PDA

View Full Version : AVB - The Financial One



Rizban
2012-10-22, 02:00 AM
This thread is for Morithias and GM(s) ONLY. Please do not read it otherwise.

Inside is a small workshop, about twenty feet by forty feet. On entering, one does not find a true proper shop area, and there is often at least one apprentice working on something. Hagan can sometimes be found wandering about the shop and always takes a moment to attend to customers when they enter. A nymph minds the counter near the front door which separates the entryway from the workshop.

"Well hello and welcome to Erbauer's! How might I help you this evening?"


She approaches the counter and gives a sleight bow to the person keeping store being careful not to show weakness or arrogance, but neutrality, a merchant regardless of alignment much never show bias yet they gain a bad reputation.

"May I please request an audience with one Hagan Erbaur?" She politely requests. "I seek to discuss business matters with him." She gives a polite smile trying to hide her worry. "Of course if he is not available I would be willing to return at a time more to his liking." She looks around the shop. "I must say you have a Brightstar (superb, Power of Faerun) shop here, by the way." She attempts to use the term brightstar to show that she too is a merchant, and hint without stating that she wishes to do not just purchasing items but possibly more.

"Brightstar? Is that some kind of elven slang? I'm afraid I don't speak foppish.

Mr. Erbauer is currently unavailable; however, if you would like to return first thing in the morning, he will be here setting his apprentices to work on their daily tasks before he leaves to take care of other business."

Morithias
2012-10-22, 02:19 AM
She smiles at the Nymph and apologizes for taking her time.

"By the way," she states before she leaves. "'Brightstar' is merchant slang, it means something along the lines of.." She switches her language to slyvan to attempt to break the barrier. "Great, exciting, pleasing, marvelous, or superb." She states in the fey tongue.

"I will return tomorrow then." She gives a bow to the nymph. "I apologize for the confusion with my speech." She then leaves the shop to return to the temple for the night. She kneels at the altar and prays.

"The merchant's friend - Waukeen. I am not sure if you can hear me, but I ask for your aid in my coming discussion tomorrow. I seek to aid the needy and improve this centre of trade the best I can. I am not sure if this is truly the right path however. Some say a merchant should only be focuses on their own gains, but to me that never seemed right. Shouldn't those with money and power aid those who need it? Is that not the just and good thing to do? Please guide my financial path." She closes her prayer.

She goes to her small bedroom after wards and rechecks all of her bank slips, merchant's notes, and bookkeeping. She smiles at the possibility of finally reaching her goal. Independence, the ability to stand on her own and establish herself as the next Merchant Princess.

She gets into a comfortable position and goes into trance, ready to go back to the shop the next day.

Rizban
2012-10-22, 02:22 AM
I can't get your character sheet to load at all now. It looks like the site is down... Maybe you should try uploading it to www.myth-weavers.com instead.

Morithias
2012-10-22, 11:50 AM
I can't get your character sheet to load at all now. It looks like the site is down... Maybe you should try uploading it to www.myth-weavers.com instead.

The sheet has been moved to myth-weavers. Please tell me if anything needs changing. I don't think I made any mistakes. Edit: I will PM the sheet. Sorry.

Serawi wakes up the next day and quickly gets herself clean and in order. "I should have made something to bribe him with like a small cake or something." She mutters. She picks up all her books and puts them in order, and heads back to the shop early. Only needing 4 hours of sleep the day is young, but even Serawi is not brave enough to travel the streets at night. She walks up outside the shop and examines it trying to see if it's open yet. She opens her book and quickly reads over her notes one more time trying to do some last minute rehearsal.

Rizban
2012-10-22, 01:18 PM
She then leaves the shop to return to the temple for the night.The temple to Waukeen is little more than a glorified shrine. While the most prominent merchant deity in the city, he is not widely revered.

The entire temple consists of a single 30'x30' room within an ornate wooden shell. A stone altar sits in the middle of the back wall. The temple is maintained by a single human priestess named Wanalla.

While you do not have a bedroom, Wanalla has provided a small chest in one corner, containing your personal items and a bedroll, and permitted you to stay in the temple for the next nine days. You, however, are not permitted to unpack your belonging until the temple closes to the public at dusk.

Morithias
2012-10-22, 01:25 PM
The temple to Waukeen is little more than a glorified shrine. While the most prominent merchant deity in the city, he is not widely revered.

The entire temple consists of a single 30'x30' room within an ornate wooden shell. A stone altar sits in the middle of the back wall. The temple is maintained by a single human priestess named Wanalla.

While you do not have a bedroom, Wanalla has provided a small chest in one corner, containing your personal items and a bedroll, and permitted you to stay in the temple for the next nine days. You, however, are not permitted to unpack your belonging until the temple closes to the public at dusk.

"Nine days, huh." Serawi leans against the wall of the shop. "Never thought I'd be kicked out of the temple." She notices activity in the shop, and knocks on the door trying not to intrude on their activity. She offers another silent prayer to Waukeen. Waiting for the door to open or something. The streets are starting to fill up again. She flips open her book and examines her other options if this falls through. The magical guild is unlikely to help her as she can't cast magic. Crafting guild might help her later, but she is looking to open a shop, and the merchant guild...she had heard horrible rumors about the merchant's guilds. That they take 15% of your income if you join in addition to normal dues. (Dungeon Master's Guide 2, page 226). Ezekiel Jedder was also another option, as were two banks, but she was hoping working with other shopkeepers might work out better than the banks, since they were obviously in similar places once.

Rizban
2012-10-22, 01:32 PM
The door remains closed, but an elegant calligraphy sign hanging in the window indicates that it is indeed already open.

Morithias
2012-10-22, 01:39 PM
"oh...." Serawi laughed at her failing to notice. She pushes the door open and looks around the shop. She notices the nymph from yesterday and smiles at her. She looks around the shop trying to listen in on what they're saying so she knows who to talk to after their done their set-up. She tries to keep herself looking firm, but inside she is sweating and worried as Dispater. She gulps and thinks again. 'Nine days to find a house that is suitable and set-up shop, a tall order.'

Listen check: [roll0]

Rizban
2012-10-22, 01:54 PM
She sees two young craftsmen, likely the apprentices mentioned, hunched over swords that are beginning to take shape, tendrils of stray magic flailing about them as the apprentices work.

Hovering over their work is what you first think is a human in his late 30s or early 40s. You become unsure as you notice that his arms and legs appear not to be armored, as your first assumed, but to actually be constructed from mithral and other exotic materials. His left hand appears to slightly larger than his right and to have a number of small tools attached to it, the exact purpose of which eludes you. It is then that you realize that he has an additional pair of arms attached just above his hips, one of which is currently scratching his chin. And his face! Generally kindly with a slight twinkle of mischief in his eye, marred only by the fact that the left eye and cheek have been replaced by some sort of artifice with a golden monocle screwed into place over it, an elaborate chain and earpiece leading from the monocle back to a device wrapped around his still humanoid ear.

A fully mechanical "dog," for lack of a better word for it, follows him faithfully. Its eyes are faintly glowing red crystals, its teeth like sharpened dagger, its feet tipped with metal talons. Two metal wings lie folded against its back. Despite how vicious is seems to be, its high level of craftsmanship and puppy-like behavior make it appear almost cute.


As you stare at the amalgam of flesh and metal in obvious shock, the nymph you met last evening leans towards you and whispers.

"Magnificent, isn't he?"

Morithias
2012-10-22, 02:00 PM
"Magnificent, isn't he?"

"Of course." Serawi replies without delay trying to gather her composure. "He certain gives the air of a master craftsman and artificer." She turns to him and waits for him to address her. Patiently waiting her turn even though time is running short. She is giving off sleight 'tells' that clearly show she is intimidated despite her merchant training, and why wouldn't she be. She's 114! Barely an adult! Yet by looking at him and what she can tell, she's probably older than he is, in terms of years at least.

Whenever he turns to her or gives her any notice she smiles at him and holds a formal waiting pose, trying to keep herself looking presentable, which isn't helped by the steam and heat. She looks over at the nymph and notices she barely seems affected by it. 'I'll have to ask her for some tips on how to keep looking that good in these kinds of conditions.' Serawi thinks in her head, while waiting her turn.

Rizban
2012-10-22, 02:10 PM
Hagan notices you standing there and approaches the counter. However, instead of walking like a normal person, he hovers an inch off the ground on a 3' diameter disk made of some form of blue-green crystal.

When he speaks, his voice is warm and gentle with a touch of nervous excitement, completely unlike what his appearance would make you assume.

"Well, hello! You must be the kindly elf woman my associate Clearwater mentioned might be coming by this morning. For what was it that you needed to speak with me personally? Oh, I do hope it is quite interesting!"

Morithias
2012-10-22, 02:15 PM
Serawi bows deeply to the man, much deeper than she gave to the nymph, clearly showing much respect to him.

"I am Servalwi Endoss." She began with a firm but kind tone, trying to keep it business. "I am an aspiring merchant who is hoping to go independent. In my research around the town your name come up as a man who is interested in up and coming merchants and entrepreneurs. I seek to discuss possible loans and invest terms with you." She eyes him cautiously, wondering what he will say, a lot of merchants don't like competition, but he seems easy going enough, but she's a novice...a starting out person. She tries to analyse his body and face as best she can, but it isn't easy given all his machine parts.

Sense motive check to attempt to read him.

[roll0]

Rizban
2012-10-22, 02:31 PM
He doesn't seem to be hiding anything or to be hostile towards you.

"I see. What is it that you wanted? Advice? Suggestions? Someone to vouch for you? What kind of business were you wanting to start?"

Morithias
2012-10-22, 02:38 PM
He doesn't seem to be hiding anything or to be hostile towards you.

"I see. What is it that you wanted? Advice? Suggestions? Someone to vouch for you? What kind of business were you wanting to start?"

Serawi thinks over his questions quickly. "I am planning to open a general store, a 'Buy anything, sell anything' type of store. Most stores specialize in one type of produce. I believe that by opening a store where people can find everything in one place will help save people time and money." She glances over at him. "Unfortionately the start up money required for such a thing is large. Having to buy property and licenses and such." She pulls out one of her books and flips it open. "Capital start up has been estimated at 16000 gp, and the small house required for the start up around 2000 gp. (1000 GP in the DMG2, but you said property prices are higher)." She goes over her books. "I have around 12000 in a bank, but was hoping for loan or investment money." She looks at him. "I will gladly pay interest and place the shop as collateral, on the loan. I wish to discuss terms at length with you. When you are comfortable of course."

She looks over at the nymph trying to gage her reaction to all this, and then turns back to the Artificer, wondering if he's going to yell or tell her to get the hell out.

Rizban
2012-10-23, 01:39 PM
The nymph is unaffected by your speech. She seems completely uninterested in business deals.

"an anything/anything store, eh? So, you're going to try to be my competition?"

Morithias
2012-10-23, 01:52 PM
The nymph is unaffected by your speech. She seems completely uninterested in business deals.

"an anything/anything store, eh? So, you're going to try to be my competition?"

Serawi look at him. "Do you buy items here? If someone was to walk through that door with a bunch of flour from their mill would you buy it off them?" She looks around the store. "Your store seems to be a craftsman shop and you appear to be an artificer. My store is not going to cater to adventurers unless an adventurer walks in the door and starts selling me items. I want to cater to the middle and lower class, help them push their small amount of coin further and improve the quality of life for all. I do not plan to compete with you, this isn't about cornering the market, this is just me trying to live up to what my parents expect of me and find my independence."

She puts the book away. As far as she can tell he isn't interested. Oh well, she'll just check somewhere else or make the money elsewhere. Maybe she could open a farm instead, those are cheap enough.

Rizban
2012-10-23, 02:00 PM
"Ah, you mean you want to open a barter shop, flea market, or pawn shop? That sounds quite acceptable.

I do, in fact, buy items here, but only magical ones."

You realize that the nymph began to get a little upset as Hagan did but is suddenly at ease again. You decide that she might be as dangerous as he is.

Morithias
2012-10-23, 02:10 PM
"Ah, you mean you want to open a barter shop, flea market, or pawn shop? That sounds quite acceptable.

I do, in fact, buy items here, but only magical ones."

You realize that the nymph began to get a little upset as Hagan did but is suddenly at ease again. You decide that she might be as dangerous as he is.

Serawi's ears perk up a bit at the "acceptable" term. She smiles and tries to keep her merchant's face on.

"Something like this cannot be negotiated over 5 minutes of time, unless you're a lot more easygoing than the other merchant's I've dealt with. It is also clear you have other things to do today. Would you like to arrange a time in the near future to meet up and discuss the terms of our loan?" She asks this politely. "Either way your shop is very lovely. I am sure if I am in the market for magical items or artifacts in the future I will come here." (I am assuming to most people "artifacts", and magical items are basically the same thing)

Rizban
2012-10-23, 03:11 PM
"Nonsense. How much did you need? Ten thou? Twenty? I'm afraid I can't do more than thirty today, as that's all I have on me at the moment."

Morithias
2012-10-23, 03:18 PM
"Nonsense. How much did you need? Ten thou? Twenty? I'm afraid I can't do more than thirty today, as that's all I have on me at the moment."

Serawi eyes go wide, completely losing her game face. "Um.." She pulls out her book again."I have 12000 on standby, I need approximately 16000 for capital costs, and 2000 for the small house if my calculations and research is correct. So...7500? That way I'll have a small amount leftover in case of accident, so a random cart going through my window doesn't put me out."

She looks at him and gathers herself again. As I said before, I am prepared to put the shop up as collateral and pay interest as well."

'30000!' she thinks in her head.

'Who just carries around that kind of cash? How rich is this guy?!'

Rizban
2012-10-23, 03:31 PM
"I guarantee you that the two you have set aside for the shop isn't going to cover it. This building costs more than ten times that, granted it is on the Plaza. Still, how about this option?

I'll buy the building and help front some of your start up costs. In return, you'll pay me a fixed monthly rent plus a small fee in repayment of the loan. Also, I get to place some small value goods in your shop that you will sell for me. You'll retain 2% of the total sale price of any such item you sell."

Morithias
2012-10-23, 03:36 PM
Serawi goes over the deal in her head. If he owns the building, that also means anything major like a blizzard or an accident falls on him. Paying him a fixed rent also seems like a kick at first, but as the shop grows it'll become nothing in the end.

She does some more calculations. He doesn't appear to be an elf or another long lived race, which means she'll likely outlive him, then again he looks more machine than man so it's possible he's artificially extending his life. Then again, it's a house on the PLAZA. Chances like this don't come up often, given her basic start up it was likely she'd be living in the slums for the next year or so.

"So...what kind of rent amount are we talking in terms of 'fixed' rent." She asks trying to keep the conversation moving. Clearly showing interest in the deal though.

Rizban
2012-10-23, 03:48 PM
"Well, the shop I've been looking at lately is located here in Midtown, about two blocks off the Plaza. It's a real cute little place and recently vacant. It's not a cheap little building, but it's really nice... I'm looking at 100 per month if I rent it to you.

If I then front you 7,500 for start up costs, with a 2% interest rate on a 10 year loan is going to run 65 per month minimum.

You're looking at 165 per month for rent and loan payments."

Morithias
2012-10-23, 04:12 PM
Serawi paused to give the illusion of her thinking over the deal, when in reality she was ready to take it at a second's notice. 165 a month? She was making 25 a day at her old job, and that's at a job where she didn't own the place! She then for the sake of her sanity went over the loan. 7500 gp at 2% a year? Even if she still only made 25 gp a day and the business brought in no profit at all, that's still going to be paid off in around a year, this man either underestimated her as a merchant or was simply the kindest loaner she had ever met. Calling him a loan shark would be an insult, it would be more like a loan goldfish, given how lax the terms were.

"I'll take those terms." She says. "I look forward to seeing what kind of items you put up for sale in my store. Also the place sounds very lovely." She smiles at him and extends her hand to show that she approves the deal. "If you don't mind I will draw up a contract with our terms and drop it off early tomorrow. It's just good practice to keep a paper trail."

'This is it, this is my big chance! I'll make money with this shop, expand into other forms of business with the profit I make off it, and help everyone's quality of life. I really should give this guy a gift or something after I'm all setup, maybe if the house has a nice kitchen I'll bake him a pie or something.'

Rizban
2012-10-23, 04:21 PM
"Actually, I have the contract ready here."

He produces a blank sheet of paper, places it on the counter, and presses his thumb to the bottom middle of the sheet. Concentrating a moment, the agreed upon verbal contract writes itself onto the page.

He leans in and whispers to you, "It's my own design."

Taking out a pen and ink from beneath the desk, he hands it to you.

"We use these for all orders, contracts, and deals in my shop. It saves poor Clearwater here from having such severe hand cramps at the end of the day from all the paperwork. Feel free to review it and see if it is to your agreement."

Morithias
2012-10-23, 04:42 PM
Serawi smiled at his flawless logistics.

"I must say that's quite impressive. I must only assume you can't order them here." She laughs lightly "Oh well, hard work builds character right? She looks over the agreement. You own the actual building which I rent for 100 gold pieces a month until future events change ownership or rent. Start up capital is stimulated with 7500 gold pieces at a 2% annual interest rate for 10 years, minimum payment is 65 gold pieces, no maximum payment is listed. The store is at this address." She looks over the paper like an OCD victim, reading it over and over occasionally asking him basic questions to make sure they're 100% on the same page. She eventually signs the paper and hands it to him. "May I have a copy for my own purposes?" She asks.

Rizban
2012-10-23, 09:51 PM
Reading through the contract, you find significant political jargon making the entire contract as airtight as you can imagine. It quickly becomes obvious that Mr. Erbauer has ranks in Profession (Barrister). The only oddity that you notice is a reference to any party in violation of the contract being sentenced to the "Needle Mines," whatever those are.

Morithias
2012-10-23, 09:56 PM
Okay in that case, I'm not going to sign before asking about it.

"What does this clause about the needle mines mean?" She asks with a slight bit of fear in her voice. She hated physical labour and didn't need to be put into a slave camp, heck did this country even practice slavery?

Barrister check : [roll0]

Rizban
2012-10-24, 09:32 AM
Sorry, but how are you getting +9 in Profession(Barrister)? Profession is Trained Only. I don't remember you having ranks in anything law related."Oh, just ignore that clause. It isn't important. The Needle Mines were the traditional punishment for nearly all crimes in Aldhaven. It's where the finest needles in the world were mined, refined, and exported. Most contract breakers were sentenced to 5 days. Most didn't survive.

Someone, however, collapsed most of the tunnels and flooded the rest. Repair work has been difficult to the point of impossibility for some time now, as if someone or something were actively working to keep the mines closed. However, the law requiring that clause be present in all contracts is still in effect. So, it's there, even if it has no effect whatsoever."

Morithias
2012-10-24, 11:24 AM
Sorry, but how are you getting +9 in Profession(Barrister)? Profession is Trained Only. I don't remember you having ranks in anything law related."Oh, just ignore that clause. It isn't important. The Needle Mines were the traditional punishment for nearly all crimes in Aldhaven. It's where the finest needles in the world were mined, refined, and exported. Most contract breakers were sentenced to 5 days. Most didn't survive.

Someone, however, collapsed most of the tunnels and flooded the rest. Repair work has been difficult to the point of impossibility for some time now, as if someone or something were actively working to keep the mines closed. However, the law requiring that clause be present in all contracts is still in effect. So, it's there, even if it has no effect whatsoever."

I possess the "jack of all trades" knack, from the master class, that lets me trade ranks in a profession skill I have, for ranks in a profession skill I have no ranks in at a 2 to 1 ratio. I have 8 ranks in shopkeeper, so I have 4 ranks in every other profession skill. Then I have a +2 competence bonus from my primary focus, and +3 from my wisdom score.

Serawi puts the pen to the paper. "I am assume if the law is changed the contract will also change to reflect this?" She asked. "Because such a cruel punishment I do not approve of. I may not be able to change the law now, but I'm an elf. I have a good 400 or so years left of life, assuming some random accident doesn't kill me, and so much can happen over that time. She reads over the contract one last time. "I don't see anything objectable in the contract besides that one clause, but I can understand if the law says you have to include it that your hands are tied." She puts her pen to the paper and signs it. "May I have a copy for my own purposes? I will pay you 165 gold pieces monthly, in addition to allowing you to consign items in my shop for 2% commission." She reachs into her pocket and pulls out 330 gold pieces."Consider this first and last month's rent up front."

Rizban
2012-10-24, 08:10 PM
"No, the contract will not change. Once the text is set, it is set and warded against magical modification. If you want the text updated should the law be changed, you may renegotiate the contract at that time.

Four hundred years? *sigh* Such a short time... Still, I look forward to doing business with you, hopefully for that full term."

He smiles kindly as he signs the contract for you and produces an identical copy for you, which he also signs.

"Thank you.

A few other things.

First, because I am purchasing the building, the purchase will go through much faster than usual due to me already having all the necessary paperwork and licenses for purchasing property already in my name. However, it will still take a few days, the exact number I don't know. I'll have to tell you that later.

Second, if you would like to purchase these contracts at some point in the future, they're 10 gp each.

And Third, I have a gift for you, assuming you're interested."

Morithias
2012-10-24, 09:31 PM
'Short time?' She thought in her head. So my hunch is probably right, he is extending his life.

"Well you strike me as the type of person who is wise enough to realize that if the laws and circumstances change the logical thing to do is to renegotiate. That's really what I meant. I should have been clearer." She pulls out a piece of parchment. "Magical autofilling contracts 10 gold pieces a piece. Look forward to contact in the next week about the building."

She then turned to him. "You've done so much for me already, but it would be rude for me to refuse a gift." She smiles at him."I will have to repay you somehow in the future."

Rizban
2012-10-24, 09:52 PM
He smirks. "Just using it and telling people about it is all the thanks I need. It's another device of my own design. You'll like it."

He produces a small gem about the size of a woman's thumbnail.

"This gem will affix itself to your temple should you press it into place. Of course, it easily comes off later if you want.

When worn, you may touch it with your hand and focus on any individual you know. If they're within 10 miles of Aldhaven and wearing a similar crystal, they will hear a chiming sound and may choose to accept your mental calling and speak with you as if they were right there with you! And only the two of you can hear the conversation!"

He becomes visibly excited as he describes the device to you.

The gem takes the Face magic item slot.

Yes, I really designed these as a player using a combination of magical effects and the guy Hagan's DM's permission. Market price is 7,000. There's also a version that lets you see the other person, but that one is 39,000.

Morithias
2012-10-24, 09:59 PM
"Interesting." She takes the crystal. "It would be quite useful for networking. I'm sure you have one, and probably can produce more. This could come in useful once my system of stores and other business becomes too complex too keep reasonable track of manually. Of course I will accept it."

Okay I haven't actually like wrote it down on her sheet, but the INTENT of the elf was that her parents were priests of Waukeen, and her "favoured in guild" feat was referring to the temple of Waukeen. What exact skills and bonus does that feat give me, cause I've been checking over the sheet and so far it's basically acting as a sacrificial feat.

Also should I record the money transfer now? Adding 7170 gold pieces to my amount and then move on to buying the start up materials and such? Then level up my character once I open the shop?

Rizban
2012-10-24, 10:43 PM
"No, actually, I don't. I have a prototype device built right in. Works the same though, if not better."

He taps the metal part of his temple and grins.

No, he'll provide the money after the building is purchased.

Also, I posted a question in the X-Crawl OOC and am holding my IC response until I get an answer...

Morithias
2012-10-24, 10:47 PM
"Well, that makes sense too. She laughs, and looks out the window."I better leave and get to my shift. If you wish to contact me you can...well... I was going to say go to the temple of Waukeen, but now you can just use this." She pushes the gem into her right temple and smiles at him. "Thank you for all you have done and are going to do." She picks up her copy of the contract and pockets it. "I am sorry for leaving suddenly, but I am sure you have wokr you need to do too."

If he does not stop me from leaving or has anything else to say, I leave the shop and go to my job to work my daily shift.

Rizban
2012-10-24, 11:01 PM
You go to your job and work your daily shift.

The Stalwart Gargoyle is busy, as usual, and boring, as usual. It seems no one interesting ever comes in here, just the same locals every single day. Your shift would be entirely boring if not for Old Man Sittenstrolch who tries to pinch your bum every single damn time you walk past him. It makes trying to avoid his table as much as possible a weird little game you play.

Morithias
2012-10-24, 11:02 PM
Profession (Shopkeeper) Check.

[roll0]

1d20 + 8 ranks + 2 master + 3 skill focus + 3 wisdom + 2 shopkeeper's outfit.

A below average day. I make 26 gold pieces.

Edit: Loyal Clients Knack, so we don't go through this again. I make my check, not half my check.

Rizban
2012-10-24, 11:07 PM
Yes, I remembered that.

You make 26 gold!

Morithias
2012-10-24, 11:10 PM
Hmmm...I'm not sure what to do while I'm waiting for the shop to open.

I suppose I will go to the tavern and see if there are any cute boys there. (If this at ANY point gets uncomfortable for you, feel free to tell me to stop the whole "looking for romance" thing, but she is basically a teenage girl.)

I enter the tavern and do a quick look around it for anyone my age, male, female, or changeling.

Edit: and by age, I mean young adult, not 114.

Rizban
2012-10-24, 11:13 PM
Darn, because I was totally going to set you up with a venerable halfling.The Tavern Pub is closed for repairs, and your boss doesn't like employees hanging out after hours. You'll have to specify some other place to go.

Morithias
2012-10-24, 11:16 PM
Crap, and there's only one tavern....hmmm...

I suppose I will go back to the temple to pay my monthly dues to the organization, and discuss my future with the priestess, and tell her the good news.

I enter the temple, is she around, or has she gone to sleep/is out/etc.

Rizban
2012-10-24, 11:22 PM
You suddenly realize that there are taverns, pubs, brothels, and inns with common areas or bars throughout the city. Unfortunately, only one is actually named "Tavern." Perhaps if she chose an area and a particular type to go to, she'll find one open.

Morithias
2012-10-24, 11:24 PM
You suddenly realize that there are taverns, pubs, brothels, and inns with common areas or bars throughout the city. Unfortunately, only one is actually named "Tavern." Perhaps if she chose an area and a particular type to go to, she'll find one open.

Ah...I see. I thought such a large city only have one pub was weird.

I will go scout out the taverns and see if there is one that catches my eye.

Does any particular one come to mind with a DC 21 Knowledge Local check? A place that is popular with the young adults. Less a bar and more a medieval night club?

Rizban
2012-10-25, 12:14 AM
There's always the Sad Flint in the Plaza. It seems to be the most popular in town, particularly with the tourists.

There's also The Crypt in Old Town. After it became illegal to keep dead bodies within the city, due to several necromancy issues, the old crypt was cleared out and turned into a dark and rather dreary bar.

The House of Greens is known for its music and popular with the youth of some cultures, but you realize that, being an elf, it's probably not safe for you.

Unfortunately, Aldhaven isn't quite so modern for it to have a plethora of youth night clubs.

Morithias
2012-10-25, 12:18 AM
Unfortunately, Aldhaven isn't quite so modern for it to have a plethora of youth night clubs.

You do realize my that just means I'm going to start one up right? :smallamused:

Sad flint it is. I will go to it. She is not into the whole goth thing yet, and she is unarmed, so she will go with the safe option...for now.

Rizban
2012-10-25, 12:34 AM
The interior of the Sad Flint is quite crowded. People are coming and going all over the rather large barroom. Patrons of any possible description abound, most content to drink the beers in their hands. No one bothers to turn their head when yet another patron walks in. The atmosphere of the place is slightly dingy, but comfortable.

A lone half-giant is serving as the bartender at the long bar across from the entrance. Round tables with an average of four chairs each litter the common area, although several have borrowed chairs from others nearby. More than half of them seem occupied by patrons of some description and number. A pair of armored bouncers guard a double door along the west wall.

Barmaids of many different races weave in and out of the traffic, delivering food and drinks, as well as picking up empty crockery and more than a few pick-up lines.

Morithias
2012-10-25, 12:39 AM
Any description means there's probably someone that meets her tastes, but for now I will approach the bar, and sit at it, greeting the bartender.

"Hello my good sir." She smiles at him. "Business seems good tonight. Do you have any light meads on tap?" As much as she was growing up, she could never get over her favourite type of drink. Stronger alcohols just weren't her thing, but light meads often served to children were something that always appealed. She thinks for a second. 'Maybe if I make it big I can order the fancy stuff in the future..or even brew my own.'

Rizban
2012-10-25, 12:56 AM
He eyes you briefly.

"One silver."

Morithias
2012-10-25, 01:16 AM
He eyes you briefly.

"One silver."

She eyed him cautiously. One silver was very cheap considering her daily wage, but as a merchant she can't pay more less it inspire him to raise prices. She pulls out a silver piece and pays for her drink.

"So have you heard anything interesting lately?" she asks the bartender. "Any people come in with some good stories of adventure or anything exciting?

Alteration to money: 12950 gp becomes 12949 gp and 9 silver.

Rizban
2012-10-25, 01:42 AM
"Lady, I don't tell stories. I serve drinks."

Despite his hostile response, people seem to flock to the bar to be served by this guy. Upon tasting the mead, you understand why.

Morithias
2012-10-25, 01:45 AM
"Lady, I don't tell stories. I serve drinks."

Despite his hostile response, people seem to flock to the bar to be served by this guy. Upon tasting the mead, you understand why.

"My apologies." She says as she drinks her drive analysing the tavern, judging the good and the bad.

Customer service is crap here. The barmaids are fairly good looking, but I think when I open my tavern I'll hire a few male ones too for the ladies...maybe give them cute uniforms. The bartender will have to be kinder too.

She sips the alcohol and attempts to analyse it.

Profession (Brewer) Check:

[roll0]

(Should I be rolling a fort save for the alcohol?)

Rizban
2012-10-25, 01:53 AM
(No, just for the roofie. [/badjoke])

It's a quality light mead brewed from local honey, just like you ordered.

Morithias
2012-10-25, 01:56 AM
I figure the bartender won't tell me what brewery he buys it from, or the recipe if he brews it himself. I'll have to reverse engineer and improve on the recipe if I want to win this bar fight. No one will go to a tavern if the mead is bad, even if the service is great. People think with their pockets more than their hearts. It's a sad fact, but it's how the merchant life is.

I finish the drink and smile at him.

"Thank you for the drink." I say giving him back the glass. I turn around on my stool and scout the bar looking for anyone who looks interesting...or cute.

Rizban
2012-10-25, 02:02 AM
A very short man, whom you at first mistake for a gnome, sits at the end of the bar talking amiably to a warforged marked with runes in silver tracery. Elsewhere, you see a halfling woman in fine clothing sipping a glass of wine. The next person to catch your immediate notice is a half-elf girl working as a server. She has the interest of almost every man in the room. A strange, blue-skinned man sits in one corner smoking something that burns green.

Morithias
2012-10-25, 02:07 AM
A very short man, whom you at first mistake for a gnome, sits at the end of the bar talking amiably to a warforged marked with runes in silver tracery. Elsewhere, you see a halfling woman in fine clothing sipping a glass of wine. The next person to catch your immediate notice is a half-elf girl working as a server. She has the interest of almost every man in the room. A strange, blue-skinned man sits in one corner smoking something that burns green.

She quickly analyses the most interesting people in her head.

'That man is short, but I can't get a good enough lookat him to tell his age or if he's attractive...hmmm...he also seems to have a warforged friend. Warforged don't need to sleep, but they can't make babies either.

The halfling looks fairly rich but...hmmm...I think it will be wise to keep my allies in my own bracket of cash. I want to help the middle and lower class, and working with high society might not help my case if I become one of the establishment.

The half-elf is beautiful, but it is rude to interrupt someone when they're working plus I'm not into women...if only she was a guy.

Blue-skinned man...now that's a new one. Interesting...but not quite my thing. Tonight seems to be a wash.

She sits at the bar for a little longer before ordering another drink wondering where all the good men are.

Probably already have girlfriends or wives... she thinks sadly.

Money alteration - Lose another silver piece.

Rizban
2012-10-25, 02:11 AM
She finishes her second mead uninterrupted.

Morithias
2012-10-25, 02:16 AM
It appears that this is not your cliche bar where the girls get hit on by guys.

I finish my mead, thank the bartender, and leave the bar before it gets to late. I return to the temple and try to sleep off my sleight intoxication after giving a prayer to Waukeen to calm myself and try to keep her watching over me. I sleep wondering where my parents went off to. I was told they were priests of this temple, but why aren't they here?

Rizban
2012-10-25, 02:22 AM
Just as you start to get up, a male half-elf you didn't notice approaches you.

"I see the pure light of Telperion radiates still. I had thought such beauty had faded from the world in ancient epochs past."

Morithias
2012-10-25, 02:25 AM
Just as you start to get up, a male half-elf you didn't notice approaches you.

"I see the pure light of Telperion radiates still. I had thought such beauty had faded from the world in ancient epochs past."

You have quite a way with words. I comment. Very elegant. Similar to that of a merchant trying to strike a deal. I offer him the seat next to me. "Well the night may be young, but I'm sure we have much to tell each other. Why don't we start with the basics? I am Servalwi Endoss, but you may call me Serawi. What is your name my kind gentleman?

Rizban
2012-10-25, 02:30 AM
"Nibenwaiede, but my human friends call me... er... Ned."

Morithias
2012-10-25, 02:35 AM
"Nibenwaiede, but my human friends call me... er... Ned."

"A pleasure to meet you. Which name would you prefer I call you by?" I offer my hand to him so he can shake it. Got any interesting tales about your life or experiences? The bartender doesn't like telling tales it seems. Maybe you can entertain me for the night." She smiles at him. She looks up and down his body trying to analyse him. He's quite cute, and has a way with words being a half-elf...then again being a half-elf mean he'll likely die of old age long before she does, but hey, you only live once, and he's the first one to show interest in her all night. She pushes her snow white hair aside to reveal her face better.

I really should get a hair piece or something to hold it in place. she thinks.

Rizban
2012-10-25, 02:39 AM
"It's up to you, princess. No, please, tell me about you. Your radiance has captivated me, and I long to know all that I can."

Morithias
2012-10-25, 02:45 AM
"It's up to you, princess. No, please, tell me about you. Your radiance has captivated me, and I long to know all that I can."

She smiles. "Well I suppose I can tell you the minor to medium stuff." she says trying to keep him interested with an air of mystery.

"I was born to the temple of Waukeen over 100 years ago. That might sound like a long time, but I'm only 114. So I'm basically a young adult or old teenager. Maybe around 16 in human years. My parents were priests of the temple, but eventually left to seek fortune, Waukeen being the merchant goddess. Why they never took me along I'll never know, but for now it's just me and the priestess in the shrine for the time being. Unlike my parents I wasn't trained in holy magic, but rather taught the way of the coin. I seek to become the next merchant princess, so a very nice guess there with the princess remark.

I try to catch my breath, I rarely get to talk to many people, the shop is always very busy, and around other merchants I have to keep myself strong, and the priestess knows this already, so I rarely get to tell anyone about myself, rather than discuss deals.

"I'm sorry Ned. I don't get out into causal talk much." I say my white skin turning a tad pink with a blush. Usually it's all business.

Rizban
2012-10-25, 03:05 AM
"That... is... fascinating. Tell me about this merchant dream of yours."

Morithias
2012-10-25, 03:10 AM
"That... is... fascinating. Tell me about this merchant dream of yours."

She smiles at him.

A lot of people think being a merchant is all about looking out for number 1. You know, make and horde money to buy yourself nice things and live a life of luxery, but I want to use my knowledge of economics to help those who are unrepresented and catered to. Mostly the poor. So many shops and other businesses will ignore the small people instead trying to cater to the rich and uppermiddle class. I want to raise the standard of living for the poor. Fix up the slums, and reduce crime in the city to make the place as a whole a better place to live for all. After that maybe I'll move to the next city and do it all over again, or maybe just fall in love with a cute guy and settle down.

She smiles. I can take my time. I've got a good 400 years or so left, assuming I don't die of a random accident or get murdered.

Rizban
2012-10-25, 02:08 PM
"Oh, really? You? Settle down? I wouldn't have expected to hear that from someone like you. You could have any man here that you wanted... well, except for the bartender."

Ignore this
[roll0]

Morithias
2012-10-25, 02:14 PM
"Oh, really? You? Settle down? I wouldn't have expected to hear that from someone like you. You could have any man here that you wanted... well, except for the bartender."


"Yes, but there is a difference between having a man and being in love. I want to experience life. Love, family, and see the city grow and evolve." She smiles at him. "Perhaps we can meet again in the future. You're a nice man, and I enjoy talking to you. She lets out a minor yawn. Hmm, it seems the night is getting to me. I guess working 56 hours a week does a job on your social life."

She turns back to him. So what do you do for a living exactly?

Rizban
2012-10-25, 02:33 PM
He smirks, "I'm a... procurer. I find what a client wants and either buy it or barter for it for him. He pays me what I pay plus a little extra. You could think of me as a merchant minus the shop."

Morithias
2012-10-25, 03:22 PM
He smirks, "I'm a... procurer. I find what a client wants and either buy it or barter for it for him. He pays me what I pay plus a little extra. You could think of me as a merchant minus the shop."

Interesting and fair line of work. Many owners of businesses can't take the time off to do things like seek out those mithral ingots that the blacksmith wishes to work with. I mean that's why we have adventurers and such. Of course I could be over simplifying your work with my minor business knowledge. I'm still a young girl.

She smiles at him. I'm sure you do a great job in your work. If I ever can't find anything myself I might have to call you up.

Yeah I tried not to metagame and googled what that was after the fact. She has no idea what she's in for does she.

Rizban
2012-10-26, 03:40 PM
What? I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

Morithias
2012-10-26, 03:42 PM
What? I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

I pray I don't get into trouble for posting this on the forum, but according to google...

pro·cur·er/prəˈkyo͝orər/
Noun:
A person who obtains a woman as a prostitute for another person.

Rizban
2012-10-26, 03:52 PM
Huh... Not really what I had in mind.

Morithias
2012-10-26, 03:55 PM
Huh... Not really what I had in mind.

I was 90% sure you didn't mean that, but given how this is middle-age fantasy, I considered it semi-possible.

Also no, despite the fact that RAW I do have ranks in "profession (mistress/prostitute/whatever) I am NOT going to be opening brothels. I have enough warnings on this forum already. Just so we're clear. Just cause I'm a man roleplaying a woman doesn't mean I have to be a pervert.

Rizban
2012-10-26, 04:01 PM
I have no warnings, have never received one, and would like to keep it that way."I only deal in rare, occasionally priceless, goods. The money is well worth the effort."

He turns around to face the room and leans against the bar then sighs.

"I just recently acquired a rather potent magical artifact. Unfortunately, it seems as though the buyer has decided not to pay the agreed upon amount due to... unforeseen collateral damage. Nothing major, I assure you. Here I am with a valuable item and no way to move it, and I just happen to meet an up and coming young merchant of unsurpassed beauty. Now, I hate to mix business and pleasure, but I have to ask. Do you have any contacts that might have the funds and the desire for such an item?"

Morithias
2012-10-26, 04:05 PM
I have no warnings, have never received one, and would like to keep it that way."I only deal in rare, occasionally priceless, goods. The money is well worth the effort."

He turns around to face the room and leans against the bar then sighs.

"I just recently acquired a rather potent magical artifact. Unfortunately, it seems as though the buyer has decided not to pay the agreed upon amount due to... unforeseen collateral damage. Nothing major, I assure you. Here I am with a valuable item and no way to move it, and I just happen to meet an up and coming young merchant of unsurpassed beauty. Now, I hate to mix business and pleasure, but I have to ask. Do you have any contacts that might have the funds and the desire for such an item?"

She snaps her fingers. "Just met him today." She smiles. Hagan Erbaur, he deals in magical items. You'll have to go to him and negotiate it with him. His store is at this location. She proceeds to give the address. "I hope your deal goes well."

For the both of us. she thinks. If I just sent him racketed magical goods or some kind of scam he's going to be mad.

Rizban
2012-10-26, 04:27 PM
"Ah... him. No, thank you. I'd rather not get involved with that one."

Morithias
2012-10-26, 04:29 PM
"Ah... him. No, thank you. I'd rather not get involved with that one."

Why? He seemed nice enough. She asks now curious, if she had just gotten herself into something that was very dangerous. What exactly is this "artifact"? She asked curious. "If I had more information I could possibly give you better information."

Rizban
2012-10-26, 04:47 PM
"I'd just rather not. He's far too shrewd."

Morithias
2012-10-26, 04:55 PM
"I'd just rather not. He's far too shrewd."

Maybe once my shop opens up you could consign it to it. I'm sure I could find a buyer for it. How quickly do you need to get rid of it? She smiled at him trying to seem innocent, but she knows that if he answers that he needs to get rid of it very fast, means it's likely stolen or something is after him for it.

"Of course in order to do that I would need to know what it is, as valuable as they may be, I'm not fully comfortable with dealing with hellish goods. If you know what I mean.

Rizban
2012-10-26, 04:58 PM
"Ah, thanks, but it's not something I'd want to just set out and hope someone buys it. It's a magical horn. As to its exact nature... we'll leave that a mystery."

Morithias
2012-10-26, 05:03 PM
"Ah, thanks, but it's not something I'd want to just set out and hope someone buys it. It's a magical horn. As to its exact nature... we'll leave that a mystery."

"I'm sorry to hear that. However once the store is open if you have anything you are willing to consign feel free to come by. You may find something someone else left there that could interest you." She smiles and looks out the window trying to judge the time of day, wondering if she should get back to the shrine for her prayer. Sleep was important, and not pissing off the Goddess was even more important.

Rizban
2012-10-26, 05:25 PM
It's definitely starting to get late.

Morithias
2012-10-26, 05:27 PM
It's definitely starting to get late.

In that case...

I turn to Ned. "I am sorry Ned, but I must be getting home soon. I need my rest in order to do my work properly. I wish you luck in finding someone to buy your item." I smile at him. "Come by the shrine of Waukeen sometime. Perhaps the Goddess will smile upon you."

I get up and leave the bar, thanking the bartender one more time and going back to the shrine.

Rizban
2012-10-26, 05:39 PM
He raises his glass in a toast to you.

"I do hope that your divine countenance crosses my path again soon."

Morithias
2012-10-26, 05:43 PM
He raises his glass in a toast to you.

"I do hope that your divine countenance crosses my path again soon."

Likewise to you."

I head back to the shrine. I check to see if Wanalla is still up and do the following.

1. If she is still up, I pay my 25 gp monthly tribute for being part of the organization (Guilds DMG2, 5 gp * level per month).

2. If she is not up, I say a simple prayer to the goddess and trance for the next 4 hours, assuming nothing comes up otherwise.

Rizban
2012-10-26, 06:11 PM
She accepts the money and promptly heads to bed.

Morithias
2012-10-26, 06:17 PM
Money adjustment: Down to 12924 gp, and 8 silver piece.

Until I am contacted via the um...gem-phone-thingy. I am going to just go to work for the next little, while, sleep, and spend whatever you require me to on upkeep and food.

Unless someone else contacts me on the street, but until I get leadership I'm not going to start looking for a Master craftsman, or my followers.

Effect of tribute: +2 to profit checks for businesses that the temple of Waukeen organization applies to (+1 from guild, +1 from favored), for the next month.

Rizban
2012-10-29, 12:17 AM
The next day at work, a halfling woman is sitting alone at a table you're serving. She watches you intently.

Morithias
2012-10-29, 12:21 AM
"Hello Mrs."

I greet her as I come to her table.

"What would you like to order? Should I tell you about our specials? Or do you wish to try something exotic from the back room like the elven wines?"

Despite knowing I won't be here much longer, I have a reputation as a merchant and businesswoman to keep up so I play my part as a happy waitress ready to serve her customers.

Rizban
2012-10-29, 01:16 AM
She smiles coyly at you, as her emerald green eyes feel like they penetrate deep into you.

"Oh, I have quite a taste for the... exotic... tonight at least. I would say the elven wines would be precisely to my taste."

Morithias
2012-10-29, 01:22 AM
She smiles coyly at you, as her emerald green eyes feel like they penetrate deep into you.

"Oh, I have quite a taste for the... exotic... tonight at least. I would say the elven wines would be precisely to my taste."

We have a wide variety here." I say listening off the wines.

"Do you have a particular favourite? I ask cheerfully.

The moondrop is particularly popular among the higher class but it's fairly expensive, around 220 gold pieces a bottle. The basic elven mead is 60 gold pieces, while Aleeian wine is around 100 gold pieces.

(If these prices are off I apologize, these are the prices listed in the Arms and Equipment guide, and I can't give accurate prices without looking at your notes currently)

Rizban
2012-10-29, 01:24 AM
They're fine."The moondrop please... and two glasses."

Morithias
2012-10-29, 01:26 AM
I leave excited to report to the bartender. Despite it being popular among the high class, the high class often have other personal favourites. Moondrop tends to be used for special occasions, as it's easiest the most expensive wine we have in stock. I bring back a bottle and two glasses and place them on the table gracefully.

"Enjoy your drink. If you require anything else, feel free to call to me." I bow to the halfling and leave the table to continue my rounds.

Rizban
2012-10-29, 01:31 AM
Before you can leave.

"There is just one more thing.

Please, sit down."

Morithias
2012-10-29, 01:33 AM
I sit down and put on my merchant face trying to carefully watch the bartender.

Please if you have a complaint or question. Please, tell me quickly, I cannot leave the other customers for very long.

That might as well be a lie. I think. She bought a bottle of this stuff, meaning she's insanely rich I need to try to get her as a regular customer, as part of my loyal clients...

Rizban
2012-10-29, 01:39 AM
She pours two glasses of wine, handing the first to you.

"Please, tell me you're single and available."

Morithias
2012-10-29, 01:46 AM
I take the glass but do not drink, carefully placing my next few words.

If you mean romantically, yes I am single, however I am not sure if I am available for dating. I have a lot coming up in the near future, perhaps once that has all settled down.

I look at her and try to analyse her. For all I know she is a male changeling passing herself off as someone I'll reject, but if she is in disguise I can't see through it. I need to let her down softly so she doesn't cause a scene. In a world with magic and shape shifters you can never be too careful.

Rizban
2012-10-29, 02:47 AM
"Now, darling, don't be like that. Hedda here is good at making problems go away, paths get easier, and nights much, much brighter."

Morithias
2012-10-29, 11:35 AM
"Now, darling, don't be like that. Hedda here is good at making problems go away, paths get easier, and nights much, much brighter."

"Explain." I say simply.

"If one does not overcome ones own problems one does not grow. If one takes the easy path one will never face adversity. As for the nights being brighter...well I don't like the dark that much, so I suppose you have me there."

I smile at her still trying to read her. Hoping I'm not about to make an enemy.

Sense motive - [roll0]

Rizban
2012-10-29, 02:24 PM
She continues to smile the same smile. She seems to be enjoying the conversation.

"But it is always better to travel with a friend than alone. Much better. And I think you could make my nights much better too.

But you haven't even touched your wine, my dear."

Morithias
2012-10-29, 03:22 PM
She continues to smile the same smile. She seems to be enjoying the conversation.

"But it is always better to travel with a friend than alone. Much better. And I think you could make my nights much better too.

But you haven't even touched your wine, my dear."

"I'm sorry, but I am not the travelling type. In fact I just got a place of my own on lease recently." I look at the wine.

"Are you sure it's okay? It's so expensive, and well...I'm letting you down aren't I. Then again I'm not entirely sure what you're proposing exactly."

I stare at her, unable to read her fully.

Tell me straight. What do you want?

Rizban
2012-10-29, 04:40 PM
She takes a sip of wine...

"You."

Morithias
2012-10-29, 10:27 PM
She takes a sip of wine...

"You."

I grip the wine glass. "Explain, please. Why do you want me? Do you need services? Maid? Cook? Merchant?" I still do not drink yet.

Rizban
2012-10-30, 01:44 AM
"You're very naive. I like that in a plaything. No, I meant you, just you, just me, together, alone. Get the picture now?"

Morithias
2012-10-30, 10:17 AM
"You're very naive. I like that in a plaything. No, I meant you, just you, just me, together, alone. Get the picture now?"

That still didn't answer my question. I say firmly, trying to keep my composure even though I'm being hit on by a woman and had just been called "plaything".

Why me? Why not one of the hundreds of other girls in the city?I'm not that special, I'm just an ordinary girl in a magical world. I'm sure someone as rich as you, who can afford this kind of drink can find more attractive um..."play things".

I'm getting worried. I think I'm about to get in deep trouble.

Rizban
2012-10-30, 12:34 PM
"If you thought about it, you'd see you just answered your own question.

Drink the wine, you're too tense."

Morithias
2012-10-30, 12:37 PM
"If you thought about it, you'd see you just answered your own question.

Drink the wine, you're too tense."

I look at the wine and eventually sip it, trying to piece everything together.

"I can't put it together. There is nothing special about me, at least that I can think of."

I look at her, wondering if I should give her some kind of impossible task to get rid of her, like finding my parents.

Rizban
2012-10-30, 12:44 PM
"Maybe that's the appeal. Did you ever think of that? Still, you sell yourself short, my dear."

Her eyes twinkle as she says this.

Morithias
2012-10-30, 12:57 PM
"Maybe that's the appeal. Did you ever think of that? Still, you sell yourself short, my dear."

Her eyes twinkle as she says this.

"That is not how it works." I say firmly. "When there is a large supply, the value goes down. I am part of a large amount of average looking girls. There are other girls in this bar that are more attractive than me. By the law of economics they are more valuable."

I glance at her firmly. "I am sorry, but unless you come straight and honest I cannot accept you as any sort of romantic other. I dislike fast-talk, double crossing, and other such twisted ways of making business. I will clean up this city. I will make it a place where you don't have to worry about being lied to, being abandoned, and it's people like you that act all sauve and hide behind dishonest words that make it so the poor stay poor, while the rich rule over. You're a politician, nothing more."

I stand up from the table.

"Come back to me when you've learned the virtue of honesty, and dropped this snake-talk. Thank you and enjoy your drink, I'm going back to work."

Rizban
2012-10-30, 01:06 PM
She appears deeply offended, her features darkening as if a black cloud has rolled across her. She speaks in a small, quiet voice.

"How dare you talk to me like that? You arrogant little..."

Make a Will save.

Morithias
2012-10-30, 01:08 PM
She appears deeply offended, her features darkening as if a black cloud has rolled across her. She speaks in a small, quiet voice.

"How dare you talk to me like that? You arrogant little..."

Make a Will save.

Great, with my luck it's dominate person, and although I won't die, I'll spend the rest of the campaign as a sex slave...I knew I should've played something more powerful...guess that's what I get.

[roll0]

Edit: that should be a 28 if it's an enchantment spell effect, elf and all.

Rizban
2012-10-30, 01:18 PM
You feel sort of dizzy as a spell washes over you to no effect.

Make a second Will save. (Yay for Quicken!)

Morithias
2012-10-30, 01:19 PM
You feel sort of dizzy as a spell washes over you to no effect.

Make a second Will save. (Yay for Quicken!)

Okay so you're throwing level 5 plus magic at me!?! That's just mean...if I lose this campaign before I roll a single profit check....

[roll0]

Edit: and I failed. Game over. Nice playing with you. I'm leaving.

Rizban
2012-10-30, 01:21 PM
Dude, don't leave. At least wait until you see the results of the Will save.

The halfling woman hurriedly gets up and leaves. You feel very grateful that she left such a nice tip despite your rudeness to her.

Morithias
2012-10-30, 01:22 PM
Dude, don't leave. At least wait until you see the results of the Will save.

The halfling woman hurriedly gets up and leaves. You feel very grateful that she left such a nice tip despite your rudeness to her.

I shiver, and yell. "THAT WOMAN JUST CAST SOME KIND OF SPELL ON ME!" (You DO know if you pass the save, so although I don't know about the second spell I DO know about the first.)

Rizban
2012-10-30, 01:26 PM
She manages to slip out before anyone is able to stop her.

Morithias
2012-10-30, 01:30 PM
"Hedda!" I yell. "Does anyone know her?! Her name was Hedda, and she was referring to me as plaything! I think she was trying to dominate me to rape me and use me as some kind of vile sex toy!

(No offence to your DMing but she did give those vibes)

I WILL PAY FOR HER HEAD! I finally yell. She is too dangerous to be left alive!

Rizban
2012-10-30, 01:31 PM
The patrons just stare at you absolutely aghast.

The owner quickly grabs you by the shoulders and pulls you into the back room, telling you repeatedly to quiet down.

Morithias
2012-10-30, 01:33 PM
The patrons just stare at you absolutely aghast.

The owner quickly grabs you by the shoulders and pulls you into the back room, telling you repeatedly to quiet down.

I shiver scared. Help me... I say softly. She cast some spell on me that I managed to resist...I felt it, a feeling in my head like it was tried to be taken over... I shiver scared out of my mind, I was in trouble.

I'm leaving." I say finally. "I'm going to find work elsewhere, between the pinching of my butt and the near rape attempt. I no longer feel safe working here..."

Rizban
2012-10-30, 01:39 PM
"You, moron."

He knocks the coins you picked up for the wine from your hand to the floor.

"She wasn't trying to rape you, idiot. Those 'coins' are worthless pieces of wood! You apparently saw through the illusion, so she probably cast it again to leave without paying, and you were so busy wrapped up in your little fantasies that you didn't consciously notice.

But, yes, after an outburst like that, you ARE looking for work elsewhere. You're paying for the bottle of wine you wasted on her, then leaving! NOW!"

Morithias
2012-10-30, 01:44 PM
"You, moron."

He knocks the coins you picked up for the wine from your hand to the floor.

"She wasn't trying to rape you, idiot. Those 'coins' are worthless pieces of wood! You apparently saw through the illusion, so she probably cast it again to leave without paying, and you were so busy wrapped up in your little fantasies that you didn't consciously notice.

But, yes, after an outburst like that, you ARE looking for work elsewhere. You're paying for the bottle of wine you wasted on her, then leaving! NOW!"

"Fine!" I give him 220 gold pieces, then bolt. "I thought I was in trouble, you could show more care for your employees!"

Money alteration down to 12704 gp.

I leave the bar.

I'll show him... I'll drive his business into the ground and put him into poverty. In fact, SCREW THIS CITY!" If no one cares about me why should I care about them! Waukeen isn't even a good god anyways, this is her sign isn't it. That caring is weakness. Money is power, and that's all that matters.

A crisis of faith and emotions is striking her. She is conflicted about her morals and what matters.

Rizban
2012-10-30, 01:46 PM
You find yourself in the street. It's mid afternoon, and small crowds of people walk up and down the street.

Morithias
2012-10-30, 01:55 PM
You find yourself in the street. It's mid afternoon, and small crowds of people walk up and down the street.

I go to a library to do research on deities besides Waukeen who are about wealth and power. If Waukeen isn't going to watch over me, why should I keep worshipping her?

"Waukeen...Mammon...there aren't any good aligned gods of coin are there?"

A particular goddess catches her eye. "Estanna..."

I shake my head at this. "No, no worshipping a goddess of the kitchen." I pull up more books and sheets. "Maybe....no...no one would buy from a shop that has HER symbol on the wall."

I eventually leave the library still having my crisis of faith. I decide to go back to the shrine and talk to the priest.

"Wanalla, we need to talk. I'm having a crisis of faith."

Rizban
2012-10-30, 02:37 PM
Is there something specific you're looking for?You come across references to a number of interesting deities:

Coin, the god of, surprisingly, currency and trade, greedy beyond compare and thoroughly evil.
Necrophytes, god of pimps, panderers and go-betweens. A new god, but a very hard worker.
Inary, the god of the wind, sorrow, courtships, and... pork sandwiches?
Nonoulhu, the asexual deity of nudity
Sifah, the goddess of beans, clouds, and second thoughts
Kesu, god of Fertility and Victory, known to be male but always take female form when appearing to mortals
Ginu Rro, goddess of deserts and desserts
Kaeta, the goddess of horses
Eneasher, goddess of night, nightmares and fate
Inem, the goddess of money, wishes and bad luck
Dreasseth, the god of secrets and thieves
Eloandry, the god of misery and chaos

Morithias
2012-10-30, 03:08 PM
Is there something specific you're looking for?You come across references to a number of interesting deities:

Coin, the god of, surprisingly, currency and trade, greedy beyond compare and thoroughly evil.


This. Totally this.

I head to the shrine of Coin, to speak to them, careful not to carry much cash with myself out of paranoia.

Rizban
2012-10-30, 05:18 PM
The shrine is approximately 3 feet tall, 2 feet wide, and 1.5 feet deep. A small statue venerating Coin is affixed in the center of it. A slot is carved into the base, which you immediately recognize as a place to deposit money in veneration of Coin.

There are no priests in attendance.

Morithias
2012-10-30, 05:31 PM
The shrine is approximately 3 feet tall, 2 feet wide, and 1.5 feet deep. A small statue venerating Coin is affixed in the center of it. A slot is carved into the base, which you immediately recognize as a place to deposit money in veneration of Coin.

There are no priests in attendance.

I go through my pockets. Having not brought many coins. "A day's wage I guess." I say to no one and I place 24 gold pieces and 8 silver. Before letting out a small prayer.

"I don't know much about your religion, but Waukeen isn't helping me anymore. If you have the power to aid me, please do, and I will continue to give tribute."

I start to leave the shrine before looking back and leaving after one last look.

Money change: Down to 12900 gp.

Rizban
2012-10-30, 06:37 PM
You hear the sound of coins clinking on coins as you drop in your tithe.

The statue's open hands before it seem to almost twitch as if alive before a small, blue gem the size of a small acorn manifests in its hands.

Morithias
2012-10-30, 06:45 PM
You hear the sound of coins clinking on coins as you drop in your tithe.

The statue's open hands before it seem to almost twitch as if alive before a small, blue gem the size of a small acorn manifests in its hands.

I look at the gem.

"Um...is this some kind of test?"

I look at it and examine the statue.

Okay, from what I know Coin is greedy by nature. So logically as a god he would want his followers to be the same...on the other hand no one hates being ripped off more than a greedy person....plus the gem would've been taken before..."

I approach the gem and examine the statue up and down. I also appraise the gem. Taking my time and being careful to examine it.

I get 21 on my appraise check.

"What am I in the dark?"

Rizban
2012-10-30, 06:50 PM
The gem appears to be an uncut aquamarine worth approximately 78 gold.

Morithias
2012-10-30, 06:54 PM
The gem appears to be an uncut aquamarine worth approximately 78 gold.

I weigh my options.

"Okay. I take the gem, put in another tribute, and see what happens, if another gem appears. Well we'll settle that then. If another one doesn't I put the gem back and never speak of this again."

I take the gem, then pull out my coin purse to put in another tribute, bracing myself in case I just set off a trap.

Rizban
2012-10-30, 07:37 PM
How much tribute do you put in?

Morithias
2012-10-30, 07:39 PM
How much tribute do you put in?

The second time, I place in 50 gp. More than before.

Down to 12850 gp.

Rizban
2012-10-30, 07:42 PM
Nothing happens.

Morithias
2012-10-30, 07:47 PM
"Meh. I guess I broke even, assuming this thing isn't an illusion. Interesting place though. I'll have to check back every once in a while to see what's going on."

I turn to leave the shrine turning back to look at the statue. "Coin, huh...interesting name. I wonder what kind of man he was before godhood." I leave the shrine to go back to the temple of Waukeen to rest for the night. Before finding another job.

Rizban
2012-10-30, 11:26 PM
You sleep.

Morithias
2012-10-30, 11:29 PM
You sleep.

I have....seven days left I think.

I go scout the market and try to see if I can find the shop that the Artificer was talking about.

Gather information: 20
Knowledge (local): 21

Rizban
2012-10-31, 02:54 AM
What shop now?

Morithias
2012-10-31, 02:58 AM
What shop now?

Okay the house he told me about where I was going to setup shop. The one I basically sold myself into potential slavery hoping to open. Don't tell me he's going to betray me too...then again given the title of the campaign I probably should have seen it coming...parents are missing in action, I still don't know what the temple of waukeen is giving me with my favored in guild feat, I'm about to be thrown on the street, I got fired.

Yeah I can see why there is a large lack of good aligned people in this city, cause anyone good gets mugged until they're jaded enough to go neutral or evil.

If you're attempting to play a "Break the Cutie" plot you're doing a very good job, at this rate if she doesn't go into poverty and commit suicide, she's going to become a Shadowrun megacorp, and attempt to kidnap the princess to sell to the devils for sacrifice.

Seriously look back at the thread, the ONE place she's actually made a profit was at the temple to the dark god.

Rizban
2012-10-31, 03:31 AM
Sorry that it's not going the way you expected... Seriously though, you've got two good contacts, are being setup with a shop for practically nothing, and, frankly, I forgot you had that feat...

Your setbacks are... being hit on by a bard illusionist and freaking out over it, getting yourself fired, and willfully turning your back on your deity. What other actual setbacks have you seen?


Favored: You get a +2 circumstance bonus in Diplo and GI when dealing with followers of Waukeen.
You also get 14 days free lodging at the temple, provided there is room. 14 days is the maximum allowed due to certain legal restrictions in Aldhaven. I set your current number at 9, because you mentioned having been there a few days already.

As to your parents, you mentioned them IC as supposed to have been at the temple or something, but I don't know anything else about them. Was I supposed to make up parents for you or something?

Morithias
2012-10-31, 09:40 AM
As to your parents, you mentioned them IC as supposed to have been at the temple or something, but I don't know anything else about them. Was I supposed to make up parents for you or something?

No, it's just that was the justification for the favored feat, she was favored because she was born and raised in the temple, with the parents out of the picture, there's no justification for the feat.

I'm sorry, I guess I was just expecting more number crunching and not as much roleplaying, I'm sorry. I've wanted to play this for a long time. *Sighs*

I suppose you've got enough on your plate already without me complaining. But I think our play styles and plans aren't meeting, I'm not used to this level of roleplay, and I'm used to more rolling and number crunching. I guess I just suck at this game. My paranoia and overreaching to things doesn't help, let's face it, most of her problems haven't been cause of in-character, but because I'm an idiot. She'd almost be better of as an NPC...

*sighs* I guess I'm just not cut out for the merchant game. Maybe I should try something else. What's your stance on the ravenloft books?

Rizban
2012-10-31, 10:07 PM
Well, if you're more interested in number crunching, then you're free to do that. I've mostly just been putting random encounters in your path and reacting to what you've done as a player. It's your choice whether or not you want to give up this character.

Ravenloft is a Swords & Sorcery product. Officially licensed doesn't count. I might consider allowing something from it, but don't count on it.

Morithias
2012-10-31, 10:13 PM
Well, if you're more interested in number crunching, then you're free to do that. I've mostly just been putting random encounters in your path and reacting to what you've done as a player. It's your choice whether or not you want to give up this character.

Ravenloft is a Swords & Sorcery product. Officially licensed doesn't count. I might consider allowing something from it, but don't count on it.

Really? I thought it was WOTC.

I guess...I um...I don't know. Go back to the shrine of Waukeen and stay there until he contacts me. Since I clearly don't know where the house is. No one would be insane enough to attack a shrine to a deity, I have no job, and there's no point in looking for one if I'm just going to be leaving it in 3-4 days.

Rizban
2012-11-01, 12:34 AM
Oh... You meant the shop Hagan said he was going to buy. Yeah, sorry. I just couldn't figure out which shop you meant. I got confused, which is why I asked "what shop".You know the shop is just off of the Plaza, so it doesn't take you long to find it. You walk about a block down each side street until you find the only building that isn't openly running a shop, tavern, or inn of some sort.

It appears to be on a small cul-de-sac to the west of the Sad Flint. It seems a bit off the beaten path, but there are a decent number of people walking through the area that it seems viable.

Morithias
2012-11-01, 12:38 AM
Oh... You meant the shop Hagan said he was going to buy. Yeah, sorry. I just couldn't figure out which shop you meant. I got confused, which is why I asked "what shop".You know the shop is just off of the Plaza, so it doesn't take you long to find it. You walk about a block down each side street until you find the only building that isn't openly running a shop, tavern, or inn of some sort.

It appears to be on a small cul-de-sac to the west of the Sad Flint. It seems a bit off the beaten path, but there are a decent number of people walking through the area that it seems viable.

I make a note of the address and record it in my journals. I can't go into the house less I get charged for breaking and entering. THEN I head back to the shrine and wait for the call.

Rizban
2012-11-01, 03:45 AM
Seeing you hanging around the temple, the priestess approaches you.

"Sister, since it seems you have nothing else to do today, would you help me in service to Waukeen? The altar needs polishing, and I need to climb up and dust away the cobwebs. The grounds need tending too. There's just always so much to do that I can never get to it all and meet the needs of supplicants too. Any help would be greatly appreciated by me and Waukeen."

She smiles happily and innocently at you.

Morithias
2012-11-02, 11:57 AM
Seeing you hanging around the temple, the priestess approaches you.

"Sister, since it seems you have nothing else to do today, would you help me in service to Waukeen? The altar needs polishing, and I need to climb up and dust away the cobwebs. The grounds need tending too. There's just always so much to do that I can never get to it all and meet the needs of supplicants too. Any help would be greatly appreciated by me and Waukeen."

She smiles happily and innocently at you.

"Well...I suppose that would give me something to do." I smile at her. "Sure I'll help."

Profession (maid)

[roll0]

Rizban
2012-11-03, 03:57 AM
You work hard, get much accomplished, and sleep well.

The next morning, after eating breakfast at the temple, you hear a faint, repetitive chime every few seconds.

Morithias
2012-11-03, 07:21 PM
You work hard, get much accomplished, and sleep well.

The next morning, after eating breakfast at the temple, you hear a faint, repetitive chime every few seconds.

"The crystal!" I say and I attempt to work it to answer his communications. "Um hello? Can you hear me? I'm not sure if I have this working."

(Sorry for taking so long to reply I'm moving into a new apartment so my last few days have been super busy, around the 5th and later I may be without internet so I may have to stop posting temporarily)

Rizban
2012-11-03, 11:12 PM
{Hello. I have completed the purchase of the building and acquired the appropriate permits. When are you to be ready to open?}

Morithias
2012-11-03, 11:16 PM
{Hello. I have completed the purchase of the building and acquired the appropriate permits. When are you to be ready to open?}

"I just need to go to city hall and buy the first few items. I can open once I pay the business license costs, and stock the shop. I'll head to the city hall now to pay the licenses, or do you have another idea?"

Rizban
2012-11-04, 09:57 PM
{I already acquired the necessary licenses... I thought you had stock ready to go. That's why I accepted the joint venture.}

Morithias
2012-11-04, 09:58 PM
{I already acquired the necessary licenses... I thought you had stock ready to go. That's why I accepted the joint venture.}

"ACK! I'll be there in a few minutes! Just let me head to the guilds!"

I quickly get ready and say goodbye to the priest and run to go to the guilds to stock the shop to get ready to open up. "I'm sorry. I didn't have anywhere to store everything...since I kinda live at the temple of Waukeen. I'll be ready in a short while!"

Rizban
2012-11-07, 11:56 PM
The guilds?

What are you trying to buy?

Morithias
2012-11-08, 12:01 AM
The guilds?

What are you trying to buy?

Let's see.

"Capital: This indicates the amount of free cash required to start a low, medium, or high initial investment business in the indicated region. This money,once sent to start a business, is gone and cannot be recovered. The money covers all the intangible costs of starting a business, including bribes to the appropriate officials, purchasing of equipment and supplies needs to run the business, advertising, tithes, and taxes. The cost of buildings and employees is not covered by the initial investment."

So basically the starting stock. A bit of equipment, and a supplies.

Nothing special. You can't run a store without stock after all.

Rizban
2012-11-08, 12:08 AM
Ah, starting "stock." Got it. Is that beef or chicken stock?

Seriously though, what kind of items? Or did you want me to just randomly roll what your starting stuff is?

Morithias
2012-11-08, 12:12 AM
Ah, starting "stock." Got it. Is that beef or chicken stock?

Seriously though, what kind of items? Or did you want me to just randomly roll what your starting stuff is?

A little bit of everything. Mostly stuff that the lower class need. Food, bits of clothes. Basically non-adventuring materials. No weapons, no armor, no magical items.

Basically daily necessities, like clothes and stuff. You know that stuff that no one ever buy in the arms and equipment guide cause it's stuff that non-adventurers use, and not magical items? That stuff.

Rizban
2012-11-09, 02:23 AM
You're able to acquire that at fairly reasonable rates. However, once you arrive at the location with all the items, you notice you somehow ended up with two large crates of beef bullion that you didn't order. Strange how fate twists sometimes.

Morithias
2012-11-09, 02:27 AM
You're able to acquire that at fairly reasonable rates. However, once you arrive at the location with all the items, you notice you somehow ended up with two large crates of beef bullion that you didn't order. Strange how fate twists sometimes.

I enter the store, and examine it. Deciding to deal with the crates of beef later, figuring so long as I don't sell them, I should be okay.

OOC: Okay, I never actually recorded the 7500 gp from the loan, should I just wait for you to give me the word to remove 16k from my gold pieces?

"Hello, sir? Are you here?" I call into the store, not wanting to accidentally look like I'm breaking into it.

Rizban
2012-11-09, 04:35 PM
You find Hagan sitting on a hovering crystal disk, tinkering with some sort of device he appears to be building. His faithful clockwork canine sits patiently by his side.

"Ah, I was beginning to wonder if you were backing out of our deal."

Morithias
2012-11-09, 05:01 PM
You find Hagan sitting on a hovering crystal disk, tinkering with some sort of device he appears to be building. His faithful clockwork canine sits patiently by his side.

"Ah, I was beginning to wonder if you were backing out of our deal."

"Not backing out. You told me to wait for your call and I did, and I couldn't exactly store a bunch of stuff at the small shrine...I'll have to build a warehouse eventually I guess."

I walk into the store. "I've got the first stock...the registration is done. I guess all that's left is spreading the word and stocking the store and opening it. Then make the money to pay you back."

Rizban
2012-11-09, 05:10 PM
"Sounds reasonable. I'll leave you to that. Be sure you make the payments on time, and don't squander this."

he hands you a bank receipt for 7500.

Morithias
2012-11-09, 05:25 PM
"Sounds reasonable. I'll leave you to that. Be sure you make the payments on time, and don't squander this."

he hands you a bank receipt for 7500.

"Understood sir."

I take the receipt and carefully pocket it.

I spend the rest of the day doing last minute bookkeeping, stocking the store, and spreading the word.

Money change

Increase from 12900 to 20400 (+7500)
Decrease from 20400 to 4400 (-16000)

Capital and resources have been spent. All that's left to do is level up the character to level 6, unless the DM has anything else to say.

Rizban
2012-11-12, 06:51 AM
What level were you going to take again?

Morithias
2012-11-12, 11:53 AM
What level were you going to take again?

Level 1 in merchant princess. I kept myself at level 5 Master, cause I didn't qualify for the prestige class.

The character will go from Master 5 to Master 5/Merchant Princess 1

Rizban
2012-11-12, 01:02 PM
Right, sorry, was early this morning and couldn't remember. Yeah, go ahead.

Morithias
2012-11-12, 01:17 PM
The follow gains have happened.

9 skill points

Appraise: +1
Bluff: +1
Diplomacy: +1
Forgery: +1
Gather info: +1
knowledge local: +1
shopkeeper: +1
sense motive: +1
Use magic device: +1

Feat: Leadership

Class: Merchant Princess

Gain: Spellcasting, Master of Commerce, Merchantile Knowledge

+2 reflex save

Rizban
2012-11-12, 02:12 PM
The gains, they happen.

Morithias
2012-11-12, 02:22 PM
The gains, they happen.

[roll0]

(I forgot the HP)

I finish arranging the store, and then switch the sign from "Closed" to "Open". I figure I'll be able to handle the few customers I get on the first day, and will hire specialists and so on, after the day's work.

Rizban
2012-11-12, 02:48 PM
It takes you six hours to get the store ready for business, allowing you only two hours before people expect shops to start closing for the night. With no prior advertising, the only person who walks in is the man running the shop next door. He comes in just after he closes up for the night.

"Well, howdy! I'm Siegward."

The man appears to be in his late 20s or early 30s but is already starting to turn gray. His beard can only be described as patchy and his hair unkempt. His clothes, however, are of very fine quality. He thrusts his hand out to you with great bravado.

Morithias
2012-11-12, 03:43 PM
It takes you six hours to get the store ready for business, allowing you only two hours before people expect shops to start closing for the night. With no prior advertising, the only person who walks in is the man running the shop next door. He comes in just after he closes up for the night.

"Well, howdy! I'm Siegward."

The man appears to be in his late 20s or early 30s but is already starting to turn gray. His beard can only be described as patchy and his hair unkempt. His clothes, however, are of very fine quality. He thrusts his hand out to you with great bravado.

"Greetings!" I bow to him. "I am Servalwi Endoss, but you can call me Serawi. How may I help you today? We just opened up and are stocked with food, clothing, and various items, all at reasonable prices."

Rizban
2012-11-12, 04:25 PM
"Aw, shucks. I dun need nuffin'. I were just wantin' to see what me new neighbor was like is all. She's a mighty fine good looker at that too."

He grins and winks at you.

Morithias
2012-11-12, 04:33 PM
"Aw, shucks. I dun need nuffin'. I were just wantin' to see what me new neighbor was like is all. She's a mighty fine good looker at that too."

He grins and winks at you.

I ready my defences. "Thank you. I'm sorry but it is about time for me to close up. If you are not going to make a purchase, may you please exit the establishment?"

'Not falling for this trick again.' I think in my head. 'Romance is for idiots anyways.'

Rizban
2012-11-12, 04:39 PM
"Well, I nevar! Guess it's true wot they say. All elves gots a branch shoved where tha sun don' shine."

He leaves, slamming the door on his way out.

Morithias
2012-11-12, 05:42 PM
"Well, I nevar! Guess it's true wot they say. All elves gots a branch shoved where tha sun don' shine."

He leaves, slamming the door on his way out.

"Geeze I didn't think I was that rude." I sigh and close down the shop.

I sleep at the back of the shop I assume?

Rizban
2012-11-12, 06:32 PM
The shop has no bedrooms attached. Hagan didn't consider that you would need a place to sleep.

Morithias
2012-11-12, 06:39 PM
The shop has no bedrooms attached. Hagan didn't consider that you would need a place to sleep.

Well seeing how I "trance" rather than actually sleep. I guess I'll just do that behind the counter. I mean if an adventurer can sleep in the middle of the woods with no problems I don't think it's that farfetched for me to sleep on the floor.