PDA

View Full Version : Sea of the Dead [Dead End - d20 Zombie Apocalypse]



Pages : [1] 2

Erasmas
2012-10-29, 01:06 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v71/Erasmas/Dead%20End/Brochure.jpg

You arrived at the harbor two hours early for processing and boarding procedures. It was a very tiring and boring morning, but the ship was immaculately beautiful and the weather was gorgeous. You set your mind on having a good time and most of you started things off with a drink and a self-guided tour of the ship.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v71/Erasmas/Dead%20End/ThePersephone.jpg
The Persephone - Pearl Line Cruises' newest, largest, most sophisticated ship to have ever sailed. She boasted the capacity to accommodate 3,400 passengers plus a crew of 1,050! She had twelve decks, three pools (one with a water slide), nearly twenty different bars and restaurants, and a full theatre! And everything was paid for, except for soda and alcohol, of course.

And so, you finally departed from port and headed out to the deep blue with a course set for the Caribbean... sun, coconuts, sand, umbrella drinks, bikinis, palm trees... it was going to be a splendid voyage. Later that night, there was a party going on in the second floor of the Sun & Sea Restaurant on Deck 10, near the rear of the ship. Right around sunset, everyone had started to gather and mingle.

Of course, just as Francois was supposed to be starting on the main course, the damn stove started acting up again, finally going out all together. No burners... no food... cranky guests. He called his supervisor and the call for help went through the chain of command and back down again, summoning Mason to the job. The moment his supervisor told him of the problem, the mechanic knew exactly what the issue was. That stove had a faulty valve and he had told his superior about it during the last voyage and they had elected to do nothing about it. Mason grabbed the replacement valve and the only tool he was going to need for the job... his pipe wrench.

Meanwhile, Jim, Blake, Viola, Victor, and others had shown up and been snacking on hors d'oeuvres and drinking mixed drinks to tide them over before the main meal was served. It seemed to be taking a while, but there was plenty to do in the interim, so it hardly went noticed. Early on, there was a terrifying scream that came from below, somewhere far ahead on the ship. But these things weren't that uncommon, you had come to find out. People in the casino were yelling all the time.

But then you saw some of the onboard security running past the restaurant with their pistols drawn... and then you heard more screams. Suddenly, down below you on the first floor of the Sun & Sea you heard another scream. Looking over the bannister, you watched in horror and disbelief as you saw a small child leap onto a full-grown man and tackled him to the ground! The boy, who couldn't have been more than ten or eleven ripped the man's neck out with his teeth, spraying a fountain of bright red blood all over the place. People jumped to their feet and began scrambling away from the grisly scene, trampling each other in a desperate attempt to get away. Soon, everyone on the second floor with you began bolting for the doors on this level. Luckily, you weren't at the front of this group of people, because there was another attack just outside the doors. You heard someone shout out, "Grab something, grab a weapon!"

Victor grabbed a steel serving tray, dumping the deviled eggs it held onto the floor beneath a nearby table.

Viola, with her crutches, couldn't manage more than the tumbler she had already been holding.

Blake stole a broom that he had seen propped up behind a sitting booth, snapping the head off to form a kind of staff.

Jim had picked up one of the few handful of chairs that were not bolted in place to the floor.

And when the ones that had been bitten started to change into more of the damned things... it started to slowly ripple its way through the crowd. As the hoard began to shift towards the back of the room, places to run quickly ran out. Jim tried to keep the things at bay as if they were lions in the circus, eventually stabbing one of his chair's legs through the eye of a would-be attacker, getting the girl on crutches behind him for safety. One tried to get past him, only to be stopped by Blake's broom handle as he drove the jagged end up underneath another of the creature's jaws as he stepped shoulder to shoulder with the chemistry teacher. Victor noticed the small knot of survivors forming and made a jumping slide across the table between them, clocking another of the things across the temple with his tray. As the four of them backed up, towards the kitchen, Blake and Jim each killed another as the frenzied mob advanced. Viola bludgeoned one of the creatures that had gotten around behind the kitchen, caving in the things frontal plate with the corner of her glass, flinging bourbon all over. Just as she was recovering from the attack, another of the shambling crazies lunged at her... only to be batted back by Victor's tray, sending the thing through a plate glass window behind it.

Meanwhile, in the kitchen, Francois stood by, chopping onions while Mason worked feverishly to replace the stupid valve. Just as he was finishing up, a commotion broke out in the dining room, the echoes of which traveled both through the walls of the kitchen on this floor, and down the stairs into the first floor serving station. Francois, heading down the stairs, quickly doubled back when he saw bloodied guests attacking the kitchen staff, biting and clawing at their flesh! He even had to stab one of the bastards as it came at him. A second, one of the staff that had just been killed, grabbed the cook's ankle and began dragging him back down the stairs. Suddenly, the thing's face exploded as Mason brought his heavy pipe wrench up in a powerful upper cut. He helped Francois back to his feet and shoved him up the stairs behind him, smashing two more of those things as he backed up with the heavy-set man.

One of the doors into the kitchen burst open, revealing four guests armed with impromptu weapons being pressed back by a horde of creatures. "In 'ere!", Francois shouted, throwing open the door to the freezer. The six survivors piled into the steel box and the cook started to press the heavy door shut, only to have the mob on the other side try to keep it open. Jim and Victor threw their shoulders into the door and Victor jabbed his broom handle through the opening to stave off the nearest of the things. Finally, the door clicked, as Francois jammed a heavy icepick into the handle mechanism, keeping the door from being able to open from the outside.


You are now in the Freezer, the red-colored section of this map.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v71/Erasmas/Dead%20End/Persephone-Start.jpg


One hour and twenty seven minutes had passed since then... and at least thirty since the last bang on the freezer door. The tips of your noses and fingers have gone numb and you know that you cannot stay in here much longer. Luckily, one of the creatures outside had accidentally flipped the light switch just outside the door in the initial swarm... at least you have been able to see one another to talk and help pass the time.

HZ514
2012-10-29, 01:28 PM
Assuming we've traded basic info (names, maybe professions, perhaps hometowns, that sort of thing) during the time we've been in the freezer.

Blake clears his throat and adjusts his tie, speaking as best he can through chattering teeth. "Well this certainly isn't what I signed up for." He looks down at his expensive blood-splattered suit and shakes his head. "That's going to be one hell of a dry cleaning bill."

GunnDancer
2012-10-29, 02:06 PM
Looking to each of the survivors, Victor shakes his head slowly. "Man... not the way I wanted to start my vacation."Picking up the steel serving tray, he glances down at it. "Anyone have any ideas as to what the hell is going on?"

moomoo
2012-10-29, 02:16 PM
Francois, who, because of his size, has less problems with the cold looks at the group:
I swear there was nothing wrong with zhe food. I tasted it all myself. I was preparing for zhe sauce for with zhe foie gras when zhese zhings came crawling in.

Erasmas
2012-10-29, 02:53 PM
HZ: Yes, you guys would have had plenty of time for introductions and what not.

Thump
2012-10-29, 04:35 PM
"Bah. I cannot walk vithout my crutches, much less fight! Sighing, the blonde flexes her arms, being tender about the way she moves her legs, making sure not to lose balance or slip in the ice-coated freezer.

"And chef? The food vas very good. You have no need to worry about that", she says, flashing a weak smile at Francois.

razorback
2012-10-29, 10:23 PM
Jim runs his fingers through his hair, trying not to be stressed by the situation but it is obvious to everyone that he is.

"Yes, the food was good.." he comments in a distracted way.



"Anyone have any ideas as to what the hell is going on?"


"You mean besides a bad joke slash reality show? Something isn't right. People don't react to infections like that so quickly. The other option is... empirically impossible!" his tone getting louder until he sees the looks on the others faces.
"Sorry, I know we have to keep it down. But we can't stay in here forever and there are several thousand people on this ship. If they have caught whatever this is, we're screwed in a bad way."
Jim paces a bit, trying to keep warm.
"You two know the layout of this ship" he says to François and Mason. "Is there some kind of safe room in case of, I don't know, pirates or something?"

HZ514
2012-10-29, 11:22 PM
Blake continues to subconsciously preen himself, brushing away at the blood on his clothes. He raises an eyebrow at the flustered chemistry teacher's musings. "What's the empirically impossible option?"

moomoo
2012-10-30, 02:24 AM
Francois shrugs and answers Jim:
As zhe cook, I only know my way around zhe restaurant and the storage rooms. I didn't have time to explore zhe rest of zhe boat yet. We got a security briefing, but only for if we were sinking, not for... zhis.

I do agree we should start getting out of 'ere. Maybe we should take some food wit us... or something else.
This last sentence was a bit grim, as Francois knew his kitchen knife was good for cutting, but wouldn't last forever against these monsters. He starts looking around in the fridge for anything useful to take with him when they got out.

Umbranar
2012-10-30, 04:33 AM
Mason walks over to the door and listens, careful he does not stick his ear against the ice cold metal. Should have brough the rest of my bloody toolbox, could have disabled the bloody cool elements. Mason mumbles.

I am fairly new to the ship aswell, working with schematics if there is a problem. Think I looked at that bloody oven 4 times by now. I don`t know about you guys, but I`m getting out of here.

When all are ready Mason opens the door enough to get out, the pipe wrench ready to strike anything near.

razorback
2012-10-30, 06:41 AM
Jim looks at Blake, an incredulous expression on his face.
Before he can answer, the beefy mechanic opens the door. He reacts by bringing his chair up high.

Thump
2012-10-30, 08:07 AM
With a groan, Viola raises her tumbler, balancing awkwardly on her crutches, getting ready for the wave of the dead.

Erasmas
2012-10-30, 10:23 AM
Looking around, Francois saw the ice pick he used to keep the door closed and a box cutter that was used to open cardboard boxes of frozen goods. The rest of the items did not seem that useful... at least not as of right now.

Mason opens the freezer door, causing the condensed moisture to roll out as a fog into the kitchen. As the mechanic peeked out, he saw five of the creatures still milling about aimlessly in the room. Two of them turned their attention in the direction of the noise of the heavy door latch, and they begin an investigative shuffle in your direction.


Alright ladies and gentlemen... please roll for initiative! Please check the other numbers here (I will also be posting the order in the OOC thread) and if you are the highest, go ahead and post your actions. They work just like 3rd edition... one move equivalent, one standard action.

The two aware zombies are [roll0]; [roll1] {[roll2]; [roll3] (extra, in case of repeat results). These two will have actions this round, the remainder will not. So... Zombies 2 & 5.

Zombie 1:
[roll4]
Teenage Asian Female (Passenger)
Zombie 2:
[roll5]
Elderly Caucasian Male (Passenger)
Zombie 3:
[roll6]
Young Black Girl (Passenger)
Zombie 4:
[roll7]
Young Caucasian Female (Staff - Kitchen)
Zombie 5:
[roll8]
Adult Caucasian Male (Staff - Wait)

HZ514
2012-10-30, 12:05 PM
Going to roll with the awful initiative and RP it.

As Mason opened the freezer door, Blake gripped his broken broom handle tighter. Then he looked down at it and shook his head. What am I doing? This is...barbaric!

He looked around and saw his four companions readying themselves for battle against those abominations and couldn't help but feel out of place. Well, even more out of place than a normal person would in a zombie apocalypse. His free hand instinctively went up toward his neck to adjust his tie.

Internally, he was struggling to rectify his aversion to getting his hands dirty with the need to do just that to survive. On the outside, it would look like he's too busy fixing his appearance to fight.

GunnDancer
2012-10-30, 06:10 PM
Taking a deep breath, Victor tensed as he watched the door swing open. A conversation rapidly takes place in his head: Okay... okay... there's no way there is enough room in here to fight effectively. That means I need to go out there...

Time seems to slow to a stop for him as adrenaline floods his system. Once the door is wide enough for a body, Victor darts out towards the monstrous member of the wait staff. The serving tray gleams like a silver blur as he drives it towards the creatures head.

Attacking Zombie 5

Erasmas
2012-10-30, 10:11 PM
The creature that had once been a member of the wait staff reels from Victor's blow, the right side of his skull caved in, forcing the eye from its socket to dangle by the nerve cording. However, though the strike was forcable, the thing recovered and seemed intent on still fighting back, as it lets out an unwavered snarl.

Umbranar
2012-10-31, 12:13 AM
Mason charges forward, adrenaline pumping while he swings his pipewench at the monster. Seeing victor hit, he smiles. Move out people and try to keep the sound to a minimum. Dont want more biters to come in.

razorback
2012-10-31, 06:56 AM
Jim nods as he keeps his chair held high, trying to protect the girl as best he can, a nervous look on his face that almost looks like some strange grin if it weren't for the wild look on his face.

Did he really just call them biters? he thinks to himself, a bit in shock.

He furiously whispers "Should we try to corral these things into the freezer or finish them off?" as he rushes to Victors left to try and take down the other 'biter'.


To hit
[roll0]
Damage
[roll1]

Erasmas
2012-10-31, 09:36 AM
Mason charges out after Victor, swinging his pipewrench at the teenage Asian girl as she was turned away. The creature, dressed in a bikini and dripping wet, had apparently left a small puddle comprised of a mixture of water and blood around her. The mechanic lost his footing for a brief moment, changing the trajectory of his attack, causing the heavy metal of the wrench to meet with her back instead of the back of her head. With a loud snap, the thing folded over forwards onto the prep table in front of her, sending dishes and food clattering to the floor. However, she was not bent over at the waist but was instead broken over about halfway down her spine.

The wait staff member turns to Victor a lunges at him with his mouth. You can hear his teeth click together as he bites the empty space where your left arm just was mere moments before. A bit of crimson and... what is that?!... puss?!... spatters on your shirt. Luckily, however, the damned thing missed you.

moomoo
2012-10-31, 12:26 PM
When Francois sees former wait staff member attack Victor, he immediately runs to his side shouting:
GET AWAY FROM 'IM
He tries to stab it right in its ugly face:
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Erasmas
2012-10-31, 12:35 PM
The cook charges to Victor's aid, thrusting his blade at the former wait staff. However, as the thing moved for the attempted bite on the Olympiad's arm, his head wasn't where Francois had hoped, and the knife zings harmlessly through the air.

Thump
2012-10-31, 12:51 PM
Flopping around slightly, unbalanced and shocked by the sudden turn of events, Viola places a heavy swing towards the ones that Victor and Francois were trying to kill.

"Cursed abomination! Hold still for a second so I can show them how a Russian does it!"

Erasmas
2012-10-31, 01:07 PM
The gymnast hobbles out of the freezer, swinging her tumbler into the already broken side of his face and shattering the glass. Shards embed themselves into the flesh of the wait staff member's face as the thing gurgles and falls to the floor, twitching twice before lying still.

Jim charges out and rounds the corner of the freezer wall and swings his chair at the young woman who was a member of the kitchen staff (Francois would know her by the name of Gretchen). However, he misjudges his aim and barely cuts her on the back of her right shoulder. The teacher also notices a shadow out of the corner of his eye, that seems to be moving in the stairwell to his left.

The elderly Caucasian man moves around the prep table, his joints creaking, popping, and snapping as he hustles quicker than he probably had in decades, ignoring any pain that it otherwise would have caused him. He closes in on the other side of Victor and makes a swipe with his fingers splayed out like an animal's claws. The creature's nails bite deeply into the meat of the right side of Victor's back, causing him to wince in pain. The wound immediately stings against the salty air that permeates throughout the entire ship.

HZ514
2012-10-31, 11:35 PM
Blake stared with his mouth agape as the others bashed various objects into the abominations, splattering blood and bone all over the place. Then his survival instinct finally kicks in and he jumps into action.

"Let's finish them off," Blake responds to Jim's question. "Starting with backbone over there!" Blake hoisted the broken broom handle above his shoulder and slung it like a javelin toward the previously wrenched zombie.

Attacking Zombie 1! (Sadly, rolled a 2 to hit and a 3 for damage.)

Erasmas
2012-11-01, 11:46 AM
The lawyer hurls his weapon, which clatters noisily against a pot on one of the burners of the stove and then rolls to a stop near one of the exits of the kitchen.

GunnDancer
2012-11-01, 12:00 PM
Victor hisses with pain as he feels the nails of the creature tear into his back. His eyes snap open as the attack dawns on him. He's seen enough zombie movies to be more than a little concerned.

Once more, these thoughts flit through his mind at a rapid pace, taking place in the span of seconds as he readies his next action. I need some breathing room! Utilizing his training, Victor kicks the thing hard in it's wrinkley gut. And if the creature falls over, breaks its neck, or bashes it's ghastly head in... well that would be just fine!

Attacking zombie # 2 naturally!

Erasmas
2012-11-01, 06:23 PM
The pentathlete's kick lands spot-on, however it lacked enough power behind it to be fully effective. Even still, it causes the thing to make a strange belching, gasping exhale as the wind is forced from its belly. Victor and Viola both nearly wretch from the horrible smell of bile and half-digested... whatever the old man had been eating.

Umbranar
2012-11-02, 01:50 AM
Although Mason is a tough guy, atleast he thinks that of himself, the sight of zombie 1 gets to him a little...this was just sick. Shaking his head, he clears his mind. The bloody thing still "lives". Just die already! he shouts while taking another swing.

Erasmas
2012-11-02, 09:36 AM
The mechanic brings the pipewrench down onto the back of the girl's skull, radiating a 'sunburst' effect across the dishes and the table itself comprised of crimson and... pieces. The weight of the thing's body collapsed, sliding off of the prep table and into a crumpled mess on the floor.

moomoo
2012-11-03, 04:31 AM
Francois mutters under his breath:
You spoil my beautiful kitchen.
He then tries to bring his trusted kitchen knife to good use by shoving it into the nearest zombies face.

razorback
2012-11-03, 09:18 AM
Jim, a look of horror on his face, recovers from swiping his chair at the young girl.
"Used to be young girl" he mumbles to himself as he tries to keep the realization of the situation from sinking to deep.

He catches that Victor is in trouble but realizes that the best way to help him is to finish of this... thing in front of him.

He brings his chair up and back, trying to smash the things skull in.

Thump
2012-11-05, 12:02 PM
Looking around desperately for a weapon, a glint of metal catches Viola's eye on the table next to her. It's a meat cleaver!

Grinning with ferocity, she takes a crude, heavy swing at the zombie that just took a chunk out of Victor.

"An eye for an eye, they say? Well, I hardly think that is fair. How about your head?"

Erasmas
2012-11-05, 01:23 PM
Francois returns to where Blake is standing, just inside the cooler and grabs the ice pick, dropping it into a pocket on his apron.

Viola grabs the butcher's cleaver from the prep table and heartily brings it down into the skull of the old man attacking Victor, sinking it deeply into her target. The jaw of the thing drops open and its tongue flops out as the body goes limp. At first, the cleaver is stuck, but the weight of the corpse quickly pulls itself free of the large blade and drops to the floor, hitting the side of its head on the edge of the sink on its way down.

The chemistry teacher rears back with his wooden-framed chair and swiped it down towards Gretchen, who seems almost to react and dodge out of the way of the attack! She snarls as Jim, spitting up blood and saliva that cascades down her chin and the front of her once white smock. Out of the corner of his eye, Jim sees that the shadow that was moving before seems to be another creature slowly shambling up the stairs!

The creature that used to be a young black girl, dressed in her Wonder Woman-themed pajamas, comes running around the corner of the sink and clambers over the old man's broken body and attempts to bite Victor's thigh! She bites into his leg, drawing blood through his pants and tearing away a patch of the denim in her teeth.

The creature that was once known as Gretchen roars and then leaps forwards towards Jim's neck with her teeth, attempting to bite the poor man. Luckily Jim was able to keep his chair between himself and the assaulting member of the kitchen staff, causing her to gnash her teeth on one of the wooden supports instead of his flesh.

Erasmas
2012-11-06, 02:03 PM
Blake, seeing Francois return for the ice pick, now picks up the box cutter off of the freezer shelf and puts it into his inner breast pocket. He then moves to where his broom handle had landed and picks it back up.

GunnDancer
2012-11-06, 04:12 PM
Crying out in pain, it takes mere moments for the sheer enormity of the attack to dawn on Victor.

"No.... No!"

Igniting with rage, Victor brings the tray down on the zombie as hard and as furiously as he can, attempting to dislodge the monster if possible and kill it.

Erasmas
2012-11-06, 04:44 PM
Victor brings the edge of his serving tray down on the base of the girl's skull, causing a loud crunch to sound from the impact. The thing releases his leg, but turns her blood-shot eyes up at the pentathlete and roars... revealing her mouth filled with Victor's own blood.

Erasmas
2012-11-07, 04:22 PM
Mason quickly walks around behind the stove and sink, keeping his sinister eyes trained on the small girl that had just bitten Victor on the thigh. The mechanic reaches around the the counter and grabs the girl with both hands, dropping his pipe wrench. As he gains control of her right arm and her left leg and begins hoisting her above his head. The black child screams wildly and lashes out at Mason, digging the fingernails of her left hand into his right cheek, leaving deep gouges behind. The mechanic winces and mutters a curse word as he heaves the girl across the prep table at Gretchen, causing both of the female monsters to fall to the ground in a tangled heap.

Meanwhile, a sixth zombie hungrily makes its way up the stairs from the first floor kitchen down below. It charges Jim the moment it sees him, oblivious to the danger of coming in reach of his chair!

moomoo
2012-11-08, 07:57 AM
Francois, seeing he can't really reach any of the attacking zombies, says:
Viector, if you are not feelin' well, fall back and I wiel take your place.
When he sees Yasmine entering the battleground he is a bit in shock:
Oh no, what happened, they got you too? Merde! he thinks.

Thump
2012-11-08, 01:33 PM
Viola watches as the zombies tear into her companions, and gives a short swear.
"И я калека здесь? Изобразительное то, мне придется исправить эту ошибку!"

With the rapid-fire Russian being almost spat out, she twists her ankle in the middle of a swing, turning it awkwardly at the zombie that took a bite out of Victor.

Тупой зомби! Почему вы должны разрушить мой отпуск?

Erasmas
2012-11-08, 03:25 PM
Jim reacts as the thing once known as Yasmine ascends to the top of the stairs and swings his chair at her. She ducks under the first attack, but hasn't recovered for the second as the chemistry teacher brings one of the chair legs down on her neck. The blow throws her off balance, and she tumbles back down the stairs, leaving a trail of blood and snapping sounds behind her.

Gretchen stands and violently throws the other creature off of her, which sends the girl sprawling out across the floor behind her. The former kitchen staff member then tries to take advantage of Jim engaging Yasmine and swipes her claw-like hand at him! Her fingers cut four deep ruts into Jim's right ribcage, tearing his shirt and causing him to sharply inhale against the pain.

The small black girl scrambles up from the floor and charges at Mason, bearing her teeth and yowling at the mechanic like some kind of ferocious animal. Just then, someone... or something... pushes the door open directly behind Mason! The swinging "saloon style" door hits the man in the back, and when it swings closed, you see another former crew member. She leaps onto his back and bites his neck, causing a waterfall of blood to erupt between the two of them! It is readily apparent that Mason needs serious medical attention!

Blake grips his broom handle in both hands and charges across the room, yelling at the newly arrived creature as it tears into Mason's neck. Just as he closes the distance, she turns toward the charging lawyer, who shoves the end of the broken pole into her left eye socket. The monster reels back from the strike and the very end of the handle snaps off, leaving a massive "splinter" protruding from her eye.

GunnDancer
2012-11-08, 04:33 PM
"Mason!"

Knowing he can't let the man who just helped him perish, but without many options himself, something clicks inside Victor as a white hot rage builds up. Drawing back, Victor hurls the dinged and dented steel serving try directly at the zombie child before casting about for another knife, cleaver, iron skillet... ANYTHING! As he does this he takes a five foot step back.

"Francois! You're up!"

Erasmas
2012-11-08, 05:21 PM
Victor throws the serving tray, causing it to clang off of the girl's shoulder, barely hitting her. It continues its momentum and clatters to a stop amid the plates and things on the farside prep table, cutting deeply into the side of a cake. Stepping back and looking around for a weapon, the pentathlete find several pots and pans on the stove, containing whatever over-cooked things they held. In addition, he also spots a can of cooking spray sitting right beside the stove top (the kind they use to grease pans with).

moomoo
2012-11-09, 03:38 AM
Seeing that he gets some space, Francois charges in and starts cutting on the zombie.
GET. OUT. OF. MY. KITCHEN.

Thump
2012-11-09, 12:52 PM
"NYET!

The shout (hopefully) attracts the attention of the zombies clawing and tearing their way to a tasty new meal, with a woman barely standing on two crutches and a meat cleaver in her hands.

"You... will not TOUCH them. If you want them, COME AND GET ME!"

With that, she throws all her weight into a mighty swing at the zombie near Jim, hoping to take pressure off her friends.

Erasmas
2012-11-09, 12:55 PM
Mason spins in place, pushing some distance between him and the woman that just bit him. He then grimaces and swings his pipe wrench at "Nadia", connecting with the right side of her jaw and splatters the contents of her head all over the still-swinging door behind her.

As Yasmine tops the stairs once more, Jim takes another swing at her when she passes close to him, missing her. The thing then returns the favor, scratching him severely in his inner thigh!

The chef moves between the counters now that Victor had made room. Running at the young black girl, he swings his knife menacingly at the girl, cleanly cutting off the front portion of her skull, and the front lobe of her brain with it. She takes half a step in his direction and then her eyes roll back and she falls to the floor motionless.

Viola turns on Gretchen, swinging at the monster from over the corner of the prep table, only barely making contact with her, cutting her just over her left breast. The creature turns and growls at the gymnast.

Jim now swings again at Yasmine, also only just grazing her on her stomach. The chemistry teacher notices that his chair has started becoming loose and can see cracks in several places. Injured and increasingly worried, he stumbles past Viola, regrouping back near Victor.

Gretchen attacks Viola, swinging wildly at the Russian. The distance proves too much and she instead sends plates and bowls shattering onto the tiled floor!

Blake, seeing that both of the things near him are dead, moves into position behind Gretchen, stabbing her in the temple with his broom handle! It still doesn't seem to be enough to bring her down, however.

Two of the creatures remained standing in the blood-soaked kitchen, the red and pink of lost life standing in stark contrast to the once-pristine white and silver of the room. Several members of your group were gravely injured, but the fight wasn't over yet.

GunnDancer
2012-11-09, 03:57 PM
Realizing that trying to push past Viola would only make things worse, Victor decides to instead tend to Mason. Also realizing he's currenlty unarmed, he casts about for another weapon. Spying the skillet on the stove, he grabs it up. Just as he is about to head over to Mason, he spys the cooking spray. Shrugging briefly, he snatches it up and makes his way to the maintenance tech.

"Mason... damn it man... we need to get you out of here!"

Victor tries his best to find a way to deal with Masons neck wound, but it's too far beyond his abilities, it's gruesome nature disturbing him to the point of ineptitude.

Umbranar
2012-11-10, 11:37 AM
Mason looks at Victor but his word don`t seem to ring through.
Without a word, Mason walks up next to blade and swing at the zombie.

Bloody....biting... mumbles Mason as he tries to kill the creature.

Erasmas
2012-11-12, 12:24 PM
Victor tries to staunch the bleeding in Mason's neck, but the grizzled man all but pushes the younger man aside... his attempts counting for naught.

The mechanic's ears ring with the drop in his blood pressure, blocking out the sounds of the surrounding environment. He pushes on with focus and even his vision is tainted with the red of rage. Mason moves up beside Blake and swings his heavy wrench at the the creature once known as Gretchen. Though close, his attack misses - instead slamming hard against the prep table corner between them, taking a chunk out of the Formica veneer.

The monster Yasmine closes with the Russian gymnast, raking her claws against Viola's inner thigh. The powerful assault stings and nearly causes Viola to lose her balance!

moomoo
2012-11-12, 01:14 PM
Seeing that Mason and Viola are both hurt, makes Francois realise that he has to act quickly, he hurls his kitchen knife to the fleshheap while shouting:
Merde Mason, get the *** out of there, you con, this is no time to play ze heero

Erasmas
2012-11-12, 02:56 PM
The cook rears back and hurls his trusty knife at Gretchen. The blade hits directly in the temple of the creature, embedding itself with a wet thunk and sending her into the wall beside the stairwell. The knife carried enough force to actually pin her head to the wall, keeping the thing in a mostly upright position.

Thump
2012-11-13, 11:04 AM
Catching herself on her crutches and the desk, Viola lets out a groan, followed by more swearing in Russian.

"So... I've finally got a scratch on me. Do you mind if I return the favor?"

With that, she pushes on the zombie's head to use it as a brace to get up, and lands a graceful, almost practiced swing on the zombie.

Erasmas
2012-11-13, 02:38 PM
Viola brings the cleaver down into the side of Yasmine's head, splitting her skull down to the bridge of her nose. The creature's eyes focus on the gymnast with burning hatred and then they dilate and she slides to the floor.

As you all stand there, panting and looking around in disbelief, you notice that several of you are injured... and some of you severely so.

GunnDancer
2012-11-14, 02:58 AM
Breathing heavily, Victor looks around at the carnage in the kitchen. Wincing in pain, he grabs the nearest towel and uses it to staunch the blood flowing freely from his thigh.

"Someone needs to help Mason! He's bleeding really bad and I don't know what to do!"

Making his way to the rest of the group, he tries to think. The immediate danger is over but they're in no condition to get out there and start busting heads, let alone make it some place safer.

"We need to block off the doors or something so we can have a chance to rest! Francois, does the fridge move or are there heavy boxes we can put in front of the entrances to the kitchen?"

Umbranar
2012-11-14, 03:13 AM
Mason just stares at Victor in a daze before he sits down and touches the wound in his neck. Wha...bloody...tired, Victor....your wounded..
He then laughs softly. You should.....clean up Franciose.

Clearly the mechanic is in shock, talking nonsense and not realizing the danger hes in.

Thump
2012-11-14, 10:09 AM
"I'm afraid I am not much help there, Viktor. My first aid skills...", she sighs with a twinge of pain in her voice, "are not good. Francois, could you be kind and barricade the stairwell and entrances? I'm not going to be walking for a bit."

Erasmas
2012-11-14, 01:14 PM
Francois, Blake, and Jim use Mason's pipe wrench to unbolt several of the prep tables and move them into barricaded positions in the kitchen. Placing heavy boxes and cans behind them, both doors are easily blocked off by this method. The staircase entrance is a little trickier, but they manage to at least cover the bottom half of the doorway, making it difficult for anything to get in without having to climb over the debris.

Meanwhile, Victor and Viola work to try and treat their own injuries as well as to stop the worrisome bleeding of the mechanic. Finally, Victor manages to get enough pressure applied with a towel to at least stop the flow for now. Using Blake's necktie, the pentathlete is able to secure a fresh towel to Mason's wound without causing the man too much further discomfort. Likewise, Victor found a bag of flour and after placing a large handful of it onto the bite in his thigh, the bleeding there stopped as well.

After the room was secured, the others joined in on trying to help treat the injured.


Untreated Wounds:

Jim - 2 Scratches (6 points; 8 points)
Viola - Scratch (8 points)
Victor - Scratch (7 points)

moomoo
2012-11-14, 01:47 PM
After Francois helped making the kitchen secure, he walks around in his now transformed kitchen to see if he can make something to eat:
I will make something for us to eat, that will help us stay on our feet. We will have to be sparingly wif the food, but I will see if I can make something to perk us up.

GunnDancer
2012-11-14, 08:31 PM
Taking a deep breath, Victor let's it out as a sigh.

"Viola, you want to come with me for a few minutes so I can try and patch up your leg?"

Victor gestures towards a relatively clean corner of the kitchen where Viola might be able to put her legs up so he can patch her up.

moomoo
2012-11-15, 03:54 AM
While the others are tending to their wounds, Francois starts to clean the mess up. He binds a towel before his nose and he starts pulling the bodies towards the freezer, trying to not think too much about the gruesomeness of it all. While in the freezer, he looks after the boxcutter he had seen and if he finds it, he takes it with him (OOC: don't know if someone already took it). After he has put the last body into the freezer, he closes it to hopefully never open it again and he starts to clean up what is left of the kitchen. He starts with cleaning the floor, moving the bodies had created filthy smears of blood and gore that he scrubbed out. All over the place were stains and splatters that needed to be removed. When his kitchen was finally somewhat cleaned, he stops to take a breath, and looks around rather happily: I've worked in worse places. he mumbles. Then he announces: Dinner is being served in about an hour. and starts to do what he is best.

Thump
2012-11-15, 10:08 AM
"That would be good. Food and a fixed leg would be nice... Could you bring me over there please?". Viola gestures towards her leg in its cast, then to the other, which is slashed. She can't walk. With a quick push, she pushes herself up slowly, balancing on the table next to her, putting little weight onto her legs.

Erasmas
2012-11-15, 12:23 PM
While Mason rests, wandering in and out along the border of sleep, Blake and Jim take vigilant watch over the entrances into the kitchen. The barriers seemed secure, but caution certainly appeared to be in dire need on a day like today.

Francois went about tidying up the kitchen as best he could, with some help from the others that could lend it. After about an hour, the time spent found Francois adding the last of the spices to his creation while Victor finished up dressing Viola's injuries.

It was now nearly ten o'clock at night and exhaustion was evident with everyone, worn alongside bloodstained clothes and the weight of sorrow from the events of the last several hours. The meal that the cook had prepared was fantastic, warming your bellies and putting some small amount of normalcy back into the day as it drew to a close.

GunnDancer
2012-11-15, 12:50 PM
During the quiet of the evening, Victor makes his way over to Viola. A thought weighs heavily on his mind as he squats down next to her. Earlier he had laid her out in a clean corner of the kitchen where he couldn't really fix the damage caused by the slashing claws of the undead... but he was determined to try again in the morning. Maybe daylight would bring better results.

"Viola... I need to talk to you. It's kind of a sensitive subject..."

Leaning close he whispers tentatively in the gymnists ear.

"I'm going to ask you something a bit crazy, and you can say no if you want but you're the only one I think will actually be able to do this..."

Glancing down at his bandaged thigh, his bite wound aching, Victor shakes his head a little.

"It sounds crazy but given what happened today I dont' think it is... I-I need you to kill Mason and me in the event we turn. I've seen enough zombie movies to know it's a strong possiblity..."

Erasmas
2012-11-16, 01:41 PM
Things quiet down for you here in the kitchen, giving you the chance recuperate and prepare yourselves for what the next day might bring. The area of the Sun & Sea Restaurant had been silent both upstairs and the one below since you finished with your fight, at least as far as you could tell. Occasionally, you would hear thumping footsteps running somewhere nearby or screaming off in the distance. But all and all, it seemed as though you might actually be able to get some amount of sleep despite the trauma that your mind and body had been subjected to today.

Blake spends an hour cleaning off his broom handle, sharpening the jagged end into a point and wrapping a strip of cloth around it to form a better grip. Jim fiddles with his chair, hammering the legs and the supports back in with the palm of his hand and cleaning off what he can from the wood. There were some cracks and loose joints that there was little he could do about, but it seemed to help.

Talking it out with the others, you decide that taking turns at watch while the others sleep is probably the best course of action. Blake volunteers to go first, citing the fact that he is used to pulling all-nighters for his job anyways. After a few hours, he will wake up Jim, and so on.

Halfway through the night, however, you are all ripped from your slumber by the shriek of a woman somewhere in the ship. It was immediately followed by thousands of hungry howls and a din of noise as those creatures moved undoubtedly towards wherever that poor woman was. Then, a noise you hadn't heard - blam blam blam - gunfire! The noise of the creatures continued on for another couple of hours before finally dying back down to the level that allows you to eventually drift off back to sleep.

When you awake, sunlight seeping into the stairwell that leads below, you stretch and moan. It was not the best night of rest you have had, sleeping on the hard floor and with those things out there... but it was sleep nonetheless.

Thump
2012-11-17, 10:04 AM
Stretching luxuriously, Viola gives her wound a once-over, and satisfied that it appears to be healing, she stands up slowly, with her broken leg feeling not quite so broken.

"Da. Good morning, comrades.

She then takes the cleaver, noticing its chipped and dulled edges, and takes time to sharpen it.

Taking however much time we have to repair at least half its damage.

GunnDancer
2012-11-17, 06:59 PM
Grunting stiffly as he gets up off the floor, Victor gives himself the once over.

"Still thinking... don't crave brains... I'm going to chalk that one in the 'win' category"

Deciding to give anyone else he hadn't treated yet the once over, he attempts to patch up some wounds he hadn't attended to yet. As he does this he raises the obvious question.

"So... now what?"

moomoo
2012-11-19, 03:48 AM
Francois wakes up with a loud yawn.
He sets about to make his kitchen knife somewhat sharper again.
When Victor asks his question, he just shrugs:
I don't know, I'm just a chef. I guess we start with a nice little breakfast and then decide what we do.
He then starts off making some omelette and bacon.

Umbranar
2012-11-19, 06:45 AM
When Mason wakes up his visioen is much clearier then the night before. Although he is still gravely wounded he tries to get his wrench in a better shape. Never had such a wild night before...bit strange the bites do not seem to effect me and Victor at all. I remember the first people turned in mere minutes.

Repairing the wrench as long as were not moving out.

Erasmas
2012-11-19, 01:51 PM
Spending the morning hours checking on wounds and repairing weapons to the best of your abilities, things seem to be less severe than they did last night. However, if the small remnants of blood here and there on your clothes and in the kitchen, or the barricaded entrances into the room weren't enough... the very fact that you had these kinds of wounds and these weapons were certainly enough to make you realize that the situation outside of this room was very likely still was nothing less than "severe".

Still, Francois managed to make a nice hearty breakfast, consisting of some eggs he thought ahead to pull out last night, before the bodies were all stacked into the freezer. He also made beignets (a kind of french powdered doughnut, you are told) with a honey drizzle over the top.

GunnDancer
2012-11-19, 07:29 PM
While the others are repairing weapons, after Victor goes about patching everyone up the best he can, he scours the kitchen for the first aid kit he knows will be in there. As he does this he speaks out to the others in the kitchen.

"So... we're all going to have to leave sooner rather then later. So I just have two questions: One, Is there a safe place to be found on the ship that has a restroom and two, is there a safe way to get there?"

Thump
2012-11-19, 09:06 PM
Viola momentarily pauses from her repairing of the meat cleaver, and hears Victor's questions. She laughs, and then the entire impact of the past day hits her. The blood everywhere... so much blood... on her hands, on her clothes, everywhere... it's a lot to handle. She sighs, puts down the meat cleaver, and leans back on the wall.

"Well, you two didn't die immediately from your wounds, did you? I mean... the old man had his throat torn out, and God only knows what happened to the others..."

She sniffles a bit, and then turns to Victor.

"There should be a room right down the corridor for that... but it might not be safe. If worst comes to worst... you could aways use a bucket."

moomoo
2012-11-25, 05:59 AM
When Francois has cleaned up everything used during cooking and put it more or less in its rightful place. He gathers the others and starts explaining what he knows about the ship so that they might get a battle plan ready for when they go out. He tries to give a description as accurate as possible about Decks 10 and Decks 9 and ends with If we can get to Deck 8, there is a bridge we should be able to defend in case of incoming danger. What do you guys think?

GunnDancer
2012-11-25, 12:18 PM
Victor glances over at Viola and flushes a bit.

"I don't need to go or anything, but I imagine in the next few hours it's probably going to be of critical importance that we're in a place we can defend that has running water and flushing toliets."

Looking over at Francois, Victor rubs the back of his head in a nervous gesture.

"I trust you and Mason. You guys know this ship a lot better than anyone else so if you think Deck 8 is best then I think we should head there."

Thump
2012-11-26, 11:53 AM
Giving a small smile, Viola starts to formulate a few ideas, speaking while almost lost in thought.

"Well, if we're going to head to the bridge, we should probably get some sort of protection against these abominations.

"Though... what do we do when we clear the bridge?"

Erasmas
2012-11-26, 01:12 PM
Blake pipes up.

"Hail the f^cking Coast Guard and hitch a ride home! I don't know about the rest of you, but I want off of this floating death trap."

GunnDancer
2012-11-26, 07:35 PM
Hearing Blake pipe up into the conversation, Victor nods thoughtfully before speaking.

"Alright people, smoke 'em if you got 'em..."

Tucking the apron satchel into his belt, he pats the pilfered first aid supplies through the thick cloth. It might only hold the meager supplies right now, but he planned on snatching up as much first aid gear as they could carry.

Francois, see if you can make a few more packs out of aprons and load them up with non perishables... I know this is a cruise but who knows when we'll get to stop and eat like regular folks again."

Taking a deep breath, he approaches one of the exits and gestures to either one.

"As my Dad always says... when in doubt, go right. Of course, he got lost quite a bit..."

moomoo
2012-11-27, 02:54 AM
Francois quickly goes to work on his own apron packet. He fills it with a bit of power food as well as some tin cans for the long term.

When he is ready, he looks at the others: Ready to get out of 'ere when you are.

razorback
2012-11-27, 09:37 AM
Jim, feeling better after the food the nights rest, kind of drifts in his mind a bit as the others plan around him, his thoughts on whether he is healed or if something is slowly simmering in his blood.
As a man of science, you have to consider that whatever was done to these other people might slowly be incubating inside you and the others he thinks grimly to himself.

As the others gather together to find a safer place to hold out, he snaps back to attention. Grabbing his chair, he stands up as a thought pops into his head.

"Hey, do you guys think that we can turn the tops of these tables or something else into some kind of moving barricade? Kind of like the police use their shields against mobs or riots?"

Thump
2012-11-27, 02:51 PM
"Hmm... probably not. They're too large and bulky. Besides, they could just turn around or flank us, and we'd be defenseless if they did so."

Eyeing the battered food tray that Victor has, Viola pipes up quickly.

"Hey! Maybe if we can find more food trays like Victor's, we can make shields! The only question is... how would we fix them to our arms?"

razorback
2012-11-28, 09:23 AM
Jim ponders for a moment before he responds.

"You're probably right... I was thinking mobile barricade... you no, best defense is to not be there, but second best is to be able to being kept from being hit"

Erasmas
2012-11-28, 01:22 PM
Victor grabs the serving trays as Francois lends him the ice pick. Holding each one still in turn, Mason hammers on the impromptu awl with his wrench, easily puncturing four holes into each tray. It causes no small amount of metallic echo throughout the kitchen and soon, moaning can be heard outside the doors and from down the stairwell.

As the athlete starts working with the twine, Viola and Francois attempt to help... but it ends up being a "too many cooks in the kitchen" type situation. Between that and the fact that the twine seems entirely too fragile, it begins to look as though the shield idea will not work out. However, Victor then hits on an idea... instead of using the chef's twine, perhaps taking the shoe laces out of the zombie's shoes would work better!

moomoo
2012-11-28, 04:13 PM
When he has put on one of the shields, Francois congratulates Viola and Jim:
Très bien, good idea.
He adds to that:
I zink we can better leave soon, before too many of them are together outside.
After which he moves out to one of the doors.

GunnDancer
2012-11-28, 07:38 PM
As Francois readies himself at the door, Victor joins him, frying pan held high, shield at the ready.

"If someone would be so kind to open the door and then rapidly move out of the way..."

His heart races, pounding like a jack hammer as readies himself for whatever lies on the other side of the door. His wounded leg gives a slight twinge as he remembers the bite.

"Not this time you undead bastards..."

razorback
2012-11-28, 08:19 PM
As Victor and Francois head towards the door, Jim joins them, chair raised slight above his head in order to bring it down quickly and efficiently, even if the chair shakes just a bit as the nerves get to him.

"Ready when you guys are."

Thump
2012-11-28, 10:00 PM
"Let them come. We will show them exactly WHY THEY DO NOT PUT THEIR HANDS DOWN THERE."

With that, she picks up her meat cleaver and crutch, and takes her place among the others.

Umbranar
2012-11-29, 01:50 AM
Still a bit stiff from last fight but I cant wait to give them bloody biters more than they bargained for.

moomoo
2012-11-29, 02:37 AM
Seeing that everyone is in battle stance, Francois puts his hand on the handle.
OK, I will open the door at 3, 1.... 2.... THREE
He swings the door open and...

Erasmas
2012-11-29, 11:47 AM
Having moved the prep-table-barricade away from one of the swinging doors that lead out into the restaurant, your group tried to convince themselves that they were prepared for battle once more. Steeling yourselves, Francois gives the door a slight nudge to cause it to swing and when it returns, he grips the edge and counts.

When the door is flung back into the kitchen, you see the small hallway that was intended to keep the entrance to the kitchen somewhat "hidden" from the eyes of the dining guests. Moving out into that hallway, Victor leading your ragtag crew, the pentathlete sees a solitary thing standing in the middle of the tables and chairs - an obese man that was dressed like he wanted everyone to know that he was a tourist. Blood and chunks of gore clung to the front of his shirt like vomit on a frat boy on Saturday night. His demeanor, similarly, reminded you of a drunk that had forgotten why he had entered a room and was looking about as if the furniture might remind him of his purpose.


http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v71/Erasmas/Dead%20End/ZombieTourist.jpg

The location, just to clarify
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v71/Erasmas/Dead%20End/AllYouCanEat2.jpg

And if you guys intend to engage... then we will need Initiative rolls, please!

Thump
2012-11-30, 07:59 AM
Spotting the zombie almost immediately, Viola moves in to take immediate action against it, meat cleaver resting on her shoulder, sauntering close to it.

"Hey! This is a private boat! You're not invited here! So I say GET OFF!"

With that, she bangs her crutch on the floor, catching its attention, watching its hungry glare with amusement.

"See this blood on the blade? There will be more on it. It will be yours."

Umbranar
2012-12-03, 05:48 AM
Wait for it so we have the first swing! Mason says as he goes forward and readies.

moomoo
2012-12-03, 06:01 AM
Francois follows quickly behind Mason, holding his ears and eyes open, he says silently:
Please don't shout all the time, more zombies will come.

Umbranar
2012-12-04, 02:44 AM
Mason whispers back, Your right but everyone needs to know the plan before they screw up badly.

razorback
2012-12-04, 08:47 AM
Jim nods at Mason in silent agreement.
"Wait for it and we all attack at once. Maybe a couple of us hold it down while the others finish it?" he whispers to the others.

Erasmas
2012-12-04, 02:26 PM
The large man turns as you all begin to round the corner, making a moaning gurgle mixed with a deep-throated scream. As he charged, Mason readied his pipe wrench to strike. Once the man was close enough, the mechanic let it swing and strike it did, clocking the overweight man across the cheek and temple. The creature's hand, curled into the claw-like position you saw with some of the creatures last night, slams into the nearest table instead of where its aim was initially; thrown off course by the severity of Mason's attack. Browning pieces of lettuce and wilted vegetables fly everywhere and the man's limb shatters a plate full of yesterday's salad.

Erasmas
2012-12-05, 11:44 AM
Blake grips his broom handle and nudges Victor, motioning around the long way with a jerk of his head.

The lawyer then moves the other direction behind the kitchen and disappears around the corner.

Victor follows Blake, intent on working his way around behind the large man. However, he nearly bumps into the lawyer as he rounds the corner and unexpectedly finds him stopped dead in his tracks. There, between two of the tables and hidden because of the angle from the rest of the group, was another one of those things! At one time, this one appears to have been a bartender aboard the ship.


http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v71/Erasmas/Dead%20End/ZombieSteward.jpg

Thump
2012-12-06, 11:57 AM
Viola, in the middle of her sentence, is cut off by a loud thwack. She sees Mason crack the zombie across the head, and she looks mildly disappointed.

"Well, if you're going to be like that..."

She picks up a glass tumbler not unlike the one she had earlier, and tries to throw it at the zombie.

"Why don't I give you a glass?"

Erasmas
2012-12-06, 01:31 PM
Viola grabs a nearly empty glass and hurls it at the creature. Droplets of liquid trail through the air as the projectile slams into the forehead of the man, cracking the tumbler before it falls to the floor and rolls off somewhere. The thing reels for a moment before righting himself and grimacing at the gymnast.

moomoo
2012-12-06, 01:52 PM
If you get to throw things, I also get to throw things.

Francois moves behind the table on his left and throws his kitchen knife at the zombie tourist.

Erasmas
2012-12-06, 02:16 PM
The chef sidesteps and readies his arm, throwing his trusted kitchen blade at the man. However, the throw goes wild and clangs against the outer wall of the kitchen and falls amongst the eatery of one of the place settings behind the creature!

Erasmas
2012-12-07, 12:12 PM
Jim picks up a plate and tosses it like a Frisbee at the obese man. The plate breaks against the creature's brow and a fragment of the porcelain missile continues through the momentum, gashing open the side of his face. A large flap of skin, falls down over the thing's ear, held in place only by the inner ear canal. While the damage that had been sustained by this man has been more than enough to take down the monsters you have fought before... this one still stands!

Meanwhile, on the other side of the kitchen, the bartender howls as she rushes around the table and charges Blake. He tries to get his broom handle between her and himself, but is over-stricken with fear. The woman reaches out with both of her claw-like hands and rends open the stomach of the lawyer. His intestines and other unidentifiable organs slip out of his shirt and spill out onto the carpeted floor of the restaurant. The bartender creature drops to her knees and begins devouring the slippery insides as Blake turns towards Victor, all of the color draining out of his face and his eyes wide.

"Help me... please..."

GunnDancer
2012-12-08, 06:33 PM
"Ohgodohgodohgod...."

Despite his limited training in the art of combat he had never seen anyone die before him... and never in a gruesome manner like this. Stunned for a brief moment, his fight response kicks in and he moves forward quickly, bringing the heavy frying pan down on the zombies head in a silent grimace, desperate to kill this thing eating his new friend.

Erasmas
2012-12-10, 11:49 AM
Mason steps forward and smashes his pipe wrench into the top of the man's skull, sinking the steel tool's weight into his brain. The large creature shivers and then collapses, the force of him falling causing the floor beneath your feet to vibrate.

Meanwhile, Blake's face turns from pleading with Victor to staring down in disbelief at the young woman now feasting on his innards as he staggers to his knees. The pentathlete steps to the side and brings his frying pan down on the oblivious thing, connected hard with her neck and sending her face-first into the bloody entrails of the lawyer. Although the creature appeared to have a severely broken neck and had lost control of her entire body, her mouth still chewed the bite of liver that she had already taken and the eyes hungrily yearned for more of the visceral buffet that was sprawled all over the floor.

Thump
2012-12-10, 12:13 PM
Viola looks around, and realizes that Victor and Blake had disappeared, and she hears wet, fleshy, tearing sounds from the other end of the hall, followed by a loud CLANG, and a roar of pain.

Dammit, what have they-

She comes up to the corner, and is greeted by a horrible sight of another zombie with its face in the stomach of the now-kneeling, possibly dead lawyer, with a large dent in its neck. Victor was trying to bat it away.

"BLAKE! He's in trouble, get over here!"

She moves as fast as she can towards the two, fearing that she is already too late. She hears the terrible, ghastly chewing and slurping of the zombie on the slippery entrails, and she holds back the urge to vomit.

moomoo
2012-12-10, 02:39 PM
You guys go right ahead, I will find my knife and be right behind you.

razorback
2012-12-11, 08:29 AM
Hearing Viola, Jim rushes over to the partially gnawed upon lawyer, bringing down his chair onto the... thing feasting on him.


Attack
[roll0]

Damage
[roll1]



He fights back to turn away at the last moment, finding a previously unknown in strength as he steels himself for the blow on the once human, but the sight of someone he knows being eaten causes him to fail to keep his eye on the creature.

Erasmas
2012-12-11, 01:13 PM
The chemistry teacher jogs over, passing Viola, and is shocked at the grisly scene laid out before him. Despite his reservations, he steps forward and drives one of his chair's legs hard into the back of the bartender thing's head. With the force, he finishes off the monster, but the strike also causes the supports on the chair to finally splinter and the whole thing comes apart. It falls, in pieces, onto the gory tangled mess that remains of Blake of the bartender.

Erasmas
2012-12-12, 01:34 PM
Mason moves forward to investigate the noise that he heard, keeping his pipe wrench and serving-tray-shield at the ready. Francois moves right behind him, quickly retrieving his knife from among the dirty dishes left on the table. Both men see another one of those things making its way up the main staircase of the Sun & Sea Restaurant. It appears to one have been a Hispanic man, who sported many facial wounds and whose left eyeball was hanging from its socket. The cook and the mechanic could both see that there appeared to be at least two more also making their way to the stairs! One seemed to be a middle-aged woman with dyed red hair that appeared to have been celebrating something, judging by the feather boa and the gaudy way she was dressed. The other was a Hispanic teenage girl in a simple light blue sundress, missing her right arm. She appeared to be following the man that was already halfway up the stairs.

GunnDancer
2012-12-13, 12:48 PM
Breathing heavily, Victor stares wide eyed down at the body of his recent-friend Blake. Trembling slightly he swallows hard as he fights back the urge to vomit and looks up at Viola and Jim.

"We were... were going to sneak around the other side and then... then..."

He trails off as he hears the growlings and rumblings of more undead coming, his face setting firm as he grips his frying pan tightly.

"You guys go see what that is about... I... I'll deal with Blake. No one should have to come back as one of those things..."

Thump
2012-12-13, 01:51 PM
The diminutive woman snaps back to attention as Victor stammers his explanation. She leans heavily on her undamaged leg, and almost interrupts him until he mentions a disturbance.

"What do you hear? I don't-"

Grrrumble......

"Oh."

She takes a moment to peer into Victor's eyes, and pats him on the back.

"If you don't want to do that, I'll do it. You've seen enough of him for one day, don't put yourself through that. It's not your fault he died, neither is it his own. We are faced with a very grim situation, and not all of us may even make it. However, I promise you, no, ALL of you this; if God wills us to join him, we will go down fighting. While our bodies may betray us, we will keep steadfast in heart and mind."

razorback
2012-12-14, 09:04 AM
Jim, seeing more coming, rushes over and picks up a chair to use as a makeshift weapon/shield.

"We have to get out of here. If we get locked down into a fight, we run the risk of getting overrun" he says in a low but intense voice.

With that, moves around Victor and tries to moves quickly and silently towards the noise.

Erasmas
2012-12-14, 11:18 AM
The Hispanic father creature tops the stairs and closes with Mason, swinging his splayed fingers at the mechanic!

GunnDancer
2012-12-14, 12:40 PM
Victor stares into Violas eyes intensely for several seconds and then his shoulders sag and he slowly nods his head.

"Okay... But if you need help don't stick around here. Just come get us... and don't linger."

Watching Jim rush off to help Mason and Francois, Victor moves to do the same, turning back briefly.

"Thank you..."

Erasmas
2012-12-17, 01:00 PM
Mason dodges away from the clawing creature, and then swings his wrench in retaliation... only to miss as well!

moomoo
2012-12-17, 01:21 PM
Francois storms at the hispanic:
Taste zis, putain!

Erasmas
2012-12-17, 05:26 PM
The frenchman steps forward and thrusts his arm out across the table, driving his knife directly into the open eye-socket of the creature. The man twitches twice while still standing, and then collapses in a heap on the floor.

The two remaining monsters move further up the stairs, if opposite directions. The older of the two crests the top of the stairs and begins making her way towards Jim and Victor, snarling her blood-stained teeth.

Viola leans forward over Blake's body, his back resting against the nearby booth and his eyes staring blankly downward. The gymnast picks up a nearby tumbler and smashes both the glass and the lawyer's skull.

Thump
2012-12-18, 04:58 PM
Recovering from the heavy smash, she plucks tiny shards of glass out of her hand with a look of sadness weighing on her face.

"
Покойся с миром, друг."

With that, she carefully takes a cloth from one of the tables surrounding and lays it over the now-mutilated body of Blake.

"Бог благословит вашу душу."

razorback
2012-12-19, 07:45 AM
"Come on" Jim whispers harshly over his shoulder as, holding the leg of what is left his chair, rushes up to the woman at the top of the stairs and tries to club her in the head.
"We have to take... it out as quickly as possible. You saw what these things did to Blake!"


To hit
[roll0]

Damage
[roll1]

Erasmas
2012-12-19, 12:59 PM
Jim moves forward, rounding a table as the middle-aged woman with shockingly red hair hisses at him. He quickly steps forward and clocks her upside the head with his impromptu club, causing a solid thunk to echo throughout the room.

GunnDancer
2012-12-19, 10:40 PM
His face contorted with anger, Victor steps up and attempts to smash that zombie square in the face. Still shaken, he is determined to avenge Blake... by killing this zombie and every other zombie he can lay a fry pan on.

Erasmas
2012-12-20, 11:14 AM
The pentathlete charges forward and smashes in the face of the woman, causing the blood-soaked tails of her boa to fly up in the air as she reeled backwards from the blow... tumbling back down the stairs with audible snaps and wet thuds.

Erasmas
2012-12-21, 02:12 PM
Mason runs forward, coming part of the way down the stairs to meet the Hispanic girl head-on. However, when he swings at the teenager, his wrench slips out of his hand and falls onto the landing below!

moomoo
2012-12-27, 04:45 AM
Francois was right behind Mason when he sees that his friend loses his weapon.
Woah, get back 'ere, Mason, I wiel handle thies.

Erasmas
2012-12-27, 04:51 PM
The Hispanic teenager gnashes her teeth at Mason's shins, the mechanic dodging and lifting his legs back out of the way in an awkward sort of dance. Luckily, it works, and the creature's nasty bite misses him.

Thump
2012-12-28, 12:48 PM
"Hai. I am coming!"

With this, she sets off at a fast(er) pace, limping with each step. She grabs a glass as she passes by, with a soft giggle.

I guess they wouldn't want me to be working here. I'd break everything. So clumsy... stupid leg.

razorback
2012-12-28, 01:30 PM
As everything is happening, Jim begins to think of these things as zombies... even if it isn't scientifically possible.
Empirically impossible! he thinks to himself.

But, seeing the zombie girl taking a bite out of Mason, Jim rushes forward, the remains of his chair held high as he rushes the girl and tries to smash her in her head.


Attack
[roll0]

Crit confirmation
[roll1]

Damage
[roll2]

GunnDancer
2012-12-28, 02:46 PM
"Jim, wait!"

Victor hisses in a loud whisper as the teacher goes rushing to aid Mason. It's not that he wouldn't be doing the same thing, but the zombies are clearly coming up from those stairs! Gripping his frying pan more tightly, Victor glances back at Viola, gesturing with his shield for her to hurry over and keeps a close watch on the stairs. He's not about to let anyone else get lunched on today if he can help it!

Erasmas
2012-12-28, 03:05 PM
Jim charges down the stairs, his chair-leg-club held high, and swings at the creature attempting to bite at Mason. However, his aim is just barely too high and his bludgeoning strike whistles through the air above her head. The mechanic tries to take advantage of Jim's distraction and swings his fist at the girl in a parting shot... missing wildly as she nimbly dodges out of the way.

Somewhat defeated, Mason falls back to the top of the stairs, allowing Francois to move into position.

moomoo
2012-12-29, 04:33 AM
When Mason falls backwards, Francois jumps forward, his kitchen knife at the ready:
Surprise, putain.

Erasmas
2013-01-02, 11:16 AM
The chef cuts through the air as the creature whips her head around at the approach of Jim. Francois' attack connects at the back of the girl's head, cutting deeply through the bone and causing a waterfall of blood to cascade down her back and instantly begin matting her hair. At the Frenchman's strike, the teenager comes about and rakes her hand in furious retaliation!

Erasmas
2013-01-03, 12:59 PM
Viola moves into position at the top of the stairs behind Victor and hurls the tumbler at the monstrous teenage girl, missing her wildly and sending the glass crashing somewhere unseen into the lower level of the restaurant below you.

razorback
2013-01-04, 12:54 AM
Jim frets for a moment, seeing the mechanic wrench before realizing he would be turning his back to The girl... the girl! he thinks to himself.

Taking a swing at this pale imitation of a person, he says to those in ear shot "Maybe we should dog pile her and tie her up?" as he lives a bit in denial of what is still happening around him.


Zombie Mija attack
[roll0] includes +2 for flanking

Crit confirmation
[roll1]

Damage
[roll2]

Erasmas
2013-01-04, 11:34 AM
Jim brings his chair leg down on top of the girl's head, caving in her skull and spattering himself and Francois with a fine red mist. The creature's eyes roll back into her head and she falls onto the stairs, sliding down onto the landing as the chemistry teacher dances out of the way.

Mason immediately moves to retrieve his wrench, picking up the steel tool and hefting it's weight in his hand with a crooked smile.

"Now, don't leave me like that, sweetheart."

moomoo
2013-01-05, 01:32 PM
With the sensation of the battle fading, Francois becomes aware of pain in his chest. Looking down, he sees blood spilling out of the wound created by the wretched zombie.
Merde. he mumbles and looks around for some aid nearby.
He takes some napkins from the tables nearby and tries to stop the bleeding by pressing it agains his chest.

razorback
2013-01-07, 07:47 AM
Jim looks over to Mason and throws an arm around him to move him away from the stairs.
"We have to take you somewhere we can defend while we bandage you up."

Looking at the others, he says "Can one of you find me something to replace this?" he says as he holds up the battered remains of his chair. "I have a feeling that won't be the last time we run into... uhm... one of those people." he says clumsily as he avoids using the Z word.

Erasmas
2013-01-07, 10:54 AM
Suddenly, the ship's PA system within the Sun & Sea Restaurant crackles to life and you hear voices.

"...can trust them?"

"Trust me."

There is a pause, and then the second voice continues.

"Attention to the group in the Restaur... what is it called???... the group in the Sun & Sea... we, uhh... we saw what happened to the man that was with you; I am so sorry. We are another group of survivors and have been watching the security cameras and we found you. We are in the..."

There is a scuffling sound as whatever microphone this person was using is jostled about. You hear animated, but murmured conversation... as if the microphone was now covered up. Finally, after an agonizingly long moment, the woman's voice comes back.

"Get to one of the phones and call... 9-2 and then press 0. Be careful - those monsters are everywhere."

And just like that... the voice is gone.

razorback
2013-01-08, 12:36 AM
Jim stand for a moment, the mechanic slung over his arm, as the voices call out. Coming out of his shock, he quickly hustles up the stairs and looks around for a phone.

"Quick, take a look around." he says in a harsh whisper "If they can find out where these, uh, people are coming from, they can let us know where we have to defend ourselves from."

With that, he scans around for one of the ships services phones, bumping Mason into a table in the process.

Erasmas
2013-01-08, 11:11 AM
All of you recall that on Deck 10 (the upper level of the restaurant), there was a phone inside the kitchen. Francois can tell you that on Deck 9, there is one behind where you currently are on the staircase, behind the buffet counter.

Thump
2013-01-08, 02:00 PM
"We heard her. Let us go. Besides, isn't it nice to know that we're not the only people~ sorry, HUMANS, left alive on this ship?"

With that, she begins to slowly walk towards the buffet counter, and knocks on the counter a couple of times, before backing away to the nearest piece of cover.

moomoo
2013-01-09, 03:26 AM
Francois nods his approval at the words of Viola, and follows her, while still trying to treat his wound.

razorback
2013-01-09, 09:49 AM
Jim follows by the young woman and the cook, the mechanic still being half carried.
Letting the others do the talking, he keeps look out for more of the creatures while also looking for something to replace the splintered piece of wood in his hand.

"How are you doing?" he says to Mason. "Once we are somewhere safe, we'll have a look at you. Keep an eye out for more of... them."

Erasmas
2013-01-09, 12:12 PM
You all make your way slowly down the remainder of the stairs and over to the buffet counter. Viola knocks twice on the Formica-topped surface before hobbling back near a table or distance and cover. However, after several seconds... none of you saw or heard anything.

Moving back behind the counter, you all indeed find a telephone terminal mounted directly to the backside of the long section of serving surface.

Thump
2013-01-09, 12:34 PM
Satisfied that no abominations lie behind the counter, Viola takes a few moments to clear the counter, and slowly climbs over it, being very careful not to injure her leg. She walks up to the phone, and dials.

"Nine, two.. zero."

Riiiing.

GunnDancer
2013-01-09, 12:43 PM
While the coast is momentarily clear, Victor busts out his first aid kit and starts attending to the wounded.

"We should keep an eye out for more of these... always good to resupply..."

Erasmas
2013-01-09, 03:37 PM
While the others heal up and keep watch, the gymnast dials the phone.

Viola hears a woman's voice pick up the other end; she is most certainly American.

"H... Hello? My name is Gina. Are you guys okay?"

Thump
2013-01-09, 05:13 PM
"Mostly. We're in a... what would you say...", she mumbles to herself quickly... "in a patchwork situation. One of us just died, the rest of us have been injured. I took a scratch to my unbroken leg, one of the cooks, Francois, took a slash to the chest,and one of the others was bitten in the neck. He's not dead, nor does he seem to be turning..."

She turns around to look at Mason, who looks fairly pale.

"...for the moment. We've treated ourselves with first aid. How is your group?"

Erasmas
2013-01-10, 11:33 AM
"We, uh... we lost some..."

She begins and then falters. You can hear the emotion welling up in the wavering of the woman's voice and then she breaks down entirely. The receiver is moved away from her and you can hear her sobbing now in the background. Then, the receiver is picked up by someone else, this one an American man.

"Look; I'm sorry about your friend, or whoever he was. Gina thinks that we should gather our groups together... to 'have strength in numbers'. She wants to tell you where we are because, for the moment at least, it seems secure. But before I tell you anything that could compromise that security... I have to know that I can trust all of you."

razorback
2013-01-11, 09:04 AM
Jim looks around to find something that he can defend himself with while half listening to this side of the conversation.
He gives a nonplussed look to the others as he tries to figure out what is being said, not sure how well the conversation is going.
As he continues to look, he grinds his teeth together under the stress of the situation as he mutters to no one in particular "Of all the crap luck, I had to be stuck on this ship. Couldn't have picked the week before or after?" he says and shakes his head back and forth."Probably should have invited the ex..." he says with a dark grin.

Erasmas
2013-01-11, 12:44 PM
As Jim pokes around a little bit, he finds a lot more of the same... glass tumblers, plates, silverware, chairs. He also, however, manages to find an "aim n' flame" type lighter, six cans of unopened Sterno, a rotisserie spike (with the now-rotting leg of lamb still on it), and another fire extinguisher tucked away behind the counter.

moomoo
2013-01-16, 01:59 PM
Francois doesn't grin back at the words of Jim, because they make him think of his wife and children back at home.
Sad that you and you're wife are no longer together, I hope I can see my wife and children back alive some day, that is the whole reason why I fight these things.
Looking down saying this, he sees his wound and adds silently:
And why I hope to not become one of them...

Erasmas
2013-01-17, 01:07 PM
The voice on the other end of the phone says, rather impatiently, "Hello?!"

GunnDancer
2013-01-17, 01:16 PM
After foraging with Jim a bit, Victor slides the rotting meat off the rotissiere spike and gives it a few experimental swings.

"Hmm... seems a lot like the heavy rapiers we used for training. Yes, this will do very nice."

Satisfied with his find, Victor leaves his fry pan in front of Jim, nodding to it.

"It's all yours if you want it. It served me well but my training is in sword play, not tennis."

Sliding the rotisierre-spit-now-sword into his belt and ambling over to Viola, he gives one last look at Mason, satisfied with his work for now. Shaking his head in amazement at how rapidly he's picked up first aid he catches the tail end of the "hello" from an impatient sounding gentleman and quirks an eyebrow at Viola.

"Everything okay?"

Thump
2013-01-17, 01:46 PM
"Yes, I'm still here... here, why don't you talk to someone else?"

She then lowers the phone, and then turns to the others.

"Can someone ELSE talk to this man? I'm in no state to do so."

moomoo
2013-01-17, 01:57 PM
Francois sees that Viola seems to be a bit irritated about something. He takes over the telephone and asks:
Yes, is zere a problem?

Erasmas
2013-01-17, 02:37 PM
Francois takes the phone and catches the tail-end of the voice speaking, though it is quiet... as if the person was not speaking directly into the receiver.

"... the phone to somebody else."

When the Frenchman resumes the conversation, the other man replies to him. "You mean... aside from over half the people onboard going crazy and trying to eat the rest of us?! No... other than that, everything is just fine. Look; our group is held up and safe for the time being. Gina thinks that we should tell you where we are and have our groups... combine. But I want to know that I can trust all of you before I tell you anything about where we are. If that's too much to ask, then perhaps it's just better for all of us to stay separated."

moomoo
2013-01-18, 02:45 AM
Francois takes a deep breath, luckily stress resistancy and remaining calm was a good quality of most chefs of big kitchens:
Okay, just stay calm sir, I am Francois, I am... uh, was the chef on zis ship before zis happened. My friends and me got stuck in the freezer when zis.. zing broke out and now we are trying to get somewhere more safe. I don't know how we can make you trust us, but if you could help us in any way, it would be much appreciated.

Erasmas
2013-01-18, 11:28 AM
"Calm?! Who the...", the voice started in but was cut off by conversation on the other end of the line. The phone sounded like it was passed off again.

"Coo coo ca choo, everybody... let's all just take a pill and let it simmer."

This voice, you recognized. It belonged to a man from California that worked as one of the 'Adventure Consultants' that helped the guests along the onboard obstacle course. You knew him best because on the last voyage, he managed to convince you to let him use the kitchen after hours to make a batch of marijuana brownies, which you may or may not have helped with. His name, was Dalton Brody... but everyone that knew him called him Chase (both because of his thrill-seeking nature and because he was fond of women).

His West Coast drawl continued, "Now, let's see what magic the Chase Man can work, shall we?" He cleared his throat; whether he was aware that everything he had said so far was already heard, it was impossible to tell. "Attention, other people... my name is Chase and I am a crew member aboard this ship, the most beautiful Persephone. How may I be of assistance?"

moomoo
2013-01-18, 01:31 PM
Francois smiles when he hears this familiar voice on the line. This already seemed a lot better then the hotheaded person before.
Chase, zis is Francois, how are you doing?
He adds, answering his question of being of assistance:
Are you in ze security room, if so, you can see where these zings are, no?

Erasmas
2013-01-18, 05:20 PM
Chase erupts in joyous laughter.

"Chunky Monkey?!?! You survived?! How awesome is that, bro!"

He had taken to calling you that and, although you knew it was because of your weight, you had also come to realize that Chase had absolutely no intentions of it being hurtful and it had almost become... endearing, in a way. Plus... you knew that it was also his favorite flavor of ice cream.

"Righteous. And ix-nay on Security, big man... it's total bummersville down there. We tried that last night and some of us got kinda scratched up. We're on the bridge right now..."

You can hear the upset of someone else nearby Chase on the other end.

"Chill... chill... take it down a notch, Cochise. It's cool... I know Chunky Monkey and he's good peoples."

GunnDancer
2013-01-18, 09:07 PM
Victor can only catch bits and peices of the conversation, both eyebrows raising at the name "Chunky Monkey", but he only shakes his head, turning away from Francois to keep an eye on the entry way leading to this area. As he does so, he glances from Jim, to Mason, and then to Viola. Blake still weighed on him heavily and he was determined that no one else would meet that fate if he could help it.

Erasmas
2013-01-21, 11:09 AM
As the phone conversation continued, all of you suddenly hear a loud crash, almost like splintering wood, followed by a blood-chilling scream. And then it was quiet once more. It sounded quite some distance off, further forward on the ship.

moomoo
2013-01-21, 11:37 AM
Look Chase, we were trying to get to the bridge as well. Can you tell me which route is the safest?
After the crash
Merde, you guys saw what happened?

Erasmas
2013-01-21, 12:21 PM
Chase makes a sound not unlike air escaping from a balloon, "Sheesh, bro... from the Sun & Sea? You probably wanna go through the Kitchen on Deck 9, through the pantry, to the service..."

When you ask your new question, he pauses.

"What happened to who, Chunky Monkey?", there is a brief silence. "They're sayin' that you guys are solo a mano, Big Kahuna... no bozos around you guys."

moomoo
2013-01-21, 01:02 PM
Breathing heavily, Francois continued:
Ok... ok, so the kitchen on deck 9, through the pantry,..
There was a bit of an urge in his voice, since he doesn't feel really safe here anymore

razorback
2013-01-22, 07:21 AM
Jim continues to stand on lookout as the conversation regarding their survival carries on in the background.
Man, oh, man he thinks to himself What the hell is going on here? How can this be happening?
No that he's had a few moments to calm down and reflect on what has happened, he realizes how bad the situation is and is dwelling on what is happening to the 'others'.

Erasmas
2013-01-22, 01:43 PM
"Exactly... Kitchen on Deck 9, where you guys are currently hangin' out, through the pantry, and to the service elevator. Then down to Deck 8 and you're just a hop, skip, and a jump away, bro. You do have to go past a lot of state rooms to get there, so watch your backside, French Toast. Oh, and dude, could you grab a bottle of vino on your way through the pantry? I think it might help smooth things over for me with that little hottie you got there with you. I mean, you aren't hooking up with the kitten on crutches, are you?"

The rest of you heard nothing more from the outburst of commotion from a few seconds before.

"What? Oh... oh, hey, Chunky Monkey. I am being informed that you have some of the creep-a-zoids coming up on you from the stern, so you might wanna skedaddle, dude."

moomoo
2013-01-22, 03:33 PM
Ok..., thank you Chase, I will make sure to bring you the finest French wine I can find. See you later.
Francois ends the conversation and turns to the group:
We need to move, zey are coming... We can get at the bridge via the kitchen, through the pantry so we can take the service elevator to Deck 8.

GunnDancer
2013-01-22, 04:32 PM
Upon hearing that more were heading their way Victor let out a quiet sigh.

:"Perfect... At least we got a limited reprieve. Alright Francois, you know best. As they say in Scotland, Lead on MacDuff."

Adjusting his satchel and checking the straps on his shield, he gives himself a cursory look over. Satisfied, he unsheathes his "sword" and swings it with a flourish. Victor wouldn't be caught unaware this time.

Thump
2013-01-22, 05:26 PM
Viola gives a small smirk at the rotisserie spit that Victor now brandishes as a makeshift rapier.

"I'd guess then that your rapier makes you happy?"

She stands up, and slowly spins the cleaver by the hole in its handle, catching it by the blunt edge with now practiced ease, which was what most people would guess be what she was doing when they had downtime.

"So, Francois. Who was that you were talking to?"

GunnDancer
2013-01-22, 08:09 PM
Smirking a little, Victor rolls his eyes at Viola.

"Yeah yeah... I've heard all the jokes about a man and his sword before. Can't walk ten feet in the Olympic Village without hearing one."

moomoo
2013-01-23, 05:30 AM
That was Chase, he works.. or worked here on the ship too. He is a friend of mine.
Francois says as he starts making his way back to the kitchen.

Erasmas
2013-01-23, 02:55 PM
"Right... let's do this.", Mason added as he lead the way with Francois. The two of them open both of the double doors leading into the Final Prep Station, outside of the actual kitchen... this was the part that the guests were supposed to be able to see. It was a decent-sized space, about fifteen feet or so deep at the wall were the doors were; and it tapered wider, ultimately ending in a back wall that was probably around forty five feet across. There were two other doors in that back wall, both of which led into the actual kitchen here on Deck 9. The staircase that granted access to the kitchen upstairs (where the deep freezer was), was situated on the other side of the wall, between the two doors that you could now see.

The Prep Room appeared to be empty, though there was a massive pool of blood in front of the rightmost butcher's block.


http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v71/Erasmas/Dead%20End/GoingDown1_zps6e7ef573.jpg

moomoo
2013-01-24, 02:37 PM
Wow, zis looks ugly. We better watch out from zis part on.
Francois says as he moves to the doors that lead to the kitchen.

Thump
2013-01-24, 03:50 PM
"Riiight... keep on moving, people."

Viola is a bit grossed out at the scene, but she keeps following Francois, listening for anything out of the ordinary.

GunnDancer
2013-01-24, 04:06 PM
"Whoa... hold up guys!"

Victors voice is hardly above a whisper now as he points to the bloody foot prints on the floor.

"We may not be alone in here..."

razorback
2013-01-25, 04:13 AM
Jim nods towards Victor and then mimes someone turning down the volume on a radio to the others.

Squatting down, he looks down underneath anything that might hide one of the creepers before proceeding slowly ahead.

Erasmas
2013-01-25, 01:06 PM
You push forward slowly, as a unit, following the gory footprints to the left door. Opening it, you find yourselves in the Kitchen Proper... similar in many ways to the one that you knew was up the bloodied stairs right beside you. Stepping over the mess at the bottom of the stairs - leftover from your battle last night, where Yasmine had fallen down them - you see that there are five additional exits from this room beside the two doors from the Prep Room. Two single doors lead back out into the Buffet eating area, one single door is marked as "The Trattoria" and another as "Happy Valley", and a set of double swinging doors leads (you are told by Francois) into the Pantry.

GunnDancer
2013-01-25, 01:16 PM
Victor quirks his head to the side, listening intently. His eyes dart about as he struggles to take it all in. This would be a bad place for zombies to show up and if it were a horror movie that is exactly what would happen with everyone running through a different door... Stop it! It's not a movie! This is real life! he thinks to himself.

Trying to slow his racing heart, he adjusts his grip on the spit-now-sword and raises his shield in front of him. Normally his arm free arm would be kept behind his back and out of the way, but now he was depending on that arm to keep him shielded. The rotissiere spit is raised so the point is clear of the shield and time seems to slow in anticipation as he waits for the groups next move.

moomoo
2013-01-26, 03:37 AM
Francois looks around in this once familiar kitchen. He immediately sees the doors leading to the pantry and makes the others aware of them.
No time to loose, I will go peek in there to see if there is any danger. Can you guys hold my back?
he whispers to the others.

razorback
2013-01-26, 07:54 AM
As Jim feels the tension mount, feeling that 'something is about to happen' butterfly-in-his-stomach moment, he is suddenly stops, perplexed.
"Huh?" is all that comes out as he stands straighter, not ever realizing he was in a slouching stance.
"Hold your back?!?!?" And then it dawns on him what the french man is saying as he replies, shaking his head "Yes... yes, we'll watch your back."

Thump
2013-01-27, 05:49 PM
"We will."

Viola stands near the door, keeping an eye out for anything that could be dangerous.

Hold his back... nice choice of words there. Not like I could anyways...

Erasmas
2013-01-28, 11:43 AM
The French chef slowly moves his way towards the double swinging doors, being careful not to make too much noise. He reaches out and barely pushes the door on the right open... just enough to get a peek inside the room. He sees all of the shelving, which dominates the room and is jam-packed with foodstuffs. Francois knows, however, that there is both a service elevator and a small staircase leading into the kitchen office at the back of the room. Likewise, there are two more doors in here, one leading into the Trattoria and the other leading into Happy Valley.

However, he sees no sign of anyone in the room... and it is eerily quiet.

moomoo
2013-01-28, 01:53 PM
Francois turns around to the group and whispers:
I can't see any of these zings in 'ere. It's really quiet 'ere.
He shrugs
I don't know about you, but it freaks me out.

Thump
2013-01-29, 09:30 AM
"Too quiet, eh? Just like the movies. Except, you know... not."

Erasmas
2013-01-29, 10:41 AM
"Bollox."

Mason utters under his breath as he pushes past those gathered at the doors and enters the room. Holding his wrench and serving tray shield at the ready, he begins crossing the Pantry to the far side, moving towards the elevator on the left.

GunnDancer
2013-01-29, 01:04 PM
"Mason! Hold up! Something obviously happened out there and then in here..."

Victor, still whispering of course, quickly moves up after Mason. This is precisely what happened last time Blake got devoured and he'd be damned if he let that happen a SECOND time.

Erasmas
2013-01-29, 04:15 PM
The mechanic shakes his head and crosses to the elevator, pressing the button. Then, turning back to Victor, he speaks.

"Look, Victor, I appreciate you watching out for me and all, mate. But this is a time of mice and men... and not the time to be sneakin' 'round like frightened little children trying to avoid the boogeyman, right?"

The elevator dings and the brushed steel doors slide open. What they reveal is a horror to Victor, and a completely unseen surprise to Mason.


http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v71/Erasmas/Dead%20End/ZombieElevator_zpsfa6f6efd.jpg


Four of the undead creatures had been stuffed inside, possibly by someone attempting to trap them there. A balding male, nearest the front, reaches out and grabs ahold of the unsuspecting mechanic's shirt collar. Mason screams at the top of his lungs as the monster pulls the man backwards and bites deeply into the place where his clavicle meets his neck. Blood begins to pour down his shirt as he tries to turn to confront the elevator full of grasping hands and gnashing mouths. Raising his wrench, he attempts to strike the balding man, but the woman right behind him grabs ahold of the mechanic's wrist and tears a chunk of his forearm off in her teeth. The four things drag Mason's fighting form into the small elevator, which tries to close but cannot because the man's legs are still protruding through the doors... his black steel toe boots kicking and twitching as his screams die into nothing more than the wet crunching noise emitting from the small blood-sprayed elevator car.

Thump
2013-01-30, 02:12 PM
Viola simply stands, almost swaying on her feet. She shakes her head after a moment, and turns to the elevator.

"What... do I... No..."

She then desperately looks around for a weapon within reach, wasting no time, her eyes setting on the largest stack of canned food.

Seriously? Yes.

She picks it up, and heaves it at the balding zombie that first grabbed Mason.

razorback
2013-01-30, 11:40 PM
In a pained look mixed with revulsion and fear, Jim steps forward and strikes out at one of the people gnawing on Mason, as the man gurgles his death-rattle.


To hit
[roll0]

Damage
[roll1]

Erasmas
2013-01-31, 10:53 AM
Viola moves forward and hurls the large can of tomato paste that she picked up off of the shelf. The metal missile clangs loudly, but harmlessly off of the interior of the elevator car and falls to the ground, rolling into the far corner.

Jim likewise steps up, closing with the small mob and swings his chair leg at the brunette creature, and his weapon clatters against the door as she lunges out of the way in favor of some "better" part of Mason.

moomoo
2013-02-01, 01:33 PM
Francois comes up after Jim.
Breathing heavily, he brings up his knife in throwing position:
Keep your filthy hands of my friend!

Erasmas
2013-02-01, 02:05 PM
The chef steps forward and hurls his knife into the fray! Unfortunately, Francois' footing was somewhat jeopardized by the massive amount of blood that now covered the floor both inside and outside of the elevator. The blade flies through the air and embeds itself directly into the throat of Mason's already lifeless body.

GunnDancer
2013-02-04, 12:53 PM
"Jim! step back and let them come to us one at a time or something!"

Victor whispers loudly, urgently. He can't get into the elevator doorway and instead opts to watch the space behind them so they don't get caught between two sets of zombies.

Thump
2013-02-04, 07:06 PM
"Well... tomato paste? Oddly... fitting."

She grabs another one and sends it hurling towards the same mark, much more accurately this time... splattering the head of the formerly-balded zombie all over the blonde girl, who gets up with a startled half-moan, half-yelp of surprise.

razorback
2013-02-05, 01:06 AM
Jim, hearing Victor, nods as he strikes again and moves.

To hit
[roll0]


Damage
[roll1]

Taking his shot and moving out of the way.




Once he swings, the smell nearly overcomes him as he moves out of the way and gags, his eyes watering "Damndamndamndamndamn" he mutters to himself.

moomoo
2013-02-05, 03:25 AM
It takes the chef a few moments to look away from the horrific image of his beloved kitchen knife being plunged in his friend's throat, but a loud "THUMP" of a can hitting target brings him back to his senses.
Seeing how succesfull Viola was, the chef tries his luck on the advancing zombie blondie.

Erasmas
2013-02-05, 11:52 AM
Jim swings and misses the bearded zombie, the distance proving just a little too much for the chemistry teacher's reach. He immediately backs away, trying to gain a more strategic position for the group as a whole.

Francois takes the opportunity, as Jim ducks back out of the way, to follow suit with the Russian gymnast. The chef picks up a large can of his own and hurls it at the blonde zombie just as she looks up with hungry eyes. The weighty tin can catches the woman right between her eyes and rolls her backwards off of her haunches, crushing her skull between the can and the wall of the elevator car.

Thump
2013-02-06, 04:07 PM
"Wow, these things are heavy... let's see if I can keep my hits on them."

She then heaves another large can of tomato paste at the bearded zombie, watching it turn edge over edge in a relatively straight path... right into the face! It breaks apart, splattering tomato paste all over the zombie's now-impaled-by-a-shard-of-metal face, Mason, and the corpses of the other living dead.

moomoo
2013-02-08, 10:55 AM
Seeing that throwing cans is definitely a good strategy, Francois takes up another one and hurls it to the last remaining zombie.
Eat this, literally, motherf*.

Erasmas
2013-02-08, 11:13 AM
As Francois throws his can, the only creature left moving around in the elevator and turned her attention to your little band. She was shifting her weight to begin to stand up and come after you, however the chef put an end to that. The hefty can smashed into her temple with a wet crunch and laid the dark-haired woman out flat. The fight was over, but all you could do was stare at Mason's decimated corpse splayed out like a buffet, as the elevator doors repeatedly tried to close on his lower legs... causing his boots to twitch with each failed attempt.

Thump
2013-02-08, 11:34 AM
crack.

"Oh...."

Viola places a hand on her stomach, and feels a slight grumble.

"Wow. Not really meaning to be insensitive, but is anybody hungry now? When's the last time we ate?"

She looks around, and with her boot, bumps the now-deceased Mason's boots into the elevator, allowing it to finally close and move with a soft whirring sound.

GunnDancer
2013-02-08, 03:58 PM
Making a face, Victor looks at the carnage and frowns a little.

"I'm loathe to admit it, but kind of... yeah."

Taking a quick look about the pantry, he nods, satisfied for the moment that nothing horrible is sneaking up on them. Heaving a big sigh he looks back towards the elevator.

"We can't just leave Mason in there... what if he... you know..."

razorback
2013-02-08, 08:02 PM
Jim, shamefaced, looks at the others.

"Yeah, but... uhh, can we wash up a bit?"

moomoo
2013-02-09, 04:53 AM
When Francois hears the mention of food and washing up, he nods and says:
We can go back to the kitchen and clean ourselves up and eat something there.
He starts looking through the pantry for something nice to cook, and also for the bottle of wine he promised Chase.

Erasmas
2013-02-11, 01:29 PM
After no shortage of cleaning up, Francois is able to put together a very filling meal... four pannini sandwiches with turkey and some of the fresh produce that was just around the corner from starting to turn bad. You ate your lunch in near silence, each of you mourning the loss of your two companions in just these short few hours since you began your day. Is this how it is going to be... someone dying every day?!... multiple people dying every day?! Am I next? The thoughts tumbled around unchecked in your mind for some time before you all heard a crash from outside in the restaurant - unmistakeably the sound of glass and ceramic shattering on the floor.

GunnDancer
2013-02-12, 01:23 PM
At the sound of shattering glass, Victor bolts up into a standing position... well he'd describe it as bolting up in an alert manner though it looked more like he nearly jumped out of his skin.

Quickly sliding his shield back onto his left arm, he snatches up his weapon and looks to the others.

"Do we check it out or hustle on out of here?"

moomoo
2013-02-12, 02:04 PM
Francois, who jumps up as well at the sounds of the crash, is a bit doubtful about this:
I'm not so sure, I don't want to test my luck out there.

razorback
2013-02-12, 03:41 PM
Jim sits in morose silence with his companions when the crashing sound is heard.
"Damn. What do we do now?" he whispers.
"We probably should have barricaded the door. I think we should hide and be ready to fight, or run if there are too many of them."

Erasmas
2013-02-12, 03:59 PM
As you all stood on edge, just waiting for whatever could happen next, you heard another noise... one that made the hair on the back of your neck stand on end, if it wasn't already.

On the other side of the pantry, in the direction of the service elevator, you heard the soft, empty, metallic thunk of something heavy bumping up against the steel doors. It then dawns on you... none of you pressed any of the floor buttons to make the car travel anywhere else.

moomoo
2013-02-12, 04:07 PM
Well, it seems that we are up for another fight anyway., Francois says grimly as he prepares himself.
I think we best move out before zey close us in.

Thump
2013-02-14, 01:05 PM
"Well... if that is Mason in the elevator...", her voice trails off, and you all know what she was about to say.

"Ready yourselves."

And with that, she pushes the "open" button and ducks to the side of the door.

Erasmas
2013-02-14, 01:58 PM
Immediately, the elevator door slides open once more, revealing the horrid scene almost as you left it - bodies and blood littered the interior in haphazard heaps of gore. However, the was one major difference now... Mason, the mechanic who very recently fought right alongside you until his gruesome death at this elevator's previous occupants, was standing up.

He faced the back of the deep car, with his serving tray shield dented and more simply tied to his forearm than "worn". And in his other hand, you saw his white-knuckled grip tight around the mechanic's pipe wrench that he had wielded as his weapon. Slowly, the man turns to look over his shoulder at the soft ding of the door as it opens and his expression changes to one of hungry fury.


http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v71/Erasmas/ZombieMason_zps870736cc.jpg

moomoo
2013-02-14, 04:21 PM
Francois had followed Viola to the elevator, a big can of tomato sauce at the ready, "you don't change a winning team", he thinks by himself.

moomoo
2013-02-15, 02:14 AM
As soon as he sees Mason, he straightens himself:
I'm sorry Mason, but I need to do this.
and he throws the big can in the general direction of the elevator.

Erasmas
2013-02-15, 11:32 AM
The chef's over-sized can crashes harmlessly against the wall beside Mason, causing the ex-mechanic to curl his lips back and snarl. The gut-spilling walking corpse continues to turn towards your small group.

Jim steps forward, shuffling Viola back behind him, and lunges forward with his chair leg club, the wooden cudgel tinking off of metal frame of the elevator.

Viola hurls another can in Mason's direction, but it too slams against the wall, wild of its target!

Erasmas
2013-02-20, 12:09 PM
The once-mechanic shuffles around and lazily swings his arm, and the wrench by proxy, in Jim's direction! The heavy iron tool slams into the wall of the elevator, putting a fairly decent dent into the brushed steel panel as the chemistry teacher moves deftly out of the way of harm.

Francois takes the opportunity as Jim jukes out of the way to throw another can at Mason, beaming him right in the face! The attack causes the bloody man to stagger back momentarily and peels away his lower lip to reveal his stark white teeth, tainted with fresh thick red blood.

razorback
2013-02-21, 09:04 AM
Jim looks aghast as the shambling former mechanic tries to kill him.
"Damn, @#$%, @#$@%,@#$%^#$%!!!" he curses as he shakes it off and lashes out with his makeshift cudgel, seeking to brain the man-thing before him.


To hit
[roll0]

Damage
[roll1]


After his attack, the rational part of his brain kicks in and he takes a step tactically back in order to give the others the opportunity to end this.

Erasmas
2013-02-21, 11:45 AM
The chemistry teacher takes a half-hearted parting swing as he scrambles back away from Mason and fully out of the elevator. Mason snarls and snaps his now-exposed teeth at Jim as he retreats. He begins to shuffle his feet as if he means to follow in pursuit.

Erasmas
2013-02-22, 01:47 PM
Viola, moving back behind Jim, grabbed another large can (this one of peeled potatoes) and lugged it at Mason. The heavy tin missile smashes into the front of the mechanic's skull, caving it in part of the way and causing a fount of crimson to pour down the man's already blood-soaked body. Although the blow staggered mason enough to send him into the back wall of the elevator... he still seemed to be all too eager to gnaw upon your flesh!

GunnDancer
2013-02-22, 07:56 PM
Seeing an opening, Victor moves in quickly to fill the gap. This was taking way too long and the sooner they put down the thing masquerading as their friend the sooner they could move on. Hefting his weapon, he jabbed it towards Mason's throat, hoping to thrust upward and into the brain through the soft palette cause hey... zombie movies gotta be right some times!

Erasmas
2013-02-25, 11:50 AM
Just as Victor lunged forward, Mason was starting to raise his own weapon in an attack. The pentathlete's skewer pierces the tricep of the creature's arm that was holding the weapon. The limb falls flaccid by his side, the attack abandoned. It appeared as though the arm was next to useless now!

However, the ex-mechanic did indeed try once more, throwing his arm forward and failing miserably to even raise it beyond his own waist.

moomoo
2013-02-25, 04:42 PM
Francois takes up yet another can and throws it towards Mason.
Mason tries to bring up his left arm in defense and he succeeds in it, just to have the can smash in his elbow, breaking it with a loud snapping sound. Leaving his forearm to drop limp, with a bit of bone sticking out at the top of it.

Erasmas
2013-02-26, 12:41 PM
Following suit, Jim sets his chair leg club on the shelf beside him and picks up one of the heavy cans. He spins and hefts it, two handed, at his former companion, only to have the can fall short. It hits the floor and rolls into the elevator, taking a left "turn" and coming to a stop in the corner behind Victor.

Viola likewise hurls a can at the monster Mason had become, which falls short and slams into the wall outside of the elevator, punching a hole in the plastic paneling.

GunnDancer
2013-02-26, 12:48 PM
With a flourish, Victor removes the skewer from the now useless arm of the undead. This was his element... well not battling zombies but sword play! Another thrust was aimed once more for the soft bits that made up weak points in the skull of their once-friend in an attempt to put him down for good.

Erasmas
2013-02-26, 01:46 PM
This time, the weapon pierces Mason's skull and brain. His eyes rolls into the back of his head and he goes limp. As Victor pulls his sword from the creature, the body collapses into a pile with a wet thud.

Though the battle seemed to be over for the time being, your were denied any rest as you heard the sound of a cast iron skillet hit the floor of the kitchen behind you. Just on the other side of the double doors... you could hear the snarling and moaning of more of the creatures. It would appear that your fight with the mechanic may have drawn the attention of those wandering in the restaurant!

moomoo
2013-02-26, 02:40 PM
Francois takes out his icepick and starts to back off:
Quick, let's go in the elevator and on to deck 8. We have been 'ere way too long.

Thump
2013-02-26, 03:33 PM
"I'm into that plan."

She rushes into the elevator, pushing out the zombie corpses to make room for the others, while snatching Mason's wrench on her way past.

GunnDancer
2013-02-27, 06:26 AM
Victor takes just a moment to wipe his weapon clean on the body of one of the zombies shirts and then salutes their fallen comrade with his skewer, sighing as he shakes his head before entering the elevator.

Erasmas
2013-02-27, 11:03 AM
It takes almost a full minute to offload the bodies and the multitude of large cans that are in the elevator car. However, working together (quietly), you manage to do so without causing whatever creatures were in the next room to enter the pantry. Careful of your footing in the blood-coated and gore-spattered elevator, the four of you that remain enter and press the small button labelled '8'.

The ride was short; you knew it was short... it was only one floor. However, it seemed to take an excruciatingly long time. Filled with pieces of bone and gray matter all over the walls and the ceiling, the floor was a horrid display of the atrocities that were becoming far too commonplace. Viola had to keep his injured leg lifted somewhat at an uncomfortable level, just to prevent the stuff from leaking between her toes through the open front of her boot brace. You tried very hard not to touch any of the surfaces more than you had too and the smell was nearly unbearable. And so, when the soft ding of the elevator arriving at the floor below finally sounded, you couldn't get out of there fast enough.

Exiting, you find yourselves in a narrow hallway meant for crew only. It was devoid of any decorations or flourishes and was purely functional. About fifteen feet long and only about three feet wide, there was barely enough room to pass one another. There was a door on either end, the one to your right as you exited the elevator would lead to the hallway that you needed. Out that door, and to the right once more would lead you forward of the ship... and to the bridge.


http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v71/Erasmas/Dead%20End/ElevatorExit_zps0e54f9ed.jpg

razorback
2013-02-28, 09:32 AM
"Someone should hold the door open while pushing the closed button in case this level holds any surprises" Jim whispers as he pointedly looks at Viola.

moomoo
2013-02-28, 10:08 AM
If Francois is the first one out of the elevator, seeing no danger, he will move to the door on the right. If he is behind others, he will whisper to them that the door to the right will lead to the destination.

GunnDancer
2013-02-28, 12:45 PM
Victor whispers as well, looking around anxiously.


"Marching orders folks? I can take point if Francois wants to back me up... he knows this level after all. In fact... he's the only one who knows where we're actually heading now..."

As if that settled the issue in his mind, Victor moves up front and follows Francois directions, heading cautiously to the door on the right, pausing at it and listening intently before he even attempts to open it.

GunnDancer
2013-03-01, 12:52 PM
Victors head drops slightly, eyes closed as the sounds reach him. As if steeling himself against some stupid but necessary task that must be finished before the day is through, he gathers his will and looks back to the others, whispering.

"There's a low groaning coming from the hallway... I'm going to open it and take a peek... just be ready for anything."

Turning back to the door, he opens it just enough so he can peer outside.

GunnDancer
2013-03-02, 12:32 PM
Ducking back into the relative safety of the room they are in, Victor turns back to his friends, being sure the door is shut tight before joining them.

"Okay... well some good news and some bad news. Good news? The way we need to go looks clear but there are a bunch of rooms with open doors along that way so who knows what is in there. But that bad news? There is a group of zombies to the opposite direction."

His gaze meets the eyes of his friends before Victor shakes his head slightly.

"I don't know how we could all get past them without alerting them to our presence so... any ideas? I have a couple but on immediate inspection they seem insane if not flat out suicidal..."

razorback
2013-03-04, 04:11 PM
Jim watches and listens as Victor gives a quick description of what is going on.
"Francois, what do those rooms open into? It might sound silly but we might pull the old Scoobie Doo trick. You know run in one room and, when the monsters chase you, sneak out another and shut both in the processes. Only it isn't old man Smithers in a mask we have to worry about." he whispers to the others.

GunnDancer
2013-03-05, 12:38 PM
Victor thinks for a moment, rubbing the back of his head before heaving a great sigh.

"Well... how about this? I can go out and play 'distract the zombie' while the rest of you scoot on out of here following Francois. If they are busy with me maybe I can run them in circles for a bit."

Digging around briefly in his satchel, he pulls out the can of cooking spray.

"And then this SHOULD trip them up enough to give me time to catch back up to all of you..."

Victor glances back at the other door he didn't go through.

"Francois, does this door over here connect to the hall way out there? Like does it make a big square around this little room?"

moomoo
2013-03-07, 02:52 PM
The French cook draws a blank at the Scooby Doo notion.
Ze rooms are just the staterooms, I don't zink we can run in one and run out another.
At the mention of the hallway, he answers:
Hmm, we can draw zem in 'ere, run out through that door over there, run around and close zis door to close zem in, I guess.
He points at the door at the other side of the hallway we're currently in while saying this.

GunnDancer
2013-03-09, 08:21 AM
"Alright... then let me check out this other side. If it's clear I will go out this door" Victor gestures to the door on the left, the one they don't need "And see if I can get those dead heads to follow me. I'm not sure I like the idea of trapping them in this room only because there might be other survivors on board who need this elevator..."

Victor shudders briefly at the thought of those elevator doors opening to a mob of zombies. A vision of a can of sardines being torn apart by a hungry cat suddenly comes into his mind, but he shakes his head to clear it before moving over to the other door.

GunnDancer
2013-03-12, 11:43 AM
Stepping back with Viola, Victor closes the door carefully.

"Okay... well it looks like "Plan: Why the hell am I doing this?" is a go. This side is clear. If I can draw them over here and slip them up with the cooking spray I can join you on the other side of this room by cutting through here..."

Removing his satchel, Victor hands it over to Jim, making sure to keep the cooking spray with him. Almost as an after thought, he takes off his over shirt and stuffs it in the satchel, leaving him in his underarmour blue compression shirt. "Less for them to grab on to, you know?"

"Okay... so let's be clear about this. I am going out there to draw the zombies away. One of you watch the door to make sure that group leaves and once they do, you three move it down the hall following Francois."

Looking each of them in the eyes, he pauses for just a moment. "No matter what you hear, don't come back. I will join you. If you hear something bad and try and come save me you could be running right into a mob of undead and then no one will make it out alive."

razorback
2013-03-12, 02:33 PM
Jim nods to Victor as he passes him the satchel.
"Whatever happens, keep moving and don't let yourself get cornered. We'll see you in a little bit." he finishes with a pat on the younger mans' shoulder.

Erasmas
2013-03-15, 12:32 PM
After much deliberation, Victor finally goes for it, ducking out of the small hallway and shutting the door behind him. The click that the door makes shutting is enough to get the attention of the small group of creatures off to the pentathlete's left. Letting out a groan of hunger, they all turn and give chase.

Rounding the corner, Victor readies his can of cooking spray.

moomoo
2013-03-18, 08:40 AM
Francois leans against the door after Victor closes it, trying to hear if the plan had any success. He keeps his hand out in the back as a gesture to the others to remain silent and wait before they would bust their move.

Thump
2013-03-18, 12:44 PM
Viola nods, and after Victor goes through the door, she takes up a position opposite to Francois, huddling up against the wall a few feet back from the door.

"He'd better come back..."

moomoo
2013-03-18, 01:08 PM
As soon as he is sure the zombies have passed the door and have run a bit further, he very slowly and quietly opens the door and tries to peek to see if the coast is clear.

Erasmas
2013-03-18, 02:00 PM
Francois opens the door to peek out, but is distracted by something that is lying just outside in the exterior hallway... a small severed arm that one of the zombies apparently discarded in favor of chasing Victor. The chef could see several chunks missing out of it and the Hello Kitty wristwatch truly sent home the gruesomeness of the visage. The poor man was unable to concentrate on much else; although, luckily he was not alone.

razorback
2013-03-18, 02:29 PM
Jim taps Francois on the shoulder and pantomimes with his shoulders shrugging up and down, waiting for the cook to make some response.

moomoo
2013-03-18, 04:09 PM
With the tap on his shoulder, Francois snaps back to reality out of the dark thoughts that had briefly clouded his mind.
He closes the door to recover for a moment.
After that he says:
Ze Zombies are on the move. We have to move out. You guys ready?

Erasmas
2013-03-19, 02:31 PM
Victor picked a spot near the opposite corner as he approached it and began spraying. Hopping over it and trying not to slip himself, he hurriedly sprayed as much of the cooking oil onto the tiled floor as he could manage without letting those things get too close.

Finally, Viola and Jim urged Francois out the door and the three began hurriedly making their way bow-ward. As they passed the adjoining hallway, they caught the sight of several of the creatures slipping and loosing their footing. Victor flung open the door and jumped back into the narrow hallway outside the elevator, closing it behind him. He clearly heard the thudding tumble of the collective group of monsters in the hallway outside, as they crashed against each other, the walls, and the floor. Looking up, he could see that the other three survivors were already gone... and that the door behind them was left open.

razorback
2013-03-20, 07:59 AM
"Go, we'll follow" is all the Jim can get out quietly as the anxiety causes a sweat to break out across his forehead.

GunnDancer
2013-03-20, 11:40 AM
Seeing the open door, Victor shakes his head a little bit. Thank goodness everything had gone down properly or else... well there was no time to dwell on that. Once more checking to make sure the door is closed tight, Victor goes to follow the others, taking a few quick glances on either side of the door way to make sure that there are no nasty surprises waiting for him. Once he is sure it is safe, he steps out, quick to rejoin his group... but not before spraying more cooking oil behind him as another trap for any zombies that may want to follow them.

Erasmas
2013-03-25, 10:52 AM
Victor took off down the hallway, trailing the small group that he could see ahead of him. They moved passed opened doors and had to step over mangled bodies and before long the pentathlete had caught up with them.

All of you could still hear the roars of the creatures behind, still struggling with the traps left by Victor. However, a glance back revealed that they were beginning to claw their way free of the second greased spot and would be in the hallway behind you in mere moments. At an agonizingly slow pace... a door marked 'BRIDGE' came ever closer into view ahead of you.

moomoo
2013-03-26, 03:51 AM
Francois kept on running, although he felt that his condition was not up to activities like these. He starts looking for a position from which they could fend of the oncoming group of zombies if need be, starting to pant increasingly heavy because of the physical exertion.