PDA

View Full Version : A Mad World IC (D&D 3.5 Eberron)



Pages : [1] 2

inexorabletruth
2012-10-24, 12:56 PM
North of the Eldeen Reaches, life gradually seeps out of the earth. Lush forests fade to a broad tableland of dried soil and cracked rock. Further north, elevation rises into the bleak chain of mountains known as the Shadowcrags, then drops dramatically. The land beyond, a highland plateau, is broken into badlands, a network of canyons and mesas that forms a natural labyrinth leading out to a plain of blackened sand and volcanic glass. This is the Demon Wastes...

http://mindwarrior.org/sandboxeberron/images/5.jpg

The capital city of the Demon wastes, Ashtakala, is no pleasant sight, nor do you feel any sense of satisfaction from surviving the long march to get here. But as the gates open to the splendor beyond its walls, you can't help but feel relieved to have even found the secretive city and away from all the swirling dust.

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111006232205/eberron/images/1/13/Ashtakala.jpg

As you cross the city line, your outfits are transformed into an ancient and elaborate fashion that resembles the ornate themes of the city's design. Even your weapons and equipment have been transformed to enhance its beauty and decor. But you have little time to appreciate the magical wonder that has transpired. In spite of the beauty of Astakala, it is still crawling with vile creatures, which you are reminded of as a fiend glides past you, granting you a... hungry stare. You shrug the trepidation caused be being in a city populated entirerly by demons and fiends and make your way to the town center, where the most recently ascended raja, Nashtala Kashar.

Terrifying monstrosities glide overhead, circling the rajas palace as if it were guarding a nests, and horrid beasts stand snarling at the main entrance, ready to rip to shreds any who are not permitted entry.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120128180914/eberron/images/d/d8/Seekers2.jpg

As you approach the gate, a rakshasa approaches you with a superior sneer and checks your papers. Then calls off his creatures and the door opens. You are met with a luxurious sight.

http://frpnet.net/images/Beastlands/beastlands-tirumala.jpg

The main hall is massive, with what is possibly the largest gathering of all the races of Eberron ever seen in the Demon Wastes. Warforged warriors stoically jam themselves awkwardly into corners next to grumbling dwarves and bickering halflings. Elves fastidiously fidget with their slender weapons, eyeing everyone who bumps into them with suspicion and distaste... especially the halflings who seem to appreciate the cramped quarters and sometimes use the opportunity to lighten a pocket or two. Somewhat an oddity in these times are a few gnomes who have also come to this meeting, and formed a small camp close to the front of the central dais where the raja luxuriates. On the upper levels, more rakshasa and mighty demons watch the summit with a stern, but interested glare.

The crowd is teeming with noise and music (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OI212bVeIXI), and for the moment he seems content to allow the chaos to continue. The rich smell of incense fills the room with an intoxicating aroma and exotic races dance and writhe to the rhythm of the sultry music on suspended platforms. The raja sips from an ornate goblet and watches the chaos with some degree of amusement...

missmvicious
2012-10-24, 02:26 PM
Sarisha walked in to the room a firm hand on Iggy's collar, a crowd like this would irritate him for sure and she didn't need him causing a fight or getting killed. Iggy released the occasional low growl reminding a halfling to move out of his way while the pair made their way to a better spot to see from. Upon finding that spot Iggy sat down and continued eyeing all those who would come near while Sarisha raised up onto her tip toes surveying the crowd. She keeps an eye open for anyone who may try to help themselves to her gear and also looks around for notable faces, curious if any famed adventurers had made this trek. Sarisha also can't help but notice the pure decadence of the room, and the kingdom for that matter. How amazing it was they they lived with magic all this time. "No wonder they have never been bested in war." she thought to herself "With demons as allies few would stand a chance against you."


Spot check for keeping an eye on those pesky halfling and other such pick pockets [roll0]
General Int check to see if I recognize anyone there by reputation [roll1]
Sigh not rolls I was hoping for.

Jungian
2012-10-24, 03:01 PM
William had set off for his journey burning with desire and curiosity. The first several days travel had been exhilarating, truly on his own William couldn't help but admire his liberty. At the few towns he came across he managed to find various women, drinks and secrets to occupy his time. After hopping on Cameron with angry husband right behind, he admired the change in the landscape at first. He joined a large contingent heading toward Ashtakala. The multitude of people and races was a first William but soon he grew bored of the people, though this did not match his boredom with the land itself. The endless rocks, craig, and sand made him grow restless. Finally one morning, as once again he brushed sand out of his hair, Sims said, I see Ashtakala in the distance.

I'll never try haggling with a fiend again. Thought will as the small monster took a reluctant Cameron away for stabling. As he passed the city proper, William gasped as he was transformed. He quickly stepped out amused as the transformation came undone. After several steps and finally settling on an outfit, a dark green with black trim robe, he proceeded toward the palace. The crowded room was overwhelming, but soon seemed insignificant as the Raja simply commanded attention. Noting the beautiful women and the opulence, The Raja knows how to live.. He settles in the back watching the crowd carefully to ensure no small hands, claws, or paws managed to nab his belongings.


Rolls, rolls, rolls!
[roll0] Spot for thieves and interesting sights
[roll1] Sense Motive for the general feel of the room
[roll2] Concentration to becoming psionically focused, DC 20
[roll3] Knowledge History for information about the Raja

AshesOfOld
2012-10-24, 03:08 PM
Noticing an odd looking catlike woman scaring a halfling with her pet, Cron breaks into what could resemble a smile.
"What a cute little doggy. Odd for a cat to have a dog for a pet, eh?"
With that he nudges an elf on the shoulder, so he almost topples.

Having made sure that his horse was safely guarded along with his bags, Cron had waddled in, openmouthed, like a hippo through a river of crocodiles, completely oblivious to his surroundings.
Now he stands in the enormous hall, looming a good ways over most creatures inside, even the warforged, sated by the many new images and experiences, but still eager to see what's coming next.

Lexin
2012-10-24, 04:11 PM
Lanakhad stopped for a short while as he saw the walls of Ashtakala Good, the journey is almost over. ... At least this part... he thinks as he slowly looks around.
He resumed the travel and slowly got closer to the gates. When he crossed it and his clothes changed he spared them a brief look ... I was going to change into similar robes anyway. ... and shrugs.
He walked the streets of Ashtakala with his usual, focused, emotionless expression... the conversations with fiends didn't interest him right then, meeting the raja did, on the other hand. He left the horse in the stables and went to the place he was summoned to.
As he steps in, he takes a moment to look around and... absorb the atmosphere. All these people, with hope for a brighter future, need for adrenaline or simple greed. In a way it was a beautiful sight, both for eyes and for an open mind.

He walked in and found a suitable place, allowing him to see and hear everything, but in the same time he tries to avoid attention of others.


If we are rolling, we can roll...
Spot: [roll0] ... Lanakhad is too focused on the events to notice small things around him.
Knowledge [Local] (to see if there is anyone famous there) [roll1]

Croverus
2012-10-24, 04:54 PM
The stern faced Warforged had not paused to wait for any during his travel to the Demon Waster, and it was meer chance he ran intot he group he now traveled with on this last day. He'd made no comment to any of them and did not adjust his pace for their benefit. When asked anything he would simply stare at the questioner until they moved away. Truth be told he had considered nto coming, but knew that other Warforged would be here, perhaps he'd run into his old squad even.

As they crossed into the city his adamantine hide altered, giving him some pause. Unlike the fleshies, his armor was like his skin, and he could actually feel the change happening to him, rather than just noticing that his equipment was different. The adamantine that covered his body grew menacing spikes and has fiendish designs now thoughout it. His sword had a slight curve to it with a serrated cutting blade. His mithral shield had changed to gain an image of a balor gloating over several humanoids. His face had even changed to resemble a snarling fiend. He nodded, and after examining all the changes made to him he continued on.

As he entered he immedietly noticed the other warforged, but the changes this city made to them made it impossible to tell if any were from his squad. He none the less made hsiw ay over to a group of them, taking up a spot and almost knocking a halfling over simply by not noticing him.

TheEggKing
2012-10-24, 11:17 PM
Thor was truly enjoying his journey thus far. Sure, the desert had been hot and filled with sand but there hadn't been anyone to interrupt his studies for ages. Upon seeing the city gates he was almost frustrated to be forced back into social interaction until he remembered why he had set out on his journey in the first place. The magic that altered his clothes had astounded him, and a hundred questions ran through his head as he examined the new design. Is it a characteristic of the city or was it a spell cast? Do they have mages renewing the spell or is it a permanent effect? Is it illusory or did it actually alter my clothes? he thought to himself as he absentmindedly moved towards the middle of the city.

Seeing the palace shut out thoughts of the new clothes. I suppose my appearance is trivial as long as I get to go to Zilargo. He moved inside, checking his mule at the stable. I know exactly what is in its pack, so don't get any ideas, fool he says to the malevolent-looking stable hand on his way inside. He's impressed by the crowd of idiots that managed to stumble their way through the desert and somehow find their way here, and takes a position leaning against a pillar near the Raja, fiddling with his clothes as he tries not to be distracted.

Messed up using the forum dice roller, here's what I rolled with an online dice roller. Won't happen again.

Will save to detect illusion: 13+6= 19
Spellcraft check to detect spell: 12+12= 24

inexorabletruth
2012-10-26, 12:31 AM
The Raja signals to a large eunuch with a mallet, who sounds a gong that calls the music to a halt. As the din of the crowd wanes to a murmur, the Raja rises to a stand.

"Not since the Age of Dragons have the gates of Ashtakala been opened for outsiders." He pauses as many demons ruffle at the mention of the era of their downfall on Eberron, but he leers at the crowd. "You are summoned here, because not since that age has a unified front been more important. You are here because you are strong--because you are fearless--because you are resourceful. If not, you would never have made it to my city gates alive. Because of this, you are uniquely worthy of what I have to offer."

He waves a hand and two servants bring in a chest. Once open, precious jewels and gems are revealed inside.

"Double ransom for relics found within Zilargo's territories. Magic weapons, artifacts, even pieces of the Tower... bookes, holy symbols. Anything you can find, return to me, and receive my generous ransom. The magics found within my city walls can breath new power into their dead artifacts. With our armies now powered by magic and magitech weaponry, we can defeat the defilers who would usurp our kindgoms!"

He raises his arms triumphantly as many of the adventurers cheer excitedly, whether as patriots or greedy opportunists isn't necessarily clear. But either way, as the cheering dies out, the raja lowers his hands and smiles in a way that looks both happy and... hungry.

"Tonight, celebrate what you have accomplished and what you will soon accomplish. The items you scavenge from those ruins will by your the kingdoms you deserve, and power the machines of war that will keep that kingdom free!" The music picks back up and the dancers continue to move in their seductive rhythms.

Food is brought out, and exotic wine for the crowd to ignore. Many clamor for the feast, but some hang back; a few others leave altogether, perhaps to get an early night, or to explore the rarely seen city.

TheEggKing
2012-10-26, 02:18 AM
Thor couldn't be less interested in socializing with civilized creatures, much less the herd of ravenous dullards gathered before him. Thinking this a good opportunity to update his travel log, he pulls it out of his backpack along with a vial of ink and an ink pen. He writes down all that the raja said as well as his experience in the city thus far, detailing what he learned about the magic on his clothes and speculating further on how it worked. After getting roughly jostled one too many times (once) by rowdy halflings he decided to complete his entry outside with Boccob and put his things away to retrieve his mule, moving towards the exit.

Upon retrieving his mule outside he shoots the stable hand another glare and begins rummaging through the pack to make sure that nothing is missing.
Search check to make sure all my possessions are still in my pack: [roll0]

Lexin
2012-10-26, 09:06 AM
Lanakhad wasn't that impressed with the speech of raja. He expected a planned expedition, an organized effort to gain knowledge and regain power... instead he found himself in a group of glorified scavengers.
...That's a bit of disappointment...
Although there was a chance that not everything was lost just yet, while looking around the place he noticed a few individuals which were a bit out of place there... ...A priest in the den of thieves... interesting...
Lanakhad learned in his life that trying to accomplish anything on his own is not always such a good idea ... and who was better to approach here, than the only one who looked trustworthy.

He approached the priest and speaks in a quiet voice,
" Greetings, I am Lanakhad. One of many, who seek to restore the magic of these lands. Can you tell me what brings a man like you to this place?"

AshesOfOld
2012-10-26, 10:10 AM
After staring at the Raja and his women for a good while after he finished speaking, Cron notices the food table.
"Oh. Oh, this is turning out to be a good day. Treasure: good. Riches: good. Food: gooood."
Cron mashes his way through the crowd, muttering excuses between his teeth, before reaching the table, and picking up an exotic looking fruit.
"What's this? Vegetables? Pff. Where's the meat? Oh, here!"
While stuffing his face, Cron starts up a conversation with the nearest person.
"Mmh, great schtuff they got 'ere, righ'? 'Aven't scheen a finer meal thiff ffide o' the deffert!"

missmvicious
2012-10-26, 05:58 PM
Though Sarisha would have been quite happy to leave and get a night closer to Zilargo then the rest of the crowd Iggy's powerful strides towards dinner were a little to much for her to resist. She put up very little fight when the hound made his way towards a pile of red meats. The hunting in the desert had been as poor as she had expected and trail rations weren't Iggy's favourite thing. Simply reaching over some of the shorter adventures she snagged a juicy red snack for Iggy before helping herself.
Quite pleased at his treat Iggy's powerful tail wagged happily, much to the dismay of anyone standing near by. He also growled at anyone that got to close to him, assuming they were there for his dinner.
Sarisha kept a casual expression across her face, though her ears twitched constantly picking out pieces of conversation here and there. She hadn't been to Zilargo personally and that could cause issue for her. She listened to the crowd trying to hear what the others were planning, assuming they were even thinking at the task at hand. She also kept scanning the room, seeing who was leaving and trying to size up the competition.


Listen check [roll0]
Spot [roll1]
Sense Motive (to figure out how tough people are) [roll2]

TheEggKing
2012-10-26, 06:41 PM
He approached the priest and speaks in a quiet voice,
" Greetings, I am Lanakhad. One of many, who seek to restore the magic of these lands. Can you tell me what brings a man like you to this place?"

Thor looks up from his mule's pack quickly, eyeing this newcomer suspiciously before deciding him harmless enough and returning to his pack. "Thirst for knowledge" he says before rolling his eyes and snorting derisively. "As if there was any to be found in that rabble. I imagine the majority of those louts and layabouts couldn't even spell the word 'magic'." He looks up at Lanakhad again with an appraising glare. "Which leads me to wonder about you. I suppose if you've got the wits about you to seek me out then you must have at least a smidgeon of cognizance. What do you want from me, stranger?"

Jungian
2012-10-26, 06:49 PM
William had halfheartedly to the Raja's platitudes but soon the imposing figure garnered his full attention. William couldn't surpress the lustful glare at the chest, nor the chance to explore Zilargo. Though he frowned a bit as the Raja finished his speech with tales of a unified front against the invading armies. I somehow doubt his intentions are so pure, otherwise he wouldn't be so generous would he.

"Can I come out, it's boring in here and I want to see the raja. asked Sims

William thought for a moment as he watched some halfings bounce around the room, " Best stay hidden Sims, don't want someone making off with you and trying to peddle you to some fiend." A grumble was his only response. Once the food and drink came out William couldn't help but salivate a bit. He quickly moved through the crowd and approached the table. He slowed when he saw the large Orc destroying a good portion of meat and the equally large dog with his cat owner. Alright...let's see one has fangs, the other is gigantic and both smell like they could use a bath...I really want a bit of everything.

William manages to snag a plate and makes for the dog first. Figuring the large dog was still a dog, William approaches slowly with his palm out and flat. In a calming and sooth voice, "Good boy...that meat is much tastier than my hand. I just want to try a piece. You make it seem so tasty." To the cat woman he quickly queries, "Excuse me, does the dog bite? I want a bit of that meat, but would prefer to have my hand.

Charisma check for not getting my hand mauled off [roll0]

missmvicious
2012-10-26, 08:16 PM
Sarisha almost laughs at the human's question, she ends up with a toothy grin instead. "Yes he does bite, but usually only when I want him to." she nudges Iggy with her toe, "Scoot your butt Iggy." The dog gives her a dirty look before lumbering to a stand and move a foot or so out of the way before returning to lunch.

"Where are you from?" Sarisha asks the human nonchalantly.

Jungian
2012-10-26, 08:33 PM
Helping himself to a bit of everything William says, "No where as interesting as this place. My birthplace was horribly mundane, but peaceful." He adds a bit more meat to Iggy's dinner, "Rather not have Iggy associate me with getting scolded." He gives the cat women a quick glance before saying, "Somehow I doubt anyone associates you with mundane. The name is William Atwood, and you are?" before giving her a chance to answer in a lower tone he adds, "What do you think about the Raja's claim...I find it hard to believe that they will be used to unify the remnants of kingdoms, as much as expand his own. A loaded question but a more interesting line of discussion I think."

Croverus
2012-10-26, 08:49 PM
Like the other warforged, the arrival of food did not interest Adavarik. He turned to the other warforged and began asking them what squad they had belonged to. He did this for a time but none were in his squad, or had no knowledge of any other members of the squad he asked about. He felt a twinge of frustration and moved back over to one of the pillars to think. He almost walked right into a halfling, and paused to look down at the short fleshy. They were about to complain until they had to look so far up then almost stumbled back, especially thanks to the magic of the city made it hard to tell that Adavarik was not some fiendish warrior. The halfling hurried away as the waarforged leaned against a pillar and looked about, planning out what he'd do now.

missmvicious
2012-10-26, 09:16 PM
Iggy looks at William after receiving the extra food but wastes no time before he starts to gnaw at it as well.
Sarisha is surprised to hear conspiracy theory about the Raja while still inside the palace and raises her eyebrow. "Well," she starts barely audible, "I don't think I would be worried bout the rest of the kingdoms, though as it were it looks like they still have magic so why not just go out with an army of fiends to expand their border?"

Jungian
2012-10-26, 09:40 PM
Remembering back to his lessons William says, "Oh could be a multitude of things; supplies, logistics of moving troops, purely numerical advantages,the ability to replenish lost troops,, but probably because they would make to easy a common target. The other kingdoms are fighting the bits and pieces of this country while also squabbling between themselves. An army of fiends marching anywhere is an easy foe to rally against. He might be powerful enough to take a kingdom himself, but could he rally the rajas to truly aid him? History is full of examples of why you shouldn't do something. Ironically he probably has lived through all of them. I suppose all those are mortal worries, difficult to imagine the thoughts of an endless and near all powerful being. You know the ant and mountain or human."

Popping a few dark fleshed fruits in his mouths,he chews a moment before reaching for a few more and saying, "These are quite good. I suppose it doesnt matter, I'll take the chance to explore Zilargo from whoever offers for whatever means. It all will be interesting in the end." He takes a moment to compose himself, " Right, forgive the rambling but I once traveled with a very outspoken dwarf. Debates could last for weeks with that one. What about you? What drags you out into the literal gods forsaken land?"

missmvicious
2012-10-26, 10:05 PM
Sarisha who had never seen a war on such a scale as what William had described pondered his reasoning. When he asked her why she had answered the Raja's call she said "Well I suppose the easiest way to sum it up would be curiosity." Sarisha sips her wine and goes on "Magic is a curious thing, it gets swallowed up and now all of a sudden it starts popping up again. And I'd like to know what happened to Zilargo, and more about this place honestly. And jems and power most certainly have their allure. Oh and I'm Sarisha, of the Screaming Arrows."

Jungian
2012-10-26, 10:42 PM
William couldn't help grin at her reasoning, "Yes,Yes! Curiosity is the greatest force to move a mortal. A strange man once said," and doing his best to deliever a poetic prose says
"Curiosity
will not cause us to die--
only lack of it will.
Never to want to see
the other side of the hill
or that improbable country
where living is an idyll
(although a probable hell)
would kill us all.
Only the curious
have, if they live, a tale
worth telling at all."

He takes a breath for a moment as if savoring the verse, he begins to speak with his voice increasing in tempo like the opening of a symphony, "That's it. We should go to Zilargo. Together we will probe the deepest depths, turn over every stone, check every crevice, peer through every window, until our curiosity is satisfied and bloated no matter its gluttonous appetite. I'm capable person, and your skill is not in question Sarisha. We need more though, someone of steely will, a person with a cunning mind, and someone....someone," He pauses for a moment, "Someone....that can split a nasty beasty in two." He peers around the room and almost like an afterthought, "Oh perhaps someone studied in arcane history. I know a bit of general history, of kings that slayed boars, of princes and paupers, of cities and citadels but not of the depths of the arcane." He looks around the remaining, now, competitors, "But who?" turning to Sarisha, "Any ideas?"

missmvicious
2012-10-26, 11:00 PM
"What an odd human." Sarisha thinks as William recites his prose. Her eyes widen in surprise when he suggests working as a team, though he made a valid point about the other elements being helpful. "Um," She looks over the crowd "You say we'd need a fighter, an upfront one I'd assume and someone with knowledge of the arcane." She bites her lip and surveys the room again. "Well there is a rather large orc that might be persuaded to join us, though a war forged might be good since they don't eat or sleep. I don't know how to pick one that might be studied though."

Jungian
2012-10-26, 11:26 PM
"I spotted a rather grumpy man earlier by the stables, he seemed to be heading back towards them. My experience is that grumpy people are those with an unhealthy balance of study and pleasure. Chances have it that a man whom I guess has a cunning mind walked out after him...I'm very familiar with those types. Warforged...yes that would be perfect though I'll admit," and lowering his voice,"They make me a bit uneasy....but they are probably dependable." He peers around spotting a particularly vicious looking warforged almost killing halfling by looking at him, "See that one, over there." He points at the warforged leaning against the wall, " I got a good feeling about him...her?...it...You try that one, then we will head out to catch those other two. I'll try this Orc fellow over here, if fights like he smells then he will be perfect. He quickly calls out, "I'll meet you by the stables!"

He walks over to the largest Orc he ever seen eating away, "Excuse me, yes you. My companion and I our trying to put a team together. We will travel, split our gold, and have a generally merry time going about it. I think you be perfect but well. Your big but how strong are you? Maybe a test." he rubs his chin a minute before snapping his fingers, " I got it, if you can lift me up with one arm and carry me outside the door," He points to entrance, " You would be absolutely perfect, probably the best companion ever. What do you say?"

He quickly rearranges his items as to keep them secure,As long as he doesn't try to rip my head off it's a win win. He strong and I don't have to fight through the crowd. A quiet voice in his mind says, Will I don't know about this..."

"Stop being a gem in the rock Sims. I'm sure it will be fine.

missmvicious
2012-10-26, 11:41 PM
Sarisha nods at William before moving away. Iggy looked at her but not getting the command to follow he stayed put happy with his meal. Sarisha made her way over to the warforged unsure the best way to approach one, keeping an eye on Iggy as well. "Excuse me," She started. "Are you adventuring with anyone?"

Croverus
2012-10-27, 12:31 AM
He fixed his gaze on the fleshy that approached, sizing them up. He spoke in a solid monotone, with slight inflection that hinted at his blunt and aggressive personality. "I am Adavarik the Hardy. I have traveled here alone. Why do you ask?" He was probably one of the largest warforged present in the palace. Certainly the scariest looking. He loomed over Sarisha, tilting his head as if trying to get a better look at what she was. The fleshies all looked alike to him.

Lexin
2012-10-27, 05:24 AM
Thor looks up from his mule's pack quickly, eyeing this newcomer suspiciously before deciding him harmless enough and returning to his pack. "Thirst for knowledge" he says before rolling his eyes and snorting derisively. "As if there was any to be found in that rabble. I imagine the majority of those louts and layabouts couldn't even spell the word 'magic'." He looks up at Lanakhad again with an appraising glare. "Which leads me to wonder about you. I suppose if you've got the wits about you to seek me out then you must have at least a smidgeon of cognizance. What do you want from me, stranger?"

"It is quite simple. I am looking for magic, for power... and most of all, for answers. What did they know in Zilargo, what happened so they lost their power, what can we do so it never happens again."
Lanakhad makes a slight pause and continues.
"But with all these ... simpler minds... rumbling around the place I thought it might be a better idea to find company. And it seemed ...appropriate... to ask for cooperation one of the very few in this place which consider knowledge more important than simple riches."

"I would appreciate your help in this task... so what is your answer?"

TheEggKing
2012-10-27, 05:52 AM
"It is quite simple. I am looking for magic, for power... and most of all, for answers. What did they know in Zilargo, what happened so they lost their power, what can we do so it never happens again."
Lanakhad makes a slight pause and continues.
"But with all these ... simpler minds... rumbling around the place I thought it might be a better idea to find company. And it seemed ...appropriate... to ask for cooperation one of the very few in this place which consider knowledge more important than simple riches."

"I would appreciate your help in this task... so what is your answer?"

"Hmph. You remind me of the fools at the court. You certainly look like one. I imagine you're saying exactly what you think I want to hear." He steps away from his pack to assess Lanakhad more thoroughly as he talks, folding his arms behind his back and giving the adventurer one of his most penetrating glares. "I would wager, though, that you're not the dimmest candle on the candelabra, are you? You seem to know me well enough, that's for certain. Why should I join you, hm? What talent do you possess that would make the journey easier, the burdens less troublesome, the beasts less savage? I would also ask how you know so much of me. Does my reputation truly precede me so, even in such harsh climes as the Demon Wastes?"

Lexin
2012-10-27, 06:19 AM
Saying what he wants to hear... yes more or less... Ehh, it doesn't make it less true on the other hand...

"I am not from around, so I don't know much about local people. ... I am, though, considered a great judge of personality and behavior. It was easy to find out, what you are aiming for. At first sight you look like a scholar, both because of how you act yourself and how you react for others in this place."
Lanakhad points into the direction of the hall, where they met raja.
"When we were there, you were one of the few that didn't cheer in pure, thoughtless happiness when raja mentioned gold and fame. And, there aren't that many reasons to come here. That pointed strongly in the direction of knowledge seeker."
He shrugs at the question how would he be able to help.
"I know quite a lot about artifacts of old. I do have ways to defending myself and I am prepared for a long and difficult travel. I would still look for some muscle around... if not for any other reason, then just to keep other muscle-heads away, so I ... or we, could focus on more interesting matters..."

[Telepathy]
Lanakhad: Humans are so difficult to talk to... I already miss the simplicity of telepathic transfer...
Ardt: You could always just bind his mind.
Lanakhad: If it was only that easy... Unfortunately by definition, bound mind doesn't work as well as a free one.
Ardt: So keep talking, no more ideas here.

inexorabletruth
2012-10-27, 03:21 PM
Thor:
The stableboy, a foul looking demon with a squat, blubbery body and slack mouth hobbles up to you and holds out his long spindly hand.

You feel a though in your head, "Five silver." The voice is pathetic sounding... whiny and nasally, and you get the impression that the voice is being transmitted from the vile creature, though its mouth doesn't seem to move. He shuffles in between you and your mule adamantly, but from what you could tell everything was in tact.

The filthy creature flops his bulbous head to the right as a short Kalashtar approaches you with a greeting. A bit of drool oozes onto its drooping lips, to get stuck on a long, dark chin hair.

"Money first." The voice insists.

As you continue to banter with Lanakhad, the creature stomps his foot angrily and flaps his bony, outstretched palm at you. "Money, or we keep the mule!"

You recognize the Kalashtar as a member of the Shadow Watchers. He is by no means a legendary warrior, but is at least a promising Psion with a sharp mind. However, Psions are infamously loyal to Sarlona, one of Khorvaire's many enemies at the moment. What would he be doing in the Demon Wastes?

Sarisha:
The most distracting voice you hear is that of a gluttonous orc shamelessly stuffing his face with any meat he can get his hands on.

However, some minor conversations can picked above the din.

The Gnomes, you gather, are probably the most organized... driven as they are to regain the strength of their homeland. Their biggest concern seems to be that they are going into occupied territories.

Other groups express distrust at the Rakshasa and their all-too-generous offer. Some suspect that the Rakshasa won't pay, while others suspect that the Rakshasa will pay, but will hoard the magic items for themselves to rule Khorvaire like they did before the Age of Dragons. But most are just interested in the feast, the women and the drink.

As you survey the room, you aren't surprised to see mostly non-casters. These days, even cantrips can award an adventurer a small amount of local fame, though many of the warriors here are impressive on their own merit. Based on their gear, ease of stance, and sheer intimidation, you can spot the power players from the rookies. Still, you can't help but notice a cleric meander out the door while the rest of the revelers protest his passage.

When William introduces himself, his name echoes with familiarity as a man of hidden psychic power who travelled previously with a band of fairly well renowned adventurers, helping in the resistance a great deal.

William:
The name Sarisha rings a bell. One of the last lone survivors of a doomed Catfolk clan, she was raised by the elves, and was a promising up-and-comer in the world of mundane medicine and wilderness lore.

Lanakhad:
You notice that the ugly creature standing next to the cleric, with his palm outstretched keeps reacting each time Ardt speaks, as if hearing what Ardt is saying.

Lanakhad and Thor:
Here is the creature you see that is waiting to get paid:
http://cdn.obsidianportal.com/assets/135868/Dretch.jpg

Lexin
2012-10-27, 03:58 PM
Lanakhad looks at the strange creature.
...and what do we have here?...


Knowledge (The Planes) [roll0]
to identify creature (Using Collector of Stories)



[Ardt] "He can hear me! ... or, maybe... It can hear me! After a month of talking only to you, there is someone else who can actually hear me talking. I already like this strange, ugly creature. Oh, a small faux pas, I made here. [Telepathic *cough* *cough*] Hello there, my friend, beautiful weather we have here, not the dusty-windy kind like in the dessert. And all the magic around... Oh, oh, I guess there are many stories you could tell. Please, please don't hold back anything."
[Lanakhad] "Ardt, I don't think your new friend is in a story telling mood. And all the talking on your part could simply scare him off. ... or provoke him to attack us... Sages know that I was close, so many times, to crushing you... in this month of constant talking."
[Ardt] "Shut it Lan! I am not talking to you... this time... let him answer!"

[Lanakhad] *sight*

missmvicious
2012-10-27, 08:31 PM
"I am Sarisha of the Screaming Arrows, renowned archer. And well several of us are trying to see about starting up a group . Many groups seem to have come and they could have an advantage over the lone adventure. You look, well quite lethal honestly, so perhaps you would be interested in teaming up. More people means we can carry more loot, more loot means more money." Sarisha offers trying to size Adavarik up. She also shoots another glance at Iggy making sure he was still quite alright.

AshesOfOld
2012-10-28, 12:16 PM
He walks over to the largest Orc he ever seen eating away, "Excuse me, yes you. My companion and I our trying to put a team together. We will travel, split our gold, and have a generally merry time going about it. I think you be perfect but well. Your big but how strong are you? Maybe a test." he rubs his chin a minute before snapping his fingers, " I got it, if you can lift me up with one arm and carry me outside the door," He points to entrance, " You would be absolutely perfect, probably the best companion ever. What do you say?"

He quickly rearranges his items as to keep them secure,As long as he doesn't try to rip my head off it's a win win. He strong and I don't have to fight through the crowd. A quiet voice in his mind says, Will I don't know about this..."

"Stop being a gem in the rock Sims. I'm sure it will be fine.

Cron stops chewing, a small dribble falling down his chin. He looks surprised and a little overwhelmed for a moment at the long stream of words, but finally manages to swallow his remaining food and answers in a deep, gruff but otherwise pretty friendly voice:
"Hullo. You want me to carry you? Do you have trouble walking, little man? ... You seem nice. I'll carry you outside, but I'm not gonna carry you all the time! I'm a warrior, you see, not a pack mule."

With that, Cron picks William up with his left arm and places him on his shoulder, then grabs some more meat with his right arm and heads out towards the entrance, barking at people in the way, and pushing them aside with his meatfilled fist.
"Excuse me! Out of the way! I'm carrying a man here, official business!"

As they reach the entrance, he adresses William again.
"You alright up there? I'm Cron. Nice to meet you."

Croverus
2012-10-28, 12:29 PM
The warforged folds his massive arms and nods. "Alright. Sounds like I'd have better luck finding the answers I'm looking for with a group with some varied experiences. Very well, I will lend my sword and shield to your group." He thrums his shield with a fist, startling away a pair of halflings who were trying to figure out if any of the metal parts on his body were detachable. He motions for her to lead the way.

TheEggKing
2012-10-28, 02:42 PM
Thor turns impatiently to face the wretched creature, fishing the silver pieces out of a pouch on his belt. "Do not try my patience, scum. Take your pittance and trifle me no more" he says, his voice dripping with venom.

Turning back to Lanakhad, his face suddenly lights up. "Ah ha! I just realized where I recognized your name. 'The Lana line are fighters', correct? Your father visited the court once, I believe. Or perhaps they were merely discussing him. Either way, I realize I've heard of you. A 'Shadow Watcher', I believe, yes? A group of psychics if I remember correctly." His face darkens again. "And well known for their allegiance to Sarlona. What would you do with this magic you seek, hm? Frolic back to your Sarlonian ruler with a pack full of Zilargan magic and tales of Khorvairish gullibility? All the better to see us conquered, eh? As a Shadow Watcher, I know you possess power. Trustworthiness is another matter."

Lexin
2012-10-28, 03:23 PM
Lanakhad frowns a bit as he hears accusations from a cleric, he approached in such a polite manner... ...and he didn't even repay the favor of sharing names...

He sights again, this time focusing on the rude holy man.
"I am afraid, that even the best scholars could be confused in these times. I am from Sarlona, and I am a Shadow Watcher... he says looking uneasy ...which already isn't, or at least shouldn't be common knowledge. his expression is much less friendly and much more wary at this moment If you met my father and heard his name, I suppose you should not take us for Sarlona spies, he reveals his name only when necessary, when fighting those who strayed from the right path and embraced the chaos... or the ones possessed by Quori.

Trustworthiness, you say? The only situation when I would bring what we find here to the Sarlonian government is if I was forced by magic... and I would choose death over it, if I had a choice. I am surprised you didn't know that, if you already know about Shadow Watchers, I would assume you would know what they stand for. ... and it surely doesn't include bringing artifacts to the Inspired of Sarlona's government... There is a reason for Halls of Adar to be hidden..."
His face is emotionless as he concludes.
"If what we find was connected to the Great War and gave us information about Inspired, or a better way to handle them, then yes, I would be much more interested in getting it to my brothers to help saving innocent lives, instead of handing them for money to some fiends. If you think otherwise, and would prefer money... I guess it would be better if we went different ways, and better never met again."


Lanakhad would be much more suspicious at this moment... and would like to check how Thor truly feels about what he hears.

Read Thoughts (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/readThoughts.htm) (will DC 16)

inexorabletruth
2012-10-28, 03:23 PM
@ Ardt:
You pay five silver? The creature twists his head curiously, like a dog would and holds his hand out toward you instead. Master wants five silver. Five silver or no mule, comes the telepathic insinuation. Then he turns back to the cleric, who seems to finally be obliging his request. After receiving his pay, he brings out the mule then hobbles over to a corner. It would seem that, in spite of the creature's telepathic ability, it is most likely mute and barely intelligent enough to communicate.

@Thor:
The miserable creature snatches the coins away and scampers over to the mule, untying it and bringing it over to you, then waits in a corner like an obedient dog.

Jungian
2012-10-28, 04:17 PM
Cron stops chewing, a small dribble falling down his chin. He looks surprised and a little overwhelmed for a moment at the long stream of words, but finally manages to swallow his remaining food and answers in a deep, gruff but otherwise pretty friendly voice:
"Hullo. You want me to carry you? Do you have trouble walking, little man? ... You seem nice. I'll carry you outside, but I'm not gonna carry you all the time! I'm a warrior, you see, not a pack mule."

With that, Cron picks William up with his left arm and places him on his shoulder, then grabs some more meat with his right arm and heads out towards the entrance, barking at people in the way, and pushing them aside with his meatfilled fist.
"Excuse me! Out of the way! I'm carrying a man here, official business!"

As they reach the entrance, he adresses William again.
"You alright up there? I'm Cron. Nice to meet you."

As Cron lifted him like a baby William couldn't help but laugh a bit. Even more so as the crowd quickly parted after the first few shoves. As they reach the entrance William graceful lets himself down landing on the ball of his feet. Turning to Cron and with a smile he says, "You are perfect! My name is William, but feel free to call me Will. Would you like to go with my friend and I to the Zilargo? We could use your strength, but you won't have to carry me anymore that I promise. So what do you say?"

TheEggKing
2012-10-28, 06:53 PM
Will save: [roll0]
If I fail then I'll PM you his thoughts

A somewhat pained expression comes across Thor's face. His voice is stilted at points, as if he is forcing out the words. "Ah... I... believe I have... misunderstood. I was unaware the Shadow Watchers do not pledge their allegiance to Sarlona. Many psychics do, and so I assumed. I never much paid attention to such trivial comings and goings at the court and so I never learned much about the Shadow Watchers, merely their name and their predilection towards they psychic arts. I am..." He grimaces, clearly unused to the following words. "Sorry for my accusation. I can assure you that the gold offered by the raja is meaningless to me. I am devoted to the study of magic and, to a lesser degree, the preservation of Khorvaire. Beyond that, I care not what you do with what we find. In regards to your offer of working together..." Thor wants to say no. He knows that it'll mean talking to people and listening to people and pretending to care about their nonsense, but his mind keeps floating back to his history lessons about military generals that didn't prepare for many different kinds of adversity getting wiped out rather quickly by more balanced mindsets. "I suppose there is sense in it. If I... haven't unduly offended you."

Lexin
2012-10-28, 07:04 PM
Lanakhad, quite disappointed that he can't hear cleric's thoughts, decides to rely on more mundane ways to find out if he is lying. He simply stares at him in silence or a few long moments.
One thing for sure, an Inspired wouldn't make such mistake.

After this while, he nods and offers the cleric handshake.
"I guess at this point neither of us trusts the other. I hope it would change in the future. My offer of cooperation still stands. As I said, I am Lanakhad, how shall I call you?"

TheEggKing
2012-10-28, 08:02 PM
After this while, he nods and offers the cleric handshake.
"I guess at this point neither of us trusts the other. I hope it would change in the future. My offer of cooperation still stands. As I said, I am Lanakhad, how shall I call you?"

Thor returns the handshake confidently, offering a stern smile. "Thor Cromwell, devout student of the Lord of All Magics. As for trust, that will either wax or wane with time and tribulation. For now I imagine we should work on filling out our team. I have already withdrawn Boccob from the stable so unless you'd like me to start recruiting, and I would much rather not, I must wait here with the mule while you go back inside."

missmvicious
2012-10-28, 08:18 PM
"We are going to be following that strange human riding that orc." Sarisha tells Adavarik pointing over at the strange sight. "But first I think I'll be grabbing a doggy bag."

Sarisha heads back towards the food and grabs some meats and fruits "to go" before leading the warforged and Iggy out of the room.

"The human is William Atwood." She explains to the warfoged. "I'm not quite sure what his skills are but he seems quite persuasive...and odd, honestly. I haven't been introduced to the orc."

AshesOfOld
2012-10-29, 04:25 AM
Cron helps him slide down his shoulder and returns the smile with a horrifying grimace. What a nice man. A lot nicer than the hobgoblins I travelled with.
Cron claps his hands with a loud bang. Then spreads them out in a welcoming manner.
"I'd love to come with you to the Zilly... Zilla... *cough*
Who's your friend that you're talking so much about?"

inexorabletruth
2012-10-29, 02:01 PM
@Thor:
There is little else to see in the stable. For the most part, the creature in the corner seems content to scratch itself and bite at flies rather than bother you directly.

Occasionally, a group of adventurer's would come in to check on their mounts, only to be intercepted by the awful monster with the outstretched palm. After realizing there's no getting through its thick skull with anything less subtle than an ax, they wonder off, deciding that it would be more efficacious to see the sights of the city and find a good inn.

After a good while the creature hobbles over to various animals to refill the troughs with food and water. It looks at you a few times during this effort to make sure you don't try anything funny, but either can't speak to you, or doesn't want to. So it just goes back to its corner.

@Those who are still in the Raja's Palace:
The party is going quite well. Many of the people here are sell-swords who are also rubbing elbows with those who need a little extra muscle for the expedition. But enough have already left, confused by the fanfare over such a brief announcement.

Advisors to the raja have appeared in the corners of the meeting hall to answer questions for the raja, and acrobats have taken up a space in the middle of the room to keep the guests entertained.

@Those who are outside the Raja's Palace:
Most of the adventurers standing outside the palace seem a bit frustrated. "Why not just put that in the original poster?" many of them grumble. "I lost one of my best men on the journey up here! I would've just headed out to Zilargo straight away if I'd known this was all we were going to get." Another mercenary protests.

Others sound less angry and more willing to enjoy the moment, taking on a while-we're-in-a-magical-city mentality and making the most of it. They go to see the sights and explore what opportunities that can be found in the mysterious city.

Jungian
2012-10-29, 03:56 PM
@Cron

"She should be around her somewhere, it's the catwoman with the big dog." Williams's eyes scan the crowd trying to pick out Sarisha features from the outflow of adventures,

Will we should go see the city before we leave, plus you could use some reagents. Maybe there is a lab for rent in the city?

William quips while still looking, "I wonder how many gallons of virgin blood they will try to sell me."

Breaking off his conversation with Sims, William asks Cron, "Cron do you need anything for the trip? Probably be the last place to buy what you need."

Lexin
2012-10-29, 04:26 PM
I will assume that Will and Cron are outside already.

@Thor "No, I guess letting you recruit any helpers might prove counterproductive... I will take care of that."

He notices a strange view, an orc carrying a human outside... and, what's more, in quite a careful and non-violent manner...

[Tele-Ardt] If you are looking for muscle... he is the one!
[Tele- Lanakhad] Yes, it would seem so... wouldn't hurt to try...
[Tele- Ardt] ...And lets pretend it didn't hurt you said that the last time Lan...
*sight*

Lanakhad approaches the orc, with a wide smile again on his face and addresses both him and human.
"Greetings, I see there is a group, forming already here. You see, me and my associate over there are looking for company for our journey to Zilargo. Would you be interested in joining us?"

[Tele- Ardt] Lan!

To orc and human: "Ah, I am Lanakhad, by the way. And my associate's name... he says pointing at cleric ... is Thor."

AshesOfOld
2012-10-30, 08:05 AM
@William
"I don't think so. We came here early so we had time to buy stuff before the big speech."
Cron thinks on it for a moment.
"Maybe we help eachother. Make sure all have what they need."

At the arrival of Lanakhad, Cron repeats his earlier move, clapping his hands hard together and then spreading his arms wide.
"More friends! And what a coincidence, we're going to that place too."

Jungian
2012-10-30, 10:31 AM
William eyes Lanakhad for a moment before his gaze drifts to Thor in the background. "The name is William and this is," and using his thumb points to the large orc, "Is Cron."

His eyes stay on Thor, "Any particular reason Thor does not care to introduce himself? Neither of us bite... In fact we both are friendly." He brings his eyes back to Lanakhad and says, "I suppose we could use a couple more comrades. He looks a bit like a scholar, based on the scowl. Is he well learned?"

Lexin
2012-10-30, 10:39 AM
"From what I learned, yes he is quite a scholar and possibly with real divine connection, what is quite rare nowadays. As for why he didn't introduce himself... let's say he is bad with people."
A slight pause...
"And even if you don't... he might bite. Just don't repeat it t him!
...Still, I think he would become more friendly with time, I see some potential in him..."

"So, if you don't mind more company there is four of us now. Does any of you need anything from the city, or should we just look for a place to rest... or maybe even start the journey already today?"

AshesOfOld
2012-10-31, 01:34 PM
"We are six!" Cron exclaims after counting with only little help from his fingers. "If we count the pretty cat and her dog.
I'm ready. Though I could use a good night's sleep. Hobgoblins travel long without rest. Also a bath." Cron gobbles the rest of the meat still in his hands, and licks his hand clean. "Hobgoblins are very filthy."

Lexin
2012-11-01, 03:10 PM
"Six, with a cat and dog, you say...?"
Lanakhad looks confused for a while, but recovers quickly.
...Could be worse I guess...

"So I suppose we should wait for your pets, or did you leave them here?" He asks pointing at the stables.
"After that we can look for a place to rest."

missmvicious
2012-11-01, 03:56 PM
Sarisha and Iggy both studied the group that they were about to be traveling with though one could only guess what Iggy Pup was thinking about them. "We should also make sure we are supplied while we are here. I heard there are certain things that are much easier to find in this city." Sarisha says to the group.

Jungian
2012-11-01, 04:07 PM
Will looks surprised at Sarisha reappearance, but only for a moment as he adds, "Yes I heard about a nice inn for the evening. Though I need to see if I can acquire some reagents before we begin the trek to Zilargo."

Sorry for the delay been studying for exams, I'll be more free after Monday. THough it seems inex is having some internet issues.

missmvicious
2012-11-01, 05:30 PM
Sarisha is a ninja!

"At the inn it would be to go over our assets also." Sarisha says looking over the group. "It would be nice to know what we are all good for"

Lexin
2012-11-01, 05:44 PM
...Oh, that kind of cat... makes much more sense now...

Lanakhad turns to cat&dog duo.
"Pleasure to meet you, I am Lanakhad. Is there anyone else we are waiting for, or everyone is here already?

If the latter, I suppose we could go find a suitable place to stay for the night."

Croverus
2012-11-01, 06:20 PM
"Must we delay? I wish to start out as soon as possible. Though, if it is because of the weaknesses you fleshlings must overcome then I suppose I will wait for you all to get those 'needs' taken care of." Despite the context of his words, his tone had no sarcasm or insult behind it. He spoke in a matter-of-fact tone.

missmvicious
2012-11-01, 06:25 PM
"Sarisha Screaming Arrow" Sarisha says, introducing herself to Lanakhad nodding her head. "And this is my trusty canine companion Iggy." Iggy seems to make eye contact with Lanakhad. Sarisha turns to Adavarik "Sorry that we can not make out immediately. You could use the night preparing for the journy though. Perhaps finding out what you can about the route we are taking or what our rivals' plans are."

Croverus
2012-11-01, 06:39 PM
"Yes... The knowledge could be useful for us. I will do my best to get that information for us while the rest of you finish preparing." He looks to the others for confirmation and to ensure none of them have issues with his orders. He glanced around, looking for any groups that seemed like they would be leaving soon.

Spt [roll0]

Jungian
2012-11-01, 06:42 PM
William clasps his hands together as if the matter is settled entirely, "Well glad that is settled. Though I do have a question." He fixes his gaze at Adavarik and says, "I'm sorry I don't believe we have been introduced. The name is Wiliam Atwood, a pleasure to make your acquaintance." Without pause he continues with, "You talked about needs...I'll admit I haven't come across your kind in my previous travels, but I must admit you are immensely interesting. Do you sleep, or is it like the elves with their trancing? Do you dream?"

AshesOfOld
2012-11-02, 04:26 AM
"I'll go get my stuff, and then we find a nice inn the city, ok?"
Cron jogs to the stables and picks up his warhorse, along with his saddlebags, remembering to check if anything's missing.
"Come on, Ben, time to meet my new friends. How did they treat you, huh? Have they been nice demons?"

Croverus
2012-11-02, 08:45 AM
"No, the warforged do not require sleep at all. We are always awake, always performing some task. Those that find work among the fleshies learn minor tasks to pass the time when performing their work would disturb the creatures that use their services during the day. Some of the mad members of my people try and emulate the fleshies and pretend to sleep, but they are foolish and they do not dream. Nor do my kind eat or drink, so any sustenance you gather, there is no need to include me in those provisions." The only real emotion that Adavarik gives of is when he talks about the supposedly mad warforged that pretend to sleep. He seems to have some contempt for other warforged that try to be more like humanoids.

inexorabletruth
2012-11-04, 04:10 AM
@Will:
Alchemical shops can be found all along the town center. It is well know that reagents can be found there.

@Adavarak:
There is a milling chaos amidst the city. For the most part, it appears that everyone is at least a little fascinated by the city and is a bit loathe to leave while their welcome isn't overdrawn.

@Cron:
When you approach the stables a little monster hobbles up to you and holds out his bony hand. The creature, seemingly fearless of you, stands in between you and your horse. His mouth doesn't move, but you hear in your mind quite clearly, Five silver. Five silver for the horse.

The creature gapes at you stupidly as flies swarm about his ugly head. At a mere four feet in height, the small creature appears comically undersized to you, but his tenacity is nothing if not commendable, as he continues to waddle between you and the horse, holding out that bony hand with the same confidence as if he were a foot taller than you.

The creature you see before you:
http://cdn.obsidianportal.com/assets/135868/Dretch.jpg

@Group:
This is by no means a city accustomed to visitors, and inns are hard to find. Most of those are filled to capacity.

You have a few options. Some rakshasa and higher level demons have opened up their palatial homes as inns for the night. A few lower level demons have constructed makeshift hostels out of abandoned buildings and refuse. And the raja has cleared some of his servants quarters to serve as inns for those who would sleep there.

AshesOfOld
2012-11-04, 05:44 AM
Cron looks confused at the creature for a second, before realizing the voice must come from it.
"No no, this is my horse. You can't sell me my own horse, little demon."
Cron sidesteps, careful not to step on the demon, and reaches for his reigns.
"Silly little thing." he mumbles to himself.

Lexin
2012-11-04, 06:11 AM
Cron looks confused at the creature for a second, before realizing the voice must come from it.
"No no, this is my horse. You can't sell me my own horse, little demon."
Cron sidesteps, careful not to step on the demon, and reaches for his reigns.
"Silly little thing." he mumbles to himself.

"It wants you to pay for stables... and I guess I would need to pay as well."
He gives the ugly creature 1 gp and says:
"That's for me and the orc."

inexorabletruth
2012-11-04, 03:11 PM
The awful creature looks down at the GP, then recedes back into his thoughts for a second or two. After the brief pause, he looks back up to Lanakhad and nods, then waddles back over to his corner to put the money away. Afterwards, he brings you your horse as well, then goes back to feeding and watering the rest of the mounts in the stable.

@Lanakhad:
As a Psion, you recognize the Dretch's pause as a telepathic communication.

AshesOfOld
2012-11-05, 05:35 AM
"Oh! That makes much more sense. Thanks."
Cron leads his horse out of the stables, and sniffs the air.
"This is a funny smelling city, you know. I've been in a lot of cities and they all smell of sweat and **** and being alone. But this one. It just smells of fear."
Cron hands Lanakhad five silver.
"I can pay for myself, by the way. But thanks again."

Croverus
2012-11-05, 06:26 AM
Unable to pinpoint specific groups to speak with, Adavarik goes about to speak with other groups, seeing if he can get any more information than the Raja already gave.


Gather Information [roll0]
If I can retry again at a certain rate (every X hours) I'll retry
Gather Information attempt 2 [roll1]
Gather Information attempt 3 [roll2]
Gather Information attempt 4 [roll3]
Edit: Yikes, I'm just eating 1s and 2s this morning

Jungian
2012-11-06, 12:12 PM
I wonder why everyone is retrieving their animals? I thought we weren't leaving till the morning

Sims quickly replies, Im not sure maybe we should to since everyone else is. Though we might find half of Cameron if we leave him outside overnight.

A small grin creeps at the corners of Will's mouth as he says,"Well I'm going to do a bit of shopping to replenish my stocks, anyone care to join me? Also I'm up for seeing if any of the servants quarters are still available, seems like the most interesting place to rest."

missmvicious
2012-11-07, 03:39 AM
"I am in need of some supplies, I shall accompany you." Sarisha pipes up. "The trip up here was a more difficult then I had expected and we need to resupply."

inexorabletruth
2012-11-07, 12:44 PM
To Those Who Are Going Shopping:
The streets of Ashtakala bristle with shops of all varieties, many of them impromptu in nature as if every demon were trying to capitalize on this rare and sudden burst of tourism to their city. Still, if you can imagine purchasing it, it's here. There are stands that sell: nuts and fruits, hanging meat, fish, incense, spices, clothing, oils, wine and spirits, slaves, alchemical items, tools, narcotics, magical components, weapons, armor, books, livestock, candles, and maps. There are even some vendors that deal in services. Some offer information, others offer magical services, military services, pleasure or entertainment. Some offer spiritual guidance and are requesting servants and devotees in exchange for power and protection.

To Those Heading to the Raja for a Good Night's Sleep:
The raja spares no expense in the name of extravagance, even for his servant quarters. The doors swing wide to let you in and you are greeting by a deeply bowing Rakshasa. He "grins" at you, and exposes a gleaming row of sharp teeth. "Welcome, to the home of the raja. You seek accommodations for the evening... and stables for your beasts, I presume?" With basalt and brass construction and detailed archaic runes, towering statues of mighty demons and evil gods, the place resembles a dark paradise, and is even more lavish than the meeting hall you were introduced to, with thickly padded velvet furniture, silk draperies, enormous murals of obscene art and scantily clad servants hustling to serve the needs of each guest. Scented candles are lit everywhere, providing the only source of light in the hall of the servants quarters, and the fumes are intoxicating.

AshesOfOld
2012-11-07, 04:59 PM
"I guess I'll follow you around, though I think I'm done shopping." Cron looks up at the sky and takes a deep breath of the oddly smelling, dusty city air.
"But I hope you guys are ready for some fun later... I wanna see what this town has to offer!" And with that, Cron jumps on his horse and it and the heavy beast ride downtown next to the cat, the dog and the psion.

Lexin
2012-11-07, 05:03 PM
"Yes, the accommodation and stables would be appreciated." Says Lanakhad as he gets closer to the Rakshasa.


To Cron: "Fun, you say? I suppose we could look around... I would prefer to see my room and leave some things there first, though..."

missmvicious
2012-11-07, 05:32 PM
"We should get a map." Sarisha says aloud though to no one in particular, her eyes darting from vendor to vendor. "Figuring out our route will be essential, Zilargo is far and the trip dangerous."

Jungian
2012-11-07, 11:02 PM
"A map that would be the sensible thing I suppose." William eyes wander amoung the gathered vendor and their stands, he points at a ring of stiffened cloth, " So a sandtube...I heard from a reliable source that the sandstorms in the Demon Waste are quite nasty...Tubes are interesting, you dig a hole, shove it in, expand it and ride the storm out beneath the ground. Might be something to consider."

Before anyone can answer, he wanders over to a stand full of strange dried herbs, colored powders, and vibrant liquids.

He hums to himself as he fetches a worn black book from his pouch, as he thumbs through it he quietly mutters,

*
I scar the cliffs in my fury,
Effacing their ancient runes;
I polish the skeleton bones that lie
Unnoted, unburied--and scurrying by,
Heap higher the gray sand dunes.

The arrogant sentinel mountains
Make challenge--yet little I reck;
And vainly the obdurate cactus sets
In my pathway a million bayonets--
It never my course can check.

The pace of the caravan quickens
At the thought of my wild caprice;
And the thunder rouses and beats his drums
To tell the world that the Sand Storm comes--
And the songs and the laughter cease!

Croverus
2012-11-07, 11:11 PM
Having learned some valuable information on local demons that may be able to help them, the warforged continues about the city tirelessly, intending to go to each of the demons and find out what they want in return for their services. He did not expect to run into the others during the night, and indeed it was likely the needs of their flesh would require they get sleep long before Adavarik completes his tasks.

TheEggKing
2012-11-08, 12:54 AM
"Hmph. Typical lack of focus you'd expect to see in single braincelled organisms." Thor frowns for a moment before it dawns on him: nobody wanted to talk to or introduce themselves to him. Beaming now, Thor took his mule and decided to put in early at the Raja's servant's quarters. "Early to bed, early to rise, as they say" he muses quietly as he moves through the crowds of people and demons, glaring at any that move too close to him or his pack. Arriving at the lavish quarters he raises an eyebrow suspiciously, thinking it somewhat interesting that the Raja would be this generous to his servants. After a moment of consideration he waves away the thought. "Regardless of the Raja's magnanimity, a bed is a bed." He checks his mule at the stable and moves inside to find a place to sleep for the night. "I do hope they'll be able to find me in the morning, assuming they can dress themselves by dawn without requiring the majority of the Raja's servants to help them."

missmvicious
2012-11-08, 02:22 AM
"A map first," Sarisha says absently to herself "we will know what we need if we know the route." She finishes her sentence a bit louder though distracted since she was already moving to where she suspected she could locate what she desired. Iggy moved with her glancing at the strange things they passed.

AshesOfOld
2012-11-08, 08:13 AM
"Good idea."Cron nods in agreement. "Important to find one with pictures in it. Those are the best maps."

missmvicious
2012-11-08, 03:13 PM
Sarisha pauses for a moment glancing at Cron with a raised eyebrow. She opens her mouth as if to say something but stops. "An orc barbarian, let's just let this roll." "That is a very good point." she says, there is no sarcasim in her voice despite her initial surprise at his statement.

I'm just gonna assume I find a place that deals with maps

"Hello." Sarisha greets whatever creature is vending. "I would like a map of Khorvaire, please."

AshesOfOld
2012-11-08, 03:29 PM
"And make sure it's one with pictures in it!" Cron adds helpfully, with a frown on his face.

missmvicious
2012-11-08, 03:36 PM
"Oh that's right, its got have pictures, almost forgot." Sarisha says pointing to Cron in agreement, then turns back to the shop keep with a "Seriously don't say anything about that" face and addds "Color too, if its an option."

inexorabletruth
2012-11-10, 02:18 PM
@Lanakhad and Thor:
The Rakshsasa servant nods his head in another subtle bow. "Of course. There is the matter of payment. It will be four gold pieces per night for a room and five silver pieces per night for stabling. I'm sure you understand that we require payment in advance."

If you pay for the room:
He collects his pay and counts the coin, then puts them into a safe and takes your names.

"Lanakhad and... Thor. Walk this way."

He leads you to the stables where you meet a slave tending the stables. It's an old hobgoblin, covered in scars and missing part of his ear. He turns to you and takes your mounts with a passive expression.

"If you have any special needs for your mount, I'll see to it that it's done. My name is Dhenukasura," the rakshasa adds as the hobgoblin begins to close the gate on the mule.

"The raja insists that his guests' every need are catered to. After all... your quest is of the utmost importance for the protection of Khorvairre. Of course, these services aren't free..."

He leads you past the main guest hall and up some winding stairs, opening a heavy door and heading down a longer, more narrow hallway. You pass several closed doors until you make it to the end of the hall. A window overlooks the gardens, which has an elaborate fountain and a labyrinth. "Beyond the labyrinth," he says as he gestures towards the garden, "is the Garden of Eternal Torture: always a popular stop while in the city. Also, the raja wishes all his guests to know that the Amphitheater of Pain, while still under repairs, is functioning tonight, and you're welcome to see the show. He has arranged a duel for the amusement of our many visitors." As he opens the door, the room has been furnished with cushions and silks. A painting of the raja leers down at you. There is a table with a bottle of wine and a loaf of bread waiting for you. "Your servant will be here shortly," says the rakshasa. "Is there anything else I can bring you before I return to the greeting hall?"

If you don't pay for the room:
The rakshasa scowls at you. "The raja doesn't house the rabble. Perhaps if you don't have enough money, you should sleep in the gutters with the dretch." He bares his teeth in a more menacing way and shooshes you away with an outstretched hand.

@William:
A rakshasa that resembles a white tiger lounges in a chair in a cluttered shop full of wild trinkets and oddities. A strange but pleasant fume wafts through the room, and there is a bubbling sound coming from behind the counter. The rakshasa eyes you suspiciously, but says nothing as you mumble to yourself.

You feel an invasive presence in your mind that feels very similar to a psionic invasion... like someone listening in on your thoughts.

Roll a Will Save (DC 15)

@Adavarik:
Which demon did you wish to speak with first?

@Sarisha and Cron:
What you find is a library. It's not as grand as the legends of the Library of Korranberg, but the tomes found within rival it in antiquity.

The rakshasa you encounter looks entirely displeased by Sarisha and Cron's queries. He doesn't respond verbally to your request, but gives you an expression that clearly states, you two are idiots.

After it becomes clear that you aren't going anywhere, he growls, "It's a library! Go find the map you seek yourself and waste my time no more. When you've found what you seek, a cartographer can be fetched to make a copy for you."

Jungian
2012-11-10, 03:23 PM
William had decided on a couple of items to purchase for the journey, when a familiar sensation crept into his consciousness. The presence repelled by an eruption of murderous rage and defiance, as the mental assault fails to penetrate Williams's mind. He rips his Morningstar from his side, and reaches deep into his subconscious, tapping the power that springs from his rawest emotions. His eyes erupt with a burning silver light, as a bright wave of color radiates away from him, harmlessly disappating against the walls and wares.

Completely out of control he bellows in savage ragged voice "WHO IS IT! WHERE ARE YOU!? WHO, WHERE. ANSWER ME NOW!"
[roll0] Will Save. Manifesting Precognition, Defensive with 4 pp (three form Will and one from his Wild Surge)

Lexin
2012-11-10, 03:35 PM
Lanakhad pays both for room and stables.
"Garden of Eternal Torture ... Amphitheater of Pain...? What are these places?
...
... a servant, and what would be the duties of this servant, if you don't mind telling me."


[tele - Lan] We might be working for a vile creature...
[tele - Ardt] What tipped you off? Slaves, torture... or him being a Rakshasa?
[tele - Lan] Shut up Ardt!

TheEggKing
2012-11-10, 03:50 PM
@Inex: Thor hands over the cost of the night and stabling and ponders for a moment, thinking on the large furry creature's words. "Unless you know anything regarding the illusion that surrounds this city I would prefer a night free from interruption."

missmvicious
2012-11-10, 09:16 PM
Sarisha turns and looks over the library with a groan, Cron probably wasn't going to be the most helpful party member to have in a library. She strolls around casually hoping for some sign of where she should start looking.

A big ol geography section sign would be really appreciated.

AshesOfOld
2012-11-11, 05:49 AM
"Thanks for the help!" Cron answers the librarian cheerfully, before slapping his hand on Sarisha's back.
"Easy, don't worry. I am good at finding things."
He surveys the room perspicaciously, before starting to pick up random papers, smell them and discard them.
Since Cron can't read, he will look for pictures and physical descriptions.
Search [roll0]

inexorabletruth
2012-11-12, 05:45 PM
@William:
The white tiger raises an eyebrow.

"Put your weapon down, boy. I'm merely protecting my shop. Damn pickpockets have been trying to get the better of me today. You're the first one to even know I was reading thoughts, and certainly the first one to repel it."

He twitches an ear, then licks his teeth. There is a minor indication by his behavior that he has been eating the shoplifters. "A psion... in Khorvaire. This is intriguing. What brings your kind this far north?"

@Lanakhad:
Dhenukasura smiles and bows politely. "The Garden of Eternal Torture is a popular tourist attraction in this region. Beyond the pleasure garden and through the labyrinth is a garden of dust and dirt, devoid of life, where a known terrorist and marauder is kept alive for as long as the walls of Ashtakala stand to suffer its punishment. The tortures can be quite exquisite, and are worth a view. The Amphitheater of Pain is popular amongst fiends and demons who frequent our city. Normally it is a place where slaves of the Abyss are brought for public torture, but the Raja has set up an elaborate gladiatorial event as a gift to those who have accepted his task."

Rising from his bow, he gestures with a clawed hand. "A servant's duties are to suit the needs of his or her master and protect him when he is vulnerable, such as when you are sleeping or bathing. Simple issue a servant a command and they will obey. Even so, the raja commands that you do nothing to... spoil... them. Our servants serve the raja first and must be returned to him in a condition suitable to serve."

@Thor:
Dhenukasura guides you to your room, then tilts his head to the side as you inquire about the illusions. "What is it you wish to know about the illusions?"

@Sarisha and Cron:
Like any library, this place is sorted and labelled with signs. The bookshelves are massive and sometimes require the use of a ladder or flight to get to the high shelves. it doesn't take long to find a variety of atlases of Khorvaire and all of Eberron from a variety of different eras, including the time that all of Eberron was under the rule of the fiends of Astakala... the Age of Demons.

Cron is causing a bit of a stir, and some of the fiends in the library have looked up from their ancient tomes to scowl at him. A beautiful woman glides up to Cron and snatches the papers away from him, then grabs him by the front of the breastplate armor. She is freakishly strong and fast.

"Listen, ssssswine. Many of the writings found in thesssssse walls were sscribed thoussssaands of yearss ago." She turns to Sarissha... "Perhapsssss you should leave your ssssslave to wait outsside. His ssssssstupidity may cosst you more than you are able to pay."

Even if the accent didn't give it away, it becomes eventually apparent that the lower half of the woman's body is serpentine... and long. She might be about 20 feet in length. Two extra hands work to sort the papers that Cron was messing with, and a total hand count reveals that she has six arms.http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs51/f/2009/331/2/f/Marilith_by_kerembeyit.jpg

Jungian
2012-11-12, 07:35 PM
William's breath was still ragged even as the white tiger-like rakshasa calm exotic voice issued from his maw. He slowly lowered the tarnished and worn morningstar, wary as if another assault to his mind was forthcoming. His eyes darted about the room, ensuring no other presence was not hidden in the shadows. Though where his gaze snapped was difficult to discern, as the silver light radiate from his eyes.

His normally smooth voice stumbles a bit as he tries to reply, "mnot Ision p". He stops himself for a moment, closing his eyes and taking a deep breath. Why is it so damn difficult to speak when you know what happens a second or two into the future

Sims who had remained quiet through William's episodes thinks, Relax Will, you know what Jacob said. Just separate yourself from your senses, its easy. Your power flows through me and I'm fine.

You have considerably less senses than I do...

He opens his eyes again and says in a bitter tone, "I'm not a filthy psion from Sarlona or any of their "friendly" outpost. Mind marauders and murders are all that come from Sarlona, nothing better than military dogs. I'm a true son of Khorvaire, just a gifted one." He pauses for a moment before continuing, "So it was just you ensuring the safety of your wares...Though I suppose only an idiot would try to steal from you. My kind have always been irritating for telepaths, other less instructed of my kin tend to leave any who try to read their minds with a bit more than a headache. My master was a powerful telepath, my intended and unintended instruction in repelling telepathy are fruits of his...rigorous training."

He slowly begins gathering the items he wished to purchase prior to his display, "As for coming north, I go were my curiosity drags me. The Rajah's offer was just to tempting. As the events that will come after his fruitful venture." He holds a small bright glowing orb in his hand, agitating it to see if the liquid had solidified a bit. He carefully walks over to rakshasa and places the wares on the table as he begins to reach for his gold, "Would happen to have a drawstring bag for Liquid Sunlight? I must also compliment you on your wares, expertly crafted and such a diverse stock."


Purchasing
1 Liquid sunlight (CoSco pg 110) 20 gp (if I don't get crafting prices)
Hearthfire Cube (RoS pg 159) 10 gp
Endurance Elixer x2 (CoSco pg 110) 50 gp
Alchemist Mineral Acid x2 (Und pg 67) 40 gp
Tools for Alchemy 5 gp
125 gp Total

Croverus
2012-11-12, 09:44 PM
For DM
I mean to go speak with the Arrow Demon first. his assistance sounds the most useful and the least likely to screw us over.

TheEggKing
2012-11-13, 04:44 AM
@Inex: A somewhat fervent tone enters the cleric's voice as he steps closer to the humanoid feline. "A shorter list would be the things I didn't wish to know. How does the spell effect the entire city and all the inhabitants? Is it some form of curse on the land or a permanent effect or possibly renewed casting by royal mages? What is the spell's intended purpose here? Are there other spells going on that we can't detect or are more subtle? How long has the effect been in place? How large is the area effected by the spell? I know that it's a Disguise Self spell but as I'm sure you can discern by the name, the spell typically only effects oneself so how was it altered to affect the city? You see, I have this theory regarding magic..." Thor stops, suddenly realizing that he has been raving. Closing his eyes for a moment and taking a deep breath he calms himself, opening his eyes again to look at Dhenukasura. "We'll start with answers to those questions, if you please."

Lexin
2012-11-13, 06:27 AM
"Oh, I see, it does seem interesting..."

[To Ardt] Mental note- avoid The Garden of Eternal Torture
[To Lan] Motion seconded.

"... and who... or what will be fighting in Amphitheater of Pain?"


[To Lan] You probably don't want to know the answer.
[To Ardt] I agree, but I am too curious to not ask...
[To Lan] You know what they say about curiosity?
[To Ardt] I am not a cat...

After hearing about servants "Oh, I see... no I won't spoil the servant... he is a little stunned after hearing all of this but it shouldn't show on his face.

[To Ardt] I think our employer might be really evil...
[To Lan] ...! (pure feelings of irritation and something near mental sight...)

AshesOfOld
2012-11-13, 08:33 AM
Cron gently rests his hand on the snakelike lady's palm clutching his breastplate.
"Calm now, good lady." He says in an relaxing voice, not at all intimidated by the fearsome monster before him. "I am not a slave swine. I am Cron Ouursch of the Shadow Marches, famous warrior in those parts."
Cron pauses for a bit, then grabs one of her hands.
"I am also glad to meet you. What is your name?"

inexorabletruth
2012-11-13, 05:08 PM
@William:
The great white cat-man purrs at the compliment. "You're wiser than your youth would suggest, and evidently trained to recognize good alchemy when you see it. These are indeed superior items."

He scribbles out a receipt with an oddly angled grip (rakshasas hands are upside down), then prepares some bags for the items. "Drawstring bags are included in the price of the purchase. However, if you'd like to protect your items better, I also provide cases and trunks with velvet padded compartments. A small case holds four vials, a luggage case holds eight, and a trunk holds thirty. Prices vary based on the materials of which they are made. Would you like to see some?"

Benefit of such a case:
If you take fall damage or any other kind of damage that would impact your entire body (such as a cave in) normally splash weapons will break. With these items, it would have to bypass the Hardness and HP stats of the materials the cases are made of before a splash item breaks. Even then, the case will provide some cover against the chemicals, should they be lethal. It's a move action to open the case, and another move action to draw a vial from it.

@Adavarik:
Taking from Monster Manual III:

Lean and wiry, this four-armed creature keeps two powerful longbows strapped to his back. His emaciated limbs conceal an abyssal strength. His skin is oily and moist, and it is entirely hairless. The creature's long legs end in four-jointed toes, and it grips the ground as it walks.

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/mmiii_gallery/82980.jpg

He observed you dispassionately as you approach. "And what would the machina desire of me?" he rasps, his voice barely more than a harsh whisper. "The inhabitants of the Wastes crave flesh. I would imagine you could travel these realms unmolested."

@Thor:
Even with his keen intellect, the rakshasa has some difficulty keeping up with the line of questions. He nods his head when you're done rattling on and clears his throat. "Right. You are keen to recognize its nature. The spell is much more than simply a Disguise Self spell, though that is one of it's fascinating abilities. It was created by our forefathers to protect the visage of the kingdom in the days of our greatest glory. It was created as both a tribute and a lament to the last age of the Age of Demons and is a permanent effect held within these walls and the effect is limited by it's range. Which is to say, anyone who leaves these walls lose the effect of the illusion. In fact, many artifacts, if taken outside of the obsidian walls would crumble to dust without the protection afforded by the magic. But inside this beautiful city, all things gain permanence and do not decay with the passage of time. I believe that covers your questions. If you please, I have other guests to attend. Your servant will be along shortly, and can answer any other questions you may have."

With that, he bows and glides along towards his next task.

@Lanakhad:
Before he parts to assign Thor his room, he bows again. "No one of consequence. Scum mostly. But to die for your amusement will be a glorious task for them. You would honor them with your presence and your cheers."

@Cron/Sarisha:
The fiend considers ripping off Cron's arm for his insolence at daring to touch her, but can't help but be a little amused by his ignorance and proclamation. "You are one of the adventurers going to Zilargo?" She looks down at Cron's hand as it shakes her own and pulls it away, then looks around for a place to wipe her hand. Her face is an expression of pure disgust.

"Well... Cron Ouursch... famous warrior of the Shadow Marches. Keep your hands, and your snout, to yourself or I'll remove the offending appendages. Do we have an understanding?"

Lexin
2012-11-13, 05:24 PM
"I see... thank you for your time."
Lanakhad says with a polite nod as the Rakshasa goes away.

He goes into his room, to see what kind of servant is assigned to him and to leave his equipment here, before even thinking about sightseeing.

[To Lan] You really think about watching some random people fighting for pleasure of audience?
[To Ardt] Admit it. You are interested too.
[To Lan] ... I am... but don't come to me if you wake up in the middle of the night crying!
[To Ardt] I don't dream.
[To Lan] Argh, don't think you won just because I like human sayings too much!
[To Ardt] Ehh, we will see... let's go to the room first...

Croverus
2012-11-13, 05:51 PM
"I am traveling with others who must deal with the weakness of flesh and blood. I am here on their behalf. I heard of your offer and came to learn the price you ask." The warforged at first regards the demon as it would a being of flesh, but got the sense that this being was more than its flesh, something that did not suffer the weaknesses.

Jungian
2012-11-13, 06:03 PM
William gazed curiously at the script, as the white paw-hand smoothly glided on the parchment.

"Yes I was instructed in some rudimentary alchemy. Enough to know a quality tincture or expertly mixed tonic when I come across it." When the white-cat poses the case question William genuinely considers the option, he spots an example of each piece and studies them for a moment.

Will I want to go see. timidly ask Sims and after a moment of consideration and a glance at the rakshasa, reaches under his shirt and pulls out the light blue crystal. It sits in his hand for a moment before eight wispy pale blue legs sprout from its core. It teeters for a moment, as it test each leg!s flexibility before expertly dropping to the floor. It scurries across the room and climbs up into the trunk before working its way to the luggae and case.

With a bemused expression William says, "He enjoys stretching his many legs now and again. While he examines the wares, I must ask...is there any entertainment one can enjoy? The voyage away from here will be unimaginably boring compared to the vibrant nature of the city."

TheEggKing
2012-11-13, 06:30 PM
@Inex: Thor nods to the exiting rakshasa in understanding and goes to his bed, setting down his pack and equipment and removing his armor to more comfortably record this new information into his expedition log, as well as some speculation on the magic of the city.

AshesOfOld
2012-11-14, 02:59 AM
Though not understanding some of the words, the meaning doesn't slip by Cron this time.
"I got it. Nice to meet you."
Cron puts his hands behind his back.
"And yes, I am going to the special place. We need to find a map, but..." Cron leans in a little near the demon's face. "I can't read. So it's hard to find."

inexorabletruth
2012-11-14, 03:35 AM
@Lanakhad:
The room is quite luxurious, with elaborate and horrifying paintings of demons torturing humans, elves, even celestials. The bed is thick and soft, padded with cushions and silks as well as a veil thin canopy the fluters like a haunting spirit in the hot summer breeze. Obsidian statues of the raja glare at you hungrily from various corners of the room. And the bedposts are capped with obscene carvings of seductive fiends. The head of something that loosely resembles a bear, except that it is scaly, with massive fangs and horns jutting from its crown, is mounted over the fireplace. On top of the mantle is a single brass bell on one side and a music box on the other.

There is a writing desk with ink, quill and paper. Also there is an oil lamp on the desk which emits a soft glow. Incense burns on your nightstand, emitting a purple smoke which spirals through the air, giving the whole room a dreamy, surreal look.

As of yet, your servant has not arrived.

@Adavarik:
"Seven gold per day, plus expenses, and I take a 30 platinum deposit up front in case you die along the way." The demon sneers. "Not everyone in the Wastes speaks Common. I'll be able to talk to the Tanar'ri for you. I also know Celestial and Draconic, if it comes up. If I help you in a fight, I take my share of the loot. If I have to fight for you... I take all the loot. If you run out of money, I'm gone. I expect to be paid at the beginning of the day before services are rendered, and I'm not your personal slave or some pathetic lackey. I won't carry your treasure unless you expect me to keep it. I won't carry your wounded, and I never stay behind with the horses... unless of course you expect me to eat them."

@William:
The simplest scroll cases start at 5 silver pieces, and aren't much more than hard leather and canvas boxes with tiny handles and a hinge to secure the lid which opens like a purse. Inside are 4 fitted grooves made to hold a vial of fluid. The most elaborate one is priced at 230 gold, and is made of mahogany and leather with cold iron laced silver reinforcements as a form of fairy repellant. The lock is the head of a tiger and appears to possess no key or keyhole.

"It's a Blood Lock. A Blood Lock can only have one key master. You have to make a blood bond with it. You see, you prick your finger on its fangs. The tiger drinks the blood and remembers the taste and smell. From that point on, it bites anyone that attempts to open the lock... but it only lets go if it recognizes the taste." He explains with a sadistic grin. "One of my own special creations. Of course, for obvious reasons, I have to say, no refunds."

The rakshasa keeps a suspicious eye on the walking crystal, but doesn't skip a beat with your question. "Many come here for the vaults and the libraries, to study ancient wisdom and examine equally ancient relics. The pleasure gardens and the labyrinth are always nice this time of year. Beyond that is the Garden of Eternal Torture, which is a place I regularly visit when I need to take my mind off things. And of course the harem district is constantly a delight for weary travelers in need of release. But the Amphitheater of Pain is the place to be tonight. The raja has offered a special invitation to brave adventurers such as yourself to watch some specially arranged duels of death and honor. It has been so long since the Amphitheater even hosted a show." The rakshasa purrs at the thought of such violence.

@Thor:
A scantily clad female elf-like creature with horns growing from her temples slinks through the door and begins lighting the candles in your room and refreshes the incense that has died out. The extra lighting reveals that this is a horrifying place, with billowy red curtains and tapestries depicting ritual sacrifices during the Age of Demons. The floor is bare obsidian stone that has been polished to an oily sheen, which gives the whole room a sense of flame and darkness. Perhaps a creature of the Abyss would find the place to be quite cozy... but the average sane person would make an expression that is most accurately depicted by the gargoyle busts adorning reliefs in the wall. There are massive windows overlooking the city, and a patio on which to enjoy the hot breeze. She heads to a bowl by the night stand and pours a pitcher of water in it, then drops a crystal into the water. The room begins to cool some shortly thereafter. She then walks over to a large fan, takes it off the wall and then slips unobtrusively into the shadows. Though you can tell she's there if you look, it's remarkable just how easy she is to ignore. She stands there, statuesque and still, making no sound as if she were merely another part of the decor.

@Cron:
The demon laughs a horrible mocking laugh.

"A fine adventurer you are. There he is! Sssaviour of Khorvaire! Champion of the losssst secretss of Zilargo. An illiterate... in- in a LIBRARY!" Her laughter causes some amused chuckles from some of the other fiends, angry glares from others. "Thisss is rich! Where did the raja dig up such foolsss!"

She shakes her head as she laughs, then slithers away, leaving the implied request for aid unanswered.

TheEggKing
2012-11-14, 05:37 AM
@Inex: Thor hadn't paid the room a second glance; he had been much more absorbed in his thoughts. Upon seeing the servant light the room he looked around, suddenly taking in the scene before him. "Hmph. Design for the clientele, I suppose." He looks at the servant standing quietly to the side and nods once in approval before silently going back to his studies. After writing in his expedition log about the city, his travels and some wild speculation on the fundamentals of magic and their underpinning in the sentient psyche he closes his book, blows out a candle or two to avoid having to look at the decor, strips off his clothes and climbs into the bed to sleep.

AshesOfOld
2012-11-14, 07:21 AM
Cron stood befuddled for a little moment.
"What a strange lady."
He went over to Sarisha who had witnessed the confrontation in silence.
"You find something? I'm headin' out. This dumb orc needs some fresh air."

Croverus
2012-11-14, 07:26 AM
Adavarik nodded. He himself did not have the coin on hand, but would certainly imagine one of the others had some wealth to their name. "I thank thee for your time. I will speak to my companions on using your services and send an answer to you tomorrow after the sun has risen." With that he bows politely, knowing to show respect at least to a creature such as this one. Adavarik now headed out to find one of the other two demons he had been told about and find out what they were asking for their services.

Lexin
2012-11-14, 12:53 PM
Lanakhad leaves his equipment near the bed for now, stretches and looks around the room.
[To Lan] Try the bell.
[To Ardt] And what if it summons demons to eat my soul?
[To Lan] At least it wouldn't be boring...

Lanakhad rings the bell, waits and looks around expectantly.

What time is it?

Jungian
2012-11-15, 03:03 PM
The small crystal scurries back toward William and comes to rest at his feet. A single blue leg pokes at his shin until William reaches his palm down for Sims. The crystal lowers, itself, down on his palms as the a blue mist rises from its legs. William tucks Sims back in his shirt as he points out the cases.

He pays for his wares and gives a short bow before heading out the door.

The trip to the palace was brief at his quick pace. He soon found himself entering the doors for the available servant quarters, "Hello, are rooms still available?"

He gazes around at the opulence as Sims thinks,

Wow this is living and William couldn't help but agree.

missmvicious
2012-11-15, 04:58 PM
Sarisha, surprised, watched the exchange between Cron and the fiend. She wasn't quite sure how to side in the exchange. Cron being on her team would be a logical but she had a feeling that the snake fiend wasn't bluffing and two party members being dead would be a lot worse then one of them. When Cron tells her he is going she finally responds "Oh I think I've what we need." She drums her fingers over a book she'd been holding. "I need them to copy the maps then I'll be right out." She casts a glance at the fiends in the library and says in a hushed tone "And do watch your back though, fiends are not the best company."

After locating maps of Khorvair and Zilargo Sarisha heads over to the clerk(?) that they spoke to earlier to get a cartographer.

inexorabletruth
2012-11-17, 02:40 PM
@Adavarik:
The arrow demon watches as you walk away, then goes back to polishing his arrows.

The massive form of the Ghour stands tall, clawed arms crossed over his chest making him look like some terrible statue of an ancient god.

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/mof_gallery/MonFaePG33b.jpg

He is 20 feet tall with thick and hairy hide, powerful buldging muscles and two menacingly sharp horns coming from his head. Standing next to him is an ogre, who in spite of his size and strength, seems almost pathetic next to the mighty Ghour.

The Ghour turns his head to you, but moves nothing else.

"Kas esli valthra, wera-al?" It's voice is like gravel and fire being ground together.

The ogre steps up to you. "My master don't speak no common. If you don't speak Demon or Giant talk, you pay me to translate." You see him jam a thumb towards a wooden sign that reads "Burgin speks gient fer wun kopr."

"I'm Burgin an' that's my sign." Says the ogre with an ignorantly proud grin.

@Lanakhad:
In this place, it can be hard to tell what time it is. The Demon Wastes are always covered in darkness, dust, or flame. However, a waterclock in your room tells you that it is early evening... about time for the show, if you're in to that sort of thing.

The bell summons an orc female into the room. She is by no means attractive, but she does know how to keep a house. She is dressed in a close-fitting cottony skirt and blouse with a bonnet that suggests her status as maid, all of which match the colors and patterns of the house... black and bronze. She closes the door softly, and hastily lights the candles in the room then stands at attention with her head bowed slightly. "What do you wish of me sir?" Her gnarled and hairy hands are folded over each other submissively and you can tell that she is covered in scars and old burns, and she never makes eye contact with you. Instead she keeps her gaze fixed on your feet.

@William:
A rakshasa servant greets you at the door. "Welcome to the home of the raja. Most certainly, sir. There are over 300 rooms in the raja's palace. I'm sure we can find a room that would accommodate your tastes. That will be four gold pieces per night." He says in a sycophantic voice while holding out his upside-down hand for the payment.

@Cron:
As you exit you can feel the mocking laughter at your back. But fresh air is hard to come by in Astakala as you step out the front door. Instead, you are greeted by the labyrinth chaos of Ashtakala's city streets. It's evident that not much thought was placed on the cities structure. There isn't a single straight road, and no true mercantile district, manufacturing district, or judicial/state center. The whole city seems to be completely devoid of sanity. A rat scurries up to you and hisses. It has crimson eyes that glow with an evil radiance. As it glares at you, you can hear the scratching and squeaking of other rats nearby.

@Sarisha:
You make it back to the librarian and a cartographer is fetched. "I can have this finished in two hours, for one silver piece. Five if you want it in color. Add another silver piece for each metallic color you want... such as gold lettering," the cartographer hisses.

@ Thor:
Despite the early bed time, you can't help but feel a heady grogginess as you lie down on your bed.

The slave begins to fan you, sending a gentle breeze brushing against you and your bed sheets.

IC Relevant OOC:
Your character is intelligent enough to know that your grogginess is an enhanced effect, most likely from the incense that is next to the bed. If you wish you may break the effect of the will save each hour, and you auto-succeed on the first hour. You may chose not to resist, however, and let the sleep-aid do its work.

AshesOfOld
2012-11-18, 06:43 AM
"OK, I'll be careful." Cron says over his shoulder as he exits the library.
Overwhelmed by the city's noise and visuals, Cron hugs the wall of the library, trying to keep as much distance to the chaotic movements of the city's 'people'. Puh. This place almost makes me miss home. he thinks to himself.

As the rat approaches, a small smile reappears on his face.
"Hey there, li'l fellow. You hungry?" Cron takes some dried bread from his rations, tears off a small piece, and throws it gently near the aggressive rat.
"Come on. No telling when you'll get to eat next time."

inexorabletruth
2012-11-18, 12:31 PM
@Cron:
The rat pauses it's hissing and looks at the morsel of food, then turns its head... then looks back up at Cron. It does this a few more times, then slowly moves closer to the food and sniffs it.

After a looking at Cron, then back at the food a few more times, it dips its head tentatively back toward the food and starts to eat.

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg183/malanisleallow/ratswarm.jpg

It remains defensive, clearly leaning away from the food and ready to bolt at a moment's notice, but as it chews, you can see other red lights, the burning eyes of this odd breed of rats observing you in the shadows of the alleyway.

Lexin
2012-11-18, 12:37 PM
"Umm...errr... that is..." Lanakhad says with shocked expression.

[To Lan] "Prime example of eloquence, aren't we today?"
[To Ardt] "I think... this is not what I expected..."

Already calm.
"Hmm... there are rules, which shall not be broken, if I want to wake up alive in this place... but there are things that can be done within these rules I suppose." He says in a very quiet voice, more thinking aloud that talking to anyone.

"What is your name?" He asks the slave, waits for the answer and continues.
"I would like you to bring me hot water, towels, a nice meal and a thick blanket."

inexorabletruth
2012-11-18, 01:08 PM
@ Lanakhad:
The maid tenses at the question.

"You may call me... Mootsla." She scurries about to bring you the things you require, and in a matter of minutes, has requisitioned some leftovers from the banquet, a steak dinner, decoratively arranged with a side of corn and a potato bursting with toppings. A small loaf of warm bread is set beside it, steaming as a pad of butter slowly liquifies on top of it, and a thin slice of fruit pie sits next to a glass of bordeaux. Beside that is a long, thin smoking pipe.

In another corner of the room, she has placed a wash basin of steaming water and some clean towels. An enormous, thick fur blanket is folded up in her arms and she struggles a bit to manage it as she drapes it over the bed.

After she finishes her work, she stands at attention once more, then speaks softly, "I beg your pardon, but I sense that I wasn't what you were hoping for. Perhaps, I can clarify how to use our service." She scurries over to the mantle next to the bell. "Ring this for service or punishment and it will summon me. I can tend the house. I am also here if something has displeased you. Due to the magic of this palace, I cannot be killed unless my... head is removed," she gulps slightly, "so I can serve as a subject of your wrath without spoiling the more valuable servants of the raja." She heads over to the music box, and gestures to it, but does not touch it. "Open the music box for pain and pleasure." She bows low. "It will get quite hot throughout the night. Do you wish me to remain and fan you while you sleep, sir?"

Lexin
2012-11-18, 01:19 PM
"No... he answers with a smile ... but it seems I am not that hungry as I thought I was... My next wish, or order if you like, is that you should eat as much of the things you brought here as you like." after saying that he goes to wash himself.
I missed it on the desert. he thinks as he gets rid of all the dust covering him.


[To Ardt] "She probably doesn't even understand that it is all the scars covering her that startled me..."
[To Lan] "Her masters are demons... you should expect inhuman treatment."
[To Ardt] "What do you think about riding and razing this place when we are strong enough to fight all the hordes of hell from this city?"
[To Lan] "Sounds like a plan... stupid, quite impossible even... but it is a plan..."

*sight*

AshesOfOld
2012-11-18, 03:03 PM
Seeing the rat carefully take the food and the others closing in, Cron beams with a big smile.
"That's the way. And you brought some friends along too, I see."
Cron breaks more of the bread in pieces and throws them close to the rats, talking soothingly to them.
"You must be as confused as me, with all this noise going on. Poor things, you look sick."
handle animal (if that's what they are) [roll0]

inexorabletruth
2012-11-18, 06:00 PM
@ Lanakhad:
Mootsla seems frightened at first to eat the food of her master, but even more frightened to disobey an order. She sits down and quietly eats her food. When she is done, she dutifully cleans her mess, then tends to your wash basin when you are done freshening up. Then places the bell by your bed. "Thank you sir, and have a pleasant night. If you need me, please ring the bell." Before she leaves, she tends to the bowl of incense. The fresh plumes of purple smoke are intoxicating and soothe your mind.

The incense is a form of sedative. You may roll a will save to negate it's effects, DC 7 (+2 each hour you breathe its fumes).

@Cron:
The rats are more attracted to the food than your words, but the meaning is conveyed well enough as they continue to snatch at the food and nibble at it. The rats watch you silently. Sitting quite still after eating your bread. Some of then pick the crumbs off their fur and eat those as well.

Jungian
2012-11-18, 07:28 PM
William fishes the required gold and deposits it in rakshasa's hands. He places the trunk on the floor, and drops his bag on top of it. He rolls his shoulders a bit, loosening the muscles that had tensed during his trip to the palace. "Could you call some servants to carry these to my quarters? It is quite bothersome to carry them. If possible I also wish to send a servant to fetch my mount from the stables near the gate, and bring it here. I'll of course supply the gold needed for payment."

He notes the dark decorations and smiles a bit as he admires some of the statues, "So old, yet they endure...Fascinating."

Sims speaks up, It's rather dark, but expected. I imagined there would be more fountains of blood or something similar.

William replies, we haven't seen the attractions yet. The fight should be interesting at least.

Addressing the rakshasa, William says, "My good steward, what is your preferred name?"

AshesOfOld
2012-11-19, 06:58 AM
"Well, it was very nice meeting all of you, but now I need to find some food as well. And maybe some company."

Cron throws the remaining food into the alleyway and waves the rats goodbye, before heading out to find a suitable inn. And by suitable; anything with edible food for orcs, and not too exclusively demony.

Scratching off a ration.

Lexin
2012-11-19, 07:41 AM
Will saves
(if mind affecting add +2)
[roll0]
[roll1]

Lanakhad sits on the edge of bed and stares at the music box.

[To Lan] Curiosity killed a...
[To Ardt] Shut up!

He stands up and walks closer to the music box, looking a bit ashamed that he lost the battle with his own curiosity...
He opens the box.

inexorabletruth
2012-11-20, 03:24 PM
@William:
The Rakshasa counts his gold and smiles greedily, then bows at your next request. "If it pleases you, you may call me Hidimba. Please, tell me the name or give a description of your mount and I shall have him fetched for you. It is an additional five silver per night for a standard mount. Enormous or ethereal mounts will cost extra."

He snaps his upside down hands and another servant comes up and fetches your luggage, as Hidimba glides through the hallways to take you to your room.

You find yourself at the end of the hall as well, overlooking the obsidian and brass city from a large balcony. The room is dimly lit and empty looking, with polished floors that reflect the light, giving it an eerie glow. Long floor-length curtains billow and sway against the hot breeze of the wastelands, which cast eerie shadows across the room.

Against the wall there is a large bed with a chaise longue in front of it. Next to it, is a wardrobe on one side and a nightstand on the other. The nightstand has a single candle lit, illuminating the plush and luxurious red silk sheets covering the mattress.

There is another chair not far from the bed that has a reading lantern next to it, and a small bookstand filled with books written in a foreign language. Looking up, you see that the walls are tilted inward to a degree, giving you the sense that the room is leering down at you. On the other side of the room is a small, well stocked bar with all manners of exotic liquors and candies. Behind the bar, is a large painting of a rakshasa... presumably one of the former rajas. The washroom is ornate, with a huge bathtub and wash basin. It is surrounded by murals of an obscene and perverse sort.

Out on the balcony, the drapes fly away to reveal a haunting scene of flying fiends and twisted city streets. The garden below is visible, as well as an ornate labyrinth, but nothing can be seen beyond the city walls. It's as if this whole place existed within its own dimension.

@Cron:
The rats watch you leave with fervent curiosity, but do nothing to trouble you as you pass. Still, you can't help but feel like you're being watched even as their red eyes vanish from your sight.

The city itself is doesn't seem designed to entertain travelers, and inns can be hard to come by. The first thing you find is a makeshift hostel, partly comprised of what appears to be an abandoned house, and some alleyways connected to it. It seems to be occupied by a number of adventurers and hosted by a group of nightmare creatures of a hideous, but pitiable looking sort... fiendish rabble no doubt. The rent is cheap, but the comforts are few. If you want a spot inside, it'll cost 2 silver a night. A spot outside, under one of the makeshift canopies, 5 copper a night. Most of the adventurers are huddled over one of the many games the hostel is offering. You can also remember that some of the demons and rakshasa are offering shelter for the night, and the raja's palace is open to travelers.

@Lanakhad:
You manage to shake off the doping effects of the incense, for now, as you head over to the music box and open it.

Haunting and seductive music plays from the music box and two tiny dancing girl dolls spiral up from the base of the music box, moving with a clockwork rigidity. Both are scantily clad and writhe in perverse and seductive manners. The one on the left is clad in leather and piercings and wrapped in razor tipped chains. The other is draped in silks and appears to be some kind of elf, but with hellish, red eyes.

Shadows grow and swell in the room, until they gather into the shapes of two women, each resembling the dolls dancing in the music box, but the details of each are hard to determine in the darkening shadows of the room.

The women speak simultaneously, "Have you summoned us for pain, pleasure, or both?" The duality of sound is both deep and feminine, seductive and terrifying.

You feel as if it would seem reasonable to pick pleasure or at least both. After all, who would willingly seek pain unless there was some reward for your display of constitution and obedience.

You detect these feelings may not be your own. Roll a Will Save (DC 21)

You can see in the shadows that the one with the peircings has begun to unravel her razor whip, while the other writhes and stretches seductively, causing what appears to be her wings to flutter a bit.

missmvicious
2012-11-20, 04:26 PM
Sarisha drops 14 silver pieces and the two maps off with the cartographer and says that she'll return for the map and heads back out. She walks out and doesn't see Cron and glances around to see where he wandered off to. Not seeing him Sarisha shrugged and decides to go about exploring the city. She puts a hand on Iggy and wanders towards some of the vendors that have set up shop looking over their curiosities.
spot [roll0]

AshesOfOld
2012-11-20, 04:43 PM
Cron strides into the Hostel with a big smile on his face.
"Looks nice." He muses to himself as he approaches one of the fiends that look like they run the place.

"Hullo, friend! Can I have a bed for the night? Outside is good. Like to look at the stars - and.. you have anything good to drink? And by good I mean something that gets you there really fast."

Cron makes wide gestures with his hands as he speaks, including pointing with his thumb to his mouth, while his pinky is pointing the opposite way, and mimicking a very drunk version of himself... which looks about the same.

Jungian
2012-11-20, 06:20 PM
William's linger only for a moment on the various decorations of the room, as they crave the unfamiliar sights and sounds. He wanders to the window, and throwing open the drapes to bask for a moment at the alien nature of where he found himself,

Alison will never believe this. I hardly believe it. William thought to Sims.

This is nothing. We should never be satisfied, there is more to see, more to experience, more knowledge and life than can ever be learned or lived. We hunger for it, two are one and one is two. thinks Sims back

His hand moves to where Sims sits pressed against his breast, Two are one and one is two.

Tearing his eyes away from a particularly awkward flying fiend William says, "Hidimba my mount is at the stables by the city gates, under the care of whatever it is. It is a camel named Cameron. He is a darker complexion with the top inch of his right ear missing. He has a military sadle." he fetches another two gold pieces, "This will cover the price of the retrieving the camel and for it to be quartered here. Would it be possible to get a small meal before I head to Amphitheater for tonight's event?"

TheEggKing
2012-11-21, 07:16 AM
@Inex: Thor is suspicious for a moment about the sedative incense, but then realizes that he plans on going to sleep anyway so trying to overcome the effect is silly and pointless. He lets himself drift off to sleep, murmuring about magical theories and brainless dolts as he fades away.

Lexin
2012-11-21, 07:50 AM
Will save [roll0]
...ups...

Why not...

"Doesn't hurt to try. Oh, it might hurt to try... Pleasure, then..."
He says slightly confused. After saying that he focuses for a second, trying to find remember what kind of creatures could he just met.

inexorabletruth
2012-11-23, 04:28 PM
@Sarisha:
IC Relevant OOC:
I think this fits closer to a Gather Info Check, unless you are on the lookout for a specific shop. At which point, your roll result would be 15, and would take about 4 hours of browsing.

DC 10: Common Knowledge

It becomes clear after a while that Ashatakala was never meant to be a mercantile city. It's designed as a vault per se... perhaps a time capsule for a lost era when fiends ruled Eberron. Since that bygone era, the Rakshasa have taken over, but the only visitors it has gotten are from a plane of existence that don't require food, water, sleep, or many of the material needs of those who live on this plane. As such, what shops exist appear to have been thrown together to accommodate the anticipated spike in tourist activity during the time of the Raja's invitation. All in all, the place is sinister and a bit terrifying. Fiends leer at you, some of them even look at you as potential food, as you traverse the twisted streets of the hellish city.

Merchant shops are in short supply in Ashtakala, but you come across a slew of oddity shops, featuring lewd or violent depictions in the form of sculptures, paintings, and in some cases, live depictions.

You also find a few apothecary and alchemical vendors, weapons and arms vendors, a slave auction, a slew of gambling halls, brothels full of male and female "hosts", taverns, drug dens, magic shops, temples to evil gods, and vendors of horrifying looking "animals" that are being sold as beasts of burden, curiosities, or objects of other forms of amusement.

You also stumble across some of the city's common sites:
The Amphitheater of Pain is just beginning its fanfare. Although you can't get in without purchasing a ticket to the event, the talk from the herds of attendees waiting to get in is that a gladiatorial spectacle is being held for the amusement of the raja's guest.

The Demon Glass Gallery, filled with floating glass reliefs dedicated to strange fiends also require the purchase of a ticket to gain entry. But the rewards are high. It is said that the statues are like oracles that grant visions or premonitions.

The Drain Works is a place where 13 transparent sarcophagi rest that transforms unfortunate creatures who have displeased their master into what you hear is a called a Dust-Stuffed Creature who will more faithfully serve the Lords of Dust.

The Garden of Eternal Torture doesn't require a price of admission. It's simply a gift to all who enter Ashtakala. You wind your way through a labyrinth, which, at the center, fades away into a dirt garden populated by dust devils (the natural phenomenon, not a monster) that whirl and dance around a singular 16 foot long serpent with rainbow feathered wings, which writhes in constant agony.

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs23/f/2007/341/d/7/Rainbow_Coatl_by_ArnaTornwolf.jpg

A signpost in three different languages seems to serve as a plaque. Two of the languages you don't recognize, but one of them is in Draconic, which reads:

"Miklatumh, captive terrorist of the Coatl army, who suffers in eternal torment for all his kind as punishment for their crimes against the great Dragon Overlord, Khyber, and the Overlords of Ashtakala."

Even as you read this, his hoarse screams of torment rake your ears, and you hear a telepathic pleading in your mind, "Pleasssse... let me die!"

IC Relevant OOC:
You may inquire about something in more detail (DC 15 GI check), if you tell me what, specifically you wish to know. You've passed the check already. See PHB, pg. 74 for details on what kind of information you can request with a GI check of 15.

@Cron:
You see a humanoid creature with wings, claws, fangs, and short horns. His eyes have that same eerie glow that the rats had. He attempts to smile at you as you approach, but the effect is similar to a wild animal barring its teeth.

"Welcome then, traveler. For we have what you seek. Payment must be made up front, however."

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20091227045057/forgottenrealms/images/b/b9/Half-fiend-1-.jpg

He takes your 5 copper and puts them in a pouch, then escorts you to your "room". As you meander through the crowds, you find low-quality prostitutes, narcotics dealers, gamblers, and other ne'er-do-wells slinking through the crowd. Finally, he shows you to a tent with a cot and a chamber pot inside. The cot is barely big enough to hold you, but at least it's shelter.

"If getting there is the goal, then I recommend talking to Zedra. She sells some of the best stuff around, and for a good price. She's out there right now." Zedra does not resemble any female you've ever seen. She's big, and hairy, with sharp teeth, a long snout, and corded muscles. She covers most of her horrid features with a long cloak and is carrying a large messenger bag. People are approaching her and making purchases.

"Or if you specifically wish to quench your thirst, the strongest spirits we sell are Orc Kragg, Frenzywater, and Hag's Milk. Orc Kragg is a specialty import around here, and a bit rare. It'll cost 35 gold pieces for a bottle, 10 gold for a glass. Hag's Milk is a local favorite, and goes for 30 gold per bottle, 4 gold per glass. For those with a lighter purse, Frenzywater is available for 15 gold pieces a bottle, 5 silver per glass."

@William:
"Certainly sir. I'll have the servant bring you an arrangement from the banquet tonight. If you need anything else, simply ask the room."

With that, he leaves to have someone fetch your mount.

@Lanakhad:
The one with the whip pouts a bit at first, then turns her angry glare at the succubus who winks playfully back.

"Sorry, metal-face. It looks like this one is mine. Why don't you go back to your music box and pierce yourself some more. I think I still see some skin."

The succubus slinks toward you as the Shadar-Kai fades back into the shadows and disappears.

"And you... you have just made the best decision of your life."

IC Relevant OOC:
In respect to the rules of the Playground, I'm going to have to make the rest of your night off-camera. Suffice it to say Lanakhad will not get much sleep, so you'll need to roll a Fortitude Save in the morning to avoid fatigue.

Lexin
2012-11-23, 04:50 PM
<And just like that Lanakhad passes his time till morning, only from time to time disturbed by Ardt's comment, who always gets back a 'Shut up!' type of answer>

I will wait for others to finish their activities from Day 1 before posting something more.

Jungian
2012-11-23, 06:56 PM
Relevant for DM

In the interest of moving long, I'll assume the meal comes to the room.

William devours the last bits of his sandwich as he makes his way to the Ampitheter. Sims feelings od disappointment reach William even from Sims position in the trunk. He arrives to a strange line as he awaits his turn to pay admission.

inexorabletruth
2012-11-24, 02:57 PM
@William
Your wait in line isn't too long. The price of admission is a copper for the nose bleed section, a silver for the good seats, and a gold piece to be right in front of the action.

A gambling booth is also available, once inside.

The arena looks gladiatorial, except even more psychotic. There are acid pools, lava pools, a gauntlet and wall spikes. The terrain is uneven, with rises for high ground and obstacles for cover. Poor quality melee weapons adorn the walls of the arena for the combatants to grab as a backup weapon in a pinch.

A band plays a wild and violent song as the crowd assembles into the stands.

Jungian
2012-11-24, 03:56 PM
William flips his gold piece for his admission and goes to sit in the nice seats. The air is heavy and stifling with a chaotic mix of strange body odors, spirits, and gore. William take his seat near the field, he notes a couple familiar looking stains on the stone seats.

Oh I have a feeling this will be quite interesting.

He leans back in his seat, watching the amphitheater slowly fill. He keeps his eyes peeled for the site of the Rajah, with a small hope of some ostentatious display of opulence and power.


Spot Checks
Spot Check for Rajah [roll0]
Spot Check for Other Group members [roll1]
Spot Check for interesting events [roll2]

AshesOfOld
2012-11-24, 04:57 PM
((I'll keep things short))

Cron will find some cheaper drink, and lots of it. He will subsequently challenge anyone taller than himself to a drinking contest, loser pays, and...

if he loses:
He's passed out, so he'll hope someone will drag him to bed.

if he wins:
Cron will have a jolly time, find a gambling table, and play until he's either lost or won 40 gp, at which point he'll try and locate a wench willing to knock boots with him. Race not important.

Rolls:
Drinking = fortitude:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Gambling... I have no idea. Pick what you find relevant, I guess.
Bluff: [roll3]
Intimidate: [roll4]
Sense motive: [roll5]
Int: [roll6]
Cha: [roll7]

inexorabletruth
2012-11-26, 05:06 PM
@William:
You arrive a little late to the event, and it looks, based on the blood and bits on the arena ground, that the preliminary events have already occurred. A large wiry plant has a couple of twitching goblins in its cruel looking briars. The goblins are badly torn, and the plants vicious looking thorns, drenched in blood, are pulsing and boring into the wounds, as if sucking the blood out of the carcasses.

The raja is sitting on a seat of honor, surrounded by slaves who cater to his every whim. Next to him is an enormous lizard-like fiend with huge horn-tipped wings and a prehensile tail. They laugh cruelly at the slow suffering of the goblins, before the raja summons the first act.

"Welcome, guests and old friends." The raja booms, through some magic that enhances his voice to be heard in the colosseum. "Too long has this amphitheater been a painful reminder of a lost past. We have long used that pain to fuel our rage, and that rage has given us power. That power has made Ahtakala the most powerful city in Khorvaire!" He raises his arms in triumph as the crowd cheers.

"And now Khorvaire turns to us, the denizens of Ashtakala, for protection... power... leadership." He clenches his fist and draws it close to his heart. "We are honored to be called upon to lead this continent in retaliation against the insurgent forces," he says as he bows his head humbly.

"Today's demonstration celebrates the reconstruction of the Amphitheater of Pain, but more importantly... it represents the horrors that await the enemies of Khorvaire when our full power is unleashed!" The crowd shrieks in sadistic glee.

"Bring out the first group of... noble warriors," he summons with a snide smirk.

A small band of goblins and kobolds come out, holding small stone knives or crude spears who give the horrid looking plant a wide berth. They look terrified and bewildered.

"Brave champions of the arena!" the raja shouts to the pathetic creatures huddling in the arena. "Today is the day you may grab hold of your destiny! Today is the day in which you may show your true mettle! Rejoice! Today, you fight for your freedom!"

Several of the goblins look around for an example of the freedom the raja is speaking of. It is unclear whether or not they're willing to believe him.

"If you possess the strength, cunning and skill to survive the trials of the arena today, you shall, by my royal decree, be made a free citizen of Ashtakala and will be awarded a place of honor within its mighty walls!"

The goblins seem to understand and grin stupidly. The kobolds hiss angrily. The crowd adds their own energy to bolster the goblins and kobolds.

"Now! Face your enemy!"

Small gates open along the walls of the arena and hordes of rat-like monstrosities pour out onto the dirt-and-blood floor, tearing into the goblins who shriek like lost children as they fall to the floor, grasping at missing or shredded limbs.

To their credit, the kobolds manage to form a serviceable defense, constantly retreating to higher ground, poking and slashing at their foes with their crude spears.

A group of goblins flee to the relative safety of the gauntlet. Most of them make it into the gauntlet, but the last one is slammed into the swarm by a large swinging ram. He managed to scream once before his throat was torn out.

The battle doesn't last long... perhaps a minute at most, before the swarms are feasting on the corpses of all but one terrified goblin who had managed to not only get through the gauntlet, but somehow climbed to the top of it where the rats can't get to him. Shivering and blubbering he looks for an escape route, as the rats begin to gnaw at the supports.

"Behold! A lone survivor stands against overwhelming odds!" The raja announces mockingly. "So brave against such a futile struggle. What do you think? Does he deserve some aid?"

The crowd sounds torn in its response. So the raja waits until the gauntlet becomes too stable to stand much longer, then he signals to bring out the next wave... a squad of orcs and bugbears, who charge in just as the gauntlet collapses.

The goblin makes a daring leap at the end of the fall and rolls away from the mass of the rats, to splash into the acid pool beside it. Flailing and screaming, he manages to pull himself out of the pond, only to discover that his legs are too useless from the acid to bear his weight. The rats bear down on him, just a moment before the orcs and bugbears close the distance.

The raja laughs at the sight, as do his slaves and winged friend. "He was so close too!"

Jungian
2012-11-26, 06:14 PM
Longhorn used to tell me of plants that could move on their own. Don't remember him mentioning blood drinking though. He had settled in, wiping some unidentifiable chunk from his seat as looked for anyone serving the crowd. Though his eyes quickly snap to the Raja, as his booming voice feels the amphitheater.

William gives a sour smile as the raja talks about their power fueled by rage and their leadership. When he spoke of driving insurgents from Khorvaire, William couldn't help but cheer with the rest of the fiends. He yells into the crowd, and slightly altering one of Zeek's quotes, "Crush our enemies, see them driven before us, and let us hear the lamentations of their women!"

William looked on curiously as the goblins and kobolds were released into the arena. As the monstrous rats swarm the combatants.

As he watched goblin and kobold fall to the horde, William browed furrowed slightly. Not exactly a fair fight... but memories of his own experiences with goblins began to flood his mind. He remembered attending a funeral for the farmer who had been slain by a group of goblins in his own field, of towns where the ground was stained red and buildings ransacked and burned by a group of horrid goblins. He still could see his own grandfather telling him stories of how kobolds would snatch children who wandered to close to their caves.

A confused smirk spread across his face as he watched the last goblin fall into the acid. That had to sting....

He cheers as the bugbears and orcs cut their way through the rats, That's more like it!

missmvicious
2012-11-28, 02:48 PM
After the Garden of Eternal Torture Sarisha feels she's had enough site seeing. An unpleasant pit has formed in her stomach after seeing Miklatumh, she wasn't the sort to put her neck out to try anything in aid him, but she didn't have to see him either. "Iggy, let's get going." She says quietly and starts heading her way back to the palace.

inexorabletruth
2012-11-29, 12:37 PM
@William:
After several encounters like this, a theme becomes apparent.The raja has stages a series of events that are made to give the gladiators a false sense of hope, and when that hope is at its apex, crushing that hope with fear, pain and despair. The greater the hope, the more horrifying the punishment. With each wave of gladiator slave vs. their tormentors, you can see that many of the fiends are literally feeding off their fear, despair, hatred, or disillusionment.

After several minutes of this horror, they break for an intermission, where the surviving horrors that defeated "insurgents" can break to feed on the entrails of the humanoids they slew, while a spectacular display of magic, music and dance is performed in the air above the arena floor in honor of the raja.

When the fiends finish their feasting, they crawl back into their holes to wait for the next wave of carnage.

Each spectacle is more diabolical than the next. With stronger slave-gladiators comes bigger opponents, bigger numbers, and greater punishments, with breaks in the destruction every 5 minutes or so to reward the fiends with time to clean up the viscera while another opulent display of gratitude towards the raja plays out in the air above the killing floor.

The whole event lasts for an hour, until the raja summons the finale.

You see four huge abominations emerge from an opening in the arena, walking in tandem. Their asymmetrical anatomy makes them look like constructs, and they move with a pronounced and tormented limp. Like most fiends, they have sinewy wings and a long, thin tail. But one arm is thick with corded muscles so pronounced that they tear through the flesh. The other arm, inversely resembles dried and rotting flesh over a gnarled arthritic skeleton. One leg is long and agile, with bird-like joints and talons, while the other leg is thick and powerful like the leg of a giant.

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/ff_gallery/50078.jpg

As they emerge from the opening, you can see that they are carrying long poles, with what appear to be elves tied to them. They appear to be unconscious.

When the lopsided horrors get to the center of the arena, they spear the poles into the ground, which seems to jostle them awake. As the elves stir they look around in fear and horror at the implications of their situation.

"ELVES!" Booms the raja. "Pathetic slaves of Aerenal and would be pretenders to the thrones of the southeastern region of Khorvaire. How convenient," he nearly spews with disdain as he accentuates the word, "Aerenal is so close to the once mighty kingdom of Zilargo. The magic of the elves as long been a mystery to the rest of Eberron. What wizardry did they command to cajole the mountains and sea to swallow what once was the greatest magical city in Khorvaire, perhaps in all the world?"

He points a long, clawed finger at the terrified elves. "The wrath of Khorvaire is upon you! Shudder and wail in your torment! Perhaps, if your suffering appeases us, we will let your people flee to the primitive jungles of your puny homeland."

He turns to the crowd. "Friends... allies in the war against these... criminals! What punishment can I offer that would suit their crime of destroying Zilargo and occupying its regions? Even with all my power, I can not provide a punishment profane enough for the likes of these barbarians."

He lets the crowd howl for blood and vengeance for a little while longer before continuing.

"They call their kind the Undying Army, the Deathless Ones. We shall put these titles to the test, today!"

The massive fiends that carried the elves out retreat with surprising quickness and agility into their caves as an enormous spider-like creature stalks out of the darkness. It's barbed forelegs pierce the ground with a deceptive heaviness, and a mucus-like goo dribbles from it's chitinous mouth as soon as it sees its prey.

Even the crowd shrinks back in horror at the sight of the 2 ton arachnid as it looks around and tastes the air.

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/MM35_gallery/MM35_PG42.jpg

Then, one of the elves makes the mistake of shrieking in fear.

Enraged by the sound, the creature charges forward, tearing into the elf with reckless abandon. Organs and limbs fly free of the helpless elf as she falls to the ground. True to her name, she does not die easily, even as she receives wounds that would've instantly killed a normal human. Her shouts tear through the air for several seconds until her head finally rolls free of her body... silencing her forever. The monster continues its feasting as the other elves appear to pray.

Systematically, the spider demon goes to each elf and continues this macabre display, until nothing is left of the elves but gore and viscera. The crowd watches in sinister silence... the only remaining sound in the arena is the sickly snapping and rending of sinew and bone as the creature enjoys its meal.

When the event is over and the spider creature is herded back into its cage by the four creatures that carried the elves in, the raja stands. "Thank you, one and all, for coming. To those of you who leave on the morrow to salvage the relics of Zilargo, remember who our enemies are. Remember what they have done to your homes. Remember this day, and the punishment that awaits your enemies when at last we can refuel the power of Zilargo's weapons. Let your anger, and this promise of retribution, guide your path, and give you strength when mortal strength fails you. Go with the full support and will of Ashtakala! Bring us the power to win this war and take back the birthright that was ripped from you so unjustly!"

Magical pyrotechnics explode in the sky in a celebratory display with the rajas final words. The cheers go on for several minutes. Even after the raja and his entourage have left. After a while the crowd begins to file out of the arena, accompanied by mixed chatter. Some eager and motivated, others horrified and disgusted, others only wishing there was an encore.

@Sarisha:
You pass by the Amphitheater of Pain on your way to the palace in time to see William filtering out of the stadium.

missmvicious
2012-11-29, 05:56 PM
"William" Sarisha calls out to her new team mate. "How was the show? I opted out to see a few sites of the city."

Jungian
2012-11-30, 01:08 AM
Spoiler for everyone, just a lengthy post:
William fingers tapped impatiently on his seat as he watched the gruesome scenes unfold one after another. Not sporting if there is no actual chance.... As various creatures were quickly dismantled by a new horror, William found he was able to pick out various bits and pieces before the disappeared down the gullet of some abomination. A slight chill moves up his spine as the various fiends seem to feast on the torment of slaves, ...that is not a positive sign of things to come. He watches as slave after slave's very existence is wiped from mortal plane. Nothing but emotional and material food for these things, every last one of us....

William blankly stared at the fantastical display before his eyes. Usually his mind would be buzzing with an urge for details as he drank in the scene like a fine liquor.

Though as the finale began William couldn't help but lean closer to the carnage as the four lumbering stewards came into view. What are they?Are they artificial? What manner of magic is this... His eyes drift to the suspended poles and the sacrifices strung across them. As they drift into consciousness, William couldn't help but mutter, "Just bite your tongues now..."

As the Raja deliver his speech William was simply counting the moments until their demise. He paled as the spider swallowed his view. As the behemoth tore into the elves, William could not avert his eyes.

William eyed the raja as he concluded his oration. As the crowd began to stream toward the exits William's mind raced, Weapons. Why would these things be in need of mortal weapons. Why have them confined themselves to this area at all...Is simply a matter of rational thought or some external force they can't quite control

He gives an involuntary twitch as his name rings in his ears. He raises a somewhat weary hand as he wades through the crowd to greet Sarisha. At her question William replies, "I imagine if you were a healer or an anatomist of some sort if was educational. Otherwise it was rather tedious after a while." He extends a hand in the general direction of the guest quarters, "Have you found lodgings for the evening? The Raja's palace is rather luxurious and space was available. I was about the return to my room to prepare for tomorrow, if you need a guide."

missmvicious
2012-11-30, 06:00 PM
"I'm not sure I've heard displays of combat described as tedious before, that is a bit odd" Sarisha says and with a shrug "I was heading to the Raja's palace, it seems logical to keep us all together though I am a little worried about the numerous adventures there. You don't think it to be a bit dangerous? Of course I don't exactly feel safe in the city at all."

Jungian
2012-11-30, 06:23 PM
As William walks with a smooth gait toward the palace, he chuckles at Sarisha's comment, "There are many words to describe the show, combat would not be one I would use. Combat inherently means both combatants have equal footing , which was certainly not the case." He thought for a second about adventurers being dangerous, before a toothy grin spreads across his face, "I wouldn't be worried about our competitors while in the city, nor any of it's citizens. You would either be incredibly stupid or suicidal to attack another adventurer in the gates. Now once we leave the gates...A barren dangerous waste land is certainly prime for accidents to occur. I imagine it will be a bit brutal, bloody, but not boring. Definitely not boring."

DM

Once within range, William will try to reach Sims with his mind. Can't use words, but a generally feeling of soon, questioning/concern.

missmvicious
2012-11-30, 07:48 PM
Sarisha raises an eyebrow about Wiliam's comments on the arena and decides it best to leave that subject be. "As for the trip to Zilargo I had some time to look at the maps and I have a few thoughts about the route. How are your sea legs?"

inexorabletruth
2012-12-05, 11:48 AM
The night is hot, and a sense of dread haunts your dreams. Still, your night is peaceful enough. Which is to say, you remain unmolested in your sleep, but the ever-present imposition of watchful eyes and eerie sounds tug at your senses. Whether they were unpleasant dreams, paranoia, or very real threats lurking in the corners of your consciousness is a question left unanswered as you awaken early at dawn.

@Sarisha:
You awaken to here the gentle knock of what sounds like a servant trying to bring you breakfast.

@Thor:
The heady sleep-aid that you'd been inhaling all night gave you a deep, dreamless sleep that you awaken from groggily. You notice that the air is clear now, and has been filtered from the room. Your bath has been drawn and a light breakfast of fruit, bread and coffee is being set by your servant. In the light of day, you can see that she is a tiefling. She moves with a silent grace that borders on ghostly.

@Adavarik:
Wandering the city streets, you manage to meander your way back to the rajas palace with the information you've gathered.

You've found services from standard hireling fees to a small fortune.

Of the three demons you had the most interest in, the Ghour was, by far, the most expensive, at 100 gp per person teleported, followed by the Arrow Demon, at a 300 gp deposit and 7 gp per day. Last is the Whisper Demon who will adventure with you for 200 gp plus expenses and rights to the bodies of the fallen.

@Lanakhad:
You awaken to the sight of a languishing succubus rising from her bath. She has a small but noticeable swell in her belly that wasn't there last night.

She stretches and smiles at you wickedly. "Good morning, Lan." She stretches and yawns.

@William:
You wake up to find the room moving. Now it makes more sense what the servant said, if you need anything, just ask the room. The room itself is alive, and everything seems designed to cater to your every need. Your blankets pull clear of you as your wardrobe lumbers heavily towards you, open its cabinet and drawers to present you neatly folded and hung clothes, which you are positive you didn't put away the night before. They smell clean as if someone had washed and dried them while you slept.

Jungian
2012-12-05, 08:14 PM
As the rays of dawn struck William's eye he slowly rose to consciousness.
Will wake up! Will wake up the room is...it's amazing

Sims you don't sleep....I do, five more minutes.

UP UP UP UP!

With his voice William shouts, "FINE! I'm up you stupid egghead." though he quickly shut his mouth and gaped, awestruck by the magic of the room. He quickly exits the bed, watching as the sheets move and clean themselves. Dressing in a flash he says, "Room I would enjoy a breakfast, something hearty. Steak, eggs, a plethora of small hand fruits half tart and half sweet....something red. Oh also a servant knowledgeable about this phenomena."

After a fetching Sims, William relaxes on a plush chair. As an afterthought he adds, "Oh a strong cup of tea, something dark with a twist of lemon,"

A bite of breakfast, and some knowledge then off to adventure.

missmvicious
2012-12-05, 08:28 PM
Iggy is up and by the door when he hears the servant at the door. His eyes bore at the door as if he was willing himself xray vision.
Sarisha stirs and rubs the sleep and eerie feelings from the night away. She drew her arms out to their fullest extent and enjoyed a nice feline stretch from head to tail before answering the door to her room and retrieving her breakfast. She scratched Iggy behind the ear and told him to relax.

Adorable Visual Aid http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/021/e/8/cm__azure_by_avigne102-d4n7bez.jpg
She slipped out of her silk pajamas and into her armor between bites of food. She turned her back for a moment dealing with her shirt being caught in her armor when Iggy struck, at breakfast. In a flash the massive dog had snagged half the food. "Iggy no!" Sarisha scolded and with a sigh she realized how little breakfast she had left now.

Lexin
2012-12-06, 05:39 AM
Lanakhad raises an eyebrow at the sight, trying to remember what happened and where is he. He shakes the sleepiness and raises from the bed, approaching the... woman.
"Good morning." He says quietly, then points at the swell "Care to explain this?" he asks in calm voice, looking around to find his clothes.


I suppose one of the skipped activities would be asking for her name, did she give it?

Croverus
2012-12-06, 08:36 AM
Adavarik waits for the companions he had made the previous evening to finish with their tedious activities to be able to make it through this day. He spends most of that time cleaning his armored body, inspecting multiple times for any damages or blemishes. He would relay the costs of the demons to each companion as they showed, keeping his explanations quick, direct, and objective.

TheEggKing
2012-12-07, 10:04 AM
@Inex: Thor yawns, stretching his arms and back before climbing out of his bed and moving over to the table. With one determined swig he downs the entire cup of coffee and moves to the bath to refresh himself and prepare for the exciting day ahead of him.

After bathing he returns to the table and munches on an apple, roughly planning his day in his head before turning on the bread that had been set out. He grabs a grape and pops it in his mouth as he goes to his luggage and dons his traveling gear and armor. Prepared to face the day now he thanks his servant (tipping her a gold piece), takes an apple for the road and sets out for the city gates, the sound of footsteps and juicy crunches slowly fading into the background of the marketplace bustle.

inexorabletruth
2012-12-08, 02:25 PM
@William:
When you place your order, you see that your reflection in the mirror stops mimicking your moves. After you stop talking, your reflection bows and diminishes to a ghostly image of you that does mimic your moves, then returns in vibrance when you order your tea, bows again, then diminishes. After a few moments of this, the mirror image returns to its full vibrance and mimics your movements like a normal mirror would.

A flame ignites under a glass kettle as a water vessel lifts itself and tips over, pouring its contents into the kettle. Then a small lidded bowl hops up to kettle and drops a pellet into the bowl. As the water warms up, the pellet bursts open to reveal a flower inside. The flower grows until it takes up most of the bottom of the kettle, and the water begins to take on some of the flower's color.

Shortly thereafter, you hear a knock on your door.

A tiny humanoid-shaped creature with spiky horns and bat wings hovers at the door. Its hands and feet are long and slender, with long, claw-tipped digits. Warts cover its greenish skin. The nasty little thing bows submissively and flutters into the room.

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110625211750/forgottenrealms/images/e/e9/Quasit.jpg

"Master has requested a servant knowledgeable about the effects of the room. This is one of the few rooms in this quarter that is actually designated as a guest room. However, most of the time it is reserved as a storage room for various animated objects, but it serves well as a place for our more private guests who do not wish to be disturbed. Everything here is animated to serve your whim, though nothing in this room is capable of speech, therefore affording you all the comforts you require with none of the bother of pestering servants, or unwanted eyes and ears."

He scratches behind his ear for a moment.

"I was also instructed to inform you that breakfast will be up shortly, and that there is a warforged waiting for you in the main hall."

Your breakfast doesn't take much longer to arrive. Even as the servant is leaving the room, the breakfast cart comes rolling in by itself.

@Sarisha:
You finish your breakfast as a note is being passed under your door, stating that a warforged is waiting for you in the main hall.

@Lanakhad:
The succubus smiles serenely. "Your son... or perhaps your daughter. It will make a fine feast tonight, or perhaps a slave. I haven't decided yet. If we're going to start inviting more outsiders to our realm, it could be advantageous to have a little extra help around here," she says as she dries off with a thick towel.

"I ordered some breakfast for you, if you're hungry." She points to a plate with a lid on it and lifts the lid. It has toast, eggs and ham on it, with an orange on the side. "Eat up. The slave who brought it says there's a warforged waiting downstairs for you. He's a big boy. It's a shame they don't build them with all the parts."

@Adavarik:
A servant greets you at the raja's palace where your companions have spent the night. "I'll inform them that you are waiting for them." He says and rushes off.

@Thor:
Before you make it outside, you encounter Adavarik, the Warforged. So far, you two are the only two from your party who are not still in their rooms.

Lexin
2012-12-08, 03:00 PM
Lan looks at her without any emotion.
"That's interesting, I didn't know any other race can have children with mine, except humans."
He thinks about it for a while, using his usual routine defensive powers and continues looking her straight in the eyes.
"I think it is a girl and she would have next to nothing in common with me... and quite a lot with you. In this case I would suggest slavery, it seems to be common for succubi in this city."
He smiles with a hint of cruelty in his eyes and voice.
"Of course, I could be wrong... by some weird accident or because of the magic in this place it might... just might be a boy. In this case I don't think you need to worry about what to do with the child." he says with a wide and fully cruel smile, he walks closer to her, holds her, like if he was about to kiss her and whispers almost affectionately in her ear "If it is a boy, you have only few hours left to live."
He then steps back, as if nothing happened and goes to eat something.
He looks up at her and asks "Do you want some?" he asks politely ... and asks in almost cheerful tone and with a wide smile "It might be your last meal."

Jungian
2012-12-08, 03:51 PM
William chuckles as his image bows to him and wanders off. As the vibrancy returns to the silvered surface, he mutters "There you are you handsome devil, did you deliver my tea request?" Answering his query, the image bows once again while disappearing into the unsubstantial mirror world.

He watches with glee as the kettle began to prepare his tea, he bends over to give the fragrant flowers a sniff as a knock came to the door. He opens it and without a blink greets the smaller fiend

"Ah everything is animated, that is certainly delightful. I wonder if it is true about them incapable of perception...Items often like to pretend they can't but they do infact listen often. Especially stones, busy bodies with nothing better to do than loaf around listening in to private conversations." he glances around a bit as the small fiend informs him of his waiting comrade, " See right there is an example of an item that can both see and hear. Inform him that as soon as I see to my fleshly needs i will join him." as he dismisses the servant and begins closing the door, he briefly pokes his head out into the hall, "Almost forgot, please see that my camel, he is a darker shade and missing a bit of his right ear, is saddled,feed and watered by the time I arrive downstairs."

He turns to the cart with a wolfish gleam in his eyes and savagely devours the meal, often forsaking utensils and favoring his hands. After his meal, William begins putting on his desert attire, perhaps I'll change into armor once out of the city proper. as he goes to put on the airy clothes he erupts with a fit of cursing at the soft pliable clothes. "Ruined a perfectly good treatment of Ironthorn extract with their cleaning. Now I'll have to reapply....idiots."

With a few more curses he brings his belongings to the hall, searching for the warforged and a servant to bring him his steed.

TheEggKing
2012-12-08, 05:07 PM
@Adavarik: "Hmph, I knew those dolts would spend the entire night drinking or wooing prostitutes or what have you and sleep in. At least you don't have to sleep. Though on the other hand, because you don't have to sleep you'd have had no excuse for being late." Thor crosses his arms sullenly, scowling. "I don't suppose any of the others have risen from their stupor to meet you? Or am I, predictably, the first?"

Thor doesn't wait for a response before scowling again, giving a passing imp a particularly stern glare that sends it scurrying. "Addle-brained pinheads" he thinks to himself as he waits for the rest of the party to arrive.

missmvicious
2012-12-08, 07:28 PM
Sarisha heads to the main hall, Iggy in toe and easily spots Adavarik and a rather grumpy looking holy man. "Morning," she greets more to Adavarik then the one that seems to be grumpy in the mornings. "I ordered maps of Khorvaire and Zilargo. They should be ready now, I'll need to stop by the library to get them." She looks at the pair and goes on "Actually since the others haven't arrived yet I'll grab them now, hopefully by the time I return everyone will have roused. I've got some thoughts on the best route to take but no point going over it until we are all together I suppose." And without waiting for much of a response she leads Iggy and heads off in the direction of the library mentally going over various obstacles which they may run into with her desired route to Zilargo.

Jungian
2012-12-09, 12:39 AM
A swish of tail alerts him to Sarisha presence, but only briefly as she whips out the door. He wanders over dragging his trunk with him toward the gleaming warforged and grumpy holy man. In singsong meter William says, "Ah Adavarik, a good morning to you! I'm sure you found a delightful way to while away the hours, perhaps conversing with some flowers. Oh the flowers here...probably blood drinking or flesh devouring."

He sets his trunk down, and fiddles with the lock for a bit before the well crafted trunk lid springs open. He removes a small dark box and opening reveals a velvet interior. He grabs a couple vials from the larger trunk, "Yes some ironthorn extract, keepcool salve, and hmm...sunshade lotion and endurance elixir." The last item he holds up to the light, giving it a swirl, "Lovely...no sediment, perfectly homogenous, beautiful shade of color and no congealing. I must return one day to study with the rashaka...maybe." With that he closes his trunk and sits upon it as he clicks the lock shut. Spotting the grumpy holy man, he stands offering a hand in greeting and begins rattling off in a quick bouncy manner, "I believe we haven't met, the name is William Atwood. I believe your acquaintance told us your name was Thor. He also said you were a man knowledgeable in many scholarly endeavors. Recently I've found myself studying the annals of history. Such a fascinating subject, but endless deep and complex. Perhaps as we travel, we could engage in some historical..eh..stuff."

Croverus
2012-12-09, 02:47 AM
Adavarik stood silently, simply nodding to each person when they greeted him in turn. He found it interesting how despite him being so different from any of them, they treated him with some form of kindness, respect, or at least tolerance they did not so easily afford one another. He waited till all were gathered, standing so still that if not for the occasional turn of his head to look around, one would think the silent sentinel was an empty suit or armor.

TheEggKing
2012-12-09, 04:50 AM
A swish of tail alerts him to Sarisha presence, but only briefly as she whips out the door. He wanders over dragging his trunk with him toward the gleaming warforged and grumpy holy man. In singsong meter William says, "Ah Adavarik, a good morning to you! I'm sure you found a delightful way to while away the hours, perhaps conversing with some flowers. Oh the flowers here...probably blood drinking or flesh devouring."

He sets his trunk down, and fiddles with the lock for a bit before the well crafted trunk lid springs open. He removes a small dark box and opening reveals a velvet interior. He grabs a couple vials from the larger trunk, "Yes some ironthorn extract, keepcool salve, and hmm...sunshade lotion and endurance elixir." The last item he holds up to the light, giving it a swirl, "Lovely...no sediment, perfectly homogenous, beautiful shade of color and no congealing. I must return one day to study with the rashaka...maybe." With that he closes his trunk and sits upon it as he clicks the lock shut. Spotting the grumpy holy man, he stands offering a hand in greeting and begins rattling off in a quick bouncy manner, "I believe we haven't met, the name is William Atwood. I believe your acquaintance told us your name was Thor. He also said you were a man knowledgeable in many scholarly endeavors. Recently I've found myself studying the annals of history. Such a fascinating subject, but endless deep and complex. Perhaps as we travel, we could engage in some historical..eh..stuff."


Thor recoils reflexively, visibly horrified at how much this man is trying to say to him. He quickly regains his composure. "I suppose they couldn't all be the quiet types" he thinks morosely.

He raises an eyebrow at the mention of comparing notes. "Interested in history, are you? I certainly hope you know what you're talking about, I've no patience for sophomoric fools. Especially those that waste my time." He extends a confident hand, shaking William's and smiling tersely. "Though your knowledge of alchemical products seems genuine. Thor Cromwell, worshiper of the Archmage of the Deities."

inexorabletruth
2012-12-10, 02:51 PM
@Lanakhad:
The succubus matches the malevolent smile and dark threat with one of pure arousal. "I've never met a Kalashtar like you. A man such as you belongs here." She accepts the embrace and closes in for a kiss.

"Stay here, and suckle the pleasures that Ashtakala can offer one with such a twisted and pained heart."

Her lips seem full and inviting. You feel as if perhaps one last kiss would be nice, but you also can't shake the idea of staying on here, enjoying the pleasures and luxuries of the last true city in Khorvaire. Compared to the war-torn waste land that surrounds it, this place is an oasis... a dark eden full of seductive beauty, vast wealth, immense power and an endless array of decadence and pleasure.

Roll a Will Save (DC 21)

@Adavarik:
A quick head count reveals that you are two men short: the Half-Orc, Cron, and the Psion. In your time spent during the night, you've been privy to various rumors and gossip. You have significant reason to believe that Cron is dead, eaten in his sleep by demonic rats.

A servant soon joins the group. "If you are prepared to leave immediately, your mounts are waiting outside."

Lexin
2012-12-10, 03:09 PM
Yay! 75% failure chance!
[roll0]
I know we should not post just a roll... but I have no idea how much of compulsion is that, so it is hard to write an IC response.

inexorabletruth
2012-12-10, 03:39 PM
@Lanakhad:
You feel compelled to kiss her. It is everything you had hoped it would be... warm, deep, passionate, sending waves of desire through you.

Just as you are about to pull away and continue on with your day, you feel a strong urge to continue the frolicking. The succubus wraps you up in her arms and pulls you in for a second kiss.

Roll a Fortitude Save (DC 21)
Roll another Will Save (DC 21)

Lexin
2012-12-10, 03:58 PM
Death is coming...
fort
Will [roll1]

Edit: Yay, free from compulsion, but probably with negative level...
Still I will wait, not base my actions on 'probably'...
I will post actions, if something happens to prevent them I would edit the post or something like that...
I am acting on assumption that I just got 1 negative level.

Lanakhad shakes, walking away from her.
"This wasn't nice..."
He says and throws a small, white ball at her.

Entangling Ectoplasm
[roll]1d20+3 touch attack
Edit 3:
And it hits (unless it is unusual succubus)
Entangle for 5 rounds
(and my main concern - concentration rolls for her SLA) DC 15+ spell level

Croverus
2012-12-10, 05:17 PM
"As soon as the Scion arrives, we shall go. The porcine-faced fellow will not be joining us." With that he rolls his shoulders and makes his way towards the stables, moving along slowly to give the other a chance to talk before they catch up.

inexorabletruth
2012-12-10, 07:11 PM
@Lanakhad:
You pass your will save, but take a negative level.

You hear the succubus begging you to return to her as you shut the door behind you.

When you make it to the main hall, you find most of the group has already assembled.

You see Lanakhad entering the main hall.

TheEggKing
2012-12-11, 12:47 AM
@Lanakhad: Thor frowns upon seeing the psion. "Had a lively night, did we? You certainly took your time joining us."

missmvicious
2012-12-11, 02:24 AM
Sarisha makes it back to the palace just in time to see the group making their way to the stables. "Trying to leave with out me are ya?" She asks with a breezy tone as she catches up to them. "I take it that means that you have a plan better then wandering through the waste lands then?"

Lexin
2012-12-11, 04:52 AM
@Lanakhad: Thor frowns upon seeing the psion. "Had a lively night, did we? You certainly took your time joining us."

"Sorry about it, I had a nice encounter with a demon who sucked away part of my soul, so it took me a bit to catch up to all of you." he says cheerfully and adds "And how was your evening?"

After pretending to think for a few minutes
"By the way, did you, by chance, see any cleric or healer capable of using high level restoration magic?
... I kind of would like to get my life force back..."

Then he calms down a little and turns to Thor saying:
"Unless you would be willing to prepare some spells to help me overcome this... condition. *pause* "I would be in your debt." he says, his tone serious.

Jungian
2012-12-11, 10:06 AM
William watches the psion as he approaches. Sitting silently for a moment William listens before muttering to himself, "Nice soul draining ...?" He pauses for a minute before a click of recognition snaps through his mind. With a little bit of a lewd grin he says, "Oh that had to interesting. Of course you get that room, I get a room with fairy tale worthy enchantments. Next time will trade. Try to shake it off though, don't want to be weakened in the desert. " He stands up, "With the lovely Ms.Sarisha joining us, we are now one short of a collection. Has anyone seen Cron, he shouldn't be to difficult to miss." he stretches a bit loosening up his muscles for the riding ahead, "Sarisha, I believe you asked about sea legs....I forgot the rest."

TheEggKing
2012-12-12, 06:33 AM
Sarisha makes it back to the palace just in time to see the group making their way to the stables. "Trying to leave with out me are ya?" She asks with a breezy tone as she catches up to them. "I take it that means that you have a plan better then wandering through the waste lands then?"

Thor turns away from Lanakhad briefly, looking at Sarisha. "I am in the middle of talking to our afflicted psion, whelp. Besides, pay attention, only one of our number has moved towards the stables. If you're only this aware of your surroundings then maybe it's best if we send you home with a pat on the head and saucer of milk", ending his comment with a sneer.



"Sorry about it, I had a nice encounter with a demon who sucked away part of my soul, so it took me a bit to catch up to all of you." he says cheerfully and adds "And how was your evening?"

After pretending to think for a few minutes
"By the way, did you, by chance, see any cleric or healer capable of using high level restoration magic?
... I kind of would like to get my life force back..."

Then he calms down a little and turns to Thor saying:
"Unless you would be willing to prepare some spells to help me overcome this... condition. *pause* "I would be in your debt." he says, his tone serious.

Thor then turns back to the psion, listening patiently as the psion describes his encounter. When he's finished the holy man crosses his arms, putting his hand on his chin. "Had part of your soul sucked away? It sounds like your night was more dangerous than rowdy. As for getting you back into shape... Thor closes his eyes in thought. "I'll see what I can do. I have yet to prepare my arcana today so you're in luck. I can best help you if I know the cause of your situation. You said a demon sucked away part of your soul during the night. Do you know what kind? What the manner of the attack was? Any specifics you can provide me will aid me in aiding you."

Roll to see if I can remember the best spells to use on energy drain (which I imagine is Knowledge: Arcana but I can roll something else if asked): [roll0]
Will make my roll OOC when I get word back from Inex on specifics

missmvicious
2012-12-14, 03:35 AM
I assumed you would all be moving since Croverus said he was trying to lead y'all to the stables.

Sarisha's eyes widen with suprise at the rude holy men, "Well I may enjoy a nice night in I sincerely doubt you would make it very far without me." she thinks to herself glaring at the back of Thor's head as he tends to the psion. Her tail gives an irritated flick and she pulls out the map she had made of Khorvair.

"I got us something that I think will come in handy." She says waving the rolled map in their direction. "I have a few ideas about how we can get to our destination, come and I'll show you." She steps to a nearby table and unfurls the map and looks at the team waiting for them to join her round the table.

Lexin
2012-12-14, 04:35 AM
Lanakhad sighs painfully, rolls his eyes, walks closer to Thor and whispers.
"Succubus."
...That should be enough explanation for the scholar...

[To Lan] 'I told you so!'
[To Ardt] 'You had to say that."
[To Lan] 'Yup!'

TheEggKing
2012-12-14, 08:01 AM
I assumed you would all be moving since Croverus said he was trying to lead y'all to the stables.

Sarisha's eyes widen with suprise at the rude holy men, "Well I may enjoy a nice night in I sincerely doubt you would make it very far without me." she thinks to herself glaring at the back of Thor's head as he tends to the psion. Her tail gives an irritated flick and she pulls out the map she had made of Khorvair.

"I got us something that I think will come in handy." She says waving the rolled map in their direction. "I have a few ideas about how we can get to our destination, come and I'll show you." She steps to a nearby table and unfurls the map and looks at the team waiting for them to join her round the table.

Thor sighs in frustration, kneading his forehead as he turns back to the feminine feline. "You just called for us all to look at the map, then called for us all to follow the warforged, then now you call for the warforged to return so we can look at the map. This all while I'm trying to aid our psion. Be patient and focus, child. As soon as I'm finished with what I already told you I'm in the middle of dealing with I will come and discuss strategy with you. Or would you prefer our psion's affliction to be permanent, possibly even lethal depending on what the cause was?" Thor turns back to Lanakhad without waiting for a response.



Lanakhad sighs painfully, rolls his eyes, walks closer to Thor and whispers.
"Succubus."
...That should be enough explanation for the scholar...

[To Lan] 'I told you so!'
[To Ardt] 'You had to say that."
[To Lan] 'Yup!'

Thor doesn't say anything at the information, though his eyebrows shoot up in surprise. "Of all the demons in Ashtakala..." he says, but then adopts an understanding expression. "Ah well, if any of them were going to charm you, I suppose it'd be that one. The best spell for this would be Restoration, but it is far beyond the scope of most so-called 'mages' in Khorvaire and admittedly even beyond my considerable scope. Give me a moment to think on the best alternative course of action."

Knowledge: Arcana for Energy Drain treatment:[roll0]
Will follow with more resulting from roll result

missmvicious
2012-12-16, 07:06 AM
"Called you to follow the warforged? I see its true that those mixed up in magic are mad, you appear to be hearing things that are not there. While you deal with the psion's condition let the rest of us go over the rout to Khorvaire. Best not to dwell in this city, lest more of the party become afflicted." Sarisha says in a bored to Thor.

Everyone
I'm gonna assume I called you all over to look at this map well enough that you are now near me and looking at the map. I don't want us stuck in Ashtakala for another month. Will change the post if someone just has to dilly dally though.

"Now the best way I can figure to go about getting to Zilargo is going to be taking the Scions Sound straight through the center of Khorvair." Sarisha runs her finger down the main blue tendril cutting Khorvair nearly in two. "If we take it and the winds favor us the whole sound should only take two weeks, then we'd be in Breland which is just a hop skip and jump from Zilago." she indicates a trip along the Brey River and shooting south between the Howling Peaks and the Seawall Mountains. "I suppose the only tricky part has been deciding between trying to cross Eldeen Bay or try crossing the Icehorn Mountains, Eldeen Reaches and Aundair."

TheEggKing
2012-12-16, 04:58 PM
Thor waves off the catfolk's prattling, lost in thought. "Let's see... succubi... known for being able to drain one's life energy with merely a kiss, using natural endowment and enchantment to weaken the will of would-be suitors. Hmm..." He taps his finger on his chin as he thinks, eyes unfocused as he considers the nature of the succubi's draining effect. "Victims of succubi often get better or worse, depending on the victim's overall constitution, twenty-four hours after the initial affliction. Though I don't have the ability to cast Restoration, I could likely aid the psion by increasing his physical fitness and help his body overcome the effects of the succubi's kiss. It wouldn't be surefire... but it's probably his best bet given my currently limited means."

The holy man walks over to the table that the party is gathered around, tapping Lanakhad on the shoulder to get his attention. "I believe I have a plan for curing you, but it must wait until almost twenty-four hours from the moment of the initial attack. You would do well to remind me tomorrow should I somehow forget. And remember, the best way to help you is to go to work just before the twenty-four hour mark. After that time, even if just by moments, I cannot help you."

Lexin
2012-12-19, 07:51 AM
"I will trust you on that in this case. Thank you." says Lanakhad to Thor.

He turns to Sarisha "I must say that I don't know much of these lands, so I suppose I would need to rely on your expertise in this matter..."

Jungian
2012-12-19, 09:19 AM
William looks around, "I guess Cron...Crum...the big guy either ran off, is dead, or was devoured." He looks at the map while listening to Sarisha lay out the various paths. "I have no idea which path would be best. Though I once thought of being a cartographer, but alchemy seemed much more interesting. These decision are best left to intuition, So I vote...for crossing the mountains, reaches and Aundair. The bay seems like we are ripe for something to sink the boat."

He sits down as he waits for the group decisions, tapping his fingers in a rhythm as he mumbles,

Incoming poem



"Wild and wide are my borders, stern as death is my sway;
From my ruthless throne I have ruled alone for a million years and a day;
Hugging my mighty treasure, waiting for man to come,
Till he swept like a turbid torrent, and after him swept -- the scum.
The pallid pimp of the dead-line, the enervate of the pen,
One by one I weeded them out, for all that I sought was -- Men.
One by one I dismayed them, frighting them sore with my glooms;
One by one I betrayed them unto my manifold dooms.
Drowned them like rats in my rivers, starved them like curs on my plains,
Rotted the flesh that was left them, poisoned the blood in their veins;
Burst with my winter upon them, searing forever their sight,
Lashed them with fungus-white faces, whimpering wild in the night;

Excerpt of Law Of the Yukon R.W. Service

Croverus
2012-12-19, 09:45 AM
"We should travel by land. It is safest, and I will be best suited for such a journey. It is too bad none of you are like me, we could make the journey in half the time. And you would not have run afoul of whatever it is that ails you." He speaks with his back to the group, looking out towards the city gates. His voice is loud enough for them to hear clearly, and the last comment is directed at Lan. He does not seem to move as he speaks, and any who watch him intently enough realize it is because eh doesn't pretend to breath or fidget. He does not to attempt to emulate any of the minor motions that some of his kind try to do to pass as a living being. If he weren't speaking and they had just noticed him, they could mistake him for an ornate suit of arms.

missmvicious
2012-12-19, 10:13 AM
Sarisha entertains a thought for a moment before dismissing it as probably quite offensive and turns to the group. "By land it is, probably best to steer clear of the Lair of the Keeper anyway. William did you end up getting your thing in case of sand storms?"

Jungian
2012-12-19, 11:50 PM
William brow raise a fraction of an inch at Sarisha's question, "My what?"
Sims a little help?
Sand tube stick in the ground, ride out the sandstorm.

After the brief exchange he says, "Oh sand tube, stick in the ground ride out the storm in relative comfort. No, but the shop wasn't far. On our way out the gates, it would be a momentary stop...probably. As our good friend, Adavarik, mentioned he is better suited for land travel, forced marches, sandstorms, rainstorms, infernal heat...staring contests. But the rest of us tender meated blood sausages would be ground to bits in a demon waste sandstorm. So perhaps we should delight a local vendor with our group business. Bulk purchasing is favorable for haggling."

inexorabletruth
2012-12-22, 03:41 PM
With the group decided, you head to a merchant cart hosted by a grubby little monster. His look is dark and unsavory. His eyes shift constantly, and when he smiles at your approach, it is unclear if he is greeting you or mocking you.

"Running a bit late, are we?" His voice is nasally and he talks fast, but it sounds human. "Most of the other outsiders have left already. I assume you've come to purchase some traveling wares. I'm nearly out of stock, but I can show you my catalog if you'd like. What is it you need?"

Jungian
2012-12-24, 10:32 PM
Taking initiative William briskly approaches delivering his own brilliant toothy smile, " Maybe a bit tardy, but late? Perhaps whatever ferocious beast or blood thristy sellsword that crawl through the lands will have sated their hunger with our punctual competitors. Now as for your wares, we are in need of sandtubes for our quest? NO! Mission, wait expedition, journey, trek, errand? One of those. Now you have done your business with most of the outsiders, correct? I expect most wont return. So I'll tell you what. We wil buy the remaining tubes, completely clear out your stock. Free up the shelf space for whatever. In return you give us 30% off, Good?" Whether through William's haggling prowess or sheer bewilderment, the nasty creature silently fetches the wares. William stacks the tender on the cart's bench before snatching the tubes and returning to the group. He tosses one to each, "If you find yourself uneasy about sleeping in the ground, just call it pratice for when we are dead, excluding those not susceptible to mortal limits of course.." He swings himself onto Cameron, and with a swift click of heels starts the beast toward the gates.

Sims in a quivering voice thinks, I suppose only if we don't end up pinned beneath a rock, in the belly of a beast, crushed in unfathomable depths, or whatever else lies between us and our goal

A ball of sunshine aren't you.

inexorabletruth
2012-12-30, 03:03 AM
Following the map Sarisha picked up at the Library, you estimate that you will take your first steps on the base of the Icehorn on your fifth day.

Heading south by southeast, you step into the withered badlands of The Demon Wastes, into the the shearing sandstorms and hellish smolder of volcanic crags. The gates of Ashtakala close behind you, and as it does, your gear returns to normal. Taking on the travel worn appearance it had before you arrived at the gate. The sand storm thickens, irritating your mounts and causing them to scream and kick. Then, only a few moments later, the storm subsides and Ashtakala is nowhere to be found.

Progress is slow at first, against the blistering heat, trackless land, and constant detours to avoid the river and springs of lava that bleed out from the earth, and everything around you has an ominous sense of foreboding that would make any man jittery with paranoia:

Shadows that seem longer than the landscape it trails.
Gurgling or hissing sounds that could be boiling lava, or could be some creature drooling at the sight of fresh meat.
Pebbles skittering off stone.

Rolls to Make:
Survival Check to avoid getting lost
Spot & Listen Check
3 Fortitude Saves vs Heat
Anything else you feel might help. :smallamused:

Croverus
2012-12-30, 06:51 AM
Survival check to avoid getting lost (shouldn't be a big deal since I'm not taking the lead: [roll0]
Spot Check: [roll1]
Listen Check: [roll2]
And I am immune to nonlethal damage and fatigue so unless the heat is doing lethal levels of damage I don't need to make the rolls for that. :smallcool:


Adavarik follows whoever seems to have the best idea where the group is going. He doesn't pay much attention to their surrounding, but the heat do not seem to bother him at all. His lack of a mount means he probably trails at the back of the group, but he makes up for his speed with determination, not once pausing to rest unless they are stopping as a group.

TheEggKing
2012-12-30, 07:57 AM
Thor squints against the sun, looking around at the parched landscape as the motley crew travels. Journal log in hand, he begins updating the log on his travels as well as several fascinating new ideas he had when thinking about the succubi's kiss. His head is buried in his journal as he absent-mindedly plods along with the rest of the group, keeping his focus despite the sandy terrain and implacable heat.

By the way Inex, how much time exactly are these rolls supposed to represent? Are we fast-forwarding or is this all for the first day of travel? Either way, my rolls are as follows:
Survival: [roll0]
Spot: [roll1]
Listen: [roll2]
Thor is still under the effects of his extended Endure Elements as is his mule so I don't think I need to make the Fort saves. The next time he has to prepare his spells is when he'll need to renew it or suffer the heat.

Jungian
2012-12-30, 12:05 PM
William was enraptured by Ashtakala's disappearance, but soon his mind turned back to the road ahead. As the group transversed the desert, William couldn't help but toss a few scraps of cloth into the red rivers. He watched the cloth burn to ash in seconds and sink into the viscous liquid.

To no person in particular he mumbles, "I guess the lava shows the land is alive." As they continue, William keeps a sharp eye out and his ears open for anything suspicious.

Rolls:


[roll0]: A Spot
[roll1]: A Listen
[roll2]: Survival
[roll3]: Knowledge History for the base of the icehorn/icehorn in general

Fortitude rolls: not quite sure how the desert outfit mechanic is suppose to be enacted. It increase my heat protection by one step.
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

missmvicious
2012-12-30, 09:51 PM
Survival Check to avoid getting lost [roll0]
Spot [roll1]
Listen Check [roll2]
3 Fortitude Saves vs Heat [roll3] [roll4] [roll5]
Knowledge Geography to anticipate obstacles coming up [roll6] not sure if there is any aid from using the map too.
Iggy's Spot [roll7] and Listen [roll8]
His saves Fort against heat [roll9] [roll10] [roll11]
I knew I'd fail my Fort saves >_<

Sarisha carefully studied the map while they avoided the various unexpected obstacles. The heat was rough on her and she considered taking off the armor to help deal with the oven she was feeling wrapped in.

As the group marched on for some time all, apparently lost in their own thoughts Sarisha watched. After some time to consider it she finally spoke up "You know if we are to fight together against the dangers ahead it might help if we knew how we all fought, and what we do outside of combat that would be helpful." She said looking from one member of the party to another. "I mean I have heard of you all before but that hardly makes us a good team. If we came across a group of goblins or something and they hadn't noticed us how would you deal with it? Or what if they got the drop on us? Anyone have any fun tricks for that?"

TheEggKing
2012-12-31, 02:42 AM
Survival Check to avoid getting lost [roll0]
Spot [roll1]
Listen Check [roll2]
3 Fortitude Saves vs Heat [roll3] [roll4] [roll5]
Knowledge Geography to anticipate obstacles coming up [roll6] not sure if there is any aid from using the map too.
Iggy's Spot [roll7] and Listen [roll8]
His saves Fort against heat [roll9] [roll10] [roll11]
I knew I'd fail my Fort saves >_<

Sarisha carefully studied the map while they avoided the various unexpected obstacles. The heat was rough on her and she considered taking off the armor to help deal with the oven she was feeling wrapped in.

As the group marched on for some time all, apparently lost in their own thoughts Sarisha watched. After some time to consider it she finally spoke up "You know if we are to fight together against the dangers ahead it might help if we knew how we all fought, and what we do outside of combat that would be helpful." She said looking from one member of the party to another. "I mean I have heard of you all before but that hardly makes us a good team. If we came across a group of goblins or something and they hadn't noticed us how would you deal with it? Or what if they got the drop on us? Anyone have any fun tricks for that?"


Thor looks up from his book as the diminutive catwoman speaks. He listens to what she says, nodding sagely. "That is the first sensible thing I've heard you say." Closing his book and holding it at his side he gestures to the gently glowing talisman around his neck. "I am a holy man living a life of devout service to Boccob the Uncaring and am likely the best living spellcaster on this continent, though I admit that the great magi of olden days far outshined me in terms of arcane might. I have a great many spells that involve magic or items blessed with magic such as their detection or identification. I also, of course, possess the healer's touch that is common of priests. Outside of my considerable magical power I am also well educated in both arcana and world history, easily making me the most valuable person here by my reckoning. Other than that I am technically proficient with both mace and crossbow though I prefer to wield my magic before wielding my morningstar." He holds up the book in his hand, smiling. "I'm also an amateur bookmaker. Though I doubt the usefulness of that in Zilargo, I suppose stranger things have happened." He then turns and gestures towards his mule. "And this is my mule, Boccob. He has served me faithfully," says Thor, pausing to glance at William. "And quietly since I set out from Breland." With that he turns back to face the group expectantly.

Jungian
2012-12-31, 01:52 PM
William smiles at Thor's snide comment about being quiet, giving him a small wink in return. He lets go of Cameron's reigns, stretching for a moment before saying, "Unlike his Holiness, I am not a spellcaster. Though I won't claim to be completely powerless. Outside of fighting I have a silver tongue; I can deceive, manipulate, and persuade others as needed. Which is useful in the right context. I also am a semi-accomplished alchemist. I can make most of the common tinctures and mixtures, and a few of the more complex ones."

He takes a moment to fiddle with the clasp of his vial container before continuing, "In combat I'm not necessarily the strongest, most durable, the quickness or the most clever. While I'm not the best, I am certainly not the least. One of my greatest strength is also my greatest weakness, my balance. I am a bit of acrobat, which helps me move around in combat. I'm also handy with a crossbow."

He lifts his morningstar in view of his comrades. The many scratches on the dirty crystal weapon catch the light, shining like incandescent spider webs. "Though I am at my best with my morningstar, Sharur. It packs a wallop and is quite good at crushing all manner of beast or man...Though perhaps my greatest attribute is that I am difficult to kill. I can keep fighting on and on if I plan accordingly. As for how I fight...If I saw goblins, I would first try to disorient them, focusing on leadership or heavy hitters, with my alchemical items. I would then wade in and smash goblin skulls until the threat is a fine pâté." William closes his eyes for a moment as if savoring the thought,, "Yep that would be William Atwood."

Lexin
2013-01-01, 01:31 PM
Lanakhad follows after others, thinking mostly about his own predicaments... mistakes of the past. ... and plans for the future.
He brightens up a little when moving to the second part.

... he also leaves the whole 'looking around for danger' to others...

Survival Check to avoid getting lost
[roll0]
Spot & Listen Check
[roll1]
[roll2]
3 Fortitude Saves vs Heat
[roll3] +1 vs dehydration
[roll4] +1 vs dehydration
[roll5] +1 vs dehydration

inexorabletruth
2013-01-01, 04:41 PM
:smallfrown: This belongs in the OOC thread... but it has a lot of dice rolls in it. I'm just going to leave it here. I'm sorry.

@Jungian:
Sandstorm pg 12 says you don't have to make a Fort Save in this temperature, thanks to your Desert Outfit.


Hot: In this temperature band, unprotected characters must make successful Fortitude saving throws each hour (DC 15, +1 for each previous check) or take 1d4 points of nonlethal damage. Characters wearing heavy clothing or any kind of armor take -4 penalties on their saves.
Characters whose protection against heat is at least level 1 (such as from the Heat Endurance feat or carrying a parasol) are safe at this temperature range and need not make the save).

Right now, the temperature is between 90 and 109 F, so any level 1 heat resistance equipment or spell prevents you from needing to roll a save.

Your camel, regardless of which type you purchased, has the Endurance feat and therefore gets a +4 bonus to saves vs. heat, which counterbalances the penalty for wearing the barding, but your camel's fort save will vary from +5 to +8 depending on which camel you purchased. Please settle on a camel and adjust your gold.

Since you didn't pick any mounted combat feats, I'm going to assume you didn't want to purchase a warcamel. Will go with the 2-hump stats for now, because they have the second best Fort Save.

DC 15/Result 19: Pass
DC 16/Result 7: [roll0] nonlethal
DC 17/Result 17: Pass

@missmvicious:
Sarisha's results and damage
DC 15/Result 4: [roll1] nonlethal
DC 16/Result 4: [roll2] nonlethal
DC 17/Result 9: [roll3] nonlethal

Iggy's Results:
DC 15/Result 22: Pass
DC 16/Result 14: [roll4] nonlethal
DC 17/Result 9: [roll5] nonlethal

@Lexin:
DC 15/Result 18: Pass
DC 16/Result 13: [roll6] nonlethal
DC 17/Result 12: [roll7] nonlethal

Warhorses have the Endurance feat too.
Warhorse, Light Fort Saves
DC 15/Result 16: Pass
DC 16/Result 10: [roll8] nonlethal
DC 17/Result 25: Pass

More later. I have an important phone call to make.

inexorabletruth
2013-01-01, 09:06 PM
@Sarisha and William:
You notice that some of the lava from one of the lava streams behind you have risen and seems to be taking shape. At first it looks like a boiling bubble that hasn't quite popped, but you begin to realize that it's moving unnaturally, as if guided by a form of sentience.

A more thorough inspection reveals that there are several, close to a dozen, of them boiling and oozing their way onto solid land. The first one to take shape is about 5 feet tall, with a pitiable human shaped head that's twisted in a mindless expression of agony. It's torso is mostly featureless, with two claw-like limbs clinging to the sides of it's melted and sagging body. The fully formed one is about 35 ft behind you and doesn't seem like the fast moving kind, but there are others taking shape to your left and right flank.

http://images.wikia.com/forgottenrealms/images/e/e0/3.5e_lemure.jpg

Jungian
2013-01-01, 11:46 PM
William wheels Cameron around to stare with interest at congealing lava, "Your Holiness care to bless us with your wordly wisdom as to what these creatures are? Are they creatures? Are they some sort of uh..embodiment of nature seems to be apt." He clicks his heels brining Cameron to his knees and gracefully hops off the beast landing on the balls of his feet.

He gently lifts his morningstar from his waist and slowly approaches the blobs. He angles himself to avoid being trapped by the growing force, and leaving a clear line of retreat toward the group.

Will wait

Sims cries go unheeded as William slowly approaches, "They seem harmless enough...probably shouldn't cuddle them your Holiness. Even though we know what a softy you are."

He gets to within 10 feet of the leading one and in a quiet tone ask, "hmm..Are you alive? I wonder what constitutes a fatal blow? You really have only a head. Well we will find out, 12 is more than enough to answer that question."

He raises his voice, "I don't know about the rest of you, but I rather not have these things gather more of their kind. 12 seems manageable, 120 not as much. Should we engage them? I wouldn't mind shaking the rust off."

DM

I want to ready an action, if the blobs attack I want to activate defensive precognition. Don't know if I can make it complex, I think I'm limited to a standard action, but retreat 10ft backwards to the group.

TheEggKing
2013-01-02, 04:52 AM
William wheels Cameron around to stare with interest at congealing lava, "Your Holiness care to bless us with your wordly wisdom as to what these creatures are? Are they creatures? Are they some sort of uh..embodiment of nature seems to be apt." He clicks his heels brining Cameron to his knees and gracefully hops off the beast landing on the balls of his feet.

He gently lifts his morningstar from his waist and slowly approaches the blobs. He angles himself to avoid being trapped by the growing force, and leaving a clear line of retreat toward the group.

Will wait

Sims cries go unheeded as William slowly approaches, "They seem harmless enough...probably shouldn't cuddle them your Holiness. Even though we know what a softy you are."

He gets to within 10 feet of the leading one and in a quiet tone ask, "hmm..Are you alive? I wonder what constitutes a fatal blow? You really have only a head. Well we will find out, 12 is more than enough to answer that question."

He raises his voice, "I don't know about the rest of you, but I rather not have these things gather more of their kind. 12 seems manageable, 120 not as much. Should we engage them? I wouldn't mind shaking the rust off."

DM

I want to ready an action, if the blobs attack I want to activate defensive precognition. Don't know if I can make it complex, I think I'm limited to a standard action, but retreat 10ft backwards to the group.


"What are you babbling abou-"" says Thor before finally noticing the mob of diminutive creatures surrounding the party. "Uhh..." he says uneasily, brain firing into action as he gently draws his morningstar and shield.

Knowledge (The planes) to identify the creature: [roll0]
Knowledge (Arcana) in case it can help at all: [roll1]
Will edit post after getting results info from Inex

Croverus
2013-01-02, 06:52 AM
Adavarik turns and seeing the creatures he wordlessly draws his sword, it's surface catching the light and shining, and his shield sliding into place smoothly. He doesn't know what these creatures are, but if they live in these lava fields, they can't possibly be friendly. He moves to position himself between the creatures and the rest of this group.


Initiative [roll0]
Moving to intercept the largest group of the creatures

missmvicious
2013-01-02, 11:16 PM
Sarisha, feeling very drained by the long trek cautiously pulls out her bow and knocks a pair of arrows, keeping a wary eye on the developing creatures. She is quite keen to keep a good distance between her fragile flesh and the fiery foes. "Iggy guard me okay" she commands.

TheEggKing
2013-01-03, 01:25 AM
After freezing for a moment Thor's mind suddenly kicked into action and he begins talking rapidly. "These are Lemures! Yes, I remember now, pathetic demons summoned from Baator that are common to the Demon Wastes. They were used as swarming fodder in the last war. They're generally very easy to control if you possess some psychic or telepathic ability, meaning our psions might be able to convince them not to attack and even possibly command them. The alternative is that they shall rush us en masse with the intent to kill us all." Thor pauses, thinking hard about the implications of such a large group of Lemures. "The problem though is that these are usually summoned creatures, which means that they're either rogue demons left behind after the war or being controlled by something more powerful nearby. Psions, each of you try to assert control over half of them. If they don't listen then we will likely need to run!"

inexorabletruth
2013-01-03, 02:14 AM
One of the Lemures wriggles up toward William, with an expression of pure anguish and grief, and strains its formless body until it can look you in the eye the way an old starving dog would look at its master who was holding food.

Several of the others have taken form and are beginning to close in on the group.

Battle? Grid:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/50887717/AMadWorld/BattleGrid1.jpg

Jungian
2013-01-04, 02:49 AM
The morningstar rolled in William's palm as he listen to Thor explanation. The instant Thor finishes speaking William says, "Lemures...". His grip tightens as he raises the morningstar to shoulder level.

Now for my next question.

A small light flickers in the mace as William twist, whipping the spiked ball towards the crudely formed head of the lemure. Using the momentum of his weapon, William twist nimbly through the air towards Sarisha and the rest of the group.



DM

Attack: [roll0]
Spending Two Pp to prime it
Damage [roll1] + [roll2]

Tumble Check was 15, tumblefrom L5 to L8
Just updating pp 15, 13 remaining

inexorabletruth
2013-01-04, 01:00 PM
With a rubbery thud, the mace bounces off the Lemures fleshy torso. Its anguished face turns to one of menace and hatred as it reaches out to grab at you.

The rest of the Lemures adopt a similar expression of wrath, but no sound emanates from their mouths.

Sarisha, you're up.

missmvicious
2013-01-04, 02:28 PM
Sarisha sees William attack one of the creatures and nods, knowing that their first battle as a team has begun. She steps carefully around Iggy lining up her first strike. Confident in the perfect shot she lets the pair of arrows fly.

Moving to k7 then to j7, meaning I moved ten feet.
Attack Roll [roll0]!
Damage [roll1]!
Skirmish Damage (if applicable) [roll2]!

inexorabletruth
2013-01-04, 03:36 PM
Two arrows thud into Lemure2's (B7) torso. It looks down at the wounds with a confusion that halts its rage. It reaches for the arrows, then just leans forward, its misshapen head resting limply on its chest, dying.

Lemure9 (U12) surges toward Thor, claws outstretched, while Lemure3 creeps toward Sarisha.

Lemure 12 (D15) closes in on Pacifist, slashing at the horses legs with raking claws, but narrowly misses.

Lanakhad, you're up.

Init Order:

William
Sarisha
Lemure9
Lemure3
Lemure12
Lanakhad
Lemure2 -8 hp
Lemure5
Iggy
Thor
Lemure10
Cameron
Lemure11
Lemure8
Adavari
Pacifist
Lemure6
Lemure4
Lemure1
Lemure7


Technical Details:
Lemure2 is Dying
Lemure9: Move T12 to Q12, Move Q12 to M12
Lemure3: Move C3 to G5, Move G5 to I6
Lemure12: Move, Attack 13 vs FF (Miss)

Lexin
2013-01-04, 03:46 PM
"We are attacked by an army of mindless... blobs...
I guess we won't be the topic of any bard's ballad for the time being..." says Lanakhad, with slight irony and throws a short, crystal arrow towards one of the Lemure.


Manifesting Overchanelled Crystal Shard
Touch Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

inexorabletruth
2013-01-04, 04:53 PM
Lemure12 (H15) shudders against the impact of the crystal arrow, then goes limp, standing still, with arms dangling by his side.

Lemure5 (R4) charges up on Adavarik and slaps futilely at his adamantine body.

As per Miss's request, posting for Iggy:
Iggy growls and moves to intercept Lemure3 (I6) as it approaches, leaping onto it and tearing at its throat! The crushing jaw barely manages to break the creatures flesh, but the fiend flails wildly, wholly distracted by the frenzied assault of fur and fang.


Move: Shift J8 to I7
Attack (Grapple):
AoO: 8 (Miss)
Melee Touch Attack: 22 (Hit)
Opposed Grapple: 13 vs 8
Damage: 6
Maintain Grapple: Free move to I6

Thor, your up.

Technical Details
Lemure2: Saving throw (1-10) 54
Lemure5: Move (Charge) to P6, Attack (16), (AC -2)

Initiative:

William
Sarisha
Lemure9
Lemure3 9 hp
Lemure12 -5 hp
Lanakhad
Lemure2 -9 hp
Lemure5 -2 AC
Iggy
Thor
Lemure10
Cameron
Lemure11
Lemure8
Adavari
Pacifist
Lemure6
Lemure4
Lemure1
Lemure7[/SPOILER]

TheEggKing
2013-01-04, 06:34 PM
"Wait, what are you doing? That's not what I-" Realization that the group has ignored his strategy dawns on him suddenly. Knowing it futile to start a shouting match in the midst of combat, Thor sizes up the Lemure approaching him. "Well, I suppose this is why I brought a morningstar." He moves to meet it carefully and with a yell brings the bludgeoning device to bear in a downward swing, hoping to crush the pathetic outsider.

I'm taking a five foot adjustment towards the Lemure at M12 before attacking
Attack Roll: [roll0]
Damage Roll: [roll1]

inexorabletruth
2013-01-08, 12:14 AM
Thor's mace bounces off the lemure's body with a rubbery thud. The lemure's body shudders from the impact, but it seems barely phased by the attack.

Lemure10 charges in towards Thor, grasping out with its claw-like appendages.

Cameron the Camel is up.

Technical:
Lemure10: Double Move (V13:N13)

Initiative:
William
Sarisha
Lemure9
Lemure3 9 hp
Lemure12 -5 hp
Lanakhad
Lemure2 -9 hp
Lemure5 -2 AC
Iggy
Thor
Lemure10
Cameron
Lemure11
Lemure8
Adavari
Pacifist
Lemure6
Lemure4
Lemure1
Lemure7

Jungian
2013-01-14, 07:15 PM
William whistles two short burst in the midst of battle. Cameron snorts as his hooves strike the ground. Small clouds of dust mark where Cameron had been, as he takes position by William's side.


Cameron with a move action to L/M 6 and 7.

Not sure if I can actual use action as Cameron, I'll bring up my concerns in the OOC.

inexorabletruth
2013-01-14, 08:56 PM
Lemure11 creeps forward, clawing at Lanakhad's warhorse, and flails wildly at its legs, but once again Pacifist is too fast for the clumsy assailants.

On the other side of the battlefield, Lemure8 engages Adavarik, punching hard to find a weakness in his Platinum armor, but the fleshy fist just rebounds off Adavarik's hard plating like a mallet off a gong.

Next up:
Adavarik, then Pacifist

Technical Details:
Lemure11: Move (Charge C14:I14) Attack (11) vs. Pacifist
Lemure8: Move (O3:O5), Attack (18)

Battle Grid:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/50887717/AMadWorld/BattleGrid1.jpg

Initiative:

William
Sarisha
Lemure9
Lemure3 9 hp
Lemure12 -5 hp
Lanakhad
Lemure2 -9 hp
Lemure5 -2 AC, 1 Round
Iggy
Thor
Lemure10
Cameron
Lemure11 -2 AC, 1 Round
Lemure8
Adavarik
Pacifist
Lemure6
Lemure4
Lemure1
Lemure7

Croverus
2013-01-14, 09:25 PM
Adavarik maintains his stance, striking at the Lemure that just tried to hit him. His blade misses the creature. He doesn't have much of a reaction to having missed.


Using Combat Expertise to have -2 attack for +2 armor. AC is currently 22.
Attack Lemure8 [roll0] Damage(silver) [roll1]
If Crit: Confirm [roll2] and crit damage [roll3]

Of course I miss... a whole week of waiting and I miss... ****ing a man...

Lexin
2013-01-15, 04:34 AM
Lanakhad moves in the saddle, trying to direct Pacifist to squash one of the Lemures.


Fight with warhorse (DC 10) [roll0]

Double Hoof attack!

Attack - Lemure 11 [roll1]
Damage [roll2]

Attack - Lemure 11 [roll3]
Damage [roll4]

inexorabletruth
2013-01-15, 04:41 PM
Lemure8 flails away and narrowly avoid Adavarik's mighty swing.

Meanwhile, Cameron has a bit more luck against the clumsy creatures, landing two crushing hooves against the rubbery flesh. It's expression from one of anguish and rage to irritation and it's tongue lolls from it's mouth as it glares at Cameron.

Lemure6 charges at Adavarik, swinging wildly with its claws, as Lemure4 closes in for a swing.

Adavarik:
Lemure4 provoke's an AoO, you may attack if you chose.

Surging in from the far reaches of the battlefield, Lemure1 charges forward with feral ferocity, clawing at William's face, leaving deep gashes on his cheeks. Joining in on the assault, Lemure7 whips into a frenzy, unleashing his full fury at William, swiping low at William's hip, then coming up high at his jaw. Although the hip shot connects solidly with a smacking thud, the uppercut flies wide and only grazes William.

William:
You take 5 damage from the combined attacks.

William, you're up.

Technical Details:
Lemure6: Move (Charge T2:P5), Attack (6)
Lemure4: Move (U4:Q4), Move (Q4:N6), Provoke's AoO
Lemure1: Move (Charge C5:K5), Attack (18), Damage (3)
Lemure7: Full Attack (19, 13), Damage (2)

Initiative:

William 16 hp
Sarisha
Lemure9
Lemure3 7 hp
Lanakhad
Lemure5 -2 AC (1 Round), Flanking +2
Iggy
Thor
Lemure10
Cameron
Lemure11 -2 AC (1 Round) hp 7
Lemure8
Adavarik
Pacifist
Lemure6 -2 AC (1 Round)
Lemure4 Flanking +2
Lemure1 -2 AC (1 Round)
Lemure7


Out of Initiative (Dying or Unconscious)

Lemure12 Dying -5 hp
Lemure2 Dying -9 hp

Croverus
2013-01-15, 06:27 PM
Attack of opportunity woot!
[roll2] for [roll1]
if Crit: [roll0] for [roll3]

inexorabletruth
2013-01-15, 06:57 PM
Adavarik's sword slices through the Lemure's body like warm butter. The expression on its face is one of pure surprise as it slumps over, its lifeblood pouring from the deadly gash.

Adavarik:
You now realize that your sword is unusually effective against these creatures.

Everyone Else:
Roll a spot check

Jungian
2013-01-15, 08:06 PM
The lemure's relentless and savage attack surprised William. In the past, William would rely on his opponents tells, a flick of the eyes or a shift in weight, to avoid the imcoming blow. The lemures lack of features slowed his reaction. He was a second late as one lemure's claws gashed his face and an another his hip.

William grits his teeth as the wound in his side sears. Matching the ferocity of his opponent, William whips his mace through the air at the monster to his left.

DM

Spending 2 pp, 10 remaining

Attack lemure in K5
attack roll [roll0]
Damage [roll1] + [roll2]

I'll be optimistic,
Critical confirmation [roll3]
Damage [roll4]

Spot check [roll5]

missmvicious
2013-01-16, 03:43 AM
Spot [roll0]!
Attack [roll1]!
Confirm Crit [roll2]!
Damage [roll3]!
Crit Damage [roll4]!
Skirmish Damage [roll5]!


Sarisha takes several steps back from Iggy and the grappled lemure stringing another arrow. Careful not to hit her precious pup she releases another arrow at the lemure.

inexorabletruth
2013-01-16, 05:23 AM
William's mace smacks Lemure1 with a rubbery thud.

Sarisha's arrow misses its mark and glances off Iggy's side, shearing off a tuft of fur as it flies by.

Lemure9 unleashes his wrath at Thor, tearing at him with reckless abandon. Both swipes tear at his torso. The first one is clumsy and easily deflected, but the second swipe comes in too fast and hard, tearing in low, just under the breastplate.

Lemure3 slaps at Iggy with an open hand, trying to tear into its thick coat. It rakes into the fur, drawing a trail of blood along Iggy's right flank.

Thor:
You receive 3 damage.

Iggy:
Receives 2 damage.

Lanakhad, you're up.

Technical Details:
Sarisha's Random Roll, Firing into Grapple: 1-50 (54%)
Lemure9: Full Attack (6, 21) Damage (3)
Lemure3: Attack (17) Damage (2)

Initiative:

William 16 hp
Sarisha
Lemure9
Lemure3 7 hp
Lanakhad
Lemure5 -2 AC (1 Round), Flanking +2
Iggy 11 hp
Thor 14 hp
Lemure10
Cameron
Lemure11 -2 AC (1 Round) hp 7
Lemure8
Adavarik
Pacifist
Lemure6 -2 AC (1 Round)
Lemure4 Dying -2
Lemure1 -2 AC (1 Round) 4 hp
Lemure7

Lexin
2013-01-16, 05:50 AM
Lanakhad concentrates once again and throws crystal shard at the nearest, moving enemy.

Spot [roll0]
3pp crystal shard
Attack (Lemure 11?) [roll1]
Damage [roll2]

inexorabletruth
2013-01-16, 02:16 PM
The crystal shard pelts Lemure11, digging in with a thick sounding thud. Lemure11 looks down at it and slaps the shard off him, but a good sized gash is left where the spike once was. Lemure11 is looking a little wobbly, but he presses on with no concern for his own well being.

Lemure5 slaps angrily at Adavarik's armor, the first hit finds a weak spot and scratches away, only to find more adamantine underneath.

Iggy Pup is up.

Technical Details
Lemure5: Full Attack (21, 16) Damage (2) vs. DR 2


Initiative:

William 16 hp
Sarisha
Lemure9
Lemure3 7 hp
Lanakhad
Lemure5
Iggy 11 hp
Thor 14 hp
Lemure10
Cameron
Lemure11 -2 AC (1 Round) hp 2
Lemure8
Adavarik
Pacifist
Lemure6 -2 AC (1 Round)
Lemure1 -2 AC (1 Round) 4 hp
Lemure7


Out of Initiative (Dying or Unconscious)

Lemure12 Dying -5 hp
Lemure2 Dying/Critical -9 hp
Lemure4 Dying -2 hp

missmvicious
2013-01-16, 03:20 PM
Iggy Pup bites furiously at his grappled lemure, his teeth searching for a weak spot to tear into.


Maintaining his grapple [roll0]
His bite attack [roll1]
Damage [roll2]

inexorabletruth
2013-01-17, 12:17 AM
Iggy shreds into Lemure3, which scowls angrily in response. Lemure3 is starting to look a little rough.

Initiative:

William 16 hp
Sarisha
Lemure9
Lemure3 4 hp
Lanakhad
Lemure5
Iggy 11 hp
Thor 14 hp
Lemure10
Cameron
Lemure11 -2 AC (1 Round) hp 2
Lemure8
Adavarik +2AC, -2 Attack (1 Round)
Pacifist
Lemure6 -2 AC (1 Round)
Lemure1 -2 AC (1 Round) 4 hp
Lemure7


Out of Initiative (Dying or Unconscious)

Lemure12 Dying -5 hp
Lemure2 Dying/Critical -9 hp
Lemure4 Dying -2 hp

TheEggKing
2013-01-17, 05:00 PM
Thor grits his teeth at the pain, pushing through it because he knows he has to. He brings up his shield, peering over the edge as he swings his morningstar at the wretched creature before him.

I'll be fighting defensively this round, giving me -4 on all attacks but a +2 dodge bonus til my next turn.

Attacking the Lemure at M12 again: [roll0]
Damage: Yeah right

inexorabletruth
2013-01-17, 10:44 PM
Lemure9 shrugs away Thor's swing as Lemure10 wades in for a strike, but his scratching swipe rebounds off the shield with a loud thud.

Cameron the Camel is up.

Technical Details:
Lemure10: Move (N13:M13) Attack: 10

Initiative:

William 16 hp
Sarisha
Lemure9
Lemure3 4 hp
Lanakhad
Lemure5
Iggy 11 hp
Thor +2 AC, -4 Attack (1 Round) 14 hp
Lemure10
Cameron
Lemure11 -2 AC (1 Round) hp 2
Lemure8
Adavarik +2AC, -2 Attack (1 Round)
Pacifist
Lemure6 -2 AC (1 Round)
Lemure1 -2 AC (1 Round) 4 hp
Lemure7


Out of Initiative (Dying or Unconscious)

Lemure12 Dying -5 hp
Lemure2 Dying/Critical -9 hp
Lemure4 Dying -2 hp

Jungian
2013-01-17, 11:42 PM
William's eyes flick right toward Adavarik.
Seems alright though he is swarmed

He bring his eyes back to his foes, and he shares a brief exchange of thought with Sims.

What's the situation behind me?

Sims responds instantly, The dog is on a lemure to our back left, Sarisha is directly behind and clear of enemies. Grumpy is fighting but I can't see how many, he is mostly defending. We should shore up the back side, so if the swarm around metal man moves they won't get behind us.

William risk a turn and whistles shrilly. As Cameron's head snaps to his master William points toward Thor shouting "Defend!" before whipping back around.

Cameron, just listen to me. You are a camel not a mule.


Handle Animal: Defend:20DC (virtually has no shot, but might as well try) [roll0]

That's a stinger

inexorabletruth
2013-01-18, 02:22 AM
Cameron lets out an exotic roar and charges up to the closest Lemure that is attacking Thor, thrashing at it to knock it away from Thor. The Lemure attempts to counter, but his wild slaps fall soft on the thick hide barding that Cameron is wearing, and the vile creature is knocked back in a barrage of knees and hooves.

Thor:
You get an AoO against the Lemure that was knocked back.

Lemure11 slaps at Lanakhad's thigh, then again at Pacifist's flank. Both strikes glance harmlessly off their intended target.

Lemure8 oozes next to Lemure4's dying body, shoving it aside to get a better angle at Adavarik's weak spots. He finds a seam in Adavarik's powerful defenses, and digs in with raking claws to minimal effect.

Adavarik:
You receive 1 damage.

Adavarik, you're up.

Technical Details:
Cameron: Move (Charge/Bull Rush I9,J10:M11, N12)
Lemure9: AoO (19)
Cameron: STR Check: 27
Lemure9: Autofail, Move (M12:N13)
Lemure11: Full Attack (17,4)
Lemure8: Move (Shift), Full Attack (23, 13) Damage (3) vs. DR 2

Initiative:

William 16 hp
Sarisha
Lemure9
Lemure3 4 hp
Lanakhad
Lemure5 Flanking +2
Iggy 11 hp
Thor +2 AC, -4 Attack (1 Round) 14 hp
Lemure10
Cameron
Lemure11 hp 2
Lemure8 Flanking +2
Adavarik +2AC, -2 Attack (1 Round) 36 hp
Pacifist
Lemure6 -2 AC (1 Round)
Lemure1 -2 AC (1 Round) 4 hp
Lemure7


Out of Initiative (Dying or Unconscious)

Lemure12 Dying -5 hp
Lemure2 Dying/Critical -9 hp
Lemure4 Dying -2 hp

Croverus
2013-01-18, 03:02 AM
Adavarik looks down at the scratch that the Lemure left behind. He maintains his stance and slashes in retaliation, following through with his blade to strike at others in case he drops this one as well.

I forgot I have Cleave, I should have made an additional attack when i dropped that first Lemure. Oh well.

Maintain Combat Expertise, +2 AC, -2 Attack

Attack Lemure8 [roll2] for [roll1] silver damage
If Crit: confirm [roll0] and do an extra [roll3] silver damage

If the Lemure dies, I cleave into the next one
Attack [roll4] for [roll5] silver damage
If Crit: confirm [roll6] and do an extra [roll7] silver damage

Lexin
2013-01-18, 04:27 AM
...And Lanakhad encourages Pacifist to fight once again!

Fight with warhorse (DC 10) [roll0] Fail

Double Hoof attack!

Attack - Lemure 11 [roll1]
Damage [roll2]

Attack - Lemure 11 [roll3]
Damage [roll4]

inexorabletruth
2013-01-18, 01:54 PM
Adavarik's sword tears through Lemure8 with deadly efficiency. The blade digs deep into the fleshy body of the nearly formless creature, but with evil determination, the creature carries on, baring the garish wound like a badge.

Pacifist whinnies and snorts, but is unwilling to strike hoof to the grotesque creature flailing at its legs.

Lemure6 swipes at Adavarik's fearsome sword, hoping to knock it away, but can't get a good grip. He instead swings a wild strike at Adavarik's midsection, but is thrown off balance by the struggle against the sword and misses by a wide margin.

Adavarik:
This is a disarm attempt. You may take your AoO.

Lemure1 flails at William like two windmills facing back-to-back, hoping to scratch his eyes out with the frantic assault. The first strike lands hard on the face, but the second strike only clips his shoulder.

William:
You take 4 damage

Lemure7 shifts into a better position, jamming one fist into Williams ribs, and the other rakes futily against his chain shirt.

William:
You take 3 damage

Lemure12 wobbles a bit, and begins to apply pressure to its wounds, while Lemure2 finally stops bleeding. Its pain-wrenched face looks up to Adavarik with grim determination, but in its weakened condition can do nothing to attack. Lemure4 clutches at its wounds and glares evilly at both Adavarik and the other Lemure that shoved it aside. The battle is over for these three, but they live to fight another day.

William, you're up.


Technical Details:

Lemure6 Full Attack + Disarm: [Prov AoO, Attack (5, Autofail)] Attack (Nat 1)
Lemure1 Full Attack: (18, 9) Damage (4)
Lemure7 Shift (L4:M5, Flanking) Full Attack: (15, 9) Damage (3)


Initiative:
William 9 hp
Sarisha
Lemure9
Lemure3 4 hp
Lanakhad
Lemure5 Flanking +2
Iggy 11 hp
Thor +2 AC, -4 Attack (1 Round) 14 hp
Lemure10
Cameron
Lemure11 2 hp
Lemure8 Flanking +2, 3 hp
Adavarik +2AC, -2 Attack (1 Round) 36 hp
Pacifist
Lemure6
Lemure1 Flanking +2 4 hp
Lemure7 Flanking +2

Out of Initiative (Dying or Unconscious)
Lemure12 Stable -5 hp
Lemure2 Stable/Critical -9 hp
Lemure4 Stable -2 hp

TheEggKing
2013-01-18, 07:08 PM
Taking my AoO now.

Thor never thought he'd be happy to see an angry camel. The charging beast distracted one of the horrible creatures and Thor seized his chance to sneak in a swing of the morningstar.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: Fuhgeddaboudit

Jungian
2013-01-19, 12:15 PM
William cringes as the his wounds throb. They are shredding me, I underestimated the blobs. He had to take a risk. He does a crossing step minimizing the area that the lemure on his right could strike. He shouts out pointing to the blob on his upper right, "Sarisha they are weak against silver! Take it out."

Sarisha
pointing to lemure in M5

William limbs shake a bit from the loss of blood. As he digs into his subconscious Jacob's words float in his mind, William unlike myself you can muster power from your primal emotions, surpassing your natural abilities. Power like that comes with risk, failure will leave you vulnerable to attack.

William finds his burning center and feels a rush of euphoria that brushes aside his pain and fear. In its wake is nothing but a desire to rend flesh and break bone, regardless of the cost to his body.

He feels his power wash through his body, cleansing him of his pain and soothing his aching muscles. Refreshed he bellows, "Come!"

DM

5-foot step to K6

Manifesting Vigor with 4 points
3 pp (remaining 8) and a +1 wild surge
[roll0] failure on 1-5 (no whammy)
Concentration check for AoO from lemure in K5
[roll1] DC is 11 + damage if the AoO hits

That should be an success.

inexorabletruth
2013-01-19, 12:56 PM
Lemure1 swipes out at William with a sidelong chop, raking against his torso and leaving bleeding claw marks along his chest. Some of the wounds close up though even as the damage is dealt thanks to Williams powerful psychic energies.

William:
You take 3 damage.

Technical Details:
Lemure1 and Lemure7 lose Flanking bonus
Lemure1 AoO: (19) Damage (3)

Initiative:

William 10 hp
Sarisha
Lemure9
Lemure3 4 hp
Lanakhad
Lemure5 Flanking +2
Iggy 11 hp
Thor +2 AC, -4 Attack (1 Round) 14 hp
Lemure10
Cameron
Lemure11 2 hp
Lemure8 Flanking +2, 3 hp
Adavarik +2AC, -2 Attack (1 Round) 36 hp
Pacifist
Lemure6
Lemure1 4 hp
Lemure7

missmvicious
2013-01-19, 02:40 PM
"Silver, eh, well this would be a great time for silver tipped arrows, to bad I don't have those right now." Sarisha thinks to herself after William shared that bit of knowledge. She then nocks another two arrows and lets them fly at the lemure William pointed out.


Attack [roll0]
Arrow 1 Damage [roll1]
Arrow 2 Damage [roll2]
No skirmish damage this time :smallfrown:

inexorabletruth
2013-01-19, 05:39 PM
Sarisha's first arrow thuds into Lemure7's neck. It vibrates like it hit the trunk of a tree, but the tip has buried itself to the barb. The second arrow comes screaming in a split second behind, crashing into the reeling Lemure. It doesn't dig as deep as the first, but the damage is done. Blood pours freely from the twin wounds and the Lemure seems too preoccupied with its grisly wounds fight.

Lemure9 tears at Cameron's ribs, one clawed hand bounces harmlessly off the hide barding, but the second hand strikes true, digging into the ribs and digging long trenches along Cameron's side. Cameron roars in pain and spits at the Lemure.

@William:
Cameron takes 4 damage.
The DC for Handle Animal is increased to 12. The wound looks nasty, but Cameron is hardy and seems otherwise fine.

Lemure3 presses its claws against Iggy's throat and tries to tear the life out of him, but Iggy's hide is just too thick.

Adavarik's sword shears through Lemure6, leaving it reeling from the impact as blood gushes freely from the wound. How the creature is still breathing is anyone's guess.

Lanakhad, you're up.

Technical Details:
Lemure9: Attack (10, 21) vs. AC 19; Damage (4)
Lemure3: Attack (6, 10)

Initiative:

William 10 hp
Sarisha
Lemure9
Lemure3 4 hp
Lanakhad
Lemure5 Flanking +2
Iggy 11 hp
Thor +2 AC, -4 Attack (1 Round) 14 hp
Lemure10
Cameron 30 hp
Lemure11 2 hp
Lemure8 Flanking +2, 3 hp
Adavarik +2AC, -2 Attack (1 Round) 36 hp
Pacifist
Lemure6 1 hp
Lemure1 4 hp
Lemure7 Disabled 0 hp


Battle Grid:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/50887717/AMadWorld/BattleGrid1.jpg

Croverus
2013-01-20, 12:16 AM
Adavarik does not appreciate the Lemure trying to take his weapon and slashes at its face.


Attack: [roll2] for [roll1] silver damage.
If crit: [roll0]confirm for [roll3] extra silver damage.

Lexin
2013-01-20, 04:37 AM
Lanakhad sees that enemies near him are already close to death and tries to help others.

Crystal Shard at the Lemure in M13
Attack (touch) [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

And ride, to see if Pacifist moves this turn
(DC 10) [roll2]

inexorabletruth
2013-01-20, 11:31 AM
Lemure11 lashes out at Lanakhad as he looks away to engage Lemure10, scratching his thigh with its sharp nails, but Lanakhad's strike flies true, smacking into the back of Lemure10 with a meaty thud.

Lanakhad:
You take 1 damage

Lemure5 presses in on Adavarik with a wild and unfocused fury. His first strike swings wide and overbalances him on the next swing which bounces futilely off his armor.

Technical Details:
Lemure11: AoO: (19) Damage: (1)
Lemure5: Full Attack (1, 14)

Iggy is up.

Initiative:
William 10 hp
Sarisha
Lemure9
Lemure3 4 hp
Lanakhad 14 hp
Lemure5 Flanking +2
Iggy 11 hp
Thor +2 AC, -4 Attack (1 Round) 14 hp
Lemure10 6 hp
Cameron 30 hp
Lemure11 2 hp
Lemure8 Flanking +2, 3 hp
Adavarik +2AC, -2 Attack (1 Round) 36 hp
Pacifist
Lemure6 1 hp
Lemure1 4 hp
Lemure7 Disabled 0 hp

missmvicious
2013-01-21, 12:55 AM
Technical things I hope I did this right, grapple things are still confusing to me
Maintaining Grapple [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Handle Animal [roll2]

Sarish looks to Iggy who was still wrestling with the lemure and calls him back to her. Iggy doesn't listen though as he fights tooth and nail with the vile creature, fighting to defend his master.

TheEggKing
2013-01-22, 06:34 PM
Thor begins to realize the effectiveness (or lack thereof) of his strikes. Holding his shield in front of him he looks around quickly to see if his teammates are faring any better.

Spot check: [roll0]

TheEggKing
2013-01-22, 06:45 PM
After a brief check of the team Thor can tell that William isn't looking healthy but he doesn't want to abandon Cameron or Lanakhad to the Lemures he's fighting. He decides to try another swing of the morningstar to see if he can get a lucky strike on the fleshy beings.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

inexorabletruth
2013-01-23, 01:09 PM
Iggy thrashes at the Lemure, but the two seem locked in a stalemate.

Thor's mace strikes true, slamming into the top of the Lemure's head. It looks up at the strike with inquisitive eyes. As Thor withdraws the mace for another swing, you can see that, even with the direct hit, there isn't a single bruise or scrape to show for it.

Lemure10 hammers away at Thor, sending a left/right jab to the ribs.

Thor:
You take 2 damage.

Cameron hammers away at his Lemure, rearing up high and bringing his two massive hooves to bare. One hoof smacks into the chest of the nasty creature, sliding it back a few inches, but doing no other apparent harm. The second hoof misses entirely. Cameron brays angrily and snaps at the little monster with his large crooked teeth, but the attack goes wide as the lemure shrinks back, dodging the clumsy strike.

Lemure11 swings furiously at Pacifist, but cannot break through the warhorses defenses.

Lemure8 slams into Adavarik with a right-handed swipe, scratching hard against the mighty armor, but still to no avail. Again, it retorts with a left-handed spear-like jab, hoping to pierce the grooves and openings of his formidable defenses. Its fingers dig into a gap in the armor and find a hold to rip and tear.

Adavarik:
You take 2 damage.

Adavarik, you're up.


Technical Details:
Lemure10: Full Attack: (19, 21) Damage (1,1)
Cameron: Full Attack: (21,8,5) Damage (5 vs. DR?)
Lemure11: Full Attack: (5,8)
Lemure8: Full Attack: (19, 22) Damge (4 vs DR 2)

Initiative:
William 10 hp
Sarisha
Lemure9
Lemure3 4 hp
Lanakhad 14 hp
Lemure5 Flanking +2
Iggy 11 hp
Thor 12 hp
Lemure10 6 hp
Cameron 30 hp
Lemure11 2 hp
Lemure8 Flanking +2, 3 hp
Adavarik +2AC, -2 Attack (1 Round) 34 hp
Pacifist
Lemure6 1 hp
Lemure1 4 hp
Lemure7 Disabled 0 hp

Croverus
2013-01-23, 02:14 PM
Adavarik grows frustrated by them finding gaps in his armor despite his best efforts. He stops his combat stance and instead sacrifices his accuracy to put some brute strength behind his downward slash at the Lemure that had injured him.

Power attacking (-2 Attack roll, +2 damage), AC is no longer at +2
Target: Lemure8
Attack: [roll0] for [roll1] silver damage.
If crit: [roll2] confirm for [roll3] extra silver damage.

Lexin
2013-01-23, 02:18 PM
Pacifist attacks the closest Lemure once again.


Hoof-attacking Lemure11

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Attack [roll2]
Damage [roll3]

inexorabletruth
2013-01-23, 11:35 PM
Lemure8 shudders in pain as Adavarik's mighty sword shears through flesh and bone. Dark and vile lifeblood oozes from the creature's ruined form. It struggles to keep its insides from spilling out as its eyes slowly begin to close.

Lemure11's head snaps back from the impact of the twin strike of Pacifists hooves. As its pain-twisted face lolls back into position, it spits out a few loosened teeth. Lemure11 looks a little dizzy and is covered in bruises. It seems like the pathetic creature could drop any second.

Lemure6 adjusts to get a better angle at Adavarik's hamstring, then swipes low, hoping to drop the mighty warrior, but yet again his grasping hands merely slap ineffectively at the thick armor.

Lemure1 unleashes another savage assault at William. The first strike comes in hard towards William's face, but William deflects the strike at the last moment. The second is a weak glancing blow that William can easily dodge.

Lemure7, guided by a savage hatred that overrides any sense of self-preservation the witless creature may have, drags his half-dead carcass towards the whirling death of Adavarik's sword. Lunging outward with a last desperate strike, Lemure7 swings frantically with both arms, then collapses, falling face first into the obsidian laced dirt.

William, you're up.

Technical Details:
Lemure6: Move (Shift to O5), Attack (6)
Lemure1: Full Attack (13, 4)
Lemure7: Shift to N5, Full Attack (8, Nat 1)
Stabilizing Rolls (1-10): Lemure7 23
Lemure7 is Out of Initiative

Initiative:
William 10 hp
Sarisha
Lemure9
Lemure3 4 hp
Lanakhad 14 hp
Lemure5 Flanking +2
Iggy 11 hp
Thor 12 hp
Lemure10 6 hp
Cameron 30 hp
Lemure11 1 hp
Lemure8 Dying -6 hp
Adavarik -2 Atk, +2 Dmg (1 Round) 34 hp
Pacifist
Lemure6 1 hp
Lemure1 4 hp

Out of Initiative (Dying or Unconscious)
Lemure7 Dying -2 hp
Lemure12 Stable -5 hp
Lemure2 Stable/Critical -9 hp
Lemure4 Stable -2 hp

Jungian
2013-01-24, 06:49 PM
William swings his morningstar at the lemure's head. This is repetitive...Ill smack him, he'll blink, then try to claw me to death..ugh.. I hoped for i dont know something like acid or explosions...but at least Adavarik was able to slice one in half. Almost in half

Sims speaks up, You know these lemure's keep on fighting till they die. Admirable in a way, a pity in another


[roll0] attack
Spending 2 pp 6 remaining
[roll1] damage + [roll2]

Critical confirmation
[roll3]
[roll4]

inexorabletruth
2013-01-25, 12:40 PM
William's morningstar slams home, smashing Lemure1 across the temple, and causing its eyes to roll in its head. It wobbles dizzily from the brutal assault, but by some supernatural force of will manages to remain aright. Blood trickles from its nose and ear however, and it looks like it could topple over at any second.

Sarisha, you're up.

Initiative:
William 10 hp
Sarisha
Lemure9
Lemure3 4 hp
Lanakhad 14 hp
Lemure5
Iggy 11 hp
Thor 12 hp
Lemure10 6 hp
Cameron 30 hp
Lemure11 1 hp
Adavarik -2 Atk, +2 Dmg (1 Round) 34 hp
Pacifist
Lemure6 1 hp
Lemure1 Disabled 0 hp

Out of Initiative (Dying or Unconscious)
Lemure7 Dying -2 hp
Lemure12 Stable -5 hp
Lemure2 Stable/Critical -9 hp
Lemure4 Stable -2 hp
Lemure8 Dying -6 hp

missmvicious
2013-01-25, 06:08 PM
Moving to P9, shooting the lemure next to Cameron
Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Skirmish Damage [roll2]
Confirm Crit [roll3]
Crit Damage [roll4]

Sarisha decides to put a little extra space between herself and the lemures nearest her, taking a quick look around she sees a pair off by the camel and steps in there (since Adaverik seems to has his **** together). She swiftly moves to line up an advantages shot and sends an arrow at the lemure.

inexorabletruth
2013-01-26, 11:05 AM
Sarisha's arrowhead smacks into the thick chest of Lemure9, imbedding itself hard into the creatures ribs. The Lemure rips out the arrow, snapping it, and drops it to the ground.

Lemure9 looks to the source of the new threat, and shuffles over to get a better look while thrashing at Cameron. He strikes hard at Cameron's ribs, scratching with left and right hands, but Cameron's armor repels the assault.

Lemure3 struggles helplessly against Iggy's vice-like grip.

Lanakhad, you're up.

Technical Details:
Lemure9: Move (Shift N13:O12), Full Attack (17, 15)
Lemure3: Opposed Grapple (10, 0)

Initiative:
William 10 hp
Sarisha
Lemure9 6 hp
Lemure3 4 hp
Lanakhad 14 hp
Lemure5
Iggy 11 hp
Thor 12 hp
Lemure10 6 hp
Cameron 30 hp
Lemure11 1 hp
Adavarik -2 Atk, +2 Dmg (1 Round) 34 hp
Pacifist
Lemure6 1 hp
Lemure1 Disabled 0 hp

Lexin
2013-01-26, 11:46 AM
Lanakhad throws a crystal shard once again, trying to help Thor... so he could repay the favor later...


M13 Lemure

Crystal shard
Touch Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

inexorabletruth
2013-01-26, 05:06 PM
Lemure11 takes another wild swipe as Lanakhad launches his crystals toward Lemure10, but the attack goes wide.

Lemure5 sneaks around behind Adavarik, hoping to find a weakness. He jabs with his left, then comes in hard with his right, slamming into the back of Adavarik's knee. But Adavarik's mighty armor absorbs most of the damage.

Adavarik:
You take 1 damage.

Iggy is up.

Technical Details:
Lemure11: AoO (12)
Lemure5: Move (Shift P6:O7) Attack (8,23) Damage (3 vs. DR2)

Damage Report:
Looking Relatively Unharmed:
Lemure9 (O12), Lemure5 (O7), Lemure10 (M13)

Looking Roughed Up:
Lemure3 (I6)

Looking Like They're About to Drop:
Lemure11 (H14), Lemure6 (O5), Lemure1 (K5)

Initiative:
William 10 hp
Sarisha
Lemure9 6 hp
Lemure3 4 hp
Lanakhad 14 hp
Lemure5 Flanking +2 Atk
Iggy 11 hp
Thor 12 hp
Lemure10 6 hp
Cameron 30 hp
Lemure11 1 hp
Adavarik -2 Atk, +2 Dmg (1 Round) 33 hp
Pacifist
Lemure6 Flanking +2 Atk 1 hp
Lemure1 Disabled 0 hp

missmvicious
2013-01-27, 09:36 PM
Iggy continues his fight against the lemure.

Grapple [roll0]
Bite attack [roll1]

inexorabletruth
2013-01-28, 03:24 AM
The Lemure and Iggy struggle for life in what seems like a bone-shaking stalemate of attack and defend. Iggy snaps at the lemure, but it manages to hold back the gnashing teeth with an outstretched hand against the mighty dog's throat.

TheEggKing
2013-01-28, 08:22 PM
Thor sighs in frustration, knowing that his following action will likely have little effect but not able to think of a better alternative.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
Attacking the Lemure at M13, by the way

inexorabletruth
2013-01-29, 04:13 AM
Thor's mace smacks into Lemure10's torso, causing the creature to double over in pain. It comes up furious, and with a huge angry welt to show for the attack.

Lemure10 retorts with a savage flurry of scratching claws. His first strike rebounds against Thor's shield. The second strike comes in low toward the solar plexus, tearing through his defenses and scouring a minor wound.

Thor:
You take 1 damage

Cameron's turn.

Tech Det:
Lemure10: Full Attack (8, 20) Damage (1)

Initiative:
William 10 hp
Sarisha
Lemure9 6 hp
Lemure3 4 hp
Lanakhad 14 hp
Lemure5 Flanking +2 Atk
Iggy 11 hp
Thor 11 hp
Lemure10 5 hp
Cameron 30 hp
Lemure11 1 hp
Adavarik -2 Atk, +2 Dmg (1 Round) 33 hp
Pacifist
Lemure6 Flanking +2 Atk 1 hp
Lemure1 Disabled 0 hp

inexorabletruth
2013-01-29, 02:11 PM
Cameron pounds his hooves into Lemure9. Lemure9 blocks the first attack, but is thrown off balance by the force of Cameron's strike. The second hoof crushes the Lemure hard in the face, knocking out several teeth and sealing one eye shut. As a finishing strike, Cameron strikes like a viper with gnashing teeth to tear at the witless creature, but the Lemure has enough strength to slap the teeth away and continue on with the fight.

Lemure11 sends another vicious sweep of attacks a Lanakhad's thigh. His left hook manages to snag Lanakhad's leather breeches, but the second strike rakes in hard, tearing a deep gash along his hamstring.

Lanakhad:
You take 4 damage.

Adavarik, you're up.

Details:
Cameron: Full Attack (14, 22, 13) Damage (8)
Lemure11: Full Attack (6, 18) Damage (4)

Initiative:
William 10 hp
Sarisha
Lemure9 3 hp
Lemure3 4 hp
Lanakhad 10 hp
Lemure5 Flanking +2 Atk
Iggy 11 hp
Thor 11 hp
Lemure10 5 hp
Cameron 30 hp
Lemure11 1 hp
Adavarik -2 Atk, +2 Dmg (1 Round) 33 hp
Pacifist
Lemure6 Flanking +2 Atk 1 hp
Lemure1 Disabled 0 hp

Croverus
2013-01-29, 02:53 PM
Adavarik has had enough with these annoying creatures and their scratching. He focuses on the one already injured, swinging ina wide arc that will carry his momentum around into the flanking Lemure.

Attacking normally now
Attack Lemure6 [roll4] for [roll1] silver damage
If crit [roll2] for [roll3] silver damage

Cleave attack
[roll0] for [roll5] silver damage
If crit [roll6] for [roll7] silver damage


If both beasts are defeated by his blade, he moves to engage the nearest Lemure.

Lexin
2013-01-29, 03:04 PM
"Ouch, that hurts, you little..." Shouts Lanakhad, trying to encourage Pacifist to finally squash the little blob.


Ride check (DC 10) [roll0]

Hoof Attack! (Lemure 11)

Attack [roll1]
Damage [roll2]

Attack [roll3]
Damage [roll4]

inexorabletruth
2013-01-29, 03:55 PM
Lemure6 goes flying back from the staggering impact of Adavarik's mighty sword, precious lifeblood cascading from a vicious wound across the chest. He crashes hard onto the obsidian laced dirt, causing another crimson spray to gush forth from his shredded chest. Lemure5 fairs no better. Caught completely off guard by the savage onslaught, it raises it's hands feebly in defense as the shining arc of death draws a diagonal line of scarlet down the length of Lemure5's body. One arm falls to the ground, completely severed, followed by his head, which topples to the ground as blood gushes from the wound. Moments later, the body trembles and poofs out of existence.

Adavarik sees William engaged in a deadly struggle and storms forward to provide aid.

Adavarik:
I moved you from O6 to L5. Please provide coordinates for your moves if you wish to end up in a more specific place.

Lankhad's trusty steed wheels about and sends two hooves flying down towards the nasty little monster. But his strikes fly wide and the Lemure remains unharmed.

Lemure1 rasps for breath as it struggles through it's many injuries to lunge out for a final attack. He slaps weakly at William's chest with one hand, but manages to dig his nasty nails into Williams shoulder with the other. But with that final effort, the Lemure falls over into the dust.

William:
You take 1 damage.

William, you're up.

Details:
Lemure1: Full Attack (6, 20) Damage (1)
Stabilizing Rolls (1-10): Lemure5 (100), Lemure6 (18), Lemure1 (45), Lemure7 (33), Lemure8 (61)

Initiative:
William 9 hp
Sarisha
Lemure9 3 hp
Lemure3 4 hp
Lanakhad 10 hp
Iggy 11 hp
Thor 11 hp
Lemure10 5 hp
Cameron 30 hp
Lemure11 1 hp
Adavarik 33 hp
Pacifist

Out of Initiative (Dying or Unconscious)
Lemure7 Dying -3 hp
Lemure8 Dying -7 hp
Lemure5 Dead
Lemure6 Dying -6 hp
Lemure1 Dying -2 hp
Lemure12 Stable -5 hp
Lemure2 Stable/Critical -9 hp
Lemure4 Stable -2 hp

missmvicious
2013-01-30, 08:35 PM
Sarisha loads another pair of arrows and fires them off at the lemure next to Cameron.

Attack [roll0]
Damage 1 [roll1]
Damage 2 [roll2]
Confirm Crit [roll3]
Crit Damage [roll4]

inexorabletruth
2013-01-30, 11:49 PM
William takes a moment to catch his breath.

William:
Delay Init until end of round.

Sarisha's arrow scrapes across Lemure9's neck, but the thick rubbery skin refuses to give away against the grazing strike.

Lemure9, enraged by the continued nagging pokes of the feline archer, breaks off from the combat with the beset camel to charge Sarisha! But Cameron's quicker, and nails the Lemure hard in the back with brutal kick. The Lemure's head is jerked back violently and it's tongue wags and eyes roll in pain, but in spite of the bone-shaking impact of the attack, the Lemure plods on, finishing his charge. Closing in with deceptive speed for one so ill equipped for swift movement, he dives at Sarisha reaching out with rending claws, only to scrape the outermost layer of Sarisha's chain shirt before falling to the ground, dying of its injuries.

Lemure3 continues to furiously flail away at Iggy, at last managing to dig into his throat. His nails dig deep, taking fur and hide with each strike.

Lanakhad, you're up.

Details:
Lemure9: Move (Charge O12:P10) Attack (12)
Cameron: AoO (23) Damage (8) vs DR
Lemure3: Attack: (Threat, 4, 17) Damage (3,2)

Initiative:
Sarisha
Lemure3 4 hp
Lanakhad 10 hp
Iggy 6 hp
Thor 11 hp
Lemure10 5 hp
Cameron 30 hp
Lemure11 1 hp
Adavarik 33 hp
Pacifist
William 9 hp

Out of Initiative (Dying or Unconscious)
Lemure9 Dying -1 hp
Lemure7 Dying -3 hp
Lemure8 Dying -7 hp
Lemure6 Dying -6 hp
Lemure1 Dying -2 hp
Lemure12 Stable -5 hp
Lemure2 Stable/Critical -9 hp
Lemure4 Stable -2 hp
Lemure5 Dead