PDA

View Full Version : Varisian Multi-game:RotRL IC



Pages : [1] 2 3

Thattaman
2012-10-17, 02:11 PM
Our story is set in the great land of Varisia, land of legends, home to secret lore and evil magic. We go over to the west coast where the great city of monuments, Magnimar, is waking. This is the great capital city of Varisia, with trading always bustling and debatably the best plays in the whole of Varisia. It is said to be the city of monuments because of the huge statues and impressive buildings that decorate the equally impressive city. We head up the lost coast, named after the fact that it is shrouded with mist and the only civilisation north of Magnimar are inns and small Varisian campsites. As we head up me meet the light of the lost coast: Sandpoint.
The sleepy coastal town is where the story begins. The people have faced a lot of trials in the past five years, with the only serial killer in Sandpoint’s history, the Chopper, on his killing spree through the city and the old church being burned down along with the high priest’s death, this is what’s called the late unpleasantness. But the hardy people are willing to put that behind them now and they have built a cathedral, better than the one before, and now they are setting up to have a great celebration. The swallowtail festival.
The streets are slowly getting filled with the citizens of Sandpoint and the stage is being built. A dozen town guards are surrounding the premises of the festival. A stage stands in front of the grand cathedral on which the mayor Kendra Deverin is on stage. She speaks with a well-spoken Chelish accent and addressed the entire crowd.
“Welcome, all, to this joyous occasion. We’ve finally done it; we’ve built the greatest church that Sandpoint has ever seen. They may call Magniamar the city of Monuments but we have a monument of our own. The Sandpoint Cathedral!” With that a huge cheer goes up over the crowd. “And we could not have done it without everyone who helped out and everyone who has come here today. Even Larz Rovanky managed to pull himself away from his tannery close by.” The crowd all turns round to see a man in fine leather blushing, much to the laughter of the crowd. “Anyway, I hope you all enjoy yourself, goodby!” The crowd lets out huge cheer and a thunderous round of applause while a stern-faced Shoanti man climbs up onto the stage. The crowd goes silent under his iron gaze.
“Although this is a joyous occasion, like the good Miss, Deverin said, I don’t want anyone getting drunk and rowdy and there is a zero-tolerance on stealing off of the fine merchants of Sandpoint. If you break either of these rules, you can expect to be spending a night or two in Sandpoint’s prison. Also, we’re having a bonfire later and if this is going to stay safe then we have to set a few precautions.” After a lengthy list of rules, the mildly-bored crowd give up a half-hearted round of applause as Sheriff Hemlock exits the stage. After a brief and awkward pause Kendra steps back on stage.
“Does anyone know where Lonjiku Kajitsu is? He’s on stage next.” After no answer Kendra continues. “If he’s not here then we’ll carry on onto Sandpoint’s very own actor, comedian and playwright. It’s Cyrdak Drokkus!” As a young comedian jumps onto a stage the crowd, obviously expecting something entertaining, start to smile.

North_Ranger
2012-10-17, 04:16 PM
"Pardon... pardon... excuse me... whoops, sorry... comin' through..." is a singular voice going through the crowd as the crowd grunts and huffs in a bee-line starting from the back and heading towards the front. Unseen by the too-tall natives of this quiet little settlement, a heavily-armored dwarf is making his way through the crowd, politely and profusely apologizing as he tries to make his way closer to the stage.

No easy task on a warm day, with crowds packed around him and his heavy armor making him sweat a gallon down his hairy back... but Halfast still tries, doing his best not to step on anyone's toes while also trying to find a better vantage point for the show... not to mention the temple. Keen eyes might tell this isn't just some dwarf sellsword, but catch a glimpse of the holy symbol dangling at his neck or the intricately carved symbol of Torag on the shield strapped to his back. Beneath a dusty, sky-blue cloak he bears a sword in a back scabbard and a warhammer on his belt, the blue steel of his scale mail still bearing the dust and grime of travel. Finally managing to get to the front, Halfast sighs with relief and removes his helmet, his blonde hair matted against his skull.

"Pardon me", he asks the nearest human. "But this grand cathedral... Might I ask to which god is such a worthy shrine dedicated?"

Beowulf DW
2012-10-17, 04:36 PM
The "human" starts and looks over with a look of mild amusement on his face. He turns to reveal that he is, in fact, only half human.

"It's not often that I'm confused for a human, dwarf. I suppose I should take that as a compliment," Cormag chuckles a bit before continuing. "I don't know what god that new cathedral's for. I hired on as an extra guard for the festival just a few days ago, same time that I first got here. Sorry."

Cormag tries waving the sheriff over to answer the dwarf's question.

PeglegJim
2012-10-17, 05:00 PM
Knowledge Religion for dwarf's question: [roll0] (untrained, but have Bardic Knowledge) I'll assume I made the check if I get a 10

Kaseem tries to get deeper into the crowd, constantly checking his pockets to see that his remaining 15 gold pieces is still there. Sure, it was enough to survive in a town like this for now, but he'd need to find work soon. He glares at anyone who inadvertently bumps into him, knowing the reputation of the people of this land as he maneuvers his way all the way to the front to see the stage. He leers at the bard, arms folded, expecting to be impressed enough to forget about his current troubles. "Come on boy. Show us what you got." he yells out. He then wrinkles his nose as he notices some strange characters who came to this festival in heavy armor.

"I wish I had learned more of this region's deities. They seem so alien to me despite the fact that they often appear beside ones that are familiar. Perhaps if I thought out my actions more, I would not have ended up in such a strange land with little gold." said the young human.

Cleric Cromwell
2012-10-17, 05:38 PM
Ogo is rousted from his stupor by the sounds of the cheering crowd, hung over and tired. "Nine hells.... whats goin' on 'ere." He dons his clothes and staggers out of the White Deer Inn and into the crowd
"Whats all dis den?" he asks no one in particular
ignored, Ogo lurches and curses his way through the crowd, until he nearly stumbles over a Dwarf talking to a Half-Orc guard
"whoa, By Gorum's iron piss pot, where the hells did you come from? By the Black Abyss, you two know whats going on here and why these people are making such a racket?"
Ogo takes a moment to look this odd pair over a moment and keeps a wary eye on Cormag

Beowulf DW
2012-10-17, 08:49 PM
An unpleasant look comes into Cormag's eyes as he recognizes Ogo's accent. He grins maliciously as he calls out, "Sheriff! We have a dwarf with a question for you! And what was that you said about drunkeness?"

Archpaladin Zousha
2012-10-17, 10:30 PM
A plump woman dressed in fancy clothes wanders the festival grounds, sampling the dishes offered, wrinkling her nose at some of the plain goods for sale, and occasionally looking in a book, as if the events of the Festival weren't all that interesting. She wanders over by where the dwarf is talking.

"The Cathedral is dedicated to the patron deities of Sandpoint's noble families: Abadar, Erastil, Gozreh, Sarenrae and Shelyn, as well as Desna to appease the Varisian locals, master dwarf," she says in a bored tone.

Angstrom
2012-10-18, 12:30 AM
Ash applauds as loudly as anyone there. The Swallowtail festival has always been one of her favorite holy days, but this one was special. Things had been improving lately and to her this day symbolized a fresh start.


Noticing the foreigners discussing the temple, she smiles. They were in for a truly unforgettable experience. The sight of the swallowtails flying into the air is a sight they'll never forget.

When the fancy woman speaks, Ash can't help but interject, "Do not listen to her disrespectful words, brother." Turning scornfully to face Max, she feels a flash of indignation overcome her, "Desna may be a goddess of night skies and roadsides, but why does that make her followers any less deserving of acceptance. This is her festival so you should not be so dismissive of the Song of the Spheres or those who recognize her wisdom. Look around you, sister, look at the joy Desna brings and next time hold you tongue."

Archpaladin Zousha
2012-10-18, 12:42 AM
"True, though it's of little concern to me. My ways are those of knowledge and history. Let Desna's followers frolic in the present, while I use the past to improve the future. And you are?"

Angstrom
2012-10-18, 02:04 AM
Ash's energy burns out quickly. She was here to celebrate, not bicker. "A'Shanna Jay, call me Ash. If your interests is history, then I can tell you there's plenty to learn from this festival. Desna is older than life itself, and this festival celebrates the revival of one of Desna's mightiest Avatars after a fight with Lamashtu, the Mother of Beasts. A blind child healed the wounds the Avatar had attained during its duel; a truly remarkable tale. I would be happy to tell you more and help you all embrace the true spirit of this festival. For many of you this is your first Swallowtail Festival so why not let a veteran show you the ropes?"

North_Ranger
2012-10-18, 05:12 AM
Suddenly caught up between two half-orcs, one seemingly drunk and the other... well, the other did not yet seem threatening for such a half-breed creature, but Halfast had learned to be suspicious of their kind nonetheless. "Uh, I see...", he started when he then heard a new voice breaking in, this time that of a human woman - and then another, and soon the argument was set.

"Thank you, master half-orc", he said politely to the half-orc who had said he was on guard duty. "But I believe I have received my answer. No need to bother the good sheriff, I am sure he has plenty of other business in his hands when such large numbers of people have gathered on a singular location. Should there be need for any assistance, however, you can consider me willing to aid", he said, patting his warhammer. "You know, in case someone needs more than just a clunk to the head."

Turning to look at the two women, Halfast nodded politely to both. "A truly ecumenical place of worship, then. Commendable, I must say. And I for one would be glad to learn more of these legends you speak of. Seeing how you so cleverly deduced I am not from Sandpoint, miss", he said with a wide smile that made his short-cropped beard rise to reveal the small medallion of polished oak in a steel chain around his neck. "And since we are doing the introductions... Halfast of Janderhoff, at your service", he then continued and hit his chest with his steel-covered fist before bowing.

Archpaladin Zousha
2012-10-18, 09:37 AM
"I suppose a guide to the festivities wouldn't hurt. I've only been here a few months, after all, and tend to spend most of my time either studying in my lodgings or visiting Master Quink. I am Maximiliana Leroung-Zenderholm, from the illustrious city of Korvosa."

That last statement pretty much explains her arrogance in a nutshell. She politely curtsies at Halfast's bow.

PeglegJim
2012-10-18, 10:06 AM
Kaseem yawned and dusted off his bright red tunic. Then he got out his crossbow and started performing maintenance on it. He fiddled around with the lever of the weapon while keeping the device pointed down. He figured some adventurer fiddling with a crossbow would hardly raise alarm with orcish guards patrolling the area and everything. He continued to listen to the ongoing conversation with the dwarf, while waiting to see something impressive at this foreign festival.

Cleric Cromwell
2012-10-18, 11:13 AM
"Easy boy, no need to call the sheriff, and i'm not drunk, i just have Gorum and Asmodeus battling in my head from being drunk yesterday and being woken by this infernal crowd. besides who ever heard of a festival you couldn't drink at."
Ogo takes a step back, holding his hands out, palms open, showing he is unarmed

bluff check [roll0] rollings to hide bulge of the concealed kukri up my sleeve assuming 10 passes


Ogo starts speaking Orcish "I'm not here for a fight, but if you've come to kill me, know that the son of Ripmaw will be the most expensive piece of meat you've ever bought."

Archpaladin Zousha
2012-10-18, 11:36 AM
"Ugh. Talk like a civilized man, stranger."

Cleric Cromwell
2012-10-18, 12:18 PM
switching back to common."Mind your tone, woman, and so you know to whom you are speaking in the future, know that i am Ogo son of Chorgin. this guard and I were merely getting more acquainted with one another."

North_Ranger
2012-10-18, 01:09 PM
"I would say the same to you, Ogo, son of Chorgin" , the light-haired dwarf blurted in, frowning. "I am sure the lady meant no disrespect, and that none of us is here to cause any trouble. If you're suffering from some morning malady, I recommend dunking your head in cold water until your mind clears up, followed by breakfast. Now do be quiet, I want to hear the show."

"Unless", he then continued, looking over his shoulder at the orc, a wolfish grin spreading across his lips. "You wish to clear your head with a sparring match. Not to break bones or spill blood, but to get one's head cleared up again. I could use some excercise outside the gates, the journey here was about as uneventful as an elven repaste."

OOC: In other words, Halfast is offering a training match with non-lethal blows.

Cleric Cromwell
2012-10-18, 01:36 PM
"apologies all around, my waking put me in a fell humor. There'll be no sparing for me this morning i can assure you, though later perhaps... besides a splash of comedy might just cure what ails me. "
Ogo settles in next to Halfast for the show, though glancing at Cormag from time to time just to keep tabs on him

Beowulf DW
2012-10-18, 02:35 PM
"Well then, enjoy the festivities, Ladies, Master Dwarf," Cormag says, noticeably excluding Ogo from his well wishing.

In orcish, Cormag growls,"I don't care who your raping father was. You're still a half-blood like me. And if you take too much after your father, I'll put you down just like every full-blood I've come across." At this, Cormag plants the haft of his battle axe between his feet, and assumes the "at attention" stance of the other guards.

OoC: Nothing personal, Cromwell, Cormag just really hates orcs from the Hold. The fact that Ogo seems to take pride in his orc heritage would gall him to no end.

Also, Bluff is opposed by Sense Motive, so:

[roll0]

Cleric Cromwell
2012-10-18, 04:18 PM
Ogo spits at Cormag's feet, and frowns, but isn't about to start a fight in the middle of the festival

SecondRevan
2012-10-18, 05:50 PM
Riian noticed what seemed to be a small commotion starting to occur, and walked up to the group, trying to diffuse the situation with a simple question. "So, is this place anything as momentous as everyone is trying to claim? Personally, I can't see too much difference between the cathedral and every other building I've seen" he said, as he signaled to the blindfold he kept round his eyes.

North_Ranger
2012-10-18, 06:03 PM
Halfast frowned as he looked at the blind man. "Well, it is a grandiose-looking place for sure... but I am sure that the tranquility inside is something one does not need eyes to feel. Of course, it would be better if there was a holy forge of Torag there as well, but I don't see many dwarves around here, so..."

PeglegJim
2012-10-18, 06:18 PM
"Perhaps you could run your hands over it's stones. You could then feel the great scale of this temple" Kaseem responded to the blind man. He continued to make sure his crossbow was in perfect condition as if it was a matter of upholding his reputation. "I sometimes look upon buildings like that and wish I shared too your faith, so that I too could feel that sense of awe and tranquility. Not that I'm....one of those mind you."

North_Ranger
2012-10-18, 06:24 PM
"One of what, exactly?" Halfast asked quizzically, his eyes now turning to the darker human youth.

PeglegJim
2012-10-18, 06:32 PM
"A man who rejects gods. Back in Katheer, such a thing is unheard of as we all would pay homage to Sarenrae, but when I got to Kaer Maga, I saw many kinds of people with hundreds of ideologies. Strangely, the patron deity of my old country was just about the only one not allowed there, which was strange..." the young Keleshiet answered.

North_Ranger
2012-10-18, 06:54 PM
"Then we are both strangers in a strange land", Halfast said solemnly, his hand rising to feel the holy symbol of his forefathers' god, resting against his chest. "I find that the farther I go from my own homeland, the fewer and farther between are the sacred forges of the Father of Creation, and evermore distant the holy chants of smith-priests. But one must remember, that the truest temple lies not within confines of stone and mortar, but here", the young dwarf spoke, pressing his knuckles over his heart. "This is the true temple of each mortal's patron god. Without that temple, everything else is naught but pageantry."

Archpaladin Zousha
2012-10-18, 07:07 PM
"Not just a priest, but a poet as well. Torag should be grateful for such a servant," Maximiliana muses.

North_Ranger
2012-10-18, 07:13 PM
Halfast blushed at that sudden compliment. "One does one's best to serve, milady. But I claim no true knowledge of a cleric. I am but a servant of the Father's will, with word and hammer and shield. I thank you for your kind words nonetheless."

Archpaladin Zousha
2012-10-18, 07:15 PM
"It's a shame not even this mighty edifice can match the architectural wonders of the ancient days. So much of this land's history, the knowledge and power of its masters, is lost."

Angstrom
2012-10-18, 07:16 PM
"Well said, brother. Though we build these cathedrals to venerate our gods, if we are not faithful in our hearts then even the mightiest monument is without purpose."

Cleric Cromwell
2012-10-18, 09:29 PM
"Truthfully, I too am an outcast here, exiled from my home, betrayed by those who i was groomed to lead. even here i am cursed by my own kind. but then again our gods are harsh a cruel, as are their temples and monuments, not like this. before my exile i would have only looked on this place as a source of plunder for the Hold, but now, i can see its beauty.

Beowulf DW
2012-10-18, 09:39 PM
"Beauty? There may be hope for you, yet, chiefling."

Cleric Cromwell
2012-10-19, 12:08 AM
"hope for us all i would think"

SecondRevan
2012-10-19, 06:35 AM
"Is everyone else here also a stranger to these lands? And to think I used to use my exotic charm to pick up women" Riian said. "I don't even have an interesting story to go along with it. Merely a minor family crisis that forced me to move from Lastwall."

He intentionally didn't talk about gods. His was a... complicated relationship. Riian was still loyal to the ideals of Iomedae, but it was hard to feel faithful towards a god that had robbed him of his eyesight, no matter what powers he had gained in exchange.

PeglegJim
2012-10-19, 09:03 AM
"It is not so strange. The foreigners will always gravitate towards one another. Even if they do not realize it." Kaseem remarked. "Though I thank you for considering our stories interesting."

He rapped his fingers along the crossbow. "I hope to find work soon. I imagine a couple of you are in a similar position. Nothing permanent, just a bit of gold and supplies to aide in my travels."

North_Ranger
2012-10-19, 09:12 AM
"Admittedly, one cannot live on scriptures alone", Halfast remarked with a small smile. "And let it not be said I would spit into a tankard, either. Surely there is some establishment here one might find tasks for hands and nourishment for the body?"

Beowulf DW
2012-10-19, 10:55 AM
"There's lots of work for those who can fight, you know," says Cormag. "There's always someone who needs a guard, or someone who needs some killing. I came in as a guard for a caravan a short time ago. Signed up as an extra guard for the festivities right away."

Cormag goes back to watching the crowd, then appears to remember something. "I know your names, so I guess I ought to tell you mine. I'm Cormag."

Cleric Cromwell
2012-10-19, 11:20 AM
"We could all seek employment together, after the festival, i know Cindermane and I could use some work, and a little gold clinking in my pouch never hurt me at all."

PeglegJim
2012-10-19, 11:52 AM
"I apologize. I never actually gave any of you my name. I am Kaseem. And yes I suppose we could increase our chances by doing searching for work together. Any kind of work will do really. I have had many jobs. From acting to dealing in weapons to my current exciting occupation as a traveling adventurer. I'm sure I could handle a variety things. I'll fight if I have to. I'm a decent shot with this thing." He responded, looking up briefly from his crossbow fiddling.

Kaseem. He briefly wondered if acting guard like some brutish orc was beneath him, but dismissed the thought. Expecting such favorable circumstances was unrealistic at this point.

Cleric Cromwell
2012-10-19, 12:11 PM
"well met kaseem."

North_Ranger
2012-10-19, 01:33 PM
"Well, if there's some kindly soul in need of a sturdy shield and a steady arm, I think such occupation would not be an affront to Torag. Don't ask me to break anyone's legs over matters of coin, but I would be glad to keep the peace", Halfast mused, rubbing his short beard. "Perhaps we oughta talk to the sheriff, see if he has someone in mind. Cormag, was it? You seem to have his ear, think he would hear us out after the festival?"

Archpaladin Zousha
2012-10-19, 02:32 PM
"It is not so strange. The foreigners will always gravitate towards one another. Even if they do not realize it." Kaseem remarked. "Though I thank you for considering our stories interesting."

He rapped his fingers along the crossbow. "I hope to find work soon. I imagine a couple of you are in a similar position. Nothing permanent, just a bit of gold and supplies to aide in my travels."

"I'm actually setting up a base-camp here in town for an ongoing archaeological study into the local ruins. I certainly could use a guard or two."

Angstrom
2012-10-19, 04:15 PM
"Please forgive me, sister, if I don't jump at your offer. Today of all days I am not in the mood to look for work. We should be celebrating, not discussing hard times."

Beowulf DW
2012-10-19, 05:44 PM
"Well, if there's some kindly soul in need of a sturdy shield and a steady arm, I think such occupation would not be an affront to Torag. Don't ask me to break anyone's legs over matters of coin, but I would be glad to keep the peace", Halfast mused, rubbing his short beard. "Perhaps we oughta talk to the sheriff, see if he has someone in mind. Cormag, was it? You seem to have his ear, think he would hear us out after the festival?"

Cormag looks somewhat bemused.

"You overestimate my authority, Halfast. I'm just an extra guard. The sheriff only wants to hear from me if there's an emergency. Still, I imagine that he could think of something for us to do. And standing around glaring all damn day is getting boring."

Thattaman
2012-10-20, 02:03 AM
A huge roar of laughter followed by a deafening round of applause goes up over the crowd as Cyrdak delivers his punchline. Then Father Zantus take the stage. He delivers a short speech about how he will look after the new church and that it is an honour to be the owner of such a cathedral. Then he declares the festival underway. Games around get set up. From tug-of-war to archery and from fencing to simple hide and seek.

SecondRevan
2012-10-20, 05:34 AM
"You can just do what I do. I used to be a guard, but it was a bit... restricting to me. I But there is nothing stopping us from working together and finding some threat. I spend most of my days patrolling the countryside with my blade"

PeglegJim
2012-10-20, 10:04 AM
Kaseem nods at the native woman's words. "Perhaps your words have some merit. Business can wait for just a little while, though I thank you all for your help. But for now I believe the customary thing to partake in these foreign festivities. I think I shall get us some wine." Kaseem goes off to get some wine, intending to return to the group with it.

North_Ranger
2012-10-20, 12:46 PM
"Or ale, if you can find any!" Halfast called after the youth, though he was fairly sure that the general hubbub of the crowd drowned his call. Smiling to himself he looked around, and a chuckle rose from his lips as he saw the tug-of-war. Turning to look at the half-orc with a hangover, he cracked his knuckles. "So... no sparring match, then. Care for a tug-of-war, then?" he offered with a grin. "You're a tad tall for a match, but your current state seems like a decent enough handicap to make this interesting."

Cleric Cromwell
2012-10-20, 04:17 PM
"Tug-of-war sounds agreeable, unless i can find a riding competition, where Cindermane and i are sure to win the day."

perception check to look for any competition involving riding
[roll0]

SecondRevan
2012-10-20, 04:40 PM
"I'm up for tug of war or a spar, if anyone is interested. Who wants to see if they can beat a blind man?

Cleric Cromwell
2012-10-20, 06:08 PM
"you seem oddly competent for a blind man"

Archpaladin Zousha
2012-10-20, 11:23 PM
"Tests of physical prowess are for children. I'd much rather test the mastery of my magic against anyone else's. Not many spellcasters in Sandpoint, unfortunately, though. Maybe if they had a decent school like the Acadamae, or even like the Stone of the Seers in Magnimar..."

SecondRevan
2012-10-21, 03:17 AM
"When the gods give, they also take away, or at least they do in my case. I may not know what you look like, but I can view your aura instead and find out enough that way. Yours is green, by the way."

Cleric Cromwell
2012-10-21, 12:37 PM
"as is fitting, i am very interested in seeing you in action my friend"

Archpaladin Zousha
2012-10-21, 04:40 PM
"When the gods give, they also take away, or at least they do in my case. I may not know what you look like, but I can view your aura instead and find out enough that way. Yours is green, by the way."
"Green? What's that supposed to mean?"

North_Ranger
2012-10-21, 05:00 PM
"I am not certain myself, but I think the good man means that through some means of supernatural nature he is able to see without the use of his eyes", Halfast mused, rubbing his beard. "I have heard of such things. Perhaps his sight is similar to that of elder brothers in Father's service, where our god gives us sight into the hearts of others, to reveal what wickedness may lie within."

Archpaladin Zousha
2012-10-21, 06:07 PM
"I figured that, I'm just wondering why mine appears green."

Beowulf DW
2012-10-21, 07:24 PM
"I think I'll check out that fencing tournament. It's not how I usually fight, but how hard can it be?"

Angstrom
2012-10-21, 07:31 PM
"I'm happy to see you getting into the spirit of things. I'll leave the swordplay to you though, I wouldn't know which end of the thing to hold."

North_Ranger
2012-10-21, 08:47 PM
"I do believe the general concensus is that one should use the pointy end for sticking", Halfast offered with a grin. "Although, there are different schools of thought even on that", he added, patting his decorated warhammer.

Cleric Cromwell
2012-10-21, 08:48 PM
"the first lesson my father gave me was 'stick em wit da pointy end' my father wasn't much for cleverness, his way was straight forward and uncomplicated"
Ogo claps halfast on the shoulder and heads off towards the tug of war

Cleric Cromwell
2012-10-21, 11:05 PM
" and i think he was refering to my aura, ma'am"

SecondRevan
2012-10-22, 02:56 AM
"Yes, I was talking about... him. Have you given me your name yet? Some of the others have, but I don't think either of you did. I'm Riian. Riian Gage"

Thattaman
2012-10-22, 10:18 AM
For the tug-of-war a group of four is required but some people are already there. The fencing is quite simple. Get a sword find someone else with a sword and "stick 'em wit da pointy end". Neither has a particular reward apart from bragging rights.

PeglegJim
2012-10-22, 11:10 AM
Kaseem doles out mugs to those who aren't too busy with the games and such and pours himself some wine. "I'd do a toast, but I wouldn't know to what."

Beowulf DW
2012-10-22, 11:10 AM
"Well, good luck in the tug of war," calls Cormag as he struts over to the fencing area. It's been a while since he just did something for fun.

Thattaman
2012-10-23, 09:52 AM
The night goes on with games being played and won then just before lunch a huge crowd of Swallowtail Butterflies are released and make a beautiful display in the sky. Then lunch is served with the inns all trying to make the best food and drink that is more of a marketing ploy than anything else. Once again Ameiko’s curried salmon is by far the nicest, followed by the venison served by the white deer. Before a bonfire is lit to celebrate the end of a celebration, father Zantus-the high priest in charge of the Sandpoint Cathedral-takes the stage.

A sharp retort, like the distant crack of thunder, slices through the excited crowd as the suns setting rays paint the western sky. A stray dog that has crawled under a nearby wagon to sleep starts to wake, and the buzz of two dozen conversations quickly hushes as all heads turn toward the central podium. A high-pitched scream goes up over the crowd, then another until all anyone can here is screaming. Then a high-pitched scratchy, almost-human voice starts singing a horrible song that is joined by other voices until a whole chorus is singing the same violent warchant.

“Goblins hit and goblins fight, goblins chew and goblins bite. Slice the dog and chop the horse, goblins kill and take by force,

Goblins race and goblins jump. Goblins slash and goblins bump. Burn the skin and smash the head. Goblins here and you be dead,

Chase the baby, catch the pup. Smash its head to shut it up. Flesh be cooked and bones be stewed. We be goblins, you be food!”

There are goblins in the streets.

Cleric Cromwell
2012-10-23, 11:00 AM
Upon hearing the goblins chanting about chopping horses, he draws his scimitar
"No one is chopping my horse, gobbo, not tonight. To arms friends." He screams into the night
Ogo gathers his companions and readies for battle

PeglegJim
2012-10-23, 11:29 AM
Kaseem loaded a bolt into his crossbow. "And to think, earlier today I was thinking of selling this thing." He scans the area for the goblins and stands ready to fire at the first one who comes within 75 feet of him.

Angstrom
2012-10-23, 12:06 PM
Caught speechless, Ash stands wide-eyed staring the erupting chaos around her. What happened? she thinks to herself as the little horrors appear all around.

In the frenzy she sees one of the goblins chasing a young girl through the square and in a flash she is sprinting to intercept, her eyes narrowed to slits. As she runs, she reaches up and pulls free the needles that keep a section of her scarf tied into her hair.

North_Ranger
2012-10-23, 02:26 PM
Halfast curses in Dwarven and slings his shield and mace in place. His jovial smile disappears behind an angered snarl, his friendly eyes now full of steel and fury.

"Get behind me, get behind me!" he yells to the nearest screaming locals, striding to the front with the heavy steps of celestial fury. Turning his eyes towards the goblins, he clangs his mace against his shield. "Come on, then! Come and fight, you sorry sons of she-dogs! Your mothers did it with horses!" he yells as he tries to draw the goblins' attention away from any unfortunate souls in their path.

Beowulf DW
2012-10-23, 06:23 PM
Cormag stalks through the crowd, elbowing aside anyone that gets in his way. He readies his axe and silently starts choosing victims.

SecondRevan
2012-10-23, 08:51 PM
Riian turns towards the voices, attempting to make out their auras and locate them. Luckily they insisted on singing that horrible chant.

His sword drawn, he prepares to attack, muttering about the day be a standard 'adventurer's holday'

Thattaman
2012-10-24, 09:52 AM
There are four goblins close by to you, looting a wagon when they see you approach, they draw crude looking weapons and grin with evil intent.

North_Ranger
2012-10-24, 10:13 AM
Halfast growls as he sees the goblins draw their blades. Widening his stance, he brings his shield up front and lets his hammer clang against it.

"Come on! Let's see what you dog-bred mongrels got!" the dwarven paladin yells, his fingers tightening around the handle of his hammer.

OOC:
Readied action: attack the first goblin that comes within range, Power Attack on.

Cleric Cromwell
2012-10-25, 08:12 PM
With sword and shield in hand, Ogo looks for the biggest goblin, and tries to single him out
"Come on you sad, ugly little thing, my horse leaves bigger dung heaps than you, and they smell sweeter. i'm going to split you right down the middle, and see if you insides smell any better. this one is mine."

Ogo bounds forward, charging at the goblin

OOC:
On my turn i challenge the largest goblin i can see as a swift action, and charge him, assuming i have a straight line to charge in
1d6+6

Angstrom
2012-10-25, 11:51 PM
With focussed intensity, Ash sprints to catch the little menace. Spinning once as she approaches, her kapenia billows in her wake before slicing downward at the goblin.

Charge? If there are obstacles then remove 2 from the attack roll.
[roll0], [roll1]

PeglegJim
2012-10-26, 09:32 AM
Kaseem closes one eye and takes a shot at the most injured looking goblin.

[roll0]

PeglegJim
2012-10-26, 09:34 AM
Okay I'm assuming that's enough to do damage
[roll0]

Cleric Cromwell
2012-10-26, 12:42 PM
ooc:
arg, that was silly of me
[roll0],
if unable to charge
[roll1]

Thattaman
2012-10-26, 02:27 PM
The four goblins look up, one not quite quick enough and gets sliced with an exotic weapon by Ash. Another one gets an arrow into one of it's arms which seems to encourage it more than hurt it. The one that gets slashed, just draws a crude looking weapon and slices towards Ash. The one that got shot also runs at ash, but gets distracted by a plate of salmon and tastes it, then stuffs it's mouth and pockets full of the stuff. As Ogo spectaluarly misses, the goblin that he almost hit grins with delight before slicing him through. The final goblin hears the insulft from Halfast and charges towards him, knife drawn and is ready to cut him up.

Against Ash [roll0] [roll1]
Against Ogo [roll2] [roll3]
Against Halfast [roll4] [roll5]

North_Ranger
2012-10-26, 04:05 PM
Halfast curses when he feels the goblin's blade find a weak spot between the metal scales of his armor and draw blood. Blood price for pride, the young dwarf muses as he brings his hammer down on the ugly runt of a greenskin.

Warhammer:
[roll0] (-1 from Power Attack, +1 from attacking a goblin)

Damage:
[roll1] (+2 from Power Attack)

Archpaladin Zousha
2012-10-26, 11:56 PM
"Stay out of melee range! Don't want you fools to slip!"

Maximiliana waves her hands and begins chanting in Thassilonian. Any who can understand it can tell there's one word being repeated over and over: "GREASE!"

Maximiliana will attempt to cast grease beneath the feet of the goblins in front of us.

What do I need to roll? I rarely play arcanists, so I'm kinda new to using this spell. :smallredface:

PeglegJim
2012-10-27, 12:02 AM
Kaseem reloads takes another shot at the goblin. "Bah, these creatures wouldn't know a good war-chant if it shot them in the face."

Attack: [roll0]

Damage: [roll1]

Cleric Cromwell
2012-10-27, 02:16 AM
"aaaaaaaggggggg. too late to leave melee now lady."
Ogo snarls in pain as the goblin blade bites into his flesh. Ducking dodging and sliding away from the goblins furious blows, but Ogo breaks into a wicked grin as a sees an opening in the goblins crude assault, and begins to take the fight back to the goblin, raining blows down on him, hammering the hideous goblin down. Parrying his blade aside, Ogo attempts to end this fight


Attack roll
[roll0]
Damage roll
[roll1]

Angstrom
2012-10-27, 12:53 PM
Ash steps lithely around the goblin's attacks; her kapenia whirling about.

5ft step towards flanking position. Attack: [roll]1d20+6[/roll[, [roll0]

North_Ranger
2012-10-27, 04:08 PM
Seeing that the goblin before him still draws breath in affront to the Father of Creation, Halfast swings his hammer in a powerful arch. Though he can't help but wonder, whether braining a goblin would actually do any good. The chanting little runt clearly isn't using his head...

Power attack the goblin again.
Attack:
[roll0]

Damage:
[roll1]

Thattaman
2012-10-27, 04:48 PM
The goblin attacking Halfast drops dead under the hammer of his opponent, but the other three seem oblivious to the fall of a comrade. The goblin who ate the salmon, charges towards Ogo, but slips over-because of the Grease spell-and hits into the one that's already attacking Ogo, both slip over and fall face on the hard ground. The only goblin that manages an attack slices Ash, with his weapon which looks less like a knife and more like a sharpened trowel stuck to some irregularly sawed peice of wood.

Attack on Ash [roll0] [roll1]

North_Ranger
2012-10-27, 05:42 PM
Shaking off the gooey mix of blood, brains and bone from his hammer, Halfast takes stock of the situation. With the ground glimmering after the wizardess's grease spell, he is unable to get to Ogo and Ash. Yet he sees two goblins currently without someone to keep them at bay.

"Kaseem! Those two!" he yells to the young man of Kelesh and then shows the reason why he came to these festivities in scale armor: the bulkiness of his armor weighs him down very little, as he roars a dwarven war cry and charges.

"HAMMER OF THE FATHER, HAMMER OF THE CLAN!" the bloodied young paladin roars as he brings his own warhammer to bear upon the nearest goblin.

Charge and Power Attack on the nearest gobbo.

Attack:
[roll0]

Damage:
[roll1]

PeglegJim
2012-10-27, 06:04 PM
Kaseem simply nods, reloads, and takes a shot at the weakest of the 2 unconstrained goblins the Halfast pointed out with his crossbow.

Attack [roll0]
Damage[roll1]

Angstrom
2012-10-27, 07:55 PM
Continuing to dance around the goblin's clumsy blows, Ash sends her scarf slashing across the face of her opponent.

[roll0], [roll1]

Thattaman
2012-10-28, 02:46 AM
Ash slices through the final goblin who's eyes bulge, then it drops, completely limp. The two lying on the ground, manage to dodge, Halfast's blow and Kassems shot goes sailing over their heads. They both get up (AoO) and attack Halfast.

Against Halfast [roll0] [roll1]
[roll2] [roll3]

North_Ranger
2012-10-28, 04:58 AM
Halfast bears down on the goblins, his hammer seeking to crush one greenskin's skull as it gets up. Unfortunately that leaves his flank open for a split second too long, enough for the other goblin's serrated blade to find its mark. Halfast curses and turns his gaze to the grinning little monster.

"Is that all you got? By the Father's hammer be judged!" Halfast roars with bloody lips and swings his hammer at the goblin's face. His hammer starts to shimmer, the engravings decorating it burning with the fire of Torag's forge as the sanctified weapon seeks blood to spill.

OOC:

AoO on Gobbo #1:
[roll0]

Damage:
[roll1]


And Power Attack paired up with Smite Evil on Gobbo #2:
[roll2]

Damage:
[roll3]

SecondRevan
2012-10-28, 05:22 AM
The chaos had blinded Riian, as mixed auras turned what should have been a simple encounter into a forced daze as he tried to make out where exactly everyone was. However, he managed to focus and see Halfast attacking the goblins, and attacks the nearest one.

Attack Roll: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Thattaman
2012-10-28, 05:50 AM
The goblins dance with glee as they dodge Halfast's blows but one of for one of them, their sick delight is short-lived as Riian kills it with one attack.

North_Ranger
2012-10-28, 09:08 AM
"Enough with the dancing!" Halfast roars, his frustration growing as the goblins deftly duck and dodge away from his blows. With practised ease the dwarven paladin loosens his shield and lets it fall on the ground, his freed hand grabbing the hilt of his hammer. Bellowing like an angered aurochs bull the dwarven paladin heaves his hammer with every iota of strength in his body at the last remaining goblin.

OOC:

Two-handed blow and Power Attack on the damn runt ;)

[roll0]

Damage:
[roll1]

PeglegJim
2012-10-28, 09:54 AM
Kaseem reloads once again and takes a shot at the last goblin left. "Fall back dwarf. You're injured. We can handle this. You've done more than enough today."



[roll]1d8]

PeglegJim
2012-10-28, 09:55 AM
Messed up the damage roll

[roll0]

Cleric Cromwell
2012-10-28, 11:02 AM
having his chosen target knocked down by the other goblin and promptly killed Ogo roars in anger and looks for something else to fight, and is rewarded quickly finding the last goblin and Halfast tangled in battle, he heads around to flank the goblin and help his new dwarven friend. he starts to band his sword against his shield and then levels a blow at the goblins head

ooc:

attack roll
[roll0]
damage roll
[roll1]

Cleric Cromwell
2012-10-28, 11:09 AM
ooc
add 4 to my attack roll for 10

Thattaman
2012-10-28, 11:10 AM
The last goblin fianlly drops dead ro a crossbow bolt in the back of the head. It drops to the ground, dark blood pouring out as it mixes with the dirt on the ground.

North_Ranger
2012-10-28, 01:29 PM
Halfast - bloodied, angered and for the lack of a better word, seriously pissed off - raises his hammer one more with both hands, roaring as he stands over the body of the last dead goblin. For a moment it looks like he is going to start beating the body into a bloody pulp, but then he seems to snap out of it. Breathing deeply he lowers his hammer and wipes it clean on the goblin's tunic.

"Thank you", the young dwarf simply says to Riian and Ogo, clearly in no small amount of pain from the deep cuts where the goblins had managed to find an opening between the blue steel scales.

PeglegJim
2012-10-28, 01:50 PM
"This should keep you standing." said Kaseem as he went up to the dwarf and cast a healing spell. "You did take the majority of the punishment after all."


Cure Light Wounds: [roll0]

Angstrom
2012-10-28, 01:52 PM
Not pausing for a second after the goblins fall, Ash spins around looking for any signs of further trouble. Noting the dwarf's prowess in the battle, she trusts that he will know how to look after himself and instead runs to help any injured townsfolk.

North_Ranger
2012-10-28, 02:20 PM
"Again, thank you", Halfast says as he nods at Kaseem. He picks up his shield and straps it to his back. "I will live, though. Best you use your healing powers to help any villagers who got hurt."

"Also, did anyone happen to see where those blighters came from? I don't think it's common for goblins to be so brazen as to attack in broad daylight", he continues and kicks one of the goblin corpses with the toe of his armored boot.

Cleric Cromwell
2012-10-28, 03:41 PM
"come on, lets see if there's more gobbos ta crump."

Ogo sets off after Ash, just looking for a fight, frustrated he wasn't able to claim a kill for himself, though worried about his horse..

PeglegJim
2012-10-28, 03:55 PM
Kaseem shrugs and walks around looking for any wounded, having nothing better to do. Goblins were a cowardly bunch, so he assumed most were driven off. He put the crossbow away for now.

Thattaman
2012-10-29, 03:30 AM
Boom!
A huge explosion envelops the town square despite the chaos many people stop to stare at the oddly beautiful wall of fire. Silhouettes start to appear in the fire, then they emerged with torches. Goblins have found the fuel for the bonfire and now they are out of control.
A chanter with a whip is circled by five other goblins and he seems to be leading the chant that was spurring the horrible little things on. Goblins seem almost obsessive over the fire and the warchanter is the centre of all this destruction.

SecondRevan
2012-10-29, 04:15 AM
"More of them" Riian warned the others, as he tried to find the best target. The one with the whip seemed the most dangerous, but it wasn't easy enough to reach him, considering he was surrounded. So instead, Riian attacked one of the other goblins

Attack Roll: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

North_Ranger
2012-10-29, 05:02 AM
"Hell's embers, they're a persistent lot, aren't they?" Halfast curses as he prods his hammer down on its business end and picks up a small ceramic vial from a belt pouch. "They want fire, do they? Well, never let it be said that clan Halfear doesn't offer a warm welcome", he chuckled.

"Riian! Incoming!" Halfast yells as he lobs the bottle at the warchanter, hoping to see the loud bugger's gob turn into a firepit.


OOC:
Lobbing a bottle of alchemist's fire at the warchanter. C'mon, die roller, don't fail me now...

[roll0]

Damage:
On a succesful hit, the warchanter takes 1d6 damage now, and another 1d6 on the next round. Those around him take 1 damage each.
[roll1]



EDIT: Dear die roller... You suck.

Beowulf DW
2012-10-29, 09:37 AM
OOC:Sorry that I was absent. I was cut off from the interwebs for the weekend. Let's just act like Cormag was trying to save the ale or something.

Cormag elects to stay out of the melee while alchemist's fire is being tossed around, and readies his sling. He takes aim at the war chanter.

"Let's see how well he chants with a broken jaw."

Attack roll: [roll0]

Damage: [roll1]

PeglegJim
2012-10-29, 10:59 AM
Kaseem used a visual bardic performance to inspire courage as he drew two short swords.

Inspire Courage: An affected ally receives a +1 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects and a +1 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls.

Performance: [roll0]

Cleric Cromwell
2012-10-29, 02:16 PM
"come on then!"
Ogo launches an attack at the goblin nearest Riian, not about to let this blind marvel fight alone.
"on your left Riian"
reveling in the din of combat, Ogo is a wirlling mass of steel and leather hide.

OOC:

attack roll
[roll0]
damage roll
[roll1]

Angstrom
2012-10-30, 01:56 PM
Without saying a word, Ash whirls into the fray. Whipping about she charges a goblin.
Charge at whichever goblin is the most eligible to be flanked in future turns.
[roll0] (+1 from music, +2 from charge), [roll1]

Thattaman
2012-11-01, 03:23 AM
The goblins around take no notice of your attacks and instead decide to burn you. Two of them just carry on with the chant whereas the other three attack with their torches. One goes for Halfast, one for Riian and one for Ogo

Halfast [roll0] [roll1]
Riian [roll2] [roll3]
Ogo [roll4] [roll5]
If they hit then you take one more fire damage.

North_Ranger
2012-11-01, 06:09 AM
Halfast growls, both anger and a racial hatred for goblins burning in his veins as the goblin's torch hits his shield. He slams the torch aside with his shield and then proceeds to see what colour the brains of this goblin might be - with his hammer.

Power Attack, again.

[roll0]

Damage:
[roll1]

Cleric Cromwell
2012-11-01, 11:43 AM
Ogo dodges out of the way of the torch, parrying it aside when the goblin comes around for another go
"Pah, i fight better than that from my mothers womb"

Encouraged by the goblins lack luster attacks, Ogo goes back on the offensive


attack roll
[roll0]
damage roll
[roll1]

Cleric Cromwell
2012-11-01, 11:50 AM
ooc
roll to confirm crit
[roll0]

Angstrom
2012-11-01, 12:08 PM
Bolstered by her companions' unrelenting onslaught, Ash continues to dance and weave, seeking openings to strike at the clumsy goblins.

5ft step to towards flank, Attack: [roll0], [roll1]

Archpaladin Zousha
2012-11-01, 04:03 PM
"Get out of melee, you fools! I can't cast combative spells if you're just going to blunder into them!"

Sorry for being unproductive, but I really, REALLY don't want to color spray my party-members' faces. :smallredface:

PeglegJim
2012-11-01, 08:37 PM
Kaseem looks a goblin dead in the eyes and draws his short sword across his neck. "I'll have your head on a pike, creature." He continues to maintain his bardic acting performance throughout.
Intimidate on goblin(to demoralize): [roll0]

+4 size intimidation bonus factored in

Inspire courage extended for another round.

Thattaman
2012-11-02, 03:40 AM
OOC: Actually Ash killed a goblin in the first post, so there's only four goblins and the chanter left.

The warchanter continues singing the song, repetatively, keeping his allies going. The other four all fight now, not taking it too seriousl and instead just fighting with torches. When Kaseem shouts at the goblin he looks at him quizickly, not understanding what he's saying, then charges at him. The other three continue their attacks on the people they're attacking.

Against Kaseem [roll0] [roll1]
Halfast [roll2] [roll3]
Riian [roll4] [roll5]
Ogo [roll6] [roll7] Plus one fire to all of them

North_Ranger
2012-11-02, 05:11 AM
"Blast it, hold still!" Halfast roars angrily at the goblin. This wasn't battle; the little runts were mocking him. Cursing in the language of his ancestors, Halfast attempts to crush the grin off the green monkey's face, then step back to let the wizardess do her thing. "Fall back!" he calls out to his comrades after the swing.

Power Attack on the goblin, then retreat ten feet.

Attack:
[roll0]

Damage:
[roll1]

PeglegJim
2012-11-02, 05:21 AM
Kaseem maintains his performance and then takes a swing with one of his short swords. Then, hearing the dwarf, he grudgingly steps back.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Move back 10 feet like dwarf. Bard song also extended for another round.

SecondRevan
2012-11-02, 05:35 AM
Riian's frustration was compensated only by the fact that the goblin was also unable to hit him. He made another attack, hoping this time that he could sink his blade into a goblin and move onto the next.

Attack Role: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Angstrom
2012-11-02, 10:58 AM
"Not likely" Ash shouts back to Max. This fight had gone on long enough.

Instead of retreating with the others, she simply steps back out of arms reach of her foe and incants a short Thassilonian verse under her breath. The embroidered images on her kapenia flash with a rainbow pattern before a burst of brilliant energy bursts from her fingertips, enveloping the goblin warchanter.
Assuming I'm clear of AoOs, 15ft cone Colour Spray, DC14 Will Save. Target as many as possible.

Cleric Cromwell
2012-11-02, 12:43 PM
Empowered by his savage strike, Ogo laughs in the goblin's face and calls back to his retreating compainions
"you lads can run if you want but i can't leave Ash to these fiends so he can get all the glory. these runts can't even scrat..."
in the middle of his rant, the goblin Ogo is facing slashes him across the chest with his crude blade, but it barely leaves a mark on Ogo's hide armor, leaving Ogo to blink in surprise.
"alright that's it you're dead you little snot!"


OOC:

attack roll plus one for the bardic performance
[roll0]
damage roll
[roll1]

Beowulf DW
2012-11-03, 12:38 AM
"Any chance that some dark god's having some fun with us, priest?" Cormag half jokes to Halfast as he loads his sling again. As much as he might want the goblins dead, he knows better than to get in the way of spells.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Firing at the Chanter again.

Thattaman
2012-11-03, 04:01 AM
Ash's Color spray hits three of the normal goblins, the one Riian was attacking, the one Halfast was attacking and the one Kaseem was attacking, it misses Ogo and his goblin who drops his torch, gets out his blade and takes another swing.

Attack on Ogo [roll0] [roll1]
The three will saves: Riian's goblin [roll2]
Halfast's goblin [roll3]
Kaseem's goblin [roll4]

SecondRevan
2012-11-03, 05:38 AM
I'm assuming my goblin is unconscious

With Ash knocking out Riian's foe, Riian used teh chance to attack another. He could deal with it later, but the swirling auras of still conscious goblins were more important. He found the nearest foe still standing and attacked.

Attack Roll: [roll0]
Damage Roll: [roll1]

PeglegJim
2012-11-03, 08:43 AM
Kaseem extends his magical performance and charges the goblin he was attacking.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Inspire Courage extended (Rounds left:3)

North_Ranger
2012-11-03, 08:55 AM
"Keep your blasphemies to yourself!" Halfast grunts to Cormag, clearly aggravated by the goblins constantly eluding Torag's righteous wrath. Roaring his war cry once more, Halfast charges into the fray.

Charge the chanter if possible (and if he's still standing). If not, the nearest gobbo. Charge and Power Attack.

[roll0] (+1 from song, -1 from Power Attack, +1 from attacking gobbos, +2 from charge)

Damage:
[roll1]

Archpaladin Zousha
2012-11-03, 12:27 PM
Maximiliana tries to maneuver herself to get the maximum amount of goblins and begins casting another spell.

Maximiliana will attempt to cast color spray.

Cleric Cromwell
2012-11-04, 11:01 AM
Feeling the bite of the goblins blade breaks Ogo out of his frenzy and brings his mind into focus. He knows he must finish this fight before it finishes him

attack roll
[roll0]
Damage roll
[roll1]

Angstrom
2012-11-05, 11:48 AM
"Better..." she murmurs as she watches the goblins collapse at her feet. Stepping forward, she wraps her kapenia around the neck of one of the goblins, and lifts the creature into the air.

After that round of attacks, it seems like all the goblins should be dead, so Ash will use her kapenia to choke one of the colour sprayed ones awake to answer for its crimes.

Thattaman
2012-11-05, 03:17 PM
All of the goblins are either dead or unconcious, so I will post something longer tomorrow, when I have more time.

Thattaman
2012-11-08, 11:43 AM
The sound of battle dims and arround you the only goblins you can see are corpses, half on fire, and almost all in a strange postition. The (thankfully) few non-goblin corpses are scattered arround as well.

"Please, someone help me!" A young nobleman calls out and you see he's surrounded by four goblins and two goblins on goblin dogs are leading the attack. The dog that was prottecting him drops dead as one of the goblins practically cracks his face in half with a smile as he licks his blade clean.

Cleric Cromwell
2012-11-08, 12:53 PM
Ogo gathers up the other goblins and brings them over to where Ash has his goblin prisoner.
"Need a hand getting a word out of him Ash?"

North_Ranger
2012-11-08, 03:16 PM
"There's time for that later! There are still people who need our help!" Halfast barks at the Ogo and turns to look at the goblins and their mangy curs swarming around the nobleman.

"HAMMER OF THE FATHER, HAMMER OF THE CLAN!" the bloodied dwarf bellows the war cry of his kind once more and charges, his hammer lifted to hammer one of the goblin riders into a green squeezebox.

Charge and power attack the nearest goblin rider.

[roll0]

And damage on a hit:
[roll1]

PeglegJim
2012-11-08, 04:35 PM
Kaseem charges a goblin riders with one of his short swords. "Where do these things keep coming from?"

[roll0]

Angstrom
2012-11-08, 08:17 PM
"Now is not the time" she states plainly as, with a twist of her kapenia, she breaks the goblin's neck.

Before the corpse hits the ground she is already running at a breakneck pace towards the cornered noble.

That's two turns worth of actions. Coup de grace on the goblin on the first turn, charge the rider Halfast is clobbering on the second. [roll0], [roll1]

Cleric Cromwell
2012-11-09, 02:01 AM
looking down at the goblin in his hands, Ogo gives a sigh and snaps its neck "well when life gives you goblins.... cut em to pieces"
Ogo heads off following Ash and Halfast, and charges into the fray

OOC
charge nearest goblin
Attack roll
[roll0]
damage roll
[roll1]

SecondRevan
2012-11-09, 04:56 AM
More goblins. Considering the chaos was, for some unknown reason, causing auras to flit about like tiny flies, having to face more was quickly becoming frustrating. It was, however, essential. Riian wasn't going to ignore the helpless. "Wow, more of them. Almost makes me wish I was a brutish thug so i could enjoy it" Riian said, as he charged towards another goblin.

Attack roll (charge): [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Thattaman
2012-11-11, 03:52 PM
Halfast smashes the skull of one of the goblin riders, as Riian cuts through yet another goblin on foot. The man looks up in hope, just to turn it away as the other goblins circel defensively around, him teeth bared. The other rider rides out of combat and shoots at Riian. The mount of the rider that Halfast killed bites the Dwarven paladin.

Rider: [roll0] [roll1]
Dog [roll2] [roll3]
If it hits, make a DC12 fort save

North_Ranger
2012-11-11, 03:59 PM
Halfast howls in pain as the foul-smelling canine thing sinks its teeth into his thigh. "Down, you thrice-cursed mongrel!" he curses and smashes his hammer into the goblin dog's spine.

Power attack the puppy!

[roll0]

And damage...

[roll1]

And the Fort save:
[roll2]

After the blow, the bleeding dwarf attempts to disengage from the battle, feeling his strength failing him as blood slides down his leg...

Retreat towards the healer. Medic, please! I'm down to 4 hit points here...

Beowulf DW
2012-11-11, 09:58 PM
Cormag tries to step in front of the dwarf, battle axe at the ready.

I 'm trying to get Cormag between the paladin and anything that wants to kill him. If the dog's still alive, Cormag will try to kill it. If not, he'll attack the nearest goblin.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage:[roll1]

Beowulf DW
2012-11-11, 10:01 PM
Well...Rolling to confirm:
Attack:[roll0]

Extra damage:[roll1]

PeglegJim
2012-11-12, 08:33 AM
Kaseem noticed the dwarf limping in his general direction, so he mended the dwarf's wounds with magic. He wouldn't make a very good business partner dead after all. "Now, I won't be able to heal for a while. The battle must end here. You understand?"



Cure Light Wounds: [roll0]

Think I'm the only healer for now. At least until the paladin or maybe the oracle get some new stuff or until we can shell out for a healing wand

Kaseem then handed the dwarf his crossbow and a fistfull of bolts (7 bolts). "Here, use this. I'll be expecting these back when this is over mind you."

Cleric Cromwell
2012-11-12, 12:39 PM
Ogo focus his attentions on the goblin at hand hammering his with frustrated strikes, hoping to force an opening

OOC
attacks goblin at hand
attack roll
[roll0]
damage roll
[roll1]

Thattaman
2012-11-12, 12:45 PM
The combined force of Halfast and Cormag kills the goblin dog, and Ogo cuts through another goblin; leaving only two goblins and a mounted commando.

North_Ranger
2012-11-12, 01:56 PM
Perhaps it is the clearing of senses that follows Kaseem's healing, or maybe the Father of Creation decided to throw a proverbial rope to His faithful servant, but as Halfast soaks in the Kele****e man's healing, his eyes notice a familiar glimmer at the belt of the dead commando. Something that looks like a vial of healing potion...

"Ogo! Cormag! Cover me!" Halfast yells as he runs in, snatching the bottle from the dead goblin's belt. It is a split second decision, but Halfast decides to throw his fate into the Father's hands, and drinks the potion's contents.

PeglegJim
2012-11-12, 03:18 PM
Kaseem focuses and charges the closest goblin on foot with his short sword.

PeglegJim
2012-11-12, 03:30 PM
[roll0]

[roll1]

Sorry, just learned that goblin was too far away to full attack, so I erased some rolls.

Cleric Cromwell
2012-11-12, 04:18 PM
"Have no fear dwarf, no gobos getting you whilst i still draw breath."
Ogo move forward, flicking blood off his sword, keeping himself between Halfast and the offending goblins. Ogo begins to scream and curse at the goblins, banging his shield, roaring at them
"you call that a mount, my horse leaves dung more suitable for riding, how many more goblins do you think it will take to bring me down eh? i don't think there are enough in all the lands and all the dreams and nightmares you puny scum!"

OOC:
move forward to defend Halfast
intimidates nearest goblin
intimidation roll
[roll0]

SecondRevan
2012-11-13, 06:03 AM
Riian continues his attack at the nearest goblin.

attack roll: [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Thattaman
2012-11-13, 11:34 AM
The goblin commando that Ogo insulted does not understand what he just said, but takes it as an insult and shoots straight at him. Riian cuts down another goblin until only one is remaining who slices at him.

Shot at Ogo [roll0] [roll1]
Attack on Riian [roll2] [roll3]

North_Ranger
2012-11-13, 11:51 AM
OOC:
How many hit points did Halfast get back from that potion? Or did he just grow wings or turn into a Welshman? :smalltongue:

Thattaman
2012-11-13, 12:16 PM
OOC:
How many hit points did Halfast get back from that potion? Or did he just grow wings or turn into a Welshman? :smalltongue:

Normal for a potion of cure moderate wounds: 2d8+3

North_Ranger
2012-11-13, 01:44 PM
Let's see, then...



Feeling the surge of healing energies rushing through him, Halfast was like a new dwarf. Throwing the emptied vial down he picked up his hammer again and eyed the goblin who had dared to hurt the blind man. "Right. Let's finish this!" the newly revitalized dwarf bellowed and swung his hammer in a wide arc, intent on seeing how far he could make the goblin fly.

Hey kids, do you know what time it is?
POWER ATTACK TIME!

[roll]1d20+3

Damage:
1d8+4

North_Ranger
2012-11-13, 01:50 PM
Huh... That's weird. It didn't work. Let's try again.

[roll0]

Damage:
[roll1]

PeglegJim
2012-11-13, 04:20 PM
Kaseem started up another bardic performance. He then marched towards the nearest goblin with both swords drawn, daring the creature to strike him.
Inspire courage activated again.

Angstrom
2012-11-14, 01:10 AM
Such bravado Ash thinks to herself as her kapenia rises and falls, sending splashes of goblin blood spraying rhythmically from her foes. Stop and talk when the man is safe

Charge another goblin. [roll0], [roll1]

Archpaladin Zousha
2012-11-15, 12:11 AM
Maximiliana scowls.

"I don't have any spells that can hurt things left!"

SecondRevan
2012-11-15, 04:15 AM
Riian grunted in pain as the arrow hit him, suppressing the urge to scream in pain. He was already scanning for the nearest aura, and as soon as the familiar swirls of goblin essence appeared, he moved towards it and launched another attack, his blade bolstered by Kaseem's music

Attcak nearest goblin
Attack Roll: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

PeglegJim
2012-11-15, 07:37 AM
:smallfurious: It's not music it's a performance

Cleric Cromwell
2012-11-15, 12:34 PM
Ogo raises his shield just in time to hear the missile clink off it
"The gods are smiling on me now, which is good for me but bad for you gobo."

feeling invigorated by his good fortune and inspired by kaseem's performance, Ogo rushes at the goblin who tried to shoot him, leveling a massive swing at him

OOC:
charge the goblin who is attacking me from range
attack roll+charge+ inspiration
[roll0]
damage roll
[roll1]

Thattaman
2012-11-16, 05:33 PM
Riian kills the last goblin, leaving just the comando left, who gets a sharp blade stuck to the end of a stick, he stabs Ogo with it, as his mount bites.

Beowulf DW
2012-11-16, 05:36 PM
Cormag moves in with Ogo, whirling his great axe over his head before bringing towards a goblin.


Keep in mind, I'm not charging, just moving towards the goblins

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

North_Ranger
2012-11-16, 05:41 PM
"Oy, doggy! You shut your yap!" Halfast grunts at the snarling beastie, and smashes his hammer to the beast's face, intent on sending its teeth and half the snout down the mangy cur's throat.

Power attack!

[roll0]

Damage:
[roll1]

Angstrom
2012-11-16, 05:50 PM
Leaping forward, Ash slashes at the dog with her kapenia. Determined to put the beast down.

Charge: [roll0], [roll1]

PeglegJim
2012-11-16, 06:19 PM
Kaseem takes a deep breath, extends his performance, and charges the goblin dog.

Attack+performance+charge: [roll0]
Damage +performance: [roll]1d6+2[/roll}

PeglegJim
2012-11-16, 06:21 PM
Damage: [roll0]

Cleric Cromwell
2012-11-17, 12:31 AM
Seeing the battle is over, Ogo sheaths his sword and flexs his wrist, his kukri sliding into his hand from his spring loaded wrist sheath. he walks over to the corpse of the war-chanter, steps on his chest with one foot and pushes back on his upper jaw with the other, then takes hold of its vile tongue and slices it off at the root with the kukri.
"there'll be no more songs out of this one i think, vile little imp."
Ogo then rushes to the man the goblins were harassing, tucking the tongue into a pouch and picking the man up and putting him back on his feet
"there now, that should be all of them. they hurt you at all? stay with me, i'll keep you safe, whats your name by the way?"
Ogo reloads his wrist sheath and scans the area for more foes

Archpaladin Zousha
2012-11-17, 01:17 AM
Maximiliana approaches the others as the battle ends.

"Frustrating. For all my mystical insight I barely managed to be more than useless in this."

Thattaman
2012-11-17, 03:47 AM
The last goblin and dog, drops dead and the nobleman gets up with a huge sigh. "My name is Aldern Foxglove of Foxglove manor, I can't thank you people enough, you are true heroes to me. If I can make it up to you somehow, just ask, I will be staying in Sanpoint for three days, so please do come visit me in the Rusty Dragon. Once again, thank you." You look around and the whole town square is filled with dead goblins and a few humans. The fight is over. Ameiko Kajitsu approaches you later in the day and offers room and board in the Rusty Dragon for free, for a week to show how greatful Sandpoint is.

OK, time jump to tomorrow morning, you've got a while to just hang around in Sandpoint. I heartily encourage you to explore and see if you find any people you like.

North_Ranger
2012-11-17, 06:01 AM
"Most kind of you both, Master Foxglove, Mistress Kajitsu... I'm certain we'll take you up on those offers. But first things first", Halfast answered as he cleaned up his hammer and stuck it in its belt loop again. "Let's get rid of these corpses before they start festering. Ogo, Cormag, care to lend me a hand and clear these runts of anything of value? And if the lady Maximiliana isn't too worried about getting her hands dirty, she might check if that chanter had anything magical with him. After that, we can all relax with a good bath, a prayer and enough beer and tea to drown an ogre."

OOC:
Time to loot the corpses! :smallbiggrin:

PeglegJim
2012-11-17, 11:03 AM
Kaseem loots on all the corpses for anything of value, while continuing to drink the wine he had from before. Afterwards he goes to look around for make some quick gold.

Thattaman
2012-11-17, 02:01 PM
None of the goblin carry any gold and the only weapons you can find are crudely made ones. But on the comando's you find two potions of CMW and three CLW. Also one had a masterwork shortbow and you also find some +1 leather armour (for small size only)

Archpaladin Zousha
2012-11-17, 02:08 PM
Maximiliana glowers at the implication that she's too delicate to do an adventurer's work, and starts rifling through the chanter's gear in earnest.

Angstrom
2012-11-17, 04:06 PM
With the last of the goblins slain, Ash stands with her head cocked to one side. Her bloody scarf held limp in her hands, she waits for her heart to stop racing. Now that the violence is over she has a chance to reflect on that chaotic burst of madness that overtook this quiet little town so completely.

"This is attack was planned. The goblins were coordinated. They knew about Father Zantus's thunderstone and went straight for the fuel. These goblins were organized, and Sandpoint has paid dearly for it."

The look on A'Shanna's face is grim, as she folds her kapenia. Her eyes scan the carnage for a sign of the sheriff or the mayor, but instead fix upon a single swallowtail butterfly as is floats towards her on the breeze. When the tiny insect lands on her shoulder her eyes widen with shock. Desna had been watching over her this day. So much killing, yet here she stood completely unscathed. The Song of the Spheres was with her.

Cleric Cromwell
2012-11-18, 03:51 AM
"I have to see to cindermane, there's no tellign what those little blighters did to my horse!!"
Ogo sprints off to check on his beloved horse

North_Ranger
2012-11-18, 09:33 AM
If no one objects, Halfast is the first to pick up the potions and the shortbow for keeping, as well as suggesting that they take the finely-crafted piece of leather armor (maybe it was made by halflings or gnomes?), sell it and split the proceedings. He suggests that everyone try and find out what happened, see what they can do... and then meet at the Rusty Dragon in the evening to decide what to do.

"Our scarf-dancer has the right of it. This isn't typical goblin behavior. Too brazen, too organized. Best we put our heads together and see what we can find out, lest there be more a-coming tomorrow."

After all that and seeing that the goblins and their dogs are burnt to prevent disease, Halfast seeks out either the sheriff or the priest to see if he can't find out more about the goblin activity around Sandpoint.

PeglegJim
2012-11-18, 11:09 AM
Kaseem sidles up to the dwarf the second he sees something desirable in the pile of treasures he scrounged.
"Dwarf, if you give me that bow, I'm sure I could put it to good use if more goblins come. Not only that, I'll help with selling the armor. I have had some experience in the arms trade. I lived with my cousin who has sold weapons for years.We'll split the profit of course. What do you say?"

Archpaladin Zousha
2012-11-18, 03:03 PM
Finding nothing of consequence compared with the others, Maximiliana takes a look at the man they saved. She can almost immediately tell he's a noble like her.

"You're not injured, are you sirrah?"

North_Ranger
2012-11-18, 03:11 PM
Kaseem sidles up to the dwarf the second he sees something desirable in the pile of treasures he scrounged.
"Dwarf, if you give me that bow, I'm sure I could put it to good use if more goblins come. Not only that, I'll help with selling the armor. I have had some experience in the arms trade. I lived with my cousin who has sold weapons for years.We'll split the profit of course. What do you say?"

"Halfast", the dwarf says as he looks up at the bard. "The name's Halfast. Not 'dwarf'. Unless you want me going around calling you 'human'", the stout paladin continues with a wide grin. "And please, if you think you're a good hand with it, go on and put it to good use."

With that, the dwarf unfastens the bow and its leather quiver from his shoulder, offering them to Kaseem. "And I say you got yourself a deal."

PeglegJim
2012-11-19, 01:24 PM
Kaseem nodded, and took the bow and armor. He immediately set out to find a place that looked like it was willing and able to buy the armor. He began formulating a sales pitch in his head.

Cleric Cromwell
2012-11-19, 01:59 PM
Ogo rides up on a black courser, lean but clearly well taken care of, with a black mane streaked with red, barded with dark red leather, a 12 foot long lance, with black and white horse tails streaming from its steel tip, strapped to a tall military saddle.

"Gods it good to be back in the saddle. Halfast, when you two lads are done selling that glove we can talk about how those goblins were too....oh thats what you were talking about... what do you suppose they were after? i have a feeling there is more going on here than there seems, we should investigate."

Beowulf DW
2012-11-19, 07:36 PM
"No one mentioned uppity goblin tribes in the vicinity, Ogo. If raids like this happened on a regular basis they'd have a dedicated guard force. Something must have riled them up." says Cormag as he wanders across the battle field.

Thattaman
2012-11-20, 01:54 PM
Kaseem finds a tannery shop to the north of Sandpoint named 'Ravamky Tannery', inside a middle-aged man dressed in extravagant leather armour sees you and smiles. "Is that one of Sandpoint's newest heroes I see?"

North_Ranger
2012-11-20, 01:57 PM
"I think he's talking about me", Halfast japes at the leatherworker's words, grinning at Kaseem.

Thattaman
2012-11-20, 02:33 PM
"Oh, no, you are both local heroes in my opinion, what is it I can do for you today?"

PeglegJim
2012-11-20, 11:43 PM
Kaseem laid the armor on the desk. "Well we were wondering if you would be interested in buying this armor. It's high quality, possibly of gnomish or halfling design. Perfect for any adventurer, soldier or hunter this size. It'd save you from a possibly embarrassing situation in which you have to deal with non-human customers I might add."

Diplomacy: [roll0]

SecondRevan
2012-11-21, 05:45 AM
"If something riled them up, I want to investigate. Kind of what I do round here, since I'm too much of a coward to do anything scary like the boredom of a real job. If anyone wants to help...

Cleric Cromwell
2012-11-21, 04:08 PM
"Well, while Halfast and Kaseem are selling that child's armor why don't you, Cromag and myself go talk to the sheriff. Unless anyone else wants to come with us?

Thattaman
2012-11-22, 11:19 AM
Larz Rovanky amdires the amrour "Well, this is nice quality armour that I myself once made, but I remember having it stolen by some scarzni. However, it wasn't enchanted back then. This has a crude enchantment on it, and goblins have obviously worn it since. I'll pay you 600 gp peices for it. It was originally worth more, but because of the scratch marks and the bad enchantment, I'll have to go low."

PeglegJim
2012-11-22, 11:30 AM
"Sounds reasonable. We'll take it." Kaseem shakes the man's hand, takes the gold and counts it up. He turns to Halfast "So, how do you think we should split this."

Kaseem takes a cut of 120 gold, leaving the other 480 for Halfast to distribute.
"Perhaps later we will pool resources. I figure we can come up with a better way to split it up later, but for now I have things I must do." He says as he goes to a shop where he can get some arrows.

SecondRevan
2012-11-22, 05:31 PM
"Let's go see the sheriff, then"

Thattaman
2012-11-26, 11:43 AM
When you go to the town hall, the Sherrif is sat there with another shoanti-a jailer. When he sees you he smiles and gets up to greet you. "And to what do I owe the pleasure?"

Cleric Cromwell
2012-11-26, 12:10 PM
"we were curious if you had any leads on why the goblins attacked, from what i've gathered they aren't that common in these parts"

North_Ranger
2012-11-26, 02:49 PM
Seeing that the two half-orcs, the blind man, the wizardess and the dancer are nowhere in the general vicinity, Halfast tugs the purse string tight and pushes the leather purse inside his armor, to keep it away from any would-be cutpurse. He will split the gold with them after he has had a talk with the local priest, to see if he knows what the blazes is wrong with the local goblins.

Walking towards the cathedral, however, he starts counting. The young man took a hundred and twenty... and there's six of the rest of them. "Why, that too-tall scoundrel", the dwarf growls as he suddenly realizes that the Kelesh man had pulled a fast one on him. It's a token sum of gold, but it's the principle that counts. Turning on his heels, the dwarf marches back towards where he and Kaseem walked their different ways, trying to find the young man...

PeglegJim
2012-11-26, 03:43 PM
After running off to purchase a fistfull of arrows(15) from the local smith, Kaseem immediately heads to the Rusty Dragon to get drunk off cheap wine. Kaseem planned to get the most fun possible with his share of the gold now that he was done with business and saw little point in investigating further. He rocks back and forth on his stool with a cup of wine in his hand. He raises his wine cup in the air "To the defeat of the goblin horde! Long live Sandpoint!" He proclaims.

North_Ranger
2012-11-26, 03:57 PM
The inn's door opened just at the moment when Kaseem was making his toast. The dwarven paladin grinned, the sweat on his brow making him glisten as he stood like a scaled statue in the doorway.

"Aye... Long live Sandpoint!" he called out, smiling widely as he walked steadily towards the cheerful young man. "I think you and I need to have words, friend. Regarding your knowledge of mathematics, in particular." As he spoke, he loosened his hammer on his belt, staring the young man right in the eye.

"You do know your numbers, don't you, young man?" the dwarf spoke as he climbed on the table, his tone of voice calm, almost fatherly as he unhooked his hammer and placed it business end downwards on the table, his hand on the pommel. "What's six-hundred divided by seven?"

PeglegJim
2012-11-26, 04:04 PM
Kaseem took a swig of the wine. "I was forced to leave school three years ago, Halfast. What are you getting at? If it's about my finder's fee, you're welcome to one too. What the others don't know won't hurt them." He says with a laugh while getting his left hand ready for a Daze spell underneath the table.

North_Ranger
2012-11-26, 05:57 PM
"I don't mind a finder's fee, friend Kaseem. I do, however, like to be in the know when I'm paying one", Halfast spoke calmly, staring the young man down. "The Father of Creation frowns upon thieves. But he is more lenient towards young men who simply miscount. In the latter case, such errors are forgiven when amends are made. In the former case... well, there's a reason why there are so few repeat offenders in Janderhoff."

"Which one are you, friend Kaseem?" the dwarf asked, his hand tightening around the handle of his hammer, his left fist clenching the straps of his shield. There was no malice in his voice, but clearly he was not going to back down. "I truly hope you are what I hope you are. There's been enough fighting today."

Ready action: hit Kaseem for non-lethal damage (that's a -4 to the attack, yes?) if he does something stupid like try to attack. Also known as "beating some sense into him" :smalltongue:

PeglegJim
2012-11-26, 06:42 PM
Kaseem smirks and leans forward. "That a threat, dwarven one? You're in human lands now. Things work differently here." He warns. "Our verbal contract stipulated that we would split the gold. It didn't specify anything about what the others would get. What do you want anyway? You have 4 times my share of the gold. Figure something out. Give it to the town to rebuild."

Kaseem eyes the exit and prepares to stun the dwarf and make a run for it if he has to. Even though he would just continue drinking.

Kaseem's readied a daze spell and is probably going to make a run for it after he casts it, whether it's successful or not if he feels threatened. He'd prefer not to kill someone he's personally healed.

Also, I'm open to other people intervening if necessary to keep these two from causing too much of a scene lol

North_Ranger
2012-11-26, 07:13 PM
"I only want what's fair. For you, for me and for our comrades-in-arms", Halfast spoke, not breaking the eye contact, not even for a second. "And I make no threats. I trust the good sheriff of this township has more than enough to do than deal with a matter of equitable division of spoils."

"Give it back to the township? A wonderful idea. Perhaps I should offer a bounty to whomever beats the extra coin out of you", the dwarf chuckled, looking around in the inn. "I'm sure there's one or two good men here who could do that. One or two. Or three. Or ten."

"But like I said... there's been enough fighting today, and I like you, young man. So I make you a deal: I will get the others here as well, and you will kindly offer to pay for our lodging for the night, and we shall talk of counting coins no more. Heck, I will buy the next round so we can drink to that. What say you, friend Kaseem?"

PeglegJim
2012-11-26, 07:26 PM
Kaseem frowns and stares into the bottom of his empty wine cup "Have you suffered a blow to the head today Halfast? The Tien woman said room and board is on the town. I suppose that's what we get for playing hero" He says smugly. "However, I propose an alternate deal." He takes 36 gold out of his pocket and lays it on the table. "I will use this 36 gold for any miscellaneous gear the group needs. Be it rations or camping equipment. In return I can keep drinking here as much as I please and you don't tell the others about this."

North_Ranger
2012-11-27, 12:42 AM
"No, but I do recall taking a bite from that damn goblin dog", Halfast chuckled as he released his hold on the hammer to scratch his chest. Gods, why was he feeling so damn itchy? "But I accept your offer. Mistress Kajitsu!" the dwarf then bellowed. "Wine for me and my friend, if you please. My treat."

With that, the dwarf climbed off the table, placed his shield against the wall and sat down. Off came the lobstered gauntlets and the polished dwarven helmet and scale coif. Underneath it all Halfast looked almost young, with his short-cropped hair the colour of grain ripe for harvest. Even his beard was short and neatly trimmed, his moustache barely a whisker or two on his upper lip.

"I suppose I should say this. I meant no disrespect with what I said. It is simply a matter of setting things straight."

PeglegJim
2012-11-27, 03:21 PM
Kaseem shrugged. "Business. I don't take it personally. I could have used the money, but I'm fine as long as I got my drink and I can focus on getting some gold together for...whatever I do next. Instead of some foolish goose chase hinging on 'gut feelings'. I'll probably stay here a while longer than I would have originally because of the free lodging. It's strange. One day you're fleeing for your life, the next day you shoot some smelly goblin in the head and the town is grateful enough to provide for you. Either way I guess it's been a good business venture."

He continued to drink his wine.

SecondRevan
2012-11-28, 05:17 AM
"We all wish to continue helping Sandspoint, in any way we can" Riian said to the sheriff.

Thattaman
2012-11-28, 12:03 PM
The Sherrif
"Actually there is one thing that you could help with. I have a small reason of why the goblins may have come, you see while we were fighting off the goblins, someone or something stole the body of our late high preist from when the church burnt down five years ago. Come, I'll show you to check it out."

Aldern Foxglove
"No I am not injurred, thank you ma'am for checking on me. I have to thank you and your group of adventurers again, you saved my life and I must thank you properly."

Cleric Cromwell
2012-11-28, 01:03 PM
"Forgive me for being blunt but if the goblins have his body they probably ate him, their chieftain is probably wearing his teeth as a necklace. but this does seem to targeted for a raid, did the old priest have any enemies? or magic items of considerable value on his corpse that someone would want to take his body? have any other bodies disappeared lately?"

North_Ranger
2012-11-29, 03:53 PM
"Torag provides opportunities for those wise enough to see them", Halfast answers as he picks up his wine and drinks half of it. "And I fear there is still more killing to be done in the days ahead. On that note, I intend to visit the cathedral to hear if my Desnan colleague knows something about the goblins' intentions - it seems they were planning to do damage to the church. Perhaps you would be interested in coming along?

PeglegJim
2012-11-29, 09:45 PM
Kaseem shrugs "I think the Desnan is paranoid. And even if she's right, she's unwilling or unable to relax after a fight. Neither a good sign; however it could be a good opportunity to tour this town, and see what the big fuss is about. Perhaps I may learn something new." Kaseem orders a bottle of wine and puts it in his bag.

North_Ranger
2012-11-30, 04:55 AM
"I was talking about the local clergyman", Halfast says as he picks up his shield, mounting it on his back. After paying for his wine, he walks outside and then turns towards the cathedral, walking towards this sanctuary in his own brisk pace.

PeglegJim
2012-11-30, 07:42 AM
"Bah, this town is full of Desnans. You might as well have said 'the human' or some such." says Kaseem while following along at a lazy pace. "Perhaps I could make an adventure of visiting a church of all the greater deities. That could be interesting. I suppose I got Nethys and Sarenrae. And then I'd get Desna and then I'd have 17 more. Belief sure is fascinating."

Archpaladin Zousha
2012-12-01, 12:47 AM
Aldern Foxglove
"No I am not injurred, thank you ma'am for checking on me. I have to thank you and your group of adventurers again, you saved my life and I must thank you properly."
"No need for thanks, sirrah. I take it from your attire that you, like me, aren't a local. Might I have your name?"

Thattaman
2012-12-01, 05:11 AM
Sherrif
Belor Hemlock leads you to the Cathedral as he talks "This is the first attack on Sandpoint for years and no other bodies have been stolen, the only thing that worries me is the aura of necromancy maigc around the grave. More than just the natural aura of the dead."

Aldern
"My name's Aldern Foxglove, of Foglove manor, and no I amd not a local, what is your name?

Archpaladin Zousha
2012-12-01, 01:09 PM
"Maximiliana, scion of the beautiful city of Korvosa. It is both an honor, and a pleasure, Lord Foxglove," she replies with a smile.

North_Ranger
2012-12-01, 01:33 PM
Halfast frowned at the young man's words. "You speak very... casually of matters divine. Are you not worried of what awaits you in the Boneyard? Or are you... ah, looking for your path?" he asked as he kept walking, the Sandpoint cathedral his destination.

PeglegJim
2012-12-01, 10:13 PM
Kaseem shakes his head. "No I'm not concerned about what awaits me after death; however I am always looking for new paths. I want to keep an open mind and experience many things in life, so I don't have regrets upon death. But why speculate about anything so grim?" He pulled out the wine bottle as he approached the church and uncorked it and took a sip. "We've survived . We've saved the town. It should be a time of leisure and planning future endeavors. That's what I think. Don't bring up death. I knew my lifespan was going to be short and my soul was probably doomed when I was cast out of my homeland." He says with a laugh as if he's joking--even if there was a small amount of truth to some of it.

"But like I said, new experiences. So....detective work. That's an experience. So is going to a church of Desna." He says, trying to change the subject lest his words provoke an unpleasant reaction with the paladin.

North_Ranger
2012-12-03, 11:37 AM
"True, true. But Torag does preach eternal vigilance in service of one's kith and kin. The threat is over for now, but one must not be deceived. I fear that this peace shall be tragically short-lived", Halfast remarked as he climbed the steps of the cathedral. Taking off his helmet, he placed his armored fist against the heavy door and pushed, wondering if the priest had decided to barricade inside his new place of worship...

Cleric Cromwell
2012-12-03, 03:38 PM
Ogo listens intently, but frowns as the talk turns to magic
"alas i have no talent for magic, but perhaps my blind friend here could have a crack at it, he has a knack with auras, something far beyond my ability. or i could find our our dear miss Maximiliana as she has some grasp of the wizarding ways."

Beowulf DW
2012-12-03, 11:13 PM
Cormag sighs with impatience and makes a beeline for the nearest tavern. "My day's not complete without a post-battle ale," he mutters to no one in particular as he stalks off.

SecondRevan
2012-12-06, 05:30 AM
"Yes, let's have a look a closer look at the aura" His vision didn't naturally reveal magic, but it was an effortless action to adjust his vision. Just like adjusting one's vision to something far away, as he remembered from his times before he was blind.

Cast detect magic and look around

Thattaman
2012-12-06, 10:40 AM
You can see a faint aura of necromancy in the tomb that has obviously been desecrated.

Aldern Foxglove
"A pleasure to meet you as well Miss. Maximilia. But although I have never been to Korvosa itself, I have heard talk of it from Magnimaar and it doesn't sound like the nicest of places."

PeglegJim
2012-12-06, 11:01 AM
"Hey priest!" Kaseem yells. "We're here to talk to you about.....something." He says taking a swig of wine. "Also I thought it would be nice to know a little about Desna. Since I'm new to this region. "

Thattaman
2012-12-06, 11:06 AM
"Oh, is this another two members of your group?" Says Abstalar Zantus "It would be a pleasure to speak to you about it, but we have other matters on hand. Please go see the good sheriff Hemlock over there."

Archpaladin Zousha
2012-12-06, 04:49 PM
You can see a faint aura of necromancy in the tomb that has obviously been desecrated.

Aldern Foxglove
"A pleasure to meet you as well Miss. Maximilia. But although I have never been to Korvosa itself, I have heard talk of it from Magnimaar and it doesn't sound like the nicest of places."
"Jealousy and lies, milord. Jealousy and lies. Korvosa's truly a beacon of civilization and prosperity in this wild and rugged land. I myself was a student at the Acadamae, a school for the magic arts famed the world over."

Cleric Cromwell
2012-12-07, 12:52 PM
Hearing Kaseem talking to the priest, Ogo waves Kaseem and Halfast over to their group
"i see you've sold that glove, how many coppers did we scrape together? someone's niped the high preist's body and the stink of necromancy is in the air."
turning back to address the sherif
"Who could have done this? Is this area home to an wizards or cults that would raise the dead? are there any other clues or things out of place that would give us something to go on?"

Ogo takes a look around searching for clues
OOC:

perception check
[roll0]
gods my perception is weak

PeglegJim
2012-12-07, 01:30 PM
Perception: [roll0]

North_Ranger
2012-12-07, 04:41 PM
Halfast nods to Father Zantus as he and Kaseem join the pair of half-orcs at the empty grave. Ogo's words, however, make the young paladin frown and spit out a curse in Dwarven.

"Foul magic... That is the last thing we need in here", the dwarf mutters as he walks closer to the tomb. "As for the armor... Yes, we have sold it. I have your cut with me. But first, there is something I must see." He whispers something in Dwarven, closing his eyes for a moment. When he opens them again, his pale eyes have taken on a golden hue, a slight metallic shimmer touching his eyebrows and cheekbones as he studies the site before him.

You guessed it... Detect Evil!

Thattaman
2012-12-08, 03:24 AM
Kaseem can see six goblin footprints leading towards the tomb as well as one human set of foot prints. You can tell that they left and entered by climbing over the city wall, which means they must have had a ladder of some saught. There is an aura of evil around the tomb and you can make out two evil creatures inside it.

Sheriff
"There is no knowledge of an evil cult nearby, the only things that ever trouble Sandpoint is the occasional goblin tribe-nothing like what we've seen today-and the scarzni, but I'm sure they couldn't be behind this."

Aldern Foxglove
"That may be true, as I say, I've only heard rumours but what I've heard of the prestigious Acadamae has impressed me, what is that secretive school all about then?"

SecondRevan
2012-12-08, 05:06 AM
"Can't see any magic except for the expected necromancy. Anyone else see anything of use?"

North_Ranger
2012-12-08, 06:26 AM
"I do", Halfast growls as he puts his helmet on, his metallic eyes still glowing as he watches the tomb. "There's something moving inside that sepulcher. Something evil", he continues, each word as hard as steel. He straps on his shield and pulls out his hammer.

Okay, I'm going to need some descriptions. Is the tomb like an open sarcophagus or a mausoleum that you can walk into?

PeglegJim
2012-12-08, 09:03 AM
"I see footprints. 6 goblin footprints. One human. Looks like they used a ladder to get over the city wall. Maybe there is something behind this after all." Kaseem said dejectedly.

Archpaladin Zousha
2012-12-08, 02:13 PM
"It's hardly secretive, Lord Foxglove. It IS, beyond a doubt, the most prestigious center for magical education in Varisia. Only the schools of Egorian and Absalom can compare! Though the curriculum places a strong emphasis on conjuration, almost any mage can gain the basics there they need to excel in almost anything. I myself am more interested in studying the Thassilonian methods. That's actually what brought me here to Sandpoint. Master Brodert Quink is one of the region's foremost experts on that ancient empire's lore, and consulting with him has been invaluable to my understanding of Thassilon and the magic that shaped it."

Cleric Cromwell
2012-12-09, 05:13 PM
Ogo straps on his shield and draws his scimitar while lining up next to Halfast
"first we clear this up, then we go over the wall"
ooc

i should be able to see in since i have dark vision, anything of note?

Cleric Cromwell
2012-12-10, 01:45 PM
ooc
i guess i'll throw in a perception check for the hell of it
[roll0]

Thattaman
2012-12-11, 12:32 PM
You see the crypt filled with decorated graves all of which obviously contain the bodies of important members of the clergy. None of the graves have been touched for years except for the one which houses the previous high priest. The air is stale and has not been interfered with for at least five years. The grave that contained the high priest has been desecrated in horrible ways, the door has been knocked down and put back hastily with the ancient stone around it crumbling to pieces.

Aldern Foxglove
"Well, I wish you luck with discovering any ancient Thassilonion secrets or artifacts but for now, I must rest. It has been an honour meeting you. Farewell."

North_Ranger
2012-12-11, 03:23 PM
Halfast puts his shield forward and pulls his right arm back, the short-shafted hammer held at ready. The sword tied to his back remains in its scabbard, as the young dwarf fears there may be some manner of undead hiding within the crypt.

"Be at your guard, friends", he whispers as he walks steadily forward, his senses heightened, his muscles prepared to deliver Father's justice at the point of a hammer.

Maintain Detect Evil and move towards the source of evil. If readied action is allowed, then ready to hit the first hostile that comes within range.

Cleric Cromwell
2012-12-11, 04:51 PM
"Into the breach, isn't that how they say it"

Ogo stays on Halfast's shoulder, giving the air a few playful slashes with his scimitar

PeglegJim
2012-12-11, 05:04 PM
Kaseem yawns loudly and takes a step back. He gets his bow out though.

Beowulf DW
2012-12-12, 11:17 PM
After a good few mugs of ale, Cormag decides to venture out once again, thinking that the warriors he met earlier must have found something interesting if they haven't come to the tavern.

"Hey! Anyone see where the dwarf and the guy that looks like me went?" Cormag asks passersby.

Angstrom
2012-12-12, 11:41 PM
"I'm looking for them too, brother. Word is they've been selling gear taken from the bodies of goblins. Doesn't seem right to me. Any money made should go towards helping the families of the victims."

A'Shanna walks down the street towards Cormag. Though dark stains of goblin blood still foul her shawl and skirts, her scarf is clean and bright once more. A metal plate, no bigger than a playing card, gleams in the setting sun as she approaches. Etched into the steel of this new addition is a pattern of Swallowtail Butterflies arranged into a star pattern. "Alma Avertin at Sandpoint Savories said she saw them heading towards the church earlier. I'm headed there now should you wish to join me."

Thattaman
2012-12-13, 06:45 AM
I'm assuming that Halfast opened the grave with the evil aura.
As you pull open the grave, you can't see the body of Ezakien Tobyn-the previous high preist, but instead three other bodies are there. Three human skeletons are lay in his place. One stands up and slices at Halfast with a broken blade.

Attack [roll0] [roll1]

PeglegJim
2012-12-13, 10:12 AM
Kaseem pulls out his mace, takes a step forward and strikes at the skeleton.

attack: [roll0]

damage: [roll1]

North_Ranger
2012-12-13, 04:23 PM
Halfast's shield takes the blow more than easily, the broken blade leaving little more than a kitten's scratch in the fine Janderhoff steel.

"Watch out, lads! We've got us some undead in here!" the dwarf calls out and joins Kaseem in bashing the skeleton. The heavy mace swings, aimed at the undead monster's spinal column.

Attack: [roll0]

Damage: [roll1]

Beowulf DW
2012-12-13, 07:28 PM
"Of course I wish to join you! To the church!" declares Cormag, uncharacteristically enthusiastic after his ale.

Archpaladin Zousha
2012-12-13, 07:40 PM
Aldern Foxglove
"Well, I wish you luck with discovering any ancient Thassilonion secrets or artifacts but for now, I must rest. It has been an honour meeting you. Farewell."
"Farewell milord. May we meet again in less troubling times."

Maximiliana looks for the others, wondering where they got to.