PDA

View Full Version : AVB - Aldhaven City Streets

Pages : [1] 2

Rizban
2012-10-18, 02:11 PM
Aldhaven City Streets

One of the main thoroughfares of Aldhaven is Mastiff's Road. It is currently filled with all manner of people, though few seem to stand out to you. The Plaza, arguably the center of the city, sits right in the center of the flow of life through the city, where Midtown meets Old Town. To the north is Old Town and the Nobles' Quarter; to the south and east is The Market. Guildsmen District, to the northeast, is where most of the hard work of the city is done; to the west is the Temple District and Mages' Quarter. Far to the north, on the other side of the river, is The Docks and a clustering of housing for the poor which can be described only as Slums.

Here you stand in the heart of the city, watching people come and go, functioning as the very lifeblood of the city. The most prominent building in the area is a three-story inn named The Sad Flint. It is known as the place to be for relaxing adventurers and those seeking a good story, a good drink, or a good night's rest. Across the Plaza from The Sad Flint is Ezekiel's Supplies, one of two major suppliers of adventuring and exploration gear in the city. Numerous other shops line the sides of The Plaza, including a music shop named The Howling Song, Jim Juewliers's Gem Jewelry, Erbauer's Enchanted Devices and Dynamos, Sendungen Imports, and numerous other shops and merchant carts.

The center of the Plaza is kept mostly clear of vendors, the few legal locations for mobile stalls fiercely fought over by small vendors, each jockeying for position and claiming the best prices in town. In the center of it all is a large fountain, topped by a statue of King Alben Rosen, fair and just ruler of Aldhaven, who now lies sick and dying... or so the rumors go.

There is a pair of bored-looking city guards near the fountain lazily keeping an eye on the goings-on within the plaza. They are there to keep the peace, which seems rather quiet for now, although a fair amount of traffic exists.

Rizban
2012-10-18, 02:12 PM
The Town Crier
The most up to date news and rumors in the city!

Anything marked as a Rumor is something you've heard mentioned but isn't being shouted out as official news by the Town Crier.

King Alben Rosen has announced the engagement of Isolde Rosen, his only child, to Archduke Wolfram Rocholl, the heir designate to Aldhaven.

Rumor: Rumors of King Alben's failing health seem to be gathering strength, though the royal family continues to deny them.

Rumor: A gnomish dignitary has recently entered the city to begin negotiations of an alliance between the gnomish nation and the Kingdom of Aldhaven. A rumor has it that someone is offering 1,000,000gp for his assassination if done prior to the signing of the treaty. No one seems to know who is making the offer.

Spies from the Empire of Seven Dragons have been caught! Reward for information leading to the arrest of any of their co-conspirators.

Individual or team of strong character and sharp mind needed to recover stolen item. Inquire of Islabera at Sendungen Imports in the Plaza.

A colony of magically altered beavers has infested the river threatening to shut down all trade to the city by water! A bounty has been placed on beaver pelts. Inquire of Sergeant Smithers at the Fortress.

Swordsman for hire. Inquire for Makhain at the Sad Flint. Rates negotiable.

Rizban
2012-10-18, 02:13 PM
Character Obituaries

Ymeo - Going to the Docks at night is a bad thing.

Prib - Arrested and sentenced to life in the mines. Died to a tunnel collaspe.

Hiro - Stalked the wrong person. Death by exposure to the elements.

Leaper - Thri-kreen Ranger 2 / Gnomish Pincushion 1

Tim - Master of magic missile, thought leaving his armor at home was a good idea.

Kado - Stared at a roof... in the Docks... at night...

Gotchka, the Thri-kreen - Destroyed half of one city, fled to another, outran explosions and cave-ins, never lost his prey, slew murderers in their own homes, finally defeated and only then by a god.

Lady Seregven the Blessed, Knight of Bahamut - died arrogantly and illegally invading the legally established temple of Tiamat.

Kelvek - When making deals with dark powers, be sure all of those powers know about it.

Adeak Fallin - Eaten alive by rats

Bear - Bear and the bears fought, and Bear was winning with the bears helping, and the bears won but Bear didn't.

Alfonso - When encountering others in a dungeon, it's always better to play nice.

Shadow - Trying to play both sides rarely works out, especially when one side is paranoid, slightly delusional, and terrified of betrayal.

Kadril - Sneaked his way into the Docks... at night.

Sedrach Basilian - Convicted of multiple counts of murder. Sentenced to death.

Jeriah
2012-10-18, 02:37 PM
FIRST!

A small, furry creature sneaks through the town, eventually finding its way into the Plaza. After huddling in the corner for about 30 minutes observing those who pass by, it trundles off down Mastiff's towards the University.

Rizban
2012-10-18, 02:53 PM
Wandering off towards the University, it finds a private thread.

TheFallenOne
2012-10-18, 04:58 PM
A red-haired human in unremarkable, travelstained clothes walks up to the Town Crier, listening for a while. The news get him thinking, and he scratches his head with his right hand - both his right hands, in fact. "Hey! Bad arm! You're supposed to act independently, not imitate my real one!" The scolded appendage shows a flat hand in a submissive gesture of apology, then drops down.

Reading the obituaries provokes more than one chuckle from him. "Interesting place it seems... Gnomish pin cushion? Gotta know more about that." He casually takes a walk, trying to find some pieces of information suitable to his interests - and entertainment.

DM
2 Essentia in Truthseeker Goggles
[roll0] [roll1] on what happened to Leaper

[roll2] [roll3] On the spies from the Empire. Who they are, when and how they were caught, where they are held.

Rizban
2012-10-18, 05:20 PM
Having happened in a public thread, you learn quickly that Leaper jumped from a building to attack the Gnome Ambassador as he entered the city. He was quickly riddled with bolts from gnomish crossbows.

Information about the captured spies is closely guarded and not something your character would know. He does know, however, that most prisoners are held at The Fortress to the north, just outside of the city walls.

GM's Note: Knowledge results are usually given in private threads or via PM only. However, both of these results are considered public knowledge and easily obtainable, hence why they were posted here.

TheFallenOne
2012-10-18, 05:29 PM
He was tempted to give that ambassador a high five if he ever passed him by - stupid Thri-kreens, coming with four army by default, he had to work hard to get his! - but perhaps the gesture would be misunderstood and answered with more bolts...

Shelving that thought, he went to look for a decently pleasant inn to get a room for the next few weeks and drop some excess equipment before continuing his inquiries.

pay for a week or so in advance. Doesn't have to be too big, but I'd like a decent lock and wardrobe.

Rizban
2012-10-18, 07:14 PM
The Sad Flint is the most obvious Inn and Tavern. In fact, it is the only one on the Plaza. He may choose to stay there or to look elsewhere in town for a place to stay.

TheFallenOne
2012-10-18, 07:54 PM
The Sad Flint was a bit too much in the center of things for his tastes, so he wanders off west by northwest, where Guildsman meets Temple, and looks for quarters there.

Gather Info if necessary [roll0]

Rizban
2012-10-18, 08:16 PM
Unfortunately, Guildsman District is to the northeast while Temple District is to the west. They are separated by Old Town and Midtown.

http://www.mornproductions.com/images/AVB/maps/Districts.png

TheFallenOne
2012-10-18, 08:23 PM
sorry, misread the OP. I'll go NE then and look in Guildsman.

Rizban
2012-10-18, 08:27 PM
Heading away from the Plaza, he finds himself in his own private thread.
(Link forthcoming via PM.)

Ulm11
2012-10-19, 12:07 AM
When Aukan finally reached the plaza he slid away from the bustling crowds and leaned against a nearby wall in an attempt to take it all in. After about five minutes he began to chuckle to himself. "Not even the heat of battle. Time to find a place that actually makes some sense." Gently pushing of against wall he begin to walk slowly towards the temple district in a hope of finding place to fit in and start making a name for himself.

Rizban
2012-10-19, 01:01 AM
Halfway to the Temple District, he finds his own thread.

Zerter
2012-10-20, 04:22 AM
A non-descript human male of average height with brown hair and a weathered outfit walks the plaza. Zerter is feeling the after-effects of a night in the town. He makes small talk with the people walking around, asking about the general political structure of the city that has been his home his entire life as well as where to best look for employement, given that his purse is feeling awfully light and has no immediate prospect of gaining weight on its own.

Bunch of gather information checks:

What is the general political structure of the city?[roll0]
What are good places for employment, especially in the general sphere of entertainment/diplomacy/information gathering?[roll1]

Rizban
2012-10-20, 04:35 AM
Everyone knows the king rules the city with the head of each of the other three great houses advising him. There's also a democratically elected city council that handles much of the day to day work of running the city, collecting the taxes, and implementing the king's ideas. A fair number of trade guilds, worker guilds, and other similar semi-political organizations also operate in the city... It must have been a REAL bender last night if he can't even remember that much.

Depending on the kind of work he wants, he could go basically anywhere. Almost anyone with the money to hire someone in that field would be interested. He decides it's probably best to just start walking around and talking to people face to face. Either that, or he could always join the City Watch.

Zerter
2012-10-20, 04:43 AM
Feeling the pressure to actually engage people instead of just asking for information as if activating some artifact called googol, I try to clear my head and remember where my local council member is located so I can visit his or her office. Learning politics seems like something I've always wanted to try. Assuming I can defeat the pounding pain in my head I head there. Knowledge (Local): [roll0]

Rizban
2012-10-20, 05:49 PM
He has difficulty remembering in what district he lives. Or rather, he remembers perfectly but hasn't communicated such information to his GM. He does remember, however, that he's not actually a citizen of Aldhaven and therefore has no advocate on the City Council.

Zerter
2012-10-20, 06:11 PM
Last time Monodominant asked me how much I wanted to spend on a house and placed me in a district based on that, the mage quarters if I remember correctly. If I get to decide, that's a fine place I guess.

Well, given that I'm obviously still hung over, the best place to be seems to be a bar. I'll head for the Sad Flint.

Gorgondantess
2012-10-20, 11:33 PM
Few stand out less than the small figure hunkered against a wall in the crowded plaza. Bedecked in plain clothes and with a plain face, and carrying a stature even fellow gnomes found short, she had to escape to the side here to avoid being trod on by the taller folks. She was supposed to meet Aislin here an hour ago- was something wrong? Did she get the time wrong? Maybe she's not living in Aldhaven anymore at all!
Her mind occupied by ever more absurd scenarios for why Aislin might be late, Sade presses herself against her wall and tries not to be noticed. She succeeds admirably.

Aldurin
2012-10-21, 12:44 AM
The crowd and activity in the streets was almost overwhelming, and could easily make one feel insignificant. The man walking through the streets had just arrived to the city that day, and was eager to explore. There were a few majestic touches to his appearance but his dress and mannerisms were very similar to the average commoner, which helped avoid attention.

The newcomer took a few minutes to shop around and purchase a few items, then he headed off to the Guildsman District, curious about the local industry.

Purchased items will be updated in the CS shortly. Just some essentials I forgot to include.

Morithias
2012-10-21, 01:18 PM
Serawi the snow elf, sits outside of a tavern in the North Market. She had just gotten off her shift and was going over her books.

"Okay, so I need around 5k more to actually setup a shop with guild approval and so on." She mutters to no one in particular. She counts her previous wages and does some quick math on the parchment. "At the current rate of 25 gold pieces a day...it will take me...almost a year. 250 days or so." She pouts at this reveal. To an elf a year is virtually nothing, but she wants to set up shop as soon as possible.

"I could go to a smaller town..or become a traveller..." She ponders but decides against it. This town wasn't 100% safe, but if one stayed out of trouble one could live without dying.

"I suppose I could ask around or other people who need work...or maybe check out for a loan...yes we'll do that."

She spends the rest of the day asking around for information and checking out the libraries of the temple for advice on who to ask.

Knowledge Local - 21 (taking 10)
Gather information - 20 (also taking 10)

The gather information checks takes 1d4+1 hours.

[roll0]

Rizban
2012-10-21, 04:20 PM
Last time Monodominant asked me how much I wanted to spend on a house and placed me in a district based on that, the mage quarters if I remember correctly. If I get to decide, that's a fine place I guess.

Well, given that I'm obviously still hung over, the best place to be seems to be a bar. I'll head for the Sad Flint.

Inside the Sad Flint, you find your own private thread. (Link incoming after I get out of the convention tonight.)

Few stand out less than the small figure hunkered against a wall in the crowded plaza. Bedecked in plain clothes and with a plain face, and carrying a stature even fellow gnomes found short, she had to escape to the side here to avoid being trod on by the taller folks. She was supposed to meet Aislin here an hour ago- was something wrong? Did she get the time wrong? Maybe she's not living in Aldhaven anymore at all!
Her mind occupied by ever more absurd scenarios for why Aislin might be late, Sade presses herself against her wall and tries not to be noticed. She succeeds admirably.

She goes unnoticed.

The crowd and activity in the streets was almost overwhelming, and could easily make one feel insignificant. The man walking through the streets had just arrived to the city that day, and was eager to explore. There were a few majestic touches to his appearance but his dress and mannerisms were very similar to the average commoner, which helped avoid attention.

The newcomer took a few minutes to shop around and purchase a few items, then he headed off to the Guildsman District, curious about the local industry.

Purchased items will be updated in the CS shortly. Just some essentials I forgot to include.

Heading toward the Guildsman District, he passes through north Midtown. Details in a private thread. (See note above.)

Serawi the snow elf, sits outside of a tavern in the North Market. She had just gotten off her shift and was going over her books.

"Okay, so I need around 5k more to actually setup a shop with guild approval and so on." She mutters to no one in particular. She counts her previous wages and does some quick math on the parchment. "At the current rate of 25 gold pieces a day...it will take me...almost a year. 250 days or so." She pouts at this reveal. To an elf a year is virtually nothing, but she wants to set up shop as soon as possible.

"I could go to a smaller town..or become a traveller..." She ponders but decides against it. This town wasn't 100% safe, but if one stayed out of trouble one could live without dying.

"I suppose I could ask around or other people who need work...or maybe check out for a loan...yes we'll do that."

She spends the rest of the day asking around for information and checking out the libraries of the temple for advice on who to ask.

Knowledge Local - 21 (taking 10)
Gather information - 20 (also taking 10)

The gather information checks takes 1d4+1 hours.

[roll0]

She remembers and/or learns a few things, which will arrive to her via PM. (See note above).

Gorgondantess
2012-10-21, 04:31 PM
...In which case, Sade will continue to wait until evening, being not quite so unnoticeable that a savvy gnome who knows her well and is looking specifically for her wouldn't be able to find her rather easily.

Rizban
2012-10-22, 12:22 AM
...In which case, Sade will continue to wait until evening, being not quite so unnoticeable that a savvy gnome who knows her well and is looking specifically for her wouldn't be able to find her rather easily.She continues to wait mostly unnoticed. The GM wonders who she is waiting for...

Morithias
2012-10-22, 01:21 AM
Seeing how she had just spent 4 hours searching for information, she has a sleight chance to go to one or two places before nightfall at which she will have to rush to the temple.

Serawi decides to Hagan Erbaur's shop, and beg to him for a loan. She checks her clothes out in a nearby fountain and tries to clean herself up as best she can. She approaches the shop and enters noting it is just shortly before closing and she will likely have to make her case quickly.

She approaches the counter and gives a sleight bow to the person keeping store being careful not to show weakness or arrogance, but neutrality, a merchant regardless of alignment much never show bias yet they gain a bad reputation.

"May I please request an audience with one Hagan Erbaur?" She politely requests. "I seek to discuss business matters with him." She gives a polite smile trying to hide her worry. "Of course if he is not available I would be willing to return at a time more to his liking." She looks around the shop. "I must say you have a Brightstar (superb, Power of Faerun) shop here, by the way." She attempts to use the term brightstar to show that she too is a merchant, and hint without stating that she wishes to do not just purchasing items but possibly more.

Diplomacy Check: [roll0]

Edit: If I ever do anything wrong or out of line tell me please this is my first non-dming roleplay on these forums.

Gorgondantess
2012-10-22, 01:33 AM
She was supposed to meet Aislin here an hour ago- was something wrong? Did she get the time wrong? Maybe she's not living in Aldhaven anymore at all!
Her mind occupied by ever more absurd scenarios for why Aislin might be late, Sade presses herself against her wall and tries not to be noticed.
Aislin. Her aunt. Described on my sheet.
EDIT: I apologize if that wasn't totally clear, I should've known you have a lot of people to work with and wouldn't remember every aspect of my sheet. Sade is currently waiting to meet her aunt Aislin to go live with her until she can get back on her feet. Aislin is a troubleshooter and lay priest of Olidammara.

Rizban
2012-10-22, 01:52 AM
Seeing how she had just spent 4 hours searching for information, she has a sleight chance to go to one or two places before nightfall at which she will have to rush to the temple.

Serawi decides to Hagan Erbaur's shop, and beg to him for a loan. She checks her clothes out in a nearby fountain and tries to clean herself up as best she can. She approaches the shop and enters noting it is just shortly before closing and she will likely have to make her case quickly.

She approaches the counter and gives a sleight bow to the person keeping store being careful not to show weakness or arrogance, but neutrality, a merchant regardless of alignment much never show bias yet they gain a bad reputation.

"May I please request an audience with one Hagan Erbaur?" She politely requests. "I seek to discuss business matters with him." She gives a polite smile trying to hide her worry. "Of course if he is not available I would be willing to return at a time more to his liking." She looks around the shop. "I must say you have a Brightstar (superb, Power of Faerun) shop here, by the way." She attempts to use the term brightstar to show that she too is a merchant, and hint without stating that she wishes to do not just purchasing items but possibly more.

Diplomacy Check: [roll0]

Edit: If I ever do anything wrong or out of line tell me please this is my first non-dming roleplay on these forums.

Inside the shop, she finds her own private thread. Link incoming.

Rizban
2012-10-22, 01:53 AM
Aislin. Her aunt. Described on my sheet.

Hmmm... I guess I don't remember all the NPCs briefly mentioned on each players' character sheet. I'm tired as heck tonight and have to get up for work in about... 4 hours. I'll post something tomorrow when I have time. Sorry for the delay, but my mind is shot.

Gorgondantess
2012-10-22, 01:54 AM
Hmmm... I guess I don't remember all the NPCs briefly mentioned on each players' character sheet. I'm tired as heck tonight and have to get up for work in about... 4 hours. I'll post something tomorrow when I have time. Sorry for the delay, but my mind is shot.

Yeah, I just edited something along those lines into my post. Sorry about that.:smallredface:

TriumphantHero
2012-10-25, 12:02 AM
A rather uncomfortable-looking tan halfling walks into the square, eyes flitting about the scene around him in a somewhat futile attempt to take everything in. The sheer amount of things going on around him makes Makhain wonder(not for the first time) whether he's out of his depth in this city. Hearing the crier say something about people of strong character being needed, he figures that this Cassatta figure is as good a person to work for as any. Now if only he could figure out which of these buildings is Sunderham's Imports, he'd be set. With a short-term goal in mind at least, Makhain sets off.

Rizban
2012-10-25, 12:18 AM
Yeah, I just edited something along those lines into my post. Sorry about that.:smallredface:

You suddenly feel a tap on your shoulder. Turning, you find your aunt standing next to you. You never heard her approach.Sorry for the delay. I never saw the edit...

A rather uncomfortable-looking tan halfling walks into the square, eyes flitting about the scene around him in a somewhat futile attempt to take everything in. The sheer amount of things going on around him makes Makhain wonder(not for the first time) whether he's out of his depth in this city. Hearing the crier say something about people of strong character being needed, he figures that this Cassatta figure is as good a person to work for as any. Now if only he could figure out which of these buildings is Sunderham's Imports, he'd be set. With a short-term goal in mind at least, Makhain sets off.

He sets off, walks 10 feet, and suddenly spots the building right there in the Plaza! Hooray! He's off to a great start. This city thing isn't so hard after all.

TriumphantHero
2012-10-25, 12:33 AM
Feeling less intimidated by the city after his early success, Makhain heads on into the building, looking for someone who looks like a Cassatta, or failing that, whoever's in charge.

Rizban
2012-10-25, 12:42 AM
He stumbles through the door and into his own private thread.

Gorgondantess
2012-10-25, 01:42 AM
Sade shrieks as Aislin sneaks up on her. "Ah! Oh, um, aunt Aislin. It is good to see you. W-w-why were you late? Did something happen?"
Would you like me to give you more detailed descriptions/personalities/etc for my various NPCs? Or would you prefer to do your own thing with that?

Rizban
2012-10-25, 01:51 AM
"I'm here at the arranged time: 8PM. Oh, did you mean 8AM?"

Yeah, if you want to write it up on your character sheet for me, that'd be good. Don't go too in depth though, because I'm still going to do my own thing with them.

Gorgondantess
2012-10-25, 02:48 AM
Sade shakes her head. "N-no... no, that is fine, I am just glad you are alright!"
She falters as her stomach growls fiercely. She hadn't eaten since early this morning. She might've gone to get some food, but she was paralyzed with fear that Aislin might arrive while she was gone. "Em, Auntie, I don't mean to be flippant, but c-could we please go back to your place now?"
I'll do that then. Tomorrow morning. Do you want me to PM you the details, or just edit them into the sheet?

Rizban
2012-10-25, 03:06 AM
Just the sheet is fine. I'll check it later. My inbox is pretty full at the moment.

"Why don't we grab something to eat at the Flint before we head back?"

Gorgondantess
2012-10-25, 03:21 AM
The Flint? Was that a tavern or something? Sade didn't like the idea of diving into yet another crowd- and knowing Aislin, it would certainly be a lively place- but at this point she couldn't pass up an opportunity to sate her poor, neglected tummy.
"Ah... y-yes, that sounds wonderful. Is it nearby?"

Rizban
2012-10-25, 02:12 PM
"Why, yes, it is. You've been standing right here in front of it all day." She grins at you as she says this.

Gorgondantess
2012-10-25, 04:20 PM
Sade starts as if the building she was pressed up against just leapt out to bite her.
"Uh... oh. I see. L-lead the way, then, auntie."

bindin garoth
2012-10-25, 05:30 PM
Maz wanders around the city plaza, deep in thought. Mainly thinking about his next job.

"I suppose I could wander back to The Stalwart Gargoyle and talk to the Barkeeper there......." He mutters to himself. But a cry from the local Town Crier snapped him out of his thought!

"Spies from the Empire of Seven Dragons have been caught! Reward for information leading to the arrest of any of their co-conspirators." Just what he needed! It was perfect! If he helped them find info about these guys, he'd have inside connections in the government! And of course, he can then start up his services with them! Can you imagine all of the money!

Of course, he would only find the information. What good would money do if he was dead? And so he sets off, trying to find the contact for this reward, and what they do know. Perhaps he could be allowed to talk to the caught spy, and see if he could learn anything.

Gather Information check for general information on the spy, the contact for this mission, and any rumors floating about this.
[roll0]

Knowledge (Local) For what I know about the Empire of the Seven Dragons, and what business they would have here
[roll1]

Eidt: a 3 and a 2, what a perfect way to start the game............ :smallannoyed:

HerbieRAI
2012-10-25, 06:38 PM
Denhear and his dog hopped off the wagon he road into town, and tossed the driver a gold piece for the ride. He peered around the plaza for a few moments, he had been in many cities before, but never one quite this large. His goal was hiding somewhere here, and Denhear had no starting point.

Denhear would need to make some friends in the area. The best of those would be shopkeeps and bar tenders. A good place to start seems to be Sunderham's Imports, so Denhear turns toward the shop and walks in.

Rizban
2012-10-26, 03:55 PM
Sade starts as if the building she was pressed up against just leapt out to bite her.
"Uh... oh. I see. L-lead the way, then, auntie."

Inside, she finds her own private thread. Link incoming.

Maz wanders around the city plaza, deep in thought. Mainly thinking about his next job.

"I suppose I could wander back to The Stalwart Gargoyle and talk to the Barkeeper there......." He mutters to himself. But a cry from the local Town Crier snapped him out of his thought!

"Spies from the Empire of Seven Dragons have been caught! Reward for information leading to the arrest of any of their co-conspirators." Just what he needed! It was perfect! If he helped them find info about these guys, he'd have inside connections in the government! And of course, he can then start up his services with them! Can you imagine all of the money!

Of course, he would only find the information. What good would money do if he was dead? And so he sets off, trying to find the contact for this reward, and what they do know. Perhaps he could be allowed to talk to the caught spy, and see if he could learn anything.

Gather Information check for general information on the spy, the contact for this mission, and any rumors floating about this.
[roll0]

Knowledge (Local) For what I know about the Empire of the Seven Dragons, and what business they would have here
[roll1]

Eidt: a 3 and a 2, what a perfect way to start the game............ :smallannoyed:
He learns that the City Watch is the contact and that no information has been released to the public beyond the Town Crier announcement.

The Empire of Seven Dragons is the large nation to the north that has grown to its present size through military conquest. The Empire is run by an Emperor.

Denhear and his dog hopped off the wagon he road into town, and tossed the driver a gold piece for the ride. He peered around the plaza for a few moments, he had been in many cities before, but never one quite this large. His goal was hiding somewhere here, and Denhear had no starting point.

Denhear would need to make some friends in the area. The best of those would be shopkeeps and bar tenders. A good place to start seems to be Sunderham's Imports, so Denhear turns toward the shop and walks in.

Inside, you see a short human sitting behind the counter reading a book. He briefly looks up at you then goes back to reading.

bindin garoth
2012-10-26, 04:00 PM
Maz is frustrated by the lack of information he is finding. Normally he's able to find much more information than this, but it'll have to do he supposes. He decides to head to the central office of the City Watch, although he keeps his ears open on the way to figure out the best way to negotiate with them.

Gather Information to find out what he can about the leadership of the City Watch, and the man inside there who would be most likely to allow him to speak with the prisoner alone.
[roll0]

Edit: First a 2 and a 3, and now a 5. :smallannoyed: Come on dice gods, show me something good! :smalltongue:

Rizban
2012-10-26, 04:20 PM
He learns that the City Watch is run by the Captain of the Watch. No one seems to know or what to answer the other information he seeks.

bindin garoth
2012-10-26, 04:29 PM
Max is even more frustrated by his lack.of knowledge. Perhaps his skills need more training?

At any rate, however, he continues forth, trying to find the Captain of the Guard.

Third tomes a charm. Gather info to find where the captain of the guard is. And sorry for the short post, posting from my phone.

[roll0]

Rizban
2012-10-26, 04:48 PM
Max is even more frustrated by his lack.of knowledge. Perhaps his skills need more training?

At any rate, however, he continues forth, trying to find the Captain of the Guard.

Third tomes a charm. Gather info to find where the captain of the guard is. And sorry for the short post, posting from my phone.

[roll0]
The Watch Captain is in the Fortress, the headquarters of the City Watch. It's to the north. Following Mastiff's will get you there.

bindin garoth
2012-10-26, 05:02 PM
Maz heads towards the fortress, hoping he can earn some money!

Rizban
2012-10-26, 05:04 PM
Heading north, he finds the road leads to his own thread. Link incoming.

HerbieRAI
2012-10-26, 06:26 PM
Denhear walks to the reading man

Excuse me sir, I am looking for Cassatta. I may be able to help with the lost item, although I generally search for people, not things.

MilesTiden
2012-10-26, 10:08 PM
Darella narrowly side-stepped as a wagon came clattering down the busy thoroughfare that cut through the various mercantile districts. What already seemed like a cluttered and tumultuous avenue to most people, was much more so to one of Darella's diminutive stature. She oftentimes found herself dwarfed by the, from her perspective, towering buildings and gigantic residents, but after her two (somewhat disastrous) prolonged encounters with previous cities, she no longer felt exactly out of place. At least the people in this city (Aldhaven, was it? She was pretty sure it was Aldhaven) were somewhat more respectful to halflings like her, unlike the last town, and tended to keep their trodding upon her to a minimum. She kept her ears out for any choice bits of information which might decide to rest upon the little halfling's ears and impart their rumours and gossip unto her.

After a few more uncomfortably close encounters with more carraiges and carts (She didn't really blame them. She wasn't exactly the most noticeable of individuals, even from the perspective of the numerous pedestrians), Darella darted into a nearby side street that was significantly less busy. As the excitement of the city started to subside, she slowed her walk to a slightly more comfortable pace, trying to keep her limp from being very noticable. She didn't want to make herself look like an easy target for any of the more unsavory types or people who tended to thrive in cities like this. She cringed slightly, remembering all too clearly that she was one of those 'unsavory types' up until a few weeks ago. But now I'm turning over a new leaf! No longer shall I be considered a pest, a theif, a brigand, or any other of those... things! I shall be... what? Darella pondered on this, but decided that maybe standing in the middle of the street and in close proximity to an uncomfortably large number of boots, which she was quite prone to being trodden upon by. Surveying her surroundings, she made up her mind to enter the tavern that she had been standing by for an increasingly awkward amount of time. It looked like a fairly homely and inviting place, and her poor foot definitely needed a rest after all that traveling and meandering through the city streets.

For gossip, rumours, and other such things that Darella might have overheard. Also, general knowledge about the city of Aldhaven, as well as the various districts and such.

Knowledge (Local): [roll0]
Gather Information: [roll1]

Also, she is currently in South Market, if it really makes any difference since she's right at the edge of North and South.

Rizban
2012-10-29, 01:08 AM
Denhear walks to the reading man

Excuse me sir, I am looking for Cassatta. I may be able to help with the lost item, although I generally search for people, not things.

His response is in a private thread. Link incoming.

Darella narrowly side-stepped as a wagon came clattering down the busy thoroughfare that cut through the various mercantile districts. What already seemed like a cluttered and tumultuous avenue to most people, was much more so to one of Darella's diminutive stature. She oftentimes found herself dwarfed by the, from her perspective, towering buildings and gigantic residents, but after her two (somewhat disastrous) prolonged encounters with previous cities, she no longer felt exactly out of place. At least the people in this city (Aldhaven, was it? She was pretty sure it was Aldhaven) were somewhat more respectful to halflings like her, unlike the last town, and tended to keep their trodding upon her to a minimum. She kept her ears out for any choice bits of information which might decide to rest upon the little halfling's ears and impart their rumours and gossip unto her.

After a few more uncomfortably close encounters with more carraiges and carts (She didn't really blame them. She wasn't exactly the most noticeable of individuals, even from the perspective of the numerous pedestrians), Darella darted into a nearby side street that was significantly less busy. As the excitement of the city started to subside, she slowed her walk to a slightly more comfortable pace, trying to keep her limp from being very noticable. She didn't want to make herself look like an easy target for any of the more unsavory types or people who tended to thrive in cities like this. She cringed slightly, remembering all too clearly that she was one of those 'unsavory types' up until a few weeks ago. But now I'm turning over a new leaf! No longer shall I be considered a pest, a theif, a brigand, or any other of those... things! I shall be... what? Darella pondered on this, but decided that maybe standing in the middle of the street and in close proximity to an uncomfortably large number of boots, which she was quite prone to being trodden upon by. Surveying her surroundings, she made up her mind to enter the tavern that she had been standing by for an increasingly awkward amount of time. It looked like a fairly homely and inviting place, and her poor foot definitely needed a rest after all that traveling and meandering through the city streets.

For gossip, rumours, and other such things that Darella might have overheard. Also, general knowledge about the city of Aldhaven, as well as the various districts and such.

Knowledge (Local): [roll0]
Gather Information: [roll1]

Also, she is currently in South Market, if it really makes any difference since she's right at the edge of North and South.

Her rolls fail, but all of the general information she is seeking can be found in the first few posts of this thread.Inside the Flint, you find your own private thread. Link incoming.

Rizban
2012-10-29, 02:39 PM
Town Crier Update!

Anything marked as a Rumor is something you've heard mentioned but isn't being shouted out as official news by the Town Crier.

King Alben Rosen has announced the engagement of Isolde Rosen, his only child, to Archduke Wolfram Rocholl, the heir designate to Aldhaven.

Rumor: Rumors of King Alben's failing health seem to be gathering strength, though the royal family continues to deny them.

Rumor: A gnomish dignitary has recently entered the city to begin negotiations of an alliance between the gnomish nation and the Kingdom of Aldhaven. A rumor has it that someone is offering 1,000,000gp for his assassination if done prior to the signing of the treaty. No one seems to know who is making the offer.

Spies from the Empire of Seven Dragons have been caught! Reward for information leading to the arrest of any of their co-conspirators.

Individual or team of strong character and sharp mind needed to recover stolen item. Inquire of Cassatta at Sunderham's Imports in the Plaza.

A colony of magically altered beavers has infested the river threatening to shut down all trade to the city by water! A bounty has been placed on beaver pelts. Inquire of Sergeant Smithers at the Fortress.[/QUOTE]

God Imperror
2012-11-03, 04:26 AM
The man approached the plaza.

What man? Truce Walker, almost unknown in Aldhaven, yet, Truce corrected himself mentally, he wasn't know yet. He would be sooner or later, or at least appear in the obituaries from the town crier.

Truce is dressed in simple clothes, resembling those of a traveler, and he carries the archetypal back pack and a case of maps at his back. His boots have seen better days, but are as clean as possible, overall he seems to have taken care of himself, cleaning off the dust of the journey.

Knowing from the gossip around and for the looks that people gave him when he asked for directions he should be there...

And now that he was at the plaza it was quite obvious. That was the shop. He enters Erbauer's Enchanted Devices and Dynamos with a tight smile in his face.

Togath
2012-11-03, 04:36 AM
"Come one, come all" a deep voice belts out, "A show and food all in one, spicy kabobs, and an Bravio the magniisent magician-chef!", with that, a gout a flames shoots into the air, revealing the voice to have come from a tall, horned man, using some sort of fire breath to cook, and sell, kabobs. he's dressed simply, but has a backpack, and a very large chef's knife--on the scale of a claymore--sitting by his feet, along with a few silver coins, which appear to be his profit so far.
"Fresh spicy kabobs, made of the finest hare, and cooked via my magical might! Behold the wonders of this extraordenary, otherowrdly, chef!"

Lexin
2012-11-03, 09:17 AM
A man enters the plaza. He is wearing expensive black clothes and long, dark coat with complex silver patterns on it. He briefly scans the surrounding looking for a reliable source of information. After finding one, possibly a guard, he approaches and starts asking questions in quiet voice and with polite expression on his face.

"Greetings. he stars with a short nod I would appreciate it if you tell me the directions to a merchant guild working in the city, preferably an alchemist one. he stops for a second, like listening to something that only he could hear and... A recommendation of a tavern would be nice too."

Rizban
2012-11-03, 01:48 PM
The man approached the plaza.

What man? Truce Walker, almost unknown in Aldhaven, yet, Truce corrected himself mentally, he wasn't know yet. He would be sooner or later, or at least appear in the obituaries from the town crier.

Truce is dressed in simple clothes, resembling those of a traveler, and he carries the archetypal back pack and a case of maps at his back. His boots have seen better days, but are as clean as possible, overall he seems to have taken care of himself, cleaning off the dust of the journey.

Knowing from the gossip around and for the looks that people gave him when he asked for directions he should be there...

And now that he was at the plaza it was quite obvious. That was the shop. He enters Erbauer's Enchanted Devices and Dynamos with a tight smile in his face.

Inside is a small workshop, about twenty feet by forty feet. On entering, one does not find a true proper shop area, and there is often at least one apprentice working on something. Hagan can sometimes be found wandering about the shop and always takes a moment to attend to customers when they enter; however, he's currently not inside. A nymph minds the counter near the front door which separates the entryway from the workshop.

"Come one, come all" a deep voice belts out, "A show and food all in one, spicy kabobs, and an Bravio the magniisent magician-chef!", with that, a gout a flames shoots into the air, revealing the voice to have come from a tall, horned man, using some sort of fire breath to cook, and sell, kabobs. he's dressed simply, but has a backpack, and a very large chef's knife--on the scale of a claymore--sitting by his feet, along with a few silver coins, which appear to be his profit so far.
"Fresh spicy kabobs, made of the finest hare, and cooked via my magical might! Behold the wonders of this extraordenary, otherowrdly, chef!"

You sell several kabobs over the course of the day. Nothing notable happens today.

Togath
2012-11-03, 02:45 PM
After packing up his supplies, Tormund heads off to the nearest inn, to see if they would want to hire a chef that'll in be town for a while.

Rizban
2012-11-03, 04:33 PM
The nearest inn is the Sad Flint. It's well known that they're never hiring cook staff. If they need someone new, and you're qualified, they seek you out. They're that influential.

Togath
2012-11-03, 11:22 PM
Tormund heads to the sad flint to see about the job they're offering.
"An inn and a way to pay for it all in one, what luck, and here I thought I'd be sleeping in a ditch". he thinks to himself

TriumphantHero
2012-11-03, 11:56 PM
Makhain emerges from a store, a stack of 5 hats on his head, and proceeds to take the top few off and juggle them. "Hats for sale at Ranuna's Superior Toppers! Come one, come all!"

[roll0]

God Imperror
2012-11-05, 06:11 AM
Inside is a small workshop, about twenty feet by forty feet. On entering, one does not find a true proper shop area, and there is often at least one apprentice working on something. Hagan can sometimes be found wandering about the shop and always takes a moment to attend to customers when they enter; however, he's currently not inside. A nymph minds the counter near the front door which separates the entryway from the workshop.

Truce looks around studying the apprentices and trying to get an idea of what they are doing and how expensive materials they are using. After expending as much time looking around as he dares and once the nymph seems to be free he approaches the counter trying to not fall for the fey's legendary beauty.

-Excuse me, I wanted to apply for a job to whom should I address?

Rizban
2012-11-07, 11:25 PM
Tormund heads to the sad flint to see about the job they're offering.
"An inn and a way to pay for it all in one, what luck, and here I thought I'd be sleeping in a ditch". he thinks to himself

The interior of the Sad Flint is quite crowded. People are coming and going all over the rather large barroom. Patrons of any possible description abound, most content to drink the beers in their hands. No one bothers to turn their head when yet another patron walks in. The atmosphere of the place is slightly dingy, but comfortable.

A lone half-giant is serving as the bartender at the long bar across from the entrance. Round tables with an average of four chairs each litter the common area, although several have borrowed chairs from others nearby. More than half of them seem occupied by patrons of some description and number. A pair of armored bouncers guard a double door along the west wall.

Barmaids of many different races weave in and out of the traffic, delivering food and drinks, as well as picking up empty crockery and more than a few pick-up lines.

Makhain emerges from a store, a stack of 5 hats on his head, and proceeds to take the top few off and juggle them. "Hats for sale at Ranuna's Superior Toppers! Come one, come all!"

[roll0]

Several passersby stop momentarily to gawk at the performance. When you accidentally drop a hat, several of them toss coins into it. One grins at you then goes inside. Several minutes later, he leaves wearing a stetson.

Truce looks around studying the apprentices and trying to get an idea of what they are doing and how expensive materials they are using. After expending as much time looking around as he dares and once the nymph seems to be free he approaches the counter trying to not fall for the fey's legendary beauty.

-Excuse me, I wanted to apply for a job to whom should I address?

You fail to not be in awe of her.

"I'm sorry, apply for a job? You're here to apprentice yourself to Mr. Erbauer?"

God Imperror
2012-11-08, 05:16 AM
Oh... my... that nymph is... oh... my... I close my mouth, trying to salivate and think what I am going to say.

-Well, no, not exactly. I mean I already did my apprenticeship with Mr. Zurden but since I moved out... I mean is Mr. Erbauer interested in hiring some help?

There should be some stuff around to complicated for the apprentices and to time consuming for Mr. Erbauer to do, I could do that.

-Perhaps there is something to complicated for apprentices that Mr. Erbauer doesn't have enough time to do. I could help with that.

TriumphantHero
2012-11-08, 12:44 PM
Makhain continues to perform and advertise, hoping to bring in enough customers before the day ends to at least break even.

rorikdude12
2012-11-08, 05:21 PM
A male half-elf emerges from an alley by The Howling Song. He walks up to the man peddling top hats and says,

"How much would one of those hats be?"

TriumphantHero
2012-11-08, 08:04 PM
"It really depends on which one you want. Our hats come in a wide variety of styles and price ranges." Makhain puts on a slightly disconcerting smile as he talks.

Rizban
2012-11-09, 02:19 AM
Oh... my... that nymph is... oh... my... I close my mouth, trying to salivate and think what I am going to say.

-Well, no, not exactly. I mean I already did my apprenticeship with Mr. Zurden but since I moved out... I mean is Mr. Erbauer interested in hiring some help?

There should be some stuff around to complicated for the apprentices and to time consuming for Mr. Erbauer to do, I could do that.

-Perhaps there is something to complicated for apprentices that Mr. Erbauer doesn't have enough time to do. I could help with that.

Clearwater blinks. She then replies in a rather neutral, if slightly bored, tone.

"I honestly would not know. He will be here first thing in the morning if you wish to return then. You may speak to him then."

Makhain continues to perform and advertise, hoping to bring in enough customers before the day ends to at least break even.

A few others stop and watch, some even enter. You only notice one other person leave with a purchase. That's when the male half-elf approaches you. You two do the rest.

Togath
2012-11-09, 02:43 AM
The interior of the Sad Flint is quite crowded. People are coming and going all over the rather large barroom. Patrons of any possible description abound, most content to drink the beers in their hands. No one bothers to turn their head when yet another patron walks in. The atmosphere of the place is slightly dingy, but comfortable.

A lone half-giant is serving as the bartender at the long bar across from the entrance. Round tables with an average of four chairs each litter the common area, although several have borrowed chairs from others nearby. More than half of them seem occupied by patrons of some description and number. A pair of armored bouncers guard a double door along the west wall.

Barmaids of many different races weave in and out of the traffic, delivering food and drinks, as well as picking up empty crockery and more than a few pick-up lines.

Tormund walks over to the bar and sits down, he then and tries to get the bartender's attention "do you happen to know who I need to talk to here about being hired as a chef?, I got a message earlier today asking me to come here for a job as a chef."

Rizban
2012-11-09, 04:52 AM
Tormund walks over to the bar and sits down, he then and tries to get the bartender's attention "do you happen to know who I need to talk to here about being hired as a chef?, I got a message earlier today asking me to come here for a job as a chef."

"Oh, did you now. Well, I do the hiring, and I sure don't remember sending out any notices sayin' we needed a cook."

rorikdude12
2012-11-09, 04:22 PM
"It really depends on which one you want. Our hats come in a wide variety of styles and price ranges." Makhain puts on a slightly disconcerting smile as he talks.

"Very well, then. Please lead me to the shop."

Rizban
2012-11-09, 04:38 PM
"Very well, then. Please lead me to the shop."

Looking up, the half-elf realizes that he's standing directly in front of the hat shop.

Togath
2012-11-09, 08:31 PM
"Oh, did you now. Well, I do the hiring, and I sure don't remember sending out any notices sayin' we needed a cook."

"Huh, now I'm wondering just who said that to me...In that case, I'll take an inn room. What did you think of my preformance in the plaza earlier?"

ooc: misread your post about the inn, had misread it as "they sought you out" rather then "if they needed a chef, they would seek you out"

rorikdude12
2012-11-09, 10:14 PM
The half-elf enters the hat shop and looks for a bowler hat.

God Imperror
2012-11-10, 10:58 AM
Clearwater blinks. She then replies in a rather neutral, if slightly bored, tone.

"I honestly would not know. He will be here first thing in the morning if you wish to return then. You may speak to him then."

-Thanks, that will do.

Once Truce has an appointment, well sort of one, he smiles to the nymph and nods a goodbye. Leaving the establishment an once again being on the plaza he decides that it is a good moment as any to search for a place to stay for the night. He has some pocket change from his dealings with the monks and he would rather not sleep on the streets.

The Sad Flint Inn should do for accommodation. Entering the establishment Truce looks around.

Rizban
2012-11-12, 07:11 AM
"Huh, now I'm wondering just who said that to me...In that case, I'll take an inn room. What did you think of my preformance in the plaza earlier?"

ooc: misread your post about the inn, had misread it as "they sought you out" rather then "if they needed a chef, they would seek you out"

"Miscommunication. Happens all the time."

His tone of voice conveys otherwise.

"Room is five a night. I tend the bar; I don't watch the Plaza."

The half-elf enters the hat shop and looks for a bowler hat.

Inside the shop, you find a bowler hat AND a private thread. Link incoming.

-Thanks, that will do.

Once Truce has an appointment, well sort of one, he smiles to the nymph and nods a goodbye. Leaving the establishment an once again being on the plaza he decides that it is a good moment as any to search for a place to stay for the night. He has some pocket change from his dealings with the monks and he would rather not sleep on the streets.

The Sad Flint Inn should do for accommodation. Entering the establishment Truce looks around.

God Imperror
2012-11-12, 10:28 AM
Truce navigates the place slowly, paying attention to the mood and the pace of the people reunited there. He approaches the half giant and listens while he attends the last customer in.

-The performance was alright, unusual I guess. Then he switches to the bartender I'll take one of those rooms. Also any chance of having a mug of mead and something warm to eat?

While he waits Truce examines the patrons, even if most of them seem to be just focused on their beers the man searches for a table on which he wont be too disturbed, nor he would disturb the ones already sitting.

Rizban
2012-11-12, 12:57 PM
Truce navigates the place slowly, paying attention to the mood and the pace of the people reunited there. He approaches the half giant and listens while he attends the last customer in.

-The performance was alright, unusual I guess. Then he switches to the bartender I'll take one of those rooms. Also any chance of having a mug of mead and something warm to eat?

While he waits Truce examines the patrons, even if most of them seem to be just focused on their beers the man searches for a table on which he wont be too disturbed, nor he would disturb the ones already sitting.

The bartender eyes you suspiciously while smirking, as if he knows something you don't.

"Room is five. Mead two. Lunch is lamb stew and goose egg with broccoli apple sauce. Three."

God Imperror
2012-11-12, 03:22 PM
-That's expensive. I'll take just the room.

Truce moves his hand to the bag at his back and sneaks it under the lid, after a second he pulls out some coin and looks at it, taking five gold coins he passes them to the bartender.

The man looks at the patrons again, all of those are expending so much money on the drinks? There seems to be a lot of money on Aldhaven, ripe for the taking. Tomorrow after talking with Mr Erbauer things will go better.

Togath
2012-11-12, 03:41 PM
"Miscommunication. Happens all the time."

His tone of voice conveys otherwise.

"Room is five a night. I tend the bar; I don't watch the Plaza."

Tormund tosses over 5 coins to the bartender. I'll be heading up(or whichever direction the inn rooms are in).

Rizban
2012-11-12, 04:23 PM
-That's expensive. I'll take just the room.

Truce moves his hand to the bag at his back and sneaks it under the lid, after a second he pulls out some coin and looks at it, taking five gold coins he passes them to the bartender.

The man looks at the patrons again, all of those are expending so much money on the drinks? There seems to be a lot of money on Aldhaven, ripe for the taking. Tomorrow after talking with Mr Erbauer things will go better.

"Suit yourself." Turning to Tormund, "Thank you, sir."

He picks up the coins and sets down a large, flat crystal disk.

"Put your hand on this, one of you at a time, please."

God Imperror
2012-11-12, 04:30 PM
Truce does as told while wondering what the disk is for and how might it work.

Rizban
2012-11-12, 04:36 PM
The disk glows briefly, and he slides it towards Tormund.

"Alright, your room is on the second floor, number 238. Stairs are over there."

Togath
2012-11-12, 04:58 PM
"fascinating, what does this device do?" says Tormund as he places his hand on the disk.

God Imperror
2012-11-12, 05:10 PM
That was weird, some magic item, Truce doesn't understand how it works, or what is its purpose but he will surely be able to guess it soon.

He looks at the half giant intrigued.

-Keys?

Rizban
2012-11-12, 05:44 PM
"You're in 243."

He points to your hands after he puts the disk away.

"You got your keys right there on the end of your wrists. Don't lose them now."

He smirks sarcastically as he walks to another part of the bar to serve the patrons there.

Togath
2012-11-12, 06:51 PM
Tormund heads up to his room, once there he organizes his supplies, making sure he has materials to summon a vestige in the morning(ooc: or not, if they don't have to be rebound each day, I've never been sure how that works with them)

God Imperror
2012-11-13, 04:35 AM
Truce walks up to the second floor and examines the door, looking for some sort of panels or marks to push in order to open the door. His interest is really picked with the whole key matter and after gibing it a thought he tries to slightly push the door marked with 239.

Rizban
2012-11-13, 08:59 PM
Upon heading up the stairs to your rooms, you each find a private thread. Links incoming.

Rizban
2012-11-14, 09:31 PM
A man enters the plaza. He is wearing expensive black clothes and long, dark coat with complex silver patterns on it. He briefly scans the surrounding looking for a reliable source of information. After finding one, possibly a guard, he approaches and starts asking questions in quiet voice and with polite expression on his face.

"Greetings. he stars with a short nod I would appreciate it if you tell me the directions to a merchant guild working in the city, preferably an alchemist one. he stops for a second, like listening to something that only he could hear and... A recommendation of a tavern would be nice too."

The Watchman looks at him irritably but tries to answer him.

"Well, the Sad Flint right there is the best tavern around here. To find better, you'd have to hit Nobles' Quarter, but good luck getting in there.

I don't know much about the guilds. I know there's one that runs the university and one over in Guildsman and one up in Old Town, but I don't really know anything about any of them. At least, I think those are merchant guilds..."

Lexin
2012-11-15, 08:24 AM
"Thank you for your help, sir." he says and walks towards Guildsman district, trying to hide his disappointment about the lack of useful information.

As he goes there he looks around trying to find a guildhouse... with reinforced walls... typical adjustment for alchemist labs...

Rizban
2012-11-15, 06:06 PM
Walking into Guildsman, you find a private thread. Link incoming.

Shmee
2012-11-20, 06:09 AM
Amongst the many people who enter Aldhaven, a Dwarf wearily makes his way into the Plaza. Leaning on his stick for a while to catch his breath, the Dwarf scratches his bald head and takes in the city sights and its sounds.

After a few moments the Dwarf begin licking his lips, and after checking his pouch, nods his head and starts walking to the closest pub he can find.

Rizban
2012-11-20, 08:12 AM
The Sad Flint, the massive three story building that dominates the Plaza, is indeed the closest pub.

Shmee
2012-11-20, 10:00 AM
Upon noticing the Sad Flint the Dwarf decides that this should do and stumbles in, smacking his lips and rubbing his hands in anticipation.

Rizban
2012-11-20, 10:05 AM

Shmee
2012-11-20, 10:19 AM
The Dwarf looks around, and speaking to himself says "Lets get to work." and begins stumbling about around the pub. He will keep walking about until he finds a suitable table which seems to be playing a drinking game.

Rizban
2012-11-20, 10:48 AM
He finds just such a table. Interacting with the table induces drunkenness and private threads. Link incoming.

Kalirren
2012-11-20, 06:13 PM
One afternoon finds a rather plain-looking woman leading a rather impressive-looking horse down Mastiff's. She looks like she's been a long way in coming, but not tired for the distance she (or more likely, the horse) has covered that day.

She looks for a good place to post the flyer she has in her hand, advertising her own services as a veterinarian, horse trainer, and general healer. While wandering, and herself perusing, the various boards in the square, she hears this:

A colony of magically altered beavers has infested the river, threatening to shut down all trade to the city by water! A bounty has been placed on beaver pelts. Inquire of Sergeant Smithers at the Fortress.

Really? A bounty on pelts was the first thing the city guard thought of? Hopefully it wasn't the best plan they would implement. That really was no way for a city to relate to its natural environment.

She patiently follows the town crier for an entire round of his shouting to make sure she has the name right. Then to the Fortress it was to offer her services on the matter.

Rizban
2012-11-21, 12:20 AM
The only advertisement board visible in the Plaza is at the Sad Flint. A cursory examination reveals that every flyer is stamped with the same visible mark indicating that the Sad Flint has authorized its posting. In order to post her flyer, she'll need to acquire said authorization.

She memorizes the name and then pauses to decide whether to post her flyer first or head to the Fortress first.

Kalirren
2012-11-21, 01:03 AM
The red-haired trainer looks at the Sad Flint's mark and frowns. Maybe there was going to be a fee involved. It was probably worth it, still. There really wasn't anything worth more than a good reputation, after all. And it was worth paying a bit for chances to build one.

She holds her own flyer up to the board and takes in the quality of the flyers she sees. Then she shrugs ambivalently. She'd made hers too big, too empty. It had the wrong effect.

She decides to pop in the Sad Flint briefly to ask about pricing on the postings, then think about the editing on her way to the Fortress, which first meant finding a convenient lamppost, or tree, to which to tether Greywind while she was inside.

Rizban
2012-11-21, 04:19 AM
She remembers passing stables back near the city gates, but those are many blocks away and pretty inconvenient at this point. She then notices a hitching post near the Sad Flint's front entrance where she can tie her horse temporarily. A sign indicates that, due to city ordinance, there is a maximum of 30 minutes allowed.

Kalirren
2012-11-21, 11:58 AM
Absentmindedly tethering Greywind to the thirty-minute post, she gives her faithful steed a heartfelt pat on the neck before walking in and asking the bartender, or receptionist, if it was that sort of place, how she might get authorization to post a flyer.

Rizban
2012-11-21, 05:59 PM

The barkeep looks the flyer over, nods, and says "Ten gold, one week."

Kalirren
2012-11-21, 09:34 PM
"Got it," she acknowledges. Ten gold was definitely worth a try. "'S'not finished yet, though. But I'll be back." She takes the flyer back. After all, she had to leave contact details, but she hadn't arranged for her own accommodation yet, so those were still up in the air.

She gives her thanks to the bartender as she leaves the bar and the establishment. Then it really was off to the Fortress.

Rizban
2012-11-23, 11:32 AM
Heading off to the fortress, she finds he own private thread. Link incoming.

Slii Arhem
2012-11-26, 10:04 AM
Arriving at dusk, as was his habit when visiting a new town, Daniel steps lightly as he studies the people who would call Mastiff their home at this time of day. Usually it wound up being peddlers looking for a few more customers before the night broke like a black yolk over the city, or gossips taking in their wash and spinning a few more yarns out of half-heard rumors. His kind of people.

A bird of prey flies high overhead, and some might guess by his thickly woven hawker's glove that it's his. The brown glove, and a short tunic of the same material, are the only parts of his wardrobe that aren't a dull black in color. One can guess why he prefers arriving when the sun is nearly down, as his wide-brimmed hat and outlandish longcoat provide little protection from the sun's heat.

First thing to do would be to see about getting some work for the morning before bothering with a room for the night. Beaver pelts seemed like easy pay, but there was no mystery in that unless he could trace them back to whoever altered them and set them free. Considering the fact he just got in town, that might be common knowledge by now, and he'd look the fool trying to trace it. Spies seemed like a likely challenge, but without knowing more it would be too broad a gambit to try on his first outing into a new city.

However, a missing item could be the ticket. It was personal, unique, and was bound to draw a lot of interest from people looking for an easy job. Could mean allies or competition, and either one was welcome so long as it didn't end with him being chewed on by the beavers. That settled it then. He'd seek out Sunderham's Imports and see if Cassatta was still hiring anyone looking out for this item.

Long story short
Daniel arrives at dusk, has a description tossed out, then internally monologues for a while before deciding to go to Sunderham's first. I promise not all my posts will involve rambling self-dialogue, just the introduction. :smallsmile:

(Also, sorry about using one of the rumors to get started. If I was more confident about starting here, I would've tried rustling up something of my own first, but I think I'm going to have to save that until this character gets established a bit and I know more of his personality.)

Rizban
2012-11-26, 01:56 PM
Near dusk, there are fewer people around, but still quite a number. This is, after all, the main artery of traffic through the city. However, no one actually lives in this particular spot, the entirety of the surrounding buildings being shops of various kinds owned by merchants wealthy enough to have a separate home elsewhere in the city.

Fortunately for Daniel, there is a large sign on one of the buildings right here in the plaza with "Sunderham's Imports" emblazoned across it for all to see.

Slii Arhem
2012-11-26, 02:11 PM
Then all that remains is to walk inside and begin to earn his keep here. He'd better get to it soon too. Money has been tight since his last job, and keeping his gear maintained wasn't cheap.

Daniel shoulders his pack a bit higher and walks into the import shop, idly wondering what he'll find inside.

Rizban
2012-11-26, 02:42 PM
Inside, you see a short human sitting behind the counter reading a book. He briefly looks up at you then goes back to reading.

Slii Arhem
2012-11-26, 04:04 PM
Daniel nods to the man shortly, eyes roaming around the rest of the shop's interior before landing back on him as he steps up to the counter, "Good evening to you. I heard about a missing item from your stock, and wanted to know if Cassatta was still looking for someone who could find it."

Rizban
2012-11-26, 10:45 PM
When he replies, you suddenly find yourself in your own private thread.

Halae
2012-11-27, 03:57 PM
A young man is standing in the square, perhaps in his early twenties or late teens. Red hair hangs shaggily about his face as he looks at the statue of the king. A headband made of an indefinable green material is all that's keeping his hair out of his eyes, and a pair of glasses sit in front of his hazel eyes, which he pushes up. His ears come to points, perhaps suggesting elven heritage somewhere in his ancestry, and altogether he's fairly handsome, though he lacks a confident posture. Plus, he's rather scrawny. On his body is blue robes and a backpack with many pockets. All in all, he's easy to peg as a newcomer to the city, but also as a wizard. Honestly, who else wears robes? Sages. And he's too young for that.

He turns away from the statue, looking to talk to one of the locals, "Hey, is there anywhere nearby someone might get a room to rent?"

Crafty Cultist
2012-11-27, 06:17 PM
A young man enters the Plaza from the southwest. His face is handsome, but shows signs of weariness. His black hair seems to be oiled back, and his eyes are dark blue, almost black. His clothing is mostly black - black shoes, black trousers, black cape - only his shirt stands out, white with a red ascott. His outfit is well made, but also well worn, giving off the look of someone clinging to past glories. A black cane with a silver handle is clutched in his hand.

Sighing softly to himself, he heads into the plaza, asking around about employment opportunities in the city

Gather information check[roll0]

In particular I'm looking for jobs that require intelligence or magical ability rather than combat strength

Rizban
2012-11-28, 12:38 AM
A young man is standing in the square, perhaps in his early twenties or late teens. Red hair hangs shaggily about his face as he looks at the statue of the king. A headband made of an indefinable green material is all that's keeping his hair out of his eyes, and a pair of glasses sit in front of his hazel eyes, which he pushes up. His ears come to points, perhaps suggesting elven heritage somewhere in his ancestry, and altogether he's fairly handsome, though he lacks a confident posture. Plus, he's rather scrawny. On his body is blue robes and a backpack with many pockets. All in all, he's easy to peg as a newcomer to the city, but also as a wizard. Honestly, who else wears robes? Sages. And he's too young for that.

He turns away from the statue, looking to talk to one of the locals, "Hey, is there anywhere nearby someone might get a room to rent?"

The man just points to the massive, three story inn, walking away as soon as you turn to look where he's pointing.

A young man enters the Plaza from the southwest. His face is handsome, but shows signs of weariness. His black hair seems to be oiled back, and his eyes are dark blue, almost black. His clothing is mostly black - black shoes, black trousers, black cape - only his shirt stands out, white with a red ascott. His outfit is well made, but also well worn, giving off the look of someone clinging to past glories. A black cane with a silver handle is clutched in his hand.

Sighing softly to himself, he heads into the plaza, asking around about employment opportunities in the city

Gather information check[roll0]

In particular I'm looking for jobs that require intelligence or magical ability rather than combat strength

[roll0] hours later, he finds that they're currently hiring scribes at the Scriveners' Guild. Should he wander a little outside of the Plaza in his search, he also spots two or three "Help Wanted" signs posted in the windows of shops in the area.

Crafty Cultist
2012-11-28, 01:12 AM
Noting the scribe vacancy but hoping for more lucrative work, the young man investigates the help wanted signs, sizing up the shops displaying them. He pays attention to the atmosphere of the shops, as well as the names and goods on display.

Rizban
2012-11-28, 02:28 AM
One appears to be a shop titled Deep Delvers Den. From what you can tell, it's an older building and has shovels, pickaxes, and rope on display in the window along with a collection of odd pottery pieces and a few books.

The second is a small tavern named The Dancing Orc. The sign in front is a wooden orc with articulated arms and legs. It hangs from a noose and seems to jerk and "dance" in the wind.

The third is a rather small merchant shop on a side road that's labeled Pirner Outfitters#3

Crafty Cultist
2012-11-28, 02:53 AM
Checking to make sure he's presentable, the man makes his way to Pirners Outfitters. Adjusting his cape, he makes his way inside the store.

Rizban
2012-11-28, 04:14 AM
Inside, he finds a private thread. Link incoming.

Halae
2012-11-28, 08:53 AM
The man just points to the massive, three story inn, walking away as soon as you turn to look where he's pointing.

The man presses a hand to his forehead; why was it that he could be so blind sometimes? The mage will enter the inn; time to find a place to sleep. He'll go up to the bartender if one's available.

Rizban
2012-11-28, 10:11 AM

The bartender just looks at you and continues polishing a glass as you approach.

Slii Arhem
2012-11-29, 11:59 AM
One particular patron of the Sad Flint might catch the wizard's eye as he walks away from the bar with a full pitcher of mead in hand. The man is clothed in dull black pants and a longcoat, with a floppy black hat completing the look. Apart from that the only things that stand out about him is the heavy pack he shoulders and the thick cloth glove on his left hand, pulled over the sleeve of his coat.

Halae
2012-11-29, 12:19 PM
Indeed, the man in the longcoat catches the arcanist's eye, and an idea immediately forms.

He turns towards the bartender; he had been about to say something, but is now distracted, "I'll order in a moment." And without waiting for a response, moves to follow the man who had just left the counter. Assuming he finds a place to sit, the mage will find a chair across from him, "Am I to understand you're some sort of inquisitive or adventurer?"

Slii Arhem
2012-11-29, 10:33 PM
Daniel smiles somewhat, shaking his head once, "An 'Inquisitive' makes it sound nicer than it is. People who know me pay me to find things. Items, information, practical stuff. If someone knows it, I track them down and ask the right questions. If no one's talking then I looking for stuff other people wouldn't notice right away. Not glamorous work, but it's what I do." He looks at the wizard's empty hands and at his own pitcher, "Care to share a drink? I've only got the one mug, but I can drink straight from the pitcher if you'd like to use the mug itself."

Halae
2012-11-30, 03:45 AM
"I'd be thankful for that, yes," the mage says, "My name's Robert Caylen, a wizard from the college of Marlick's Ford. Problem is, wizards who try to make it alone as an adventurer tend to get themselves killed. I'm neither street smart nor terribly good in a fight without my magic, but I can research just about anything you might need to know about magic, if I don't know it off the top of my head. As a Conjurer, I'm also well versed in planar lore, so fiends, celestials, chaonds, and lawfuls, I can tell you about any and all of them."

The way he does his best to keep eye contact throughout the pitch may be a bit disconcerting. One might get the feeling that Robert isn't that great at dealing with people properly. Only once he's waiting for a response will Robert drink from the mug.

rorikdude12
2012-11-30, 09:16 PM
Penname slips into an alley and changes into a half-orc. He puts his hat into his bag of holding.

A half orc enters the Sad Flint and tries to kick over the nearest table! He shouts,

"I Thog!!! I orc! Kick tables!"

He kicks another to demonstrate.

Str check[roll0]
Str check #2 [roll1]

Rizban
2012-11-30, 09:47 PM
The people nearest you, all regular patrons of the Sad Flint, scatter, grabbing their drinks and plates as they go. They know better than that.

The first table you try to kick over, starts to flip. Then, instead of flipping, it merely rears up on its hind legs and tackles you.

[roll0]

The next two tables nearest you shudder and also come to life, moving toward you.

rorikdude12
2012-11-30, 10:14 PM
"Oh no! Bad touch! Table bad!"

Thog tries to wrestle the table away from him.

[roll0]

Slii Arhem
2012-11-30, 11:44 PM
Daniel pauses to watch the spectacle with the assaulted tables, and then the tables that are assaulting their assailant, before answering the wizard, "Daniel. If you're proposing a partnership, I'm interested. We've both just gotten here, which means we're easy pickings for the established folks around. My usual deal is 40% of the monetary take of whatever jobs we work on evenly, and full access to whatever knowledge you find during the jobs to make up for the 10% I'm losing out on. Other details like physical assets are up for discussion, but that's not." He does oh so love his information.

He doesn't seem put off by Robert's gaze, but that might just be the momentary distraction of the disruptive half-orc crashing his way into the bar.

Halae
2012-12-01, 01:35 AM
Robert also turns to watch for a moment. He's not used to seeing rowdy indivudals like the ork there. Or ones missing pronouns. Growing up among scholars tends to leave one with a better vocabulary.

Even as he watches, he says to Daniel, "We each take a 50% profit while working together; I don't care if the information is valuable to you, I'm offering it for free as long as we work together, so we split monetary gains evenly."

Slii Arhem
2012-12-02, 05:02 PM
"See, some noble folks often offer that back, but that 10% helps them remember what I'm losing out on when they start holding out on me. I've partnered up too many times to think that you'll be completely honest about everything you come across with me, offering you extra just makes my self-righteous attitude mean more than nothing when I find out you've been keeping secrets from me. Guess I won't have that satisfaction this time." Daniel smiles sardonically and sets down the pitcher so he can extend his hand properly to Robert.

"Fifty fifty then, and we'll see how long you'll hold to the information end of things. Same goes for me, if you ever need to know something I know."

Halae
2012-12-02, 05:05 PM
Robert Extends his hand to Daniel's to shake, "Fair warning then; I can be absentminded at times, but I will never intentionally withhold information from you, as long as you do the same for me."

Slii Arhem
2012-12-02, 05:23 PM
"Noted. Got a room? Can probably save you some coin if you're looking for a bed. Give me three of the five gold I spent on the room and you can have the bed, two will get you a bedroll on the floor. Either way's fine by me."

Halae
2012-12-02, 05:39 PM
"I hadn't gotten a room yet, no," Robert says, reaching into his pack. He pulls out three gold and hands them to Daniel, "three gold, but we alternate on the bed."

Robert's a bit of an oddball, isn't he? He keeps making things even just slightly harder on himself to be nice.

Slii Arhem
2012-12-02, 06:47 PM
"We'll alternate each night on who pays more and gets the bed. Tonight it's yours. Should probably ask the bartender to give you access to the room though." Daniel partially stands, waiting to see if Robert will get up as well. He also grabs his mostly empty pitcher to take back to the bar, intending to finish it on the way.

Rizban
2012-12-03, 02:18 AM
The bartender says, "Room for two is 9 gold. Room for one with two is 7 gold."

rorikdude12
2012-12-03, 06:20 AM
As Thog continues the wrestling match, he says to the innkeeper, "Thog room! Pay gold! Thog gold!"

Halae
2012-12-03, 07:34 AM
Robert looks over at the bartender, then chuckles, "Damn, they thought this through, eh?" He'll go up to the bartender and hand over five gold, "In that case, I'll just get my own room."

Rizban
2012-12-03, 07:51 AM
As Thog continues the wrestling match, he says to the innkeeper, "Thog room! Pay gold! Thog gold!"

The two supporting tables begin to stomp on "Thog."
The bartender ignores him.

You take [roll0] and [roll1] damage from the stomping.

The table grappling you attempts to pin you down.
[roll2]

Robert looks over at the bartender, then chuckles, "Damn, they thought this through, eh?" He'll go up to the bartender and hand over five gold, "In that case, I'll just get my own room."

"Five gold."

After you pay, he produces a crystal disk and asks you to place your hand on it.

Shmee
2012-12-03, 09:30 AM
Within the Sad Flint, a Dwarf dressed in rags stumbles down from upstairs and makes his way to the innkeeper. He puts down two coins and says "This is for my first friend... I'll be back to pay for my other one." he then gets lost within the crowd, and a few moments later emerges carrying a passed out Human over his left shoulder, with relative ease, all the while mumbling to himself.

As the Dwarf passes the barman, he notices the spectacle of a Half-Orc getting pummeled by some tables. He first rubs his eyes, not believing the sight, then realizing that what he was seeing was real lets out a loud and hideous cackle of a laughter, his breath stinking of alcohol "By Turlat's mug! I only start seeing things after my fourth bottle of booze!"

The Dwarf yells out to the Half-Orc "It seems you are having trouble with the tables... here are some words of wisdom: Don't hunt what you can't kill. Here... let me help you..." using the branch he uses as a walking stick, he drags a stool closer while yelling.
"Start with this stool and then slowly work your way up to a table! You'll soon be fighting doors before you know it!"

The Dwarf starts to cackle again, having completely forgotten that he was carrying a Human over his shoulder.

rorikdude12
2012-12-03, 05:08 PM
[roll0]

Thog, bruised and battered, says in perfectly formed Elven, "Okay, man , I'll pay ten times the rate, just please get these off me!"

He activates his boots and flies up to the ceiling.

Rizban
2012-12-03, 07:12 PM
[roll0]

Thog, bruised and battered, says in perfectly formed Elven, "Okay, man , I'll pay ten times the rate, just please get these off me!"

He activates his boots and flies up to the ceiling.

You fail to escape the grapple.

Your boots are not strong enough to lift you and the table grappling you.

The three tables attack you again, two hit dealing [roll0] and [roll1] damage.

rorikdude12
2012-12-04, 06:22 AM
[roll0]

Thog, the orc, is unconscious on the ground.

Hooray for stabilize rolls!

Rizban
2012-12-06, 10:28 AM
@Slii Arhem and Harnel: I'm waiting on the two of you...

[roll0]

Thog, the orc, is unconscious on the ground.

Hooray for stabilize rolls!The instant you start to lose consciousness, you're hit with an automatic cure light wounds spell for [roll0], negating the need for a stabilization roll (even though it was successful).

The tables toss you out the front door into the streets and resume their usual positions.

The displaced patrons return to their seats, picking up overturned chairs. The general conversation centers around the lack of intelligence in half-orcs for awhile, though there are several mentions of their comedic value.

Slii Arhem
2012-12-06, 10:55 AM

Daniel shrugs, "Three and a half gold a night is still less than five, but suit yourself. I suppose we'll talk in the morning then. If you'll excuse me, I've got a surprisingly eloquent half-orc to go harass for a bit." Daniel gets up out of his seat, leaving the empty pitcher on the table while he walks outside.

Once outside, he'll look down at Thog, attempting to ascertain whether the half-orc is still unconscious or if the tumble in the dirt woke him up. If he is awake, the human will comment, "Awfully big show you put on just to act dumb."

((Sorry Rizban, should have made it clearer that I was waiting on the result of Thog's fight. Next time I'll post OOC saying something.))

Rizban
2012-12-06, 11:27 AM
The two of you hold your conversation in a private thread. Link already sent.

Ahus
2012-12-07, 11:54 AM
A tall lithe, creature with delicate feminine features and enters the square, from the road nearest the Sad Flint tavern. Walking past the doors to the Sad Flint she is nearly flattened by a patron whom came abruptly flying out. The skin of her face nearly matches the grey tone of the dark woolen traveling cloak.
The woman extends her hand to assist the flying man whom she had moments ago dodged. Upon examination she notices that the large man was indeed a half orc, and she retracts her helping hand.
“Filthy creature, you nearly crushed me. “
The woman looks up to see a man standing over the half-orc.
“You know this thing?”

Rizban
2012-12-07, 01:06 PM
Interacting with those two shunts you into the private thread for this encounter. Link incoming.

Halae
2012-12-07, 02:47 PM
Robert, once his room is paid for, will wave to Daniel before heading out into the city. His basic direction is the Guildsman District, but at the moment he's mostly just wandering so he can get a better feel for his surroundings.

Rizban
2012-12-11, 04:50 PM
Wandering off towards Guildsman, he finds his own thread. Link incoming.

rorikdude12
2012-12-15, 04:51 PM
The elf enters the Sad Flint and goes up to the innkeeper.

"Excuse me, might I have a room?"

Ahus
2012-12-18, 11:39 AM
Confused slightly by the goings on in the alley, the female elf nods curtly at the male elf and heads off in the direction of Erbauer's shop.

Rizban
2012-12-18, 03:25 PM
The elf enters the Sad Flint and goes up to the innkeeper.

"Excuse me, might I have a room?"

He looks you up and down briefly, frowns, and says. "50 gold."

Confused slightly by the goings on in the alley, the female elf nods curtly at the male elf and heads off in the direction of Erbauer's shop.You find yourself in a private thread. Link incoming.

rorikdude12
2012-12-19, 06:02 AM
The elf pulls fifty gold from his bag and drops it on the bar.

Rizban
2012-12-19, 09:03 PM
He looks at the money derisively but takes it anyway. Pulling a flat crystal disk out from beneath the counter, he says, "Put your palm on this."

rorikdude12
2012-12-20, 08:18 PM
The elf looks questioningly.

"Why? What does it do?"

Rizban
2012-12-28, 04:16 AM
"It lets you open the door to your room. Do it or don't. Either way, no refunds."

rorikdude12
2012-12-28, 10:27 AM
The elf places his palm on the disk gingerly.

Rizban
2013-01-08, 06:04 PM
Sorry for the delay. I forgot I had people in the streets still...The disk glows briefly.

"Room 222, second floor."

rorikdude12
2013-01-08, 07:35 PM
The elf walks briskly to his room.

If/When he gets there, he cautiously opens the door.

Rizban
2013-01-08, 09:28 PM
Walking up the stairs, you find your own private thread. Link incoming.

bobthe6th
2013-01-19, 10:51 AM
James is stunned by the profusion of color, the people...
The tall thin human in armor leans on the scythe he has been using as a walking staff. He starts just wandering north while staring at the city around himself.

D_Man_7733
2013-01-20, 05:26 AM
The town crier holding nothing of interest to him, the "young" elf walks over to the Sad Flint, inquiring about a room, fingering the pouches at his belt, it is clear that he is slightly less world weary than most, giving away easily that cost won't exactly be a problem.

Realising what he was doing, he corrects himself quickly, sparing a quick ook around the Sad Flint for those who might have noticed... the threat of someone trying to steal from him, was somehow exciting.

Spot: [roll0]

Monodominant
2013-01-20, 09:24 AM
James is stunned by the profusion of color, the people...
The tall thin human in armor leans on the scythe he has been using as a walking staff. He starts just wandering north while staring at the city around himself.

Leaving the plaza and heading North you find yourself in the are that is known as Old Town.

Older buildings, cramped alleys, street vendors and small stores surround you giving you a further feeling of color and chaos. You get bumped a few times as you dont seem to be 'flowing' as easily and despite the perhaps intimidating style of your scyther noone pays great attention to you.

bobthe6th
2013-01-20, 11:14 AM
Leaving the plaza and heading North you find yourself in the are that is known as Old Town.

Older buildings, cramped alleys, street vendors and small stores surround you giving you a further feeling of color and chaos. You get bumped a few times as you dont seem to be 'flowing' as easily and despite the perhaps intimidating style of your scyther noone pays great attention to you.

All his gold is in his back pack... not the easiest place to pick pocket.

Something keeps calling to him, so he keeps going north. It feels like the "right" way to go. He still looks around in wonder, but finds the obvious decay more... comforting.

Monodominant
2013-01-20, 12:08 PM
Its all in the modifiers.

You continue to journey north through the city until you find yourself facing a fairly high stone wall.

To the far east you can see a rather large gate and to the west the wall continuing past the Old Town and towards the Guildsman district.

The city wall is by no means new, especially at this part of the city, but it seems to be maintained to a decent degree and there is little damage to indicate it has ever been breached.

From beyond the wall, almost drowned by the droning of city life around you, you hear the sound of the rushing river.

omnitricks
2013-01-20, 12:15 PM
Having no cases to work on, Valleck rummaged through some of his old notes and records from previous cases to see if there are any promising clients he can follow up with. Hopefully there might be a lead or he would have to use...the crier and that would mean competing for something that everyone else can find out.

I'm not sure if I should be making a check now or if its the right one but just in case
Knowledge local: [roll0]

Regardless of whether or not he found anything once he was done, the private investigator passed through the door looking just like just another human citizen of Aldhaven and headed to the crier to find out if there are any new events of interest he might pick up on before making a decision on what he is going to do.

Disguise: [roll1]

bobthe6th
2013-01-20, 12:46 PM
James looks around for a pebble, and if he finds one he tosses it on top of the wall.
edit: ignore last edit.

Monodominant
2013-01-20, 02:16 PM
You find many pebbles and manage to send one of them clear over the wall.

A guard walking the battlements looks down at you, frowning.

bobthe6th
2013-01-20, 02:20 PM
James starts wandering west east... as he doesn't want any trouble.
nothing to see here
The tug is getting stronger... he must follow it.

Monodominant
2013-01-20, 03:19 PM
You find yourself in a private thread.

thechosen2nd
2013-01-20, 11:16 PM
Goran wanders into the streets of Aldhaven, and immediately feels lost and out of place.

I just don't get it. Why should anyone want to live in such a place as this?
He shakes his head and refocuses himself.
This is what Jed wanted for me. I must at least give it at try.

Finally he has the presence of mind to look up, and notices he is standing directly in front of an Inn called the Sad Flint! How fortuitous!

I suppose this would be a good time to find myself a place to spend the night...

Without too much hesitation, Goran strides through the doorway, and looks for someone to inquire about the cost for a room.

Rizban
2013-01-21, 11:11 AM
The town crier holding nothing of interest to him, the "young" elf walks over to the Sad Flint, inquiring about a room, fingering the pouches at his belt, it is clear that he is slightly less world weary than most, giving away easily that cost won't exactly be a problem.

Realising what he was doing, he corrects himself quickly, sparing a quick ook around the Sad Flint for those who might have noticed... the threat of someone trying to steal from him, was somehow exciting.

Spot: [roll0]

The bartender looks at you for a moment before saying, "Five gold a night."

Having no cases to work on, Valleck rummaged through some of his old notes and records from previous cases to see if there are any promising clients he can follow up with. Hopefully there might be a lead or he would have to use...the crier and that would mean competing for something that everyone else can find out.

I'm not sure if I should be making a check now or if its the right one but just in case

Regardless of whether or not he found anything once he was done, the private investigator passed through the door looking just like just another human citizen of Aldhaven and headed to the crier to find out if there are any new events of interest he might pick up on before making a decision on what he is going to do.

Disguise: [roll1]

Unfortunately, he has only old leads. Nothing current in his case files.

An update to the Town Crier has just been made and will be posted following this post. It has already been edited into the post at the beginning of this thread.

Goran wanders into the streets of Aldhaven, and immediately feels lost and out of place.

I just don't get it. Why should anyone want to live in such a place as this?
He shakes his head and refocuses himself.
This is what Jed wanted for me. I must at least give it at try.

Finally he has the presence of mind to look up, and notices he is standing directly in front of an Inn called the Sad Flint! How fortuitous!

I suppose this would be a good time to find myself a place to spend the night...

Without too much hesitation, Goran strides through the doorway, and looks for someone to inquire about the cost for a room.

The bartender appears to be the man in charge here. After asking him about a room, he looks at you for a moment before saying, "Five gold a night."

omnitricks
2013-01-21, 11:49 AM
The only new news from the crier is for a swordsman...to be hired? That was no use even if it was the other way around. Maybe he could try one of the others, they were just up his alley but it sounded a little bit too dangerous for Valleck. Not without some preparations or information at least.

Knowledge (Local) for where the spies might have captured: 1d20+7
Knowledge (Local) for who is the best person to contact to get involved/hired with investigations/search [roll0]

However given the time that it will take, Valleck decided to head to the Sad Flint and think things through. Maybe he will find out other things of interest by just spending some time there or at least spend the day doing something other than nothing.

"Anything new happening in town lately?" he asked the bartender while ordering a drink among other things.

Gather information to just overhear anything interesting or from casual conversations [roll1]
Time: [roll2] x10 mins

omnitricks
2013-01-21, 12:15 PM
Alright, editing in the missing slash didn't work so I'll just roll here.
Knowledge (local): [roll0]
Sorry for the mess up.

thechosen2nd
2013-01-21, 01:42 PM
Goran discretely pulls five gold coins out of his moneybag and lays them neatly on the counter.

Rizban
2013-01-21, 03:47 PM
Update to the Town Crier

Individual or team of strong character and sharp mind needed to recover stolen item. Inquire of Cassatta at Sunderham's Imports in the Plaza.

A colony of magically altered beavers has infested the river threatening to shut down all trade to the city by water! A bounty has been placed on beaver pelts. Inquire of Sergeant Smithers at the Fortress.

Swordsman for hire. Inquire for Makhain at the Sad Flint. Rates negotiable.

The only new news from the crier is for a swordsman...to be hired? That was no use even if it was the other way around. Maybe he could try one of the others, they were just up his alley but it sounded a little bit too dangerous for Valleck. Not without some preparations or information at least.

Knowledge (Local) for where the spies might have captured: [roll0]
Knowledge (Local) for who is the best person to contact to get involved/hired with investigations/search [roll0]

However given the time that it will take, Valleck decided to head to the Sad Flint and think things through. Maybe he will find out other things of interest by just spending some time there or at least spend the day doing something other than nothing.

"Anything new happening in town lately?" he asked the bartender while ordering a drink among other things.

Gather information to just overhear anything interesting or from casual conversations [roll1]
Time: [roll2] x10 mins
No one seems to know much about the spies. The best place to ask would be with the City Watch headquartered at The Fortress.

Inside the Sad Flint:
The bartender replies, "Yes, you buying a drink or getting lost. Your choice."

Goran discretely pulls five gold coins out of his moneybag and lays them neatly on the counter.

The barkeep picks up the coins and produces a large, flat crystal disk.

"Put your hand on this."

omnitricks
2013-01-21, 10:17 PM
already buying a drink and also just listening to other conversations if he happens to be near. does the latter find anything?

Edit: Actually I guess I wasn't specific enough. Nevermind XD

"That's a great way to talk to a would-have-been paying customer" Valleck commented on the bartender's attitude while putting back the coin he was holding for the drink he ordered. Seeing how coming to the bar turned out as a flop today Valleck took the choice he was given and walked out to his next destination, Sunderham's Imports.

Once he reaches it he will ask around for "where can I find Cassatta" because "I'm here to find out more about the job for the missing item."

thechosen2nd
2013-01-21, 11:15 PM
Goran lays his hand on the disk with a hint of trepidation, and raises an eyebrow at the bartender.

Rizban
2013-01-22, 12:09 AM
already buying a drink and also just listening to other conversations if he happens to be near. does the latter find anything?

Edit: Actually I guess I wasn't specific enough. Nevermind XD

"That's a great way to talk to a would-have-been paying customer" Valleck commented on the bartender's attitude while putting back the coin he was holding for the drink he ordered. Seeing how coming to the bar turned out as a flop today Valleck took the choice he was given and walked out to his next destination, Sunderham's Imports.

Once he reaches it he will ask around for "where can I find Cassatta" because "I'm here to find out more about the job for the missing item."

The bartender just sniffs and ignores you as you walk away. It's obvious that he doesn't care and likely treats everyone this way. Despite that, the Sad Flint remains the most popular tavern in Aldhaven.

You find Sunderham's Imports and enter. Inside, you see a short human sitting behind the counter reading a book. He briefly looks up at you then goes back to reading.

The shop is stocked primarily with spices and fragrant woods, oils and extracts, and a number of curiously carved statuettes. The man speaks without even looking up.

"If you're looking for her, you'll need to try the main office over on Pier 2. This is just the retail location."

Goran lays his hand on the disk with a hint of trepidation, and raises an eyebrow at the bartender.
Your hand melts off
The disk glows briefly, and the barkeep says, "You're in room 285."

He places the disk back beneath the counter and turns to deal with another customer.

thechosen2nd
2013-01-22, 12:40 AM
Goran looks down at his hand quizzically for a moment, then shrugs.

Magic keys, I guess? May as well check out my room then, make sure it worked...

He wanders up the stairs to find room 285.

Rizban
2013-01-22, 12:59 AM
Goran looks down at his hand quizzically for a moment, then shrugs.

Magic keys, I guess? May as well check out my room then, make sure it worked...

He wanders up the stairs to find room 285.

You find a door with a similar crystal in the center of it at chest level. There are no obvious handles or locks. Placing your hand on the crystal causes the door to unlock and open.

It opens onto a 10 x 15 room. There is a bed, a chest of drawers, and a large wooden chest that doubles as a nightstand. There's a rug on the floor and a single small window that lets in light.

http://www.mornproductions.com/images/AVB/SadFlint/SingleBedroom.png

The door has a standard dead bolt to lock it from the inside in addition to the magical lock.

omnitricks
2013-01-22, 05:11 AM
OMG, is that at the dreaded docks :O

"Ah thank you. Do you think you can point me to the right direction?" Valleck asked the man.

Before leaving he took a look at some of those curiously carved statuettes. Maybe he can have some decorate the office.

"Where are these statues from?" he asked the man.

thechosen2nd
2013-01-22, 10:18 PM
Goran puts away everything he doesn't think he will need for the day, and then heads back outside, after carefully ensuring that the door locked behind him.

He wanders out onto the street again, this time listening carefully to the town crier for any jobs he might be interested in. The magic beaver problem catches his eye- something his outdoor experience and marksmanship would surely prove useful for! Goran points himself towards what he hopes is the fortress standing out in the skyline to the north, and begins trying to track down Sergeant Smithers.

Rizban
2013-01-23, 05:54 AM
OMG, is that at the dreaded docks :O

"Ah thank you. Do you think you can point me to the right direction?" Valleck asked the man.

Before leaving he took a look at some of those curiously carved statuettes. Maybe he can have some decorate the office.

"Where are these statues from?" he asked the man.

"It's the first dock you come to. Has a big number 2 on a sign. The shop is right near it, big sign. Can't miss it.

They're from all over..."

Goran puts away everything he doesn't think he will need for the day, and then heads back outside, after carefully ensuring that the door locked behind him.

He wanders out onto the street again, this time listening carefully to the town crier for any jobs he might be interested in. The magic beaver problem catches his eye- something his outdoor experience and marksmanship would surely prove useful for! Goran points himself towards what he hopes is the fortress standing out in the skyline to the north, and begins trying to track down Sergeant Smithers.

The door indeed locks.

He can't actually see the Fortress from the Plaza, though he figures if he just follows the main road that it'll pass by the Fortress eventually. Fortunately, he's right.

You reach a large gatehouse in the city's outer wall, known as Rivergate. It stands open. On the other side, you can see the great river rushing by with a stone causeway built into it just inches above water level, the river flowing through channels under and through the stone. The Fortress is built on a large island in the middle of the causeway.

Looking past the island, you can see another large gatehouse on the far shore. Just beyond this gatehouse is the Docks and outer slums of the city. A shudder sneaks its way down your back.

omnitricks
2013-01-23, 06:47 AM
"From all over you say?" Valleck asked slightly interested. Having lived in Aldhaven for a long time, a curiosity from outside would give him a chance to reacquaint with something lost.

"Maybe I'll come along and have a look next time" he said before leaving through the door to head to Pier 2.

When he reaches the office he'd ask the same things he asked the shopkeeper earlier.

I assume its still morning now right?

Rizban
2013-01-23, 08:35 AM
"From all over you say?" Valleck asked slightly interested. Having lived in Aldhaven for a long time, a curiosity from outside would give him a chance to reacquaint with something lost.

"Maybe I'll come along and have a look next time" he said before leaving through the door to head to Pier 2.

When he reaches the office he'd ask the same things he asked the shopkeeper earlier.

I assume its still morning now right?

Yes, it's currently morning. Unfortunately, you can't just skip straight to the office at Pier 2.You reach a large gatehouse in the city's outer wall, known as Rivergate. It stands open. On the other side, you can see the great river rushing by with a stone causeway built into it just inches above water level, the river flowing through channels under and through the stone. The Fortress is built on a large island in the middle of the causeway.

Looking past the island, you can see another large gatehouse on the far shore. Just beyond this gatehouse is the Docks and outer slums of the city. A shudder sneaks its way down your back.

omnitricks
2013-01-23, 09:33 AM
Even in the morning, the events that normally haunted the docks are not unknown to Valleck. That was probably the reason of the shiver on his back.

Before even thinking of stepping through the gatehouse, Valleck looked around it and past it to see if there are any workers at the docks today or guards. Wait do guards even dare visit the docks?

Knowledge (Local) for guard presence on dock: [roll0]

thechosen2nd
2013-01-23, 10:20 AM
Goran steels himself, suppressing and all of his instincts which are screaming at him to head back to the forest where he belongs, and makes his way down the causeway towards the entrance of the fortress.

Lokio
2013-01-24, 12:45 PM
A beautiful blonde woman with a bright red cloak wrapped around her hopped off a little carriage's side as it entered the Plaza. She smiled to herself; finally, she was in Aldhaven! A place of opportunity, of people and fun. Sure, she knew the rumours - a woman such as Oriana Renfrew had heard along the way that it was tough in the city - but she wasn't about to let that stop her!

Looking around as she listened to the Crier, she decided that her first order of business would be to find a place to stay for a reasonable price. Shelter was important to survival - and this girl was a survivor!

Flashing a charming smile and chatting up some of the locals, Oriana looked for an inn that was relatively safe and comfortable at reasonable prices. She was also curious as to any inns that were busy where a good singer could make some coin.

[roll0] Gather Information

D_Man_7733
2013-01-25, 06:17 PM

The bartender looks at you for a moment before saying, "Five gold a night."

The young elf takes a deep breath and reaches into his pocket to grab the gold, passing it to the barkeep, he tries to listen to the conversations going on around the tables. "Just one night for now" He mutters to the bartender.

Listen: [roll0]

Rizban
2013-01-29, 02:13 PM
Sorry for the delay folks. Was having internet problems.

Even in the morning, the events that normally haunted the docks are not unknown to Valleck. That was probably the reason of the shiver on his back.

Before even thinking of stepping through the gatehouse, Valleck looked around it and past it to see if there are any workers at the docks today or guards. Wait do guards even dare visit the docks?

Knowledge (Local) for guard presence on dock:You can see humanoids walking about the Docks in the distance and a group of 10 or so humanoids gathered around Dockside Gate, but you can not identify more from this side of the river.

You do not know enough about the current situation in the Docks to know whether or not the City Watch has any meaningful presence there.

Goran steels himself, suppressing and all of his instincts which are screaming at him to head back to the forest where he belongs, and makes his way down the causeway towards the entrance of the fortress.
You are met by a large group of heavily armed guards apparently screening people as they leave the Docks to enter the city. As you approach, one of them stops you.

"Hold! What business have you in the Docks?"

A beautiful blonde woman with a bright red cloak wrapped around her hopped off a little carriage's side as it entered the Plaza. She smiled to herself; finally, she was in Aldhaven! A place of opportunity, of people and fun. Sure, she knew the rumours - a woman such as Oriana Renfrew had heard along the way that it was tough in the city - but she wasn't about to let that stop her!

Looking around as she listened to the Crier, she decided that her first order of business would be to find a place to stay for a reasonable price. Shelter was important to survival - and this girl was a survivor!

Flashing a charming smile and chatting up some of the locals, Oriana looked for an inn that was relatively safe and comfortable at reasonable prices. She was also curious as to any inns that were busy where a good singer could make some coin.

Gather InformationAfter [roll0] hours of asking around, she finds that the Sad Flint is the best inn and gathering place for out-of-towners. She also learns that there are a few smaller places to stay on the side streets, but no one recommends anything specific to her.

The young elf takes a deep breath and reaches into his pocket to grab the gold, passing it to the barkeep, he tries to listen to the conversations going on around the tables. "Just one night for now" He mutters to the bartender.

Listen: The barkeep takes a small crystal disk out from under the counter and sets it before you.

"Put your hand on this."

A peculiar quality of the Sad Flint is that it is particularly difficult to simply overhear conversations. They all seem to blend into an almost unintelligible background buzz. The little that you are able to discern, however, seems to be focused around slaughtering "monsters" in caverns and taking their stuff.

D_Man_7733
2013-01-29, 07:55 PM
Raising a quizical eyebrow, Andehn puts his hand on the crystal, eyeing it suspiciously.

Lokio
2013-01-29, 08:55 PM
Hearing the rumours, Oriana continued to spend some more time searching for information about safe and comfortable long-term boarding houses as opposed to inns.

[roll0] for [roll1] hours.

In any case, this evening, she would be checking into the Sad Flint. There was something to be said for adventurers and big, public gatherings to get a sense of what was going on in town...

...and of course, maybe there was a chance to sing and get started on her fine new career!

The thought made her smile as she entered the Sad Flint and looked around.

Rizban
2013-01-30, 06:20 AM
Raising a quizical eyebrow, Andehn puts his hand on the crystal, eyeing it suspiciously.

The disk glows briefly. He returns the disk to its place.

"Room 235, second floor."

Hearing the rumours, Oriana continued to spend some more time searching for information about safe and comfortable long-term boarding houses as opposed to inns.

[roll0] for [roll1] hours.

In any case, this evening, she would be checking into the Sad Flint. There was something to be said for adventurers and big, public gatherings to get a sense of what was going on in town...

...and of course, maybe there was a chance to sing and get started on her fine new career!

The thought made her smile as she entered the Sad Flint and looked around.She quickly learns that long term residence requires a permit of residency from the city.

omnitricks
2013-01-30, 10:07 AM
Valleck looked at the sun before making the decision to get to his destination and back long before the light went out. Taking the first few steps he continued to walk towards the gatehouse while keeping a close eye on the humanoids before deciding to continue further past the second gatehouse.

thechosen2nd
2013-01-30, 05:16 PM
"Hold! What business have you in the Docks?"

Goran slows, and holds his hands up in a display of peace.
""I'm looking for Sergeant Smithers, regarding information about the bounty on beaver pelts. Am I in the right place?"

Lokio
2013-01-30, 06:20 PM
Oriana slips up to the bar and flashes her brilliant smile at the big half-giant bartender. "Hey there," she says pleasantly when he has a second. "How's the night going? Could I trouble you for some white wine, please?"

She is not being overly flirtateous but certainly friendly. The girl was fairly outgoing and liked people, and knew the value of a bartender at a big inn liking you if you were a bard.

[roll0] Diplomacy to improve his disposition toward her

rorikdude12
2013-02-01, 05:31 PM
A short, pudgy half-elf steps out of the Sad Flint.

Rizban
2013-02-07, 01:14 PM
Sorry for the delay. I've been dealing with a lot of personal stuff this past week.

Valleck looked at the sun before making the decision to get to his destination and back long before the light went out. Taking the first few steps he continued to walk towards the gatehouse while keeping a close eye on the humanoids before deciding to continue further past the second gatehouse.

It is currently mid morning, about 10 AM.

The humanoids appear to be members of the City Watch who are monitoring all traffic in and out of the Docks.

Goran slows, and holds his hands up in a display of peace.
""I'm looking for Sergeant Smithers, regarding information about the bounty on beaver pelts. Am I in the right place?"
"You'll need to head up to the Fortress, the big fort on the island right there. A guard at the gate can direct you to him. Sorry for the inconvenience."

The guard smiles at you as you make your way to the Fortress.

Once there, you find a small side door open to the side of the large gates, which are closed. Two guards there ask your intentions as you approach.

Oriana slips up to the bar and flashes her brilliant smile at the big half-giant bartender. "Hey there," she says pleasantly when he has a second. "How's the night going? Could I trouble you for some white wine, please?"

She is not being overly flirtateous but certainly friendly. The girl was fairly outgoing and liked people, and knew the value of a bartender at a big inn liking you if you were a bard.

[roll0] Diplomacy to improve his disposition toward her

He fails to smile, but his voice is a little less gruff than usual as he pours the wine.

"Two gold a glass."

A short, pudgy half-elf steps out of the Sad Flint.
You are back in the Plaza, but you do not have to return to this thread unless you're trying to meet other players... In which case, only one is in the immediate area.

omnitricks
2013-02-07, 01:30 PM
For Valleck if they were guards they shouldn't do him any harm. After all he has been working on the right side of the law and had a few cases from them but wait...he was in disguise. Nevertheless he was not up to any mischief and continued walking towards them.

He asked one of the guards there "can you point me to towards Sunderham Import's main offices at Pier 2?"

Lokio
2013-02-07, 10:06 PM
The singer smiled and placed two gold on the bar for the drink. "Thanks so much, hun. How's business these days? Any need for a song to bring some cheer?" she asked, her little dimple going as she did.

Rizban
2013-02-10, 02:03 PM
For Valleck if they were guards they shouldn't do him any harm. After all he has been working on the right side of the law and had a few cases from them but wait...he was in disguise. Nevertheless he was not up to any mischief and continued walking towards them.

He asked one of the guards there "can you point me to towards Sunderham Import's main offices at Pier 2?"

"Halt! What is... er um... yeah. Just turn left at the first main intersection and head down it 'til you see the piers on your left. Can't miss it.

Oh, watch out for the hobs. They're out an about this time of day."

The singer smiled and placed two gold on the bar for the drink. "Thanks so much, hun. How's business these days? Any need for a song to bring some cheer?" she asked, her little dimple going as she did.

He pockets the gold and says, "No rule against it."

omnitricks
2013-02-11, 12:21 AM
Valleck nods his head and continued on as far as he could towards the first intersection as long as he did not see anyone else especially the hobs the guards were talking about. If he does see anything else on his path he will stop and hide while trying to make out what they are.

However if he is able to make it to the intersection no problem, he will stop and hide to take a peek towards his next destination following his own practices for any hobs or likely dangers.

On the way he'll try his best to recall what exactly he knew about these hobs the guards were talking about.

Hide: [roll1]
Spot: [roll2]

D_Man_7733
2013-02-13, 01:15 AM
Looking at his hand Andhen, proceeds up the stars looking for his room, staring at the palm of his hand, once he finds it he attempts to open the door into his room.

Rizban
2013-02-23, 02:37 AM
Oops! Sorry! I somehow unsubscribed myself from this thread. Fixed now!
Valleck nods his head and continued on as far as he could towards the first intersection as long as he did not see anyone else especially the hobs the guards were talking about. If he does see anything else on his path he will stop and hide while trying to make out what they are.

However if he is able to make it to the intersection no problem, he will stop and hide to take a peek towards his next destination following his own practices for any hobs or likely dangers.

On the way he'll try his best to recall what exactly he knew about these hobs the guards were talking about.

Hide: [roll1]
Spot: [roll2]

And by entering the Docks, you have earned a private thread. Link incoming via PM.
Looking at his hand Andhen, proceeds up the stars looking for his room, staring at the palm of his hand, once he finds it he attempts to open the door into his room.

You find your door has a crystal in the center of it at chest level. There are no obvious handles or locks. Placing your hand on the crystal causes the door to unlock and open.

It opens onto a 10 x 15 room. There is a bed, a chest of drawers, and a large wooden chest that doubles as a nightstand. There's a rug on the floor and a single small window that lets in light.

http://www.aldhaven.com/images/maps/SadFlint/SingleBedroom.png

The door has a standard dead bolt to lock it from the inside in addition to the magical lock.

Noctemwolf
2013-02-25, 12:33 AM
Sibidel

...It is currently mid morning, about 10 AM...

"This city is quite the sight, huh?"

Sibidel deftly worked his way between the crowds, listening to all the different people as he searched for an Inn or something of the like to spend his first night in the city at.

"Sure is different from the country, I'll give it that. So much more crowded..."

And that many more pockets full of cash and other valuables. Sibidel stifled a smile. This was his first foray into being his own man. He hoped not to disappoint himself. He would be more the man than his father ever was.

Noticing the Sad Flint Inn, he navigates through the early morning traveler's and merchant men towards it.

"A good night's rest is probably in order later."

He planned to begin exploring more of the city tomorrow, perhaps meet a few folks and get himself worked into the community. He had very few skills that other's actually needed, save his ability to get to spaces other only dreamed of. That, and his skills as a locksmith in case someone locked themselves out of their house.

D_Man_7733
2013-02-25, 12:58 AM
Sliding the deadbolt across the door, Andhen begins donning his weapons and hiding them on his person, using the reflection on the mirror if there is one to see how well he has hidden them, leaving only his sickle and punching dagger visible where one would normally have weapons.

(can the window be opened, and does it look like it can be opened from the outside?)

Sleight of hand to hide the 5 daggers d20+13 (+11 skill, +2 because they are daggers.)
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

[roll3]
[roll4]
If I only need one slight of hand roll, then just use the top one.

The Grue
2013-02-25, 05:25 AM
A scruffy-looking human enters the plaza from the direction of the docks lugging a wooden chest. He wanders along the street, taking in the sights, stopping for a few moments to listen to a town crier on a corner.

Individual or team of strong character and sharp mind needed to recover stolen item. Inquire of Islabera at Sendungen Imports in the Plaza.

He glances around briefly, seeing if he can spot the establishment mentioned...

Since it's mentioned in the first post I assume it's not necessary to roll to find it. Knowledge (Local) - [roll0], curious if Simon knows anything about the shop.

...then begins searching for lodgings.

The Flint I presume? I gather it's the one of the most obvious structures in the plaza. Another Knowledge (Local) - [roll1], as above to see what if anything Simon has heard about it.

SillyAsFun
2013-02-25, 01:38 PM
Only one person in a million becomes enlightened without a teacher's help.
- Bodhidharma

Cassiel eased her way gingerly through the crowded thoroughfare. An odd sight, as she was covered in heavy armour with an ornamental golden paint highlighting every edge, her blonde hair on the doorstep of rebellion against whatever neat haircut she last had three weeks ago. A civilian in costly soldier's garb; she wasn't the pristine image of what she had long ago aspired to be. Of what others had wanted her to want. To this second, she was now another element in a long supply chain of a battlefield too vast to envision. Looking over the various races around her, she didn't need a paladin to tell her that the preferences and demarcations and alliances of who stood where were often too obscure to unquestionably know. It was in this way she forgave her present ambiguity.

However many aeons ago the war over every heart and soul of the innocent had started was no more transparent to her than where Cassiel wanted to stand in it. But she doubted her worth could truly be found on the front lines. The unadorned longsword strapped to her side was as much a symbol of her devotion as was the silver lightning bolt around her neck. Besides her allegiance to Heironous, and since learning the refined basics of battle a month ago, she hadn't decided what path to pursue.

Today, she wanted that uncertainty put to the sword.

Cassiel had started angling towards the western avenue before she hesitated, using her shield to gently nudge herself free of the press of pedestrians. She frowned as she glanced back at the bored guards. Boredom could clip the attention of even dedicated eyes and ears; a truth she had learned from rare postings as a temple guardian. She fought the living current to then approach the pair.

“Holy be, warriors. It's a fine day for your task,” she said, upbeat. Far from standing in front of them and blocking their view, as would most that had no experience in these matters, she instead stood alongside them, both guards to her right, her back to the petrified king. Golden eyes that discarded even the darkest nights were cast outwards then as she temporarily added her own efforts to their sagging spirits.

“How fares the vigil?”

Actions & thoughts so far...

Church training in basics finished about a month ago (let's say); haven't chosen a clear path since. Started walking west, but then head back and stood with back to fountain, right beside the bored guards. Just talk to them because they're bored without blocking their view.

Also keep an eye on the crowd, just to help.

Rolling for local knowledge and eyesight...

She's supposed to have lived in Aldhaven a few years, thanks to her 'uncle' in Pelor's church, and her own lawful church. Not knowing about law enforcement seems wrong.

(Questions)

Is citizen's arrest exist allowed and if yes, what are the limits? How far can a civilian get involved with helping out guards if they're in danger? I'd be surprised if adding a extra pair of eyes (even briefly) to the guards is violating a law, but tell me if they still see it as being a problem.

Knowledge Local: [roll0]
Spot [roll1]

Rizban
2013-02-25, 07:54 PM
Omnitricks, I'm waiting for your reply to my PM before making your private thread...

Sibidel

"This city is quite the sight, huh?"

Sibidel deftly worked his way between the crowds, listening to all the different people as he searched for an Inn or something of the like to spend his first night in the city at.

"Sure is different from the country, I'll give it that. So much more crowded..."

And that many more pockets full of cash and other valuables. Sibidel stifled a smile. This was his first foray into being his own man. He hoped not to disappoint himself. He would be more the man than his father ever was.

Noticing the Sad Flint Inn, he navigates through the early morning traveler's and merchant men towards it.

"A good night's rest is probably in order later."

He planned to begin exploring more of the city tomorrow, perhaps meet a few folks and get himself worked into the community. He had very few skills that other's actually needed, save his ability to get to spaces other only dreamed of. That, and his skills as a locksmith in case someone locked themselves out of their house.

You are standing before the large, three-story building that dominates the area. You notice several people walking in and out as well as a place around the side to temporarily hit one's mount. The building is freshly painted and looks practically new despite its age. A large sign out front has bold letters which prominently read "Sad Flint."

Nothing much happens until you take an action other than to approach the building.

Sliding the deadbolt across the door, Andhen begins donning his weapons and hiding them on his person, using the reflection on the mirror if there is one to see how well he has hidden them, leaving only his sickle and punching dagger visible where one would normally have weapons.

(can the window be opened, and does it look like it can be opened from the outside?)

Sleight of hand to hide the 5 daggers d20+13 (+11 skill, +2 because they are daggers.)
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

[roll3]
[roll4]
If I only need one slight of hand roll, then just use the top one.
The window is built firmly into the wall and cannot be opened from either side.1
A scruffy-looking human enters the plaza from the direction of the docks lugging a wooden chest. He wanders along the street, taking in the sights, stopping for a few moments to listen to a town crier on a corner.

He glances around briefly, seeing if he can spot the establishment mentioned...

Since it's mentioned in the first post I assume it's not necessary to roll to find it. Knowledge (Local) - [roll0], curious if Simon knows anything about the shop.

...then begins searching for lodgings.

The Flint I presume? I gather it's the one of the most obvious structures in the plaza. Another Knowledge (Local) - [roll1], as above to see what if anything Simon has heard about it.
You know that the company has a store front right here in the Plaza. In fact, it's just right over there. :smalltongue: You also know that this isn't the only location they have in the city, though the specifics of the other locations are beyond your area of expertise.

All you really know about the Flint is what you've already seen in the thread. Rumors abound, but they all say pretty much the same. "It's where all the cool adventurers hang out."1
Only one person in a million becomes enlightened without a teacher's help.
- Bodhidharma

Cassiel eased her way gingerly through the crowded thoroughfare. An odd sight, as she was covered in heavy armour with an ornamental golden paint highlighting every edge, her blonde hair on the doorstep of rebellion against whatever neat haircut she last had three weeks ago. A civilian in costly soldier's garb; she wasn't the pristine image of what she had long ago aspired to be. Of what others had wanted her to want. To this second, she was now another element in a long supply chain of a battlefield too vast to envision. Looking over the various races around her, she didn't need a paladin to tell her that the preferences and demarcations and alliances of who stood where were often too obscure to unquestionably know. It was in this way she forgave her present ambiguity.

However many aeons ago the war over every heart and soul of the innocent had started was no more transparent to her than where Cassiel wanted to stand in it. But she doubted her worth could truly be found on the front lines. The unadorned longsword strapped to her side was as much a symbol of her devotion as was the silver lightning bolt around her neck. Besides her allegiance to Heironous, and since learning the refined basics of battle a month ago, she hadn't decided what path to pursue.

Today, she wanted that uncertainty put to the sword.

Cassiel had started angling towards the western avenue before she hesitated, using her shield to gently nudge herself free of the press of pedestrians. She frowned as she glanced back at the bored guards. Boredom could clip the attention of even dedicated eyes and ears; a truth she had learned from rare postings as a temple guardian. She fought the living current to then approach the pair.

“Holy be, warriors. It's a fine day for your task,” she said, upbeat. Far from standing in front of them and blocking their view, as would most that had no experience in these matters, she instead stood alongside them, both guards to her right, her back to the petrified king. Golden eyes that discarded even the darkest nights were cast outwards then as she temporarily added her own efforts to their sagging spirits.

“How fares the vigil?”

Actions & thoughts so far...

Church training in basics finished about a month ago (let's say); haven't chosen a clear path since. Started walking west, but then head back and stood with back to fountain, right beside the bored guards. Just talk to them because they're bored without blocking their view.

Also keep an eye on the crowd, just to help.

Rolling for local knowledge and eyesight...

She's supposed to have lived in Aldhaven a few years, thanks to her 'uncle' in Pelor's church, and her own lawful church. Not knowing about law enforcement seems wrong.

(Questions)

Is citizen's arrest exist allowed and if yes, what are the limits? How far can a civilian get involved with helping out guards if they're in danger? I'd be surprised if adding a extra pair of eyes (even briefly) to the guards is violating a law, but tell me if they still see it as being a problem.

Knowledge Local: [roll0]
Spot [roll1]

"Good."
In your character's case, the following applies:
A Legal Resident may lawfully detain anyone who is a known criminal and has a public warrant out for his arrest.
If any of the above restrictions are not met, the person must pay a fine for unlawful detainment.

The Grue
2013-02-26, 01:17 AM
Simon and his wooden chest make their way to and enter the Sad Flint.

Taking as read the description of the Flint's interior, Simon inquires with the barkeep as to the price of a room.

Rizban
2013-02-26, 01:24 AM
Thankful for lack of need to copy/paste, the bartender smiles.

"Room is 5 gold a night. Having a special though. Pay a week up front, and it's only 30 'stead of 35."

Noctemwolf
2013-02-26, 02:43 AM
You are standing before the large, three-story building that dominates the area. You notice several people walking in and out as well as a place around the side to temporarily hit one's mount. The building is freshly painted and looks practically new despite its age. A large sign out front has bold letters which prominently read "Sad Flint."

Nothing much happens until you take an action other than to approach the building.

Preparing to enter the Sad Flint, Sibidel manage's to overhear some news from the town crier that catches his attention.

"Individual or team of strong character and sharp mind needed to recover stolen item. Inquire of Islabera at Sendungen Imports in the Plaza."

"Hm. That might actually be a good way to get my foot in the door. We shall see."

In the mean time, he decides, it would be good to get a rate and perhaps reserve a room until more permanent living arrangements could be provided.

Sibidel enters the Sad Flint.

Rizban
2013-02-26, 02:53 AM
Preparing to enter the Sad Flint, Sibidel manage's to overhear some news from the town crier that catches his attention.

"Individual or team of strong character and sharp mind needed to recover stolen item. Inquire of Islabera at Sendungen Imports in the Plaza."

"Hm. That might actually be a good way to get my foot in the door. We shall see."

In the mean time, he decides, it would be good to get a rate and perhaps reserve a room until more permanent living arrangements could be provided.

Sibidel enters the Sad Flint.The interior of the Sad Flint is quite crowded. People are coming and going all over the rather large barroom. Patrons of any possible description abound, most content to drink the beers in their hands. No one bothers to turn their head when yet another patron walks in. The atmosphere of the place is slightly dingy, but comfortable.

Noctemwolf
2013-02-26, 03:13 AM

Sibidel strides over to the bar (As well as a short person can stride, anyway) and takes a seat.

"Bartender." he speaks in an even tone.
"Are you the owner here? Who do I talk to about renting a room?"

Rizban
2013-02-26, 03:17 AM
Sibidel strides over to the bar (As well as a short person can stride, anyway) and takes a seat.

"Bartender." he speaks in an even tone.
"Are you the owner here? Who do I talk to about renting a room?"

"You talk to me. 5 gold a night."

He blatantly ignores your first question.

The Grue
2013-02-26, 03:22 AM
Thankful for lack of need to copy/paste, the bartender smiles.

"Room is 5 gold a night. Having a special though. Pay a week up front, and it's only 30 'stead of 35."

Simon smiles back. "Lucky me, then." He counts out thirty gold pieces from his coinpurse into three stacks, then slides them across to the bartender.

Rizban
2013-02-26, 04:01 AM
The barkeep collects the coins before he takes a crystal disk from beneath the bar and places it before you.

"Put your palm on this."

Noctemwolf
2013-02-26, 04:06 AM
"You talk to me. 5 gold a night."

He blatantly ignores your first question.

"Five a night? Rather pricy. Must be rather posh then, aye?"

[roll0] +10 [25] minor ledgerman, mostly for Sibidel's own amusement.

He begins counting off coin's in a whisper while the bartender speaks with a fellow patron.

"One... Two... Three..."

he rolls a few off various fingers, stacking them up. The seventh coin ends up flipping a short way and landing neatly on the pile.

"...Twenty-four... Twenty-five..."

another is flipped delicately through the fingers of both hands before ending up on the short stack.

"...Thirty-Five. Enough for seven nights, no?"

another two coins end up on the table.

"Oh, and, a small cup of mead would be lovely, bartender." his smile seems little more than an amused smirk.

Simon smiles back. "Lucky me, then." He counts out thirty gold pieces from his coinpurse into three stacks, then slides them across to the bartender.

Sibidel watches the transaction with a passing interest while counting his gold out, if only waiting for his turn to get a room.

The Grue
2013-02-26, 04:28 AM

"...Twenty-four... Twenty-five..."

another is flipped delicately through the fingers of both hands before ending up on the short stack.

The glint of gold catches Simon's eye, and he watches the little performance for a few seconds. "Pretty deft with yer fingers there, friend," he says to the man. "Bet a bloke with your skill finds plenty of chance to make use of it, yeah?"

The barkeep collects the coins before he takes a crystal disk from beneath the bar and places it before you.

"Put your palm on this."

Simon does as he's told.

Rizban
2013-02-26, 04:36 AM
"Five a night? Rather pricy. Must be rather posh then, aye?""It's the going rate."

Simon does as he's told.The disk glows briefly.

"You're in room 212, second floor."

Sibidel watches the transaction with a passing interest while counting his gold out, if only waiting for his turn to get a room.The barkeep collects Sibidel's coins and indicates the disk on the bar top.

"Place your palm on this."

Noctemwolf
2013-02-26, 05:06 AM
The glint of gold catches Simon's eye, and he watches the little performance for a few seconds. "Pretty deft with yer fingers there, friend," he says to the man. "Bet a bloke with your skill finds plenty of chance to make use of it, yeah?"

Sibidel give a wry smile. "Sure. Entertaining a few folks for an hour? Done. Making a ladies evening? Of course. Anything else? Depends on the job. And the price."

"It's the going rate."

The barkeep collects Sibidel's coins and indicates the disk on the bar top.

"Place your palm on this."

His smile turns to a frown of frustration as the Barkeep places the disk on the counter.

"Not much for talk, eh?" Sibidel places his hand on the disk.

Rizban
2013-02-26, 05:17 AM
His smile turns to a frown of frustration as the Barkeep places the disk on the counter.

"Not much for talk, eh?" Sibidel places his hand on the disk.

The disk glows briefly.

"Talk doesn't pay. You're in room 274, second floor near the back."

SillyAsFun
2013-02-26, 03:01 PM
“Excellent. Too often a just path is mistaken an empty one,” Cassiel commented. “Most appreciate your efforts.” She grew quiet as she considered her own tenuous position. After a long moment, she began again. “Truth being, I may find myself needing to be among your ranks in the coming months, circumstance insisting. Do you know who I might have to seek out if I wanted employment with the guard?”

The heaving and ebbing crowd was more a blur to her, Cassiel found herself unable to distinguish small details to do with emblems and symbols, let alone pickpockets. She smiled to herself. There was good reason she hadn't ever put her name forward for permanent positions as a temple guardian.

IC:

Any particular person I'd have to look for if I wanted to get hired by the guard?

OOC:

Do you need diplomacy to improve a NPC's attitude? Or can it be done without?

Rizban
2013-02-26, 09:41 PM
“Excellent. Too often a just path is mistaken an empty one,” Cassiel commented. “Most appreciate your efforts.” She grew quiet as she considered her own tenuous position. After a long moment, she began again. “Truth being, I may try myself needing to be among your ranks in the coming months, circumstance insisting. Do you know who I might have to seek out if I wanted employment with the guard?”

The heaving and ebbing crowd was more a blur to her, Cassiel found herself unable to distinguish small details to do with emblems and symbols, let alone pickpockets. She smiled to herself. There was good reason she hadn't ever put her name forward for permanent positions as a temple guardian.

IC:

Any particular person I'd have to look for if I wanted to get hired by the guard?

OOC:

Do you need diplomacy to improve a NPC's attitude? Or can it be done without?

"Oh? You'll have to inquire at the Fortress. Just keep following Mastiff nor'west 'til you hit Nobles' then head north 'til you reach it. Can't help ya more than that."The skill helps, but your actions always influence an NPC's perception of you.

SillyAsFun
2013-02-27, 08:36 AM
“Well – not legally,” Cassiel quipped wryly. For the first time in the exchange, she turned from the crowd to the guard besides. “Regardless, thank you. I have other intentions for now, but it would still be a small blessing to know who tried guiding me down the right path today. May I know your name?” She extended her hand. “I'm Cassiel.”

IC:

It never hurts to ask, I think. I'll stop bothering (?) the guard after this. Going to go west to the temple district.

OOC:

You said not to assume things, so having lived in the city for over a decade now...does Heironeous have a temple in the city? I put it in my background that they trained her since she was a child. My aim is to go to their temple next. Or wherever Heironeous' followers train and teach in Aldhaven (I'm going to feel very dumb if that's the Fortress).

Rizban
2013-02-27, 07:06 PM
“Well – not legally,” Cassiel quipped wryly.Before you can say anything else, the guard snaps to attention and places one hand on the manacles strapped to his belt.

"What's that supposed to mean?!"

Noctemwolf
2013-02-27, 08:14 PM
The disk glows briefly.

"Talk doesn't pay. You're in room 274, second floor near the back."

"That'll do."

Turning now to Simon, Sibidel gives a nonchalant shrug.

"So, why is it you point out my skills? You have something for me?"

SillyAsFun
2013-02-27, 08:33 PM
“That I couldn't expect you to assist further, as you would then fall short in the duty,” Cassiel began calmly, “and privilege, we uphold in their defence.”

A gesture deliberate in its ease and slowness was made towards the crowd. Far from being surprised or even frazzled, several years of working within her church had given her occasional encounters with the overeager, and the understanding that most were actually well-intentioned people, not petty tyrants. But outside of certain religious circles, she had grown accustomed to a greater degree of sensibility; in not having to justify every word that would just as easily been deemed innocent. Her eyes met his plainly to allow an easy gauge to her truthfulness.

“Nothing that would disgrace either of us, warrior.”

She frowned.

“Now, do you still doubt my intent, or may I leave? I have business with my church,” she said, still largely at ease.

Depending on how this goes, head west to the temple district if allowed.

If not I'll flow with whatever questions he throws out or follow him if need be.

The Grue
2013-02-27, 11:49 PM
Simon gives a thankful nod to the bartender.

"So, why is it you point out my skills? You have something for me?"

"Tell you what mate," he says. "We're on the same floor, and I've been luggin' this chest around all morning so me arms are getting a bit tired. Help me get 'er up to my room, and we can have a chat there."

Noctemwolf
2013-02-28, 01:02 AM
Sibidel

"Tell you what mate," he says. "We're on the same floor, and I've been luggin' this chest around all morning so me arms are getting a bit tired. Help me get 'er up to my room, and we can have a chat there."

Sibidel immediately grows apprehensive, and studies Simon in earnest.

"Any particular reason we can't chat here?"

Wondering if I might get a description of your character. Race, clothes, appearance, and so on?

Also, [roll0] +2 [10]

The Grue
2013-02-28, 02:30 AM
"Any particular reason we can't chat here?"

Simon raises an eyebrow. "Well, 'cause I don't want to be overheard, thought that'd be obvious. What I got in mind needs discretion, and you strike me as the discreet type. Am I wrong?"

I'm terrible at descriptions, so the basics: Human, unshaven, short dark hair. Wearing a wool cloak and warm, if simple-looking clothes. Not wearing obvious armour, carrying a rapier sheathed at his side.

Noctemwolf
2013-02-28, 03:05 AM
Sibidel

Simon raises an eyebrow. "Well, 'cause I don't want to be overheard, thought that'd be obvious. What I got in mind needs discretion, and you strike me as the discreet type. Am I wrong?"

I'm terrible at descriptions, so the basics: Human, unshaven, short dark hair. Wearing a wool cloak and warm, if simple-looking clothes. Not wearing obvious armour, carrying a rapier sheathed at his side.

"Like I said, depends on the job. But I'm sure I can handle it," he gives a small smile.

Sibidel is willing to help you carry the chest up the stairs, but hes going to keep an eye on you the whole time. Just in case. Oh, and, he's a gnome if you hadn't realized that before. Thought it might be good to let you know.

Thundercracker
2013-02-28, 04:20 AM
Katoerian

Dust caked his boots, and his legs ached, but he'd finally arrived. The young man walked up to the Sad Flint, and stepped inside.

Once past the threshold, he took in the foyer and looked for what most represented an innkeeper.

"I need a room for the night, and a bath. Are they available?" he asked, "where should I go to obtain legal residency within the city?"

Rizban
2013-02-28, 04:23 AM
Upstairs, the two of you garner a private team up thread and are only the second group in nearly three years to get a team thread before an individual one.

Rizban
2013-02-28, 04:26 AM
Katoerian

Dust caked his boots, and his legs ached, but he'd finally arrived. The young man walked up to the Sad Flint, and stepped inside.

Once past the threshold, he took in the foyer and looked for what most represented an innkeeper.

"I need a room for the night, and a bath. Are they available?" he asked, "where should I go to obtain legal residency within the city?"

"Yes, you do. 5 gold a night."

He ignores your second question.

Thundercracker
2013-02-28, 05:03 AM
Katoerian

The young man purses his lips and hands over the gold.

Edit: If the half-giant doesn't say anything else of note, Katoerian will head to his room, take a bath, then return to the Plaza and ask a guard about residency within the city.

Rizban
2013-02-28, 05:40 AM
The barkeep pockets the gold and retrieves a flat crystal disk from beneath the bar.

"Put your hand on this."

Thundercracker
2013-02-28, 06:07 AM
Katoerian warily places his hand on the disk.

Rizban
2013-02-28, 08:27 PM
The disk glows briefly.

"Room 247, second floor."

He returns the disk to its place behind the counter.

Thundercracker
2013-02-28, 08:52 PM
Katoerian finds his room, takes a bath, and grabs a few hours of sleep. If uninterrupted, and it is still daylight, he will now return to the Plaza and approach one of the guards to ask for directions to where he can seek an audience with Archduke Wolfram Rocholl, or his representative.

If it is evening, he will instead have a drink in the common room.

Rizban
2013-03-01, 02:35 AM
Katoerian finds his room, takes a bath, and grabs a few hours of sleep. If uninterrupted, and it is still daylight, he will now return to the Plaza and approach one of the guards to ask for directions to where he can seek an audience with Archduke Wolfram Rocholl, or his representative.

If it is evening, he will instead have a drink in the common room.

The door opens onto a 10 x 15 room. There is a bed, a chest of drawers, and a large wooden chest that doubles as a nightstand. There's a rug on the floor and a single small window that lets in light.*

http://www.aldhaven.com/images/maps/SadFlint/SingleBedroom.png

You bathe in the common bath down the hall.

Later, when you speak to the guard, he laughs in your face.

"Ho!" {gasp} "That's a good one. Boy, if you have to ask that, then you ain't qualified to even catch his attention, let alone get an audience."

Thundercracker
2013-03-01, 03:58 AM
Katoerian

"It's not for me," Katoerian said, "it's for my employer, he's scheduled to arrive within a fortnight. If you would help me out, I'll be sure to pass your name on to him, mister..."

Rizban
2013-03-01, 04:00 PM
He continues to chuckle.

"Whatever, kid. You'll have to go to the Nobles' Quarter for that, just follow the road that way. Good luck."

He points down the road to the northwest.

Thundercracker
2013-03-01, 07:40 PM
Katoerian nods curtly and walks towards the noble's quarter, following the guard's directions.

Rizban
2013-03-01, 07:47 PM
A few short blocks walk finds you standing near the looming wall of the Nobles' Quarter. The 20-foot walls built on the top of a 10 to 15-foot tall natural stone outcropping blocks out nearly half the sky from this angle.

The street turns north as it meets the wall. In that direction, you can see the gate into the Nobles' Quarter at the top of a somewhat steep road.

Thundercracker
2013-03-02, 03:18 AM
Katoerian moves north, towards the gate. If it is open, he will enter.