PDA

View Full Version : [3.PF] Those bloody 1st level noobs: Well, You start in an alley [IC]



rorikdude12
2012-10-21, 07:55 PM
You have been told of an opportunity to overthrow the Wicked King. Through whispers, you've found the alley-way.

A man in a cloak motions for you to follow him as he opens a door hidden under a rubbish heap.

The door is open. But will you take it? Who are these other folk in the alley? What level are they? Most importantly: Can their stuff be looted?

And who are you?

PhilMeyer
2012-10-21, 08:15 PM
I am a gunslinger. Cassie (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=410609)takes out her pistol, loads it, and stands ready.

sournote103
2012-10-21, 08:23 PM
Rikuto (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=451072) couldn't help but grin at the opportunity which had presented itself; overthrow an evil overlord? Save thousands of people's lives? Revel in the attention he'd get afterwards? Sold. Sure, it might be dangerous, but everything fun holds some danger.
As he followed the directions of the cloaked man, Rikuto plucked the notes to a simple song on his lute.

shugyosha
2012-10-21, 08:25 PM
Maunakeya (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=451165)

An elven figure steps forward with confidence. She (or he) is cloaked in red.

rorikdude12
2012-10-21, 08:53 PM
The cloaked man is angry at the introduction and dilly-dallying. He was never one for such dramatic things.

"Hurry, before the guard finds us!", he says in a frenetic whisper. "Down the hatch!"

PhilMeyer
2012-10-21, 09:00 PM
Cassandra is nervous, but you never get ahead without taking a few chances. What the hell.

She heads down the hatch.

Blue Lantern
2012-10-22, 02:40 AM
Roku (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=460146)

Another cloaked imposing, aloof and clearly not human figure with a glowing halo inside the hood steps in the alley.
Behind it an human head appears, darting his eyes nervously, at the frantic whisper of the first man he hurries, keeping his guardian at his side.
What the hell am I thinking

rorikdude12
2012-10-22, 04:39 AM
The man stands there, holding the hatch open. He seems to be very scared of the possible repercussions of his actions, as well as the restrings and rewoodwinds.

Cassandra goes down the hatch. It's very dark as she lands with an *oomph* on what feels like hay.

sournote103
2012-10-22, 07:03 AM
Calling down after those who had already entered the hatch, Rikuto said, joking as much as he was serious, "Careful there, gunslinger. Wouldn't want anyone as cute as you to get herself hurt." With that, he hopped down the hatch himself, attempting to land on his feet.

Acrobatics - [roll0]

shugyosha
2012-10-22, 09:12 AM
Maunakeya

The androgynous elf follows down the hatch. Without much graces she lands on her backside in the hay. "Well that was a little embarrassing "

Blue Lantern
2012-10-22, 12:48 PM
Roku descended last, almost tripping on himself for the hurry, his faithful eidolon right beside him.
"Ho! This is so much fun" said to no one in particular, voce dripping sarcasm.

PhilMeyer
2012-10-22, 03:45 PM
Cassie can't see in the dark, but does her best to scope out her surroundings.


I can't seem to access my sheet, but I think its +3...
Perception: [roll0]
Looking for a light source to head towards, or listening for anything worth hearing.

rorikdude12
2012-10-22, 04:00 PM
Cassie doesn't hear much, but she is in a heap in the hay. She's also at the bottom of the people-heap.

---------------------

The hatch closes quietly, and you hear the man whisper from ahead, "Follow me!" He holds a sunrod to light the way.

Blue Lantern
2012-10-22, 04:15 PM
After districating themselves from the heap of bodies Roku murmured to himself.
"good start indeed"
He looked at the darkness an telepatically asked his companion.
What do you see

myth-weavers seems down, I hope I remember the bonus correctly.
Elidon perception 1d20+12
He also has Darkvision

sournote103
2012-10-22, 04:16 PM
Rikuto brushed the hay off of his clothing and followed the man with the sunrod down the tunnel. As he did so, he kept his eye out for anything of interest.

[roll0]

Blue Lantern
2012-10-22, 04:22 PM
"Damn I can't even get a roll straight"

[roll0]
I couldn't resist :smalltongue: I can't seem to manage to do a roll the first time

PhilMeyer
2012-10-22, 04:29 PM
Quite, you fools.

Cassie moves a silently as she can in the direction of the sunrod.

rorikdude12
2012-10-22, 05:22 PM
"Damn I can't even get a roll straight"

[roll0]
I couldn't resist :smalltongue: I can't seem to manage to do a roll the first time

You see a long stone passageway. The passage was cut very crudely, almost like goblin or kobold craftsmanship.

shugyosha
2012-10-22, 08:16 PM
Maunakeya

"The lack of illumination in this umbral environment is completely unnecessary," the elven mage says. LIGHT

"Now where is this mysterious stranger offering us an opportunity.""


casting light obviously

rorikdude12
2012-10-23, 05:38 PM
Maunakeya

"The lack of illumination in this umbral environment is completely unnecessary," the elven mage says. LIGHT

"Now where is this mysterious stranger offering us an opportunity.""


casting light obviously

All can now see that they are traveling through a poorly made tunnel. It is rather boring.

The cloaked figure looks behind towards the elf.

"I'm up here, long-eared ninny. C'mon, I haven't got time for dilly-dallying."

He leads up through the corridor and into a 20' by 20' room. He waits for you to follow.

sournote103
2012-10-23, 05:53 PM
Rikuto followed the cloaked figure into the room with a grandiose flourish. As he did so, he glanced around the room for anything of interest or note.

[roll0]

shugyosha
2012-10-23, 06:17 PM
Maunakeya

The insulted elf follows the brutish cad into the room.

Blue Lantern
2012-10-24, 03:01 AM
Roku enter hurriedly in the room, looking around while posting himself in a, hopfully, safe corner.
Check the room. he asked his eodolon.

Perception: [roll0]
Eidolon Perception [roll1]

PhilMeyer
2012-10-24, 12:09 PM
Cassie goes in as well.

OOC: Until we actually get somewhere interesting, we can consider her on "auto-follow". :smallwink:

sournote103
2012-10-24, 02:49 PM
"Well, we're all here. What now?"

rorikdude12
2012-10-24, 03:16 PM
Blue Lantern is the only one who may see this spoiler
You see a hidden door on each wall.

Everyone roll Initiative, except Blue Lantern, who automatically goes first and gets a surprise round.

[roll0]


The door slams shut. The cloaked man throws off his cloak, revealing himself to be a CAPTAIN OF THE GUARD!

"Now you die as traitors to the Empire of Ash!"

Several doors most did not see before open up, revealing four guards coming out of each wall.

PhilMeyer
2012-10-24, 03:19 PM
Initiative:[roll0]

sournote103
2012-10-24, 04:20 PM
"Oh good, we're rolling initiative. I was definitely hoping that would happen right now."

[roll0]

shugyosha
2012-10-24, 04:23 PM
Maunakeya

Surprised at what is going on the elf surveys the area.


How far are they to Maunakeya? Anyone between the elf and the guards?
[roll0] init

PhilMeyer
2012-10-24, 04:24 PM
"I'm not complaining. Rolling initiative means that I am at most a few minutes away from loot. Well, either from loot or from being dead. One of those two."

shugyosha
2012-10-24, 07:02 PM
Maunakeya

The lofty elf clears ?his? throat before starting on an exposition, "Excuse me are you sure this is correct. I mean 13 [4 per wall assuming not from the wall whose door we came through plus the Captain of the Guard] does not seem to be a level appropriate encounter."


Maunakeya looks at the blank and confused faces and sighs. "There are 12 of you guards. You all are creatures whose hit dice are solely a factor of their class levels and not a feature of their race need to have at least one class level even if it an NPC level. Assuming you were all level 1 warriors that would make your group of 12 a CR of 5 which is more than an 'Epic" encounter at our starting level. This says nothing of the fact we have the Captain of the Guard who should be at least a level 4 NPC if not 6 given the size of this city."

Turning to her companions, "So you see that this encounter we are supposed to lose so that it drives whatever plot we need. Admittedly this is a bit of railroading but it is the only..."

Looking at the impatient and angry stares Maunakeya meekly finishes, "Oh yes, surprise round... never mind."

rorikdude12
2012-10-25, 04:56 AM
Maunakeya

The lofty elf clears ?his? throat before starting on an exposition, "Excuse me are you sure this is correct. I mean 13 [4 per wall assuming not from the wall whose door we came through plus the Captain of the Guard] does not seem to be a level appropriate encounter."


Maunakeya looks at the blank and confused faces and sighs. "There are 12 of you guards. You all are creatures whose hit dice are solely a factor of their class levels and not a feature of their race need to have at least one class level even if it an NPC level. Assuming you were all level 1 warriors that would make your group of 12 a CR of 5 which is more than an 'Epic" encounter at our starting level. This says nothing of the fact we have the Captain of the Guard who should be at least a level 4 NPC if not 6 given the size of this city."

Turning to her companions, "So you see that this encounter we are supposed to lose so that it drives whatever plot we need. Admittedly this is a bit of railroading but it is the only..."

Looking at the impatient and angry stares Maunakeya meekly finishes, "Oh yes, surprise round... never mind."

Four of the guards run in terror at the long exposition, their ears bleeding profusely. Six more kill themselves, not wanting to deal with the exposition.

The Captain of the Guard looks flabbergasted.
"Elven fiend! You've killed ten of my men!"

PhilMeyer
2012-10-25, 08:29 AM
"Well, there goes my suspension of disbelief."

sournote103
2012-10-25, 08:41 AM
"Well at least now we know that the elf is good for something. Beyond sitting there looking pretty, obviously."

Blue Lantern
2012-10-25, 08:44 AM
"Who knew, things got well for once, will not last, the universe hate us" murmured the Summoner just as a white furred dog appeared out of thin air.
And since tecnically he was the first to act screamed "It's a trap!!! ...damn, I hate playing Calamar Head."


Summon Monster I (Celestial Dog) between me and the nearest guard in attack position, eidolon moves near the captain and attack, flakning if possible.

Celestial Dog Attack: [roll0] Damage: [roll1]
Eidolon Attack: [roll2] Damage: [roll3]

shugyosha
2012-10-25, 10:32 AM
Maunakeya

"Hmmm... that was unexpected. I don't think Deadly Exposition was a first level feat."

Blue Lantern
2012-10-25, 10:49 AM
"Look at the bright side. If you pull through now can qualify for the Annoying rulelawyer PrC."

rorikdude12
2012-10-25, 03:47 PM
"Look at the bright side. If you pull through now can qualify for the Annoying rulelawyer PrC."

Confirm your crit. And factor extra damage.

Blue Lantern
2012-10-26, 02:35 AM
Yea a natural 20, I didn't even notice... My brain must be on strike this days.
[roll0][roll1]

rorikdude12
2012-10-26, 03:48 PM
The eidolon tackles the guard captain and rips out a large part of his intestinal tract. A floating number above his head says -3 HP

shugyosha
2012-10-26, 10:18 PM
Maunakeya

Seeing it was her moment of action the elf calls for her arcane power, "COLOR SPRAY"


Move to a spot where she can get the two remained guards within the 15' cone.
Standard action: cast color spray DC 16

PhilMeyer
2012-10-26, 10:30 PM
Cassie can't friggen wait to fire her pistol. She gets chills in anticipation.


Attempting to shoot someone who is not in melee and is within 20ft. This shot then targets the touch AC of the enemy. She'll move forward if necessary to get the shot.
ATK: [roll0]
DAM:[roll1]


The gunslinger's excitement gets the better of her, and even at this close range has a difficult time keeping the gun steady enough to hit the target.

OOC: If she didn't have to move, take a move action to reload.

rorikdude12
2012-10-27, 12:40 PM
Cassie fires, misses, then reloads.

[roll0]
[roll1]

The two remaining guards are unconscious, blind, and many other status effects.

Blue Lantern
2012-10-27, 01:14 PM
"Hey we did it" exclaimed Roku, and then murmuring to himself "Who would have thought."
Turning to the others said "So what should we do with those" waving at the unconscious guards and the bleeding captain "It's not like we can slit their throats being Good an all. Wait, are we all Good?"
Note to self get a couple of scrolls of Peek Character Sheet

shugyosha
2012-10-27, 01:39 PM
Maunakeya

"Well nothing precludes us from looting the bodies," Maunakeya says as she begins to go through the captains clothes.

rorikdude12
2012-10-27, 03:17 PM
Maunakeya

"Well nothing precludes us from looting the bodies," Maunakeya says as she begins to go through the captains clothes.

The captain has two mud-brown glittery potions, as well as twenty gold pieces in a coinpurse. He also has a greatsword and a dagger, as well as three javelins. He also has clothes and a chain shirt.

shugyosha
2012-10-27, 05:07 PM
Maunakeya

The elf pockets the gold and potions. The other things are too heavy. The continues to search for papers of identification, a badge, or anything that might show his rank and authority.

sournote103
2012-10-27, 05:31 PM
"Ooh, a chain shirt... Dibs!"

rorikdude12
2012-10-27, 05:44 PM
Maunakeya

The elf pockets the gold and potions. The other things are too heavy. The continues to search for papers of identification, a badge, or anything that might show his rank and authority.

Maunkeya finds a signet ring that has the Guard Emblem, a phoenix. It signifies the guard has a rank of Captain, meaning he can operate freely within the city of his jurisdiction. This is anything from murder to theft to press-ganging.

Rikuto gets the chain shirt.

Blue Lantern
2012-10-27, 05:52 PM
"Come on, did you at least check if he's dead yet? Am I the only one who roleplay here?" after a brief pause "That gold by the way, we will split it."

shugyosha
2012-10-27, 05:57 PM
Maunakeya

"Check the other bodies."

Blue Lantern
2012-10-28, 09:39 AM
"Fine" he grunted to the elf, waking to toward the other bodies gesturing to the eidolon to come. "Let's check those."

rorikdude12
2012-10-29, 06:04 AM
"Fine" he grunted to the elf, waking to toward the other bodies gesturing to the eidolon to come. "Let's check those."

Each of the other guard bodies has a potion of Cur Light Wounds, 2 gold pieces, chainmail, a great-sword, a dagger, and 3 javelins.

Blue Lantern
2012-10-29, 09:25 AM
Each of the other guard bodies has a potion of Cur Light Wounds, 2 gold pieces, chainmail, a great-sword, a dagger, and 3 javelins.

"Good" mumured pocketing the money and potions "Anyone needs any of this?" waving at the weaponry

shugyosha
2012-10-29, 05:17 PM
Maunakeya

"I have his signet ring and 20 gold, how about you?" the elf says ready to leave.

Blue Lantern
2012-10-30, 01:30 PM
"12 golds, a couple of potions..." said the Summoner rising "... and all this weaponry, that seems pretty much useless." then looking the elf in the eyes "Maybe we should have this discussion in a safer place... Wherever that is..." he added in a murmur.

shugyosha
2012-10-30, 02:53 PM
Maunakeya

"Yes, let's go," the elf says with a nod and heads back the way they came in.

rorikdude12
2012-11-01, 05:31 AM
Maunakeya heads back out into the dark alleyway. There's nobody but a dumpster to keep you company.

sournote103
2012-11-01, 06:39 AM
"In lieu of anything in this alleyway, I propose we head to a tavern. Or brothel. They would obviously never think to look for us there."

shugyosha
2012-11-01, 08:43 AM
Maunakeya

Looking at the new companion, the elf says, "Lead the way."

Blue Lantern
2012-11-01, 04:08 PM
"Oh yes, obviously." Roku added, the turned to the eidolon "thanks for your help, I'll call you when I need you." then with a few gesture and words and a swirling light and the caped figure was gone; turning to the others he said hurriedly "Better get going before attracting any more attention."

Dismiss the eidolon.

rorikdude12
2012-11-01, 06:54 PM
"Oh yes, obviously." Roku added, the turned to the eidolon "thanks for your help, I'll call you when I need you." then with a few gesture and words and a swirling light and the caped figure was gone; turning to the others he said hurriedly "Better get going before attracting any more attention."

Dismiss the eidolon.

Maunkeya watches the caped figure be dismissed in a puff of logic.

shugyosha
2012-11-02, 03:16 AM
Maunakeya

The elf will follow either of the two to a tavern or inn to discuss what they have been through

OCC: I guess we can bump to the next scene.

rorikdude12
2012-11-02, 07:51 AM
You enter a nearby brick tavern, filled with adventurers. The smell of tanning oil, fresh bread, urine, and good beer fill your noses. A man with a black cloak sits in a corner by himself, and is given the occasional fearful glance by the patrons.

shugyosha
2012-11-02, 09:54 PM
Maunakeya

"Let me begin by introducing myself. I am Maunakeya, practitioner of the arcane arts. I came to this city hoping to hone my skills in the weird ways."

sournote103
2012-11-02, 09:56 PM
"Well, hello, there Maunakeya. Rikuto Minoru. Bet I can help you find some new 'weird ways' to investigate, if you catch my drift," replied the bard with a sly grin and a wink.

Blue Lantern
2012-11-03, 02:22 PM
"Hrr..." Roku lanced a disgusted glance at the bard, the added "I am Roku, a Summoner, I am here because it should be a good place to make some experience..."

sournote103
2012-11-03, 02:55 PM
"Oh, relax, Roku," replied the bard, sticking his tongue out at the perturbed summoner. "It's called 'a joke.' I know you summoners don't get out much but surely you've heard of them before?"

Blue Lantern
2012-11-03, 04:00 PM
"I do... one of my dogs explained to me, and he did a better job of it..."

shugyosha
2012-11-05, 05:53 PM
Maunakeya


"Well, hello, there Maunakeya. Rikuto Minoru. Bet I can help you find some new 'weird ways' to investigate, if you catch my drift," replied the bard with a sly grin and a wink.

The elf gives a curious look at Rikuto.

"Well does either of you have any idea of what to do next? Or shall we employ the typical trope of the mysterious stranger in the corner'"" Maunakeya says and points to the cloaked figure.

sournote103
2012-11-05, 05:54 PM
"Stranger in the corner sounds good to me. Tag along if you feel like it."

rorikdude12
2012-11-05, 06:45 PM
"Stranger in the corner sounds good to me. Tag along if you feel like it."

A sullen middle-aged gnomish barmaid walks up to you.

"If you're not buying as drink, the Transient Adventurer fee is twelve gold pieces. You can't just come in here and get free quests while staying sober."

sournote103
2012-11-05, 06:47 PM
"Oh, all right then. How much are you charging for a mug of ale?"

OOC: Is a mug of ale the correct term? I don't even know I don't pay attention to alcohol in fantasy stories becausE WHAT IS THE POINT.

rorikdude12
2012-11-05, 06:51 PM
"Oh, all right then. How much are you charging for a mug of ale?"

OOC: Is a mug of ale the correct term? I don't even know I don't pay attention to alcohol in fantasy stories becausE WHAT IS THE POINT.

"Adventurers pay four copper."

I don't care what term. I just try to add ambiance. Sorry. :smallfrown:

sournote103
2012-11-05, 06:53 PM
All right, then, let's go with that."

I don't care what term. I just try to add ambiance. Sorry. :smallfrown:
Eh, I'm just being neurotic. As usual for me.

rorikdude12
2012-11-05, 06:56 PM
All right, then, let's go with that."

Eh, I'm just being neurotic. As usual for me.

She takes the copper and goes off to serve more drinks.

Ralasha
2012-11-05, 11:54 PM
A famished halfling enters the inn, and looks around suspiciously before heading over to the bar, at which point she climbs, albeit clumsily, up onto a stool. "Food please, I just lost my lunch to the water down at the docks."

shugyosha
2012-11-06, 12:45 PM
Maunakeya


A sullen middle-aged gnomish barmaid walks up to you.

"If you're not buying as drink, the Transient Adventurer fee is twelve gold pieces. You can't just come in here and get free quests while staying sober."

"My pardons. I would take a tankard of meed if you have," the elf says with a whimsical hand gesture.

Servalynn

The comely woman enters the tavern and surveys the room. Sitting next to her halfling companion. "I have a strange feeling about this place. Those three over there," she says and points with a nod to the table with the human, elf and kitsune.

Loki_42
2012-11-06, 05:21 PM
Tork

Tork enters the new threadtavern and sits next to his companions. "Get me some food, too, whatever you're bringing the halfling."

Turning to Servalynn, he says "What about them?"

rorikdude12
2012-11-07, 06:27 AM
The gnomish barmaid brings the halfling and Tork food, and brings Servalynn mead.

"Four copper for the mead, three copper for each meal."

Loki_42
2012-11-07, 03:22 PM
Tork

Tork places his money on the counter and begins eating his food.

Ralasha
2012-11-07, 04:32 PM
The halfling accidentally puts the 3 copper down the barmaid's dress without looking and immediately begins to eat.

Blue Lantern
2012-11-07, 05:07 PM
"I'll take some wine, thank you." said Rupert not presting much attention. He was concentrated on the three figures that just entered, obviously not commoners. "wonder what will they be, friends or a rival group."

shugyosha
2012-11-07, 08:04 PM
Maunakeya

The elf hands over the coins and then looks at her companions, "We should find some work before those three do first. One of you should talk to the hooded figure in the corner."

Servalynn

Placing some coin on the bar she asks for a meal as well. Leaning in to her new friends. "This is an adventure's tavern and those three must be adventures. They could be friend or foe... So how would you like to approach them?"

Ralasha
2012-11-07, 08:06 PM
Suki raises an eyebrow. "That depends on how they act if we approach. Though personally... in an alley, with our weapons out."

sournote103
2012-11-07, 08:08 PM
"Uuuuuuugh fine... I'm such a team player that I'll go talk to the man in the corner when there are so many attractive people to sedu- uh... talk to elsewhere."
With that, Rikuto walked off to go talk to the man in the corner.

"So, you're wearing a cloak in a shady corner of an in... If I'm correct, that means you're looking for some adventurers. Is that right?"

shugyosha
2012-11-08, 12:18 PM
Maunakeya

The elf nods and is thankful that someone else is doing the talking.

Servalynn

"That one is going to the mysterious figure in the dark. I think they are going to get a jump on us for a job." She gets up from her bar stool and adds "I'm going to check what's going on."

Leaving her new friends she heads to the corner, "Hello there mysterious stranger."

Blue Lantern
2012-11-08, 01:49 PM
"What he's complaining about... he is a bard, it's not like he is good at anything else." muttered between himself.

Ralasha
2012-11-08, 04:59 PM
Suki makes an obscene gesture to the back of the person walking away.

rorikdude12
2012-11-09, 04:44 PM
Leaving her new friends she heads to the corner, "Hello there mysterious stranger."

"Shove off! I don't work overtime, y'know. Go find the mysterious stranger in another bar, this is my sick day."

shugyosha
2012-11-11, 12:28 AM
Servalynn

"Well, I thought you might like some company," she replies as charm as she can.


[roll0] diplomacy

rorikdude12
2012-11-11, 07:57 AM
Servalynn

"Well, I thought you might like some company," she replies as charm as she can.


[roll0] diplomacy


"Eh. Alright. You can sit here. Whaddya want?"

shugyosha
2012-11-11, 10:54 AM
Servalynn

Sliding into the seat next to him she says, "I am Servalynn and a very new to this city. And you seem to be a man who knows the goings on in this place. So maybe you can help me out. You know get my bearing on the happenings of this city."

rorikdude12
2012-11-11, 03:43 PM
Servalynn

Sliding into the seat next to him she says, "I am Servalynn and a very new to this city. And you seem to be a man who knows the goings on in this place. So maybe you can help me out. You know get my bearing on the happenings of this city."

He chuckles.

"It's crap. There's tales of a resistance, but I doubt it. I've heard there are ambushes disguised as rebel recruitment, though. Sting operations, they call them. And, well, there's the dragon the army barely keeps at bay, along with the undead five hundred miles from our gates. There used to be high-level adventurers, but the emperor slaughtered them with his army of first-level warriors. Anyway, that's just how it goes."

shugyosha
2012-11-12, 12:10 AM
Servalynn

"Why is did the emperor kill off all the adventures? What is he afraid of?"

rorikdude12
2012-11-12, 06:05 AM
Servalynn

"Why is did the emperor kill off all the adventures? What is he afraid of?"

"Being deposed, probably. Most evil emperors are."

shugyosha
2012-11-12, 01:10 PM
Servalynn

"We're in an evil empire?" she says rather surprised. "I'm sorry for sounding so naive, I just found myself in a barrel on a boat less than an hour ago. So what makes this place evil? Is he oppressing the people?"

rorikdude12
2012-11-12, 04:43 PM
Servalynn

"We're in an evil empire?" she says rather surprised. "I'm sorry for sounding so naive, I just found myself in a barrel on a boat less than an hour ago. So what makes this place evil? Is he oppressing the people?"

"Well, every month, one percent of the population is sent to go fight the goblins and the undead and such. If they die, they're turned into undead to fight the undead at our borders. People are also rather heavily taxed, and the guards aren't well managed, and don't have to pay any attention to the law. I think it's at least a bit evil."

shugyosha
2012-11-13, 03:06 PM
Servalynn

"Yes, I see. That is pretty evil. So this emperor is the sole power here. Does he have any notable minions?" Servalynn continues to asks and looks at the Kitsune to see if she has anything to say.

Maunakeya

It looks like our bard is letting that human do all the talking. You think we should get to know the other two?" she asks Roku.

rorikdude12
2012-11-13, 05:11 PM
Servalynn

"Yes, I see. That is pretty evil. So this emperor is the sole power here. Does he have any notable minions?" Servalynn continues to ask

"Yes. The feared captain of the Guard, an ever-present near-omniscient man. Some say he's a sorcerer of immense power. I think he's a master thief turned to the law."

Loki_42
2012-11-13, 06:17 PM
Tork

Tork sighs as he finishes his drink. "Well, I guess I should go talk to those other guys. It'll probably be easier on the DM if we just group up." He walks over to the other table. "Hello, the names Tork, who are you guys?"

Ralasha
2012-11-13, 10:48 PM
Tirena doesn't answer, mainly because she is at the bar, and doing so would be a violation of RP rules.

shugyosha
2012-11-15, 01:58 PM
Maunakeya

"I am Maunakeya, and this is Roku. We are both conjurers. While I study the arcane arts in all its forms he as focused his disciplines on the art of summoning. We are looking for adventure to expand our horizons and knowledge," the elf says as a way of introduction.

Servalynn

She nods in understanding, "So what does an adventurer to do to get some experience? Is a dungeon crawl somewhere?"

Ralasha
2012-11-15, 03:05 PM
The halfling glances at Tork, and then the elf. "I am Tirena. Isn't a torc a metal binding usually marking rank of some type?"

Loki_42
2012-11-16, 06:28 PM
Tork nods to the halfling, before saying, "Ah, but you'll notice I spell my name with a 'k'. Easy mistake to make though. I too am a mage, though I seek to meld my arcane might with my steel. I'm a Magus.

shugyosha
2012-11-17, 11:53 AM
Maunakeya


The halfling glances at Tork, and then the elf. "I am Tirena. Isn't a torc a metal binding usually marking rank of some type?"

"I thought it was force times the lever arm..."


Tork nods to the halfling, before saying, "Ah, but you'll notice I spell my name with a 'k'. Easy mistake to make though. I too am a mage, though I seek to meld my arcane might with my steel. I'm a Magus.

"A magus huh? Well it always nice to meet someone who will be standing in front of me," the elf says. "Well, when our bard returns we can figure what our next move will be."

sournote103
2012-11-17, 11:58 AM
Rikuto stumbled over towards his allies, very clearly drunk.
"Hey guys, I think that ale was stronger than what I'm used to, because I think I kind of blacked out standing up..."
With that he passed out in a heap on the floor.

Ralasha
2012-11-17, 10:24 PM
Maunakeya"I thought it was force times the lever arm..."
"No, that one is spelt torque."

Blue Lantern
2012-11-18, 04:37 AM
"Pleasure..." responded Roku laconic, he was putting up a mental list:
"Ambushed in an alley, check."
"Meet adventurers in a tavern, check... we actually managed to avoid and play straight that one."
"Evil Empire, check"
...
"Ragtag bunch of misfit, check", added after seeing the bard making fool of himself and
"It seems the festival of bad cliche, maybe we should fing a black guy to die first... and someone forgot to ask for a cleric."
Non sequitur followed.
"What a mess..."

Ralasha
2012-11-18, 04:41 AM
The halfling reads his list: "Wait, we don't have a cleric?"

Blue Lantern
2012-11-18, 04:46 AM
"What, you read minds... I was thinking that... Maybe we should avoid shatter the fourth wall before we even start"
"Amateurs"

That was cool :smallbiggrin:, but for the records Italics is usually for thoughts

Ralasha
2012-11-18, 04:49 AM
"Too late, we already did that before. Then we somehow telported into this tavern... I think. "

shugyosha
2012-11-19, 07:03 PM
Maunakeya


The halfling reads his list: "Wait, we don't have a cleric?"

"We do have our inebriated bard there on the floor. He should be good for a few Cure Light Wound spells."

Ralasha
2012-11-21, 07:06 AM
The halflings expressions is doubtful "Is he always so drunk?"

shugyosha
2012-11-21, 11:18 AM
Maunakeya

The elf walks over and picks up the inebriated kitsune and brings him back to the table, "I don't know we just met." Once he is sat down, the elf splashes water in his face, "Hey you okay?"

shugyosha
2012-11-26, 06:39 PM
Servalynn

The comely woman returns to the table and with a flourish of her cloak she sits. "Looks like our friendly Kitsune can't hold his beer. I have something for that." She reaches in her belt and produces a small vial of brownish red liquid. She forces down his throat and says with a smile, "It's a potion of cure inebriation."

Addressing all at the table, “Well, I got what I could from the mysterious stranger in the corner. He says this city and kingdom is as evil and vile as they come. It is ruled by Emperor Golgath and his ministers. Apparently this place is an arcanarch; each minister is supposed be a powerful mage. Anyway, the laws here are oppressive and the officials corrupt. Dissident are forced into slavery. Well dissidents and even innocent people are forced into slavery.

Also be careful, apparently the government setup fake rebel recruitment to catch dissidents and other people are disenfranchised. “

Maunakeya

“Yes, we were party to that experience. The captain was easy enough to dispatch though,” the elf says with confidence.

Servalynn

“Don’t be too sure of yourself elf, the captain of the guard is supposed to be an adept sorcerer.”

Servalynn continues, “This kingdom seems to be at constant war with an undead horde to the east and a dragon to the north.

Anyway, he says the best way to gain quick experience is the sewers. There is an entrance to down the alley across the way.”

Ralasha
2012-11-26, 07:47 PM
The dragon may prove to be a useful ally.

sournote103
2012-11-26, 07:48 PM
"Oh god damn it," grumbled Rikuto, clearly not in the best of moods. "What was even in that ale? Who puts that much alcohol in a drink? Besides Dwarves. Obviously.

Ralasha
2012-11-26, 07:54 PM
She looks over at the Bard Rising Elves, halflings, gnomes and some humans... for starters. I bring to account, Elven Mead, which is quite potent.

shugyosha
2012-11-27, 10:30 AM
Servalynn

"Well, I can find out more about this dragon while the rest of you head to the sewers, if you want?" she offers and then leans back in her chair.

Loki_42
2012-11-28, 09:10 PM
Tork looks toward Servalynn. "Oh, joy, the sewers. I'm sure I'll catch hold of the great secrets of the universe down there."

Ralasha
2012-11-28, 09:15 PM
"Somehow I'm sure all we'll find are the towns dirty secrets."

shugyosha
2012-11-29, 12:18 AM
Maunakeya

The elf looks around the asks, "Shall we go to the sewers then?"


If there are no objections I will move the group to the sewers.

Blue Lantern
2012-11-29, 04:50 PM
"An alley, a tavern and now the sewers, but if no one sees another option."
Roku agreed with the rest of the group.

sournote103
2012-11-29, 05:01 PM
"Eugh. Fine. I guess the sewers are fine, if a bit... drab."

shugyosha
2012-11-29, 09:22 PM
The five start to head out of the Scrapwood Tavern, as a group of soldiers come in. They pay no mind to them.

Walking around the corner in the alleyway is a circular plate on the ground. Moving it aside is a ladder going down...

Once down in the sewers the group finds it dank, dark, and smelly.

Maunakeya

"Light," the elf says. There is a now a 30 foot radius of light centered on the elf. "Which way?"


Marching order please.

Ralasha
2012-11-29, 09:45 PM
"A straight line would be best, no? At least for now."

Blue Lantern
2012-11-30, 06:08 PM
"Well, I'll take the rear if you don't mind... and even if you do."

Ralasha
2012-11-30, 06:11 PM
"I'm fine with that, it'll let us know if anything decides to stalk and attack from behind. Unless it kills quietly, but on the off chance something does kill you, could you at least make a screaming noise to let us know? Because that would be great, thanks." She then begins walking off down the tunnel.

sournote103
2012-11-30, 06:11 PM
"Yeah... I'll stick next to the summoner."

shugyosha
2012-11-30, 07:31 PM
The group marches single file lead by their short but brave halfling. The sewer branch quickly leads to a larger tunnel that is 10 feet wide.

The elf's magical like is barely enough to the group to navigate by. The water is shallow, less than a foot or so deep. The group continues wondering what sort of experience may be gain from the awful place.

There is a piece of drift wood in the tunnel and everyone pays no mind to it until it leaps at Tork.


[roll0]target: Tork
[roll1] to hit
[roll2] grapple
[roll3] damage


The jaws of the crocodile digs into Tork's leg and pulls him into the shallow water.

{table=head]Map
{table=head]X | A | B | C | D |
1 | x | - | - | x |
2 | x | - | - | x |
3 | x | Ro | - | x |
4 | x | Ri | M | x |
5 | x | Ti | To | x |
6 | x | - | C | x |
7 | x | - | - | x |
8 | x | - | - | x |
9 | x | - | - | x |
[/table][/table]

M = Maunakeya
Ro = Roku
Ri = Rikuto
Ti = Tirena
To = Tork
C = Crocodile

OOC: The party may go. Please post in any order. Also any comment about Bard's Tale would be welcomed.

Loki_42
2012-12-01, 08:45 PM
Tork struggles desperately to kick the creature off of his leg. If he escapes, he will move to C3.

"What is this thing even doing here? I though sewers had Alligators!"

CMB check: [roll0]

sournote103
2012-12-01, 08:52 PM
"An alligator? Boring. Let's just get rid of it."
With that, Rikuto pulled out his bow and fired an arrow at the reptile.

Attack roll - [roll0]
Damage - [roll1]

Ralasha
2012-12-02, 10:46 AM
"Someone roll a knowledge check to identify it!"

shugyosha
2012-12-03, 10:23 PM
Maunakeya

"A crocodile has the exact same stats as an alligator," the elf explains. "All you need to know is that it is biting a team member!" the last bit was directed at the halfling.

"Ray of Frost!"

Roku summons his eidolon behind the reptile to attack it.

The crocodile begins its death roll and takes Torc down. Luckily the water is too shallow for him to drown but the crocodile's jaw crushes him none the less. Rikuto's arrow hits the croc but does not seem to have penetrated it's tough hide. The wizard's and edolon's efforts are more effective.


Torc is prone and takes 7 damage.

{table=head]Map
{table=head]X | A | B | C | D |
1 | x | - | - | x |
2 | x | - | - | x |
3 | x | Ro | Ri | x |
4 | x | - | M | x |
5 | x | Ti | To | x |
6 | x | - | C | x |
7 | x | - | E | x |
8 | x | - | - | x |
9 | x | - | - | x |
[/table][/table]

M = Maunakeya
Ro = Roku
Ri = Rikuto
Ti = Tirena
To = Tork
C = Crocodile
E = eidolon

Ralasha
2012-12-03, 10:50 PM
The halfling takes a moment, and then attacks!
Attack 1! [roll0]
[roll1]
Attack 2! [roll2]
[roll3]

"Dd I just crit?!"

shugyosha
2012-12-06, 10:47 AM
The halfling blows slash across the back of the animals skull. Red trails of blood pour from the open wound. The crocodile releases its grip on Torc's leg and retreats into the brackish water.

Maunakeya

"Yes, I believe you did," remarks the elf.

Loki_42
2012-12-09, 12:25 PM
Tork stands up and rubs his leg. "Damn, I've only got four hits left. One more round and I would've been done for."

sournote103
2012-12-09, 12:27 PM
"Yeah... I'll fix that for you." With that, the bard cast a healing spell on Tork.
Casting Cure Light Wounds, healing Tork for [roll0] HP.

Ralasha
2012-12-09, 06:34 PM
"See, everything is swell!"

shugyosha
2012-12-10, 10:30 PM
Maunakeya

"I'm sure you can say that since the crocodile didn't bite you," the elf says sarcastically.

"Shall we continue?"


I'll have the next encounter ready tomorrow. THe holiday season is very busy for me.

shugyosha
2012-12-12, 12:02 AM
Loud splashing and snapping can be heard few minutes, one can only assume that the crocodile was meeting its own end after Tirena's deadly blows.

The party continues through the dark tunnels of the sewer. Things are pretty uneventful until they come to a 'T' far at the end of the tunnel. A light and several figures move quickly down the passage to the right. Their foot steps make splashing sounds, indicating their desire for speed over stealth.

Ralasha
2012-12-12, 04:52 PM
Tirena seems to ignore them. "That seems like an obvious trap to me. Shall we spring it?"

Loki_42
2012-12-13, 09:09 PM
"Well, I got some hp back. I'm fine with taking a round or two to buff and making them eat a color spray to the face.

shugyosha
2012-12-17, 01:49 PM
Maunakeya

"We did come here for experience," the elf says waiting for the others to make a firm decision.

Ralasha
2012-12-17, 07:16 PM
The halfling stares at the others, whom seem to be in some sort of meditative trance.

sournote103
2012-12-19, 04:04 PM
"Well I say we go for it; we are adventurers after all."

shugyosha
2012-12-20, 01:12 PM
Maunakeya

"If you have no other objections, shall we?" the elf asks the halfling.


I'll wait till tomorrow to post the party going forward unless Ralasha wants something else.

Ralasha
2012-12-20, 01:13 PM
"NO issues."

sournote103
2012-12-20, 01:27 PM
"Like I said, let's go fot it."

shugyosha
2012-12-20, 01:38 PM
The party continues down the tunnel and turn down the same corner. They catch a glimpse of someone bound and being carried by a team of kobolds. Before they turn another corner their leader, who is not carrying the person. turns his head and looks at you. He immediately makes a "yip" sound and runs with his group disappearing down another tunnel.

Maunakeya

"Well, at least we know what we are following," the else says. "Do we continue?"


if you decide to go after them, I'll need any actions before you turn the next corner. Also remember you have a summoner that you can try to boss around. If his player doesn't post, I'll NPC him to obey any commands the group wants.

sournote103
2012-12-20, 01:45 PM
"I can cast Alter Self a couple times per day, so, as ugly as the little things are, I can transform into one and scout ahead a bit."

Ralasha
2012-12-20, 01:46 PM
She beams at him. "I think you'll do just fine."

shugyosha
2012-12-20, 01:49 PM
Maunakeya

"Can you speak Kobold?" the elf asks.


Just a reminder that you already cast CLW today. So you are down to one more spell.
never mind I read your sheet, again.

sournote103
2012-12-20, 01:53 PM
"...Oh. That would be a problem. But still, as long as I just take a quick look around, I should still be fine."

I get Alter Self 2/day as a Spell-Like Ability, so I'd still be okay on spells.

Ralasha
2012-12-20, 01:54 PM
"Actually. If you speak draconic you should be fine, since Kobolds speak a derivative."

sournote103
2012-12-20, 01:58 PM
"Which would only help if I spoke Draconic... which I don't. When you're a magic fox-person, talking to trees and faeries and such tends to come up more than talking to dragons."

shugyosha
2012-12-20, 02:01 PM
Maunakeya

"Memorize this phrase: Yip, click, hiss. It means 'I'm lost' in draconic," explains the elf.

Ralasha
2012-12-20, 02:04 PM
"Or it could mean "Your mother looks like what I leave after dinner" If you say it wrong."

sournote103
2012-12-20, 02:53 PM
"Okay, good, so either way I won't be lying. Any otherhelpful hints?"

Ralasha
2012-12-20, 02:55 PM
"Yip, yark, and other such noises, remember to scratch yourself on occasion, and be sure to know which ones are female so you can be caught looking, because otherwise they'll think you're gay and commit a ritual of purification in which they slowly lower you into a pool of molten lava. Other than that I can't think of anything."

sournote103
2012-12-20, 03:39 PM
"Oh. Good. A ritual that will remove half of my dating pool AND burn me to death. Fun. I'm just going to get this over with before you talk me out of it." With that, Rikuto drew upon his natural magical abilities and transformed himself into a Kobold. After a quick glance to make sure what the males had that the females didn't, he casually walked around the corner, staying in the shadows to avoid drawing attention but not attempting to stay completely hidden so as to not arouse suspicion.

Stealth, if necessary - [roll0]
Perception, if necessary - [roll1]
Disguise, if necessary - [roll2]

Ralasha
2012-12-22, 07:10 PM
The halfling snickers. "I think he looks a little better now."

shugyosha
2012-12-26, 05:41 PM
Rikuto walks around the corner and finds that the kobolds have stopped running and in the middle of the tunnel they have unceremoniously dropped their hostage. In front are four kobold with daggers out and a fifth, who looks to be in charge, standing on the prone hostage. "Snarl, Yip, Hiss," it shouts.


Sournote is Rikuto posing as a male or female?
Either way make a Knowledge Nature or INT check

sournote103
2012-12-26, 08:16 PM
Rikuto is disguised as a male kobold.
Knowledge (Nature) - [roll0]

shugyosha
2012-12-27, 12:01 AM
The kobold repeats, "Snarl, Yip, Hiss,"


Alright Sournote you got the anatomy correct

sournote103
2012-12-27, 10:20 PM
Rikuto did his best impression of someone who had no idea what was going on and repeated the phrase he had been taught meaning "I'm lost."

Bluff, if necessary: [roll0]
Linguistics, if necessary: [roll1]

shugyosha
2012-12-28, 11:44 AM
The lead Kobold give a questioning look the repeats his question in an angry voice and shakes his sword at Rikuto.

sournote103
2013-01-04, 06:48 PM
Rikuto did his best to make some Kobold-sounding noises, hoping he wasn't saying anything too offensive. Knowing his ruse wasn't going to work long, he got ready to run.

Linguistics check, if needed: [roll0]

Sorry for taking so long to post!!!

shugyosha
2013-01-05, 01:26 AM
What Rikuto can tell without a doubt was that things weren't going his way. There is a high pitch squeal and the four other kobolds begin to advance looking like they want to stick their pointy swords in him.


You are not in combat yet. I'll give you one more action to decide what to do.

sournote103
2013-01-08, 06:00 PM
It was painfully obvious that Rikuto wasn't going to accomplish anything by trying to pass as a Kobold any longer, so he shouted a warning to his waiting allies, and started to run away as fast as possible.

Ralasha
2013-01-08, 10:19 PM
"Where's a kobold bard when you need one?" She drew steel and waited. A look of the ecstasy of anticipation covered her face. "Let's hope I roll high!" (couldn't resist the Deekin reference.)

shugyosha
2013-01-09, 12:21 AM
Maunakeya

As Rikuto round to corner to rejoin his companions the elf dryly says, "Didn't go too well, how many did you see?"

Just at the sentence was finished four kobolds round the corner and pause. It takes them a second to decide to retreat back.

"Do we follow?"

Ralasha
2013-01-09, 12:55 AM
"It will most likely be a trap. Yes, lets continue after them." Her tone carries a hint of sarcasm, but mostly, sounds eager. "As long as we don't end up on a boat."

sournote103
2013-01-09, 07:41 AM
"Well, you guys saw how my last plan turned out, soI'm not going to try coming up with anything at the moment.
But there's really no question that this is a trap."

shugyosha
2013-01-09, 09:12 PM
As the group rounds the corner the find no more that 25 feet before them the four kobolds from before and another who looks like he is their leader.


{table=head]Map
{table=head]X | A | B | C | D |
1 | x | x | x | x |
2 | - | - | - | x |
3 | - | - | - | x |
4 | x | - | - | x |
5 | x | - | - | x |
6 | x | Ro | - | x |
7 | x | Ri | M | x |
8 | x | Ti | To | x |
9 | x | - | - | x |
10 | x | - | - | x |
11 | x | - | - | x |
12 | x | k1k2 | k3k4 | x |
13 | x | - | KB | x |
14 | x | - | - | x |
15 | x | - | - | x |
16 | x | - | - | x |
17 | x | - | - | x |
18 | x | - | - | x |
19 | x | - | - | x |
20 | x | - | - | x |
[/table][/table]

M = Maunakeya
Ro = Roku
Ri = Rikuto
Ti = Tirena
To = Tork
k1 - kobald 1
k2 - kobald 2
k3 - kobold 3
k4 - kobold 4
K - head kobold
B - body

Ralasha
2013-01-09, 09:15 PM
The cocky halfling warrior steps forward, grinding the point of her sword into the floor as she leans on it. Her demeanor oozing confidence. Her tone as she speaks is light, but carries the tone of one that know exactly what will happen. "If any of you leave now, I promise not to desecrate your corpses, or use your skulls for bowls." She then mumbles: though I may still use them as goblets.