PDA

View Full Version : I.M.O.T.U.P.H. World Campaign



Guigarci
2012-10-21, 12:06 AM
Character (Player):

Kassius (Cuaqchi), Grishnik(da prophet), Karak(Eshkigal), Faren Eil(Machuchang)


Level 0: You have been in the city of Sausroi for about two yellow months of relative calm. Adventurers such as yourselves are, however, rarely calm for long, and recently the Society of Antiquarians has posted a calling for the retrieval of a stolen artefact.

Guigarci
2012-10-21, 01:25 AM
The bill by the Antiquarians directs you to the town of Trieme, about three days journey out of the city on foot into the hill-lands. It does not fully specify the task at hand, merely that an item is to be retrieved from a thief's hideout. Details, it explains, will be provided once you get there.

You know the region to be mostly lawless outside of the roads, and sometimes even on the roads themselves.

You may also know that the days of the Hero are warm, long, mostly cloudless and pleasantly windy, in and near the Aaufian hills. Thin copses of trees dot the landscape, feeding off the rich soils and many streams of the region. Hardier varietals of grape are grown to be pressed into the oaky wines of the region. Wild strawberries are in fruit, and the centuries old roads are mostly dry and level.

However, you are still in the city.
Sausroi is bustling with the trade of summer, and you are getting ready to head towards to Trieme, via the western gate of the city.

da prophet
2012-10-21, 07:26 AM
standing dumbfounded by the large crowd he stopps in the middle of the road to watch all the people.

Cuaqchi
2012-10-21, 08:36 AM
Standing amongst the throngs of people waiting to use the western gate, and casually dumped into the back of the line due to his peasant like appearance, Kassius waited for his chance to get on road wondering, "How many others here are going to Trieme, and are any of those people the type that would help against the bandits along the way."

As the line slowly moved forward the guard eventually reached his position in line, and after a cursory view of his belongings and papers directed him out the doors and back into the open air where he had always been more comfortable. From there it was only a matter of walking the three days and keeping his eyes open for any bandits that would kill him for the fun of it after learning he had little of value to steal.

A couple of things, let's start this off right with a round of good luck to the approved players. Second, I call Lime for all Kassius's speech and thoughts.

Machuchang
2012-10-21, 02:20 PM
Faren carefully sidled along the edge of the crowd, trying to get to the gate without pushing his way through. So far, that wasn't working too well.

"Ex- Sorry. Excuse me. Pardon me," He mumbled apologies as moved against the crowd.

By the gods! There are so many people! He thought wearily. "How am I going to make it Trieme at this rate? The artifact will be long found before I even get there!

Eshkigal
2012-10-21, 09:16 PM
Karak readjusts his goggles, slightly irritated by how many of the taller folk there were around. Normally, he wouldn't even bother with this kind of thing, if it weren't for who was asking. His first contact with a Circle was within a chamber that had been disused for centuries. Who knows what other antiques would have what he seeks?

(Am I allowed to start with a bound vestige? If so, I choose Malphas, thanks to a feat that allows me to bind at +2 my level.)

Guigarci
2012-10-21, 10:11 PM
Esh:As for binders, I was thinking Kn. Arcana would be good for identifying vestiges, their sigils, goals and effects
Everyone: I'd appreciate if you could all post a link to your char sheet in the OOC thread. Just for my convenience :D thanks.
---------------------

The jostle out of the city is intense; with merchants and their guards heading both coming and going.
The incessant push and shove that threatened to trample smaller travelers eases as soon as you are past the bridge that spans the swamps around the city. The caravans headed west spill over the road, moving in a tight group full of soldiers of fortune, keeping the chance of bandits low; at least this close to the city.
The first day of travel is uneventful, if unpleasant. Horses, donkeys, mules, camels, and their drivers abound, wagon-wheels trundle over stones and dirt. Nonetheless, the safety of the small company of armed persons surrounding the traders is worth it.
The crowd slowly thins over the next day; with merchants turning off different roads, and you yourselves abandoning the main road eventually. It does not take you long to notice that the number of travelers on the road has shrunk down to an odd assortment of four.
An armored copper-red kobold with a bird perched on his shoulder and an inquisitive look in its eyes;
a powerfully built orc, short for his kind, holding onto an axe bigger than the Kobold and of strange make;
an aasimar druid, recognizable by the luminosity of his features and the rune-inscribed bronze sickle that hangs from his belt; and
a northener human from the distant Attian coast, if his cloak and eyes are any indication, heavily armed and appearing competent with them.

You come across a clearing as the sun approaches the western horizon; it is the first flat piece of land you have encountered all day that is not covered in rocks, roots or trees. It is obviously a popular rest stop for travelers, with a rock-lined firepit already excavated, full of cold ashes. You can hear a brook running nearby.

Machuchang
2012-10-22, 01:58 AM
Faren walked over to the site, obviously relieved at having found a place to rest. Soon enough, he had plopped himself down by the brook. After he had finished cleaning off the dirt of the road, he turned to inspect what remained of his roadside companions.

It's amazing how so many could be become so few. He thought as he viewed the other three travelers.Interesting sorts too...

"Say," He called out in Common, hoping that the others would be able to pick up at least a few of his words. "What brings you folks this far off the main trail? Are you all headed to Trieme as well?"

da prophet
2012-10-22, 07:47 AM
Seeing there is still good light left but tired from the yourney the stout halforc takes out a fishingrod and start fishing. Asking the wanderer that spoke can you repeat in eitadu? I do not understand.

Eshkigal
2012-10-22, 09:28 AM
Karak looks at the two bigger people, muttering in draconic.
"This might be a longer trip than I thought..."
He then speaks up.
"Draconic? Dunley? Ritkasi?...Ancient Skorath?"
He manages to speak them all in common, but that is the extent of his knowledge.

Cuaqchi
2012-10-22, 09:49 AM
Moving to the fire pit the aasimar does a quick check of the coals, hoping to see if the fire could be restarted quickly. While doing so he replied in his own broken common, "Yes, Trieme. Have work with a missing artifact."

Having determined the condition of the fire pit he then began collecting dead fall, and piling the material within easy reach of who ever had fire picket before starting the flames. During his work he looked to the kobold and shook his head trying to communicate while speaking in Zraich, "Sadly, I don't speak any of those languages. I have never been that far north, though I speak a number of languages from the regions of Pellia along with a few more obscure ones."

DM:
[roll0] Survival to prep the camp site, since it seems like this is the best spot to stop.

da prophet
2012-10-22, 12:45 PM
The small ork, fastens his fishingrod between two sticks before he turns into his big backpack finding a big kettle full of a foul smelling stew made with blood, big lumps of meat and something you dont want to know what is. In eitaidu he says man-things should eat to grow strong as the sons of the woodwatchers. he says with a very wide grin it is corteous to eat other peoples food grinning offering al of you what is in that foul kettle.

Guigarci
2012-10-22, 05:13 PM
Thankfully, before any of you can answer, you hear footsteps trundling through the woods west of you.
------
Perception check:
DC 19: You hear whispering, three voices, one female and two male
DC 29 & Common:You understand fragments of the conversation "..." "..." "...opportunity...gear...Renny...orc"
DC 29 & Speak Garais: You understand what they're saying."...Travelers. You think they've spotted us?" "We ought to..." "Back away? Not a chance. Look they have food and gear. We take on them and we can head back to camp. So pipe down and do as I say. Renny, bow, go after the greenskin."

Eshkigal
2012-10-22, 08:24 PM
Karak tenses slightly, before sending his bird out. He seeks them out through his link, to try and determine their intent, and feeling glad that Malphas allows temporary invisibility. Didn't feel comfortable with the non reptilian...
[roll0]-perception

Cuaqchi
2012-10-22, 09:36 PM
Looking towards the sound of voices Kassius calls out in common, "Come join our fire. The orc has made dinner."

Perception[roll0] - Damn; came close but a Level 1 it's hard to meet a 29...

Machuchang
2012-10-23, 12:42 AM
Faren nodded at the aasimar, and nodded.

"Excellent! That's my purpose for the journey as well!" He said excitedly. Allow me to apologize, I'm not sure if I've introduced myself. I'm Faren. Faren Eil. It's a real pleasure to meet all of you."

He smiled as the orc proffered the kettle and took a good deep whiff, before hearing the slight crackle of leaves underfoot. He cautiously rested his hand on his quarterstaff as he turned toward the sound.

[roll0]

da prophet
2012-10-23, 06:06 AM
starting to eat at a terrible pace he dont hear anything exept from the fire cracling lustily and of course his own eating

[roll0]

Guigarci
2012-10-23, 08:23 PM
Moments after your invitation you hear rustling, and a two humans, a male and a female, and a male half elf come out from the trees. They are all armed and wearing matching breastplates that have seen better days, with previous heraldry crudely scraped off and a wolf stenciled atop with rust and wax. "Well met" says the woman in common. "Very kind of you to invite us. I am Joan, and my comrades Martin and Renny." she says, gesturing to the human and half elf respectively. The latter looks at you carefully and returns the arrow in his hand to its quiver.

They partake hungrily of whatever food you offer them, sharing their own meager rations with you in return. "You seem like adventurers" says Martin. "Any chance you'd be looking for work?"

Machuchang
2012-10-23, 08:24 PM
Faren's eyes lit up at the mention of a job.

"What sort of thing did you have in mind?"

da prophet
2012-10-24, 08:34 AM
dont understand what they say Grishnik does what any honorable man would do in the same situation nod, eat, pretend to understand what they say and say small ords he have picked up in the last weeks.

bluff roll: [roll0]

Eshkigal
2012-10-24, 09:29 AM
"Depends. What's involved?"
He tries to keep his calm. Bloody nine hells, why did there have to be a half elf? Malphas always gets vocal at trying to impress anything with a drop of elf in them.

Cuaqchi
2012-10-24, 10:09 AM
"As my companions have said," Kassius asks, looking at the three new comers, "What is required for this job? We already have one job that shouldn't take very long; but, if yours can be in concert we may be able to take it on."

Guigarci
2012-10-25, 03:46 AM
The trio exchange looks upon hearing you have a job. Renny's brows furrow as he nods at his companions.
"It is nothing complicated" says Joan, obviously the group's diplomat. "My friends and I are a group of free-lance adventurers. We've recently completed a retrieval for this genassi lady, but it was more difficult than expected. To make a long story short, we're having trouble getting paid, and with her in Trieme it's hard to go into town for supplies without risking getting robbed by her thugs; so we're going to Sausroi to get goods, but if you would get us rations at Trieme we can be with the rest of our company and ready up for when she sends sell-swords at us. If you were to join us against her thugs we'd be grateful; you guys could even join the Red Wolves. A wizard and a druid would be great additions"

da prophet
2012-10-25, 04:55 AM
Smiling as knowingly as possible, trying to get a grasp of the conversation while setting out a fishingnet for the night.

Machuchang
2012-10-25, 06:48 PM
Faren listened to the new arrivals, nodding occasionally.

"The Red Wolves, huh? Well, I can't tell you that I'd be interested in fighting for your group or not, but I wouldn't mind gathering up some supplies for you at all," He said.

Sense Motive: [roll0]

Cuaqchi
2012-10-25, 08:34 PM
"I honestly have no desire to fight," Kassius says, looking at the condition of the trio's armour. "And even if I did I would have no desire to do so for a leader with as little compassion for their troops that they are given shoddy, rusting armour to protect themselves."

Guigarci
2012-10-26, 03:32 AM
Faren: You notice that after they learned of you having a job in store their pose and attitude towards you has become more guarded. They exchange more glances with each other, as if unsure of maintaining their work offer.

The trio's faces sour as the aasimar speaks. The half elf mutters something under his breath.
"It might not be dwarvencraft adamantine, but it is certainly better than that hide you drape over yourself" replies Martin, standing. His voice drips with disdain for Kassius. He makes a move as if to draw the sword on his belt, but Joan stops him, standing to bring him back down to his seat. "We are immensely grateful for your hospitality" says she, courteously. "But I must ask for your druid to retract his words, and refrain from insulting us or our company."

Listen (on Renny)
DC 15, Eitadu: 'should've put an arrow through that sargasso-scented ass-imar.

da prophet
2012-10-26, 11:00 AM
[roll0]
when the good smelling man thing moves to unsheat his sword grishnik- ever suspicious of man things from outside of his village takes his weapon out of the sheets while continuing to watch the people.

Cuaqchi
2012-10-27, 11:49 AM
"I was only stating a readily observable fact," Kassius stats, "That your armour is in such a condition means that you either are mistreated by your leadership and forced to wear shoddy materials, or your most recent adventures involved sitting in a pool of brine long enough that your armour began to rust. The problem with the latter case is that none of you show any signs of rash or scaling associated with prolonged contact between your skin and a high concentration of salt; meaning, that if that is the case you likely were not wearing the armour and instead had it stored somewhere in an attempt to conceal your allegiances.

Pausing slightly to allow his comrades to catch up to his description, Kassius moves over to the orc and gently places his hand on the man's shoulder in the hope that he could convey the possible need for a sword arm. "What that would tell me is that your organization is not as well liked as you would have us think; since, it is at least one or both of the cities of Trieme and Sausroi which required you to pickle your arms. Personally, I have no desire to be such a pariah and though you are free to share this fire with us we shall head our own way after the night passes."

Eshkigal
2012-10-27, 01:26 PM
"Friend, quiet your concerns a moment. All they ask for is food, something that wouldn't take long to do. Now, I have other things I must seek, and would not be able to join your company, but I do seek certain rumors out. Food for the price of keeping an ear out for tidbits of things I seek, perhaps?"
Truth is, he could care less for their plight, however, selfishness doesn't do at times. Especially in the world owned by the mammals.

da prophet
2012-10-27, 02:12 PM
pink skins- they allways speak to much. seeing that the man will use him for protection he says in eitaiducalm down frail one. before he remembers that they dont speak his language then he just grunts cursing that noone speaks his language before he goes back to watch out for aggressive movements.

Guigarci
2012-10-28, 01:51 PM
The half elf laughs when he hears the orc reassure Kassius. "If that fool knew to keep his mouth shut he'd not be in need of calming down" he says in Grishnik's tongue. "He should know that he's been uttering fighting words non-stop. And I thought priestly folk were supposed to be clever"

The two humans pointedly ignore the aasimar and turn to the rest of you. "You getting the provisions is help enough" says Joan. "You can meet us three hours north of the settlement, there's some ruins and a gated cave on the hillside east of the circular structure. We can meet you there at noon two days time." She takes a pouch off Martin's belt and tosses it at Faren. "This is for the provisions, there's a list inside. Do this well and there'll be gold for you." She stands, gesturing to her companions that they are ready to leave. Martin draws his sword and points it at Kassius. "Insult us again druid, and you'll find yourself a head shorter" he says before following his group into the woods.

XP: 200 per capita

Machuchang
2012-10-28, 01:57 PM
"Well that could have been more pleasant," Faren said as he rooted through the pouch. He opened it up and examined the list.

Guigarci
2012-10-28, 02:46 PM
The pouch is full of wafer-thin triangular gold coins with writing on one face and a stylized horned animal on the other. They are markedly unlike modern ones, and their ductility points to them being entirely gold. There are approximately 60 of these.
The items on the list are fairly common: dry rations, whetstones, oil, salt, etcetera.

Kn. Religion 10You have seen drawings of the coins before. They are Nethundi funerary coins, with eight arranged over the deceased's chest. The animal is supposed to be a dragon of sorts.

Machuchang
2012-10-28, 02:51 PM
"Huh. These are peculiar," Faren said, mainly to himself. He showed the contents of the pouch to the rest of the party. "Do any of you folks recognize these coins?"

Cuaqchi
2012-10-28, 03:07 PM
"Ritual tokens for passage to the afterlife," Kassius says, watching as the trio departs. "Not exactly something I would consider spending as hard currency unless I was looking for trouble."

Know. Religion[roll0]

da prophet
2012-10-29, 01:22 AM
grunting grishich sits down to fish some more
religion
[roll0]
fishing (survival)
[roll1]

Guigarci
2012-10-29, 01:58 AM
Grishnik comes up from the creek with a single well-sized fish; recognizing the coins for what they are, having seen them in old, abandoned caves in the mountains near his homeland.
It grows late, however, and you ready to sleep.

Machuchang
2012-10-29, 02:10 AM
Faren yawned deeply.

"Well that was an exciting day," He said. "But I am tuckered out. Are any of you fine folks alright with calling it a night?"

Eshkigal
2012-10-29, 08:12 AM
[roll0]-Knowledge religion
"Go ahead, I'll keep first watch."
Karak slides his goggles up as the sun falls past the horizon. Ah, darkness, such a pleasant time. He also rummages around for some rations-ah! Rat jerky! Perfect!

da prophet
2012-10-29, 09:58 AM
when Grishnik sees the coins he curses: getting so upset that he speaks in his own tribe tounge " these coins needs to pe put back immediatly we cannot give them to greedy coldhands they have no respect for the dead yanking the coins aay from the greedy pinkflesh.

Eshkigal
2012-10-29, 10:46 AM
"Huh. Why do some cultures leave metal on their fallen, anyway? Makes more sense to redistribute it."
Karak looks up at the pouch. It was another oddity of these taller folk.

Cuaqchi
2012-10-29, 10:51 AM
"It is sometimes customary to pay the the various gatekeepers in one's passage to the underworld," Kassius says, watching as the orc did his best to safely stow the coins away from everyone else. "It represents a notion within some cultures that the gods share many behaviors - including a focus on commerce - with mere mortals."

da prophet
2012-10-29, 10:52 AM
grishnik gives a mean look at the tiny one before he goes to bed, waching his back- with people who will buy items for money thefted from a grav you never know.

Machuchang
2012-10-29, 12:41 PM
"Uh, well, alright. You keep the coins then," Faren said as the half-orc yanked them out of his hands. "You'll probably keep them safer than me anyway."

With that, Faren set up his sleeping gear and crawled into his bedroll.

"Goodnight all."

da prophet
2012-10-29, 02:20 PM
"Goodnight all."

god bless your sleep, may you wake up tomorrow

Guigarci
2012-10-29, 03:12 PM
The night passes without a hitch, and you are back on the road to Trieme virtually at first light.
Around noon you pass the first few farmsteads of the township. People are busy tending to their livestock and their ripening crops. Very few looks are spared for the group of strangers on the road.
The 'center' of town is little more than the end of the road, a trampled dirt plaza that marks the end of the road. The plaza harbors a stone cairn decorated with now dry flower garlands, a well, and a handful of buildings.
A young boy, surrounded by a small flock of goats, is pulling water from the well.
You know you are supposed to meet the representative of the Antiquarians in the local tavern, though the lack of signs on the buildings make it hard to assess which serves which function.

da prophet
2012-10-29, 03:23 PM
grishnik growls in eitaidu askingwhere is the tavern boy? yanking a kid going past them, having slept bad in fear for getting a knife in his back.

Guigarci
2012-10-29, 07:36 PM
The child stares, wide eyed with terror, not understanding Grishnik's snarling words. Hesitantly he points in the direction of one of the bigger buildings; the only two-storied structure in town.

Cuaqchi
2012-10-29, 09:15 PM
"He doesn't mean to frighten you child," Kassius says as the boy directs them away. "He had a rough night, and there are people we are supposed to meet with at the tavern."

Guigarci
2012-10-30, 03:42 AM
The door of the building jingles as it opens. Inside the front room is cluttered with sacks, barrels, jars of pickles and jams, and racks of ploughs, scythes, and miscellaneous supplies. The muted sounds of people come in through a side door. The tavern seems to double as the town's store. The innkeeper, a lean, angular dwarf is standing behind the counter. "How can I help you?" he asks in common with a thick rural accent. "Drink and food are in the back, my daughter can take your orders"

The backroom is all but empty, chairs upended on the tables, waiting for the evening crowd. Among the tables the only one occupied is seating a blue-haired woman with a close-cropped haircut and a book in hand.

da prophet
2012-10-30, 12:11 PM
still angry about the burial coins grishnik walks over to the lady, fury in his eyes "you dont happen to know anything about these? every word filled with poison, not even caring if others could see it.

Cuaqchi
2012-10-30, 01:38 PM
"While, I was going to inquire about the coins..." Kassius mumbles to himself, "But, the orc's method is far more entertaining.

He waits by the door to the tavern as he watches the exchange, hoping that the woman the orc is presently berating isn't too squeamish.

Eshkigal
2012-10-30, 02:20 PM
Karak shakes his head as the half orc charges past. He scurries away from the talkative aasimar, towards the person Grishnik was harassing.
"Terribly sorry, but what my associate here is likely trying to say is we were approached by a small group seeking general goods, and who gave us these to pay with. By any chance has there been any strange or unusual activity in the area concerning thefts from corpses?"
[roll0]-diplomacy

Guigarci
2012-10-30, 10:38 PM
The woman smiles, somewhat amused. "Are you always so rude to strangers?" she asks the orc in his tongue. "Why would you believe me involved?" switching to common she turns to the kobold. "this group you saw, was it a party of five, three men and two women, in armor with either a blue horse or a red wolf emblazoned on it? If so I know who contacted you, and am willing to offer you a job and an appropriate reward." She puts her book down, its front against the table. "I am Zia Tuan, Procurer for the Antiquarians; and they they are a band of ex-mercenaries I hired to retrieve a stone bauble from the Saltpeaks. I was supposed to meet them in this town to finalize the transaction but they now refuse to hand it over, demanding I pay them more. They have taken refuge somewhere in the ruins north of here. Their chaplain has obscured my divinations somehow. But if they want you to get goods for them, you must have a way to contact them. Bring me the cylinder and I will reward you, should you make an example of them I will provide a bonus"

Machuchang
2012-10-30, 10:49 PM
Faren clicked his tongue against his teeth, obviously displeased.

"Geez," He said with a sigh. "I should've known they'd be trouble. I mean, we don't really owe them a thing, but it still feels like a double-cross,"

He shook his head.

"Ah, well. I signed up to get an artifact back for the Antiquarians, so that's what I'll do."

Cuaqchi
2012-10-30, 11:23 PM
Laughing, Kassius says, "It would seem my conclusions as to the nature of our visitors was correct. Even if the exact details differ from my conjecture the trio were ruffians, and not worth dealing with."

Looking to Faren he continues, "Why should we betray their trust? They threatened me should we ever meet again, if they make good on such a threat the world itself will envelop them in its might as punishment."

Guigarci
2012-10-31, 02:31 AM
"Well then" she says hearing Kassius. "I am glad we are of a mind. And young man" she adds, turning to Faren. "Your steadfastness to the Antiquarians will not go un-noticed. Now, what are the names you go by, adventurers? I need to keep records of my transactions on behalf of the guild."
The sun has set by now, and the tavern is experiencing a light trickle of people coming in. "Now, you may want to rent rooms, though I would advise you get started on the job as soon as possible." She pulls a scrap of parchment from a vest pocket and sketches with charcoal a crude map of the area and the ruins. "I believe them to be holed up in the old temple to Thanon. The place could allow the priest to establish a ward against my divinations. Also the temple's crypts could be the source of those coins that offend you so." She smiles. "I would be willing to buy them off you for forty gold pieces"

Kn Religion 18 The ward would only work if the grounds were consacrated to the same god as that of the cleric casting the spell. Should this not be the case, the ground would need to be desecrated.
Kn Religion 10The desecration along with the profanation of the graves would make the place a ripe spot for spontaneous undead.

Cuaqchi
2012-10-31, 09:23 AM
"Kassius Morrag," Kassius replies, "Though your offer seems reasonable my preference, which is likely shared by the orc is that the coins be returned to the graves that they came from. However, if such graves cannot be found due to the actions of these mercenaries than the coins are best kept within the confines of a group who values them for history rather than wealth and I would be willing to grant them to freely."

da prophet
2012-10-31, 09:29 AM
im assuming she tells me, then i will vote for travveling asap, not telling my name to scum that may wwant to get dead peoples coins.

Machuchang
2012-10-31, 11:39 AM
"My name is Faren. It's a pleasure to meet you, Zia," The young man gave a quick bow, before examining the map.

"About how long do you think it would take to reach this temple? If we do go, I'd like to catch the thieves when they're least likely to be on guard."

Eshkigal
2012-10-31, 12:21 PM
"Karak. A room would be a good idea, yes. Have some preparations to handle before that anyway."

da prophet
2012-10-31, 04:55 PM
turning to the blue haired woman asking how did you get in touch with those mercenaries? if she gives even the slightest provocation grishnik is confident in his abilities to break her like a twig- of course not from a living tree- that would be a bad deed.

Guigarci
2012-10-31, 05:31 PM
"Through the usual channels. I put out feelers for adventurers interested in retrieving the item. They had left their company and were looking for work. Does that satisfy you, orc?" she asks, before repeating in common. "Anyway, it is my pleasure to have made your acquaintance. Elia!" she calls out. The human girl tending to the other patrons rushes over. "Tell your father I will be paying for these four's beds. Two rooms should suffice" "Yes ma'am" she replies with a bow, heading off to the dwarf at the front desk.

Should you stay and relax in the common room and drink or eat, you are served young wine, the taste of strawberries mingling with the fruitiness of the grapes. The food is simple, a stew of barley, vegetables and hen. There is no music player, rather the muted chatter of the villagers is what livens the atmosphere.

Should you instead head up to the rooms, you find them clean though not particularly spacious. The doorways are somewhat low, roughly 5'4"; the walls whitewashed; the walls decorated with a couple of wreaths of dried flowers and herbs, still holding their scent; the beds, two per room, are each a slab of wood with several undyed woolen blankets serving as both bedding and sheets; and the windows are shuttered and beveled openings in the wall.

da prophet
2012-11-01, 04:30 AM
grishnik eats whatever there is then go outside to sleep- those pinkflesh lives way to cramped. a proper orc sleeps in his tent.

Machuchang
2012-11-01, 10:49 AM
Faren ate the stew with gusto, savoring the taste of a home-cooked meal. When he had finished, he bade the rest of the group a good night, before retiring to his room. He ducked his head beneath the door's tiny frame, and threw himself into the bed.

He sighed with pleasure as he sank into the mattress. He had rarely been given the opportunity to sleep in a real bed, and it was a real treat every time. A full belly and a warm bed. Life didn't get much better than that.

Guigarci
2012-11-02, 01:49 PM
Karak manages to claim the entire other room for himself. The night passes uneventfully. In the morning, before the sun is yet up, you are woken up by the incesant and thunderous crowing of all manner of farm fowl. The smell of bread, wood smoke, and morning dew rises from the ground floor to you.
Grishnik wakes up to a plethora of goats and sheep grazing around his tent, baaing churlishly at the orc.

You all remember that the Red Wolves agreed to meet you at noon by the mouth of a caves three hours north of town.

da prophet
2012-11-02, 02:56 PM
grishnik quicly dressing ready to hunting, then he remembers that he got more pressing matter quickly gathering his things going to search for this bluehaired pinkskin, intending to get her to hep him gather up people to help him kill the robbers. he likes that lady- she is cultivated enough to understand eitaidu, not like those other barbariANS.

Machuchang
2012-11-02, 03:13 PM
Faren awoke the rising sun, extremely well-rested. He yawned, stretched, the rolled out of bed before returning to the main room of the inn to meet with the rest of his party.

Cuaqchi
2012-11-02, 05:24 PM
"Good morning," Kassius states, as Faren enters the main eating area. "I expect that we will be departing as soon as everyone has eaten their fill. We still have to find a way to acquire the items the brigands desired; otherwise, a meeting will be like us initiating the hostilities."

Machuchang
2012-11-02, 05:34 PM
Faren nodded.

"Fair enough, though I am curious as to what exactly there motivations are. What could possibly be worth holing themselves up in a musty old temple like this?" He shook his head. "This is really worrying me. I'd like to avoid any sort of confrontation if at all possible, but a part of me feels like violence is inevitable,"

Eshkigal
2012-11-02, 07:25 PM
Meanwhile, in the night, Karak sneaks out to the nearest woods, before scrawling the sign of Amon into soil with a stick. He makes a pact that night, praying the others wouldn't know a kobold from another. Eh, he could say it's special dragon magic. That tends to work. Silly mammalian fools.
[roll0]-bind DC to avoid his influence.
(Once things get closer to normal here, could we rp some of these?)

The next day, he hops down the stairs, cowl up and leaving with a loaf of bread hastily picked up.
"If we're hunting them, we may as well begin."

Guigarci
2012-11-03, 01:10 PM
Esh: I would love to; and Amon is aware of the temple you're going, it belonged to a fire god of purity and Amon asks for its sanctity not to be restored.

After walking for a few hours through the lightly-wooded hills you reach a low stone wall, rocks scattered all around it. Not too far away is another, tracing a large rectangle on the floor. There are dozens of these low stone rectangles, letting you know that you have reached the site of the old village. Nothing seems to rise beyond a couple stones high as you walk through the overgrown ruins. You catch sight of a fox darting through the overgrown street as you look for the temple. When you finally find it, reaching it's walls, you wonder how you missed it before, as it is so obviously different from everything, white-stoned and it still stands one story tall. The circular tower's door still stands, though orange stains on the oak promise the hinges to be long gone.

Karak:Amon's voice wakens upon seeing the door, goading you to bash the door down, his tone imperious and haughty

da prophet
2012-11-03, 02:06 PM
grishnik sees that they are not far away so he drags out his weapon before saying stand behind me and we will get out of here alive. before he remembers that no one understans his language, again cursing those pinkskins that cannot stay with one language.

Eshkigal
2012-11-03, 05:54 PM
@Amon: "I shall not restore this place, and will help spill blood in it's halls if my enemy resides there. Perhaps an...unfortunate accident, with fire from your bond, who knows what can happen. The rest depends upon how well it serves my needs, for I will not risk myself needlessly."

@the temple: I am scrawny, weak. I cannot budge these doors on my own, and the others seem averse to this idea. Blood will fall upon the altar, though.
Karak pulls out his crossbow, before tapping and pointing to the big, green one, and to the doorway. Maybe he would do the deed.

Guigarci
2012-11-05, 12:19 PM
You might focus your hearing, trying to ascertain the number of people inside, but you hear nothing beyond the sound of leaves being ruffled by the breeze.
Examining the door reveals to you...
Perception(search-spot-listen)10there is a faded line of rust across the door, hinting at a chain once laid across it.
Perception 20the door's locking mechanism has long corroded away. Peeking into the keyhole, you see through the cobwebs into a large dust filled space with an altar at its centre

da prophet
2012-11-05, 01:13 PM
still angry from those graverobbers grishnik decides, enough of this farce trying to open the door, if it is locked simply laying more than 200 pounds of musckle behind breaking open the door, weapon in hand. and anticlimatic in his rage missing the door and hitting the wall- cursing angry.
breaking don the door[roll0]

Machuchang
2012-11-05, 01:21 PM
Perception: [roll0]

Faren stood in front of the door, eyeing it curiously, before the orc suddenly charged. He spun out of the way as Grishnik slammed into the wall.

"Uhm," He stared at the orc, worried. "Are you alright?"

da prophet
2012-11-05, 01:29 PM
grishnik grunts before he smiles a reasuring smile that cleaves straight through his stupid face yes, yes, could you help grishnik?

Cuaqchi
2012-11-05, 03:03 PM
Moving to the door Kassius looks for the handle before trying to push the door open. "Why are you trying to break the door down? The fastenings on one side are obviously in degraded condition and we can probably assume that the same holds true for everything else."

Guigarci
2012-11-05, 04:17 PM
The doors creak as Kassius places his weight against the door. They seem not to budge for a moment before starting to tip away, falling onto the floor with a thunderous boom, raising a cloud of dust. Once the dust has settled you can see the almost empty temple. The once bright frescoes on the wall have been all but washed off, and the marble inlays on the floor have cracked an come out of place. In the centre of the room is a rectangular stone block, its sides carved into spirals and flames, and archons etched into the corners. At the far end of this circular chamber is an open archway, leading into another ruined room. Each step you take echoes against the bare wall and raises small plumes of dust. As you get close to the altar you notice:
That the room beyond is overgrown and apparently empty, once the sacristy of this temple, now an intractable tangle of brambles.
Perception 10 The top of the altar is embedded with disks of rock crystal and spirals of gold-glazed copper that have come loose
Perception 20The cracks and chips on the floor around the altar seem darker and deeper than those elsewhere.

Machuchang
2012-11-05, 04:24 PM
Faren glanced around the room, checking to see if they were only ones there.

Perception: [roll0]

Something about the altar caught his eye. Curious, he approached it and examined the cracks in the floor.

Guigarci
2012-11-05, 04:39 PM
Faren kneels by the altar, pushing dust and poking at the cracks. The twigs slip in and do not hit a bottom, and the dust siphons down, vanishing into the dark.

Kn Religion 10 or Kn Architecture 5 This style of temple often has the entrance to the crypts beneath the altar.

Machuchang
2012-11-05, 04:43 PM
"Uh, guys?" Faren turned to the rest of the group. "I think I found something."

Eshkigal
2012-11-07, 10:43 AM
Karak walks over to Faren, hearing Amon laugh in his head after the doors drop.
"What did you find?"
[roll0]knowledge religion

Machuchang
2012-11-07, 11:51 AM
"I... I'm not quite sure. It looks like there's something underneath the altar,"

da prophet
2012-11-08, 02:48 PM
walking after the others, still bitter that the little midget did what he could not do. and when the pinkflesh goes to the altar grishnik looks if someone have soiled the room, with graverobbers you never know

Eshkigal
2012-11-08, 03:16 PM
"I think this's where you guys keep the dead. Why you keep the dead, I don't know. Mind trying to open it?"

Machuchang
2012-11-08, 06:00 PM
"Uh, sure," Faren began to move the stones, opening the pathway underneath.

Guigarci
2012-11-09, 03:58 AM
The cracks on the floor are, by themselves too small to pry, so you push against the altar, asking your companions for help.
The stone slab slides to the side reluctantly, revealing a set of steep and narrow stairs, ending in a sealed wooden door. Inscriptions surround the door and a circle-bound sunburst is carved on the door. The brass hinges holding the door are shaped like feathered wings, and green with patina.

Decipher script 17, Garais The inscriptions read, insomuch as you can tell. "Bone-sleep-corridor" and "Radiance shields us; Radiance cleanses us"

Cuaqchi
2012-11-09, 11:30 PM
"This is definitely a crypt," Kassius says, reading the inscription. "I would check to see if the door has been opened recently enough to consider it a possible source of coins; and, if not we can leave it and wait for our contacts upstairs."

Perception - To note any disturbances in the layers of dust and/or debris associated with a crypt of this age. [roll0]

Guigarci
2012-11-10, 03:19 PM
Kassius:The dust and door seem unmolested; untouched for a long time.

Cuaqchi
2012-11-11, 05:02 PM
Confirming the state of the alcove Kassius turns around and begins returning to the chamber, calling back over his shoulder."There is no reason for us to head in there, the graves are likely not the ones the coins came from and I would prefer not being the target of whatever wards were placed upon the crypt."

da prophet
2012-11-13, 02:34 PM
shrugging quietly grishnik stands next to the door, axe in hand, blood will spill.

da prophet
2012-11-17, 07:45 AM
aand he scratches his back (or bumping as i would say)

Machuchang
2012-11-17, 10:19 AM
Faren turned to Kassius.

"Uh, alright then. Where would you suggest we head?"

Eshkigal
2012-11-17, 10:33 AM
"Maybe higher up in the temple?"

Guigarci
2012-11-17, 04:03 PM
As you stand, thinking what to do next, those of you standing closest to the door hear, or think you hear, a muted crash come from beyond the door.

da prophet
2012-11-18, 09:39 AM
a crash from within the door is all grishnik needs, kicking downn the door screaming bastards!!! [roll0] i think i broke that door but ill let the dm decide.

Guigarci
2012-11-18, 10:24 PM
The door swings open with a thunderous boom as Grishnik rams through it, raising an impenetrable cloud of dust.
Once it has settled, you can see three rows of niches to either side of the narrow hallway. Each of these niches is filled by a long, cloth-wrapped, bundle. Several of these bundles have collapsed, fragments of dust and bone visible through the holes in the tattered cloth.

Machuchang
2012-11-18, 10:27 PM
Faren gasped as the door fell. Cautiously, he followed after Grishnik, poking his head in through the door.

Guigarci
2012-11-20, 01:47 PM
The crypts are devoid of any light source you can see, now illuminated only by the afternoon sun. The smell of rancid oil coming from the niches is almost overpowering.

Once you are all in I will be asking for a Survival check

da prophet
2012-11-20, 02:27 PM
grishnik walks with great care and respect to the tombs.
i got orc vision so thats no problem for me:smallbiggrin:

Cuaqchi
2012-11-20, 08:36 PM
Letting Grishnik lead Kassius once again descends the stairs to enter the crypt. As he enters he looks rapidly around the first chamber while mumbling, "Idiot, these caverns are likely as ruined as the chamber above why is he trying to break everything."

Perception [roll0], Survival [roll1]

Eshkigal
2012-11-20, 08:49 PM
"Might be traps, too."
Karak sniffs the air as he enters, looking around. Pity there was so much ambient light, because this place might feel a bit more like home without it.

Machuchang
2012-11-20, 08:50 PM
Faren trailed after the rest of the party, waiting for his eyes to adjust to the dark.

Guigarci
2012-11-20, 11:32 PM
The catacombs are mazelike, and soon you are plunged into utter darkness. It is not long before Kassius notices that the sounds of people have stopped; no doubt after hearing Grishnik's thunderous entrance into the catacombs. After some time the stone no longer seems hewn, but rather carved by water and burrowing animals: the floor is irregular, though mostly flat and the ceiling slowly dips to only a few inches over five feet, forcing the human and aasimar to stoop down.
Faren: Balance Check less than 16 (-2 circumstance penalty (blind, but being led) already factored into DC) You stumble in the dark, managing to catch yourself with one of the niches. The bundle of rags gives way under your hands, with the clatter of bones and the soft poofing sound of broken spore sacks.
Will save 10Your hand feels a cool stone band amid the cloth

Machuchang
2012-11-21, 12:51 AM
Faren stumbled blindly through the dark, cold sweat trickling down the back of his neck.

"C... Could we slow down a little a bit?" He stuttered, as he tried to keep his balance.

Balance: [roll0]

Eshkigal
2012-11-22, 02:06 PM
"Come now, darkness doesn't hurt your eyes."
Karak hops up, grabbing Faren's hand not apparently in a corpse.
"Need help extracting your hand? Kurtulmak below, they should've shot the diggers, honestly. Such shoddy work for the first half, then they just give up! That's just downright disgraceful, that is."
Still, a cave's a cave. Been a long time since he got to be in any kind of tunnel. Kind of wished he had his pick, though.

da prophet
2012-11-22, 04:30 PM
starting getting anoyed by this game grishnik shouts ohoy is it anybody in here?

Guigarci
2012-11-22, 08:47 PM
As you turn a corner you see the crypts open up into a vast chamber, lit by flickering bonfires. From down the hall you can make out several sleeping rolls.

Machuchang
2012-11-28, 01:29 AM
Faren cautiously entered the room, moving as quietly as he could, his weapon at the ready. Very carefully, he made his way over to the sleeping rolls to examine them.

Move Silently: [roll0]
Search: [roll1]
Perception (if necessary): [roll2]

Guigarci
2012-11-28, 02:08 AM
Faren fails to notice the wire laid taunt a few inches over the floor as he entered the cavern.
Tripping barbed wire: Faren attack 1 (touch, trip):[roll0] (do a dex or str check vs that (if it hits) to not be tripped)
attack 2:[roll1] (-4 to your ac if you are tripped): Damage[roll2]

Machuchang
2012-11-28, 02:12 AM
Faren fails to notice the wire laid taunt a few inches over the floor as he entered the cavern.
Tripping barbed wire: Faren attack 1 (touch, trip):[roll0] (do a dex or str check vs that (if it hits) to not be tripped)
attack 2:[roll1] (-4 to your ac if you are tripped): Damage[roll2]


Yikes!
Dex Check: [roll0]

Faren let out a yelp as he felt a sharp chain dig into his ankle. With a profound lack of ceremony, he collapsed into the floor with a heavy thud.

da prophet
2012-11-28, 03:56 AM
musing to himself those men that stads so high that they cannot even stand right before he moves close enough to see the tripping wire. then he feels bad making fun of faren.

Guigarci
2012-11-29, 03:35 PM
As soon as Grishnik steps into the light, two arrows fly at him from behind a large altarlike rock slab.
[roll0] [roll1]
One of the arrows hits true, piercing Grishnik's side, as the other flies past his head, leaving him unscathed.
"Stand down" says a familiar voice, Joan. "Give us our money back and you can leave in peace"

da prophet
2012-12-03, 03:23 PM
assuming i may speak:you stole those money, why should we give them back? we should put the funeral crowns on the people that had them around their necks.

Cuaqchi
2012-12-04, 10:12 AM
"Not going to happen," Kassius says, slipping around the corner to draw his bow. "You're thieves and are to be punished as such."

He then let fly with his first arrow looking to hit whichever member of the trio came into sight first.

[roll0][roll1] Assuming I'm within range for Point Blank Shot.

Eshkigal
2012-12-04, 10:50 AM
"Next time, don't pay people in coin that could get them arrested when they try to help you."
Karak pulls out his crossbow, loading a shot. He looks around to try and spot the archers.
[roll0]-perception

Machuchang
2012-12-04, 12:51 PM
Faren slowly rose to his feet, favoring his uninjured leg. Cautiously, he retrieved his quarterstaff as he scanned the area for his opponents.

Perception (if applicable): [roll0]

da prophet
2012-12-04, 02:23 PM
Sorry double post:(

da prophet
2012-12-04, 02:29 PM
Grishnik charges to where the arrow came from hacking at anyone within range. [roll0] [roll1]
+8 to hit +5 damage

Guigarci
2012-12-06, 07:12 PM
Kassius: Not within PB range, roll critical threat though.
Faren: You notice, hiding around a corner a man in similar breastplate standing with his eyes closed, hands clasped in prayer; lips barely moving as he sways gently.
Karak & Faren: You notice Martin off to the side of the far end of the chamber, spinning a sling
Grishnik: because of the slab between you and them you can't reach without a reach weapon. You can, as part of your charge do a jump check, dc 20 to hop onto it.
Kassius's arrow flies true, penetrating the taller male's breastplate. He cries out in pain.
"Druid!" Yells Martin, letting go of his sling's load. (RTA)[roll0] Flames explode on the Aasimar's body, singeing those around him.
Seeing Grishnik charge two arrows fly from Renny and the other man's bows immediately, having anticipated a charge [roll1][roll2] They fly harmlessly by Grishnik's face, not even distracting the charging barbarian.
A third arrow, knocked by Jean flies towards Kassius. [roll3] He is not as fortunate as his companion, the head piercing his armor grievously.
"Thieves, Orc?" Asks Remmy, the half elf. "We're not the ones trying to steal an artifact off you, or the ones that took monies and betrayed trust." "Arrested!" Exclaims Jean. "Why would we want you arrested?" Taller male drops his bow, drawing a sword as Grishnik closes in after their volley of arrows. Jean and Remmy back away from the altar, drawing their bows again.
Round 2 will follow after I know if G. jumps or not. Damage to be posted on the ooc thread

da prophet
2012-12-07, 01:27 PM
[roll0] grishnik jums and...

Guigarci
2012-12-07, 05:40 PM
Grishnik leaps onto the altar, swinging his great-axe down at the man. Your axe slices through the breastplate with ease. The man slumps unconcious onto the altar, blood pooling at the orc's feet. Kassius's arrow sinks into his flesh, causing him to stop moving.
From the floor a purple haze begins to rise.

Perception 15+near the tunnelWith the rising of the mist you hear the clatter of bones
"Alex!" cry out Renny and Joan. "Get away from him!" yells the half elf in eidatu at Grishnik, letting an arrow fly at the half orc. [roll0] Joan aims at Kassius and lets go of her arrow. [roll1]
With a roar another sling is loaded by Martin and flies at Grishnik's feet. RTA: [roll2] A thick cloud of black smoke rises around the altar. "Run!" yells Martin, scrambling towards the cleric.

da prophet
2012-12-07, 05:53 PM
with an heavy thud Grishnik falls to the floor uncontious blood streaming from several arrows in his body, in addition to a scar from a boar tusk tht has started bleading again. Then he remembers all that he fights for he struggles to get up to his knees watching for a moment before deciding whom to attack
i am last in initiative so i am waiting, just wanted to do some narrative:smallbiggrin:

Eshkigal
2012-12-08, 04:13 PM
"What do you expect to happen when you give people coins from graves?"
Karak fires a bolt after the retreating foes.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Guigarci
2012-12-08, 04:44 PM
"It is not as if the dead need or miss their coins, with the beig dead for centuries and all" says Martin as he tries to shake the priest out of the trance.

Karak:Seeing the mist you remember a nursery rhyme you've heard often:
Through the graves a purple mist
Light the fires, call a priest
From the graves a purple cloud
Call the weaver to make you a shroud

Eshkigal
2012-12-10, 04:15 PM
"Ah...It doesn't seem to agree. And it looks angry."
He pauses.
"I don't suppose anyone's part of a clergy, are they? Because we might need one..."
He's staring at the mists, eyes getting wider.

Machuchang
2012-12-12, 10:09 PM
Seeing the man with the sling, Faren made a dash across the chamber, intent on preventing him from releasing a shot.

If in range, charge.

Attack: [roll0]
Crit Confirm: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]
Crit Damage: [roll3]

Guigarci
2012-12-13, 04:11 AM
Faren swings his staff, landing it powerfully on the warrior's back. The blow staggers Martin as he manages to shake the cleric out of his trance.

da prophet
2012-12-13, 05:04 AM
Seing that faren did not manage to knock Martin out Grishnik yells charging into Martin to do what Faren did not manage.
[roll0][roll1] + 8 to hit +5 to damage.

da prophet
2012-12-13, 05:05 AM
1d12 1d12
ouch poor martin

Guigarci
2012-12-13, 05:51 AM
your rolls didn't quite work out. You edited them... the +5 to damage though... roll again in the OOC board to see how badly G cleaves the guy

3 & [roll0] I also notice there was no critical threat roll. It's aaight, dead regardless

The axe sinks deep into the mercenary's back, spraying Grishnik with blood as it lodges itself in bone, killing Martin immediately. The cleric's face goes white as he looks upon this. He stumbles backwards into the wall, wide-eyed mumbling incomprehensively.
Grishnik feels a tug on the haft of your weapon as the dead body of Martin lurches forward.
The mist around your feet feels cold and redolent with power. It blankets the aasimar's body with a violet haze.


Grishnik Opposed Str Check vs 16
Kassius: You can take either a move or a standard during your turn, still losing HP until you stabilize, standard actions will cause you to lose an additional HP

da prophet
2012-12-13, 06:39 AM
[roll0] [roll1] ok try again then..
sorry, did not see that you wanted it ooc, sorry:smallredface:

Guigarci
2012-12-17, 05:41 PM
The corpse shambles away, pulling the axe out of Grishnik's hand as it lurches towards the terrified cleric.
The sound of shambling skeletons is clearly audible now, punctuated by the occasional sound of the clatter of bones collapsing into a heap.

Cuaqchi
2012-12-17, 11:17 PM
Sliding to a sitting position on the nearest rock Kassius begin chanting in the druidic tongue, digging his fingers into the ground to draw the strength of earth into himself and his comrades.

Using Spon. Rejuv. so myself and all allies within 15ft get Fast Healing 1 for 3 Turns.

Machuchang
2012-12-19, 01:21 PM
The hair on Faren's neck shot straight up as Martin's corpse began to move on its own. Without thinking, Faren rammed his staff into the undead abomination, before choosing to move toward the mysterious figure in the back.

Attack: [roll0]

After attack, move around Martin to get within charging range of the praying man.

Guigarci
2012-12-19, 04:01 PM
The staff cracks the revenant's skull, bringing it down. The priest lets out an audible sigh of relief. "Thank you"
He says.

Eshkigal
2012-12-19, 08:06 PM
Karak looks around, before biting his lip. If he didn't do this, he might not get a chance to hide this later.
"We're not out of this yet!"
He tosses his hood back, drawing a circle in the dust on the ground with his hands. Please be far enough out to do this...As he finishes the circle, he shouts out.
"Buer, Grandmother Huntress! I am Karak of the Red Scales, and I call upon you for your aid in this time of need, please come to us!"
[roll0]-normal DC to summon and deal with Buer is 20

Guigarci
2012-12-21, 06:08 PM
The air around the kobold glows green as he finishes his incantation, a five armed star flickers into existence, tracing the path of the inscribed sigil. IT CALLS TO ME FOR AIDroars the star inside your head. There is a wrongness to the manifestation it is fainter and the voice more masculine and less comforting than the forbidden texts had led you to believe it would be.IT IS WEAK, SCARED. WHAT GIFTS DOES IT OFFER, WHAT GIFTS DOES IT ASK?

Eshkigal
2012-12-30, 10:50 AM
(Guess there were no objections.)
"Offerings to be put in your circle after this, to take with you to the realm of nonexistence. Things to read, to eat, to EXPERIENCE. To find a way for you to experience things again. The things many effigies desire, but few ever get. In exchange, I request your healing powers, the ability to heal my...well, coworkers, honestly, and to keep myself and them safe from that which lurks in the purple mists."

da prophet
2013-01-01, 12:32 PM
grishnik is angry and makes ready to shout at the small man thing.
soo, is this dead?

Guigarci
2013-01-01, 01:40 PM
ITS EXPERIENCE. Retorts the vestige, its voice brooking no compromise. A bright sickly green light floods the catacombs for a moment. Karak stumbles, unsure in his new cloven feet. The kobold's head feels sore, a throbbing ache where Amon's horns had once been. Karak's memory of the past few moments is hazy, he summoned the grandmother, but the specifics of the pact are like a half remembered dream.

The corpse lies there, dead, broken and still, Grishnik's axe still embedded in its back, but no longer stuck in place.

There is little time to relax as the corpse of the mercenaries' leader, twitches on the stone table where it died.

da prophet
2013-01-14, 11:15 AM
any rational being would have said honour may wait andthen run at this moment but again halforcks shows that they have serious problems with judgement as he charges into the captain wawing his axe [roll0] +8

da prophet
2013-01-14, 11:17 AM
[roll0] +5 damage sorry i frgot two rolls in dnd

Guigarci
2013-01-14, 11:39 PM
Grishnik successfully decapitates the revenant before it rises. The skritching and clatter of skeletons comes at you down the tunnel, but, for the moment, all the threats have been taken care of.

In the far corner of the cavern is a visibly distraught cleric, his face bleached of color from fright. The camp-fire is burning low as the mist leeches the heat away from it.

Cuaqchi
2013-01-16, 07:26 AM
Leaning against the rock that he had dragged himself to Kassius took a moment to breathe, trying to get the feeling back in his extremities after blood loss associated with the arrow he took at the start of the combat.

da prophet
2013-01-16, 10:03 AM
Grishnik, still with his axe in his hands walks angrily over to the reaining rogues and ask them now, why did you steal those coins, answer before i chop your head of and feed it to the hedgehogs.

Guigarci
2013-01-19, 05:49 AM
The priest stares at the Orc, perplexed. "What coin..." He begins, his mind suddenly clicking. "You're the couriers that sold us out!" He exclaims

Eshkigal
2013-01-19, 10:30 AM
"Because you gave us coins that, combined with him spilling blood on that altar, have things angry. Which is why you had a corpse go after you, I think. Also could've gotten holy men breathing down our necks, and that's never good. Still don't get why you all feel burial is so important, though."
He clops over to the relative safety of numbers, adjusting for balance. Any of the people he'd been traveling with that are downed get a surge of healing energy.

da prophet
2013-01-20, 12:34 PM
spare your accusations or someone that cares! you took those coins, so we will punish you and give back the coins to the dead.

Guigarci
2013-01-21, 12:34 AM
"I am a holy man you lunatics!" the cleric yells, pulling out a holy symbol from his robes. The priest seems incensed by Grishnik's threats, shaken out from the fear of the undead. Karak's comment has the cleric turn to face him flabbergasted. "To prevent this sort of thing! To give friends burial honors. And now you've killed my friends; I hope that whatever the harridan is paying you is worth it." He spits at the ground.

Behind you, you hear the clattering of undead coming closer.

Wisdom checks.