PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy VII - The Phase of Time (IC)

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-10-16, 03:17 AM
ADVENTURE 1
THE STORM IS COMING

PROLOGUE
Wutai: A land caught in a complex void but in whose people's hearts hold the ideal of freedom. Now that the Shinra's influence is no longer around, what is left for this once mighty nation?

The City of Wutai, the nation's capital, is situated on a mountain slope. Rocky terrain covers the ground all around wherever you may stand, but the people here are use to it. Houses are designed in the same way as the pagoda that is situated in the centre of the city, which is also the royal palace; home of Emperor Godo.

On this evening, where our story begins, there is an atmosphere of excitement and delight, for today is Leviathan's day, the day to celebrate the nation's deity. A large festival is in motion, the citizens are all lined up to watch the waterfall parade. in the parade, there is a marching band, wearing sky-blue silk clothing, and dancers showing off their acrobatics. several people are wearing a giant Leviathan-shaped costume; dancing and swaying to give the impression that their god was swimming amongst them.

Let's have our heroes introduce themselves...

Roamer
2012-10-16, 06:20 AM
From admist the crowd, a small, red pom can be seen poking out. "Excuse me. Pardon me. Watch the pom kupo!" comes a voice as a Moogle pushes her way to the front. Pink fur adorns her form. "Ah...much better kupo. Now I can watch!" She exclaims, as she gets out of the crowd just in time to see the dancers perform their acrobatics. She hopes she isn't too close, but it's better then sitting on someone's head, that's for sure.

Major
2012-10-16, 01:03 PM
As the festivities went on, one man was enjoying the party in his own way. Due to the party there were lots of people gathered from all over and the more people around, the more beautiful people he could hunt down.

Throughout the party, Terra ran around hitting on various lovely females from all over the place meeting with various degrees of success ranging from slaps to simple no's to blushes and more. But with each success or failure, he kept going.

Vesth
2012-10-17, 07:02 AM
On one of the rooftops, a figure sits crosslegged upon a white-washed ledge, letting the gentle wind lift the tattered black cloak, revealing a Grim looking intently at the crowd.

His fingers rub against a curious materia that adorns his armlet while he takes in the screaming trumpets, noisy bass drums, glistening euphoniums...before noticing a pink kupo standing out of the crowd.

Roamer
2012-10-17, 07:09 AM
Unaware that she's being watched, the Moogle continues to watch the parade as the dancers continue to do their feats. When they pass, she doesn't want to stick around for the dance, and she sees people are beginning to file out, so she uses this opportunity to squeeze through the thinning crowd. "Excuse me again. Pardon me. What did I tell you abut minding the pom kupo!?" Eventually she comes out of the other side, and heads to where the benches are, climbing up and taking a seat, away from the noise of the parade. She's seen enough.

Cravix
2012-10-17, 09:31 AM
Xin watches the parade from a distance while sipping on some random cultural drink related to the festivities. He couldnt understand human celebrations. Perhaps this is how he would have felt when if he would have been reunited with mother, but even that is a lie. But i really do like this drink.

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-10-17, 09:49 AM
As The parade continues on through the streets, a torpedo lands on the Pagoda; destroying the top structure. the crowd of people begin to run and scream for their lives, as several airships fly over, one in particular hovers above the central square and several soldiers in dark grey uniform parachute down to the ground. spotting the citizens in flee, the soldiers start open-firing on the crowd as more torpedoes begin to fire from the airships above.

Major
2012-10-17, 02:45 PM
A frown crossed Terra's face as he watches the explosions and chaos. These deaths were needless and wrong. Countless lovely ladies would be killed. The man sighed and drew his rod before stepping forward and pushing his way towards the chaos.

Roamer
2012-10-17, 04:55 PM
Just as Pog closed her eyes to get some respite, the sound of explosions and screaming jostles her awake. "Well, there goes that..." She says, as she flexes her fingers...a small, red piece of Materia is seen embedded into a ring on her finger as she makes her way towards the source of the noise,

Vesth
2012-10-17, 08:07 PM
Gl'ha hops up, and leaps off the roof, gliding down towards where he noticed the Moogle heading towards the soldiers.

Landing next to her, he fingers his armband, and says, "Do you have a plan, Moogle?"

Roamer
2012-10-17, 11:23 PM
Pog eeks and jumps back, as she hears the sound of someone landing. However, she regains her composure. "Um, not really kupo." She says, peeking upward. "Why, did you? I'm open for suggestions, kupo.." She says, as she brushes her pom from her face as it slides forward into her eyes briefly. She places it up on top of her head.

Cravix
2012-10-18, 11:07 AM
Xin looked up baffled and somewhat angry as a piece of debree lands in his drink. I was drinking that. He see a moogle heading in the fray. There we go someone who can refill my drink. He starts running towards the moogle and yells Excuse me i need a refill

Roamer
2012-10-18, 02:06 PM
Pog turns around. Now what? She thinks as she hears someone yelling about refilling a....drink? ""I have no idea what your talking about, kupo! I think there's more pressing matters at hand right now, anyway, kupo!" She calls back, and pointing towards the square.

Major
2012-10-18, 02:25 PM
"This is so uncool..." The flirtatious mage mumbled as he moved closer to the square. Who would blow up a party and be so indiscriminate?

Vesth
2012-10-19, 06:33 AM
"I have a suggestion. We go in there and blow it up." Gl'ha said simply, pointing at the airship.

Without waiting for the moogle, he started walking towards the flying machines of doom.

Cravix
2012-10-19, 07:55 AM
Xin looks around finally realises the weight of the situation. This is terrible, all these people are dying and you are serving drinks. We need to help this people now.

Roamer
2012-10-19, 08:06 AM
Pog facepalms, with a soft smack. "Listen, kupo...you brought up the drink situation..I should be the one saying that to YOU, kupo!" She says, as she looks around and noticed that the person by her side has moved on. Picking up the pace, she calls out "Hey! Wait for me, kupo! It's not my fault that I got stopped by him!" as she catches up to Gl'ha.

Cravix
2012-10-19, 01:09 PM
Xin is gonna charge the cloest soldier with melee drawn. How dare you disparage this fine moogle while he is trying to serve drinks.

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-10-20, 01:21 PM
With the on-going onslaught happening all around them, our heroes must make a choice: either protect the innocent civilians, or, as GI'ha suggested, enter the airship and blow it up.

If Terra, Pog, and Xin decide to protect the civilians, please make an Initiative check.

http://i1171.photobucket.com/albums/r544/Marc_In_Da_Room/protectthecivilians.png
KEY
Orange - Xin
Dark Blue - Terra
Light Blue - Pog
Red - Civilians (the one with a bit of white in it is injured)
Grey - DG soldiers

GI'ha
Make a Perception check

Major
2012-10-20, 03:17 PM
Init: [roll0]

Terra believes protecting people is most important then the airship.

Roamer
2012-10-20, 06:14 PM
[roll0]
Pog would rather take care of those on the ground first, would cut down on the number of soldiers that are recalled when they went for the airship.

Vesth
2012-10-20, 07:59 PM
Gl'ha looks up at the airship, ignoring the sounds of battle all around him.

[roll0]

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-10-21, 05:57 PM
GI'ha
As you look at the airship diectly above you, you notice a small opening in its tail-end, however there doesn't seem to be a way to get in without it first landing.

Terra, Pog, and Xin
Initiative Order
Terra
Xin
DG soldiers
Pog

Major
2012-10-22, 01:14 AM
"You made a bad choice attacking a place like this." Terra says snapping his fingers and pointing the rod at the mage. "Die."

Oh ****, magic got a much needed nerf O.o I mean, it was needed but wow.

-BIO-
Spending 6 MP for the spell (19/25
[roll0] vs magic defense. If 5 or more greater infected.

[roll1] + con mod

On his turn he loses...
[roll2] + con mod

If infected...
-1 condition track
On his turn: [roll3] + con mod

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-10-22, 06:36 PM
The soldier felt the full force of Terra's frustration and, before he could do anything, fell to the floor in a heap; unable to get up, and completely unconscious.

120 xp award

Xin moves closely to the soldier directly in front of him .

Cravix asked me to fill in for Xin while he is away from the forums.

Xin moves 6 squares forward and uses Spotter talent.

[roll0]. if it beats DC 12, all allies recieve a +1 bonus to attack rolls against the soldier directly in front of Xin.

Vesth
2012-10-22, 06:47 PM
Gl'ha cursed silently, considering his options, keeping an eye out on the airship for it to land. They had to get it down somehow, but they might have to formulate a plan together.

I take it that you can't stop the Airship or any of its moving parts?

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-10-22, 06:56 PM
GI'ha
actually....you can :smallbiggrin:

Vesth
2012-10-23, 05:46 AM
Aiming his arm at the propeller, Gl'ha concentrated, whispering the words he had seen his tribe leader do to activate the materia. In response, his armlet glows slightly...

Casting Stop: [roll0]

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-10-23, 12:42 PM
As GI'ha's spell hit the airship's propellor, it slowed to sudden halt, and the airship came crashing down on the nearest building.

GI'ha receives 160 xp.

Falling damage

all heroes and DG soldiers receive [roll1] points of damage, as the airship crashed, not close by, but near enough to suffer the ripples

the airship only suffers moderate damage but enough to keep it from flying off.

Stop remains in effect for [roll]1d6 rounds

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-10-23, 03:49 PM
I'll try that again [roll0]

Vesth
2012-10-23, 08:31 PM
"Enter the Airship! There is an opening near the tail end!" Gl'ha shouted to anyone who was on his side, running towards the grounded ship.

Roamer
2012-10-23, 09:55 PM
Pog looked between the civilians, and the grounded ship. Unsure of what to do, the Moogle makes a split decision...and absconds. She moves to join Gl'ha in assaulting the airship. "Sorry folks, but the Airship suddenly holds precedence. Hope you won't hate me for this decision!" She calls back, and rushes towards the airship.

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-10-24, 04:38 PM
Pog and GI'ha ran towards the airship; ignoring all sounds of screams and terror going on around them. as they approach the airship, 5 DG soldiers ran out of its tail-end entrance and looked directly at our two heroes.

"Target sighted" said one of the soldiers, and by the sound of the voice, it was a woman.

"Fire at will" said another, and the group of soldiers raised their rifles in our heroes' direction.

STAGE MISSION - GI'HA AND POG
DISPOSE OF THE DG SOLDIERS AND ENTER THE AIRSHIP BEFORE IT CAN TAKE OFF AGAIN (3 ROUNDS).

(roll initiative please)

http://i1171.photobucket.com/albums/r544/Marc_In_Da_Room/StageMission-PogandGIha.png
KEY
Black - Airship
Grey - DG soldiers
Purple - GI'ha
Light Blue - Pog

Major
2012-10-24, 05:01 PM
"I'll wrap up here and then catch up." Terra says determined to take out any remaining guards.

Just curious how many troops are remaining and where we are in initiative

Vesth
2012-10-24, 07:33 PM
Gl'ha cursed under his breath, settling into a fighting stance as he focuses on the exit behind them. Even if the Airship leaves, he could still Stop the propeller again, so there isn't much of a problem.

Initiative: [roll0]

Roamer
2012-10-24, 07:49 PM
Pog silently nods to Gh'la and she looks at the soldiers, then the airship. She silently hopes that they don't waste too much time and the ship doesn't start spewing more soldiers as they try to board.

[roll0]

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-10-25, 08:39 AM
Terra and Xin
INITIATIVE ORDER
Terra
Xin
DG Soldiers

http://i1171.photobucket.com/albums/r544/Marc_In_Da_Room/protectthecivilians-1.png
KEY
Dark Blue - Terra
Orange - Xin
Red - Civilians
Grey - DG Soldiers
(DG soldiers and civilians with a bit of white in means that they are injured)

Pog and GI'ha
Initiative Order
Pog
GI'ha
DG soldiers

Roamer
2012-10-25, 09:02 AM
Pog rubs her hands together. "Fire at will? Don't mind if I do!" She says as her hand with the ruby red jewel on it catches fire, and she chucks a small flaming lump at the one who called out fire.

Fire:
Spellcasting Check: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-10-25, 10:12 AM
The soldier at the front felt Pog's full wrath as the fireball landed squarely on his chest; flinging him over his team and on the ramp behind the back-line of soldiers. Standing up, he pointed at our heroes, and shouted "KILL THEM".

Pog receives 100 xp

Major
2012-10-25, 02:43 PM
Terra twirls his rod before pointing it at the uninjured soldier. "Follow your partner's lead and die."

-BIO-
Spending 6 MP for the spell (13/25)
[roll0] vs magic defense. If 5 or more greater infected.

[roll1] + con mod

On his turn he loses...
[roll2] + con mod

If infected...
-1 condition track
On his turn: [roll3] + con mod

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-10-27, 07:04 AM
Terra's spell hit the soldier straight in the face. he landed backswards on the floor, shaking violently before going still.

Terra receives 100 xp

Vesth
2012-10-30, 11:23 PM
Gl'ha curses slightly under his breath; his magic is limited, and using Stop took a lot out of him.

Charging forwards, he strikes the closest one with his rod.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-10-31, 11:58 AM
The soldier directly in front of GI'ha stu,bles back at the sight of his rod hitting him on his head.

GI'ha receives 140 xp