PDA

View Full Version : AD&D1: Against the Cult of the Reptile God IC

hayabusa
2012-10-21, 02:55 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/Sunclan/Gran_March.jpg

The road to Orlane at the moment is lonely, the only vestiges of sentient life that you have been able to see have been the occasional prosperous farms. They, however, have been very few and far between over the last day. You have all met and decided to travel together after hearing one thing: the town of Orlane is slowly and surely dying and no one quite knows why. There have been numerous rumors about the town, some grounded well in reality and others so off the wall even the most experienced of adventurers have dismissed them outright. The ones that have gained the most ground inside of your party however, have been the ones stating that the well water throughout the village has been poisoned with a powerful drug and that the good citizens of the town are being altered and replaced with changelings that can be identified through the fang marks upon their throats.

Having set out from Hochoch nearly four days days ago, the midday sun tells you that you should arrive at your location within the next hour or so.

Mordae
2012-10-21, 10:53 PM
Mick had his doubts about the whole changeling theory. For one thing, it was bad for business--what profit could there be in drying up the market? In his experience, bad guys usually only hatched plots where there was money to be made. Regardless, though, he was going to make some money himself here, maybe even enough to skip off to the Shield Coast and evade the heat yet again.

"Hey now, I think first off we need to establish a good base of operations and gather some info on the townsfolk. Rumor's damn near worse than assumptions, and you all know what happens when you make an assumption: It makes an ass out of you and mption." The young rogue laughs at his little joke, though in truth it is no better than any of the off-color remarks he's been making along the extended journey.

ybn1197
2012-10-22, 11:40 AM
Baelanon shook his head at Mick's attempt at humor. The stoic elf said nothing for concern that Mick would only reply with another off-color comment. Knowing the art of fighting and spell-casting took concentration and patience, two traits the elf felt that the human knew nothing of. "I agree," Baelanon announced. "I think having a place to work from outside of the village will assistance in our efforts to separate the truth from the fiction in regards to what is transpiring in the village. Iain, perhaps you could find us a quiet unobservable place to make camp?"

DarkSetzer
2012-10-22, 11:14 PM
Iain couldn't help but chuckle at the poor attempt at humor, despite the seriousness of the situation. Laughter is the worlds best medicine after all.

He nodded in response Baelanon, "Yes, that shouldn't be a problem at all. Perhaps the local fauna can point us to a suitable location...Assuming one would be so kind as to make itself known," Which is the tricky part, But I should be able to manage otherwise, given time."

I suppose this would be a good time to note which spells Iain has made available to himself for the day: Speak with Animal, and Pass Without Trace

hayabusa
2012-10-23, 12:19 PM
Iain couldn't help but chuckle at the poor attempt at humor, despite the seriousness of the situation. Laughter is the worlds best medicine after all.

He nodded in response Baelanon, "Yes, that shouldn't be a problem at all. Perhaps the local fauna can point us to a suitable location...Assuming one would be so kind as to make itself known," Which is the tricky part, "But I should be able to manage otherwise, given time."

I suppose this would be a good time to note which spells Iain has made available to himself for the day: Speak with Animal, and Pass Without Trace

You're in luck, for just a few minutes after speaking up, you're able to see a doe and a few of her fawns about 500 feet off of the small road.

Mordae
2012-10-24, 07:10 AM
As Iain works his charm with the wildlife, Mick leans over to Baelanon with a conspiratorial whisper. "Let's just hope there's no objections when his informants end up on the menu, eh?"

DarkSetzer
2012-10-24, 08:13 PM
Iain approaches the doe slowly, calm and steady, as he weaves his magic. ((Casting Speak with Animals)).

"Be calm, my friend friend. We won't hurt you, we seek your help. Something is not right here, and we wish to help fix it, but first we need a safe place to rest and call home, can you show us such a place?"

hayabusa
2012-10-24, 11:20 PM
OOC: I'm sorry, but you left yourself wide open on this one...

The deer seems to understand Iain's words and then begins to bound off into the distance, followed closely by her young. It takes a few minutes until she reaches a tramped down clearing in the tall grass. Laying down on the grass, the deer looks up at the group and waits for them to do something.

ybn1197
2012-10-25, 07:25 AM
Baelanon looks from the doe and her fawn to Iain. "Well, I do believe she has invited us to HER home. Not quite what I had in mind. But if this is suitable for her and her young, then the area itself should be safe enough for our purposes. I suggest we strike out from her and find ourselves our own clearing."

Mordae
2012-10-26, 02:00 PM
Mick shrugs. "I suppose. Lead the way, nature-loving friend. Maybe the next clearing will have beer!"

Mordae
2012-10-26, 02:11 PM
Mick shrugs. "I suppose. Lead the way, nature-loving friend. Maybe the next clearing will have beer!"

DarkSetzer
2012-10-27, 02:51 PM
Iain signs, "Right... It shouldn't be too hard to find something nearby," He glanced at the deer and smiled, "Not quite what I had in mind, but it will do. Thank you."

Iain made his way off into the grass, searching for a place for the group to stay.

hayabusa
2012-10-28, 04:04 PM
Iain signs, "Right... It shouldn't be too hard to find something nearby," He glanced at the deer and smiled, "Not quite what I had in mind, but it will do. Thank you."

Iain made his way off into the grass, searching for a place for the group to stay.

Roll me a D100 and subtract 10 from it for being a Druid.

DarkSetzer
2012-10-28, 05:03 PM
Alrighty, here goes nothin'.
[roll0]

Edit: ...I would roll a 1.

hayabusa
2012-10-28, 10:39 PM
Alrighty, here goes nothin'.
[roll0]

Edit: ...I would roll a 1.

Oh, wow.

With that roll you're able to find a nice clearing about half a mile away from the deer's "home" quite easily. It even comes fully stocked with a small spring located about five minutes away and a berry bush very close by.

Mordae
2012-10-31, 12:00 PM
Mick trails along somewhat grumpily behind the druid. As much as recon was his idea, his usual methods involved sneaking around without being seen and finding an attic or unused hay loft to bed down for the night. Camping out off the road certainly does not appeal to his "civilized" side.

He is pleasantly surprised when Iain finds the pleasant little sheltered area that, in addition to being somewhat secluded, promises a fair chance at staying dry for the night. "Now this is more like it," he says, as he looks for the best place to dig a fire pit and pitch his bedroll.

hayabusa
2012-11-01, 09:37 PM
All right, you begin to bed down for the night. What's the night watch schedule going to look like, if there is one?

hayabusa
2012-11-04, 10:24 PM
The night continues on with little sounds save for the chirps and humming of insects in the night. Then even that stops and a new sound replaces it: the sound of small feet marching through the tall grass. The person sitting at watch begins to catch a snippet of a conversation in a language that is not his own. There are two distinct voices and one seems like he's arguing with the other.

ybn1197
2012-11-05, 06:49 PM
Which watch segment does this occur on?

hayabusa
2012-11-05, 07:34 PM
*rolls dice on desk*

Iain's.