PDA

View Full Version : Yugioh RP (IC)

Tsumeken
2012-10-19, 06:49 AM
A few months have passed since the internationally broadcast tournaments that had ignited the drie of those who had yet to try the newest and fastest growing craze of games. Known as "Duel Monsters", the TCG grabbed the attention of many with it's artwork and gameplay. You even found yourself getting into the hype as you have gotten your own deck together. The local gaming store had been kind enough to furnish a back room where you could play and practice your moves against others, another tournament has been hinted at but nothing more then that.

((Go ahead and put yourself anywhere you want in the city, the timeframe is after school hours))

Anecronwashere
2012-10-19, 07:37 AM
Jerry stands behind the counter watching the schoolkids shuffle in and out, making decks, buying booster packs, battling against each other. It all sounded like money to his ears, already planning a massive birthday party for his little angels. If they were good of course.

His eyes narrow on a certain kid, trying to look nonchalant as a product goes up his shirt, quickly making his way over there, clapping his hand onto the wannabe-thief's shoulder "Let me guess, playing a Pot of Greed deck? You do know when you play it you pick a card from your deck, not my shelves. So, give me the pack and I'll ring it up for you, OR leave and don't come back. Which will it be?"

Togath
2012-10-19, 08:47 AM
Bjarn is standing by a display of booster packs in the shop, trying to decide if he wants to purchase any. Upon hearing Jerry he turns and watches the situation for a moment before going back to the display and deciding on one.
"When you're finished with him, I'd like to purchase this pack to see how my luck is"

((edited color to make it easier to tell us apart))

Anecronwashere
2012-10-19, 08:53 AM
"No problem, just whack her on the counter mate. Now, you pay up or out you go and be blacklisted. And if I have my way this place'll be The place to practice Duel Monsters and it's headed that way right now. So mate, what's it gonna be?"

(OOC: I have decided that Jerry speaks with an Aussie accent. Also it's hard to translate that into text, I keep slipping into Pommy English)

Togath
2012-10-19, 09:06 AM
"no problem, you don't need to worry about me stealin’ these, I'm a trustworthy guy"
"I'll probably hang around a while to see if I can find anyone to practice with. I only started a few days ago, so I'm a bit new to duel monsters"

James_Sure_Woul
2012-10-19, 09:10 AM
"This place is bizzare" Ryan mutters under his breath when he enters the store. Just a few hours ago, His sisters had thrust this deck in his hands and told him to come here to practise. But he hadn't been expecting anything like this.

Anecronwashere
2012-10-19, 09:14 AM
"Nah, not you mate, him. I trust you."
OOC: Srry if that was unclear

Togath
2012-10-19, 09:24 AM
"ah"

ooc: no problem, it's been resolved

casualcryptic
2012-10-19, 09:32 AM
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x51/drummer_a13/ZeroGilgamesh.jpg

"Checkmate. By 41 points, Liam Faust wins the tournament." Liam smirked, arms folded and leaning back in his chair as he finished off the last opponent in the local chess tournament. "If this is the extent of the talent why even have a tournament?" Liam's opponent looked bitter, but that was really his problem wasn't it? Liam sighed, letting his seat fall back into it's natural position and standing with a stretch. Liam began walking towards the exit but the announcer grabbed his arm. Liam's first instinct was to slap the infidel away for daring to touch him, but he kept his temper under control and glanced back over his shoulder. "Yeah? Something you need?" The announcer seemed to have caught a glimpse of what almost overcame the champion and replied hesitantly. "Well, it's just that... the prize money..." Liam seemed to be processing the concept for a second and then smiled. "Oh, that. Talk to my manager over there. He'll tell you which charities it needs to be dispersed to. Now if you don't mind I have a children's card game to dominate." As Liam strutted off with his hands in his pockets the announcer shook his head. "There's something not quite right with that one."

Liam flicked out his phone and speed dialed 1. "Hey Amsel - Yeah, of course I won. No, I'm not heading back yet. I wan't to check out the local talent at Duel Monsters. Yeah the card game. Ha. Yeah, okay, I'll try to be merciful. Make sure someone's around to pick me up when I'm done. Bye." Some time later Liam ends up at the local card shop. He walks the isles quietly taking in the packs available and recalling off the top of his head the card proportions and rares available in each. Needless to say, Liam had done his research. Well, he had had others do it for him at any rate.

James_Sure_Woul
2012-10-19, 10:21 AM
Ryan walks up to the man who looks like the owner of the store (ooc: that'd be you, Jerry/necron)
"Oh, HI. My name's Ryan and I was wondering if you could help me out. My sisters just gave me this deck and told me to come to you to get some cards to make it better. Only, I don't know what would make it better. It has alot of "banishing" thingies, alot of wizardy guys,and lots of light and dark monsters. What packs would be good for that?"

Anecronwashere
2012-10-19, 10:36 AM
Jerry kicks the kid out without the stolen booster, rings up the purchase for the other guy and then turns to the newbie
"Well, I guess it depends on what you want to do mate. Do you wanna defeat your opponent with high level critters? Or swarm them with lowlevel ones? I don't know your deck so I dont know what to recommend for specific cards.
However if you want to expand your deck fast and work out those details later, building a collection of cards right away I'd point you to the "Threat to the Dark Demon World (http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Threat_of_the_Dark_Demon_World)" and the "Ancient Sanctuary (http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Ancient_Sanctuary) Boosters. Good for getting those sisters of yours off your back while ya work on getting all them rules down."

casualcryptic
2012-10-19, 11:20 AM
$ - 1400

Cards for Trade / Sell:
1x Barrel Behind the Door
2x Byser Shock
1x Card Shuffle
1x Cobra Jar
1x Curse of Aging
1x Dark Designator
1x Gravekeeper's Cannonholder
1x Gravekeeper's Chief
1x Gravekeeper's Curse
1x Gravekeeper's Spy
1x Hieroglyph Lythograph
1x Mystical Knight of the Jackal
1x Question
2x Reaper on the Nightmare
1x Red Eyes Black Dragon
1x Seven Tools of the Bandit
1x Winged Sage Falcos

Liam smirks at the shopkeeper's comment and without looking up from his cards comments, "By that logic wouldn't it be better to swarm the field with high level monsters?"

James_Sure_Woul
2012-10-19, 12:26 PM
Ryan gets a quick peek at the covers of some of the packs "oh, I'll take a pack of the blue set, and the pink set"
(ooc: Dark crisis and magicians force, respectively. Also, Ancient sanctuary came out in 04, so we couldn't get that one)

VirgoBushin
2012-10-19, 06:13 PM
Naomi Suikyo

The best sound in the world - the last bell to signal school was over - rung in her ears. Standing and heading to her locker, the teenager gathered all the books she needed, simultaneously putting away what she did not need. She loved school ... but the students? Not generally. She got picked on too much for her liking and desires. Lessons were one of the few things that she enjoyed. The next? Dueling. For her though, it wasn't just fun; it had helped keep her sane ever since she lost her parents and unborn sibling in a plane accident.

A soft sigh left, followed by her head shaking as the flashback from that day tried to replay back in her mind. No ... not here ... nor now .. She mused silently, double checking herself. Literature .. History ... Science ... think that's it Nodding silently to herself, she closed her locker softly, her gaze immediately going downward to avert her eyes away.

If it wasn't for her intelligence, her eyes were what got her picked on so much. They were red .. and she often got teased about being the offspring of some demon. True, it made the fact she had an Angel deck ironic .. but that didn't mean she liked tolerating such cruel words all the same either. Her feet easily guided her into the shop within minutes. She'd been here a few times before .. but usually in a quiet corner.

Straightening her skirt - which still seemed rather short in her mind, and her blouse, she sat down. Pulling her deck out, she began going over it quietly. It'd been pretty loyal to her but ... why did she feel like it was somehow ... unbalanced? Was that the right word? Frowning lightly, she continued trying to find what was making her try to doubt herself and, at the moment, current best friend of sorts.

Anecronwashere
2012-10-19, 08:51 PM
"That'll be 600KP mate. Here you are. And swarming the field with high-level monsters only works if you have a way of Special Summoning them all, or you'll be swarming the field with lower levels in order to get out your high levels."

casualcryptic
2012-10-20, 07:06 PM
$ - 1400

Cards for Trade / Sell:
2x Byser Shock
1x Card Shuffle
1x Cobra Jar
1x Curse of Aging
1x Dark Designator
1x Gravekeeper's Chief
1x Gravekeeper's Curse
1x Gravekeeper's Spy
1x Hieroglyph Lythograph
1x Question
1x Red Eyes Black Dragon
1x Winged Sage Falcos

Liam grabs a couple of packs of New Rulers and carries them towards the front of the store. "You tell me a method of swarming the field with low level monsters that doesn't involve special summoning and I'll accept that as a proper distinction. Either way, I'd rather swarm my opponents side of the field personally."

Anecronwashere
2012-10-20, 07:12 PM
"Swords of Revealing Light." :smallamused:
"Can't destroy a low-leveled monster if you can't attack can ya."

Togath
2012-10-21, 04:43 AM
"Tokens can also be pretty useful for those sorts of things from what I've seen, I don't think many can be used for tributes, but for most other things they work fine"
"My cousin often uses scapegoat with cannon soldier to pretty good effect as an example, and cactus fighter is pretty good for swarming your opponent’s field"

((ooc: did I use too much ooc knowledge for that bit?, the scapegoat+cannon soldier thing seems like something Bjarn might've seen, but the cactus fighter bit seems more obscure))

casualcryptic
2012-10-21, 01:26 PM
$ - 1400

Cards for Trade / Sell:
2x Byser Shock
1x Card Shuffle
1x Cobra Jar
1x Curse of Aging
1x Dark Designator
1x Gravekeeper's Chief
1x Gravekeeper's Curse
1x Gravekeeper's Spy
1x Hieroglyph Lythograph
1x Question
1x Red Eyes Black Dragon
1x Winged Sage Falcos

Liam shrugs. "Of course I can. Card destruction is as easy to achieve as anything. Besides that strategy is remarkably slow. Painfully even. If im going to rely on field presence it will be immediate, not something that requires three turns of normal summoning. But maybe thats just me. I prefer a deck with a certain... Fury."

Strategos
2012-10-21, 06:06 PM
Alicia whistled as she looked at the different booster packs. Her friends had suggested she expand her collection with a few packs, which seemed like a good idea. Of course she didn't know which card were in which packs and she might get nothing that could help her deck. But then again, she thought, they would allow me to pursue different strategies in the future, or maybe even trade.

Finally decided she stopped whistling, picked up three different packs and approached the counter. Some of the other customers were carrying on a conversation about summoning monsters. She half remembered a story Raphael told Maria once about some guy he duelled.

"Isn't there some kind of ultimate trap that lets you normal summon more monsters for a price?" She asked; placing a pack of Dark Crisis, Magician's Force and Labyrinth of Nightmare on the counter. She looked towards Jerry. "I'd like to buy these ones please. How much will that be?"

Anecronwashere
2012-10-21, 07:03 PM
"There is Ultimate Offering, pay 500 Life Points for each Normal Summoned Monster over one each turn. And that's 900Kaiba Points for 3 packs. If you don't get the card in your packs you can buy specific cards for 1,000KP."

A gleam enters Jerry's eye as the points are added to the store's funds, looking around at all the moneybagsCustomers.
Making sure to look friendly and not greedy of course, it's good for business to be friendly.

casualcryptic
2012-10-21, 09:29 PM
$ - 1400

Cards for Trade / Sell:
1x Blazing Inpachi
2x Byser Shock
1x Card Shuffle
1x Curse of Aging
1x Dark Designator
1x Gravekeeper's Chief
1x Gravekeeper's Curse
1x Gravekeeper's Spy
1x Hieroglyph Lythograph
1x Question
1x Red Eyes Black Dragon
1x Winged Sage Falcos

Liam nods. "There is that for now. But it's limited to a single card per deck so you've got a considerably low chance of getting out the cards you need to get out if you're relying on it alone."

Anecronwashere
2012-10-21, 09:58 PM
"Then add Cat of Ill Omen to your deck. Search your deck for a Trap Card and put it on the top of your deck. It's a lvl2 Dark Beast that activates when it flips. I'm sure there are a few others around too. Along with some that Special Summon monsters like Giant Rat. I have that card in my deck, it's great to get an Enraged Muka out from your Deck. Still, Special Summons is the way you want to go if you like swarming the field, -500LP per Summon adds up."

casualcryptic
2012-10-22, 01:06 PM
"That solves one problem partly. You're still sacrificing monster summons from your deck to field that one card, and if you get with a mystic or a tornado that strategy is dealt with. But that's all theory. My decks a bit different from that. Speaking of which,"

Liam glances around the room at the motley crew displayed,

"I wouldn't mind testing the local talent if anyone's up for it."

Anecronwashere
2012-10-22, 01:29 PM
Jerry pulls his deck from behind the counter.
"I'd be up for a game, though I haven't had much time to tinker with the deck. I only got one because it is so popular and well, can't sell stuff you don't know can you? Just a friendly game then, no betting."

he slips a "Closed for 10 minutes" sign on the cashier, wishing one of his sisters where here to take counter while he Dueled.

Regalus
2012-10-22, 02:44 PM
Still a bit unused to visiting such places, Eduardo was quick to card hunting the moment he walked in. There was nothing wrong with the place, it wasn't crowded our empty, and the atmosphere of the place was warm and energetic; it was just different he supposed. The young artist was still fairly new to the craze that had seemingly swept over the world; even he couldn't resist the game forever, especially once he's younger siblings got into the game. Nevertheless, the game was certainly fun and fostered competition surprisingly well; he supposed it all would just take some more time to get used to.

Ah pues bien! Don't see that every day, mused Eddie with a grin as he watched the exchange, considering himself rather lucky. He'd been putting off his visit to the card shop for a while due to studies, and wouldn't you know it; the day he decides to take a stroll over there the shopkeep decides to have a duel, and if the stereotypes regarding most TCG dealers was true, Eddie might get the chance to spot some rather rare cards in action.

casualcryptic
2012-10-22, 04:49 PM
Liam laughed. "Your modesty doesn't do you any service. I haven't met a person yet who had as good a handle on their deck as they thought. Seems like the game is still fresh for most people." Liam slides a simple metal deck case out of his coat. "But I've at least had time to put together a preliminary strategy."

Anecronwashere
2012-10-22, 08:29 PM
"True, true. But I haven't even had the chance to crack open all the TCG-Dealer-Only packs and get out Exodia the Forbidden One."
Jerry laughs, well aware of the rumors going about.

He heads towards the back, followed by a few people (like Eduardo?) and seats himself at an empty duel table. He shuffles (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xjn77Di-qiE) his deck several times, treating it like a poker deck

"Then you've me at a disadvantage, my strategy is mostly get out some of my higher-leveled monsters as fast as possible."

OOC: Give me a PM when you are online, I'll be on the rest of the day

casualcryptic
2012-10-22, 10:01 PM
$ - 800

Cards for Trade / Sell:
1x An Owl of Luck
1x Blazing Inpachi
1x Book of Taiyou
3x Byser Shock
1x Card Shuffle
1x Charm of Shabti
1x Curse of Aging
3x Dark Designator
2x Gravekeeper's Cannonholder
1x Gravekeeper's Chief
2x Gravekeeper's Curse
2x Gravekeeper's Spy
1x Gravekeeper's Watcher
1x Hieroglyph Lythograph
1x Magical Mallet
1x Narrow Pass
2x Newdoria
1x Question
1x Red Eyes Black Dragon
1x Soul Release
1x Winged Sage Falcos
1x Yomi Ship

Liam smiles poignantly as he shuffles his deck and places it in position on the table. "Advantage is all a matter of perspective. A weak deck can be advantageous in the hands of a seasoned bluffer. But in the case I think we'll find that you're right." He pushes his deck forward for the shop owner to see. "Cut."

Anecronwashere
2012-10-22, 10:07 PM
"And a strong deck can be a hindrance in the hands of a beginner. I'm much better at Poker, less variables and combinations."

Anecronwashere
2012-10-22, 11:01 PM
The game gets going, to a standing start. Both players Setting a monster and a trap card.
It soon picks up though, with a card inflictig 500 points of damage for every monster destroyed on Liam's side.
With monster after monster on both sides falling, neither being able to get in to attack each other's life points directly until Jerry pulls off a risky move, sacrificing 400 LP and his Giant Rat willingly by attacking a monster to activate Giant Rat's Effect: Summoning Enraged Muka Muka Jerry's signature card.
The card gains 400 attack and defense for every card in the controller's hand.

That's when things started to turn around, the stalemate having whittled down Jerry's lifepoints to below half due to Liam's trap card he needed to move faster, summoning a high-powered water monster to supplement the 5star Rocky Mon.

Jerry managed to blast his way through all Liam's cards, leaving him with no hand and 2 spell/trap cards. Even drawing less useful spells like Soul Release, a card that has no place in a deck like his.
Until, right on the last turn before he was defeated he managed to draw the one card that might turn this duel around: Swords of Revealing Light! 3 turns of no attack interuptions, 3 draw phases to get the right monsters out to fight the greedy Muka with over 2000 Atk and Def
But, unfortunately it was not meant to be, his 3 turns wasted with terrible draws, the Heart of the Cards abandoning the sacrificial Liam, refusing to give him any monsters to burn in the inferno until finally the Swords faltered shattering and letting the Enraged Muka Muka win the day!

MVM (Most Valuable Monster): Giant Rat which let Jerry get out his 5star Monster from his deck
Most Useless Card: Soul Release, spending a whole turn Banishing 5 of my Graved cards for no use whatsoever.
Winner: Jesmond Johnson!

Togath
2012-10-23, 05:21 AM
"wWant to try a match with me next?, I'd like to see how this deck does"
"It's a bit ramshackle, and I'm still fairly new to duel monsters but my deck does have some decent beatsticks in it"

Anecronwashere
2012-10-23, 05:26 AM
(OOC: I dont have the time to do a full duel right now, tomorrow yes though. Maybe duel Cryptic when he comes on?)

Togath
2012-10-23, 06:05 AM
((ooc: no problem.))

Regalus
2012-10-23, 08:32 AM
Eduardo watched the duel intently, snickering to himself at the obvious sarcasm in the shopkeep's voice earlier; it seemed the young duelist shouldn't believe everything he around the grapevine, on odd prospect given the outlandish atmosphere surrounding this game. The duel was certainly an eventful one, though it seemed to him that the shop keep had all but controlled the pacing of the match from the start. It certainly made him realize a thing or two about his own deck.

"That makes two of us then!" cheerfully interjected Eddie, "They seem to be settling down still from the duel; though if you're up to it, I wouldn't mind having a go at it with you. What do you say?" he asked with a friendly grin.

Well, Togath I'm currently free for the next four hours or so, after that I won't be on 'til later in the afternoon. SO if you're still interested and have the time, let me know and we can have our go at it. If all else fails we can still duel later tonight.

Togath
2012-10-23, 09:40 AM
"sounds good"
ooc: if your still on I'm up for one now if you still have time

Regalus
2012-10-23, 09:50 AM
"Awesome," he cheered as he motioned over towards a nearby vacant table. "The name's Eddie; let's have a good one," he said with a smile and a competitive gleam in his eye.

Togath
2012-10-23, 11:00 AM
....and I activate dragon's gunfire to deal 800 damage, bringing you to 0 lifepoints"
"good game, your dragons are pretty impressive" said Bjarn

ooc: Regalus should have a write-up up soon

James_Sure_Woul
2012-10-23, 12:27 PM
"Wow" ryan utters as his jaw drops
"That was so cool! I wish I could duel somebody, it looks like so much fun"

Togath
2012-10-23, 12:47 PM
"I could give it a go if you want"
ooc: minor summery of the duel between me{Bjarn} and regalus{Eddie};
it started with Jerry locking me down with swords of revealing life, before a stalemate between our main exceed monsters(39: aspiring emperor hope and a second 39: aspiring emperor hope), until he ended up defeating me with two of his heaviest hitters, and finishing me with dragon's gunfire.

Regalus
2012-10-23, 09:01 PM
Duel Summary: Eduardo V.S. Bjorn I
Bjorn swiftly takes control of the match; locking Eddie down with Swords of Revealing light as he builds up his forces, even bringing out a Dragon Glider. It's only through luck and a well timed Wabaku that he manages to make it to the end with all both of his dragons in tact; giving him the chance to turn the match around through the swift deployment of his own sword of reveling light and the use of Lightning Vortex to clear away the field, with the questionable choice of discarding his Felgran Dragon in order to activate it.

Though Alexandrite dragon is forced back to his hand, his summoning of Mirage Dragon cements his offense by tieing Bjorn's hands. Together with with Ancient Dragon placing Eddie in an early lead, and with the swords still in effect and Alexandrite Dragon back on the field things looked grim indeed. That was until Bjorn brought out Aspiring Emperor Utopia! With its vastly superior attack power, striking with any of his monsters would be suicidal.

Eddie however swiftly countered by summoning his own Utopia in a surprising turn of events; doing his best to force Bjorn to waste Utopia's XYZ materials. Sadly, Eddie's desperation to protect his Mirage Dragon costed him al his own XYZ materials; eventually causing him the loss of a hundred life points, a chance he took to further cement his lead through Luminous Healer at 8900 life points. A fortunate draw brought forth Bright Star Dragon, who made quick work of Bjorn's supporting warrior monster...at the cost of removing the dragon from play. Things seemed bleak as his field was slowly emptied, only Ancient Dragon standing among his fallen kin.

The judicious use of Call of the Haunted however would prove to be his salvation; calling back Mirage Dragon in order to use overlay it with Elemental dragon and summon Queen Djinn to buy him much needed time to complete his play. Though the Queen and Eddie's Utopia were quick to fall against Bjorn's Aspiring Emperor after having increased it's attack points by 300. Sadly, this period of Grace was enough for Eddie to bring forth two of his Decks Aces; reviving Felgran Dragon from his premature demise, along side the glorious summoning of the Light End Dragon through the fortuitous draw of a Delta Flyer and tuning it to his Ancient Dragon.

The pair of holy beasts sealed Bjorn's fate. Light End Dragon using it's effect to weaken Utopia enough to destroy it, paving the way for Felgrand's direct Attack against the young duelist leaving him with scarcely 700 life points by the end of the onslaught. Alas, it was not truly over for Eddie revealed from his hand the card that would end it all, Dragon Fire Gunshot; blasting his opponent for 800 points of damage and ending the duel in Eduardo's favor.

MVM: Dragon Djinn, without whom Bjorn would've been able to turn the duel in his favor, and Felgran and Light End may have never been summoned.
Winner: Eduardo Guerrera

"They are aren't they," Eddie commented beaming with pride, "Though your cards were pretty damn good too; I was very lucky this match, got just the cards I needed when I needed them," he swiftly added remembering himself, before standing up with a stretch and leaving his seat. Deciding it best to walk a bit after the match he'd just had.

Togath
2012-10-25, 08:57 AM
"thanks for the complements" says Bjarn as he gets up as well.

Tsumeken
2012-10-29, 06:32 PM
The shop had been hopping for quite some time, duels going off left an right as new players came and went. A boy in the corner sat playing a form of Solitaire with his cards as he used the odd movements to shuffle his cards.

A man in a very distinct business suit walks in, adjusting his tie before looking around the shop. "Is there a Mr Jerry around here somewhere. We have a delivery for him."

Anecronwashere
2012-10-29, 06:38 PM
"That's me. Jerry Johnson. I wasn't expecting a delivery today?"
Jerry walks over to the businessman, gaze sweeping over him with a gambler's eye

[roll0] Sense Motive

casualcryptic
2012-10-29, 06:43 PM
Liam had been perfectly quiet since his duel. He'd been extremely humbled by dueling and despised his deck in it's current form, to the point that he immediately bought a couple extra packs and began to restructure it. How dare a mere shopkeep beat him in a children's card game. No, that wasn't it. Nobody should be able to beat him when he played seriously. To be sure, he had taken the game lightly, even forgoing the summoning of one of his power cards in order to test the waters, but he had not expected to lose. The fire of competition had been lit in Liam's heart, and though he said not a word, it was slowly building an intense heat inside the young chestmaster.

By the time the deliveryman arrived Liam had regained his composure and trusted his voice enough to speak. He grinned and glanced at the shopkeep. "Looks like your Exodias have arrived."

Tsumeken
2012-10-29, 06:49 PM
The man walks back to the counter as he sets a briefcase on the top of it. "It was a rush delivery sir, we had to make sure to get it out today." The man opens the case producing a set of duel disks. "These are made for a special tournament coming up soon, please be sure to keep one for yourself while distributing the others."

Your sharp senses, detect more ot his story then he has put forward.

He picks up one of the disks showing a place that a AV cable can be attached to, allowing the disk to be attached to a television of computer device for more uses.

Togath
2012-10-29, 06:54 PM
"Neat, never gotten to see a duel disc in person before"

casualcryptic
2012-10-29, 07:00 PM
Liam arches an eyebrow. He had studied elements of the cards used in the game extensively during his spare time in order to gain a knowledge advantage over the opposition but he hadn't wasted time paying attention to the technology that might be used for the game. He had assumed Duel Monsters would be like any other card game. The idea of accessory technology made him raise an eyebrow. "What even is that?"

Anecronwashere
2012-10-29, 07:22 PM
"A holographic emitter allowing duelists to play on the streets or really anywhere where sitting down and playing with cards is a bad idea. Like when it's a windy day.
What I'm more concerned about is what Else you haven't told me. I can see it in your eyes there is more to this than just a tournament, especially since I didn't pay for them so they are free. No-one gives away free state-of-the-art tech without an ulterior motive."
Jerry takes a Disc, setting it up and strapping it on, testing the weight

casualcryptic
2012-10-29, 07:31 PM
Liam glanced from the shopkeep to the deliveryman after that last comment and shrugged. "In any case I believe I heard a 'distribute' mentioned at some point," he says with a smirk.

Tsumeken
2012-10-29, 07:45 PM
The man tenses visibly at the shopkeep's keen observation. "We just need to test a few new features, and yes they are free. Any other information I am not at liberty t divulge."

Anecronwashere
2012-10-29, 09:17 PM
"Alright everyone, line up in a neat order to get your high-tech apparently prototype Duel Discs. Is there a form to fill out before they get them or?"

Jerry sets the box down behind the counter, waiting for the customers to line up. Knowing that simply letting them grab the Discs all at once would result in fights or broken items.

Regalus
2012-10-29, 10:37 PM
Eddie paid casual attention to the new arrival as he walked around the card shop; the new hard ware catching his keen interest, especially given it's supposed role in an up coming tourney. He mused for a bit about why the companies were just handing these out for free...until he heard they were prototypes. Made sense for them to have the little burgers be used in a trial before the real deal; he couldn't shake the odd feeling in his gut about this, especially with how dodgy the messenger was, but he couldn't really pass up a chance to mess around with what might've been a several hundred dollar toy. For science of course.

Eddie neared the counter though held himself back for the moment; preferring to let things unfold, or at the very least wait 'till the delivery boy left, before acting. "Seems like they might be doin' a trial period for their new product; best make sure they're all up to snuff before the tourney's announced after all," he chimed in after Liam.

Anecronwashere
2012-10-30, 11:48 PM
"Well, let it not be known I sell shoddy work. Who wants a test-run of the new Discs? I'll even put a card up for it, Whoever faces me has a chance to take one of my cards if they beat me But if I win then I get one of theirs. Sound fair?"
Jerry quickly disseminates the items to everyone before moving to the centre, letting everyone form a circle around the showboating store-owner
"Anyone want to risk their cards for mine?"

Togath
2012-10-31, 12:47 AM
"I'd be willing to give it a go. Want me to offer up a specific card, or should we deal with that bit afterwards?"
ooc:
do you want to use duel network or a pbp format for this one?

Anecronwashere
2012-10-31, 05:33 AM
OOC: pbp might be better for this one fight so the GM can jump in when/if something happens cause of the effects of the Disc

"Well I'm offering my Castle of Dark Illusions. Though I'm fairly sure it'll be staying right here in my pocket."
Jerry slides his deck into the holder, watching the Discs activate and set up the holographic arena

Togath
2012-10-31, 11:18 PM
"I'll ante my jowls of dark demise then, mind if I take the first turn?"ooc: should we use the format from here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=227632) for the php duels?

Anecronwashere
2012-10-31, 11:31 PM
"Sounds fine to me. Draw your cards. Time is money after all and I want your card to add to my collection."

Yeah that seems fair to me. GM chime in if you have a feature you want.

Togath
2012-10-31, 11:45 PM
"Alright"
First hand: [roll0]
rerolls if I need them: [roll1]

"Not the best hand.....I set one monster and end my turn. Lets see what you have in store"

Field:
Monster zones;
1: set monster
Legendary jujitsu master

Hand: 4 cards

Aamazoness swordswoman
D.D. assailent
Turret warrior
Tyrant dragon
Grave: 0 cards
Deck(d34 now);

1-Elemental Hero Clayman
2-Elemental Hero Clayman
3-Amazoness Swordswoman
4-Amazoness Swordswoman
3-Big Shield Gardna
4-Comrade Swordsman of Landstar
5-Comrade Swordsman of Landstar
6-D.D. Assailent
9-D.D. Assailent
7-Exiled Force
8-Kaiser Glider
9-Koa'ki Meiru Bergzak
10-koa'ki Meiru Bergzak
14-Legendary Jujitsu Master
10-Legendary Jujitsu Master
11-Marauding Captain
13-Senju of the Thousand Hands
12-Trident Warrior
13-Trident Warrior
20-Turret Warrior
14-Turret Warrior
15-Tyler the Great Warrior
23-Tyrant Dragon
16-Black Luster Soldier
17-Assault Armor
21-Assault Armor
18-Black Luster Ritual
19-Divine Sword: Phoenix Blade
20-Emergency Provisions
21-Fissure
22-Monster Reincarnation
24-Reinforcment of the Army
23-Swords of Revealing Light
24-Swords of Revealing Light
25-The A. Forces
26-The Warrior Returning Alive
27-Desperate Tag
28-Kunai with Chain
29-Kunai with Chain
30-Magic Jammer
33-Needle Wall
31-Seven Tools of the Bandit
32-Trap Jammer
33-Waboku
34-Waboku

Extra Deck:
Colossal Fighter
X-Saber Urbellum
#39:Utopia/Kibou ou Hope
Photon Papilloperative x2

Anecronwashere
2012-11-01, 12:27 AM
Hand: [roll0]
Dummy Golem
Princess of Tsurgi
Book of Eclipse
Enraged Muka-Muka
Giant Rat

Grave: 0

Deck: 45
Enraged Muka-Muka
Block Golem
Block Golem
Dummy Golem
Giant Rat
Des Lacooda
Des Lacooda
Megarock Dragon
Absorbing Jar
Lost Guardian
Lost Guardian
Legendary Jujitsu master
Legendary Jujitsu master
Labyrinth Wall
Labyrinth Wall
Koa'Ki Meiru Sandman
Koa'Ki Meiru Sandman
Naturia Butterfly
Naturia Butterfly
Time Wizard
Mask of Darkness
Big Eye
Flame Cerebus
Baby Dragon
7 Coloured Fish
King of Yamimakai
Book of Eclipse
Pot of Duality
Pot of Duality
Swords of Revealing Light
Card Destruction
Reload
Card Trader
Hierogryph Lithograph
Lightning Vortex
Soul Release
Seven tools of the bandit
Jar of Greed
Jar of Greed
Numinous Healer
Numinous Healer
Waboku
Dark Scheme
Trap Jammer
Magic Jammer

Extra Deck: 5
1. X-Saber Urbellum
2. X-Saber Urbellum
3. no10: Illumiknight
4. XX-Saber Hyunlei
5. XX-Saber Hyunlei

Anecronwashere
2012-11-01, 12:45 AM
(OOc: You only drew 5 cards? Shouldnt you draw 6)

"Really? i got a great hand. I'll set this monster here and not fall for whatever Effect monster you have there. And it falls into my master plan even if you don't have a deadly effect."
Jerry grins, placing a single card in facedown defence position.

Set Monsters: 1
Dummy Golem

Togath
2012-11-01, 12:59 AM
OOC: missed that part, I'll correct it on this draw.
Drawing; [roll0]
Deck: 38 cards remaining/d38
Hand: 4 cards
Aamazoness swordswoman
D.D. assailent
Turret warrior
Tyrant dragon

"I summon Amazoness swordswoman in attack posistion, and flip summon the legendary jujitsu master and attack your face down with him"
if no effects activate:
"I then set one spell/trap card face down"
if the face down is destroyed:
"and attack you directly with the swordswoman's attack"
Monsters:
1: Legendary jujitsu master
2: Amazoness Swordswoman

Spell/Traps:
1: set spell/trap
Assault armor

Grave: 0 cards

Anecronwashere
2012-11-01, 01:26 AM
"Dummy Golem activate. I'll be taking your Swordswoman. I'm sure I can find a use for her on my side of the field."

(Flip Effect: Swap this card and one of yours)

Togath
2012-11-01, 02:00 AM
"Actually, it's the oponent of the controller of dummy golem who selects his target, so I'll select jujitsu master for dummy golem's effect, and attack him with swordwoman for 200 damage. I then set a spell/trap card and end my turn."

Monsters:
1: Dummy golem(face up defense)
2: Amazoness swordswoman(face up attack)

Spells/Traps:
Assault armor

Grave: 1 card
Legendary jujitsu master

Anecronwashere
2012-11-01, 02:09 AM
[roll0]

"Or you could do that. Now, which epic strategem shall I use?"

Jerry grins as he sets another card
"I'll go for the 'safe' option. A no-lose tactic."

Setting a monster in defence
Giant Rat

The holograph flares into existence as the shop owner smirks, playing his opponent like a fiddle

Togath
2012-11-01, 02:22 AM
"let's see what I can get out next"
Draw: [roll0]

"I tribute the dummy golem you provided and my swordswoman to summon the mighty Tyrant Dragon, Attack his face down"
if a monster still remains on the field after this attack:
"strike once more, Tyrant dragon, finish his defenses!"

Hand:4 cards
Amazoness swordswoman
D.D. assailent
Turret Warrior
Senju of the Thousand Hands

Monsters:
1: Tyrant dragon(2900atk/2500def)

Spells/traps:
Assault armor
Grave: 2 cards
Legendary jujitsu master
Amazoness swordswoman

Anecronwashere
2012-11-01, 02:41 AM
OOC: Whoops I forgot to roll my first turn.
[roll0]

"Giant Rat! Which means I get to shuffle out Enraged Muka-Muka with 1200 + 2000 Attack. I believe my monster beats yours if you decide to attack."

Hand: 5 cards
Enraged Muka
Princess of Tsurgi
Card Destruction
Book of Eclipse
Lost Guardian

Graveyard: 2
Giant Rat
Dummy Golem

Deck:
Block Golem
Block Golem
Dummy Golem
Giant Rat
Des Lacooda
Des Lacooda
Megarock Dragon
Absorbing Jar
Lost Guardian
Legendary Jujitsu master
Legendary Jujitsu master
Labyrinth Wall
Labyrinth Wall
Koa'Ki Meiru Sandman
Koa'Ki Meiru Sandman
Naturia Butterfly
Naturia Butterfly
Time Wizard
Mask of Darkness
Big Eye
Flame Cerebus
Baby Dragon
7 Coloured Fish
King of Yamimakai
Book of Eclipse
Pot of Duality
Pot of Duality
Swords of Revealing Light
Reload
Card Trader
Hierogryph Lithograph
Lightning Vortex
Soul Release
Seven tools of the bandit
Jar of Greed
Jar of Greed
Numinous Healer
Numinous Healer
Waboku
Dark Scheme
Trap Jammer
Magic Jammer

Field:
Faceup-ATK Enraged Muka-Muka 3200/2600 (1200/600)

Togath
2012-11-01, 02:56 AM
"I call off tyrant dragon's second attack then, and end my turn"

Anecronwashere
2012-11-01, 03:14 AM
"I love this card." Jerry smirks, eyeing the spell/trap card on the field
[roll0]

"I summon Block Golem (1000Atk) in Attack mode. Then Enraged Muka-Muka Attack his Dragon."

Muka-Muka (3200) attacks your Dragon
Block Golem attacks Directly

Togath
2012-11-01, 03:32 AM
"ouch, nice combo"
"I set one card and then summon the Different Dimension Assailent. I'll target your mukamuka with him, it'll destroy him and cost me 1600lp, but it should also banish mukamuka. I'll end my turn after his attack"

Lifepoints: 5100
Hand:3 cards
Amazoness swordswoman
Turret Warrior

Monsters:
none

Spells/traps:
2: set spell/trap
Assault armor
Needle wall

Grave: 3 cards
Legendary jujitsu master
Amazoness swordswoman
Tyrant Dragon

Banished: 1 card
D.D. Assailent

Anecronwashere
2012-11-01, 03:48 AM
[roll0]

"You remember when I mentioned it was a win/win situation? What did you think the other situation was."
The Golem vanishes into the Graveyard as the second Mukamuka is Tribute Summoned to the field
"Heh. Take another 3200 damage. If you hadn't killed the Giant Rat and triggered it's effect I would simply have Tributed it to summon my 2nd Muka."

Hand: 5

Deck: 39

LP: 8,000

Chances of winning: OVER 9000!!!
:smallamused:

Togath
2012-11-01, 01:17 PM
"I activate the needle wall trap, it wont take effect until my turn, but it should have a nice bang then"
"my trap activates now, lets see if it hits anything"(die roll, and rest of turn in next post))

Togath
2012-11-01, 01:32 PM
[roll0]
reroll in case of a six:[roll1]
"Darn, the trap missed"

"I call in a reinforcement in the form of Koa'ki meiru bergzak and summon him in attack mode, I then release him to summon the mighty turret warrior, and equip him with assault armor. I then attack your mukamuka with him"
OOC: I use reinforcement of the army and select koa'ki meiru bergzak, and then have him attack the enraged mukamuka, dealing 300 damage and destroying it unless you counter.

Lifepoints: 1900
Hand:2 cards
Amazoness swordswoman

Monsters:
Turret warrior(3500atk/2000def)

Spells/traps:
1: Assault armor(on turret warrior)
2: Needle wall

Grave: 5 cards
Legendary jujitsu master
Amazoness swordswoman
Tyrant Dragon
Reinforcement of the army
Koa'ki meiru bergzak

Banished: 1 card
D.D. Assailent

casualcryptic
2012-11-01, 09:47 PM
Liam picks up one of the duel disks while the others are busy dueling he holds it with both hands, trying to get a feel for it's weight. "Cutting edge prototypes, eh? Well, that is kinda hard to say no to."

Anecronwashere
2012-11-02, 12:36 AM
Jerry grimaces as his monster disappears into his Graveyard, taking the first hit and both of his signature monster residing in there kills any chance of winning.

"Hmm, congratulations. I don't believe I can get your card off the field in time. It appears my first de-" Jerry looks around for his sister who he had 'technically' lost to once but she hadnt shown up yet from school "Yes, first defeat was most informative. Namely get a way to bring my monsters back from the Grave or have more than one card I need to get out, no matter how many ways I have. Relying on two cards to carry the day won't work."

Jerry hits a few buttons and his LP hit 0. The holograms blinking out

"The Discs were quite interesting though, very realistic. I'd say they were totally realistic if the monsters summoned weren't so monstrous."

OOC: It's true no matter what card I drew I wouldn't be able to win so I just skipped a few more posts. I need to fill my deck a bit more with better cards (namely 3 3star Mukas, 1 Enraged and some Jar of Greeds among others on my wish-list)

Jerry pulls his card from his pocket, walking across the former field and presenting it to you "With compliments from JJ Gaming. My Castle of Dark Illusions."

Togath
2012-11-02, 01:39 AM
"Thank you. You're really good yourself, you really had me on the ropes for a while"

Anecronwashere
2012-11-02, 01:57 AM
"One more turn and you were mine, but your Turret was too good. I almost wish I'd not summoned the 2nd monster so even with the Army in play the Muka could have taken it, but hindsight always is 20/20."

Strategos
2012-11-02, 05:36 AM
Alicia gives a rare smile as she watches the holographic duel. "These are wonderful!" After the duel is over she goes over to the counter carefully picks one up. She looks up at the suited man. "So, if I understand things correctly. You're giving us early access to these prototypes, and in return we test them out and tell you any bugs or glitches or anything like that. Right? Are you going to check up on us every so often, or are we to call you if we find something?"

Tsumeken
2012-11-02, 03:57 PM
As the duel ends a strong beep comes from both disks. A few seconds later two numbers appear.

First on the losers disk appears a 300, while on the winners disk appears a 500.

"Alright, looks like it works, those are special to this tournament, a thing called Duel Points. or DP for short. You can use them like a credit card to purchase things like cards and packs." He turns to the owner of the shop. "Any DP you have spent here at the store will be paid off by the host of the tournament so you don't lose money on non-cash purchases. After a certain amount of DP is reached we'll set you up with new packs and better deals to help out your store. He reopens his briefcase handing out a few new boxes of cards. Here's a thanks from us for participating in our test."

(new packs available for purchase)
Flaming Eternity
Rise of Destiny
Soul of the Duelist
Ancient Sanctuary
Invasion of Chaos
Dark Crisis
Magician's Force
Pharaonic Guardian
Legacy of Darkness
Labyrinth of Nightmare
Pharaoh's Servant

Regalus
2012-11-05, 02:08 PM
Eddie more than happily made a grab for his own dual disk; more than happy for his fore sight in taking his position at the desk before the match had started, and after seeing the match the young artist was more than excited by the thought of seeing his own cards in action. The thought of seeing Fel or LE duke it out in real life made him ecstatic. Moreover, the newly brought packs called his attention; making a note to purchase a pair of boosters as soon as he got the chance.

Togath
2012-11-05, 02:51 PM
"Might as well try out one of the new boosters, and see if my luck holds"

casualcryptic
2012-11-05, 03:32 PM
Liam grins as he watches the numbers dance on the duel disk screens. "It appears the game just got a bit more competitive." Liam glances around the room at the other duelists as he texts his servant on his smartphone, canceling his immediate schedule. "So what's the next step in this tournament?"