PDA

View Full Version : Getting Meta with Divine and Devotion Feats

the Blue Morpho
2012-10-17, 06:46 AM
So, I was looking at a couple of the Devotion Feats my OA Shaman is going to be using and the Metabreath Feats for my DFA (If he takes Power Surge) and it struck me when I passed over Recover Breath.

What about a feat that makes feats that can be fueled by Turn Undead more efficient!

So, without further ado:

Levity
Your ability to channel energy to fuel special powers and blessings flows as easily as breathing sweet air.

Prerequisites
Turn Undead, Extra Turning, Knowledge (Religion) 15 Ranks, and either two Divine Feats or two Domain Feats

Benefit
Upon taking this feat, select whether it applies to Domain Feats or Divine Feats. The cost to convert daily uses of Turn Undead into daily uses of Divine or Domain feats is reduced by one. If this would reduce the cost to 0, the feat may be used without limit as long as you have at least 1 daily use of Turn Undead remaining. For example, Jozan possesses the Feats Magic Devotion and Healing Devotion. Upon taking this feat, Magic Devotion would have 1 free use per day plus Jozan could convert 1 daily use of his Turn Undead ability (reduced from 2) to fire an extra Magic bolt. Meanwhile, as long as Jozan does not expend his entire daily allotment of Turn Undead on destroying the dead risen or projecting magic bolts, he and his party may benefit from his Healing Devotion (as it has been reduced from 1 to 0)

Special
This feat may be taken multiple times, each time reducing the conversion rate of either Divine or Domain feats by 1. If a feat's conversion rate has already been reduced to 0, then it is not affected by subsequent applications of this feat.

Too strong? Just right? Are there enough Prereqs?

CthulhuEatYou
2012-10-17, 04:43 PM
I think Devotion feats are actually called Domain Feats?

Also, I think the part where allows you to use abilities that would be reduced to 0 cost might lead to some extreme loops. For example Divine Might which lets you add your charisma modifier to attack damage as a free action for 1 turn attempt = Infinite damage :/

Amechra
2012-10-17, 05:23 PM
Bonuses from a given source don't stack with themselves; it's one of the core rules of the system that is only broken if something explicitly says that it stacks.

And I don't see any problems with this; it might end up being rather cool for an E6 campaign.

Sgt. Cookie
2012-10-17, 06:13 PM
Free Divine Metamagic anyone? I'm no metamagic expert, but there must be some really good "1 level" metamagic out there. Free application, to all spells ever? Yes please. In E6, any cleric, and even some paladins, with DMM WILL sink a few feats into this. No brainer, really.

the Blue Morpho
2012-10-17, 08:19 PM
Free Divine Metamagic anyone? I'm no metamagic expert, but there must be some really good "1 level" metamagic out there. Free application, to all spells ever? Yes please. In E6, any cleric, and even some paladins, with DMM WILL sink a few feats into this. No brainer, really.

I did'nt even consider that application when writing this up, but yeah, sinking a few feats into this would make DMMing a Persistent spell not destroy your TU reserves. Awesome.

Sgt. Cookie
2012-10-18, 10:56 AM
Awesome? NO! Very, very bad. Divine Metamagic is broken as-is, free persist on EVERY persist-able spell, forever? Very, very, VERY bad. I'd state a clause that this cannot be used with Divine Metamagic, as Turn Undead uses are the only thing limiting what can and can't be done.

the Blue Morpho
2012-10-19, 06:12 PM
Awesome? NO! Very, very bad. Divine Metamagic is broken as-is, free persist on EVERY persist-able spell, forever? Very, very, VERY bad. I'd state a clause that this cannot be used with Divine Metamagic, as Turn Undead uses are the only thing limiting what can and can't be done.

Well, looking at it from the context of a typical game, it's not game breaking, since a class with Turn Undead could squeeze, at most, three of these feats into their list (12th, 15th, & 18th).

Now if you play way into Epic levels for that to even become a problem, then it might be DMs call wether there should be a limit.

Furthermore, no one in an E6 game could even take the feat what with the skill prerequisite.

the Blue Morpho
2012-10-19, 06:19 PM
I think Devotion feats are actually called Domain Feats?

You're right, thanks!