PDA

View Full Version : AVB - The Fuzzy One

Rizban
2012-10-18, 04:01 PM
This thread is for Jeriah and her GM ONLY. Please do not read it if you are not one of those two people.

It arrives at the university on the edge of Old Town. A large, wrought iron gate stands open in front of the campus, topped by a sign which reads "Aldhaven Royal University of Scientific Esoterica." It seems as if there is a student organization fair going on at this very moment. A large sign points the way to the registration office.

Jeriah
2012-10-18, 04:08 PM
Well, THAT was fast. :smalltongue:
Looking around briefly, the creature glances at how long the line for registration is before it approaches the nearest booth.

Rizban
2012-10-18, 04:32 PM
There appears to be only about four people waiting in line for registration at this time.

The nearest booth is for some sort of intramural sports team, a sport your character does not recognize.

Jeriah
2012-10-18, 04:41 PM
Being completely uninterested in sports, it slinks off towards the registration office, Hiding as it goes in an attempt to sneak to the front of the line and into the office when next it opens.

[roll0]

Rizban
2012-10-18, 04:46 PM
You wait until the current student leaves then successfully sneak into the office, the door closing automatically behind you. You hear a faint exclamation of confusion and irritation from the student who thought he was next in line as you usurp his position.

Inside, a stern looking woman sits at a desk, a slight frown on her lips as she spots you slink through the door. She appears to be trying to decide how to deal with a pest who just entered her office uninvited.

Jeriah
2012-10-18, 08:14 PM
Rising up on her hind legs, she snatches a pen with her tail and a piece of paper with her hands, rapidly writing on it.

"I'm here to enroll in the university, please."

Rizban
2012-10-18, 08:39 PM
About to summon someone to dispose of the rodent problem, the woman pauses.

"Are you someone's familiar then? A messenger, perhaps?"

Jeriah
2012-10-18, 08:40 PM
Strongly shaking her head no, she writes.

"I'm an intelligent and powerful mage! I want to expand my abilities."

Rizban
2012-10-18, 08:43 PM
"Indeed... and are you able to speak?"

Jeriah
2012-10-18, 08:46 PM
She begins to nod as she chitters in her native language.

"One speak Common, yes. Is not comfort on tongue. No fun to speak it."

Rizban
2012-10-18, 08:53 PM
"I see. I'm assuming you don't have the usual identification papers; however, provided that you can demonstrate your current magical abilities, I'm sure we can find a place for you in this university."

You noticed when you entered the room that the stern elf female you see before you is an illusion. Beneath it is actually a grumpy half-orc woman with a wicked smirk.

Jeriah
2012-10-18, 08:57 PM
Speaking to the woman purely with telepathy, she says

{Madam orc, if you wish, I could dispel that elven illusion that seems to be plaguing you.}

[roll0]

That's TWO single digit rolls...

Rizban
2012-10-18, 09:05 PM
The elven illusion maintains its stern glare, but the smirk on the real orc's face vanishes entirely, replaced by irritation.

"No, thank you, that will do."

She pushes some paperwork towards you.

"Fill these out and select any of the freshman classes from the course manual, then turn them in to the secretary out front. If you need help, find a faculty adviser. First half of tuition is due in two weeks, the day before classes start."

Jeriah
2012-10-18, 09:28 PM
Taking the paperwork, she walks back out of the office, finds a place to sit, and gets to work on it, doing the best she can.

(Making an Int check per your IM)
[roll0]

Rizban
2012-10-18, 11:21 PM
After a few hours, she manages to fill out the paperwork, though she keeps getting interrupted by students who stop to stare and several girls who think you just look so adorable with you little pen and paper and such a sewious wook on your widdle face.

Jeriah
2012-10-18, 11:56 PM
She bares her teeth at the interruptions, but the probably just think she's smiling. The morons.

Finally finishing, she selects only a basic class on Library Studies or whatever class will get her into the library on a regular basis. She turns in the paperwork to the secretary as instructed, thanks her, and, assuming everything is in order, proceeds out of the building to try to find a way to pay her tuition.

Rizban
2012-10-19, 12:59 AM
Everything indeed appears in order, despite the difficulty of the paperwork.

Outside, she finds that the student organization fair is coming to a close, and several of the booths have already been taken down while others are beginning to pack up. A few persistently hang in there, apparently trying to contact every last person that they can.

Jeriah
2012-10-19, 02:35 AM
Assuming she doesn't see anything that's some sort of obvious payment program, she heads back out to the Plaza and into the Sad Flint. She tries to stay out of sight [roll0].

Rizban
2012-10-19, 02:37 AM

*sigh*

You know the drill. Copy/Paste it is then.The interior of the Sad Flint is quite crowded. People are coming and going all over the rather large barroom. Patrons of any possible description abound, most content to drink the beers in their hands. No one bothers to turn their head when yet another patron walks in. The atmosphere of the place is slightly dingy, but comfortable.

A lone half-giant is serving as the bartender at the long bar across from the entrance. Round tables with an average of four chairs each litter the common area, although several have borrowed chairs from others nearby. More than half of them seem occupied by patrons of some description and number. A pair of armored bouncers guard a double door along the west wall.

Barmaids of many different races weave in and out of the traffic, delivering food and drinks, as well as picking up empty crockery and more than a few pick-up lines.

Jeriah
2012-10-19, 02:41 AM
Reaching out with her mind, she attempts to contact the barkeep.

{Good evening, sir barkeep. This message is strictly between the two of us. I have heard tell that there are jobs available here for... skilled labor and would like to apply.}

Rizban
2012-10-19, 02:52 AM
As soon as you finish "speaking," a spike of pain stabs through your head and a loud crackling noise fills your sense. A voice booms in your mind, sending shudders through your body.

{DO NOT PRESUME, LITTLE PEST, THAT YOU ARE SO SUPERIOR.}

The pain subsides, and the voice becomes more normal.

{Speak to the two guards in the back, by the double doors. Give them this token and tell 'em "Fuzzy Wuzzy was a behir."} The barkeep flips a small, wooden coin at you. It lands on the floor in front of you as you regain your senses and the power of the mental wards surrounding the barkeep fade from your mind.

Jeriah
2012-10-19, 02:55 AM
She slowly picks herself up from her position sprawled out on the floor. Taking the coin in hand, she proceeds to the two guards, handing one of them the coin.

"Fuzzy Wuzzy was a behir."

Rizban
2012-10-19, 02:59 AM
The guards silently usher you through the door, closing it behind you.

On the other side is a dwarf sitting at a desk with a pile of papers strewn about. He glances up as you enter and says, "Oh, another one? Sign this and please don't get fur on my paperwork." He pushes a paper your direction.

The walls are bare stone, and behind him is a black door made of iron.

Jeriah
2012-10-19, 03:23 AM
Taking the pen with her tail, she signs the paperwork.

Rizban
2012-10-19, 03:26 AM
You find that the contract is a standard non-disclosure agreement requiring the undersigned and nd all associated entities within his party that are so beholden to him to agree not to discuss anything seen in the rooms beyond or discuss the nature of the jobs found within, except the job that the person ends up taking with the person who hired it. Convoluted legal language fills the contract tying up loopholes and leaving little room for interpretation to finangle your way out. One odd passage mentions something about a needle mine, but the specifics will be hard to parse out without legal training.

The dwarf thanks you, and waves you on through the black door.

On the other side is a well groomed halfling standing between two spiral staircases. "Employer or Employee?" he asks.

Jeriah
2012-10-19, 03:31 AM
"Employee?"

Rizban
2012-10-19, 03:41 AM
"Right this way then. Come along, little puppy."

He cheerfully takes you up the left-hand staircase. He opens the door at the top and ushers you on through.

On the other side are long hallways with labels describing the sort of jobs offered along that hall.

Jeriah
2012-10-19, 03:44 AM
Grumbling mentally, she ascends the stairs and begins to explore the halls, looking at signs.

Rizban
2012-10-19, 03:44 AM
The signs all advertise various roles, such as "Protection - offensive" or "Defense - pro-active". Most any sort of hired service that one would want an adventurer is represented.

give a fluffy description of the category you're looking for in the fashion of the examples given and I'll populate the hall with adventure seeds.

Jeriah
2012-10-19, 03:46 AM
She searches for one that appears to be dealing with fighting some sort of thugs, maybe breaking up a protection racket or a gang or something.

Rizban
2012-10-19, 03:47 AM
She finds one labeled "Defense, gang related - proactive."

It opens easily. Inside is a bare white room. The only change from the endless white is a black stone set in the center of the ceiling. "Name?" a female voice says from the stone.

Jeriah
2012-10-19, 03:48 AM
In response to the query, she says, "My name is," the emits a loud purring noise followed by two short squeaks.

Rizban
2012-10-19, 03:52 AM
"What sort of talents do you bring with you? Playing fetch is not what's needed here."

Jeriah
2012-10-19, 03:53 AM
I have magical talents and extensive telepathy as well as being able to easily pierce illusion and magical concealment.

Rizban
2012-10-19, 03:53 AM
"Indeed, a small demonstration, if you please. To prove you are not boasting foundlessly."

Rizban
2012-10-19, 04:04 AM
A section of the far wall recedes and slides back. You hear the voice call out from beyond. "Please proceed. That demonstration was sufficient."

Okay, that is WEIRD. I definitely replied to what you posted...

Jeriah
2012-10-19, 04:04 AM
She looks around.

"There is nothing magically shrouded in this room."

She uses Magic Insight to Identify the stone on the ceiling.

"The stone is [insert explanation here]."

She then breathes fire a few times in quick succession.

"Sufficient?"

Jeriah
2012-10-19, 04:05 AM
A section of the far wall recedes and slides back. You hear the voice call out from beyond. "Please proceed. That demonstration was sufficient."

Okay, that is WEIRD. I definitely replied to what you posted...Very weird...She confidently trots through the far door on all fours.

Rizban
2012-10-19, 04:07 AM
The next room is nearly identical to the first, except that a small apparently elf woman sits on a small stone block in the center of it.

The woman says, "You appear to have the sorts of talents that Mr. Beckenbauer would find useful. Do you have any questions of me?"

Jeriah
2012-10-19, 04:08 AM
What is job?

Rizban
2012-10-19, 04:09 AM
"There appears to be a local street gang giving Mr. Beckenbauer trouble. He wants them dealt with. You and he will personally negotiate out your contract requirements."

The woman gives you a piece of paper with an address in South Market on it. "You will find your new employer at this location. Any other questions?"

Jeriah
2012-10-21, 01:48 AM
She thanks the woman and leaves, trying to find her way to the address in South Market.

Rizban
2012-10-21, 01:25 PM
She can find it with a sufficient k(loc) check or asking directions.

Jeriah
2012-10-22, 01:01 AM
She suddenly realizes she should have asked the woman for directions to go with the address.

Returning to the bar, she approaches the bartender and humbly requests directions.

Rizban
2012-10-22, 01:50 AM
"Look, I'm not some punk kid on the street. I don't just give information."

Jeriah
2012-10-22, 01:37 PM
She nods and scribbles on a bar napkin: "IOU 100gp."
She signs it with a tiny paw print.

"Is okay? Will pay."

Rizban
2012-10-22, 01:38 PM
The bartender looks at the napkin before sneering. He puts it in his pocket and sighs.

"Fine, but no more tabs. You get there by..." He gives you a detailed street by street path to get there.

"Don't come back until you have my gold, or you won't like what happens. Now get out."

Jeriah
2012-10-22, 01:40 PM
She thanks him happily, moving toward the address as quickly and stealthily as possible.

[roll0]

Rizban
2012-10-22, 02:01 PM
She arrives to find a small store with a sign that reads simply "Quality Goods." It seems to be an older building with slightly crumbling masonry and warped wood, but it still seems in overall good condition. Though old, it has been well maintained through the years.

The front door stands open, and you can see a human male in his 50s polishing an oak counter top. From what you can see inside, the shop seems to see various simple farming tools and supplies: rakes, hoes, shovels, rope, bags of feed, and the like.

Jeriah
2012-10-22, 02:11 PM
Boldly walking inside, she approaches the counter.

Rizban
2012-10-22, 02:14 PM
He grabs a broom and moves to chase you with it.

"Out! Out you varmit! Out I say!"

Jeriah
2012-10-22, 02:16 PM
She cowers down but stands her ground, holding up the piece of paper given her by the woman at the Sad Flint like a shield.

Rizban
2012-10-22, 02:32 PM
Stopping the broom midswing, the man stumbles slightly.

"Wha-? Is this some kind of a joke?! I paid them good money to find a capable warrior, and I get an oversized mouse? Oh, they'll hear about this!"

Jeriah
2012-10-22, 10:02 PM
"No joke. Very strong and have surprise. Will fix problem easy. Very easy. Let me do this."

Rizban
2012-10-23, 01:09 PM
"O-Okay... I'll let you try, but if you fail, we'll both be dead.

There's this local gang, pretty small. Small enough that the don't cause much trouble but strong enough that we can't hope to fight back and win. They hit every shop on this block for protection money, and they beat anyone who doesn't pay. They killed Old Lady Johann three days ago and threw her body in the river. I need you to protect us from them. Please."

Jeriah
2012-10-23, 04:09 PM
"What you pay me?"

Rizban
2012-10-23, 04:10 PM
"I can give you 350 gold."

Jeriah
2012-10-23, 04:10 PM
"Not enough. Bye."

She turns to leave.

Rizban
2012-10-23, 04:13 PM
"Wait! Wait! I... I can see if we can get some money together. M-Maybe one t-thousand?"

Jeriah
2012-10-24, 08:26 PM
"Acceptable.

How many in gang? Where is gang?"

Rizban
2012-10-24, 09:41 PM
"I-I'm not sure. I've never seen more then three, but the boss never comes by. So, at least four, probably more.

They hang out in the abandoned house a few doors down. I just can't get the Watch to go in there, because they say there's not enough evidence for a warrant." He spits at this.

"But we all know they're in there... somewhere."

Jeriah
2012-10-24, 11:11 PM
"Hmm. Wait here or go there? I wait here until come. Then go there. Come today?"

Rizban
2012-10-24, 11:16 PM
"Er... Wha? Oh! Yes, they'll come to..."

His face suddenly goes pale. You hear a voice behind you, coming from the open door to the shop.

"What's this? You get youself a guard dog, old man? You shouldn't've done that. I'm gonna ki' you dog and rough you up hard."

You hear two other voices laugh.

Roll initiative.

Jeriah
2012-10-25, 12:55 AM
She, of course, knew they were coming with her Mindsight.

[roll0]

Rizban
2012-10-25, 01:04 AM
One of the two laughing thugs moves to block the door, making sure the "doggy" can't escape.

You win initiative against the other two.

They are all three clumped close together near the door.

Jeriah
2012-10-25, 01:09 AM
She lets out a small "Bark" that sounds passably as a dog then belches forth a sticky miasma.

15ft cone. Half [roll0] fire damage. Ref DC16 for half that.

Any that take damage are entangled for [roll1] rounds, taking 1d6 additional fire damage at the start of each of my turns.

Rizban
2012-10-25, 01:15 AM
All three fail their saves.

The one that threatened to kill you looks afraid but determined. Dragging his feet towards you, he swings his sword at your head, connecting brutally with your unprotected shoulder.

[roll0]

The other two begin to try to flee, held down by your clinging flames.

They all three take [roll1] fire damage.

One of the two trying to flee collapses from the heat and burning wounds.

Your turn.

Jeriah
2012-10-25, 01:24 AM
Taking a 5ft step back, she shoots the runner if she can, the leader if she can't, with a [roll0] lightning breath in a 30ft line. Ref DC16 half.

Rizban
2012-10-25, 01:45 AM
She just manages to hit the runner through the doorway. He falls unconscious and continues to burn.

The leader takes another swing at you.
[roll0]

Jeriah
2012-10-25, 01:48 AM
They take [roll0] fire damage. (Two more turns on that)

She takes another step back and speaks.

"Stop now or die. Choose."
[roll1]

Rizban
2012-10-25, 01:58 AM
He drops the sword and falls to his knees.

"Don't ki' me lil magic dog. I'll pay you, man. Pay you big."

Jeriah
2012-10-25, 02:03 AM
[roll0] (one more after this)

"Okay. You live. Maybe."

Rizban
2012-10-25, 02:03 AM
He begs you.

"Please dun ki' me! Please!"

He starts to cry as he beats uselessly at the flames.

Jeriah
2012-10-25, 02:08 AM
[roll0] The flames go out.

Assuming he's still conscious, "Okay, you live."

Rizban
2012-10-25, 02:17 AM
He remains conscious but appears ready to succumb to his wounds at any moment. The other two burn to death in the street.

Jeriah
2012-10-25, 02:33 AM
"You want help me? Help me good for you."

Use charm person, DC 15.

Rizban
2012-10-25, 02:37 AM
He, of course, rolls a natural 1... :smallannoyed:

"Yes, yes, glad to help a friend!"

Jeriah
2012-10-26, 02:57 PM
"Please show me your base. Want be friends with your other friends."

Rizban
2012-10-26, 04:03 PM
He seems hesitant. "I... I can't d-do that. That wouldn't make the guys very happy. Besides, I may forgive you for their deaths, buddy, but the boss man will want to kill you for what you did to Johann and Albert."

Jeriah
2012-10-26, 04:22 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]

"Please? I want make things right. Take me to him?"

Rizban
2012-10-26, 04:39 PM
"Uh... a-alright. I'll take you."

He rises unsteadily to his feet and walks out the door, pausing only briefly to look over his shoulder at you to see if you're following.

Jeriah
2012-10-26, 04:52 PM
She follows. Just before leaving the shop, she turns to the owner and says.
"Be back for gold. Please have ready."

Rizban
2012-10-26, 04:53 PM
He just stands there in obvious shock. The broom falls to the floor as his grip loosens, but he fails to move until after you are out of sight.

Jeriah
2012-10-26, 06:27 PM
She knows the shopkeeper will have the gold ready when she returns... assuming he knows what's good for him.

She continues to follow the thug back to wherever he is leading her.

Rizban
2012-10-29, 12:20 AM
He leads her back to a two story house that shows signs of having been abandoned some time ago. The windows and front door are all boarded up. Weeds poke through the cobblestone, and the house is in significant disrepair.

He looks both ways then steps into the alley, heading toward the back of the house.

Rizban
2012-11-12, 06:38 AM
Are you still playing?

Jeriah
2012-11-12, 07:41 AM
Yeah, but having so many merchant players and so few adventuring players is making me completely rethink this character. I mean, you know where I was wanting to go with her, and there's not really a venue for that right now. Leveling up meaninglessly at this point is just that... The only interesting player right now is Fallen, but he doesn't even use items... Maybe if we did an amulet instead of a weapon? It just seems SO much less cool though.Looking around her and listening intently, she follows.

Rizban
2012-11-12, 07:50 AM
He opens a rear door, which practically falls off of its hinges, and walks inside. Able to see clearly into the shadowy room, you see him stumble on a few pieces of battered and broken furniture as he makes his way towards stairs leading down into the basement.

Jeriah
2012-11-12, 08:27 AM
Not seeing any other option, she hides in the shadows and silently follows him.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Rizban
2012-11-12, 10:57 AM
The thug walks into the basement and calls out.

"Hey, we're back."

Jeriah
2012-11-14, 07:37 AM
She tenses up and remains hidden to the best of her ability.

Rizban
2012-11-14, 07:41 AM
"We? Where are Jack and Sammy?"

The leader steps out of the shadows. You notice two others lounging around the basement.

The basement itself seems to be filled with crates and barrels with rough furniture fashioned out of worn blankets, random pillows, and the aforementioned crates. One large chair, originally of rather good quality, sits on one wall like a throne, obviously for the gang's leader. The lighting here is poor, not that it affects you.

Jeriah
2012-11-19, 08:50 AM
Before he can reply, she fires a line of electricity at the leader.
[roll0]

Rizban
2012-11-19, 09:05 AM
She catches him off guard, and he takes the full brunt of the attack.

Roll initiative.

Jeriah
2012-11-19, 11:44 PM
She prepares for combat! [roll0]

Rizban
2012-11-20, 12:24 AM
She looses initiative.

Boss
"Ally"
Thug 1
Thug 2
You

"You're dead! You're all DEAD!"

He draws his weapon and rushes toward your ally, missing with his attack in his anger.

"Hey now, boss, don't do this. I did what you told me, and I brought back a friend who is really strong to help us. I... I..."

He shakes his head to clear it, your charm over him is broken.

"That little... Boss, it had me magicked! I'm on your side."

He draws his weapon and takes a total defense action.

The two thugs draw weapons and make their way past all the debris to you, but you are able to act before they can attack.

Jeriah
2012-11-27, 02:16 PM
She breathes fire on the two thugs near her.

15ft cone [roll0] Ref DC17 half

Rizban
2012-11-27, 02:47 PM
Both fail their reflex saves, taking full damage.

The leader hacks viciously at your former "ally," whose burned and broken body crumbles under the assault. His corpse collapses on the floor, dead before it even settles.

The two near you stab at you with their daggers, but only one manages to land a blow, dealing [roll0] damage.

Your turn.

Jeriah
2012-12-09, 10:56 AM
She takes a step back and breathes on them again.

15ft cone [roll0] Ref DC17 half

Rizban
2012-12-11, 05:09 PM
They both fail their saves.

They move forward, attempting to flank you. One provokes an AoO as he moves around you.

They both manage to stab you, dealing [roll0] and [roll1] damage.

The leader kicks at the corpse of your "ally" and turns toward you, coming to within melee range.

Jeriah
2012-12-19, 08:01 PM
She again takes a step back to engulf all of them in her breath attack.

15ft cone [roll0] Ref DC17 half [roll1] rounds

Rizban
2012-12-19, 09:09 PM
All three again fail their saves.

Surrounding you again, they move to attack. One thug provokes an AoO.

One of the thugs misses, the second hits for [roll0] damage, and the boss hacks at you viciously with a short sword for [roll1] damage.

Jeriah
2012-12-19, 09:15 PM
This time, she takes the AoO, despite knowing she'll inflict no damage.

[roll0] -Damage - [1]

They all take [roll1] fire damage. 1 round remains.

She takes a 5ft step back, firing off another breath attack.
15ft cone [roll2] Ref DC17 half

Ugh, bad roll formatting. Fixed now.

Rizban
2012-12-19, 09:29 PM
Your AoO misses.

The latent fire drops one of the two thugs, and your follow up breath attack ends his life.

1The leader roars at you in rage and hacks at you as hard as he can, dealing another [roll0] damage.

The other minor thug seems afraid for his life but more afraid of his boss. He too attacks, dealing [roll1] damage.

Jeriah
2012-12-19, 09:48 PM
Knowing she is about to die does not hamper her in any way. She continues to back down the hallway and assault her enemies.

They both take continued damage from [roll0].

5ft step and another full breath attack.
15ft cone [roll1] Ref DC17 half

Rizban
2012-12-19, 09:55 PM
You kill the second thug, and the leader makes his save.

Fortunately, he also misses you with his attack.

Jeriah
2012-12-19, 10:06 PM
Encouraged, she laughs a short, barking laugh and takes another step back.

ZOT! 30ft line [roll0] Ref DC17 half

Rizban
2012-12-19, 10:08 PM
His body goes into convulsions as he falls to the ground unconscious.

Jeriah
2012-12-19, 10:09 PM
She zots him twice more for good measure but decides not to take the opportunity to gloat. [roll0] [roll1]

Taking 20 for a 23 on Search, she searches the four corpses and the room.

Rizban
2012-12-19, 10:12 PM
He'd dead, all dead. You go through his pockets and look for loose change.

On the four thugs, you find [roll0] gold.
Their armor has been burned beyond use, but their weapons are intact.
Searching the room, you find three vials of apparently magical liquid, another [roll1] gold, and a small cache of what appears to be drugs and alcohol.

Monodominant
2013-01-20, 09:16 AM
Bump. In case you are interested in continuing I spoke with Rizban about taking over the thread.

Let us know.

Jeriah
2013-01-21, 03:25 AM
I mean, I guess so. I really wanted to do a team up thing with someone so I could become their magic weapon. It doesn't really matter to me at this point though, because I don't really see anyone who would actually post and actually be interested in a team up.

Monodominant
2013-01-22, 03:21 AM
Team ups are problematic as someone might drop, slow post or in general not work out. The team up for example we had to take down the Jacks lasted like a month+ for a few hours in game...

Anyway, its up to you... if you want to continue its your turn to post as Rizban had given you result of your actions.

Rizban
2013-01-23, 06:14 AM
You might not like this, but my character would probably be willing to team up with yours...

Jeriah
2013-01-28, 10:30 AM
You might not like this, but my character would probably be willing to team up with yours...

That sounds quite acceptable.

Monodominant
2013-01-29, 04:34 AM
Good to hear.

We still need to get you from here to a plausible way of meeting etc. So shall we carry on with this scene?

Jeriah
2013-02-05, 10:14 AM
She takes everything, including any XP and heads back to the guy who hired her.

Monodominant
2013-02-06, 04:00 PM
About XP, Rizban has to tell us how much cause I dont the CR of the encounter...

You return to the store where you find the owner trying clean the place from the burned corpses.

"Oh!... oh! You are back! And alive!!!" he says and seems genuinely happy.

Jeriah
2013-02-22, 11:56 PM
"And they are not. You should have no more problems from them."Sorry about the slow reply. My laptop was stolen, and I had to save up for a new one.

Rizban
2013-02-23, 12:04 AM
Ah, oops, haven't been checking the thread. Didn't realize I forgot to give you XP.

You get 450xp for defeating the first group of three in the shop.
You get another 420xp for the fight in the basement.
Whatever story xp you get for wrapping this up is entirely up to Monodominant.

Jeriah
2013-02-25, 08:48 PM
Bump! Hey, Mono, not sure if you saw that I posted or not...

Monodominant
2013-02-27, 05:10 PM
Even more surprised he claps his hands.

"That is truly good news!!! We are finally free from them! I... I dont have your reward yet. I spoke with some folk who will also benefit and they agreed to pool the money. I should have it tomorrow by midday! Is that okay?" he asks you.

You also gain 500 story xp for completing the quest.

Jeriah
2013-02-27, 07:24 PM
"That is... adequate. I will remain here and rest until you have the gold together for me."

She moves over to a corner of the shop and curls up to rest, almost daring the shopkeeper to tell her otherwise.

Jeriah
2013-02-28, 04:34 AM
I can has post? :smallfrown:
Sorry, I've just seen you online updating other threads and feel left out.

Monodominant
2013-02-28, 04:37 AM
Doing my rounds :D

The night passes uneventfully and you find yourself waking up next to a plate of cold beef and milk.

The man returns a while later with a sack filled with small coin denomination that amounts to the agreed fee.

"Er... how will you carry this?"

Jeriah
2013-02-28, 04:44 AM
"You will carry it. I will follow you to the nearest bank and deposit it into an account."

Monodominant
2013-02-28, 04:57 AM
The man complies and you head out.

You reach the bank and he enters with you.

A guard in a uniform that matches the banks colors looks down towards you.

"Sorry sir, no pets allowed..." he says firmly.

The merchant looks at you and then at the guard a bit lost for words.

Jeriah
2013-03-02, 12:38 AM
Standing up on her hind legs, she says defiantly.

"I am no pet! I simply have my associate carrying my bag, as I lack the arm strength to do so."

Monodominant
2013-03-03, 05:37 PM
A yelp of surprise later and some effort from the merchant the guard is calmer and you have opened an account in the bank.

Your money is deposited, the merchant thanks you profoundly and departs.

Jeriah
2013-03-05, 07:58 AM
Unsure what to do at the moment, she requests that the DM maybe suggest something. Her player isn't really good at figuring out where to go after a plot line wraps up...

Monodominant
2013-03-05, 03:08 PM
Well, Aldhaven is pretty sandboxy as concept...

What are your goals for this character? What do you want to achieve, where do you the character in a few levels etc...

Jeriah
2013-03-05, 06:06 PM
My goal is to gain a level as quickly as possible then go possess a magic weapon belonging to another player so that I can corrupt them into becoming more Evil.

Monodominant
2013-03-06, 04:44 PM
You imagine that scouring the city for opportunities would be more time consuming than the simple and quick way to power... that way passes through the Sad Flint were employment and opportunities for wealth and experience can be found aplenty.

Jeriah
2013-03-06, 11:09 PM
She heads that way and enters the Flint.

Monodominant
2013-03-07, 04:06 PM
The Sad Flint seems unchanged... other than clientele that is.

The half-Giant bartender eyes you as you enter and remembering the interaction from last time you get shivers.

Assuming you follow the same process you are once more shown through the double doors to the waiting dwarf accountant.

"Oh you again? Well... despite you having done this before you need to sign again." he explains.

Strangely, you realise you have almost no recollection of what goes on behind the doors located at the back of this room... other than that you got a job offer.

Jeriah
2013-03-08, 08:31 AM
Before she heads into the back room, she pays Joss the bartender the 100gp she owes him. She would rather not disappear without a trace into the back rooms of the Flint.

She signs the document and proceeds to the Employee hallway.

Monodominant
2013-03-11, 03:45 AM
The Half-Giant nods as you return the money. In his 'weird' manner the fact that you kept your word seems to please him enough so he doesnt comment.

The halfling inside leads you through the door for Employee and once more you find yourself in the room with the many corridors.

Jeriah
2013-03-11, 10:16 AM
She wanders around randomly a bit before finally stopping to read a sign.

Monodominant
2013-03-12, 05:45 AM
The sign reads 'Problem solving, terminal'.

Jeriah
2013-03-12, 05:50 AM
She looks at the nearby rooms with similar titles.

Monodominant
2013-03-13, 06:07 AM
There is a sign at the lip of each corridor describing types of jobs... at the doors themselves there are either empty placeholders or actual nametags...

To speed things up (as I am unsure if you need another corridor or a random door) I will post for both.

One of the rooms to your left in the same corridor has a nametag that reads 'Eleana Diversi". The one across it is blank and there are 6 more doors down this corridor.

The corridor right after the one you just checked has a sign that reads 'Problem solving, quiet' and has 8 doors as well... only 5 of the doors carry nametags.

Jeriah
2013-03-13, 10:16 PM
She proceeds to "Problem Solving, Quiet" and reads the name tags. If any feel promising to her, then she will likely enter that room.

However, her curiosity piqued, she looks at the title on the next corridor before proceeding down this one.

Monodominant
2013-03-14, 04:27 AM
The next corridor has a sign that reads 'Problem Solving, Investigative'

The doors with nametags on the corridor you actually chose have the following names:

Laurentius
Ethel Drumwhittle
Josua Breidy
Malgorzata Ballux
Vulpus Mercutio

Jeriah
2013-03-14, 05:03 AM
She enters the room labeled "Ethel Drumwhittle".

Monodominant
2013-03-14, 05:11 AM
The room is empty save for a small stone set in the wall across.

A disembodied voice rings out from it.

"Please state your name and describe your abilities"

Jeriah
2013-03-14, 10:56 PM
She sighs and mutters "This again..."

Taking a breath, "I have several magical abilities, identification, true seeing, can spit fire and electricity, et cetera. As you can see, I'm also very small and nondescript."

She identifies the speaking stone and spews a few gouts of flame into the air as proof.

Monodominant
2013-03-15, 04:32 AM
There is no response but the wall slides away revealing a strangely attractive tiefling female.

"Very well. Those skills can be useful for the employer... do you have opposable thumbs though? How would you open a closed door if it had to be done quietly and without making a sound?"

Jeriah
2013-03-18, 06:34 AM
Passing through the door, she takes out the dagger she looted from the thug, tosses it from one hand to the other, then catches it up in her tail and swings it around in a complicated arc.

"I have better than most."

Monodominant
2013-03-18, 09:39 AM
The tiefling seems impressed and nods.

"That is more than adequate. Is there any information you wish to ask of the employers before I give you the address?"

Jeriah
2013-03-18, 11:21 AM
"What kind of job is this? What, basically, is asked of me?"

Monodominant
2013-03-18, 03:08 PM
"As you might know we do not have full knowledge of the job the client was done for operational security reasons.

In short it removes the removal of a rival or enemy of miss Drumwhittle in a manner that will not arise suspision."