PDA

View Full Version : Yours For The Taking [D&D 3.5] (IC)



Pages : [1] 2

Heart
2012-10-24, 01:48 AM
I sharp breeze washes over the port town of Haark, waves crash against the docks and people have begun to wrap themselves in clothes, awaiting the fast approaching winter.

With a population of about 900, the town isn't very large, comprised mostly of humans and elves, like the country this town calls home. One looking for weapons of great power, or even weapons of any magical background at all would be pressed for luck, the town has fallen on hard times recently, and most of the money is poured into the town's pub, the Shackled Moon.

The guard was small, a force of about thirty, but the inhabitants were never one to shy away from danger when their town was in need, quick to pick up arms even against the mightiest of foes. They would soon find out this wouldn't be enough.

---
A human male, of about 5'10'' and 165 lbs, heads toward the town prison, nicknamed Erego's Hole, after the jailer. His light brown hair falls to his shoulders in a mess, and he carries himself proudly, with a hint of nervousness. Chainmail links cover his arms and legs, with plates of steel pressed against the shoulders and thighs. Over top his chest rests a tunic, bearing the symbol of Haark's guard, a watchful eye with a burning hand enveloping it. A finely crafted sword and sap are hooked to his belt.

In front of the man walks another, but this one is shackled and a little bruised. Smaller in stature, and wearing a shaved top, the man hunches over as he walks.

The pair enter the prison, the sun beginning to set at their backs, and the guard is greeted by a familiar voice.

"You been bringin' in all kindsa boys for me to keep locked up, Haven't cha, Beran? Even when I tell ya ta go home for the night."

"Erego," the guard nods to the man, "can't even get from here to my home without seeing someone tryin' to lift some poor girl's coin purse these days."

"I ain't done nothin' wrong," says the shackled man.

The man stands up, a loud screech groans from his chair. He stands at a full 6', with a body build to push boulders. His head is completely shaven, one might think the sun would make it glow if it was waxed properly. He wears a dark grey breastplate, tightly fit to his body. A matching set of greaves lie over top black leather pants, and a cloak is wrapped around the man, bearing the guard symbol. His right hand is missing, lost long ago in a war he didn't want to be a part of. A heavy, intimidating spiked mace is hooked to his waste. This is Erego Stronghand (formerly Stronghands).

Erego gets uncomfortably close and sneers at the man. "I'll be the judge of that. Take him downstairs, Beran, I'll set him straight in the morning."

Beran opens the door to the dungeon, which elicits a loud groan. As the two make their way down the stonework steps, each press against the ground ends with a long echo throughout the hall. Immediately, a musty stench assaults Beran's nose. He makes sure to not look into the cell to his immediate left, but does give a casual glance to the Half-Ork. After rounding the corner, he unshackles the man and leads him into the farthest cell. As quickly as Beran entered the dungeon, he disappears at the top, followed by an audible clanking of the gears on the door, the sound of it locking.

Marlowe
2012-10-24, 02:32 AM
Amalaswentha's been on her hands and knees in her underwear, a recurring situation that she's been trying lately to avoid. But they took her leathers, which have amounted to her clothes for a while now, and this cell floor really needs a good scrub.

Lucky thing her underwear's fairly substantial. She's never liked the feel of leather against the skin. She still feels vulnerable and exposed. She keeps looking at the mattress on the other side of the cell, wondering what her roommate would be like.

The clanking of chains and the rattle of keys in a lock tell her someone else is coming. Quickly, she steps to the door, and peers sidelong through the bars. Is this it? What am I going to say? Who's it going to be.

It would be incorrect to say she is inwardly panicking, but there's a feeling in her stomach that tells her panicking would definitely be an option right now.

Then she hears a door slam around the corner. Footsteps departing. All goes quiet again.

She breathes out and leans against the wall. "Rats" she mutters, surprising herself.

hoverfrog
2012-10-24, 02:57 AM
Mink Orduno

"Hello," Mink saw the shackled brute being delivered to the cell nearby, "another visitor for me. Did you bring me anything to read?" She was growing tired of keeping up the act of being insane but it was that or go back to a forced marriage and that wasn't going to happen. "I've left my book around here somewhere, have you seen it?"

Machuchang
2012-10-24, 03:16 AM
"'ello, 'ello, 'ello! Wot 'ave we got 'ere?" Abaddon pressed his face against the bars and waved a tiny hand at the newcomer. "Yoo-hoo! Oi! Wot brings you 'ere sunshine? Y' been stealin? Killin'? Frighten the townsfolk wit' your parlor tricks? Shagged the wrong magistrate's daughter? Here's a hint, it's all of them! ...The magistrates, not the crimes, that is. It's never good to get caught shaggin' anyone's daughter. Well, I mean, it's never good to kill or steal either or so I'm told, but y' get my drift, eh?"

Heart
2012-10-24, 09:26 AM
The man is sitting on his butt with he knees curled up, back against the wall and leaning against the bars.

"I..." He sounds regretful. "Been searching for work for weeks and nothin' was coming. Never was much of a hunter. And my dog, Jerod, he was getting hungry. Ain't enough rats in this town for him to go chasin'," the man puts his head between his legs for a moment, then looks up a sighs. "I just wanted to feed my dog, now I might not see 'em again."

ElfiKay
2012-10-24, 12:20 PM
Isidora Mikhail

Isidora stands casually at the front of her cell, gingerly feeling at the lock that currently held her, wondering which pick to use and when. Timing is everything in these matters. No point in slipping out if you're just going to get thrown back in. As the door to the prison protested its use, she relaxed her hand, letting her arm dangle outside the bars. A chained man walks past with a guard, and is taken to one of the cells out of Isidora's vision. She listens as her fellow jailbirds give their versions of greeting and the new man replies. Among them, the voice of the girl at the end of the aisle pipes up, requesting a book. For not the first time, Isidora wonders if she even realizes that she is in jail. Then, the new man replies to the boisterous inquiries of the halfling in the adjacent cell, and Isidora's heart melts a bit.

"Oh, poor thing..." she murmurs, speaking partly of the dog, and partly of the man. She hesitates, wondering if it would be better to give the man hope through empty assurances, or simply to remain quiet...

Linguz
2012-10-24, 12:27 PM
Thomas pushed himself up out of the bed as he heard the doors of the prison open. He watched the man go all the way to his cell from the corner. After the guards left, he got out of the bed and went to sit by the bars. "If you're in here for petty thievery, you should be out soon enough. Maybe you can ask one of the guards to take care of your dog while you're in here."

Machuchang
2012-10-24, 02:00 PM
"Yeah, mate," Abaddon said, agreeing with the hefty man across the way. "They've got bigger fish t' fry. M'self for example," He grinned wryly. "Y' ain't here under conspiracy to summon the unholy. But at least they don't seem t' be takin' th' charges too seriously. Otherwise I might be wit' that half-orc over there. No offense, by th' way." He added quickly, addressing the half-orc.

"Anyways, a dog?" He returned his attention to the newest prisoner. "Tha's awful cute. Wot type of dog y'got, eh?"

Medic!
2012-10-24, 02:23 PM
Eric the Red

The burly half-orc is sitting as close to the bars of his cell as he can get when the new one's brought in. Another new one...so many have come through in the last week. At least one of them has a pretty singing voice, and knows the lullaby Mother used to sing to me... A tear rolls down one side of his face, unbidden. Pleasant memories and bitter realities intruding yet again.

He stretches one finger out to scratch the jail's dog's muzzle. A good dog, but dumb as a box of rocks...Might as well give up, he'll never learn to fetch those keys before they come to hang me.

That last thought, instead of bringing more sadness, illicits one helpless laugh, which in turn scares the dog off, running back down the hall to the warden's office.

Hearing the newcomer speak of his dog, Eric does something that he hasn't done once the entire week he'd been in here. He spoke to another person. "I'd offer to care for your dog, but I don't think it's likely I'll be in a condition to do so, friend."

hoverfrog
2012-10-24, 03:03 PM
"I love dogs," Mink suddenly announced, "So loyal. They say that they are man's best friend."

"What's your dog's name?" she's just been told but the vagueness was important to maintain, "You said, didn't you? Jerod? It is better that Jerod is free even if he's hungry." A short pause and then test them. "A raven visits me sometimes. I'd love to be as free as a bird. Shall we leave? We could just go. Who could stop us?"

Machuchang
2012-10-24, 03:12 PM
"Well, th' authorities, f'r one," Abaddon said dryly. "We all would like t' be free, I assume. But tha's old news," He tried to get a better view of the half-orc.

"You 'aven't spoken f'r an awful long time, 'f I recall correctly. Y' like dogs? I like dogs too. We should start a club."

GnomeGninjas
2012-10-24, 03:36 PM
Vlamad Horkenson
A fairly unremarkable looking dwarf watches everyone glumly. His only distingushing characteristic seem to be tatoos on his left forarm, hands and feet. The tatoos appear to be dwarven runes though those who know dwarven know that they aren't. Suddenly he speaks I don't like dogs. Then he goes back to looking at everyone glumly.

Vlamad isn't surprised that no one had been paying much attention to him. He was used to that. He decide to claim that he dislikes dogs because it would make people pay attention to him and it wouldn't require him doing anything silly.

Medic!
2012-10-24, 04:55 PM
Eric

With a snicker, Eric responds to both at the same time, "I got a knack with critters, always have. We get along well. Dog's better than a dwarf any day. Especially a criminal dwarf."

Feeling talkative now, the half-orc calls down towards the other cells, "Who is it that's been singing? And where did you learn that song? It's...beautiful."

Machuchang
2012-10-24, 05:05 PM
Abaddon snickered at the half-orc's jibe.

"Well put, friend!" Abaddon said. "Critters're good. I like critters. It's prob'ly that being possessed by a spirit of the woodlands thing. But we shouldn't be too hard on ol' grumpy-beard over there. 's not 'is fault 'e's at th' right 'eight t' be pissed on by a dog. I would know," The halfling grinned cheekily.

GnomeGninjas
2012-10-24, 05:32 PM
Well, your at the hight to be pissed on by a cat. So there! The grumpy dwarf retorts before going back to staring at his feet. After a pause he boldy proclaims I have an owl. he seems to think that this settles the matter though it is hard to tell what matter he beleives to be settling with that statement.

A few thoughts enter Vlamad's mind: Why is a halfling making short jokes? How'd he get a spirit of the woodlands thing? If they are good with critters and I have an owl then they better me impressed.

Medic!
2012-10-24, 05:37 PM
Eric the Quick-Quipper

Eric shifts his position, the sound of chains rattling echo off the walls and floor. "An owl eh? I don't give a "hoot" about your owl, unless it can fly me out of the hangman's noose."

Feeling the weight of his circumstance press down ever harder on him, Eric begins thrashing against his chains in a futile tantrum before flopping down, breathing hard on the floor.

Machuchang
2012-10-24, 05:40 PM
The little halfling burst out laughing.

"Y' know it, Grumpy-beard!" Abaddon said, a huge grin plastered to his face. "I can't tell y' 'ow many times I've been pissed on by cats! But any'ow, y' got an owl, eh? Tha's nice. I've always like owls, and so far, they've tended t' keep their bodily functions far away from me, which I appreciate greatly."

He laughed again at the half-orc's pun, before falling into a stunned silence at his thrashing.

"Y' okay, mate?" He asked, the mirth gone from his voice. "Well, I suppose not, wot wit' y' bein' on death row an' all. Wot'd y' do, anyways, if y' don' mind my askin'?"

Medic!
2012-10-24, 05:45 PM
Eric

"Self defense...was just...protecting...myself." he huffs out between labored breaths. His voice has taken on a sad note of self-loathing...or maybe just disappointment at his fate.

He catches his breath and climbs back to his feet, giving his chains a good pull as protest to his sentence, straining for all he's worth, not really caring if he breaks the chains, bends the brackets bolting them to the walls and floor, or rips the flesh from his arm. He just struggles for struggle's sake.

[roll0]

Machuchang
2012-10-24, 05:52 PM
"Oh 'ell, mate! Y'r gonna 'urt y'self!" Abaddon shouted at the orc. "I feel f'r y', I really do! But wot's this gonna solve, eh?"

Medic!
2012-10-24, 05:58 PM
Eric

Pain enters Eric's voice as he fights to hold back tears...not of pain, but of despair, "It hardly matters, friend. They're going to kill me. THEY'RE GOING TO KILL ME! ALL I DID WAS PROTECT MYSELF! And they're going to kill me for it... the last bit is little more than a whimper.

Machuchang
2012-10-24, 06:03 PM
Abaddon sat in silence for a little while, before speaking up once again.

"Wot's y'r name, mate? Not sure 'f I ever caught it."

Medic!
2012-10-24, 06:06 PM
Eric

"Eric. My name is Eric. My mother and I live outside town, near the woods. Well, she does...I don't think I'll be laying claim to that for much longer."

Machuchang
2012-10-24, 06:14 PM
"Don't talk like tha', man," Abaddon said quietly.

ElfiKay
2012-10-24, 07:14 PM
Isidora watches the half-orc in the cell opposite her, and listens to the conversation surrounding her while she concentrated again on the lock.

The heart the other inmates seem to have reenergizes her normally optimistic spirit, and she finally speaks up at the half-orc's words.

"Eric, don't give up, I'm sure you'll see your mother again." She winks, adding. "And I don't mean that to be purely comforting, either. Let's get out of here so that you can see her; and you, new sir at the end, can see Jerod; and you, dwarf, your owl." A gleam comes into her eye, and she giggles, "Why, I'm sure we can even find some manner of creature to give our lively friend here a golden shower." Giving an elegant stage bow to Eric, chained across from her, It's a pleasure to meet you, Eric, and all the rest of you. I am Isidora Mikhail, but you can call me Isi or Isa if you'd prefer."

GnomeGninjas
2012-10-24, 07:29 PM
Vlamad Horkenson
Vlamad watches silently trying to think of a good retort. He realizes that he shouldn't make anyone to angry because if they escape he would want to be on relativly freindly terms with his co-escapees. Suddenly he comes up with a plan. Gaurds! Guards! Can I have some help?

Pietato
2012-10-24, 07:31 PM
"If we're all done insulting each other and sharing our life's stories, I believe someone in here is, at least for the moment, a friend of the Lowtide family." Willem waits for things to die down before he speaks up, the inexplicably well-dressed halfling having been seated silently on his mattress this whole time. "I assume they gave you a few different things."

Medic!
2012-10-24, 07:34 PM
Eric

Softly, Eric warns his new jail-mate, "Careful, lad...last time I tried callin for a guard all I got for my trouble was a quick bath in the contents of the warden's chamber-pot...

GnomeGninjas
2012-10-24, 07:37 PM
Vlamad ignores Eric, though it is clear that Vlamad heard him.

Heart
2012-10-24, 08:12 PM
"Jer- Jerod. Yeah, that's his name. Thanks for all the encouragement. Maybe I can speak to someone about him in the morn'." The man looks toward the window in his cell, a strand of moonlight shines through across his face, revealing a single tear.

"Lowtide?" Jor stands up and wraps his hands around the bars. "That's a dangerous name to be speaking friend. Wh' a yu?"

After Jor's statement, the dog, laying adjacent to Eric with his head in his paws, slightly raises up with a muffled, "Ruff."

Everyone hears the loud cranking of gears as the dungeon door swings upon, followed by the familiar echo of boots against stone. In walks the guard from before, rubbing his eyes and lost of his armour, but the sword and sap still rest on his hip. He now wears a simple white vest, opened to reveal his chest, and a brown pair of baggy pants. Anyone who's been here long enough knows his name, Beran.

"Eric," he says very quietly after stopping at his cell, obviously tired, "is that you ruffling your chains? I'm tryin' ta sleep, earlier shift next mornin. Tryna refrain please." Then he looks up, searching through out the dungeon. "Someone callin' for a guard?"

Linguz
2012-10-24, 09:09 PM
Thomas pointed at the cell which held Vlamad, the cell which called for the help. "He did."

Marlowe
2012-10-24, 09:18 PM
Amalaswentha listens to the voices of her jailmates with interest, but says nothing. I am glad that somebody appreciates the little Gothloli's cultural efforts. And that is a very talkative fellow, for one facing the noose. Anyway:

"Guard!" She calls out abruptly in what she thinks of as her priestess voice. "When you are done with the gentleman, I would like a mop and some soap. Is it well?"

Heart
2012-10-24, 09:24 PM
"Well speak up then dwarf, don't wake me for nuthin'."

Beran looks to the girl, then scratches his head, sighing. Taking note of the moonlight outside, he speaks, "What's your name? Alma...? Any chance this can wait til the mornin? I'll first have to find a bucket, then walk to the river. All wells are closed at night since the uh... incident."

ElfiKay
2012-10-24, 09:41 PM
"Incident?" Isidora tilts her head to the side in interest, as she addresses the guard, "Could you tell us what happened, please?"

Heart
2012-10-24, 09:55 PM
Beran looks to Isa. For the sake of Helm i should give up the thought of getting some sleep tonight, he thinks. "It's official matters, I can't reveal anything yet." Beran rests his hand on the hilt of his sword, then turns a bit, surveying the dungeon, then sighs again.

"Ah, who are you all gonna tell?" He flashes his smile, "Found a boy in one of the wells a couple mornings ago. Had a couple deep slashes on 'em. Dunno how long 'e was dead down there but it couldn't a been long, being as folks need water. Rumor says it was the Lowtide group," he gives a glance to Willem, "but at's just rumor. We haven't gotten no leads."

Marlowe
2012-10-24, 10:06 PM
"Lowtide group? I am sorry. I am not from this place." They can tell that already, genius. "Thank you for your consideration sir. It can indeed wait until morning." She tempted to bless him in the name of the Lady of the Fourth, such to hear his reaction. But she's trying to be better about that sort of behaviour.

Linguz
2012-10-24, 10:08 PM
Thomas put his hands between his legs (he's sitting crosslegged, little area there that is blocked off from sight) and manifested the key, silently as usual. It shouldn't be able to be seen by the guard, since his legs are in the way. If the guard was called for anything other than a simple question, guess it was time to escape. He tried to see if the guard had any keys on him.

ElfiKay
2012-10-24, 10:23 PM
"The poor boy..." Isidora shakes her head sadly, then looks back to the guard. "Thank you, I hope you manage to get some rest once the dwarf tells you what he needs."

She smiles at him, thinking to herself, Yes, nice, deep sleep so I may slip out quietly... Though it may be hard to be quiet with tag-alongs, but I can hardly leave all of them... I really need to be more selfish at times like this.

Heart
2012-10-24, 10:25 PM
Thomas don't see the keys, but does notice that he is out of uniform. However, he sees a bulge in his right pocket, and when he steps there is the audible sound of metal clinking against metal.

Medic!
2012-10-24, 11:00 PM
Eric the Lady-killer

Eric gives his chains a defiant rattle as Beran walks past, "Sorry Beran, not much to do but play my instrument here while you lot wait to cut the bloody-cross on me."

Hearing himself say it again, he throws his chains towards the floor (or as far as they'll go, being shackled to him) and lays back in his bunk. The chains rattle again softly as he laces his fingers together behind his head and stares at the ceiling.

His voice loses its petulant edge as he calls out again, "Sweet lady, could you sing again?"

Heart
2012-10-24, 11:14 PM
Beran looks to Eric, then walks to his cell with his hands resting on his hips.

"Eric, do you know how long the man to your right," he throws his arms up and gestures in the direction, "has been sitting on death row? What is it now, North, like two years? I know life in prison sucks, well, I assume, but I think it's a better life livin' then serving Ethrynul or whatever god shines your sword for eternity."

The dog lets out a bark when Beran finishes his statement, then a gentle tail wag.

"Hell, maybe in the morning, Uuthalen decides to invade us," he puts his hand to his head and laughs a little, "By Pelor, defending this town against an army is not something I thought I signed up for when I joined." Beran seems alert now, the conversation has awoken him.

It is now very obvious to Thomas that the man has his back to him.

Linguz
2012-10-24, 11:20 PM
Thomas slowly stands up and puts the key in the lock, gently turning it to unlock the gate.

Silently: [roll0]
Initiative: [roll1]

Once the gate is open, he dispels the key and creates a sap. Does he get away with doing it silently?

Heart
2012-10-24, 11:28 PM
As Thomas inserts the key, he finds no resistance from the tumblers, and only the faintest of clicks resound.

Beran's listen: [roll0]
Dog's listen: [roll1]

The dog immediately stands up, barking in Thomas' direction.

"Now c'mon, what's gotten into you this late?" Beran leans down to give it a pat, oblivious that he's in danger.

OOC: Thomas will get a surprise round on Beran.

Medic!
2012-10-24, 11:31 PM
Eric

Eric rattles his chains again, looking at Beran, "Quite the comfort, Beran, I can rot in here until nobody's alive to feed me, or I can die on the gallows, or I can get hacked to pieces like a pig when Uuthalen attacks and I'm found chained to the floor like a fish in a net inside a barrel."

He looks Beran right in the face, "I don't deserve this, and you know it."


OOC: Dun dun dunnnn distraction!

Marlowe
2012-10-24, 11:32 PM
Amalaswentha still has her back to the wall, next to her cell door, listening. As she hears Beran's words, she laughs. A silvery little giggle that descends slowly down into a contralto chuckle.

"I am sorry sir, but if this city is in any immediate danger of attack, then you must be aware you are complicit in a shameful waste of combat potential. We would all be better used in the field or on the wall than behind these bars. Well?"

Linguz
2012-10-24, 11:32 PM
Thomas opens the door and charges the man, swinging with the sap quickly.

Attack: [roll0] (+2 Charge, +1 MW, +1 Focus)
Check: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]
Critical: [roll3]

Heart
2012-10-24, 11:35 PM
Beran smiles, "Now young lady," he begins to turn to her as he speaks, "you've never seen my combat-" Beran stops short as he sees the sap in Thomas' hand.

OOC: We can assume the cell is open, and Thomas still gets a surprise round.

Linguz
2012-10-24, 11:36 PM
If he can't charge, he gets a readied action to attack. -2 on the attack roll.

If he can, he charges. The attack is the same as before.

Medic!
2012-10-24, 11:37 PM
Eric

Eric flops his head back down on the cot. "That's not gonna end well...mind the dog..."

ElfiKay
2012-10-24, 11:41 PM
Although she had originally planned on waiting for the guard to actually leave, this distraction was good enough.

Open Lock: [roll0]

Heart
2012-10-24, 11:42 PM
Thomas deftly dashes forward, bringing the sap to bare. Beran's eyes widen and he starts to fumble for a weapon, any weapon, when the strong arm of Thomas flexes hard and sends the sap hard into Beran's jaw.

Initiative
Beran: [roll0]
Dog: [roll1]

Marlowe
2012-10-24, 11:44 PM
Amalaswentha's eyes widen as she see the guard getting attacked right outside her door.

((Can she reach through the bars?))

ElfiKay
2012-10-24, 11:54 PM
As the door opens, Isidora slips quietly behind the conflict to Eric's cell and begins to work on his lock as well.

Move Silently(yes, she is slightly paranoid, but she likes to call it cautious): [roll0]

Open Lock: [roll1]

Medic!
2012-10-25, 12:07 AM
Eric the Free Man?

When Isadora begins picking the lock to his cell, Eric sits up, raising his manacles before him and arching his eyebrows up suggestively. He crosses his fingers and doesn't make a sound, hoping against hope that she gets him out of this mess.

Heart
2012-10-25, 12:17 AM
OOC: Marlowe: Yes, but not enough to touch Beran, as he's in the middle of the hallway currently.

Beran recoils from the blow, staggering back a few feet. he puts a hand to his jaw then fumbles for his weapon. He doesn't seem to care which one, he just wants to protect his own life. Beran turns back to face Thomas, a well made longsword in both hands. "Erego! Erego!"

5ft step away from Thomas, move action to draw his sword, and a free action to shout for Erego.


The dog's teeth bare at Thomas and his tail curls between his legs, with a growl and a bark, he leaps at him.

Move action to Thomas
Standard to bite
Attack roll: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Thomas jerks his arm out of the way of the now ferocious dog's teeth, no worse for wear.

OOC: Your go Thomas, and Isa may roll initiative.

ElfiKay
2012-10-25, 12:29 AM
OOC: guess even non-combatants gotta know when to go.

Initiative: [roll0]

Isidora sighs as this door fails to give way to her. Alright, Eric, let's get you out of here, she thinks to herself, redoubling her efforts...

Heart
2012-10-25, 12:39 AM
OOC: Isa can act next turn, so after Thomas acts again.

Also, the dog's damage is not 1d20+1, typo

Marlowe
2012-10-25, 03:05 AM
Initiative [roll0]

Sorry Beran. You are a good man, but I am not staying here 'til I've worn the skin off my knees and knuckles cleaning this place.

Amalaswentha gets ready to grab the guard through the bars should he get close enough. ((Readied action, if allowed))

hoverfrog
2012-10-25, 04:34 AM
Mink Orduno

Mink had been dozing but the sounds of fighting had woken her up. She looked around, not quite comprehending what was happening. Was her cell door wide open or was that her imagination?

"Gort!" she called through the bars of her window knowing that her familiar was close by, "Mummy's getting out soon, come and help."

Initiative [roll0]

From that initiative roll Mink must still be half asleep. :smallsmile:

GnomeGninjas
2012-10-25, 05:40 AM
Initiative: [roll0]
Vlamad supposes that it is a good thing that the other people attacked first. It goes against his original plan but this way if they get caught then he won't wind up with most of the blame.
I will be unable to post for most of the day and I don't want to slow anyone downs. If it is okay for me to type my action now (though you don't respond until my turn)? If so: Vlamad will ready an action to cast color spray DC:14 when the dog gets within his range. He will try to avoid hitting other people though if to hit the guard he needs to hit an ally too then he will.

Linguz
2012-10-25, 06:34 AM
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Thomas closes the distance and sends another swing in the man's direction. "Can anyone get the dog off me? Or do I have to knock it out too?"

If the man is knocked out: Thomas changes his sap into armor by taking a move action. An enchanted chain shirt.

ElfiKay
2012-10-25, 11:27 AM
Isidora concentrates again on the cell door lock, working slower this time to avoid mistakes.

Open Lock: Taking 20. 20+7=27

Marlowe
2012-10-25, 11:40 AM
Infuriated by her inability to participate, Amalaswentha slams a shoulder against the door, but says nothing.

Medic!
2012-10-25, 02:35 PM
Eric the Eternally Patient

Seeing poor Beran ker-zonkered, Eric lets out a sigh of compassion...he'd been there himself many times. "That's it sweet girl, you're almost there!"

As she works the lock, Eric tries one of the dog's command words he's heard Beran use before, hoping it's the one to make him come, and stop its fighting before it gets hurt too.

I think handle animal? TBH I'm not really sure what would be appropriate, feel free to substitute: [roll0]

hoverfrog
2012-10-25, 04:24 PM
"Let the dwarf out," Mink bangs on the bars of her cell, "Dwarves are good with locks. Two of you can let us out faster than one of you can." She's no idea if the dog hater knows anything about locks but her frustration is making her snap, "Hurry up. Hurry up!

Banging the heal of her hand into her forehead she lets out a yell, "Oh you stupid... Keys, the guard must have keys. Search him."

Pietato
2012-10-25, 04:39 PM
Willem leans on the bars of his cell and watches the chaos unfold. "So, newman, what's your name and what are you in for?" He gives little more than a glance to Jerod's owner as he speaks.

GnomeGninjas
2012-10-25, 04:50 PM
Vlamad watches. He hopes that he didn't annoy everyone else enough that they would just leave him here.

Marlowe
2012-10-25, 08:39 PM
"Our equipment. I believe it to be stored through that door", she points through the bars at the mysterious door across the hallway. "If he does not carry its key on him, we will need to find somebody who does. Is it well?"

((Sorry for the speech pattern. Trying to make her foreign but not ridiculous))

Heart
2012-10-25, 09:17 PM
Thomas's strike sends Beran reeling against a wall to his side. His head impacts the stone hard and his eyes began to roll back in his head as he slumps over. For a moment, there is silence as his sword clangs to the ground, then the dog begans barking furiously. It starts towards Beran, then hears the words of Erik. Unsure what to do, the barking stops and it starts to skip back and forth from Erik to Beran, finally settling on dashing back and forth through the dungeon. Eventually it rests at Beran's body, laying it's head atop Beran's slumped form.

The man Willem speaks to seems to be enthralled in the scene unfolding, and Willem's words lost to him.

OOC: The dog provoked an AoO from Thomas, if you so wish. Isa will get the lock undone eventually, but for now combat is over.

Linguz
2012-10-25, 09:21 PM
Thomas changes his sap into a chain shirt and checks the man's pockets. He does not attack the doggy. The doggy is nice.

Heart
2012-10-25, 09:30 PM
As Thomas reaches towards the man, the dog begins to bare it's teeth and lets out a low growl, but does nothing to harm him. It seems to understand this is a battle it's lost.

After searching over the man, Thomas finds all the aforementioned gear, and when his hand reaches into his pockets, he discovers what the bulge was. Beran's coin purse, containing a myriad of coins, but mostly copper.

OOC: That felt a bit racy to write, for a moment I thought this was an erotica novel.

Linguz
2012-10-25, 09:38 PM
He replaces the coins, putting them back into the man's pocket, and turns to Isi. "Guess you'll be opening them up... unless..." He went to the locked bars of Anna and changes his armor into a crowbar, which he uses to try to pry Anna's gate open.

Strength: [roll0] (and if this doesn't work, taking 20 for 25.)

Medic!
2012-10-25, 09:51 PM
Eric the Smooth Criminal

Once Isa gets Eric's door open and his chains off, he smiles at her, then quick as a snake-strike he grabs her head with both hands and plants a fast kiss on her forehead. "Thank you my dear!"

He bends down over Beran, checking quickly that the man still lives, then bounds off down the hallway laughing like a mad-man. "I'm FREE I'M FREE! No nooses for MEEEEEEEE!"

When he reaches the door that leads deeper into the jail, he rears back and plants a foot firmly against the locking side with all the force he can put behind it as a loud "Hee-yah!" escapes his lips.


Sorry...that's a lot of stuff to do!

[roll0]
[roll1]

Pietato
2012-10-25, 09:53 PM
Willem clears his throat and reaches out of his bars to gesture at Jor before speaking hurriedly. "To answer your question, I am the person who is to receive the items you were given." He pauses just a moment to take a breath. "There should be a sack full of daggers sized for people such as yourself. Everyone here is welcome to those daggers. Everything else is mine."

Heart
2012-10-25, 09:55 PM
Isa gets the door to Erik's cell unlocked. With a strained creek, the door opens up.

Thomas brings the crowbar against the bars at an awkward angle, cause it to grind and slip, with his weight almost making him bump his head into the cell. As he repositions it, the metal bars begin to grown, with each push of Thomas's getting stronger and stronger. All of the prisoners, save two, begin to watch on hopefully. At first there is silence, but as the groaning gets louder, some of them begin to speak up.

"C'mon, just a little more muscle!"

The man in the first cell, who Beran called North, seems to be uninterested, and Jor begans to paint, humming to himself.

Linguz
2012-10-25, 09:59 PM
After two minutes of trying, Thomas gave up. He waited for the orc to be freed before going over to him and changing the crowbar into a battering ram. "I can't get the cell doors open, mind giving me a hand?"

Heart
2012-10-25, 10:01 PM
"Daggers? Daggers..." Jor begins to scratch his head, than walks over to a sack in his room. "These aren't daggers!" He exclaims, pulling one out. "The Lowtide family gave me these, to help with my arts! These are mine, not to share with a little half-man!"

Erik can feel the gentle rise of Beran's chest, and knows the man will live, given rest. When his foot impacts the door, a loud crash follows as the door jerks around, but it stays shut. The force of it not moving begins to send Erik down the steps.

OOC: Balance check :smallbiggrin:

Medic!
2012-10-25, 10:04 PM
Eric the Stairmaster

"No time for that! First we need to get down here, and quickly! None of them folk are goin anywhere just yet."


[roll0]



Edit: In my defense, I was not aware there were steps going down on this side of the door =P

Linguz
2012-10-25, 10:09 PM
Thomas facepalms and offers his hand to help the brute back up.

"How about now? Or will Isa need to get everyone out herself?"

Pietato
2012-10-25, 10:10 PM
The Badger clicks his teeth and does his best to project his voice over the din of people attempting to free each other. "Very well, then, friend. We'll both serve our time, mine's a brief stay, by the by, and when I'm out of here, I'll gladly inform the people I work for that you were vastly uncooperative."

Diplomacy? Bluff? It's blackmail, really. That strikes me as a bit diplomacy-y. Or Intimidate, I suppose.
[roll0]
+7 Diplomacy: 11
+3 Bluff or Intimidate: 7
Pick one, I guess. Or both. I'll happily take +10.

Heart
2012-10-25, 10:16 PM
Jor works his mouth back and forth a bit, then glances at the dagger. He holds it up and runs his finger along the edge. "You said everyone could take one. You meant that? You won't take that back will you?" He doesn't wait for Willem to answer, and grips the dagger in both hands. "This ones mine! I'm picking this one..."

Medic!
2012-10-25, 10:19 PM
Eric the Slow to Learn

Eric works his arm in a pinwheel, testing muscles he'd forgotten he even had. "Have a lil faith in the girl, friend, she's doin just fine. We need to get through this door...

With a grunt he boots the door again...

[roll0]

Side note: I haven't looked at DCs for bursting doors, and it's very possible this is beyond Eric's capabilities...not that that will stop him from trying!

Pietato
2012-10-25, 10:26 PM
Willem gives Jor a thumb up as he speaks over the din of door-kicking. "Eric, I believe it was? Half-Orc! Would you mind getting my things from the fine gentleman with the daggers?"

Linguz
2012-10-25, 10:28 PM
Thomas sighs. "Go ahead and try. I'll be here. And it's not that she can't do it herself. It's just that helping her out wouldn't be such a bad thing." He went to Beran and took his sap, changing the soulcraft into his armor again.

Heart
2012-10-25, 10:32 PM
The door shakes hard again, and this time the impact loosed a bolt, sending it clattering down the stairs to the ground. He then starts to hear some shuffling from the other end, following by metal clanging around.

"Beran? Beran? Ah damn it all!"

Though the voice is muffled, it sounds familiar to Erik.

Medic!
2012-10-25, 10:58 PM
Eric the Eternally Patient

With the door off its hinge, Eric gives a satisfied harumph. He hussles back over to Beran, picking up the guard's sword and tucking it into the rope around his waist acting as a belt. "You can never have too many knives...don't think you'll be needin' this any time soon old friend. Apologies."

He heads back towards the door he booted open, tossing over his shoulder in passing, "I'm sure you'll be able to get them yourself in a few minutes, just whistle for the pretty lil lady to come pop your cage door open. Back in a shake, lad."

Free and with steel on his hip again, Eric's feeling more and more like his old self. The depressed and resigned lump of sack-cloth that was chained to the floor in his cell now swells with confidence, evidenced in his purposeful stride.

As he passes through the now-opened door, he mumbles to himself and descends...

"Still alive....still alive....still alive..."

Heart
2012-10-25, 11:19 PM
With the door gone, a speckle of moonlight enters the room, illuminating just the entrance. Erik can see past that, however. A first a stale, musty scent assaults his nostrils, then, in black and white hues, he sees that the room is fairly small. About the size of the one at the top. Many shelves line the walls, covered in dust. There is a rack with a torch fixed atop it, but the torch stands unlit. Some barrels scatter the ground, and there are several sacks, each with what appears, to Erik at least, inescapably complicated ruins crudely stamped on them.

OOC:
The door wasn't supposed to be open now, only showing that a few more kicks would do the trick. Oh well, It was unnecessary anyway. Also, Erik has acquired a masterwork longsword.

Medic!
2012-10-25, 11:27 PM
Eric the Time Traveler

Eric goes down the steps and begins searching the room for his chain shirt, and anything else that appears to be of use.


OOC:
Question answered about the longsword, and whoops! :smalleek: I'm as illiterate as Eric

Heart
2012-10-25, 11:42 PM
OOC: Apparently I am as well, I've been calling Eric Erik this entire campaign.

Eric rummages through a few sacks before coming across one labeled "Eric The Red". Though the symbols mean nothing to him, after opening the sack he comes upon his prized, and only, possession. His chained shirt. Many other trinkets do come before his eyes as well, though these are in other sacks.

OOC: You may pick five gold worth of mundane adventuring gear. If everyone else wants as well, we can assume an hour has passed and everyone has been freed and fully geared. Everyone is also allowed the five gold mundane gear of their choice. Though if you choose to free North, the other shackled man, I want that to be roleplayed.

Medic!
2012-10-26, 12:02 AM
Erikqcue`

Eric slips his chain shirt on, happy to have it back, and hastily flings things this way and that, stuffing a few items that might come in handy later into a pack before ascending the steps again. Rope, some flint and steel...a thick blanket, Mom could use one of those!...and a new pot... Thinking of seeing his Mother again makes him pause for a moment...it's felt like a year he's been chained up in here...what must she think?

"I'd grab your belongings from down below, so we can get out of here. I'm heading home, east of town about 3 hours walk, at the edge of the wood. After that? Who cares..."

He slings his pack onto his back and strides to the one cell left shut. "He not joining us?"

Machuchang
2012-10-26, 01:43 AM
Abaddon strolled through the halls happily, stretching his body out as he went.

"Ah! Cor, tha's nice!" He said with a grin. He walked over to Beran's unconscious form and patted his head softly. "Sorry, mate."

ElfiKay
2012-10-26, 01:47 AM
Isidora was glad to get her hands on a dagger and thanked Jor profusely for his help - although it was clearly not a gesture of goodwill from the man, help is help regardless. She tucked it into her belt and smiled at the newly freed inmates around her.

"Well, jailbirds, I think we should follow Eric's lead and get what we can from the back room. Then let's fly the coop!" She turns on her heel and trots through the busted door to search for her leathers and anything else that may be of interest.

Search: [roll0]

Machuchang
2012-10-26, 01:54 AM
"Excellen' plan, luv," Abaddon said, looking up. He followed her into the backroom and rooted through his belongings.

"So y'r goin' back into the woods, eh Eric? Y' wouldn' mind if I tagged along, wouldja? I got nowhere t' go, an' the woods're just as good as anywhere. May even find some o' Gramma's friends hangin' around."

hoverfrog
2012-10-26, 01:56 AM
Once free Mink strolls across to the storeroom to retrieve her equipment, raven perched on her shoulder. "Oh, a dagger, how delightful." She also picks up a sack if one is lying around.

Returning to the main corridor she looks down disdainfully at the guard, "He dead? No? Better put him in a cell then." With no skill at locks or strength in her arms she finds a quiet corner to read her spell book and replace her spells.

Heart
2012-10-26, 01:56 AM
OOC: As before everyone, you all find all of your equipment in the room, along with five gold of your choosing of mundane adventuring items.

Even with the cell unlocked, Jor remains in his cell, closing the door after any one opens it. Everyone hears chains begin to rattle, and you see the man, North, wrap his hands around the bars of his cell. "Am I just to be left here to die, then?"

Medic!
2012-10-26, 02:03 AM
Eric

Eric approaches Jor, "If they're for the taking, I'd have two of those daggers, friend...you know you can never have too many knives!"

He drags Beran into a cell and lays him on the cot, taking his boots and stuffing his own feet into them. "Wouldn't do to have him chasin' us when he wakes up. Besides... he wiggles a toe at anyone watching before it disappears into Beran's boot.

The half-orc tucks one dagger into each boot-top and leaves the cell unlocked, heading up to the jailor's office to search for his key-ring.

Pietato
2012-10-26, 02:39 AM
Willem takes his time to thank Jor, and collect his things, after being freed and distributes his daggers to anyone willing to take them. He then proceeds to pick various bits and bobs from the storage room.

He goes back into his cell for a minute and politely ushers his cellmate out, doing his best to keep his business private, before writing a short letter. He then carefully folds it around a single gold piece.
Beran, I would like to inform you that while I am taking advantage of the circumstances of this jailbreak, I, and the people I associate with, had no hand whatsoever in its planning or execution. Nor did I have a hand in stealing from the storeroom or your person. This should cover the the cost of the items which my initial sentencing claims I stole. Feel free to keep whatever is left.
The Badger signs the letter with five horizontal stripes of color, alternating white chalk and black charcoal.
The Badger casually makes his way to the unconscious guard and makes a show of searching him before tucking the folded note under his back.


"Am I just to be left here to die, then?"

"North, right?" The Badger makes his way to North's cell, all his belongings in a sack slung over his shoulder. "I am The Badger. The Lowtide family sent me to ensure that you wouldn't give up any relevant information if questioned by the guard. My presence and armament should be enough to convince you that prison, in spite of its appearance, is not a safe place. That said, we're in a unique situation right now."The Badger leans against the cell opposite North. "I was not ordered to get you out, and if you ratted out the Lowtides, I was supposed to kill you. So, if you'd be so kind, please make your case for being let out."

First: I have nine medium daggers. Help yourselves. However many are left go to arming the others in the jail. If there's somehow more left, they'll be dumped next to Beran.

Second. Grabbing the following: A bell, Sealing Wax, 2 Paper sheets, a Signal Whistle, 10 pieces of chalk, an inkpen, and a writing charcoal.

Third, rolls.
Politely ushering (Diplomacy?): [roll0]
Sleight of hand for note-hiding?: [roll1]
Whups, missed one. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=14116584&postcount=241)

hoverfrog
2012-10-26, 03:51 AM
"Oh my, organised crime. How exciting," Mink looks up from her book, "I assume that you have a plan for getting us out of here if you had a plan for getting in?"

"I say let him out. If we're voting. He can help us escape and if he turns traitor you can kill him then. Deal? Oh and will someone please bar that door before the whole city watch barges in. I saw some pitons in the store room or we could wedge a chair under the handle or something. I'd do it myself but I've just had a manicure." She thought that keeping up the lunatic act was still worthwhile. If they were captured her cohorts would attest to her deranged state of mind and she'd be no worse off. For now though she just wanted to concentrate on her spell book.

GnomeGninjas
2012-10-26, 05:23 AM
Vlamad is afraid that the other people might just leave him here. Would anyone mind unlocking my cell. I certainly could repay you in time? I could give you something. Please just don't leave me here.

Marlowe
2012-10-26, 05:38 AM
Amalaswentha looks out through the bars of the cell door, hands by her sides, eyes like daggers. "I am then, to be left to molder and diminish here? That well with you? It is not with I"

((I read in the OOC thread that everyone's out, but I see no evidence of that IC.:smalleek:

Also, those who are out, do we have access to our equipment or do we have to settle for some dagger?))

GnomeGninjas
2012-10-26, 06:02 AM
Don't worry. I'm sure we could quickly get released if we offer information on the locations of the escape prisoners. Vlamad hopes that this will motivate the rest of the group to free him for there own good. He is a little worried that one of them might try to kill him for saying this though.

Linguz
2012-10-26, 06:19 AM
((I believe everyone was freed in the same timeskip that Eric brought down the door.))

Thomas heads into the back room and gets his crap back, taking only the sap he took from the guard. He holds the tower shield in his hands and gives the warhammer a few swings before clipping the hammer to his belt. "And I believe the only exit is the one you expect us to seal off, so no. I don't think we're doing that."

Marlowe
2012-10-26, 06:35 AM
((OK, but that was really, really confusing. And this is me talking. Everything seems to be being explained OOC and it's hard to cross-reference what's going on.))

Amalaswentha, in frustration, slams her hand against her cell door. It opens with a squeak.

"In that case, forget I spoke" Moving somewhat stiffly in her briefs, she crosses to the storeroom and reclaims her equipment, putting on her leathers with a welcome sigh.

((Does she find her scimitar and daggers?))

She returns to the corridor and looks down at the unconscious guard, curling her lip, she rattles her manacles suggestively. "No..." she mutters. "Should leave him be; just in case we accidentally have to set this place alight to cover our departure. Does anyone have a second-stage plan? I have a disguise spell prepared. Unfortunately it only works on me."

Linguz
2012-10-26, 08:35 AM
"My plan is pretty much 'Get out of town as fast as possible before the sun rises'." He levels his tower shield and goes to the door of the jail. "Why don't you come with me? Or do you have other plans?"

Listen: [roll0]
Listening for anything that's beyond the door.

Marlowe
2012-10-26, 08:50 AM
Amalaswentha looks back at the prison cell. "Technically, I am guilty, but I do not regard the charge as one worthy of the punishment." She draws her scimitar, assuming she has it. "I can make a mist, disguise myself as a guardsman--that should wait until we get to the city gates, talk a good game, fight if I must, and of course, put all your souls in peril," she remarks blandly.

"Is it well?"

Linguz
2012-10-26, 09:03 AM
Thomas chuckles. "I'm guilty too, and I believe the thief that I beat up comes out of his cell today. But I've rotted enough time in prison." He glanced back at the foreign cleric and nodded. "It wouldn't be life if there weren't any risks." Then he turned back to the rest of the crowd, waiting to see which others would join up with him and which would go with the orc to his home.

hoverfrog
2012-10-26, 09:35 AM
"Well I'm certainly guilty, " Mink announces, "Why else would I be in jail?" She wants to stay near those with the skills to keep her safe for the moment, at least until she gets some distance away from this city.

GnomeGninjas
2012-10-26, 10:26 AM
Vlamad says I'm not guilty. I didn't do anything. This time he isn't just being contrary. He actually was jailed just for being a nuisance. I beleive that it would be in our interests to travel together for protection. Until we have to split up of course.

Marlowe
2012-10-26, 10:47 AM
"Gothloli", Amalaswentha turns her eyes on Mink. "Do not treat my own behaviour as an example. Do not be so quick to accept guilt. I know why I am here, and it has nothing to do with the formal charge. Come along, but do not imagine for a second that guilt equals culpability"

He raises her voice. "Plans once we get through the front door, people?"

((EDIT I messed up her speech pattern already))

GnomeGninjas
2012-10-26, 10:59 AM
I cast spells, you guys smite them with weapons. My spells can knock 'em out. Then you can finish the job. I can also conjure grease to make it hard for them to pursue us. I assume that at least some of you can fight.

hoverfrog
2012-10-26, 11:42 AM
"Oh but I am guilty, darling," she gives her most innocent of smiles and continues in a flat tone, "When my father married me off to that fat pig of a business partner I put a six inches of hard steel into his belly rather than go to his bed." She pauses to stroke the raven's feathers, "It's alright, Gort, the bad man has gone away now."

She speaks up. "Can anyone remember what the area around the jail looked like? The nearest building or alley to run to? That sort of thing."

Then she whispers to the bird, "Gort, can you tell me what it looks like outside?"

Heart
2012-10-26, 12:10 PM
"Ratted out the Lowtides?" The lets out a low chuckle, and as you approach him you can finally see the finer details of him. He's a tall man, 6'4'', and looks to have a very muscular build. Or did, were it not for his stay. The tan on his skin has long gone, and it seems as a result even the colour has faded from his hair. His face is older, and scared, and his hair reaches his shoulder blades. The odd thing about him, is there seems to be an air of dread surrounding the man."Th' Lowtides 'ave nuthin' to doo wit' my bein' incarcerated. Iey 'as working for 'em at the time, yes, but i got jailed for bigger things." He turns and sits on the bunk, eliciting a creek. "You'd be making a mistake to not free me."

"Can I come with you?" The man with the dog asks Eric. "I've no where to go here. I just would have to get my pooch first.?

OOC: Yes, everyone is freed and has their gear, along with five gold of mundane items of their choosing.

Linguz
2012-10-26, 12:29 PM
"Plans... not many. Get on a boat, maybe. As a stowaway. Or leave town and go elsewhere. Get stronger, that's definitely a plan. Get stronger and don't end up back in jail. Vlamad's plan is pretty much what I've got, except less magic and more sap." He steps up to the door and rests his hand on the handle and, unless someone tells him to stop, opens the door, quickly moving the tower shield into place to defend from sudden attacks.

Marlowe
2012-10-26, 12:35 PM
"By the sound of it, and I speak not in certainty, it seems your father was the guilty one. Second guilty was your husband, and third was you. But I do not see those first two around here, so given that, I'd say your soul is clean. I worship an Archdevil, by the way, so you might like a second opinion."

She looks around in an irritated fashion. "I am sorry that I have spent most of my time here in other people's bedrooms. What are the streets like betwixt here and the gates?"

GnomeGninjas
2012-10-26, 02:02 PM
Go out fighting, take no prisoners, don't waste time. Keep on moving or else everything will catch back up. If anyone has a brilliant plan please state it now, otherwise we shall follow the kill anything that gets in our way and keep on running plan. Vlamad tries to tell himself that he came up with this on his own, though part of him knows that he is basicly quoting a dwarven hero that he read about in the academy.

Medic!
2012-10-26, 02:33 PM
Eric the Beacon of Hope

Eric reaches up with one finger to scratch at the beard that's been taking its time forming during his stay in the cell. "I reckon I don't care who does what, as long as a whole prison doesn't show up on Mother's door-step.

(Assuming Eric found the keys)

"I'll let ya out, but see to it you make no trouble for us or the town. Just go yer own way, you hear? And that goes for both of you." He rests a palm on the hilt of Beran's longsword, letting it speak its own threats.

He unlocks their cells and lets them free.

"How much planning does it take to open a door and run like the Nine Hells are chasing you?" The half-orc pulls the longsword out to keep it from cutting his rope-belt during the escape, flipping it around so the blade rests along the underside of his arm where it won't get caught on anything.

"Our home isn't exactly a long-hall...maybe three of you at best can go with me without makin' things too rough on Mother."

He looks at the half-elf girl, "You I owe a debt, and I'd be ashamed not to repay it."

Next he eyes Mink, "And I'd like to hear a duet with you an' Mother, if you'd be willing to come along...just don't take the invitation for a proposal, I don't need to wake up with a dagger in my guts!" he chuckles at that last part.

"Room for one more, if anyone's keen to go along."


Feel free to change make-up/disagree, I only singled out Isa and Mink for IC/RP reasons.

Machuchang
2012-10-26, 02:59 PM
"I guess I'll follow y' t' th' woods, if'n y' don't mind, eh Eric?" Abaddon called out to the half-orc as he inspected a ball of twine. "I've got a pretty reco'nizable mug and I don't wanna be cooped up on a ship. I wouln' las' too long there, I'd assume."

Pietato
2012-10-26, 04:19 PM
"You'd be making a mistake to not free me."
"I'll leave that mistake for someone else to make, then. Orders, and all." The Badger turns to the rest of the escapees. "If someone would like to free mister North, you're very welcome to." He walks away from North's cell and back among the other prisoners. "As for my plans to escape, I intended to stay for the duration of my sentence. Now, if it's all the same to everyone else, I have a few stops to make before leaving the city. First, though, I'd like to stop by the prison's office and adjust the prisoner records."

Marlowe
2012-10-26, 10:28 PM
Amalaswentha taps her lips with the flat of her scimitar, and smiles. "Something about us being all dispatched unexpected and unilaterally to some penal regiment or suicide squad, perhaps? I think I know just the name to fix to it.

" Or do you have other plans? The Guard is a problem" She gives a long slow glance down the corridor, tapping her blade thoughtfully. "But not one that tempts me to murder. Shall we leave a note, explaining to him the song we'd like him to sing? It would be a better option for him than telling his superiors what actually did happen"

Medic!
2012-10-26, 10:43 PM
Eric the Wise

"I'd have no issue with you coming along," he says to Abbadon, "long as you mind yer manners."

"Not many ways to explain the entire jail bustin' out on his watch...it'd be best for Beran to stick to the truth. Ain't many ways to put a spin on things in a town this small to keep us in the clear besides. And I'm sure he could name each of us from memory, no mistake."

Pietato
2012-10-26, 10:45 PM
The Badger looks at Amalaswentha with a blank expression. "You're welcome to leave your name on their books. I intend to tear everyone's pages out entirely."

Marlowe
2012-10-26, 10:53 PM
Amalaswentha laughs. "Not my name, certainly. Just that of a rather naughty local nobleman who wanted to make his mistress jealous, but did not reckon on his wife coming home instead. It is well. The simple approach is the best one. I was simply eager to repay one turn with another"

She turns to Thomas. "It seems the talkative fellow has a party and a destination. Where would we be going?"

Linguz
2012-10-26, 11:39 PM
"Unsure. Want to go out to sea? Stow away on a boat, find ourselves, if nothing happens, at a new place, with our names clear." He looked at the two other people who were without a group. "You two want to come with? Or will you be setting out on your own?"

Marlowe
2012-10-26, 11:47 PM
Amalaswentha frowns. "The harbour. That is another place where, if they look for us at all, they are certain to keep their eyes. I quite like the idea of a sea voyage to--anywhere else." Save Baronawight "But we may need a place to lie low first."

She sheaves the scimitar, feeling a little silly she drew it in the first place. "Still, we waste time. Let us get out the street, and put some distance twixt us and the pursuit."

Linguz
2012-10-26, 11:53 PM
"Agreed. And I was thinking of stowing away on a ship that is about to set sail, preferably tomorrow morning. That way, they don't have the time to search for us."

And unfortunately, we can't leave until we know what was behind the door that Thomas already opened. And I'm heading to sleep now, since it's past midnight and I'm feeling a bit tired. G'night everyone.

Marlowe
2012-10-27, 04:47 AM
"Stowing away could well lead to giving us a free trip to the sea bottom. We had best pick our mark well" Amalaswentha looks pensive. "All the more reason to move right now"

GnomeGninjas
2012-10-27, 06:53 AM
Vlamad looks at everyone sadly before asking So are we going to escape now or are we waiting for the next gaurd to show up?

ElfiKay
2012-10-27, 01:30 PM
Isidora pats the half-orc's arm and smiles, "I would be honored to join you. But I would need to rejoin with you all after I attend to Mor... my own mother. She must be worried..."

"As for our current inaction, I also think that we need to move sooner rather than later. I'm getting nervous just standing here in the jail."

Medic!
2012-10-27, 02:06 PM
Eric(+/- k)

"Right then. Better to do a thing than to live with the fear of it. Try not to add murder to your list of crimes, folks...they take that bit seriously 'round these parts."

Eric opens the door to the jailor's office, ready to make like a baby and head-out!

Machuchang
2012-10-27, 02:31 PM
Abaddon waved to the rest of the prison as he followed Eric out the door.

"I guess I'll be seein' y' all around, eh? Good luck lads 'n lasses! Don' get caught!"

hoverfrog
2012-10-27, 02:44 PM
Mink packs her things away neatly in her newly acquired pack and moves to stand behind the hulking half orc. He makes a more inviting target than me, she thinks to herself, The big brute almost eclipses me. She'd follow after him and hope for the best.

Pietato
2012-10-27, 11:47 PM
"Do any of you know how to sail a ship? Failing that, do any of you know what to do once we're found stowing away and unable to assist the crew? I'll be in the office." The Badger makes his way up the stairs after Eric and Friends, staying far enough behind that he'd be able to hear if a fight broke out.

If there's no trouble and the office is otherwise empty, The Badger will search for the prison's records, backup records, double backup records, and non-personal valuables (coins, mundane objects, boring-looking books, etc.)
Search.
[roll0]

Linguz
2012-10-28, 12:01 AM
"We'll help the crew. I'm strong enough to assist in whatever they need me to do and I'm sure the rest of you can do something to." Thomas follows the Badger up the stairs. "And at worse, we'll try to become unpaid protection for the ship. From pirates and sea creatures."

Marlowe
2012-10-28, 12:19 AM
"Best make it a ship with a small crew then, so they are less likely to decide that taking their chances in a fight with us is less dangerous than having us along" Amalaswentha smiles dryly. "And best we find some supplies somewhere first. Best not look like freeloaders"

GnomeGninjas
2012-10-28, 05:42 AM
Vlamad will stay behind Eric. He is busy focusing on getting into fighting state of mind and thusly not paying attention to the conversation.

Marlowe
2012-10-28, 06:05 AM
Amalaswetha's eyes widen at Vlamad's apparent defection, but moves up behind Thomas. "It should be dark by now, yes?"

Linguz
2012-10-28, 08:55 AM
Thomas remembers something as Ama says supplies and turns on a dime, going back to the supply room, where he gets all the rations he can find (10 if they count as mundane gear). Then he returns to her side and continues following the group. "Supplies like rations? If you can think of anything else, the store room might hold it. And small ship, okay. And it should still be. Last I checked, in the store room, there was moonlight creeping in."

Heart
2012-10-29, 12:47 AM
OOC:Eric doesn't find keys in the store room, but the rations for Thomas are fine.

"I'd very much like yer assistance in getting free of these chains, lit'le lady," North says to Isa, then turning to Thomas, "I've sailed a few ships in my days, even know a feller or two on the seas. I'd be thinkin' I'd be ah gud asset to your alls, uh, party, til we reach land someone else 'leasts." He tucks his head down a bit and slowly curls his lips into a smile, giving a slight jerk on the bars.

"Er-Eric, right? You, half-ork," the dog owner says, his voice a bit shaky. "Please, sir, you like dogs, I can tell! Please if only you'll help me find Jerod and get out of this dirt hole, I'll be gone from you. I won't come to your mothers, the second we cross the town borders we'll split. Whaddya say? Please?" His hands are shaking a bit, and you think you can see tears in the bottom of his eyes.

OOC: I'm a bit confused on who's going up the door first, anyone care to help me out?

Medic!
2012-10-29, 12:52 AM
Eric

Eric goes up to the door, "Didn't find any keys to let you out. Apologies, friend, seems you've no manner of luck at all."

Eric tries the door.

OOC: Eric's going first as far as I know.

Machuchang
2012-10-29, 12:54 AM
"Geez," Abaddon said as he stared at the dog-man. "'f I c'n come, so c'n he, eh?" He turned his head toward Eric expectantly.

Medic!
2012-10-29, 12:59 AM
Eric the Benevolent

Eric waves his hand in the air behind him, "Free country, do as you please. Just nothin' I can do about it is all."

Marlowe
2012-10-29, 01:03 AM
Amalaswentha opens her eyes wide toward North "Make up your mind, sir. Are you hypothetically helping us on the sea, or hypothetically Not Hanging Out with the Talkative Fellow's Mater? It strikes me that you can scarcely do both."

She taps the hilt of the scimitar four times and scowls. "It is not well that we should leave him. Yet we need to move soon and I have no way of getting his door open, save by sheer strength, where I would require much assistance."

Heart
2012-10-29, 01:10 AM
"Thank you so much! My Jerod, my little Jerod I'm coming!"

Eric wraps his hand around the bronze door handle, pressing his thumb down on the latch and pushing into his door. As it opens, you see a tired Erego closing the outside doors with a piece of bread in his hand. Upon seeing you, you see a very surprised look on his face as the bread falls to the ground.

OOC: Initiative.

Erego: [roll0]

Machuchang
2012-10-29, 01:25 AM
Abaddon's victorious grin quickly drooped.

"Oh, sod it,"

Initiative: [roll0]

Medic!
2012-10-29, 01:32 AM
Eric

Seeing Erego, Eric decides the time for subtlety is over. He runs straight at Erego like he intends to go right through him to get out of the jail. "Don't get in my way Erego!"


Eric's going to attempt an over-run to get past Erego and out the door.
[roll0]
[roll1]
Dice be good!

Marlowe
2012-10-29, 02:25 AM
Amalaswentha draws scimitar, "I am sorry, good man, but we are leaving and you are not going to prevent us. Well?"

Initiative [roll0]

hoverfrog
2012-10-29, 02:45 AM
"Oh, how horrible. I do so dislike violence," Mink shuffles forward hesitantly, her newly acquired quarterstaff held like a shield.

Initiative: [roll0]

Linguz
2012-10-29, 07:06 AM
(I had stated that Thomas opened the door first with his tower shield in hand, but whatever...)

"I suggest you run." Thomas draws his warhammer. "'Fore we get to you."

Initiative: [roll0]

ElfiKay
2012-10-29, 09:51 AM
Isidora looks to the chained man, and then to Willem the Badger and back, "I'm sorry, sir, I don't think it's my place to decide your fate." She turns back to face the door as Eric opens it and prepares for a fight.

Initiative: [roll0]

GnomeGninjas
2012-10-29, 04:01 PM
Initiative [roll0]
Vlamad hopes that he is ready for this. He has never been in a fight for his life before though he is surprisingly confident that it will be his side taking the guard's life rather than the other way around.

Heart
2012-10-29, 11:59 PM
OOC: It would be Vlamad's go, keep in mind though, Eric is currently blocking the door way, as it's only a 5ft square. You all may decide the order on the stairs, but people two squares or more down from Eric don't have line of sight. If someone could design a map for me, the office is a 20x20 room, with a desk and chair in the top right, then the stairs leading down 20 ft. Also, sorry Linguz, I was going by whoever posted first since you went back down to grab supplies.

GnomeGninjas
2012-10-30, 06:07 AM
Vlamad will move past Erik though move out of his way. (move up the stairs and through Eric, then turn right). Then he throws a club: [roll0] This is not including range increments.
[roll1]

Machuchang
2012-10-30, 12:36 PM
Abaddon mumbled in some alien tongue, his voice growing louder and louder as his invocation grew in power. His hands crackled with supernatural energy as a mist of greenish hues engulfed his body.

Invocation: Entropic Warding.
Abaddon now deflects incoming arrows, rays, and other ranged attacks (as Entropic Shield). Abaddon leaves no trail (as Pass Without Trace) and cannot be tracked by scent. (He can still be detected normally by scent, just not tracked.)

With his invocation finished, Abaddon moved to try and stay behind Eric without getting in anyone else's way.

Linguz
2012-10-30, 12:46 PM
Thomas moves up, going through Eric and across the room before settling down right in front of Erego, his tower shield poised to block attacks and his sap (not warhammer, sorry) drawn. He is no standing between the door and Erego. "Surrender and this will go much better for you."

You can't overrun him, Medic, because he's too far away.

Marlowe
2012-10-30, 12:56 PM
Amalaswentha drifts up behind Thomas, her scimitar held in both hands. "Be our friend. Or else."

((Action readied))

(((Action not readied because I don't have range)))

hoverfrog
2012-10-30, 03:25 PM
"Now, now, there's no need for threats," Mink sidles into the room and releases a charm against Erego, "We're all friends here, aren't we?"

URL="http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/charmPerson.htm"]Charm Person[/URL] DC 15

Heart
2012-10-30, 04:48 PM
Vlamad lets loose a mighty throw as he hurls the club... By a Wizard's standards. It loudly bangs against the door next to Erego causing it to shake, then the club clatters to the ground. Erego gives a reflexive flinch, almost a whole second after it hits the ground, and when the Amla and Thomas speak to him, he appears to get none of the meaning. With such close proximity to the man, you can see sheer exhaustion on his face. Even the words of Mink, aided by magic, have no effect.

OOC: I believe Isa should have went before Thomas, but I suppose it doesn't matter too much since Erego goes last. Anyway, Isa's go.

ElfiKay
2012-10-30, 07:00 PM
Isidora sidles past her fellow jailbirds to stand at Eric's left hand. She smiles at Erego as she tightens her grip on her dagger, "Sorry, sir jailer, but it would appear that you are in our way."

OOC:
This should put her in I8.

GnomeGninjas
2012-10-30, 07:30 PM
Vlamad doesn't want to use any spells just to kill this one gaurd. He steps forward [H5], grabs another club and throws.
Attack (including range increments) [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
If Erego is grapple he will not throw.

Heart
2012-10-30, 07:44 PM
OOC: Vlamad would go again after Erego.

Erego's senses seem to come to him in a moment when Erik tries to lock the man up, he leans back and rushes a shoulder into Eric, pushing even a half ork as strong as him back."Beeeerrrrrannnn!" He starts to breathe heavily, then says to all of you],"I been waitin' fer an excuse to bash in sum a yer heads!" His good hand, his only hand, reaches for his mace.

OOC: Que several AoOs, and if he withstands them, he swings at Eric.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Medic!
2012-10-30, 07:51 PM
Eric

Eric responds to Erego's attack with another pomel-smash, growling between his clenched teeth, "Easy now, Erego. Beran's takin' a lil, nap, you should join him. You're clearly outnumbered here."



[roll0]
[roll1]

Heart
2012-10-30, 08:42 PM
EregoEric leans out of the way, trying to avoid Eric's Erego's pommel mace, but it still clashes against his breastplate chainmail. He smiles, and the armour seems to have absorbed the impact.

Everyone starts to hear a long drawn out laugh from the bottom of the stairs, followed by the rattling of chains, very rhythmically. "Erego! I hope you're ready ta feel sum a the justice you so readily dispense on dese prisoners and I!" The voice is familiar, that of North, then you here some vocals with the chains.

"Swing your flail, Erego,
And you will fail, Erego,
Turn and run, Erego,
Turn and run."

After each utterance of Erego, there is a long labored breath.

OOC: Everyone gets the effects of Inspire Courage (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/classes/bard.htm), +1, and Eric took no damage. Will Willem be acting this round?

Linguz
2012-10-30, 09:14 PM
Thomas opens his tower shield just enough for him to swing his arm and does just that; he swings his arm and intends to knock out the little man.

+1 to both from inspire courage.
Attack: [roll0]
Check: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2] x2 if crit

MAP Document (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiZcaAqLuX0TdHluZ0c4QnU5NV9jLVNfSU1la1ZLc mc#gid=0)

http://s10.postimage.org/pzk4nf63r/Thing.png

Marlowe
2012-10-30, 11:45 PM
((That should be close enough to my turn again)) Amalaswentha puts herself between the struggling Jailor and the door to the outside, not wanting the man to escape and raise the alarm. "Honoured warden, is it well? You want us to have to kill you? Think again, and better?" She directs a swing of her scimitar at him with the flat of her blade.

(striking for non-lethal. She might have a flank. There's enough of us here, but I'm not including that in the roll))

Attack[roll0]Damage[roll1]Crit Confirm[roll2]

hoverfrog
2012-10-31, 03:04 AM
Walking closer Mink reaches out to her new friend hoping that the spell she cast had worked its magic or that Erego was capable of being reasonable. "Dear jailer, please desist, we don't want to kill you but if you force us to we will," Mink hopes the threat and the option of peaceful surrender will be enough to convince him, "Just drop your weapon, we'll tie you up and be on our way. Nobody needs to die."

Bluff [roll0]
Diplomacy [roll1]
Intimidate [roll2]

There's nothing to say that the caster is aware of a Charm working or failing. This is my attempt to determine if it was successful.

ElfiKay
2012-10-31, 04:03 AM
Isidora moves forward to flank Erego and plunges her dagger into his back.

Attack Roll: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] + [roll2] = [7]
"You really shouldn't have aimed your mace at my new friends, sir."

Medic!
2012-11-01, 10:51 PM
Eric the Saint

Seeing Erego sorely pressed, Eric gives another shot at knocking his teeth out with the pommel of his borrowed sword.

Yet another non-lethal attack!

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

No good deed goes unpunished.

GnomeGninjas
2012-11-02, 05:26 AM
Vlamad just watches. He trusts that his companions can off the guard. This way he won't use any spells.

hoverfrog
2012-11-02, 06:04 AM
Updated map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AogjZOgXnYpEdG9ha2xHLTN3TTZxMVFBYWcxVlRfb EE) including initiative order. Let me know if you're in the wrong place.
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j118/hoverFrog/prison.jpg

Unwilling to use her precious spells more than she has or to engage in a fight with someone so clearly outnumbered Mink walks over to the desk. Once there she begins to rifle through the drawers looking for keys and other things of interest.

Depending on which side the drawers are this puts her at C2 or C4
Search [roll0]

Machuchang
2012-11-02, 10:53 AM
Abaddon stepped to side, deciding to give the melee fighters more room to maneuver.

Moving to D4, if that spot is open.

Heart
2012-11-02, 11:36 AM
Erego seems to have a very worried look on his face.I fought in wars, [/I]Thomas's sap is met with Erego's mace, bringing them both clashing to the ground. I slew dozens! He then ducks into his arm as a boxer would as Eric's sword crashes against it, having no harm. But, I had allies then... Too occupied with the two warriors, he doesn't notice Isa to his side, and let's loose a shriek of pain as he feels the cold steel behind his back.

"Ahg! You damned harlot, I'll have your head!" With one spin towards Isa, he brings the mace into her ribs. Isa feels are sharp, broken pain throughout her body, and can only assume now her some of her insides have stopped working.

OOC: Standard action to attack Isa. He got an 18 on the roll and rolled for four damage. Don't worry about the insides thing, I don't have any secret rules for that or anything.

Marlowe
2012-11-02, 11:43 AM
"Divinity of hell!" says Amalaswentha, annoyed at his choice of tragets. "I am sorry, Honoured Warden, but a Scimitar is for cutting."

Attack:[roll0]damage[roll1]CCR[roll2]

Linguz
2012-11-02, 11:46 AM
Thomas shifts the shield out of his way and threw down his armor and sap. He manifested a new one out of nothingness and barked, "Attack me you she-devil!"

He swung his sap at Erego's face.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
Tower shield is currently unused, so no AC from it. He's making himself a big open target.

Marlowe
2012-11-02, 11:56 AM
Amalaswentha looks away from the blood on her blade and darts a glance at Thomas. ""She-Devil?""

Heart
2012-11-02, 12:00 PM
Amal's scimitar strikes Erego in the back of his knee, bringing him face level with a halfing, he looks up to Eric, only to meet the sap bashing into his head. His body slumps to the ground, unconscious, but he still half-heartedly grips the mace.

Marlowe
2012-11-02, 12:10 PM
Amalaswentha kicks the mace out of his hand, then searches him for any manacles he may be carrying.

((If she doesn't find any, she'll use her own))

She grabs his good arm, twists it behind his back, and shackles it to his left ankle. "Tempted to pull his pants down and put some kiss-marks on his face, just for the devilment and how it will look when he's discovered. But we need to move. Isa, you took a hit."

It's plain that he'll recover, so she takes him by the hair and drags him away from the door. And then looks around fretfully. "Be assured that this is not the first time, fellows, where I have had occasion to regret not carrying a suitable gag. I really should wear more scarfs."

ElfiKay
2012-11-02, 12:10 PM
Isidora's eyes widen as the mace collides with her side and she gasps in pain. "Harlot...?" her ears turn pink at the crass word and she glowers up at Erego as he is besieged by Thomas and Ama's attacks, "Better watch your head first, SIR," she snaps. flipping her dagger around in her hand to smash the hilt into his forehead.

Dagger attack roll: [roll0]
Damage(nonlethal): [roll1] + [roll2] = [2]

OOC:I'm assuming Isi is still flanking him with somebody. Edit: Oh, the dice are cruel... Well, Thomas and Ama have probably already finished him off anyhow.

As Erego crumples to the ground, she relaxes and grips her side, "Oof... Yeah, my ribs are telling me something similar," she quips feebly, forcing a smile up at Ama. "Let's get out of here."

Linguz
2012-11-02, 12:17 PM
"Trying to get his attention. Name-calling works as a good provoking tactic against dimwits. He might've been a dimwit." He changes back into his normal outfit (chain shirt) and picks the sap back up. "If you want to gag him, I'm sure tearing and using his clothing will serve just as well. Now, where will we be heading? Ships or further inland?" He's directing his question mostly at Ama, but also at Williem (if he comes up) and Vlamad.

Marlowe
2012-11-02, 12:22 PM
Amalaswentha nods, draws one of her daggers, and does as suggested, secretly grateful there is no "Improvise Bondage Equipment" skill she'd actually have to take ranks in.

"I do not know this country well enough. The docks would be fine. If there is no willing vessel, we have the strength to commandeer one. What we should discuss is the portentious fellow back in his cell."

Linguz
2012-11-02, 12:58 PM
((Fancy word use.))

"I say let him out. He cheered us on during the fight and I could feel myself get better when he did so."

hoverfrog
2012-11-02, 01:05 PM
"I concur, " Mink looks up from rifling through the desk drawers, "I see no reason to single him out when the rest of us are free. I don't even know what most of you were in jail for. Not that it matters now."

Heart
2012-11-02, 01:53 PM
On the man, you find a masterwork breastplate and masterwork heavy mace. Inside the desk are some prison documents (The drawer was locked but I assume you would have tried the keys on them. The documents are the ones Willem would be looking for.) Two maps, one of the world and one of the country, and a drawn picture, it looks like a younger Erego with some war buddies. A few of the unnamed commoners come to the top, as does the man-with-a-dog-but-currently-without-a-dog.

ElfiKay
2012-11-02, 05:03 PM
Isidora, her hand still to her side, nods at the words of Thomas, "I felt it, too, hold on a moment." She turns and heads deeper into the jail to face the chained man. "I wasn't really sure about letting you out, and despite that, you helped us. I don't really know what you did, but we all felt it," she smiles at him and begins to work on his lock, ""Thank you."

Open Lock: [roll0]

Machuchang
2012-11-02, 05:44 PM
Abaddon nudged the jailer with his foot.

"Well, tha's two of 'em, eh? Does that mean it's safe t' leave yet?"

ElfiKay
2012-11-02, 07:36 PM
Isidora sighs as her skills fail her on North's door. "I really don't want to be here for much longer.... Can somebody toss me the keys?" She shakes her head at her own overconfidence and mutters to herself, "Remember, just because one way looks cooler, doesn't mean it's actually the better way to accomplish a task."

GnomeGninjas
2012-11-02, 07:41 PM
Vlamad retrieves his club. It seems our escape has much less chaos so far than I anticipated. Perhaps we should make a plan. I intend to leave the city on a boat so I can leave these dspicable people... Who is with me?
Vlamad is glad that he didn't get hurt in the fight though he hopes he didn't seem cowardly.

Marlowe
2012-11-02, 09:04 PM
Amalaswentha looks at the mace thoughfully. "That", she says. "Would be worth enough on resail to buy us legitimate passage, or even get us a boat of our own. Sir." She addresses the mysterious man still behind bars. "You say you can sail. Have you contacts in the harbour that would let us arrange a passage quickly and without fuss? And by quickly I mean before the dawn."

Medic!
2012-11-02, 09:27 PM
Eric the...Medic!

When Erego goes down, Eric helps the others bind him and drag him away. He strips Erego of his remaining gear and piles it on the desk, "Aye, worth a fair coin, that gear is. I've no interest in it, personally."

He keeps the borrowed sword tucked up behind his arm, seeing no use in tucking it back into his belt, as he's dressed in prison garb and highly suspicious looking anyway.

When Isa returns, he non-chalantly lifts her shirt part-way up, prodding at her ribs, looking for a break or signs of internal damage from the mace.


After everyone's ready to go:
"Dunno about you lot, but I'm ready to get out of here." He opens the door, glances left then right for signs of danger, then takes off at a dead run to get out of town and to his home.

[roll0]

Machuchang
2012-11-02, 09:30 PM
"Oh, 'ell! Wait for me, eh?!" Abaddon took off running after the half-orc.

Pietato
2012-11-02, 09:32 PM
Willem makes his way into the prison office after the sound of fighting dies down and goes about his aforementioned search. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=14126806&postcount=131) "There are fewer ways out and more ways to die when traveling by sea, friends. And much as I'd like to put quick distance between myself and the town guard, I'd rather not associate with someone who admitted to being in this prison for something more severe than working with a local criminal organization." He makes his way around the room, tapping the walls and floor for secret hideaways. "Now, would you mind handing me those records?"

Marlowe
2012-11-02, 09:52 PM
Assuming the records are in plain sight, Amalaswentha hands them to William. "Depends much upon with whom you sail, and where, and in what."

"You look like somebody who knows people; if relying on him is not to your taste, do you have a better idea? A place we could go? A place we could dispose of an overpriced metal club? A ship with a crew not inclined to ask questions?"

"I had the idea of disguising myself as a state officer or somesuch, and getting us aboard something light and fast on the excuse of being on an urgent mission. But then what would we do when my disguise wears off and they see My Lady's marks on me?"

Pietato
2012-11-03, 01:51 AM
Willem thumbs through the reports and picks out the ones relating to the party. "I do know people, but I cannot imagine they would be pleased with my bringing..." He looks up, seeing the others leaving. "Three others accused of jailbreaking to their doorstep. Regardless, we should start walking. I've stored some of my things in town and have someone who will keep these things safe." He says while holding up the prison's files. "That, and I'd rather not stand around unconscious guards."
The badger steps out into the night.

hoverfrog
2012-11-03, 03:18 AM
If nobody else has then Mink goes down to the cell with the keys and releases the last prisoner and locks the unconscious guards into the same cell. She leaves the keys in the middle of the floor out of reach sure that belts and a bit off effort will allow them to free themselves eventually. She takes the maps and any documents pertaining to herself or to the group she's aligned herself with to sort out later and leaves the rest with Amalaswentha. "I suggest burning these if you're not taking them with you," she says before walking around and giving everyone a hug and a kiss, "Take care of yourselves, my fellow prisoners. It's been a delight rooming with you but it seems that we must depart at least for a time. I do so hate long voyages so I think I'll travel with the Mister Eric for now. Do write, often." She scribbles the address of the hunting lodge on a corner of paper and hands it to the devil worshipper, "I doubt that I'll be able to pick up correspondence with any frequency with my travel plans but the household will keep mail until it is collected. Even for me."

"Thank you all so much for this wonderful opportunity for freedom. I shan't waste it. Mwah," with that she blows a final kiss to the group and sets off after the half orc. Gort takes off to scout ahead and keep an eye on where the others are going.

I'm working on the assumption that our clothes were in the store room along with our other things so we aren't in prison uniforms any more? Unless we didn't have anything else to wear. If we're in our street clothes then I'll walk hurriedly. If we're in prison grey shirts then an undignified full sprint to the nearest alleyway would be the best choice.

GnomeGninjas
2012-11-03, 06:42 AM
Vlamad walks to the docks. He is glad that some other people are going with him, hopefully they could help him out of a tight spot later.

Marlowe
2012-11-03, 07:53 AM
Amalaswentha remarks deadpan; "The eyes of the Lady of the Fourth be always upon you, Mage". Then, before Mink can start wondering if that amounts to a blessing, turns her attention to the papers she'd been given, leafing through for anything useful. She absently picks up Erego's mace and slings it on her belt, already finding the weight annoying.

"Well, Thomas. Since the Halfling gave us no invitation to shadow him, and since the Dwarf is keen for the sea, I suppose that leaves us with no option but to hit the docks. Is it well?" She says quietly, then swears. "Bright and Bloody Chaos. We are already scattering in different directions like sheep!"

She cleans the blood off her blade. steps out in the darkness of freedom, heading in the same direction as Vlamad and keeping him in sight.

((ignore the spoiler))
hide[roll0]
Mv Silently[roll1]
Spot[roll2]
Listen[roll3]

EDITED to reflect that something is about to occur.

Linguz
2012-11-03, 01:06 PM
((We really should wait for Heart's post. :|))

Thomas nodded. "We might as well." He looks around, seeing the room, and takes the breastplate from the table to shove into his bag, assuming nobody took it yet. Then he turns to look at the doorway...

ElfiKay
2012-11-03, 03:09 PM
Isidora stretches her side a bit, smiling to find things seemed to be roughly in the correct places, though she would still require some rest to fully recover, "Thank you, Eric," she lays a hand on his arm, his shoulder being a bit too high for her to casually touch, then turns to the group discussing plans for a shipyard escape, "It looks as if we'll be parting ways here. Please write us!" Isidora drops a little curtsy with a laugh, then turns to where her compatriots stood at the open door........


OOC: Enter Heart's post. I'm assuming that nobody actually took off running since he said we would see something at the door.

Heart
2012-11-04, 03:22 PM
As Eric swings the door open, ready to sprint into the night with his friends in tow, he sees three guards and a recently captured criminal a little ways off. They are heading into the direction of the prison, but don't seem to be paying much attention, bantering back and forth. As such, the guards nor the prisoner notice the doors open. Little did he know, it was quite likely about to be this prisoners lucky day.

hoverfrog
2012-11-04, 04:24 PM
"Oh my, what a terrible inconvenience," Mink steps back into the jail and shuts the door firmly, "I suggest that we hide. I can put up an illusionary wall to hide behind."

GnomeGninjas
2012-11-04, 06:21 PM
Vlamad moves behind Mink. Good! Put up a wall, when they get close I'll knock most of them out, you finish the rest off. Vlamad hopes that his plan will work, and that the rest of the group understands how smart he is.

Medic!
2012-11-04, 06:39 PM
Eric

"Planning isn't exactly my strong-suit. Just tell me what I have to do to get home." The series of constant setbacks and delays is clearly beginning to wear on Eric's nerves, evidenced by his white knuckles clenching the hilt of the borrowed longsword and his fidgeting.

Linguz
2012-11-04, 06:42 PM
"It's only three of them. Gang up on them at the doorway, so stand on one side of it and attack as they go in. That's my plan, anyway." And keeping to his plan, he positioned himself against the wall of the doorway, ready to swing at anyone who walks past it. "And hiding isn't something I do. Tower shields make it way too hard to be silent or hidden."

ElfiKay
2012-11-04, 07:28 PM
Isidora slips over behind Mink, gripping her dagger, "Sounds good to me."

Machuchang
2012-11-04, 07:34 PM
Abaddon sighed, but still took a fighting stance.

Pietato
2012-11-04, 07:34 PM
Willem takes a seat next to the desk, keeping himself out of view of the door as he jots notes on the back of the prison forms.
Hide: [roll0]
No, seriously. Spoiler.Just the names, races, and short physical descriptions of others in the party.

GnomeGninjas
2012-11-04, 07:52 PM
Vlamad positions himself by the door so he can get I clear shot at them without hitting (many) allies with his colar spray.
Vlamad is a dwarf. He is bald and has a fairly average sized beard.He has tatoos on his hands, feet and left forarm. The tatoos look dwarven though they are not characters in the dwarven alphabet.

Medic!
2012-11-04, 08:35 PM
Eric

Eric takes up a spot on the opposite side of the door, longsword gripped in both hands ready to pommel-smash the next guard that comes through the door.

Marlowe
2012-11-05, 12:09 AM
Amalaswentha mutters under her breath, and ruthlessly drags Erego's supine, bound form behind the desk so that it won't be immediately in sight when the door is opened, then sheds her pack and speaks quietly and firmly.

"We should all be on one side of the door. Reduce crossfire, save those that require a flank. An Illusion of a wall will tip them off. They will know this chamber. An Illusion of empty space, now..." she smiles, draws Erego's mace, and casts Disguise Self, turning herself into spit and image of the Jailor, then positions herself before the door, on the opposite side of the room, so that she's the first person the guards see when they enter.

"You. Git yerselfs in 'ere sharpish. Beran's 'ad a few too many an' there's bin shenanigans" she growls, trying to get the hang of imitating Erego's accent.

hoverfrog
2012-11-05, 02:34 AM
As people position themselves around the door it seems as if few wish to hide behind an illusionary wall so Mink retreats back to the corridor (K7 on the map) where she won't be seen but can hear what happens.

Marlowe
2012-11-05, 02:55 AM
Erego/Amalaswentha gives Mink a sharp look as she watches the Mage withdraw. "Retreat? There is no retreat from here. Gothloli, if we should manage an ambush and win, then most of the forces in town that could oppose our will will be suppressed. I do not speak of taking lives, without need.

"If we should lose, then we are dead, and all machination ceases. Do what you can to assist. You raised your hand along with ours by walking out of your cell. I will have no indecision now"

Distrusting her own voice acting, she decides to be found staring balefully into the corridor to the right, ready to give an abrupt erego-esque gesture to enter when the door opens.

Heart
2012-11-05, 10:00 PM
OOC: I'll assume someone brought the keys downstairs to free North.

Most of the other prisoners gathered at the bottom of the steps, not being fit for a fight themselves. As the voices of the guards grow louder, a pair a footsteps climb up the stairs. North arrives at the top, wearing the prison outfit, but with a crossbow in his arms and a quiver of bolts slung on his arm. What looks to be a wand sits in his belt as well. "I keep hearin' talk o' yer' plan, but the only one Iey seeee actin' is thatin'," he gestures at Amal.

ElfiKay
2012-11-06, 12:41 AM
Isidora nods at North before moving to the shadows on the hinge side of the door. "Right. Action. There were three guards, correct? Ama should probably initiate the attack since she will have the element of surprise with her Erego disguise. I will hide near the door and help Thomas take out the guard in the back. I'm not sure how long I can last in combat with this, however," she rested a hand on her side, then glanced at the magic users, "Does anybody know any minor healing spells?"

Hide: [roll0]

Marlowe
2012-11-06, 12:46 AM
"I do. Of course" growls Amalerego. "If we let them get away, then we are done. I'll try getting them in here. Then we jump them. Thomas, Eric, one o' you scabs should cut then off at the door. Assuming I don't screw up. Everyone try to get out o' sight, at least for a moment"

Marlowe
2012-11-06, 12:49 AM
"Lady of the Fourth, please make her whole"

A very hasty CLW on Isidora, sacrificing her "Obscuring mist".

Damage healed:[roll0]

GnomeGninjas
2012-11-06, 06:04 AM
I'm bloody acting on the plan and you know it! Shut up so you don't reveal our location. Vlamad has his spell component pouch out and he is franticly reveiwing the incantation to shoot blinding colors from his hand.

hoverfrog
2012-11-06, 07:04 AM
OOC: Mink let North out. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=14162419&postcount=192)

"Sweetie, " Mink whispers to the coarse fellow, "the plan is to get out of jail without making things worse for ourselves. Killing people who are just doing their job will get us more trouble than it's worth. So be a dear and try not to shoot anyone with that crossbow of yours."

Linguz
2012-11-06, 03:49 PM
Thomas moved back along the wall until his back rested on another wall. He lowered himself into a crouch and positioned his shield to block their view and had it lean on the wall. Basically, tower shield is now against the wall and he's hiding behind it. If all goes well, they'll think nobody is behind it. "This good enough to hide?"

He's ready to dash forward and block them off at the door, after they go into the room and his path is clear.

Heart
2012-11-08, 06:36 PM
North shows a slight frown and then shoulders the crossbow. "These guards ah done nuthin' but make ma life difficult, and you want me to show mercy?" He lets out a low chuckle, "Very well, my lady, but only because you freed me." The voices of the guards grow louder and North dashes into the stairwell, back against the wall. Both double doors open, and the three guards along with the prisoner see Amalrego standing before them, oblivious to the rest of the room.

OOC: Key surprise round, or Amlaerego RP or however this is going to play out.

GnomeGninjas
2012-11-09, 06:15 AM
Vlamad will blast the guards (and prisoner they're bringing) with blinding colors. He knows that coming this close to the enemy is endangering his life but he realizes the importance of seeming brave and knows that he has the right spell to attack a cluster of people. He hopes not one mocks him for using pretty colors as a weapon afterwords.


http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/colorSpray.htm DC:14 Vlamad will position himself so he can hit all the guards (and prisoner if nessesary). If there are multiple positions which he can hit them from he will choose the one farthest from the guards.
Initiative: [roll0]
(Also I wait for gaurds to enter the room)

Marlowe
2012-11-09, 07:09 AM
Amalerego looks frantic. Understandably. ". You. Get in 'ere. MOVE! They're out!" she gestures with the borrowed mace, hoping like hell nobody will make a move until all the guards are in the room.

Bluff:[roll0]

hoverfrog
2012-11-09, 07:56 AM
Mink whispers to North, "Can you mimic the other guard's voice calling for help? Get them to come in this direction so the others can shut the door and jump them"

Some rolls if required:

Diplomacy check on North [roll0]
Initiative [roll1]

ElfiKay
2012-11-09, 10:27 AM
Isidora waits for all the guards to enter the room, barely even breathing.

Initiative: [roll0]

Linguz
2012-11-09, 10:29 AM
Thomas waits for there to be a space between the guards and the door, or for them to be stunned. The first of the two. Then he charges, out of his hiding spot, and tries to get behind them, blocking off their exit.

Initiative: [roll0]

Marlowe
2012-11-09, 10:42 AM
Initiative:[roll0]

Machuchang
2012-11-09, 11:50 AM
"Hoo-boy..." Abaddon sighed to himself. In such close quarters, he wasn't sure how well his energy blasts would fare, especially considering how he didn't want to wound anyone. Nevertheless, it was the only choice he seemed to have. Green energy once again began to swirl around his hands.

Initiative: [roll0]

Medic!
2012-11-09, 03:14 PM
Erik the Phonetic Hooker

When the guards walk in and everyone begins jumping into action, Erik tries to wrap both arms around the guard closest to him to bear-hug him out of the fight.

[roll0]
Surprise action - start a grapple :smalleek:
[roll1]
[roll2]

Heart
2012-11-09, 10:08 PM
The three men, looking a little confused when they walk in, hesitate for just a moment. This moment is enough to give the "prisoners" the advantage they need. Thomas and Eric begin to rush towards the guards, and North tries to mimic yelling help, but only manages to get out a "He-," before Vlamad darts in front of the men. He casts out a pinch of sand that transmutes into a blinding flash of colours. When the colours fade and the room returns to normal, the three guards are sprawled out on the floor, and the prisoner crouching before them with his shackled hands up to guard his face.

OOC: Well done to Vlamad, the guards are all unconscious, blinded, and stunned. But for how long?

Marlowe
2012-11-09, 11:06 PM
Amalerego gives the new prisoner an appraising look. He knew what was about to happen. Right down to the spell. That was very interesting. Out loud she says "Nice work. I hope there shall not be any problem finding shackles."

Machuchang
2012-11-09, 11:07 PM
"Well tha' went pretty bloody well!" Abaddon grinned as he examined the guard's unconscious bodies. "We better make a break for it though, eh?"

Marlowe
2012-11-09, 11:17 PM
Amalerego grimaces. "Shackles! Or they will be up in half a minute and we will have the whole town raised against us in five" She looks around for something to bind them with.

Heart
2012-11-09, 11:22 PM
North looks to Abaddon, "Aye, but let's not ge' too hasty 'ere. I know 'at spell, 'e'll only be unconscious fer a moment er two. We're either gunna hav' ta club 'em o'er the 'ead or lock 'em up." North starts walking towards the unconscious trio. "Nice work there new guy! Let's get 'ese shackles off tha man an 'ave 'em 'elp us."

Medic!
2012-11-10, 03:10 AM
Eric the Cool Cat

Eric nearly trips over the guard before him as he collapses, but the half-orc manages to keep his feet under him with minimal embarrasment. "Now that's one hell of a trick!" he congratulates Vlamad as he goes about the business of disarming the guards. Each weapon he pulls from them is held up with a questioning shrug, "Anyone got a use for one of these?"

Anyone who wants one of the weapons has it tossed to them non-chalantly. Any unclaimed weapons are tucked into his rope-belt for safe-keeping.

GnomeGninjas
2012-11-10, 06:51 AM
Vlamad is pleased. He didn't expect his spell to be this effective but it is, now even the 1/2 orc is impressed. He knows that he'll have to work fast though, in less then a minute the guards will regain concusness. They'll wake soon! Take their weapons and beat them down. Vlamad hits one of them with a club.
Since they're helpless I believe it auto hits, just in case though: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Marlowe
2012-11-10, 07:05 AM
((Technically, they're at -4 AC to melee attacks and count as Dex 0, making another -5. So assuming breastplates we still need at least a 6))

Amalerego sighs. "Very well, I suppose we can always patch them up later." She swings the borrowed Mace 2-handed to attempt to put the nearest guard down for the count.

To hit [roll0]damage[roll1]CCR[roll2]

Obviously, her heart's really not into this.

Linguz
2012-11-10, 07:41 AM
Thomas moves his tower shield out of the way and swings twice with his sap, intending to hit him twice. "Now that that's taken care of, shall we go?"

Attack1: [roll0] - Threat roll in OOC. Success.
Attack2: [roll1]
Damage1: [roll2] x2
Damage2: [roll3]
Total damage: 27 nonlethal.

Heart
2012-11-10, 12:33 PM
OOC: The beating of the guards is successful.

As everyone finishes beating on the guards, the man in shackles backpedals into a corner in the room and slides down. His voice, shaky, "Wh- What's going on here? Is this part of the exercise?"

On the bodies, four torches are found, one chain shirt and two studded leather shirts, 10 bolts and one light crossbow, a shortsword, shortspear, and greataxe, and 27 gold pieces.

"I'll be takin' 'ese, lessen anybody would like to object?" North begins gathering up the bolts, the shortsword, and the chain shirt, unless someone stops him. As he's putting on the shirt, he rips off the guard tunic adhered to it, and slips over his prisoner tunic.

GnomeGninjas
2012-11-10, 01:00 PM
Vlamad approaches the "prisoner". Lie on the ground! This is an order! If the "prisoner" complies Vlamad motions for Thomas to hit him the shackled man.

Heart
2012-11-10, 02:23 PM
The man, obviously scared, lies on the ground and slowly curls into a fetal position.

hoverfrog
2012-11-10, 03:27 PM
"Actually darling," Mink bends down to pick up the crossbow, "I would love some of those bolts." She smiles at North, "Half each?"

Linguz
2012-11-10, 03:31 PM
Zack Thomas approaches him and asks, "What exercise?" He does not go to hit him, yet. He's too curious.

Marlowe
2012-11-10, 10:55 PM
Amalerego steps up and gestures to Thomas. "Ignore 'im, he ain't been briefed. Yes, this is what we were instructed to do. The Big Man's 'ad some of us planted here for a while. Looks like your mates--" She looks down at the unconscious guards. "--'ave more acting talent than I was givin' 'em credit for. Now this goiter--" shrugs at North, "--is the contact at our end. But 'e's a tight-mouthed one and he ain't told us tinkers, so it may be a good idea if you spill what you know because we're sick of getting jerked around and not knowin' what's goin' on"

((Tonight on Larry King; Amalaswentha Varrus tells outrageous lies))

Bluff:[roll0]

Heart
2012-11-11, 11:03 AM
Sense motive roll: [roll0]

Heart
2012-11-11, 11:12 AM
"Take 'em." North says to Mink, handing over ten bolts. He then looks over to Amal and the frightened man, interested.

"Big man? Actors? By Helm what are you talking about? I'm a criminal!" The man rises up from his position, then starts to take on the look of a pleading man. "All I did was start a bar fight. I... Uh... I mean I stole. From this lady," he begins to look around rather cautiously, "I stole and started a bar fight."

hoverfrog
2012-11-11, 03:49 PM
"Thank you, dear, " Mink pats North's hand affectionately as she takes the bolts.

"I think we can stop pretending now that the exercise is over, " playing along with Amal's bluff might serve a purpose even though she couldn't see what it was. They'd won, time to lock them up in the cells and get out of there.

Bluff [roll0] or Aid Another [roll1] for Amal's bluff

Heart
2012-11-12, 01:57 AM
"What's the safety word? If you guys know what's going on, you'll tell me the safety word." He looks to each of you, looking very defensive.

North lowers his head a bit and raises and eyebrow, he seems to know what he's talking about, but doesn't speak up.

OOC: Anyone can guess the word, but only one person. Basically, you're guessing the word. Any skill you think would be appropriate, use it, but I'm at a loss. Otherwise just roll a d20.

Marlowe
2012-11-12, 03:05 AM
Ooh, this is going to be awkward. "How should I know, dear? I have had so many", briefly forgetting her Amalerego pose, she tries a croquettish hair-flip in a way that probably looks quite disturbing on Erego. "Are you going to need those manacles later?"

Knowledge:BDSM (max10) [roll0]

((Oh what. Just be glad she doesn't actually have ranks.))

hoverfrog
2012-11-12, 04:27 AM
"Oh no, dear," Mink wags her finger under the fake prisoner's nose, "You don't get to try that trick with experienced undercover operatives such as ourselves. No, no. You supply the password and we confirm it. Don't they teach you anything at the induction?"

Bluff check [roll0]

GnomeGninjas
2012-11-12, 07:35 AM
Vlamad will drag the unconcious guards to the cells, then he will try to find the key. He doesn't approve of talking to the criminal person and thinks it's best just to kill him or knock him out and leave him in jail. He doesn't want to disturb the rest of the group's fun though.

Heart
2012-11-13, 12:05 AM
"Yo- Your undercover operatives? For what? For who?" He looks around quickly from side to side, "Wh- Who sent you?"

North starts to chuckle a bit, then leans out against a wall, holding his weight with his hand.

hoverfrog
2012-11-13, 03:15 AM
"The less you know, the less you can reveal," Mink thought that sounded suitable mysterious for a non-answer, "Now, give us the password so we can verify you are who you say you are and we can give you the next part of your mission. You're doing well so far." She begins to pace across the room, trying to take on the encouraging but businesslike persona of a schoolmarm. As she faces North she gives him a little wink and motions for him to shush. Him bursting out laughing would ruin the whole effect and we might well have an unwitting ally here.

Prepare to sense motive on the prisoner's answer to see if he's lying when he tells us the password [roll0]

Marlowe
2012-11-13, 09:02 PM
"Listen to Gothloli" growls Amalerego. "Her mouth's as tight as--something else that's tight. But she's the deep cover. I worked that one out misself" She's busy trying to get the shackles off the prisoner. "In any eventually you're coming with us. You're important for--some reason"

She fixes Mink an intense I know you no more than you're telling us glance.

((Aid Another on the Bluff))