PDA

View Full Version : AVB - The Flustered One



Rizban
2012-10-29, 01:11 AM
This thread is for MilesTiden and GM(s) only. Please do not read it.

The interior of the Sad Flint is quite crowded. People are coming and going all over the rather large barroom. Patrons of any possible description abound, most content to drink the beers in their hands. No one bothers to turn their head when yet another patron walks in. The atmosphere of the place is slightly dingy, but comfortable.

A lone half-giant is serving as the bartender at the long bar across from the entrance. Round tables with an average of four chairs each litter the common area, although several have borrowed chairs from others nearby. More than half of them seem occupied by patrons of some description and number. A pair of armored bouncers guard a double door along the west wall.

Barmaids of many different races weave in and out of the traffic, delivering food and drinks, as well as picking up empty crockery and more than a few pick-up lines.

MilesTiden
2012-10-30, 01:03 AM
Just as a note, I was not intending to go to the Sad Flint at all. I do greatly apologize, as I was very unclear in my description of her actions. I did not really state what she was actually doing. I can work with this, but I'll make sure to be much clearer next time. Originally, I was planning for her to stay in the market districts, and away from all the hustle and bustle of the Midtown.

Darella, looking quite flustered and nervous, slips through the door and pulls it closed behind her. She surveys the spacious interior of the Sad Flint, still astonished at the sheer density of people. She continues to stand in front of the doorway, fidgeting nervously as she stares at the chaotic workings of the tavern, her ears ringing with the sounds of dozens of conversations and carousing cityfolk. Behind her, another patron opens the door, which bumps into her, startling her and causing her to nearly leap out of her shoes. Jeez, just calm down! There's nothing to be frightened of. No one's going to chase you anymore. Just like... order some ale or something. Taking a few deep breaths, Darella limps over to the bartender, attempting to look as nonchalant as possible. Which is not very.

Darella clambers up on to one of the stools, and sees the half-giant bartender for the first time. She cranes her head up, gaping at him. "Umm... I would like, uh, a, um - *squeak*." Dammit Darella, are you completely incapable of talking or something? Jeez, stop being so nervous. She clears her throat, and tries to speak again. "Excuse me, may I please, umm, have some, uh, wine?" Bloody hell... just get your drink and go sit down, and calm the hell down. Before you make yourself look like more of an idiot.

Rizban
2012-10-30, 01:49 AM
The bartender looks you up and down.

"Glass of wine. 2 gold."

MilesTiden
2012-10-31, 12:17 AM
She pays the two gold pieces, retrieves her wine, and goes to find an empty table where she can sit down and calm herself, without being assaulted by hordes of people. Or at least, not being trampled by them. As she settles into her seat, she takes a deep breath, calming herself down and easing her nerves. Okay Darella, it's been a long day. Just relax, and take it easy. She slowly sips at her wine, a taste which she had grown to like. Previously, she had found the taste of any alcoholic beverage abhorent, but it grew on her as she adapted to the cities and become a more frequent patron at the purveyors of such alcholic drinks. Scanning the room, she takes in the various scenes of carousal and mirth.

You know, I actually sort of don't mind the crowd and the noise. It makes the place much more lively and homely. She sits quietly as her thoughts wander, and eventually come to a stop on the topic of her continued residence in Aldhaven, and what that implies. I'm definitely going to need to obtain a steady source of income, and that means either a getting a job, or starting up my own business. The thought of doing menial tasks for other people for little pay was abhorent to nearly every fiber of her being, and she knew that as both a non-resident and halfling, she would likely have quite a bit of difficulty with getting and maintaining a steady, well-paying job. That left the possibility of opening her own business. Hmm... I quite like that idea. Being my own boss and all that. Maybe I could even open a tavern, like this place. She took another look around. Yes, I think I could live with that.

Well, before I make any rash decisions, I should probably see exactly what I'm getting into first. She gets up from her table, cringing as she steps on her bad foot. I assume the Guildsman District might be a good place to start. Darella exits the tavern, and heads on her way to the Guildsman District.

Rizban
2012-10-31, 03:06 AM
Moving northeast towards Guildsman, she sees numerous shops, a few fancier houses, and lots of places to spend money. She also spots a couple of inns, taverns, and boarding houses on this road.

The closer to Guildsman that she gets, the less fancy and more utilitarian the buildings become. Further down the road, the buildings appear to become workshops and smithies and the like. That must be Guildsman.

MilesTiden
2012-10-31, 07:07 PM
Noting the gradual shift in the design and purpose of the buildings that line the way, Darella takes this as a sign that she's at least headed in the right direction. Well, that's a start. Now she just needs to find exactly what she needs to do and where she needs to go. She decides to try asking around, wandering throughout the Guildsman District and wracking her brain for information that she has heard or things that she remembers from other towns, for an idea of the whereabouts of the place she's looking for. She needs somewhere that will be able to support her in her efforts towards the management and inception of a tavern, which are totally and absolutely thought through, with no possible unforseen complications. Nope. Not at all. Surely that fact that she's not a citizen and may or may not have a slight criminal record (*cough*) will not impede her desires in any way.

Gather Information: [roll0]
Knowledge (Local): [roll1]
To find the appropriate guild(s) that would be related to inns and taverns and other such things.

Rizban
2012-11-01, 12:14 AM
There seems to be no guild or other organization specific to taverns or inns. She learns that most tavern owners likely belong to one of the two large merchant guilds in town, if they belong to a guild at all.

Rizban
2012-11-12, 06:37 AM
Are you still playing?

MilesTiden
2012-11-13, 12:23 AM
I am still playing, don't worry! However, I have been basically overwhelmed with schoolwork lately, and have not had that much time to do much of anything. Sorry. :smallfrown: I'll try to resume regular posting once my current IRL situation becomes less volatile and less detrimental to my ability to post.

Rizban
2012-11-13, 08:37 PM
Hey, no problem. Take as much time as you need, then just come on back when you're ready. Thanks for letting me know so I didn't jsut drop you though.