PDA

View Full Version : "I am filled with the Might of My Faith!" [Cleric "Fix", PEACH]

Amechra
2012-10-20, 03:06 PM
Something quick to relax me during studying.

The Cleric

HD, Skills, and Proficiencies are unchanged.

{table=head]{colsp=6}The Cleric|{colsp=6}Spells Per Day
Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special|0th|1st|2nd|3rd|4t h|5th
1|+0|+2|+0|+2|Turn or Rebuke Undead, Domains|3|2|-|-|-|-
2|+1|+3|+0|+3|Armor of Faith, Advanced Learning|4|2|-|-|-|-
3|+2|+3|+1|+3|Draw Upon Divinity (1)|5|3|-|-|-|-
4|+3|+4|+1|+4|Flare Divine Gift|6|3|-|-|-|-
5|+3|+4|+1|+4||6|3|1|-|-|-
6|+4|+5|+2|+5|Advanced Learning|6|3|1|-|-|-
7|+5|+5|+2|+5|Draw Upon Divinity (2)|6|4|2|-|-|-
8|+6/+1|+6|+2|+6||6|4|2|-|-|-
9|+6/+1|+6|+3|+6||6|4|2|1|-|-
10|+7/+2|+7|+3|+7|Advanced Learning|6|4|2|1|-|-
11|+8/+3|+7|+3|+7|Draw Upon Divinity (3)|6|5|3|2|-|-
12|+9/+4|+8|+4|+8||6|5|3|2|-|-
13|+9/+4|+8|+4|+8||6|5|3|2|1|-
14|+10/+5|+9|+4|+9|Advanced Learning|6|5|3|2|1|-
15|+11/+6/+1|+9|+5|+9|Draw Upon Divinity (4)|6|6|4|3|2|-
16|+12/+7/+2|+10|+5|+10||6|6|4|3|2|-
17|+12/+7/+2|+10|+5|+10||6|6|4|3|2|1
18|+13/+8/+3|+11|+6|+11|Advanced Learning|6|6|4|3|2|1
19|+14/+9/+4|+11|+6|+11|Draw Upon Divinity (5)|6|7|5|4|3|2
20|+15/+10/+5|+12|+6|+12||6|7|5|4|3|2[/table]

Spellcasting: Clerics only get up to 5th level spellcasting, and do not have unique Domain spell slots, and may prepare any number of Domain spells. (however, see Draw Upon Divinity.)

Turn or Rebuke Undead (Su): Unchanged.

Domains: Unchanged

Armor of Faith (Su): As long as a Cleric is carrying their deity's holy symbol, they gain an Armor bonus to armor class equal to their Wisdom modifier.

Advanced Learning (Su): At 2nd level, and every 4 levels thereafter, a Cleric may add any spell that's part of one of their deity's Domains to the Cleric Spell List for the Cleric only. They may only learn spells of up to the highest level of spell that they can cast. These spells do not count as Domain spells for the purpose of Draw Upon Divinity

Alternatively, they may add any Divine spell of their choice to their spell list, but treat spells from other lists as if they were a level higher (so learning Barkskin from the Druid spell list would count as learning a 3rd level spell, and would be a 3rd level spell for all purposes.)

Draw Upon Divinity (Ex): A 3rd level Cleric may prepare any Domain spell they have access to as if it were one level lower; for example, a Cleric with the War domain would be able to prepare Spiritual Weapon in a 1st level slot. This does not reduce the level of the spell for any other purposes; do not take this class feature into account when adding spells with Advanced Learning.

At 7th level, and every 4 levels thereafter, a Cleric may prepare a Domain spell in a spell slot one level lower; for example, an 11th level Cleric could prepare a 4th level spell in a 1st level spell slot.

This class feature may also be used to reduce the cost of metamagic feats when applied to Domain spells, but must completely mitigate the spell level increase. A single spell can have both of these versions of this class feature applied to it at the same time, though they both count towards the same limit; for example, an 11th level Cleric with the War Domain may prepare an Extended Divine Wrath in a 2nd level spell slot, because the Extended Divine Wrath would normally require a 5th level spell slot.

Only one Domain spell may be prepared in any given level of spell slots; so, to use the example of a 7th level Cleric, they could prepare a Domain spell in a 0th level slot and a 1st level slot, but they could not prepare Domain spells in two 0th level slots.

Flare Divine Gift (Su): A 4th level Cleric may, as a free action once per round, spend a single Turn or Rebuke Undead uses to either replace their Effective Cleric Level for the purposes of Domain Granted Powers with their character level, or to add Draw Upon Divinity to their Effective Cleric Level for the purpose of their Domain Granted Powers, whichever is better.

In addition, they may use their Domain Granted Powers an additional number of times per day equal to their Draw Upon Divinity. This applies to all of their Domain Granted Powers. If a Domain Granted Power can only be used for a certain number of rounds per day, instead add that many rounds for each time they would gain an additional daily use.

Amechra
2012-10-22, 07:22 PM
So, pick the following out of a survey:

1) Amechra's homebrew is boring, and thus I don't have enough interest to comment on it. However, if it were more interesting, I would say...

2) Amechra's homebrew is in that mediocre twilight zone were there isn't enough wrong with it that I know what to point out, but isn't good enough for me to post that I like it.

3) Amechra's homebrew is weird, and I don't like it, because it is weird.

4) Amechra's homebrew just doesn't have anything in it that makes me grok it, yeh ken?

5) Amechra is under the permanent effects of a Machine Invisibility spell, thus rendering his posts non-existent.

Yeah, yeah, I'm taking the piss; but can someone please tell me what you think? Lack of feedback means that I can't improve, which is a bad thing.

THE EVOLUTION MUST NOT BE QUESTIONED!

Garryl
2012-10-22, 07:47 PM
So, pick the following out of a survey:

1) Amechra's homebrew is boring, and thus I don't have enough interest to comment on it. However, if it were more interesting, I would say...

2) Amechra's homebrew is in that mediocre twilight zone were there isn't enough wrong with it that I know what to point out, but isn't good enough for me to post that I like it.

3) Amechra's homebrew is weird, and I don't like it, because it is weird.

4) Amechra's homebrew just doesn't have anything in it that makes me grok it, yeh ken?

5) Amechra is under the permanent effects of a Machine Invisibility spell, thus rendering his posts non-existent.

Yeah, yeah, I'm taking the piss; but can someone please tell me what you think? Lack of feedback means that I can't improve, which is a bad thing.

THE EVOLUTION MUST NOT BE QUESTIONED!

Take a bit from 1 and 2, stir until thick, then bake for 25-30 minutes at 375F. Let sit 6 minutes to cool. Caution! Your homebrew pie will be hot when removed from the oven.

You have a Cleric with (slightly better than) Adept spellcasting, except for up to 6 spells per day which are at full-caster casting. It's not wrong, just uninteresting. It doesn't explore any new ideas or mechanics.

Also, level 20 is a dead level. You don't even get any more spell slots. Come on, man, that's Rogue Fix 101! (Also, for some reason, levels 8, 12, and 16 are the same.)

Amechra
2012-10-22, 07:58 PM
When I'm done with midterms, I'll come back and spruce this little gal up so that she can be all pretty for the homebrew ball, m'kay?

I literally typed this up in 10 minutes.

I was asking about my homebrew on a whole, actually. :smallfrown:

Garryl
2012-10-22, 08:27 PM
I'll answer you when I can figure out the same thing for my own homebrew. You're not alone.

toapat
2012-10-22, 11:07 PM
I was asking about my homebrew on a whole, actually. :smallfrown:

your denial to add a Home Brew signature post doesnt help that

but ya, it is rather generic cleric brew, its not bad for a hash together

Grod_The_Giant
2012-10-22, 11:33 PM
Yeah, it's... ok. Solid, T3, but not especially interesting, sorry to say. A pretty common type of cleric fix, from what I've seen.

The wording of Draw Upon Divinity is somewhat unclear. And I'm really confused by Flare Divine Gift. What does it do? What is it supposed to do? Is it only useful for multiclass Clerics? Is it supposed to have a uses/day number attached to it?

Also, given that it's part of the SRD, you might go ahead and copy the relevant information, just for completeness' sake. Maybe italicize it, to distinguish between old and new material.

Amechra
2012-10-23, 12:35 AM
Again, I wrote this in 10 minutes.

And the only reason why I refuse a homebrew signature is because it would be collecting stuff from 4 different sites, and I'm lazy. I might get one in a bit, because I feel ignored.

This will be fixed... I'd guess on Wednesday.

The ideas I'm thinking of implementing are:

-They don't get "free" uses of Domain Granted Abilities, and can instead spend Turn Attempts (which I'm upgrading to 1/2 class level + Cha).

Also, perhaps taking them down to the Adept spell list, and then adding all of the spells from their God's domain to their spell list, and for the purpose of feats, spells, and class features, all of their spell slots are considered Domain Spell Slots?

Then... I'll have to think about it. But a priestess of Lolth should feel different from a Priest of Pelor, at least.

Grod_The_Giant
2012-10-23, 10:13 AM
Also, perhaps taking them down to the Adept spell list, and then adding all of the spells from their God's domain to their spell list, and for the purpose of feats, spells, and class features, all of their spell slots are considered Domain Spell Slots?

Then... I'll have to think about it. But a priestess of Lolth should feel different from a Priest of Pelor, at least.

I... guess that could work? I dunno. If you're going prepared, I'd say all domain spells, plus a custom list- Adept has some stuff like Baleful Polymorph and Lightning Bolt that isn't very cleric-y.

Amechra
2012-10-23, 06:56 PM
Alright, I broke down and made a homebrew signature.

There's like 25 things on there, all of which are already done or which will be finished at some point.

toapat
2012-10-23, 07:24 PM
Alright, I broke down and made a homebrew signature.

There's like 25 things on there, all of which are already done or which will be finished at some point.

1: It seems like you need a feat thread which you chain necro like i made

3: Are you going to continue working on this cleric?

Amechra
2012-10-23, 08:00 PM
Yep.

I've got my last midterm Tomorrow, so I'll be able to devote some time then.

And I might end up making that feat thread...

Amechra
2012-10-24, 03:34 PM
Bleh, I'm dropping this.

Why? Because the concept of a Cleric is way too broad.

Most of the time I brew something, I start out with a nice, simple, "thrust" of what I'm trying to do. It's usually something along the lines of, for example...

Expressing necromancy through dance.
Shapeshifting.
Cosmic Horror.
A pact with hate.
A pact with Ashardalon.
A pact with mirrors.

Etcetera, etcetera, etcetera.

And, now that I'm out of the haze of midterms, I realize that the Cleric is really, really, really broad thematically.

It should really be several classes with a tighter set of class features, much like how they made the fixed list casters.

I came to realize this when I was musing about class features, and realizing that most of them only applied to about a third of the deities you could possibly worship!

So, I'm leaving this one alone... I think I'll go rewrite my Gestaltwandler, though...