PDA

View Full Version : [4E] RB DND Campaign, Thread Six



Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

LaZodiac
2012-10-21, 07:45 PM
And thus begins thread six.

Thread 1: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=200295
Thread 2: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=216389
Thread 3: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229171
Thread 4: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=239680
Thread 5: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=14088810#post14088810

When we last left off...well, click the link, but suffice to say we had a nice character moment.

I'll hold off on saying how the morning goes, atleast for now, untill Teddy gets a chance to post wheter or not he tries to stay up late for Adalhard's arrival.

MoonCat
2012-10-21, 11:20 PM
Juniper reciprocates? Wow.

Anyway, Bast does a few things before going to sleep.

Firstly, swaying a good deal, she takes out one of her cures and stares at it for a while, she proceeds to tie to Teodor's hand with some string. Tell me if I have to roll something for that.

Then she writes a note, which she attaches to it. It is in Primordial.

Written, assume regular drunken errors are in it, as I can't be bothered to write those down:

Teo, when you wake up, I want you to force this down my throat. You'll probably be up before me. If I choke, I'll be mad, but just do it anyway. If I'm not awake after that, I also want you to wake me up. Clear?

Secondly, she talks to the pseudodragon:

Yoo noctr'nl? An' no lafang 'bout my talkingness ri' now, goddit?

LaZodiac
2012-10-21, 11:24 PM
Even while drunk, Bast is deft enough to atleast succed at tying a simple not. It won't stay very easily but it gets the job done.

The pseudodragon seems to chuckle a moment, then lets out a chitter

Bast: "Although I am nocturnal to some degree, I've grown accustomed to sleeping at a sensible time. And worry not, I've seen worse. My last compatriot was a wizard."

MoonCat
2012-10-21, 11:28 PM
Oooo, Yah, I se h'w thamight be a probelem. Well, thass too bad, butI can deal. When'll you weggup?

LaZodiac
2012-10-21, 11:37 PM
Oooo, Yah, I se h'w thamight be a probelem. Well, thass too bad, butI can deal. When'll you weggup?

The pseudodragon chirps at Bast, seemingly excited.

Bast: "Likely after you, actually. I've been inspecting your blades, and though they are strong I find they could be a bit...stronger. I've picked up many...talents, one could say. I shall work on your swords, make them stronger. More shall die at thy hands"

MoonCat
2012-10-21, 11:52 PM
Thassownds wasem. I'd lovat. Bu' firrs... I thin kiy needa nabp...

Bast passes out on the bed.

Teddy
2012-10-22, 01:51 AM
While waiting, Elden takes out his book and his writing utensils. On the page on the gloom daisy, he studies the flower, sighs loudly and proceed to append the following word to the title (in elven):
Inferior

He'll then write down everything he knows about the five different flowers in the book (I haven't got time to actually spell out what he writes).

When three hours have passed, he'll go into the house, take a piece of charcoal from the fireplace, exit the house again, and walk over to a window to some common area. With the piece of charcoal, he'll write a message in Elven for Adalhard on the glass, leaving letters of glowing embers:
You were late, so I had to go to bed. Don't bother with the door, I locked it, enter through this window instead. I had Felix set aside a room for the two of you.
Following is a set of instructions on how to get to the room.

/Elden

Then he'll go to bed. The letters should be non-damaging to the glass and hopefully last for most of the night

LaZodiac
2012-10-22, 02:00 AM
Although I can think of numerous reasons as to why it would be a bad idea to instruct him to break in through the window, I'm not going to stop you since it is hilarious.

And with that done, night passes and everyone goes to sleep. You regain all your used powers and healing surges and hp and go back to one action point
----------------------------

Adalhard: You finish trancing, and find that Ilya is in a state of half trance, half sleep, but you're confident that you can wake her up now.
----------------------------

Note: Everything in this section, after Adalhard's, is two hours after Adalhard's due to time shinanigans.

Carric: Although you felt totally fine before bed, and after waking up feel completely fine, your sleep is plagued by a rather bad nightmare. At first it starts like the last time you drunk wine. Moon blinking into a wolf eye, the howl, claws rending the moon.

This time however you see a non destroyed wine bottle, sitting atop a long table, infront of you. Then you hear the distinct twang of an arrow, and the bottle explodes. You hear it thunk, not into wood or ground as you, for some reason, expect, but instead into flesh. You hear a scream and see blood drip down the table mixed with red wine. Then you wake up.

Bast: You awake to Teodor reading a book next to you, an empty bottle of Adalhard's syringa in your mouth. You feel a touch of somber sadness, but nothing massive.

Juniper: You wake up before Felix. Just saying.

Elden: Nothing special just didn't wanna leave you out :smalltongue:

araveugnitsuga
2012-10-22, 02:26 AM
Adalhard takes a vial of the Syringa and infuses it with all of the leftover Arcane Energies he had from the day before, he let's the mist that surrounds him condensate inside and slightly pudinify the solution. He cuts a small line on his left hand with Schandenfreude and lets his blood flow slightly into it.

Without waking up Ilya he carries her from the waist and sits her on his shoulders while she half rests.

If they are awake he thanks the Clerics/Revenants of the Raven Queen, otherwise he leaves a small note with an Ice Lilac thanking them for everything.

Once outside he draws on the walls with a layer of ice. Images of lilacs and the mark of Schnefeldstil weaved throughout the stems and vines of ice as the drawing, at times it tridimensionalises and comes out to a frozen flower or a hand holding a lilac.

When Ilya wakes he'll greet her while smiling with a soft:

"My sweet lilac, I hope your new faculties are as adequate as the sleep of those who do not bear the blood of the fey. Drink this, I hope my blood is not to sweet nor cold for your taste or we'd be in dire need of a talk."

Adalhard hands her the vial of Syringa and keeps walking with her as the ice sculpts on the walls and the mists dashes around Adalhard and Ilya.

He looks for a tailor, if only for a changing room.

"My dear deer of winter, two days remain, it is time for us to don the proper attire of those in remembrance, a colour of joy for those who have already gone beyond the waters of life for their spirit is eventual in its meeting with the Platinum Dragon. The white dress we acquired yesterday is yours to stylish, I shall myself keep my appearance to what is proscribed as well."

After properly outfitting himself and Ilya, Adalhard will walk with Ilya by the hand (on consideration of her wearing a dress now) unto a bakery where he'll acquire a basket of bread with a serving of necessary breakfast requirements. On the way he'll explain to Ilya on the basic procedure of the flow and control of ice and produce an ice lilac from the mist surrounding him and place it on her hair.

"As long as our blood runs through our veins, this is the ice that shan't melt.

If they ask, we shall only tell them we remained late at the Cathedral and for prudence remained there."

He gives the basket to Ilya for her to hold.

"Almacia is ours, it tinges to the magic in you, if you ever feel the need of freeing the energy already welled inside you, doubt not in calling for it so that you may channel a frozen infinity on that which threatens you. The drake is a beast of evil, guard well your mind against it."

As they approach Felix house Adalhard will try to detect any arcane disturbances nearby or anything suspicious.
[roll0]
[roll1]

LaZodiac
2012-10-22, 02:36 AM
Adalhard takes a vial of the Syringa and infuses it with all of the leftover Arcane Energies he had from the day before, he let's the mist that surrounds him condensate inside and slightly pudinify the solution. He cuts a small line on his left hand with Schandenfreude and lets his blood flow slightly into it.

Without waking up Ilya he carries her from the waist and sits her on his shoulders while she half rests.

If they are awake he thanks the Clerics/Revenants of the Raven Queen, otherwise he leaves a small note with an Ice Lilac thanking them for everything.

Once outside he draws on the walls with a layer of ice. Images of lilacs and the mark of Schnefeldstil weaved throughout the stems and vines of ice as the drawing, at times it tridimensionalises and comes out to a frozen flower or a hand holding a lilac.

When Ilya wakes he'll greet her while smiling with a soft:

"My sweet lilac, I hope your new faculties are as adequate as the sleep of those who do not bear the blood of the fey. Drink this, I hope my blood is not to sweet nor cold for your taste or we'd be in dire need of a talk."

Adalhard hands her the vial of Syringa and keeps walking with her as the ice sculpts on the walls and the mists dashes around Adalhard and Ilya.

He looks for a tailor, if only for a changing room.

"My dear deer of winter, two days remain, it is time for us to don the proper attire of those in remembrance, a colour of joy for those who have already gone beyond the waters of life for their spirit is eventual in its meeting with the Platinum Dragon. The white dress we acquired yesterday is yours to stylish, I shall myself keep my appearance to what is proscribed as well."

After properly outfitting himself and Ilya, Adalhard will walk with Ilya by the hand (on consideration of her wearing a dress now) unto a bakery where he'll acquire a basket of bread with a serving of necessary breakfast requirements. On the way he'll explain to Ilya on the basic procedure of the flow and control of ice and produce an ice lilac from the mist surrounding him and place it on her hair.

"As long as our blood runs through our veins, this is the ice that shan't melt.

If they ask, we shall only tell them we remained late at the Cathedral and for prudence remained there."

He gives the basket to Ilya for her to hold.

"Almacia is ours, it tinges to the magic in you, if you ever feel the need of freeing the energy already welled inside you, doubt not in calling for it so that you may channel a frozen infinity on that which threatens you. The drake is a beast of evil, guard well your mind against it."

As they approach Felix house Adalhard will try to detect any arcane disturbances nearby or anything suspicious.
[roll0]
[roll1]


Adalhard: The clerics of the Raven Queen thank you, for one.

When Ilya awakes she takes the vial and drinks it, saying "T-thank you. I'm feeling much better now."

She listens with intent to your lessons, and (with some minor fuss) lets you dress her up all fancy.

Finally, you don't see or feel anything suspicious, but you DO see Elden's writing. You're also pretty sure that by now the party is probably waking up by this point.

araveugnitsuga
2012-10-22, 02:43 AM
Adalhard let's the writings on his body flow freely until they cover Ilya, the runic circles unmaking into lines that reform into a single drawing which encapsulates both.

Adalhard whispers to Ilya in Elven:
"Now, we move along the flow of the Feywild, atop the very lines once wrought through existence itself, we make the universe bend space to our will, we cross through every single point in existence until we arrive at that which we need.

We Fey Step."


He Fey Steps alongside her inside and sets the table nicely for breakfast, and on an empty glass he produces a set of frozen flowers which he places as a centrepiece.

If no one is yet awake he'll clean whatever is left from the night before with Ilya's help.

LaZodiac
2012-10-22, 02:50 AM
bufferbuffer

Adalhard: There isn't much to clean, but I'm sure Felix will appreciate it. No one is up yet, though, so I guess we wait.

And that's it for Adalhard for now~

Teddy
2012-10-22, 02:48 PM
Although I can think of numerous reasons as to why it would be a bad idea to instruct him to break in through the window, I'm not going to stop you since it is hilarious.

He's an Eladrin. He can teleport. Windows, per definition, do not block line of sight. 2+2.

:smallwink:

LaZodiac
2012-10-22, 02:49 PM
He's an Eladrin. He can teleport. Windows, per definition, do not block line of sight. 2+2.

:smallwink:

Well yes :smallwink::smallredface:

MoonCat
2012-10-22, 05:05 PM
In the room:

Bast groans.

Hi Teo. Varus, I'm glad I get to skip today's litte round of crazy. I think that would've...

Bast trials off as a full-blown hangover hits her in the face, as well as a memories of last night.

Bast sticks her head under the pillow and wraps an arm around Teodor.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuck.

LaZodiac
2012-10-22, 05:14 PM
In the room:

Bast groans.

Hi Teo. Varus, I'm glad I get to skip today's litte round of crazy. I think that would've...

Bast trials off as a full-blown hangover hits her in the face, as well as a memories of last night.

Bast sticks her head under the pillow and wraps an arm around Teodor.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Bast: What's Varus? Just curious :smalltongue:

Anyway, Teodor will chuckle a bit "Had a bit too much to drink, did you? What happened this time?"

MoonCat
2012-10-22, 05:57 PM
Primordial swearword, close to 'Jesus' in a society that has a Christian impact on people. No actual religious connotations.

Mmgnf. Lost all ability to talk.

An' I lost the contest.

LaZodiac
2012-10-22, 05:59 PM
Primordial swearword, close to 'Jesus' in a society that has a Christian impact on people. No actual religious connotations.

Mmgnf. Lost all ability to talk.

An' I lost the contest.

Bast: "Don't worry about it. It was close. And atleast you didn't look as bad as me"

Blue Ghost
2012-10-22, 09:05 PM
Juniper, waking before Felix, dresses, and then draws Sonatina. Gently twirling the sword, he produces a soft, cheerful violin melody.

See the sunlight's early ray
Kiss the morning dew
Night's dark curtain pulls away
From the skies of blue
See the dawn of a bright new day
Hope springs forth anew
By this light I'll find the way
Yes, I will find you.

As he sings, a soft ray of light shines down from the window like a gentle sunbeam upon Felix's sleeping form.

LaZodiac
2012-10-22, 09:11 PM
Shortly after Juniper finishs his song, Felix wakes up. She smiles at Juniper "Thank you. That was a nice song. Where did you learn it?" she asks.
--------------------

Everyone in the house, you hear the faint sound of music. Since you're all except maybe Elden awake by now, it's quite interesting.

Blue Ghost
2012-10-22, 09:16 PM
My mother taught it to me, when I was younger. It's a traditional elven song. Juniper smiles. Come, Felix. The others should be waking soon.

LaZodiac
2012-10-22, 09:23 PM
"Yha, lets go" Felix smiles back. She gets dressed as well, and I presume Juniper and Felix head down stairs.
---------------------

Downstairs, in the dining room, they see an interesting site. What was left of last night's dinner has been cleaned up, and in it's place is a beautiful breakfast spread of bread and butter. In the middle is an empty glass with a frozen flower shaped ice sculpture inside. Sitting at the table is Adalhard and Ilya, who are dressed quite differently then normal.

Adalhard wears a button through, white, double breasted tailcoat with a grey edging to it. The neck folded softly and going around as if he was wearing a cape.

A cravat is held in place by a brooch with the shape of a raven of silverish glow and a translucent diamond in the centre; it opens symmetrically, at first into two wide strokes and then progressively upon pleats which shorten in width towards the centre.

His cuffs are also lined with a grey edging and end upon silken white gloves with a metallic backing to it, with two small feathery wings rising from the inside.

He is completely clad in spotless white, his hair of the same colour as his clothing, his right eye covered by a black cloth eyepatch lined with a symbol reassembling an S and encircled by arcane writings which match the lilac markings on his face. This alongside the blue markings on his left side are the only colour in his whole self excepting his cold green eye.

By comparison Ilya's attire is equally coloured and formal but seems more loose. It comprises of a white blouse underneath a princess sleeved light grey polonaise. Her lighter grey overskirt is underneath the polonaise and opens like 5 petals around except at the front where laces close it with glimpses of a proper white underskirt which is only visible as it opens all around on the floor. It is marked with a letter identical to Adalhard's marking on his eyepatch on the centre of each of the openings of the overskirt and embroided in silver.

Her cuffs escape the polonaise and reveal the blouse ends in three layers of rolled pleats. Beyond this point delicate white silken gloves start with small feathered wings start and end on her right hand on a golden ring with an engraved lilac amethyst which bears the before mentioned symbol.

Ranger Mattos
2012-10-22, 09:30 PM
Carric, having woken up slightly before Juniper's song, heads up to the dining room. He holds his hand to his forehead and closes his eyes, not as though he has a headache, but as though trying to remember something.

"I had this really weird dream last night." Upon seeing Adalhard and Ilya, he says, "Wow, Adalhard. You look... different."

araveugnitsuga
2012-10-22, 09:40 PM
"The northern custom is to don an outfit as white as the snow under which a loved one lies when approaching the date of the passing. As much as I loath civilian clothing I can survive in it for the two remaining days.

What was your dream about?"

Ranger Mattos
2012-10-22, 09:53 PM
"Well it was similar to the vision of sorts I saw the last time I drank that wine: the moon transformed into the eye of a wolf, and then I heard a howl, and the moon-eye was shredded by claws. But then I saw a bottle of wine, sitting on a table, and I hear an arrow being shot. The bottle explodes, and then there was a scream and blood and wine was dripping down the table," Carric explains.

"Whose passing are you remembering?"

LaZodiac
2012-10-22, 10:07 PM
I should note, it's around the time Carric gave the information about his dream that Juniper and Felix come down. And there is materials for both tea AND coffee, lucky you.

araveugnitsuga
2012-10-22, 10:08 PM
"My wife's, in two days it shall be 20 years from the moment I held her bleeding in my arms and her soul went to Bahamut's grace."

Adalhard briefly looks down and pauses.

"Do you know if any of the symbols in it mean something? The only thing coming to mind is it being a hint towards your besting of The Wolf in combat, not fighting him with swords but to an archery contest, but it seems far-fetched. Perhaps to get him severely drunk before challenging him, or doing so at night?

The other option would be a past episode, perhaps it involves one of your past life's co-lieutenants... do you by any chance remember The Rhino's weapons of choice?."

Adalhard stands up and looks for a teapot.

"Oh, I forgot, would you rather have tea, or coffee?"
______________
History Check to recall any myth regarding the elements of Carric's dream.

[roll0]

Ranger Mattos
2012-10-22, 10:10 PM
"I'm sorry to hear about your wife," Carric says, then pauses.

"The Rhino's weapon of choice was a warhammer, not a bow, if that's what you were thinking of," Carric replies, "I would prefer tea, thank you."

LaZodiac
2012-10-22, 10:14 PM
______________
History Check to recall any myth regarding the elements of Carric's dream.

[roll0]

As said, you can find both a teapot and a coffee pot.

As for your roll...

Adalhard: You're not sure what it could be. As of right now, what comes to mind in regards to normal dreamology, is that you'd assume the moon, turning into an eye of the wolf, is meant to show one's true, inner self. The claw slashing it away would be symbolic of yourself destroying it. Essentialy, refusing to be who you are. The wine bottle represents something Carric likes, assuming he likes wine. The arrow destroying it is another variant of the said claws, though in this case meant to represent that it is someone else destroying it.

However, since Carric's a unique case, you're not sure this is 100% correct for him

araveugnitsuga
2012-10-22, 10:27 PM
Adalhard makes a cup of tea for Carric.

"That leaves us with either mythology or oneirology. In terms of myths, those symbols aren't really coherent together, unless they refer to myths outside of elven lore which I am ignorant off. The wolf being the Lone Star, which is... Theolon in elven, and, the bottle breaking being, at least for us in the northern reaches of the Feywild, a bad omen; we try to keep the bottles intact as reminders of those with whom it was spent, you only destroy it when you wish for those memories to perish.

In terms of oneirology it may be the destruction of the previous self, the ripping of The Wolf into you. Perhaps the destruction of the wine bottle being related to enological episodes is meant to be the destruction of such pleasure by someone else.

But this is all ramblings, so most of it is just probably me over-thinking it."

Adalhard serves Carric the cup with a plate and sits.

"Thanks, funny thing is, our anniversary would have been tomorrow."

Adalhard smiles.

LaZodiac
2012-10-22, 10:32 PM
Ilya tugs at Adalhard's sleeve for a moment and says in Elven "I would like some tea, please. And maybe, when the...non elves are here, I can speak in common as well? I would l-like to practice, so I don't get rusty"

araveugnitsuga
2012-10-22, 10:50 PM
Adalhard brings the teapot over a dish to the table and pours Ilya some tea and adds some milk to it.

He pats her on the head and sighs.

In Elven:
"If you are careful..."

He then looks at Felix and Juniper's arriving.

"Sorry for making such a set up, I may have arrived slightly early... or rather late and wanted to surprise you.

Would you rather have tea or coffee?"

LaZodiac
2012-10-22, 10:54 PM
Ilya nods, and sips of her tea.

Felix says "No, no, it's ok. I was going to make us all some breakfast myself, but thanks. I'd like some coffee, myself" Felix says, sitting down and pulling the seat next to her out for Juniper. In a lower voice, she'll say "..and..I'm sorry. You know, for..your loss."

Blue Ghost
2012-10-23, 12:35 AM
I'd like tea please, Adalhard. Thank you for your service. But why didn't you tell us where you were going last night?

araveugnitsuga
2012-10-23, 01:02 AM
Adalhard goes to prepare coffee

"It's the least I could do as the late-coming guest. And thanks."

He brings a cup to Felix and an empty one for Juniper as well as two others with respective saucers.

As he serves Juniper tea.

"You are welcomed. I did mention I was going for some mundane purchases along with Ilya and visiting some shrines to which I was due."

He sits.

"And, as I suspected, time was too short and when we reached the Cathedral I couldn't bear the thought of roaming the streets back at such hours with my daughter so we stayed praying in the Cathedral throughout the night as I said I'd do if I wasn't here by midnight."

He takes a sip of tea.

"Whilst I can wear the same clothing for extended periods of time, if only because military outfit is designed for such, making her do so would be considered child abuse. I also got her her first staff, if only for her to get used to the feel of it and the channeling of energy. Not much else except perhaps getting myself something to cover my eye instead of the scarf I use and producing further batches of Syringa for her at the Cathedral."

Blue Ghost
2012-10-23, 01:17 AM
Juniper sits beside Felix and sips the tea, nodding at Adalhard. May I ask, who is Ilya? You did not have her with you when we entered the Shadowfell. How did you come by her?

MoonCat
2012-10-23, 01:24 AM
Bast stumps downstairs, pausing only to stare at the set up and mumble What the fu- before helping herself to some food.

LaZodiac
2012-10-23, 01:26 AM
Teodor soon follows afterward. He lets out a small whistle "Well, looks like someone's been busy. What's with the eyepatch?" he says, before sitting next to Bast.

araveugnitsuga
2012-10-23, 01:49 AM
"I'd much rather wait for Elden to be awake so that I may explain all at once."

As Bast and Teodor enter.

"Good morning Teodor, Miss. Halfcrescent."

He looks at Teodor.

"I DO have 2 hours more of activity than you. And it's mainly to cover the abomination that my right eye has become and to prevent further bleeding from it."

LaZodiac
2012-10-23, 01:52 AM
Teodor nods in acknowledgement of Adalhard's words, and asks for coffee.

Teddy
2012-10-23, 01:09 PM
Elden will sleep for unreasonably long, because I'm unreasonably tired and have to study for tomorrow's exam as well. Sorry about the delay.

LaZodiac
2012-10-23, 01:14 PM
It's ok Teddy. Elden stayed up unreasoniably late, so it's only a given.

Unless anyone is going to say anything else during breakfast, we can time skip to when Elden wakes up.

araveugnitsuga
2012-10-25, 12:27 AM
What could happen to Carric if The Wolf died.
[roll0]

LaZodiac
2012-10-25, 12:29 AM
Bufferbufferbuffer

Adalhard: You're unsure, since this isn't a thing you know MUCH about. You'd assume that since this split is un natural, if The Wolf died, Carric might absorb the rest of his soul, as it where. Just a guess, though.

Teddy
2012-10-25, 09:48 AM
After an hour or two, Elden enters the room. He isn't looking all too awake.

Good morning, everyone. I see you got my message, Adalhard.

He makes a faint smile, and goes to sit down by the table. He serves himself a large cup of tea and pours a large spoonfull of honey (or sugar, if there is no honey) into it. Supporting his head in his left hand, he absentmindedly mixes the honey (or sugar) into the brew with his right index finger. Soon, the tea starts to boil in the cup, upon which he'll pull back his finger, rub it off on a napkin, take the cup and down it all in one go.

He then pours up another cup and put another spoonfull of honey (or sugar) in it, this time letting the spoon remain in the cup, whereafter he leans back studies Adalhard, looking slightly more awake as the heat jumpstarts his system.

So, what's the occation?

LaZodiac
2012-10-25, 09:50 AM
It'd be honey.

araveugnitsuga
2012-10-25, 02:32 PM
Before Elden sits down.

"Good morning; that I did if only slightly late."

Afterwards Adalhard answers.

"Breakfast."

LaZodiac
2012-10-25, 02:39 PM
Ilya puts down her tea cup and simply says "Mom's death"

Bast: Although you have taken the syringa and thus are not feeling the full effects, it does sort of tug at your heartstrings a bit.

Teddy
2012-10-25, 02:52 PM
Before Elden sits down:
I could tell.

Present time:
I see...

Elden takes the spoon in his tea and swirls it gently through the tea.

LaZodiac
2012-10-25, 03:05 PM
Ilya takes a deep breath. "Does..everyone l-like the bread? I helped pick it out"

araveugnitsuga
2012-10-25, 03:27 PM
Adalhard ruffles Ilya's hair and produces a small block of black tea which he promptly mixes and drinks.

MoonCat
2012-10-25, 06:07 PM
Bast smiles sadly at the girl.

It's delicious. You should be proud.

Then she winces and downs some more coffee.

LaZodiac
2012-10-25, 06:26 PM
Felix chimes in as well "Yha, you've got a great taste in bread"

In response Ilya simply smiles and nods politely.

Felix then looks around the table "So...is everyone alright? Things seem pretty tense. I..kind of have something to say, but I think it can wait"

araveugnitsuga
2012-10-25, 07:58 PM
Adalhard takes a sip before saying.

"Commander Theolon is planning a public speech; a big event in the middle of the street, probably blaming the Caissans for the plant, isn't he?"

LaZodiac
2012-10-25, 08:00 PM
Felix looks at Adalhard with some surprise "Y-yes, he is intending to throw a speech today. However...I don't know if he's going to say the Cult of Caissa caused the plant. I do know, though, that..." Felix takes a deep breath "He's going to ask you all to come on stage, so he can show the city the heroes responsible for saving it"

araveugnitsuga
2012-10-25, 08:10 PM
"He's had several attempts on his life on the last pair of days, a whole invasion against his HQ and even uninformed civilians know where and what he intends to do.

Asterion has a contingent of ranged mages, of considerable power from what we've seen. The Caissan King has just acquired a Winged Sword. Jarod is not exactly favouring the Draugen and this is going to be on the streets.

Why is he doing this?"

LaZodiac
2012-10-25, 08:21 PM
"It won't be from the streets. We have men setting up our stage right now. We've got some of our top men guarding every rooftop we can, and we'll have others hidden in the crowd. We've done this before, and everyone who's tried to cause a riot in the crowd was handled before he could do anything. Those who tried to assassinate Commander Theolon were handled more...personally. He does it as a show of force. Showing the populace that Draugen are strong. That we can fight back againest this tide of evil and save this city!" Felix answers, voice raising a bit near the end, seemingly out of pride.

araveugnitsuga
2012-10-25, 08:39 PM
"Who is second in command to Commander Theolon?"

LaZodiac
2012-10-25, 08:53 PM
"I am." Felix answers.

araveugnitsuga
2012-10-25, 08:56 PM
Adalhard takes out a piece of folded paper.

"To your hands I leave this then. I hope you can make the most of it."

Adalhard hands Felix the paper square.

Inside are the organized scribblings on a base alchemical formula. It lists several variations for the inclusion of addictive and hallucinogenic effects in terms of given components and plants. As side notes are the formulas for the Schnefeldstil Syringa and the Lacrimae Cassandrium underneath their respective titles and the listing of their effects. It has the mark of Schenefeldstil, Naryshkin and his own at the bottom next to a bad scribbling of his name.

LaZodiac
2012-10-25, 09:16 PM
Felix reads over the paper, then folds it back up and puts it into her pocket (since she's not in armor right now). She then coughs slightly "...okay then. So...Adalhard. I know that you're..in mourning, but I have to ask. Can you tell us about Ilya? You mentioned your wife, she died 20 years ago, and that's...far too long ago for Ilya to have been, well, born from her. But we uh..asked Carric last night, and he assured us she was of your blood. And..." she looks over to Juniper and Bast "I think you might go a long way towards being trusted if you told us. I'm sorry"

araveugnitsuga
2012-10-25, 11:53 PM
Adalhard adds a minuscule amount of Alchemical Frost to his tea and chucks it all in one go.

He takes a deep breath.

"It is both something very complex and something very simple I'm afraid. Her full name is Alexandra Ilyasviel Adeldóttir; she has seven years, five more until she starts having open manifestations of either of the bloods running through her.

To properly understand the situation you need to comprehend what blood means in the Seasonal Courts. Each was born from the blood a God; those whose blood was blessed by Pelor, one that actually shines and burns, remained at the lands in the south and became the Summer Court; those blessed by Sehanine and whose blood is orange and slow moving migrated to the west and became the Autumn Court; the ones who remained with Corellon instead where rewarded with green and fast moving blood, they went east into an endless spring and became the Spring Court; finally, those who worshipped the goddess of winter, the Raven Queen, where given blueish blood which froze if left unflowing, they marched north and became the Winter Court. Each of those whose blood had been changed received a name for it, with time those became the noble lineages.

With time this new blood became enmixed with the magic of the fey; the sons of summer became marked by bright golden hair and fiery powers, the sons of autumn with reddish hair and mastery of the depths of the mind, the offspring of spring with hair as brown as the land where their verdant fields grew and control over lighting, the offspring of winter with hair as white as snow and control over the aspects of their season.

This blood however has a price. It burns and consumes until the recipient is in tune with it, it takes stronger magic to make it recede and even then it is exhausting and futile. The stronger the blood the more it is obvious, it also means the greater the power behind and the greater the importance of such. Ritters have to actively try for their features to change, Barons barely get to a midway, but starting from Counts they have to fight the change, the greater the power of the blood the greater the power of the individual to keep itself unchanged; Dukes can't fathom anything but the colour their blood imposes unless they are willing to risk death due to exhaustion; no Great Count, no matter their power has been able to keep himself unchanged.

When blood mixes at birth it is a delicate event in which eventually only one remains predominant even if the child has the ability of both. This blood is extremely magical, it not only has the original magic upon the original recipient but the power of two sources, this lead to extraordinary individuals, both from different sources and from a similar origin. The magic inside is perhaps more powerful than that which the individual will be able to produce in his entire live for most cases.

Now, consider the corrupting influence of the Shadowfell, the rotting carcass of a Primordial, Düsterkeit; a being capable of creating gods. It is not only capable of corruption as it normally does but of almost literally everything. From records it is possible to believe it could eventually acquire sentience due to the sheer amount of magic in it. The plane itself is the counterpart to the Feywild, to this measure it is also able to produce a similar degree of creation magic, it just doesn't.

The only missing component are both the prelude and the catastrophe.

The Raven Queen, or the meeting with her is the starting point. The name she called me is unfitting of me; it took me a considerable amount of time to understand what it meant, or rather what it signified. Tranquil Field of Snow, in the dialect of the Winter Ancestors, is Schnefeldstil; this in turn made little sense, it is the last name of a ducal lineage, the dukes of Schnefeldstil. They are, or were, however all dead; the last of them was my wife; Cassandra, Duchess of Schnefeldstil; who died nearly 20 years ago on the night of the Silent Uprising. At first I believed it to be what is known as an "enblooding" which is the procedure under which noteworthy individuals acquire blood through a mean different of birth. The first men and women of the winter where enblooded by the Raven Queen, and through history it has been a rare but real procedure. In the case of already noble blooded individuals however this procedure is slightly different. When one is born with magic blood there are obvious signs, in the case of the Seasonal Courts it is called the Mother Circle, it lies on the back, it is always the symbol of the primogenial ancestor, or the first enblooded hero of a lineage; additionally there is the Mark of Belonging which lies on the eye, always on the eye belonging to the sword hand of the original hero, it is worn both by those on the lineage as those they give titles to or particularly exemplar servants of them. When one is enblooded one must rid itself from his previous Mother Circle so that the new blood can properly mark the body, the newer stronger blood will drown out the one before it.

The first night I rid myself from my previous marking; the procedure is not exactly painless and requires bleeding to near exsanguination. This of course is only the prelude. The next day was the day in which I travelled to the Cathedral for the research on a cure for Miss Halfcrescent; at the end of which Elden produced a considered amount of flowers on my room, of which I only left two on the ground based on bibliographical references to this being the break point at which it could only become violent but not monstrous to any degree.

However, I forgot the considerable amount of blood lying on the ground bellow the floor and on the floor boards themselves.
The plants themselves where nothing but an intermediary that did not intervene in the final procedure, the mix between bloods when touched by the influence of the Shadowfell harnessed it instead of allowing itself to be corrupted and formed a conscience; however, the Shadowfell had already perverted the plants which with the added capabilities of the blood managed to grow beyond it's possibilities. At this point the conscience or soul took over the plant as a temporary vessel and due to an intrinsic nature of self sustenance began looking for materials to consume, eventually growing in size while looking for the source of its blood.

The final realisation came inside the inn when I first talked to Ilya with Carric by my side. She was an independent entity merely using the plant as a temporary vessel, at that moment she could barely control the wholeness of it and the influence of the Shadowfell was starting to leak into her. The only proof I needed was the integrity of her conscience being different from that of the plant and the Test of Blood; she managed to prove to me both and to that I accepted her and she opened the way for us to the roof. From then on, all events are known to you.

She couldn't understand the effect of her actions while inside her previous vessel, she was only searching for me. The plant itself, the actually corrupt entity lies dead. That is all which has transpired, if I could ask of any more proof she has already provided; she can wield Almacia without the gaping crystals of ice tearing her apart, not only this but she can control the magic inside it better than I could at the age of 180; her hair is already becoming that of winter before she even hints the marks of her parents; I can extend my marking into her seamlessly and coordinate our Fey Stepping which is something one can only do with those of their immediate proximity, parents and sons at most, grandparents are already incapable of doing this; finally, on the short time we've been together I have been nothing but a parent to her and she has been nothing but a daughter to me, the short time we've spent in this decaying plane has been the most joyful time I have spent in my two hundred and ten years of living, if that is not enough, than nothing will be."

MoonCat
2012-10-26, 12:22 AM
If she's not the plant, how did she spring up, and then gain control of the plant?

araveugnitsuga
2012-10-26, 12:31 AM
"She formed from the blood overtaking the influence of the Shadowfell and using its power to form a soul, it was merely using the plant as a temporary vessel; it however could not fully control it when it started getting out of hand in terms of size; the monstrous plant we fought in the roof and slayed was the flowers which where corrupted by the Shadowfell and used the blood to overcome their growth threshold. Ilya is the conscience that formed and then survived by remaining in the plant.

She then allowed us access to the roof unimpeded to finish of the corrupted vessel she could hardly control."

LaZodiac
2012-10-26, 02:29 AM
Felix stares at Ilya with quite a lot of shock, and says "I...wow. That...that's amazing. All my time here, I've never heard of this happening." She smiles, and glances over to Juniper "I guess hope sprung forth, huh"

Ilya smiles politely and says "Thank you very much, everyone one"

Teddy
2012-10-26, 02:50 AM
Well, Shadowfell or not, plants that size won't usually spring from the blood-stained earth to start with, so that's hardly surprising.

Elden removes the spoon from the cup and places his hand over it. Faint streaks of steam flows up from between his fingers.

Blue Ghost
2012-10-26, 02:52 AM
Juniper returns Felix's smile. Aye. Even in the thickest brambles, a seed of hope can be found.
He turns to Adalhard, sipping his tea. A fascinating and truly fantastic tale. Time will tell if Ilya will truly have the blessing of the gods. I certainly hope so.

LaZodiac
2012-10-26, 03:00 AM
To Elden, Felix says "Yha. I knew the plants here could get feral, but...never anything this monstrous. Which is part of why Commander Theolon wants to show the people who slew it. This was something no one anticipated, and you guys...you stopped it." She then finishes off her cup of coffee, and adds "I'm sure she will Juniper."

Ilya sort of blushes for a moment, quite noticible on her more pale skin, and finishs her tea.

araveugnitsuga
2012-10-26, 02:48 PM
"Blessed by them or not, she already is a blessing to me."

Adalhard then pats Ilya in the head.

LaZodiac
2012-10-26, 03:04 PM
"Thank you, father." Ilya says politely.

araveugnitsuga
2012-10-26, 11:52 PM
"There is something in turn that I need to know.

How many people apart from those in this room know about Kalindale's death, or more specifically, how many know how and by whom he was killed?"

MoonCat
2012-10-27, 02:35 AM
And what makes you think you are capable of taking care of her?

LaZodiac
2012-10-27, 02:37 AM
"Well, he's gone a day with her, and she's fine. That's...more most parents can say, in the Shadowfell" Felix answers.

Also, to Adalhard's question, Teodor will answer. "No one knows it was Juniper who killed him, but his remaining handmaidens know he's dead. You're thinking someone will do an investigation, aren't you" The end of his sentance is more of a statement then a question.

araveugnitsuga
2012-10-27, 04:04 PM
"I'm the only person she has in this realm of existence; I can provide her with care and education, feeding and affection; I also happen to be her father."

He then looks towards Teodor.

"I do not think that; I know it. I also know who exactly is heading it and have a pretty good idea of how it is going to proceed.

You see, Kalindale was never formally exiled; whilst he was no longer the heir, he could not be stripped of his title or his rank by anyone other than a unanimous council of his equals. His equals are the Council of Dukes, and when it refers to unanimous it means every single one has to vote, which was and is impossible due to the fact that the last duchess of Schenfeldstil is dead with no familiar or heir to assume the title and no one single count or margrave with enough power or ambition to overtake the wholeness of the duchy and the seat of Holtsaten lacking a replacement to the late duke.

This means, Kalindale was killed a prince. Even if perhaps he was on "vacations" in the material plane and his father could no longer keep him under control, he was still the prince; and, in the Feywild, peace comes at a balance of powers. Kalindale is the Great Count of Summer's nephew, he himself was the heir to the Great County of Winter, he is betrothed to a princess of Spring, and finally, Astolph, Kalindale's younger brother and current heir to the Great County, is to wed a princess of Autumn in less than a decade. The Drow Courts also uphold a commercial peace with the Seasonal Courts. This means, if something is discovered, there will be no safe haven; the death of a high noble at the hands of outsiders is, even with circumstances considered, something that will not see trial but direct execution or extradition to a place that will.

The someone behind the investigation is most probably going to be the son of the Count of Chernalov, Dmitri Chernalov, better known as Carrot-Nose Vodkanov. Regardless of this, he is an implacable man; systematic to no end and one of the most brilliant Commanders of the Mistral Guard; even with his inability to tolerate any amount of alcohol before ending up as a living snowman. Right now odds are he is already in the Material Plane with a contingent searching for the handmaidens; his procedures are those of the Eladrin military, which, does not bode well if he is to find them and they prove uncooperative."

Blue Ghost
2012-10-27, 05:06 PM
Juniper groans. Well, that's not good. If I'm the one they're after, you should be safe, right?

araveugnitsuga
2012-10-27, 05:10 PM
"I'm afraid that's not the case. All of those involved will be executed after a "trial"; that includes me as well for not reporting this."

Blue Ghost
2012-10-27, 05:13 PM
Juniper sighs heavily. Is the whole Feywild this thick-headed? Kalindale was a diabolist and a murderer; he needed to be stopped. Surely there is someone who would understand the situation and plead for us?

LaZodiac
2012-10-27, 05:16 PM
For a moment, Felix's eyes go wide "Tha..no, there's no way. No fair ruler would do something like that. Not at all."

Blue Ghost
2012-10-27, 05:25 PM
History check on Feywild politics:

[roll0]

LaZodiac
2012-10-27, 05:29 PM
History check on Feywild politics:

[roll0]

Juniper: You're actually fairly sure Adalhard is being accurate. However, the trial wouldn't be a mock trial as he's implying. You're confident you'd have your time to say your side of the story.

araveugnitsuga
2012-10-27, 05:42 PM
"It is not thick-headedness, it is the fact that there was no trial to properly prove he was a murderer or a diabolist, that and the fact that he is the son of the Great Count. For all they know and will care, it was cold blooded murder of a Fey High Noble. There is no way to prove he was crazy or evil, the handmaidens will be mocked and their honour dragged through the ground, any testimony not from a noble will be mocked and called unreliable. It doesn't help that a noble will be presiding and any of them would benefit from convicting the murderers of the son of the Great Count.

There are several someones. But even then, it is not a trivial matter; the only one whose word will matter is Astolph. There are two possibilities at that point; pleading to him, or finding the phylactery before it matters.

Countess Strahovsky has been doing me the favour of searching for bibliography since I left Ashen Snow; as soon as Lenore comes for due correspondence I'll ask the countess to also send a letter to a mentor of mine on the farther reaches of the Winter Court who is rather knowledgeable in dealings with "supranormals", outsiders, the more complex undeads and beings from the Far Realm.

The most simple solution is for me to explain the situation for Astolph and ask him to look for Kalindale rather than investigate his death; I already owe him my life, so pleading again won't at least find me debtor to a new noble. It also might lead to the location of a phylactery on the Material Plane considering he now trawls as a Revenant on the lich side... for the time."

Teddy
2012-10-27, 08:09 PM
Seems like we have to move fast, then. Luckily for us, the trail ends in Barricade without any witnesses to tell where we went, and it'll hopefully take their eyes and ears long enough to pick up our current trail for us to get on the interplanar road again. Being publicly declared as heroes won't help us much in that regard, but being incooperative won't get us off this place to start with, so I think we'll just have to tag along.

And Adalhard, can Lenore be traced? Because I'd rather not have her followed by an eladrin strike team if it can be avoided.

araveugnitsuga
2012-10-27, 08:46 PM
"Lenore can't and won't be traced; Chernalov knows well enough that noble's familiar require for a formal accusation to be made if they are to be inspected, not to mention tracing of the interplanar movement of her would be akin to tracking fey stepping; the trace lasts ten minutes at most and even then the destination is not predictable, just the event.

And indeed, haste is of the essence. There is still the matter of the landing of the portal. The Drow Courts are a death sentence, we are by far too odd not to garner attention and the Drow know well how to profit from information; not to mention we'd be too far south to do anything if the investigation does resolve into something tangible.

Of the Seasonal Court our ironic best bet is the Winter Court. There the two most tempting choices are Flieder in the south eastern border, the capital of the duchy and the margravate of Schenfeldstil, if only due to the absence of a major political authority and the existence of a housing solution which would allow us to be in relative privacy and under low profile; and Ährenot, the capital of the county of Strahovsky and part of the duchy of Holtsaten, the city has a good number of inns and we could expect a moderate grade of safeness in it, it is also rather close to the only trustworthy political ally of ours at the moment."

LaZodiac
2012-10-27, 08:50 PM
Ilya raises a hand "I'd like to go see my house, at the very least. If that's ok"

araveugnitsuga
2012-10-27, 08:54 PM
Adalhard softly smiles at Ilya

"That'd be Flieder my snowflake. And we'll be living there after all is over little lilac, so getting there faster isn't that important."

LaZodiac
2012-10-27, 08:58 PM
Ilya smiles back "Ok. It's best if we were to be safe first. I'm worried about Uncle Elden and the others."

Teddy
2012-10-28, 04:04 AM
Going to the Feywild now would be pointless, because our only reason to do so wouldn't let us remain hidden and stationary to start with. Let's keep going until they find us, and pray that we'll be strong enough to recieve them when they do.

LaZodiac
2012-10-28, 08:48 AM
"I'll try to help with that, however I can" Felix says. She then says "Also...if need be, I'm sure Ledia would be able to modify the scroll so it sends you to the Natural plane. Then you could find a way to the Feywild from there. Might be safer"

Blue Ghost
2012-10-28, 01:24 PM
I agree. We don't even know where our quarry is. Going to the Feywild would be needlessly endangering ourselves.

LaZodiac
2012-10-28, 01:26 PM
Teodor finishes off his coffee, and says "When we're done with our little buisness here, I've got a feeling we'll have some idea of where to go. Carric will get his memory back, and if he WAS an ally of the Lich, he'd probably know some information about it."

araveugnitsuga
2012-10-28, 03:17 PM
"When they find us, it won't matter how strong we are; the ones sent for detention are not 3 or 4 but a hunting party, comprised most likely of mostly Veiled Warrior, and if anything would happen to them... it is not a city, or a group, it's half of a plane.

On more immediate matters I wonder how the meeting will resolve..."

LaZodiac
2012-10-28, 03:33 PM
"Well, if we're done with breakfast, we can head off to where Commander Theolon will have his speech. I believe they'll be done setting up the stage, so it'll start soon" Felix answers.

araveugnitsuga
2012-10-29, 01:22 PM
"There is one thing that is not coherent.

Mr. Xander, you said Kalindale was a murderer and a diabolist and due to that he had to be stopped. But if you haven't noticed, we ourselves have killed sentient creatures without any intermediary procedure to determine their guilt; and as of now, at least 2 of us have voluntarily negotiated with a devil for our mutual gain, and at least 5 of us have been part of such exchange without voicing opposition, making them at the very least passive beneficiary parts of the negotiating. As such, we are also for that matter, murderers and diabolists, if only our objective is different and could be said to be "good".

But then that would be justifying the means on the end, or the circumstances."

LaZodiac
2012-10-29, 01:33 PM
"What are you talking about, Adalhard?" Felix asks.

Teddy
2012-10-29, 02:45 PM
The main difference lies in who attacked whom. If we come under attack, it's reasonab to not consider those attacking us innocient. And while it in the case of Kalindale was we who attacked first, we all clearly overheard his plans to kill us from where we were hiding before we struck.

Blue Ghost
2012-10-29, 04:34 PM
Juniper sighs in disgust. I was completely against dealing with that devil. She practically forced herself on us, and it was you who insisted on listening to her.

araveugnitsuga
2012-10-29, 05:13 PM
"I'm not speaking of the morality of the act of killing him in particular, it is the fact we have also gotten rid of creatures without ascertaining their guilt through due procedure, which would constitute murder. Either the definition of murder is considered that it is partially war time, in which case it isn't murder, or the criteria also covers us.

Yes, I did insist on listening to her, on the other hand I do not use the word diabolist as something negative much less a reason to kill someone; and it was not me who struck the deal. Inaction is itself an act, those that witness what they consider an atrocity are as equally guilty if not worse than the one committing it. But again, I do not take murder and deals with devils as inherently evil acts, while you have raised that particular point; while it being self-defence or pre-emptive preservation of the self would be reasons for having to end an enemy's life; murder and diabolism, are not perhaps the main argument if oneself is committing them to a degree.

Are there not Binders and Warlocks who are people of good? Or perhaps, can devils not be redeemed; can only celestials fall but devils not ascend?"

MoonCat
2012-10-29, 07:22 PM
Adalhard, you absolutely cannot take a child on these adventures!

araveugnitsuga
2012-10-29, 08:19 PM
"I agree, I absolutely cannot take a child on these adventures.

I am not going to do so. Right now there is little chance of a major mishap before the taking of the portal. Afterwards she will stay with her grandparents or her godmother briefly until my return."

Blue Ghost
2012-10-29, 10:08 PM
Is it the wisest option to go to the Feywild immediately? While it may be the best for Ilya, it's not our only option. We have friends in the Barricade. What can we accomplish on the Feywild? Would we be able to get back to the Material once we're there?

LaZodiac
2012-10-29, 10:21 PM
"Worst case scenario, I could watch after her while you guys are saving the world. It's the least I could do, after all you guys have done for this city. And me" Felix adds (somewhat jokingly), smiling towards Juniper.

MoonCat
2012-10-29, 11:12 PM
As the conversation regularly turns away from the situation of Ilya and more light-hearted, Bast's face grows darker and darker.

Bast slams her fist down on the table.

And how do you expect us to trust you that you would take care of her?

You are a piece of scum who sneaks around and turns men against eachother! You have no right to be with us, let alone be in charge of the well-being of a child!

Even if she be your own relative, you have yet to give any reason why we should let her go near you!

Until then, Adalhard, we, as the group, found her, and are her sole caretakers.

Not. You. Alone!

araveugnitsuga
2012-10-30, 12:02 AM
Without reacting.

"As a group nothing. Ilya will step through a portal to be with her caretaker the moment we step through to the Material Plane.

I do not turn beings, I turn space, I move actions, not feelings. I cannot dominate or control like a succubus. The well being of her, or at least what it takes is not something I expect you to comprehend.

Do you think she requires food and water alone? That she can live from steel itself?

She is a fey, her being is entirely different from your existence, it's inherently a wholly different being. You do not start to understand what that conveys. Your sleep is nothing but a waste of time in relation to trancing; time itself is different, a day is nothing but the time between moons; she is already dependant on the Feywild, I can provide her with the arcane energies as substitute for the plane, or better said, I am the only one who can do so, but she needs to return to it eventually. She feels the flow of existence in a completely different state than you do, and you can't even start to understand that; you cannot even fathom what she can feel cruising through her, from the flow of her own blood to the sublime flow of sleeping magic through her veins.

I will place her in the care of someone I can actually trust with her correct education for the time I'll be away from her, in a plane where I can expect her to wake up without a randomised mood swing and a chance of a bloody death or permanent lack of emotions.

She is my daughter alone. And like it or not, her being my relative, or more specifically my daughter is enough for any authority to in fact determine that I can be her sole caretaker; considering I can provide for her, give her an education and take care of her. I'd recommend you focus in caring for your absentee protégée before trying to decide on the care of my daughter when you yourself have only lived about one tenth of what I have, have yet to even have a child on your own, or perhaps even stopped being a rebellious teenager."

He then turns towards Juniper.

"No, I am not proposing we do so; I intend to send her alone after the arrangements are done in a simple trip. I trust both of her prospective caretakers.

The Feywild is actually easier to transit in relation to the Material Plane; there are city sized dimensional holes which allow transit, similar to the phenomenon in Watertrodden which allows transit to the Elemental Chaos. Not to mention teleportation circles and portal scrolls are rather common given the magical tendency of the plane.

What could we do right now? Nothing that couldn't be done from a plane away with correspondence or set-up to be done more efficiently. The only thing that can't be done is talking to the one person which could actually solve the main dilemma of going there. But even then, it's 20 years since I last saw him, and then he was prince and Kalindale was heir. I don't know if what he did was for me or for his brother, but going to him is the best gamble we can hope for, even if it is inherently risky; it is not something however that requires immediacy, at least not yet.

In terms of the Material Plane, the ideal target is the Dragon Boneyard, not the Barricade, for obvious reasons, but something is odd.

I'm grateful Captain Halfcrescent but that is an offer I have to reject, Ilya won't fare well here in the Shadowfell, she will soon start depending on a consistent supply of arcane energy and while she can easily absorb it from the plane itself in the Feywild; in here it would not end well. There is a reason Eladrin rarely venture out while still young..."

Adalhard abruptly stops, his eye widens.

He starts mumbling in elven
"It was, infront of us... all along, that's how... the mirrors... the holes... that's how both of us were right... she was right... and so I was... it all should make sense... if only the last pieces...
Adalhard marks grow brightly as the lines extend into the table and draw a map of writings and rotating pieces. Closest to him is a sun encircled by three layers of concentric rotating circles reading "Ciudad de los Espejismos" around that area are two more. In the opposite extreme of the table is one with a snowflake surrounded by two concentric rotating circles, on the outermost circle it reads "Bael Turath", around that area there are two more circles. In the central area there are six dispersed and unlabeled circles, the ones near the right have a rose, the ones near the left have an autumn leave.

"This is how. This is how all makes sense.

The Dragon Boneyard, the answer Mr. Xander got for the phylactery in the material plane, I do not recall it there because... it is also elsewhere...

The reflection and the thinning.

I just need to remember if it matches at all."

Is the Dragon Boneyard a tear?
[roll0]

MoonCat
2012-10-30, 12:21 AM
You will do no such thing!

I have no reason to believe she is yours, and you have not proved yourself even able to care for her should she be! The one thing you may do to prove yourself is leave with her, the second we escape this godsforsaken plane, you putting you own selfish desires below her needs and going well away from this party!

LaZodiac
2012-10-30, 12:30 AM
Ilya speaks up, sounding actually rather serious "What if my desire is to journey with the party? What if I, myself, want to come with you all? I have consumed many minds and have gained much knowledge, but I have yet to expierance things 'for myself'. I want to. You're very interesting to me, all of you are. Your interactions with each other, with my Father especially. If you are worried about my protection, simply grow strong, Bast"

Ilya gives a small smirk at the end of her little speech.

Adalhard: You recall now, that though you know the Dragon Boneyard was in the Feywild, or atleast rumored to be, one day the rumors started drying up. No one was discovering it any more. Instead, these rumors where replaced with rumors of where it's disappeared. Your best guess is that yes, it is a Tear, much like the city of Mirage (and therefor a permanent tear). You wouldn't know where it is in the natural plane, though.

But yes, success. You have solved one of the big puzzles I left. A puzzle so large even I had forgotten about it. Good job.

Blue Ghost
2012-10-30, 12:54 AM
Juniper shakes his head. No, Ilya. We are not having you on a task so dangerous.

araveugnitsuga
2012-10-30, 12:58 AM
Adalhard becomes visibly annoyed and closes his eyes.

All the lines glow as he proclaims in a short strong tone.

"SILENCE!"

In an annoyed tone.

"There is something else right now, I'll get back to both of your silliness after this."

The marks raise from the table and float in the air, twisting and producing three layers one over the other with the marking producing holes in the matrixes between the upper and middle layer.

The lowest layer has strayed marking and a Lilac in a circle far from Adalhard.

"This is it. There is no reason to go to the Feywild now because we are going to the Feywild anyway.

The Dragon Boneyard is a part of the Feywild in the Material Plane, a tear, a permanent one; a thinning so violent it fell through. The phylactery is there, and not only that but it is also a passage to the Feywild. It will end in the Outlying Lands, away from the courts, on the domains of the true Fey, in the mountains.

No army would dare march there, they respect the Seelie Court and wouldn't venture into their lands. We should go to the Material Plane and research into its location, from there, it is smooth sailing."

Adalhard exhales and the marks recede back into him.

"Now, into a more mundane matter.

Yes, I will do such thing, I have given any possible proof as well as it has been confirmed and repeatedly so and explained thoroughly. If I wanted to escape with her I would have done so last night, rented two horses and marched for the tear back; I can and have been taking care of her, I will put her in the hands in someone I trust for her well being and education in a plane of considerably less corruption.

And I won't leave, lest you remember the incarnation of the Goddess which gave birth to my kin, and to whom I also thank an impossibility of probability also entrusted me with said search. Taking care of her is making sure there is an existence for her after all the events dawn, and knowing who to trust when I cannot be alongside her for her own safety."

He turns to Ilya

"Sweet snowflake you will live until you are near the 100th decade, you have barely been days on existence. At the moment you cannot even tamper with the magic already in your blood, much less externalise it. Your godmother or your grandmother can prepare you for that, they both are dexterous with magic to a great degree and will be able to prepare you.

But this is not your time yet, I promise you, that in due time you will see the planes, but now is not such time."

LaZodiac
2012-10-30, 01:17 AM
"Now is a perfect time. Let it be said my first actions where to help stop this petty bickering. From my understanding, my Father hates every fiber of Bast's being, and Bast has done nothing but justify it. Which one of you will be better and let by gones be by gones, and try to work towards a relathionship that can work. You are both heroes, atleast one of you should act like it."

araveugnitsuga
2012-10-30, 01:42 AM
"You can barely remain in existence without my magic young duchess, much less protect yourself with your own. I do not want to lose you like I lost your mother; I do not want you to lose me like I lost your mother; this is for the safety of both of us, you will be safe until my return my dear, but you cannot embark in this journey.

And I do not hate snowflake, I cannot and you should not. Hate is what kills us, when you have so much time, you cannot let it exist lest it consume you. You may disagree, find someone unexemplar or dislike, but never hate, because when you do, you forget yourself in the obsession.

Now, I will grant to you that you have your mother's wisdom, or somehow you got your godfather's.

You are still not coming along.

I have been willing bygones be bygones from the first moment and still continue to do so."

LaZodiac
2012-10-30, 01:52 AM
Ilya gives another smirk "Yes, Father. You've clearly shown you do not have the capacity for hate, given your opinions on Bast's pet pseudodragon."

Ilya then pours herself some more tea, and sips it politely. She'll then add "If you are willing to let bygones be bygones, then show it. I can tell you have wronged Bast, she would not raise her voice in such oppisition of you if you had not. Apologize to her, truthfully, and with all your heart. Only then will I permit you to send me home to the Feywild."

Teddy
2012-10-30, 12:44 PM
Elden watches the whole conversation with mild disinterest as he consumes the food and a considerable amount of hot tea. Occationally, he closes his eyes and massages his lobes with the flats of his hands, opens his eyes again and blinks a few times as if he's not seeing clearly, whereafter he sighs discretely and goes back to drinking more tea.

DM:
As usual, Elden stays alert despite being disinterested.

Ready action: In case fighting breaks out, teleport self, Adalhard and Ilya outside window by means of Astral Step

MoonCat
2012-10-30, 05:47 PM
I like this one. Smarter than her 'father'

Blue Ghost
2012-10-30, 06:47 PM
Juniper has not been speaking in this exchange, but the more insightful may discern that he has been in silent agreement with Bast the whole time. Especially with her last comment, which elicits a smirk from him.

araveugnitsuga
2012-11-01, 09:54 PM
In Elven:
In a stern tone:
"First amongst all, you will not use that tone with me young lady; you are due respect to me as your father and sarcasm is a tone I will not tolerate from you.

Second, the difference from distrust and dislike from hate is quite clear; which also goes to unexemplarness.

Third, I'll interpret your words as a request because you are not in any position to order anyone, much less your father lest you want to postpone any training and adventuring to your 18th decade. You are getting in that portal voluntarily or not, on the second case it involves me asking your grandfather to instruct you on the musical arts as he did with me.

Fourth, do you believe I have already not done so to no effect?"

LaZodiac
2012-11-01, 10:02 PM
In Elven:
In a stern tone:
"First amongst all, you will not use that tone with me young lady; you are due respect to me as your father and sarcasm is a tone I will not tolerate from you.

Second, the difference from distrust and dislike from hate is quite clear; which also goes to unexemplarness.

Third, I'll interpret your words as a request because you are not in any position to order anyone, much less your father lest you want to postpone any training and adventuring to your 18th decade. You are getting in that portal voluntarily or not, on the second case it involves me asking your grandfather to instruct you on the musical arts as he did with me.

Fourth, do you believe I have already not done so to no effect?"

Ilya makes a puffy face (http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/8893/sulk.png) for a moment, then says in Elven "Alright. I apologize, Father. I just...have trouble understanding why it is you dislike them so. Perhaps it is my own...unique perspective, that makes it harder to understand, but I would think that as you are all part of one whole, you'd want to try and work together.

Teddy
2012-11-02, 07:20 PM
As impatient as the wind...

LaZodiac
2012-11-02, 07:31 PM
"What are you getting at Elden?" Felix asks

araveugnitsuga
2012-11-02, 07:44 PM
In Elven:
"Your apologise are accepted Alexandra.

You first must understand that unexemplar is not necessarily equal to dislikable; that which is unexemplar is merely something whose conduct should not be imitated in any form, unexemplar individuals may be liked but should not be imitated. For a musician a noble would be unexemplar, it is a lifestyle he should not imitate lest he live beyond his means; for a noble, a musician is unexemplar for he does have responsibilities his counterpart does not has.

As for the drake, you will come to understand when going over the differences between each and every type of arcanists where does it come from and why is it problematic as well as what that particular breed represents but that is enough of such a creature."He then turns towards Elden.

"And as reckless as a blizzard I take?"

Teddy
2012-11-02, 07:45 PM
Reflections, mostly.

araveugnitsuga
2012-11-02, 07:47 PM
"If you would accept fodder for them, may I suggest the Raven Queen's instructions regarding the Wolf?

That is a quandary whose purpose I cannot yet comprehend."

LaZodiac
2012-11-02, 07:53 PM
"The Wolf..oh, right, Commander Theolon. What did The Raven Queen tell you to do? I know he used to be a servent of The Lich so it's probably connected to that, right?" Felix says.

Teddy
2012-11-02, 08:18 PM
In answer to Adalhard's comment:
No, the blizzard is ubiquitous and uncaring. And you speak of it as a source of pride, not as the strategical nightmare it actually presents.

In answer to Adalhard's suggestion:
What's so hard to understand? Everyone from peasants to gods have their own hidden agendas, a conclusion you'd quickly draw if you ever practiced introspection. There is much to learn about others, even from watching yourself.

Elden then turns to Felix.
She told us to find him. Her further instructions hold no meanings to us without further knowledge of your commander himself.

LaZodiac
2012-11-02, 08:23 PM
"Ok, then perhaps we should get going. You're the guests of honour, after all" Felix says.

araveugnitsuga
2012-11-02, 08:29 PM
"The blizzard is hardly uncaring and perhaps you have yet to be inside of one to see how the inside is very different from the outside.

As for agendas I do understand them, perhaps more than I would like; but the fact remains the same, the goddess of fate does not say anything in vain and there is much on her exact words which does not fit.

Perhaps the meaning of her instructions is more important now than after the meeting. Perhaps the most important incognita is one we should already know."

Teddy
2012-11-02, 08:53 PM
Everything in her words fit, any discrepancies stem from our own inawareness of the underlying connections. She wouldn't ask of us to act upon what we're ignorant of, because that's not how you build your fate, and if taken in order, we haven't even fulfilled her first request yet.

araveugnitsuga
2012-11-02, 09:18 PM
"The Wolf's den is Gloomwrought. Sniff him out and stop his plot.

That is her only directive, at least the only one regarding the Wolf specifically. She does not ask of us to act upon something we are ignorant of, she is giving us knowledge of what we are to act upon in ways which do not directly tamper with fate.

Remember, gods cannot simply go out and do it themselves lest all of them do so and the world plunges into the war of deities. For every part of knowledge a new secret must be weaved otherwise the balance would be notoriously broken."

Teddy
2012-11-03, 04:53 AM
Elden gives Adalhard an annoyed look for his tactlessness.

If that's the correct interpretation, then how can there be discrepancies?

araveugnitsuga
2012-11-03, 11:45 AM
"The discrepancy is perhaps the actual mystery to be solved; it is only apparent and similar to the seeming contradiction in regards to the Dragon Boneyard's location."

Teddy
2012-11-03, 05:56 PM
You're reading way too much into her words, and we've got matters to take care of.
Elden turns to Felix and the rest of the team.
Let's head out.

LaZodiac
2012-11-03, 06:16 PM
"Yes, lets" Felix agrees, getting up. And unless anyone has any last words, Felix shall bring everyone to what is essentially the middle of the city. I'm going to presume Carric is going to be wearing his hood (for obvious reasons)

-----------------

You arrive at the city square, and find that the stage is already set up. Infront of the stage is a relative hand full of people, though more are clearly coming in. Felix leads you to a specific area near the front of the crowd, and instructs you all to stay where you are, as it is important for the speech. She'll then back into the crowd, taking her place within the crowd. Those of you who take the time to look around notice that throughout the crowd, and on the rooftops surronding the crowd, are various Draugen soldiers, looking over the area.

However, the stage is where your main focus is. Atop the large stage are two guards in pristine white Draugen armor, and standing between them is someone you all recognize, though clearly there is a difference. He stands in a dark, black suit of plate mail, a larger then normal falchion strapped to his back, in its sheathe. His long, orange hair is well kept and trails down his back to a degree, covering a bit of his cloak (which, despite the picture, is not meant to be tattered). His green eyes shine confidently as he looks out over the crowd. He appears to be waiting for just a bit longer to start his speech.

You all, Carric most of all, recognize this man as Carric Theolon. But not the one you know.

Image: http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/91/thewolf.png

araveugnitsuga
2012-11-03, 06:26 PM
While on the way, whispered to Ilya in Elven:
"If anything happens, you teleport to me; unless I am targeted in which case you teleport to a roof, lay on it and start leaking enough arcane markings for me to know you are there. You have no use of the staff by now, the sword is more likely to get you targeted, only use it if you are absolutely being targeted otherwise it WILL make you a target if you take it out in plain view."

MoonCat
2012-11-03, 07:13 PM
Bast whispers to Elden on the way

You and I need to talk. We're the closest to decision makers this team has, and there's an issue we have to deal with. And don't screw with me on this one, this is important.

Teddy
2012-11-03, 09:22 PM
Elden raises an eyebrow and whispers back.

Bast:
Okay. What is it?

MoonCat
2012-11-04, 12:20 AM
Adalhard. He's the issue. Just... all of him.

Teddy
2012-11-04, 05:47 AM
Bast:
We'll take it later, I think the commander is about to speak.

(Blatant attempt at cutting conversation short? Check. :smalltongue: But in all honesty, Elden would rather hold it when he doesn't have to speak in hushed tones.)

LaZodiac
2012-11-04, 10:57 AM
Bast:
We'll take it later, I think the commander is about to speak.

(Blatant attempt at cutting conversation short? Check. :smalltongue: But in all honesty, Elden would rather hold it when he doesn't have to speak in hushed tones.)

Elden: Understandable, though I'll note Bast was talking with Elden as they were walking TO the speech area, so he'd likely have to use a different excuse to brush her off :smallwink:

Adalhard: Ilya nods in understanding
------------------------

At this moment, Commander Theolon begins to speak. His voice is loud and strong, and you can tell that despite how many people are here, you're sure it will reach all of them. While he speaks he is very animated, as though he is talking with his hands and body, as much as his words.

"Friends, countrymen, people of this fine city. As you are all quite aware, yesterday the city was attacked by a vicious plant monster. It terrorized us all, poor, rich, strong...weak. It pains me that we were not able to save more than we could. But rest assured, we know who caused this! At the epicenter of this vicious attack was an inn, and running this inn was a man, like any other. But one day...THEY came to him. Members of the Cult of Caissa, bringing gifts of seeds, and instructions. It is likely they offered him a top position for this. What saddens me is how they GOT those seeds. There are only a few answers as to how, and I only hope it's not what I think it is." As he says this, he turns to look toward the general direction of Lord Jarod's manor.

"However! As you know, this horror, this blight upon our city, was destroyed before it could rampage for more than a day! And it was destroyed not by the city guard, not by Draugen, but by six people- no, six HEROES!" he then searches the crowd for a moment, before pointing at where you all are standing, and shouts "Come! Come up and show the people of this fair city who you are!"

Teddy
2012-11-04, 12:07 PM
I think that's our cue.

Elden will, however, not be the first to walk up to the stage, but rather, say, the third. Just as he usually won't be the first one to walk through a door.


Elden: Understandable, though I'll note Bast was talking with Elden as they were walking TO the speech area, so he'd likely have to use a different excuse to brush her off :smallwink:

Well, she could've said it as they approached the city square...

araveugnitsuga
2012-11-04, 12:58 PM
"Perhaps the most charismatic amongst us should lead the way and follow the inaugural address?

Says Adalhard while looking at Juniper.

He will walk up last.

Blue Ghost
2012-11-04, 01:31 PM
Juniper shall be the first to arrive on the stage.

MoonCat
2012-11-04, 02:00 PM
Bast will go in next.

During !Carric's speech, she mumbles a few things in Primordial.
ANd it's all HIS fault.

I think he should fix that to five heroes and one backstabbing little *****d***g********14****!**f**,*************><*****q

LaZodiac
2012-11-04, 02:28 PM
Teodor will walk up with Bast. I'm going to presume Carric will do the same, so now everyone is on the stage! Commander Theolon looks you all over, his eyes lingering on Carric for a moment, before he turns back to the crowd. "Give it up for our heroes! Without them, many more lives would have been snuffed out, by the Cult! Which is why, my friends, my brothers in arms...soon the Cult of Caissa will meet its end! With these six on our side, there is no way we can lose!"

At this point the crowd lets out a cheer, an applause! Commander Theolon turns to you all and says, in a more hushed tone so only you can hear it "When I am done with this speech, we can discuss matters. I'm quite curious as to who you all are. Captain Guinevere, Felix to you, had much to say, and I'd love to meet you all later.

He will then turn back to the crowd. "Now, I know you've all heard the murmurs, that the Cult is building up their forces, intending to wage one final attack on us, or even the Cathedral of the Raven Queen. But worry not! We grow stronger every day. Our swords sharper, our armor tougher. Wherever the cult rears its head, we'll be there. Wherever they raise their blades, Draugen will be the shield protecting their target. We'll dog them at every step, we'll strike them down at every opportunity. Wherever there is the Cult of Caissa, there will be Draugen. Whever there is evil, there will be JUSTICE!"

The cheering increases, into a wild roar!

Ranger Mattos
2012-11-04, 02:50 PM
During the speech, Carric makes sure to keep his cloak covering his face, and does not speak, for obvious reasons.

araveugnitsuga
2012-11-04, 03:06 PM
Adalhard inspects the crowd throughout the speech.

DM:
Any arcanists amongst the crowd or prepared spells?
[roll0]
And in general keeps watch of Ilya.

LaZodiac
2012-11-04, 04:38 PM
Adalhard inspects the crowd throughout the speech.

DM:
Any arcanists amongst the crowd or prepared spells?
[roll0]
And in general keeps watch of Ilya.

Adalhard: You don't sense anything of that matter.

Right, actually, that's basically the whole speech, sorry to say. I'll post the results in a moment.

Teddy
2012-11-04, 04:39 PM
Elden stands through the whole speech with a somewhat amused smile, bearing the subtlest hint of "I can see through this whole ruse". To the commander's more private words, he replies in the same hushed tones with but a single word:
Likewise.

LaZodiac
2012-11-04, 04:52 PM
After some thinking, I'm going to gloss over the rest of the speech. I've said the important parts, you can all just sort of assume he says the stuff you'd typically find in speeches and rallies like this. Commander Theolon is a relatively charismatic speaker, and it's clear the crowd loves him, and as a result also love you.

As the speech ends the crowd starts to disperse. The members of Draugen stick around, making sure nothing does down, though it's clear that no one is really paying attention to the stage.

Commander Theolon turns to you all and puts out a hand. "I believe we have not been properly introduced. I am Commander Carric Theolon, and I lead Draugen"

Blue Ghost
2012-11-04, 05:02 PM
Juniper smiles and shakes his hand. Juniper Xander, sir.

Insight: [roll0]

LaZodiac
2012-11-04, 05:05 PM
"Ah, Juniper. Of you all, Felix spoke the kindest about you. I'm sure she'll appreciate me saying so, heh heh" He laughs, shaking Juniper's hand.

Juniper: Commander Theolon seems like a pretty cool guy, all things considered. He reminds you of Carric, obviously, just more confident.

By the way I sort of expect everyone to atleast introduce themselves because I'm terrible that way :smalltongue:

MoonCat
2012-11-04, 05:43 PM
DM:
What's in the audience?
Perception:[roll0]

LaZodiac
2012-11-04, 05:46 PM
DM:
What's in the audience?
Perception:[roll0]

Bast: You see Ilya, and around 10 Draugen guards (11 counting Felix) standing about. They're mostly talking, though Felix is by herself and watching you guys from a distance, though she's clearly trying to hide it. She's blushing from what Commander Theolon said about her to Juniper.

araveugnitsuga
2012-11-04, 05:49 PM
Adalhard goes to fetch Ilya the moment the speech ends.
He does a short bow and prompts Ilya to do the same.

"I am Adalhard; and she is my daughter, Alexandra Ilyasviel."

LaZodiac
2012-11-04, 05:51 PM
Ilya bows politely "Hello"

Commander Theolon gives a little bow as well, smiling "Ah, Adalhard. You look shorter then I'd imagined" He also seems to be sizing Adalhard up as he does so.

araveugnitsuga
2012-11-04, 05:54 PM
"A good fall when I was younger, shrunk me by a whole foot.

Is there a chance we could move this conversation to a less exposed place?"

LaZodiac
2012-11-04, 06:00 PM
Commander Theolon laughs at Adalhard's joke, then says "Unfortunately, no. However, you have my word, as 'exposed' as this place may appear, we're safer here then anywhere else in the city. At the very least we can step down from the stage, however"

He then leads the party off the stage, closer to where you guys were originally standing (and where Felix currently IS standing).

Teddy
2012-11-04, 07:04 PM
So, how much do you actually know of the events that transpired?

LaZodiac
2012-11-04, 07:08 PM
So, how much do you actually know of the events that transpired?

"I know that the innkeeper had Cult of Caissa members staying there, and my sources say that they provided the seeds for yesterdays little chaos" Commander Theolon answers, holding out a hand towards Elden in greeting.

araveugnitsuga
2012-11-04, 08:26 PM
"Sorry for interrupting, but that suit of armour you are donning is absolutely amazing. It resembles dwarven craft, but it seems quite old, perhaps more so than the Thousand Year King himself. The pieces respond to quite an older aesthetic than those of modern craftmanship, they respond to the bone rather than flesh.

It also seems you honour your name in both suit and sword. If I may ask, is she named?"

LaZodiac
2012-11-04, 08:52 PM
"Apologies accepted, Adalhard. It's name is Vargensbrand. It has served me well. And yes, my armor is quite ancient. I'm surprised you noticed, as well as I am that you recall such an old name. Pray tell, how do you know of such a thing?" Commander Theolon answers

Carric: You recall that Vargensbrand is old, ooold elven for "Wolf's fire"

Teddy
2012-11-04, 09:31 PM
Elden shakes the commander's hand.

With all respect to your sources, and to a good story, I think you owe the late innkeeper an acquitance, if not in public, then at least in private. As far as I gathered, he was loyal to you until the end, and on top of that, the Caissans were disguised, so he probably wasn't even aware of who they were before they ambushed us.

Also, "Fire of the Wolf" (which is what the name says in Swedish)? Yeah, I'm just going ignore any less far-fetched explanation for the novelty of being able to pronounciate the name in my own language. Even though the 's' makes it a bit unwieldy... :smallwink:

LaZodiac
2012-11-04, 09:36 PM
Elden shakes the commander's hand.

With all respect to your sources, and to a good story, I think you owe the late innkeeper an acquitance, if not in public, then at least in private. As far as I gathered, he was loyal to you until the end, and on top of that, the Caissans were disguised, so he probably wasn't even aware of who they were before they ambushed us.

Also, "Fire of the Wolf" (which is what the name says in Swedish)? Yeah, I'm just going ignore any less far-fetched explanation for the novelty of being able to pronounciate the name in my own language. Even though the 's' makes it a bit unwieldy... :smallwink:

...right, forgot you were Swedish. Blame Google Translate for any unwieldiness, I was going for "Wolf's Fire". Either way, none of you would know that in character, so sush :smallwink::smalltongue:

Anyway, Commander Theolon shakes Elden's hand and says "Well then. Do you know who it is that caused it, then?"

araveugnitsuga
2012-11-04, 09:40 PM
"That'd be me. I did not properly gauge the growth capacity of two specimens and failed to account for magnifying circumstances which allowed the plants to reach the critical growth threshold.

In regards to your inquiries, the age is notable in the design, it is perhaps as old if not older than the surnames of the Fey Courts; it seems quite similar in spirit to Evgeny Seantúr's armour, so I took it to be around that era if not even earlier.

I devoted a good part of my age to the study of eladrin lineages, and when one regresses enough one returns to elven lines. It is also helped by the name holding a relatively consistent meaning since its origin; astronomy hardly tends to change on that side thankfully. But perhaps I cheat."

Teddy
2012-11-04, 09:42 PM
...right, forgot you were Swedish. Blame Google Translate for any unwieldiness, I was going for "Wolf's Fire". Either way, none of you would know that in character, so sush :smallwink::smalltongue:

Well, you got what you were looking for (except for it being "the Wolf's Fire"), but if you want it to roll nicely off my tongue, I suggest "Vargabrand" instead.


Anyway, Commander Theolon shakes Elden's hand and says "Well then. Do you know who it is that caused it, then?"

Suffice to say, yes. But before we go further into this, who was your informant on this subject?

EDIT:
Steamrolled by Adalhard. And it's to late for me anyway (a quarter to 4 in the morning), so no suitable edit either. 'Night!

MoonCat
2012-11-04, 09:44 PM
First thing I thought at that line of convo was" Ooh! Vargabond! :smallwink::smallredface:

LaZodiac
2012-11-04, 09:56 PM
I'm totally ok with it being THE Wolf's Fire, so Vargensbrand it stays.

Also, Moony! Don't forget to introduce yourself to him!

Anyway, after Adalhard says it was his fault, Commander Theolon's face gets a rather stern expression, and he says "Well then. I...hope you had a good reason for endangering our city. I can't be TOO harsh, I doubt any one could have expected it to become so monstrous. Even I haven't seen a plant that large."

He then takes a deep breath, and turns to Bast, Teodor, and Carric, the last of the party to introduce themselves.

araveugnitsuga
2012-11-04, 10:05 PM
"A miscalculation in the formation of a partial retardant to the Shadowfell's effects.

Are you native to the Shadowfell? Not many would come to this plane to start a crusade."

LaZodiac
2012-11-04, 10:16 PM
"A miscalculation in the formation of a partial retardant to the Shadowfell's effects.

Are you native to the Shadowfell? Not many would come to this plane to start a crusade."

Commander Theolon's expression softens somewhat "Ah. Good to know you had good intentions, at least. Just be more careful next time...the Shadowfell does not often give you a second chance. And no, I'm not from here. One day I found myself here, and simply did what I felt was right."

araveugnitsuga
2012-11-04, 10:34 PM
DM:
Insight:
[roll0]
History - Elven Nations at the time of the Lich
[roll1]

LaZodiac
2012-11-04, 10:38 PM
DM:
Insight:
[roll0]
History - Elven Nations at the time of the Lich
[roll1]

Adalhard: You don't detect anything bad from Commander Theolon's words. He seems very sincere.

As for the history, tell me what it is you're actually looking for so I can actually answer.

araveugnitsuga
2012-11-04, 10:42 PM
DM:
The name of likely nations for an elven birth at the time of the Lich.

I mean of course the name they had at the time and not what they are actually called today.

LaZodiac
2012-11-04, 10:46 PM
DM:
The name of likely nations for an elven birth at the time of the Lich.

I mean of course the name they had at the time and not what they are actually called today.

Adalhard: Even with such a fantastic roll, you're not 100% sure. He could of been born anywhere, people don't tend to keep records from THAT long ago. You're best guess is that he was born somewhere in the heart of the Elven nation, which still stands to this day. I don't really have a name for Elven nation yet, but back then it was known as The Heartwooded Cities, since the Elves built their homes as part of the forest.

araveugnitsuga
2012-11-04, 10:49 PM
"Where you perhaps born in the Heartwooded Cities?"

LaZodiac
2012-11-04, 10:51 PM
"Yes, though I must say, why do you ask?" Commander Theolon answers.

araveugnitsuga
2012-11-04, 11:15 PM
"Because it is an honour meeting someone from such locality, possibly one of the last survivors."

LaZodiac
2012-11-04, 11:21 PM
Commander Theolon smiles politely at Adalhard. "Well, thank you. But I take it you mean more then you say"

At this point Teodor, who's finished sizing Commander Theolon up, puts out his hand. "Name's Teodor. He didn't say it, but the elf over there is Elden". Commander Theolon shakes his hand and says "Thank you. I had a feeling that was the case"

araveugnitsuga
2012-11-04, 11:26 PM
"I do. I am tempted to ask for the herbal recipe of such a wonderful anti-aging concoction, many eladrin noblewomen would pay considerable amounts for it."

LaZodiac
2012-11-04, 11:35 PM
Commander Theolon laughs for a moment, then after he has finished, he says "Yes, but I presume most would rather not go through what I have. Let's not beat around the bush, shall we. I already know Felix knows, although she's not one to let her knowledge of it loose, even to me. Please, pray tell, what is my secret, Adalhard?"

At his words, Felix looks away a moment, and shuffles over to stand a little behind Juniper.

Blue Ghost
2012-11-04, 11:55 PM
Juniper gives Felix a comforting squeeze on the arm, maintaining a confident posture.

araveugnitsuga
2012-11-05, 12:05 AM
"You are older than you look most definitely; other than that, it is not for me to say."

Adalhard looks towards the hooded party member.

MoonCat
2012-11-05, 02:31 AM
Bast proffers her hand.

Halfcrescent. Of course, you already know part of my family. Consider her my opposite, you'll get the picture.

LaZodiac
2012-11-05, 02:34 AM
Bast proffers her hand.

Halfcrescent. Of course, you already know part of my family. Consider her my opposite, you'll get the picture.

Commander Theolon shakes Bast's hands "Ah, Felix's sister. Bast, was it?" he then sizes Bast up, much like how he did Adalhard.

Ranger Mattos
2012-11-05, 12:08 PM
(And now for the big unveiling!)

Carric simply draws back his hood. Looking the Commander in the eyes, he says, "Hello, my name is Carric Theolon."

LaZodiac
2012-11-05, 12:13 PM
Commander Theolon just stares at Carric for a moment, before putting out his hand "Well then. I hope your explanation is a good one, because otherwise I don't know what the hell I'm looking at. Other then myself, obviously.

Teddy
2012-11-05, 12:21 PM
Well... Say, do the name "Valindrell" ring any bells to you?

LaZodiac
2012-11-05, 12:23 PM
"It does, and I had gathered from Adalhard's little hints that you all knew about my...connections, with him"

Ranger Mattos
2012-11-05, 12:24 PM
Carric shakes his hand. "Remember when you were kicked in the head by our friend Arcturus Silimun, and ended up here?"

LaZodiac
2012-11-05, 12:27 PM
Commander Theolon laughs, and says "Haha, yes, right. You're saying he did more then just nearly kill me with that?"

Ranger Mattos
2012-11-05, 12:36 PM
"Yes, quite a bit more."

LaZodiac
2012-11-05, 12:44 PM
"What exactly happened, then?"

Ranger Mattos
2012-11-05, 12:50 PM
"Well, it seems that sometimes when people enter the Shadowfell, a part of them may randomly split off. According to Felix, it's not terribly rare.

So when you got kicked into this plane, I came into existence."

LaZodiac
2012-11-05, 12:51 PM
"Interesting. Do you...know what I know?"

Ranger Mattos
2012-11-05, 12:53 PM
"I do not, actually. I only know what has happened to me since I... was born, if that's the correct term."

LaZodiac
2012-11-05, 12:54 PM
"Seems correct, at any rate. So, I take it one of the reasons you're here is to see about...well, remembering?"

Ranger Mattos
2012-11-05, 12:56 PM
"Yes, that is correct. I imagine that I have quite a bit to learn... remember... whatever. At this moment I'm more concerned with trying to wrap my mind around the fact that I'm talking to myself, face to face." Carric smiles slightly at that last sentence.

LaZodiac
2012-11-05, 12:59 PM
Commander Theolon smiles back "Don't worry, on that point you're not alone. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how we'd go about getting your memories back."

He then stops to think for a moment, and asks "And by the way, how did you learn his name? Valindrel's name is old knowledge, it'd be quite difficult to find it"

araveugnitsuga
2012-11-05, 01:03 PM
"A raven told us."

LaZodiac
2012-11-05, 01:36 PM
Commander Theolon thinks it over for a moment, then says "And what did this raven tell you, exactly? What does she want with me?"

Teddy
2012-11-05, 02:00 PM
Elden raises an eyebrow.
What she wants? You say it as if the Raven Queen is specifically out to get you. Why would that be?

Insight check: [roll0]

LaZodiac
2012-11-05, 02:04 PM
"I'd imagine it has something to do with my past. You probably already know this, but yes, I was a servent of Valindrel. Emphasis on was. I don't know what it is she would want for with me, be it good or ill, which was what I was trying to learn when I asked."

Elden: You can tell he's annoyed at Adalhard for beating around the bush, being vague and mysterious when he just wants a straight answer, but aside from that he seems to be sincere.

Teddy
2012-11-05, 04:34 PM
She only ever said one sentence regarding you: "Sniff him out and stop his plot", so you probably understand why we're approaching the subject with trepidation, seeing how little we knew of who you are. She also said that you hold one of Valindrell's phylacteries, which is what we seek.

DM:
And Elden wishes Adalhard would've been a bit less liberal with what he discloses. Especially when we're talking to the person whose plot we've been told to stop...

LaZodiac
2012-11-05, 04:46 PM
"I don't know what she could be talking about, but as for Valindrell's phylactery...I do, infact, have a piece of it. If you're searching for it, I can only assume the worst has happened, yes?"

Teddy
2012-11-05, 04:56 PM
Indeed. Arcturus' decendant dug into it but a few days ago. Valindrell is currently holding residence in Barricade where he's opened up a portal to the Far Realm, but he didn't seem very active. I think he's waiting for something...

LaZodiac
2012-11-05, 04:59 PM
"He's likely checking to see if his former servants are still alive. I'm surprised he hasn't tried to contact me yet. So you six are hunting throughout the planes, looking for the pieces of his phylactery? Interesting choice, taking on the Shadowfell first"

Blue Ghost
2012-11-05, 05:11 PM
Our mission is urgent, sir. We don't have time to be picky. We need the phylactery, and anything you may know about Valindrell, if you will help us. Please, can we go somewhere more discreet?

araveugnitsuga
2012-11-05, 05:19 PM
"I'm also rather interested in which of the two of you would rise victorious in a friendly bout."

LaZodiac
2012-11-05, 05:23 PM
"This place is discreet enough, no one is watching. I'd gladly give you the phylactery, if I could" Commander Theolon begins, taking off his right hand gauntlet. On the back of his hand, embeded in it, is a relatively large triangular shape. (sorry to break immersion but the best example I can give is that it's shaped like a pizza slice). The shard glows with a grayish white light. "This is one of the pieces. If I recall he called it a Planar Shard. I've never seen his phylactery in one piece, but from my understanding, each piece must be brought together. Unfortunately for you all, removing this will likely kill me." He stops, and takes a deep breath "However, when my work here is done, as it soon will be thanks to you six, I will give it to you"

He then turns to Adalhard, smirking a bit "Although that would be interesting, I'm afraid that'll be out of the question."

Blue Ghost
2012-11-05, 05:29 PM
Why would it kill you?

Arcana: [roll0]
Insight: [roll1]

araveugnitsuga
2012-11-05, 05:32 PM
"The Caissan King is probably not the last one able to rise to their top and Jarod is very much alive and probably will remain there until his eventual death which is not likely soon; not to mention Asterion and outliers are still very much healthy while it is the Draugen the one having to deal with internal betrayals apart from external threats.

What are you implying you will send us to do which will suddenly reverse this all?"

Teddy
2012-11-05, 05:36 PM
If you wonder why we ended up here, it's not because of choice, but rather the outcome of a desperate charge on your former employer after he'd managed to open the portal. He beat us all, scantly surprising, but the work of Pelor drew us here instead of to our graves. This was simply the best place to start looking in after that.

Say, do you know where any of the other phylactery pieces could be found, or did Valindrell leave you in the dark about them?

LaZodiac
2012-11-05, 06:24 PM
Why would it kill you?

Arcana: [roll0]
Insight: [roll1]

"It's like Adalhard implied. I've been alive for much, much longer than I should be. This Planar Shard keeps me alive." he answers

Juniper: You're fairly certain he's being truthfull, and although you're not 100% sure (you don't even know what a Planar Shard IS) you don't doubt it could do what he says it can.

Also, you can tell Felix appreciates the concern.

To Adalhard, Commander Theolon says "The Cult of Caissa is organizing their forces in one area, planning an attack. I will take the entire force of Draugen, and launch a pre emptive strike. My hope is that you six will head to the Caissan headquarters and take their King. He leads from the back, safely behind his honour guard. But I'm positive that you'll be able to take him out. Without their leader, the Caissan's will be thrown into disarray, easy pickings for us. The remaining factions in the city are strong, but nothing Felix won't be able to handle when I pass it on to her"

Felix looks a little sad after that last comment, and squeezes Juniper's arm back.

Finally, to Elden, Commander Theolon says "Unfortunately, no, I don't know of where the other pieces would be"

araveugnitsuga
2012-11-05, 06:41 PM
"Carric, is there something similar behind your glove as well?"

Blue Ghost
2012-11-05, 06:42 PM
Juniper nods eagerly. You can count on us. I won't rest until the cult is destroyed, and their vile trade in flesh ended.

LaZodiac
2012-11-05, 06:44 PM
Commander Theolon puts his gauntlet back on "That's quite good, Juniper. How about the rest of you?"

Teodor nods.

Carric: Obviously, there is no planar shard on your hand.

Juniper: Felix seem's a little sad about Commander Theolon, essentially, saying that when this is over he's going to die and give over command to her.

Blue Ghost
2012-11-05, 06:47 PM
Juniper squeezes Felix's arm again, giving her a reassuring smile. He whispers, Don't worry, it's all going to work out.

Ranger Mattos
2012-11-05, 07:43 PM
Carric takes off his glove, and holds up the back of his hand. There is quite clearly no planar shard there.

Teddy
2012-11-06, 03:19 AM
Elden ponders his thoughts for a moment.
You can count on me, sir.

araveugnitsuga
2012-11-06, 10:26 PM
DM:
Will the Caissans really be in disarray. Will the remaining factions fall easily. Will nobles remain in control of the Shadowfell.
[roll0]

LaZodiac
2012-11-07, 02:26 AM
DM:
Will the Caissans really be in disarray. Will the remaining factions fall easily. Will nobles remain in control of the Shadowfell.
[roll0]

Adalhard: You're fairly confident, based on what you know of organizations like the Cult of Caissa, that they will infact be crippled if their head is destroyed. As for the remaining factions, though you are not sure since you don't know them 100%, you're confident that Draugen will be able to mop them up after the Cult is destroyed.

As for the nobles, first of all (as I'm sure you're aware), you probably meant Gloomwrought, not Shadowfell (no one is in control of the Shadowfell). You are again fairly confident that Lord Jarod and the other lords of the city will be able to keep Gloomwrought under control.

araveugnitsuga
2012-11-10, 12:57 AM
Adalhard mumbles in Elvish:
"Gospodi, slova moi zamorozitʹ"
He then pats Ilya.

"May you find your peace, I cannot deny your request."

LaZodiac
2012-11-10, 01:01 AM
Woohoo, now we just need confirmation from Mattos and Moony and we can continue onwards.

Adalhard: What does that say? Also, how have you been, every time I've tried to talk to you you just said numbers.

MoonCat
2012-11-10, 08:11 PM
Confirm what?

LaZodiac
2012-11-10, 08:12 PM
Commander Theolon's mission for you guys.

Ranger Mattos
2012-11-10, 08:30 PM
Carric simply nods in confirmation.

MoonCat
2012-11-10, 11:48 PM
Yeah, sure.

LaZodiac
2012-11-11, 12:05 AM
"Good. Now Adalhard, while I tell the rest of the party where to go, find a safe place for your daughter." Commander Theolon says.

araveugnitsuga
2012-11-11, 12:09 AM
"Do you presume to relinquish yourself from my sword for the endeavour?"

LaZodiac
2012-11-11, 12:19 AM
Commander Theolon thinks for a moment "I...kind of figured you'd meet up with the rest of the group and head out together. But yes, good point. I'll tell you all now"

And he tells the party where to go, which I'll describe once I actually get the maps made. Hope you guys are ready for this :smallwink:

araveugnitsuga
2012-11-11, 12:28 AM
"Very well then Lupine Commander; I shall take leave to leave my leaf with someone with whom I can be assured she'll live."

Adalhard then goes along with Ilya to the Cathedral of the Raven Queen.

LaZodiac
2012-11-20, 04:53 AM
And thus I leave the map making dungeon, a map wrought of digital iron.
------------------------

You all follow Commander Theolon's directions, likely being as sneaky as possible. It takes you out of the city, a few miles away, off the beaten path to the north east. You find a relatively small building, which looks for all intent and perposes like a farm house. If you hadn't known this was the place, you're not sure you'd of even thought to look at it. Looking at it now you realize that there is no one working on the fields that it does have.

What shall you do?

Teddy
2012-11-20, 11:56 AM
So, that's their headquarter. With an organisation like theirs, it's no doubt they want to keep it discrete. Still, it's a bit too small for a group of that size. I bet it's much more extensive under ground.

Perception check: [roll0]
Arcana check: [roll1]
Religion check: [roll2]

Do the fields look tended to?

LaZodiac
2012-11-20, 12:01 PM
So, that's their headquarter. With an organisation like theirs, it's no doubt they want to keep it discrete. Still, it's a bit too small for a group of that size. I bet it's much more extensive under ground.

Perception check: [roll0]
Arcana check: [roll1]
Religion check: [roll2]

Do the fields look tended to?

Teddy: Yes, it actually looks quite well tended. It currently doesn't have anything growing, however.

As for your perception and arcana checks, although you don't specificly see anything, you do feel a slight emenation of magic coming from under ground. It's very faint, however. It seem's to be coming from the building.

Additionaly, as a reminder, Commander Theolon DID say that this was the Cult of Caissa's secret hideout where their leader can coordinate assaults. That's why it may be so small. Not saying you're wrong though :smallwink:

Teddy
2012-11-20, 05:47 PM
Yeah, like the generals would want to flock like a peasant family around the dinner table. :smallwink:

Yes, I can sense magic emanating from below ground. I can't say anything of its source, but it must at least be somewhat powerful to reach this far.

araveugnitsuga
2012-11-20, 09:50 PM
"We could plant a carrot, bleed a little on it and let it do the job."
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I miss the decanter of endless water so much, so many practical uses for underground dungeons.

MoonCat
2012-11-20, 11:01 PM
I thought Adalhard wasn't with us?

LaZodiac
2012-11-21, 12:31 AM
Naw, he left you guys, but then he joined up with you guys at this location.

Teddy
2012-11-21, 04:50 AM
And who do you think will be the harder to kill, a bunch of caissan generals, or a humongous mass-murdering carrot? That, and it would be hard to salvage any useful equipment from it afterwards.

araveugnitsuga
2012-11-21, 07:31 PM
"This farm is in the middle of nothing, quite far away from anything that matters, we could let the carrot be until this plane stop providing it with food.

But then proving they are dead would be a chore and it seems the only alternative is to do the time honoured tradition of systematically killing everything on the way while searching every cavity on the way for anything of worth.

Might as well knock, since stealth is of course not our weapon of choice and burning the barn house wouldn't get rid of the subterranean portion of it."

Teddy
2012-11-22, 09:57 AM
With our luck, it would probably unroot itself and set out on an interplanar journey to track us down anyway.

Elden moves up to the door, staying wary of his surroundings.

Perception check: 1d20+ derp

Teddy
2012-11-22, 09:58 AM
Perception check: [roll0]

LaZodiac
2012-11-22, 01:16 PM
You move up to the door, and nothing bad happens.

Elden: You don't hear or see, or even smell anything. As far as you're aware, you're all perfectly safe.

araveugnitsuga
2012-11-22, 01:39 PM
"Indeed, sometimes I forget how this universe has a certain predilection for us. On the other hand, I know several persons willing to pay for a gigantic moving vegetable.

Any traps on the door?"

DM:
Arcana Check:
[roll0]

LaZodiac
2012-11-22, 01:40 PM
"Indeed, sometimes I forget how this universe has a certain predilection for us. On the other hand, I know several persons willing to pay for a gigantic moving vegetable.

Any traps on the door?"

DM:
Arcana Check:
[roll0]

Adalhard: You can feel quite a bit of magic coming from inside the house, and underneath it. You can sense it enough that you can tell it's anti scrying enchantments. Seems he's come prepared.

MoonCat
2012-11-22, 04:28 PM
It's not going to turn out you're related to the giant killer carrot, right? I mean, considering...

Teddy
2012-11-22, 04:42 PM
No.

Elden opens the door to prevent yet another inflammatory discussion.

araveugnitsuga
2012-11-22, 04:43 PM
"I wouldn't know, but I'm sure I wouldn't try experimenting on finding a carrot top brother for Ilya."

LaZodiac
2012-11-22, 04:59 PM
Elden, as you and (presumably) the party open the door, you find what looks like a relatively normal house. It's got tables, chairs, places to relax, all that stuff that you'd find in a regular farmer's house. However, you're all so very perceptive, you notice that underneath the dining room table is a covered up hatch, about as big as a person.

araveugnitsuga
2012-11-22, 05:35 PM
Adalhard runs Almacia into his hand repeatedly as the blade reappears over the hatch, going through it several times.

LaZodiac
2012-11-22, 05:38 PM
Adalhard's sword cuts at the hatch, making the sound of sword clashing againest wood. Nothing happens.

Blue Ghost
2012-11-22, 05:42 PM
Before we go down, perhaps we should look around aboveground first? Bast, perhaps you should make a round?

araveugnitsuga
2012-11-22, 05:42 PM
Adalhard runs the sword into his hand at an angle to force the hatch open from a distance.

LaZodiac
2012-11-22, 05:44 PM
Adalhard does so, and the hatch creek's only a crack, before closing again once the sword is removed. Nothing happens.