10-15, 10:19 AM
Agent Stayer shrugs. "All I know is that I was told to see you, sir. I wasn't given a reason."

the_common_man
2012-10-15, 02:51 PM
"I assume it is in regards to my report? I've nearly finished it, sir," Agent Lovegood replies. She vaguely indicates her armful of papers.
The Director shakes his "head I don't usually deal with the unsubs unless they're headed to Lansing." He states

Agent Stayer shrugs. "All I know is that I was told to see you, sir. I wasn't given a reason."

The Director gets up and looks out his widow over looking the street bellow, he takes a sip of his heavily laced coffee and winces. " You both worked closely with Maritn Vantas. So you know that he was one of the best agents we have... had." The Director sighs "His passing is not only tragic, but marks the loss of one of our most successful initiative and a opportunity for advancement." He turns and fixs you both with a steady stare "agents, I am unwilling to lose the the S.S.S. project and as such you are to be transferred into the handler roles effective immediately." He takes another sip of coffee he doesn't wince this time "now any questions?"

NotScaryBats
2012-10-15, 04:07 PM
The first thing to come to Agent Lovegood's mind is, "I can have the paperwork on your desk by tomorrow morning." There are a lot of forms to fill out when getting a promotion...

"Sir, has a new team been formed yet, or will that be up to Agent Stayer and I?" she adds, having heard the entire task force had been MIA.

the_common_man
2012-10-15, 04:25 PM
The first thing to come to Agent Lovegood's mind is, "I can have the paperwork on your desk by tomorrow morning." There are a lot of forms to fill out when getting a promotion...

"Sir, has a new team been formed yet, or will that be up to Agent Stayer and I?" she adds, having heard the entire task force had been MIA.

The Director chuckles with good humor "I've taken care of what I could, you can pick up the forms needing you signature on your way out from Stiller, assuming he hasn't lost them the dunder head." He mutters the last part into his mug. "As to the matter of your team that's already been taken care of, you'll meet your team tonight affter you get settled into your new office." He glances at Stayer, "you got anything to say on the situation Stayer?"

horus42
2012-10-15, 06:04 PM
She shook her head, keeping her demeanor professional in front of the director. "No, sir. I'll clean out my cubicle and move into the new office as soon as I finish my paperwork."

NotScaryBats
2012-10-15, 09:27 PM
"Mister Stiller will have the dossiers on our new team,sir?" Agent Lovegood continues seriously. She adjusts her thin framed black glasses and looks from the director to her new partner. Agent Stayer has always been a reliable woman, and Jeanne feels confident that she can count on her.

Martin had shown her some tricks, but he always had a way with the 'circus' that Jeanne envied. Time would tell if she could ever learn to emulate him.

the_common_man
2012-10-16, 12:31 AM
She shook her head, keeping her demeanor professional in front of the director. "No, sir. I'll clean out my cubicle and move into the new office as soon as I finish my paperwork."
The Director nods his head "good to hear Stayer"

"Mister Stiller will have the dossiers on our new team,sir?" Agent Lovegood continues seriously. She adjusts her thin framed black glasses and looks from the director to her new partner. Agent Stayer has always been a reliable woman, and Jeanne feels confident that she can count on her.

Martin had shown her some tricks, but he always had a way with the 'circus' that Jeanne envied. Time would tell if she could ever learn to emulate him.

"Yes you can collect them when you leave along with your forms" (OOG: just check the back stories for the dossiers) after answering your question he hands you both what looks like a small I phone "This is one of the most sophisticated prices of tracking tech on the planet it was co-designed by Martian Vantas and a rather brilliant freind of his" allowing himself a small smirk the Director continues "once activated you'll see 6 pictures with names underneath them these are the mug shots of your charges. Upon clicking one of the pictures you will be given a few options including: tracking, neutralize and ability block, these options will be limited or expanded upon depending on what the boys in the lab can come up with." He explains this with a mildy board tone, he usually has people to do this for him but this is important.
Sensing your worry -being that powerful of a psychic makes you very intune with just about everything- the Director explains in a soft voice "it's no secret that Martian had an unparalleled relationship with the various 'extra normal' communities something that gave us allot of good intel but something he kept very close to the chest. His abilities to bridge gaps in communication continue to be unrivalled by this or any other agency." You can tell that last part left a bad tast in his mouth but he carries on "and while I can't give you his connections or his ability to form bridges I can tell you that Martian planed for this and that he took steps to ensure that his bridges wouldn't be burned after he left this freak show. Martian was preparing you for this for years whether you know it or not and while he didn't mean for it to happen like this, God knows none of us did, I have every confidence in your abilities." Shaking off the serious demeanour he waves you out of his office "now get out of here, this mountain of paper work isn't going to do it's self unfortunately." Just as your about to get up and go the Director offers you one last piece of advise "oh and I know most of our cases come from cops to weirded out by what they've seen to deal with the case... lets just don't be to freaked if you get a visitor or two in the dead of night, just another parting gift from Martian." The Director snorts.

NotScaryBats
2012-10-16, 02:54 AM
"Yes, sir," Agent Lovegood says crisply. "And do we have a mision?"

the_common_man
2012-10-16, 11:26 AM
"Yes, sir," Agent Lovegood says crisply. "And do we have a mision?"

The Director looks up from his desk and shakes his head "Nothing right now but I wouldn't count on things to stay quite, if you want my advise take this opportunity to settle in." As you leave the Director's office Stiller waves you over, he takes out a few stacks of paper and some folders. Stiller pats the stack of folders "these are the dossiers of your agents." He then idicates to the other stack of paper "these are the forms necessary forms for you to sign in order to assume control of the S.S.S." he then idicates where you need to sign (signature here intiale here etc etc) he then gives you a rig of keys, the name and number of the local chief of police and the address of your headquarters.

NotScaryBats
2012-10-16, 12:16 PM
"I'll have my partner from the last case finish up the paperwork. Would you like to go to the new headquarters with me? The sooner we're settled in the better, I think." Lovegood asks her new partner.

If all is well, she will drive to the new headquarters. She is a very good driver.

horus42
2012-10-16, 12:18 PM
The Director looks up from his desk and shakes his head "Nothing right now but I wouldn't count on things to stay quite, if you want my advise take this opportunity to settle in." As you leave the Director's office Stiller waves you over, he takes out a few stacks of paper and some folders. Stiller pats the stack of folders "these are the dossiers of your agents." He then idicates to the other stack of paper "these are the forms necessary forms for you to sign in order to assume control of the S.S.S." he then idicates where you need to sign (signature here intiale here etc etc) he then gives you a rig of keys, the name and number of the local chief of police and the address of your headquarters.

Agent Stayer signs the paperwork, with reluctance. Sure, she liked and respected Agent Vantas, and thought his death was tragic, but she didn't want his job. She didn't want to hold the leash of all those monsters. In fact, given her way, she would put a bullet in all their heads and simply walk away. But people needed her. Her country needed her, and if having her own personal squad of freaks and lunatics managed to save innocent lives, she would do it.

She turned to Agent Lovegood and smiled. "That sounds like a good idea."

the_common_man
2012-10-16, 05:00 PM
As you drive away from the office, away from the office buildings and lights, off the main high ways down under populated side roads until you get to a small industrial district named "Haven". You drive to the address you were given, 114 Columbia lane. Upon the arrival of your black suv some of the kids hanging around the area scatter, the raccoon chewing on some garbage doesn't seem as easily frightened.
Upon getting out you see your head quarters looks like a large warehouse: four strong walls, barred double doors and a loading dock the back. Upon entering you see you see a stair way leading up and a hall way leading further in.

horus42
2012-10-16, 05:12 PM
Agent Stayer takes a quick look around the room. She looks to Agent Lovegood and says, "Do you want to take a look around together?"

NotScaryBats
2012-10-16, 05:38 PM
Agent Lovegood pats her Baretta to make sure it's still there, and nods to her partner. "Better to confirm the place hasn't been compromised before we get too comfortable."

After a cursory sweep of the main floor, Jeanne Lovegood will try to find the basement. If she knew Martian, he would have kept the good stuff down there.

horus42
2012-10-16, 08:53 PM
Agent Stayer nods and says, "I'll check upstairs." before heading over to the stairs and starting to walk up.

the_common_man
2012-10-16, 11:44 PM
Agent Lovegood pats her Baretta to make sure it's still there, and nods to her partner. "Better to confirm the place hasn't been compromised before we get too comfortable."

After a cursory sweep of the main floor, Jeanne Lovegood will try to find the basement. If she knew Martian, he would have kept the good stuff down there.

you step through door to the main floor you see 6 desk lined up each has a name on it you recognize them as the names of your charges each has a computer but nothing else really sticks out. Yo see to your left what looks to be a rec room and in front of you there's another set of double doors and on the other side of the room there's a door that says keep out clearly printed on it.


Agent Stayer nods and says, "I'll check upstairs." before heading over to the stairs and starting to walk up.

as you head up the stairs you get to a heavy door without windows as you cautiously open the door you find multiple locks on the other side of the door.
When you enter the room you find a small lobby with a few chairs and a desk, they don't look like they've been used in awhile, there is also a window overlooking the street bellow. Behind the desk there is a door with your and Lovegood's names on it.
If you choose to enter the door you see two desk facing each other both with computers (nicer then your old one for sure) there's also a window over looking the main floor and you can see Lovegood sweeping the main floor. The two most interesting features of the room though are the wall of screens monitoring the different parts of the warehouse and a large steel cabinet. When you get around to checking out your desk you see there's a note for you.

NotScaryBats
2012-10-17, 01:25 AM
"Keep out? Unlikely," Agent Lovegood thinks to herself. Since this was now her domain, she would make sure to check it out thoroughly.

the_common_man
2012-10-17, 08:40 AM
"Keep out? Unlikely," Agent Lovegood thinks to herself. Since this was now her domain, she would make sure to check it out thoroughly.

As you reach the door and attempt to open the door, it resist and on the second time you try to open it you realized the door is locked. You do remember that Mr. Stiller gave you a set of keys if you have them you may proceed if not go find them.

NotScaryBats
2012-10-17, 12:22 PM
The Agent unlocks the door with her keys, and cautiously enters the room.

the_common_man
2012-10-17, 02:15 PM
The Agent unlocks the door with her keys, and cautiously enters the room.

As you Cautiously open the door you see a staircase heading down, the stairs are shrouded in darkeness you note a light switch when you hit it the light doesn't turn on, if you choose to proceed down the stairs you feel like it takes longer then it should and the further you go down the more a smell grows until it hits you; molldy paper. Once you get down to ground level, assuming you have proper illumination, you see rows of boxes in various states of moldy decay.

horus42
2012-10-17, 03:22 PM
you step through door to the main floor you see 6 desk lined up each has a name on it you recognize them as the names of your charges each has a computer but nothing else really sticks out. Yo see to your left what looks to be a rec room and in front of you there's another set of double doors and on the other side of the room there's a door that says keep out clearly printed on it.



as you head up the stairs you get to a heavy door without windows as you cautiously open the door you find multiple locks on the other side of the door.
When you enter the room you find a small lobby with a few chairs and a desk, they don't look like they've been used in awhile, there is also a window overlooking the street bellow. Behind the desk there is a door with your and Lovegood's names on it.
If you choose to enter the door you see two desk facing each other both with computers (nicer then your old one for sure) there's also a window over looking the main floor and you can see Lovegood sweeping the main floor. The two most interesting features of the room though are the wall of screens monitoring the different parts of the warehouse and a large steel cabinet. When you get around to checking out your desk you see there's a note for you.

She picks up the note and reads it.

the_common_man
2012-10-18, 11:15 PM
She picks up the note and reads it.

Its from the cleaning lady, weirdly enough she gose through the basic stuff saying that she was sorry to hear of Martians passing but that she'll stay on to continue to help you.
She continues to go through a bunch of boaring stuff about the place: how front door only if jigle it, how the how the show works, not to put any vampires in the last room to the left because it has a window, you know basic stuff.
At the very end though she mentions that there is a "deadly mechanical librarian in the basement" that the agents brought back affter one mission to guard the records and that it will "attempt to viciously eviscerate any one not wearing a particular kind of paper you'll find it on the desk. Looking forward to meeting you Mrs. Clean" you just saw agent Lovegood go in the basement... ****

horus42
2012-10-19, 12:06 AM
Its from the cleaning lady, weirdly enough she gose through the basic stuff saying that she was sorry to hear of Martians passing but that she'll stay on to continue to help you.
She continues to go through a bunch of boaring stuff about the place: how front door only if jigle it, how the how the show works, not to put any vampires in the last room to the left because it has a window, you know basic stuff.
At the very end though she mentions that there is a "deadly mechanical librarian in the basement" that the agents brought back affter one mission to guard the records and that it will "attempt to viciously eviscerate any one not wearing a particular kind of paper you'll find it on the desk. Looking forward to meeting you Mrs. Clean" you just saw agent Lovegood go in the basement... ****

"...Son of a bitch." Agent Stayer takes the paper on the desk and runs to the basement as fast as she can.

NotScaryBats
2012-10-19, 02:08 AM
"This isn't as bad as I thought it would be," Agent Lovegood murmurs to herself, shining the light to see what sort of papers would be stockpiled down here to mold.

the_common_man
2012-10-19, 06:19 PM
"...Son of a bitch." Agent Stayer takes the paper on the desk and runs to the basement as fast as she can.
OOG: Ok roll athletics+dex to get there as fast as you can while avoiding triping

"This isn't as bad as I thought it would be," Agent Lovegood murmurs to herself, shining the light to see what sort of papers would be stockpiled down here to mold.
As you go through the boxes you note the ones on the top of the shelf are pretty much damaged beyond repaire as you check the lower boxes which are for the most part only mildly damaged.
If you choose to open up the box you note, with interest, that these are case files. Each of these boxs details the exploits of the original S.S.S., most of the stuff in here is evidence and case reports but at the back, without fail, is a detailed report on the perp.

the_common_man
2012-10-20, 02:40 PM
You try to run as fast as you can but in your haste you to take in full consideration of your surroundings. As you burst out the door you forget that there's only stairs outside and you take something of a tumble and while you don't take any noticeable damage it takes you a few seconds to compose your self. You make your way to the basement door, considerably more careful, as fast as you can. After getting to the basement door you attempt to open the heavy steel only to find that it's locked and you don't have the keys.

horus42
2012-10-20, 10:26 PM
"Dammit..." She starts to knock on the door. "Agent Lovegood! Agent Lovegood! Jeanne!" Dammit, Jeanne, open the door! She thinks. I'm not losing another friend...

NotScaryBats
2012-10-21, 12:11 PM
Assuming she hears this, Agent Lovegood shines the flashlight around one more time, then hurries up the stairs and tries to open the door.

the_common_man
2012-10-21, 02:57 PM
OOG: roll me wits survival and we'll see

NotScaryBats
2012-10-21, 09:25 PM
wits 3
survival 0
[roll0]
subtract that last die if -1 unskilled applies to this roll.

the_common_man
2012-10-22, 12:46 PM
OOG: roll me wits survival and we'll see


wits 3
survival 0
[roll0]
subtract that last die if -1 unskilled applies to this roll.

You hear agent Stayer banging on the up stairs door and you do indeed go up to greet her

NotScaryBats
2012-10-22, 08:22 PM
"What's the commotion, Stayer?" Agent Lovegood says, opening the door.

horus42
2012-10-22, 10:49 PM
Agent Stayer thrusts the note and the paper into Agent Lovegood's hands.

"Just saving your life." She says, breathing heavily. "There's some sort of killer robot in the basement."

NotScaryBats
2012-10-23, 02:26 AM
Agent Lovegood quietly steps out of the doorway and closes the door behind herself.

"Old, moldy case files. We might want to consult those eventually. Thanks for the warning - I'll be more careful in the future." The agent speaks quickly and looks at the note instead of her new partner.

the_common_man
2012-10-23, 02:41 PM
Agent Lovegood quietly steps out of the doorway and closes the door behind herself.

"Old, moldy case files. We might want to consult those eventually. Thanks for the warning - I'll be more careful in the future." The agent speaks quickly and looks at the note instead of her new partner.

You don't remember seeing anything

horus42
2012-10-23, 11:43 PM
Agent Lovegood quietly steps out of the doorway and closes the door behind herself.

"Old, moldy case files. We might want to consult those eventually. Thanks for the warning - I'll be more careful in the future." The agent speaks quickly and looks at the note instead of her new partner.

Agent Stayer nods. "I'm just glad I got to you in time. I don't know what I would've done if I'd been too late."

NotScaryBats
2012-10-24, 12:16 AM
"It didn't jump out at me or anything -- maybe it was turned off?" Agent Lovegood wonders aloud, having seen no machine down there. She brushes her hands off and shrugs. "Well, what now?"

horus42
2012-10-24, 12:18 AM
"It didn't jump out at me or anything -- maybe it was turned off?" Agent Lovegood wonders aloud, having seen no machine down there. She brushes her hands off and shrugs. "Well, what now?"

Agent Stayer shrugs. "I suppose it's time we try to find the freaks."

NotScaryBats
2012-10-24, 01:09 PM
Removing her tracking device from her pocket, Agent Lovegood checks on the status of the 'freaks' -- are they still incarcerated? She plays around with the device, attempting to get the hang of it before she has to use it.

Int+Computers if you want it: [roll0] Int 2 and Comp 1

the_common_man
2012-10-24, 02:35 PM
Removing her tracking device from her pocket, Agent Lovegood checks on the status of the 'freaks' -- are they still incarcerated? She plays around with the device, attempting to get the hang of it before she has to use it.

Int+Computers if you want it: [roll0] Int 2 and Comp 1

As you tool around with the device you see and application that says "track all" when you click it you see a map of a high way and about 20 minutes away from you current location you see 6 red dots clumped together and heading towards you.
(OG: time to cut to the freaks)
You all steadily wake up from your drug induced comma (at least most of you do hint hint vampire) you all find that you have clamped or in some cases stapled to your body as you wake up you see the two creepy albio twins who put you all under staring evenly at you.

savior indra
2012-10-24, 08:00 PM
"Next time give me a warning when your going to knock me out alright?" grunted Jacob as he shook his head to clear his mind.

GFawkes
2012-10-24, 11:20 PM
John twitches occasionally in his sleep, like a dog would when dreaming of chasing bacon through a field. When he awakens, however, all signs of tranquility vanish. He pops up and scrambles to a wall nearby.

"NO! Not fix. Not more. Flux capacitors and steam engines do not function that way. No. Let me out of here! The click-clack is too much! Slot A into Tab B, you fool! I need a left handed screwdriver for this, not a right footed hammer. Bah! You sound like my mother, always telling me to not eat things." After saying this, he curls into a ball and covers his ears, rocking back and forth and muttering to himself.

Nyt
2012-10-25, 05:05 PM
Daes regains consciousness with decidedly more control than the changeling. His grey eyes open cautiously, as if to measure the amount of light in the van. He scans the van for his familiar, who is nowhere to be found. Taking stock of his fellow prisoners, he looks at each, gauging there potential threat as much as he can at a glance.

He ignore's the Changelings outburst, as much as is possible, instead turning to the other captive had just spoken.

Good Day, he says with a grin, I'm Daes. Whom do I have the pleasure of addressing?

Kallisti
2012-10-25, 06:05 PM
As subtly as she can, Mrs. Lovett scans the room, taking in her motley company. After glancing around the van, she fixes her gaze on the twins, waiting to see if they address the group.

savior indra
2012-10-25, 06:13 PM
"Edwards," said Jacob before leaning back in his seat closing his eyes and meditating.

the_common_man
2012-10-25, 06:32 PM
"Next time give me a warning when your going to knock me out alright?" grunted Jacob as he shook his head to clear his mind.
the tinted bluet-proof glass window to the front of the van slides open and agent Mcloud states -without taking his eyes off the road- "if you behave we won't have to. Also battle field medical procedures are best preformed when the subject is under general anesthetic." you are suddenly acutely aware of the cold bump on the back of your neck.

John twitches occasionally in his sleep, like a dog would when dreaming of chasing bacon through a field. When he awakens, however, all signs of tranquility vanish. He pops up and scrambles to a wall nearby.
"NO! Not fix. Not more. Flux capacitors and steam engines do not function that way. No. Let me out of here! The click-clack is too much! Slot A into Tab B, you fool! I need a left handed screwdriver for this, not a right footed hammer. Bah! You sound like my mother, always telling me to not eat things." After saying this, he curls into a ball and covers his ears, rocking back and forth and muttering to himself.
Mcloud shakes his head "please remain calm sir we will be at your new home shortly." you feel a oddly heavy... something on you ankle if you check it out you note that it looks like a normal taking device but it's made out of a very dark metal you realize after a second that it's cold iron.

Daes regains consciousness with decidedly more control than the changeling. His grey eyes open cautiously, as if to measure the amount of light in the van. He scans the van for his familiar, who is nowhere to be found. Taking stock of his fellow prisoners, he looks at each, gauging there potential threat as much as he can at a glance.

He ignore's the Changelings outburst, as much as is possible, instead turning to the other captive had just spoken.

Good Day, he says with a grin, I'm Daes. Whom do I have the pleasure of addressing?
Edit: you scan the van around you and see a montly of other seemingly human individuals, you don't see your familiar he's probably lurking in the shadow (or maybe yours its hard to tell sometimes) waiting to be called. You touch the collar they've snapped on you this is probably the tracking device they mentioned.

the_common_man
2012-10-25, 06:41 PM
As subtly as she can, Mrs. Lovett scans the room, taking in her motley company. After glancing around the van, she fixes her gaze on the twins, waiting to see if they address the group.

you look around the room and see the the guy who came out of the body bag attempting to engage the attractive meditating guy with little success. you regard the twins and place them as the Pavlovich twins to very dangerous and silent former members of some black-op arm of the goverment, they don't seem very chatty.

Exthalion
2012-10-25, 10:42 PM
I wonder, Victor is the name I call myself, does that mean it is my true name now? Should I introduce myself as Saturn?...

A man in his twenties, his hand bearing sever burn scars, appeared to have not awakened. His breathing was slow and steady, his eyes did not move behind his lids, and he didn't stir in response to anyone's outbursts.

Without moving he carefully analyzed the devices each of them bore within or upon them, the van as well for what it was worth, familiarizing himself with the methods which had been thought sufficient.

It seems I have been singled out for special treatment. I don't know if that is suppose to be flattering, insulting, or disheartening.

GFawkes
2012-10-25, 11:27 PM
John slowly stops muttering and uncovers his ears. One hand plants its thumb firmly in his mouth as he continues to rock back and forth. Anyone looking at him more than casually can see that he is very shaken about something.

Kallisti
2012-10-25, 11:50 PM
Given that the government people seem to be quite occupied with their looming and staring, Mrs. Lovett makes up her mind; slowly, keeping her hands clearly visible, she approaches John.

"Hush, hush, hush; it's all right."

the_common_man
2012-10-26, 12:16 AM
I wonder, Victor is the name I call myself, does that mean it is my true name now? Should I introduce myself as Saturn?...

A man in his twenties, his hand bearing sever burn scars, appeared to have not awakened. His breathing was slow and steady, his eyes did not move behind his lids, and he didn't stir in response to anyone's outbursts.

Without moving he carefully analyzed the devices each of them bore within or upon them, the van as well for what it was worth, familiarizing himself with the methods which had been thought sufficient.

It seems I have been singled out for special treatment. I don't know if that is suppose to be flattering, insulting, or disheartening.

There are 6 of you, not counting the creepy twins staring you down, all of the differnt convicts seem to be in various states of waking up. You note that three of you have collars you and the grey eyed gentalman have similar collars but the women also has a collar although it looks differnt from yours, theirs an atractive younger man in the corner meditating and finally there's the poor guy who seems to have lost it and he has a tracking device clamped to his ankle.

Aux-Ash
2012-10-26, 12:07 PM
The world spins. Androgenous characters in business suits. Your execution. Sterile hallways. ...Contact... with the sun.... Thrown out on a featureless roof. The wispy, indistinct door slams shut. Marcus rushes forward, clawing at it to get in. He knows, knows, that there... behind him... the black sky is about to turn red. He scratches deep marks in the door, ripping his nails of in the process as he impotently, every fiber of his being screaming in fury and fear. Like the last few times, Marcus isn't sure how often this dream has repeated itself anymore, the door remains shut. He turns around...

... and opens his eyes. He lies completely still, staring at the black bodybag that surrounds him. It is night. He hears slightly muffled voices outside and the sounds of the car around him. With a snarling scowl he touches his chest. At some point... someone will pay for this. Very dearly.

Carefully he uses his hands to find the zipper to the bodybag and clumsily unzips it. Opening it up and rises to a sitting position. Scanning his surroundings, taking note of the twins in the businesss suits. Something absolutely inhumans briefly flashes through his eyes. Prey. The beast stirs. He sees a woman walk over to a small man sucking his thumb. Prey. He glances over the other of the strange menagerie. More prey. He suppresses a smirk as he reasserts his control over the beast, but he feels that it is very satisfied that there's no other Predators here.

Marcus sits, not blinking and not breathing. They all saw him rise from out of a body bag. There's no point in faking life. So he sits. And observes.

the_common_man
2012-10-26, 11:17 PM
The world spins. Androgenous characters in business suits. Your execution. Sterile hallways. ...Contact... with the sun.... Thrown out on a featureless roof. The wispy, indistinct door slams shut. Marcus rushes forward, clawing at it to get in. He knows, knows, that there... behind him... the black sky is about to turn red. He scratches deep marks in the door, ripping his nails of in the process as he impotently, every fiber of his being screaming in fury and fear. Like the last few times, Marcus isn't sure how often this dream has repeated itself anymore, the door remains shut. He turns around...

... and opens his eyes. He lies completely still, staring at the black bodybag that surrounds him. It is night. He hears slightly muffled voices outside and the sounds of the car around him. With a snarling scowl he touches his chest. At some point... someone will pay for this. Very dearly.

Carefully he uses his hands to find the zipper to the bodybag and clumsily unzips it. Opening it up and rises to a sitting position. Scanning his surroundings, taking note of the twins in the businesss suits. Something absolutely inhumans briefly flashes through his eyes. Prey. The beast stirs. He sees a woman walk over to a small man sucking his thumb. Prey. He glances over the other of the strange menagerie. More prey. He suppresses a smirk as he reasserts his control over the beast, but he feels that it is very satisfied that there's no other Predators here.

Marcus sits, not blinking and not breathing. They all saw him rise from out of a body bag. There's no point in faking life. So he sits. And observes.

The male twin- the one who stabed you- regardes you for a second he tilts his head and, without changing his expression, taps his heart. The female turns to him a stares for a moment the male nods and they both go back to watching the rest.

GFawkes
2012-10-28, 03:45 PM
John breathes deeply, memories of his drug induced dream slowly fading back into the recesses of his mind. Feeling an arm on his back, he looks over his shoulder and curls up against Mrs. Lovett like a child.

Kallisti
2012-10-28, 04:25 PM
John breathes deeply, memories of his drug induced dream slowly fading back into the recesses of his mind. Feeling an arm on his back, he looks over his shoulder and curls up against Mrs. Lovett like a child.

One arm curled protectively around John, Mrs. Lovett glares at Agent McCloud. "There's no call to mistreat the poor thing, sir."

the_common_man
2012-10-28, 09:40 PM
One arm curled protectively around John, Mrs. Lovett glares at Agent McCloud. "There's no call to mistreat the poor thing, sir."

Mcloud's voice is cold and hard "that thing is a convicted serial killer and is responsible for the deaths of over 30 individuals if it were up to me..." He trails off "But it's not up me." He shakes his head and resumes his normal tone. "We're almost at your new home, when we get there you'll meet your handlers. After that they'll decide in what capacity you're to be utilized."
OOG: I thought that bold might help and anything you guys want to do before you meet the agents

Kallisti
2012-10-28, 09:49 PM
Mcloud's voice is cold and hard "that thing is a convicted serial killer and is responsible for the deaths of over 30 individuals if it were up to me..." He trails off "But it's not up me." He shakes his head and resumes his normal tone. "We're almost at your new home, when we get there you'll meet your handlers soon. After that they'll decide in what capacity you're to be utilized."

"Only thirty? He's hardly a babe! We have slain tens of thousands in our time. I cannot believe you can stand there and pretend like you're some exemplar of justice, picking on a poor wee child like this!"

Mrs. Lovett sniffs with righteous indignation. "And they call us monsters."

OOG: I think we're ready to meet our handlers.

Exthalion
2012-10-29, 12:45 AM
If you happen to be listening... the apparently sleeping man thought to no one in particular, ...most ethical theories indicate that the mentally ill are not responsible for their actions. At least in the way that the sane are.

Which begs the question of ultimately responsibility for all of us now doesn't it. Are we insane because we do things which we would have to be insane to do? That seems circular. The hemophage, assuming the extraordinarily cliche stake indicates such, must feed. To require him to commit suicide by starvation seems like a hollow move on moral grounds.

I don't think that this excuses that or other crimes, only that perhaps a broader understanding must be lent to the situation of monsters where ethics are concerned.

You could also be a bigot, which is not something I am prepared to discount out of hand. Since I am apparently insane myself, I might as well pry on that lever a bit.

Do you ever feel jealous? Not about the crazy or the criminal behavior of course. Although that could be discounted as personal failing and not endemic to the type. I can turn water into wine or walk up it. Does that make me of a kind with the man 2.1 billion worship and 1.7 revere as a prophet? Or would that require me to raise the dead as well? The walking corpse here seems to speak in favor of that being a possibility.

So then, at what point do you have to stop looking at us a freaks?

the_common_man
2012-10-29, 10:49 PM
Mcloud visably tenses at Lovetts words but he doesn't respond.

You all drive in silence for about 15 more minutes until you arrive at a small urban neighbourhood, you drive for a few more minutes befor stoping. Agent Mcloud says something to the effect of 'sit tight' and gets out of the car.

OOG: cut to the agents

You hear a banging on the front door a voice calls "Lovegood, Stayer it's Mcloud, I've got your new... charges."

horus42
2012-10-30, 01:16 PM
Agent Stayer sighs. "Well, speak of the devil..." She goes and answers the door. "Agent McCloud. I wish I was seeing you under different circumstances."

savior indra
2012-10-30, 05:15 PM
At the female agent's voice Jacob's eyes open and he quickly does a second scan of the group of people he is with. Noting anything out of the ordinary before shifting slightly in his seat in order to obscure as much of his face as possible.

the_common_man
2012-10-30, 10:00 PM
Agent Stayer sighs. "Well, speak of the devil..." She goes and answers the door. "Agent McCloud. I wish I was seeing you under different circumstances."

"Likewise." Mcloud grunts looking tiered and exasperated, he gestures behind him to a black service van. "The circus is in the back with the Yusupov twins, and all your freaks come with their own tracking and neutralization devices. You ready to meet your future headaches?"
If you answer to the affirmative Mcloud whistles at the van.

Inside the van the twins get up and move to open the doors making sure not to show their backs to any of you. They open the van doors and the female states in firm but husky tone "no sudden moves".
If all the extra normals decide to get out without issue the twins point to Mcloud and the two women he's talking to.
When Marcus gets out of the car the male lightly taps him on his tracking device. something that might be a smile plays across the twins face but its gone before it can register.

Kallisti
2012-10-30, 11:26 PM
Mrs. Lovett storms out of the van the moment the doors open. "I hope one of you is up to explaining why your bloody operational security is mutually exclusive to some common human decency?"

Her expression of malevolent glee completely fails to match the maternal indignation in her voice.

Exthalion
2012-10-31, 12:04 AM
So, is all of this going to go in some secret file somewhere? What will it tell you exactly? That I am crazy? I have already told you that. Well, I suppose adding to your paperwork is my duty as a captive isn't it. That I punish myself will never be sufficient for either of us will it?

"Presumably because that security works both ways. If they think of us as people they might be tempted to let their guards down. A dangerous prospect considering our mutual body counts."

The man who spoke looked fairly normal, his expression almost board. He was dressed in an all white, button up shirt, light tan slacks, and mostly white golf gloves on both hands.

"I would suggest something in the way of more direct sun protection for the hemophage. It wouldn't do to lose one of your charges the very first day."

So saying Victor rose and and exited. Turning to his jailors he said,

"I don't suppose the nano machines confer any useful benefits to me like immune boosting or biometric monitoring? I would hate to be a testbed for such potentially useful technology without at least providing some useful benefits to the rest of humanity."

GFawkes
2012-10-31, 01:34 AM
When the door opens, John looks out with wide eyes. Moving away from Mrs. Lovett, he crawls on all fours to the entrance, poking his head out and sniffing the air. Seeing the two new agents, he tilts his head at them. "You smell like purple," he says to Agent Lovegood.

Exthalion
2012-10-31, 01:52 AM
What have I gotten myself into...

Well, as long as it stays off my leg and leaves me no surprises it shouldn't be too difficult to deal with.

Interesting though, that anklet seems to be iron. A synthetic fiber would be stronger and less easy to remove. I suppose it must be like the vampire, a specific weakness. Perhaps I shall start carrying around a horseshoe the same way owners of new pets carry spray battles.

NotScaryBats
2012-10-31, 01:41 PM
Agent Lovegood gets up from where she was reading the dossiers for the third time. She stands with her partner, Agent Stayer, as their new team exits the van they arrived on.

She keeps her composure as best she can, mentally noting who is who from the papers she has been reading. She quickly places the man walking on all fours as the mechanical specialist, and speaks to the group.

"I don't believe any of you knew our predecessors, the Original SSS," she begins with a Western Washington accent. Her voice is cool and her pronunciation exact. "I am Agent Lovegood and this is Agent Stayer. We will be your superior officers."
Jeanne does not feel the need to impress upon them any intimidation at this point, hoping the group can interact with civility.

savior indra
2012-10-31, 02:02 PM
Jacob merely dipped his head by the tiniest of noticeable fractions before scanning the two agents trying to decide what their specialties were. It was a good idea to assess potential enemies while he had the chance.

Aux-Ash
2012-10-31, 02:12 PM
Marcus rose from his seated position in the van, stepping out of the body bag and straightening his clothes as he prepared to follow the rest of the crew out of it. Peering over their shoulders at their handlers. When he passed the male Yusopov and feels the tapping on his chest he lowers his gaze to peer at the hand, then lifts his head glaring at the agent.

Inside the beast howled in fury and indignation. Insolence! Every fiber of his being screaming at the outrage of being treated this way by this lesser being. He is a lord, risen from the dead to rule! This lowly mortal would rue this day.

Marcus calmly asserted his control over the monster within, he would play along nicely. There was still plenty of opportunity to turn this minor defeat into a victory. All he needed to do was to evaluate his prospect and get to know these new handlers.

His mouth spread out into a big smile aimed at the agent, briefly baring his fangs as a taunt to him. Then stepping out of the van and joining the others, turning his attention to agent Lovegood. Briefly letting his eyes linger on the brooding man who had expressed concern over his well being.

Interesting.

the_common_man
2012-10-31, 04:43 PM
Jacob merely dipped his head by the tiniest of noticeable fractions before scanning the two agents trying to decide what their specialties were. It was a good idea to assess potential enemies while he had the chance.

What exactly are you doing? If you don't want anyone else to know PM me

horus42
2012-10-31, 09:28 PM
Agent Stayer laughs in Mrs. Lovett's face.

"Well, that's because in order to deserve human decency you need to be, you know... human."

She gazes at the assembled monsters. "Let's make something perfectly clear. You might not be currently incarcerated, but you're still convicts. If any of you put one toe out of line, I won't hesitate to end you."

savior indra
2012-10-31, 09:44 PM
"Then let me make something clear in return. Respect is earned not given. I don't expect any from you until I have earned it, but don't expect any from me. I'll follow your orders as long as they benefit the innocent but the moment I sense even a hint of abuse I won't hesitate to end you." replied Edwards in a passionless voice as his eyes locked with those of Agent Slayter's. He wasn't trying to intimidate or threaten, he was talking as if stating a law of the universe. If such an action happened his response was already preordained.

Nyt
2012-10-31, 09:47 PM
Good evening, agents. Daes says, It is a pleasure to meet the both of you. he moves to the front of the group and offers a hand in greeting. He glares over his right shoulder at something the agents can't see, then turns back to the new handler's with an easy and disarming smile. I am sure that given a nights rest and a few assignments together we will be able prove ourselves worthy efforts both as individuals and as a unit.

For those of you that can see spirits, you will see what appears to be a mass of shadows bound to a human skeleton standing just behind the mage's right shoulder. It mimics his movements exactly, until he glares angrilyat it, at which point it seems to let out a silent cackle and moves over and leans on the van.

Exthalion
2012-10-31, 10:41 PM
"Stick without carrot. An interesting tactic. Tell me, will you feel any regret knocking us out with a phone and then killing us while helpless? In understand that you are taking the opportunity to establish dominance, but I think most of us are here because it suits us to. If we were going to misbehave the psych people wouldn't have recommended us.

Regardless, if we are all done standing in a circle 'pleasing' ourselves with how tough and clever we are, perhaps we could get inside?"

He nodded his head in the direction of the door.

"Oh, and please never use the phrase 'I will end you.' It is might have been edgy at some point, but now it just sounds stupid."

Kallisti
2012-11-01, 12:07 AM
Mrs. Lovett cackles as Victor finishes critiquing the Agent's speech. "Oh, we like this one!"

NotScaryBats
2012-11-01, 02:25 AM
"There is currently no mission, so please come this way," Agent Lovegood attempts to regain control of the situation. She opens the door and motions to the assorted desks, each for a member of the team. "Please have a seat and acquaint yourselves with the workspace."

Kallisti
2012-11-01, 01:26 PM
Mrs. Lovett takes her seat, all the while still watching the agents.

GFawkes
2012-11-01, 02:24 PM
John swings into his seat, planting his feet on the chair and his hands between them, ending in a crouch. If it's a spinning chair, he spends a good minute enjoying that feature. "So what's the scoop, doll? I want that report right here by Friday, see? And none of that funny business, ya hear?" he says in a Hollywood Gangster voice, pretending to hold a cigar.

Exthalion
2012-11-01, 02:58 PM
Victor walked calmly and took his seat. He didn't actually pay the computer much notice though. Instead he folded his legs up into a half lotus position, let his hands rest in his lap and looked expectantly at the agents. If they didn't know he had been receiving signals since coming out into the open he wasn't about to volunteer it. Respect wasn't the only thing that had to be earned.

Nyt
2012-11-01, 05:49 PM
Daes seems to be a mirror of the other mage. He calmly walks to his seat, and watches the agents expectantly without bothering to touch the computer. as he sits down facing the agents, he reclines easily in his seat putting one leg over the other and fixing his steel grey eyes on the new handlers, fingers inter-locked, hands resting in his lap.

As he does this, he scans the room for any supernatural disturbances in the twilight, looking through Nightsong's eyes, who crouches off to his right.

horus42
2012-11-01, 08:55 PM
Agent Stayer rolls her eyes. "I can tell this is going to be fun..." She sighs, and turns to Agent Lovegood. "God, I can't wait until we have a mission..."

Exthalion
2012-11-01, 09:52 PM
"We do not mean to be difficult. The fact we are almost inevitably going to resent you. As our keepers you are the immediate symbol of our less than desirable state. Additionally, the first thing out of your mouth was contempt and insult.

In light of all that, it seems reasonable that you should be somewhat less than our favorite person in the world. Or have social mores changed while we were away such that the slave and master lifestyle became so ubiquitous that your reactions are indicative of genuine affection?"

Nyt
2012-11-01, 10:04 PM
Daes chuckles and shakes his head, realizing his early attempt to salvage the situation were needless. This one could handle the situation much more smoothly than he, at least as far as the handlers were concerned.

He closes his eyes and whispers Inu'Asar and observes the other mage

horus42
2012-11-01, 10:05 PM
"Alright, you can stop with the Hannibal Lector routine. We get it, you're a misunderstood mad genius. I don't have the patience to argue with you. Let's just say that if you all don't hurt anyone innocent, we'll get along as well as we can."

Kallisti
2012-11-01, 10:18 PM
"Innocent people? No such animal."

horus42
2012-11-01, 10:27 PM
"Innocent people? No such animal."

"Despite what you may think, I do tend to believe the best of people."

Kallisti
2012-11-01, 10:35 PM
"Despite what you may think, I do tend to believe the best of people."

"I'm sure you do, lovey. But all the kind belief in the world won't scourge the evil out of men. We hear it in your thoughts: drifting irrythmic, denuded of rhyme or clef, utterly unmusical; sickening, profane--" Der Ohrwurm's voice, having reached its crescendo, cuts off. Mrs. Lovett draws a deep, calming breath.

"Take it from us, dear--everyone's a monster. Some of us are just better at it."

the_common_man
2012-11-01, 10:39 PM
Daes seems to be a mirror of the other mage. He calmly walks to his seat, and watches the agents expectantly without bothering to touch the computer. as he sits down facing the agents, he reclines easily in his seat putting one leg over the other and fixing his steel grey eyes on the new handlers, fingers inter-locked, hands resting in his lap.

As he does this, he scans the room for any supernatural disturbances in the twilight, looking through Nightsong's eyes, who crouches off to his right.

You glance over to the heavy metal door and you see what looks to be a large padlock siting in front of it but if you look closer you see that it's a animate creature, a sprit if that wasn't apparent. The spirt appears to be curled in on it's self: the "tail" forms the bar, it's "mouth" holds the tail, the "head" is indistinguishable form the rest of the body, the "eyes" are placed in a semicircle around the out side of the "lock" starting at the head and ending at the base of the tail, Except for the eye at the bottom of the lock wich is covered by a large flat piece of metal, many strong "arms" hold each other forming the center of the "lock" and two of them are holding the flat price if metal converting the bottom eye.
OOG: phew please tell me you get that?

the_common_man
2012-11-01, 11:01 PM
"I'm sure you do, lovey. But all the kind belief in the world won't scourge the evil out of men. We hear it in your thoughts: drifting irrythmic, denuded of rhyme or clef, utterly unmusical; sickening, profane--" Der Ohrwurm's voice, having reached its crescendo, cuts off. Mrs. Lovett draws a deep, calming breath.

"Take it from us, dear--everyone's a monster. Some of us are just better at it."

You actually find that when your voice gets to musical your collar actually vibrates and throws off your "song"

savior indra
2012-11-01, 11:06 PM
"I don't follow trends in time, I find that they just end up repeating themselves a couple decades or centuries later. Culture is extremely cyclical if you take the long view." said Jacob in a bored tone as he leaned against a wall.

Kallisti
2012-11-01, 11:15 PM
You actually find that when your voice gets to musical your collar actually vibrates and throws off your "song"

(Which is why Der Ohrwurm couldn't finish its rant and had to go back into character as Mrs. Lovett to deliver the last few lines.)

the_common_man
2012-11-01, 11:18 PM
(Which is why Der Ohrwurm couldn't finish its rant and had to go back into character as Mrs. Lovett to deliver the last few lines.)

OOG: good times just checking

Aux-Ash
2012-11-02, 01:29 AM
Marcus walked over to this desk, sat down and took a moment to familiarising with it. Opening the drawers to see what they contained, adjusting the height of the chair so that he sat comfortably and started the computer intending to examine it's programs and try to access the inevitable e-mail function.
It would do, for now.

He largely ignored the banter between the agents and his fellow "monsters". It was plain unneccessary to antagonize their wardens at this point. When the exchange toned down a bit Marcus spoke, aimed at both the agents but not looking up from the organising of his desk.
"When either of you have a minute I have two matters of some importance I would like to discuss."

Exthalion
2012-11-02, 01:38 AM
"We seem to have gotten off on the wrong foot. Agent... Stayer was it?" thought phrased as a question there was nothing uncertain in the tone.

"The problem was that just now, you showed weakness. The sharp response you gave, and after far too little time, indicates that I had hit a nerve either with analysis of you or with sustained dialog.

Quite simply, we are going to need you to be better. Among monsters we are sadly on the benevolent end of the scale. The threats which will require our unique talents to resolve will be both more malicious and possibly better at getting into your head.

Your first mistake was answering Mrs. Lovett's question. Never ever do that. There is an injunction in your own interrogation handbook about this very thing. It gives away something about you and is thus a starting point for finding chinks in your armor."

Kallisti
2012-11-02, 01:49 AM
"Hush, you. You'll undermine my strategy," says Mrs. Lovett with a smirk.

Nyt
2012-11-02, 08:20 AM
OOG: phew please tell me you get that?

OoC: In fact I did thanks. :)

Understanding from his familiar just what the purified fellow is, he leans forward and covertly gets Jacob's attention.

Failing that he whispers. To the spirit at his side and gibes him instructions in the first tongue.Bl Nightsong moves over and says Hello, ressurected one. I am The Widows' Song in the Dark, or Nightsong. It is our will that we might be allies. We would like to know if you are associated. Wig the lock in the corner there. he says, indicating he spirit in the corner.

horus42
2012-11-02, 10:03 AM
Agent Stayer sighed. "Your analysis had nothing to do with it. Simply put, I just don't want to have anything to do with any of you. I've had my fair share of monsters, I don't want to work with them."

She turned her attention away and looked up at Marcus. "I have a moment. What is it?"

the_common_man
2012-11-02, 10:22 AM
Marcus walked over to this desk, sat down and took a moment to familiarising with it. Opening the drawers to see what they contained, adjusting the height of the chair so that he sat comfortably and started the computer intending to examine it's programs and try to access the inevitable e-mail function.
It would do, for now.

He largely ignored the banter between the agents and his fellow "monsters". It was plain unneccessary to antagonize their wardens at this point. When the exchange toned down a bit Marcus spoke, aimed at both the agents but not looking up from the organising of his desk.
"When either of you have a minute I have two matters of some importance I would like to discuss."

Currently there is nothing in your desk except for some basic office supplies (pens, paper clips, some paper etc etc).
You do have accsess to the Internet but its a land line and it isn't the fastest thing in the world. You also have accsess to Microsoft office and what looks to be some basic analyzing softwear.

Aux-Ash
2012-11-03, 01:47 AM
Marcus turns his attention to agent Stayer, leaning his elbows on the desk and pyramiding his fingers in front of his face.

"As your files no doubt inform you, I have certain enviromental and dietary concerns that needs to be addressed before the night is ended. I need a room into which I can keep the sun from getting in. Thick walls, no windows, solid roof, a few thick carpets and the ability to lock from the inside.

My second issue is no doubt the less palpatable. I require a reliable source of fresh blood or permission to handle it myself. I do not need to kill nor will my condition spread from the act, if it calms any concerns you might have."

The pale unliving man peered at the agents, waiting to see their reactions. Not moving a muscle, his eyes fixed on agent Stayer.

Exthalion
2012-11-03, 02:41 PM
"What of that which is in you, hungry and full of wrath? I trust you are honest in your intention, but what of your leash upon it."

While he was a master neither of life nor death, resonance was as clear as water to the eyeless perception of the Saturnian mage. Indeed, he perceived nothing else. There was no sound, there was the resonance of the intention they carried. There was no color, there was the resonance of the feelings they carried and of the energy of their light. There was not even tactile feedback, only the resonance of the interaction.

the_common_man
2012-11-04, 03:00 AM
The agents do know that there have been arrangements made for this... problem there was a vampire on the original S.S.S. and one of the rooms has been fitted for this also there a delivery of rodents on the way.

horus42
2012-11-04, 01:51 PM
Marcus turns his attention to agent Stayer, leaning his elbows on the desk and pyramiding his fingers in front of his face.

"As your files no doubt inform you, I have certain enviromental and dietary concerns that needs to be addressed before the night is ended. I need a room into which I can keep the sun from getting in. Thick walls, no windows, solid roof, a few thick carpets and the ability to lock from the inside.

My second issue is no doubt the less palpatable. I require a reliable source of fresh blood or permission to handle it myself. I do not need to kill nor will my condition spread from the act, if it calms any concerns you might have."

The pale unliving man peered at the agents, waiting to see their reactions. Not moving a muscle, his eyes fixed on agent Stayer.

"Accommodations for you needs have already been taken care of. You have a room to sleep in during the day, and you are under no circumstances to take blood which we don't provide for you."

Aux-Ash
2012-11-04, 02:27 PM
Marcus smiles, keeping the fangs hidden but still keeping his hands clasped before him. Speaking clearly, with the tone of someone conducting a business deal.

"Excellent. I am glad we got this out of our way, I find it is best not to make any assumtions regarding people's familiarity of the subject. As long as my supply is regular I do not believe we have much trouble. If it grows insufficient, I will inform you."

The vampire turned his attention towards "mr. Lecter", the young man who had spoken. Inside the beast growled against some sort of percieved slight. But Marcus kept his smile up, unflinching and in control.

"You are very well informed. Rest assured that barring unfortunate circumstances, you should not have much to fear."

Exthalion
2012-11-04, 05:47 PM
"Simply perceptive."

He nodded slightly.

In the interest of not making assumptions, does anyone have terms which should generally be avoided? Given our various... idiosyncrasies, it would probably be best to avoid pushing each other's buttons.

For example, do you prefer the term vampire or find it offensive? I used hemophage earlier as it seemed to lack any cultural connotations, though if it was overly clinical I apologize.

He turned to look at the agents.

There is also the issue of what we are going to be doing between missions. Are we all to stay in our cells? Stay in the building? What sort of life or lack there of can we expect while we are part of this initiative.

the_common_man
2012-11-04, 07:19 PM
"Simply perceptive."

He nodded slightly.

In the interest of not making assumptions, does anyone have terms which should generally be avoided? Given our various... idiosyncrasies, it would probably be best to avoid pushing each other's buttons.

For example, do you prefer the term vampire or find it offensive? I used hemophage earlier as it seemed to lack any cultural connotations, though if it was overly clinical I apologize.

He turned to look at the agents.

There is also the issue of what we are going to be doing between missions. Are we all to stay in our cells? Stay in the building? What sort of life or lack there of can we expect while we are part of this initiative.

The agents know that the contract the squadies singed dose give them certain privileges: the ability to go out in the world; bars, the movies, you know stuff; the also get accsess to Internet, entertainment. Of course all that is under your supervision and if there is a security risk you do have recourse to revoke these privlages even send them back to prison for serious infractions. That being said if there's a job to be done or you need them for anything they've got to drop what they're doing and come running.

savior indra
2012-11-04, 07:34 PM
"I was hoping to go unnoticed for a bit longer. I trust you will be able to keep this a secret from the rest of them? I would be willing to discuss an alliance later." whispered Jacob to Nightsong as he casually moved towards the corner Nightsong indicated.

the_common_man
2012-11-05, 11:33 AM
Hey agents roll me wits+empathy to tell that the mage and the Vigilante are plotting and mage and Vigilante roll presence+ Subterfuge in order not to be caught.

NotScaryBats
2012-11-05, 12:40 PM
wits empathy [roll0]

Agent Lovegood clears her throat. "To explain your situation more fully, you are criminals on a temporary and experimental work-release program. The previous SSS was taken from us before enough data had been generated, but tentatively provided favorable results.

"Assuming good behavior, supervised forays into the surrounding areas are permitted. There are accommodations here for all of you, and you are expected to make your residence here for ease of assembling the team.

"It appears the basement is dangerous; do not enter it. The upstairs is where Agent Stayer and my offices are -- please observe common courtesy regarding personal property. You each have your own workspaces and may stake claim to one of the rooms in the back.

"I want to impress upon you all that the entire premise is under VASCU surveillance, naturally, and that you are still criminals under the law of the United States of America. Please help this program to continue to thrive, and together we can help the common good." While that seemed more like a speech than she would have liked, Agent Lovegood ends with a professional smile that doesn't quite reach her eyes. Throughout, her voice is level and businesslike, without harsh threat or soft emotion.

Aux-Ash
2012-11-05, 03:56 PM
"Let's avoid vampire, it is not a term we use between ourselves in any great extent. Hemophage I am not too keen on either. Mostly because every once in a while you actually end up meeting someone that takes it seriously and believe me it is a chore to handle that.

Not to mention that if any other of my kind would end up hearing of it, our collective existance just turned a great deal more difficult. There is a reason our existance is not widely known.

As such, I'd prefer my name. Marcus."

Marcus turned his head towards agent Lovegood and listened attently. Giving her a curt nod as she finished.

GFawkes
2012-11-05, 04:05 PM
"So if we're good, we get presents, while naughty little boys get coal? I'll take twelve!" John says in a childlike voice. "And if you would be so kind, I require a pocket watch for company, preferably brass. Iron and his cousin steel don't like me for some reason."

horus42
2012-11-05, 04:25 PM
"So if we're good, we get presents, while naughty little boys get coal? I'll take twelve!" John says in a childlike voice. "And if you would be so kind, I require a pocket watch for company, preferably brass. Iron and his cousin steel don't like me for some reason."

Agent Stayer looks to John. "That's basically right, yes." She feels a twinge of sympathy for the poor, broken creature. "And I'm sure we can find a watch for you."

Nyt
2012-11-05, 09:59 PM
5d10

Daes leaves Nightsong to advocate for him, knowing that he can trust the spirit to act on their best interest. He turns his full attention back to the matters at hand.

Might I retire then? I have a greet.many wards to see to to protect my new.lodging from spirits and I request time to become acquainted with the spiritual landscape of this area so I can more effectively protect our haven from any further spiritual intrusions.

NotScaryBats
2012-11-05, 11:05 PM
"While we have no mission would be a good time to... familiarize yourself with your new home. If there are no further questions, Agent Stayer has the floor." Agent Lovegood adjusts her glasses a moment, and if no one else pipes up, goes to the top floor office to check for messages from command.

Exthalion
2012-11-06, 12:27 AM
"While we are on the subject of requests, would it be possible to acquire hydrogen gas? Rather a lot of it actually. After I set up the perpetual motion machines and the free power, I plan to condense it into its metallic form for use as a super conductor. I... could set up free standing heat gradients to replicate the function of a centrifuge, but that would start taking up a lot of room.

Oh, and what is the policy on compensation for the results of our own industry? With superconducting magnets I can set up some very expensive equipment, the sort that research universities send samples out to be tested because it would cost too much to maintain their own.

Selling room temperature super conductors would of course also net considerable sums, as would selling electricity to the power companies. Given the need for secrecy, I suppose I can't ever actually publish anything could I?"

NotScaryBats
2012-11-06, 01:11 AM
"Let's... not get too far ahead of ourselves," Agent Lovegood says skeptically, "give me an itemized list of what you need, and barring any dangerous compounds, we may be able to get you some materials for your spare time."

the_common_man
2012-11-06, 09:09 AM
Agent Stayer looks to John. "That's basically right, yes." She feels a twinge of sympathy for the poor, broken creature. "And I'm sure we can find a watch for you."


[roll0]

Daes leaves Nightsong to advocate for him, knowing that he can trust the spirit to act on their best interest. He turns his full attention back to the matters at hand.

Might I retire then? I have a greet.many wards to see to to protect my new.lodging from spirits and I request time to become acquainted with the spiritual landscape of this area so I can more effectively protect our haven from any further spiritual intrusions.

Hey one of you didn't roll and the other one who did it didn't take

Nyt
2012-11-06, 05:41 PM
Hey one of you didn't roll and the other one who did it didn't take

Must be something in the server. It worked when you re-posted my post

horus42
2012-11-07, 03:11 PM
Hey one of you didn't roll and the other one who did it didn't take

(I did roll, I just did it in the Dice thread. Are we moving all of those here then?)

Nyt
2012-11-07, 03:42 PM
So what do you think? Nightsong asked the purified, Is it an intruder or ally?

Exthalion
2012-11-07, 04:12 PM
"I thank you for that agent. When we are done with the general briefing I would like to request a moment of both of your time. It doesn't relate to private activities so much as my effectiveness in the field."

the_common_man
2012-11-07, 09:19 PM
Ok so I'm going to say that Nyt Managed to make the conversation look like nothing at all but savior indra looks kind of suspicious as such anyone who'd like to try re-roll may do so savior indra your going to want to re-roll to

savior indra
2012-11-07, 11:18 PM
"Hard to tell. It hasn't attempted to take any action friendly or harmful. Let us give it a wide berth for now until it decides to make contact. Best not alienate a potential ally or anger a potential foe." said Jacob calmly.

Presence+Subterfuge+Willpower
[roll0]

horus42
2012-11-08, 04:28 AM
Wits+empathy

[roll0]

She sighs, looking back at Victor. "Fine. But please, make it quick."

NotScaryBats
2012-11-08, 05:24 PM
Agent Lovegood looks slightly distracted suddenly, and fails to notice the clandestine conversation in the corner. She looks longingly up at the second floor, then turns impatiently towards the man requesting her attention.

Exthalion
2012-11-08, 05:29 PM
"If you wish it here, so be it. Simply put, the presence of either or both of you, along with any normal humans, makes it more difficult for my powers to function and if you were to observe the products of my craft it would destroy them.

I can insulate you against the second, but the first is beyond my ability to mitigate."

Nyt
2012-11-08, 05:48 PM
Okay just want to point out because some don't seem to understand, Nightsong is in the Twilight and not manifested. So, there is no conversation going on to those unable to see or hear spirits. You may see Jacob muttering to himself though.. Which though strange is basically normal for us freaks.

Exthalion
2012-11-08, 06:13 PM
I have a permanent Supernal Vision effect up which lets me see into Twilight.

savior indra
2012-11-11, 12:13 PM
Agent Stayer, Agent Lovegood, I was wondering if my katana and armored clothing had been brought here? I would like to practice my kendo, it would not be good if I got rusty." said Jacob glancing at both agents while he spoke.

the_common_man
2012-11-12, 09:56 PM
Agent Mcloud tells you it's time he leaves he gives agent Lovegood his number and say to call him if you need anything.

NotScaryBats
2012-11-14, 07:00 PM
ooc: savior, are you wanting to use like a wooden boken and are asking rhetorically, or do you actually have a real sword you would like to use?

Is it okay with you to have a "mission locker" with you weapons and Armor in it, that you wouldn't just wander around with it? ie agent Lovegood has a kevlar vest and, gun with laser scope and telescopic rifle. She doesn't carry them around, though and wears the Armor on missions.

I don't want to neuter you guys, but want to keep some verisimilitude.

Agent Lovegood purses her lips disaprovingly and turns to her partner, "I'll let you handle this. If you need me, ill be upstairs checking in with the management and seeing if there's anything required of us." Having said so, the professional-looking woman goes up the stairs.

savior indra
2012-11-14, 07:02 PM
"I'd prefer being able to wear my armored clothing at all times, in public I'd carry a boken, but on missions obviously a well-made katana would be best." said Jacob.

Exthalion
2012-11-14, 07:36 PM
"If you like, I can see about providing both, to a higher quality than any mortal could produce."

savior indra
2012-11-14, 07:37 PM
"I would be in your debt." said Jacob with a bow to the mage.

the_common_man
2012-11-16, 09:32 PM
OOG: ok so is there anything else anyone would like to do today? If no everyone can head to bed and we'll rocka rocka the time

Nyt
2012-11-17, 04:31 PM
Nothing I won't be doing in PM.

Nyt
2012-11-18, 06:56 PM
Can we move on please?

NotScaryBats
2012-11-18, 08:15 PM
[SPOILER]uh yeah sorry. I am good to go, just forgot to say it.

GFawkes
2012-11-18, 08:59 PM
Ready to go when everyone else is

savior indra
2012-11-19, 05:18 PM
"Well if that's it I'm off to catch some shut eye." said Jacob as he moved to find an empty room to settle down in.

Nyt
2012-12-01, 07:39 AM
AS CO-ST
It is Dawn on the 1st of December, 0708 hrs(or 7:08 am).

The dawn comes uneventfully, everyone manages to get as full a night's rest as they choose their character should have had.

NotScaryBats
2012-12-01, 07:55 PM
Agent Lovegood goes through her morning routine much the same as always. After she is dressed and ready for the day, she shoots up a heavy dose of the drug she has been using since becoming a VASCU member. It's effects have dimmed some over the years, but the first five minutes are still something she looks forward to every single day.

After she has basked some in the chemicals running through her veins, the agent checks her tracking device for the status of the team, and looks at her computer for message from the higher ups. Did some work come down?

Nyt
2012-12-01, 08:19 PM
Agent Lovegood's computer responds with an empty Inbox. No news from the chain of command.

GFawkes
2012-12-02, 01:05 AM
John wakes up, letting his eyes focus on the world in front of him and ease out of the world of dreams. Heading to the common area of the building, he makes it a point to touch every switch and outlet he passes.

Exthalion
2012-12-02, 01:32 AM
In the room that had been set aside for his private use, not his quarters but his workshop, the mage Saturn sat cross legged. A katana, belonging to one of the other members of the squad, lay on a stand in front of him. Between them a bowl filled with incense sent lines of thin blue smoke wafting over the blade.

To his side lay a simple laser pointer, the next target of his binding magic.

Using Imbue Item Spell to enchant Jacob Edwards Katana as agreed.

Imbue Item:
Potency 1
Duration 5
Alter Accuracy:
Potency 1
Extra Successes 2
Ephemeral Enchantment:
Potency 1
Mana Storage:
(10) 3

Total 13 successes required. Each roll takes 1 hour. On the role in which I finish accumulating 13 success the process stops.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]

Tens Agains in order (first ten checks first roll here, second 10 checks second roll etc.)

[roll10]

Item functions as follows, sorry the description of the paradox roll is so long.: When the sword is swung the user roles 4 dice. If at least one of them is a success the next three attacks (including the one which triggered the roll) receive the nine again quality.

When the user gazes into their own eyes in the blades reflection they roll four dice and two dice. First, the four dice are rolled. Count the number of successes. Before the two dice are rolled, the user decides to spend 0, 1, or 2 points of mana from the reservoir to mitigate them. The two dice cannot be reduced below a chance dice. If the result is a failure, continue to end. If a success, the user may chose to remove success by taking resistant bashing damage equal to the successes. If they do not, subtract the number of successes from the successes rolled by the four dice. If this reduces that total to 0 nothing happens.

If there are left over successes from the four dice the blade becomes able to hit beings in Twilight for the rest of the scene. If there are success remaining from the two dice then roll five dice. If a success, nothing happens. If a failure: 1 success on 2 dice pool causes the effect to be reversed (GM must decide what that means), 2 successes on 2 dice pool cause the user to gain an appropriate and severe derangement for the scene. (Theoretically you could get more success on the two dice pool, but the odds are very strongly against it. It is a paradox pool so you can look up what happens or ask me too. I would suggest spending the mana on mitigation though.)

Result, 4 hours with a cost of 2 mana. Now, to roll paradox my own paradox. Sorry to have forgotten that.

Exthalion
2012-12-02, 01:38 AM
Paradox roll from the last post.

Base paradox, 2 dice: [roll0]
Wisdom 5: [roll1]

The wisdom roll succeed, so the spell proceeded successfully. One success was removed from my extended casting, but I had 15 out of a required 13 so there is no problem.

That done, and his back aching from sitting so long in one position, Saturn got up and stretched. Carefully picking up the sword and replacing it in its sheath he went looking for its owner.

Nyt
2012-12-02, 09:45 PM
As both John and Saturn approach the main room, they hear Daes speaking in raised tones. Immo dampnare volui animum dimittit!! he pauses and his words sound as if he can barely contain his rage. Contemnis iterum mihi essentiam devorate et interficiam te!!

John will enter to see no one but Daes glaring at his shadow.

Saturn will clearly see Daes' Familiar glaring up at him from his shadow.

As the two enter, Daes will make a visible effort to regain his composure, and smile at his companions. Good morning, he will say, I apologize for my outburst, how did everyone sleep?

GFawkes
2012-12-02, 10:59 PM
"By lowering my brainwave speed and becoming less reactive to external stimuli, duh. How do you sleep? Probably not efficiently or effectively as you're yelling at the room." John moves over to a wall and starts petting it gently. "There there, he didn't mean it. It'll be OK."

Exthalion
2012-12-02, 11:36 PM
"A question if I may. Are you particularly attached to that spirit? I could see about removing it if you so desire."

The celestial fire, though how very cool it seemed before the divine, would burn the very pattern of wood, metal, stone, flesh, or spirit. Even Twilight was no defense, for he perceived its song as clearly as he did the Sun singing forth the joy of living flame.

"Have you seen Jacob? I finished the enchantments on this and wished to return it."

OOC: We might need to PM him.

Nyt
2012-12-04, 06:42 PM
Shaking his head before Saturn even finishes, Daes sighs quietly. The spirit in question is my familiar. In all honesty, my scolding was perhaps a bit petty. His actions were logical, and will strengthen us both, even if it was against my will. Normally you understand, a familiar bond I created years ago would be unquestionable, and this would not of happened. I was raging more at my own impotence than at any slight on his part.

He stops and glances down at the Shadow wrapping around his legs.

I was once an Arc of Spirit, but in my Hubris, I bound his Essence into my soul. Little did I know, I was not in fact the more powerful will. After a breif period as Duguthim, I regained dominance for a moment and was forced to split my soul into pieces to sever the bond. Part of my soul now resides within the creature, so I need him at my side if I ever intend to regain my status as an Arc. Anyway, I'll send Nightsong to fetch the Purified.

Exthalion
2012-12-04, 11:05 PM
"I would nod in understanding and say some meaningless platitude that indicated I understand. However, one object lesson in the dangers of ignorance is more than sufficient for me."

The hand on the sword tightened though he appeared not to notice.

"Would you care to explain what exactly you mean by all of that? I am also afraid my latin is limited to the short phrases used in papers to prove you are intelligent and a few of the more common statements such as Semper Fidelus. You need not worry about me repeating that, it was all gibberish to me.

Point of fact, I assume we are related only because our auras bear the same sparkles. I did not even suspect there were others like me until I perceived you for the first time."

savior indra
2012-12-05, 12:52 AM
Jacob rose from the bed and stretched yawning at the same time. While he seemed lazy to the untrained eye, he gave off the air of a feline predator, nimble, dexterous but deadly. He pulled a blank white shirt over his head before slipping into a waist-length duster. Checking his appearance in the mirror he found himself presentable before heading out to join the others.

Nyt
2012-12-05, 05:40 AM
Ah. No, there are actually a great many like us, or so I've been led to believe. I was found shortly after I began manifesting my abilities, by an annoying old man who endeavored to drag me into his cult that he called the "Seers of the King" or something of that nature. He told me that an Arc is the highest level of mastery over an 'Arcana', which is like a school or sphere of magic, you know from the rpg's you played when you were younger? Daes grins, I was once a very power Spirit binder. Duguthim is what is made when a Spirit insenuates itself into a mortal Mind and takes control. It means 'Spirit-Claimed' in the spirit tongue. I apologize, I forget that not everyone is in expert in Spirit-matters.

He pauses, and says So basically, I was once much more powerful, but then I made an ass of myself when I tried to become immortal, and now my soul is cut into little pieces and I am trying to stitch it back together to regain my powers. he stops, closes his eyes, whispers something, and opens them again, saying, Ah, Nightsong has found our warrior companion.

Nightsong meets Jacob half-way to the common room and leads him in, saying My Master and the other Mage await in the common room, your blade is finished.

Nyt
2012-12-06, 06:39 AM
Is it just the two of us now? I understand having finals, but the rest are just MIA now. Please people, POST something I beg!

GFawkes
2012-12-06, 08:26 AM
John finishes a lap of the room, touching every switch and outlet along the way. "This building is sad. It doesn't like being a warehouse. It wants to be a mansion with a biiiiiig staircase leading up, and an even bigger leading down, and one more staircase, just for show." John then leans in uncomfortably close to Daes and inhales deeply through his nose. "You smell like black."

NotScaryBats
2012-12-06, 04:14 PM
The Agent looks at her empty inbox and scowls. Between the science-types' ludicrous requests and the freaky freaks' freakiness, she wasn't sure she could take another cloying hour of unguided interaction.

For now, she contents herself with a few moments of peace, looking at the tracking device, studying the camera system, and generally just getting better acquainted with her tools up here.

horus42
2012-12-06, 04:18 PM
(This game is still going on? I thought it died because the ST couldn't do it any more. I guess I should have paid more close attention...)

Nyt
2012-12-06, 06:43 PM
(Indeed it is still going, horus. I have taken over as (co)ST. feel free to post again.)

Exthalion
2012-12-06, 07:56 PM
"Ah, Jacob. Your sword is done for the moment."

The rather plane looking man held it sideways toward its owner.

"Simply swinging it should be enough for you to feel the difference. Also, it has gained the ability to cut spirits as well as flesh. Gazing into the reflection of yours eyes on its blade will hone its spiritual edge but I suggest not doing that for now. If you like I can going into the particulars."

horus42
2012-12-06, 10:51 PM
Agent Stayer gets up, same as always, and rolls out of bed. She goes through her daily routine, being grouchy and irritable until she manages to get a cup of coffee. Feeling better and looking actually professional, she heads off to find her partner.

"Any word yet, Agent Lovegood? Or as we still supposed to sit on our hands and babysit the monsters?"

NotScaryBats
2012-12-07, 12:14 AM
"It would seem command intends us to sit here and wait until the most volatile man breaks," Agent Lovegood replies wryly.

savior indra
2012-12-07, 10:57 AM
"You have my thanks and my gratitude. Please, continue. It is best to familiarize myself with the sword before combat." said Jacob as he held out a hand, to ask the mage to continue.

horus42
2012-12-07, 11:20 AM
"It would seem command intends us to sit here and wait until the most volatile man breaks," Agent Lovegood replies wryly.

She grins and chuckles. "Well, let's just hope it's not one of us."

Exthalion
2012-12-07, 04:14 PM
"As I said, when you gaze into the reflection of your eyes upon its blade it becomes able to strike ghosts and spirits and demons and all kinds of non material things.

The process by which its neuminal edge is honed is very delicate. It takes the soul for the immutable stone upon which to be sharpened. If you allow your attention to slip you may be cut yourself or you may cause the blade to slip.

There is within it a reservoir for the excess of soul which may serve in place of your own and which is not subject to such mistakes. It may hold ten measure and each sharpening requires two, one for each side. If you wish you may expend only one and use your soul for the other side.

The reservoir is currently empty. I will be paying out a single measure each day for the next ten. That is the requirement of relinquishment. The other option would be for you to invest a portion of your living soul within it, but I would not recommend it. When it is relinquished to you, we can negotiate my filling of the reservoir. As you can gather I do have other uses for the excess of my spirit.

I would suggest swinging it a few times though, that particular enchantment was a much simpler matter.

Any other questions?"

savior indra
2012-12-13, 07:38 PM
""No, my curiosity has been sated for now. Thank you for this blade, I am in you debt." said Jacob as he bowed to the mage. "By chance does the sword have a name? A blade this magnificent deserves one."

Exthalion
2012-12-13, 07:57 PM
"Don't you recognize it? It is your own."

savior indra
2012-12-21, 02:17 PM
"It's name is mine? So it is a reflection of my soul?" queried Jacob.

Exthalion
2012-12-21, 03:44 PM
"No, I mean that it is your sword. As per our agreement, I enchanted the one that was taken from you by the agents."

Nyt
2012-12-23, 08:19 PM
The day drags on, and the Agents keep interaction with their little team of monsters as short as possible, and everyone tries to get a bit of rest.

Late in the day, just as the sun begins to go down and Marcus is awakening, the agents each recieve a text:

FROM: AGENT STILLER
CALL THE OFFICE. We want you to come in.

horus42
2012-12-30, 05:32 PM
Agent Stayer looks down at her phone. "Let's hope this is a mission..."

She does as she's told, and calls the office.

Nyt
2012-12-31, 08:29 AM
The phone rings once, twice, and just as it rings the third, Agent Stiller picks up the phone. His voice remains in the bored tone you familiar to anyone whose been into the director's office more than once. He says, "Agent Stayer, Is Agent Lovegood there? Good. Put it on speaker phone." He waits for you to comply, and when he hears the change in the electronic buzz that's ever present on electronic devices, he says, "Lovegood, we need you back here, you're being reassigned, along with Der Orwhurm. Stayer, Directer is assigning a new agent to the S.S.S, and to make matters better for you, we've got a case that you guys might be interested in."

"There seems to be some really weird stuff happening downtown, and it isn't looking safe for standard agents to go in alone. We want you to take your group down to the old condemned building on corner of S. Wisner and E. Patrick. Just so you know, there seems to be a combination of different kinds of supernaturals working down there. We've had the typical Vampire signs, along with some of the more... grisly kills we've associated with rogue Lycanthropes in the past."

horus42
2012-12-31, 12:12 PM
"Understood, Sir. We're on it." She says her goodbyes to Agent Lovegood, and hopes that her new partner can fill her friend's shoes.

With that, she relays the Director's orders to the rest of the team.

horus42
2013-01-03, 09:57 AM
She stands in front of the assembled team. "Alright everyone, here's what we know. There were a series of grisly murders, which started about a month before our predecessors vanished. There was just another, and we're being sent in first. Other than these pictures in the file, nothing has been done at the crime scene. We'll be heading out shortly, so get ready."

Exthalion
2013-01-03, 11:05 AM
"I request permission to examine the scene prior to anyone else entering. There are forensics beyond the physical which I wish to analyze. Also, any word on my hydrogen?"

horus42
2013-01-03, 11:10 AM
Agent Stayer nods. "Agreed, as long as you tell me everything you find. As for the hydrogen, Agent Lovegood was covering that, and now that she's been reassigned, I don't know what's going on with it. I'll try to see what I can do."

GFawkes
2013-01-03, 01:53 PM
John sits crosslegged on a chair arm focusing unblinkingly at Agent Stayer. Then he grabs a lamp from a nearby table and talks to it. "I am sorry, my friend. But though you die, the revolution lives. Viva Libertť," and then he smashes it on the ground. He does all this without looking away from Stayer

Grabbing a piece of the resulting ceramic shards, still not looking away from Stayer, he fiddles with it for a few seconds, adjusting himself into a crouching pose. Lowering his head and placing his free hand in front of himself, he raises the shard behind himself, his gaze still fixed on Stayer.

horus42
2013-01-03, 05:17 PM
One hand immediately flies to her gun, and the other to the trigger of John's failsafe device.

"Put it down. Nice and slowly."

GFawkes
2013-01-03, 07:09 PM
John tenses his legs, then lunges towards Stayer. He trips on the extra weight from the ankle tracker, and manages simply to land flat on the floor from the chair. His gazes shifts from Agent Stayer to off to the side of her. "And where do you think you're going, you little bastard?!"

horus42
2013-01-04, 10:53 AM
She lets out a sigh, and turns to the others. "Can any of you tell whether he actually sees something, or if it's just another of his... "quirks?" In that moment, she finally makes the decision, knowing that Agent Lovegood won't be there to back her up any more, that she should at least try to get along with her charges.

Exthalion
2013-01-04, 11:02 AM
"For a bit of context, I can see the photons singing the hymns of freedom after their captivity in the sun and their joy at uniting with the earth as they complete the expression of the love of the daystar.

I cannot see anything external to him."

horus42
2013-01-04, 11:11 AM
Agent Stayer nods at him. "Thank you." She keeps an eye on John, in case he lunges at her again, but relaxes slightly.

GFawkes
2013-01-04, 01:01 PM
John scrambles to his feet, still wielding the shard, and runs around the room shouting many variations of the general phrase "When I get you...". He makes another dive, and moves his free arm to resemble a headlock. He stabs the space where a neck would be several times, stopping to make a punching motion occasionally. After a few minutes of stabbing, he slows down, releases the phantom headlock, and drops the shard.

John then makes a grabbing motion on the floor a little behind where he stopped, then holds his arm up as if holding a flag. "Sahmeone toike ah pic'cha a' this beauty. Definitloiy a keepah for tha woll, he says in a thick Australian accent.

horus42
2013-01-05, 03:11 PM
"...Right. Well, at any rate, I'd like for you all to be ready to go within the next ten minutes. We'll be leaving as soon as we can." With that, she turns around and heads toward her own office, to prepare her things for the investigation.

Aux-Ash
2013-01-05, 03:52 PM
One of the great advantages of being undead was the lack of necessary grooming, it really did save time not having to clean up every day. Marcus had stepped out of his room (after carefully removing the duct tape covering the fracks around the door). As the agent had informed them of their mission he had simply nodded.

The deathly pale and unnervingly still vampire had then made no move as the changeling had done it's quirky act, merely studied the whole thing with a expressionless gaze.

"Something tells me that should we ever find out what makes him tick, he'll be the most productive member of this team.

Regardless, will we be expecting to meet people?

Nyt
2013-01-05, 05:14 PM
Daes smiles throughout the show, only moving to step out of the way when the changeling runs nearby. "I doubt we'll be alone at the scene, Marcus. I expect there will be limited interaction between them and us, but yes, there will be police there, so I would try to look a bit more.. alive, if I were you.

Nyt
2013-01-06, 02:34 PM
The team arrives on scene to the hours-old crime scene to find four men awaiting them. Two of them were wearing the blue-black uniform of the Police department, standing in the hallway just outside the door, which is sectioned off with that ever-present crime scene caution tape.

The older policeman stops the team at the door, looking angry and not at all happy to be there. "Who are you?" he practically growls at Stayer, looking more at the crew behind her than at the Agent herself. He has salt-and-pepper hair, greyish blue eyes, and seems like someone used to giving commands, not taking them. The younger of the two has brown hair and eyes, and seems uncomfortable and out of his element.

The two plainclothes men standing just inside the door seem much more at ease, though not entirely so.

horus42
2013-01-06, 02:40 PM
She flashes her badge. "Agent Stayer, FBI. These killings are related to a case we've been investigating for some time now. I'd appreciate your cooperation, Officer."

sdream
2013-01-07, 12:33 PM
The smaller plainclothes man with short curly hair and full beard inside the building notices the notices the team through the door, and opens it.

"Here are the specialists I've been waiting for. Come on in guys, and watch your feet."


He introduces himself to the team as Samual, on loan from a neighboring office for this issue, as he is familiar with "hairy" situations like this. He shows the badge of a special agent.


I assume he would have been notified as to your descriptions, and we can all get the description of the crime scene together.

Samual is more of a troubleshooter and facilitator than an investigator, but he's also got some experience with security systems, machinery, and occult.

horus42
2013-01-07, 12:36 PM
Agent Stayer walks past the officer, a smug smile on her face.

"Thank you, Samuel. Have you managed to take a look at the scene yet? What can you tell us about it?"

Aux-Ash
2013-01-07, 02:12 PM
As they travelled towards their destination, Marcus let life slip into his skin again. Colour slowly returning, lips flushing, eyes widening and narrowing as emotions were displayed and beginning with a deep breath a casual breathing. It took and effort and he felt how it took blood to sustain it, nothing he had not done before though.

Stepping out of the car, he adjusted his clothing and studied the scene. The officer barking at them set his beast awake, he felt the inner longing for putting the pathetic man in place. But he kept his cool and just looked down at the man with a slightly superior gaze. Following the agent and Samuel into the crime scene.

Nyt
2013-01-07, 06:21 PM
Samuel's warning to watch where the team steps is clearly warranted as the team scrutinizes the scene. the floors and walls are soaked with foul smelling ichor, and the ceiling even has some human remains sprinkled here and there. Of the bodies that are relatively intact, there are two male, and two female, the males appearing Hispanic; dark hair and eyes, darker skin. the female corpses are more mutilated than the males, deep gouges on their ribs, back and legs, along with each missing a throat. The males have some struggle wounds; tears along the forearms and shoulder, also having their throats torn out, in a similar fashion to the ladies'.

There are bits and pieces of someone or something all over the room. In one corner, you'll find an arm, a leg, etc.

horus42
2013-01-07, 09:23 PM
"Oh God..." She fights down the urge to vomit, and surveys the scene with a clinical eye. After clearing her throat, she says, "Alright, Gentlemen. Do your thing."

sdream
2013-01-07, 09:44 PM
"Yeah, the crime scene is pretty tough to miss. I did have a look around at how they got in though..."


Wits 4 + Larceny 2 = [roll0]
10 agains [roll1]

Pity I didn't get any 10s, but I enjoy 3 successes nonetheless.


Now that the team he was waiting for has arrived without incident, the small man seems unusually comfortable surrounded by person pieces.

Exthalion
2013-01-08, 04:36 PM
"No one enter for a few moments please. I will see what I can see."

He didn't seem particularly affected. One had to wonder what he had seen to desensitize him so. A brief glance at his gloved hands might bring the story to mind for those who had read his file.

Scrutinize Resonance with Prime 1 Supernal Vision. Just keep accumulating success until there is nothing left to scrutinize.

GFawkes
2013-01-09, 12:30 AM
After Saturn does his stuff, John enters, not particularly minding where he walks or what he steps in. Scraping what looks like a spleen off his shoe, he stands before the microwave. "And how was your day, good sir? It must have been very interesting with all that's happened," he says, placing one hand on it and attempting to scrub any external biomatter off with his sleeve.

Activating Animation 3: Inannimate Communion. Costs 1 Glamour, unless the microwave hasn't been used or handled in 1 year or more. Wyrd (2) + Empathy (2) + Cleaning/Polishing the item (1) + Willpower (3) = 8 dice pool, normal rerolls

Success: Learn about the last few times it was used/moved/handled. Can only see those who touched it.

Exceptional Success: Can see events from the objects point of view, radius 5 yards

[roll0]

Rerolls. read left to right as needed:
[roll1]

Aux-Ash
2013-01-09, 02:43 AM
Marcus heeded Samuels warning regarding to watch where he stepped, getting the shoes clean after stepping in that would have been a nightmare. He walked around the scene carefully, scrutinizing the whole thing with an icy look. While he had never seen something quite this bad before, he had four decades as a vampire and had seen many gruesome things.

Looking over the blood splatter, Marcus tried to see if it all had congealed by now. If he'd find any that wasn't completely he'd fish up a handkerchief from his pocket (after first ensuring no outsider saw it),dip an edge in the blood and then bring it up to his mouth and taste it. Trying to see if he remembered the taste.

After that, or possibly failing that, the ventrue searches the apartment for signs of animals. Cats or rats most likely, but bird nests outside would be acceptable too.


Rolling Intelligence + Investigation: 4 dice.
[roll0]

Rerolls if necessary:
[roll1]

Nyt
2013-01-10, 09:44 PM
Saturn: The place is overflowing with negative resonance, a deep, bloody rage, profound terror, horrible agony. Bestial rage-lust and an emotional violation hovers over the corpses of the women. Death is in the air, and so are the death spirits. Another aura which you can only describe as the after-trail of power has settled on the windowsill. As you study, you notice one more thing: the corpse that paints the room was made this way by means you recognize as magic, not unlike your own.

Samuel: You repeat your check of the apartment and re-affirm your findings: The initial aggressors came in through the now shattered door, but something doesnít seem right, so you search the room for more. You check every possible second entrance, and even lean out the window to check around. Thatís when you see it. Light claw marks scratched into the windowsill, and outside the building.


Marcus:
Marcus can taste the familiar sensation of terror on his tongue as he licks his fingers clean from the man on the floor. Beyond that, the blood fails to provide information. As he searches the house for animals, he comes to stand at the window, and spots a birdís nest in the tree by the window.

John:

Johns communion with the microwave reveals visuals of the last one to have used the microwave: A large, well-muscled man with ice-blue eyes and black hair: someone not present amongst the corpses.

sdream
2013-01-11, 09:18 AM
The small man recounts for the team what he found before they arrived:

"The only unusual entries and exits were that unalarmed and clearly insufficient door over there, and something odd on a side window I'll show you when you're done getting your first impression here."

Aux-Ash
2013-01-11, 05:54 PM
The familiar and slightly sweet taste of adrenaline. Marcus rose from his crouched position, wiping the blood of his hands and face thoroughly. Wouldn't want any outsider to get the correct impression after all.

As he looked over the place for animals, he said in a emotionless and curt tone, not turning his eyes towards the other members of the party. Throughly looking under furniture and behind shelves.
The victim's were scared out of their wits and likely awake as it happened, but we already knew that. But they weren't on any stronger medication or drugs, I can tell you that much. Nor were they anything other than ordinary humans.

Stopping by the window, he looked out of it for a moment before grinning smugly.

... but if that is still inhabited... I may have found a possible witness.
He stressed the last word, as he turned his attention to the agents, to try to emphasize that he did not mean it in the ordinary sense of the word.

Exthalion
2013-01-11, 06:50 PM
"They died in fear and pain. Their killer was full of a rage which consumed reason. The women were likely raped. The destroyed man was killed by sorcery similar to my own. I may well be able to follow the path the killer took."

His voice was deadpan. This graphic reminder of what this curse did, what those who had it did, was not welcome. Am I doomed to follow in this path?

GFawkes
2013-01-11, 08:32 PM
John rejoins the group, walking with the fingers of one hand tucked into his pants. "It's worse, chief. Some baby blue decided ta nuke a ticker. Can't say whose, but ya only nuke somethin' fa' one a' two reasons: ya don' evah wanna see it again, or ya gonna eat it, and seein' as we ain't got cancah I'm inclined ta think da latah," he tells the group, using a 20s gangster voice.

sdream
2013-01-12, 11:10 PM
I would try to talk the other plainclothes guy into leaving when the team started investigating in their own weird ways.


Wow, they are every inch the dox promised.

Samuel nodded at Marcus and Saturn "Would you need assistance to follow those leads... and do you have any idea what he means other than someone used the microwave?"

Aux-Ash
2013-01-13, 03:34 AM
Marcus turned around and faced Samuel, casting a glance towards John as he did and then returning his attention to the agent. It wasn't very hard to decipher what John had said, he'd grown up with movies where they spoke like that.

"He said that someone fried a heart, and in the context I think he means a human one, in the microwave oven. He also thinks that that someone ate the heart, but that is just speculation on his part. He suggests that the alterative is that they simply fried it until it was gone, but finds it less likely.

As for my witness I merely needs to see if the birds are home and preferably no witnesses that has not been informed of our special... tricks.

horus42
2013-01-13, 03:36 PM
Agent Stayer looks like she's going to be sick. "God, of all the things I've seen in this job... Eating a microwaved heart? What kind of sick son of a bitch are we dealing with here?"

She takes a look around the scene, adding her own investigative eye to the effort.

Wits+Investigation, I assume?

[roll0]

sdream
2013-01-13, 11:41 PM
"That is a pretty... unique... action."

Samuel wracked his brain for references to heart baking...
I suspect it's rare enough that I would need many successes, but here's an Int 3 + Occult 1 roll to see what I can recall (might also recall stuff not related to this heart eating case):

Int 3 + Occult 1 [roll0]
10s [roll1]


"I think I remember a shifter that did something similar, but I'll need to dig up that case file and compare the details."

Aux-Ash
2013-02-13, 03:57 PM
Under the oversight of the handlers, Marcus stepped outside to the tree outside. The vampire looked around carefully, intent on ensuring that noone noticed. Content with his privacy, he projected the Beast onto the tree. Letting the commanding nature wash outwards as the did his utmost to imitate a crow. Cawing a few times at the tree, with his eyes positively radiating dominance. Gesturing at the window as he did so.

"Bird song"
Tell me, there was violence inside, behind this window. Describe what happened, who was the predator?


Feral whispers
Manipulation 3 + Animal Ken 3 + Animalism 2
[roll0]

Nyt
2013-02-14, 07:15 AM
The flighty animal clutching close to it's unborn progeny is easily cowed by the spectacle of a crow so clearly in charge; Seeing the crow will not eat it's young if it gives the information it wants, it answers quickly.

Bird's Reply:
I'll tell you, just don't steal my eggs! I didn't see much, I tucked down on my clutch after the cat-beast entered the window. I heard the dying screams of the men and women within, and then nothing. The cat-beast never came back out, but I did see two men in black attire leave with a man in sweatshirt and pants, and sandals. Please, leave me and my eggs go.

Aux-Ash
2013-02-16, 04:40 AM
Turning away from the tree the vampire walked calmly back into the building, looking the group over before relaying the message:

"Our suspect is apparently a "cat-beast" that entered through the window and killed the occupants in a brief flash of violence. The bird never saw it leave, it did however see two men in suits and a man in a sweatshirt and sandals leave shortly thereafter.

It won't hold in court and we won't get much more detail than that. Small birds don't tend to pay notice to facial features much. You probably shouldn't treat "cat-beast" as literal... anything landbased and dangerous is a cat to a small animal. "

sdream
2013-02-18, 08:55 AM
"We could follow up with his ability to track them, and perhaps catch the beast before it kills again."