PDA

View Full Version : Help with series of epic challenges

Lvl45DM!
2012-10-25, 09:54 AM
Ok bear with here.

Two friends of mine who have been playing for 30 years have a truly epic campaign going. They both DM and its the battle of good and evil against the forces of Cthulhu. One guy, Brad, is setting the other guy, Peter, up in his campaign to be essentially Satan.

Why? Peter's character, Ransul, once went on a journey to decide some of the fate of the world, whether evil or good would be in charge when Cthulhu came. He chose evil. Great quest. A priest showed Ransul the beauty of a rainbow and sacrificed his life, and Ransul still went evil.

Slowly but surely over this characters growth from a 1st level thief to an 18th level thief acrobat more and more power has come his way, a pet hellhound psionics Charon as a personal boatman. Its heavily influenced by Damien from the Omen and Islamic belief in the devil.

But Brad has a character who is the paragon of good to balance this evil. Beuwulf a noble LG fighter who is pretty awesome.

They both have a second, Ransul has an Anti Paladin and Beuwulf has a druid ally.

Anyway there needs to be a showdown and i get to run it. But its not just a fight they are kinda going to be running through a quest together. Ish. Since i just watched dexter season 6 Ransuls side is gonna be based on the 7 tableaus of the apocalypse. And since beuwulf is...beuwulf...im gonna be basing his on both the epic poem and norse myth. But its not just dungeons and stuff these guys are veterans and i wanna keep em entertained. So. I would love you guys forever and be your bestest westest friends if you could throw ideas at me about how to make each tableau work in a game. Puzzles, mysteries riddles great fights traps anything!

The 7 Tableau's are
1.The Seven Headed Serpent rising from the ocean, A boasting/insult contest
2. The Four Horsemen, the Wild Hunt
3. The Weeping Angel, Grendel
4. The Whore of Babylon, Grendels Mother
5. Bowls of Wrath, The contests of Thor and Loki (outracing thought, out eating fire, outfighting old age)
6. Wormwood, Beuwulf fights sea serpents
7. The Beast in the Lake of Fire, Slaying the Dragon

Any ideas would help. Not really on a time table here. Also about level 20 ish for 2 characters is the wheelhouse. I play 1ED but its just ideas i don't think edition matters overly

Lentrax
2012-10-25, 12:17 PM
Whelp the first thing that strikes me is for the boasting/insult competition.

I think a drinking contest is in order. The rules would be simple.

1. both participants have the same ability scores.
2. both participants make a check after each round of drinks. The check increases with each round.
3. The first to fail loses.

Or for a rather interesting twist:

Both participants balance a dagger on their fingertip. If your dagger falls, you opponent gets to punch you in the face and you take a drink. Then you start again. The first one to not be able to get back up loses.