PDA

View Full Version : Overthrowing the Humans



Eisen_Hammer
2012-10-23, 12:05 AM
KaratzasYou were just captured by the humans of a small mage ran town of Grillian. You are being taken to be hung for your crime of stealing the power of the humans.

All

The bells are ringing in your ears. This can only mean one thing someone was caught practicing magic. This person is now going to be hung for their crime. You know what this will do to the young to watch but you have no choice but to follow the hoard of non humans to watch another of your breathern be killed for simply being different.

OOC Thread. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=14096190#post14096190)

Space Lawyer
2012-10-23, 11:21 AM
Urdak

Urdak wades through the throng curious to see what fool was caught practicing magic this time. Most of the crowd parts before the the massive creature, feeling the footsteps behind them, or simply noticing a shadow looming over. A few less perceptive individuals are shoved to the side as Urdak bumps into them. It isn't malicious; Urdak simply doesn't notice such small, weak things. The more clever (and smaller) creatures hitch a ride, climbing up the moving mountain to get a better view. Urdak doesn't particularly mind, as the small creatures weigh less than the weapons he is accustomed to wielding. He doesn't need to get closer to have a view, as he towers over most of the assembled creatures, he simply enjoys being able to do so. "YOU MOVE, OR I CRUSH! YOU MOVE NOW!", he bellows. Better to let them think him an ill-tempered, irrational brute. It saved time, rather than having the small ones think they could get their way.

dextercorvia
2012-10-23, 01:05 PM
Karatzas

Kar held his head high as he was escorted toward the gallows. He stood over a head taller than his captors. Brown ugly bruises marred his azure countenance, but his bright violet eyes remained resolved. He was beaten, but not broken, captured, but undaunted. Wings, the color of midnight, were bound tightly against his back with ropes. These humans were taking few chances.

The captive surveyed the mob of onlookers. Scores of poor pathetic slaves looked back. Why do they not see that freedom is theirs for the taking? All they have to do is reach out and snatch it from these malodorous humans. Maybe I can reach a few of them, before it is too late...

Kar met the gaze of the crowd as he was led toward his doom. Knowing that it would mean another beating, he began, "Brethren! What crime have I committed? Naught but to live apart from these fat cravens -- to use the magic of my fathers, unchained and free. They my take my life from me, but that is far less precious than my freedom. The human scum know they can not break my will, and that is why they must hang me. They have harnessed you like oxen, to make you believe you are tame like sheep. They are afraid! Don't you see? Humans are afraid of me, of YOU, of all of us! Will you trudge through the rest of your life as someone's slave, or will you give them something to be afraid of?"

mattie_p
2012-10-23, 06:55 PM
Halau

Halau heard the bell toll just as he finished his morning prayers. He sighs. The poor soul. What did he do to deserve this? What did we all do to deserve being treated as evil, just for being able to use magic? Are the gods human? Why are they not slain? No, humans only do this because they are strong and united, and we are weak and divided.

The bell tolled again, a summons which could not be denied.

"I better go, or I risk being called to the gallows as an example."

Halau tucks the holy symbol into his leathers, opens the window to his aerie, and flies out, to watch the doomed victim hang.

Techwarrior
2012-10-23, 08:25 PM
Damn, I was just getting somewhere finally. I guess that means breaking out is going to be put off until tomorrow.

Nightshade makes certain that he is seen leaving with the others, but then tries to blend in with the crowd, perhaps he'll see an out that the others don't.

When Karatzas starts yelling to the crowd, Nightshade looks on it as an opening. He quickly scans the guards, and looks around for a way out.

Maybe I can use this man to get out, that would be quite the blow to the 'humans' and be entertaining to boot.

Nighshade Hides in Plain Sight [roll0] Hide check.

He then proceeds to look around at the guards and for an escape route.
[roll1] Spot
[roll2] Search if necessary

OOC
Does Nightshade recognize Karatzas, and does he have his weapons on him?

Eisen_Hammer
2012-10-24, 01:55 AM
Techwarrior:If you have your weapons you might be putting yourself in danger. Most of the time you would only grab them if you planned on using them. I will let you decide if you have them.

As for recognizing him I am going to leave that to you to decide.

"They are a broken bunch and they fear us as you should, and you will learn before we kill you. Graphni put him in to the gallows." The lead mage of the town tells her well known half orc protector.

Dextercorvia"Look at the power Garren has given the humans, we are gods to the lesser races. No one disputes our power." She whispers to you as she has you bound.


DM only.Use Rope Check[roll0]

Space Lawyer
2012-10-24, 08:42 AM
Urdak

Urdak settles down about 30' from the gallows, close enough to get a good view, but far enough that the humans wouldn't get nervous. He tended to have that effect on people. "WHY OUR PROBLEM? YOU GET CAUGHT! MANY HUMANS AFRAID OF URDAK, BECAUSE URDAK IS STRONGEST!" A number of the assembled creatures nodded and murmured their assent, having either fought against Urdak in the arena, or watched the gladiatorial matches. URDAK HAVE GOOD LIFE! URDAK GETS TO FIGHT! URDAK LIKES FIGHTING! WHY HELP YOU?

OOC
Urdak just needs a good reason to start fighting the humans. Someone else is going to need to throw the first punch. He won't just start attacking the humans, but if one of them attacks him, he'll get mad and start tearing limbs off.

dextercorvia
2012-10-24, 09:12 AM
Karatzas

Kar responded to his captor, but loudly for the benefit of his audience. "It is you who will learn fear, Human. We are everywhere -- burning your crops, poisoning your food, and strangling your bairns. You require my brethren to serve you, but they will eat at you like a cancer, growing and destroying you from within."

Hearing the bellowing from the crowd, Kar turned his attention to the mountain that is before him. Smiling, the untamed man answers the challenge. "A good life, Urdak? Is it good that the weak can tell the Strongest who to fight, and when to fight? As the strongest, shouldn't you choose your opponents? Shouldn't you decide when to eat, when to fight, and when to breed? You have the good life of a bull in pasture, but you should be a lion. Urdak should be a king, not a slave!"

Kar looked back at the mage. "We are everywhere human. Watch your step." With that, his eyes glinted, and low hum spread out from Kar toward the woman. With it, a shockwave traveled along the ground.

Stomp -- Reflex DC 17 or prone and [roll0] nonlethal damage. If he can get Graphni or some others, too, then he will.

Techwarrior
2012-10-24, 10:06 AM
OOC
Seeing as Nightshade can pretty much disappear if need be, i'll say he still has his gear.

This will do nicely. Lets see this Graphni take him away while she's full of arrows.

Nightshade calls out, "We are everywhere, as you will soon learn. after he draws his bow.

After that exclamation he comes out of the crowd, and looses an arrow at Graphni.
[roll0] Attack +1 for PBS
[roll1] Crit Confirm +1 for PBS
[roll2]+[roll3] Damage (with Skirmish) +1 for PBS

sigma87
2012-10-24, 10:06 AM
Casts alter self to appear as a human, [roll0] disguise check

Such excitement today. Hakuzo chuckles, walking through the crowd wearing the face of a human, dressed in mage garb. 200 years without stirring up trouble, now I'm putting myself in the thick of it. "One side, peons. Make way for your better, I must have a look at the condemned!"

Eisen_Hammer
2012-10-24, 10:50 AM
Nightshades arrows go wide. Karatzas lets out a mighty stomp knocking over the mage and Graphni. The others stay standing and make a defensive position around the two leaders. Surprisingly they seemed to be ready for this sort of situation. Two of the mages cast Benign Transposition changing places with their bosses becoming prone while their masters become standing.

Roll for init.

DM notesBoss lady[roll0]
Graphni[roll1]
mooks[roll2]

sigma87
2012-10-24, 10:54 AM
Reflex save! [roll0] forgot modifier for original roll... +5 makes it a 12 total.

Hakuzo is knocked prone. [Son of a bitch, that's embarrassing. "Fools! Respect my eldritch might!"

Eisen_Hammer
2012-10-24, 10:58 AM
Init rolls for baddies.

When the arrows went flying the weak willed non humans started to scramble out of the way. The area looks like it is a big open field with a raised platform in the middle that stands about 10 feet off the ground.

Map (https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B_QlM9V7y-8sbmI0SmVqSEx3V2M)

The x is where it is raised off of
R is Rachel the big bad mage chick
G is Graphni
PW is prone wizard


[/code]

Dm notes
Lady[roll0]
Graphni[roll1]
Mooks[roll2]

sigma87
2012-10-24, 11:12 AM
[roll0]

At first opportunity, Hakuzo will run to the gallows, and try to stand with the human and orc captors.

Techwarrior
2012-10-24, 11:18 AM
Initiative [roll0]

mattie_p
2012-10-24, 11:20 AM
Halau
Halau was flying slowly across the square when the chaos broke loose. He caught some of the action, but was surprised at how quickly events unfolded.

What am I getting myself into? The safest thing to do would be to keep flying right now. Instead I am going to throw myself into battle, unprepared.

Initiative[roll0]

dextercorvia
2012-10-24, 12:25 PM
Karatzas

Kar jerked away from the half-orc with the noose -- the one called Graphni. "As I said, we are everywhere. Watch your step, human!" The captive called upon his mental reserves again. Ectoplasmic gel oozed across the platform toward the woman and her bodyguard.


5' step south, Manifest Psionic Grease (Ref DC 17) covering the squares of Rachel and Graphni, and the two squares immediately to the right. 1 round duration.

Init:14
HP7/7
AC:16/14/14
F/R/W:+3/+4/+4
PP:3/4

sigma87
2012-10-24, 12:42 PM
Hakuzo recovers his feet and draws his sword. This will only make it worse for you, sub human scum! He shouts as he slips a dagger into his left hand.

Sleight of hand [roll0] attempting to keep dagger hidden while drawing.

Space Lawyer
2012-10-24, 12:49 PM
Urdak

Oh, come on! I was just trying to enjoy a show, and now this! Still the, prisoner did make a cogent and well-reasoned argument.

Initiative: [roll0]

mattie_p
2012-10-24, 03:15 PM
Halau

As Halau is flying over the square, he makes a quick decision. Blood will be shed today one way or another, might as well make it human blood. They have enslaved us for too long.

Halau quickly casts a spell, summoning a celestial badger next Karatzas.

Halau lands near Urdak (to his right) and casts Bless. "If you're against the humans, this will help us strike a blow! Finally!"

The badger attacks the one known as Rachel. DMM:Quickened Summon Monster I: Celestial Badger (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/badger.htm)

Claw 1:
confirm: [roll[1d20+5
Damage: (using Smite Attempt, if evil +1 damage)

Claw 2:[roll2]
confirm: [roll[1d20+5
Damage:

Bite: [roll4]
confirm: [roll[1d20
Damage: [roll5]

Man, I butchered that all up, didn't I. What I Get for cutting and pasting

Eisen_Hammer
2012-10-25, 01:40 AM
Initiative order:

Graphni(22)
Mattie(22)
dexter(14
Rachel(8)
Sigma(7)
Tech(5)
Urdak(4)
Mooks(4)

Grapni swings his two handed sword at Karatzas. Halau summons a badger who lands one paw against Rachel, dealing 4 points of dmg and then casts bless on Urdak. Karatzas summons a pool of ooze under Rachel and Grapni. Rachel pulls out a scroll and reads the scroll, when she is finished it falls from her hands and she looks worried. Hakuzo draws his dagger makes a threat but does not move more towards the non humans(still appears to be an enemy).

Tech you are up. Anyone else not having gone this turn should also say what they are planning on doing.





DM notes[roll0][roll1]

Space Lawyer
2012-10-25, 08:15 AM
Oh, wonderful. Now a talking owl is casting magic right next to me. I really have no desire to be guilty by association. I should probably try and explain myself to someone in charge before this gets out of control.

Urdak raises his hands and begins walking towards Rachel. "URDAK NOT BAD. HUMAN NOT MAGIC AT URDAK!"

mattie_p
2012-10-25, 08:31 AM
(Actually Halau casts bless targeting all non-humans and all non-half orcs within 30 feet. Hakuzo appears human, so does not benefit.)

Badger[roll0]
[roll1] to confirm crit
1 point of damage if successful, 2 on a crit

Eisen_Hammer
2012-10-25, 08:44 AM
To see if she gets the spell off DC 12

[roll0]

Spell still goes off.

Techwarrior
2012-10-25, 10:48 AM
Nightshade moves two spaces up, and two left, fading from view. He then wills the gong to silence.

Move action: Move 20 feet and hide (in plain sight) [roll0]
Standard action: Use Silence as a Spell-like ability targeting the gong.

Silence
20 ft radius emanation, 1 minute duration, caster level 1
Since I cast it on the gong, only the gong gets a save and SR.

Eisen_Hammer
2012-10-25, 10:50 AM
No gong no more. The spell faild so her sending did not work.

sigma87
2012-10-25, 02:07 PM
Hakuzo moves up next to Karatzas and whispers to the Fey: Have my back, fairy boy. This is going nowhere good. And makes an attack against the adjacent orc and offers the dagger for Karatzas to take.

Attack: [roll0] Damage: [roll1]

Eisen_Hammer
2012-10-25, 07:33 PM
Nightshade makes sure the gong is not going off any time soon. And Urdak moves non threateningly towards Rachel. Wizard 1 and 2 stand up after being knocked prone, not provoking any AoO because Karatzas is not yet holding a weapon and Hakuzo is not there yet. The two half orcs move and attack the badger. Graphni moves slowly out of the grease effect provoking an AoO from the Badger if not dead. Then will attack Karatzas.


HO#1[roll0]
[roll1]
HO#2[roll2]
[roll3]

G[roll4]
[roll5]


Halau and after in initiative you are up

mattie_p
2012-10-25, 07:57 PM
((Badger dies, but doesn't have Combat Reflexes so wouldn't get an AoO anyway))

Halau pulls his crossbow from his backpack and readies an action to shoot the first spellcaster who attempts to cast a spell.

attack:[roll0]
to confirm: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

"In for a copper, in for a gold, eh?"

Techwarrior
2012-10-25, 09:47 PM
"URDAK NOT BAD. HUMAN NOT MAGIC AT URDAK!"

Nightshade moves 20 ft to the left, looses another arrow at Graphni, and calls out to Urdak before fading from view.

"Come now Urdak, first you claim to be strongest, now you hide beneath your captors skirts? What will your following think of that? If I weren't certain of our escape, I'd challenge you myself!

Actions
Move 20 ft and Hide (in pain sight) [roll0]
Attack: Graphni [roll1] Should be flat-footed against me, having hidden last turn.
[roll2] Crit Confirm
[roll3]+[roll4] Damage

Space Lawyer
2012-10-25, 09:54 PM
Well, that was just rude. Oh, sure, insult a man then disappear. I'm going to wring his neck if I can find him!

Urdak bellows and charges, but stops short when he sees the grease.

Well, if magic weren't illegal for simply being magic, it should be for people leaving grease all over the ground.

OOC
I'm aware it is psionic. Urdak isn't.

dextercorvia
2012-10-26, 12:58 PM
Karatzas

Kar accepted the dagger, and watched as the man turned on his own bodyguard. "Thanks human."

Kar taps yet another ability -- this one a gift from his mother -- and turns invisible. Once out of sight, he puts a little distance between himself and Graphni, giving himself a chance to work on his bonds.

Standard:Invisibility SLA,
5'step to the SE between the mage and half-orc
Move: Try to get out of the ropes -- [roll0]

Init:14
HP1/7
AC:16/14/14
F/R/W:+3/+4/+4
PP:3/4

Space Lawyer
2012-10-26, 01:33 PM
Urdak bellows, and charges the gallows. Whoever these people are, the rude little invisible man is probably trying to rescue his equally irresponsible friend.

Charging gore at the supports of the gallows
Power Attack 4
Attack: [roll0]
If necessary, crit confirm: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

Eisen_Hammer
2012-10-26, 04:19 PM
Halau gets out his crossbow and is ready to shoot. Nightshade hits Graphni dealing 7 damage. Rachel starts to look frantic. She pulls out another scroll and reads it getting hit by a crossbow bolt. Hakuzo hits a half orc with a dagger. Nightshade hits Graphni with an arrow. Urdak starts to rip appart the supports. Anyone on the platform make a reflex save dc 15 or be knocked prone. The half orcs and nameless wizards get knocked down. Anyone standing and threatening them can AoO them as they stand up for their move.

Graphni stands up again.







Concentration[roll0]

Mooks[roll1]
Graphni[roll2]
Rachel[roll3]

dextercorvia
2012-10-26, 09:14 PM
Karatzas

Kar toppled as the Strongest rocked the platform. Finding some allies had been unexpected. He hadn't thought that he would have made it this far. But, as he started to taste freedom again, Kar worried that it still might not be enough. With his hands free, the fey could rely on his own spellcasting. It might be just what was needed.

Kar pulled himself to his feet, thankful that his opponents couldn't see his momentary weakness. He slid around the far side of one of the lesser mages, and hurled a blast of colored lights back into the fray.

As he winked back into visibility, Kar hoped that it was worthwhile.


Move: Stand up
5' step to the east of the little w wiz
Standard: Cast Color Spray (On Rachel, both wizs, and Graphni -- I can't tell distances for sure, but I think Urdak is out of range, if not, then OOC apologies) Will DC 17 or
2 HD or less

The creature is unconscious, blinded, and stunned for [roll0] rounds, then blinded and stunned for [roll1] rounds, and then stunned for 1 round. (Only living creatures are knocked unconscious.)
3 or 4 HD

The creature is blinded and stunned for 1d4(See Above) rounds, then stunned for 1 round.
5 or more HD

The creature is stunned for 1 round.

Init:14
HP1/7
AC:16/14/14
F/R/W:+3/+4/+4
PP:3/4

sigma87
2012-10-26, 10:28 PM
Reflex save: [roll0]
Attack Roll: [roll1] (normal attack on orc)
AoA: [roll2] (wizard) [roll3] (orc)
Damage: attack: [roll4] AoA1: [roll5] AoA2: [roll6]

Space Lawyer
2012-10-27, 07:45 AM
Urdak reaches down and grabs one of the support beams that broke off the gallows.

Move action: pick up object
Large size improvised weapon

Techwarrior
2012-10-27, 10:54 PM
I'm guessing since Nightshade goes after Kar in initiative, this is ok. Otherwise he'll just fire off another arrow, aimed at Rachel.

Nightshade moves 10 ft south and 10 ft west, then readies an action to fire an arrow at the first caster who shows signs of life.

Move action: Move and Hide (in plain sight) [roll0]

Standard: Attack [roll1]
Confirm [roll2]
Damage [roll3]+[roll4]

Eisen_Hammer
2012-10-27, 11:39 PM
Reposting for ease of use
Graphni(22)
Mattie(22)
dexter(14
Rachel(8)
Sigma(7)
Tech(5)
Urdak(4)
Mooks(4)

Assuming Mattie is going to reload crossbow. You got them all in color spray. Rachel runs away. Sigma is nocked prone I assume he will want to get up. Nightshade hits rachel with an arrow knocking her out. Urdak grabs a big club. The wizards waiting on their saves, The half orcs will Stand up granting AoO to sigma. All baddies are down besides for the two lesser half orcs.


[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Techwarrior
2012-10-27, 11:59 PM
Nightshade moves over to Rachel, slipping out a throwing ax on the way.

Your not going to be troubling us anymore, insignificant human mage scum.

His next action will be a Coup de Grace. All done from hiding.

Actions
Move action: Move to Rachel (while hiding) [roll0] -10 if she's more than 20 feet away.
Move action: Draw Throwing Axe.

sigma87
2012-10-28, 10:32 AM
AoO1: [roll0] (On the half orc I attacked first)
AoO2: [roll1] (other half orc)
damage: [roll2] [roll3]
Regular Attack: [roll4] Damage: [roll5] (Again, same orc as first round)


I AM SO TIRED OF EVERYONE KNOCKING ME DOWN TODAY! ALL I WANT TO DO, IS STAB SOME DAMN ORCS AND SAVE THIS FAIRY ******* WHO JUST DISAPPEARED ON ME! IS THAT TOO MUCH?!

It seems the last blow to his dignity sent Hakuzo over the edge. And he begins viciously slashing at all those around him with insane vigor.

mattie_p
2012-10-28, 10:46 AM
Halau

Admin notes: (Yes, reload and fire at any opponent still conscious or threatening, spellcasters first. And my initiative is 8 now, based on my readied action)

Halau quickly reloads his crossbow, prepared to fire on any human or half-orc still moving. "We better think about getting out of here quickly, if we want to get out of here at all."

Attack: [roll0]
Crit: [roll1]
damage: [roll2]

Space Lawyer
2012-10-28, 12:19 PM
"COME HERE, LITTLE RUDE MAN! URDAK TEACH RESPECT! YOU WANT CHALLENGE URDAK, YOU DIE!. Urdak grasps the beam in both hands and swings downward into the nearest half-orc's square, hoping that the sneak would have closed in for a kill.

Attack with improvised weapon (equivalent to large greatclub): [roll0]
Possible crit confirm: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

dextercorvia
2012-10-28, 01:48 PM
Karatzas

The now visible Kar, gesturing at Graphni and the two unnamed mages, shouted back at Hakuzo, "This fairy ****** appreciates your help, and, as promised, has your back. Now, finish playing around with those two, so we can get out of here."

Kar reaches a gloved hand down and slashes the closest mage across the throat.

Coup de Grace (damage) [roll0]+[roll1] also, since that triggers Sneak attack, steal a 1st level spell at random in lieu of the extra damage.

Eisen_Hammer
2012-10-29, 05:27 PM
All of your foes dispatched you don't know how much time before someone comes and finds these bodies.

sigma87
2012-10-29, 05:38 PM
"Huh, we won." Hakuzo dismisses the illusion masking his identity, revealing his true form. "Well, feel free to bask in sweet victory, I'm going to loot some corpses and then run like 3 of my tails are on fire." And with that, Hakuzo begins roughly searching the bodies of the fallen.

search check: [roll0]

mattie_p
2012-10-29, 05:40 PM
Halau

Halau flies over to the body of Rachel, kills her if she is still alive (Coup de Grace), and examines the remains for anything valuable.

"If anyone has a safe spot to lay low for a couple of years, now is the time to tell us so we can get there."

Eisen_Hammer
2012-10-29, 05:52 PM
Rachel has a wand of magic missile (5 charges)
Graphni and the two other half orcs have 2 handed swords and chain shirts
The other 2 mages each have a spell book with Benign transposition and magic missile.

sigma87
2012-10-29, 05:58 PM
"It seems simple avarice doesn't compel the wholesale slaughter of us non-humans. That or we can tack low wages on with attempted genocide, homicidal xenophobia, and an inexcusably poor sense of humor to the long list of humanities crimes." Hakuzo chats amiably enough as he searches the fallen, pocketing a spell book and tossing one the great swords the big guy. "Here you go... Urdak right? I assume this will suit you better than a big stick with delusions of grandeur."

Space Lawyer
2012-10-29, 07:18 PM
Urdak

Urdak looks around at the slaughtered group. Well, this isn't going to go well for me. Wait here and die without a trial, or go with these lunatics and die later, possibly not for a very long time. He sighs, and looks at the enormous stick in his right hand, and the improperly sized sword in his left. He drops the stick. "If I am to be lumped in with you band of psychotic misfits regardless of my own actions, I suppose I shall have to drop the ruse. I am actually not quite the brute I appear, though I am certainly no paragon of mental acuity. My name, as you might have surmised, is Urdak. I would have to ask you not let it be widely known that I have the ability to speak in coherent sentences. It would make my life in the arena quite a bit more difficult. Though I suppose that life is over now."

dextercorvia
2012-10-29, 09:13 PM
Karatzas

"Well and timely met, all of you. I am Karatzas ap Maddwyn, but most call me Kar. I have been living on my own outside of human hands for years. I think I can find a place to stash us all -- for a while anyway." Kar bent down to pick up the sack containing his few belongings. The pain set in then. Adrenaline had staved it off for as long as possible. Kar looked and saw the deep gash across his torso. Someone beside me was throwing magic around earlie. Any chance that one of you has a healing spell? I can move like this, but I would rather not."

Techwarrior
2012-10-29, 09:32 PM
Nightwhisper steps into view about 20 feet from Urdak. Ready to step side and fade from view again should Urdak decide he wants revenge. He speaks first to Urdak, then to the group.

"I want to apologize for my conduct earlier sir. Normally I would not speak in such a provocative fashion. I saw you as an asset to this escape attempt, and used you. I'm sorry, but I felt that the ends justified the means of such action. I for one am leaving, and would appreciate company. I can take care of us in the wilds should the need arise. In addition, I am quite skilled in hiding myself from the sight of others, as you no doubt can tell from our previous battle. I suggest we do what looting we will and leave soon."

mattie_p
2012-10-30, 05:35 AM
Halau

"I am Halau, called the Ready. For what I never knew, until now. I was descended from a line of wizard familiars, evolved into ever more intelligence by human experiments." He paused. "I was the one throwing around magic, as you call it, and I do have some healing capability."

He places his hands on Kar and gently pushes some energy into him.

Cure Light Wounds: [roll0]

dextercorvia
2012-10-30, 10:26 AM
Karatzas

Kar watched as his flesh knit closed, and smiled at the owl man. ""Thank you Halau. It is refreshing to meet someone with a more interesting pedigree than myself."

He handed the dagger back to Hakuzo. Reaching into his sack, Kar hung his club from his belt and then readied his crossbow. "I'm going invisible again, but I plan on following the gnome. He looks good at sneaking out of places. Once we are out of town, we can find a place to go to ground. "

With that the fey winked out of sight. Kar stretched his wings and took off, pacing the group.


HP5/7
AC:16/14/14
F/R/W:+3/+4/+4
PP:3/4
1 stolen 1st level spell
Invisible, Flying ~20' up.

Space Lawyer
2012-10-30, 10:46 AM
Urdak

"Heh-heh-heh. I'll follow along as well, but I'm not particularly good at going unnoticed," Urdak says, gesturing at his prodigious bulk. Turning to Nightshade I understand your motivations, but do such a thing again, and I'll pop you between my hands like an overripe melon." He takes a scabbard off one of the half-orc's back, and ties it to his belt, then places the sword in it. He takes a few other lengths of wood, hoping they might be useful.

sigma87
2012-10-30, 11:42 AM
Well met, I am known as Hazuko Ikari. Now that we're done introducing ourselves, can we make with the escaping?" One of Hakuzo's tails glows briefly, and any blood and grime is instantly cleaned from his fur and equipment.

Spell Like Ability: Presdigitation.

mattie_p
2012-10-30, 12:11 PM
Halau takes to the skies and flies after the group, keeping an eye and ear out for any danger on the way.

Listen: Taking 10 + 13 for 23
Spot: Taking 10 + 5 for 15

Techwarrior
2012-10-30, 09:34 PM
"Fair enough Urdak. I will stay in sight as well, unless we are attacked."

Nightshade then proceeds to leave the city. He tries to keep an eye out for trouble, and has stowed away his weapons.
[roll0] Spot
[roll1] Listen

OOC
I want to point out that Nightshade has not actually introduced himself yet.

Eisen_Hammer
2012-11-02, 01:37 AM
Almost as soon as you get out of sight you see a large blast go off in the sky about 45 feet off of the ground.

Three half orcs come around the corner.

Roll for initiative.

mattie_p
2012-11-02, 05:01 AM
Halau

Well, we knew this was going to be risky, the humans and their kin are everywhere.

[roll0]

Space Lawyer
2012-11-02, 07:25 AM
Urdak

Urdak simply grins and cracks his knuckles. It sounds like trees breaking in a storm.

Initiative: [roll0]

dextercorvia
2012-11-02, 08:02 AM
Karatzas

Kar pulls right a bit, not wanting to get caught in the next blast.


Initiative [roll0]

Are the Half-Orcs armed as before, or do they have ranged weapons?

Assuming that not much non-magic stuff creates explosions -- Spellcraft to ID the spell from the effect (DC 20+spell level) [roll1]

sigma87
2012-11-02, 01:59 PM
Hakuzo sighs:"Was a clean getaway really too much to hope for?"

[roll0]

Techwarrior
2012-11-02, 10:47 PM
Nightshade says nothing, but fades from view at the earliest opportunity.

Damn, damn, and damn again! I wanted smooth, I wanted to walk right out...

Initiative [roll0]
Hide (in plain sight) [roll1]

OOC
If the blast occurred before the half-orcs turned the corner, Nightshade would have already hidden.

Eisen_Hammer
2012-11-02, 10:52 PM
And Half Orc Warriors

[roll0]

And Order as always you can post and I will write out what happens but feel free to be more descriptive might get a hidden bonus.

Half Orcs[22]
Nightshade[21] (Hidden with a 25)
Halau[12]
Hakuzo[9]
Urdak[7]
Karatzas[5]

Internet is not fast enough to make a map so we do this old school.

Eisen_Hammer
2012-11-02, 10:55 PM
The three half orcs stop short. "What you do here go to esignat area." The lead half orc says to you. The other two grunt.

mattie_p
2012-11-02, 11:02 PM
Halau

Halau sees a threat, and reacts as quickly as his reflexes enable him to. He continues flying, about 15 feet in the air, and shoots off a crossbow bolt at the half-orc that addressed the group, or any other threatening half-orc.

"If we are to stay together, we must leave town quickly. I don't know how many more humans or their allies are here."

to hit: [roll0]
confirm: [roll1]
damage: [roll2]

Knowledge (local) (to see how many humans and half-orcs are actually in town) (untrained: max 10) [roll3]

Techwarrior
2012-11-02, 11:19 PM
OOC
I'm assuming you meant 'assigned' and not 'esignat'

Great, this is going to go over well.

Nightshade draws his bow, and steps to one side, out of the way of the blast.

Actions
Move: Draw Weapon
Move: Move 20 feet (left if an option)
New Hide check [roll0]

Eisen_Hammer
2012-11-02, 11:22 PM
Nope he is dumb as a box of rocks and smarter than the other 2 I said what I meant.

sigma87
2012-11-02, 11:38 PM
"Next time, let me try lying to the stupid orcs before we charge head-long into bloodshed, it usually works out pretty well."

Hakuzo sprints for the central orc, making a charge attack.

1d20+6
1d6

sigma87
2012-11-02, 11:40 PM
1d20+6 [roll0]

sigma87
2012-11-02, 11:41 PM
[roll0] BLERGH BRAIN NO WORK RIGHT NOW!

Space Lawyer
2012-11-03, 07:05 AM
Urdak

Urdak moves towards the group of half-orcs, drawing his new sword as he goes. He flourishes it for a split second before attacking two of the half-orcs when he is 10' away.

Actions
Move towards half-orcs
Draw sword as part of move action
Stop 10' away from group of half-orcs
Reach is 10'
Initiate Steel Wind maneuver
Attacking two half-orcs
Attack 1: [roll0]
Possible Crit 1: [roll1]
Damage 1: [roll2]
Attack 2: [roll3]
Possible Crit 2: [roll4]
Damage 2: [roll5]

dextercorvia
2012-11-03, 08:14 AM
Karatzas

The invisible fey flew up over the carnage. I certainly am glad these fellows didn't choose against me in that last fight. Urdak looked to be having no trouble with the other two, but Kar still felt like he owed Hakuzo. He knew from experience that those blades were sharp.

From thirty feet above the cluster, Kar concentrated, greasing the roadway beneath the half-orc. As the oil slick appeared, so did Kar.

Move: move (up to 60') to a location 30' above the survivor.
Standard: Manifest Psionic Grease -- Ref DC 17. Centered so it doesn't affect Hakuzo.

HP5/7
AC:16/14/14
F/R/W:+3/+4/+4
PP:2/4
1 stolen 1st level spell
Flying ~30' up.

Eisen_Hammer
2012-11-03, 06:41 PM
Nightshade disappears from view without even a whisper. Halau shoots and misses. Hakuzo charges the head half-orc hitting him, the half-orc looks at him and smiles. Urdak shows everyone how well he can fight and beheads the lead half orc and in the same arc gets his sword halfway through the neck of another half orc. Karatzas summons his grease again. The half orc stays down cowering.

[roll0]

Space Lawyer
2012-11-03, 08:56 PM
Urdak

Urdak finishes sliding his sword through the half-orc's neck. He then takes the two heads, and ties them to his belt. He turns to the cowering one, grabs him by the the head, and slams him up against the wall. "HELP HUMANS, YOU DIE! STAY OUT OF WAY, YOU MAYBE LIVE! YOU TELL ALL! AGREE?"

Intimidation: [roll0]

Techwarrior
2012-11-03, 09:58 PM
Nightshade moves forward and comes into view.

" Why don't you tell us where the rest of the patrols are. My friend here isn't particularly patient. Nor am I."

Then he pulls bow back, ready to fire.

Actions
Well, I thought about attempting to aid Urdak's Intimidate check, but with a skill modifier of -5 vs the half-orc, I don't like the chances of making that check, so instead I'll do something useful.

Move: 10 feet forward.
Standard: Ready Action (Attack)
Conditions for Readied Attack: The Half-Orc makes threatening motions, runs, or screams)

[roll0] Attack
[roll1] Crit Confirm
[roll2]+[roll3] Damage

dextercorvia
2012-11-03, 10:57 PM
Karatzas

Kar winked out of sight again. Once invisible he flew higher to scan for trouble.

Move: Fly up 30 more feet. Height 60'

Spot [roll0]

Eisen_Hammer
2012-11-05, 09:08 PM
The half orc now smells of urine. "I not do nofin you don't want me to. A troll is comin dis ay. Ey might a eard you yerrin."

sigma87
2012-11-05, 09:58 PM
"All right boys, disable the orc, I have a cunning plan to get us out of here."

Hakuzo sheathes his sword and calls upon his racial magic to change forms, assuming the face of an effete human noble.
"Welcome to servitude gents, any stupid orc or troll that decides to stop us won't be foolish enough to question a mage and his entourage. Just make sure you look suitably differential. Except you big guy, you just....keep looking mean."

Techwarrior
2012-11-05, 10:13 PM
Nightshade smirks, then fades from view.

Take 10 on Hide for 34.

mattie_p
2012-11-06, 07:44 AM
Halau flies up a little higher, to about 25 feet above the ground, trying to get above the height of the low buildings so he can see any approaching humans or their allies. He circles, looking for any threats, calling them out if he sees any.

"I don't see any of those rebellious creatures anywhere, master."

Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

dextercorvia
2012-11-06, 02:00 PM
Karatzas

The fey continued flying above his comrades, using his powerful wings to scout ahead as they approached intersections and blind spots. Periodically Kar refreshed his invisibility, never letting it lapse.

Eisen_Hammer
2012-11-07, 12:41 PM
You make it to the outskirts of town with no more problems. All that lies between you and the forest is about 300 feet of farmlands.

Techwarrior
2012-11-07, 12:48 PM
Nightshade steps close to Hakuzo.

"I'm still here. I'll stay here and slow down anything that comes for us, you guys make a go for it. I'll meet you in the forest."

Nightshade is still taking 10 on his Hide checks.

Space Lawyer
2012-11-07, 03:15 PM
Urdak

Urdak eyes the forest warily. So, here we are. Anybody have any skill at surviving out there? Gotta tell you, I'm not too keen on walking out of here and starving to death. Poor planning has killed more people than anything else.

Techwarrior
2012-11-07, 03:32 PM
"I do Urdak. Besides, I've been planning to escape for months. I'd like to think I'm prepared for this."

Space Lawyer
2012-11-07, 03:48 PM
Urdak

Urdak grunts. "Well, lead on then little one. Or would you rather me just hurl you from here to there?" he says, grinning down at the gnome, the hope in his voice a bit too sinister.

Techwarrior
2012-11-07, 04:20 PM
"I'd prefer you all got to the forest. I'll keep an eye out for trouble and try to redirect it somewhere else and then find you. We can threaten each other later."

dextercorvia
2012-11-07, 04:36 PM
Kar glides down as the others decide how to proceed. The sound of his voice comes from seemingly empty air. "Though I haven't spent much time in the woods this close to the humans, I have some skill at woodcraft. I'll take the rest of you in. Don't be long, sneaky gnome."

Techwarrior
2012-11-07, 06:03 PM
Nightshade stays just outside of the town. He watches to see if anyone its coming their way, and occasionally glances back at the others.

Take 10 on Spot, Listen, Move Silently, and Hide for 16, 16, 28, and 34. If nothing happens before the others get to the forest, Nightshade will sneak over to the woods himself.

Eisen_Hammer
2012-11-08, 04:55 AM
As you make it to the tree line you see three large creatures flying towards the city.

Space Lawyer
2012-11-08, 01:05 PM
Urdak

Urdak ignores the creatures and lumbers towards the forest. No sense in starting a fight. Something big and flying coming our way bodes ill for us.

mattie_p
2012-11-08, 02:27 PM
Halau tries to identify the creatures by vision, but makes no moves in their direction.

Spot: [roll0]
Knowledge (Arcana, Religion, Planes): [roll1]

They are moving towards the city, and us away, no reason to be concerned. Let's just pretend we are going about our business with our human master and slip into the woods.

sigma87
2012-11-08, 07:03 PM
Hakuzo simply darts beneath the trees, paying no heed to the flying creatures.

dextercorvia
2012-11-08, 11:19 PM
Kar returns to the ground joining the others beneath the canopy. He whistles quietly as he allows himself to fade back into view. ""Dragons -- three different kinds, and none of them up to any good. We probably want to keep moving."

mattie_p
2012-11-09, 06:27 AM
Halau joins the others. "That's exactly what I saw as well, Kar. I can't recall the last time a mixed flight of dragons came to the city. Do you think they are taking advantage of the chaos we just caused?"

dextercorvia
2012-11-09, 09:00 AM
Halau joins the others. "That's exactly what I saw as well, Kar. I can't recall the last time a mixed flight of dragons came to the city. Do you think they are taking advantage of the chaos we just caused?"

"A green, black and blue working together?" Kar quipped as they went deeper into the forest. "They'll be working for something more powerful that can keep them in line. It could be a secret dragon alliance to take down the humans, but that is pretty unlikely. We didn't cause all that much chaos, and Grillian can't be a high enough value target. If I were going to ambush an empire with a secret dragon army, it wouldn't be to take out some inconsequential town.

No, I think it is more likely that those dragons have been enslaved by some of the more powerful human mages. I'm not talking about two copper witches like that one that fell with a couple of arrows, either. I'd bet gold to gravel that those are some higher ups coming to lock the place down and control the situation. Problem is....

We're the situation."

Eisen_Hammer
2012-11-09, 07:09 PM
As you move through the forest you find a clearing... A TEMPLE (http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100426192217/zelda/images/a/a3/Forest_Temple_Entrance_Hall_(Ocarina_of_Time).png)

Techwarrior
2012-11-10, 01:32 AM
With the arrival of the large, winged creatures, Nighsthade sticks around for a little while to see where they head.

This looks very bad, or very good. Wonder if that's because of us.

dextercorvia
2012-11-10, 08:26 PM
What do you think? If it is a place dedicated to the old gods, then the humans likely have forgotten about it. We might be able to spend a night here without trouble.

sigma87
2012-11-10, 10:26 PM
Well, if the choice is temple, or dragons of dubious alliance, my vote is temple. Also, blatant robbery of any and all artifacts therein."

mattie_p
2012-11-11, 07:09 AM
Knowledge: religion check on the temple: [roll0]

I think I'd rather go inside the temple than face dragons and the wrath of humanity at this point. We need to find allies of some sort, but I suspect dragons are not them. But please no looting until we figure out what this is.

Space Lawyer
2012-11-11, 07:51 AM
Urdak

Lets go on in. I don't care for being out and exposed like this. The front door is probably trapped though, if this place was intentionally abandoned. Urdak walks up to the temple, and begins searching for an alternate way of ingress.

Search [roll0]

Techwarrior
2012-11-11, 08:49 PM
Nightshade steps up to the rest of the group, having sated his curiosity.

"Any of you order three dragons to go? If so, I think you left them back at camp. Otherwise... I hope they aren't here for us. Or coming to look for us now. Any ideas on what the big spooky temple is for?"

When Urdak mentions traps, Nightshade chuckles.

"Glad to see I'm not the only paranoid around here. Let me take a look Urdak."

Take 10 for 15 on Searching the door for traps. If that doesn't turn anything up, Nightshade will begin taking 20.

Eisen_Hammer
2012-11-12, 02:01 AM
You find no traps.

dextercorvia
2012-11-12, 01:23 PM
Kar prepared to follow the others into the abandoned temple. Concentrating for a moment, he winked out of sight again, saying, "I am with you always."

I hadn't seen the level up message when I posted this.

Eisen_Hammer
2012-11-12, 02:58 PM
This is your first warning of the game... REST BEFORE YOU GO IN!

mattie_p
2012-11-12, 03:35 PM
DM: I'd prefer an IC rationale for the warning. My knowledge (religion) check on the temple was 16. Does that help?

Also, knowledge (local) / knowledge (history): [roll0]

Eisen_Hammer
2012-11-12, 04:35 PM
Okay...Sure, you all have heard rumors of this temple... No animals ever come near it, no man whom has entered it has ever returned. It used to be a temple devoted to Tharandar before it was twisted by the Humans overthrowing the non humans.

dextercorvia
2012-11-12, 11:15 PM
While the others are checking for traps, Kar is distracted by a new power that has awoken in his mind. He taps into it, channeling the power of the stolen spell. Suddenly the last of his wounds from earlier disappear.

Seeing the others at the door, Kar called out, "Wait a second. I meant spending the night outside the temple. I'd rather take my chances with the humans than spend the night inside a creepy old temple."

Learned Cure Light Wounds at level up. I thought it was better than letting the stolen spell go to waste. I didn't roll because it does a minimum of 3 points of healing, and Kar is only down 2.

sigma87
2012-11-13, 08:12 AM
"All of your objections and caution is duly noted, and thrice disregarded. I'd rather be inside and somewhat hidden when that town mounts an expedition to capture a group of 'Dangerous Subversives.'

With that, Hakuzo turns the handle on the front door and strides confidently into the temple.

dextercorvia
2012-11-13, 09:24 AM
"Then you are going in without me. I am almost completely out of magic, and I've heard some nasty things about that place. If you want me to 'have your back' shapeshifter, then I recommend you wait until I've rested."

Space Lawyer
2012-11-13, 02:14 PM
Urdak

Urdak chuckles, a throaty sound reminiscent of stones grinding over one another. If you need to rest little man, feel free to do so. I can stand watch for a while. That said, I do feel we'd be better inside the temple than out. Maybe just stay right inside the door. You might be unable to work your witchery for now, but I've got a solid length of sharp steel I can run through anything with gnashing teeth or grasping claws.

dextercorvia
2012-11-13, 09:57 PM
Karatzas

Kar looked around when Urdak referred to him as a little man. Raised by fey, and standing just over seven feet tall, Kar could not remember a single time in his life someone had called him little. Still, he couldn't really argue with the minotaur's perspective on the matter. The bull-man made a good point about shelter, as well.

"If you are all interested in getting out of the open I can understand that. Thank you. I'm not used to having someone stand guard while I sleep. That has led me to some interesting choices in sleeping arrangements in the past."

Techwarrior
2012-11-13, 10:27 PM
"I hate being the one to disagree, but we just escaped from captivity. It's midday. We could travel much farther than this, and I'm pretty sure that if I were trying to figure out where a bunch of escapades went, a ruined temple 20 minutes outside of town is one of the first places I'd look, because its the most obvious hiding place. Those dragons likely mean there will be at least a little time before a search, we need to use it. Especially if those dragons are going to be looking for us."

Nightshade looks around with a slightly worried expression.

mattie_p
2012-11-14, 06:18 AM
"As much as I would like to check out this temple, and see what the humans have done to the place, Nightshade is right. It almost certainly is not safe to go inside, and it isn't safe to stay outside.

Although, I do disagree about it's utility as a hiding place. It seems more than a taboo protects it. Yet I worship and draw divine power from the same deity, Tharandar, to whom the temple was originally dedicated. If anything, that gives us an edge that any pursuers lack."

dextercorvia
2012-11-14, 10:05 PM
Karatzas

Kar looked back and forth at his companions. The made excellent points, on both sides. As my little speech back at the gallows probably indicated, I'm a big believer in folks making up their own minds. I think that for now, we are somewhat safer staying together, but I don't want to force anyone to do it my way. Would you all be interested in a vote? Should we stay here, or move on? What say you?

Techwarrior
2012-11-14, 10:09 PM
"I'm game for a vote, I agree that we stand a better chance sticking together. I personally think we should move along, for the reasons I mentioned."

mattie_p
2012-11-15, 08:08 PM
Halau says, "I really want to go into the temple, and purge it from all human influence, but we are not in the best position at this point. I think that resting outside would be extremely risky, based on probable pursuit from the village. I think that entering the temple, based on its reputation for danger, might actually work in our favor, so long as we stay close together, and close to the entrance. As none of us can outrun dragons, and we have no idea whose side they are on, staying outside or pushing on might also be perilous.

"I vote we go inside and camp out for the time being."

Space Lawyer
2012-11-15, 08:17 PM
Urdak

I say we go inside. The owl is right; we can't outrun dragons. This place is off the beaten path, and they have no idea which direction we left the town from. Lastly, if the owl's god still holds this place in his favor, we'll be as safe here as anywhere, as previously stated.

mattie_p
2012-11-17, 05:34 PM
While everyone else is discussing or voting, Halau flies up to the temple and examines the exterior, looking for any windows he can peek inside. He also looks back to the town to see if anyone appears to be approaching.

Spot: Taking 10 for 15

dextercorvia
2012-11-17, 10:55 PM
Karatzas

"By my count that is one to move on, and three to go in. I am undecided, myself, but seeing as how my vote wouldn't change the outcome one way or the other, I say we go in, and try to camp. Hakuzo, are you having any luck with that door?"

Techwarrior
2012-11-17, 11:23 PM
Well there goes that plan.

Nightshade fits an arrow to his bow.

"Alright, lets check out this place."

sigma87
2012-11-18, 10:16 PM
"Oh, look at that. After much unnecessary arguing, we democratically arrive at the same decision I made the moment we stumbled on to this hoary reminder of ages past. Now, without further ado, I present the temple of Tharandar!"

And with a smirk and a flourish, Hakuzo pushes open the temple doors.

Eisen_Hammer
2012-11-19, 03:45 PM
As the door opens you hear the grinding of hinges long unused. The smell of decaying flesh hits you like a wall (DC 13 Fort save to not throw up).

There is no light inside and no sunlight penetrates the dense darkness, Even low light vision and darkvision seem unable to penetrate more than a few feet into the door. If you walk in, you are walking in blind.

sigma87
2012-11-19, 07:15 PM
55% chance to not look like an idiot...[roll0]

Space Lawyer
2012-11-19, 08:40 PM
Urdak

Fort Save: [roll0]

Urdak breathes deeply. "Ahh, such a familiar and comforting scent. I don't care for not being able to see in though. Oh well. He takes a step in.

mattie_p
2012-11-19, 08:43 PM
Halau lands and addresses everyone who has not entered yet. "No one is coming from town yet, and the windows all appear to be covered up with an unknown black substance." Halau pulls out the wand he salvaged and enters the temple.

And immediately starts retching. He coughs up half-digested rat bits. Bones and all.

[roll0]

Techwarrior
2012-11-19, 09:27 PM
"You may not be perturbed by the idea of being unable to see Urdak, but I am. I personally find the thought disturbing at best.

Nightshade edges a little closer to the door, then catches a whiff of the stench.

[roll0]

dextercorvia
2012-11-19, 09:56 PM
Kar loads his crossbow, and then turns invisible before following the others inside. The sound of retching, and the bile that appearing on the ground make his position easy to detect, however.

Fort save [roll0]

Space Lawyer
2012-11-19, 10:08 PM
Urdak

Ahaha! the bull-man laughs, a snorting sound. He slaps a hand on where he guesses Kar's back to be. Not used to the smells of violent deaths, I see. That rot is like an old friend to me.

Techwarrior
2012-11-19, 10:26 PM
"I've killed many myself. Research guards aren't keen on letting experiments go. Any ideas for how we're going to see?"

dextercorvia
2012-11-19, 11:28 PM
Karatzas

Kar winces at the hamfisted slap on the back. "No, Urdak, I've killed before. But, I don't take them home with me and sleep near the corpses. I prefer the smells of a meadow in the sunshine -- that is what I'm used to."

mattie_p
2012-11-20, 11:12 PM
Halau

"No matter how much my ancestors may have explored ruins like this, my stomach isn't up to it just yet. Give me a moment, and I'll be fine, I suspect.

"Even my eyes, bred for the dark, cannot seem to penetrate the inky black. Perhaps when I rest and recover spells I can summon some light for us."

Eisen_Hammer
2012-11-21, 12:55 PM
You all hear a groan coming from further inside, it is answered by more groans.

Techwarrior
2012-11-21, 01:15 PM
Nightshade cups his hands around his mouth and shouts,

"Helllooo in there."

Can Nightshade identify them by their moans?
Knowledge (Dungeoneering) [roll0]
Edit: I'm guessing not...

Space Lawyer
2012-11-21, 01:50 PM
Urdak

Hrrrm, groans in a place where everything smells like death. That is unsettling. I can fight by sniffing out our foes, but I'd rather not. Lets stay just inside here, and if we need to beat a hasty retreat, we can. Urdak unsheathes his sword.

dextercorvia
2012-11-21, 11:35 PM
Karatzas

"Agreed. The closer we stay to the door, the better. At least for now."

Techwarrior
2012-11-21, 11:48 PM
"And how long are we to cower in a room where we can't see while the humans search for us? Does anyone other than myself have food and drink?"

Nightshade is quite tense.

Much as I hate the humans, I'd thought their tampering had done more than this. Trust a human to mess things up. Must be some kind of magic.

dextercorvia
2012-11-22, 11:15 PM
I don't know. When I'm not puking, it seems kind of cozy. Kar's poor attempt at humor doesn't really relieve his fears. By the way, everyone else... The fey's words are interrupted by necessity. After a moment he continues, "Everyone else introduced themselves back in town. What should we call you, sneaky gnome?"

Techwarrior
2012-11-22, 11:46 PM
Don't tell him, he can't know! Push him back! Keep him away.

Nightshade sags slightly, and sighs. His eyes flick back and forth between Kar and the woods He glances away from Kar once more before answering, all the while his eyes averted.

"My name was taken from me by the humans, along with everything else I had. I am Nightshade now,

Nightshade gathers himself and continues, looking Kar in the eye now. His face is a terrifying mask.

"A shadow in the night. And I will poison the humans lives for everything they have done to me."

Nightshade forcibly contains himself, his emotions seething just beneath the skin.

Stop, they can't know everything! They can't be trusted... Especially the big one.

Eisen_Hammer
2012-11-25, 01:08 PM
A loud cackling comes from further inside. A giant slab of stone falls into place in front of the door. The darkness dissipates. You now see that you are in a long room that probably used to serve as where most of the services were done. There is nothing in this room with you, but you can see that there are places where the dust has been disturbed.

Space Lawyer
2012-11-25, 01:39 PM
Urdak

Urdak looks up at the stone. Well, that actually solves a number of problems. We can see now, and the humans aren't going to be able to move that thing easily. Feel like taking a rest, little ones?

mattie_p
2012-11-25, 02:39 PM
Halau replies, "A rest would be nice, to help me recover the magical powers I can use to help our cause. And what is our cause? As fun as that little display was back in town, we should really set some goals, if we aim to remain together."

sigma87
2012-11-25, 04:59 PM
"For now, I aim to survive. The humans can't last forever, and don't seem to be our biggest concern anymore. This stone that so conveniently locks out any pursuit, also prevents our escape. So for good or ill, we're stuck here until we find a way out."

Hakuzo slumps against the temple wall, his arrogance dissipated. Now, he simply looks tired.

dextercorvia
2012-11-25, 10:17 PM
Kar settled down not too far from Hakuzo. "The shapechanger speaks truth. I was pleasantly surprised to find so many willing to strike back at the humans. It has been my experience that most are beaten in their soul. Thank you Urdak, for standing watch. Wake me if there is trouble."

With that the fey's eyes became vacant, his pupil's dilated. Kar didn't know if it was true of all of his kind, but sleeping with his eyes open was something that he inherited from his father. Maddwyn had always said that it was so that a mage's eyes could study the magic in the world while his body slept.

Techwarrior
2012-11-26, 01:43 AM
Nightshade almost dropped his bow when the wall slammed down behind them. The lights coming back up was disturbing, yet comforting. At least now he could see.

"My only goal is to knock these humans down a peg."

Then Nightshade noticed the fey fall into some form of trance almost instantly.

"I'm not going to be able to sleep yet. It's far too early in the day. I suppose I'll stay up and stand watch with you Urdak."

After a short pause, Nightshade speaks once more.

"Urdak.. Do you think that if it came down to it, you could lift up that slab of stone? I don't like that cackling."

Eisen_Hammer
2012-11-26, 05:31 PM
You hear more moaning almost as if it is coming from the other side of one of the two doors on the opposite side of the foyer.

mattie_p
2012-11-26, 06:05 PM
Halau says, "Don't open the doors. If whatever is behind the doors comes through, we can deal with it. If they are incapable of opening the doors, then we don't need to worry."

Space Lawyer
2012-11-26, 06:35 PM
Urdak

Agreed. We can leave it alone for now. As for that stone...maybe. I'd rather not try though, given that it looks big enough to crush even me if I dropped it.

Techwarrior
2012-11-27, 12:42 AM
Nightshade

Nightshade tightens his hand on his bowstring slightly.

"Very well, I guess we're stuck here for a while. If you don't mind, I think I'll take a look around this room."

Nightshade keeps his eyes and ears open, and begins examining the room more thoroughly.

Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]
Search: [roll2]

mattie_p
2012-11-27, 12:28 PM
Halau

"Feel free. I don't actually need sleep to recover my magic, I just need to wait for nightfall to commune with Tharandar in order to regain my magic. I usually sleep in the early morning until noon - the drama this morning interrupted my sleep, so I might take a short nap - but sleep is not essential for me, my meditation is. Although, based on everyone's schedule, I might need to adjust mine."

Techwarrior
2012-11-28, 06:40 PM
Nightshade

"It might be better for us to adjust to your schedule Halau, the humans can't see nearly as well in the dark. That is a weakness we should take advantage of."

Eisen_Hammer
2012-12-02, 09:25 AM
Nightshade you do not see anything, all you hear is slight moaning and almost like a whisper just at the edge of your hearing.

mattie_p
2012-12-02, 01:56 PM
Halau

"That is true, Nightshade, seeing in the dark is an advantage that we should take advantage of, if we all can do it. Are any here who cannot see in the dark?"

Halau sorts through his small amount of equipment, pulling out the wand and holding it, trying to be prepared if anything comes out the doors.

"While my magic is nearly exhausted, I still have this wand I picked up I can use."

Techwarrior
2012-12-09, 06:15 AM
Nightshade

Nightshade wandered around the enclosed area, eventually settling in a corner.

Curses, I hate being locked in.

"What does the wand do Halau?"

Nightshade fingers his bowstring. Paranoia had kept him alive so far, but this place did not agree with him. First that weird darkness, and now this? Nightshade thought that the humans' tampering had rendered him all but immune to the darkness. This was something different though, and it troubled him.

mattie_p
2012-12-11, 01:48 PM
Halau

Halau stirs, having taken a short nap. He had told Nightshade, prior to his short sleep, that it was apparently a wand of magic missile. "This wand can summon small bolts of force that unerringly strike a target. It could prove very useful in our journey."

Sensing the time was near dusk, Halu began his prayers, meditating in a divine connection with Tharandar.

dextercorvia
2012-12-11, 03:08 PM
Karatzas

Kar rises and finishes his mental exercises. "Thank you for watching over me while I rest. I am ready."

Space Lawyer
2012-12-11, 03:45 PM
Urdak

The mountain of muscle finishes sharpening his shiny new sword, and rises. "Well now, are we ready to set off into the temple depths? My curiosity as to what lays within has grown while you slept."

Techwarrior
2012-12-11, 04:02 PM
Nightshade

"I am as prepared as I'll ever be."

Nightshade gathers his few belongings, and readies his bow. Once the others have gotten ready he'll Hide in Plain Sight.

Eisen_Hammer
2012-12-11, 04:40 PM
We will start this with or without people. They can catch up when ever. The move is yours.

mattie_p
2012-12-11, 08:17 PM
Halau

Halau rises from his meditations, extremely agitated. "Tharandar appeared to me! He looking like a silver dragon, yet humanoid in form, and asked me to cleanse his temple. I know I won't be able to do it alone, would you help me?"

Halau starts flying around the room in circles, whipping here, there, and everywhere.

Techwarrior
2012-12-14, 01:42 PM
Nightshade

"Sure, I'll help. Did he tell you anything about the temple, or maybe how we'll get out afterwards?"

mattie_p
2012-12-15, 08:29 AM
Halau

"No, he said nothing about the temple. All he said was, 'The corruption in this temple is the least of all of my temples, please cleanse it.' By that I gather that all of his temples have been desecrated or corrupted, this is merely the least corrupted. If I am to cleanse his temples and restore his worship, this is a good place for me to start."

Space Lawyer
2012-12-15, 11:34 AM
"I'm taking it that "cleansing" means killing off whatevers lurking inside. If you don't mind, I'd like to get to it.

Urdak packs his gear up, and proceeds forward. He takes a few sniffs to see if anything is hiding in the gloom. The supernatural darkness may have receded, but the inside of an unlit temple is still a dark place.

Eisen_Hammer
2012-12-15, 07:32 PM
There is nothing in this room.

mattie_p
2012-12-15, 08:34 PM
Halau

Halau readies his wand. "I guess we need to try to open those two doors that were shaking earlier. I'm afraid I am not strong enough to even try to open them."